Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

L`eau The One Dolce&Gabbana for women

L`eau The One Dolce&Gabbana for women
dislike

I have it: 349 I had it: 161 I want it: 299 My signature: 10

L`eau The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures L`eau The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

New, fresher edition of the perfume The One by the house of Dolce & Gabbana,with variation of notes of the original The One edition from 2006 was presented. The perfume L`eau The One is available as 50 ml EDT and 75 ml EDT. L`eau The One was launched in 2008.

Bergamot Litchi Peach Tangerine

The One Lace Edition
Sweet & Sour Perlato
Zara Black Amber

L`eau The One Fragrance Reviews

That fragrance I cannot enjoy. Too strong, too much lily, lily of the valley and amber.
I don't enjoy the original The One, but Rose The One was quite promising and so I decided to try this one.
Unfortunately this is more similar to The One.
It's overpowering, sharp, suffocating...just too much.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Beautiful,creamy sweet and sensual this is L'Eau The One in my opinion. I love the EDP but I must admit this one is a precious gem among The One flankers.
It's slightly lighter than the EDP but lasts a good bunch of hours.
Perfect for summer evenings if you don't want to wear the usual citrus-fruity and you will be positively noticed

daredevil
daredevil

Sophisticated, sweet and really intimate! Its powdery sense makes some air of charm but its light sweetness gives the femme inteligence <3 love it

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

The opening is only alcohol!
So light and cheap smelling even afterwards!
If you like the composition, just get the eau de parfum edition which smells real perfume and is divine!

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

I have tried the original The One a few times this past year. I really like the opening, and the middle, but the dry down is just too much of something. I can't put my finger on what it is. I would usually have to scrub it off at the dry down.

So, I just ordered a sample of l'eau The One because I can't find it anywhere where I live. It is so perfect I can't believe it! It has a delicious warmth and creaminess to it. Not too sweet. It is not too much of any one thing. I feel cuddly and sophisticated when I have it on. Perfect for the winter. I really want a bottle!

bonbonka6
bonbonka6

It smells a lot like the orginal The one, but watered down and much more wearable - nice yummy vanilla scent.

stinkygirl
stinkygirl

I just tried the sample of D & G leau the one and I think it smells exactly like the one, which I already have. I cant tell any difference at all.

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

My mom wears this so I have a maternal association with it. I'm not saying it smells old, it doesn't. It's warm, with vanilla and oriental flowers. Sophisticated. I actually have a little resentment toward my mom because she gets to wear such a beautiful scent! I'd steal it from her but it's hers, I'll just have to find my own signature scent ;) It's a beautiful fragrance that will always have a special place in my heart thanks to my mom.

My man bought this for me on Valentine's, along with his The One for Men as "couple perfume". To be honest I LOVE the male version. For this one, it's very sharp for me.

What I think about it, from the very first time I smelled it until now, is white magnolia. I keep saying to myself "magnolia magnolia... definite magnolia...". Do I love magnolia? No. It's a nice scent but in Asia, we have too much magnolia on the streets, pagodas, gardens, and it is sometimes a headache in summer. I find it nicer in spring. I makes you feel like you are picking magnolias from the wet ground after the spring cold rain.
I agree with someone here that it smells the same after 1 hour, 3 hours or even 6 hours. And yes of course it last very long on me. I love my man and I appreciate his choice for me, I give myself more tries to see whether I somehow love this scent :D :D, but I am still on the way, such a stubborn picky nose hey! :D

On the contrary, my boyfriend (British) LOVES it. He notices it every single time I wear it. He kisses my back neck and says I smell divine,...

sofababe
sofababe

I do love this one. But it's practically impossible to get in UK :-( It still shows on the D&G web site as a current fragrance but there are no actual shops selling it, just a few online. The main dept stores and Boots etc are either no longer listing it or showing it as out of stock for the last few months. Cheapsmells have it at a good price but anywhere else online is expensive.

