Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso Dolce&Gabbana for men

Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso  Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

herbal
Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso  Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso  Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso  Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso  Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso  Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso is a new, refined edition of the Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme from 2012. It launches in winter 2014.

Dolce & Gabbana Intenso is an aromatic woody fragrance that exudes elegance representing a contrast between clean, fresh and rich, warm aromas. Announced as the scent of pure instinct and emotion that is express freely; the fragrance is the force of a determined man, with a heart that is rooted in tradition, yet revels in the modern world.

The composition opens with fresh aquatic notes and green nuances of basil and lavender. The new chord in the world of fragrance Moepel wood from South Africa makes the heart with its luxurious floral, balsamic and honey accents. Tobacco is deepened by dry notes of hay absolute and bran. The intensity and strength of the composition come from the base of labdanum, sandalwood and cypress.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Colin Farrell. The fragrance comes in a brown bottle of the original form as 40, 75 and 125 ml Eau de Parfum.

Water Notes Basil Lavender Geranium Marigold

Tobacco Hay Moepel accord Bran Clary Sage

Labdanum Sandalwood Cypress Musk Amber

Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme
D&G

Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso Fragrance Reviews

Dark-X
Dark-X

Intenso is a poor name for it, as it doesn't reflect the smell at all.

The smell itself is weird. It's rich & aromatic?!

I can't really categorize it, but it smells like rich old people.

I tried it for the tobacco (Herrera for men & Burberry London are an all-time favorites of mine) & Colin Farrell but I'm disappointed.

This weird fragrance is a strictly winter fragrance.

Bkkorn
Bkkorn

Not bad, but nothing to brag about or call it INTENSE.

It's a good fall, winter indoor night scent. Somewhat inoffensive so you can wear this to work or special events. It's warm, clean, sophisticated, masculine and has an crisp "outdoorsy" feel. Think of a outdoor fall evening at dusk, with a crisp subtle breeze in the air. Not very strong at all, but I like that so you don't overpower everyone's noses around you.

This is NOT a club scent, nor a upbeat party scent. There's nothing sweet or exciting in this. This is a casual, warm, laid back "I'm having a few drinks by the fireplace in a dark atmosphere, I want to smell clean, warm and inviting...but a hint of sophistication" kinda vibe.

I get great longevity with this, about a full 7-8 hours on my skin.

This is my casual fall and winter scent.

JF Dufour

protosv : great and accurate review.

remy.cullen.5
remy.cullen.5

It breaks my heart that Intenso smells just like soap on me, but on my girlfriend it is heavenly. Spicy, yet refreshing. Simply great!
Too bad that is smells like lavander Dove soap on me.

protosv
protosv

Not sure what all the complaining is about on this one. It's absolutely fabulous, a slightly more mature and "serious" version of the original. I own FBs of both Intenso and the original Italian formulation of the EdT.

The EDT is, I think, with more prominent lavendar, basil, clearly detectable geranium, giving it an overall louder and brighter tone than Intenso. By contrast, Intenso has a darker, more serious vibe with more pronounced tobacco and a definite moepel (hay-like) accord, but is by no means heavy, or even tobacco-centric for that matter. The bright airy lavendar that is the signature note of the original EDT is still the dominant note in Intenso in the opening and mid, and is still present through the drydown. Intenso is also more complex and multi-layered than the EDT. The EDT is just bright clean linear sunshine for 8-10 hours on me, while this one starts almost identical to the EDT, but darkens slightly after about 1-2 hours, with emergence of tobacco and hay.

Both scents smell "positive" (I think we all associate emotions with scents, without always realizing it), but if the EDT is a beaming ear-to-ear smile with a big hearty laugh, this one is more reserved, a warm smile with a twinkle of the eyes from someone with a bit more life experience, but still with plenty of youthful energy left.

It develops in clear phases on me, which is unusual for a designer scent, a sign of high quality. In the far drydown on me (also 8-10 hours later, so longevity is NOT an issue on this one) I can also clearly sense a dark, modern sweet amber and musk note which gives a more mature impression, without being "grandpa". The ingredients here are phenomenally well-blended, and everything is clearly defined in each phase, yet harmonizes with neighboring notes. It flows from one phase to the next seamlessly, without clumsiness, or rapid drop-off of a particular phase; the top notes don't disappear in 5 minutes only to leave a dry-down, and there actually a mid to this one, which again, is often missed in designer scents.

Like I said, longevity on me is 8-10 hours, and my skin usually drinks up fragrance, leaving nothing left. Not sure what people were complaining about with poor longevity. What I did find is that the initial sprays fron the bottle did not last as long as when the bottle had a little air in it, so perhaps this bottle needs to "breathe" a bit before the longevity picks up, a feature seen with some other fragrances as well. Projection is also perfect. Definitely detectable at a distance of 1 meter, but definitely won't fill a room or choke people out. This, in my opinion, is what projection *should* be. While we love fragrance, not everyone does, and you don't want to be smelled before you walk into the room, or be labeled as "that guy", but you definitely want to be detected at a normal distance, about 3 feet. I wear fragrance for myself primarily, but complements are always nice too.

As such, it's a great office/work scent for a man between 30-50yrs. This is never cloying or heavy, even in summer heat, and always gives an impression of cleanliness and freshness, even as it darkens over time (because it never loses that initial lavendar entirely). If you're younger, go for the EDT as it's brighter and louder, but still eminently distinguished, head and shoulders above the standard "young guy" scents of today like Invictus, 1 million, etc. If you're between this one and the EDT that is for sale today (made in UK), and in the right age category, I would go for this one as an all-rounder scent, which can be worn any time of the year (the darker notes make it suitable for fall, and possibly even winter). By contrast the EDT is strictly a spring/summer scent for me, is linear, and won't last as long as this one (UK version, the Italian formula goes for 10+ hours). I may get hate for this, but I think this is a very high quality release from D&G, and am proud to use this one more frequently to conserve my precious Italian EDT!

JF Dufour

I realy don't understand. This fragrance smells very nice. The longevity and the sillage (on my skin) are very good. It is even above average. I spray Intenso this morning at 7 o'clock and i steel cleary feel the scent (5 PM).

nlimgc
nlimgc

I like how it smells within 1-2 hours. Dark, grape, spicy. Everytime I wear this surely people around me feel irritated. I'm from Malaysia. Probably due to the weather here people feel irritated with it. This is why I didn't use this anymore. I still have 90% full for 125ML.

After 2 hours, it turns like fat people sweat on me. Even though it smells good for me on its bottle cap with the dry down notes, it just don't work on me.

Sillage: 6/10
Irritation for people around me: 8/10

Kinggeebee
Kinggeebee

I remember a man wearing the original d&g a couple of years back, and smelling him in an open area from about 10 m away. I felt sorry for the man. He seemed desperate... It did smell nice, but someone wearing beast mode fragrances seem to "need" it in terms of self confidence or the lack there off...

This stuff however, being more subtle in the projection stakes and smelling just as good as the original... man I tell you, great!

With most of my winter frags being sweet/gourmand types, this is a refreshing change of pace. The little bit of sweetness (really very slight) is only detectable 10 hours down the line.

It open with a fresh, balsamic soapy (I love me some soapies) accord, lavender mixed with the tobacco. Then, when it dries down the sandalwood, musk and amber soften the whole experience. The hay manifests itself almost the same as vetiver on my skin. Then the sweetness from the amber manifests. Like I mentioned, not gourmandish at all.

In all it gets me through a work day with mild projection. Perfect for me, as I don't need projection...

On the nomenclature for this fragrance, which seems to stump a lot of us... I feel that "intenso" is an apt name for this because it is not only the projection and longevity that can be measured in intensity...

If you need something clean, warm and sensual for the colder months, have a look at this.

Enjoy!

NZFH
NZFH

I randomly sampled this at the same time as Bottega Veneta Pour Homme. I currently have both drying down on each wrist. And coincidentally, they are very similar indeed - almost could be brother fragrances from the same house?

Both possess that sweet medicinal syrupy quality. BVPH is darker/deeper, Intenso is brighter/lighter. I am suspicious of the longevity and projection of both - they seem to suffer the same issues, in this regard.

Overall, I think BVPH edges out Intenso, but it's a close run thing. I could happily add both to my collection.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Intenso Dolce & Gabbana

Top Notes: Aquatic Water Notes Basil Lavender Geranium Marigold

Middle Notes: Tobacco Hay Moepel Bran Clary Sage

Base Notes: Labdanum Sandalwood Cypress Musk Amber

This stuff is everywhere just like Invictus by Paco Rabanne. Good thing I love to smell it on guys. This aromatic smoky tobacco is classically masculine and it hit my nose with a bang. It's a total aphrodisiac sort of scent. It's got an unusual composition. Besides the dominant tobacco, there are two notes which are rarely used in fragrances, namely the moepel and the bran. These are spices and herbs. Perhaps they are not as well known as the basil, but they are very spicy, aromatic, and even Oriental. I would go as far as to say that this is a man's Oriental fragrance. There was something like incense. God does this smell good. It's a powerful and strongly masculine scent that announces itself everywhere it goes. I can smell this on George Clooney. This does tend to smell like it would be better on a mature man but essentially it should smell good on any guy of any age group. If you like smoky dark woodsy aromatic spicy tobacco scents this is for you. There are some floral notes but I couldn't find them! Where? Marigold seriously? This is bigger on lavender and tobacco. It is also a very powerful cypress scent. The cypress took over at the dry down and it's bliss. The cologne has great longevity and sillage and can be smelt from across a room. For the man who means business and who has his life together and who gets what he wants. I must be crazy because besides liking the man wearing this I also want the cologne LOL Love it.

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

such a shame the label "EDP" gets thrown around carelessy by perfume houses nowadays. all i can say.

I was browsing fragrances online and I came across this and it's advertised as "125ml, EDP" I swear then i shook my head in disbelief. REALLY!!!! "this is the one I sampled". I asked myself.

look am not bashing or anything, all I want is one simply expects a perfume to last to some extent especially when it's in EDP concentration. So much for dedication and honesty this industry's integrity has gone down the drain. Shame.

mar1noo
mar1noo

this smells like original D&G pour homme, but more masculine . good scent but it lasts only 3-4 hours just like every dolce fragrance for me

scent 9/10

Mmmmmmm JUST LOVELY

Wizology
Wizology

(sample)
Tested a sample of D&G Intenso today. I can't pick out all the notes - I do get Basil, Lavender, Tobacco and Musk, and I'm sure the one element is Labdanum - but I love the sum of the parts. Masculine and rather sensuous (for a men's fragrance) and very suave.

