Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino Dolce&Gabbana for women

Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino Dolce&Gabbana for women
dislike

tropical
Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

Dolce & Gabbana launched the famous Light Blue fragrance in 2001, followed by the men's version Light Blue pour Homme six years later. In 2012, this house presented two new editions inspired by the fantastic Mediterranean locations – coastal village Portofino and volcanic island of Stromboli. The new versions are named Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino (for women) and Light Blue Living Stromboli (for men).

Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino begins with fresh litchi accord and ambrette seed that lead to the rich floral heart of creamy iris and intense osmanthus. Notes of amber, patchouli and musk leave a velvety trail in the perfume’s base.

Available as 50 ml EDT.

Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Litchi

Osmanthus iris

Musk Patchouli Amber

Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino Fragrance Reviews

Sarrya
Sarrya

This is beautiful and nothing like the original Light Blue. It reminds me of the clear, blue waters of southern Turkey. It's sweeter, creamier and just a little bit masculine, with a spicy drydown. Smells really sophisticated to me, like Mediterranean summer evenings spent drinking cocktails and gazing at the sea.

promaya
promaya

I like it better than any other version of Light blue because it's not sweet- I never really liked the sweetness of the original.
This one is crispy, VERY musky and neroli can be detected very early on.
However, it's a very expensive product considering the sillage and longevity. I just can't give it a high vote.

Nil3
Nil3

I'm gonna be very frank about this one:

It's very weak. It is NOTHING special. It costs. I soaked myself in which I was allowed to do since my bf is the manager of a chain perfumery here where I live. The pleasant whiffs I got only because I bathed in it.

It's very as many call it here....., office friendly. Nothing groundbreaking at all. A so not a must have.

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

I love D&G Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino as much as I hate the original Light Blue.

A short explanation: LB is too sharp for my nose. It tires me, and I swear I can't stand it. I was surprised when I have seen the notes in original Light Blue, which actually are...light. The musk in LB is heavy and with addition of lemon is like a square peg in a round hole in my opinion. But it is just me - I know it has a loooot of fans. Don't hate me! ;)

I ordered a sample of LB Dreaming in Portofino, but I wasn't expecting much from this fragrance. Pure curiosity.
And I actually like it. It is so classy and light! Perfect for a day-off in hot summer day. I appreciate when a fragrance takes me away from everyday routine and I land somewhere around the world :) Litchi gives a lightness to almost every fragrance and this one is not exceptional.

This "lightness" is not sparkling, not glamorous, but very calming. For me it is a summer in the bottle. Perfect for every woman. Not surfing on scorching weather, not partying in the club at night. It is like wearing a sunhat in sunny Portofino, wearing linen clothes, walking along the beach. Then in the evening sipping wine on the balcony, wearing soft jewellery and relaxing.

The fragrance lasts not long, about 2 hours. It is not a problem for me, because I would wear it as a seasonal, holiday scent. Stays close to skin.

I have never dreamt of going to Italy until now. I would love to go to Portofino with this in my bag!

pipergirl
pipergirl

This has quickly become one of my top go to fragrances this summer - a definite love for me. I really don't get much of the original Light Blue in this one at all. They are both summery fresh fragrances, but while Light Blue is all about citrus/cedar, Dreaming in Portofino is
lightly sweet fruit and florals, a touch powdery. Where Light Blue is unisex, Dreaming in Portofino is very feminine. Both are amazing fragrances but I love this version even better than the original.

CarmendyNola
CarmendyNola

You really need to spritz one wrist with the Original Light Blue and the other with this version to understand just how similar they are. Worn separately they each give off their own individual traits and I don't automatically think of the original when I wear Portofino. They are closely related though, enough that I forgot which one was on which wrist for a second. The original Light Blue has a cool freshness that is muted in it's balmier Portofino offshoot. The change is done very tastefully (and subtly). I can say that even if you are not usually a fan of musk or amber scents, you will still probably like this. The original with a twist, as all spin-off scents should be. Longevity on my skin is amazing, too.

