Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Sicily Dolce&Gabbana for women
dislike

I have it: 843 I had it: 556 I want it: 532 My signature: 28

Sicily Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos

«There is no Italy without Sicily». This fragrance brings the genuine Italian temperament of the people of this beautiful island where the time is measured in moments and feelings in eternity. Sicily is soft like a whisper, attractive like lips longing for a kiss, and unforgettable like women's skin touch. Sicily is an attempt of using a bigger amount of aldehydes in a modern fragrance and the floral-aldehyde heart of the composition lies on the oriental vanilla base. Floral-aldehyde compositions which instantly remind of classic Chanel N°5 posses glamour and elegance of «old» classic fragrances.

Apart from the classic glamour the aldehydes in Sicily, combined with floral notes and warm oriental base, give a fine effect of a warm female skin. The top notes are Sicilian bergamot and powdery honeysuckle, the heart notes are jasmine, black rose and hibiscus, and the base notes – heliotrope, sandalwood and musk.

The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Lorson.

Honeysuckle Orange Blossom Banana Bergamot

Alba

Sicily Fragrance Reviews

drooling tomcat
drooling tomcat

It smells like gasoline on me. Probably those aldehydes are the culprits, although not mentioned on the ingredients list.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

Very nice and strong aldehydic perfume. :) Best worn with black sophisticated clothes, something that reflects the maturity and the sensuality of a woman, just as this perfume does.
Love the feeling of "italian woman" that it gives to me when I wear it.
Molto spettacolare! ;)

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I found a sample of this at my aunt's she used to sell perfumes...I was pleasantly surprised. I expected something called Sicily to smell big and loud and brassy kind of like the housewives of New York. But it wasn't obnoxious at all, it was kind of sweet and to me smells more like something Moroccan than Italian. It doesn't have an herbal quality but more a fruity/spicy scent. Definately banana but I like bananas and I cant think of any other scent with bananas! YI like it even though its not something Id wear all the time.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

I'm olive skinned from Sicilian heritage, and was really hoping Sicily would be just right for me, but I tried it today and found it far too soapy for my liking. It is a soft and clean scent, but not the sexy Mediterranean scent I was anticipating. On my skin, it's 85% Ivory Soap, 5% banana peel, 5% honeysuckle, 5% D&G Red Cap.

shaneyeats
shaneyeats

What a loss that it discontinued! I can't understand ! It's the most beautiful perfume that I ever smelt ! Mature ,alluring, moderate ,warm, in good quality, expensive ! I love Sicily ,both the perfume and the place! I feel luxurious when I apply it! Pitifully I just find some samples online ! You can't imagine that I bought 40 samples of lessthan 2ml ~

personagrata
personagrata

I really cannot understand why this House has discontinued all their Special perfumes, like sicily, by, the one in the plain glass bottle and the Red cup d&g. Nowdays there is not a single d&g perfume that I like. They all seem to me sickely sweet or so common and generic.
As for sicily, there was not a single thing I did not like. The bottle, the advert, the name, the color and of course the scent itself.It was so unique! And yes, I smell bananas too, which makes it so exotic. This smell had an amazing effect on men and I don t only mean the kind comments. They went crazy about it!
I can t say there is a perfume now on the House of D&G that I kind of like. Never buy anything for their collection again. I tried but...
Please bring it back!

michenka
michenka

Sicily is advertised on Dolce Gabbana official site but is not available on the shop on line store

Pear77
Pear77

Sicily is available on D&G official site!!

Autumn Plum
Autumn Plum

A series of unfortunate events led me to this one. Basically I'm desperate for a good summer scent, since god knows I have too much of a fixation on fall scents lately (yes I know, my name is Autumn, teheehee). So after seeking it out exhaustively and finding a good perfume stall, my first impression was that it smelled like nothing other than bug repellent with a weird, citrusy tang. So I dismissed it and never thought of it again.

Unfortunately I'd ordered a small sample which I assumed had been cancelled but showed up anyway. So I tried it on and asked for a second opinion, and subsequently thought my grandmother was on crack because she described it as "light", then I smelled it on me, and the lingering affect was actually pleasant…and being a wordy person, when I say pleasant I mean pleasant. As in, " I feel like I'm lounging on a beach chair in the middle of a balmy day surrounded by cypresses,( dunno why cypresses, I just go with it) while the sun smiles down on me and I smile up at it", kind of pleasant if you get my drift. The odd, repellent smell mellowed out into a laid-back Banana smell which was nicely counterbalanced by the mature Sandalwood and the spicier Nutmeg. Basically I feel like what I am when I decide to wear it. A young girl strutting down the street of a small town looking for some fun diversion, which all seems mostly innocent at first, until you realize my idea of fun is giggling while watching men gape from behind a steering wheel. To me, this scent basically defines a languid summer's day, with a hint of a excitement in the air.

Elysia
Elysia

It was a blind buy for me based on reviews only, I went for a 5 ml sample. I'm not a big aldehydes fan, maybe too young to be able to appreciate them but this one became a great favourite. Somehow the sour and sweet ingredients come together on my skin in a gorgeous combination that makes my heart beat faster every time I get a whiff of it (not overstated, it stays close to the skin) While lifting my mood, it also makes me feel sexy and seductive. I must add I bought it during winter and though it wasn't really cold where I live, it was under 0 Celsius many times and I still enjoyed this scent. It reminded me of warmer days. I imagined myself in a colorful summer dress being in Sicily, having fun, charmed by the sunlight and the scent of the sea.

BillyJean
BillyJean

When this perfume was released it stroke a chord with me. I was always a fan of Mario Puzo The Godfather book. I had romantic images of Sicily in my head and whenever at the library I would reach for an album showing photos of religious processions walking down cobble stone streets of Palermo. I loved the Monica Belluci advertisement and the elegant black and gold capped bottle. And the scent for some reason brought memories from the past but I could not quite put my finger on them. My husband dismissed the fragrance as too powdery and said it's made for a warm climate. And this is so true. It blooms in the heat. In cold weather it really has a laundry soap quality about it but in the heat it really is quite amazing. I never got any banana from this. Also when released this fragrance was an obvious flop and reviews were really low. Now that it has been discontinued only the loyal fanbase is left so ratings are high. Get a bottle while you can and spray some on after a shower on a hot Summer day. Clean sexy and decadent.

Jerine123
Jerine123

There is nothing like Sicily! It is gorgeous, seductive and warm. Just look at all the reviews and 498 people who have put it on their "want" list just on this site alone. Hope that's a hint for Dolce? D&G are you listening???? I love this fragrance and because you cant get it any longer, I keep mine well sealed in a dark place to wear as a special treat. Yes, it absolutely reminds of Italy and truly is an intoxicating fragrance which lasts and lasts. Hope this makes a non-reformulated comeback, it is amazing!!!!

zzMaja
zzMaja

This was one of my favorites. I understand it has been discontinued. I do not buy the vintage bottles because I can detect the slightest changes from the original. If there is anything similar out there today, I will give it a try. It is a soft, feminine and distinct EDP and I put it in my love category. I have a really hard time deciphering the notes in this one, but on me it is very soft and powdery and I get an almost green banana scent that lingers.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Interested in this, if anyone wants to swap something, look at my lineup. Thanks. Sounds very lovely!

Edit: What else smells like it?

pvfp
pvfp

What high hopes I had for Sicily, being a huge fan of Dolce & Gabbana, Italy, sandalwood, and the incomparably sexy Monica Bellucci. Maybe my expectations and personal projections were too unrealistic when I bought this (for too high a price!) on eBay but this was a big let down. Not unpleasant, not unwearable, but a huge disappointment just the same. On my skin, this is not the deliciously warm scent of voluptuous Italian femininity I'd imagined it to be... it's the echo of all the "soft musk" fragrances I wore as a girl. White musk and nothing but more white musk, powdery and soft. Luckily, the scent isn't offensive because though it sits fairly close to my skin, it's showing remarkable tenacity. (One good spritz, applied 8 hours ago.)

Though I've often joked about wishing to recpature my youth, I never meant going quite this far back in the time machine! Seventh grade, it was nice to visit you again, if only for a few hours.

Janey1966
Janey1966

I received a 1.5ml sample of this today from Ebay. I realised beforehand that it's been discontinued (along with the original 'Red' that I used to love) and I'm sat here thinking, 'Why?' All fragrances that I have loved (Gloria by Cacharel is another good example) have been discontinued, and yet we are subjected to awful 'celebrity' perfumes. Is this because they are cheaper to produce or what? People like me want 'classy' not 'brashy' thank you very much...and I'm confident I'd still say this if I was 18! This perfume is gorgeous..that's all I have to say. Shame on D&G for discontinuing it.

archivist
archivist

I received my bottle in swap, and while I like the smell and would have been happy to wear it in the summertime (it basically smells like banana soap, which is overall pleasant until it's not - but perfumes burn off pretty quickly in the heat). However, I get the most bizarre reaction to this perfume, more bizarre than anything I've experienced with any other scent. I did develop an allergy to Opium - something in it makes me gasp asthmatically, my breath hitches in my chest in an alarming way if I smell Opium for an extended period (which is one of my favorite perfumes ever so that's terrible) - and that was scary. This is just weird. I spray this on, and about two minutes later my mouth is filled with the taste of soap. I was raised in the 70s, when "wash your mouth out with soap" if you used swear words was an actual thing, so I know what soap tastes like. And it was like having a bar of Ivory soap rubbed all over the inside of my mouth, I tasted it all over. Bitter and horrible. I couldn't eat or drink anything without making it worse. A friend tried it, and the same thing happened to her. Either my bottle is evil, or something really bad happens to this perfume as it sits.

Daivuce
Daivuce

I don't know what to make of Sicily. I've bought half a bottle on ebay a while ago and I think the scent has turned or something. There is this white sediment at the bottom of the bottle..
The scent is sweet and got some apealing notes to my nose, however there is something else about it that makes pull away, a note that is screaming at me with fakeness, like spiced syntetic honey. No matter how long I wait for it to go away, it never does. I wonder if it's because the scent has turned? Anyway I'm getting headaches from this one, what a shame.

Pari88

Ahh yes! After skipping through the guide, I came across Malena. A most beautiful dramatic film starring Monica Belluci. As i watched this utterly misunderstood character, I knew she would have worn Sicily. Gorgeous, curvaceious, wanted, sexy, humble, solemn, shy and kind, not at all provacative, flirty or longing for attention. Malena needed no validation except the one from her beloved. She loved only one although many loved her. Sicily is a real honest and gorgeous woman. True through and through, although many look passed her personality and only at her provacative beauty. The film is central to the idea of her one and only true love and her faithfulness to him, and her pain and suffering being misunderstood. Sicily with its sprakling note and maternal like creamy smell, drydown to create a round smell; honeysuckle is warm with an exotic like smell mimicking tiare and banana creme almost, and sandalwood with slightly powder tinges finishing it off. Exotic, maternal, calm, warm, a golden sunlight in mid day.

monamonib
monamonib

recently i bought Sicily it was my dream to find it while iwas going asking for something else i found it and couldn't believe it start with hint of banana with some fume of old lady remind me slightly of youth dew then after five minutes it dries down to very lovely powdery perfume remind much prada infusion de iris very beautiful
so my advice is to spray it on your clothes fifteen minutes before you go or on your skin till the first notes go and enjoy perfect charming powdery scent grate one

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I think this one is pretty masculine! The right guy could totally pull it off!
First of all, the banana. Like wtf.... but then it gets peeled, slightly digested (haha sorry for this imagery) and gives over the front seat to......
Alf Lail o Lail by Ajmal. These two are so similar it's Si(ci)lly. See what I did there??

So if any of you are missing Sicily, try the attar. You will like and recognise the notes. For you that think Sicily is too sweet or too synthetic? Try the attar. I kid you not.

It is a fairly sunny, soapy scent. Pleasant.
But not in my top ten. I don't dislike it either and it's definitely not meh, just not me :-)

I ended up craving this so much that I bought a 100ml bottle. Waiting for it to arrive. I have now changed from "like" to "love" :-)

Midnight00
Midnight00

Unique, dashing and bold perfume with a Mediterranean breeze to it. Too bad it's loaded with synthetic aroma oils..:(
The scent is strong and of course lasts for days due to its chemical composition...
If you find yourselves feeling dizzy or having some kind of headache - don't guess..It's the perfume and ALL synthetic perfumes are terrible for our health.
Again, I love this fragrance but wish that at least it would have more natural oils in it. Some synthetic and natural is better than no natural at all..

supernal light
supernal light

What a divine fragrance, quite strange and midnight magical and yet so mediterranean summer's day - both at the same time !! so unlike any other scent, totally unique and lovely.

nero77
nero77

A sweet, soapy... and grown-up fragrance.

Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana is an interesting one. It comes across as very summery and soapy, almost like the smell of creamy suntan lotion on warm skin on the beach. It has a very creamy banana note paired with jasmine and musk. I would describe it as a grown-up fragrance to wear because of the aldehyde vibe, which can come across as a little strong and formal (for boardrooms and business meetings), however I think anyone could pretty much wear it. It maybe have a kind of a strong, classic perfume vibe in my opinion but it certainly has it's place.

pnoa
pnoa

i have 2 bottle of this fragrance.. 50ml edp..
no box. never been used..

contact me if you intrested..
australia only..

Nil3
Nil3

This perfume is SO extraordinary special,that's it's still wrapped up and hidden in my closet for a very ,and I mean,VERY special time in my life. I'm thinking when me and my husband and our kids move to a different country once he gets another offer. Or when we go on a really long trip. But I'm thinking,no,it has to be a different country foe quiet a long time and not just vacation. This is how special this is. It's the scent that will open that special chapter in our lives. The opening scent. :)

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Dolce & Gabbana Sicily
I just have been dreaming I was in a Fellini movie last night because my first thought when I woke up was, “I need to wear Sicily today.” I pulled a black vintage 1950s crepe silk and lace pintuck dress out of my closet, pinned back my Bardot bedroom hair and added some black cat-tail eyeliner and super long eyelashes. Without meaning to, I look exactly like the woman in the Sicily video.
This fragrance is utterly sexy because of the heat it emits. The nutmeg and wood combine so beautifully with the flowers in a “clean” smelling base, that it is truly sexy. I like it much more after the initial banana note wears off and the floral heart appears, but I especially love the warm spicy wood dry down. It’s elegant and warm, and fits those va-va-voom vampy retro days perfectly!

marily
marily

I read someone said that you wear this perfume and laying naked on bed and feel like you are wearing diamonds!!!Yes I feel exactly like that!!!Sicily is an elegant,luxurious,sophisticated,classic scent,wearing only in very special occassions like as the sicily is....Every woman must have this to her perfume collection,it's a treasure!!!! Finally, Monica Bellucci is the most elegant woman who can represent what the sicily is

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

i was in love with this perfume from the first second. i remembered thinking how grown up and sophisticated this was. i was so young then when i smelled it...its a nostalgia scent.... i can tell you before i looked at the note pyramid, i smell a candy like synthetic banana, lilys, golden honey and a soapy jasmine. a little mystified to see only banana and jasmine listed out of my perceived notes.
its weird and comforting scent...hard to explain. it has that impression of female warm skin but she won't let you touch her. she sparkles and yet is melancholy. its like a contradiction of notes. sweet from bananas/honey yet sharp from the aldehydes. but i love this. it still smells of a sexy, classy, sophisticated woman, and i love it still.
its very daring note pyramid...banana/aldeyhydes/white floral....maybe not for everyones taste to own but definitely one worth seeking out for a smell test. truly unusual and memorable experience.

xStashx
xStashx

Sicily has quickly become one of my all-time favorites. I'll admit I was put off for just a moment when I sprayed it on initially. I thought maybe my bottle had turned. Anyone who has this same experience, I urge you to please wait it out!

It dries down to a wonderful creamy honeysuckle, sandalwood. I get some of the hibiscus notes, this is interesting because it's not a note I have experienced before. I don't get any rose or musk, which is nice because I think rose is over used and most musks don't work on my skin.

I'm not sure where people are getting the banana note. I personally don't smell it. Maybe it's the power of suggestion? Since this website lists it as a note, the juice is the color of bananas, Sicily is a semi-tropical place... I have a tester bottle that lists the notes on the back of the bottle and banana isn't listed. It's not listed on D&G's Website either. If you're looking for a fragrances with banana in it, test first. This may not be what you're looking for.

The longevity and sillage are wonderful but not overwhelming. I've been cherishing every drop because I've heard Sicily has been discontinued. Have to stock up!

bobbydrugan
bobbydrugan

Was really looking forward to this and when I seen it on cheapsmells I nabbed it.....all I get is ellnet hairspray,clean but still ellnet :-)

eickarumba
eickarumba

Baby wipes! That's all I get from this one. No citrus or banana. Just that soapy-powdery blast from opening a container of baby wipes.

curvealert
curvealert

I bought a very cheap bottle of this based on the notes listed in the hope of finding a spicy summer fragrance. Sadly this isn't working on me. I can detect some of the notes but I'm getting an overwhelming whiff of acidic powdery, diesel. I can't wait to scrub this off.

sonia.kassambara
sonia.kassambara

It does last forever. But the scent was like a rotting citrus tree falling own on me. It didn''t smell bad; actually, I think the composition was good. It was just not suited for my skin or my personality. I gave it to an older friend who loved it. Most fragrances don't give me a headache, but this one did.

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

Not sure what to think when Nathalie Lorson created Sicily in 2003. Maybe he was on a trip to Italy or going through a very happy moment of his life, in France. Honestly, consistency and sovereignty of Sicily are the perfumes of the 90's, namely, perfumes and well designed with a specific purpose not necessarily in that order. In its launch year are also disclosed coffee Juicy New Haarlem and roots intriguing Bvlgari Omnia, besides the desired Moschino Couture and so on. Well Sicily is quite complex in its way to be as up front Nutmeg oil is toast with ripe bananas, still in the husks, something amazing feeling evolving. The Bergamot and Orange flowers give off a burning, must be because they see a large amount, but that feeling soon passes and Sicily continues to grow amid stalks of Hyacinth and Rose Petal Musk wrinkled with concentration, ultimately it is very evident the performance of the perennial Sandalwood added Banana ranging in profitability in harmony with the skin, which just learning to know. Actually, Sicily enchants to know dancing with the notes that compose it, they all go early, middle and end in the same bar at the same time as that go a exact path was not in his plans, and in fact are not. Super suitable for the most formal, but at the same time see the edge of a beautiful pool, as the Public Swimming Pool in Paris, described in The Adventures of Pi, under a serene sunset on a gorgeous day. Sicily and fixed, but the project itself how fixed would be more-than-perfect, but this does not affect its essence, its core, instead, makes it engaging and unique in its way of being Sicily.

I dedicate this review to my Friend Fatima!

Não sei o que Nathalie Lorson pensava quando criava Sicily em 2003. Talvez estivesse numa viagem à Itália ou passando por um momento muito feliz de sua vida, na França. Sinceramente, a consistência e soberania de Sicily são dos perfumes da década de 90’s, ou seja, perfumes bem elaborados e com um fim preciso não necessariamente nesta ordem. Em seu ano de lançamento também são revelados o café suculento de New Haarlem e as raízes intrigantes do Omnia Bvlgari, além do desejado Moschino Couture e por aí vai. Bem, Sicily é totalmente complexo em sua forma de ser, pois logo de cara é óleo de Noz Moscada torrada com Bananas maduras, ainda com as cascas, algo surpreendente de se sentir evoluindo. A Bergamota e as Flores de Laranjeira dão um ardor na saída, devem ser porque veem em grande quantidade, mas logo passa essa sensação e Sicily continua crescendo em meio a talos de Jacinto e Pétalas de Rosas amassadas com Almíscar concentrado, por fim é muito evidente a atuação do Sândalo somado a perene Banana que vão numa rentabilidade em harmonia com a pele, que só experimentando para se saber. Na verdade, Sicily encanta por saber bailar com as notas que o compõe, todas elas vão do início, ao meio e ao fim num mesmo compasso e ao mesmo tempo, como que se percorrer um caminho exato não estivesse em seus planos, e de fato não está. Super adequado para momentos mais formais, porém ao mesmo tempo o vejo à beira de uma bela piscina, como a Piscina Pública de Paris, descrita nas As Aventuras de Pi, sob um sol sereno num dia deslumbrante. Sicily fixa bem, mas se projetasse da forma como fixa seria mais-que-perfeito, mas isso não afeta sua essência, seu cerne, ao contrário, o torna envolvente e singular em sua forma de ser Sicily.

Dedico esta resenha à minha amiga Fátima!

esther12234
esther12234

According to Dolce and Gabbana official web site :
Absolute jasmine, black pearl rose , hibiscus .
Sicilian bergamot and honeysuckle
Heliotrope , sandalwood , musk .

So D&G has refolmulated Sicily .
I have old version and new version .
The old one much more better .
What a fashion in this world to change very best perfumes ?

samer007
samer007

there is a confusion between the description and the notes listed; sicily is known to have big amount of aldehydes and a vanilla base; both are listed in the desciption but not in the notes??

ancelicah
ancelicah

I bought this when I was flying home from Prague, and thought that maybe Sicily would smell like this. Loved the scent. Couple years after I went to Sicily, and the island smelled like the fragrance. I was smelling jasmines at the hotel balcony at night, fresh oranges and lemons. When I was staring the hot lava coming from Etna, I thought that they really captured the scent of this beautiful island in a bottle. If Sicily wasn't discontinued, I would have bought it just to remember the spirit of true Sicily. I still don't remember any bananas..

Sashie

I'm also wondering why I keep seeing it on the D&G website. Are they bringing it back or not? I thought I saw comment about that below sometime ago, but I can't see it anymore.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

I don't understand why this is still on D&G's website - I managed to get myself a bottle of this beauty from Cheapsmells. I saw it there, I bought it immediately.

And my oh my do I love this. I love this SO much. I sniffed it years ago when it was still widely available and had been beating myself up for not buying it then for years now.
I remember seeing the ad with Monica Bellucci. She is my favourite woman on the planet. (Coming from a straight person). And I don't even care if she really wore this perfume in the ad - but if she did - it makes me strangely happy to know there could be a link between us two. I guess it's just like these men sniffing her underwear, in a way... I know, weird!

Anyway, I do not get too much banana from this, I am convinced that this is a banana illusion, if there is such a thing, the combination of honeysuckle, soapy heliotrope/jasmine and florals/bergamot create this banana magic.

This is a grown woman's scent and no doubt Monica Bellucci is the perfect face+body+spirit for this scent. Now if you excuse me, I sprayed this on me, so I'm going to wear a black lace dress, heels and sip on some full bodied, Sicilian wine.

nazza28
nazza28

Mmmm this is like a spicy banana cream popsicle, delicious and creamy. It's amazing it really does smell like banana! Love its unusual-ness!

Edit: Woke up in the middle of the night and sniffed my arm, the dreamy creaminess of this scent was still there in the crook of my arm. Not only is this gorgeous, it really lasts!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

Sicily---I had very high hopes for this. It has all the right selling points and I thought it can replace any of my top five. It is Sicilian alright. It is multi-faceted. Fierce but soft. Vulgar yet with inner natural grace. Domineering but will willingly submit. It is so complex and it moves me to feel all sorts of emotions. One minute I like it and next thing I know I am scrubbing it off. It has all these maternal qualities but it makes me feel whorish in a way.

I smell warm golden skin with traces of finely milled soap and Johnson's baby oil. It draws me in a way I can't even explain to myself. It smells differently depending on where you put it. On exposed skin it smells warm and deliciously oriental. On skin covered with clothes, the nutmeg takes the stage so it smells fresh and quite masculine but still very sexy. This fragrance is not for kids and those who want to smell like a baby. It is for a woman who embraces her womanity----the good and the bad.

I think I may be falling in love with this. I hated it on the first sniff and good things happen when that happens. Almost always.

FuzzyRush
FuzzyRush

My signature scent and favourite perfume of all time!So annoyed that it's discontinued:-(
Sometimes it smells sultry and heavy and other times it suggests soft, powdery freshness.
It is the only perfume I have never gotten tired of.

I definitely detect a hint of coconut in there, although no-one else I know does!!
Just gorgeous.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

wow, you guys were not kidding when you mentioned bananas as being the prominent note!!! I did not believe you. I could not imagine a banana note in perfume, but now, I see what you all mean.

This is an oriental/tropical, creamy banana skin scent with a strong presence (skin scent as in sensual, not as in weak). I was afraid it would be heavy or dated or cloying. But I get nothing of the sort. Flowers and bananas, who would have thought? I get a lot of heliotrope and this is probably what makes this perfume smell soft and a little powdery. This would be so overwhelming if it was sweet, but it not. It is soft, floral and woody with a fruit note that is... well not your typical fruity. More green, like a slightly under-ripe banana. Bananas have a fleshy scent to them and it makes this perfume so sexy and edible smelling. I kind of wanted to lick it but I chose not too. Smart! haha

Strong and very long lasting. Sadly, I have to say, too strong for me.

evoula83
evoula83

Marinaki,

Δοκίμασε το zara for her(ροζ μπουκάλι). Είναι ίδιο, για να μην πω ολόιδιο. Κι εγώ την έχω τη sicily, αλλά καταργήθηκε και διάβασα ένα review για το zara, και πραγματικά χάρηκα πάρα πολύ που βρήκα ένα άρωμα ίδιο με τη sicily και τόσο πιο οικονομικό. Κ κρατάει αρκετά μπορώ να πω, όπως τα περισσότερα αρώματα του zara.

