Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Rose The One Dolce&Gabbana for women

Rose The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos
Rose The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures Rose The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures Rose The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures Rose The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

Rose The One is a new fragrance by the house of Dolce&Gabbana which continues the line of fragrances The One from 2006 and L'Eau The One from 2009. Its notes are intoxicating and incorporate black currant, pink grapefruit, mandarin, lily of the valley, rose, litchi, peony, Madonna lily, along with ambrette seed, sandalwood, musk and vanilla. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 75ml edp.

Black Currant Grapefruit Mandarin Orange Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Litchi Peony Lily Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Sandalwood Musk Vanilla

Rose The One Fragrance Reviews

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

I like that blackcurrant fresh sourness, but sandalwood appears very quickly and ruins that sour smell wiyh that suffocating creaminess :( In fot sandalwood, then it would be geogious perfume.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

There was this one time when I owned this bottle that I was taking photographs in a local rose garden. I swear, one of the rose bushes smelled like Dolce and Gabbana Rose The One !

This perfume is so awesome...and so rose-like ! I love it. I am looking forward to my next bottle.

It is long-lasting, fresh, and pleasing. If I was to choose between the original The One and this, I will choose Rose.

The rose notes in this perfume is very noticeable. If you like rose, then this one smells like a CERTAIN species of rose. Remember, there are about 6 rose scents. About 300 species of rose , 6 of theses have scents.

D&G Rose The One is one of my more liked perfumes. It is not disappointing.

sadfuq
sadfuq

This scent made me fall head over heels for roses in general. I find it last quite long on me, longevity is about 5 hours. I HATE the bottle, so clunky.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

The only problem I have with this fragrance is it having called itself ROSE TheOne... I prefer this to TheOne because of the wonderfully full,tart mandarin note which breaks down the stifling vanilla notes in the original. A good fragrance that I would recommend if you can still find it. It was never rosy but it sparkles.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Cute for a teenager's first perfume for school I reckon. There's nothing overly offensive or overly delicious. It's just a sweet floral. But something isn't quite right, maybe there's just a bit too much green or the sweet has soured a little...
Of course you can tell by reading these reviews it lasts about as long as a body mist. I got this as a blind buy because it was on special, and I knew I liked the original but not enough. So definitely pick it up if you're not fussy and you just want a bargain, but if you've got a draw full like me - it's going to end up at the back and eventually passed on to someone else.
4.5/10

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

A very versatile perfume, in my opinion- it can be worn for any occasion. I think this perfume is quite office appropriate- it's a little sexy in the drydown, but not too sexy lol. It reminds me a little of Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, but that one's sweeter and this one is more tangy/slightly citrussy. Rose essentielle was an old favourite, but I think I love this one even more.

I agree with the reviewer before me about the lasting power- it's really good. I've just had a long shower and I can still smell the perfume on me (and I have dry skin and it's winter where I live!). Sillage is soft to moderate. The fact that it's an edition of The One puzzles me as the two perfumes are as different as night and day (The One is spicy and a strictly night-time only scent). All in all, a lovely perfume. I definitely want to buy a full bottle.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

I don't know what some of you are talking about that this doesn't last. I put this on at 9am and I can still smell it on me at 6pm. If dry skin is a problem, use Aveeno. If you're in cooler weather or cold air conditioning, this scent will hide. It is heat activated. I noticed that myself. So definitely a warm weather scent.

The lovely reviewer below me described this scent very aptly. No need to repeat what's already been well said.

Some say this is appropriate for office, but actually I find this a bit too romantic and sexy once the musk and a hint of vanilla comes in and mingles with the rose and lily of the valley. I find it great for a date during the day or out on a warm night with a special someone drinking a glass of bubbly champagne. Men love this.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Dolce Gabbana The One Rose
I don’t drink brut champagne often, because it’s so dry, but when I do, I like bellinis. The thing with good champagne is how it sneaks up on you later; you need to be patient and remember your limits. 1 bellini is not enough, 2 bellinis is just right, and 3 bellinis will make you sick. The same is true of this fragrance, which is definitely the perfume version of a bellini. 3 sprays are just right, and they need to be applied to warmed skin. Even on warm skin, this fragrance is chilled and very very glamorous. It makes me think of the ultra glamorous Dita Von Teese in her signature champagne glass dance.

It starts off with a burst of boozy rose, soft peony and musk accompanied by a citrusy grapefruit fizz. It’s very effervescent in the beginning; exactly like champagne bubbles – but it has a brut champagne feel, so the composition is not at all sweet. I get this same opening in The One and Sicily, but strangely not in any of the other D&Gs for women. An hour later, when the heart comes out, this fragrance really starts to blossom. The rose is spiced up with Casablanca lilies, it turns syrupy with black currants, and is softened with litchi. The heart lasts forever and sillage is big, which is my favorite part. The dry down tip-toes in very softly when the lingering rose and musk is joined by a warm amberette, sandalwood and lily of the valley.

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

This is a dislike :'(

Very rarely do I purchase a perfume that I end up disliking so much. I am usually very discerning and very good at analysing notes/reviews so I know I will love a fragrance even before I buy it.

Maybe it's my nose, maybe it's my bottle... but I see a lot of reviewers say that this is a primarily rose perfume...? It's SO not, to me! Rose The One is... very metallic and very fruity. Why is the rose in the top? It is gone in literally five minutes on me. Then it's just a berry fruity smorgasbord, with a very distinct coppery note throughout the wear, which makes it kind of... sour. It smells like SOUR FRUIT. I can't even.

I expected a rosey twist to the vanillary-peachy-musky goodness of the original The One. Nope. Nope. It's more like... a sour fruity ADDITION to the original, with a lot of rose in the top notes, to make you buy the stuff.

It is wayyyyy too chaotic on me. Ugh. No.

I guess if you were into fruity perfume you would/could like this. I am decidedly not. I prefer my perfume more crisp and clean. The longevity on this is pretty spectacular, though. It lasted a good four hours (even though I tried to wash it off my wrists with perfumed soap TWICE).

The bottle is BEAUTIFUL, too. Very heavy and substantial in the hand just like the original, and the rose-gold topper is stunning. It is now a paperweight on my desk. Womp.

Melyche
Melyche

This is a nice rose scent. I honestly am not into floral fragrances. I usually look for honey, balsam or fruit notes with flower notes. Besides, rose has never been an interesting note for me. I don't remember liking any perfume whose dominant note is rose, expect Hugo Boss femme- which is entirely different from any others for me. I find this okay. At least it's not soapy. However, I didn't get any note but rose. It just smells rose. The dry down is more powdery while the opening is floral. Not my cup of tea but a lot of people might like it. Very suitable for spring-summer.
UPDATE: After 12 hours it's still on my skin.The silage may not be heavy but longevity is WOW. It's just smelling the same. Rose ;) I'm gonna shower now. I wonder if it will still be on my skin.

umma toga
umma toga

This is a beautiful rose scent.it makes me feel ethereal and gorgeous when I wear it. The rose here is not screechy but rather soft and breezy. I just adore it.

Sweelty

Update: I can still smell it after hot shower! So the longevity is really good on me:)

Sweelty

I would say this perfume is not that mild. It is not too heavy but I think it is more of an evening scent. I would not wear it during the day in summer, maybe in winter I would. The rose smell is very deep and sexy with romantic notes. I would recommend it for ladies from 20+ for a romantic dinner event.

prang
prang

Such a mild rose perfume.I pretty like this kind of scent but this does not last so long on my skin, just only 2 hours after that it fade quickly.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

One handsome guy stand behind me, smell me like crazy!!!! iT MAKES me scare n happy :)
still not my fav, i have other 20 perfumes in my wardrobe. but what a wonderful experince I had ((:

babykays
babykays

a very feminine, rose perfume. it's quite enjoyable but it's not unique. i like it, but not my favourite. however, this was my first d&g perfume i bought, and it was a successful first impression. i wanna buy more d&g.

MissYoo
MissYoo

I absolutely love love love this perfume!! Bottle is nice and simple but very elegant. The smell is just divine. It has a rosy (but not old-fashioned) scent with obvious floral notes and towards the end there are citrusy notes. I just love this so much.

This is very pretty scent compared to original The one. I like how light, floral and easy-going it is. No overpowering amber in it. It's youthful, fresh and romantic rose scent with some citruses.

Lacrimosa
Lacrimosa

❀ When I first smelled this perfume I thought I smelled fresh cut roses with a hint of vanilla! The dry down is also nice, seems a bit powdery along with a lighter rose scent. Really romantic!

bsmith2408
bsmith2408

I had been searching for that perfect, beautiful rose perfume, well....I found it!!
When I first tested this on my wrist it left behind an almost shampoo smell on my skin. Love it!!

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Anybody else getting a pink champagne vibe from this? First thing that came to mind: fizzy, bubbly rose!

Happily, I am able to detect 'The One' in this.. I truly think they are all well composed, and don't leave me with the impression of the typical designer perfume. Something about the combination of notes remains intriguing to me, doesn't really get old.

I will admit this oozes "young girl" so be prepared for that aspect of it, if you're thinking of blind buying like I did ;p I will say that it's not as candied and sticky like so many of the fragrances aimed at the younger crowd. This feels balanced.

Rosy, warm, and bright.. mmmm then slightly boozy with that note of champagne-likeness (citrus and lychee?). Smelling this on my hand now, and this just went from like to really like!

SunnyGo93
SunnyGo93

This perfume is beautiful. The instant I spray it all the notes just flush out of the bottle all at once. There is a strong rose, lychee, and mandarin orange at the beginning which is really great because I love all those smells. The dry down is gorgeous as well; there's only a teeny tiny hint of musk but the lychee and rose blend so ever perfectly creating a wonderful aroma.

All together I would give this 10/10. It's not every girl's cup of tea, but I adore this fragrance. I would say it suits a mature, romantic, and feminine woman. It's great for an everyday wear but it's lovelier at night, in my opinion.

I cannot get enough of this perfume!!! I LOVE IT~

hedikukk
hedikukk

Very delicate daily perfume, very feminine, very rosey. Perhaps not a showstopper but everyone who appreciates quality should find this pleasing.

Princess
Princess

This is very elegant and non offensive, a pretty rosy scent.

Luthien999
Luthien999

Romantic and gentle scent. Rose Bouquet with juicy litchi, peony and citruses. Made for romantic woman indeed.

lyciumchld

I FINALLY picked up a bottle of this little gem and I couldn't be happier!! The only con to Rose The One is the longevity - usually about 3 hours. It does last a little bit longer on clothing, and lotion can increase its length and potency as well. Nonetheless, Rose The One is the quintessential jeans fragrance and I highly recommend it.

Rose The One doesn't deviate too much from the initial spray, but that's quite alright with me! Lovely lychee and beautiful rose dominate this delicate scent for the duration of its wear. It's elegant enough for a nice dinner, but best suited in my opinion to jeans and a flowy top. I keep a large number from my collection in rotation, but this is likely one I'll be wearing more frequently, as its projection is modest and inoffensive: perfect for close quarters (work, school)!

I was only able to afford the 1oz bottle, but it is all but guaranteed that when my little bottle is done, I'll be back for more. Love!

YogaRose
YogaRose

This scent is absolutely heaven on one of my coworkers, but not with my chemistry :(
How I crave that rose and pretty grapefruit the way it is on her.
Try before you buy.

Kara712
Kara712

I don't really like rosey perfumes, they smell like old fashioned ladies to me, haha. This one is...pleasant. I don't know if it's because I'm totally in love with the original The One or because it really is nice, but I kind of like it. Not sure if I'd wear it.

angeldoll
angeldoll

Lovely light scent ! I have original perfume "The One " in the gold bottle. Its very sweet and powdery, yeah. But This ONE is different. Its fresh, soft, flowery and citrusy. I prefer heavier perfumes but when I want to change, this is the right one :) It's my favorite scent even when I using heavier perfumes. This is perfect choice for the spring & summer days or nights :)

ellapage
ellapage

I actually picked this one out for myself and I decided to ask it for a gift because it was for an amazingly low price, and I thought the scent was quite wonderful. I know I really enjoy this perfume, but I can't yet tell if I like Rose The One, or if I love it. That will take a bit more time for me. EDIT: I LOOOOVE this :) Oh it took a little bit, but now I'm totally in love with this scent!

What I can already tell is that this scent is very soft and elegant. It's classy in a youthful way. Rose The One makes me picture a young lady in a pastel colored dress walking around in a rose garden. Obviously I think of the rose garden because of the roses in this perfume, but I think what really makes it a garden instead of a rose bouquet, is the freshness the grapefruit note brings to this scent. I do very much like the adds for Rose The One, but I honestly don't think of Scarlett Johanson in a sensual setting at all. To me this scent is more innocent and pure than alluring.