I think I actually prefer this version to the original, it lasts just as long and the projection is just as good but not quite so heavy, more suitable for daytime/milder weather. I adore the dominant peach which lasts throughout the lifetime of the scent. Very similar to the original The One but in my opinion more wearable. Cheapsmells, here I come.

castellot
castellot

For me this is too heavy on the vanilla and I have had nasty headaches each time I have tried it. I swear that I can smell tobacco too! Vanilla, tobacco and the faintest of faint fruit.
Predictably, since I don't like it, the longevity is around 6-8 hrs (whereas my favourites only seem to last about 2hrs...Le sigh...)
It may not be my cup of tea, but I have had compliments from other people when I wear it, so I guess my it goes to show that it is all a matter of different tastes!

KIARA85
KIARA85

pure vanilla and very wearable

*_koko_*
*_koko_*

I have "The one"....well..I don't find any difference between "The one" and "L'eau the one".. Like it of course.. :)

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Basically just a lighter version of The One. If the original was too strong for you or gave you headaches, try this. Little heavier on the fruits and lighter on the base notes. Still great sillage and longevity. The vanilla causes the juice to turn a gorgeous light amber over time. The bottle is really polished and sophisticated, in my opinion. Great buy, a warm, sweet must-have for winter.

The One being a bit too rich for me, this version is perfect. Basically a fresher lighter version of the original, easier to wear , still as distinctive as the original, in a softer way..
Lovely, I really like it, the vanilla isn't as boozy as in the original, and on me longevity is good,pretty vanilla scent, still quite stylish and modern.The lychee gives it a more bubbly edge, deliciously sweet..a welcome flanker in my opinion, not everyone likes the boozy quality of the original.

jellytot
jellytot

Powdery and sexy. Great night out scent, but can be used for day if you are feeling yourself that day.
Its a good pick me up.

millefleur
millefleur

The original perfume I had a few years earlier, it was my favorite, but I love this L'eau the one version much better! It's a very nice scent for me, I'm always happy, if i wear it! And very longlasting (for me at least).

PoeDiggity
PoeDiggity

Not sure why so many people smell vanilla, this sits on my skin like an over bearing powdery Lilly, all i smell is wedding reception

This is my second round with L'eau the One. I like it, don't love it. Its sweet, girly, flirty and wow-longlasting on my skin(over 8 hours). L'eau the One is just so sweet I can stand and i like the plum/peach/vanilla-notes, they are nice mixed with a splash of wood and amber in basenote. If you spray to much this will be a room-killer. In basenote I also can detect a toffee-note.

Detta är andra rundan med L'eau the One. Jag gillar den men jag älskar den inte. Den är söt, tjejig, flirtig och superhållbar på min hud (över 8 timmar. L'eau the One är precis så söt jag klarar utan att tycka att den är sliskig, jag gillar plommon/persika/vanilj-mixen, basen ger en dos tränoter och amber oxå. OM du sprejar på för mycket så blir det en kvävande och tung doft. I basnoten känner jag även en kola/toffee-not.

gomt
gomt

Love at first sniff: L'eau the One is such a delightful blend of vanilla, musk, fruit (I detect lychee most of all) and white flowers! Plus it's gorgeously powdery, like Penhaligon's Artemisia or Salvatore Ferragamo's Signorina (I love both - and both for the powdery sweetness).

It's feminine, warm and seductive, but without crossing the border, so it can be safely worn in the office.

On me it lasts at least 10 hours, heavy to moderate sillage. At first it may be overpowering, but after a quarter it quiets down to wearable.

sebnemlevent
sebnemlevent

its a parfum with personality :)

4downtheshore
4downtheshore

This may be my perfect scent.It has all the notes I love in one beautiful bottle! The true test will be my husbands reaction. To be continued...

dovey
dovey

Smells like The original but in a lighter version & here the musky notes do appear on the top....

justluvscents
justluvscents

I just bought this perfume and it smells so nice , more of a fall scent though
I have been searching for the body lotion and cannot find it anywhere
Can anyone help :-)

nightcat23
nightcat23

A beautiful soft light spring fragrance. Also great for wearing to the office as it wouldn't offend anyone and get in anyone's face.

napiergirl
napiergirl

FIRSTLY ... I am in love!!!! This perfume has ticked all my boxes .I knew it was a match made in heaven by the notes it contained ..much beta than the orginal for me . Ultra feminine without being safe and lacking sexy,but not so sexy it would limit its use . Sweet but not sickly its just so perfect ...jasmine ,lily ,plum ,vanilla and fruit in perfect harmony . Just like the first a synergy of magic but this time there is a bit more confidence and freshness.Perfect ...there is nothing to add.
OK ....had this for a week now and sadly it doesnt last long ...which is part of its charm that its soft but it costs enough ...maybe in summer it will have a bit more presence...i hope so ...and in the mean time i will enjoy going crazy and spraying as much as i like .

