Designers » D E » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

I have it: 449 I had it: 130 I want it: 232 My signature: 13

tobacco
Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

Designer duo Dolce & Gabbana launched their first perfume Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme in 1992, followed by its male equivalent Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme in 1994. Rich floral character of the feminine edition and aromatic - fougere for the masculine one, this perfume pair marked the decade of the nineties. In 2012, the designers have decided to "return to the roots" and to re-launch the two fragrances.

The advertising campaign is shot by Mario Testino in Sicily with famous models Laetitia Casta and Noah Mills. The fragrances are available from July 2012 – as 40, 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette for men.

Bergamot Neroli Citruses Mandarin Orange

Lavender Sage Pepper

Tonka Bean Cedar Tobacco

D&G
Eau de Hongrie

Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

mmironov
mmironov

I had been planning to buy this for a very long time and yesterday it happened.
I wore it last night and OMG, what is this dry down? It's simply to die for - peppery aromatic tobacco with a hint of woods and soft vanilla. Someone here has mentioned they got camomile, which is also true for me.

Projection is very good. As far as longevity goes, after 15 hours I can still sniff it off my wrists.

edge42
edge42

My new bottle of the UK reformulation just got here in the mail today, and honestly I'm extremely excited. To me, this is an improvement over the original made in Italy version which I've owned for years and am very familiar with. As great as that is, it always felt too heavy and hard to wear... like it wears you as I've seen others describe it, very true.

Perhaps that is why there are many critics of this scent. Some people like sillage bombs and in comparison to the original, this UK version is noticeably subdued. Personally, I prefer it that way. Now it's more mature and wearable. It no longer screams for attention like someone typing in ALL CAPS. With that new chamomile accord (thank you anna.dkr5 for pointing that out, I was struggling to identify the different note in this version!) it is possibly even more sophisticated. Otherwise the smell is identical to the original.

Most people always think of reformulations as a terrible thing. In this case I compare it to a revision of a great car. D&G PH was great before, but the newer iteration has been refined and subtly improved to keep it at the top of it's class.

This is D&G PH Mark III, a classic I will always own and highly recommended in any formulation.

Manny44
Manny44

Really nice fragrance but man do I get awful performance. Around 90 minutes of decent projection. Surprising for a Lavender and Tobacco scent.

jacek.drewnowski
jacek.drewnowski

Can't go wrong with it, very versatile. The composition is good, but not phenomenal. Thumbs up for fantastic longevity.

cmlee22
cmlee22

my bf likes this scent however, it is very peppery for me. even made me sneeze. unfortunately, not a fan.

cmbathyal
cmbathyal

A very comforting scent. Verstatile and classy.
It has some powdery vibes or resemblances of it which works for me. It can we worn dress up or down, definitely a must have in any wardrobe.

jesseo11
jesseo11

I like wearing this from time to time. Lasts and projects pretty well for me. It is very versatile and unique from anything else I own. Kind of reminds me of baby oil though because of all the lavender.

renperd
renperd

This was my signature (sort of) back in the 90s. I've just revisited it after a hiatus of ar least eight years, and it smells the same. I intend buying a big bottle this week. It used to leave a wonderful trail back in the day. We'll see when I give it a full wearing.

Molko

@anna.dkr5, I feel chamomile also in the reformulation, but for me it's fresher and watered composition than the older version

timkal69
timkal69

Got my German version a few days ago and Well I must say it's still as sophisticated as the vintage Italian version from the 90's and because of it's sophistication and classy vibe, I personally feel it doesn't pass for a versatile everyday cologne, to me, I feel it's something I going to wear when am at least wearing a good shirt, jeans and brogue not when am in trainers and shorts. Its definitely not for the gym or lazying around at home, its way more sophisticated for that. Projection is excellent, even though am more of a Hermes fan (and we all know how complex and powerful Hermes colognes can be) this to me is more than decent, it might not be a powerhouse but it does get you there, it might not be the flashy Lamborghini Avantado that's loud and fast but it is definitely the quiet shiny Mercedes sedan that will get you there. The best part of it is the heart and dry down and its in the heart where it differs with the vintage but then it picks up on the dry down.

Would I get another bottle, yes maybe, would I advise someone to get a bottle... well if you're a collector like am trying to be then definitely you should have it in your collection, but if you're not so much into colognes and just want to have a bottle for special occasions then La Nuit D'Homme should be your best take as it costs pretty much the same.

anna.dkr5

I like it, but I was wondering if anyone smells a chamomile accord in this? It's no doubt the sweet tobacco, but does anyone notice it?

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

With a all due respects to all the opinions here, on me the re-formulated UK version is terrific. Yes, I had the made in Italy version years ago. I get 8 hrs of longevity with medium projection. This is a classic safe office scent that won't offend.

GianGG
GianGG

Dolce Gabbana pour homme(new formulation) is a pale,colorless version of the vintage. Get the vintage version(made in Italy).

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme is one of the first fragrances I've owned. It is incredibly versatile and one of the two fragrances I will reach for when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to think about my cologne; it's old reliable. Does this scent wow me and others? No, but it smells great (excellent citrus-floral-woodsy scent) and it's one of the few colognes that you'll feel comfortable wearing in any setting and at any age; from getting married to being buried...and everything in between. The projection is average (which is fine for this type of fragrance) and it lasts on my skin for 10-12 hours so I'm good from dusk 'till dawn. A must have!

Update: the more I wear the more I love this fragrance. It still doesn't Wow! me like Aventus, Tobacco Vanille, Green Irish Tweed and others...but Wow! I still haven't found an occasion this couldn't be worn nor anyone who didn't like it.