Marinaki
Marinaki

Oh my god!! i Love it! So unique, warm and Female, that's why they choose Monica. this should be called Womanity for me!! It would be my signature frag but i cant find it in Greece :/

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

very sexy..LOVE it!

nikelady
nikelady

Anyone knows where I can get this in Nigeria? Am crazy about this fragrance but it looks like its been discontinued.

Rapunzel2
Rapunzel2

At first a blast of diesel fuel, (road to Palermo?) then slightly rotting fruit peels followed by a medicinal dry down.

xhili
xhili

this is my signature , i love it , adore it :)

Galya
Galya

This perfume was so bitter to my nose,so sharp,but there is some nice note of honey.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I got a sample of this because I like the idea of a creamy floral with a hint of lemon and under-ripe banana, but unfortunately that's not what I'm getting from this.

I have quite dry skin so perhaps the softer elements are not developing. I find this a bit dated somehow - it has an 80s feel, it's very slightly powdery and the lemon is, I'm afraid, a bit sharp, possibly a bit like lemon bon bons - head-achey.

When I hear that a perfume is 'creamy' I expect something like the floral note in Penhaligon's Amaranthine, which is very soft (hate the dry down in Amaranthine though, too fecal and ammonia-like for me) Sicily doesn't have that creaminess

(I have a new 2ml sample of this if anyone would like to swap)

amoregal
amoregal

Being of Sicilian descent, someone gave me a bottle of this a couple years ago. One whiff and I thought, "oh no, way too strong and overwhelming." Put it away.

Fast forward to two years later, I had moved and was unwrapping perfume bottles and saw the full bottle of Sicily. Thought, oh what the heck, let me try this again. I was shocked. It was so dreamy. I'm not sure because it was sitting around for a couple years that maybe the fragrance metamorphisized or something. Or maybe my skin changed. Or maybe my sense of smell changed. Not sure. Whatever happened, it was now very light, very creamy, clean-smelling, slightly sweet, and very, very sensual. I get lots of compliments from strangers.

It does evoke the times I did spend in Sicily - warm mediterranean nights, smell of citrus, warm friendly sensual people.

I am glad I never gave it away; I adore it!

freddinos
freddinos

I have a love-hate relationship with this amazing creation, depending on the day. It is dipped in honey and dusted with pollen, faintly citrusy and balmy,almost powdery but without iris or baby powder notes, sexy with Monica Belucci being a very appropriate woman to advertise it back in early 2000's. I remember the tv ad, in the end of that short film the protagonist was desperately smelling Monica Bellucci's fragranced chemise, that was randomly sweeped in front of him on the ground by a closing door. Interestingly I find Sicily smelling better when sprayed on my clothes, without interacting with my skin. Could be my chemistry. I have purchased it many times, and now have one last bottle, too bad it is discontinued. I cannot smell the bananas I'm afraid, maybe some green, unripe banana skin?

Shimone
Shimone

I spritzed this on this morning,it smells amazing.....my description of Sicily is a powdery mixture of Chanel No.5 and bananas.....on "MY SKIN!"

samloves
samloves

Now sadly gone to the perfume graveyard. I can't begin to count the amount of times people walked up to me in pubs, bars, shops school playground and asked me what I was wearing! It smells like freshly washed laundry, and the dry down was warm powdery, not a baby powder just a warm comforting one. Can't pick up any of the notes. Why go on its discontinued so its not like this review is going to make you rush out and buy it, if only. Shame on you D&G

Update: I read a review that Zara for Her smells just like Sicily and yes it does, the dry down is possibly a teeny bit sweeter than the original but thats not a bad thing. I am now the new owner of a 100ml bottle of Zara for Her.

incandescent
incandescent

The opening is pretty harsh like previous reviewers have noted, but after a few minutes, it gives way to a unique, subtly sweet blend of fresh green bananas, ivory soap, a hint of nutmeg, sweet honeysuckle, citrus zest, and then a powdered sandalwood and creamy musk as a base. A scent with character. Fine soap, luxury body talc and sun-warmed female skin with a dollop of semi-sweet vanilla cream. The overall effect is sunny, warm, clean and feminine. Classy, yet comfortable, bold and ambitious, yet fuzzy and well-rounded, opulent, yet down-to-earth...and it lingers softly around you the whole day. A distinctive scent that will wear well all year round, night or day, although better suited for day-time.

I imagine that this is a scent that fits with a certain image of the ideal Mediterranean woman, aged say around 25-45. She's warm, well-mannered, intellectual, and genuine, with a very strong sense of who she is, never afraid to speak her mind when she needs to. Guts of steel hidden underneath a soft and sensuous exterior. Cosmopolitan and cultured, but maintains her pride in traditional values and never forgets her roots. She could be a homemaker, a graduate student, or a career woman, it doesn't matter, her core is the same. This is the kind of woman that I imagine will give life to this perfume.

JUST FOR FUN: This scent is such a perfect match for women born under the Earth signs (Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus). The scent has that 'rational and grounded' feel to it that complements these signs' qualities really well, without skimping on sensuality. It also goes well with qualities of a Libra. The Leo woman would enjoy this scent for summer when she needs a break from dramatic scents, but still want a perfume that makes her feel opulent and sensuous.

Mozartiana
Mozartiana

I could never sense bananas in Sicily. I love this perfume, and fortunately, I got to snatch the last bottle from Sephora shelf couple of months ago. Beats me why they discontinued it, I had the impression that it was popular. Obviously, I was wrong. It has that soapy feeling in it, and I can smell tuberose and gardenia, a bit of iris and musk. Lemons - yes, definitely, it goes without saying. It is the core of this perfume and they stay strong. The edt longevity is significant, on my skin (pale white, Caucasian), it stays true 6-7 hours.

Museumgal
Museumgal

There are dry bananas here and lovely soapy white florals. The banana isn't overwhelming or tropical just something you get a whiff of every once in a while. The nutmeg adds enough spiciness to make this a very complex, classy scent. It's also very white floral creamy. Good for day or night, very versatile.

amelie
amelie

See 1aspasia, IMO is the dominant note of banana, as the noses are different! It's amazing the world of fragrances!

1aspasia
1aspasia

SICILY is the perfect fragrance! A special perfume not floral not fruity not heavy. It has the perfect balance, the intensity of bergamot and the tenderness of honeysuckle.

Notes:
Top: Sicilian Bergamot, Honeysuckle
Heart: Jasmine, "Black Pearl" Rose, Hibiscus
Base: Heliotrope, Sandalwood, Musk

I wear it for 10 years, but, unfortunately, it has been discontinued. The last few bottles of 50ml are sold more expensive than the price I was buying the bottles of 100ml...

Turtledove
Turtledove

Mochahantas got it perfectly, Sicily is bananas, Ivory soap, and a twist of honey and musk. The opening is terrifying, once it settles it's quieter but still distinctive with great sillage. It's softly sweet like bananas, with a gentle oily/salty kind of musk. I keep thinking of who might wear it, and the image that pops into my head is a put-together real estate agent touring new houses, I think it might have a subtle fresh paint/new house kind of smell in there somewhere too. It's very different, it would probably make a lovely signature for someone, but it's not for me, I was expecting a little more warmth and spice and a little less soap.

busik
busik

I'm the same as you describe: sad, soapy banana. Nutmeg flavoring spice. The database is soft and pretty, but she has to live up to. And banana is a synthetic. Even more like some kind of unusual acidity , juicy, and caught her nose. tasty base, only with live.'s a very unusual flavor I would be on trying and trying .... until the bottle is finished;)))

larali
larali

MMMMMM. Quiet, classy and soft. Emphasis on classy!

This would be good as a signature fragrance. You could wear it everyday and be perfectly appropriate. I get warm spices, smooth vanilla whipped up with soft banana.

This is going to be my next purchase.

marialitsa
marialitsa

it's strange...its fresh on summer and at the same time it's warm on winter, unique

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

I got this right after it was released because I thought it smelt divine in the samples I'd received. I took it back after a couple of days because I was absolutely plagued with headaches. Too much for me, but I did love it.

it will always reminds me my first vacations whith my husband.i find it sexy in a clean way.also it is vey refreshing for the office,it wakes me up.

veronicab
veronicab

I've owned this fragrance since it came out years ago, but stopped wearing scents daily while working in an office where people had sensitive allergies. As I recently started wearing perfume again, I rediscovered my love for Sicily. The bottle has sat on my dresser for years but perfume still smells fresh and clean. The sweet floral is not overpowering and I was surprised to read all of the citrus and banana notes in it. I don't really detect those, but might explain why I find the scent so different, appealing and exotic. My collection is small (only 5) since I did not wear perfume for a while. But this is one bottle I treasure esp. after reading it is discontinued. My other faves on dresser have also withstood time: Marc Jacobs (original), L'Eau D Issey, Calyx and Alexander Julian Womenswear. I have added 2 lately and enjoy them: MK Very Hollywood & Tease. I have an unopened Miracle So magic from a gift so will try that soon. It's nice to read all of the reviews on this site. Thanks, Fragrantica!

Lazaro
Lazaro

nunca he sido fanatico de dolce gabbana desde que tengo memoria...sin embargo siempre me habia interesado sicily dado que su empaque me parecia classico e intemporal..sim embargo tras varios anos he podido probarlo y me encanta...no es el amor de vida honestamente..pero posee algo que me impacta desde el primer momento...el olor ha bannanas me facina..me recuerda ha mi abuela y el toque gemelico que poseee con chanel no.5 es increible....
lo considero digno de coleccion para aquellos que aman joyas clasicas en sus perfumes...

dormir6
dormir6

Sicily is unique. Ultrafeminine. Why? It is a link between the past's and persent days's values that make someone a real woman. Not trendy, but soft and hard at one time. Perfect, smooth skin with the taste of life on it, consisting pain, pleasure, memories of nice days,strength and mildness, tears for the nearest and dearests,smiles and round curves. Admiring and giving life even in the sadest days. Everything that makes a woman a whole beauty on her own. Feminity forver.

cee the scenter
cee the scenter

soapy clean with a little bit incense at the end.very romantic and unique!

ananya20
ananya20

EDIT: I have to add that this has exceptional lasting power. I have oily skin and it lasted well into the next day, until the next shower! And it's definitely not a very well known scent which is a huge plus ; )

Sicily, hmmm.
Definitely, not what I expected. The opening is an oily, screechy disaster. After about 20 mins, I can really feel the banana softness veil my skin. Then it's a white floral with some soft powders and spice.

Not at all an "old-lady" scent.I can see a lot of fellow fragrance enthusiast's (especially European) loving this one. It's for a classy, gentle and softly sensuous lady, totally like Ms. Belluci or even Ms. Audry Tautou.

I think the weather and skin type are really what makes or breaks a scent, more than it's ingredients, imho.

And us, in India and neighboring lands we can definitely save this for our 1 month long winter...? Okay 2 months :)

maiker
maiker

I buy this perfume today. i didn't like the presentation, is like a men perfume, it look so rude. when i open it. I put a spray on mi hand.

I smell honey honey honey. THEN IT'S SMELL LIKE BABY OIL AND HONEY. but don't get me wrong. in a nice and warm way just tender. this is so nice for hollyday's. it have past 6 hours and still smell nice on me.

i never like D&G because the perfume never last more than 2 hours on me. i think this is the exception. :)

kasienka
kasienka

very sexy, very powdery and unique

After years of hearing about it, I finally got my hands on a bottle of Sicily. While it didn't quite live up to my (overly high?) expectations, I still love it and enjoy it immensely.

It's kind of a shy perfume by my standards, so I spray tons of it on me. I will go through this bottle in no time. But the scent is so feminine! It's like a soft, powdered honey with a touch of creamy banana. CHANEL No. 5 with banana, anyone? The more I wear it, the more I am also reminded of a banana-flavored bubble gum I had as a child, with that extremely fine coating of sugar powder on the outside. I understand the comments with regard to it being soapy. I agree--it's like a fine banana soap, if there could ever be such a thing.

It's nice for summer, but I am eager to try it out in winter and see if the nutmeg might come out more. There is something warm and cozy about this perfume.

This is such a unique perfume. I doubt that there will ever be another one like it.