This fragrance reminds a lot the original The One, only it's a little bit lighter and less sweet with the noticeable seductive plum note.

It's sweet and yummy, too. Like in The One, the most noticeable notes are the radiant mandarin note, the tasty lychee note and the beautiful lily note mixed with a lot of vanilla, only plus the seductive plum note. And the bergamot note saves this fragrance from being too sweet and intensive like in the original, too.

First I preferred L`eau The One to The One, maybe because I'm a huge enough plum note lover. But now I prefer The One, because it's more intensive. But anyway, they both are sexy and catchy!

Jazzku
Jazzku

I absolutely LOVE the original EDP, so i bought this after only a quick test on my wrist. The plan was to wear this as a daytime version of it for the winter months. However, this manages to give me a slight headache most days. Maybe a stronger musk note ruins this version for me.. Will try to use it again next winter.

Aspendina
Aspendina

very powdery and I wasn't even looking for a scent like that, but this is like a warm cozy blanket. I just want to keep smelling myself and snuggle up in a blanket with this scent next to a fire, with some relaxing/classical music in the background and get out a good book. Such a wonderful, cozy, warm, snugly scent. This is a MUST HAVE!!!

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is very much so beachy scent; sea and sand wrapped with white flowers and soft musky base. It is too light, somewhat watered down if you will. Needs more concentrated power, other than that it is quite nice light summery scent.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

i love you.
i can end my review here and be satisfied.
i can ignore all the astounded timbre voicings of
why do you need all this perfume? what will you do with them?
i am too far gone when i wear this. its a dream to me.
it is me.
sensual yet shy, sweet yet respected, a jewel yet accessible.
i have heard of "skin" scents and to me this is it.
D&G, the world will agree if you had named this
The Perfect One

i love you

AshDiCar
AshDiCar

This smells almost identical to the original The One. The opening is dominated by the litchi, or maybe it just seems that way because I really dislike that note. Once I emerge from the litchi cloud it's all good. The dry-down really is very beautiful. I just love it and it's worth waiting through the opening and mid notes for me. When I spray it on, I just make sure to wait a couple hours before smelling my wrist and by then the scent has morphed into something very sensual, warm and inviting.

miss hiss
miss hiss

I just bought this without really testing it. Never done that before. It now sits waiting on my dresser. I'm afraid. I don't know why. =)

Ronnirenae
Ronnirenae

My man loves this smell on me....I only got a sample

Casandra
Casandra

I have been wearing this on and off for some time. People always have something nice to say when i am wearing it. I couple it with the body lotion and it lasts all day. It is fresh but with a subtle powdery smell. I tried the one and didnt like it much but L'eau the one is one of my favourites.

zatenhaar
zatenhaar

I hated it.I was seduced but it but after a few weeks its just became to sweet for me. Eventhough it was the l'eau version it was still to suggary for me.

Breath fashion
Breath fashion

dolce and gabbana the one has been my all time favorite perfume . i recently tried this version the L'eau the one and i love it even more ...its much sweeter than the original version..love it....smell disappears in an hour

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Eau the One smells like peach topped with Vanilla ice cream. It is marketed as sophisticated and sexy, but to me, it is just delicious without being typically sweet, plain, safe Vanilla. Eau the one, though an EDT, lasts a couple of hours on me. This almost syrupy scent is heavy on the peach.

Nathalia
Nathalia

Je cherchais un parfum assez fruité et un peu gourmand mais pas trop prononcé, ni nauséeux (comme plusieurs que j'ai essayé).
Ici, le litchi et la pêche sont bien équilibrés avec la vanille. Il est frais et sensuel tout à la fois.