DR ROCK
DR ROCK

نت یک روح نوازی میکنه با شکوفه پرتقال
اما بعد از اونه که افت شدیدش شروع میشه
بوی تنباکو که با بوی مرکباتش یه بو شبیه صابون گلنار سبز درست میکنه
با توجه به پخش متوسطش اصلا نمی ارزه

fazilsmr

Very smooth lavender, citrus and tobacco. Lavender and tobacco stay through out the layers. Best worn for spring. Pretty solid longevity around 7 to 10 hours and strong sillage for the first 3 hours. Simple, inoffensive and sophisticated scent...

edit: On my shirts it lasts more than 5 days...

pjd1234

FOR EVERYBODYS INFO THE VINTAGE IS THE ONE MADE IN ITALY NOT GERMANY. THE MADE IN GERMANY VERSION WAS THE SECOND REFORM. THE UK VERSION P&G MADE WAS THE 3RD REFORM AND BY THE WAY THERE IS A BIG DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE UK/GERMANY TO THE VINTAGE MADE IN ITALY VERSION A BIG DIFFRENCE I MUST SAY. I HAVE BOTH VINTAGE AND UK VERSIONS AND WORE THEM, VINTAGE A DEFINITE CLASSIC, UK WATERED DOWN VERSION SIMPLY PUT MORE ALCOHOL ON THE VINTAGE THEN YOU GET UK VERSION THATS JUST MY OPINION.

Calissano
Calissano

So finally I came across this one. I had the vintage PH and now the reformulated one, and there is a big similarity, great frag. I can´t understand all the critics.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

This is a piece of shit if compared to the vintage version!!!! but alone, it´s a quite nice fragrance.

Housebliss

The "made in U.K" version: Bottle from Oct. 2nd 2013.

I thought why not, let's compare.

So....to me they smell....identical. Over time I have developed a fairly keen nose when it comes to note separation. At least I can tell if a reformulated fragrance took a turn for the better, or worse. This, to me, is the exact same fragrance I reviewed below.

When reading about this fragrance (and other reformulated fragrances), the general consensus is that the original formulation is heaven on earth, the reformulation is the worst hell imaginable to mankind. Of course there are exceptions. I know I've said the same about many fragrances, but many times it seems to be quite exaggerated.

I really can't understand why the latest version of this is said to be so terrible compared to the one made in Germany.

I think this is very well done, smells great, and everything I mentioned in the previous review applies to this version as well.

Housebliss

The "made in Germany" version: Bottle from July 26th 2011.

It starts off with a bright citrus, quite strong, but it mellows out and transitions to a herbal scent with hints of tobacco. The citrus lingers throughout.

The tonka makes it a little creamy, but it never gets too sweet. I find the tobacco in this similar to that in Volutes by Diptyque, but Volutes is far more sweeter.

It's very wearable, and works well any season. As far as I can tell it stays on my skin for at least 6 hours.

I haven't tried the vintage, or the one from 2012 and beyond. It seems like people prefer the vintage one made in Italy with the sticker on the bottle, but that the made in Germany version is almost just as good, and more than good enough if you can't find the first formulation. As for the formulation made in the U.K from 2012, it seems people don't like it at all, watered down, no tobacco etc.

I'm very satisfied with the one I have though.

Very nice.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme puts a smile on my face. It's cheerful, it's light-hearted, it's fun.

Oh, and it smells simply awesome with its perky upbeat mix of bright citruses at the top and smooth, mellow tonka/tobacco combo in the base.

This is one happy, feel-good fragrance that lasts all day. Just spray some on and you'll be singing along to Simon & Garfunkel's 'Feelin' Groovy' on the soundtrack in no time.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme is an indispensable 'Swiss Army Knife' type of scent - it works in so many different situations and seasons. Wonderful, versatile stuff, an all-time classic and an essential must-have fragrance.

djmonty
djmonty

I just wanted to share my thoughts on this......First off i had a sample of the vintage formula of this so I won a bottle of d&g for men on ebay thinking that it was the original formula but boy was I wrong.It was the new version that I dont hate but it was not what I was expecting at all.Im sure in time the new formula will grow on me but if not I will sell it or swap the bottle(a whopping 4.2 oz),This new version wreaks of citrus and tobacco heavy(tobacco tobacco tobacco!!!!)As much tobacco as a bottle of burberry london and its very linear whereas the original formulation has more of a blend and layers to it...It almost had a burnt sugary vibe to it which what I miss.All and all I will just get decant of the original formulation to get that old feeling back and keep the new one for work or casual wear if I dont swap or sell.Once again let me emphasize its not a bad scent just not what I was expecting.Do your research before you buy this one guys!!!!

vismundcygnus
vismundcygnus

It's hard to understand a fragrance while at the perfume store due to the air being polluted with every other fragrance around. I blame the sales woman for not warning me this was all about lavender.

You can tell a perfume is not clever enough if it smells the same from the opening, through the drydown and till the end of the day. Starts with heavy "soapy" lavender and it dries down to smoky lavender. My eyes felt watery and irritated for a few hours after just 1 spray on each arm (did not dare to spray it on my neck).

Not sharp enough for my taste. Some ligh-fruity top note would make the smoky scent more pleasant (melon, watermelon, pineapple), even coriander or geranium as a heart note would make a huge difference.

However, for those who can take the overwhelming lavender scent, this perfume works great on longevity and projection; as I'm writing, it's been over 12 hours and I can still smell it when I move my arms.

unmonotiti
unmonotiti

I used to wear this back when I was in junior high. I loved it and it lasted for a really long time. This new formula is nowhere near that good. The first impression is soapy. After a couple of hours the old D&G comes out, but it is a very tamed version, quieter, and it doesn't last as long. So sad.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Please review the vintage Dolce & Gabbana on its own page, this page is for the reformulation! Thanks

Lestat
Lestat

Why fix something when it's not broken ? Why re formulate it ?? Ughhh but that's ok one of my local perfume shop had the two original formula 4.2 ounce bottles.. Bought them
Both!! Original is an amazing scent !! Haven't tried the " new reformulated version "
3 sprays are enough for me . One at base of the neck and one on each side
Of the neck... And I'm good for 10 hours.. Projection is good for 7 hours .. Works well with my skin chemistry ..

daynierds
daynierds

This is an all time favorite, one I would possibly always repeat....just formal, sexy, elegant, all in one...girls love it, it is something different....I believe D&G 10 has a similar vibe to it....but buy far less charming..., check this out, it is something you will never regret, have all a good smelling day

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I remember trying out this fragrance back in the summer. I noticed that this was getting promoted in malls and whatever, so I thought I'd give it a sniff. Initially, there were some citrus notes that smelled mild, but sour. It wasn't the best opening I've smelt in a fragrance, to be honest. As it dried down, I got a sweet tobacco and lavender combination which wasn't too bad.

