Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

D&G Masculine Dolce&Gabbana for men

D&G Masculine Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

D&G Masculine Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

D&G Masculine by Dolce&Gabbana is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. D&G Masculine was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Max Gavarry. Top notes are petitgrain and bergamot; middle notes are orange blossom, clary sage, mint, basil, jasmine and caraway; base notes are teak wood, fig leaf, musk, vetiver and cedar.

Petitgrain Bergamot

Orange Blossom Clary Sage Mint Basil Jasmine Caraway

Teak Wood Fig Leaf Musk Vetiver Cedar

Concentre d`Orange Verte

D&G Masculine Fragrance Reviews

assuom
assuom

Citrus, citrus, citrus and again citrus. This is the only thing I get from this fragrance. Since I was bored by this smell and stopped wearing it, I ended up giving it away to my Dad who quite likes this kind of smell. This fragrance also reminds me of lemon shower gels.
Nice fragrance if you are into citrusy smell. But not for me.

icufish
icufish

@naipe: Iskander (Parfum d`Empire) is similar.

naipe
naipe

Does someone know any similar perfume to this now in the market?

bazil14
bazil14

this was a true classic i remember when you could pick this up for around 15 pounds in discount shops like wilkos and bm bargains now people are bidding over 100 to get there hands on this its a shame it was discontinued as i loved it and its also the reason i own beckham instinct as its the closest thing to this out there atm its a real shame because this was one of d&gs finest compared to the piss weak recent offerings really hope they come up with a decent mens frag soon because its a shame to see a good brand decline when theyve been more than capable of producing a decent fragrance

masak389
masak389

In respose to Jafons@yahoo: The reason for the discontinuity of this precious gem is the imposibility to maintain the fragrance profile with the drastic reduction to almost undetectable values of the concentrations of bergamot oil and tree and oak moss absolutes caused by IFRA/EU regulations. Sometimes the substitutive aromachemicals don't work well and getting the balance with the other components it's impossible: the fragrance never becomes the same. A shame.

jafons@yahoo.com
jafons@yahoo.com

This was a masterpiece for compliments left and right . D&G best by far!
It is a mystery why this was discontinued.

caese27

Plenty to be found? I been looking benpitt cant find for a reasonable price , they want too much $$ for it on ebay

caese27

This cologne was given to me by a women i was seeing at the time i was very familiar with dolce & gabbana colognes but i never knew of this one , when i smelled it and then put it on it was my new signature scent , and all women loved it and guys asked what it was too , sadly they discontinued this cologne a underrated hero i say but stetson is still on the market , wow talk about ironic

warlockss
warlockss

just like the name on the bottle , the best lemon citrus smell with masculinity and other sweet notes, i already have a 100ml bottle of this and found a shop near me that still has 4 100ml bottles of this stuff still in the display cabinets , this stuff has been dicontinued sadly and what left remains is still selling for top dollar , my shop sells them for $75 , ebay sells them from $80 upwards plus extra with shipping , think im gonna go buy all the bottles at this shop i found HAHAHAHA
well guys gals , i went back and to my surprise there was only two 100ml bottles remaining in the shop so i bought both of them , damn i love this so much sweet lemon tangy musky smell , if you see this in any shop dont think JUST BUY IT !!!!

Bbjr
Bbjr

I still have just a bit left in a bottle of the original formula, I don't want to use it now because I don't want to be without this. This is a fantastic scent. Yes, lemon right away but quickly fades back and the oak moss comes thru and its wonderful! Of the 100 or so bottles I have this is in the top 5. This is 10/10!!!!!!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I agree with the comments that D&G Masculine is a warn citrus scent perfect through late spring into late summer.
The top notes that you can smell is bergamot, petitgrain and Orange blossom. What's unique to my nose is the aroma of Myrrh or honey which must be the caraway when you first spray it. The aroma changes and settles to an excellent jasmine, clary sage mid tone.
The base notes of teak wood, and musk make this fragrance a really good masculine cologne.. perfect gem.
Overall, I don't know why D&G discontinued this cologne. If they consider a revival of this fragrance, they would benefit. The new fragrance's tend all smell similar not like D&G MASCULINE.
Perfect during the daytime and not heavy or offensive.
I wish I had picked this up several years ago, I would of used it a lot more.
Longevity is at least 6-8 hour's moderate.
Sillage is enough to be moderate
Very fresh, warn and clean scent.
I have had several people compliament me, they ask me which new fragrance is it. When I tell them it D&G that came out in 99' they are shocked.
I would recommend it to those who enjoy a different frag that isn't too sweet and are open to something old something new now if you can find it. 10/10