I was looking for a fruity perfume with sweet notes but not too strong or cloying (as many that I've tried). The litchi and the peach here are well balanced with the vanilla. It's fresh and sensual, at the same time.

von dita
von dita

The first sniff knocked me down.It is heavy,overwhelming,it gives me the headache.The only scent that I can smell is vanilla and it is not what I was hoping for.

pure_dreamer
pure_dreamer

This is the Best womans fragrance I know! alone with Viva La Juicy

Your man will LOVE THIS STUFF! take it from a guy!;)

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Several times I tried them and EDP. I do not like this vanilla. Is too much of toilet in EDT more than EDP . I′m sorry , perhaps on other skin nicely smells.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

It is very much like The One, just a little lighter, perfect for spring. The opening is more refreshing. On my skin I can smell a creamy litchi and a sirupy peach. The vanilla is not overpowering, which is good because i am not a vanilla lover. Well-balanced.
However I prefer the original The One because it has stronger lasting power.

Dr. Smellgood
Dr. Smellgood

I can understand this scent not being someone's favorite, but to dog on it so badly as some have suggest to me that a few of ya'll ought to see an ENT and have your nose checked out. This scent is floral, and robust, and sweet WITHOUT being overpowering. On the skin, it's soft and feminine, and to be quite blunt, a woman wearing this around me stands a very real chance of getting her neck nibbled. ;) This is my all time favorite woman's perfume.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

I must echo siv55 on this one--"L'eau dear!" Maybe I'll add "Oh, L'eau they didn't!" I bought a small sample of this because, fun-loving chlorinated water critter that I am, I was attracted to the "L'eau." I am a sucker for anything that says L'eau, water, H20, Aqua, Acqua, Ocean, etc...despite my tale of woe in seeking an aquatic that works with my body chemistry.

Anyway...I really should have checked the notes on this site first for any actual Aqua in it! There isn't any! And what's worse--when I uncorked the little sample vial (after some difficulty), the screechingly sweet smell that shot out was so overpowering that I couldn't even bring myself to put it on my skin! I recorked it and let my neighbor have it. L'eau, well.

twillocks
twillocks

I really like this and to me it favors Allure. Just enough spice and floral. Wonderful

Siv55
Siv55

I apologise for this one in advance.

To me, this smelt like a festering wound under a days old plaster. Sorry. That's all I got from it. No, I don't want to go try it again and see if my nose was having an off day, or the scent itself was off, or reinvestigate it when the weathers changed, or anything else. I just don't want to go there again.

All I can say is, L'eau dear!

mimi88
mimi88

too sweet, resembles me honeysucles. i bought 50ml bottle and tries to like it, really tried,as i am a fan of sweet perfumes. but today i finally sold it and gladly buy something else :)also too powdery, nothing special

ssdreamer
ssdreamer

This yummy, gorgeous perfume became one of my signature scents last year.
After receiving a small sample of it, I fell in love with it at first smell :)
It smells very decadent--- like chocolate and oranges in my opinion :)
The staying power is LONG, which is a good thing.
Every time I wear it, someone comments they love what I'm wearing :)

Helsinki
Helsinki

Childhood and cheap children's bubble gums that came with stickers and kids' tattoos. Whenever one feels nostalgic and wants a bubblegum fix, this is the fragrance.

Wonderful scent - just so sweet I can stand, without dislike it. Stays for many hours on my skin. New favourite! The basenote is a little bit powdery and I can also find a small hint of leather and toffee - and they are not includeed in the perfum. Eau de Toilette-version.

Härlig doft som överraskade mig! Öppnar fruktigt sött men det söta djupnar strax ner i en mjukare o varmare ton. Basnoten är aningens pudrig med en hint av läder och kola - de är inte inkluderade i doftnoterna alls.. Sitter länge på huden, 4-5 timmar. Eau de Toilette- versionen

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Sugar plum fairies dancing on a cloud of vanilla & cotton! Delicate, sweet, and fruity. Beautiful jasmine and lily make this very desirable. It's sexy, yet innocent with a creamy (amber & moss) dry down, too. There is powerdy finish which I don't mind either.

Although it's an EDT, it holds beautifully on the skin.

It is just as lovely as The One, but every note seems more enhanced and is projected better on me. My fave of the Trio!

Amarantta
Amarantta

Gorgeous perfume.
It´s very elegant, modern, feminine.