This is a lovely sweet summer scent. It's tropical, floral and a little soapy. I don't mind soapy fragrances so it's quite fine for me.
Much more sweet than the original Light Blue, but less sweet than Escape to Panarea.
In conclusion I would say this is a nice one. All Light Blue's are always worth a try.

shivabglr
shivabglr

this baby smells amazing,

smells very unique,
yet it makes me think of the original Light Blue layered with a vanilla lotion,

it's like a modern make-up smell, rather than old lipstick,
I smell pretty much all the notes listed, yet it's very well-blended and balanced, no single note empowers,

dry-down is really delicious and stays after many hours and survives through several hand washings,

it's both refreshing and elegant,
gets really great compliments!

CarolynS296
CarolynS296

Light Blue, Dreaming in Portofino, Dolce & Gabbana for women ...

I had recently purchased, the original, Light Blue; I found it to be gorgeous, enticing, lovely and with an essence of true uniqueness.

Light Blue (the original), was a new and welcomed, departure from some of the current, typically overpowering, sugary sweet and / or overtly flower saturated fragrances. Also, heavily in today's scents are many, ever present, 'very' heavy oriental essences. However, I do greatly enjoy some of the more, classicly elegant, well refined orientals, typically created some 25+ years ago.

Light Blue, Dreaming in Portofino, sad to say, was not what I would have expected; it wasn't distasteful, overtly or otherwise. It's notes being best described as perplexing, making it destined to be purely underwhelming.

I presume, I likely expected a distinct "flanker" with more similarities, at least in some way, reflective of its origin (considering Light Blue and it's success).

To be specific, it is a fragrance comprised of 'too much' . Though the name is there, the parfum, seems like a confusing amount of conflicting floral and undetectable scents or maybe it's the proportions used or the balance of the individual accords, from which, it is comprised. Basically, it has little, if any, connection to its origin, Light Blue.

Finally, if a "flanker" of the beautiful Light Blue, Escape to Panarea, for women, Dolce & Gabbana, can represent some of the original's beauty, with the interest of additional notes, than so should've, 'Dreaming in Portofino'.

Iris blended with musky notes is quite horrible on my skin. I cannot force myself to smell it for more than a second, really!

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

I was super excited to try this flanker,and found a small 25 ml bottle in Marshall's,where the bf took me shopping for my Mother's day gifts.It was a bit pricey,at least to me,at $40 for that tiny bottle.But I got it anyway,as it's been on my want list for awhile.

Let me just say that I like the scent,fruity,with a slight masculine undertone,but that might be the patchouli.I enjoy the scent,but am highly disappointed in the longevity and sillage.I could hardly smell it on myself,and I sprayed it about 12 times! i did get many compliments,so I guess it had at least moderate sillage,if everyone else could smell it.I'm disappointed because I own and love the original Light Blue and find it lasts a long time,and has very good sillage,and I don't need to drown myself in it.
Overall,it's a fantastic scent,just not strong enough nor long lasting.So,in my opinion not worth the price.

Lee79
Lee79

I received a sample from a lovely lady here. When I first sprayed Portofino I got a burst of watery lychee. This only lasted for about 5 minutes. Then its quiets down to a soft sweet floral. After I first sprayed it I couldn't wait to enjoy it through out the day because I really like lychee. But it stays really close to the skin, barely noticeable, and ended up only lasting about 1 hour on me, if that. This is something I will not purchase simply because it does not last.

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

I hadn't tested this flanker for some time before recently purchasing online, but I remembered liking it. I like the orginal Light Blue as well, but it became so popular that I wanted something different. This scent is a true chameleon; when I received my bottle and re-tested it, I got a strong Coco Mademoiselle(which isn't my cup of tea) Lite vibe from it and thought-ugh, death by patchouli, a note I LOATHE in fragrances for the most part. Then I tested it again and, as strange as it sounds, it reminds me me of a light Angel (I know, I know-everyone compares every scent to Angel, but the patch in both scents is similar- haha!) with an aquatic, fruity twist. The litchi is prominent in the opening, then the patch comes through in the dry down. However, the scent maintains its fruitiness throughout. I don't know if I will purchase this again, but I like it, even with the dreaded patchouli.

