Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

The One Dolce&Gabbana for women

The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos
The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures The One Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

As it was envisioned by designers, The One is a fragrance for an exceptional woman who instantly draws attention, not only with her looks, but also with her manners, pose and inner world. This fragrance, like all of the fragrances of D&G house, is a 'fragrance with character', special and alluring. Its oriental floral-fruity composition is very warm and sensual with powdery vanilla trace. The color of the fragrance perfectly matches its tone.

The composition opens with softly fresh mandarin, bergamot, litchi and peach. The heart is thin and balmy, with the notes of jasmine, lily of the valley and white lily which graciously intertwine with the fruity touch of plum. The woodsy-powdery base is created of vetiver root, amber, musk and vanilla. The One was created in 2006.

Litchi Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot

Sweet & Sour Diamond

The One Fragrance Reviews

lcommisso
lcommisso

This is a powdery, creamy, sweet, airy floral. I know it says vanilla, but I don't really smell it. The bottle is classy, maybe a little too clunky. I liked wearing it in the summer so it is not overwhelming. It is a like, but not a love.

PurestJade
PurestJade

This fragrance starts creamy, but ends powdery. I don't get any citrus in this. It almost smells like an intense honey scent on me, but that's the litchi and the plum's transformation on my skin. It borders on being sickeningly sweet; a little of this goes a long way. I smell peach, litchi, but no orange, no bergamot.

As it progresses, I get powdery florals--but not in an overbearing or offensive way.

I don't think this fragrance is office friendly. It's more for night-time wear and dates... This fragrance may be a bit heady, so I appreciate that I've worn it in cooler temperatures (fall/autumn). I could see this being a bit much in hot and or humid weather.

It's a good, smooth, feminine fragrance... With a light chocolate, vanilla, and powder scent upon exit. I'm still trying to decide if I truly like this fragrance, or if I just reeeeeeeally want to like this fragrance.

florencia
florencia

This, on my skin is very creamy, a little sweet, i can smell the peach,plum and the ambar mixed, the result something very creamy, this fragrance is not for a young girl, for a great use , wear it at nights

DionysusSeven
DionysusSeven

I have a sample of this that I am still working on. I've been wearing it on and off for almost 2 weeks. It's...very vanilla on me. I love warm vanilla scents which this is, but it also pulls a lot more of the powdery scent out on my skin as well. I love that it is not a sweet scent. It almost makes me think of Dior Hypnotic Poison. I can see this being a perfect signature scent. It's very sensual and good for colder weather. It's a comfortable scent. It makes me want to wear big warm sweaters and enjoy crisp fall or winter air. I feel like this could be a beautiful fragrance, except I'm not 100% sold on the powdery note. Very feminine, sensual, and cozy. In no way does this smell cheap.

Dafja
Dafja

The one reminds me of amber, vanilla, smoke,gardenia,tiny tiny bit rose.

Jillybean17
Jillybean17

This perfume is nice! It smells like tea & flowers to me, like a fancy tea party! Very sweet & floral!

princetongirl
princetongirl

sexyyy ,sexyyyy ...any guy would melt just when smelling it ,this is my signature perfume!it's perfect for winter !I couldn't wear it in hot days cuz i like fresh scents in summer and this one is heavy and strong (of course in a good way )

kati77
kati77

I can see why this is a great frag for a lot of people. I retry it lately, vanilla type scent among many in the market.
But for me its a dislike because it reminds me of a woman that was snob and bad manners and treated me horrible way, two faced. So this was her signature scent and i will never like it.
I appreciate Manifseto Ysl, Si Armani ,lately also My Name Trussardi .........all those from vanilla category. The one will never be the one for me. From D&G perfumes i say much more "i do" to Sicily edp.

flee298
flee298

When I first smelt it I loved it so I decided to buy it, however whenever I put it on I can't stand it! I won't be re-buying it in the future.

dadulka82
dadulka82

I fell in love with this fragrance after I smelled it on my friend.
Unfortunately it is very different on me, too soft and I can not smell anything, just a touch of vanilla and white flowers.
Luckily it was my present, but don`t think I will purchase it after I run out.

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

The One is a beautiful fragrance. I consider it a classic staple in the Dolce & Gabbana collection of fragrances and I'm sitting here wondering why I have yet to repurchase it. I think one of the big reasons is the never ending flankers that are released of this scent, all these flankers just eat away at what I see is the credibility and the beauty of the original. Just let the original do all the talking for the brand- I say!

On my skin this is a warm and bright vanilla, or more so a sweet ripe peach that has been covered in creamy rich vanilla that sets off all kinds of sexiness on my skin. Bring in the lychee and you have a very sweet and fruity vanilla fragrance which is incredibly warm and not something I would attempt to wear in Spring/Summer because on my skin it is quite heavy and potent. The Amber provides further warmth and depth but so does the Plum note when it appears on my skin- it's quite sensual in a way and it adds more character to the fragrance, it almost gives it a bit of a jammy quality on my skin. I don't get any floral notes but I do pick up on the musk note and whilst on my skin it is quite subtle it's quite obvious how it adds to the fragrance and how it assists with the way it drys down on my skin- which is just a very warm musky vanilla.

The One has fantastic lasting power and very persistent sillage, it projects so well that I've often felt a bit uncomfortable at times with the fear that I might have applied too much but who cares anyway- if people have a problem with my perfume then they can find another place to stand Haha!

Ferminadaza
Ferminadaza

Glorious...I usually do not like mainstream perfumes . When I find a mainstream perfume that I enjoy, I often like to tinker with it a bit. Usually that means bringing out my amateur set of accords and essential oils and adding a little this and a little that to create something that is akin to the original fragrance but tailored specifically for me. I know---complete sacrilege. That being said, this creamy little gem does not need much. Imagine a rich egg custard souffle made with the finest of madagascar vanilla and infused with jasmine then topped with delicate 24k gold flakes. I layered this perfume dessert over a cocoa base to intensify the powdery amber notes and provide a gilt frame to the jasmine and vanilla. It softened the overall thing into a whisper of metallic silk chiffon whereas before it was gold lame silk organza...it was... perfect.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

It's a very classy fragrance it do not shout at you its too classy and sophisticated for that nothing cheap or common about it, but it's not shy either. It's powerful but quiet at the same time.
It's just beautiful, clean but not too clean, a very gentle and caressing wafts drifting in the air.
At this moment in time with the perfumes i have at the moment if I was only allowed to keep one this The One would be the One its just perfect

Treacherous
Treacherous

This fragrance is ok, it is unusual, powdery and soft. Nothing to go crazy over, I much prefer The One Desire. I'm glad I only bought a small bottle of The One, when that is all gone I won't be buying another bottle.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

The One is a pretty, powdery, peachy vanilla that would wear well as the go-to vanilla in a perfume lovers' collection. Vanillas are a dime a dozen, it's true, but the peach here adds a little something to an otherwise standard concoction, making it unique and familiar at the same time. For a solid, warm vanilla I prefer YSL's Cinema which has been growing in my estimation lately, but this is in the same vein and preference is an unpredictable critic.

My only complaint is that the vanilla in this wafts synthetic sometimes, though not as loudly as in some other perfumes, which has the potential to become cloying and slightly nauseating.

To its credit, its longevity is impressive, once lasting through a room cleaning and a bubble bath.

Yay me
Yay me

Warm sexy feminine scent it's so nice

zymryte.shaqiri
zymryte.shaqiri

Very warm and sexy spicy sweet

CarmendyNola
CarmendyNola

I've been wearing this fragrance for almost 7 years. I can still remember sampling it for the first time. It was pretty much love at first spritz... I wore it while I was shopping and a half hour later I was at the counter getting the largest bottle they had. There is something really special about this scent. The name and bottle are very fitting. It is very classically beautiful but with a few pleasant surprises. When you first apply, you get a feeling like you just stepped out of a bath of precious oils. Powdery golden-amber goodness. When it starts to settle it surprises you because what you think is floral coming through ends up being a harvest of mandarin and plum and definitely some lychee fruit, which ads a balancing sweet femininity. It's sexy, it layers and lingers so beautifully, and a little goes a long way.

**I wanted to add... this scent is wistfully reminiscent of Loves Baby Soft perfume! I don't know if any of you remember it or know what I'm talking about? My mom bought it for me and my sister every year for christmas when we were little. This scent makes me feel like that sweet girl again, but all grown up. So lovable :))

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I can't believe I haven't tried this baby sooner.

It's an opulent, classy fragrance for women, and I think it is versatile if you need to go from work to after-work occasions.

It's fruity notes aren't cheap smelling as sometimes they can be, nor do they smell too "young" - it's a fragrance for someone who wants something relaxed but pretty, elegant but not complex.

It's definitely a balmy, smooth smell and it's very pleasant. An unusual approach to vanilla, which I enjoy.

blue_belle
blue_belle

This is a beautiful perfume! Peachy and floral, with a gorgeous vanilla/amber background. Despite the seeming heaviness of those notes it manages to feel fresh and clean. It's one of the few perfumes I have that I think I could wear both during the day and at night.

On me this lasted about eight hours. In that time it only got better as it developed on my skin; this is one that melts in and smells natural, instead of a perfume sitting on top. This is a must-try for peach lovers!

annarox
annarox

This is a fine, expensive scent. There is nothing offensive about it. I could see it being worn by a woman on her wedding day. It is reminiscent of an expensive wedding cake frosting, that is not the most memorable frosting you have ever had, but that no one could call cheap. I could see it being worn by a classy woman on her wedding day, and never being worn again. It is a fragrance that is completely inoffensive, and completely unremarkable.

jdawg
jdawg

Detail about the top, heart and base notes? I don't think so. This perfume is amazing. It lasts throughout the day. Makes a woman feel confident, sophisticated, classy, sexy and young. Well done D&G!

Alison Wonderland
Alison Wonderland

Absolutely adore this fragrance.

Smelled it first on a close friend in London, who always has the best perfumes.

I was thrilled when a new friend eventually bought me a bottle in NYC.

Elegance, class, drinking champagne in Mayfair or high afternoon tea.