I think the bottle is stunning and I adore the rosegold color. I got the 30ml version and honestly the bottle looks like it could contain more than just the 30ml. Sometimes the small version bottles don't look as pretty as the bigger sizes which is really irrotating, but I really appricate that D&G didn't make the smaller bottles any less luxorius and expencive looking as the bigger ones.

For me the most identifiable notes are obviously the rose as the most dominant scent, the fresh grapefruit and maybe the slightest bit of musk and some sort of white flowers, but I personally would have not been able to recognize it as peony. For me it's hard to say about the litchi, whis is voted here as the second main note because I don't actually know what litchi smells like. Rose the One is definitelly nonoffencive and innocently elegant. Very likable all in all.

naaym.agecra

Smells like a very nice breath to me. I love this perfume♥

ForeverKnight
ForeverKnight

I found this one by accident but WOW! I love it! I'm a sweet & rose lover and sadly most sweet perfumes have to mix in a powder or patchouli. Powder or Patchouli will just end up making me ill!

This perfume has a perfect balance of sweet, rose, and clean. My fiance, who is sensitive to scents, even agreed that this was a lovely scent.

I'm so happy I found this one!

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

Lovely rose scent. it is fresh but still gentle with a hint of vanilla. It is elegant, feminine and absolutely beautiful. Quite longlasting.

Mariaxm2
Mariaxm2

The most beautiful scent ever!! Soft rose with a hint of vanilla. And it lasts the whole day even if it's very discrete. I love it, this will be my new sinature scent.

snowbunny007

This is the freshest and cleanest rose fragrance I have ever experienced. It is very modern, dewy, scrubbed and pampered with fruity/rosy notes.

No powder. Not too much vanilla either. Not a dry rose- a dewy and cool one. Refreshing. Aquatic fruits lighten the rose and make it friendly and happy.

I love this scent. It's girly and coy- as opposed to womanly and femme fatale. It's sexy in that modern way that makes you think, "wow, where did she get her hair done? It's so new and fresh! she's probably a model or something."

That is how it makes me feel. Young, fresh, and sexy.

kytikyti
kytikyti

I like it and i think i will purchase it like a secondhand. But its a lot of litchi there. Especially at the beginning. But than it kind of settles and is nice.

naaym.agecra

Sensual, warm, gentle, elegant rose scent, very sexy. This is one of my fall & winter fragrances. ♥♥♥

romyxangela
romyxangela

Oh yeah that is definitely rose, not the nicest smell in the world, it is cloying, and not very fresh. It is the perfect scent if you love roses though, I have to admit. I'm not into floral scents though. But D&G have made a really nice perfume here for rose lovers.

First notes are really great, truly rosy, beautifully floral. Unfortunately, later it develops on my skin into too much soapy scent. Skin chemistry is different for every person, that is why it is so advisable to try a scent on skin before purchase. This one is not for me, even if I love first notes.

dovey
dovey

A Cold rose scent with the original cakey sweet vanilla of (the original The one) in the background
soooo elegant
I am sure that's what Angels smell like O:)

pipergirl
pipergirl

I love this! Such a beautiful,elegant,and romantic rose fragrance. Gorgeous year round but it would be especially nice for the spring.

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

Classy, sensual, perfect for any occasion.

Sweetfragrance
Sweetfragrance

I don't understand how girls say they don't want a 'old lady' rose scent. All rose scents smell the same- sophisticated, luxurious, and elegant. I'm a huge fan of d&g frarances and I just love this. Long lasting, not overwhelming, just a womanly scent. I love everything about it.

carolinedb
carolinedb

I'm 19, so Dolce & Gabbana's Rose the One is my first venture into a more "sophisticated" perfume. Keep in mind that this review is coming from a former Viva La Juicy addict, so I do like sweeter scents.

I am not a huge floral lover, so when I tried this as a sample last year, I didn't expect much from it. However, I love the smell of real roses and well as rose Turkish delight, which is what this perfume reminds me of. It is quite sweet, with noticeable citrus and fruit notes. The rose I smell is not a powdery, "grandma" rose, but a realistic, fresh one.

MartineLanthier
MartineLanthier

W-O-W!! This fragrance is everything I was hoping it would be... and more! Here's my story:...

I was looking for a floral perfume that would be gentle, fresh and womanly. I usually don't like floral perfume and I was motivated to find one that I would enjoy. I saw Rose The One for the first time on Fragrantica and thought the bottle looked sophisticated (and Scarlett Johansen is stunning in the advertisement!). So I decided to order a small bottle online. I received in the mail few days ago and was so excited when I opened the box. The box and bottle are simply gorgeous!!!

The first whiff was disappointing. I thought I had smelled several perfumes like this one before... So I jumped in the shower today and thought I would give it a real try. I put it on and fell completely in love, head over heels!!! It smells like real fresh cut roses, but I also get a hint of white floral, with a teeny tiny touch of citrus and sweetness.

It is definitely not overpowering, and I feel like my nose is already getting used to this fragrance, which is a good sign that it suits me. The down side is that I don't smell it as well as I did 10 minutes ago... Can't wait for my man to get home and tell me what he thinks!

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

the open is amazing. i love the fruity floral. it smells bright, fresh, and juicy. then the rose comes through and overpowers it. i get a little vanilla, but it is pretty much all rose. the rose doesnt smell too old though. i think it is a mature girly fragrance. like a preppy mature woman. this unforunately fades really quick and i really have to try to smell it, like after 3 hrs i can hardly smell anything on my wrists except a light rose vanilla. on my body it smells like straight up rose with a little depth of floral and fruit. i do think this could be an everyday fragrance as it isnt too heavy. one could also wear this to work. i actually think it may be perfect for work, since its so light.

my husbands opinion is that it reminds him of a glade plug in from a previous girlfriend. so i think because of that i will not be buying this. hahah

nellychick31
nellychick31

I have recently begun trying more rose scented perfumes in an effort to find one I really like. I have to say that I do like D&G Rose The One because it is a fresh floral, not one that is stuffy and overwhelming. The opening is rather citrusy with grapefruit and mandarin notes. The rose comes a few minutes after I initially apply the fragrance, but it doesn't last long on my skin and the fruity/floral notes actually return. I do smell a slight remnance of rose, but for being called 'Rose The One', I would have expected a bit more pronounced scent. Even though I enjoyed wearing this fragrance, I much prefer the original.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

For such a high end perfume, I was displeased. Perhaps it's just not the scent for me because the smell reminds me of fabric sheets. Others might enjoy this perfume. I'd classify it as a strong mature scent, that lasts decently on the skin; however, this fragrance was not the kind of rose scent I was looking for!!! Maybe I should have tried Valentino's Rock & Rose.

love45
love45

I just love this! I tried it today and I instantly fell in love with it! It is so soft, rosy, elegant, classy, sophisticated and more! Haha. I love the original as well! It truly is a beautiful perfume and I recommend it! ;)

elmizakamarulzaman
elmizakamarulzaman

The strong rosey smell made me fall in love with it for the first time I tested at fragrance counter. Love it to the max!

Caprice
Caprice

Very sensitive but about nothing, just one of the floral-fruit scents.

Dionne1024
Dionne1024

The scent is fruity but with a hint of rose in it. I am a fan of all The One Perfumes.

pyji
pyji

Starts off very rose with an edge of citrus and litchi that cuts through that musty quality that rose often has and which I dislike so intensely. Very pretty opening. Then, as it settles on the skin, I get wafts of white flowers, it must be the lilies, a 'harsher' rose (more musty), and lots of sweet vanilla. After a couple of hours the scent is very light, with hints of lily and rose on a sandalwood base. Very nice perfume.

naomigirl11
naomigirl11

Nice scent but it fades quickly on me like after an hour, it's barely there. I smell the musk more than rose.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I like this perfume. I would probably love it if it were a little stronger and didn't fade away quite so fast. I'm really fussy with rose scents. If the rose note is too overpowering and stuffy, I won't wear it. This perfume blends the rose with the rest of the notes perfectly. For me, the citrus mixed with the rose is a real winner. It keeps the fragrance light and fresh as opposed to some rose scents in which the rose dominates and drowns everything else out. This scent has a sparkling quality to it and would be well suited for summertime. I was lucky enough to find my bottle in a gift set for a great price. A nice fragrance but if purchasing be warned that this is one you will undoubtedly have to reapply throughout the day to keep the scent from fading away completely.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

On paper, this is a very pretty, light floral fragrance.

alexie4819
alexie4819

I love this perfume!!!!! It smells like rose and litchi which is very yummy. The scent doesn't last long maybe 2-3 hours but that is okay since I love the smell so much. I just have to apply all day which means I have to stock up on it during summer months:) I own The original The One and I prefer this over the original. If you love fruity floral girly scents then you will love this too!

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

This scent really like a real rose. But it's just a few minute. I smelled this scent like shower gel. Yeh it's very like a real shower gel. I love this scent so much because it's very glamorous, sensual and youthful

nora elia
nora elia

In my skin it has a very sharp smell really annoiyng . I am thinking It could be a fake one :(

kikiena01
kikiena01

"Rose The One" still has the vanilla, it is noticeable.
I can't say which one i like better, this or the original one, because they smell very similar. But this one is more kind of velvety, soft and less dominant, not as sweet and powerful. The rose is there for sure, but it blends perfecly with other notes, so it's not just straight floral.

The smell is cosy and more relaxed, I would use it for day wear and wear the original "The One" in the evening. It seems like a good compromise. It's a good perfume for the Spring time. It's decent, so it doesn't give you headache.

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

Calvini
Calvini

It's very fresh and rosy in the beginning (I guess it's the litchi?), then turns into good o' rose powder... guess it resembles the ad very well (just not as youthful towards the end).. wished the freshness would last longer.

harpist
harpist

I think this is a lovely perfume for those who like the original The One but want a fruitier and softer fragrance. The initial sprays had that lychee note that D&G does so well and then a powdery sweetness similar to a honey note sets in (from the vanilla)- the rose is only barely there though. I think the fruits overpower what rose there is. If you are seeking a complete rose you might be disappointed.

Rose the one is a sensuous and romantic day perfume where as The One is an outspokenly sexy evening fragrance- however there isn't too much of a need to have both of them since the base is that same powdery vanilla.

Rose the One lasted about 4-5 hours with moderate sillage in the first two, then soft for the rest. It is a refreshing fruity/floral/powdery that I would like to have if fate graces me with it, but not entirely one I'd seek to have as I own the original.

Edit: I'd like to add that during the summer it became a spicy rose on me. Not my cup of tea. I prefer The One over this as it has more lychee with a better powder vanilla base.

thazinha30
thazinha30

Like the smell but am still in testing mode. Upon spraying it, I smell roses and something fruity in the background. I am in search for a good, long-lasting spring fragrance and have a few samples i wanna try before i buy (got stuck with fragrances before that i didnt really like or care about) So far i like this scent a lot but we'll see how long it'll last on my skin.

EDIT: 2 hours later, I still smell the perfume on my skin and it still smells good, the fruitiness is kinda gone though, and I mostly smell flowers now, not particularly rose.

EDIT: I sprayed the sample on my skin (wrists, behind ears, cleavage and a spritz in front of shirt) this am and i liked the smell but right now (6 hrs later) I am not loving this. I had to reapply after a couple of hours and I actually love the smell upon spraying, it's fresh, floral and fruity but after a couple of hours it smells... blah! Still good but just too plain. As much as I like this scent I don't think I'll be shelling out all that $ to buy a bottle. The smell on my shirt is delightful but on my skin is just it's very bland. I still have a full tester at home so I might still try a few more times before deciding but for now this is a no-no :(

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

D & G Rose the one? Well that's just my problem - I enjoy rose in a fragrance. Unfortunately I find that on my skin the fruity notes seem to drown out the rose. It is like going to visit someone and to impress they filled their home with beautiful rose and fruit arrangements scattered all over. What a pity Certainly a wearable fragrance. However, I certainly agree with a previous review nothing earth shattering and if you are a rose more than a fruity fan as I am, it is just one more cool fragrance for the summer. I shall scent my home with my bottle or wear to the grocer or to collect the post but I shall not repurchase when finished. I have never smellt the fragrance "The One" to make any comparison.

wooedwithpeonies
wooedwithpeonies

Now fragrance commercials always have a way of creating a world in which the perfume smells, as you probably already know. so when I saw Scarlett johansson lying on a bed with soft makeup and feminine curls, in a hazy pink room, romantic background music, while she spoke to me in french, I was mesmerized. I had to know what this smelt like. I looked up several youtube reviews and soon found myself here on this site looking up the notes. I found a small sample size on amazon but I debated for a week or so weather or not to buy it because it was 20$ for .16 oz which (at the time) I thought was crazy expensive. In the end i gave in and bought it. SO so glad I did it is now one of my all time favorite perfumes. womanly, mature but not granny at all. soft, feminine, romantic, a bit powdery, floral ,and delicate. I soon finished the tiny baby size and bought the biggest bottle i could find.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Finally a rose scent that is not musty nor dusty.