I think it sits close to the skin, but yet I find it waxing and waning from time to time - and from past experience with other fragrances - just because one does not smell a fragrance on oneself, does not mean others can't smell it. And having said that, fragrances that you can't smell on yourself but others do, is usually well suited for your body chemistry.

In my opinion it's a fragrance for autumn and well suited for night time wear.

Sillage : 6/10
Longevity : 7/10
Overall : 7/10

Will revisit but can definitely see myself adding this to my collection. Will also update review and longevity later (currently 4 hours and counting).

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

The hay note is strong in this one, I love the combination of lavender, tobacco and hay!

It easily reminds me of Dior's Sauvage, very nice though not great. A great wonderful soap and clean smell.

So awesome for casual events but also a possible option for fancy events.

Niche and high-end collectors might overlook this but if you want something simple with a good life and projection then this will do for everyday activities.

Very few scents out there with hay as the main note, this does a great job of putting it in the spotlight and mixing it up with the tobacco and lavender.

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

Initially when I tried Dolce & Gabbana Intenso, I was like...why bother? Was I expecting a more concentrated version of the original Made in Italy formula? Probably. But to be honest, though I admired the original, I eventually sold it because there was something too bitter-orange peel about it.

This Intenso, which sounds like a goofy comic book villain, is actually a more refined, smoother version of what I originally admired from the first. There's also an earthier, more resinous, reined-in spice. Plus, it's now EDP, which I have yet to discover if that really means anything. But either way, I really like this designer frag and I'm sure I'll be wearing it, not merely admiring it from afar.

Smellinggreat
Smellinggreat

I bought this perfume on ebay from an individual and upon opening the package, I immediately knew that it was a fake. The whole presentation was cheap and the bottle had many scratches. The bottom oval sticker had no printing on it. I took one sniff of the content and it was really foul. Within 10 to 15 minutes, I developed a headache and I felt quite sick. I have filed a return request and I believe I will get a full refund. The reason I'm posting a review here is to warn readers to be careful as I have read that there are many fakes of this fragrance out there.

Unfortunately, the same seller also sold a similar item to another unsuspecting buyer who was conned and gave the seller a positive feedback. I wanted to contact the buyer but ebay doesn't facilitate that anymore. I really feel sorry for the buyer.

Be careful.

Guinea54
Guinea54

I think people are giving this one way too much hate. This is a great smelling fragrance. Its masculine, its clean, its got a little sweet and spice. It isn't a big change from the original pour homme... But its still a nice smelling fragrance that I enjoy a lot and has gotten me compliments already. Love the smell of the DG pour homme DNA.. Everyone is raving about the one EDP.. yet that to me is a fail... I would buy a bottle of this for sure. I wish it was stronger and more intense though, but it isn't bad.. I think its a little better performance than the reformulated DG pour homme UK In a nut shell it retains some of the DG pour homme dna, but instead of the dark tobacco citrus tone it has some kind of dark tobacco sweet note instead.. but it retains the pour homme dna still

Scent - 4.5/5
Longevity - 3.5/5
Projection- 3.5/5

duzy
duzy

I can see a lot of hate for Intenso on here.
Ok, I never tried original Pour Homme so my review will be lacking the comparison to the original.
I think it was not very good move to call it INTENSO, as it is not one of the most intensive scents on the market. It is, however good enough. It's performance is matching some of Creed's or Killian's which are 5 times more expensive.
Anyway, the scent: I love it. Fresh, yet comforting, tobacco and lavender very prominent. Quite linear soapy scent that can be used all year round.
Nice packaging. I got mine as a part of a gift set with a very nice AS balm and shower gel. I can't fault it in any way.

yasinelsarraj
yasinelsarraj

damn!! this thing smells like a sort of fresh soap in a good way, And its manly .. so nice!!

Konga5000
Konga5000

Sampled this at ULTA yesterday.
I sampled about 25 different men's frags and this was on the top 5 out of all of them! Really stands out and is a "non-offensive" to me.

A multi-tasker and a complement-getter !

Interesting yet civilized.

Complex yet untangled.

Also smells very natural.

This goes on my "wish list" -- and I'm very fussy too!

Blind Buy= no problem !
Day/Night= no problem!
Winter/Summer= no problem !
Wear In Office or On a Date= no problem!
Unisex= Yes...maybe!

Smellafella
Smellafella

At first this fragrance starts off very earthy. But just when you start to get the tobacco, the lavender takes over strong. The frag starts to then become somewhat fresh & powdery...& to my nose smells a lot like Charmin Tissue.

This is a nice fragrance for a spring evening in a casual setting.

WildDove
WildDove

Intenso gives me an impression of dry leaves, tree bark, woods, resins, earth, ripe fruits. Natural and organic. I get a flood of images with this scent: a family gathering at Thanksgiving, a well-appointed older home with wood paneling and a library, rural California on a warm autumn afternoon, a group of friends sharing wine-cheese-fruits at a rustic table with French doors open nearby and a breeze off the ocean. I like that Intenso has richness, depth, and complexity, but wears close to the skin.
The lavender note makes it more of a men's fragrance vs. unisex.

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Amazing - Love it.

But Dolce Gabbana Intenso is being faked around the world.

BE very weary of the reviews below. My friend purchased a fake from eBay and amazon is littered with them.

This is a unique fragrance.

Anyone who claims their bottle doesn't have rich spiced honey coating layers of hay and bran... has a dud. This dry down is exactly as the company describes and is unmistakable even to noses like mine with limited experience.

Smell this on skin at a department store FIRST.

Thumbs up to Dolce Gabbana for making a night scent vastly different from their ever popular The One.

Intenso = 9/10

Heetkin
Heetkin

So, after enjoying the original Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (well the 2012 UK Edition anyway), and despite reading numerous negative reviews of the new(ish) Intenso version, I took the plunge anyway.

I'm afraid to say, I do agree with the general consensus, that it is far from Intense, and if anything seems like a watered down, tamer beast (kitten), with little projection, sillage or longevity to speak of.

The Pro's:
It smells nice
The bottle's cracking, apart from showing up my greasy thumbprints (But maybe that's just me - I just fixed the chain on my bike)
Would make a great office scent due to it's lack of projection, and that it's inoffensive to others
It's cheap at the moment - I got mine half price

The Con's:
Projection and Sillage
Not as good as he Original (2012 version - Haven't tried others)
Doesn't smell as much like Johnson's & Johnson's Baby Shampoo, which I love.

In a nutshell - If you see the Regular or Intenso versions for the same price I'd go for the regular one. Performs better, and to me, smells better.

Having said that, I hate to jump to conclusions too quickly, and so I intend leaving my bottle of Intenso in a darkened cupboard for the next 30 or so years for it to intensify and develop further.

I'll get back to you with my results.

Jurisprude
Jurisprude

It's a nice one. I like it. A good one for a man's vanity. However, it has poor staying power. And that's an issue for this beauty. I would say it is work friendly as it wears nicely close to the skin. A keeper.

BigD
BigD

I really like this one. It's unique. A little flowery, maybe the lavender, gives me the recollection of what the shampoo Prell used to smell like from my childhood. Maybe that's the oft commented on soapiness in the reviews herein. Then it evolves and the tobacco and sandlewood notes complement the whole presentation and I keep bringing my wrist to my nose for more sniffs. Very nice.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

It's very odd indeed how this scent can gather so much hate and yet the reviewers are supposedly to be fragrance friendly people. How come? I agree that Intenso is not what most scents are these days, even men's, sweet, oudy, powedery, insane projection, nuclear sillage, etc... It means that Intenso is doing today what YSL did when they released River Gauche, going against the flow. In the case of the Dolce&gabbana scent is not even that strange because Intenso is said to be a flanker of the original D&G pour Homme. And yet Intenso is a comferting male scent like many others in the same genre. And Intenso has in fact something new by presenting something so familiar with an u-to-date approach. Is that a crime?

Intenso doesn't bring anything new... they say. What does it mean? Intenso, like Bleu de Chanel and now Dior Sauvage, is generic. What does it mean? Thousands and thosands of people all around the world are buying perfumes for the very first time at this very moment. What should they buy? Amouge's Interlude? Serge luten's Santal Majescule? Frederic Malle's Carnal flower? Clive Christian? Nasonato? ... Silver Iris Mist? I think most people here are being very insensitive and snob, pretentious and misleading when they should do the opposite.

For some reason or another I don't like the original D&G pour Homme. But Intenso is very close to that and it comes with a modern twist, a more actual feeling. Is it a carbon copy, no, of course not. Is it what people want a flanker to be? Is it?

I wonder if all this hate is part of the boycot so many promoted because of D&G views on family values. Unfortunately, that's another issue that is better keep very behind doors nowadays, family values.

I like Intenso very much. It's oldish fashion, descreet, manly, soapy, low key, comforting, pleasing, relaxed. It's perfect for my setting, my frame of mind, my cloths... Me. I went for a 200ml bottle.

I have some Amouages, Tom Fords, Annick Goutals, Serge Lutens, Penhaligon's, Creeds but i seldon wear them. I prefer some so called generic scents, like this one.. The only one much talked about and revared scent I do have in highest stem in Chergui, and Sables. The rest is just a question of buguet. Please yourself, please.

I thought I had reviewed this when it came out, turns out I didn't and subsequent re sampling has not changed my mind about Intenso.
It's opens quite nicely if not generically with that lavender tinged aquatic vibe straight from the original D&G Pour Homme. I was a fan in the nineties but I think I've outgrown the original Pour Homme.
The problem with Intenso is the attempt to shoehorn in some deeper, more sensual notes of Amber and tobacco. The problem is the 'tobacco' doesn't smell accurate and clashes with the whole fresh appeal of Pour Homme. The same argument could be made for Amber only to a lesser extent.
Initially quite nice, then after 1/2 hour or so I found it irritating and sour on my skin. The longevity is pretty poor but don't get me wrong I can't say I hate Intenso, it's far from offensive, just not very good.

madooo1990
madooo1990

I really like it, I would like to buy 10 bottles to ensure it will not end wearing it.
Strong opening and soft lasting.