Somehow this gem got left behind when I moved back to London but how I miss it! Can't wait to be able to afford a bottle :)

ru2
ru2

An oriental, warm, woody but rich at the same time type of scent. I can detect the peach and orange in this. (and apricot, for some reason)

This really gives me a headache and is quite cloying actually. I have a small sample, and every time I apply a couple of dabs I instantly have the urge to wash it off. It smells "off" to me.

On the other hand it is quite a sensual scent, probably for brutal winter months and cosy nights in in front of the fire with your lover.

sameera
sameera

ذكريات رحلتي الثانيه إلى دبي

Jahzara
Jahzara

Is it me or this perfume smells like bananas?
I don't know, but I smell bananas, peach and musk.
Which smells delicious! This on me has a decent longevity. It's a great perfume to have in your collection if you like fruity scents!

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

If I was a woman I personally wouldn't wear this in summer or hot days really. Because to me this is a very strong fragrance. But it's not strong in a bad way. I would wear L'eau The One since it is an EDT on warmer days. Because the hotter the day, the heavier a scent is.

aglow
aglow

Powdery vanilla. I prefer Madagascan Vanilla Flower by The Body Shop.

isabella76
isabella76

For some strange reason this fragrance makes my husband hungry! Sweet, floral and sensual. I only wear it in the winter.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

The One is a warm, cozy, inoffensive, floral-fruity-oriental eau de parfum that I think could work for any woman or occasion. A fruity perfume for those who don't like fruity scents. A floral for those who don't like florals. An oriental for those new to that bewitching world. Sweet but not a day in a candy shop. Woodsy without being masculine. Powdery while remaining youthful. Fun and yet mature.

I know that the term 'safe' is often used disparagingly about fragrances, but for this one, I honestly believe it's a testament to its quality craftsmanship.

mooglebuns
mooglebuns

This is warm sticky syrup covered peaches and amber. It smells so enveloping and delicious. I especially love it when the weather is warm and there is a slight breeze and I can literally feel the scent wafting up and around my face from my neck. This perfume takes my brain to an entirely different place and it works it's magic on men too. I have to give up my arm quite often to be sniffed, only to try and take it back and be told "I'm not done. Hold on" and be sniffed some more. I am in love with this fragrance and it loves me back.

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

LOVE this! I love the soft, sexy peach and the warm amber and vanilla. I had used this exclusively in cooler months, but I was in the mood for it today in July. My husband went crazy for it! He loves this on me and I love it on myself. It's a bit spicy-sweet with some soft fruitiness. I don't really get much floral out of it. Such a nice fragrance. I just have a small mini of it, but will definitely purchase a large size when it runs out. A hit!

Caveat: If you don't like sweet scents, you will probably not like this one.

Also, if anyone smelled the Jovan Satisfaction that came out a few years ago, it's very similar.

rziotti
rziotti

I realy love this fragrance, its honey fragrance, sweet and chic! its very, very good fragrance. not imagined that be so good ! reminds hot honey , its sexy. i have no words for it. My note its 10/10.
Longevity 4 hours and sillage modarate.

Hellita

Hey, I just had to write a note that I had the original The One (that first came out in 2006). Last week I tried on The One 2014 version and they are not the same. Somehow I noticed that it's been watered down or something. Anyone else noticed the change? Just a heads up.

oktober
oktober

syrupy peach and strong ambery vanilla, it's lovely.

mamta.rivonkar
mamta.rivonkar

This is my most favorite evening/night perfume. Its very sexy and I have got a lot of complements for this one. Moreover stays longer. I don't have to worry if I have to stay over, this stays over ;)

A little too strong initially but wears off slowly to a nice mandarin-orangy fragrance.. suits me.. perfect for a party night..

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

Delicious. Strong orange with tender peach skin, a drizzle of litchi juice sprinkled all over this fragrance which has a background of light white flowers, and warm, soft vetiver hints popping out during wear. Lovely easy to wear yet complex enough fragrance, with a vivid centre theme of oranges. Brilliant staying power, well over 8 hours, but never offensive. Sweet with a twist and a lot of character! Good for everyday use, but sure not to be overlooked on special occasions.

dttk
dttk

People mostly voted it for fall season, but I prefer to wear it in spring and sometimes in summer nights.

I don't know why, but couldn't wear The One in winter; it was not smelling nice at all, I was feeling it more stronger and the smell was giving me the feeling of 'old lady like' as some people mentioned. I don't get this feeling when I wear it in spring and summer, it's weird. maybe it's fruity sweet, that's why..

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Smells like peach cobbler, it's yummy.

It's a very sweet and classy perfume, I like it very much. Makes me feel warm, cozy and womanly.
I can see me reaching more for this come autumn/winter time.

Longevity is an issue though, which is a shame. Perfect for layering.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

I do not like vanilla as the star in a perfume and I especially would not buy and wear such a perfume either! I DO like vanilla, but only as a backup singer in a perfume, or a body lotion to give a nice base to other perfumes, But this was an exception. I smelled this and was surprised with joyful wide eyes.

Its not a candy sweet vanilla, yuck, this one is a boozy, thick, rich, syrupy, smokey, a bit spiced vanilla with hints of dark fruit and a dash of powder. I am a whiskey and scotch lover, so this smell reminds me of a nice glass of it. I imagine an elegant woman wearing this perfume in a cigar lounge with a bunch of other men drinking scotch, and she's keeping up with the guys but still being very feminine and lady like while the men marveling over her. I wear this in fall/winter, cool nights, and going out.

TriniDella7
TriniDella7

If you like Cannel you will like this. The exclusivity is not lost on you

Alley - D
Alley - D

This was a hand-me-down from my sister who gets sick of scents very quickly. I think she needs her head read as I wouldn't hand this over if my life depended on it!!!

I'm not a huge D & G fan (clothes included), but this is sooooo lovely. It is so very individual - I can't say I have smelt anything that comes even close to it.

Upon spraying I get a lovely waft of lychee and peach which seems to last all day. On the dry down I tend get a more musky scent.

This beauty will remain with me to eternity.

arrokaj
arrokaj

i got it as a gift and i liked it. too shame i broke accidentally the beautiful bottle and it was full :(

scentsory
scentsory

Fruity notes on initial spray and dries down to a powdery vanilla with warm traces of amber and musk on my skin. I do really like it and find it to be like a cozy comforting sweater. IMO It's a safe option for the office or daily use and wouldn't offend anyone's nose.

zzMaja
zzMaja

This is a very pleasant, sophisticated, and warm scent. I put it on early this morning and have enjoyed it all day long both indoors and out. I don"t smell it constantly, but I do get pleasant whiffs on and off throughout the day. It stays close to the skin which makes it great for intimate moments. I enjoy the litchi and plum and the dry down is warm and sensuous making it easy to wear day after day.

elnaz_sn
elnaz_sn

I like sweet,warm,sexy and this is all the above. It is a powerful scent, not for the faint of heart. Its more woman than girly, think Monica Belluci. I adore it and cant get enough of it.

DarlingOne
DarlingOne

This screams sexy, sexy, sexy! My friend had it, and it smelled AMAZING on her. But I couldn't wear it. You have to have it in you to wear this perfume, otherwise it will wear you. I felt like a fraud, like a pretender when putting it on, because it didn't resonate with my personality. On its own, this is a beautiful, feminine scent, but if you're not a kind of girl/woman who is confident in her sexuality and feel shy to express it - buy it, but wear it for your significant other behind closed doors. If you have confidence to wear it, and like the attention that goes along with your personality- go for it. Confidence, sexiness, charm, charisma, girl or a woman sticking out of the crowd, that is D&G One.

SuadKhamis

I don't like this perfume but amazingly I love the smell on men! It should've been a man perfume!

caros76
caros76

I bought this for a friend, and liked it so much that I later purchased a bottle for myself. Classy, elegant, confident. Perfect for evening wear. Makes a statement. To me it's a wonderful mix of spice and sweet.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The dry down on this is beautiful, but the opening is identical to Chopard's Casmir, which can be obtained for about $20. I went with the Desire edition, which is slightly richer in character, if not quite as long-lived.

bliss
bliss

I just realized I still had this tucked away. Used it 2 years ago and it seemed "off" to me so I stopped using it. (I think it was my body chemistry changing, in my late 40's). Now I have used it for the last few days and I love it again. Soft, feminine and a tiny bit powdery. Great for work. I rekindled a friendship, and I love it!

pravda48
pravda48

@Irinka, below: in this particular perfume I think it's the litchi that is a bit odd on some...

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

this is of my fav's!!!but i'm wondering why sometimes i feel this note that people call "catpee"?this makes me crazy cause i love it so much and i don't know what will happen every time when i choose it from my parfume wardrobe!!!if somebody can help me and ask me why...i feel the same and with DESIRE THE ONE...

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This is an amazing fragrance. It smells gourmand with a powdery finish. Mature and sophisticated

This is my new favorite! Every time I wear it I fall a little more in love <3
And I'm so happy it suits me! It's even more lovely on my skin than just smelling it from the bottle!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

And this smells like a fragrance from when I was a kid. I wish I knew which one... I think I've smelled something very similar on one of my relatives.
I just get that déjà-vu feeling sometimes when I wear it. But can't really put my finger on when and wear! Oh well...

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Hm, I find this one quite pleasing, which is something I haven't said about D&G for a good long while. Yes, I am bitter still about them discontinuing D&G for women then bringing it back with a weaker formulation *shakes fist at them* so in hopes they would captivate me again, I tend to try out their new fragrances soon as they come out.

When I tried this, I must say it brought up thoughts like ghosts of vintage perfumes, but I detected something synthetic about it and it brought me back to the present time. It is neither complex nor linear but somewhere in between. The drydown is what I liked the most about this fragrance. I definitely enjoy the described thin and balmy heart and the creamy vanilla notes gave the fragrance romance, the amber gave it depth and the powder, comfort.

This would be something I would probably purchase for a friend that was into steampunk...or at least that is the image that came to my head when I ask myself the question "What kind of woman/man/situation/location comes to mind with this?" (a habit I often enjoy). However, this fragrance and I are no match for each other. I like the fragrance in the bottle itself, but I prefer something a little more dynamic to work with my body chemistry and this fragrance smelled a little too homely on me.