Very fresh thanks to the litchi and citrus, also fairly sweet.

Well-balanced rose that is long lasting. The rose is present in various guises from spray to dry-down. I love the way the scent radiates giving different mixes of rose; citrus-rose, fruity-rose, white flower-rose.

I wear this in extreme heat and humidity (35+ C and 50%+ humidity) and it is neither cloying nor offensive.

Longevity: moderate to long
Sillage: moderate

freddinos
freddinos

This and my body chemistry are a lethal combination. Instead of fresh roses, a dirty-spicy note is accentuated, and it smells like body odour. Reminded me a little of Chloe, in the way fresh roses didn't work on my skin too:(

musi1701
musi1701

Ich habe früher nie gedacht,daß es einem Menschen tatsächlich schlecht werden kann von einem Parfüm. Habe gedacht es wird einfach übertrieben. Zum ersten Mal hat es mich selbst erwischt leider, ausgerechnet mit diesem Parfüm "Rose the One", wo beim ersten Mal aufsprühen dachte ich, sehr angenehmer Parfüm. Doch beim längeren tragen(Paar mal versucht)kamm die Übelkeit extrem, konnte nicht erwarten aus dem Praxis nachhause zu kommen und gleich in die Dusche zu steigen um es abzuwaschen. Für mich riecht das wie eine Leiche, kann nicht mehr riechen, habe meiner Schwester abgegeben. Sie darf das Parfüm nicht in meiner Anwesenheit tragen. So schlimme Erfahrung habe ich noch nie mit einem Parfüm gemacht.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

like the base notes..until then, I dislike it..when it's dried down, it does become an amazing scent on your skin..love.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

My younger sister and I always been close. But our skin chemistry couldn't be more different. Rose The One is one of the only fragrances that smells good on both of us. I get the rose and floral, with a little bit of fruit. The sweetness comes out on her. It smells completely different on each of us, but it's lovely both ways.

Kevin_tuan_91
Kevin_tuan_91

The smell is exactly the name !!! Rose !!! But it is not for who is allergy . My gf think it suitable for men , but I don't think so . Smell nice

irrrin
irrrin

Like a bunch of roses... Love it!

aveilhe
aveilhe

This is a classic feminine floral -- not particularly unique or noteworthy, but pretty, bright, and romantic. To my nose, the litchi and fruit notes are more dominant than the rose. When compared to the new Chloe (another bright, youthful rose), the rose note in The One is rather muddled -- I get a generic floral "vibe" rather than a strong rose impression. The dry down is lovely, however: soft and gentle, with a touch of vanilla sweetness, clean-citrus floral notes, and subtle musk mallow.

The One is an easy, wearable everyday scent. Because of its subtle femininity, I also see it as a good option for a Spring bride. This is strictly a spring/summer perfume as the base notes are light and the top notes are zingy and refreshing.

lyciumchld

Delightful citrus opening and a rosy heart with fresh fruits lingering. Smells clean, fresh, and very feminine. I really like it.

shwetadwivedi
shwetadwivedi

This gorgoeous rose is made truly special with a hint citrus and sweet notes. It is a special perfume. The bottle is as classy as the perfume it holds. Its sophisticated, unusual charm is however let down by the weak lasting power on my skin.

However let us still give it the credit for being gorgeous

nomi77
nomi77

very strong at first but after a while wonder full

melissa1619
melissa1619

Im not crazy about rose fragrances. Its too much rose for me when i took a whiff it irritate my nose and eyes then after i feel it fogging up my chest. but if you absolutely love the smell of roses this one will do.

suhaesa
suhaesa

rose the one.. much better than the one!..its modern.. ..rosy .. citrusy.. light... green.. not a skin.. mellow sensual.. velvety.. scent..its a perfume you want to spray on your clothing..it turns sour.. acidic..its strange..in its own way..its not a seductive.. womanly.. scent.. its a younger college girl type of perfume..
the grapefruit and mandarin orange are lost within the Lilly of the valy .. peony and amberte seeds and the rose and the white florals are also lost inside ..litchi and bergamot are trying to survive.. it the vanilla and the sandalwood are not very happy ..to carry such clumsiness of notes.. that dont compliment each other.. or enhance one another..they have lost their souls and being.. in an uncharacteristic acidic y plastic y composition..fit for the untrained noses ..for mass production ..for the poor newer generations that have not smelled pure bliss and are being swept by all the synthetic unorthodox nonsense we smell now a days..

perfume ratting 3.8 out of 5
botlle ratting 4.2 out of 5
edp 75 ml
bought from sephora at about 120 us $
my personal liking rating 3.2 out 5

Lanlisa
Lanlisa

Loved it from the start. Beautiful fresh rose but it does not last long so I layer it over miss dior and coco m or lavanila pure. Dreamy for the few minutes it lingers on me. Wish it had staying power. I purchased Stella which the rose lasts longer but is more of a dirty sexy rose vs this choice which is more fresh picked. I will probably make this bottle last since I won't buy another unless the formula is made more lasting. Body lotion lasts longer for layering. Love!

gabygol
gabygol

Love the scent but unfortunately for me it doesn't hold on my skin. I've discovered that soft floral fragrances are my enemies... It was a gift from a great friend and I keep it because of that. Whenever I use it I retouch every 3 hours, that's the only way I can enjoy it. Love the bottle, love the color and love Scarlett. Is a compelling, elegant and very chic perfume.

firenginered
firenginered

I love this perfume! I only wish that it lasted longer on my skin. :)

afefa
afefa

O perfume floral com rosas mais delicioso que conheço... fresco, suave e sensualíssimo. Em mim ele começa um pouco cítrico, azedinho, depois amadurece para um floral maravilhosamente gostoso de rosas, sutilmente doce por causa da lichia e por um pequeno toque de baunilha, e fresco por causa dos lírios. Amo ele, uns dos meus preferidos, se não, o preferido. Ele é especial, dá para usa-lo de dia como a noite, tanto no frio como no calor, e cheirar a mulher rica e sensual. Tem a duração espetacular. Ele é perfeito na minha opinião.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

I am looking for a beautiful perfume that has rose as a main scent, so I was very excited to try Rose The One. Based on how other reviews have said many different things about this perfume, I really recommend trying this one on to see how it reacts to your chemistry. For me, Rose The One is very fruity and not floral at all.

The opening is fresh and citrusy. The grapefruit and mandarin smell so lovely together and are very uplifting. There is something lightly tangy and almost bitter in the top note; it could be from the grapefruit or maybe even litchi. The bitter smell adds texture, but it feels slightly off from the rest of the beautiful citrus top notes. Whatever it is, it’s not prominent and only lasts a few minutes.
The rose begins to appear after those few minutes and adds some lightness to the fruity fragrance. It’s not strong and I can barely smell it. No matter, the rose fades quickly on my skin (after a half hour) and gets completely drowned out from all the fruity notes. I actually don’t smell the rose or any floral in this perfume after the first half hour despite being called Rose The One which was disappointing.

This perfume lasts for many hours. This would be a great fragrance to wear in the spring and summer, but I would also like to wear this in the fall and winter as well. It’s feminine and classy and fresh—a nice everyday wear. I also like how simple and elegant the bottle is. Overall, if I were looking for another fruity perfume for my collection right now, I would buy this. It has a unique and gorgeous opening, and the fruity scent lasts for hours on me. But it's lacking that special something that would make me impulsively break out the cash for another fruity scent. And since I was hoping for roses, I am disappointed that the rose or any floral was completely lost on me. Definitely try it for yourself because it seems like some other reviewers were able to smell roses and other florals on their skin. 4/5

Perfumegoddess23
Perfumegoddess23

I think this scent is super sexy & very elegant, I only wear this one on the days I'm feeling glamorous & want to stand out!

ingalee
ingalee

I have had a small sample of this perfume.and I got a big bottle of my partner in the birthday gift, guess if I was happy!! =) Do a lot about this very perfume.smells rose and fresh and sensual. smells not so strong, but will be close so it smells wonderful, feminine, yes sensuellt.Sits a while so it's great, I love it, like it rose and not so strong fragrance, it is a must, in my opinion! !

pbluberry
pbluberry

Smells pretty good. Noting spectaculer. Very soft and sweet not sharpe at all. There is some litchi buy not as much as Chloe. It smells similar to The One with a hint of rose. I think they both smell sweet like maple syrupy. Just another pretty pink bottle of perfume I'm drawn to buy, like the others I already have. lol

Such an easy rosy modern scent to wear, everyday, when you want to feel pretty. I like it.
It isn't outstanding, but fresh, feminine and a bit fizzy almost. At times on me it turns a bit metallic. I get tired of it easily though, but once in a while I reach for it, longevity isn't great, but it overall manages to be a modern rose scent, without being watery, or old fashioned.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Holy roses! I have noted in other reviews that rose notes really come through strong with my chemistry, and this fragrance is really ALL rose, and it is at its strongest as the middle notes come through. This makes sense, of course, because Bulgarian rose is listed in te mid notes. It is a very feminine scent, very little amber and musk at the base, but you have got to love rose to be able to even think about wearing Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One. I will say I loved it at times, namely about an hour in as the scent was on the drydown, but overall only kind of liked it because the rose was so overpowering on me.

tellesnovaes
tellesnovaes

Perfume comum,sem graça,com cara de nada.

suesue
suesue

I think I dont like it. Another reviewer said, you'd better wear a rose scent today and original the one another. I think thats true - the two parts ("the one" and "rose scent") don't fit together i think.

I will use up my 10ml sample but i will not buy a bottle.

Plus - lasts only 2-3 hours on my skin.

beauty00
beauty00

this is just soo nauseating

daredevil
daredevil

Sour rose makes me think of my grandma not lasting on my skin

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

this scent didn't work for my skin. it smelled a bit plastic on me. but the rose is lovely though

opallara
opallara

I originally bought this as a replacement for Stella by Stella McCartney. Don't bother. The lasting power on this sucks. It's a nice smelling perfume, but like others have said.........it's nothing worth writing home about. You want something to not only last, but be extra special. This is neither, sorry to say. And for the price? Yeah......enough said. I bought a $14.00 perfume which was a perfect duplicate of Allure by Channel for $15.00. Hot by United Colors of Benneton. If you're wanting the same "rose" from this misleading perfume that you want from Stella, then don't buy this one.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

JUST A BEAUTIFUL SCENT...JUST LOVE! MY BOTTLE IS ALMOST OUT....JUST DIVINE..fresh , femme, sexy , spring on me ..just a nice everyday scent. love both versions!

melissa3888
melissa3888

Maybe it's just my chemistry or my nose, but I think the rose element completely bungles the workings of "The One". It smells completely discordant to be in the bottle, on the blotter and on my skin. Granted, I am a groupie for The 1 EDT, but I do also like rose scents. But to me this smells like the bridesmaids broke their bottles of The One & RL Romance. Too much and wrong together. Pick one, and then wear the other tomorrow.

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

i dont found roses in it and its not longlasting, just OK perfume but I would not say special.

kristalbee
kristalbee

A fresh lemony litchi rose top note dries down quickly to uninspiring middle notes of rosewater with little depth or class. An inoffensive fragrance you could spritz on generously to do the gardening or go to the supermarket but hardly worthy of designer status. The drydown to a powdery musk reminiscent of cheap bodyspray comes very quickly and within 30 minutes the scent (thankfully) is barely there.

WafaaN
WafaaN

Would've been the best fragrance ever if wasn't for the irritating cheap musky base note that sticks and never go away. Amazing top and middle notes though.

Takhaet
Takhaet

This is a beautiful version of The One fragrance. I am not a big fan of The One but this one ..hmmmmm.... It is charming indeed. The rose is very fresh not overwhelming .

On my skin it smells like a rose with a hint of vanilla and ...mint . Yes mint.

Very feminine and fresh but still very sexy. Its like a fresh rose dipped in ice cubes covered with lemons and mint leaves.....
Quite original and perfect for spring and summer.

Exclusive scent.

wulan.anastasia
wulan.anastasia

it's sweet, flowery ellegant, and have that expensive scent that i always wanted from a perfume.

it doesn't last long though. after one or two hours the scent is barely there.
but if i manage to retouch again in my lunch break, the smell find it climaks, orgasmic.
i think because when the opening scent is dissapear whats left is the luxurious musky scent that mixed my body odor, and the fresh opening scent come again and make double the luxurious smell that already mixed with my own scent, so its kinda more personal and fill me better.

ThePinkOwl13
ThePinkOwl13

I absolutely love this! This is a very girly scent- there is something tangy about it. Does anyone else agree? It's not a bad tangy either, it goes so well with the soft rose.

