Designers » D E » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

D&G Anthology Le Fou 21 Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

herbal
D&G Anthology Le Fou 21 Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

The fashion house Dolce & Gabbana launched D & G Anthology fragrance collection in 2009. The collection consisted of six fragrances named after six tarot cards. Each fragrance is represented by a famous top model. Those fragrances are: Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou), L’Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell), L’Amoureaux 6 (Noah Mills), La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova i Fernando Fernandes), La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer) and La Force 11 (Tony Ward). Two new editions are added to the collection in 2011: La Temperance 14 („temperance“) and Le Fou 21 (“the fool”).

Le Fou 21 is a fragrance designed for careless and spontaneous individuals, so called "jesters”. Its composition is made of bergamot, juniper berries, ginger and fern accords.

Available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Coriander Bergamot Violet

Cognac Juniper Berries Cardamom

Ginger Tonka Bean Fern Woodsy Notes

D&G Anthology Le Fou 21 Fragrance Reviews

Vexel
Vexel

It's very nice, fresh and green with a nuance that my brain perceives as fruity despite the lack of fruit in the note list. In my opinion it's more complex than some of the other reviews are giving it credit for with a subtle smoky texture under the vivid top. Extremely pleasant if not world shaking. The one fault of this one is the horrible longevity on my skin. Three hours tops for me. Other than that I consider this something of a gem, sweet and rich, but fresh and never cloying.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Quality-wise and creativity-wise, another equivalent of a generic bath soap in a perfume bottle. Keywords: green-floral, fresh-zesty, metallic, citrus head notes, resinous-herbal-caramelised and slightly nutty-roasted base notes. Artificial, clean, not tragic, pleasantly dull.

Kevin_tuan_91

It's too sweet for man. It's just for woman. The opening smells like a candy. I agree that if a man uses it, people will think he runs out his cologne and he uses his wife perfume. The dry down smells less feminine, but overall I think this juice is just suitable for woman. I don't think it is right smell for man.

gabe828
gabe828

Picked this up at Nordstrom Rack the other night. Unbelievable fragrance. It just works well with my skin from the beginning to the dry down. Can be worn year round IMO. Highly recommend this juice for your collection, you won't regret it.

Osmin
Osmin

Le Fou is not Le Fou at all, although the opening is bit jokey. However, it is worth to wait few minutes, during which, one may perceive some feminine accords, like a lipstick note. Maybe that is why some users refer to it as unisex or feminine. Regardless of that, it loses its potency an hour later, so there is no point talking about gender.

Definitely can be worn by women without anyone suspecting that it could be men’s perfume, but if a man will wear it, someone might think that this morning this man run out of his own perfume and used his wife’s, who had a perfume with some masculine undertones. That is what this perfume has, masculine undertones.

There was a bell ringing in my head when I sniffed it after a half an hour, I was trying to remember where I encounter similar accord; it was same cognac accord I found in Black Walnut by Banana Republic. I think this is the most interesting and nicest aspect of this perfume. It needs to be sprayed from a distance, not close to the body; too much perfume concentration in one spot will drown the cognac note in powder smell, which is another feminine feature in this one.

It is a likeable perfume, and it is up to each person to decide whether it is good for him or her. I will pass on this one for now.

az1000
az1000

Accords similar to Angel Schlesser Homme Angel Schlesser for men.

lucaschiang8
lucaschiang8

I got this today. Somehow i smell like caramel and something else. it's amazing! i really like it!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A nice tonka bean/vanilla scent with a hint of ginger. If I'm in the market for a vanilla scent I'll get this instead of Le Male - the bottle is far less silly and it's slightly less expensive.

My wife liked it, too.

empowered82
empowered82

This is another that if I had gone by the reviews or marks from Fragrantica, I would've passed it by. Glad I tried it for myself. I absolutely LOVE this fragrance. The drydown is so SEXY on me.

Try it and don't like it. Nothing special !!! I still like d&g 1

mrfive
mrfive

this has made me consider other fragrances from this line... which is illogical when you stop to think, as there is no reason why any of the others should be similar to this one...
On the back of the sealed sample packet that the vial comes in, it has an illustration that classes:
L’Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell)
La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova i Fernando Fernandes)
La Temperance 14 (temperance)
La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer)
as POUR FEMME

and
Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou)
L’Amoureaux 6 (Noah Mills)
La Force 11 (Tony Ward)
Le Fou 21 (the fool)
POUR HOMME

So I don't know where 'manofscents' was told that,
"..this is ..my favorite out of 'em all, probably because this is the only one that is actually for men as marked on the box, ..have all nine fragrances from this anthology line.. I can wear [this one] without any question as to whether* I'm wearing a men's frag or woman's, due to my opinion that some of the frags in this unisex line smell very feminine."

Smellsgood59
Smellsgood59

Smells of Lacoste Essential after 5 minutes on my skin.

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

I went to the biggest outlet in my area in search of a new fragrance. I usually don't take advices from the sales people because most of the time, they don't know what they are talking about.