The best of trinity The One and Rose the One.

rockcity
rockcity

I prefer the original THE ONE, this edition is way too sweet for my taste, I had it but gave it way to my friend.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

I like it but it smells a lot like my Guess for Women. I do have to say I get compliments on this. I think it is much better than the original The One which I found to be stifling , too strong.

guest_mysticblondetiger
guest_mysticblondetiger

Just got the sample today, this is now my new crush! OMG it is beautiful.....

guest_meche-mty
guest_meche-mty

Me gusta mucho este perfume es muy glamoroso y sexy.Llevo usandolo cerca de 2 años.
Es mi favoritooooo.

This to me is slightly similar to baby rose by versace from the jeans line. Baby rose has the same sweet but powdery smell but not horrid baby powder like channel No.5 I think they are very similar but that could be just me.

heavenbelle
heavenbelle

I think I consider L'eau the one as my top perfume. I don't find it as cloying in fact no matter how many sprays I use on me, this will not give me headaches like some of my perfumes. It's easily distinguishable I can recognise the smell quickly whenever someone else is wearing it. This is the best among "the one" series. Although this is an EDT, the lasting power is excellent compared to Rose the one which is an EDP. As I always tell myself this could be the only fragrance I will buy again when the current bottle I have is already used up. <3

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

I love this fragrance. It is so sexy and it makes me feel beautiful when I wear it. Hubby loves it as well so A++ in my book :)

For those who found the One too strong or "cloying", this One may be The One for you...

It is bascically the same mix only in a slightly lighter concentration. I expected a stripped down watery version (L'Eau is the water) but no sir, this is the same sort of elegant juicy oriental floral with one difference: oakmoss in the drydown that gives it a woody green flavor, that to me is quite nice, but then I like mossy scents in general. The mandarin orange is replaced by the slightly lighter and fresher tangerine, adding a sparkly sweetness and the plum is lighter also, and it has an more airy floral body, but all things considered this is just as solid a scent as the original, just more suited for daytime wear in hotter temperatures-The One Fraiche?, The One Summer?-not really...more like the One Lite!

Sillage: close but good
Longevity: okay
Overall: 3/5

I expected to like this one better than The One , but actually preferred the more opulent original, my fave frag girl and Mom like this better, but they don't really do orientals like I do. The big surprise to me was Rose the One, I liked it better than both the other Ones! It really depends on when you are going to wear them and the temperature, but they're all quite good...

joybee88
joybee88

I quite like this one.
When you first spray it on, it's a bit too sharp. But it smooths into something else very quickly. A sweet, slightly powdery scent I can't quite put my finger on. And I can't stop sniffing my wrist.
But it's edt, doesn't last very long.

Update: I think I know why I've grown to really love this. It's the lychee, so juicy.
Also this makes the air around you smells really nice. For a light edt, this has presence.

Maki
Maki

As with The One (the original), I got a very pleasent, funny, hard to describe, bubblegum-ish sensation at first sniff and, although the middle- and base-notes do nothing for this scent (I mean: it's the same from first sniff till the end), I soon got tired of it and in the end it even got me irritated.

I'm beginning to think that I might as well avoid the modern scents cause this is what always happens when I try these...They get me bored because of the lack of fantasy...
Could these new fumes be an illustration of modern times???
Oh well...

Sissi
Sissi

Chicness for the younger crowd who does not want the usual aldehyde or big florals
from the 80's perfect translation for the gen Y girl who also does not want to smell
like baby soft a perfect scent for a twentysomething girl.

the opening is hard to describe' to my skin
the overbearing sweetness of Litchi with
the few second top drydown of tangerine
gives out a soapish texture which i find it a bit overwhelming and interesting
the peach is diluted and barely noticeable brings a bit of a crisp texture to the scent' Lilies with it's delicate petals makes this scent bright and effervescent.

dries the middle note of succulent plum
the basenotes is somewhat hard to detect
mainly because of the dominance of Litchi but i do decent a faint scent of musk but the amber is a bit stronger
also with vanilla with it's powdery dryness are very noticeable for me
this scent is to soapy to detect oakmoss
and vetiver.

the reason i cant bring myself to love this
i mean i like it and i don't hate it
but it's not my favorite because of it's
Sweet and soapy scent of litchi and it's a bit synthetic but still it's still a good perfume but what i love is the flacon elegant clean and refined that
reflects the modern woman.

jazzgirl
jazzgirl

I was really looking forward to trying this one. I thought it smelled great on the card I sprayed. However, this ended up being really strong on me, even when I only used a little and there wasn't much complexity to the scent. A disappointment.

guest_noukie
guest_noukie

Is it just me or do I smell something something simular to Instant by Guerlain?

guest_me
guest_me

This one is not a skinscent..