CDGfan
CDGfan

I don't know why Dolce and Gabbana discontinued this masterpiece,its amazing! If you don't like lemons then stay away but if you do, this is perfect. A powerful citrus fragrance which smells modern and youthful, I have gotten loads of compliments for this. Its a well blended citrus with lemon and musk notes but with a fougere twist. Oakmoss and Tree moss give this fragrance a lot of character.

I have no idea if this was reformulated at some point but my bottle is quite old. When I first tried it I didn't think much of it; couldn't smell much of anything. Perhaps the top notes had diminished over the years somewhat. The other day I knew I wasn't going to be able to pay much attention to what I sprayed on, so I reached for this one. I didn't get much of anything, though it was only a spray to the chest. A few hours later, I was getting wafts of something that smelled really great, and then I realized it must be this scent! It seems like the wood and fig notes were largely responsible. I can't think of another scent I have that can produce this really nice effect. At one time I would have gladly sold this one for $20 or so but now I am going to hold onto it. If it disappoints me in the future I may change my mind of course, but I'm hoping the "magic" continues with it.

gd15329
gd15329

BEST CITRUS SCENT EVER!.-

Very masculine smell in it's own smooth way... no one will get offended if you were this, everyone will notice you... some of them may comment.

Why all the good fragrances get discontinued...?

But I was lucky! I've found the last 100ml few days ago... :)

Blind buy it if it gets in your way.

My Total Score: 9/10

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

I saw the 100ml of this in a store for $30! So of course I had to buy it, a D&G fragrance for that price...it had to be mine! I got a tester and I wasn't overly impressed at all by the scent. I never wear it but I still like it. It smells very vintage like all 90's fragrances, it's not very fresh scented but its okay. Citrusy and VERY green. I'd recommend it for older gentlemen.

fergali
fergali

Finally i got a chance to test it on my skin. It starts with a lot of lemons like lemon juice but if u wait for 10 minutes the middle and base notes are coming up and it ends with a great dry down. Perfect for summer. It is unique.Also has quite good longevity; around 8 hours.It is hard to understand why it is discontinued....

mariomario
mariomario

it was the best

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

My husband wore this perfume on our wedding day... I totally love this perfume and it's such a pity they discontinued this perfume! Why oh why?! This is a fresh spicy green sexy scent! Perfect for younger bold men...

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Great masculine smelling evening fragrence!! Reminds me of my clubbing days!!

Ralphfaeill
Ralphfaeill

Where is to get this perfume?? i had it once as a presents from my friend but unfortunately it's not sold in my country. Too bad... i love the smell so much!!

arzacu
arzacu

great lemony smell, drydown amazing, masculine, fresh, a little woody but still light, it's perfect for spring/summer, for wearing as a daily fragrance.

I definitely gonna get this one!

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

verde metalizado,notas de saida lembram amanhecer,muito bom,pena nao fixa tanto,porem deixa rastro e projeta relativamente bem.bem elegante,uso diario,vale investir nele,pra quem gosta de limão.

cardains
cardains

Its just sex in a bottle.

jcastano
jcastano

This smells almost identical to lemon pledge but it's not half bad! I'm very picky when it comes to lemon, it either has to be very natural smelling or blended with another note and this one mixed with light woods, tonka bean, musk, and vetiver make for a very masculine drydown. I enjoy it on my casual days and its great all year around with great sillage and decent longevity (4-6 hours).

I read that this was released for a younger audience some years ago but I see this for anyone over 21+ since it is very masculine and smells more on the mature end of the fragrance spectrum. The best way to describe this scent is imagine D&G Pour Homme without the pepper, blended with Obsession by Calvin Klein. Together, they'd create the fresh, woody, lemony, and masculine D&G Masculine! Haha, I guess thats what the name entails.

costaleo
costaleo

It's a nice scent, although there is a note that bothers me for a while... actually I like the perfume as a whole so I overlook this little problem with the scent's composition. It's light, fresh, safe. People around you won't feel bothered. Compliment getter.