Still an interesting perfume that carries the spirit of the past while taking a nice direction into a new era.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

This is my girlfriends FIRST oriental flower. Or first second perfume. Almost.
She occasionally wears Clean-Outdoor shower fresh,but thats it.
I´ve tryed to open up her eyes to the world of perfumes, but its pretty hard if you have little or no interest in the subject.
We both tryed this on at the store the other day and -BAM- she became even more beautiful then she already is. She turned into a trip to Paris and back.
So i bought it to her the next day.

Since she´s not That interested in perfumes, I was really happy to find that she at least liked it, even Very much :)!

Warm vanilla with a clear presence of Jasmine.
I love it on her.
Superlonglasting!

rose18109
rose18109

I am in love with this perfume. The bottle looks classy and the perfume is just amazing. I can not stop smelling my hand when i am wearing this <3

CeciliaKu
CeciliaKu

I'm all for sweet fragrances, but unfortunately this fragrance just seemed too sweet for me.

The opening although pretty fruits, is a little too much like sticky candies overloaded with sugar. Due to this sweetness I would say that The One is a relatively young and flirtatious scent, not something to be taken seriously.

It does mellow into a warm and pleasant oriental floral, the jasmine, lily and plum are pretty and certainly wearable, the most pleasant aspect of this fragrance so far.

Małgoś
Małgoś

A very nice scent, soft floral, powdery, good to wear, warm, but it lacks depth in my view.

jeannette_84

I just got it and I'm already in love with this fragrance!!!

Hellita

I used to love this perfume, but not anymore (at least not on myself). I smelled it on somebody else and I had to try it on. I eventually bought it for myself, but ever since it's just been in my drawer (getting old, almost unused). Funny how preferences change.

UPDATE: So a good friend of mine was wearing this one day, and I complemented how she smelled as it was truly amazing and so much deeper than I can remember it. I asked her what fragrance it was and she said the Rollerball of The One" by D&G. When she told me I almost fell on the floor, because it was so different on her than on me. It was beautiful on her. So skin chemistry is really important in how a frag. smells. I still love this on others!

Yellow Daisy
Yellow Daisy

I really like this one it smells great, the first spray i thought meh but once it dries down amazing!

Pusteblumchen
Pusteblumchen

This is the first negative review I'll do.

Got this perfume as a birthday gift when it was launched. I never used it actually because I couldn't stand the scent.

It's way too sweet and for that not even close to elegance... I don't want to scare people around me by popping out evolved by a cloud of cheap sweet candies...

It gives me headaches :-( I can recognise it when crossing people wearing at stores or streets. I'll leave the lift if someone is in it wearing it!

ACTUAL: I've sent my bottle to my sister! I don't have it anymore!

Julie Billi

Regarding the low silage and longevity of this perfume, I would not buy it again only the body lotion which smells heavenly and lasts long on the skin

louisminaj
louisminaj

Got given a full 75ml bottle of this fragrance today and got to say, this is a gorgeous scent! I'm a sucker for vanilla based fragrances so this one is just incredible! The fruit notes are quite powerful, especially the Litchi. I get the Litchi and a very strong vanilla when I first apply!

After a while, I get a load of amber, this is good as I love the warmth that amber gives. There is also a powdery feel to this fragrance, I don't usually like powdery scents but this one really does work, but more towards the end it is pretty much just vanilla and amber, so this is a very sexy, sultry goodbye.

The only place I can fault this fragrance is the sillage. This fragrance has NO projection what so ever, no one can smell it on me unless they come close! The longevity is good, not amazing, but it holds for a good 5-6 hours. I would not pay the full retail as this does not have the power that the price tag leads you to think.

But overall it is a gorgeous scent, with a lovely bottle, but not the power I was expecting. Would I buy it again? Only if I can get it at a VERY good price!

May Zacharopoulou
May Zacharopoulou

I bought this keeping my expectations high.... but it sadly disappointed me :( I can not detect ANY fruity hints! No litchi , no peach, NOT AT ALL vanilla (vanilla lover), no amber.... ! Dont know why i disliked it sooo much, to me it smells like tea, it has a very very dry smell that brings me down and makes me feel sick! Too heavy, ( good longevity )and not at all floral .... i finally gave it to my sister, and she loved it. Nice bottle though.

alane0101
alane0101

I only tried this on paper during a marathon sniff test the other day, but some of the accords--I'm guessing the peach, musk, and aldehydes?--combined into a used urine cake kinda thing for me. I was too scared to try it on the prime real estate remaining on my arms after that. Has anyone else gotten this on paper and did it also occur on skin?

lirael00
lirael00

This one is becoming one of those legendary perfumes for sure. So many people love it. And the reason for that is that sexy warm musky vanilla peach scent that transforms girls into a really sexy ladies. I don't wear it because it's one of my friends signature fragrances and I don't like sharing the same signature as my friends. But it smells amazing on her, and I've tried on myself and it wasn't as good as on her, but still I liked it a lot. If you don't have your signature fragrance yet, maybe The One is the one.

MP19
MP19

this is the perfume you wear when you want to feel sexy and elegant, and want everyone to know that you're wearing it!

skylar666
skylar666

This is the perfume you would want to wear if you are going to be out partying 2 days straight & still want to feel/smell nice & alluring [when you haven't had the chance to shower because this will last]
I don't really notice the fruityness but it's a modern warm gentle vanilla. A+ for longetivity & sillage! I don't know if it was my mood from the perfume or if the scent is that irresistable, my crush and then some were talking to me all night.. I don't know if they reformulate it? but i got mine from my mother who bought it in 2007. i wouldn't mind having the flankers of this perfume based on this quality, tbh.

Maey
Maey

My friend bought this perfume for my birthday and I instantly fell in love.
It has this nice and modern scent. This is clearly for the modern sexy women.

It is one of my signature perfumes.

And I totally agree with the description of The One:
"The One is a fragrance for an exceptional woman who instantly draws attention, not only with her looks, but also with her manners, pose and inner world."

juliejigsaw
juliejigsaw

When I first smelled this in store I was hit by a strange wave of nostalgia, but could not figure out exactly why. But I was smitten by the warmth of this scent, it really goes very vanilla and musk on me, but, not in a sick sweet way, rather in a very sexy way!
I purchased a bottle and my first time wearing it around my mother, she asked what I was wearing, when I replied The One, she laughed and said it was all she wore a few years ago. That explains the nostalgia!
Then, I wore it for a night out with my man, and before we even left the house, his nose was glued to my neck and he demanded to know what smelled so intoxicatingly delicious. I have NEVER gotten such a positive response to a perfume from him. He couldn't stop trying to get a whiff of me all night!
So all at once I feel comforted by my youth and ravishingly sexy.
I saw in a few reviews that this isn't so suitable for someone my age (I am 20) but I think if you are a bold woman, and don't mind smelling like something other than Juicy and Flowerbomb, give this one a go!
I also saw in a few reviews that this reminds people of Hypnotic Poison and I will vouch for that! I adore that scent as well.
But this definitely is The One for me.

Antares811
Antares811

A soft fruity-floral with a sweet, warm, powdery drydown.
It slightly reminds me of Allure: feminine, sweet, cozy and sexy.
The staying power isn't very strong, al least on my skin. (I recommend the body lotion too, delicious).
I like it but I find a little too sweet for my tastes.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I've had a mini of EDP for quite some time, and I knew I liked it ok because I kept it rather than gifting it, but I couldn't remember what it smelled like. I also received a sample of The One Desire EDP Intense so I decided to test and write a review. Firstly, on the open, I found The One to be extremely cloyingly sweet. It made me wince a little. Now, I enjoy many sweet fragrances, but I'm more of a floriental lady, so I need a little spice and complexity. I get no bergamot, and very little citrus. I do get tons of a very well rounded vanilla. Infact, this reminds me of Vanilla Fields, which I used to wear and love in when I was in college in the late 90's. I'm sure it's more complex than Vanilla Fields, but for the vast difference in the price tags, if The One was a favorite I would certainly give Vanilla Fields a go as an affordable substitute. I notice that these are made by Procter and Gamble. Now, they are a company who produces good household products, but they are also a money producing machine and I would imagine that the highest quality ingredients may be substituted by chemical ones in these perfumes. That may be why they don't really resonate with me. I smell once and I say, "oh that's not bad" but I can never remember them, and they just seem a bit generic to me. On the dry down of The One I still get tons of vanilla sweetness, but I also get powdery musk. And the more cloying fruit notes, like cloying peach and plum, not juicy ripe but chemical. On the open The One Desire is pretty much the same, maybe even stronger. But on the dry down I get a very nice floral (I can't identify which floral) and much less vanilla. Again, nice, but kind of generic.

Very golden packaging and the perfume itself is more suitable for golden ages.
I can't imagine anyone under 45 wearing it.
It's quite warm scent full of vanilla and amber. Not sweet at all.
Sophisticated and elegant in a mature way.
I am not a fan of it just now, maybe someday.

Jelenaa
Jelenaa

The One is really the one. Very unique, classy, sophisticated! A perfect combo of vanilla and peach, and a hint of amber and mandarin orange.I can barely smell jasmine and musk, there's almost none in it. The one collection is just great! Pure perfection!

laurenaudell
laurenaudell

I bought this today, and I love it. Reminds me very much of Hanae Mori Butterfly. Very vanilla and soft, with a woody and musky undertone. I do wish I could smell a little bit more peach in there for a nice fruity punch. I think this is so feminine and good for day and night. Lovely!

chuetta
chuetta

this is one of those perfums that makes me wanna smell my wrists eternally everytime I use it. It's so yummy. It is sweet but not in a playful way, more in a sexy way, it's just so addictive. Like hey, I smell like all these amazing flowers tied up in a bouquet with a vanilla ribbon beside a fruit basket. First time I smelled it I thought "I want to smell like that, it is amazing".