Edieeddy
Edieeddy

This one unfortunately doesn't work with me. Smelled really nice on the bottle but not on my skin. It smells like sweat. Not a good thing. :(

ohrite
ohrite

This is one of those perfumes that seem to wear me instead of the other way around. I don't feel comfortable at all wearing it, though I really like the smell from the bottle. It's the same with DKNY Be delicious. I LOVE it from the bottle and on other people, but I just can't seem to make friends with it myself. :(

SillySue
SillySue

The top notes I like. The drydown however gets really funky on my skin. No other way to descibe it. I like Light Blue a lot and have been a fan of that one for many years, but my skin does not want to make friends with Dreaming in Portofino. It quite frankly protests. Pass.

adves87
adves87

This is Davidoff - cool water right away!

Eirlys
Eirlys

To me this smells really clean and fresh. I wasn't a very big fan of the original Light Blue, it was alright but I didn't know why everyone was crazy about it. Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino on the other hand, captured my attention more.

The first spray smelled a bit chemical, but after 4-5 minutes the scent slowly evokes on the skin, I'm not really good with detecting notes in perfume, so I only know that this one smells really clean and a bit fruity. It's very suitable for summer or spring time. However, it's not very long lasting so you may have to re-apply it a few times during the day.

The bottle is nice and sleek, although the box it comes with isn't as nice as the original Light Blue.

It's probably not a perfume I will re-purchase if I run out, but it is still a very nice scent in my collection.

**Edit**
I've tried reaching for this bottles many times, and somehow the smell seems to vanish in about an hour or two. And the smell doesn't appeal to me much, it was alright, but nothing really special. So I returned it, and I am so glad right now, because I know I would never use it as much as my other bottles.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

This is nothing like Light Blue, I like this much better. It smells like very nice soap, I like to use this when I get out of the shower, to me it smells very fresh and aquatic. The sillage is very soft, but this stuff lasts forever. One of the only perfumes I have ever put on before bed and still smelled it the next morning. It does remind me of a lot of other aquatic scents, such as my fave Adidas Moves for Her, but it is more sweet.

iris621
iris621

I had wanted to like the original Light Blue and tried it many times in stores, but I never quite liked the strong citrusy scent. This flanker is a much more sweeter spin off from the original and I love it! The lasting power is average on me, I can still kind of smell it after 6 hours and it also stays quite close to the skin. The litchi in it is soft and not overwhelming. This actually reminds me a lot of Ferragamo's Signorina.

outofocus

Im actually wearing it, or rather enjoying it, soooo much. Its winter in my country and it transports me straight to Portofino in summer! Yes, I have to apply generously and sillage is not too much, but its warm and reasonably lasting... Enjoy!

StarAnGeL
StarAnGeL

LOVE LOVE LOVE :-) This is my fav from dolce & gabanna!

jackiebug
jackiebug

I can not bear to read any of the other reviews of this because everyone has their own thoughts but I don't want to read any negative .... EVERY time I spray the bottle it makes me smile. IT IS DEVINE! I am not a fan of light blue.... some how the title dreaming of Portofino caught my eye and I stopped... and I have not stopped since. It is hard for me to use my other perfumes... I love this one so. I don't know what Portofino has to do with it... doesn't make me think of anything but clean blue water with wind blowing across it with.... sand between my toes... and then I open my eyes... and realize I am going to be late to work! LOL... I can't say enough good about it. BRAVO !!!!

grace2424
grace2424

Can not decide...have worn sample twice now. Like it but does have a touch of a masculine smell. I hope the lady @ the store used the right bottle to provide a sample!

Viridis
Viridis

This scent bears no resemblance to D&G's light blue other than the name. Dreaming in Portofino is a floral aquatic, my personal favourite olfactory group.
The scent opens with a strong whiff of litchi. The heart is floral.

Contrary to many before me, I relate this scent to fresh rain rather than sunny beaches.

Sillage is moderate and lasting power is good (sprayed it on 9 hours ago and the scent is in it's final throes). I think this is the sort of perfume that either you're gonna love or hate. It's bound to turn heads either way.....