مهدی
مهدی

من که خوشم نیومد ازش بوی صابون گلنار میده

ayktdmrl
ayktdmrl

I don't get it why people do hate this scent. I personally enjoy wearing it a lot in any occasion.
Would I buy another bottle .. Yes
General 8/10

rerthegreat

Well I received this gift so I feel obligated to review again now that ice worn it a bit. Opening is ok but after 20 minutes the mid notes are amazing. The aquatic opening burns off and you get to the heart of this fragrance: tobacco, spicy, very similar to pour home but spicier/earthier. Once this hits the basenotes, the tail end of it to me this becomes very similar to lucky you, not a bad thing.
Would I buy this again? Heavily discounted I would, longevity still so so at best. The original is one of my absolute favorite colognes, love to wear it on a cold day. Intenso is more versatile and can be worn all seasons in my view due to how it evolves during its wearing

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

very good scent. excellent projection.. The ultimate fragance for men. A powerful masculine fragrance..excellent .masterpiece..it is especially the vintage version. similar to the original 2012 version.
dry down is better..thx
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

dolcethadon

@doownehpets - Yes indeed! The hay note smells great and it is quite an interesting note.. I completely agree with you! The aquatic accords are not noticeable at all, they are only there to brighten the opening.. The prominent notes are most definitely sandalwood, tobacco, hay, bran, and lavender.. These notes are all there but Intenso is really all about it's gorgeous sandalwood base.. I do not know who has been voting on the notes listed above because the votes make absolutely no sense! Very much like most of the reviews below.. I really wonder if 99% of the guys who voted and reviewed Intenso ever really even wore this awesome fragrance on their skin.. My guess is probably not! Regardless of whether or not Intenso receives it proper due, it is still without a doubt the best fragrance Dolce & Gabbana has released in years..

doownehpets
doownehpets

I was at Sephora with my wife and wandered over to test some scents out and tried this. First thing I thought was..."this smells like hay"..."no way they'd put hay in this, would they?" Then I look up the notes on here and...yep, hay. I actually like the smell pretty well, though.

My wife bought some makeup and they ended up giving us a sample to take home. I tried it a couple more times and the hay does make it sort of heady, doesn't bother me as much as some other fragrances, but it's there for sure.

I don't get the aquatic notes like in the breakdown, mostly the tobacco, the hay and sandalwood. It's good, but I don't think I'll be buying a bottle of it.

diamond dust
diamond dust

Nice smell with herbs and tobacco when i try this i think its not edp soft smell pour homme is better

Kiku
Kiku

This reminds me a lot of vintage Grey Flannel. The fresh, herby, aromatic opening leads to a spicy/lavender heart with a strong tobacco note. Not that "dirty ashtray" smell so common today. This is tobacco at it's sweetest and ripest. The drydown is warm and dry like an autumn afternoon. It has the quality of hay in the sunshine. Intenso would be a great fragrance if it stopped there but it turns into sweetness run amuck. The sweetness builds and builds and becomes overwhelming. Sillage and longevity are massive. If this had been formulated with a little more restraint it could have been a classic.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

What..Intenso? Are you joking? It has very weak sillage and weak to moderate lasting power but the worst thing is that lacks of identity and character. On me the newest D&G pour homme (edt !!!) peformes better than this and generally is more pleasant,so if you are a fan of this house go for it. I will pass both of them though.
The vintage one was by far better imo with depth and guts!! That's why many times i feel nostalgia for the past.

jardinedavies
jardinedavies

i love this scent :)

rerthegreat

IntenseNO. What we have is an attractive bottle, wonderful opening and within 30 minutes you have now the original d&g would smell on your skin, THE NEXT MKRNING. This has the staying power of a house fly with a terminal illness, I'm wearing pleasures by estee lauder and it is FAR MORE potent and long lasting, it smells stronger than intenso: intenso has been on my skin for an hour, pleasures for FIVE HOURS.
This is a pass. Stop slapping "parfum" on fragrances that have zero lasting power! Disappointing.

Carles
Carles

When I first heard about this I expected the comeback of vintage D&G Pour Homme but this time in another format; wishing it would have the crazy alcoholic opening and strong projection of the old one.

What I got was a light and slightly different version of the reformulated D&G Pour Homme. I have not paid much attention to the reformulated D&G Pour Homme, but I remember it as soft, soapy and has a more citrusy opening. This has the same properties but the citrus has given away its' spot to hay and tobacco. I found the hay note (or maybe it is the new "moepel" note) really interesting and modern. As noted in the description it dries out the tobacco and removes the spiciness of it which probably appeals to a younger audience.

Imo, this is not a bad scent. The issue is that the marketing is a big fail. It is not intense, it is labeled as an EdP but smells more like an EdT, it is not dark whatsoever and I really do not associate it with bad boy Colin Farell. Ironically, the vintage D&G Pour Homme has all of the qualities this is supposed to have but is missing...

Would buy it if I was looking for a soapy, balsamic and close-to-skin smell to wear with basic t-shirts. Something tells me the deo stick would be good enough to achieve that :)

consocmap
consocmap

I am looking for a winter fragrance with tobacco scent and this absolutely is in my favorite. I feel like it has only 2 smells and they're close to each other. The scent moves from one to another very smoothly. If you like the Pour Homme but you want something less sweet and warmer then this is the one for you.

getcarter
getcarter

Los Amigos Fragranticanos
A very thoughtful gift from my 12 y/o daughter to me on Father's Day. Great packaging sets the initial tone - the velvety dark chocolate-coloured box and glossy bottle within are just Luxe! And it's an EDP.
It's unlike anything I own - which is good. I cannot discern any specific notes - have been doing a lot of (house) painting of late so the ole schnoz is a bit worse for wear - but I get a dominant clean and slightly soapy accord. It is Lovely!
While Prada's Infusion d'Homme isn't remotely similar - they perform a similar role: straight of the shower clean scent (though in the case of Intenso, NOT powdery).
I've had the Prada but prefer Intenso. Though it doesn't appear to last as long as an EDP probably should. As the schnoz is on the fritz, I'll give Intenso the benefit of the doubt.
I like it, I may learn to love it, and will happily get a replacement (because I have nothing else like it - and because it will always be a happy remembrance!).
Cheers n beers
j

Ralphangel
Ralphangel

Don't know or understand all the negative reviews as this fragrance smell's as the original but more intense, hence the name Intenso. I happen to like it allot as it's a very manly,classy,and very sophisticated smelling fragrance which can be worn day or evening. defintely worth adding to your collection!

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Major dislike. It seems like no effort was made to blend any of the notes here. Instead it's like a little kid banging on random keys of a piano. No melody no harmony no nuance. No thanks.

drelovesit
drelovesit

Signature Scent. Absolutely gorgeous, fresh and woody. Compliment after compliment. Love!

Escoteric
Escoteric

I can't understand getting rid of BY for Him, and adding this mediocre frag to the range. I loved the Pour Homme, and in 1997 it was my signature frag. So I had big hopes for this, with a name like intenso, I thought wow this is got to be good! Like a fool and how the pricing structure lures men in, i.e 50ml is £50, 100ml is £65 and then now the £150ml or 200ml is only £90, (I ma speaking generic pricing), you get duped into buying the bigger one, as the economics urge you to go down that route. However this is the economics of the mad house when you end up paying more for something that you will be put of in the first few spritz and thereafter it collects dust, or ends up in a boot sale. This is the worst out of all the D&G frags. Bring me the head of D&G and the nose of the perfumer so I can give them the boot!There is nothing intenso, hark wait it is my anger.

genvy
genvy

It's a nice enough variation on the original but it's absolutely ruined by this cheap-smelling caloney ozoney aquatic note that smells like bottom bin men's cologne a la Azzaro Chrome. The note is unfortunately way too prominent and unrelenting, lasting all the way through the drydown. Why would they do this? Without this note I'd almost consider buying it, as I found it superior to the original otherwise. A massively unsuccessful decision on their part. Stick to the original.

Auminded
Auminded

THE PROBLEM WITH "INTENSE" VERSION FRAGRANCES.

I hate to sound like a downer, but I have a problem with these "intense" and "light" fragrance remakes. The first problem that many others have commented on is the fact that this is not in fact a "parfum" I will leave it there. Aside from that they took the original (Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme) which is a work of art and added darker ingredients (hence the darker bottle) but thats not the problem. The problem is that they added to the weight of the fragrance but killed the longevity.

Hypothetically if a fragrance was a fighter, they would want to maintain a standard weight. They would understand that they could gain a certain amount of weight for strenght but it may hinder their endurance if they go to far. That is the problem with Intenso, they made it stronger, it hits harder and is beautiful. Though once its on the skin you find that it cannot last past the 3rd hour.

BOTTOM LINE: If you must buy one of these, grab the original Pour Homme. (Which I Have Also Reviewed)

Thanks For Reading,
-Auminded

rd115leo
rd115leo

Really pleasing fragrance but the longevity is awful, smell dissipates after only an hour or so, complete rip-off.

themattsky
themattsky

This is a lovely fragrance. Very fresh and clean. A perfect office fragrance. It's much better than the original version in my honest opinion. There's something about the original that puts me off.

jaretz
jaretz

I got this as a sample at sephora and even though im 1 hour in i can tell you now that this is a nice fragrance but thats it nothing special nothing puchase worthy the performance is not impressive nor is the scent its just okay generously giving it 6.5/10.D&G=not a impressive fragrance house.

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

This fragrance is not near as bad as what people are making it out to be. Do not base your decision on others reviews. I don't like any of the fragrances this house puts out. The one is the best smelling....but it's so weak I wouldn't give it the time of day.. This is the best frag they have put out as far as blend, smell, longevity And projection.
Overall, not bad especially from this house. Overall 8/10

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

Well, those who said this is weak weren't kidding! Intenso my ass! The original EDT is more intense than this so-called EDP. This is going right back to the store, first thing in the morning.

jackfort
jackfort

Not a bad scent BUT; low performer. Too subtil. I think that d&g are not listening to customers, plain and simple. Yoohoo... these triksters are deaf or what, they are hurting the brand with subpar product. We want the juice to hold at least for a couple of hours. Try the new Brit Rhythm intense and see what a real fragrance is. 100$ down the drain. They probably watered it down on purpose to make room for an intense version in the future. Money makers with no pride if you want my opinion. Last time I waste money with d&g, i deserve more than that...

Intenso is the price, not the juice. d&g is dead to me

duncan.robertson3
duncan.robertson3

After being in the perfume shop for nearly an hour searching this is the one i came home with. I love it! Woody, masculine with a hint of sweet tobacco. Perfect for those hot summer Spanish nights!