CozyCat
CozyCat

I saw this fragrance tucked away in the corner at my favorite perfume store. A 3.4oz bottle of Sicily being sold for $12!! Wow, a D&G scent being sold so cheap, with only 2 bottles available. The SA ran up to me and warned me against testing it, telling me the reason why they were selling it so cheap was because the scent was so horrible. Meh. I sprayed on my sleeve anyways. At first I could see where she was coming from, the opening was indeed harsh and unpleasant, very sharp and stunk of rotten fruit and washing powder...ICK!!

So I walked out of the store, forgot about it, and less than an hour later my nose was met with a clean, warm scent, unique, subtly sweet and floral, looking at the notes, I know I was smelling honeysuckle, banana and nutmeg...it also reminds me of ivory soap! Too bad I was already on my way home then. The scent lingered on me the whole day with it's soft, sunny sillage...my sister and mom even commented that I smelled really nice when I got home...I will have to go back to the store and purchase it, it's $12! For $12, I'd gladly put up with a few minutes of stank to get to the lovely soapy-banana drydown that lasts all day. A huge bargain. I suspect the reason why people are put off by this juice is because they judge the fragrance way too soon, the opening notes of Sicily is its biggest downfall, making it the reason why sales were poor and it had to be discontinued.

I think Sicily would make a wonderful everyday/work scent for the warmer months, it's quite mature and classy with a smart and joyful feel to it, lacking 'frills and pinky sweetness'. And when I say 'mature', I mean 'over 25'. This would be such a refreshing change from my usual saccharine gourmands. Looking forward to adding this scent to my collection.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

Hmmmm...Sicily is a bit of a dark horse. I received it yesterday together with Tatiana and Si Lolita and immediately moved it to the back of the line. It just seemed a bit flat and uninspired compared to the other two. But I wore it to work today and the dry down was very different from the top notes. It is lingering and sweet with something between a honey and a banana note. And it does linger; softly, sweetly and subtly. I don't smell any clear florals or citrus, just sandalwood,soft spices, honey, something fruity and banana-like with a little something extra from the aldehydes. I can't imagine it offending anyone. I am not sure anyone would actually immediately think "what a great perfume!". More, "you smell so good." I am now eyeing a full bottle.

lickthetins
lickthetins

Love love!
subtle, warm summer whisper of a scent. soft but has an understated sensuality. It does not try to wallop you with sexiness, because it's like, 40, but it's no grandmother yet. I got this in Key West, and wore it while strolling around drinking rum & not doing much else, so maybe I'm biased. I've gotten compliments on this from men, and they're always surprised by it, because you have to get close to experience it. Mmmm. It's classy.

lmk224
lmk224

I just read this is discontinued... Words can't entirely describe my devastation. This has been one of my favourite perfumes for 7 years. It reminds me of holidays, although it says above there was no coconut note. I just can't believe it. Why would they stop making such a beautiful long lasting, intense, worth every penny scent? It's a real perfume. It stays on my skin until the next day. Luckily I still have a 25ml bottle but when that is gone I will probably cry!

Vamy69

I love love love Sicily!!! It smells like a clean cozy cashmere sweater! Very comfortable scent to wear. I wish I could describe it better but all I can picture is wrapping up in a soft cashmere sweater and feeling nostalgic!!

shreyashi
shreyashi

The only reason Sicily is so adorable and dear to me is the same reason why it is also so reviled at times. Its the banana note.
am crazy about it. Its warm, soft, ultra-feminine. Its a shame it has been discontinued. Getting your hands on one though is fairly simple.
Whenever I see a discounted bottle I buy it up in bulk. Already through 3 full bottles of 100ml. So I cannot recommend it enough.

gigiletta
gigiletta

i bought it very reasonable price-30 ml. 25 usd- for a blindbuy and i really liked. before honeysuckle i smell bergamot-very meditarennian style- and pure orange flower,but not citric way it is powdery,soft mixed with honeysuckle.after hours i can smell on me sandalwood and nutmeg almost italian handmade soap,i think longlasting and fresh for summer.
reminds me alessandro dell aqua for woman.

whitney.mccrummorrison
whitney.mccrummorrison

The smell is really fresh and powdery, like a very fine soap (as others mentioned), but it lasted about 3 hours. It's definitely too quiet for me.

id
id

soft, a little bit sweet (due the note of a honeysuckle) inoffensive fragrance which reminds me of smelling a luxury soap bar. I feel an accord of aldehydes as well. Even with a good lasting power it is too silent on my skin. Highly recommended to test before buying.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Soft, romantic, a fleeting sexy whisper, an ocean breeze, warm, relaxing & sensually clean, all rolled up in one.

I used to own this one and I'd love to get another bottle. While I don't usually go for this type of clean scent, I find this one sexy with wonderful notes of what smells like bamboo (though it's not listed as a note) & soft, clean, floral notes upon drydown.

Since wearing this in the warmer weather I've gotten so many compliments. This perfume is sophisticated, yet casual at the same time.

This perfume reminds me of an expensive triple-milled soap (cannot remember the name) that my mother used to buy in Germany.

Voopie
Voopie

I love this :)

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Very creamy scent.
For winter.
Almost a monoï scent on my skin after 15 minutes spayed.
I do not smell banana at all.
Every skin has its own reaction.
Not bad but surprising for me 'cause i'm fond of powdery and heady scents and it's neither powdery and heady.
It smells like a soap.
I'm not sure we can wear it in summertime. It may gets you sickness. But as i've written before : every skin has its own reaction.

Kamaty
Kamaty

LOVEEEEEEEEEE this scent! Opening citrus floral fresh soap .
For someone that want unusual almost exclusive scent.
The soap smell make you feel clean all day but soap smell is a realy fancy soap...
It is a litlle scary first but changes fast in a excelent summer fragrance.
I'm addicted with !!!

hitchie
hitchie

This perfume smells like clean laundry! I swear! I like it and it is a shame you can't buy it in Germany, because it is to exotic for the average taste here.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Bananas and soft floral notes. This is a fresh, crisp wake-you-up kind of a fragrance at first. It mellows out quickly to creamy, soft musky close to the skin white floral. Simply amazing! Smells expensive too.
This is a great choice for summer especially for a night out, good for daytime as well.
Excellent silage all day!
This perfume is different in a good way and worth a try for ones that prefer sophisticated florals.
My new fav!

reborn
reborn

It smells classy,it smells sensuel,it smells expensive,,it smells like a real woman!I think it will be one of the classics in the future

JohnMc

Gorgeous bottle design and use of aesthetics for the lettering! The design of the flacon and lettering evoke the perfume of an uber-sophisticated female from a host of Hollywood Noir movies, a shame that the juice itself doesn't match the aesthetic. Strong, overpowering and slightly noxious in my humble opinion. Style over substance - but oh what style...

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

When it first came out I expected something totally different. If I think of Sicily, the island, I think of lemons, oranges, bergamot, almonds... I expected a sort of a sultry but fresh summer scent.... Sicily, the perfume, isn't that at all!
I was disappointed the first time... It's powdery, soapy... So if you like this kind of perfumes, this one is definitely for you. If not search further.
Sicily is an instant classic perfume. Sophisticated powder and soap. I mean this in a good way. It lasts a long time.

octobersun
octobersun

This is very interesting and classy fragrance. For me, it is one of the best perfumes made in last decade. I love it especially during summers, gives really stunning exotic feeling, but nothing like sugary fruitiness.
It also can be great on some men.

angeldoll
angeldoll

Sicily. Great perfume,very feminine, classic. Certainly not for "fragile " girls. It is a fragrance for confident women. And For me, its mix of exotic flowers and sweet bananas.

nori
nori

J'aime ce parfum très italien dès son apparition.C'est un parfum romantique, très féminin et élégant à la fois.

hannie5
hannie5

Sicily is spicy, warm, very sexy and unique. It stands on its own! In fact whenever I go to my favorite Italian restaurant with my hubby this is my #1 choice of fragrance. Love, love, love it!!!

jenny2301
jenny2301

Omg NO NO No sicily makes me want to vomit smelling it...yuck...reviews were right smells like soap ugh.I really do not like this .Its been on now for 5 mins and I am already getting a headache:( I was so excited so I did a blind purchase on ebay and oh boy Am I disappointed. Smell before you buy people!!

evy.gc

MMM…LITTLE SEXY BLACK DRESS, SKY HIGH HEELS, SHINY SOFT HAIR. YOU’RE AT THE TERRACE OF A FANCY PLACE! WELL, THE PERFECT PERFUME FOR THE OCCASION WOULD BE SICILY FOR SURE!....

OPENING: INTERESTING SHARP CONTROVERSIAL CITRUS NOTES
MIDDLE:ADULT FRESHNESS AND VERY SHY BANANAS.
FINAL NOTES: HONEYSUCKLE, GENTLE FLOWERS AND ADICTIVE SWEETNESS (CITRUSY, SOME BANANAS, ALMOST POWDER BUT THE ELEGANT KIND).

IF YOU CAN BUY IT, I TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE! AND ABOUT THE SOAPINESS SOME OF THE BEAUTIFUL REVIEWERS HAD MENTIONED, THERES NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, ITS A WARM IRIDISCENT SOAPY SCENT IN A VERY VEEERY HIGH CLASS WAY.

iill1986
iill1986

IN SUMMER (on a very hot day):

Our first encounter ended with migraine with the Sicily.
I felt for strong, oldish, stinging one.
I wanted to wash it, but may not have been (very lasting and intensive fragrance)
I felt it until clocks on my skin- and it caused pain to me in my head.
I was doing uncomprehendingly, how it is possible to like this?????

IN AUTUMN (on a cool, windy day):

Our second encounter- I FELL IN LOVE with it simply!!!
Sophisticated, dazzling, brilliant, sexy, feminine fragrance.
After strong beginning, turns into a soapy, banana fragrance.
This a wonderful transformation!

MAGIC!- Sicily charmed me! <3

Buy a sample- TRY IT!- even many times
(Don't buy it without a test.)

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Another fragrance that I have a love-hate relationship with. Sicily opens sharp, it can sting my nostrils. Strange mixture of fruit (Banana) and alcohol, as well as woods and spices. If you love this, you should be thrilled, because SICILY lasts and lasts on the skin, and lasts even longer on clothes and bed linens!
When I hate Sicily it gives me migraines and makes me want to take a shower so I could wash the scent off (like during warmer days and humid nights). When I love it, however, I spray sparingly, and after the strong opening subsides, I love catching whiffs of Sicily on my hair (I spray it on the back of my neck) and pulse points. Sicily is very weather and mood specific. Best used during cool but sunny days.

Molko
Molko

Fcking good fragrance, reminds me of the old times and I felt this flavor in the cambric but in a good sence :D Never goes out of date...

purepoison
purepoison

to me this scent is just magnetic. one sniff of this beauty and it makes you want more and more and more... it's clean, fresh, sophisticated, expensive smell, ultra feminine and sexy. when you put some on your skin it makes miricles... wonderfull!

artsymom

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I think this perfume is mis-categorized. It's listed as a floral oriental but I think it's a floral-aldehyde or perhaps some might consider it floral woody.

netorian
netorian

Butterfly! A beautiful butterfly!

Fortunately i smelt it today. First, when it was in the bottle. I said: What's this old lady smell? Second i put some into my skin. And like a miracle, it's changed with my heartbeat. This smell turned to a colorful scent.

A timeless fragrance, for forever young ladies and for girls with good self-esteem.
woman, who wears a drop from this in her scarf.

kirsty the beauty
kirsty the beauty

it's quite strong at first but then after awhile it's quite refreshing and a loevly smell!!!

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I am wearing Sicily right now and i notice that it gets too soapy and powdery on my skin.
Considering that it is a little bit strong i don't think so that it would be an easy-going perfume to wear even for winter time.
I also find it elegant and classic!
Overall, I like it but not enough to give money for it. But it could be a pleasant gift!

pcelica
pcelica

to much banana soap.... it is to strong for me, but it is beautiful on my friend....

mlle<3delicieux
mlle<3delicieux

Not sure at first but after 10 mins or so when it had settled on my skin I started to love it.
Wow! Its now half an hour since I dabbed this on but think I may be in love.

Its vibrant and classy. Fresh yet it has depth. Fairly potent and only a small amount required. Mediterranean holidays, orchards and olive groves... this is a sunny fragrance which I would wear even in winter to lift my mood and remind me of the summer months ahead.

Sashie

A question for those who use it:

A number of you have mentioned the turning of the perfume (which doesn't seem to be discussed on other reviews of fragrances).
Is this a particular problem for Sicily ? I have a back-up bottle, and wondering whether I should use it more often or risk having it turn. I do keep both bottles in their boxes out of the sunlight, btw, but I don't use it everyday.
It's a pricey fragrance, would hate to see it go to waste.