SueLidstone
SueLidstone

I find this perfume heavy and cloying to the point of being neauseating. It is strong, thick, and very heavy on the powdery scent. Not a fan, sorry!

isabelamattarelli
isabelamattarelli

i just LOVE it! it fits my skin perfectly... first, it's fresh and woody.. them become vanilla-woody... confortable essence... not cloyng, too sweet

i feel powerfull and elegant when i use this one
delicioussssss
i think in winter, it will be PERFECT! <3

lisa.flynn.399
lisa.flynn.399

This is one of my absolute favorite vanillas. Soft, warm and with a hint if fruity sparkle to lift it up and add a touch of class. Vanillas can be unpredictable on me but this one that does not turn cloying or sickeningly sweet on my skin. Just powdery soft deliciousness.

On me this is a classy vanilla that smells ladylike and elegant rather than girly and young

Hilda01
Hilda01

I just looooove this fragrance, I'm thinking about using it in my wedding night :)

musingly
musingly

After some research on fragrantica... and a couple of test days.. I settled on The One as my new winter/holiday scent.

Dear hubby bought me the 1.6 oz perfume for Christmas, and it is settling in nicely. This is a big switch for me as i have been a Light Blue gal for quite some time. On me The One is a sexy, vanilla, warm and playful scent with good depth...and so far everyone has liked it on me. in addition, dear step-daughter got me a sampler that included: Viva La Juicy, See by Chloe, Flora by Gucci, Viva La Juicy, Marc Jacobs' DOT, and Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb.

The One comes out ahead of all of the samples, thankfully!. However DOT and Flowerbomb also won some points. DOT was a nice scent on my stepdaughter. None of us had very positive impressions of the other in the sample set.

Its a peaceful and fragrant holiday here today, and I am glad I found this site!

charlottesmom

This review is for the Rollerball....I reviewed the spray version of The One awhile back, I love it but have to go VERY lightly with it or I get a huge headache. I bought the rollerball yesterday at Ulta for $25.00. I always at least test the rollerball version of the perfumes I like because they tend to smell stronger or different due to the oils in the rollerballs, for example, I love Pink Sugar, the spray iis a nice rich not overly sweet vanilla and cream on me but the rollerball is even richer and warmer. The rollerball of The One is amazingly not as strong on me as the spray but lasts exactly as long as the spray does on me (12 plus hours!), the scent itself is pretty much an exact duplicate, which is nice. the sillage is the same as the spray too, close to the skin but you can catch whiffs throughout the day. All in all, I like the rollerball better as it is very easy to apply just a smidge and not go overboard into headache land. ;0)

jessica.rios
jessica.rios

This is perfection, in a bottle, im in love!!
Is elegant, sexy, classic, chic!smells divine, piece of heaven!! Here on earth! It last long on your skin! Whethever you go , it draws compliments! People notice this perfume!!there is something special about this perfume!!no wonder is called the one! Everytime I wear this I feel fre, sexy , unique, ladish!!

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

the best female scent! my mum use it and I'm always sniffing her :D

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

This is sublime and hard to describe. It's a beautifully blended floriental with smooth apricot and vanilla touches. I believe the apricot gives it its fruitiness without smelling juvenile or cheap.

Very lovely and sophisticated.

farah.dhaher
farah.dhaher

I bought it today, i like it very much at last i found the sense that i want
really like it it's worm

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Scarlett you are and will always be....The Bomb!

delikate
delikate

I've been looking for an elegant vanilla scent for quite some time. I use to wear Aquolina Pink Sugar in my junior high days, and I wanted something classier. This definitely fits that profile. Very warm and inviting, but has that pretentious air about it. I couldn't stop smelling myself after my visit to Macy's this Black Friday. The one thing that I will say is that this is a warm, sensuous vanilla, while Aquolina is sharp and biting.

I gave this fragrance another shot at Ulta (I always try to smell fragrances on two different occasions before I buy). I still liked it but when I asked one of my guy friends what he thought, he said I smelled like play dough.

Now I can't stop smelling play dough every time I wear this. Definitely won't be purchasing.

EDIT: I went back to Ulta to smell it again and yes, it still smells like Playdough.

sophieeliseb
sophieeliseb

I find this perfume quite boring, and often forget that I have it. It is modern, mature and sexy, but not one of my favourites.

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

this is so strong and vanilla smelling , i hate this perfume ,, gives me headache..

i have 45 ml bottle full , anyone keen , pls msg me :)

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

This fragrance is a gem! it is so bold but not in a bad and overly strong way. It begins with a very strong fruity and floral smell of mandarines and peach. Then, it calms down slightly with a warm vanilla, plum, and jasmine. VERY VERY NICE! Excellent longevity (10+ hours) and moderate sillage.... LOVE!

CozyCat
CozyCat

I actually love this fragrance as much as I love Hypnose (my signature), they both smell quite similar...sweet, creamy delicious vanilla tinged with soft white florals and juicy fruits, on a clean vetiver base. The difference is slight, Hypnose is abit crisper, 'cooler', more sparkling and linear...The One is warmer, more opulent, peachy and cozy...like the difference between white gold and yellow gold. But to the average nose, one could be very easily mistaken for the other, especially if you're smelling it off somebody. The reason why I chose Hypnose over this scent is 1) I found Hypnose first, 2) The One is much more popular than Hypnose in my area, so I prefer the less popular option. But I might still end up getting a small bottle of The One very soon.

PS. Johansson is the perfect face for this fragrance. This smells cuddly, yummy (but in a chic and sensual manner), and just straight-out loveable. Like a sweet-spoken, beautiful girl next door. Though she is stunning, Bundchen is far too sleek, sharp and striking for it.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

Mixed feelings about this one. I'm not a big fan of its top notes - they are too citrussy for me. But when I got to the middle notes of lily-of-the-valley and jasmine, I stared to seriously like it. And them amazing vanilla and musk at the bottom - loved it! Small bottle for me, please.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Oh no. From the raving reviews I was expecting something completely different. I don't know what but not this. This smells like a perfume I once got off a very nice gentleman in a stall of "non-branded" perfumes. You know the ones for a tenner in funny bottles that "smell like".
I was cold and waiting for my boss, he felt sorry for me and I really wanted to like it since it was gifted to me out of pure kindness.
But no. I ended up spraying it in my bathroom as a freshener and eventually gifted away more than half the 100ml bottle to a friend who thought it smelled ok enough.

Fast forward to yesterday when i tried this on and thought, no friggin way. Is this it? My bathroom spray? Eeeeeeek. For this kind of money? Bottle is lovely. The juice? No comment.

marush25
marush25

It is an OK smell. Sweet-floral. I would not buy it again even though I like sweet smells...just because it gives me headaches and you get bored of wearing it.

mkittygirl
mkittygirl

I first smelled this in a magazine add and felt the need to test it. I purchased a purse size and instantly fell in love with it.
The One smells like this: It starts out fairly citrusy on me (first 5 mins) but then quickly mellows into some warmish vanilla/honey with citrus (even though the notes do not say honey I smell honey). After about 30 mins I begin to smell this intense soapy scent that is just amazing and then instantly makes its way into a warm soapy jasmine scent with vanilla. The ending is the most beautiful warm amber musk that lingers at the pulse points with just a hint of the floral. I do not smell any fruit other than the citrus in the beginning. Its all warmth/vanilla/musk on me.
The One feels like this: mature and classy (not in a mature/grandma way) but smells like that beautiful 35-40 something woman that you see in a high-end department store, a professional, perfectly dressed in heels and an alluring suit buying whatever she wants; a present day Monroe; money is no object to her, but she is totally approachable and engages everyone around her; you only wish you could be her in another life. This scent just says class and beauty. Just a lovely scent.

Kaylan
Kaylan

I didn't expect to like this, but I really do! It's one of those scents that you want to smell over and over.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

The One is a bold floral musk. I really love the way it is dense and fresh at the same time. One bottle will last you a very long time, probably even after it is discontinued, because you actually only need one spray. And it stays with you all day. I like to wear it to work. It's my "power" perfume.

shalita87
shalita87

Bold, but not overpowering. The One leaves behind a floral, soapy scent. My male friend said he could smell it on his seat belt, and he had a nostalgic moment. He loves it:) I even have a backup!

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I remember a couple of years ago I was walking around the perfume department at Macy's and I was like, "what is the amazing smell!" I tried smelling some testers but I couldn't figure out which one it was and not even the lady at the counter could tell me what I was smelling. I wanted to know what it was it was driving me nuts! Luckily, my older sister came up and I told her about my dilemma and she happily replied with the name D&G The One. She owned it already! So I quickly got a sample. I couldn't afford it at the time so to my delight my sister purchased it for me as a Christmas present. I only use it on special occassions because I don't want to waste it, but it is delicious!!

daredevil

This and Leau The One are my favourite fragrances. Only i cant imagine wearing them before I become thirty they inspire me the image of a wellspoken and classy lady with kindness, charm and softness in her smile! Just like the girl in The Notebook when she was ready to get married.

SweetHeart90
SweetHeart90

Does anyone else think this perfume smells like skittles? Anyone?

Not that that puts me off, this scent is highly sentimental to me (everyone has a perfume that brings back memories!) and it is powerful without being overpowering - just enough lingers in the air to get you noticed.

The beauty of this perfume is it has a fruity tinge but it is not another fruit-bomb celebrity perfume, it's a lot more sophisticated than teeny bopper.

I would also recommend this scent for first timers starting their perfume collection!

clairele
clairele

I got a sample of this. The vial had leaked a bit and smelled really nice.
Though, when wearing it, I get two distinct scents : the sweet, fruity, soapy vanilla on the one hand, and the harsh, dirty musk on the other hand.
This is what most musky perfumes tend to do on me, sadly. Staying power and sillage were good, though, and I can see why some love it.

feeg

This was my signature perfume when I was 20 or so for some time. When I was almost done with the second bottle I bought Dior Addict,Gucci Eau de Parfum II and passed the bottle to my mom. Whenever I smell this scent I like it because a really good work was done here but it is just too sweet for my taste...now that I am 26. I still love the most those two mentioned above and I am really looking for something that would catch my nose like Gucci eau de parfum II does. If any ideas of new perfume to get post me a message.

bonbonka6
bonbonka6

Nice vanilla scent, but sickly sweet and cloying. It is overwhelming with amazing sillage and longeavity. First, I loved it, then I hated it and switched in for The one rose. Not a summer scent for sure.