Just yesterday, I purchased Versace The Dreamer and as I was smelling it, I knew that I smelled something similar to it in the past. It was Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. However, Versace The Dreamer is much sweeter, floral, and better, in my opinion. Give this fragrance a try if you enjoy sweet tobacco and lavender notes.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Sexy, smoky, clean scent. I love this and used to wear it as a teen.

fresh_scents

I always try to give fragrances that I dislike a second chance. This D&G formulation is not for me. I so wanted to go to the department store facilities to wash it off my skin. Good luck if it suits your nose, but I cannot stand it. I'll stick with the bottle with the foil label that peels off.

anna.dkr5

On me, I can clearly smell sweet tobacco and chamomile. It's warm, soothing, and a bit powdery. Medium projection.
Longevity isn't that great. On my skin, it lasts about 5 hours.

iancasanova

i used it again today (UK version) & its already cold, both genders complimented me:) oh by the way it last on me",

Agungt
Agungt

This fragrance is very delightful, fresh, and quiet unique. Although many prefer to wear it during summer time, I found that it works alright during cooler season as it also gives me a warm feeling. This fragrance lasts for a good amount of time. It is not loud, but its presence is noticeable throughout the day. I love it!

SDavis93
SDavis93

I would call this 'safe' but that would not do it justice because its an amazing scent. its smells of originality. their are better fragrances but this is a must have no negatives for this one at all. you can smell each stage of this fragrance clearly, it opens with the clean, sharp, orangey citrus notes then quickly turns fresh soapy with the lavender you get the middle notes for most of the time its on your skin,also the pepper and tobacco keep it masculine until the musky dry down. this has average longevity and projection and is very versatile.overall great fragrance 7.5/10

donnie12
donnie12

i have the German version. what can i say, but Wow! I'm quite surprised on the longevity of this on my skin. the first time i sprayed this, i literally got 10+ hours on my skin. subtle and not loud.

i regret that as a newbie, i wasn't able to experience the original version of this. from the reviews, it seems that this is a watered-down version of the original. although i can't help but notice that 54 have said that this smells like the original, albeit with subtle nuances and twists.

anyway, the smell to me is an appropriate office scent. powdery and soapy, but not soft. it evokes a gentleman in a good suit who projects the image of success.

i live in a tropical country. usually, a scent is considered long-lasting if it passes the 5-hour mark. but i easily surpassed this on my first wearing. it doesn't scream out for me. but it stays and accompanies me throughout the day. once, i wanted to refresh when it suddenly announced that its still there.

the scent, as i said is soapy. i get a clean-soapy scent from this. very respectable vibe. good for a corporate-everyday frag.

for me, 3-5 sprays would do. i spray more as the D&G sprayer seems "weak". i spray on my neck, chest, arms (sometimes), and one on clothes. definitely helps in longevity.

projection/sillage is soft. you might want to spray more if you wanna be smelled by the whole room.

test it first, as the scent is not really for everyone (on topnotes). but if you give it time, i hardly see anyone disliking it.

currently hunting down a back-up bottle of this juice coz i don't wanna run out of this juice.

i wish they don't tweak the formula too much that this loses its appeal to me. definitely a keeper in my book. :)

seemon
seemon

This fragrance is appropriate for days when I don't know what to wear. Verastile, fresh and not offending. Not good and not bad.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

I have tested the reformulated fragrance(made in uk).
The opening it's like a blast of freshness,i feel like i'm in a garden full of all kind of flowers,lavand,citruses and Lily of the Valley flower.That lilly kinda reminds me of some bathroom floor cleaning solutions i used.None the less the opening it's amazing,i love it and i would love it even more if it would stay that way for more time.
It smells fresh, floral,joyful,it's a great smell.
2 hours later it's more close to the skin,the projection kinda faded and it smells clean, soapy/powdery.
Projection it's very good in the first 2 hours..
Longevity:after 2 hours it's still there,but less intense.
After 4 hours it's almost gone,i can barely sniff it.I used 2 sprays from a 2 ml sample.
I see this one good for every season,day or night,it's a casual fragrance for sure.
To be honest the fragrance itself smell amazing 10/10 but the longevity of this reformulation it's not great,after 2 hours it starts to fade quickly.For this reason only i'm still thinking if it's worth buying.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Very mixed feelings. I like it, but I wish I liked it more. Fortunately, it's pretty "safe" and repsectable. I enjoy the bergamot at the beginning, and its slight evolution to a more herbal citrus-peel scent, but in the end there are three things wrong with it. First, the base sometimes becomes a strange plasticky lemon which at first I thought was too young for me, but now doesn't bother me as much. Second, once it gets down to the basenotes, I forget that it's there because it's either not strong enough or not interesting enough, though I may just try to apply more in the future. Third, I don't know why I always see higher retail prices for it than a lot of similar-level designer brands, because it's not any better. I kept it in rotation after weeks of waffling, and bought a spray decant to back up my splash mini; I want to keep some around for summers but I refused to pay for a full bottle. Also, I don't recommend the body wash...the scent becomes slimy and medicinal in this format.

roll4fun
roll4fun

Since I've never experienced the original 1994 version, I'm evaluating this on its own stand alone merits. On the good side, this has very solid projection, and longevity (still smell on wrist 5 hrs. after test- shower time coming up.)
Bottom line is I'm not enamored by this 2012 reformulation, mainly because I get a very dominant tobacco scent on this, from start to finish. I didn't get any citrus notes- none, nada, zip. Maybe in the first hour, I got some lavender and pepper, but nothing else. I'm passing on this one.