Unfortunately, this lovely perfume vanished from my skin within an hour! I don't think I will purchase a large bottle, maybe a sample vial to wear around the house since it disappears so quickly.

snowbunny007

I like this fresh rosy fragrance. And, that's what I get...fresh and dewy roses with light, green, sparkly florals on a delicate vanillic base.

I am so judgemental about newer scents.

I like this one. It's good.

It actually smells rosy. Thats a bonus!!!

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is such a beautiful young modern Rosy scent. The litchi and grapefruit makes it fresh and prevents it smelling like a traditional strong heady rose that grandmothers like to wear. I also like Bvlgari's Rose Essentielle. This too would make a great bridal perfume. It's romantic and delicate and cosy!

candygirl007
candygirl007

This is really just a watered-down version of the original The One. It doesn't have the same glamour and sexiness that the original contains, it is much lighter and nose-friendly, thus better suited for day time. A very powerful rose note is added, so be sure you like rose before purchasing! Otherwise, the original is a nice neutral alternative, not too flowery but more glamourous.
The staying power is a joke though. 1 hour and i could smell nothing more on my wrist than a faint whiff of musk, which is a shame considering how beautiful this perfume range is.

icekat
icekat

Rose the One is a great everyday scent. It is girly, pretty, gentle and pleasant to wear. I think about Rose the One as a modern designer interpretation of a rose. It does not smell like a freshly plucked rose from the garden but it maintains the delicate charm of a rose and its beautiful pale pink colors with a romantic blend of citrus, lychee, peony and rose. There is a slight synthetic edge to the composition but it does not bother me one bit. I find the scent refreshing, modern and easy to wear.

Rose the One opens with a lovely blend of grapefruit and black currant. The grapefruit note is nicely done here. It is very uplifting and refreshing. The scent transforms into a rose bouquet combined with a nice lychee note. There is a slightly tart edge to the scent which I find quite appealing as it keeps the bouquet from getting too sweet at this stage. The dry down is rose and musk. Lovely but light. The longevity is medium but I do not mind re-applying.

Overall score is 7/10. I wear this scent a lot in summer and spring. I think this scent is great for those, who love the idea of a rose but prefer it with other notes especially fruity ones.

Whit
Whit

This is another one of those frags that I've walked past a thousand times and have never tried, until I started looking for a rose scent recently. This probably the rose scent I've been looking for; it's got a fruity vibe to it along with the roses. I sprayed this on a card and kept sniffing it while I was shopping. I had to make a stop on the way home and when I came out to the car, I was like "Wow, what is that nice smell?!" Then I realized it was the spray card. LOL This smells romantic yet sultry at the same time to me. I think I'll be purchasing this as my rose scent. :)

Update: So I got this the other day and it smells so lovely! When I put it on, the whole house smells like fresh roses! I'm so glad the rose note didn't do anything weird on my skin. To me, this is more of a "fruity rose" if that makes sense; I can really smell rose and lychee on my skin along with nuances of grapefruit. I have the original The One and to me, they smell different enough to own both. I think I'll be wearing this one year round as it's not too heavy for warmer temps. :D

leila_mic
leila_mic

A very delicate fragrance, as I feel it ... at the beginning it smells like green fresh blossoms ... after a while it turns into sexy delicate roses ... after more than 3 hours - it's creamy and powdery. I like it, it's very fine

RAYHANAH
RAYHANAH

Ultra sexy, this scent would be ideal for a brides wedding night.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

A hint of grapefruit is the first thing I smell when I spray this scent, quickly followed by a delicious rose note. Peony and lily are next in the (quickly following) middle stage. And in the dry-down an aura of vanilla hovers around all the notes.

Dolce & Gabbana - Rose The One -- Is this the One? Well, It's a classy rose. Not a rose you'd find growing carelessly in a garden, but rather a rose as one would find in a cultured and very well kept garden. A pretty and sophisticated rose. Chic and expensive. And the latter is my problem with this scent: It's pretty enough to be a scent I can use when the rose mood strikes me, yet it's not 'unusual' enough to spend that much money on, especially since its longevity could be better and the silage is pretty but very close to the skin on me. Also, I like to get whiffs of my perfumes throughout the day. And this one is very 'shy' in doing that.

Overall: it's a pretty and very classy rose, ideal for office or wedding-day.
I love the note composition. All the notes make for a wonderful rose scent. But I miss a bit more...Oomph...a bit more: "Hey! I am still here!!" -- But that's my personal preference and not a reflection on this wonderful rose.

I recommend it for people who want a modern, sophisticated and quality rose scent that smells expensive. On your chemistry it might be the bomb! Sample on skin and make sure it evolves and you love it and it loves you back! God knows it's expensive enough and should love you lots! : )

Silage: "I am a long-stemmed Baccarat rose, pink not red though! Walk by and admire me" -- Longevity: "faint whiffs of classy rose for 3+ hours (on me)"

persefonex
persefonex

My mother loves rose parfums. I think they are for old people, whatever, I felt in love with Chance Eau Tendre and my mother bought Rose the One for the roses. I tried it in her house and I loved it. Then Knew that my brother gave it to his wife because he loved too! I hate to smell like the people around me, but with this fragrance i will do an exception and i won't care that my mother, my sister in law and me smell the same!! Is a very feminine and fancy fragrance. Is not the classical rose fragrance; is modern and fascinating. It will be a pleasure that all the women in my family smell the same!!!

KatFrench
KatFrench

Lovely scent, really gorgeous! Definitely rose at the start but fades into a soft sweetness with a hint of vanilla...I often wear this to work at a school and the kids love it haha...but so does my bf! Soft and a bit soapy, not overpowering at all, reminds me of my grandma (NOT at all in an old lady sort of way, just in a comforting, happy way)....lasting power is a couple of hours on me.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I have tried this perfume at the fragrance counter twice now. Each time I walk away and initially think ok....but then 20 minutes later I am like "Oh my goodness"!!!! The dry down is beautiful!!! I do not detect a lot of rose on my skin. Very very pretty!!! I am going back to buy tomorrow!!!

Edit: Went back to the store to buy and sprayed my arms while I was there. Yuck. Hmm...must be a fluke!!! Wore this today and yuck!!! What happened to my other experience. Seems like this was NOT meant to be after all!!! No rose just heady heavy white flowers. This may work for some, just not me. This is being returned ASAP!!!

Paluca
Paluca

I simply love this perfume. Before I got this one, I had Chloe EDP and I wanted a sweet but not too sweet, a fresh but not too fresh with a rose scent perfume. I can't believe how amazing this perfume is for me and how well it fits me.
It is so feminine and positive that, just by closing the eyes, with the scent of Rose the One, I can picture myself as Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. PURE LOVE

Namyra
Namyra

too much ordinary, nothing special to me. I prefer when rose based parfumes have a much fresher touch.

Nmarissac
Nmarissac

I'm drawn to rose perfumes, and love the smell of roses! This isn't a sharp rose scent, it's rather a soft muted rose. I actually get rose throughout, stronger at first and then softer as the litchi takes over. After about 20 minutes, the litchi sweetness tones down and the white flowers start to become more apparent. The drydown is also very nice, I get more of the soft woods with the floral. The vanilla is most prominent when it dries down. I personally am not a fan of heavy vanilla scents, but this is a soft, floral vanilla which gives the perfume just a touch of gourmand mixed in with the soft florals. Overall, I like this perfume, it's a warm, sweet floral scent that's very comforting to me. I get moderate longevity and sillage with it on.

flashingwhitelights
flashingwhitelights

Nice, sophisticated floral. It's not heavy like many of the old school rose perfumes are, so it's good for the workplace. If you like feminine fragrances, this might be for you.

amelie
amelie

I love the smell of fresh roses and this is just the opposite, but it's well done. Rose packed into something warm, as if wrapped around you...a very pleasant fragrance, like it.The One was too heavy, this is much much better, imo. And I find here even the vanilla attractive, and it says a lot because I usually avoid vanilla. Beautiful dry-down.

Aspendina
Aspendina

this smells just like the other The Ones but with a faint rose note, its pretty much I much more prefer the L'eau The One over them all its just a much more beautiful, cozy scent.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

This one to my nose is not similar to the original one .. this is smells as dried roses leaves ..

Having the vintage mood ,, I imagine a pride with a vintage dress wearing this, or maybe a mam or grandma !

Not for me ..

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

This is another I wouldn't even have given a chance to a couple of months ago, but thanks to my exposure to various fragrances etc...I have realized that it isn't the rose scent that I object to, but the heavy vanilla scent that goes along with it most of the time. So I really like this one, to me this is a fresh rose scent, more green than sweet and no vanilla to me, I know that the notes and accords say otherwise.

relevos
relevos

One of th best women fragrance i ever smelled...

Trinidella

Was looking for my review in my first avatar. It was listed as my trademark scent. This is an exclusive scent. Expensive here in Trinidad/Tobago. It last long and is not overpowering.

An Update! :

Yeayyyy! I just bought this perfume yesterday and i think it's worth the penny! It's quite expensive in Malaysia here. This perfume cost RM 320 and i have to wear cautiously because im not rich. LOL! :) I'm not rich, just an average woman who loves branded perfumes.

This perfume smells better than the original the one. This perfume is romantic, soft, feminine and slightly powdery and i feel like a girly girl when i'm wearing this perfume. The staying power is just okay. I estimate 5 hours on my shirt and i have to re-applied again but i think its okay because i really love the smell! JUST BEAUTIFUL.

I got tried to smell the original D&C the one and please don't get mad for those who love the original D&C okay? This is just my opinion and my opinion could be wrong =) I think the original 'the one' smell too strong and too woodsy. And i can't detect any fruity notes in there. And i think the original the one more suits to beautiful, mature and classy woman. It do smells expensive but just not for me. =]

Lovable Amy

@pollyjean23 : Alright! and thank you for your response! ;)

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

@Lovable Amy - You should be able to get some Fragranticans' opinions on these two fragrances in the forum section of the website. To get there, click "Club" at the top of the webpage, underneath the Fragrantica logo.

Lovable Amy

Can someone please tell me which one smells better?
Dolce Gabbana The one (Original) Or Rose the one?

Scent, Inc
Scent, Inc

This is exactly what the name implies. Rose scent + The One. The composition is identical to the original The One and smells like The One mixed with a blend of soft roses. The initial spray is noticeably rose, but after a few min a few other notes come into play such as the vanilla, lychee, and floral notes. This is a very sophisticated scent, yet its light and non offensive like some other rose type fragrances. It might however be too light for some likings. It doesn't last particularly long however, if you like a nice light sophisticated scent it would work for you. Perfect for spring or summer, a luncheon on the weekend, or brunch at the country club. Very nicely done.

This is very comparable to Ralph Lauren Romance, and Vera Wang Truly Pink

ellachamp
ellachamp

the smell screams beautiful and sophisticated. the first time i smelled it I envisioned a classy woman who is not demanding attention. naturally beautiful without being overbearing or repulsive. I really love it except for the fact that it doesn't last long. one hour tops! so disappointed. a bottle is not exactly cheap so i expected more.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Take "The One"... add rose! I still get the vanilla, litchi, and citrus of The One, mostly... with just a tiny HINT of added femininity, which I assume is the addition of rose. It's really hard to pick rose out from this one, actually. Not bad, but I would take "rose" out of the name... gives the wrong impression.

Scarlette
Scarlette

A gorgeous, sweet elegant Rose!!! This is my most favorite rose perfume. Very sexy and wearable on my skin.

I usually don't go for florals like this, but this is a pretty, warm, lightly spiced, juicy rose. This is just my style, as I don't really wear flowery scents.

Very fresh thanks to the citrus, but not tart....just right!! Perfect for warmer weather, or anytime really.

The ambrette/sandalwood/vanilla really makes it interesting & deep. I usually find that rose scents feel watery, even if they are strong. This beauty has no such problem!

doku
doku

very floral, fresh scent, for every occasion. you have to watch out for not applying too much of it on your skin, cause then you might feel a bit dizzy, cause the smell is so overwhelming and strong (at some point). I lkie it very much, but it is not my favourite. I prefer other floral scents, although this ine is a masterpiece of d&g :)

Teajunk
Teajunk

I love the smell so much. It's a very rose floral scent, very fresh and not too sweet. After smelling it for the first time I ordered a large bottle but after using it for a while I must say that it's not very long lasting, on my skin it lasts only about 2 hours. Very sad, the scent itself is gorgeous.

lyddi8
lyddi8

Fairly sweet, pure rose on application. It dries down to a very feminine, powdery and fresh scent after an hour or so. It's a nice scent but nothing overly remarkable.

