Designers » D E » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Light Blue Living Stromboli Dolce&Gabbana for men

Light Blue Living Stromboli Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

Light Blue Living Stromboli Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures Light Blue Living Stromboli Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

Dolce & Gabbana launched the famous Light Blue fragrance in 2001, followed by the men's version Light Blue pour Homme six years later. In 2012, this house presented two new editions inspired by the fantastic Mediterranean locations – coastal village Portofino and volcanic island of Stromboli. The new versions are named Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino (for women) and Light Blue Living Stromboli (for men).

Light Blue Living Stromboli is a woody - aquatic scent that begins with notes of citruses and red pepper. The heart includes marine accords and geranium, while earthy patchouli, mossy vetiver and amber form the base for this composition.

Available as 75 ml EDT.

Citruses Pink Pepper

Water Notes Geranium

Vetiver Patchouli Amber

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label

Light Blue Living Stromboli Fragrance Reviews

AntonisZ
AntonisZ

So happy I finally managed to acquire a bottle of 125ml, only last month.
You see, "Living Stromboli" was discontinued just as "Discover Vulcano" was launched, so if you like the perfume you need to stock up... and why would anyone not love such an aquatic delight?
Like a wave splashing on the rocks of a volcanic Mediterranean island, this is the most inspired blend of fresh aquatic and spicy-earthy notes I've ever came across!

Ah, but I will never forget the first time I smelled Stromboli during holidays in the volcanic island of Lanzarote. It was the ideal place and time!
Apart from the actual smell, I was amazed by the longevity of the perfume on my skin: Well over 7 hours, a rare performance for an aquatic...

It's very easy to misjudge this perfume if you don't get into the concept of summer-sea-volcanic/earthy combination. The "dirtiness" exuded from such an otherwise typical aquatic, is so contradictory, attractive and unique. As if you took Versace Pour Homme (2008) and mixed it with spiced mud!
Only much better!

Overall rating: 8.25/10

madmax
madmax

I like this Cologne but the only down is the longevity. Doesn't for more than an hour in my skin.
Scent 9/10
Longevity 1/10

Blowhard69
Blowhard69

Clean, fresh citrus with an earthy, spicy dirtiness the first hour and a half of wear that takes the standard woody aquatic formula of citrus, sea notes and vetiver and puts a little bit of sweet spice to it with the pink pepper. The marine accords in the heart are not as synthetically dominating as in your standard run of the mill release but there just isn't enough depth to this; nor any versatility other than spring and summer afternoons. Extremely minimalist with a linear top and heart that starts off very fresh and spicy sweet but within ten minutes is accompanied by the marine accords. By the 45 minute mark the vetiver comes to join with an earthy patchouli and hints of amber that ends up combining to create a mostly pink pepper, soft marine, vetiver and citric residue wear with the citrus gone by the hour mark. Sillage is moderate the first hour, but once the sharp citrus recedes projection and sillage drop dramatically to soft. Longevity is extremely disappointing on my skin, I tested it 12 times and averaged between 3-3.5 hours in summer. The dry down is extremely generic and uninspiring after the two hour mark, just a vetiver, soft marine and tinge of amber that is gone within and hour and a half. This is best left for rotational wear as it is rather stale and uninspiring and the marine accords here can get cloying. Nothing essential or spectacular, even at bargain basement prices this is extremely average stuff and nothing to seek out.
Scent- 5.5 (top and middle 6.0/ dry-down 2.5)
Longevity-3.0
Projection - 5.0
Originality - 2.5
Value: 3.0
Overall: 3.25 out of 10 (below average, not worth purchase unless on clearance)

Logan Garfield
Logan Garfield

Not so bad.I bought it from the air port.Before I bought it, I tested for many perfumes and I didn't find my favourite one.But after testing this one, I decided to buy it.I love its smell. But does not last long.

osiris5
osiris5

This perfume is a definitely an aquatic. It is stronger than the original. It opens with a more citric and a typical aquatic scent. It gets better in the base when the aquatic with its profound chemical projection fades away. The end is more a spicy-aromatic scent and is projects typical D&G homme scent but more on the aquatic side. In the middle some of the pepper is noticeable.
not a great scent for me but also not bad. it is in the lower range of the aquatics. and it is typical for casual use like most aquatics. If y like to experience the Italian aquatic-floral scent symbolizing the Italian islands with their flora then go to Aqua di parma blue series.
in the last dry down it gets some freshness like aqua di Gio. It is like D&G overall synthetic, not great but also not bad. I think that it fits on warm days.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

brandiwine,

No! Stromboli is a gorgeous volcanic island in Italy.. Americans went ahead and named some strange american concoction that they sell in pizzerias after Stromboli, to make it sound italian even though it is very american just like pizza..