Juicyassrose

Okay, this is going to get weird... I had already tried this without looking at the notes and, in all honesty it kind of explains why I had formulated some of my opinions...

This smells like dirt. Earth. The dark moist soil that was rained on three hours ago. The kind that gets under your nails and you have to scrub away.
Now, there are people who like that kinda smell?... but not me!
The opening is gritty, bitter and spicy, already starting to remind me of one and many others... Green definitely, dry but not fresh. This is where this starts to fall down for me as a warm fragrance can work if the lighter notes come through but I think D&G timed their release badly. In the middle of summer??? Not a good move. Moving on, I waited for a development to carry this beyond the dull opening...
... Still no improvement as there begins less spice and a strange cloying attempt at sweetness coming through. Then the similarity begins to appear: the Original Dolce&Gabanna Pour Femme! No wonder they discontinued the original fragrance in favour of a cheap marshmallow girl pleaser! It enabled them to take the original and de-feminise it by burying it under dry, soil covered, gritty hay.
From the hype and presentation of this I was really expecting something that was as classy as the bottle... But no... just no.

cancerian
cancerian

This shouldn't be a blind buy.One has to actually get a sample vial before going for a regular bottle.It has a soapy smell in the beginning and then gets better,only better and not good. It is not intense in any way and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

In my nose is just another reformulation of D&G Pour Homme and far from a intense version.
It´s not a intense and nocturnal like the presentation, it opens with the same chord lavender/citrus with aspect fougere, but more temperate and green than DG pour Homme, which is more fruity a little spicy.
Passing the opening i also get a grass kind of note maybe is sage, the tobacco here makes the paper of violet leaf instead of pipe tobacco.
The feature of it here is slightly powdery, with a fresh metallic feel and also herbal, perhaps for hay presence, unlike traditional, that has cinnamon and pepper.
It has something for almost moss cypress but when dry it for me the best part comes up, but hardly feel, a very weak base of sandalwood, with a milky and creamy woody look and a vestige of amber, refers to something niche but a shame, i put Pour Homme in tha same porch competing with 212, Bleu as well versatile perfumes.

Rating: 7,5-8/10

Mike Peters
Mike Peters

I tried this yesterday, it is definitely a unique fragrance. I'm just not a fan.

JF Dufour

I would give a rate of 4.1 (rather than 2.9 as the Fragrantica average note).
It smells a little bit :
- DG pour Homme
- fruity
- powdery

This fragrance is soft and elegant. Great for office. It smells VERY good.
Only the name (Intenso) doesn't fit.

Edit, july 2015 :
I got a compliment by a woman (stranger) at supermarket :
" you smell very good... all the men should smell good... don't change your perfume... "

ken.z008
ken.z008

First off, I dont understand why the majority of votes are under dislike! I totally disagree with these people!
I spayed this on a card and it was gorgeous, reminded me of how I first met Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme 16 or so years ago when I was in high school (my everyday cologne for such a young age, I know!) although this is much more intense and rich.
I had my friends smell this as well, and they all agreed how fresh and attractive this fragrance is.
The intense rich tobacco accord, supported by powdery sweet amber/coumarin, and enhanced by fizzy lavender create a such deeply fresh, intoxicatingly sexy soapiness that everyone would fall for.
You will never go wrong with this D&G Intenso version! Everyone who smells this would say 'ahhh!

Danceswithscent
Danceswithscent

Initially the anise blasts you in the face. It turns into a mildly pleasant frag for about 15 minutes when the balance is changing, then goes all stealth mode and dies into synthetic lavender and cherry pipe tobacco. Not well done. Terrible actually. I'm not sure what DG as a house is doing but this is garbage.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Bleah. It smells boring and generic on a paper strip, and on my skin it turns pungent and sour. Fortunately it didn't last very long.

camposg
camposg

smells just like the original D&G with the sticker on the bottle except, spicier. Came on strong but dont know if it has performance issues

Godinezmarco
Godinezmarco

its weak after a short while, doesnt last and about $100.

Theres nothing in this scent that makes gives anyone a wow factor. The price isnt the issue...but you will be paying a designer fee for a sub par fragrance.

not worth it...

Tripod_KE
Tripod_KE

I loved this perfume the first time i set my hands on it!
it's first of D&G in my collection, it's masculine and it lasts long.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Note to self, must stop rating every new fragrance on originality, longevity and sillage. This is very welcome in my collection. I only sell on or throw away anything that bores me. This one has plenty of development through each wearing. No regrets here.

Jlavi91
Jlavi91

Love it. Don't understand the hate. I have gotten plenty of compliments on it. Smells macho without being overpowering. Was a gift from the girlfriend, the aftershave is great too.

olfactorium
olfactorium

I really had to think about what this fragrance reminds me of for a long time, but it came to me today that it must be fresh, cherry-infused pipe tobacco, like the kind smoked by youngish bearded hipsters I used to know on the West Coast. It is a pleasant and reassuring fragrance based on a theme rather than a season; therefore, it transcends the seasons or time of day, and I like that, too. The packaging, especially the faux suede box, might be reminiscent of a humidor or a tobacco pouch, such as one uses to hold loose tobacco, and pipes are a completely masculine implement which supercharges the macho feeling of the whole presentation.

After that initial, intoxicating opening of cherry tobacco wonderfulness that lasts an exceptionally long while, the hay and bran emerge, giving weight to the bouquet and preventing the fruity tobacco from becoming cloying or gourmand while evoking a pastoral element not often appreciated or even found in fragrance. The floral notes and exotic Moepel are there as well, but waft along in a warm sort of aromatic breeze, not making themselves completely known, but adding an expressive, romantic score to the radiant tobacco heart. Something like the way Rachmaninoff can make you weep for joy if you just listen to the music and forget all the clichés about the music.

I guess if I had to pick a season for this fragrance it would be summer, but not in the typical cooling way of citrus, mint and aquatic notes. (In fact, although water notes are listed, I don’t find them here at all.) I feel it more in the way of ripening fruit, tobacco plantations, fields of tall grass or lavender, and tropical Africa: many imaginative, corpulent scenarios that are pleasing and far removed from city life and the crush of humanity. Wearing it is like taking a private jet to St. Barts while everyone else is flying coach to Disney World. That is what DGI should be and most definitely is, in my opinion. I did an awful lot of traveling the last few months and found myself wanting to wear this everywhere I went with positive inquiries following.

Should I address the hatred? Well, it’s that whole synth vs. niche thing that seems to be the eternal struggle here on Fragrantica. I was reading a review one purist wrote about another widely available fragrance which I happen to know (and he had to acknowledge) was quite good, but he laid out his acclaim in the most disingenuous way possible, as if he were traumatized by his own words of praise as he wrote them and made sure to include contemptuous salvos like “cheapo”, analogies to McDonald’s hamburgers (made of pink slime, but oh so tasty!), and qualified his remarks by saying he isn‘t used to “this side” of the fragrance world (the $100 or less slums), as if the development and marketing of any successful fragrance with broad appeal isn’t a complex and thoughtful challenge for anyone to undertake. Pretty soon, the reviewer was no longer coherent and his dismissive pseudo-tech snickering became a neurotic treatise which should have been titled “Why I Must Like This Vile, Mass Produced, Generic Crap“. Perhaps it's the unrelenting conceit I find objectionable in these matters. So, I say trust your own judgment here. If you think DGI is insipid, then don’t wear it, but don't make a pastime of low-balling others who may be willing to embrace molecules for which you hold antipathy. There are P&G fragrances I avoid, but this isn’t one of them. I started out liking DGI and now, to borrow a McDonaldism, “I’m Lovin’ It!”

Juicyassrose

I simply don't get this. Unfortunately when I smell this all I think is "why are D&G trying to copy Roja Dove Amber Aoud and failing miserably?". D&G keep getting rid of/reformulating what WERE decent fragrances, seemingly to capture younger markets. Losing what little faith I had in this house. Doesn't last either.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

I was given 2ml samples of this, and Balmain Homme earlier today. I applied a couple of sprays to each hand at 10pm. It is now 1120pm. The D&G Intenso EDP has all but disappeared. The Balmain EDT is still going strong (well, it should after 1 hour and 20 mins!)
This is a pathetic and shameful offering from D&G, particularly as the asking price is so high for this bargain basket cologne! That said, all perfumers need to get their houses in order and sort out these risible longevity issues (and utter dishonesty for releasing such failures) at this moment in time.
These two fragrances have a similar vibe, but the Balmain Homme is by far the better purchase IMO.
I wouldn't bother using Intenso even if I was given a bottle, the performance is that lamentable!

NOEXECE
NOEXECE

Not so great like original one DG Pour Homme ..

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

D and G used to make fragrances I craved, Masculine perhaps being the biggest of them, it was vibrant, bright and sizzling. So I always look forward to one of their releases, the bottle design is really smart, chic and masculine. The fragrance is fairly nice, but not exactly 'intenso' it's not heavy or wonderfully long lasting as you'd expect from an EDP. The opening is floral and bright, a wee bit sickly. As it dries down I get a bit of lavender, a bit of wood, and a bit of what I thought was a sugary coffee smell, unusual. Im sorry to disagree with a lot of reviewers, but the original D&G pour homme was a glorious scent, this tries to replicate it I guess, but it's way off. Not one I'd get into.

jays786
jays786

Nice scent but I prefer the original.

swemad
swemad

I bought the intenso today. And OMFG it is absolutely gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Dont listen for what people say I promise u will fall in love from the first smell.

champykilo
champykilo

All this hate will turn into love in couple months lol. I personally think that its beautiful and well done just gotta use it in cold weather. Wonderfullness. When i weared i felt like a boss.

SteveSmellsGood
SteveSmellsGood

Truly horrible fragrance. I never liked the original D&G Pour Homme and this is not any better. Smells like musty old books. Glad I only got a sample of this and didn't spend £60 on it!

m1156943
m1156943

Very nice and we'll done

Julio Azul
Julio Azul

clean,sexy&masculine. this perfume is another classic from the house of d&g.a deep scent for the man who's a winner!

Knife2
Knife2

As much as I like D&G's The One, I don't get along with Intenso. It is so reminiscent to a mosquito repellent called "Jungle Oil", makes me laugh when I sniff this. It is much too green and sharp for my nose.