...I meant to say Versace Bright Crystal -_-

Ugh. This is not for me :(

I so badly wanted to like it, but I still have half the bottle lying around somewhere. I wouldn't have even used that much of it to begin with, but it felt like a waste so I forced myself to wear it until it got to the point of making me nauseous whenever I did.

I bought this in the hope that it would smell a little like Light Blue, but far from it. It's too floral and aquatic for me, and it REALLY reminds me of Versace's Pink Diamond - another perfume I hated and used for the sake of it. Is it just me or does anyone else get a peppery sort of scent from this?

I'm more of a 'Vanilla-chocolate-musk-patchouli-spicy-woody' type girl myself, and don't typically go for floral/summer fragrances and I tend to get sick of them after a few days wear.

harpist
harpist

Dreaming in Portofino takes me away on a vacation to a modernistic white home with hints of blue interior design overlooking the beautiful and sparkling waters of the ocean.

The top notes are of a fresh and fruity lychee that is mixed with a sharp but lovely osmanthus. The iris calms it down with the musk and amber, but the ever so faintly there patchouli keeps this interesting and alive. Fortunately for me, this works very well with my chemistry and the first hour I get a strong lychee and osmanthus. Later it becomes a little bit more creamy as a fruitier iris. Both are great and have the right amount of musk.

The only downside is that I think my nose "tunes out" to it. Perhaps I need 5-6 sprays of this and more on my clothes, but the silage is moderate in the first hour and soft for the rest. This lasts around 3-4 hours, but in the end I have to brush by my skin to smell it. D&G's house doesn't cloy on me- great summer scent especially in warm weather!

There is little fragrance resemblance to the original light blue other than that they are refreshing scents- Light Blue is definitely more citrusy while Portofino is a gently sweet fruity floral breeze.

EDIT:
I tried a new decant of this in hopes of committing to a larger bottle- I feel like the review I did above is for a completely different perfume?? This sample of Portofino was heady, loud, and too much like a masculine cologne. In short, it was awful juice that I really wanted to scrub off. A complete 180 from what I had remembered. :'( I'm not sure what's wrong, but now I would say test before buying! It's crossed off my list now.

aqua76239
aqua76239

Hmm, I used to own and like original Light Blue which is rather citrusy and musky with a touch of cedar but this is rather different and a lot more generic(in my opinion anyway)
Portofino is fresh, clean and aquatic floral. I would have never imagined that there is patchoili in this. I smell no trace of it whatsover. I actually love aquatic scents but I don't find this one very different from hundreds of others. I prefer the original

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

Christ, I heard so much hype about the original D&G Light blue so I went to the perfume counter and smelled it and thought, " Ok smells alright whats the deal hear?
" and then I smelled the limited edition one, WOW I like clean scents but this one..... geeze it smells amazing!!!! I am normally a sexy deep, syrupy scent woman and this light scent is just sexy in itself which i was not expecting, this is a deff buy do not pass this up. if you wanna try dolce and gabbannas light blue, get the limited edition its more worth it

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

Sprayed this got musky patchouli.

Let it dry down, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP. Without the intensity.

Neither of which I'd consider a summer scent.

samlw68
samlw68

reminds me of coco m

beachbunny17
beachbunny17

It's just okay...nothing special or out of the ordinary...it has nothing to do with Light Blue and it doesn't last very long...big disappointment.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

طراوت احساس آرامش را میتوان در کنار افرادی که از کنارم رد میشوند را دوست دارم مخصوصا اگر شادی و سرحال بودن را درون این سبد رایحه خوش باشد سردی این مرد میتواند بهمراه شیکی و رایحه مشک را درون اطراف زمان این فرد میتوان حس کرد.

DiBonD
DiBonD

I love this one better than the original Light Blue. This is a light summer fragrance, with hints of fresh watery fruits and the smell of ocean, compared with the plain Light Blue.