When I put it on, it smells so sharp, it almost hurts my nose..
But when I smell it around me in the 'air' it smells good and fresh. I wonder why it's a floral oriental, because I think it's very citrussy.. I'm also not a big fan of litchi, but in this one, at least I can stand it.
Just don't sniff it with your nose on your skin the first hour, then it smells to sharp!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Very ambitiously named: The One. Do not believe for a second that this really is THE ONE. So many better scents can lay claim to that title!

Thought the fruity top notes were nice but a bit synthetic. I do get the vanilla in the drydown.

A bit restrained bordering on boring. And...no length.

i get compliments on this all the time - especially from men. There is a warmth to it that I love and others notice as well

falovalo
falovalo

I really don't know what to say about this one. I can say that I don't like it, it smells odd somehow. There is no vanilla, no fruit. Maybe a little musty lily-of-the-valley. All in all, I'm not impressed.

I disagree that D&G L'EAU THE ONE is "fresher" than THE ONE. L'EAU THE ONE opens rather fruitily but then settles into a somewhat confusing drydown that seems somehow discordant to my nose.

According to the listed notes, the only difference between the original and the flanker (aside, no doubt, from proportions) is that L'EAU THE ONE contains oakmoss, which THE ONE does not. So I infer that it is the oakmoss that makes the drydown of L'EAU THE ONE less appealing than that of THE ONE. As a chypre lover, I am a big fan of oak moss, in the appropriate composition. Here it doesn't seem to work.

This flanker strikes me as a case of fiddling with something that didn't need to be fixed. I definitely prefer the original THE ONE, which seems more coherent and generally more pleasant.

ktv0926
ktv0926

The opening surprised me by the scent of lemon candies, a bit childish and not at all what I expected from L`eau The One. Later on, it develops into sweet but still slightly citrusy vanilla and I can also detect lily of the valley. Not bad if it were a teen fragrance, but for the price tag it has and the name of Dolce & Gabbana - don't think so.

amber_glow
amber_glow

I liked it. Citrusy clean and fresh. Because of the advertisements I was expecting something sweet but this suprised me.

jae
jae

WOW. This is a nice, mellow but crisp/clean fragrance on me. The litchi and peach stay detectable throughout the duration of this fragrance. It never gets completely dominated by any musk or vanilla from the base. The lasting power is EXCELLENT (10 hours and the litchi is STILL there). Since this is rather unpopular in my area, gender-bending this one was EASY. I love it!!!

c3c
c3c

For me this starts out with a burst of lime, sweet lychee fruit and just a hint of peach that lingers for an hour or two, slowly changing to vanilla and honey/amber with a touch of lychee & soft peach remaining.

Many reviews say it doesn't last. I think it's not that it doesn't last, it's that the dry down lasts much longer than the initial burst and stays much closer to the skin. On me at least the dry down lasted for hours which is really how I started to like it.
You can wear this to bed, to run errands, to work, to go out, summer, winter, you get the idea. It's soft enough to be unoffensive anytime.

Add on ~ I finally got my hands on a mini of The One to compare, and they really are almost identical. L'eau the One is a bit softer but not much.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

All I can smell is vanilla and powder. Too warm and powdery for me.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I absolutely adore this scent. I've just purchased a bottle and can't get enough. I will say..as most others have that the lasting power leaves alot to be desired which is a shame. I'll just take it with me and re-apply when need be. It's always fun to spritz lol!! Ok so to describe it I would say it's got top notes of fizzy tropical fruit, and behind that there is a sort of plasticy sweet smell which can only be the amber. This perfume smells like fake sweet plastic when it's drying (In SUCH a good way though, I think it's brilliant). It's VERY similar to the original but it's more...airy..and a bit more fruity. Both perfumes are lovely, I just wish they did an Eau De Parfum of this. (Which is what I thought I was buying, but received an Eau De Toilette :(

Anyway..the drier stage is like a tangy plasticy amber. Gorgeous! It's quite different and I don't think it smells like anything else out there that I've smelled so far anyway.