As for the fragrance goes, I do think it's fitting as far as the name goes - clean, slightly sharp and with a synthetic, but appealing edge. Quite versatile, I don't see it as a conservative scent at all, and could be both formal and casual.

artsymom

I received this as a sample in a swap and I must say, didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I never would have picked out the banana note without reading about it here, but now I recognize it. It's a green banana, not too sweet- unusual in a pleasant way.

It smells like I am wearing nature if that makes sense. To me, it smells of woods and a sun-warmed field of flowers and grasses- sweet and hay-like. Yet somehow the banana blends right in.

No sharp, green or soapy notes. It's just a very natural and an almost-powdery scent that makes it very soft and enjoyable to wear. A perfect "skin scent."

I can imagine myself falling in love with Sicily. In fact, I am now on the look out for a full bottle.

this is an absolutely gorgeous scent. its wonderful for a night out or for a day at the office. its that good and versatile. its a warm, lightly spiced floral. not over powering at all. sensual, but clean and confident also. long lasting. the banana note makes it unique. i love it.

stelladoro
stelladoro

To me Sicily is a warm, woody, slightly floral, creamy fragrance. The banana doesn't come across as banana to me, just a creaminess that softens the hyacinth. The bergamot and citrus top notes don't come across to me as harsh and they quickly fade into the middle and base notes.
I tried this is a mini spray first, and after a year it hadn't turned so I bought a full bottle. No signs of turning after 3 years.

It's very important to keep perfumes in a dry, dark, cool place, and in their boxes. My grandmother taught me this - she had a drawer full of Chanel and Dior - it extends the life of the fragrance. Heat and light break down fragrance very quickly. Just think of how fast a favorite fragrance departs the skin on a hot sunny day.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Sicily is exactly how it might seem from its name - definitely very Mediterranean feeling, sunny, sweet, a little fresh yet creamy, clean and expensive smelling! To my nose the banana is barely detectable and certainly doesn't make it smell bad, unlike the banana in Patou's Sira de Indes which is veerrrry overripe and cloying so my bottle of it had to be returned because I hated it so much!

As Kristo has mentioned, Sicily seems to have a unisex vibe and I think it could just as easily be worn by a man as it could by a woman. It's not in any way spicy or woodsy though (on my skin anyway!) as a lot of men's scents are, but there's just something that tells me it could be worn easily by either sex. It's much classier, deeper and more expensive smelling than something like CK One though! Also, I think the bottle is very linear so it would look equally good in a woman's boudoir or a man's!

UPDATE: Hmmm, I'm not sure about Sicily now! I do quite like it in some ways but I don't love it. A male friend of mine came over this evening and tried it himself and he swore it smelled like a solid toilet rim-block cleanser!! Also, he said it reminded him of dank, mildewy markets and the smell of Ganja. He wasn't a fan!!! What he said made me laugh though! ;o)

olga1780
olga1780

Sicily is definitely different and not for everyone.
To me it was an aquired taste.....it took me a couple of wears to start understanding and liking it. I guess it happens to most of us, sometimes when our noses smell something entirely different, they feel assaulted right away before enjoying the scent.
It has a similar soapy feel of the original red D&G but that's about it as far as the similarities go.

I remember a lot of people were slamming Patou's Sira des Indes saying Sicily is the way to go for banana notes. But they have absolutely nothing in common. Sira des Indes is sweet, rich and deep, beautiful oriental, while Sicily is all about sour green bananas. Surprisingly, aldehydes are not listed, because I smell a strong blast upon first application. After it dries down, it becomes really elegant, and not as sour and sharp.
I think it is best suitable for warmer weather, because it is a kind of a "cold beauty" fragrance.
I'm glad I was able to get a large bottle for a great deal. It will last me forever.

Vamy69

I read some of the other reviews on this about the banana overload and my nose never detected any banana. It is really interesting to me how different peoples olfactory experiences are with perfumes. I get a nice soapy floral that dried down really pleasant on my skin. At first spray it comes across like some kind of furniture polish or varnish (my friend Jillzilla was right on about that) but after a while it gets better. It reminds me of something I have smelled before but I can't place it. Maybe a bit like Davidoff Good life? I don't know but I actually don't mind it after the dry down.

glitteralex
glitteralex

I have sampled this from various bottles, at numerous different points in time and variations in climate. My first response is always "bleh". Sicily starts out with an incredibly dry citrus note, accompanied by a brief creamy-sweet note in the background (honeysuckle?). This phase is short, and after a few minutes the dreaded "soapy floral" phase enters, dominates, and hangs around for a good 30 minutes. The base is a warm tonka with sweet spice. While the drydown is by far the best phase of Sicily, and lasts quite long, I would never suffer through the first hour to get to it. Also, despite the official claim of aldehydes, I don't consider this a particularly aldehydic perfume.

While I don't really like this scent for myself, I think the ingredients are of good quality. My main criticism of this perfume is the disjointed nature of the composition. A weird dry citrus top leads into an old school soapy heart, then becomes a 1990s warm vanilla base.

Compare to Allure by Chanel, at least in the the top and heart. There are also similarities to D & G Red (original) in the soapy feel, but Sicily in no way compares to its fantastic predecessor.

JohnMc

Banana, banana, banana! Honey-suckle/banana overload for me! Just tried a 2ml Eau de Parfum out of curiosity and boy do my sinuses know it! Great for those who love this out there (there are many), just too strong for my tastes.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I have tried Sicily this morning and to me, the fragrance is a pure soap in the bottle.
Strong aldehydic suffocating notes which leave hardly any space for other notes to emerge.
I was so looking forward to detect banana, honeysuckle, heliotrope or hibiscus and altough I was waiting patiently - it didn't happen.
Sicily in my opinion would appeal to heavy aldehyde fragrance lovers as honestly, apart from aldehydes I cannot detect anything else.
Sicily is a repulsive fragrance but everyone has their own favourite olfactive grups so what doesn't work for one person may work miracles for another.
I got compliment wearing it but my nose cannot stand it either in opening, heart or dry down.
Smells classy but not my cuppa at all.
I can see my elderly manager wearing it; a strong personality and a very mature woman in her 60's.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Honeysuckle, heliotrope, sandal wood and de-luxe white soap.
They could not have chose better model for the advert. Monica Bellucci in movie Malena, that is Sicily.
There are no bananas. It might be the combination of sandalwood and honeysuckle.
Here are the official web notes -
top: absolute jasmine, black pearl rose, hibiscus
heart: sicilian bergamots, heneysuckle
base: heliotrope, sandalwood, musk

kalios55
kalios55

I don't think I'm of the age to be appreciative of this beauty just yet. I do not care for it and do not know how to describe it but I also could not stop sniffing my wrist either. I'm quite mystified. Believe me, it gives such a strange sensation whenever I catch a whiff of Sicily, which is often. So Sicily is not shy or discrete at all.

A recognized quality so far is her silage and staying power. I am not a heavy-handed person--a little drop of this potent potion lasts and lasts and lasts.

Sicily is one of those scents that reminds me of a powerful confident chairwoman, in her 40's, who occupies the most luxurious office on the topmost floor of her cooperation building. She has on that classic low cut black suit and a great pair of pointy black Italian heels to intentionally show off her sexy gams. She's elegant, determined, classy, and VERY intimidating. Everyone respects and admires her.

Pari88

Very unique! I've never encountered a fragrance like this. Soft, it doesnt scream. You truly imagine yourself in Sicily when wearing this. Im not sure if there is a banana note in true, but it absolutely has the smell of a banana milkshake that has been spiked with sparkling wine! The drydown gets soapier and the sandalwood really shines here, making it slightly musky smelling an sultry. Really, it is sooo unique and va-va-vooom without being skanky or vampire-Esq.
This is not an oriental floral. It is a floral chypre for sure.
10/10! Unique and Womanly

Alesangel
Alesangel

Sicily is deliciously VAMP. A good example of a scent that is not for everyone. I agree with many of the reviews...it's sexy, classy, soapy, heady, creamy, clean, musky, and more. It is bold, warm, unapologetic, and oh so modern. In my opinion, not for everyday or office wear as when I smell it, I envision an old, classy hotel with high-backed leather chairs, cigar smoke, jazz music in the background, and raw sex. The dry-down isn't far from the opening even hours after spritzing it on, so use discretion when applying. It is my preferred go-to scent for cocktails and dinner. And I've only ever received raving compliments when I've worn it. All in all it takes a certain personality (think the femme fatale) to wear this and get away with it. And Sig.ra Bellucci embodies this perfectly.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Not surprisingly, this EdP starts out as a light, bright, citrusy aldehydic floral, but it quickly softens into a powdery heliotrope scent perked up with a little jasmine and sweetened with vanilla. Sillage is moderate, and the flowers are gentle enough not to be offensive. After a few hours it dries down to a creamy vanilla with some clean musk, and persists as a skin scent for a few more hours.

Overall, Sicily is a pleasant, conservative scent, the sort I might choose as a default selection when I’m around a lot of random people with unknown reactions to perfume.

ujhb
ujhb

One of the worst perfumes I ever bought and now that I see what the top notes are suppose to be, I'm surprised.... banana? really? This scent is way too pungent, even to be a room spray, the smell is way too strong and chemical-ish... paint thinner-ish, nail remover-ish (acetone) nasty...
IT DOESN'T DRY DOWN to a softer scent..it stays poison the whole day.

Russian

This is the only fragrance that I find hard to understand, but appreciate deeply.I cannot feel the top notes well, but I am definitely not smelling banana.It is more of a blend of honeysuckle and orange blossom that makes it feel so clean and maybe soapy.The rose takes its well deserved place as the soapiness fades away and after some hours the sandalwood is probably what I can detect best.
I do not imagine a retro bombshell wearing it, simply because this fragrance would be too much for a pin-up girl.Whom I see portraying best this fragrance is an amazingly beautiful and mysterious woman in a minimalistic black dress with high heels,red lips and long hair (Monica Bellucci is perfect for this role).
Sicily is both warm and cold, luxurious, but also very clean, elegant, but very sexual in a raw, deeply way.
I could see the similarities between it and Chanel No 5, but while No 5 is more conservative and somehow clichee, Sicily is both elegant and sensual - a combination that might be too much for some, but not for me.

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

My relationship with Sicily is strange...
First of all I love it! I am captivated by how it balances all those different citrus, floral, woody, fruity notes, and the result is absolutely feminine, voluptuous, like the sexy curves a Mediterranean woman has!
But...and here comes the "strange" factor, the last times I bought a bottle, I noticed that it turned. It revealed its putrid alter ego, the fruits overripe, the woods soaked, the flowers stale... Maybe the ingredients are really sensitive, and the bottles need extra care by both the providers and then the buyers, or, maybe I happened to have purchased from a nasty crop. Whatever the reason, I have been intimidated enough not to play the Russian bullet with Sicily, which I adore, and I will always have it in my heart.

aysim
aysim

I have read/trust the good reviews and bought one.Scent is very strong at first spray and top notes smells very bad version of bergamot and lemon.after minutes it calms down a little then becomes fresh&oriental scent.i think its far from 'banana' and 'musk'...i didnt like it :(

Louw
Louw

I love this fragrance and I'm really sad that it's been discontinued as I have not found any other scent that comes close to it.

It starts off confidently in a burst of citrus and floral notes with a delicious hint of coconut. This rounds out to become a sweet, honeyed scent sharpened by a trace of bergamot. Finally it dries down to a soft, powdery finish that lingers subtly on the skin, overlaid with clean floral notes still with that hint of citrus that stops it becoming too gentle.

A perfume that evokes thoughts of sunshine and Summer holidays among lemon groves. Makes may skin feel sun-kissed even when my pallid British complexion hasn't seen the sun for months! Get hold of it while you can because it's a real delight.

Antigone
Antigone

Real Sicilian spirit-for strict but sexy lady. Long lasting scent which makes me feel clean, relaxed, happy. I've noticed that this scent is like two phazed - every second sniff it smells different from the first. Interesting though!
Highly recommended! Men like it too:)

Siv55
Siv55

I really thought I'd love this from the descriptions of it in magazines when it came out. I was thrilled to see it in the shop. I tried it and found only sour soapy lemons and not enough sweetness.
I recall the woman in the advertisement was crying. Presumably with disappointment.

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

Incredible fragrance! Absolutely stunning!

Jillzilla

I will say that when this fragrance turns, it becomes very sharp and synthetic smelling, and nothing like its original self.

I had a spray sample I had been testing over the course of the year, which I tested for the final time a few days ago. I could not believe how the final oxidized spray assaulted my nose! But I already knew I loved the fragrance dearly, so I broke down and bought a sealed bottle on eBay.

I can tell the top notes from my new bottle are also beginning to deteriorate, and are coming off a bit sharp (rather than as a fresh burst of aldehydes), but fortunately that passes within moments, and I am back to the Sicily I remember.

Why did they have to discontinue this beautiful fragrance??