SMarie9s
SMarie9s

I love this perfume! It's mature, but not "old lady ish". It smells really classy too. Great for daytime or nighttime.

bella_barbie23
bella_barbie23

I LOVE THIS SMELLS AMAZING, IT WAS PRICEY BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT, THIS WOULD BE A SEXY NIGHT OUT SCENT! DEFINITELY BEAUTIFUL AND ATTENTION GRABBING!
THIS IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE APART OF MY COLLECTION

witty
witty

I did not expect anything when just smelled it.. But any time I wear it I get compliments from men around))) so it is perfect perfume)))

dad hash
dad hash

I just LooooOOOoOOoOoooOOOoooOVe This one on women when they are with me and i am drunk and the wibe is hitting me every now and then when in a club i am getting towards the last stages of a long party (x) ! just can't describe that moment with words! when i am talking in the ears of a lady and it keeps turning me ON and ON .... PURE LUST ...( yeah the girl should be seductive to..hihi...10/10

Lushylori
Lushylori

I tested this one and I'm pleased with the scent.
I smell the soft scent of the roses thats not over powering like a lot of Rose scents.
I definitely want to add this one to my collection one day for sure :):)

cyln
cyln

the top is all rosses and i think too heavy. however the drydown on my skin is exactly like the original the one, creamy and powdery. i would prefer the original.. chloe is a better rosey scent for my taste..

vigilante_squirrel
vigilante_squirrel

Oh, I love this -- it's a wonderfully heady, rich, musky rose, but not overblown, not too heavy. Those dancing hints of tart black currant and grapefruit add great balance and freshness. Last and lasts on my skin (another reason to love it!. Drydown is smooth and luscious lily, peony, and ambrette, ending very warm with the sandalwood and vanilla. And thru it all that divine rose! All together a magnificent fragrance.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

This is "the one" for me. It has a delicate natural rose not killer stink bomb fake rose. It also has a sophisticated smell to it that would be good on mature as well as young women. It would be the thing to wear with a black dress and would be very ladylike.

It's not overpowering but very present and noticable still. Just like a sexy woman would be while still acting like a lady.

i'mtooobesessed
i'mtooobesessed

I LOVE this! Love this as well the original 'The One'! I love this "Series". <3

Raina
Raina

How lovely! I put off trying this out because I own the original and was not entirely wowed by it. But this is beautiful! A rose for those who do not like roses.

Typically, when I think of rose in perfumes I imagine the rose found in fragrances such as YSL Paris or Jean Patou Joy. A more rounded and mature rose, a little like potpourri. Its round and red and voluptuous, and its been around for a long time. This is not that rose.

If you've ever smelled fresh roses from your own or someone else's garden you'll know that real roses don't smell the way perfumists interperate them. They're fresh and soft and sweet, almost delicate in a way. I feel that that was what they were trying to capture here.

The lychee goes far in helping this interpretation, lending that freshness and delicate sweetness. I love lychee, and if you do as well then this is for you as it smells dominately of lychee and lily.

renee.small
renee.small

LOVE this perfume.
its my favorite. its mature without being grandma and just enough sweetness for a woman not a girl. extremely feminine. you really feel like a woman in this. very romantic and not too serious.

liza.jean
liza.jean

I love this perfume and I never thought I'd say that about a rose fragrance. Fo me rose perfumes often create visions of my 70-year-old aunts. But Dolce's Rose The One is not an old-fashioned rose; It's youthful and fresh take on a classic perfume scent. The citrus notes brighten up the rose heart and keep it interesting. And while the perfume's light it's not boring. However, don't expect anything too complicated when you use it. I agree with other reviewers that Rose the One isn't dramatically different or cutting edge. But who wants "cutting edge" all the time? Sometimes, you just want to smell pretty. Reach for Rose The One when you do!

Tory Olfac
Tory Olfac

It literally smells like a warm sunlit rose garden. Reminds you of pale roses and that fresh earth smell.

It smells like heaven on my sister and she even has a difficult skin chemistry to match perfumes to.
As a whole, it's a beautiful perfume, fun, romantic, fresh, understated.
whenever I smell it, it reminds me of Brontë novels or the Secret Garden, for some reason.

sabiwasabi
sabiwasabi

i liked it when i smelled it but i am looking for a more warm insence kind of rose perfume.with patchouli in it or something warm if there is somebody who can help me please mail me...thanx!!!

Ditto25
Ditto25

This is a very pretty scent. It is a soft rose scent that isn't "old lady" at all. I will admit on tester paper it stinks. It is too strong and smells too much of alcohol. But on skin or clothes it is light, pretty floral and lovely. I love it. The bottle is a pretty rose gold/blush color and very feminine.

hanipg
hanipg

Similar with guess pink but more deep.
This & guess pink are my favorite
Rose sweet
Silage good

Unikko
Unikko

My no-brainer scent, something I wear when I can't decide what to wear but I want to smell nice. Easy to wear, suitable for all occasions, but not very original or interesting. pretty, though, and that makes me reach for it over and over again. I've almost finished my 50ml bottle, which is rare to me since my perfume collection has hitted 3-digits long time ago, but I don't think I will repurchase. There are so many other soft, pretty, easy-to-wear florals to stick just with this. I get mainly rose and lychee on a soft, fluffy, sweet musky base.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

This is seriously a ROSE scent, feminine and elegance.

Necabel
Necabel

Este perfume no acaba de encajar conmigo. No me desagrada pero la encuentro con demasiado olor a talco y dura poco sobre mi piel. Su aroma a rosas es suave, pero a esta fragancia le falta un poco de chispa para mi gusto.

***

This perfume does not quite fit me. Do not bother me too much but I find the smell of talc and is short on my skin. The aroma of roses is easy, but this fragrance is lacking a little sparkle to my taste.

cerebellum
cerebellum

/ /@ Vincy_Gal, I agree!! (PS--this is added to my wish list xoxox) I'm really suprised that I like this one considering how much I dislike the regular The One which on me smells like mouldering peaches doused in kerosene. Rose the one is really pretty and very rosey. It lasts pretty long on me too.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Soft and powdery. The rose scent is not overpowering at all, which is a good thing as too much rose can be somewhat ''old lady''. Probably a good perfume to wear to work.

Colas123
Colas123

better than the one,but less long lasting and because of that i bought the one.this smell is more powder than original.

nooory
nooory

I was lucky to be in Milan when this first launched back in 2009, so the samples were abundant and the promos were too tempting. Having a sweet tooth when it comes to perfumes, i.e. vanilla/amber kinda gal, i wasn't attracted to this at first. However this hot Italian SA approached me with an offer i cant refuse (cliche, i know) but it was 30% off with a small bottle of lotion, and my husband is a already a fan of light florals (think, Tous Gold) so i said why not! i snatched a big bottle and the lotion and started wearing it just for the sake of changing, sometimes layered with some sweeter vanilla based perfume oils, and something weird started happening; many many many of my colleagues kept telling me wow you smell so good! it was weird, even a stranger at a spa once told me that.. i thought wow.. this must be a crowd pleaser!

I personally didn't detect the creamy/fruity/vanilla note everyone here seems to be smelling, that's why i like reading reviews on Fragrantica, but i'll keep a nose/eye on these next time i wear it..
All i smell is rose with some kind of a... i don't know maybe another flower i don't know that smells like baby lotion?... and it's slightly powdery, which i like. I'll definitely repurchase since it's so refreshingly light and the staying power is great.

SPHINX
SPHINX

Its a good smell, inoffensive, soft and sweet but not sickly sweet. The fruity rose tones are very pleasant but it doesn't last very long. I have to keep a bottle at hand and top up all day to have the desired lasting effect. It's fresh and summery and has a lovely dry down. Just a pity about the longevity.

dina
dina

Very nice fruity and creamy fragrance but I couldn't detect the rose...
It's fine with me if they name it Rose because of the juice color but not the notes !
Rose the One is pretty similar to Guess Seductive especially at the dry down, just fruitier.

ajl577
ajl577

I liked this because it wasnt so POW-hit-you-in-the-face rosey. I have Benefits Maybe Baby and tried to love it for the rose but sadly I cant. I know it was supposed to be vintagey but they couldnt quite clear the old lady arena. I think D&G was more what I had been hoping for in that scent, but then I suppose you get what you pay for...Anyway I love the light and powdery quality of this perume. Burberry Beat has much the same thing going on, at least to me. Something ephemeral about these scents that I love.

pammiecillo
pammiecillo

I got my bottle as a result of impulse buy. I gave mine away. The reason why I DIDN'T LOVE/LIKE it is because I'm not a fan of roses. I am into floral fragrances but, just, not roses. Actually, it's probably because my grandmother loves this kind of fragrance and as a kid, i remember her on Sundays wearing this type of smell when going to church. So the result is I've unintentionally associated this scent to old people. It's quite mature and too sensual. It also screams: 'SERIOUS' to me. I don't think, at 21 y/o, im quite there yet. It's not a horrible scent though, I wore it a few times.

Seraphic
Seraphic

I got this as a sample and thought that it would be interesting to try but on me it is a very faint smell of roses and then it dies completely to nothing.

Not much lasting power at all, which isn't bad. If you like the smell of roses and very faint feminine fragrances then this will definitely be up your alley.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

when I purchased this I was looking for a beautiful modern not overly complex rose scent, thsi was perfect, it wasn't too simple, just perfect! Very well done, I believe this is a better version from the original 'the one' for women. Would definently purchase again, sadly I wen t through it quickly. The lasting time is fair to good, I just tended to over spray this one, it smells that good :)

SheShe
SheShe

I like it. It's similar to the classic - The One - in the opening, with a rose scent. I don't like rose in perfumes, there are a few exceptions and this is one of them. Rose here is light, soft and very similar to the true rose. The smell is less sweet than the classic. I think I'd be wearing it from time to time. The bottle is classy.

Livca
Livca

Mmmm...yes, very nice, very light and feminine, everyone who likes the smell of roses will love this one. I like it especially because it's not too sweet, even though very floral, but no way a perfume which gives you headache...light, fresh, beautiful.

Faerunner
Faerunner

This fragrance is a floral bouquet, pure and simple. It's roses all the way down and while I think it's too strong for every day wear, it's one I'll put on for special occasions. The dry-down notes are really gorgeous, too. It's a very romantic, feminine scent but it dries down to almost nothing, so the overwhelming rose-lily notes don't choke the guy you want to get close to! On me, it doesn't have the lasting power that I wish it did. After an hour or two all I get is a very faint lily and musk, like I'd been in a garden and brushed against the flowers.

This is probably one of the only true florals I'd consider buying again, even though it doesn't last - the faint notes it leaves behind are really intoxicating!

TheDentist
TheDentist

If only it could keep the purity of that initial revelation of rose, it would be a wonderful perfume !!

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is so so lovely. i wasent shure i would like this one . lately i havent found anything good in rose scent, but this one is different. so soft ,crisp. clear.like rose petals just after the rain. crisp and fresh.
the vanilla and frut especily the litchi is prominant in this one . makes it sweet but not sticky. it goes just right whit the rose and vanilla. For thouse off you like me who have tryed the original The One and are not shure. they are to me alike in the vanilla base note , But added whit the Rose this becomes a real treasure.
I feel clean and fresh, sexy and lady like in this .
Long lasting, this is a mood lifter for me:)

meret
meret

Adorable! And oh, so charming! Gave it a try today, and I'm happy I did - it's so warm and pretty.

That said I also have to admit that usually I'm not a big fan of rose scents, simply because on my skin they tend to turn too sweet and overpowering. But this one doesn't seem to have that side effect!!! :)

So Rose the One will be one of my future (evening) perfumes for sure.

Pari88
Pari88

If your looking for a TRUE rose than obviously this fragrance like many other fragrances is not for you. You might want to try pure rose oils, or even slightly mixed rose oils, those smell like Heavenly roses indeed! But this is a great scent nonetheless. Plenty of rose with a dash of fruit smell, very typical smelling. Sometimes what the majority agrees on is ok! :-) Very feminine. Good everyday spring/summer fragrance

natefifield
natefifield

The initial burst of rose is fantastic, and so rare to find in such purity in a perfume!

But unfortunately, that wears off rather quickly and dries down to something that smells a bit dank and putrid, I hate to say.

Then after a few hours, it settles into the skin and gives of a very mild milky glow, which is not unpleasant, but still has just a hint of something slightly overripe.

If only it could keep the purity of that initial revelation of rose, it would be a wonderful perfume.

"O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy."