LuiLui
LuiLui

For my surprise when I was passing through the Macy's store I saw it again on a perfume section and I tried on my skin. I though it was just made for the last summer but looks like DG brought it back for the summer of this year and I glad of it.
And I really like it on my skin.
Fresh and aquatic. My style! =)

Camilla Margareta
Camilla Margareta

I expected a fresh floral summer scent, unfortunately all this one brings is a headache :(

Dollycat
Dollycat

Love this one! It´s a very sharp and sweet scent ant not at all resembling Michael Kors because that one is more aquatic and fresh. Dreaming is a very prominent, dominant smell and you will either love it or hate it. Personally i love the loud, sweet and soapy scents so this one is perfect for me.

willbear
willbear

love it makes makes one of best friends wears this, its clean Exotic and summery

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

Not at all what I was expecting from a LB flanker, and I'm also a little confused after reading the notes. I'm a lychee lover, and as one of the top notes I would love to get more (some?) of it. Sweet light and fruity but also very basic. I feel like I've smelled 100 other perfumes exactly like this although the names of them escape me. If you love light blue and are just looking for light blue with a twist, this isnt the one.

iluvbaby
iluvbaby

Received this limited edition as a gift from my boyfriend... Have always been a fan of powdery and light floral scent.. Love love love this D&G scent, my first from D&G!
The opening note is light fresh scent, slowly drys down to a very light, powdery scent which smells so feminine on me... The scent is lasting on me and it stays on throughout the day, and makes me think of him too :)
Love it, thumbs up!

Tulipano
Tulipano

You spray it and suddenly you are a bird flying up above so high and you spread your wings with excitment! You are elegantly free, fresh, and happy!
It is a must-have summer fragrance!

Kyi
Kyi

I tried this at the mall and I couldn't stop smelling the paper I sprayed it on. It smells light, fresh, calm but invigorating. Definitely reminds me of walking down the beach with a soft breeze, kinda romantic and sweet. It wasn't mind blowing, but it is a very pleasant scent.

Edit: My boyfriend bought this fragrance for me. It is 'somewhat' generic, but it is definitely a dressy, elegant, fresh, grown up, and airy scent. It smells very spring/summer and has a perfumey quality to it. Lasting power could be better but I still really like it. It does have a touch of a masculine/cologne-y smell to it. It is slightly sweet but doesn't feel too young or cloying.

busik
busik

And at first it scared me. My first thought was: - Yes-ah, the old man's parent just a masterpiece, which it ..! Second thought - probably eventually settle down, we just have to get used to. Last thoughts: - base cool! More lychee than at the beginning, musk mixed, amber is not, and thank God. But he was still fresh, cool in the summer and it is the only similarity with the usual "Light Blue".
On the skin is very well exposed, cool. Glad that I finally got!

danielellarby
danielellarby

Dreaming in Portofino is more light and femenine than the original light blue. I think it's quite pleasant because whenever I smell it I think of a tranquil beach, where you can feel the breeze tickle you as you look at the clear light blue sky...

And everytime I smell this soft (very soft!!) perfume I feel that way, and hey, it's a very gratifying sensation!!

dulcette
dulcette

a lighter version of Light Blue with some sweetness added, lychee. why does every flanker have to have lychee?

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Tried this one briefly at Macys over the summer. It's a very nice frangrance with what appears to be good staying power. After application, I get smelling my wrist, since I have lots of perfumes I didn't want to buy a repeat of what I already have. It smells fresh and musky but it leans more towards a floral scent. I kept smelling my wrist and kept saying to myself this scent seems familiar to me but I could not figure it out right away. After a while it hit me that the dry down is reminescent of another perfume that I own, Fan di Fendi. This is definitely a sophisticated scent. I didn't purchase cause I already have Fan di Fendi and I also have Light Blue. I didn't see a need to buy it, however if I see at a discount price I wouldn't mind owning a bottle!

I am incredibly relieved that this flanker smells nothing like the original. The bright, citrusy lemon opening and pencil-shaving cedar drydown in Light Blue for Women, was not a blend I was a particular fan of, but I respected it for its popularity and success. This flanker however, is far more enjoyable and a touch more feminine on the skin.

Opening with a sweet and fruity burst of litchi, it was obvious from the very first spray that Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino was going to be new and different. Don't fear, it's still a summery scent, but more floral than its predecessor.