LADYELLE
LADYELLE

This is a spring/summer night time wear. A medium scent but a lasting fragrance on.

cloyd42
cloyd42

"Floral-aldehyde compositions which instantly remind of classic Chanel N°5 posses glamour and elegance of «old» classic fragrances."

I will say this once through clenched teeth. This is not a classic. It is pleasant, even nice, but you cannot pronounce yourself a classic, particularly when you aren't. The public, time and critics determine when something is a classic.

2/10 for the effrontery

icontreras
icontreras

Are you looking for compliments? Just wear Sicily on your skin and you will have a lot...
A seductive fragrance, not for everybody since it is quite heavy at the beggining but lovely when you wear it for some time.
I love this fragrance. One of my favourite ones...

MDWake8
MDWake8

Love this one. Its how an Italian woman would seduce a man through scent with supplies in her home. Indigenous flowers and fruits from her garden, fine milled soap and after bath powder. Very pretty.

malia
malia

This perfume is something amazing. I love it for a long time. Especially when you think that Monica Bellucci used to wear it too ;-)

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have fallen deeply in love with Sicily.

Sorry I am being a broken record,but I want to be honest,and this is a duplicate (a replica) scent I have,and it contains a synthetic vegan musk.

For me,this is very special. It is a heady honeysuckle soap,a creamy banana vanilla swirling dance of perfume poetry! It smells like spring and summer to me.

It is a surround scent and so beautifully intoxicating. I am under the spell. The sandalwood mixed with the heliotrope is so creamy and powdery.

When I stepped outside to get my mail,Sicily, she wafted and floated around me,and I almost could forget what I was doing! The air was thick and luscious with perfume and wind (cold day).

I have never taken a look at the advertising. Don't really know much about that.

But this scent is something of magic for me.

jaa456
jaa456

This is a modern Chanel 5! It's sharper and cleaner. I put this on for brunch. I don't know why but when going out to brunch I love to wear this. Not just for day either.

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

I love most of D&G parfumes,like Light Blue,The One,Rose The One,... but this one is totally discusting for me.Worst of the brand for sure.I can`t imagine that someone could actually use it.For me it smells exactly like anti insects/roaches spray or something..(

sbkoch
sbkoch

Too lemon-y for me, and not real lemon scent but the kind you would think of with CIF bathroom cleaner. I want to like this fragrance, but it has a definite old lady connotation and sharpness to start off with; then it dries down to something nicer, but lacks staying power on me.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Oh I'm so in love with this one...why they have discontinued it???? :( It has the sexy smell of just washed (and kissed by sicilian sun :) ) silky lingerie!

possumke
possumke

unfortunately my experience in testing this particular fragrance is not a positive one. Initially I had high hopes with this one being a D & G. Although an older installment, it's notes seemed very interesting...
but when I tried it, I knew immediately this one was not for me, and I hate to say it, but it really smelled like fly spray to me, and I have NEVER said that about another fragrance before! The worst thing for me was that it actually turned my stomach and made me feel queezy, and I couldn't wash the smell off my arm!, staying power and the sillage are a perfect 5/5.
To me the notes seem all jumbled and clashy. The banana was the worst note for me, ick.
Sorry for such a negative review... I do love other scents by D & G. just not this one!

junie
junie

Italian perfume at its most beautiful... A classic.

For a woman who hates compromises and won't apologize for it..
A gold and luxurious liquid embracing my skin with a soft touch of fresh powder, cold and spicy bananas and delicate flowers. I am strong, fearless and in peace with myself.

Sicily is my favorite.." Oh Sicily .. I will sincerely miss you"

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

Sicily to me is Summer. A hot tropical island summer with the rich smell of ripe fruit and coconuts. It's warm sand and tropical plantations and hibuscus flowers in your hair. Lying on a verandah with a sultry breeze wafting jasmine up to you as you drift dreamily with thoughts of the evening dancing to come. A distinctive fragrance for women who know how to wear it.

At first a little bit soap, then a warm, deep, soft and feminine scent comes thru, but on me it turns out to be a little bit oldlady-ish. Nice but I will not buy it again.

xdaria
xdaria

At first I liked it a lot and I totally love the commercial. But then I've realised it smells like soap. I had it and gifted it, but now i miss it a little.

Manya2
Manya2

I had a nostalgic re-test of this beauty yesterday. I sprayed some on my scarf and tried two different Chanel perfumes on my wrists.

When I got home, I kept smelling a wonderful scent all around me...I sniffed my right wrist -hmm, it's not this one; smelled my left wrist - no, it's not this one either...Even though I changed clothes, the scent of Sicily was following me everywhere!

Hypnotizing, soft, really unique and ultra-feminine. It really, really made me want to buy a bottle again!

TankGirl
TankGirl

Oh Sicily Sicily, Its so hard to find you now, your gonne from the perfume shops and you are not anymore on cheapsmells snifsnif Replaced for that boring The One collection...
Well what can I say more? This was my first love, sweet like honey, salty like the skin of a woman after a swim in the mediteranic sea..Its a piece of art, strong, beautifull sillage, original...everything was perfect, but now you are reduced on fake imitations that only have the shadow of your beauty...I will miss you :'(

Lottis
Lottis

Sicily starts with a strong sent of soap together with a nice hint of Bergamont. (I recognize the sopyness from D&G "red cap")
Fore me there is a slight tone of banana in the background. During development, all the flowers appear more.
The sopyness is qite charp in the beginning. After an hour or so the sent becomes smooth and elegant... a sent of clean.
Lovely!

staying power really good!

Gosha
Gosha

Sicily is very summery - or I should say "Full Of Sunshine", because I am not saying that this should be worn only in summer. Quite on the contrary - this scent is so cheerful and optimistic that it might nicely brighten up a gloomy autumn/winter day.:-)
It is somehow happily clean :-), very soapy and full of flowers. The banana adds a nice, soft, sweetish, mellow, calming balance to the edgy sharpness of the bergamot. The flowers are very feminine, potent and even little provocative at the beginning, but soon soften and ripen too and the whole thing transforms into dreamy, even soothing potion (the sunshiny/spiky edge doesn't completely disappear though...there is something little prickly sparkling under all the clean/sweet calmness - all the way till the end).
If I was to associate this fragrance with a color, it would definitely be a very bright, strong yellow!

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

Sometimes ya just want something simple; Clean, slightly soapy and simple. Those sometimes can be when you're sick, hungover (not that I've ever been THAT :P), or just want to be clean and simple. Days when you're lounging at home in your white PJs watching 'The Nanny.'

This is when I reach for my DG Sicily. I first fell in love with it, seeing my little cousin's collection. I tried to steal it from her but she wouldn't let go of it (I'm awful, I know lol).

Contrary to the notes, I get a very simple composure that works for me. Banana, Ivory Soap, with a tad hit on honey and musk. I like it, but I can see where some would have a love/hate relationship with it. If soapy i snot your thing then shy away from this baby. Sillage is decent, as it clings to the skin but lasting power is good at 4-8 hours. Especially on clothes! And it is strong, like I like 'em.

I highly recommend.

Julz15
Julz15

when i first wore it, it was nice but after a little while the smell got to me and i started getting sick of the smell, not one that i would buy luckily the one i wore was my grandmothers lol.

Manya
Manya

It is one of the very few perfumes which I can *smell* whenever I think of it, even when I haven't smelled it IRL for years!
My favourite of all of D&G perfumes; I think it could have become a classic, it is truly underrated...

It is extremely elegant, not casual at all. I loved to wear it in winter!
Beautiful sillage, well-balanced composition, great lasting power.

If you're not (physically or emotionally) "allergic" to any of the notes, I suggest you give it a try!

guest_xxx
guest_xxx

clean,fresh,sexy,perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guest_TankGirl
guest_TankGirl

This one is absolutely gourgeous! In the bottle smells like a mediterranean beach was traped in there, I can smell salt, aldehydes, banana and fresh flowers. It works very good in the winter because its a very warm scent, great to spray on leather jackets. Its sexy but in a classy way, Monica Bellucci was a great choice for the ad, the perfume its just like her, beautiful but in an exotic way, sexy but not cheap. A perfume for women not for girls! Man are a little bit scared of this quind of smells because they can express women power, that why the fragrance was discontinuated...
It's a shame, I am totaly tired of smelling like fruit or sugary flowers.

marinadina
marinadina

i find this one not at all a floral oriental on me,, its very much a fruity floral gourmand, with banana the dominating tone, changes a lot with the time, great sillage and staying power,, very nice one, especially in a hot climate like Greece, well said Vickalena, it prefers hot weather!!

vuelo
vuelo

Like Jillzilla, I also get beewax from this. And also noticed it's very "weather" sensitive.But works wonders in every season. Good during day, but great during evening/night. I can smell some aldehydes, but not much,top notes emanate a tiny bit. Overall, it's wonderful, I love it.

AmberLove
AmberLove

Cant believe that it took me so long to have it in my wardrobe!!!I always saw this in the perfume shop and have tested it long ago, only once and did not careabout it. Till I read the raving reviews here about this...I bought one and I must say that I have found a new signature!!!This scent is exactly what I demand from a scent!!!
The perfect combination of unusual notes such as banana and nutmeg with a sensual, oriental base and ultra longevity...I just love it!!Normally would only wear it during fall, winter but during summer it smells even better on my skin!!!The strong soapy start soon melts into a warm, clean and sexy scent. I have always loved D&G fragrances, BY, Feminine, The One, D&G red cap, Rose the one, but I can say that is is my favourite D&G fragrance! Its on the same line as By!!!Simply the best!!This one is a keeper!!!
A sultry, sensual scent full of class!!!

Jillzilla

This is so different in cold weather vs. warm weather! In cold weather, I got a lot of banana and beeswax (even though it's not listed).

But today, in warm weather, I got a lot of aldehydes! I still got the banana, but I also got almost all the other notes this time!

It's such a strange fragrance on my skin that I find it refreshing and invigorating!

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

A generous member gave me a sample.

I don't perceive any banana on my skin, only gentle florals. What some others might be describing as "clean" or "soapy", to my nose is "baby powder" through and through. A petal-soft scent, which might need to be re-applied during the day.

Floritica64
Floritica64

I absolutely love SICILY. Complex yet satisfying. Um, yeah thats it.

hollycat
hollycat

As an Italian woman I thought I had to give Sicily a try. So I got a sample. Maybe I still need time with this fragrance but for now all I can say is BANANNA. I get bananna. I knew it was there as a note but I figured since it was a top note it would blend and morph into something special. Well right now all I can report is that this smells like I showered with banana split body wash and then let myself dry in the sun. It is a soapy scent and the aldehydes make it a bit sharp. the only thing that makes this sweet is the major banana bomb.

I remember having tested--in a duty-free store on my way to somewhere far away--D&G SICILY shortly after its launch. I liked it a lot, and ever since I have had the idea in my mind that this edp is FB-worthy. Until today, though, I had entirely forgotten precisely why. Having recently tested a range of D&G fragrances which I found underwhelming--to say the least--I feared for the worst as I opened up my sample vial this morning.

Instead, I was delighted to find at last a D&G offering that I really do consider a worthy perfume! With a name like SICILY, I was expecting a bright lemony aromatic fragrance--what else would one want to wear during a hot Sicilian summer? Instead, SICILY may be more geared toward the wife of a high-level mafioso, someone very rich who doesn't deign to meddle in her husband's business (and would be shocked to learn the truth, if she did!).

I say this because SICILY is soapy from start to finish. A clean, appealing soapiness that would wear very well in hot weather, I think. The bright floral opening--honeysuckle, heliotrope, and hyacinth-rich--is really beautiful, with a unique texture apparently imparted by banana.

As the fragrance evolves, it just becomes soapier and soapier, until all that is left is a feeling of clean. I like SICILY a lot: great fragrance, good sillage, excellent staying power, and it probably doesn't hurt that I happen to love soapy perfumes. On my wish list--Adesso!

panda0410
panda0410

I dont know why people keep claiming this perfume is Dcd - this perfume (which is also one of my faves and a perm staple in my wardrobe) is still available on the D&G site, still remains current, and is one of their perm items.
It is also one of their best fragrances IMHO. This is one of the most sensual and alluring, feminine fragrances, subtle and gentle on the senses, but equally statement making - Sicily is a fragrance that people remember!! This is a typical floriental, warm, spicy, a beautiful blend of florals and sandalwood, its warm and seductive! The Bergamot in this fragrance is utterly beautiful - and I hate bergamot, its usually tart and to me rather unpleasant, the note in this fragrance features none of that and its beautifully complementary to the honeysuckle heart. The jasmine and hibiscus top notes are a lovely opener and the rose in the top endures the rest of the developing scent. The base is sandalwood, musk and heliotrope, the sandalwood and musk are evident and so beautifully balanced, neither one stands alone, but both are recognised. The heliotrope in the base is unusual, it captures the entire scent in a heady vanilla almond embrace that is both captivating and unforgettable.
This is one of my all time favourite perfumes and I will repurchase this fragrance at the end of each and every bottle I use for as long as I can!