Azzrian
Azzrian

Dry down on me is VERY ambery which is perfect as I will use straight amber resin frequently!
At first I did not like this perfume but gave it another shot and once the top notes are gone I simply adore it!

GIVE ME A BREAK
GIVE ME A BREAK

Well this was a surprise.I usually don t like dolce&gabbana,but this one is really good and intresting.It has a powdery smell which makes you think of babies and at the same time vanilla makes it very feminine.I just can t stop smelling it!However, its very light and it doen t have lasting power.You have to keep spraying:-(

Like the original, The One, this fragrance is also sweet but more subtly so.

Once again I sense a candy-like sweetness in the opening but this time it's far nicer. L'eau The One is a little similar to Emporio Armani Diamonds with its sweet fruity top notes.

I find L'eau The One to be quite sparkly and refreshing. The lightness really compliments the scent. It's the happier and free-spirited version of The One.

The drydown is mostly vanilla and woods, creamy like the original but no where near as rich and sensual. It's comforting and delicate to say the least.

The lasting strength is so-so which is a little bit of a disappointment however it hasn't deterred my liking for this fragrance. This is definitely my choice out of The One series.

Anahi
Anahi

I'm in love with this. I tested this today, and wow i was impressed. It's well composed, great for autumn/winter..i actually thought it'd be more aquatic from looking at it, but its lovely..sweet, fruity, floral and creamy!

danimcneil

i actually love the base notes the most! they smell like a warm honey to me. (mochachino, i saw.. and i can see why someone would smell that:)) but i really wanted this one to last. and i too, think it is more elegant than the original. i even sprayed it on my clothes and cant geit to stay... :( i envy that somehow it stays on you amelie!!!!

amelie
amelie

L'eau The One is really longlasting, probably you like very much top notes, which evaporate quickly, so you think that the fragrance was weak.
Good staying power on me as well, perhaps even a shade too strong, on my skin smells like a fine sun lotion in combination with a light woody fragrance....I like plum&vanilla part,the original The One is even less intriguing to me, while L'eau opens on a rather elegant way. I like this composition, though not my style.
But certainly tastes are different,it has to do with your body chemistry. Usually fragrant notes we love stayed too short while those less pleasant kept longer than we wanted.
The One was really too strong for me, L'eau is a wonderful fragrance, like it.Although I like the bottle I think it is so heavy and it is almost impossible to carry it in a purse.

danimcneil

so today i had a bottle of D&G l'eau the one and a bottle of Britney Spears Curious in my purse. i love the smell of the d&g but it literally lasts .2 seconds. I read on a few of these reviews that it lasts a long time. I can douse myself in this and not smell it seconds later. i though maybe it was just me, but i asked others, and they cant smell it either. i dont understand why D&G wouls make a perfume like this. the scent is great, but it has less strength than a body splash. Anyway, i had to put Britney Spears Curious on so i could actually enjoy my scent!

cottoncandice
cottoncandice

I adore L`eau The One. It opens with fresh litichis that are surprisingly vivd and juicy. Come along romantic lilies and jasmines that go on smoothly before it dries down to a creamy vanilla with an interesting hint of mochachino (result of tangerines and woods??). This is an easy to wear oriental floral that is warm, sweet, and very now.

I tried the scent on a damp and freezing Sunday morning, it magically gave me a lasting happy boost: I felt utterly cozy and blissful whenever I got a whiff of it for the entire day. Must be the hearty vanilla, or the sweet litchi or the friendly hint of roasted coffee... can't quite pin point it, perhaps it's the lovely combination of the lot and I simply can't get enough of it, hallelujah.

glitteralex
glitteralex

A very strange thing happened today. After giving samples of this scent to customers hundreds of times, we had to open a new tester bottle. The first tester smelled like a thin, medicore floral with some vague resinous base and synthetic wood. The new bottle, however, caught me from 10 feet away. It smelled great on the cotton, and called to me a few times throughout the day. Mind you, this is not my type of frag according to the notes. However, at the end of the day, I washed everything off and gave it a test spin. Even better than I had imagined! Something was very different about this bottle-I identified it as almond-it has a lactonic quality that gives roundness, body, stability, and legitimacy to all the other notes. The lilies joined symphonically. The plum and vanilla really dominated, with excellent longevity. I didn't get any of the weird cat pee aroma I often get in unbalanced peach frags. My daughter gets a gourmand vanilla note off me even hours later. I even noted some similarities to Amarige (Givenchy) and Amour Original by Kenzo! Honestly, men were hanging near me in the frozen food aisle!