Addendum- Followup test shows smell on wrist lasts up to 15 hours, though on - skin only. I should also mention that throughout the evolution the dominant tobacco scent is in the smooth/aromatic realm as opposed to pungent/putrid, or stale stink. Still not my thing. Make no mistake- In this D&G-PH 2012 version block party, the tobacco note is the indisputable "Belle of the Ball".

garett
garett

This is not a bad scent.It certainly seems oil based(partially due to its colour).
It has got the olive oil vibe to it, which might be off putting to some.
I like it because it has the calming effect to it.It is leafy , fresh , oily kind of scent.
It starts with what it is for 2-2.5 hours and then becomes a close to skin sexy scent.It is inoffensive ,modern but still classic.
It is incomparable to any other scent.
7 /10 from me.

Idlehands

The last bottle I owned which was the older version (not with the new cap). And it lasted for hours. Purchased this new version and it got lost on me in a couple of hours. Sad. Returned it.

fazilsmr

My friend owns this perfume. We normally hang out together and i can tell you that this perfume lasts for a very long time. I can smell the perfume when i am around him even up to 10 hours. I just dont get it as most people said this one does not last. My advice never buy from amazon and e bay as most of them are not real. You will get 2 hours the most.

comfortablynumb
comfortablynumb

not a review but i don't get it, all of you complain about longevity yet this has a very good longevity rank in the voting scale

Idlehands

Ok, I dont want to be one of those guys who complain about reformulations...But this is sad. I bought a bottle today and this just does not compare to the original. The smell is very similar though the projection and the depth of this fragrance is totally gone. I will have to be returning this sadly to say. What a disappointment! I would not suggest picking this one up anymore.

gd15329
gd15329

I have the original (D&G Dolce&Gabbana cologne) and today I test this *on my skin* as far for the smell I think I like it the same, honestly the untrained nose can not tell the difference (even for me it was difficult to tell)

BUT, after 1.5 hour it became very close to skin (almost gone) - when at the same time the original stays with you almost 24hours (literally).

Now, this one (the new) big (big) disappointment for longevity and projection (after 1.5 hour - at the beginning is ok) but I think is more "wearable" than the original especially for someone who doesn't care for heavy scents (like I do).

The original after 10-12 starts give me a headache (every time) and I must wash it off sooner (or get a painkiller), even with just one spray...

with the new one... no problem, even if already you have a headache.

[@pjd1234 did an excellent analysis]

You have the facts - the choice is yours.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

DGPH is nice, elegant, attractive, and fresh. The lavender and citrus combination is remarkable

BIG HOWEVER, the performance of DGPH (2013 reformulation made in the UK) is simply deplorable. It feels like a very watered down version of the prior formula (pre-2013).

The elegant and attractive smell I mentioned is only perceivable while you are spraying DGPH and during the first hour of wear. After that it essentially disappears (it becomes a skin scent) on me.

On projection, people simply cannot smell anything on me. I've gone as far as applying 7 sprays (2 behind ears, 1 on neck, 1 on chest, 2 on wrists, and 1 on back neck), but get no projection after 60 minutes. Translations: no opportunity for compliments. By the time I reach my destination DGPH is barely detectable.

This is a top and middle note only composition. Once the citrus top notes disappear, pretty much the rest of the notes follow. I don't' perceive any of the mentioned base notes.

The performance is so bad that I have resolved to using it as an after-shower cologne at night before going to bed for the sake of finishing up my bottle (will not purchase again).

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

I like it a lot..smells like a more refined LE MALE..know it's just the heavy lavender that is making me feel that way..it performs very well..the citrus adds the freshness LE MALE lacks..I can wear this day or night..and get all the women I want--PERIOD

pjd1234

The verdict is on I just felt very very heart broken as I m doing this review I have now have both the original made in Italy version which took me in difficulty to get I got a 4.2ounce of the original that I just received with a price and the reformulation made in UK by procter in gamble as I can honestly say now is crap compared to the original. The reformulation as I describe it the shadow or an interpretation of the original which I can say is diluted less sophisticated less class the reform is more citrusy still has the tobacco but faint still follows the same DNA as the original but is missing something SOPHISTICATION AND CLASS because it has less notes longevity is about 5-7 hrs if your lucky projection medium but it easily becomes a skin scent less potent than the original less quality of the original. The original at first spray and my first impression was astonishing at first spray all the natural smelling imean no alcohol smell of citruses then the sweet tobacco smell blending with all the notes were perfectly balanced making this manly citrus tobacco smell just perfect. I WAS IN TEARS cause of frustration and disspointment on why i mean why did D&G change or reformulate this timeless classic scent and to the fact that this is the only d&g fragrance that really stands out are they going on guccis direction?. The original is full bottle worthy indeed i am very very proud to have tested and owned a brandnew original D&G POUR HOMME the hype is granted indeed the scouting and for i had paid for it is deserving this will be definitely in my wardrobe fragrance museum with my YSL M7, GUCCI POUR HOMME 1 as for D&G YOU SUCK HOW DARE YOU REFORMULATE A TIMELESS CLASSIC to fool people thinking they getting thesame juice but not shameful not even close if you want to reformulate atleast do it better than the original if not dont even bother as a fragrance enthuist its very dissapointing as for me i will definitely shy way from this brand from now on unless something really mind blowing comes up which i truly doubt THE ORIGINAL IS NO DOUBT A TIMELESS MASTERPIECE and its a shame that few will truly enjoy it in the near future.
my rate of the original
longevity 7-9 hours on my skin preety solid 8/10
sillage not a monster but solid and strong for about 5 hours the settles down still noticable on contact 8/10
uniqueness 10/10 truly unique indeed i really love this scent
overall smell no brainer here 10/10 from top to buttom timeless.
price vs quality i will rate this at its original retail price at around 80usd 10/10 totally worth owning.