Chioutzu
Chioutzu

I love d&g, the brand, the clothes and the perfumes. However, dolce&gabbana intenso really dissapointed me. There is nothing intense about it except for the clean fresh notes. Thats not what i was looking for. The presentation is a dark sophisticated design, i was expecting a intensified pour homme version. I would be happy with the exact same fragrance (as the ph) with improved longevity and sillage. Intenso doesn't do anything for me. It's too soapy and clean. For this category i think the 20 dollar nautica voyage would be a better choice.

I wouldnt wear this at night for going out. More something for at the office and would be great in the morning/day.

Conclusion: had high expectations, the fragrance smells too much like soap i buy at the supermarket, not worth the money, presentation doesn't resemble fragrance

Wouldnt reccomend a blind buy.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام و احترام
به نظرم يك عطر عالي از برند دلچي گابانا البته ممكن است رايحه آن براي شما آشنا باشد اما اين پديده اي جديد نيست و الان در حال حاظر و اين دهه اخير بسياري از ادكلنها براي شما ممكن است آشنا به نظر آيند آنهم دليلش آن است كه اكثر نت ها توسط شركت ها بالانس هاي مختلف شده و تركيبات مختلفي را بدست مي دهند كه اكثرا در بين عطرهاي پيشين مسلما بكار رفته است
بعنوان مثال رايحه زعفران اگر در عطري غالب بوده است و آنرا استشمام كرده ايد با نت هاي ديگر حالا عطر جديدي به مشامتان مي خورد و مي گوييد آشنا است چون همان زعفران با نت هاي ديگري تركيب شده و عطر جديدي را
پديد آورده است و شما بواسطه رايحه زعفران ذهن تان درگير آن گرديده و آن را آشنا تصور مي كنيد و اين در حالي است كه داريد با اين ياد آوري ذهني خود را از استشمام روايح ديگر در تركيب جديد محروم مي سازيد
اين عطر مردانه براي كساني كه به پخش بوي عطر اهميت مي دهند
كار درخور توجه اي ميباشد مسلما در مراسم و مهماني ها و حتي جلسات كاري همه آنرا بدون شك استشمام نموده و متوجه بوي مردانه و خوش آن خواهند شد
بطري شيك و جعبه اي شبيه مخمل داشته و از اين بابت فاخر به چشم مي آيد
با تقديم احترام و ادب
Instagram: mehrdad_perfume

Joeymaz
Joeymaz

The only thing good about this fragrance is Colin Farrel

Chitowndan
Chitowndan

I like this fragrance. I don't love it but I do like it.

psearcy
psearcy

I recently purchased dolce & Gabbana intenso did some sprays it has a decent smell similar to the original version but BOY the longevity and projection wooo 30min to an hour I couldn't smell anything I thought the department store had sold me a fake until I read several people was having this same issue I think d&g needs to do a better job in the longevity and projection department so I would not recommend this

jotalopez
jotalopez

In my opinion D&G Intenso is a revamped edition of the original Dolce & Gabbana pour homme. I get a delicious and sophisticated anise accord that makes Intenso more interesting and complex than the original D&G, but at the same time it reminds me of Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme. Nice scent anyway.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I will make 2 assumptions. Most members over 30 have owned the original and see this as a far cry from that. Then most guys under 30 probably have never smelled the original and think that this is great. I could be wrong but that's what I think. I fall in the over 30 category and think it's at least 3/4 similar to the original. So it adds a few notes that are not used in any other fragrance.. Big deal.. Same ole D&G PH smell but not as intense. I found performance to be average and won't be buying it. I am not saying that it's bad but will pass on it.

rprovenz
rprovenz

To me it smells like a smoother version of the original and women seem to like it. You smell good or you don't.

Pyrzy
Pyrzy

I actually have a very strange story regarding this fragrance. When I first saw it had arrived at my local retailer, I gave it a go that same day.

I have the original Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme and it is one of my favourite spring fragrances, and a fragrance that I can reach for at any given time, if I don't know what else to wear.

But when I smelled Intenso, I was immediately reminded of one of my classmates from the University I am a student at. She smells exactly like this, and she doesn't wear any perfumes, and she has smelled like that for as long as I can recall. We have been studying for 4 years together and she has a very strong and distinct personal smell. And this smells exactly like that. It is her natural smell, which makes this effect the more interesting.

I could never use this because of that. She doesn't smell bad, so neither does this cologne, but the smell reminds me so much of her that I could not wear this. When I smell it, my mind immediately thinks of her. It must be in my scent memory. The similarity is stunning.

Never had this happened to me before.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Tested it, it's a very bold fragrance, and yes it's Mature . late 30s age .
It's very elegant

lou6
lou6

I have a simple of this, at first it smell really Good. But this fragrance is for older gentlemen who is more a conservative person. Then, I imagine someone wearing this in a very classy event at night or an important meeting.

So the verdict is:
At night
Very formal event
Last 7 hours
Good projection

7,5/10

JeffreyHan
JeffreyHan

got sample today on a local dept store..
despite many bad reviews, i really do like this fragrance a lot..
i know it's not an extremely unique scent, but i like the fresh and sexy vibe in it that will be really good for night out time..
will get a bottle soon.

nielK nivlaC

Would members please dislike riffjim4069 post below at least for the reason he used the word "rube"?

Hey... I'm all for being called names when I deserve it, but at least come at me harder than that lol.

nielK nivlaC

So it was you driving that Ruby Red Lincoln SUV!

E-Jam Q
E-Jam Q

Regardless of the reviews below, I do enjoy this very much. This scent is pleasant and like the original it's much more appealing.It's a complement getter; and for nights out, is best to use if you don't need to draw attention.For those purposes I use other fragrances.This is by far a better scent than D&G light blue.or "the one".Don't get me wrong I like D&G the one.But it lacks longevity.This on the other hand is a eau de parfum with a projection and longevity up to 12-16+ hours.8/10 for my rating.

drakecito
drakecito

I don't hate this one, but this is not intense, this is not dark. "Dark", seriously??
This is a light acuatic and synthetic lavander, a little boring and at least, suspect quality.

Really, I don't like strong and "dark" fragrances, but this is boring and a llittle cheap.

In the other hand and to say something good, I must say that this seems better than the HORRIBLE "Pour Homme" sold today and, really, this smell good.

Good longevity with moderate-low sillage.

Only this. :)

gill007
gill007

I seriously can't understand the hate on this one ! :)

It is what its suppose to be. Intense version of original. And it does live upto that name, 'Intenso'. Darker, Stronger, mysterious and sexier. 1-2 puff is all you would need on winter night date .

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso starts with aquatic notes followed by sweet lavender & citrus. The dry down is a woody/tobacco. Smells a bit like the original and it should, but not so loud. I got a compliment from a co-worker this morning (she was standing close to me). This is a fragrance the wearer does not smell, but everyone else who is standing close, does. It is perfect for office wear since it won't project all over the place. Very nice.

nielK nivlaC

Like the reviewer below, I too love this fragrance and not sure where the hate is coming from. Yes, it does of course have similarities to the original, as it should since this is supposed to be the "intense" version, but I see this as an entirely new take on the original that is unmistakably different. In my wearings, Intenso had the backbone of the original pretty much throughout it's life but was thicker, heavier, denser, creamier and less fresh... but that's not a bad thing. The opening to mid has a very syrupy Cherry Dr. Pepper scent to me, with that same original DNA in the background shining through. The dry-down on my skin (especially in my first wearing) smelled like CK One. It was a soapy clean base that I couldn't put my finger on at first then finally came to my senses (no pun intended) that this smells like CK One... but you would never expect that whatsoever from the opening to mid, so it surprised me. Ironically, I think because the fragrance is now more concentrated and less fresh/bright then the original, it creates this soapier scent whereas the dry down of the original was more transparent with the woods, spices & citruses all fighting on their own to shine through. If the ingredients of the original was used in a "salad", those same ingredients in Intenso is now being used as a "soup"... but again, that's not a bad thing. I adore both the original and Intenso, but like Intenso even more. Even with all of it's new characteristics, I don't find it all synthetic and it's very smooth while being well balanced. To sum up to someone who's familiar with fragrances in a short what Intenso smells like, I would describe it has:

What Bond No. 9's interpretation of the original would smell like.

Basically, if Bond No. 9 ever tried to do their own version of the original, it would unintentionally smell like Intenso lol. The scent would be a thicker, heavier, denser, more syrupy version of the original... but where Bond No. 9 may screw it up somewhere down the line, this is a D&G offspring so they nailed this one right from the start. Definitely a must try.

pjd1234
pjd1234

okay I have not reviewed anything for a long time but this deserves one from me see all my reviews of the d&g pour hommmes. My question is what's up with all the thumbs down???. Who ever did those should have an explanation for it or maybe they just hated it to begin with. D&G came back with a vengence on this one. I for one "LOVE" this. I owned the original italy version and the diluted uk version and soon will also own the intenso it deserves a two 125ml bottles for me and I will tell you why I love this stuff. I have a 5ml sample of the intenso and comparing this to the original I must say is 95% close the difference is almost none existent and what to hate about that?????? I wonder???? performance is mostly identical as well last 8-10hours and projects well you will get noticed for sure it really is memory lane for me. My bashing of the uk version was answered by this release. This is by far the best re release of an old school rendition of the original no bull $hit no re formulation no interpretation, no crap straight D&G POUR HOMME OF the 90S revived with a slight twist. The only difference is the color of juice intenso being purple color, old school amber color. THANK YOU D&G for this release. OKAY ysl you here me if d&g did it do it as well with M7 release don't give us a rendition interpretation give us M7 BACK!!!!, same with Gucci with the 1st pour homme give it back!!!. Final verdict intenso is mostly the same as the original just transported back to the future with a different name, color, packaging a great and admirable re release of the old school pour homme.

nonsisa
nonsisa

This shares the properties of the old D&G PH as well as the new one. It settles somewhere in between these two. Soapyness of the new version and the tobacco from the old.

It is a little bit disappointing to put something on the market that seems about 90% the same scent.

At least it is better than the actual version of D&G PH but it is not as good as the original. You might say its a more contemporary interpretation.

friend
friend

I read the reviews before I tired this. The notes sounded nice; the florals, the tobacco, the wood and musk. It sounded great; even great reviews. However, what some wrote; the ones I tried to ignore were right. I don't get any of those notes (yes I tested on my skin for 3+ hours). Just a synthetic blob. It's on my left hand, which is often near my mouth or nose and it is coming off as soon as I finish this. I tried, but it is a flop. D&C has a few decent offerings, but this one despite high expectations is not for me. I believe someone compared this to the Perry Ellis line. They are right. I have tried several of those and they like Intenso, are synthetic blobs as well. "M" is the only one that works for me. Again, I am disappointed, especially with all of the very heartfelt and good reviews. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so. Phew, now I can go and try to scrub this off.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Hahahaa....