RedPlum(p)
RedPlum(p)

The first time I wore this perfume is a great representation of the scent...it was on my wedding day. I remember getting ready, putting on my makeup, my dress, a pearl necklace and diamond bracelet. This is what The One smells like, love, warmth, elegance and beautiful jewelry <3

Julie Billi

Just sharing a tip for those who love it but find it quickly lasting! Combine it with the body lotion and make it a longevity & sillage bomb!

tanjicka155
tanjicka155

It is THE ONE fragrance for me since 2008…Once you try this one, it will overwhelm you, so sooner or later you will want another bottle :-) This perfume tells a story about a women who is powerful, feminine and unforgettable… Just ADORE it!!!

annemeimei
annemeimei

This one is not love at first sniff but then I kept going back to it and want to try and like it because of how people liked it... after a while..for the I don't know how many times I went back to the store to smell it.. I've really start liking it A LOT!!! Then I bought it, started wearing it and really loving it!!!!!!!! It smells romantic and beautiful! Soft and feminine... And I love how I'm smelling in it!

vanillary29
vanillary29

Powdery, classy, expensive smelling vanilla. Sweet but not too sweet and with just the right amount peach to give it a juicy touch. Reminds me of JPG Classique because they share the same sexy, spicy, grown up vanilla vibe.

katty182
katty182

I love it when my mum wears this. It smells sweet and elegant on her but is too musky when it is sprayed on me

Bethg93
Bethg93

This perfume smells very creamy on me, and is almost overpowering, when first sprayed, the sweetness of the perfume is almost sickly on me, but once it has dried down it sort of loses its sweetness and becomes a beautiful, elegant, female scent. I don't think that me and creamy scents get along well!

Most of all I feel in this fragrance vanilla, peach, lychee, lily and mandarin notes. The vanilla note makes this fragrance pleasantly yummy. But the lychee note makes it childish a little bit, like the peach note makes it just a little but masculine.

I like this fragrance, but it's too popular. I prefer individuality. But it's really alluring warm fragrance. My favorite by this brand.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I don't know about the EDT, but my boyfriend gave me the shower gel when he accidentally ordered the women's version on ebay. I tried it out yesterday and in the shower it smelled like roses and sour milk. I think the litchi is to blame.

SweetTxGal
SweetTxGal

Warm, grown-up vanilla with touches of peach and jasmine suspended in a creamy musk base. Great longevity, moderate sillage. Don't judge it by the first spritz; let it warm up to your skin, and you'll probably fall in love. Delish!

jeanclur
jeanclur

too musky for my tastes. wish i liked it like everyone else, but is too strong for my liking

Candy doll 23
Candy doll 23

i am going to buy this perfume since it got very good reviews ..i hope it ll smell good on me..

ponnaki
ponnaki

I had it and I didn't like it. The fragrance is not sweet, fruity or light. It's very heavy, musky and definitely for more mature women. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

at first it comes off a little too sharp for me, but 30 minutes later and it is great. i get all vanilla with a side of peach. the vanilla is a rich vanilla. a full bodied vanilla. i think i also get a bit of bergamont which seems to cut the sweetness a bit. i think it really is great for daytime. totally wearable to work.

my husband likes it, but it doesnt stand out to him.

Layzie
Layzie

As a man, I can say that this is an alluring fragrance. The One is both sophisticated and inviting. There is a warmth about it that makes me repeatedly return for another sniff. I think it works well for quotidian activities, such as family time, work, and shopping cause it's not obtrusive. It's sexy, sweet, and floral with a smooth vanilla flavour.

The male counterpart of The One didn't work for me when I first tested it, but this involute, pleasant scent is winsome, ladies.

Julie Billi

Lovely sweet vanilla dream with peachy notes!
Lasts long on my skin leaving me happy with its delicious gourmand aroma!
Smelling like a fruit vanilla baby cream!
Always wear it with body yummy lotion!

nellychick31
nellychick31

This is the epitome of a sexy, warm vanilla scent. I am in LOVE with Dolce & Gabbana's The One. I definitely smell the peach when I first spray this on, but it isn't overly sweet (probably due to the addition of bergamot). After that, it's creamy vanilla musk on me. This is such a warm scent and I adore wearing it!

marylu
marylu

I really like this. I would even say I am on the way to loving it! I got it earlier this year and tested it on a warm day and wasn't impressed at all. In fact, I considered putting it up for swap. I found it to be almost sickenly sweet. I tried it again on a cooler day and wow, what a difference!

On me, the vanilla is prominent but not overpowering. It's soft and feminine. It lasts for hours. I wore it last night while going out and this morning, I could still smell it. A truly lovely fragrance. I can see this quickly becoming one of my new favorites for fall. I highly recommend!

ImCreatedBeautifull
ImCreatedBeautifull

Lovely warm vanilla fragrance done right. This is definitely "The One" especially if you enjoy fragrances that have a vanilla note.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I liked the house of Dolce & Gabbana before The One came out, but after this, I became a FAN, with a capital F. I held off buying this for a long time because I thought it lacked something, but after testing it time and time again, I kept coming back to it, and I also bought The One Rose. The drydown is so feminine and elegant that I couldn't resist sniffing my wrists. It's sexy, elegant, and so well put together that I have a really hard time pulling apart any of the individual notes.

This has all the hallmarks of a signature scent, and this might have been it for me had I not discovered Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme, which I am completely in love with. It's a fragrance that has no trouble crossing all boundaries; it works in the evening as well as in the daytime, and it's beautiful in all seasons. I find that in each of the different seasons, one note of the composition shines. In winter, it's the warm base, while in the summer, it's the light top notes. It's so beautiful and I get a lot of compliments on it.

Yoga13
Yoga13

It smelled great with the plum/ peach notes with the hint of musk but it was bland. There wasn't last undertone that wrapped it all together.

Kara712
Kara712

I was so curious about this perfume, since almost all of you gave it such good reviews, I ordered a sample.
Well...I am impressed. It has a gorgeus smell! so very feminine! glamurous, elegant, delicate...so womanish!
I can't imagine a woman disliking this, it's enchanting!
Too bad it's a night perfume, I'd wear it during the day! :)) Oh well, I can purchase L'eau The One for daytime.
10/10 for me!
And Scarlett does such a lovely commercial for this perfume. She's a gorgeus woman.

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

very nice and chic perfume, the combination between Vanilla and floral notes are wonderful ,heavy but not overpowering,last all day very attraction.love it

selinacat
selinacat

This, is my perfect scent.

I add loves, and change signatures, but I never turn from The One. Considering the size of my collection in a state of perpetual growth, I know that this scent will forever remain in my favorites.

It is sexy, but not smutty, warm get cool, etc etc. For me, it is the perfect balance. The most striking notes are the bergamot and vanilla. I swear I can smell patchouli though...They are also my favorite notes. The One evokes the class of Chanel or Dior without the sense of un-attainability. By that, I mean the smell is something anyone can wear. It is ageless too, my younger sister in law, mother in law, and I all love it. It smells differently on all of us but gorgeous none the less.

What I love most, is the fact that it has that great quality. Fantastic silage, longevity, etc. The bottle is classy with a hefty weight. Yet, despite all the pretensions, the scent is surprisingly down to earth. I think its the mix that make me feel like a cuddly, classy temptress. (How weird of a combination is that?!) The price is high but not painfully so. It has a quality on par with Nina Ricci in both bottle and scent.

If you're a floriental lover, who loves the smokey warmth, PLEASE try this. Its one of the few scents I have which remains unaffected by day, night, winter, or summer.

I usually have at least SOMETHING negative to say in my reviews because I try to be as openly honest as possible. Yet, in this instance, I am left with nothing. Even the price is reasonable for the quality you get. This, is a standalone classic easy.

What is most unique is the versatile use. When I can't find anything else that compliments where I'm going or what I'm wearing, for some reason, The One always seems to pick up the slack.

To sum it up: I don't have any which are a stand alone favourite in my collection. All seem to have SOME weak point. Yet The One remains the only exception to all rules.

Ew..even I'm disgusted by how glowing my review is...Couldn't you just puke!? I swear I'm not a D&G promoter..really..>.<..

SandraV
SandraV

Does anyone have an extra sample of this?I'm not sure a bottle I was sent in a swap is the real deal after reading some of the reviews...:/

babycakesbec
babycakesbec

Luxurious, sexy and classy.

It reminded me of dior's hypnotic poison at first (which, by the way, I dont like) but the vanilla isn't as obnoxious. It's also more floral than hp and a lot softer.

I love this perfume. I'd wear it on a date or if i was trying to impress someone. Definitely a nighttime and/or winter scent.

AmyEmporiadou
AmyEmporiadou

Sweet, warm, vanilla. This is what comes to my mind when i think of d&g the one. Really good for the winter. It's is a bit sexy not one of the sexiest fragrances though. The sillage is moderate and smell just yummy!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I received this little number today and here is my impression. I love the bottle it's heavy, stout and attractive. I sprayed it and I really do enjoy the scent. I don't know if my nose is aging and losing it's senses but the lasting power seems average. Not terrible or short lived just not ultra strong or long lasting. It goes on nice and smooth and fades out to a lovely gentle fragrance. One thing for me that I have noticed from other Dolce fragrances it that it becomes powdery. Powdery scent's do not offend me but my chemistry can make a frag turn that way. Some had mentioned this has similarities to Guess Seductive and for me I don't notice any at all. This could make a great summer or fall scent. I own the EDP for record. I wonder if the EDT would have any staying power? Anyhow if you are able to get "The One" at a reasonable price I would certainly suggest trying it.

Update: Loving it even more now. I sprayed it in the morning and could still smell it on my arm in the evening. This has been upgraded to my favorites.

Synryo
Synryo

I'm with ferenique. I thought I liked this at first; enough to spray it on my wrist and take it home with me. Sadly it came out quite linear on me and after an hour or two it made me nauseous.
I will say this though... it has incredible lasting power! I scrubbed my wrist twice and I could still smell it!