But on this day, i was roaming around in dilemma, and the salesgirl came up to me and said would you like to try one of the Anthology. I told her that Anthology series doesnt fancy me big time and most of it doesnt last on my skin. Then she recomended me to try this one on the skin. I did.

I couldnt beleive it, this had great projection and the juice was nothing like I have tested before. I bought it on the spot.

It lasts a good 5 hours on my skin and it's fun to wear. I get compliments on this one.

nattychins
nattychins

I decide to bought this by read those note, and Yeaahhh!!!! I'm happy with it. it's CITRUS, FRESH and MOSSY except poor longevity, on me it's like 4-5 hours then it's closer to my skin.Any tricks to keep it stay longer.

carolinedb
carolinedb

I am a girl, but I tried this on myself and loved it. It was so fresh, and a bit masculine. I'm thinking of buying it for myself...too bad I'm single, because if I had a boyfriend, I'd buy it for him, too!! Also, the bottle says Pour Homme on the front. It is not meant as a unisex fragrance.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

IDK why D&G didn't just put a "0" on the bottle, I think it would have been interesting && correct, is zero not a number?

manofscents
manofscents

I have all nine fragrances from this anthology line and this is probably my favorite out of'em all, probably because this is the only one that is actually for men as marked on the box, so I can wear it without any question as to weather I'm wearing a mens frag or womans, due to my opinion that some of the frags in this unisex line smell very feminine. Good fragrance by d&g anthology.

Le Fou is not marketed as unisex. The box says "Pour Homme" on the front.

I think Le Fou is my favorite of the Anthology series. It's undeniably masculine, yet it can be easily worn by a woman. I love the fresh, aromatic, fern and juniper combination on the top, and I get cognac very strongly well into the drydown.

Notes shown above are incorrect. Should be: Bergamot, Coriander Leaf, Violet Leaf, Cognac, Juniper Berry, Cardamom, Dry Woods, Gingerbread, Tonka Bean.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Why are they still making these? I hope The D&G Velvet Collection is an improvement. Especially priced at $195 at Saks. I found the entire Anthology line to be mediocre. They're all, "ok." However the 11 La Force was above average and the best in my opinion. 21 just wasn't appealing, especially to women. It's time for a new "The One" flanker for men. I've enjoyed them all so far. Gentleman was a bit more interesting however. There's far more effort put into those, than any other Dolce & Gabbana fragrance group. How about a relaunch of By Man and By Woman without reformulation?

D&G Anothology LE FOU 21 is a decidedly masculine fragrance. Very aromatic and woody, with a familiar complement of green and brown elements found in many masculine colognes. When I first applied this composition, it reminded me a bit of Bond no 9 SILVER FACTORY, and I really thought that incense numbered among the notes, but maybe it was an olfactory illusion? In any case, I am thoroughly convinced that the notes list is incomplete, for the cedarish iso-E-Super quality is undeniable here.

I definitely would not say that this composition is "fou" or "crazy" in any way. To my nose, this is a very typical masculine cologne, albeit with pretty big sillage and above average longevity. I surmise that LE FOU would probably too masculine for many women, whom I advise to try before they buy.

jinjun
jinjun

The fact that they use Tarot references for the names is a disgrace. Neither bottles nor scents have anything to do with the symbolism of the cards. Le Fou should be a number 0, not 21. They might as well just use the numbers alone. So much could have been done with that concept, but easier to hire three ex-supermodels for an ad compaign that do not represent the idea at all.

debgrae
debgrae

Tried it on at Ulta today. I like it. If it's the ginger I'm smelling, it agrees with me. One Hour Later: OK - I still like it, but my eyes don't. Irritating me... on to the next.

What he said
V V V V V V

It's awesome in that similar to D&G The One kinda way.

antonpan
antonpan

That was a surprising discovery for me that Le Fou is a fresher and younger version of... The one for men! It opens with a splash of bracing ginger, of course citrusy, but not so lemony as for example Dior Homme Sport. After that the scent becomes softer and sweeter and begins to remind of a fruity chewing gum. This accord is extremely similar to a base of Dolce & Gabbana The one for men (minus vanilla I should say). Le Fou is not so rich and woody as The One, but for me it is more comfortable (The One is apparently too sweet). The sillage is average (the fragrance stays close to skin though), the longevity is the same or even below average.

Nevenazz
Nevenazz

I don't like it at all. Ginger ginger and only ginger... :P

LaRoueDaLaFortune
LaRoueDaLaFortune

Can't wait to smell it. I have 4 of the 6 previous scents from the D&G Antology collection. Fern, ginger? Sounds like a winner. Lol

Mushroomfat

I really hope the ginger and bergamot dont ruin this. The first 6 have been great scents and I want that tradition to continue. The juniper anf fern look promising.

D&G Anthology Le Fou 21 by Dolce&Gabbana 3.64 out of 5 based on 77 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology Le Fou 21 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology Le Fou 21, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G Anthology Le Fou 21 by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G Anthology Le Fou 21 by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.