This is a very nice aquatic fragrance.. I do not like aquatics but I do like this one! There is something about it that I find different..

twlahue
twlahue

After 20 minutes, it smells like Polo Black.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

So how to review this one? Okay lets start here. Any indication of being light, lacking in longevity and maybe even projection is the exact opposite of my experience with this fragrance. So with that as a preface lets move into the fragrance itself.

1. I can smell just about every note in this fragrance except the amber which may be contributing to the outrageous longevity of the base. It does have a nice sweet and balmy base going on so the amber could be doing that.

2. The opening is bright and salty and pretty spicy with the pink peppercorn. Very citrus and quite aquatic with a calone note that really doesn't bother me.

3. I moved the water notes into the opening as they join the fragrance about 3-5 minutes after spraying. But the mid/heart is dominated by this geranium note. And it is the star of the show while being supported by these water notes and citrus notes and it sort of amps up the spiciness of the pink pepper. The geranium also sort of gives it a slightly creamy vibe.

4. As the fragrance finishes up I am left with vetiver which also adds to the spiciness and also gives it a new woody layer. So at the end of its life (8 hours on skin my friends, and you ain't getting it out of your clothes if you spray them twice) I would say this is something akin to the original Light Blue PH, but a totally different direction. This is more spicy a little brighter (at the base) with the aquatic notes and has the geranium to add a nice floral compenent. I can smell the citrus throughout I believe but am not sure as it could be a mixture of the other notes.

This is very nice and I got a steal from lilydirect.com I think I paid about 19 for a tester shipped. This will be put in the foundation of my summer frags here in Texas.

I give this an easy 8.5 due to the performance. It doesn't stand head and shoulders about other designer on the market from a smell perspective but I would put it in the upper echelon of designer summer scents.

This is wonderful for the office, can be worn year around I believe except really cold weather of course. Wonderful for a date, movie, or other intimate gatherings but I would say go lighter on the sprays as this performs like Versace Eau Fraiche on my skin and could aggravate if over sprayed. If you can get this for less than $30 you have a steal on your hands. I also believe this is different enough from the original LBPH and owning both wouldn't be redundant unless you only need a couple of summer scents. If you have been wanting LBPH I would actually sniff LBPHLS first just to ensure that you wouldn't want if over the original

fdelval
fdelval

Pure Mediterranean sea in a bottle.

Pack your bags, take a trip to a remote lost mediterranean island in a sunny summer day.
Find an Italian girl, take a deep breath...
Thats how this does smell like.

Doesn't last very long, but if you can find it for a good price, it's a good buy.

usas
usas

Don't blind buy this one!
I tested it because I like the "normal" Light Blue and I saw a lot of positive reviews here.
I don't like it at all. The fig note stands out and has a cheap, overwhelming smell.
Good thing I tested this fragrance first.

claytron
claytron

This is the fragrance that got me back into collecting again. I tried this at the counter on my lunch break for the first time. When I got back to work, a friend of mine came in and gave me a hug. Right away she asked what I was wearing and said with conviction that she was going to buy a bottle for her BF. In fact every girl I know who has smelled this on me has something posative to say about it. My GF liked it so much that she surprise bought me a bottle of it :)
The smell... Spicey and clean. The pink pepper seems to last the whole time on me. Not a typical aqua scent. The woodsy and spicey character of it really sets it apart. Classified as a spring/summer scent but I could rock this any time of the year.
Longevity is good. 9+ hours.
Sillage is average. 3 hours.
The scent is amazing, try it!
Bottom line is that girls like it. And Lets be honest, thats what most of us are going for LOL. You wont be disappointed.

bonanza1
bonanza1

This is good nothing like the orginal light blue, the pepper makes this smell sharper and crisp with better longevity. I got 7 hours so far and its still small projection, funny it leaves and comes back.