Osmanthus and iris in the heart provide that new floral texture, as well as adding a slight oceanic feel. The scent is fresh and crisp, a wonderfully cooling fragrance for hot weather or for days spent at the beach.

The drydown is quite musky on my skin, but not unpleasant. It's almost a clean muskiness, like the scent of freshly washed linen drying in the breeze. I like it much better than the original Light Blue drydown.

Although the sillage is fairly soft, I didn't have any issues with the lasting power. I thought it lasted quite well for a sheer floral scent. I'm actually impressed.

If you're anything like me and found the original too sharp, do not write off testing this flanker. You may be pleasantly surprised. I'm not certain as to whether this flanker will remain a part of the Dolce & Gabbana collection, but here's hoping that it sticks around for a lot longer than just one season.

aud88

Just had to add that this perfume lasted all day on me, with one squirt. It is soft, so did not necessarily radiate, but as it developed it became a bit sweeter (reminded me of Rose the One, but much, much lighter). It was not in your face sicky sweet, just pretty almost vanilla. STILL LOVE IT!
I wish I loved the original, I really want to, as it is so my personality (beachy, fresh, natural) but it is so strong! Portofino hits the mark! I also feel it has plenty of feminine softness, grounded by the patchouli. Not masculine to my nose at all unless the fresh outdoors is masculine?

aud88

Finally! I have found a scent that is fresh, relaxing and easy wear! To be fair, I have tried many, many perfumes in a quest to find something to be my signature, and end up empty. I have tried Rose The One, Jimmy Choo (which up til now was prob the closest), La Vie Est Belle, Kai, Daisy Eau so Fresh, J'adore, J'adore Leau,Issey, Issey Florale and Light Blue original (the worst on me by far). I end up liking something to start off with and then ending up with a sicky sweet mess at the end, or hating it at the start and then liking it and then unsure again by the end. I absolutely hated the smell from the bottle of the Light Blue, but I really wanted to like it, so I tried it on one wrist. It started ok, then whatever that note is that you smell from the bottle got stronger on me, and stronger. On the way home from the mall in the car, I was feeling sick and nauseous over the intense smell. I was about to cross this off my list, but on another quest decided to spritz my arm with the Light Blue Dreaming in Portifino. Heaven!!! It was soft, a little sweet, slight powder, then fresh water, gentle breeze of flowers and I pick up an almost Lavender Vanilla smell even though those notes are not here. I hope D & G keeps this one it is completely different than the first and IMO so much softer, dreamier!

Love!

emiana
emiana

I love the iris inside...

WILSHIRE
WILSHIRE

First, I try this one,
I'm fall in love with
this limited edition.
This one is more feminine
and exotic scent.
I like this one better than original
light blue.
This one lasts longer and I really
dreaming in the summer midnight.
I also like the bottle, better original.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I tried it today and starts very fresh with a citrus odor, after 15 minutes the patchouli dominates the essence, the base notes reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle, I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the resemblance, lasts long and has good quality, to me is a version summer version of Coco Mademoiselle, it has nothing to do with the original Light Blue, is a lovely scent but lacks originality...

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

I tried this yesterday .. sweet and tender light blue .. nothing sharp or zesty here in this (body spray) quality scent.

The litchi here reminded me of the litchi in (The One .. D&G) The same sweetness but more lighter..

nothing interesting for me here, I am disappointed from the quality .. this to be used after your shower if you don't feel like you want to wear a perfume !

bashe
bashe

nothing special..it´s kinda neutral to me...but in a good way. It reminds me of baby oil..or some baby lotion. very delicate, a bit sweet, yummy. it´s a kind of fragrance, which goes with white shirt, messy hair and nude makeup...I´m gonna get a bottle..wheeey!:)

acavicchi
acavicchi

I do like Dreaming in Portofino but find it much sweeter and somehow more common than the original crisp, fresh and zesty Light Blue. It is still a fresh, clean spring and summer scent, but perhaps it's the iris that gives it that "perfume" scent, I'm not sure. I think had I only sampled Dreaming in Portofino, I would have loved it but after sampling Light Blue as well, I just feel that, although it is lovely, it pales in comparison to the original.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino is like a dream! The original Light Blue is a zesty citrus scent where Dreaming in Portofino is sweet and powdery. I’m a huge osmanthus lover so after reading the notes in this I knew I had to get it! Sweet litchi and soft fruity osmanthus with powdery iris, warm amber, and a touch of patchouli. It’s a little bit of a crisp aquatic scent and has subtle hints of pink pepper. This is my new obsession, I absolutely love this fragrance!