Lady Love
Lady Love

Sicily is classy!!

A luxurious fragrance for luxurious moments. I'm in love with Sicily's banana notes!!!The most exquisite ripe banana(dominant note)combined with soft and beautiful flowers.

Sicily is as intense as D&G EDT. This is a perfume for those who don't want to pass unnoticed, spite of that, this is not an overwhelming scent.

I have Italian blood in my veins and i will allways love Sicily.

CherryLou
CherryLou

None of the perfumes I've ever tested has managed to draw as many compliments as Sicily does every time I wear it.

There aren't too many perfumes I'd label SEXY, but Sicily is one of them. I haven't come across people wearing this perfume very often so it can be unique, soft and sophisticated signature scent.

Sugar419
Sugar419

This fragrance smells like sun-warmed soap to me, and on me. Not bad, but can be cloying after a while. Strong lasting power, so use sparingly!

olympialetan
olympialetan

I first sprayed this on my wrist when I was out shopping. Initially I didn't like it, I thought it smelt soapy and I was turned off. Two hours later I got home and smelt my wrist and the scent was different. It warmed up nicely on my skin, soft and comforting like a cashmere sweater but still sexy. Its distinctive but not strong for a perfume. Its for a woman who is sexually confident, who isn't afraid to be emotional in my opinion and embraces all that life offers. My flatmate adored this on me, she would come into my room and always go straight to the bottle and sniff it the entire time when she'd talk to me. She even would tell me when she smelt someone wearing it. I was sad when i heard it was discontinued and D&G brought out THE ONE. In my opinion Sicily is the best scent that D&G has. Its a classic.

Fides
Fides

Got this one about two years ago, and I just couldn't handle it. It was either too sharp, or too soapy, or too "offensive". And than, couple of months ago, I smelled Sicily on my brother's girlfriend, and I just couldn't get over how great that perfume was! And I thought to myself - I have this perfume, and I'm not using it. Why? It was warm, but mildly citrusy, sexy and provocative. Just perfect evocation of beautiful Sicily, and Mediterrian too.

guest_Li
guest_Li

Initially it was very cozy, but after a while has evolved in a strange way in my skin, referred me to a soton dusty, old things saved, did not like it.

AprilSea
AprilSea

On my skin, Sicily smells of coconut, like an Indian hair oil. In the bottle, it's perfect, sunny, warm, sexy, it has all the attributes.
But it smells better in the bottle and I am so sorry. :(

janabana123
janabana123

sicily

a very soft, but intense, feminine, passionate with a certain simplicity, extremely seductive scent, longlasting, sweet but in a very warming manner.
eau de parfum for special occasions.
an evocation of femineity, embodiment of the fragrance, by a full-blooded italian woman: monica belucci.
perfect all the year. still - it has its own character, which is surely not a mainstream "fashionable" gimmick.
i love it.

cabcleary
cabcleary

2 years ago, I fell in love with Sicily only to find that it seems to have been discontinued. First, is that true? Second, if it is, does anyone have any suggestions of similar scents for me to explore?

hapa
hapa

This has the bones of being a classic fragrance with its sandalwood, musk and floral combination. I read the descriptions and think I should like it but then I apply some and then it all goes wrong. When this lingers in a room, it is politely engaging without being overwhelming. Indeed when it is smelled on others one is overcome with the need to know exactly what it is they are wearing. It should have stopped here with me but instead I procured some and my adoration for this fragrance has come to a shuddering halt.

I'm still bewildered by this because it smells so good on others and when sprayed in the air. On me it smells old, stale and dated. I think it is the aldehydes because Chanel No. 5 also works terrible with my chemistry.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is a wonderful fragrance. I owned and wore it one summer and it brings back great memories. Like a few other people here I found it very clean and soapy, with beautiful white flowers. It's a rich, strong perfume, not for the faint hearted or someone who wants to blend in. With the right body chemistry it blends in and creates something very warm and sexy. I agree it is the best of the D&G fragrances.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

i really wanted to love sicily, but it is not for me. it is very fresh and sweet while maintaining a vibrant but warm feel. as i sat there trying to talk myself into enjoying it, i figured out the problem. sicily smells so much like fruity baby foods. no. no, thank you.

libertybelle
libertybelle

Yum. At first smell, the bergamot and citrus was evident. Didn't take long for it to die down to a more mellow flavor - one that had a masculine tang to it like a scent of an old boyfriend. After about an hour, the fragrance evolved to a more suble, slighly sweet like honey with a bit of musk.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Classic, Clean and Feminine. Oh and Unforgetable! I must say I wasn't a big fan at first. It was simply a nice clean citrus smell but after wearing it a while, I really started enjoying the creamy citrus. And, I can smell the heliotrope flowers. I love heliotrope! Add to that bergamot, honeysuckle, jasmine, sandlewood and a light musk and it equals an exquisite creamy citrus. I truly enjoy Sicily. A lot of notes get lost within a citrus scent but not here. Just the right amount so you aren't mistaken for a guy! It's pleasant, mild yet there. I read on one review it was too strong. I don't find it to be strong at all. It's lasting but not strong to me. One of the few Dolce & Gabbana scents I like. Sicily is definitely on my wish list!

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Hands down my favorite scent from Dolce & Gabbana. Unfortunately, it never worked on my skin. It's the scent of creamy skin, freshly washed with fine citrusy soap and warmed by the sun. Lovely.

Sicily is a lovely fragrance, a one of a kind type scent and for the life of me I cannot understand why this has been discontinued.

My immediate reaction to this fragrance was that it reminded me of a banana flavoured milkshake. The scent is soft, feminine, sweet and somewhat powdery.

Sicily is flowery, but not in a predictable sense. The honeysuckle, banana and frangipani notes gives this fragrance an exotic feel which is undeniably attractive. I honestly have never smelt anything like this before.

I enjoyed every aspect of this scent. From the tropical and fruity opening, to the delicate floral blend and nutty undertones in the heart, to the musky yet soapy drydown, all parts were breath-taking. Another added bonus is the fantastic lasting strength.

Along with the signature D&G for women fragrance, this is my favourite offering from Dolce & Gabbana.

scarlett
scarlett

I love this fragrance and i had it. it smells fresh and soapy, when u wear it you feel at ease and clean, it's floral too, but not too much (i dislike too floral fragrances, they give me headache). it lasts the whole day on your skin and on your clothes and eveybody appreciate it!
the thing i most love in this fragrance is
that when you wear it it seems the natural smell of your skin and not just a perfume. perfect in every time of the day and the year!! I love it!

7seven7
7seven7

This perfume is my to get list. I remember wanting it badly three or more years ago. I forgot the name of the perfume, but I was always looking for it until now. I found it through fragrantica by random searches.

neve
neve

A shy, polite and clean blend. This is how class smells.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Love Love Love ALL THE WAY !!!
Sicily will always be a part of my perfume collection...is one of my favorites...:)
The first time i try it i felt in love with this oriental, warm, incensy perfume ! Bcz i am more than sure that it contains incense !
I don't feel the bananna note at all...
All i can feel is a deep classy- oriental scent !

When it came out back in 2003- autumn, it was like nothing i have smelled before ...love at first sniff .
So beautiful and different , so smoky and a bit dark ...
***Sicily it's more an autumn-winter fragrance to me...

This perfume is for special evenings,smoky, powdery, sophisticated, feminine and so sexy...long lasting...so italian...great fragrance;) Every time i wear it there is always someone asking me the name of my fragrance! ;)

Tarya
Tarya

Super soapy, clean and simple scent. Intense in a way that I hardly ever wear this.

fotolux
fotolux

lucifera (strange name isn`t?)! I think I can explain your problems with this scent. very important to find a correct time of year for this fragrance. Someone talks that it is a hot summer (for me it`s really true), and someone like Sicily in moist weather. My bottle was made in Italy before the Procter & Gamble times of Dolce&Gabbana. I think it`s very important too.

lucifera
lucifera

well i had it,gave it a try but it still smelled like that old green soap on my skin :(not very pleasant

vioversilver
vioversilver

This is just beautiful, ultra feminine, sexy. I'm loving how clean, natural and warm this is, simply perfection...
I can totally get the warm sun on the fruit and honeysuckle all around me, but not cloying at all - this is what a goddess would smell like!, even my little boy told me I smelled really good when I first wore this. A favorite.

billur
billur

My first fragrance.
Still remember it as a very noble scent.
Because I'm brunette, think not suits me well..It is more a blondy- scent..

alianeblue
alianeblue

Aww this is pure baby powder on my skin, it is soft, romantic, innocence, I really adore Sicily. What really attracts me the most is the banana note which is not very commonly used in fragrances, most likely this was the main reason why I purchased Sicily, I was just curious about the banana mixed with flowers, musk, nutmeg, and sandalwood, OMG I’m thinking about dessert while writing this. Just Yummy!

sky76sky
sky76sky

A very fresh & clean "white" scent without being in any way aquatic or too green. The more I sample it the more I like its minimalistic qualities.

Yes, there is a lot of white soap (less Dove, more the fine, handmade variety) but it is much more than just a perfume of washing powder!

On my skin I find a delightful scent of warmed lawn daisies - fresh, without being in any way sharp. I only find the tiniest waft of green bananas & the flowers all meld into one to create the most gentle of florals.

There is a nice metallic edge, thanks to the nutmeg & all the notes are bedded deeply into the whitest, softest of duvets that is heliotrope. It is as if you view this scent through a sheet of cotton voille - all the scents are present, but hazily so. That said, this is no weak scent & it will stick with you for most of the day.

A classic - unique!

(Please note that I am one of 'those' who don't get Chanel No5...& yet I will happily wear Sicily).

Halvah

I must update my comment since I got a new botle of sicily EDP and now I think it's absolutely beautiful. This is how taste and mood changes:)
OK, it doesn't show its beauty at the moment you spray it on, it's too honey-like and heavily soapy then, but the drydown is warm, sensual and really classy. Now I understand why people associate Sicily with Chanel No5. There is a real resemblance, but Sicily is definetely a modern classic for today's women, soft, subtle, expensive-like and elegant. It worth a try, but don't mind if it's just not for you:)

Trinity
Trinity

The moment "Sicily" touches my skin it instantly reminds me of the beautiful classic Chanel N°5. Since I already own Chanel N°5 I was a bit scared that "Sicily" might be just "another" Chanel N°5.

However, after the fragrance has warmed up, the sweet aroma of banana evolves….warm and very tender.
Yes, it is a bit soapy, but this quickly disappears. After a while it settles close to the skin…..mainly leaving a very beautiful trace of soft banana and jasmine……

It seems that the fragrance has not a big and strong sillage. However, whenever I move or walk…it is clearly there!...

"Sicily" is a soft whisper and a sweet, warm promise of something delicious yet to come…..like a secret love affair…;-)

I feel feminine, sexy and still very classy while wearing this….could easily become my new signature scent.

Spring25
Spring25

I tried a sample of this fragrance today, and all I really noticed was the banana and a sweet soapiness. It has a warmness about it, but the whole perfume did not seem to last very long on me - less than one hour. The composition sounds wonderful from the notes and reviews listed, but perhaps it just doesn't work with my skin chemistry, or maybe I just didn't have enough to apply to get the whole effect.

Lou lou blue
Lou lou blue

Sunshine in a bottle, the smell of the hot sun beating down on flowers making their sweet perfume emanate all around you.

swampyg
swampyg

I love this, wore it for my wedding. It's one that I shall always go back to. I'm not as good at describing the scent, more the feelings that it gives you which are warm and happy. Try it, you won't be disappointed, and I love the non-fussy packaging.

perfumesheep
perfumesheep

Sicily has the potential to become my signature scent. It is so very warm and sweet with that lovely smell that reminds me of NIVEA creme. I also get the BANANA note clearly.Very classy and feminin. I can´t wait to try it in harvest/winter as I guess it is too early to wear it now during the hot summer days.It does have a slight powdery touch but it is well balanced.

chuaalba
chuaalba

today i smell it and i fall in love,sweet and strong in the same time,marvellous

falovalo
falovalo

This does have a steamy soap smell. Like a voluptuous, beautiful woman stepped out of a hot bath with floral scented candles all a flicker.

Fragrance
Fragrance

SiCilY is a perfume that i like alot. Yes, when it fades ,it smells like soap.but inside in it , it has kind of a refreshing touch also.It's not too strong, but it lasts long.I like this one a lot than the D&G The ONE. But this is not the kind of a perfume that I'm looking, which is more gentle,feminine,Refreshing,attractive with mysterious touch..