That's my first response when I saw the reviews.

It's been a while since I last made a review or checked FR, because my 'perfume freak days' were over. So reading the interesting reviews (aka "fights") really made my day.

I was never a big fan of DG perfumes. The reason I came to this page was because I was surprised by the quality of Intenso.

It smells pretty standard, very DG, but the quality is superb. I couldn't believe seeing the towering "dislike" bar, but I can understand why. It's a Dolce Gabbana anyway, most people don't take DG perfumes seriously. I was one of them. Some of their exclusive line perfumes are not bad though. I like Velvet Vetiver and Velvet Patchouli.

However I must admit that Intenso is a well blended frag. Nothing really standing out but good quality. It's like a Prada nylon bag, standard but good. A plain Burberry cashmere, standard but good. An Hermes leather, standard but neat. Nothing groundbreaking but meticulously crafted.

My take on the reviews we see on FR is, I think there's more followers than leaders, more amateurs than experts. Fewer Anna Wintour than Kanye West. However, Anna Wintour doesn't always have the best taste either. My point is, there's no right or wrong in fragrance. It's all about taste, an acquired taste. Some people could only see ugliness in a painting, some feel euphoria. Some people will always see a whore as a whore (it's difficult to change the stereotype), but sometimes a whore can make a noble choice in life too. Intenso happens to be the miracle whore.

Without hard feelings nor the intention to provoke negativity or any sorts, I am with team grobar87 and dolcethadon on this one. I am also never a fan of DG nor aromatic fragrances, but kudos to Intenso, esp in the type of frag or category like its own.

Versatility: 9/10
Projection: 7/10

#nohate #butkeeptheinterestingcommentscoming cause most comments on FR are pretty plain and boring, hahaaa...

-almondbreakfast-

grobar87

@riffjim4069 case in point... you want me to respect opinions of others ( which I do, no problem with that ) yet you show up here to trash mine, just because it is oposite of others, and yours.. You should think before you speak my man, and stop being a hypocrite.. Although this site is made for fragrance reviews and opinions and not debates between members, I will answer this once. Most people test a fragrance at a department store, on a paper strip, judging it by its opening notes, which isnt accurate. Also if you read all of the reviews for this fragrance here, many have not even tested it, yet dislike it because it is another flanker. If you pay attention to what I wrote I also said "sometimes these are valid (arguments) and on point because most old stuff used to last longer/project longer/had more originality" I understand this, I understand new relugations, new managment companies, I too wish some older fragrances were still around but they arent. Intenso doesent fall flat on its nose, and although this is a new release, a flanker, like many many other designer releases in the last few years (some were trash, some were not) this one actually happens to be good.

As for my review of this fragrance, I happened to take a sample home with me home today because to judge a fragrance before dismissing it one should test it on skin, and do a few wearings with it, because weather factors, environment and many other factors can determine the opinion. Up top you have lavender domination for about 15 mins or so, than mid notes like tobacco, sandalwood and hay take over, dry down is amazing sandalwood. It lasts and projects very long time, 6 to 8 hours on my skin.

With that in mind I absolutely stand behind my words that a lot of negative reviews here are from people that havent smelled it, or have smelled the opening notes on paper for 10 seconds, and those reviews should be dismissed because they are inacurate. I also absolutely stand behind my words that most ( not all OK, so miss me with that Zest BS ) recent designer flankers get trashed just because they are that - flankers. My original comment said that people shouldnt dismiss this fragrance because many others did, they should go find out for themselves, and I absolutely stand behind that, that goes for every fragrance because everyones nose is different. You dislike the fragrance so what. Even if you gave it proper testing and you dont like it so what. Many others do like it. As time will tell this is one of the best designer releases in years.

dolcethadon

@grobar87 - I agree with you! Yes there are a lot of flankers and reformulations which are not that great, but Intenso is not one of them.. By far one of the best flankers of any fragrance I have seen released in years.. I was shocked to see the hate but I understand why.. Everyone has their own tastes and opinions but when their negative reviews make absolutely no sense at all than I consider it hating.. I would also bet that most of the reviewers who are hating have probably only smelled it on paper and not on skin if they even smelled it at all.. Intenso is a scent that only shows itself on skin.. But I think what is really going on is that a lot of these reviews are from The One fans who are upset that Pour Homme received a intense flanker instead of The One.. But that is not news, they have been bitching about that for years.. They also were already hating on Intenso before it was even released because they wanted "The One Intense" instead.. Intenso is the most unique scent that D&G has released in years and years! Lavender, tobacco, hay, bran, moepel, sandalwood, most are unique and rarely used notes.. Intenso is far more interesting, unique, and smells better than 90% of recent designer releases.. I believe a lot of these reviewers have not given Intenso a fair shot because of preconceived notions and that makes their reviews biased.. I could go on and on and dissect every review, and show you how none of them make any sense but it is what it is.. I just hate that when a great scent is released it goes unappreciated but than garbage gets praised..

grobar87

I feel like lately there is an army of haters out there ready to tacle any new scent by any designer house no matter what it is withought even smelling it, or testing it, holding them to the old reputation type like " they used to be so good, now its trash... not another flanker... too synthetic...a shadow of its former self... reformulated, watered down... blah blah blah.. " and sometimes these are valid and on point because most old stuff used to last longer/project longer/had more originality, but this D&G is actually very very good in a sea of new releases.. give it a shot for yourself, before you let the army of negativity decide your opinion for you...

Tigraa444
Tigraa444

Loved it and sits very nicely on his skin. I even tried it myself, and would wear it just the same.

lovescully
lovescully

I was suprised by how much I really liked this new D&G release. I'm not really a big fan of D&G fragrances (including the original 'Pour Homme') and apart from this new Intenso fragrance, I only have 'The One' in my collection. Although The One smells wonderful, its projection and longevity are a major issue so it doesn't get nearly any use at all from me.

This new fragrance from D&G is completely different as on my skin the projection is respectable and the longevity is very good at about 10 hours.

I really enjoy the opening mixture of herbs, lavender & a mild wood. The middle stage is clearly a soapy lavender but not offensively so. After the top and middle notes fade I'm left with a very classic masculine base of slightly sweetened tobacco and a deeper sandalwood.

Although this is clearly a polarising release from D&G and it is not the most original fragrance to come along this year, I think you should at least give this a try.

sbrockington

This a response to @riffjim4069 you just cant yank a product off the shelve just because the minorities of people like ourslves dont like it. Reason (1) advertising dollars time and promotional effort goes into marketing. Reason(2) PROTOR AND GAMBLE... Are the reason for dolce and gabbana downfall, notice tht there is no perfumer listed, just the pyramid note, tht tells me its in house created. Proctor/Gamble are know for creating detergents,soaps etc. Company like this dont own the original patents to the orginally formulas and try to duplicate their form of wht it should smell like without a inhouse perfumer. Chemist are not going to cut it, you need real perfume noses or just buy the patent. Like id mentioned in and earlier colunm bring the original The One, make edp and just watch!!!!!!!!!!

moodi31
moodi31

In my opinion the best person to critic a male cologne would be a woman. I use this criteria to know if the cologne is for me or not. If I apply it and my girl goes "hmmm yumm" then thats for me. If she goes "ummm its ok" then not for me. And apparently she went "yumm" on Intenso. So I got myself a bottle.

sbrockington

Tried today at macy. My opinion on this release is neutral, becase its too much going on in the composition.Dolce and Gabbana should focus on The One, its their best seller. This company needs better marketing. Bring edp formulation of The One and watch $$$$ roll in like gold!!!!!!!!!!

smellydude
smellydude

I have to agree with dolcethadon. I love it. Great versatile fragrance.

AND-MAT

@Dolcethadon, I get it, you like this fragrance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that! You are trying to get people to try this scent, but the fact is that all people here that reviewed it here have already tried it. Some liked it, others didn't. Please respect what other people have to say without trying too hard to prove them wrong. Enjoy the perfumes you like and let people enjoy the perfumes they like.

Everyone should try the perfume as comments here are based on the commenter's opinions and to each of us his own taste.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

I have to test again but initial impressions are that it does resemble the original in its soapy lavender tobacco combo. However, there is a dusty woodiness that on paper made me hesitant to spray it on my wrist.

dolcethadon

I just have to comment on the criticism this great fragrance is receiving.. Everyone here on fragrantica is constantly begging the designer houses to release something that is not a generic aquatic or a sweet bomb but than when something somewhat unique is actually released it goes unappreciated.. Everyone keeps knocking Intenso because it is not a powerhouse.. I guess most of these people do not fully understand what a "intense flanker" actually is.. A intense flanker has absolutely nothing to do with projection, longevity, or performance.. A intense flanker is not about being stronger performance wise than the original.. Intense flankers are about the scent, not the performance! The scent of an intense flanker is supposed to be a darker, warmer, take on the original.. It all has to do with the actual scent, and nuances of the fragrance, not the performance.. So therefore judging Intenso because it is not a powerhouse does not make any sense because that is not what intense flankers are all about.. As far as people knocking Intenso because it is soapy makes very little sense also.. There are tons of soapy fragrances available, they are not uncommon, and they are usually very pleasant.. I do not know why someone would not expect some soapiness to be a part of Intenso when Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme is a very soapy scent, even more so than Intenso.. The soapiness comes from the lavender which is a part of the Pour Homme DNA.. But the whole soapiness thing is clearly being exaggerated because the lavender note is in the top and it begins to dissipate from the scent quite fast.. Once the fresh soapy top notes are pretty much gone, the warmer richer notes like hay, bran, tobacco, sandalwood take over the scent.. The dry down is a beautiful rich sandalwood note which is far from soapy.. I believe some are mistaking the sandalwood with lavender.. Sandalwood can have a somewhat powdery type of vibe but it is woody not soapy.. Intenso is a fragrance you have to get to know on your skin, not on paper! Intenso is by far one of the best releases that Dolce & Gabbana have released in years, and I would go as far as to say it is one of the best designer releases of 2014.. Do not let the negative reviews keep you from getting to know this beauty.. I love it!