Studio8Worx
Studio8Worx

Not a bad fragrance...love the simplicity of the smell but doesnt stay longer.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Very cold aqua scent that reminds me of the 80's. It has a good longevity but to me it lacks a bit in complexion.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

It took me a while to like this, but overall it did grow on me and I ended up liking it.

It definitely has the light blue DNA on the dry down with aquatic and underlying fruity tones. The only problem with this is its longevity/projection.....

It lasted about 30 min on me before almost disappearing.

Scent: 3.5/5
Projection: 1/5

Overall: 5.5/15. Just cant handle colognes that dont even last as long as knock offs.

kaizer121
kaizer121

Let's jsut call this what it is. Eau de Sprite

mimi_luvz
mimi_luvz

D&G Light Blue Living Stromboli is perfect male reply to D&G's Light Blue(female). It's the way the original D&G Light Blue(male) should've been in the first place.
It opens with fresh but yet warm citrusy/vetiver combination. Soon, amber finds its way through, creating pleasant calming combination. It draws on the woody side, but a fresh, bit salty, citrusy wood. Geranium is detectable too, but not in a protruding way as in Chanel's PE for example, it just appears in a way to say "Ï'm here too". Peppery notes are detectable in the opening, but I'm not so sure if it's pink pepper, it draws more towards typical white pepper.
The best surprise this summer! It emerges as a unique creation in the sea of typical summer fragrances, establishing its position as a prototype for perfect woody/citrusy summer scent.I can't compare or find similar fragrances, you need to try it to see what I mean.

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

Fresco y relajado. El hombre Light Blue no se preocupa por cosas banales que lo harán envejecer rápido, el es cool y suave, le importa un bledo todo. Es sexy, en una hamaca junto a su chica, a quien le acaricia el cabello mientras ven al mar...
La presencia de este perfume me recuerda al Diamonds de Armani, solo que obviamente este es fresco, el otro es mas para conquista.
Aunque la frescura atraeeee ;)

jérémie.simonet
jérémie.simonet

This is currently the best perfume I ever smelled. I really like the fresh and clean and flowery smell. It Nice and light and strong at the same time.

ausamamira
ausamamira

first fragrance come to my mind when is smell this is CK free .... not bad... not unique ... doesnt worth the price for me ....

Space Invader
Space Invader

Unpleasing fragrance. Definitely a summer fail. It tries to evoke Mediterranean kind of smell. Clean, but synthetic and generic at the same time. Not buying this again. This flanker is not worthy as D&G fragrance. For me it is a Pass fragrance.

Ranking: (0-10): 4

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Really nice fragrance, not unique though! Very fresh, clean and summery... I love marine and citrussy smells, but for me there are better options but this one is not bad at all! It is pretty good actually!

dock_sud
dock_sud

Light Blue nin daha hafif bir versiyonu... Buram buram akdeniz kokar.

There is something strangely enticing about a man that smells crisp and citrusy during the Summer months. Light Blue Living Stromboli screams masculinity. It's not so different to the original Light Blue for Men, however this flanker is a touch more peppery.

The men in my life prefer wearing rich, sweet and spicy fragrances, so I very rarely smell aquatics or citrus-based scents on their skin. I often resort to smelling these types of fragrances on passers-by or on my male colleagues. However my tolerance for aquatics depends on the season. Please note that this fragrance is not to be worn during Winter.

A few quick spritzes of Light Blue Living Stromboli and you're all set for a day of fun in the sun. It smells crisp, invigorating and refreshing. It also blends really well with the scent of a man's sweat, so I wouldn't shy from wearing this to the gym.

The composition itself is fairly simplistic, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I tend to smell a lot of grapefruit and bitter orange in the opening, with a hint of salty sea water. The pink pepper provides the masculinity, while the vetiver in the heart and drydown makes the scent even saltier.