Bethesda

I reviewed this a few months ago but have to add that I love Rose the One more now than when I first got it and I thought it was pretty great then. I've been wearing it so much over the summer (day and night) and am still amazed at how gorgeous and versatile it is with its combination of light, fresh, dewy flowers and musky vanilla creaminess. Can't stop reaching for the bottle for a sniff of this almost euphoric potion even on the days I'm wearing a different perfume. A definite repurchase when it runs out, but I'm so glad I got the 50ml size because I'm going to need it! Lovely stuff.

n.hidayah

i love this perfume so much. however it doesn't last long :-(

servana

I've already reviewed this fragrance, however I just wanted to add something. I can't stand rose scents, but I have realised that it is Bulgarian rose which has been used in here. Bulgarian rose is different from other rose types in the sense that it almost smells (as treenhe stated below) like a "dirty rose". If roses could sweat, this is how they would smell!! It's almost like combining rose with freesia. It's that almost dirty scent. I love it, it's just beautiful. And the grapefruit compliments it very well, making this scent quite marvelous.

The Collection
The Collection

Alot of my friends look at me like a crazy person whenever i proclaim that Rose the One is my favourite Rose-based perfume ever. This is beautiful in its own unique and enigmatic way. The sexiness of this scent is what really draws me and i like the fact that it shares many of the same characteristics as the Original "The One" fragrance which is another favourite of mine. I think if i were straight and i had a girlfriend who wore this, she'd need a stick to keep me away from having my way with her. Not to approach into crude territory but there as an edible-ness (is that a word?) about Rose the one. The freshness of the fruit balanced with the Burst and innocence of the Rose and then that Creamy ozzing vanilla pulling at my senses almost drowning me (and i mean drowning in the best possible sense). I like to wear this on occasion. Maybe when i'm out with my mates or if i'm home alone reading a good book. I honestly have never smelt anything like Rose the One before and i'm glad because I bought 3 bottles of this and its probably the best thing i've done for myself in ages.

treenhe
treenhe

i'm not a huge rose fan but i thought i would give it a try as i had received a sample. the beginning is sharp and recognisably rose with almost a watery quality to it. it then turns a bit heady and suffocating like a pungent air freshener on a boiling hot day. the scent itself is nice enough but it's just a little overwhelming for me. when it calms down further, it is flooded with musk so that what was a nice watery-ness suddenly becomes an almost 'dirty' rose scent. i don't get any other notes than rose and musk all the way through. suddenly, *poof*! it's gone, without even a 'by your leave'....almost as if i'd scrubbed it off. if i loved this scent and had paid what i imagine is a high price tag, i would be extremely brassed off that it disappeared so quickly.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

This one is so-so: the opening is the best part, and that is the only time I really smell the rose (just the first hour or two). Then it becomes just plain The One, plus a lot of peony which is too sweet for me. I would have liked this better if there were more ROSE, less The One, and no peony.

Lasting power isn't great--maybe 4 hours, and it fades fast. Good for a hot day, if you can handle the sweetness. Good for peony lovers. They should have called it Peony The One.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I'm not a Dolce and Gabbana's fan or even rose notes, but I really liked this perfume from the very first time I did smell it.
Is a very feminine, longlasting, clean, and fresh scent.
Great head, heart and base notes, nothing boring, overwhelmed or annoying at all.

wind83
wind83

really love this perfume.
best of roses.. soft, not too strong...classy, elegant
love the bottle too.

but its so expensive:(

nazza28
nazza28

Received some samples yesterday. This does somewhat remind me of a cross between the dry down smell of Stella in Two Peony (which I also own and love) and the original The One by Dolce and Gabbana (also own this). I quite like it, very nice anytime perfume but it doesn't seem to hold very well. Still, I wouldn't mind a bottle of it, if it weren't so expensive!!

Kiku
Kiku

Although classified as a floral I would have to say it's a floral fruity. It starts with an explosion of fruit, grapefruit being dominant. This opening is fresh and sparkling but unfortunately does not last long. Peony shows up in the heart and takes over. It is a very strong and aggressive peony, rough and a bit raw. Roses finally show up in the drydown and they're lovely -- soft and silky and utterly feminine. They float under the peonies but can't overcome them. If you like peonies this one was made for you.

n.hidayah

i have dozens of perfume and i have never finished any of the bottles except this. for me it smells so elegant and classic. u would feel like a high class girl when u r in this. unfortunately the lasting power is dissappointing. thats the only flaw it has :-(

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

Initial spray was delightful. I enjoyed the soft opening wafts of citrus and black current, then the rose, lily, and peony swirling up in a lovely accord of tender florals. Then....horror. Something awful happened in the drydown. The drydown on me, for me, was literally sickening. Something in this formulation turned so unbelievably foul it actually started to make me nauseous and I had to go wash it off after 20 minutes and stop evaluating it. It was like Jeckyl and Hyde on me. The difference between the opening and the drydown was so extreme. Bizarre. I was sad since I liked the opening so much.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Its nice to me on tester paper and this smells good on my friend. However for some reason it did not last and faded on me. I like the one cologne on my husband.

Chaie
Chaie

This is one of my favorite perfumes. It really smells so beautiful. In my opinion this is the best of all the one perfumes. I always get compliments when I wear this beautiful rose.

JHB
JHB

I think it's my fave fragrance now! I use it every day.
Firstly it's fresh and delicious(grapefruit and rose). After it becomes soft, girly and attractive(peony, lilly)! Totally love it!)

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I’ve sampled 2ml.

This is lighter and softer version of the original The One, only with some rose and sourish fruits introduced. I still prefer the original one which smells like a bouquet of Real Pink Lily. Every time I pass by the front desk of my office, I’m always captured by the scent coming from the Liles in the vase, which smells exactly like the original The One that I have. Deep Deep Pink Lily!

Ok, back to talk about Rose the One, to my nose, it lacks some originality and uniqueness, just a simple variation of the former best seller. Though a lot people may say Rose the One is also a commercial success, but personally I feel it’s merely a common floral-fruity one which can be found here and there, sorry if I've hurt someone's feelings. Still vote for the original, which is in my top 5.

servana

This really is one to try. It's so fascinating!! Out of the bottle it smells fruity & slightly floral. I can smell the grapefruit & blackcurrant as well as some floral notes.

However, this perfume definitely changes upon the dry-down. It always starts out citrus-y with the fruits I listed above. But then it begins to change & it smells different on everyone. On my sister it smells like smoky, musky rose, whereas on me it smells like sweet lytchee & caramel. However, when my sister smells it on me she says it smells citrus-y & floral. It really does smell different on everyone & to everyone. This is one you definitely need to try.

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

I first smelled D&G The One Series on a coworker. She wore L’eau The One and I absolutely loved it. I was set on wanting to have it in my collection. However, after I tested Rose The One I changed my mind! (I’m glad I tested this before I purchased L’eau!)

Rose The One is beautiful. The soft rose is very elegant which could make it a great evening scent. And yet there is a juicy and sweet note that make it perfect as an everyday wear. I really love the mixture of sandalwood, musk and vanilla at the heart. When I wear Rose The One, I often times feel both sexy and innocent at the same time :) I think two sprays is perfect on my skin and seems to last the whole day.

eriona
eriona

good but nothing special

campfirekansas
campfirekansas

Smells nice, but nothing special. On my skin it smells very floral and verry vanilla.

I expected more rose scent in a perfume called "rose the one". Where are the roses here?

misscxox
misscxox

I regret wasting money on this perfume. I can barely smell it after 5 minutes and neither can anyone else. It's far too light.

If it had more staying power it would be a much better perfume.

Bethesda

Rose the One is delicate and soft but also manages to be warm and exotic. Womanly, but not girly - sophisticated, but not serious.

The notes in this are, to me, very natural as the top notes smell of real fresh mandarin, grapefruit, lemon (not listed but I can smell it) and the unmistakable rose scent you only get when you smell a single dewy garden rose up close. As soon as the fragrance starts to dry the divine heady lily note develops along with beautiful peony, and the grapefruit, along with the rose, is still there but more faintly when the lily remains centre stage, joined by the gorgeous earthy-sweet vanilla and sandalwood. It's not raw sexuality and it's not so strong it'll last all day (though a good few hours on me) but it is an elegant scent with lots of different classy and slightly addictive elements to it and it has a calming, relaxing quality. Even as it's wearing off I get a delightful subtle waft of woody lily-vanilla as it seems to smoulder on warm skin, making it ideal for summer. The warm woody notes would also go brilliantly with the fading heat of early autumn.

All in all, I find Rose the One a unique fruity-floral as I get none of the tart berry notes mentioned and the citrus fruits give a freshness to the blend, which I've never smelt before on a warm woody vanilla base. I don't find the sharper and warmer notes clash either as all the notes unfold one by one, overlapping into the next, and by the time the vanilla comes in the citrus notes have faded and it seems appropriate that it then progresses to a woody floral-vanilla scent.

Finally, I adore the bottle as it's like a block of ice topped with a rose gold bar. Very luxurious yet understated which compliments the fragrance perfectly.

Winter125
Winter125

when the sales lady at duty free sprayed this on my wrist my first impression was I have to own it, then sniff sniff sniff few more seconds gone, the dry down becomes just like an ordinary soap in the market. Anyway, I will just reapply when needed; I thought. Then found my self at the counter and happily bought it. I just love the smell of the first spritz hoping it just last long...very similar scent with Ralph Lauren Glamorous.
This is really a nice perfume if you want to smell feminine or depending on your girly mood but not for signature scent thing, not a kind of perfume that you will stick to it, definitely will not lingers to people mind with whom you have close contact with.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

copy of The one but in rose scent ... really "rose the one", lovely but not the best I think flora by Gucci is better than rose the one or maybe very close to flora.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

IMO, more complex than first "The One". In this,the sweet of the other version(For me, likes a single note perfume: sweet, sweet, sweet) mix with the rose and smells more interesting. The rose gains more prominence and becomes a sweet floral with it on the top. The "sugar" harmonizes the composition.
On me:

Sillage: mid/good
Longevity: good, but for a EDP it really sucks (5h+)

kdt9788
kdt9788

I like it okay. Immediately I smell roses. I have had it on now for 5 hours, and it is still there on my arms, but it's close to my skin. Even after just an hour, a friend could not smell it until he got a few inches from my arm. It lasts a while, but it stays close. Not overpowering. I go back and forth with this one. I like it more now after the dry down, it's more woody, a slight floral with a tad bit of sweetness to it -- the vanilla, I guess. If this smell that I am getting after the dry down would have been throughout, I'd love it.

Matin
Matin

Delicate floral, fresh, young and cute with a fun departure from black currant and grapefruit that distinguishes it from other flowers of the same style based on delicated roses and peonies.

I stand this at an intermediate step between baby doll, R.O is in my opinion more refined, and Chloe, something classical , less guirly than The One Rose.

It's a nice option for those who like to use this type of perfume, but it is not remarkable in my opinion.

Although I like it ,but not very innovative.

cloyd42
cloyd42

When I was a kid artificial flowers were just becoming popular. One of the things the manufacturers did to make them more "real" was to include a capsule of scented oil that was supposed to make them smell real. That's what this perfume makes me think of. The initial opening of the juice has a nice bright grapefruit and a good rose. Unfortunately as soon as the grapefruit fades the scent takes on an artificial note that never goes away, finally fading to a nondescript floral with, perhaps, a dash of cinnamon. It's a shame when there are so many truly good rose perfumes out there that shelf space is being wasted on this.

Sillage 1-2 ft
Persistence: poor for a rose scent, 1-2 hours
Fabulosity: Malibu Barbie
Price to value ratio: poor

sofababe
sofababe

I love this. I was given a sample vial and will be buying the big bottle soon.
I'm certainly not getting the "sour/bitter/acrid" notes that some reviewers have mentioned. On me this is sweet, delicate and floral. Womanly but not old lady.
I also have The One original version and although they are surely related, they are very different, on my skin anyway.
I suspected before I tried it that this may be a bit cloying, but no, the rose is cool. I believe it is the fruit that makes it so, lychee and grapefruit are cold fruits to me, not warm like berries or pineapple, I don't get the blackcurrant at all here. And the longevity is OK, not great but good enough, I get several hours from this.

perfumia
perfumia

on my skin this is Rose, I love it but it simply vanishes on me, I love it in the bottle, cant smell it at all on my skin... shame

Idaspe
Idaspe

I had some expectations about this but it's just so drowned in patchouli you can hardly tel even the rose... other flowers, useless to say, they all mingle in the avalanche of pathouli and they form a undistinguishable sick and thick syrup... coming to get ya. :)
Why so much patchouli in most of the recent frags?!...

msksk
msksk

i had high hopes for this - but disappointed not nice.

diana_d
diana_d

I first tried this while on a trip to Paris, and just loved it, I was walking around the city and kept smelling my wrist, loved the roses(that's all I could smell). I bought it and still like it but the more I wear it the more grapefruit/litchi it feels to me, the roses are there but overpowered by the fruits. For me it works if I don't wear 2-3 days in a row and don't get used to it, then the roses are alive(strange,I know)

sweetie1090
sweetie1090

Just got a sample today and yes it's feminine, floral and refreshing but I feel like after wearing it couple of times smell gets boring and I want to move on..Not for me at least

applesana
applesana

I want rose the one. Not a big fan of rose but i love the different combination of notes in this perfume. I will be purchasing it soon. Gotta have it!!!!!!!