my rate of reformulation uk made procter and gamble
longevity 5-7 hours on the third hour or so mostly skin scent this i tested on 3 heavy sprays. 6/10
sillage not a moster ill rate this moderate still projects but not a long time 6/10
uniqueness 8/10 i still find it invigorating when i first smelled it but when i sniff the original my goodness the original blew me away.
overall smell 7/10 ill still give it a decent 7/10 it is still good though just not that sophisticated i feel that it was missing that punch that the original has.
price vs quality 7/10 its not totally worth it anymore in my opinion but go online for 50-60 usd you can find 125ml of the reformulation.

my final verdict it is really such a shame that in the near future a lot of people wont experience the original D&G pour homme as most the once that are available now are the uk made reforms which is just a shadow of its former self :(

Bbjr

I have a bottle of the original stuff and the new stuff from Germany. NO comparison, at least to my nose. The original is one of the best mens colognes EVER. The new stuff is a sour mess that lasts a tenth of the time of the original. I can't believe D&G thinks they've reintroduced a classic. This is an insult to the original. I will make this bottle I have last forever.

1938EmGee
1938EmGee

I've had this one for a few months but have not worn it much. Two days ago, for a change of pace, I decided to give it a whirl and I'm glad I did.

First, my sympathy to those who feel betrayed by the reformulation. I feel your pain. Seems like every time you find something that you really like, someone goes and changes things up on you.

That aside, I really do think this is a beauty of a scent, versatile enough for just about any occasion. The strong lavender note, present from start to finish on my skin, strikes me as just a little formal. I think it is a great scent for the office, for dressy occasions or for a night on the town. I don't think it quite works as a "sport scent" so it probably wouldn't be your choice for a golf outing. Nevertheless, it is very versatile and I could easily see this one becoming a signature scent.

I think it is a great frag, from start to finish. I get a little citrus from this in the opening but what I smell predominantly is the lavender and the pepper. At some point -- again, I think it must be the lavender and the pepper interacting -- I get a hint of anise. Only toward the end -- about a full eight or nine hours out -- do I get a little cedar. My nose isn't as discerning as most of those here but I never really get a tobacco smell from this one. Tonka beans -- I have no idea what those smell like :-).

Anyway, I give this one a strong 8 out of 10 -- good sillage, decent longevity and a nice dry down. A class act, for sure!

rafiqi
rafiqi

Bought last week. I do enjoy the smell. Clean, bit sexy and floral finish. This would be suitable to office but i do have problem with longevity. .. 6 hours

renzo77

I have it and I like the intensity of perfume scent its modern youth is above declaration cartier, armani, lacoste, bvlgari and all those things that do not smell anything.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

Got this as a gift. I am suspected, how weak this is in terms of projection and sillage. Very light and gets faded like this. Aroma is good, but the terrible factor is projection and staying power....

renzo77

almost bought it but not strong be my next purchase Dolce & Gabbana perfumes are good this is better than the one and the one people all those people who says has short duration and projection should be about 8 applications will see even force ahh this is not trite at all.
elegant perfume not for childs

xhost
xhost

@dgres - I couldn't agree more. Apparently Procter&Gamble's thought process was, let's make this thing cheaper to manufacture, but keep the bottle/box and especially the price intact, and let's sell those people some donuts. We did a bit of "fine tuning". As far as fine tuning goes, I would have made an intense version of D&G The One, which really has performance issues, instead of ruining this amazing juice. Anyhow, the big fishes eat the small fishes nowadays and it's all about the money.

dgres
dgres

Oh Domenico & Stefano...this re-edition has nothing to do with maturity (as Stefano states). This pales in comparison to the original. This does not deserve the beautiful blue velvet box or even the same bottle shape which might I say, has lent me only hardship in my attempts to acquire the original...the better one.

The original is classic, timeless, sexy and wonderful. I'm all for reinvention and new things, but not when you have something excellent. This is all powder and is nothing like the original. When my husband wears the original, I am hoodwinked every time. I never tire of that scent and I am greatly disappointed by the "mature" version...that smells like baby powder...(thinking)...what's the thought process there...?

blackkitty87
blackkitty87

I like the citrus-y opening, but then it rapidly resembles to a lavender-scented fabric softener with a hint of pepper in it... Reminds me a little of clean laundry, definitely not what I expected from the sexy Dolce&Gabbana ad! In the dry-down this feeling disappears, as tobacco slowly makes his way toward the lavender haze.

For me, this is a perfume appropriate for daytime, more suitable for young men (20-40 y.o.). It could work also on women, although I don't like male perfumes on myself.
Not bad, but not my kind.

diazzegaf
diazzegaf

Made in Italy is much more long lasting the smell compare to made in Germany. I used to have it made in Italy, the smell was fantastic & long lasting. why the D&G PH, Germany made the longevity is poor? get back with old version!!

Bbjr

I'm in Ulta today and I see the tester for this and I notice it has the label on it. Hmmm, I look at the bottom of the bottle and SH@!@, it's made in Italy.The original stuff! They had nothing else left and they wouldn't sell me the 1/2 full tester. Damn

iancasanova

ok i sniff my bottle, and i was like 'my god it smells so damn good!!! the citrus is less potent now for my nose, and it smells like imagine a lady falling on her knees when the wind carries your scent through her nose, too bad it doesnt project on my skin neither last" but on others it does"

adi1
adi1

Nice one, love it. Good around the office...

eravi
eravi

I tried this perfume thanks to a tester I had at home.
When I sprayed on my wrist the smell was very intensive and I could recognize the typical scent of citruses.
After a bit of time, the lavender came out spreading its scent in a discrete way. There still were some acidic notes of lemon.
Then the lavender became warmer and softer... it smelled like a lavender soap, I could really feel the scent of soap.
After some hours the lavender became sweeter, as it was mixed with milk (or vanilla?).
Even if I washed my hands more times, the fragrance still could be felt in a short radius.

jude1321
jude1321

A legendary titan...in my top 10. Very sexy and timeless...this juice lasts and lasts. Reminds me of Platinum Egoiste in that it can be worn anytime anywhere in my opinion. Way way better than The One...and easily D&G's best. Absolutely love this stuff. As modern feeling today as it was when it came out, and not watered down like so many are today. Highly recommended.

xVal

What was in the past , stays there.
I don't really care how the first one smells, but I know that I like this one.
And I know that this one smells alot better than many other fragrances out there, that have been launched since 2000.
The packaging really resembles the scent, smooth and sexy.