I'm quite surprised by the longevity, which held for a good six hours or more. Usually fresh scents like Light Blue Living Stromboli struggle to last. As I mentioned previously, it's a great choice for Summer. I recommend.

j-shades
j-shades

This is probley just me but im wearing this today and for some reason I keep thinking im wearing paris hilton just me.. it smells like it to me!! Also it does not last long on my skin i've prayed it three times today :(

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

lighter than light blue, but still wonderfull and sexy. It smells mediterranean sea, and I think that's the point of that perfume. Love it!

Lance
Lance

Most of Summer fragrances (maybe all of them) have the same base, something we can call Acqua di Gio (sigh) This is one of them. Just nothing original here, I can detect many other fragrances in this one, and based on Gio.
This is kinda boring to me and I gave it away. Still prefer the original with a touch of pepper in it, which makes it stand out, but it's just too popular to wear anymore.

happytime
happytime

In whole mr antonpan u have 2 respect other people opinion and I really don't know your complaint regarding the perfume, with all the respect to your childhood and your memories with intereact which fortunately we are not interesed in.

To end up don't force your opinion upon others cause we didn't ask you why and how u could dislike a perfume like this as we respect your opinion.

oilman
oilman

i so love it....women smell me all day!!

partan.iran
partan.iran

به نظرم برای فصلهای گرمتر مناسبه
خیلی شبیه بوی بربری اسپورت هست با این تفاوت که با گذشت زمان اون ترشی و به اون شدت فروتی بودن رو نداره.خیلی فرش
هستو انگار یک کمی آب ریختین رو صورتتون!
و تقریبا مثل سبک solo loewe
عطر تندی هست که شخصا این بوها رو زیاد نمیپسندم، البته با گذشت زمان یک کم ملایمتر میشه اما همچنان تند.
بوی جدیدی اصلا نداره بر خلاف تبلیغات ، و شاید هم دیگران حس کنند یک عطر قدیمی زدین!
پخش بوی مناسبی داره اما دوامش روی پوست من که جالب نبود نسبت به قیمتش
با این قیمت قطعا فکر میکنم که انتخابهای بهتری هم باشه

stromboli77
stromboli77

This IMO is better than the original light blue pour homme. Its smoother, cleaner, lighter, fresher, and extremely versatile. JUST want you want in a summertime fragrance. The notes in the opening are defintely in a citrus-ginger type accord but they don't seem to focus on anything particular like lime, lemon, or orange. It seems to be a very nice blend of different accordes which I find appealing. Those "water notes" really do it justice because for the most part it stays a bit more "watery" all the way through than the typical aquatic. With the added warmth of pepper and florals this is as fresh, clean and smooth a fragrance as you can get. Perfect for a daytime summer fragrance.

Linden
Linden

Sweet citrus opening - bit like Dior Higher, then becomes sharper with strong geranium, almost like lemon scented glass cleaner. This combined with the soft pepper and salty aquatic accord creates a dry, astringent feeling anchored with soft patchouli; similar to Z Zegna.
I keep being disappointed by D&G lately,short lived on me, not crazy about it... -sigh-

shakshoka
shakshoka

Burberry Sport in another bottle ^_*

svillatoro
svillatoro

I prefer the original Light Blue which is one of my favorites. Too much patchouli and amber which makes it a very common scent.

Try it first...

antonpan
antonpan

In whole I don't understand what some of you found in this fragrance. It's absolutely nothing like the regular Light Blue Pour Homme, it is more citrusy, more "clean" and less peppery. It has a ginger note to me (though it is not listed), but I felt the same in one of the Avon fragrances that I used when I was a child (I think it was named Interact). Typically poor longevity.

Noseitalia
Noseitalia

It's a very clean fragrance, pretty much like the original but it has no lasting power...2 hours on me!

frangellan
frangellan

This is very similar to armani acqua di gio, with the exception of the vetyver which adds an interesting twist to it

babybash44
babybash44

This is sooo much better than the original. It's more refined, more sporty, sweeter, and more summery. I absolutely detect the ginger-ale smell at the beginning, and it melts into a delicious aquatic that makes me want to smell my wrist at every possible moment. Truly a masterpiece. A flanker actually worth trying!