Larabella
Larabella

I tested this recently with the intention of buying. I didn't however, because on my skin it is pretty BUT
(to me) it smells identical to 'Scarlett by Cacharel' - just a lighter version. I already own the latter so no need.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Sensuous, romantic and feminine. I so wish it was a tiny little bit more intense and lasted longer!

The original The One is A LOT sweeter (which I don't like). But both have this powdery dry down which is also noticable in Gucci Flora. Of the three, I think Rose The One is the best.

Juma
Juma

Rose The One is, IMO, weak sweet rosy perfume.

It hasn't a lot of common to his father The one.

It's a bit girlie, berry- cherry teen juice; in seeking of warm cozy rose scent it doesn't satisfy me.

Definitely fruity floral.

caitlina
caitlina

Weak smell, fades, not that interesting or sweet.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

This perfume is a strange one for me.

As always,I have a duplicate (a replica containing vegan synthetic musk) of this.

I have never smelled the original,but mine is a very sour/sharp grapefruit citrusy smell in the start. I love citrus scents,yet I think my chemistry is a bit off today,as my skin is making the citrus extra sour somehow. (This smells so pretty,especially in my hair. Please do not base yourself buying it/not buying it on my trying it/reviewing)

I get a hint of roses,but mostly grapefruit. I find it refreshing. At the start,about 2 minutes of wear,I smell a little bit of wood too.

I tried this on just before I went to sleep.
The next day,it is still here on my neck. It is lovely. It is a softly musky scent, with a little spice to it.

Gracey16
Gracey16

Not in love with this scent. I liked The One better. Also, this fragrance doesn't last too long on me.

aelias
aelias

Like Hypnose, Rose the One smells awesome in the bottle, but bitter when applied. Try this one on before purchasing a bottle...

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I wish i could like this. It does smell of Rose as the name implies, but with my chemistry it quickly turned bitter, sour, musky, and sharp. After 1 hour, it all but disappeared. The only one I've had 100% luck with of this line is L'eau The One. That one grabs onto me and doesn't let go.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

A Rose by any other name...... Rose The One is not simple and ordinary at all to me. Instead I find it to be quite different. Its very ladylike , refined but this rose maybe could get out of hand . Like a good girl with a tiny bad streak. The more I wear it the more I like it. Get lotsa questions about what I'm wearing. I am NOT a rose fan believe it or not but this is tempered rose and its quite intriguing . I say try it, its as another reviewer said a little "spoiled princess" scent but HEY we can all indulge our inner princesses sometimes , can we not ?

larali
larali

Beautiful rose scent. I want it in my collection. In the store it seemed very light though. Maybe that is a good thing?

merlin
merlin

I liked so much the original "The one" and I also like very much Rose the one...

The one is bold and just a bit mature...rose the one is soft and girlysh . (but perfect for any age)
The one is warm and sweet ...rose the one is citrusy, metallic, romantic and subtle.

(Also Synthetic ...but I dont care )

It feels like roses and litchi dipped in a grapefruit juice...in a silver glass water ... :)))

Hmmm...girly but also sophisticated .

Perfecet for day use,during spring and the first summer days.

I would class It in the same category as Bright Crystal, and Dior Addict 2

SarahNichole
SarahNichole

If possible, this one smells even better than the original One. There's just a slight hint of sour rose on me, and it's beautiful.

mjb28
mjb28

Got a sample today. Very intrigue by all the advertisements and I really wanted to know how it smell. It started very plasticky to me. Not really a fan of it until it settle for few minutes. It's soft, clean, refresing, soapy scent. The rose is interpreted in a different modern way. A sort of sweet and powdery to me. Lovely dry down. Good for autumn and summer scent. It is light and very wearable. But it's not "rose the one" for me.

justachoirgirl
justachoirgirl

Rose the one is a delicate citrus and rose scent. Reminiscent of red roses that smell like lemons, or maybe the salmon ones with a hint of peachy fuzziness. It is definitely a refreshing daytime scent for work. The herbal effects of rose along with citrus combine for an exhilarating spritz.

Happyme2009

Oh, I was mistaken in my previous review, I will, for sure, buy another bottle when I finish this one, which is soon! It's incredibly wearable, relaxing, sexy, beautiful, feminine, yes, the only "wow" in it comes from wow, this is really really nice!

Aredore
Aredore

Comparing “Rose the One” side by side with its predecessor “The One,” it’s obvious that this flanker chucked all of the syrupy original’s notes except for the vanilla/amber base and signature lychee topnote.

The original is a seriously sweet candied fragrance aimed at the wallets and hearts of 20 year olds who grew up wearing cotton candy bodysplash. “The One” is a more luxurious version of the fruity-floral-gourmand concept, smelling of a honeyed fruit tart served piping hot in an Indian temple, the air thick with Nag Champa.

“Rose the One” has left the orient, but remains in the kitchen. Floating above the vanilla/amber base is a rose/peony/lily bouquet accented by an herbaceous smell reminiscent of thyme and sweet basil. “Rose the One” possesses understated elegance in spite of its squeaky-clean soapyness. It is demure and pretty – a modern “clean” floriental with just a hint of warmth.

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

I was so opiniated about even smelling this before buying...I thought it would just be another very dull and overpoweringly sickly sweet fragrance...due to my dislike in rose scents.

BUT WOW. I love it. I tested it expecting to dislike it instantly but it really did surprise me, its light and fresh and just...gorgeous! I couldnt afford it at the time but my parents have hinted at a giftset for christmas this year...i think this could become my new signature scent! :D <3

guest_debob
guest_debob

Grapefruit and roses. Who would have know, that they would be so beautiful together. Normally I don't go for rose scented perfumes, as I find them rather dusty and matronly. This however, is like the rose right from the shrub. Warm and rather earthy. When mixed with fresh grapefruit it's another animal. It's very romantic with a "natural" feel to it. I myself, have about 16 rose bushes, and when the wind is blowing on a warm summer night, the scent can drive me wild. Rose can be a very intoxicating fragrance when done right.

e_negrau
e_negrau

This perfume's heart is similar with D&G The One. The top notes are different: here, is the rose, at The One is the vanilla. The results are also different: Rose The One smells precious, like an apricot-pink tea rose with a tint of pink grapefruit. I find it sweet, young, a little bit spoiled-girlish. I must admit I enjoy it very much!

wandajo123
wandajo123

It’s a refreshing scent and although it definitely brings up memories of rose gardens, it doesn’t remind you of your grandmother’s perfume.

Happyme2009

Sweet rose, fresh and serene. Peony is strong. Resembles the rose from Prince Jardinier Un bouton de rose, only this is sweeter ( and better). A very well rounded rose, smells natural, nothing chemical in it. Obviously they used good ingredients.
In my opinion this is a day perfume, beautiful, clean, pleasant and romantic, very feminine, but light enough to spray your pillows with before sleeping, if you are a rose fan ( and I am).
It's a very young rose, shy, it has no dramatic power. A little overpriced, considering there is no innovation here and you have to spray generously and often, because the staying power is poor. Silage is actually not that bad.
The pink bottle is lovely, and heavy, good quality.
I don't regret buying it, but probably I will not do it again when this one is finished. For now, I am enjoying it a lot, it reminds me of summer time.

rubyred
rubyred

They named it The One
For The One hour it will last.
For me, like some
It's a beautiful blast.

For One crowded hour
Its warm, sacred amber
Seeps clean, perfumed power.
It flows. It's subtle, rosy, tender.

Pure flooded rose. Sigh.
My heart is a warm ember.
The scent draws close, the hour is nigh
Now its a struggle to remember.

Why, why, why.

AmyG77
AmyG77

MMMMMM...Yes...Lalalala...this perfume makes me want to sing!

heavenbelle
heavenbelle

I super love this perfume!! Too bad it doesn't stay on my skin that long.. And maybe even I pour the whole bottle content on me, the scent is too weak, I can't smell it myself unlike the other perfumes which you can still smell even after taking a bath.. It's funny that L'eau the one which is an "EDT" stays longer and stronger on me compared to this "EDP".. But I still love it..!!!

Ahh the Rose, Queen of Flowers, symbol of Love throughout the ages and one of the most sensual scents on Earth. A classic and unmistakable aroma that graces (probably) more perfumes than any other flower...and though I love the scent of a living rose, I am not a big fan of these and as far as flowers go, I'd rather receive lilacs or hyacinths...or even an orchid; but this is, by far, my favorite of The Ones. Imagine my surprise...

This little sweetie begins with lush citrus notes like mandarin and pink grapefruit combined with watery sweet black currants and lychees creating something dark, juicy, fresh and sweet; but not overly syrupy or sugary. This maintains a lite translucent feel while carrying the fruits well. This has the lily and muguet but brings the newcomer Rose to the fore, and it is gentle and soft like a rose in full bloom on the vine, stunning! Instead of the sweet, indolic jasmine, there are peonies, with their dry spiciness to accent the rose and complement the lily's creaminess and muguet's green clarity. This is quite an amazing floral medley, oozing with gentle strength, calling to me in what I can only describe a sexy, throaty whisper. The drydown differs from either of its predecessors in that it has ambrette seeds and their musky wood-like scent, with vague floral nuances, combines with light musk and sandal's sharp scent to calm and quiet the usually strong vanilla note and make it less gourmand and rich and adds a silky, almost powdery softness not found in the other Ones...yet it does belongs with the others:like a younger half-sister, similar but totally her own, with qualities not found in the other two but similar enough to them to notice they are related...fair and beautiful, she has me in her spell...

Sillage: okay
Longevity: decent
Overall: 4.25/5

No one was more surprised than me that I liked this much better than the other Ones, and I guess that I like roses more than I thought, and this reminds us...they're not just for old lady perfumes anymore!!

gvendi
gvendi

D&G Rose the One. It was the love at the first smell. I didnt like D&G fragrances, except Light Blue, but this one is unbelievable. Really very nice, I adore it and soon buy it :)))))

Celphie
Celphie

Everybody is talking about how boring and unoriginal this perfume is. But honestly, I have yet to smell anything like it.

Now I'm not a big fan of roses as rose perfumes have become so strong and sickly sweet these days. but not for this one.
The fruit and vanilla balance off the rose quite nicely so it doesn't come off loud.It's fresh at first, floral and fruity by the time it gets to the heart, and the dry down is musky, dewy and very powdery.
I think that's a very soft and feminine composition and I'm not surprised that D&G chose Scarlett Johansson to be the face of this fragrance as she is the epitome of femininity what with those famous curves of hers.
After reading some of the reviews around here, I felt compelled to stand up to this perfume. Another thing that I liked is the fact that the scent, even though revolving around a new ingredient (rose) still managed to stay true to the original composition of its mother fragrance (The One), which makes it a good franker, as most flankers these days tend to deviate way to much and have absolutely nothing to do with the original (I don't even know why they don't just design new bottles and give them new names). I do like The One but it's too sweet, strong and mature for me, so this is the perfect alternative as the juice is not far from the latter's.
As for the lasting power, I do agree that it is not so strong but it does last quite a bit nevertheless; it's been 5 hours and I could still smell a lingering powdery scent on my wrist.

I'd say this is great for a signature scent, it's soft and light enough for spring and summer and not too harsh so you can still wear it to work or classes. It's not a mature scent strictly speaking, but it smells more like a 'woman',I wouldn't recommend this to teens.

Oh and one more thing, I like to associate perfume with classical music pieces, this one smells like Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" (sorry I just like to be a geek kthnxbai)

minimok
minimok

I love to smell that perfume because I get never bored of it. I love the smell of roses.
It fits for every situation because it is delicate, tender and feminine. This advantage unfortunately makes it for me not a good choice to buy it again because it "flies" away on my skin very fast. :/

guest_evermaria
guest_evermaria

it is a perfect combination of vanilla and rose,i can smell pepper too but there isnot any pepper on list,i use to wear it at work,my guy and coworkers like the smell of it on me.the longevity is poor and this is the only negative thing about the gorgous Rose the one.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Great fragrance, very citrussy and fresh. But unfortunately it's got absolutely no staying power whatsoever on me. Shame, because otherwise I would definitely buy it.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Dolce & Gabbana ROSE THE ONE is the breath-taking
realisation of a contemporary feminine floral, and a
deftly sensual paean to the eternal romance of the rose.

blissd
blissd

Creamy cool floral with a clean soapy drydown that makes you drool!

delphine67
delphine67

af first it smells sweet and lovely. But then a anoying chemical fume sets in.
I disliking it after that

bengis
bengis

I think it is quite like The One. If you have it do not buy this one.