Dionne1024
Dionne1024

I got this perfume back in 08 as a Christmas Gift. And I love it. It's my favorite winter perfume.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I was lucky enough to receive two samples of this as extras in swaps! This is a great scent. Vanilla is definitely the strongest note, followed by peach, amber, and lily. It's warm and sweet with just a hint of spice without being overpowering. The fragrance is fairly linear, with the exception that the peach slowly fades throughout the drydown. This would be a good fragrance for a date night-maybe not a super fancy date night, but a date nonetheless. Dab a little behind your ears and under your jawline and your honey won't be able to stay away! I'll have to purchase a full bottle of this soon.

ferenique
ferenique

i loved it at first but after a while it causes me headache. Not for me:(

nadeschka
nadeschka

TheOne has a quality that every good scent should have, it is memorable. If you are looking for a summer beach scent, do not forget to check this one. Others say it is more fall/winter but I disagree. It has a very sunny vibe and reminds me strongly of Nuxe Huile prodigieux, a dry bodyoil with cult status in France. The scent of the oil is very addictiv and I cannot imagine, that the nose behind The One was not aware of it.

harpist
harpist

I am rewriting my review as my first did not give this justice.
I received this as a gift when I did not have an appreciation for perfumes. With my recent endeavors, I have discovered The One again and have grown to love it.

This initial lychee note is one that I crave from D&G- it is just the right amount of sweetness complemented by the light citric addition and the warm peach. The plum seems to give the this fruity opening its maturity as the floral mix softly peers in- honestly I can't really seem to discern the heart clearly as the powdery fragranted base presents itself with a seductive powdery vanilla-amber beauty.

With that all said, this is a gorgeous and seductive modern fragrance for the evening. I seem to get two different strengths depending on the climate- in CA where it is primarily dry, I seem to get more of the base's powdery depth where as in humid IN I get more of the fruity top and heart notes. The silage is definitely moderate so I would be careful not to overspray. Typically it lasts around 6-8 hours on me, sometimes even longer. I remember that even after three hours of dance training it would still be going strong. I usually wear this in the winter but find myself enjoying it in the summer occasionally too.

D&G does not cloy with my chemistry and I think they did a wonderful job of the marketing. The bottle has a luxurious weight to it. The One indeed is the stunning seductive lady that is dressed with modern class, elegant poise, respectable manners, and careful prose. Both her youthful intelligence and cultured grace are alluring and to be revered. What I cannot depict accurately in words is splendidly modeled by Scarlett Johansson.

The flankers are also great, but all have the same classic base that I attribute to the original The One. I think this is a hit or miss fragrance but I love it completely. If this one has too heavier a vetiver note to you, try Lace the One which is essentially a fruitier vanilla from the original.

kadire
kadire

This fragrance is how i imagine elegance to be, very pretty, the vanilla is not too over powering but makes it a longer lasting fragrance also. 4/5

Liebchenn
Liebchenn

This really is an exquisite perfume. If I had to wear only one perfume for the rest of my life, it would be this one.

I saw the commercials for this when it first came out and I about flipped a lid when I saw the pricetag (it was my first expensive ish perfume)...but when I smelled it and wore it for the first time I knew it was worth it, I feel sooo feminine, elegant and rich when I wear it.

Anyways, this is a long lasting scent that I'd almost place in the same spot as classic Burberry because it has that peach/vanilla vibe that I love so much. It's been awhile since I last wore it since I usually use it during the fall and winter, but initially I get the peach/lychee with this and it dries down to this blissful powdery long lasting vanilla.

This is much longer lasting on me than Burberry, and while I really really like Burberry, I love The One.

red gloves
red gloves

Oh my, I didn't know what I was missing- till today! It smells yummy, it developes into something very sophisticated, elegant and warm...

I can't stop smelling my wrist and I cross my fingers, hoping, the magic won't fade away too quick!

kikiena01
kikiena01

Perfect for days when you want to feel sexy and feminine. I adore the combination of vanilla and peach, it smells so incredibly great on my skin I can't even describe how much I love this perfume.

I prefer wearing it in the fall season and on hot summer evenings.

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

amo..muito bom mesmo..eu tenho..

alexie4819
alexie4819

This perfume smells like a fall scent to me. It last 3-4 hours on me. I don't know if my nose is playing tricks on me but I feel like The one smells like ginger and powder. It is weird but I do like it. I bought the 2.5 oz bottle and when it runs out I don't think I will repurchase.

Hrisi
Hrisi

This perfume smells of luxury and class! I have tried so many perfumes and hardly will be able to number them once, but more sophisticated and magnificent fragrance I've never smelled before. The very best vanilla! This always will be on top shelf! For me, this fragrance is amazing and perfect just like Scarlett Johansson! This is The One!

Lakambini
Lakambini

Such a beautiful combination of peach, litchi and vanilla. Despite the promise of sticky sweetness, The One develops into a calm, vanilla-amber scent, managing to stay light, youthful and feminine, thanks to a touch of lily and perhaps muguet. Perfect for a coolish summer. Incidentally this smells quite similar to, or at least is in the same genre as, Lancome Hypnose. Craving a larger bottle!
PS: The review below (as "guest") is mine: the system logged me out after a period of inactivity.

Monalisa1810
Monalisa1810

I got a sample and I liked it a lot - it was warm, cosy. I bought it and in the bottle there was just something very different, more like frangrance for men, without the nice warm-sweet character. I could not bear it, I used half of the bottle and threw it away. I think it is dishonest. I feel cheated.

NicoleO
NicoleO

I tested this yesterday, and it's gone straight to my wanted list. The One is warm and creamy, the peaches and lychee are beautifully sweet. I like my vanilla in moderation, and this has the perfect amount for me. Wearing this brightened my day!

Lasted about 8 hours, sillage heavy at first. I would spray this lightly for the office. Great for cooler weather, day or night, I would find it too cloying during summer.

Edit: After trying The One on a few times, I've started to find it too sweet. I also find it too strong, it gets annoying after a couple of hours. I like it best when it's barely there.

harini_20
harini_20

Ordered this fragrance online!!!!! I jus can't wait to receive the bottle:)))) waitin to enjoy the fragrance!!!!!!!

timida88
timida88

Passion in the bottle. Every time i smell it, turns me on, i am serious! Lost the number of bottles i have used so far. Soft, delicate and sweet, but never over top. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Allure EDT or Hypnotic Poison, they share same vibe.

taylorlynn
taylorlynn

This is one of the only vanilla-esque scents that works with my skin. Even though its very vanilla, it's also very tropical to my nose. A very elegant yet modern and sophisticated scent.

mystica
mystica

A fruity spicy mixture of rose and violets with a strong touch of plum. That's how DG One smells to me. A fragrance with a strong presence. Just way too "modern" for my taste.

SUZIBUZI1
SUZIBUZI1

The One has notes consisting of mandarin, peach, bergamot, lychee, jasmine, muguet, madonna lily, vanilla, amber, musk, vetiver, and plum.

The composition of this fragrance is very beautiful. All those fruits and flowers! Unfortunately it lacks personality and the sensuality it suggests. It lacks substance, depth and has no sillage. It is a pretty fragrance but with no sophistication and it doesn’t last. No second chance!

love45
love45

This perfume is a classic IMO! It is just so sexy and I can actually see myself wearing this perfume for a really longtime! I have a sweet tooth for vanilla and this makes me love this perfume even more!

DivotDiva

I attempted another wearing of The One. It simply does not last on me and has very low sill age (for me). The fragrance itself is soft and lovely, I really wish it were stronger as I can barely detect it after the first hour.

DivotDiva

Received a sample at Macy's and have tried it a couple of times now. I get vanilla when first applied, then it fades off and is a warm fragrance that I could see being worn to the office or meetings without offending anyone. It seems to be lacking a deep note, it needs more depth somehow, I just notice a middle of the road scent as it wears. Nice and light

Edit: tried once more because I found myself drawn to the warmth of this fragrance. Sadly even after dousing myself I can't smell anything except a hint of vanilla a couple of hours later. Too bad they don't make The Intense One. I will save my money for another perfume.

ecerusen
ecerusen

it has the same aim with the one gentlemen, its sweet, seductive but thats all. nice perfume but not unique.

putri
putri

all the wonderful reviews here and some people told me that it's their fave perfume made me really curious to try this.
when i had a chance to take a whiff my initial response was "whoa this smells expensive" but it's too light, almost indetectible on my nose, at least.
i waited for it to develop but then it just dissipates quickly. i was hoping for something stronger and have better lasting power.but to me it was forgettable.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I second AriesBoy's review.

I don't hate this - in fact it's very pretty. However, I don't understand the buzz around it. It's too safe for me and the word 'bland' probably would be a word I'd use to describe it. It's definitely lacking something, but like AriesBoy, I'm not sure what??

I will add that I may be a *little* but bias here. I have honestly never found a D&G fragrance that I'm crazy about...and I do keep looking because I love D&G when it comes to fashion, shoes, handbags etc...but I'm always disappointed.

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

This is bland in my opinion.

it is lacking something that I can't quite put my finger on.

freddinos
freddinos

I have a love-hate relationship with The One. I blame peach, as peach notes and my skin chemistry are a no-go (see Tresor etc etc). That being said, there are days that I wake up and cannot wait to spray myself with it and let its warm and balmy aroma envelope me like a mellow cloud. The first time I smelled it back in 2007 I thought: 'unremarkable'. Over the years it has quite grown on me and I appreciate it for what it is, I even own a full bottle! I would say that if it agrees with your body chemistry it's a 'safe' oriental vanilla, appropriate for day/office wear. As far as I'm concerned, it's definitely not 'the one and only' for me, but definitely 'a nice one' :) Just not for all the days of the year!

greek_goddes

It used to be my signature scent for about two years in a row. I am not sure if my chemistry changed or if its formula changed, but it doesn't smell the same on my skin anymore, which is disappointing because I used to love it. :(

Lazaro
Lazaro

What a amazing combinations of vanilla ,fruits and white flowers.the perfect rainbow of tastiness.One of the most crazy beginnings in fragrances....vanilla...vanilla...fruits....and more lovely vanilla...I'm a men who wear women fragrances and already i'm receiving a lot of compliments from women's and mens based in this delicious coctel...