That_John_Guy
That_John_Guy

I don't love it or hate it. Agree that for an EDP called "Intenso" it doesn't have the projection one might expect, but I wouldn't say it is weak. It's not really my cup of tea, but I could see this working for someone. At first it does seem a little typical of a generic "cologne" type of smell, but eventually reveals some depth and some strange notes. I asked my wife to smell it on my wrist and asked her what she thought. "It's nice." That sums it up. Not for me, but something tells me that with the right body chemistry this could really work for someone, but probably not necessarily for everyone. Don't let the negative reviews dissuade you from at least trying it out once.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

With a name like Intenso, Eau De Parfum concentration fortified with additives like bran (for extra fibre?), plus a dark, serious looking bottle, this newest incarnation of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme sounded like it was going to be bolder and stronger for sure. Count me in.

Well, what can I say? For me, this highly anticipated release is a major let down. It had all the potential to take an existing superstar scent to a whole new level.

Instead, it smells almost identical to my current bottle of the U.K. Pour Homme EDT formulation. If anything, my EDT outshines and outperforms the new EDP in terms of sillage and longevity.

Intenso is a missed opportunity to have made something great. The disappointment I feel is intenso.

smellysock
smellysock

This is my opinion. It's overpriced for what it is. An unimpressive soapy scent. If you are looking for a nice soapy scent, do not settle for this, look around and smell around more.

Bbjr

Good air freshener or room spray, not good for anything else. D&G is falling hard and fast. Pity

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

I am not a fan of D&G even though some of their fragrances are really nice. So... I had no expectations from Intenso. Oh surprise... I really like it.
Intense, yes probably, has in D&G Pour Homme (it's more recent reformulation) but deeper, warmer. Still has that clean/soap sweet lavender but in three dimensions. Specially in the dry down where I can sense those delicate, darker, more profound notes right at the heart. What seems to be the absence of citrus eliminate any possibility of bitterness. The freshness rely on other things such as the water notes and hints of cypress and herbal melange I guess. As for the moeple accord & bran... cannot say I could recognize the smell.
Wearing Intenso, I feel wrapped in a purple melange. Not a dark mauve but more of a promise of spring over a lavender field!
Is it outstanding... probably not. Is it really good... to me, definitely.

Pelander
Pelander

Finally I got a sample of this new perfume and I've been testing it for the last couple of days. It's right that it resembles to Pour Homme but the current versions, not 1994 version. It has nothing to do with 1994 version at all. It is like a D&G Pour Homme but in a soapy Prada style.. Because this is really soapy!! What it is not bad... It's just ok, but any of the soapy Pradas are much better than this one.

What I can't understand is why they name this fragrance "Intenso" when it is not an intense version at all. The same with "eau de parfum" when there are millions of "eau de toilette" much more potent than this one.

It has a decent longivity and stay really close to the skin after 1st hour. Could be an option for an office scent or something I would wear in an interior (dinner at home, for example). It's not offensive at all.

Sorry but, once again, a new release disappoints me, in this case D&G.

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

I sampled it and it's not good or bad. For me it smells like an unoffensive office scent for older men. You can't compare it to the original D&G Pour homme. It's darker and it smells smokey to me.

Maybe i have too high expectations from D&G because i really love The One.

Migalex
Migalex

I would classify it as typically aromatic forgere rather than woody aromatic. I do not see anything creative here. I find it very bitter and the aquatic note is quite preeminent. I personally do not like any of these groups, aquatic and fougere, and when I wore it I just felt like rubbing it off. But that is me.

Bretto66
Bretto66

I can see D&G attempting to bring us something different here. But it just doesn't work. As for introducing Bran into the perfume I have one word for them. WHY! Colin Farrell must be hard up for cash to put his face to this one.

Bbjr

I will apologize up from for being critical but D&G must be hurting for cash. I'm not sure what this is an intense version of but it's certainly not the original D&G for men. I would provide an opinion on the ddrydown but it never got there. The smell was gone after 20 minutes. I don't get putting out an inferior fragrance like this.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Aromatic Fougere of short stature. Lavender, lavender and only lavender ..... of intensive there is nothing.

mntsrck
mntsrck

Nah......pass for this one I still like the made in Italy version better.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I can see why people have mixed feelings about this one. It starts as a very different, very modern take on the CURRENT formulation of D&G Pour Homme. I think this is not what people were expecting. The intenso moniker suggests a dark, heavier rendition, something with heavy tobacco, dark herbs/florals, and woodsy notes. What we get is a softer, sweeter concoction which only seems to amplify the citrus note. But after this dries down, the basil-citrus-amber combo is indeed more intense and more potent than the CURRENT Pour Homme formula, providing a richer and more compelling experience. Its not a return to the 90s formula - its a modern take on the 90s version with a rich composition by today's designer standards. I give it a 8/10.

I didn't mean to try this Intenso, but I was at dept.store with my bf one day and a handsome male SA gave me a perfumed card. There was a big factice bottle on counter and the moment I was staring at it the SA sprayed a card and gave it to me. I could not say "no, thanks".
So my experience is based solely on paper and not on skin, because the moment we smelled it neither myself nor my bf wanted to try it on skin. I was curious on him but he refused. He said: "It smells too much like male cologne!"
I will never understand men.
So based on the card I can say this is very strong and not very pleasant because it smells like a mess of any pungent note around. My bf maybe at loss with words, but he was right in a sense.
It smells like you expect the typical male cologne would smell since ages, only stronger. I mean it in a cultural stereotyped way.
I'm not attracted by pungent perfumes. I kept the card and smelled it again at different stages. No note was coming out standing. Maybe cypress later, which I really like, but it was submerged by other notes. I hoped for something similar to first original Moschino for men, but no.
Once at home I put it on the entrance shelf.
It was killing me any time I passed by. In the end I had to trash it.
I'm not a fan of any D&G perfume.
Anyway this was not tested on any known skin, so I don't know how it behaves on chemistry.

Stromboli
Stromboli

I m lucky enough to own three brand new 75ml bottles of the legendary juice. I ve been wearing D&G since 1994!!!!!!
So, read carefully:

1. 2009 "German version" is awful

2. 2012 UK Reform much better but no sillage

3. Intenso will NEVER be a 1994 ersatz though it does project a bit more than the edt version.

4. If you can't grab a 1994 bottle, get yourself intenso even if it's NOT a great improvement on the 2012 pour homme.

5. I'll stick to the original 1994 and cherish my bottles, sorry ;-)

adamhabib
adamhabib

I also found it to be exactly like the original before reformulation! but we need people who still have a bottle of the original to test them side by side and let us know how much this one is an intense version of the original. I'm optimistic.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

I don't understand the hate on this. This smells exactly like D&G Pour Homme before reforms. This is a deeper version. If this was the intention, they succeeded. Period.

jozemo
jozemo

smells like a masculine laundry detergent or quality air fresher, I did not dislike the scent ,but it is nothing new or original abount this parfum.

GinoK
GinoK

Was excited about this but sampled it in Istanbul airport, didnt like it at all

lovetribe
lovetribe

finally came back the old dolce & gabbana homme.ok notes are different but for some strange alchemy old d & g is back stronger than ever !!!!!!!!! performance crazy !!!!!! 8+

olkandelrey
olkandelrey

Original and reformulations of D&G Pour Homme had been my signature scent for years and years. It just got worse and worse, and this one is the worst one! I was actually, so hopeful.. Since I've tried it today. Not a big disappointment, a HUGE disappointment !

First moments are very similar to the D&G Pour Homme, after 5 minutes, it basically smells like a detergent softener and very close to the skin, like you need to literally lean your nose and try your best for a good sniff...

It is nothing but just a diluted version of the original one... I've experienced the same story with D&G The One, too, It just got worse and worse.. Poor contents, weak sillage, short longevity... There's only two good things about it, one is the bottle. It really looks nice and exciting, the second one is , as far as I can get, the lavender note is lighter in this one, so at least for me, it is a good thing. Because it was giving me headache sometimes, when I over applied it. But that's about it. This is the latest point where I gave up with D&G perfumes. Bravo D&G !

General Score : 2.7 / 10
Longevity : 2 / 10
Sillage : 3 / 10
Scent : 3 /10

Please, D O N O T B U Y !

shayz
shayz

i checked it today!!
Excellent soft soapy soapy soapy Scent.
its very similar to the German version but Much more cleane and soft.
I do not understand why there are so many dislike on this Baby
It's smells great and Get a lot of compliments.
It's Definitely not Intenso This should be stronger but not.
I really like this version Good job on this one but I think the best smell of all the Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme formulas its the first one made in italy

scent:10:(The drydown is very good)
longivity:9 (more than 12 hours close to the skin)
sillage:8
overall:big 9 And a lot of respect
Very good fragrance

groover
groover

Tried it today, im not sure what i expected
but it was not intense as i thought. The bottle itself
makes you want so much to like it, i do however
like it , but i am not stunned by the smell in anyway,
but at least the drydown is very good with a tobacco vibe.

Erubit
Erubit

Like the poster below me stated, this fragrance does smell like the original; however a very softer version of it and a tad bit more powdery. It's still a very good fragrance.

It's not going to smack you in the face off the bat. I think that may be some of the reasoning for the mixed reviews from reviewers for what they expect from an eau de parfum version. This is a fragrance where you're going to have to spray more amount than usual or go a little heavier to make an impact but when you do, it's a gorgeous scent. It's hard to overdo this fragrance and it does last a long time.

Waited a couple of days since purchase to make my verdict on this one because when I first sprayed it on for work, I wasn't very impressed. The second day I did a couple of extra sprays on my neck and wrist and got some compliments. I'll give it either an 8.5 maybe 9 out of 10.

matty64
matty64

This does smell a lot like the original D & G Pour Homme formula. Most likely because of the lackluster reformulation of the aforementioned original.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Tried this one the other night and really liked it. To my nose this was a total throwback of the original '94 formulation that was my staple in the 90s. (My mind was immediately flooded with images of Euro discotechs, Pulp, and memories of sandy beaches.) Will have to give this one a full wearing, but so far so good.

D&G has returned? We'll have to see.

