Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme Dolce&Gabbana for men

Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

Dolce & Gabbana is launching a new fragrant pair for spring 2014 and it is inspired by the islands of Vulcano and Panarea. The perfumes arrive in characteristic bottles as limited editions with light compositions aimed at the summer period of the year.

Edition for men is inspired by the island of Vulcano, the volcanos were named after later on. This island is known for mud bath and the crater with smoke. The name Volcano was given by the ancient Romans and during the years it entered many modern languages. Romans used this island to obtain high quality raw materials and timber. The fragrance Vulcano depicts the atmosphere with a luminous blend of Italian lemon and ginger, followed by an aromatic-woody blend of cypress and lavender. The base closes with an elegant woody layer of vetiver and cedar. Men's version Light Blue Discover Volcano can be purchased as 125ml Eau de Toilette.

Italian Lemon Ginger

Lavender Cypress

Cedar Vetiver

Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

dolcethadon

@burgundyaltima - I understand exactly what you are saying.. Which is why I was confused when I saw a fragrance review for Vulcano on youtube by 860cologne.. The reviewer raved about how Discover Vulcano smelled so much better than Living Stromboli, and went as far as to say that Living Stromboli smelled like pickles.. I was surprised because Light Blue Living Stromboli is one of the only aquatics I have ever really enjoyed, I like it a whole lot more than the original Light Blue Pour Homme.. When I smelled Discover Vulcano I was disappointed and yes I did get a pickle vibe from Vulcano, not the other way around.. I do not think D&G will make another Light Blue flanker that will surpass Living Stromboli..

Nick M
Nick M

It's nice... there's just no pop though. The name is interesting I guess...

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Very earthy . .honestly it smells like pickles..it remind me of a hamburger or chic fil a sandwich with extra pickles. ..PASS!

GIUGGIOLA2
GIUGGIOLA2

Sinceramente non uso profumi commerciali,la versione donna classica l'ho sempre odiata eppure Vulcano mi ha stregata...lo trovo molto marino ,nelle note di testa ,cuore e fondo non si direbbe almeno qui citate..
Ritengo abbia dell'ozonico , ed è un ottimo profumo.Fresco,sexy e persistente,,,

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

Discover greatness.. Discover Vulcano...

I am a big fan of the citrus based, fresh scents to include the Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue editions. The latest edition - Discover Vulcano - smells great. I only wish it lasted longer. Bring on Summer..!!

Out of the bottle, I notice the blend of citrus and floral notes. Discover Vulcano then settles close to the skin with a blend of citrus, floral, and herbal notes. This fragrance is very good and easy on the nose. Given the citrus base, Spring and Summer are ideal for wear. This fragrance is on the lighter side - that said, it is a great option for an office environment or day wear. While I am totally good wearing Discover Vulcano (mid-40s and roguishly handsome gentleman), it may be best suited for younger men (actually - a woman could so "pull off" wearing this gem..)

As previously noted, the longevity is moderate, maybe slightly below. With my body chemistry, I get four hours from Vulcano. Odd though - I get much better longevity from the original Light Blue. Vulcano does last longer on clothing. The projection or sillage is moderate, almost modest, spreading a small "wake" one to two feet. This fragrance has plenty of "Wow Factor" (compliments from the opposite sex)- I have had several from the original Light Blue. Today was the first time wearing Vulcano with no "Wow Factor" however, I believe with continued use, it will happen. "Build it... and they will come"...

The bottle and packaging are typical Dolce and Gabbana - excellent...!! I purchased this bottle from Sephora and found it moderately priced, around $50 for a mid-size bottle. Affordable and competitively priced with other "new" fragrances on the market.

My final rating of Discover Vulcano is 4.3 stars out of 5 stars. If the longevity and projection/sillage were greater, this fragrance would be close to perfection.

It is highly recommended adding to your collection - especially if you like those Summer citrus fragrances - like me..!!

Daily I.M. - Watch the sunrise... A new day is born... Make the most of it..!!

ShaverX
ShaverX

To me this smells like light blue but with toned down aquatic notes and toned up citrus. It reminds me of ck escape minus the melon and ck escape is one that I am very found of. In general I find this to be a nice summer scent.

dolcethadon

Now I am not one who likes these types of scents but surprisingly Light Blue Living Stromboli grabbed my attention and I ended up liking it.. Stromboli had a very pleasant smell and did not smell super generic like most of these other aquatics.. But I smelled this in the store and it really was nothing special, very generic smelling.. Original Light Blue is better than this and Stromboli is better than the both of them.. Stromboli was on the shelves for awhile before this guy replaced him but I doubt this guy will be around long because he is nothing special at all ..

spcmiller
spcmiller

Just got a bottle of this from Sephora and I'm honestly not feeling it. There is a deeper, incredibly light smokiness that starts out the top notes. After about an hour, it dries down to regular Light Blue. I wouldn't advise getting this if you've already got the original and it's not like Living Ravioli which I was rather fond of. It's just meh.

xhost
xhost

Looking forward to Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme Intense. NOT.

eric.cius
eric.cius

Too bad. Was hoping that with it being a Vulcano version it would have something in it to make it smokey.

Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme by Dolce&Gabbana 2.93 out of 5 based on 38 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Light Blue Discover Vulcano Pour Homme by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.