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

I got a sample of this from Sephora that I have been babysitting the last couple weeks. I love it! It smells so good on me. Personally, I dont smell a lot of vanilla in this one but it does have a pleasant sweet smell that is not overpowering. Although I did make a promise to stop buying mainstream/celeb fragrances, I am definately getting this one.

stacia79
stacia79

I thought this smelled like suntan lotion. My son thought it smelled like graham crackers. We are both correct. It is very light and lies close to the skin. Someone would have to hug you before they even smelled it....maybe that's just how my skin reacts to it. It does conjur up visions of dessert, like a creme brulee paired with a cup of peach tea. I don't know how to explain this better, but it smells both dusty and oily at the same time. It reminds me of the apricot baby oil from Burt's Bees. This reminds me of the earliest days of fall..it feels like you spent the day sunbathing and then remembered you had a job interview, so you just pop a tweed suit on right over your bikini. It's a bit disconcerting, but I do admire it.

Save M
Save M

I bougth it as soon as i smelled the top notes which are fruity and girlish but unfortunatelly the drydown is so different... i'm sorry to those who love it but it's just good and awful at the same time on my skin!!
I was thinking it is a classic d&G, as the others are all sexy, very feminine, sweet and so sensual..this one instead is like peach and dust only!!! i can't smell vanilla at all. Very DISAPPOINTED!

LaPetite
LaPetite

In a few words : My boss is wearing it . And as i'm having serious issues with her right now , I hate this perfume .
However I'm sure I would have liked it if it was not because of my boss.
Liking or not a perfume is not only a matter of notes, it's also about what or who they remind you of .

dezaval
dezaval

The first year it was released, while being in an elevator, a friend of mine came in. She was wearing a tropical, vanilla-based fragrance. Very distinctive and sharp. I could swear she wore Hypnose from Lancome. I knew it, because I used to wear it myself and really like it. When I asked her, she said she was wearing the One. I had the same - again and again - experience with this fragrance with other people as well. I keep confusing them with each other! This is not a bad thing! As I said, I like the first-released Hypnose and second-released One as well. To me, they are almost identical! They both belong to the category of "summer - chic, luxurius and sensual" fragrances. It wouldn't make a big difference if one wore this or that.

aiobhan
aiobhan

This starts out fruity and sweet, but warms down to a nice vanilla/amber on me, with hints of lily and peachy/plum. I love it for warmer weather and daytime/work wear.

For reference, my skin tends to love amber, vanilla, iris and sandalwood, and it hates leather, smoke, and rose (which always become overpowering).

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

I smelled "The One" on a co worker and HAD to have a bottle. I loved it. Then I bought the bottle and started wearing it. Something about it real gave me a headache and even though I think it smells amazing, its just kind of too much. I gave my bottle to my friend.

RozaMoisevna
RozaMoisevna

One of the biggest disappointments ever...Smells stuffy, like a room that hasn't been ventilated for ages...

A delicious warm, fruity vanilla. It has an opulent touch, giving this gourmand vanilla elegance.
The One is soft, sweet, cozy, very feminine and sensuous. It smells so good on everyone I've smelled it on. Amber, vanilla, peaches, pear (that's what I smell even though it's not in the notes), a light vetiver and a gentle floral touch to give the scent some balance and not end up sticky and typical. It is a step up from celeb gourmands, a much more refined, classier take. I would have gladly purchased this scent for myself if it weren't so popular, I know too many girls and women who are in love with this, and I totally see where the love is coming from.

I think Scarlett Johansson is the perfect face for this fragrance, certainly more appropriate than Bundchen (she is imo too sassy, sharp and glamorous). Johansson is not what I would consider a dazzling or 'show-stopping' sort of Hollywood beauty, rather she is the beautiful 'girl-next-door'...soft, fair, voluptuous and luminous in a more traditional feminine sense. Which is more in sync with the feel of this fragrance.

Since The One is so popular, I'm getting Lalique Le Parfum instead, another yummy classy vanilla which is less popular, but equally well-composed and starring 'vanilla' as its leading note.

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

good. spicy vanilla mellowed down with watery fruit. delicious, makes me feel good and sweet wearing it. a softer version of hypnose-lancome.

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

>>ELEGANTE & SEXY<<
Caray muero!! NO es para jovencitas, sino mas bien para mujeres elegantes pero calientes, calladas pero sucias por dentro!! Car*jo muero!! *_*

pipergirl
pipergirl

I recently lucked into the rollerball of this fragrance and I LOVE it! It's a beautiful, exotic, spicy vanilla on me. On my skin, the spray is a bit "too much" somehow but this rollerball version is just right. Very pretty.

ijuliana
ijuliana

Nice cute smell, soft but nice. I have only tried a tester haven't brought it because I still have too many perfumes to get! On my list though.

nickii
nickii

It is the first time I try this perfume and I really love it. It makes me feel sensual and confident. If you are a more mature woman, specially 30-40 years old, I would TOTALLY recommend it for you to wear it on a daily basis. If you are younger, only for special occasions.
Black lace, stilettos, a bold piece of jewellery, a few drops of The One and your confidence will boost beyond limits.

kvext
kvext

This is a nice powdery vanilla scent. It's sweet but in a classy way.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

I thought I would love this one but I find the litchi and powdery floral combo seems to tickle my throat and nose. As it settles the vanilla begins to emerge while the litchi fades away. Nice unique scent with moderate sillage and longevity on my dry skin, but not something I will run out and buy.
*added* after couple hours it smells like sweet potting soil on my skin...nope for sure not for me.
*added 5 hours later* Annoying scent I am not one to want to scrub off perfumes but this one just makes me want to escape the dry down and unfortunately it lingers after 3 hand washings!!!

Linzyb
Linzyb

Last review was mine, got logged out when I posted it!

I tried this for the first time today! I don't know why but I've never had any interest in smelling this before ( I really don't know why) but my girlfriend had this bottle in her car so I gave it a go. This is NOT at all what I expected! The bottle looks classy to me and my friend is a classy gal. I actually thought it would be some strong, white floral, to be honest. Best way I can describe this, to me this is a lady in the street but a freak in the bed! It's beautiful! Sweet, sultry, sexy but definitely classy, smells like a fancy black tie dinner then some hot sweaty sex! Please forgive my language! I loved this! Smelled just sweet enough, not too sweet and the vanilla, well, it's a GOOD vanilla! Nothing screechy or harsh in this! Not too gourmand, not too fruity floral and definitely a beautiful, smooth blend of top notch ingredients. This does smell expensive to me! I probably won't buy this unless I can get it in a small bottle. I think I would only wear this for special occasions or dates but not everyday for me. I really can't see someone not getting complimented when wearing this! I can't believe how much I love this! If this is your everyday fragrance then good for you! Wish we could hang out! Love it! It has the perfect amount of everything lovely! One spray on my arm over 8 hrs ago and it's still going strong. This is truly an amazing beauty.

Rene5
Rene5

Tried this for the first time yesterday. Did not like what it did with my body chemistry. I do not like the "dirty" smelling musk notes nor the powdery thing that happened immediately. It does have longevity, unfortunately for me--it lasted from yesterday until this morning from only one spray.

irinalmazova
irinalmazova

very very nice, pleasant and cozy. Wouldn't call it "provocative" or "sexy", but definitely sensual and "embracing"

ruthwnjau
ruthwnjau

getting my first bottle today, tested it on paper strips and stil smell the scent todate. hope to love it more

slobberchops
slobberchops

Not a review but to let you lovely people Tesco UK have this for under forty pounds a bottle on offer x

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is really light on me. I couldn't smell it on myself at all, but then I got in an elevator at work this morning and a man next to me immediately complimented me on it :) He said it smelled like "expensive stuff". it is a beautiful fruity/vanilla fragrance and even though it went on light it lasted all day!

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This is a Fruity Vanilla Smoke. The hint of smokiness sets it apart or else it would smell very common. This is Def NOT the best D&G scent out there but its not a bad one. Its a little powdery and so I say it can be worn during the day. I dont think it delivers enough drama for a special night out. It would make a romantic scent, great for bedroom contact because its sexy but low impact so someone would have to be bedroom close to really appreciate the dimensions of this perfume. I think this scent would make a man melt in the bedroom. Its def not something i would wear to vegas at night lol.

milenamp
milenamp

On first smell it is to sweet and smoky to me; also, it 's fuggy and heavy. I like powdery note, but it later comes to the fore.
But this fragrance is really good after few hours. Start to be sexy powdery, warm, peachy with nice touch of latent vanilla. Also, there is smell of punch.
It is like dinner for two on winter night before hollidays.
It is great to wear on -20 degree ! :) Really!
If this perfume resembles on some country, it would be Germany on December, when they have Christkindlmarkt :)
But it is to expensive. The bottle is fine, classic.

lali29bee
lali29bee

I'm so glad I received this as a gift! I love it but its flippin expensive! this perfume I think is actually too mature for me. I have always considered myself to be mature for my age, but as far as what age group comes to mind with this I'm talking mid 30s+ which is not me (19). I love that I have it but I'm quite careful of when I wear it and how much. it's almost always worn at night with a cool temperature. if worn on a hot day or overly sprayed it turns into a disaster! at least for me. it's not spicy but sexy as hell!

iremz
iremz

When i used i heard just white floral notes,actually pink rose.

tterekhova
tterekhova

Disappointed. The perfume is expensive and lacks depth and mystery of Scarlett Johansson in the commercial. And definitely altogether disconnected with other fast pace charged commercial of the cat walk diva.

IT's fruity and very light. I spray it all the time to enjoy its subtle aroma. Maybe will be a good choice for hot and humid Toronto summers.

Sassy1
Sassy1

A toned-down version of L'Instant. The top's a little different but after 10 minutes they are twins.

The bottles are almost identical as well.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

This perfume scent is ok. It gets you at first until it starts to fume off an areasol-like bathroom air freshner scent. I love the golden hued bottle. The bottle design looks alike with my Especially Escada Perfume Bottle.