Gault
Gault

Its more like a baby shampoo nowadays, summer scent. The UK version still smells nice, not a total disaster, just not the same anymore.
I would still buy it if the performance wasnt that bad compared to the previous one, or for half the price it costs. So be prepared for an average aquatic longevity, around 5 hours and moderate sillage(and this comes from a skin that holds The One for 6-8 hours easily).

iancasanova

it could be my signature scent but it doesn't match my skin chemistry, when i purchased this, me and my friend sprayed it immediately and its obviously lasted & projects excellent on him! opens up a masculine citrusy with a bit touch of floral, at the middle the citrus is slightly fading and turns into a lightly powdery sweet, at the end it smells like a slighty powdered baby but still masculine maybe because of the slight hint of tobacco,, i must say the best d&g scent for men if you want to smell like a real man without smelling like an old man, i must say imagine a well groomed, physically fit and & a professional man at the age of 25-40" it smells like 50% classic 50% modern.. fresh and warm at the same time" very versatile and you won't offend anyone:)

camposg

Very dissapointed in this reformulation. I had the original and that stuff was legendary. This new juice has bad performance and all around is unpurchasable for me again.

Idlehands

This stuff is pure class. Its flamboyant, powdery and sexy. I love this stuff. I dont care if this was from the mid 90's or not...Its timeless and better than a lot of juices put out today. Smells clean but with a hint of mystery. You just want to be close to this scent. Last a long time and projects well. A compliment getter in my opinion.

vitilsky
vitilsky

It is not what I would call "sexy". More like pleasant home smell. That's what too much lavender does, makes it "cozy".

I like it, not bad.

fazilsmr

This one smells very good. Projection and longevity are great.Not as strong as the old version but it does its job very well. You will get many compliments. I just disagree with those who said dolce gabbana ruined the product. This is a good juice...

xVal

I love this fragrance on my boyfriend!
It's really fresh,clean, and has a soft sweetness to it.
Staying power is decent, but that's pretty much what you need for a sunny day.
10/10.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I am totally unimpressed. Goes on with a nice citrus smell but it's very weak. An hour later I can barely detect a slight spicy scent. No tobacco. Not much of an olfactory impression at all.

"Safe for work?" I should say so. I half expect corporations to hand this stuff out to employees.

Rosey167
Rosey167

This... my dear friends... is DANGEROUS!!!!! it is HOT and super sexy!!!!! Jeezzz!!!!! whenever I smell it I melttt!!! YES MELT!!! wear it very lightly in the day (1 spritz is more than enough) and heavier in the evening... for me its like a magnet!!!!!!

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

This fragrance reminds me of the old version EDT which brings memories of my college days, attending frat parties and staying out until 6am...I have never smelled anything comparable to it. It's unique, energetic, and enticing.. It is also loud but peculiar to the point of being odd or strange in my opinion. Perhaps, its the bergamot, lavender, and tobacco blend that makes it stand out. There isn't another fragrance that I can identify that is even a close resemblance. I would have to say that this fragrance is versatile but should be worn in the spring and summer. With that said, it is a must have in every connoisseurs collection.

gianmarco
gianmarco

You can't bring the 1994 top of the charts men's cologne out today and expect it to sell, cologne has come to another level and this new one is great, not overpowering like the old. Nevertheless, I loved the 1994 creation but its to tacky to wear, this new one is just right

anna.dkr5

I've found an old sample of this, and have it on my hand right now. I'm pretty sure this is the original formulation. I clearly detect the lavender, the tobacco, and a chamomile-like scent. It's sweet and pleasant, but I've read that the new formulation isn't as good. Too bad because I've only got about 5 ml of this, and I've only discovered it now going through some of my old boxes. I'm a woman, but I think I would wear it.

Fernando javier
Fernando javier

I got the image of the deodorant Colbert U S. ..very simple by be D&G.

asheble93
asheble93

Few fragrances embody beauty, and this is one of those few. It is delicately tender, yet masculine; soft and elegant. The lavender and citrus mix with the pepper; and finally dries down to elevate the cedar.
Sillage and projection, on myself, is one of the best I have encountered. Lasting for six hours and maintaining a steady projection.
6.75/10

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I ordered the original pictured version of this on overstock.com and got the reformulated new edition. I still like this stuff alot. It isn't as strong and as much of a powerful scent as the original but I think they toned it down on purpose rather than just being cheap with the oils. It smells very similar to the original, with tweaks here and there. I am not dissapointed THAT MUCH that I got this version, even though I was expecting to get what I ordered. The sillage on this is strong for the first half hour or so and then tones down quite a bit. The longevity is good but not outstanding to me. Overall it's an 8/10 fragrance. I am considering it to be my signature because it's very pleasant to smell with a very citrusy/clean yet dirty aroma, and as long as I dont try and make up for the lack in power that the first had and over-apply it, it won't offend anyone. I should also add that even though it's a fresh scent, it can be cloying so it's more of a cooler summer/spring/fall scent. If you wear it in hot weather, only use a little bit. It would be good for warm summer nights.