Dad jax
Dad jax

I like the soapy wibe its nice i had a chance to spray this at my friends house recently, i fired 6 heavy sprays while going out for a dinner party from his house, its cool a bit smell like La homme perfume version with more fresh lemon but the projection is very weak in half an hour, almost a skin scent in 30 to 40 mins and stays around 4 to 5 hours top and then fades away without a trace..
I wanted to buy before but now i wont, yes indeed if i get a gift i will use it, for me projection and longevity really matters.
I fail this one due to poor longevity and projection, however the scent is rated 6.5/10
THE SCENT IS OK BUT VERY WEAK IN PROJECTION AND LONGEVITY.

dolcethadon

I just find some of these bashful reviews so funny.. They do not really make any sense.. Judge this scent for what it is not what it isn't.. Intenso was being bashed and disliked before the scent was even released.. Than it was being bashed and disliked by "The One" fans for no good reason at all.. Now it is being bashed because it is not the same as the original vintage 1994 Italy formula of Pour Homme.. Of course it is going to be different from the vintage! This is a flanker to the modern 2012 formula of Pour Homme not a flanker to the vintage formula.. I also do not know why people are bashing it for being soapy? Pour Homme is very soapy so why wouldn't the flanker be soapy also? Not only are people bashing Intenso because it is not the same as Pour Homme, but these same people obviously do not even really know much about Pour Homme at all.. If you are classifying Pour Homme as a "marine" or "aquatic" fragrance in your reviews than I think you need to do a tiny bit more research before you start reviewing any of these fragrances..

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

wow this is so underwhelming... i love and cherish the original dolce and gabbana pour homme, even the reformulated 2009 one is good but this???
first its not related in any shape or form to the tobacco marine deepness of the original one. This is cheap cheap synthetic urban male accord. It has a laundry detergent thing to it among basic traditional "masculine" aromatics. yaaawn...

josevancouver
josevancouver

I originally had no interest in purchasing this fragrance as I thought it would be too similar to the Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme which I owned ten years ago (the revered 'original' version) and didn't like because I just felt the citrus/tobacco combo didn't work for me. Was at a local department store and they had a tester out, so I gave it a few sprays.....and I liked it. Very clean scent with the lavender but a sweeter, darker version of the original that I feel is more wearable to me.

I have read numerous comments comparing this fragrance to the original version, issues with the reformulations and hopes that 'The One' will eventually have an intense version. Lost in some of this discussion is that there is a new fragrance/flanker called Intenso.

I prefer to just focus on THIS fragrance as it smells to me. I like it. It's a nice, clean and sexy fragrance. I can see this getting some nice compliments. Longevity and projection seem fine as well. Those who have smelled Intenso may feel differently. Give this one a chance before bashing it if you haven't tried it yet.

amir68
amir68

I encountered DGPH Intenso by accident today! After I've heard and read a lot about this intenso/ Intense version I must say that I love the original 1994 version and I liked 2012 DGPH. But all I got and smelled from DGPH Intenso was intense soap, sadly but true! Sorry, D&G! I'll be waiting until you come up with much better intense scent!
Cheers and Happy New Year

Codino
Codino

its a good scent smells soapy at first (like the blue FA soap)then when it dries down smells similar to the original D&G but longevity isnt that great.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Its a good fragrance, but i do like original more. This version is close, but somewhat sweeter. Longevity is not much better, unfortunately...(at least on my skin).

Wise-222
Wise-222

WT" after all of these years,this is the result a smell
of ''goat with cheap grass scent'' ,it is very clear
they need only your money by any way,they don't care if you are satisfy or not or happy with their products,they are looking to your pocket that is it.

nothing intersting at all ,nothing new only the color of the bottle is darker than before with the word ''intenso''
if you can't make something better than the old version
leave it as it is ,otherwise surprise us with the new scent .

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

I dont know why all this dislike. I think you misjudged it. this fragrance is beautiful, it has a classical aromatic scent of the 80s. so here my review on this frag. so, when I first spray it I got confused a little bit, but then my nose got used on the smell so I smelled an aromatic green herbal mixture between hay, lavender and basil, and I think the basil is stonger than the rest but didn't last long until the smell of tobacco came with sandalwood or you can say a woody smell it lasted only for an hour, and then all I smelled for next maybe 3 hours was soap.. the longevity is moderate and the sillage is heavy for like half an hour maybe and moderate after that. so don't get hasty to judge this you must at least try it for a week or 5 days to evaluate it correctly..
longivity:7
scent:9:
sillage:7
overall:8

crimsondream
crimsondream

It's a very intriguing one! It has a soapy and green/basil smell, i tested it on the fly when i visited a perfume shop here in Casablanca,Morocco. My buddy had the same reaction and said the same thing as me, he talked about fresh luxury soapiness but with other intriguing ingredients. I will definitely try it again

CDGfan
CDGfan

This fragrance starts off similar to the original 2012 version of DPH but disintegrates in the drydown. I find it had the potential to be a very good fragrance, but is very tepid and lacks depth. Relative to other releases, this is good, but in comparison with the original formula of DPH it lacks depth. Also, all these IFRA restrictions are taking a toll on fragrances, hence the perfumers true vision for a fragrance cannot be realized. Which is highly likely the case here.

dolcethadon

The note breakdown above is a bit mixed up and not complete.. The official note breakdown from Dolce & Gabbana is below..

Official Note Breakdown :

Top notes: Basil, Aquatic notes, Marigold, Geranium

Heart notes: Lavender, Tobacco, Absolutes of Bran and Hay, Clary Sage, Cypress

Base notes: Sandalwood, Musky notes, Ambery notes, Moepel accord, Labdanum

I believe I am one of the first people in the USA to own this fragrance! I got lucky for once in my life and got a very good deal! I wore this fragrance twice now and find that is is quite stunning! It is a intense flanker to the reformulated 2012 re-released modern version of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme.. Intenso still contains the new Pour Homme DNA, and I am very happy about that.. Intenso opens up somewhat fresh due to the use of the aquatic notes.. Although the actual aquatic notes are not very noticeable at all, they just give this somewhat dark warmer scent a fresher brighter opening.. The lavender lends that same soapiness that Pour Homme has.. Than as the scent warms up the tobacco vibe starts to become more noticeable.. The bran and the hay definitely deepen the tobacco and give Intenso more of a tobacco vibe than the new Pour Homme.. The whole tobacco vibe is done in a more modern way which is clearly different from the strong tobacco in the original vintage Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme.. The moepel accord lends a nice slight sweetness to the scent along with a tiny touch of amber that is also in there.. I will have to wear this fragrance more to get to know it better, but I can definitely say that I am impressed! D&G did a great job with this flanker!

AND-MAT

The packaging and the inclusion of "intenso" in the name are so misleading! It's either that or I just don't really know what "intenso" really means!

Dark black/brown bottle tricked me to think that this is a woody, ambery, resinous, or smoky fragrance. Nope! It's not even spicy... It's in fact Soapy! Yes... Soapy!

Fine... Soapy it is... But, what about the smell itself? I must admit, it is quite unique as I never smelled a similar fragrance. I only wish it was a bit different. For me it is too harsh. It needs something to smoothen it up. It's not particularly strong, but the smell seems dry.

And if you think that intenso means intense, think again. D&G knows better because this is not intense at all... Soft projection and less lasting power than the original pour homme tells me to open my italian dictionnary.

6/10 for the unique weird smell!

lt114
lt114

Notes of hay, bran, and moepel accord. Mmmm

maxlight
maxlight

A big disappointment. A muted and synthetic version of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. I agree with antonpan - there is a feel on tonka, not the sweet tonka, but tonka that makes the fragrance subtle. 3/10. The better name for this is Dolce & Gabbana Pour Hpomme Legere.

Gault

D&G PH actually smells like chamomile and hay to me(among many other notes), especially the vintage version.
You know that an average fragrance contains tens and often hundreds of ingredients, right? The listed notes are just a fraction of the actual list, a minor guide, a marketing technique to intrigue the customers.

dolcethadon

@Gault - It is very disappointing to hear such a negative review about this scent.. I hope it is not as bad as you say it is.. Anyway I just felt the need to clarify that there is no "chamomile" in Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme and there never was.. Some people state that it smells like chamomile, but there is no chamomile in the fragrance at all..

Gault

I love the original BUT didn't had any expectations, it was just a nice surprise seeing this on shelves.
Until I smelled it. I'm not sure D&G has ever made such a boring fragrance as this.

Different than PH, which is by the way at least 10 times more intense ironically.

Lets try to illuminate what I feel in this, what I feel about this:

Like a shade of some parts of the original, less lavender, less tobacco, less citrus, less camomile if any, less potent and fewer ingredients, just a barely noticeable, weak meh safe scent without ANY personality.
If it makes any sense, it feels just like an unfinished base of a pending fragrance idea.
Very incomplete, especially compared to the richness of PH. If I weren't encountered it at a well known drugstore, I would doubt its originality.

pleinsoleil
pleinsoleil

I smelled this perfume and I like it. I am offering it at christmas .

antonpan
antonpan

It is already being sold in Russia and I had the opportunity to test it today. Edp concentration, three sizes: 40, 75, 125. The bottle is awesome - the same shape as Pour Homme / Light Blue have, but now in black with brown cap.

The smell was surely conceived as an intense version of Pour Homme, in fact INTENSO is a modern, well round version. The scents are still close to each other. They removed all the zesty and bitter citrusy notes from Pour Homme that could be perceived as old fashioned and replaced them by tonka and subdued tobacco in the base. As a result INTENSO is not stronger, but clearer, smoothier, milder. I would describe it as soapy fresh leathery aromatic. Unlike Pour Homme it doens't develop notably from the opening to base being permanent.

The longevity and sillage are average. I'm not a fan of the regular Pour Homme and I don't find anything really new in INTENSO. However, the smell is quite unique for the market, they took the beautiful formula from 90's and made it contemporary.

egeliegeli
egeliegeli

Markanın ismiyle parfüm satıyorlar; ama diğer markaların kokularıyla karşılaştırılınca çok basit duruyor D&G'nın kokuları genelde

dolcethadon

I am extremely excited about this new Intenso.. D&G Pour Homme has been my signature scent since I was a young teen! After 20 years they decided to release a Intense flanker to the classic masterpiece.. I am going to buy this as soon as it is available..

Mikeyb50
Mikeyb50

It'll be interesting to see how Dolce & Gabbana perform with an eau de parfum, I can see them using this a test run for a future release of The One eau de parfum

eric.cius
eric.cius

Definitely on my want list. My favourite fragrances come from this house and I doubt this will disappoint.

Dirk
Dirk

and there another company following the eau de parfum or parfum version trend. for men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso , you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.