outofocus

I've never been fond of Light Blue for all its popularity, to me it's a plain citrusy scent, just like an Eau de Cologne.
But Portofino version is different, I really quite enjoyed it. To me is like there was some left-over batches of Sicily perfume and they decided to blend them with Light Blue instead of throwing them away, and there you have a synergy of the best of both perfumes. It's different, summery, light, full of joy... The lasting power probably not that good, but... whoever cares if you are having a shower twice a day!!
Unfortunately I don't think I'm buying it since there is only 100 ml size and I've never had an affair that lasts so long with any perfume!!

BritXOX
BritXOX

At first when I tried this, I liked it. Then I tried it on again in the store and bought myself a bottle. Knowing that it is not a very longlasting scent.

Anyways... After 15 minutes I bought it, it dried down to something very bad on my skin! Didn't make me feel nice!

I went to the store after that 15 minutes and changed it to another perfume.

nightcat23
nightcat23

Very fresh, watery scent with a tiny bit of sweetness. Isn't incredibly long lasting but perfect for really hot climates and weather.

5354alice
5354alice

I don't like it at all...I just can smell litchi. And, on me, it doesn't last more than 1 hour!!!

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

I'd like to have it, but won't even bother buying it. No longevity, just as in the case with Light Blue Classic. A fresh and overall nice perfume, beautiful design & box, however, a scent that lasts for an hour max is not an option, not for me.

karolla28
karolla28

The original version Light Blue was to heavy for me. But Dreaming in Portofino is perfectly fresh for me. I had tested it in Greece by big heat and it is the best fragrance for summer. I love it!

sianlouise
sianlouise

sprayed in the department store while looking for a new summer fragrance - and loved it - smelt sweet and light which is what i love but when i purchased and tried at home i was disappointed! it seems to smell of sugar water - with a hint of mens cologne on my skin and really doesnt last long, by the time i get to work i cant smell a thing! nothing on the original which is gorgeous.

jolla
jolla

am i the only one feeling coco in this?
not so much but i keep sniffing and feel hidden coco in this perfume haha...
btw i really liked this pefume but as the other reviewers it's nothing special!

jlashmbarbie
jlashmbarbie

Having originally fallen in love with the fresh yet heady original when I smelt it on my friend, I was a little disappointed when I bought the original and it did not morph into the irresistible intoxicating elixer I'd smelt on her. Still a nice perfume for summer though, so I went through a bottle each summer anyway.

I tested this version today, and was once again disappointed. More marine-like than the original zesty lemon, it had a masculine topnote, to me almost like wet grass or mint. Again, not unpleasant, but by no means did it have the punch that I'd fallen for in the original.

You'll like this if you wanted a 'toned down' unisex version of the original. As for me, I am going to give the Men's version a test on my BF and see if it is delicious on him... watch this space!

PerfumeWhore
PerfumeWhore

Love the fact that they came out with a flanker! Fruity floral, yes. There is still some zest in top notes, which I don't know where it would be coming from. On my skin, dry-down takes a totally different and unexpected turn from the top notes: Fleecy sheets, which is a good thing, why not?!

ralucucky
ralucucky

Disappointing. It smells like thousand other fragrances out there. The original is much, much better.