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

What a beautiful feminine scent,so soft and sweet.Yes its kinda soapy but in a nice way,that feminine clean way.I think its great to use on dates and romantic evenings.But its great in other occations also.I love the bottle too it suits the smell very well.

Deklina
Deklina

I personally love this scent, it came to me as a present and I didn't quite know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised and now I wish I hadn't run out of it so quickly :)

e9rul7
e9rul7

it's a lovely soapy vintage scent to me, in a wonderful way though. it smells italian, mediterranian...just delightful

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I wish I never bought this scent, I don't smell any of the individual notes, and I like most of the listed notes quite a bit. I agree with the reviewers who detect "coconut", "soap" and "synthetic"....Never mind the label being a high-end Italian name, D&G should discontinue this one. Che peccato! Io so che sicilia e' un'esperienza sensoriale tanto piu' ricca che questo profumo....

Update: I'm a fool, it is discontinued! Still not my cup of tea, but I'm sure it smells nice on somebody else.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is a classic femminine perfume but I wouldn't purchase it.It feels
synthetic for my taste.
Maybe a more generous dose of honeysuckle would make it more sincere.
The main problem though is that the drydown is too similar to DK's Cashmere Mist.I have a buying-resistance to lookalikes.

dani78
dani78

For me Sicily is a hot summer in the province: warm and full of sunlight, juicy and sweet like grapes in the late summer, light like a sunset breeze, fresh like getting outdoor shower, passionate like a dark, red, aromatic wine shared with a lover in a lazy afternoon, intoxicating like honeysuckle flowers in the evening.
It suits perfectly on my skin, giving it warm, melted honey feeling. I adore every drop and every note in this scent. It’s a sun in a bottle – not the one in the morning but the sun in the August afternoon, when even the heat has its own spicy aroma.

sam
sam

The mature Italian woman. Clean, feminine, sexy and full of passion at the same time.Very vrsatile and deep scent.

Citrene
Citrene

Fresh. Sexy. Slightly sweet. Yes, I agree it starts off a bit soapy, but that doesn't last long for me. It hugs you with warmth and memories (or evokes wonderful daydreams at the very least). I don't think it's too strong. In fact, it gets quite soft and feminine rather quickly. An absolutely beautiful scent. Unfortunately I don't get any banana, which is what I was actually looking forward to smelling...but's still very loveable IMHO.

I never thought that Sicily would smell like this.to my nose it's a sweet soapy perfume that doesn't remind me Sicily nor Italy at all.
the Floral notes are very strong and there is something extremely sweet in this one.in fact the best word to describe it is:"sweet soap".
I also think it has something to do with narcissus.I also get the strong sweet scent of heliotrope.
it's not bad,but as it's said in description it's an old classic fragrance.it would be suitable for +35 women.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Ultra feminine, clean, very soapy, fabulously sophisticated, and undoubtedly sexy. I think it takes either a special person or the right attitude to carry this off. It starts off sharp, strong, and soapy, but it dries down and envelopes you in a soft sensual aroma---evoking clean, damp skin straight out of an outdoor shower in Italy, with the scent of that flowery Ivory soap still lingering around you. You'll either love it or hate it. I, for one, love it. Nice all day long, but perfect for summer & even autumn evenings/nights. I picture myself in a light but sexy summer dress, sipping on good quality limoncello on the outdoor patio of a restaurant, overlooking the water, & just quietly enjoying a lovely humid summer night with my love or perhaps even alone. It seems to get soapier and sexier as it dries down, but the scent lingers on me beautifully. Use sparingly. On my skin, it has lasted anywhere from 6-8 hours.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I love it, the subtle retro feeling it creates makes me think of italian sex-bomb actresses from the 60ies (but the one from the advertisement will also do ;) ). The dense, honey-like, radiant sweetness of the base is lovely, and I think it's due to the heliotrope and sandalwood, the note that I absolutely adore, but rarely can smell as distinctively as here. The opening may seem a bit soapy, but it's worth to be given a chance! And in this case I actually like it, because this is exactly what makes you think of a beautiful, well-combed Fellini lady in a cocktail dress. But it will probably make some people hate the fragrance.
Sicily reminds me a bit of D&G's Red Cap, probably because of the sandalwood, but it is softer, lighter and sweeter.
Definitely sexy, definitely elegant and definitely Italian.
The bottle is gorgeous in its simplicity.

persian_girl
persian_girl

I absolutely love this one, as I love everything about Italy, it is the scent of this ancient land with its ancient villas and cities, noble, elegant but conserving forever some remnants of its ancient traditions and nostalgy for a glorious past. It is a very uncommon scent, equally precious as the memories of a warm night of a holiday spent in the south years ago, just walking at the seaside and in the narrow lanes of an old Italian city, with snowwhite linen hanging over your head and remembering a lost love..

lexina
lexina

I love this perfume. Pity it's not a constant item in the D&G perfume range :( Someone should explain to perfume manifacturers that there are confident women below 30 who don't need a constant change of a perfume in the floral fruity olfactive group. Who needs to change one peachy perfume for the other peachy one for diffent price or different bottle? They smell the same. So please, make something also for us, mentaly developed and keep it in the trade. Thank you.

I finally bought Sicily!
I absolutely love it!Who is fond of rich,expensive fragrances,go for it.
It is so sensual and sophisticated...
My favourite

Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Definitely Sicily has an interesting scent, the scent you keep in your mind. Kind of a candy - I find some likeness to the Gabriele Strehle's perfume Strenesse. Unfortunately on me Sicily is too strong. Who knows, maybe in 10 or 15 years...

DeLizious
DeLizious

I was surprised to see this fragrance rated 33% for winter and only 10% for summer... cuz I love this one the most on hot summer nights and I absolutely can't wear it in winter or spring.
First time I smelled it, I thought it was very soapy, now I just think of Sicilian bergamot with lots of honeysuckle!

barbiot35
barbiot35

Sicily opens a new scent category i think; sweet like candy but not too much, floral but not boring,and it's really fresh!...It smells just like eating bergamot jam with vanilla milk shake in a garden full of orange trees coming into blossom!...
It's not oriental i think,it's just a "sweet- floral-fresh" perfume!

PR
PR

Can't describe the smell of 'Sicily'. Its layered and linear, sweat and spicy as well, but that's doesn't describe this scent. My husband when smelled it said: 'yeah, it smells exactly like painted cupboards in my kindergarten used to smell..' ..well..kind of classy smelling cupboards then..
I think this perfume retains certain class, though smelling a little industrial/paint/wood like..bitter/hot/spicy smell resembling some solvents and paints

chocolat
chocolat

I found it a few months ago, years after it being introduced on the market and i think this will be my fragrance!
Special, soft and creamy, stylish, for everyday and for special occasions, feminine and seductive with innocent charm. Long lasting. Distinctive. Some people find it strong but for me has just the right strength. If I knew how i would give it all the balloons possible :).

rebella
rebella

Such a lush, creamy, powdery and sweet fragrance. And not to much of it, just enough. Really nice and comfortable to wear. Some clean, soapy feeling, but not to much. Could easy be one of the absolute top powdery fragrances. The flowers in it is so light and kond of fluffy... Like imaging an old fashioned powder box with a pink, fluffy powderpuff. Smells gorgeous.

A must try if you in to stuff like Chanel no 5, Iris Poudre, Tocade... I find it as good as them, but in it´s own way.

Boggi
Boggi

I decided I had to try this after smelling in on a woman. She smelt so heavenly. I bought it as fast as I could. It was a disapoinment to discover that my body chemistry turns this to a long lasting nagging scrubber. It is like someone has taken dish water and concentrated it to a sweet, dirty perfume. As I said smells great on other women, but I can't bear to carry this. I have to enjoy it on a distance.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

The same base of Crystal Noir, therefore, so creamy, with some smell close to coconut.
^~
Evolution like a virtuose... vicious... spectacular.
>.<
The most better D&G!!

simonac
simonac

I bought this perfume (actually my husband took it for me), but the scent is not so strong like tester. So, if you love the scent but you are frightened that is too strong, don't be!It's perfect for cold and cloudy days, a joy to wear it.

Emeraude
Emeraude

Nice but strong for me,so I wear it in winter...I think this fragrance is very sweet and fruity more than floral,not oriental,spicy,and long lasting...

lolita82
lolita82

Nice sensual fragrance...it will be noticed. POWDERY FINISH WHICH I LOVE. If you looking for a similar fragrance i suggest bulgari jasmine noir !

guest_VIA
guest_VIA

I am a fragrance officionado...and I simply must say that this perfume is wonderful...it smells like Caress bath soap...I've always loved that smell. It smells clean, fresh, and feminine. The dry down of course is soapy and a little bit on the coconut side of the scent spectrum.

F_A

Yesterday I noticed that Sicily has something in common with Versace "Black Crystal" - the same spicy note arises from the base, can't specify what note it is...

Halvah

I tried this one many times, but I still can't get it's beauty. Many friends of mine simply love it, on me it's not likeable at all. However, the bottle is really beautiful.

jeanol
jeanol

Very strong, somewhat overpowering. Even though I loved it enough to buy it I rarely wear it as it's one of those out there in your face perfumes.

motavate
motavate

I absolutely LOVE this scent. I also like to wear it layered with D&G Feminine, this combo always gets me a ridiculous amount of compliments!

Moszatka
Moszatka

It's like a strong soap on my skin. Clean but not too soft fragrance.

azuriiita
azuriiita

feminine, sensual, soft, deep ligth, beautiful scent... when i need one touch of pleasing sense only with smell my fragrance: Sicily is wonderful :)

F_A

I really love this fragrance,it's exceptional, but whenever i wear it it makes me feel as if i'm gonna cry soon:)) Funny, right? I guess it's the influence of the ad of this fragrance - dark-haired woman with tears in her eyes.Interesting why they created such poster and why it influences me that way:))

klonk
klonk

This seemed to be 'love at first sniff'...! At the store the powdery soft warmth and freshness made me feel absolutely feminine! Wow! I bought it via Ebay, just the same day.
I spritzed it on, only a week later after receiving it but the whole sensual feeling was gone! I felt the scent smelled very masculine and strong on my skin (??). Tried it the next day and some days after that. Unfortunately no progression here. Really don't know what happened (the bottle was original for sure). Sad, as it really is a wonderful scent! My mother now is absolutely delighted with it....

guest_cocobunny
guest_cocobunny

It was love at first whiff...My mother bought it for me for X-Mas and it is time for another bottle. I love its powdery scent. It makes me feel clean and dirty (naughty).

flugeltje013
flugeltje013

When my mom wears it, it smells just like deep warm coconut... I like it on her but haven't tried it myself

dcolletti
dcolletti

I fell in love with Sicily the first time I smelled it. I am on my second bottle and still enjoy it! It's a must have.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Soapy lemonscent, very different and lovely. Cool and nice for summer.

Vanessa Olivatti
Vanessa Olivatti

Sicily recalls sussuro, love the sun, warm and sensual.
It is smooth and delicious fragrance to itself that reminds Italians chords as hibiscus, rose, heliotropio, sandalwood, almiscar.
Mysterious!

argeada
argeada

This is one of those perfumes that just blow my mind from the first sniff I take. Actually, you know that they have a nice friendship to offer just by seeing them on the shelf. Like an intuitive "click", like you didn't pick it, instead, it picked you.
Sicily is talkative, plentiful, yet nonchalant, reminds me on a beautiful girl lying on a freshly cut hay, bathing in the sun, anticipating the presence of her significant other, right there, near her. It's self-confident, relaxed, in peace with it's strength. Delicious!

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Soft, romantic, a fleeting sexy whisper, an ocean breeze, warm, relaxing & soapy clean all rolled up in one. Sophisticated smelling too. My husband say instantly that smelled "expensive & sexy".

Sicily
Sicily

The first time I smelled it I fell in love with it and I knew I had to have Sicily! Timeless, classic, soft, sophisticated, Italian, rich and very feminine. Oriental flowers, jasmine, hibiscus, honeysuckle, sexy undertones, it is definitley mysterious, yet it smells clean and expensive. There is nothing loud or overpowering about this scent, it meshes with your skin, and the lasting power is great. I detect some Dove soap here, also reminds me of Sensi (same clean powdery feeling). It is packed in a simple bottle, classic style.

elgab89
elgab89

Strong fragrance, not a subtle scent. I imagine a strong, confident woman wearing it. Very distinctive scent. I guess it falls in the category love it/hate it.

2007

Sicily by Dolce&Gabbana 3.88 out of 5 based on 1147 ratings and 245 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Sicily fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Sicily, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sicily by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sicily by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.