Dferdy
Dferdy

The made in UK version is definitely more subtle, but is not as bad as people say here!

pipernigrum
pipernigrum

The smell of this version is much better than the original what i love! But, the longevity and projection is far below than the average. Sad thing! Dolce & Gabbana must create a parfume version from it thus it could be much better and maybe it could be one of my signature scents.

the scent of life
the scent of life

I didn't have a chance to smell the original bersion but this fragrance is very good. My boyfriend loves it and i believe is very suitable for a young man. Fresh but also fruity ( i smell bergamot and orange) but also kind of spicy, i can feel the tobacco but it is very subtle.

There is a kind of Italian feeling in it, not sure how to describe it, but when i smell it i am instatly brought back in south italy surrounded by super young and fit men at the beach.

I believe this fragrance is very versatile and i think every man would like it! :D

Senzadite
Senzadite

ojoojoojoowhooooow this is a VERY VERY BAD REFORMULATION!!! how?! oh my! im glad i have a bottle of the old one.

badkarma
badkarma

I am not here to compare this fragrance with the masterpiece that the original was. This fragrance is light, and you may need to spray a few times during the day because the longevity of this version on my skin is 5 hours. A sharp cloud for the first hour, after which it turns into a skin scent in a matter of minutes. This is where it stays through the next couple of hours before the base notes take over, which you will need a lot of coffee beans to be able to detect. Overall, not a bad fragrance by any means but if they must destroy a masterpiece this way, they should charge half the price for it. R.I.P. Does anybody know if the light blue version has been reformulated as well? I remember liking that fragrance when I was in college.

p...
p...

This is a fragrance that every man should have. It's a classic and worth the purchase.

empowered82
empowered82

I had the original years ago, loved it. Bought the reformulated version and guess what...LOVE it! This smells AMAZING!

spoombung
spoombung

Blimey this is terrible. Totally ruined. What have they done to it? It's now a hard-nosed, brutal citrus... like some sort of industrial cleaning product. Absolutely revolting.

vk_tremor
vk_tremor

damn i`m so angry on reformulation,f..k you D&G :(

RobbieX
RobbieX

Very powerful and unique fragrance. You can't mistake this for anything else in my opinion. It's very good with great sillage and staying power.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Is this suppose to be the same inside as the original D&G formulation? I thought this one is a little bit more spicier, perhaps peppery smell?
While the original is sweeter, I prefer sweeter one

I will have to see the 2012 pour homme, if it's better than the pour homme, I will throw mine away

I had a thought that no formula can be created precisely like the original one, worse even if the master crafter died

Enjoy!

kuba
kuba

i had a good time with this masterpiece,now that i dont have it i feel like thinking about missing something very special.give it sometime and you definately going to even want to drink it as it is so sweeeet but not artificial one.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried the original formulation in 1998 and it was smelling lighter than new forml. and better no doubt! i have new formulation D&G pour homme and i dont like it,oneday my girl friend said me"i wanna say to u something but dont angry of me,pls change ur perfume " ,i dont ever use it again..

nush imogen
nush imogen

Definitely not very masculine, it's almost unisex actually. Smells fresh and citrusy, little boring but ok, many scents for men are too strong and make my nose itch, this one doesn't. 5 out of 10.

balou
balou

I never tried the original formula, but what I tried recently smells like a middle-aged woman's perfume: too powdery, too floral and not at all masculine.

fresh_scents

Yuck! That is my take on this particular version/formulation. I like the original and the other scent flavors of D&G do not appeal to me.

stievenko
stievenko

Never had the chance to test the preformulated version but the 2012-formula defenitely drives me nuts (in a good way)!

I usually dislike fresh, sharp citrussy fragrances so I had to convince myself to go and try this but boy was I wrong after a few minutes it transforms to a gentle, classy scent and I do get the tabacco notes.
After 1,5 hours I can still smell it and I hope it lasts untill my PM-shift is finished that would defenitely convince me this is a grabber!
Nevertheless the scent is A+

Hope it lasts *fingers crossed*

*update*

So eventually I managed to smell it on myself untill about 8-9pm and since I applied it at 12.30 that would give it a pretty long longevity. Only downside is that it lacks some projection after 3 hours most people wouldn't notice it anymore but you. This makes it ideal for cuddling and also formal wear to the office.

Overall a very pleasant smell which I now added to my wish-list. It's not that spectacular but it gives me a very sensual feeling. Like I could eat myself. Ladies seem to like it as well! CHECK!! :-)

Nicole79
Nicole79

D&G..the diluated one...watery, more citrus, less tabacco, less staying power...just inferior to the Original..what a pitty!!!;(

ION
ION

"Dolce & Gabbana"?
Hmm... I always thought this is a more clever than good male perfume (unisex I wouldn't agree, it was such a massive hit, I can't think of a girl wearing it effectively today).
It is a citrus and herbal smell in the path of "Eau Sauvage", always fresh and attractive, a bit linear but "who cares"!
Not my cup of tea, but I have to agree that it justified its mediterranean, young and cosmopolitan frame very well.
Its big success came from the fact it was the right product, the right moment.
Dolce & Gabbana, should thank "correct timing" even more than their hard work for their over the top popularity, I think.

PS. I don't find today's version inferior to the original one. Undoubtedly modernised, but, cleverly done. Yes, again. :-)

InsertName
InsertName

I have this 2012 version that is Made In UK.

It's fresh, herbal, floral with hint of citrus. Base doesn't standout very well but in to my nose it's slightly masculine with some pepper and maybe tiny bit of tobacco.

It's well balanced and quite different than average fragrance for men. It smells classy and polished. It's leaning more in the suit and tie direction than jeans and t-shirt.

Is it unisex? In my opinion it's very close to unisex. It has some masculine qualities but not much. If you are looking for something clearly masculine this might not be for you.

-Projection: First hour strong projection after that it's good to average. It keeps some projection quite well up to 8-10 hours. This fragrance will leave some silage.
-Longevity: 10-12 hours.
-Seasons: All seasons, day and night. Good for winter days and likely it will do well in summer nights.
-Occasions: Good choice for formal occasions but can be used casually.
-Age group: I would say 30 years old and above.
-Sprays: 2-3 sprays should do it.
-Value for money: It has good value if you like the scent.