FairyDaisy120
FairyDaisy120

Mmmm I adore this fragrance!!! One time my husband and I went to te store and I tried this perfume, and I fell in love with it. So a week a later my husband surprised me and bought me this perfume. Ever since I started wearing it everyday. I need to use the bottle wisely because it's limited edition. This perfume smells like citrus and sweet, than when it dries smells very floral, sweet, and powdery. Such a feminine fragrance. Last a very long time on my skin like about 8-9 hours.

delphine67
delphine67

I have smelled this scent yesterday, coz the notes sounded very appealing to me. But after I put it on I whas very dissapointed. The topnotes smelled nice. Lychee and Osmanthus. But the drydown whas artificial and sharp. Also not to compare with the org Light Blue. In my opinion not word the money. a 50ml bottle sells here for 71,50 euro's

Anissa
Anissa

Aquatic and nice, but lasting power is close to zero. I cannot detect any litchi, but what I get is an uplifting salty and marine summer scent. Nice for everyday and for the holidays, but with that price tag I skip it.Besides there`s plenty of those similar aquatic scents on the market.

Oh yeah, no more the sweet and sour tang of the original Light Blue. Instead, this edition is just sweet, almost sugary, and fruity. It smells really rich, almost creamy, and heavy now and more girly than ever before. Patchouli is not upfront but just gives the scent some heaviness feel. This edition is quite different from the original. Must try them both and pick your preference.

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

Nothing will never EVER beat the original "Light Blue" !

Trvevil
Trvevil

Pretty pleasant cologney fragrance to wear in summer. Nothing original, but a crowd pleaser indeed. I liked it very much and enjoyed to catch whiffs of it every now and then. Very casual and relaxed. Packaging looks cheap tho.

Mariposa77
Mariposa77

Just one word: ordinary. Big disappointment. A soft floral essence with fruit and spicy notes. It resembles anything you can find in any cheap drugstore cologne.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Just smelled this today @ Nords, of course it's way diff then the orig. && even though I think light blue is entirely too popular, which is why I'm starting to dislike it a bit b/c so many ppl wear it, I have to say even though Portofino is nice in smell I prefer the orig. over this. Portofino is a really nice clean && pretty scent don't get me wrong, perfect for the summer days, but its nothing new to me... honestly it faintly reminds me of a more toned down version of Versace's Versus ...which I believe was discontinued hmmmm I think my philosphy is starting to come true I really think they recycle scents when a fragrance doesn't do well && will wait a while && resell && rebottle it under a new name for a fresh restart with a better design house either that or they're just running out of scents to make...Idk just a thought...pretty possible, anyways Portofino is a nice summery scent, I'm sure there will be many mixed reviews on this frag. Its deff gonna have to be one of those fragrances you have to try yourself to see if its for u. :)

Timetoski
Timetoski

Love it the first half hour... Exotic and summery... Then the dry down kept reminding me of coco madem and sure enough it's the musk and patchouli base notes they have in common.

jonr951
jonr951

Yeah I took this one back. It's nice but it starts to smell like something that I can't figure out for the life of me. Hmmmmmmmmm? I'm a bit disappointed that this was the 1st flanker to Light Blue. I LOVE Light Blue and I guess I was just expecting another fresh and delicious winner. I don't even need the smaller bottle. Oh well. I have a sample so I'm going to keep testing it. There's just something about it that I really don't like. I don't know what I'm smelling that's putting me off. Dang it. Haha! I still wanna try the new mens one. : )

I love lychee (although I don't know how relates to Portofino), but it doesn't really stand out in this perfume. The first spritz is sweet and fruity, not like the zesty lemon of the original Light Blue, but it's missing the musky base notes that I love. Lasting time is very poor. It's nice as a summer flanker if you don't mind carrying it in your purse and spraying yourself every 30 minutes, but I like the original much better.

Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino by Dolce&Gabbana 3.48 out of 5 based on 470 ratings and 79 user reviews

Light Blue Dreaming In Portofino Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Women
Light Blue Dreaming In Portofino Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Women
Perfume WorldWide
Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino
Light Blue Dreaming In Portofino Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Perfume WorldWide
Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino
D G LIGHT BLUE DREAMING IN PORTOFINO for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Dolce Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming In Portofino Eau De Toilette Spray 25ml 0.84oz
D G LIGHT BLUE DREAMING IN PORTOFINO for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Dolce Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming In Portofino Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Dolce Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming In Portofino Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
drugstore.com
Eau De Toilette
Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino Eau de Toilette Spray For Women, 3.3 fl oz
Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino Eau de Toilette Spray For Women, 3.3 fl oz
Dolce Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming In Portofino Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.