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This smells pretty much almost like like the orig. at least to me minus the sourness(agreed) that the orig has, so yeah I act. do prefer this one over the orig. its watery fresh && clean, tolerable && enjoyable for the summer this should have been the light blue for men. LOL && like the previous comments I can get the comparison to ginger ale && I do love ginger ale so why not like this..&& yes it's an aquatic fragrance but its not like other ones I also so agree it does have a classiness to it that makes it stand out && is suitable to wear whenever you please, but like I stated with dreaming in portofino it's going to have to be something you have to try for yourself, it is very nice though I'm sure most will like it! :) O btw the bottle is actually clear it only looks frosted in the pic. && can be found now @ Maces, Nords, && Seph. && most dept. stores. :)

bay224
bay224

lol...this really does smell like ben-gay. I was thinking in my head about some type of medicine. It was in between bengay and flexall 454. To my nose this stuff stinks and is not what i think about summer at all. I much prefer the original light blue.

zippy
zippy

Almost bought blind. Glad I did not. It smells like ben-gay to me.

shortie_91
shortie_91

This reminds me a lot of ADG, but a bit sweeter, a bit more citrusy. Though it smells similar to some other aquatic fragrances out there, the pink pepper and patchouli really set it apart from the rest.
Smelling the cologne, I can immediately picture a young 18-25 yo wearing jeans and polo looking fresh and preppy, whom I think this is marketed to.
I prefer this over the original Light Blue since it's not too citrusy, and too much citrus can make me feel nauseous sometimes.
Not sure about the longevity but projection is average, will do better in the heat though.
Overall, I think it's worth a try if you're tired of ADG and want something new.

Anup
Anup

Got my bottle yesterday. This is a great change up for D&g, though it it only a limited edition flanker. You find a dryer, and citricy-er light blue within this alongside a huge improvement in quality. There is a slight fruityness buried in there, but it is overwhelmed by a salty dry woods/herbs. It is alike many aquatics on the market currently but separates itself by being a tad different. This fragrance will suit those who thought that light blue pour homme was a bit to full and moist.

Grottola

There's definitely a ginger note in Living Stromboli. It's a fizzy citrus-ginger accord, that reminds me of ginger ale, in a way. This brings it *close to but not totally like* Armani Code Sport. Of course, I prefer Living Stromboli much more.

I still highly recommend this if you're looking for a fresy, fizzy summer fragrance that stands apart from the drone clone masses.

Grottola

Before I start this review, I have to explain myself. I am by NO means a fan of the D&G house. I think they make sub-par, boring fragrances, and I've never been impressed by any of them. Light Blue is decent, but I've smelled it on so many women. Regardless, it's popular for a reason. I haven't tried By Man, but until I do, my view of the house remains a negative one.

THAT BEING SAID, I was blown away when I smelled this. I originally saw it about a week and a half ago, before people started talking about it on the web. The Macy's I was at (in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, by no means the world's most fragrant town) had a tester. They didn't have any bottles for sale, however. Just a tester. I couldn't find any notes lists until Fragrantica posted the article about this.

So, for starters, does Living Stromboli smell anything like Light Blue Pour Homme? To my nose, no. Fortunately. What I get is a strange icy mint/ginger kind of smell, or, bless my lucky starts, it might be a photorealistic geranium note! Yeah, how's about that? A real, honest-to-goodness fresh/minty geranium like in Frederic Malle's Geranium Pour Monsieur? Besides that, it's sort of a strange sweet-citrus smell. Believe it or not, I *sort of* smell elements of Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger. I also sort of smell some connections to Allure Homme Sport. This is one that I'll have to revisit, but so far I'm really digging it, and I'd love to get a bottle.

The longevity isn't half bad - I get about 5 to 6 hours out of it at the most, which is good for a fresh scent on my skin, which eats up fragrances like a competitive eater at a Chinese buffet.

Definitely try Living Stromboli. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, and I'm sure some people here will be able to decipher the scent better than I can.

Sha
Sha

Yeah, good question Marietita, i wonder that too o_O

marietita
marietita

por qué si el perfume no salio todavía, la gente ya puntúa las notas!?

Light Blue Living Stromboli by Dolce&Gabbana 3.73 out of 5 based on 238 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Living Stromboli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Living Stromboli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Light Blue Living Stromboli by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Light Blue Living Stromboli by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.