-Buy/Try/Pass: Try but don't buy without testing.

Molko

Definitely unisex, I used the original version so many times, everybody liked it on me:)

Linden

Ok, It's not as bad as I feared... Definitely smoother-softer citrus; a tad less soapy than the previous formula, and the subtle hint of sweet tobacco was restored. All in all, I prefer this reformulation to the previous, to my own amazement! Definitely closer to the original IMO, Yes, the projection isn't that great, but it didn't get worse, unless compared to the '90s Italian production of course.

le peeU
le peeU

I strongly believe it can be used unisex. Nice scent but nothing too impressive.

Molko

It's similar chamomile smell like the original, but at first I feel it more fresher, not too deep/heavy and I don't get a headache:) But this new version not lasts as long...

renzo
renzo

even the previous reformulation was better !! Tried it this week, what a disappointement :-((

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

I would NEVER buy the new reformulation! Bad longevity and not the same ingrediends, why would I buy this?

Aegis
Aegis

i just save my last 10 ml of the old formula,
the problem is that the common nose cannot feel the difference beetween this perfume and every other perfume, let alone an old formulation.

So i bet the average joe is still buying it.

cassio
cassio

I wonder if the Perfume Industry or the designers look at these reviews.
Does anybody knows?

emmanuel.santana
emmanuel.santana

Has anyone smelled the new reformulation (which should be back to the original) yet from the new bottle with the new cap???????

Ouch!
Ouch!

Oh dear...I bought this by mistake thinking it was the old formulation. Such a huge mistake.

This literally lasts about 30 mins on me before I have to sniff my wrist hard! I have re-applied 3 times onto my wrist and it keeps happening..POOF..GONE!

While the old forumation was a monster and lasted all day..this is about 1 twentieth of the strength ans seems much more herbal.

Absolutley ruined for me..one of the classics has been lost.

What are you doing D&G??? Sort it out!

orestes
orestes

Refolmulation from germany? Congratulation! The death of historical fragrance just began.....

camposg

Why reformulate something so special? Something that is still a top seller. That goes to show it's an excuse when fragrance houses try to justify bad sales to cut cost. It's all bullshit. We the little guys will never know. It's their secret. It pisses me off

suhaesa
suhaesa

i fell in love with this fragrance when it first came out .it was utterly sexy and masculine yet not over powering ..it takes you to other levels ..it was simply beautiful, elegant,and unforgetablle it will always linger in my memory as the sent of pure love and passion..i simply hope that the new one will still smell the same so we can reminese....

rating 4.5 out of 5

Endymion
Endymion

The original cap looked better, this is just lame, sorry :P

Charles
Charles

Some new details:

"The original Pour Femme came out 20 years ago. Now recreated, in gorgeous crimson velvet packaging with the gold embossed Dolce & Gabbana logo, the fragrance launches in Harrods, 22 July and nationwide, 22 August. And for men, Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme fragrance is being relaunched at the same time!"

From Harrods site:
Top notes: neroli, bergamot, mandarin
Middle notes: lavender, sage, pepper
Base notes: sandalwood, tobacco, Tonka bean

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

I can't believe there's only 3 reviews on this??? and 7 votes????

Oh, I wish i could hit the "Like" (almost love) button 100x!

-Mr. Almond-

rabidrabbit
rabidrabbit

The current formulation is a faint shadow of its former self. I can only hope that it is returned to the former glory of what it once was, and if it does I will surely stock up.

Linden

Hmmmm the bottle pictured here doesn't look any different from the current formulation ??

Edit: Found an actual pic of the men's new bottle:

perfumemaster.org/Latest-Fragrance-News/Dolce-Gabbana-New-Pour-Femme-And-Pour-Homme-For-2012

I'm really curious about this one, needless to say, I'm dyin to try it, and the wait is getting the better of me haha but... recently bought a backup of the current scent, never know, already had one poor reformulation... but keepin my fingers crossed!

ericrico
ericrico

I am curious to try this. As a lover of fragrance and having Original Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme since it first came out in the mid-90's (and it has never been out of my collection)...I am waiting, patiently and with some hope & optimism base upon what is written.

The latest formulation (Made in Germany) with the blue cap was laden with bright citrus and musk replaced the gorgeous tobacco flower & leaf note that made the Original (Made in Italy) juice so brilliant! I like it, but it paled in comparison to the Original formulation.

Taken directly from the PR release above: “It’s not so much a reedition as it is a fine-tuning,” said Gabbana to wwd magazine. “We altered the bottles a bit.…There has been an evolution [of the brand] since the Nineties, Domenico and I were much younger then — we’ve really matured a lot.”

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme reedition is of aromatic, dry and floral character and opens with notes of tangerine, bergamot and neroli. The heart consists of lavender, sage and pepper and the base includes tobacco, cedar and tonka accords."

Sounds nearly like an apology for what was given to us in the last reformulation. Tobacco listed directly as the first base note! It was officially taken off their website, tester bottles and scent pyramids for the current blue-cap, Made in Germany juice. I was layering Original juice with the reformulation to get the blend I liked. Again, the reformulated German juice is not bad, but not nearly as rich as the Original. By layering the two together, one could get an exceptional wearing with more citrus and still the rich base of the Original - which always had a nice, warm deep aroma. It became the norm to balance the two according to mood, weather, occasion, etc. But, rarely did I ever wear just one formulation and not have at least a couple sprays of the other.

We shall see...next month (July 2012), it will be out. Not sitting on the edge of my seat, but curious. If they truly come back to their roots, then the hunt for Vintage Italian bottles with the silver sticker labels will be for collectors only (and purists - which I tend to be)...cheers.

Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce&Gabbana 4.04 out of 5 based on 564 ratings and 119 user reviews

Boots.com
Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray New Version 125ml 4.2oz
Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 2.5oz
Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme Coffret New Version Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz After Shave Balm 50ml 1.6oz Shower Gel 50ml 1.6oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.