b.n. these are tester bottles purchased in early 07/09 from a wholesaler.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This one is truly lighter than original The One. Original is quite strong, warm and very sweet.
L'eau The One smells almost the same to The One, but it calms down faster and is more friendly for warm weather (but I think not hot weather, this is more like for cooler summer days due to it's warmth).
I find it nice one, but personally would prefer the original one. At first it reminds original very much and you can think that it's almost the same.
I'm not getting much woods out of it, it's rather very soapy at first too. For me it's more peach (peach jam ;$), jasmine (a very little, not intense one), lily (not dominant either, but blended well), vanilla and a little vetiver. Lasting power is not zero at all and projection is quite good too.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

This and the original just do not mix well with me. It's a dry woods fragrance. The oakmoss and vetiver dominate.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Sampled in a magazine and this one really caught my attention. Very nice scent and I am going to purchase this one.

snobuni77
snobuni77

This perfume did not work with my skin:(It smelled very artificial to me & even a bit sour.I cant say what the sour note was because I had a hard time picking out single notes.I normally love the notes that this carries but sadly I couldn't recognized them here.It did last quite a while & was light enough to wear in the hot weather today.I can not compare this to the EDP because I fail to remember it exactly but from what I do remember this is less sweet,less fruity then the original.

sfsassy
sfsassy

L'eau The One smells like The One, just a hint lighter. i can not tell a huge difference. It's still great!

TJerria
TJerria

I love how this fragrance lingers. :)

This is great just like the original perfume.I don't have the original one now to compare them,but as I remember,the one has stronger and warmer scent than l'eau the one.in return this one is milder and more suitable for day wear.
if you like the mild floral scents in a modern way which are a bit powdery,this is the ONE for you.
I don't agree the categorization of oriental floral,to me it's just floral with some sweet hints of fruits at the first sniff.
between the middle notes,the strongest scene is lily and it's very feminine and incredible in this one.
I don't get any oakmoss after an hour.but it's a little bitter and woodsy,but still nice,like it's inviting you to dance.
after all,I should confess I like the bottle of the original more.this transparent bottle may make you think it's very light and "leger",but it's very similar to the original fragrance.both excellent.

mmizy
mmizy

this smells awful. Its smells like a person with body odor who threw on some baby powder and fruity body spray to cover it up. Too strong. not one nice thing to say about this. Gives me a headache too.

LoveScent
LoveScent

It does smell good. The vanilla is very potent in this perfume which I like. However, it does have a powdery smell which turns me off.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I had this, but I returned it. NOW I want it again. It smells REALLY good. Kinda fruity, but in a more grown up way than most scents. It lasts really long on me, so that's a plus!

frangipani
frangipani

I got a sample of this and think its ok but not knock off my chair luscious. Bit powdery for me plus I think it reminds me a bit of a fabric conditioner type smell. Weird...maybe that's just me!

XSX
XSX

It is nice smelling, reminds me a little bit of bubble-gum, but not too sweet. Unfortunately it is not remarkable at all( it doesn't deserve its name), you can barely feel it on yourself, and the lasting power is zero.

amanda

i smelled it, and for me its just the same like the original

Rock´n´roll
Rock´n´roll

This one smells good but boring and its not long lasting at all!!!.... I would never buy this one!

amanda

i think i will love this one, i dont really like the original, but one problem with that is the lack of freshness, that i guess this wont miss.

L`eau The One by Dolce&Gabbana 4.01 out of 5 based on 563 ratings and 101 user reviews

EDT Mini 0.2oz
L'eau the One by Dolce Gabbana for Women Eau de Toilette 0.20 oz MINI ROLL-ON PEN
L'eau The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
L'eau The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
L'eau The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
L'eau The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Dolce Gabbana L'Eau The One Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Dolce Gabbana L'Eau The One Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana L`eau The One fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana L`eau The One, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`eau The One by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`eau The One by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.