Creola
Creola

Lovely, but I can't feel the vanilla's aromat. A little bit: vanilla and caramel will be good.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

I got a sample from my sister and have to say that I am impressed! The lasting power is great. Rose the One is a soft rose scent. I do like Stella, but feel that the roses are somewhat strong, almost sticky. Instead Rose the One is a gentle rosescent that smells warm and cozy.

JasmineNutmeg
JasmineNutmeg

One of my 3 new favorites: L'Eau the One, The One and Rose the One. All similar yet all different. This isn't as sweet as The One.

ginepro
ginepro

To me this perfume is just very ordinary, anonymous and... not boring but nothing special either. It smells fresh, flowery and nice but nothing more about it.

Andorsia
Andorsia

To me it smelled ordinary. Like so many bland flower scents. When it settles the rose is very soft and it is pleasant. Non offensive and mild.

Raffaella
Raffaella

In this period, I'm using this fragrance, I Think it's classical, elegant and a little bit retro-style!
I raccomand it!

sky76sky
sky76sky

How nice to find the versions of The One stay true to the original, yet cater for the delicate differences in taste. I agree with Anahi, all are delightful! If you like one, you will probably enjoy them all.

Rose smells as rich, silken & expensive as the original yet adds a light & sour rose to the mix. I have caught wafts of this on others & immediately known that it was "The One" - very romantic, smooth & creamy.

It was never made to be a complex, difficult, interesting, or unusual scent - it has hit its mark by delighting the masses & enrapturing many. So, perfume snobbiness aside, this is a simple delight that suits most occasions yet keeps you smiling - like finding the very best underwear!

A young women, a rose-bud about to bloom - sensual simplicity at its best.

Soph007
Soph007

My mum was the one who told me about this perfume and when I did smell it I knew it was for me! It is very sexy and sensual smelling and I do love it! can't wait to get a bottle of my own.

SilvanaMo
SilvanaMo

Peço desculpas para os especialistas, pois ainda não falo tecnicamente sobre o assunto, posso dizer apenas que sinto o cheiro de Rose The One o dia todo, em cada movimento, é muito bom :D
Comecei com o The One, em seguida comprei Rose The One, sou realmente fã!

mwater1
mwater1

Absolutely loving D & G's Rose The One!! It does start out tart and slightly fruity but with rose as the placard to ground the fragrance to. It is very much like real rosewater and it is what I'd been searching for in rose based fragrances. Sweet, feminine, and ever so very slightly powdery. I'm going to need a larger bottle! Wristsniffer hit the nail on the head with that review!

Philyra
Philyra

A nice modern take on the rose theme, a fresh rose at that, no similarities here with say YSL's Paris or Brosseau's Ombre Rose. Shame about the lasting power though, it's pretty poor.

fragrance_is_happiness
fragrance_is_happiness

I agree with the reviewer below me that all the one variations are extrenely simiar in the drydown. I thought the original one was too intense/cloying for my taste. Leau the one was definitely lighter and better but I am falling for rose the one... I was hoping to love this so I resisted the urge to try it for the fear that i might end up being disappointed... so far so good... the rose is dewy which I love... I wish the top notes would stay for ever... perfect for a warm summer day... delicious!!

Anahi
Anahi

Honestly, all versions of 'The One' smell identical to eachother; just that:

The One - sweeter

L'eau The One - fresher

Rose The One - flowery

But I do love and want them all!

kankine
kankine

I just finished it and I want to buy it again, I really like this perfume: it's soft, very light and it's really better than original D&G The One

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

The most unremarkable scent I've tried in a long time. It's not very different from Bulgari's Rose Essentiale .

jae
jae

This was NOT the old-fashioned, soapy rose fragrance that I was looking for. But I like it on my skin, enough to have purchased a gift set for myself. This is the perfect fragrance to wear when I feel like wearing pink shirts. +1 from a guy...

go-desssmile
go-desssmile

This one is growing on me...at first I thought it reminded me of freshly shampooed hair ( I spray it in my hair, at nape of neck). I liked the first instant of juicy citrus, which faded. Hours later, I still smell it on me (has been about 10 hrs!) and it is a subtle wet rosey fragrance. I am trying out sample, and am considering ordering it from a discount online supplier-but dont know which to trust- or may just go back to the retailer that I recvd the sample from...any suggestions?

claudia_23
claudia_23

in my opinion d&g rose the one is way better then the d&g the one

yvashche
yvashche

I hate the original The One. It is definitely not the one for me. This one is a little better. The initial rose is nice but it quickly disappreas and turns into the nastiness that is The One.

This fragrance disappointed me. I was hoping this would be a soft, sweet and pretty interpretation of rose but in reality Rose The One is quite tart and fruity.

The opening is incredibly strong with sharp and sour notes of grapefruit, litchi, black currant and mandarin orange. Together with the loud rose note, the combination becomes quite metallic and synthetic.

Thankfully the opening does soften making way for the more delicate floral notes like lily and peony. I must add that the rose in this fragrance is very cloying and intense, it's almost too much.

The drydown was my only enjoyment which is basically a soft, sweet, powdery and musky floral blend, a little too predictable for my liking.

Not exactly a fan of Rose The One, but for those that like the scent, the lasting strength is good.

katyas
katyas

I received a sample of this and tried it out a couple days ago. I couldn't smell it AT ALL - it was like I was spraying water on myself. However, before starting my review this morning, I decided to give it another try, and I'm happy I did. I guess my sense of smell was off, because today I got a nice scent from it - the start was a blast of roses with a touch of citrus that has settled down to roses with a sweetness that I can't quite define - but it doesn't overwhelm the roses, it just adds a sort of touch of sugar to their petals. A nice, wearable rose perfume, along the same lines as Bvlgari's Rose Absolute or Yves Rocher's Milrose. Too bad the sample I received was only half-full (and what's up with THAT??).

ZiZu
ZiZu

I have tried this on a few hours ago.It started out as a citrusy,fresh perfume and a few minutes later a sweet - but not TOO sweet- powdery rose kicked in.The dry-down is quite similar to the original, but this one is not as overwhelming as the original, which really makes me sick.Actually, I like Rose The One pretty much...at least enough to consider of buying it.Plus the fact that the perfume is still present after 4-5 hours since I had sprayed it on.

Gosha
Gosha

I sampled this and it is nice. Nice and pleasant, surprisingly so, as I am not overly keen on roses. I wouldn't mind wearing this fragrance, but it doesn't seem particularly interesting or outstanding and it doesn't last on me.

update: as with several other roses I have tried recently, I am growing rather fond of this. Tested again several times since my first try and...yes...I do like it much more than I first thought!

guest_safa
guest_safa

besides The One... for men... this is the only other The One that I actually like enough to buy. On me it smelt like fresh flowers spritzed with some water. It's quite light... I have had Antonia's Flowers - Floret on my to-buy-list for a very very very long time because it gives me that same image when i smell it... except Floret has more apricot or peach or some fruit. I thought today that I had found something better. And it's true... it's good for the first bit, but it fades away to nothing in a matter of hours. So back to Floret I go. I prefer The One in the early days because Floret can be kind of pungent at the start... but Floret is still kicking on 6 hours later... The One left the party hours back.

jubiju2
jubiju2

well for me it works like magic,the top notes makes me feel fresh and agile .I feel that I am wearing something special .lily has a very subtle effect on your skin which is very pleasent and romantic.Its perfect for cold nights and I really think its worth trying .

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

This beautiful scent is what a flanker truly should be - it stays true to the original The One, but does so in a slightly different (floral in this case) fashion; it's like experiencing the original scent through rose-colored lenses. Rose The One is still sweet and powdery, yet the freshness of rose, lily, and peony make it more romantic. What definitely stands out, to my nose, and what sets it apart from the original, is the rose, which is just slightly powdery and quite bright. The peony adds a bit of green wetness, and the lily is just barely there (I would have liked a bit more lily, to be honest, but it's still quite lovely without a decent amount of lily). Overall, it's a fresh, modern take on an old-fashioned romantic rose. This is somewhat similar to Parisienne, but more vibrant and with more focus on the rose than fruit - it's smoother and more abstract, and altogether more beautiful (in my humble opinion). I have yet to try Guerlain's most recent take on the rose, Idylle, but based on the reviews for that scent, and my experience with Parisienne, I would highly recommend checking out Rose The One first, to anyone looking for a new, modern rose fragrance.

I would wear the original The One when I'm feeling spunky and sassy and in an adventurous mood - it's sharper and more flirtatious. Rose The One is more appropriate for a romantic evening out, or a more formal occasion; it's sweet and innocent, yet far from naive or ditzy. It's the kind of perfume a girl might reach for when she's in the mood to fall in love.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Rose The One is based on same idea as the original: to provide powdery and gentle feeling while wearing it. And I think D&G have accomplished their goal.

Rose The One opens with delightful rose and apricot smell on my skin, fresh and sweet in balanced subtle way. The drydown is powdery vanilla, and this is the moment when I can find some similarities with The One.

This is pleasant and wearable perfume, reminds me on spring and times when I went to high school. So innocent and dreamy...

I received a sample of this so I could spray it a few times on my skin before getting a full opinion. In spite of the fact I'm not crazy about D&G in general, I have to say that this one smells nice and quite refined. It's nothing totally original. It actually it reminds me a lot of Gucci Flora and after a few minutes it settles to an apricoted rose with some plastic edge, just like Flora. Still it's very pleasant and easily wearable. I think this would make a great choice to match a feminine, half-formal wear for office.
It stays for a few hours without morphing to strange things and it has a refined sillage.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Nothing special.
This year D&G evidently chose image and breath-taking campaigns over composition.
Exactly like the Anthology series, this "the one" version is an attractively coloured way to fool some fashion victims with a taste for "not too heavy" fragrances. Enjoy...
Not for perfume believers though.

nazatron
nazatron

My friend got me this perfume but I already have one. I can't return it because she got it from Europe. I am willing to sell it at a discount! Please let me know if you're interested.

Thanks

vertigo
vertigo

The top really reminds me of Baby Doll - for about 10 minutes. They have blackcurrant, citruses, lily-of-the-valley, rose, sandalwood and vanilla as common notes.

Then it becomes more mature, because the light rose lasts till the end (but the scent doesn't last long itself).

It's more a floral-fruity, I would say. Very nice, elegant, discreet, feminine.

Definitely different from the original, that's why I like it :)

Trvevil
Trvevil

Rose version seems a little bit different from The One. It's not warm and very sweet, but definitely there's still something from The One.

Top is very pleasant, intense and was truly close to delicious.
Indeed there must be loads of litchi - it has something common with Chloe Eau de Parfum, so I figured out how it smells. Rose here too, but that's a modern, a bit plasticky and girlie girl rose. I like it.

markRep
markRep

Just got a new sample from my favorite dept store. First minute I get sweet citrus(grapefruit) and a little current and then they're gone. Enter rose lilly OTV peony. then in 5-7 minutes the scent is barely there. Like I washed my arm in nice rose soap that barely leaves a scent. I hope that maybe a hint of the base notes will show in a little bit. For the time this was present it was not a romantic, green, or elegant rose but rather sweet with out being candy sweet. The note I get most is Lilly of the vally.
... nope no base notes, completely gone in under 10min
Hope it lasts longer on someone else.

Preciosa84
Preciosa84

I applied to skin with sample in magazine. I thought I smelled litchi/lychee but was not sure if it was an actual note used in this perfume. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my nose was accurate after reading the notes online. The most prominent notes are litchi and rose to me. Soft, romantic, girly, and a little powdery. I prefer my perfumes with some brightness and this has none of the sparkling quality. Like but not love.

Rose The One by Dolce&Gabbana 3.87 out of 5 based on 1665 ratings and 276 user reviews

Rose The One by Dolce Gabbana for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.0 oz
Rose The One by Dolce Gabbana for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.6 oz
Rose The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Rose The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Gift Set 1oz
Rose The One Gift Set by Dolce Gabbana Gift Set for Women Includes 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 3.3 oz Body Lotion
ROSE THE ONE for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.6 OZ
ROSE THE ONE for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.6 OZ
Rose The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana - 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Rose The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana - 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Gift Set 1oz
Rose The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana - -- Gift Set - 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 3.3 oz Body Lotion
Rose The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Dolce amp Gabbana Rose The One Eau de Parfum 50ml
Dolce amp Gabbana Rose The One Eau de Parfum 50ml
Rose The One by Dolce Gabbana TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
Rose The One by Dolce Gabbana TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
Rose The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray unboxed for Women
Rose The One Perfume by Dolce Gabbana - 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray unboxed
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'Rose the One' Eau de Parfum
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'Rose the One' Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'Rose the One' Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz
Gift Set 2.5oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Collection Coffret Rose The One Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz 2x Fragrance Pen 6ml 0.2oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Rose The One fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Rose The One, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose The One by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose The One by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.