For those who are into this kind of lemony scents, I strongly reccomend Monsieur Balmain. Great, cheaper and maybe better blended.

Phatmatttheriverrat
Phatmatttheriverrat

The wife loves this one on me!!

Nosejob!
Nosejob!

This is one of my all-time faves, but I admit that I am "slightly" biased having worked for the creating company for nearly 29 years.
This fragrance has what I call a raunchy, disjointed elegance when first applied, but pulls together and becomes quite smooth and "whole" on the dry-down. I have never had a negative comment while wearing this fragrance, people are ususally quite intrigued with it.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I pick this for mid30's professional types. It's a very professional smell. I tried but was not particularly phased by it.
Smells nice, seems plain, then I remember it's 11years old. At that time this may have been unique. I tried at the same time as Chopard pour homme, I prefer Chopard.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

This is harsh and takes far too long to dry down to a more tolerable projection. Eye watering citrus and an imbalance of woods and herbs. You know those nasty teas you can't stand to drink, but happen to be really good for you...? That's what this reminds me of. Just ask the women that frowned their faces after I put it on.

periquito89
periquito89

Is a lemony scent, which stays with you for a long time with almost the same feeling. Finishes in a mild tone, a bit old-fashioned but somewhat pleasant. A casual scent for some moments outdoors I think. Even if it is not an elegant one, I would choose it easily, instead of the expensive lemony and a bit sharp Channel Allure Edition Blanc and the ultra citric though natural smelling Moschino Friends.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A citrus aromatic scent. Monsieur Balmain is a lot better than this.

instantjim
instantjim

Some time ago I got a 4mL sample of this for a couple of dollars. I bought it at the same time as a few other fragrances and promptly forgot about it, as it got lost amongst the Manhattan-Island-like collection of 100 and 50ml bottles on my bedside cabinet.

A few days ago I rediscovered the vial and really tried it for the first time. I remember trying it when I first got it, but being a bit precious about the tiny bottle, never actually put enough on to fully experience it. Giving myself a generous splash along my forearm and wrist I belatedly experienced the fragrance as it should be experienced…and what a pleasant surprise!

At the moment here in the southern hemisphere it is spring. Dolce and Gabbana Masculine captures springtime (and perhaps early summer) perfectly for me. In particular, it evokes a spring morning in my cedar-clad house, when it has rained gently just before dawn. The sun is warming and drying off the orange blossom. A fresh breeze is blowing the freshness of wet foliage and blossom through my window. Truth be known, I planted the citrus trees too close to the house (about 5 feet away), which can be annoying (especially when lemons and oranges knock against the windows during autumn and winter storms), but the blossom wafting through the house at the moment more than makes up for it.

This fragrance is a subtle blend. The citrus opening is not harsh, but is balanced with fresh notes. Unlike some fragrances, the citrus top notes carry on a long time throughout the life of the fragrance, the bergamot and orange blossom combining perfectly to achieve this. The floral and wood notes become more obvious as the citrus eases somewhat. This fragrance is gentle. It is at heart an old-fashioned gentleman’s cologne livened up with citrus and herbs. It is polite: there is nothing sharp or unpleasant about it. Just like a fresh spring morning which warms and ends in a languid afternoon.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Full of musc. The longervity is not so good. But anyway, it's a cute scent. Very modern, strong, sexy, and easy to wear.

acc
acc

Very modern and lemony. One of the most synthetic smells out there. Orange blossom, jasmine, teak wood and fig stand out. You may try this if you want to smell weird and be happy with it.

ticalau
ticalau

don't like the bottle, don't like the notes... just don't like it! To light and it's not powerful... 2 cheap i guess!

noddoc
noddoc

it is a great smell, i tasted ti in "ici paris" and i like it very much i decided to buy it.

D&G Masculine by Dolce&Gabbana 4.11 out of 5 based on 204 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Masculine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Masculine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G Masculine by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G Masculine by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.