ForrealMe2

I love this scent it's amazing,sparkling citrus fresh scent that eventually evolves to a caramel vanilla over time..very strong gourmand and a classic at that!

Salesstar53
Salesstar53

I bought my first bottle of The One in 2007 and had several in succession as I loved the fragrance and its longevity on my skin. I recently purchased another one after a gap of about three years and am so disappointed to find that it no longer seems to have the staying power and actually took it back to the store where it came from. I spoke to a lady there who was a representative of the manufacturer and upon sampling mine she agreed there was something wrong with it (it seemed to last minutes on the skin) and gave me another bottle to try. I think this one is slightly better but still not as lasting as before. Has anyone else found the same?

ray_archangel
ray_archangel

I can see why other people like it, but it doesn't mix with my body chemistry. I don't get any fruit from it. On me it is a heavy (almost dirty?) musk and some vanilla. Definitely not for me :(

angeldoll
angeldoll

My signature scent... This is my favorite perfume ever ! It smells delicious. It is a romantic fragrance but also sexy. Suitable for day and for night too. My boyfriend loves it :) Vanilla-fruity smell, exciting and luxurious. Drydown its sweet,powdery but still sultry. Long lasting ! And the bottle ? Bottle is pompous :)

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I'm really glad i tested it before buying tempted by very low price. Where is vanilla in here? From the listed notes i was almost sure it will be something i could like but i don't. It has this strange note which i call drugstore perfume smell but my older sister calls it elegance. Ok maybe i am not elegant enough to like it :) All D&G smells have something that is not really in my liking range. So also this time i stay far away. For those who like it - i am happy for you but i'm gonna continue searching for my perfect vanilla smell.

roseessence
roseessence

Although I love the vanilla warmth of this scent it fades away all too soon leaving me bereft.

Ealing64
Ealing64

This is the quintessential Italian perfume.
Alluring, womanly...Elegant. It is already a modern classic. What a stunner...

passito
passito

It has so sexy and luxury notes also it's long lasting but not suitable for youngs maybe usable for thirties. Unfortunately you can smell it on most people so it can't be a signature perfume imho.

thalassamou
thalassamou

It's warm, cozy, sexy but not in a cheap way. Perfect dosage of vanilla creates the cozy effect wlthout being overwhelming.

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

I really like this perfume, its so soft on my skin it makes me feel sexy, but the only downside is it doesn't last long!! :( gutting I have tried layering with the lotion I got but it still doesn't last maybe 2 hours on me. This would be my signature scent if it lasted.

Clyn11
Clyn11

This is the type of Vanilla that I enjoy. Soft ... not the cakes and cookies type of vanilla. Must be the decent dose of amber to balance the scent and a nice fresh peachy start. Easy enough to wear on most occasions....casual or dress-up dinners and such. As with most vanilla scents, I do not recommend heavy application. This is more of an evening scent for me...unless it's winter.

londonhermit
londonhermit

Just a comment on another popular cosmetic and skin care website that has a beauty insider program. One note that is listed is muguet. I noticed it was not on here because I definitely smell a foodie note other than vanilla.

smkonink
smkonink

I work in health care and would never wear this in dealing with patients as I could see how would irritate some. That being said I love this on my skin, but more of date night perfume. On my skin the most prominent is amber but it stays close, which I prefer minimum sillage anyway. It does last long for me. I have not ever smelled the peach in this either but do get a gourmand somewhat like walking into a fine pastry shop.

nakatan
nakatan

I have totally the very same symptoms like Johanna...instant throw up feeling. I had to give it to my Mom, but I did not like it on Her either :S

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

Every time I smell this it gives me an instant headache and an impulse to throw up. Luckily I don't let that instinct lead me. It smells way too sweet, and it smells too much musk, too much vanilla and amber. It's not at all fruity or floral in my nose, to me it's just like some kind of burning sweet inferno that goes right up to my brain. In a bad way.

noor85
noor85

I don`t understand why all these dislikes and negative reviews ! this is so sexy ,warm and elegent perfume ,I`d call it a masterpiece .

johnsmommy
johnsmommy

I have a sample, unfortunately it smells like rotten peaches on me.

This is a rich scent, rich amberish vanilla, golden, intense, it smells luxurious,like the type of perfume a rich girl would wear, a spoiled brat, a famous actress, and also a warm personality. Overly feminine, I think it is a great quality scent, it speaks of feminity and sex appeal, it is very modern, very urban. But I know a few older modern ladies who love its warmth. I prefer L' Eau The One , same base but a certain freshness in the opening.
Let' s face it there are no other perfumes quite like it.
I am a big fan of D&G, they just create beautiful unique scents.
Very distinctive.

CORCOR
CORCOR

I had this and didn't like it all all - smells cheap I smell no vanilla just a headache in a bottle-I never like D&G fragrances.

SYNTHETIC type smell

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Sweet and powdery. You can really smells the vanilla in the base notes. I don't smell the flowers too strongly which is good. I wear it for both day and night. It lasts for hours. the bottle is lovely

curvealert
curvealert

Autumn fruit salad with vanilla sauce.

Sadly I don't get the woody or floral notes in this one, which would have made it more interesting (cf Burberry Woman or J'Adore). But it's hard to dislike and I think it is a good choice for a young woman looking for a more serious scent with decent longevity that can be worn in the evening. It's not complex, but so what? There's nothing wrong with nice!

tinaelisa

Aaah I loved this one to death. It was just so perfect. Feminine, light, but still bold, the perfect balance between fruity and powdery. Very long lasting.
But now something strange happened..
I bought a big bottle of it (at the perfume counter) summer of 2011. And now since a half year the scent is not the same anymore. When I spray it, the first 2 minutes it smells like it always did, but then it settles in to a smell that it never had before. The smell is sharper, not the same creamy smell anymore.. I'm so sad! It couldn't already gone bad, could it? It's just 1,5 years old (started smelling different after 1 year). I always keep my fragrances stored dark in my closet.
Does anybody on here had the same experience with The One? Would be very interested in that.

tsunnami
tsunnami

I don't like this at ALL - my nose gets stuck on the vanilla. It smells like a mixture of scents in someone's house that 1) loves vanilla and 2) has a different scent in each room. It's like standing in the hallway when all of those scents come together.

I really really wanted to like this perfume, but no mas. Hopefully it works on one of my girlfriends and they'll take it off my hands.

Lanlisa
Lanlisa

I loved this one immediately. Dries down to a soft floral with a hint of marshmallow to me. Must be the vanilla and musk. Excellent day or evening choice. Gorgeousness!

liiva
liiva

Good for every day using. Nothing incredible, but good.

dimplesg

Thers not many perfumes that I can say I dislike but I really dislike this one. I've tried my best to like it as I have it in a beautiful gold atomiser but it ends up smelling like fly spray on my skin.

lspreack
lspreack

I wore my sample of The One today. So The One will enrobe you in a vanilla cloak. Now the initial spray was sweet and cloying to me. It bordered on headache inducing to me. I wore the one to work and didnt find that it had much sillage but thats my sponge perfume absorbing skin. The boyfriend test didnt recieve much results, but an "it's OK." This might not have been fair to The One because she has the one note that I imagine most men (and some women) would love, vanilla, but my BF believes in Wal-green knock offs and you should only have one perfume. The One was probably too sophisticated for him. When I asked others if it was too strong then to smell my wrist they simply said its nice. The one dries down to simply vanilla on me, and I almost think of baking with flowers. I'm having a hard time describing my new relationship with The One. She smells mature/sophisticated. I dont see the celebrity clones wearing her. Um, she's not as feminine as I like in a perfume. The one borders on androgynous to my nose. I could imagine a bold man wearing her. She is still a lady but would be the lady wearing a suit with short slicked hair and high heels. Would I continue this relationship with The One? I'm not sure if I got her as a gift I would wear, but I dont see myself seeking her androgynous vanilla. All in all a grown up fragrance with sophistication, but doesnt sing on my skin.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

This is a very pretty perfume, and I particularly love the top and middle notes. It opens with a strong, refreshing scent of citrus. The peach, litchi, and bergamot are what I detect the most and I absolutely love it. After an hour, the litchi still remains, but soft florals of jasmine and lily begin to poke through. It quickly evolves into a perfect balance of fruits and floral.

Because of the strong fruity floral scent, I started wondering why so many people said this was best worn in the fall/winter. I really thought that this was “the one” and that I could wear this daily as my signature scent, especially when the vanilla poked through the jasmine and lily after 2 hours of wear. I absolutely love vanilla, so I was very glad to detect its presence. It still smelled pretty light and soft, so I couldn’t understand why people were calling this “warm.”

But then three hours after wearing this, the incredibly warm vanilla and amber broke all trace of the citrus and floral, and I finally understood why this would not be best for summer. I know I would feel suffocated by the strong vanilla if I wore this in the summer heat. The transformation of this perfume on my skin is very dramatic—it started off like summer citrus and floral, and then became winter vanilla and amber.

By the fourth hour, the amber was completely vanished and all I smelled was vanilla. Being such a vanilla fanatic, I was surprised that I was very put off by the vanilla. But it was extremely sweet to the point of nausea. Without the warmth of amber, the vanilla just smelled sticky. Whenever I would catch a whiff of this, I would almost gag because the vanilla was so strong and sticky sweet. I found myself purposely keeping my arms away from myself just so that I couldn’t smell the sugary, syrupy vanilla.

This has great longevity and sillage. It lasted well over 7 hours and could be detected by others without being obnoxious. If the vanilla weren’t so strong on me, I would absolutely wear this. I don’t consider this a mature scent, but it’s classy enough to make me feel confident and poised. It’s also not overly glamorous and luxurious enough to be worn only for special occasions. It's best for fall/winter since it gets syrupy and warm. Also, I like how elegant and simple the bottle is. Although it’s not “The One” for me, it’s worth trying if you like sweet scents. 4/5

TessMc
TessMc

I like it, I really like it. The first few minutes, the peach is right there in your face, it's almost too much.. but when it dries down, the vanilla is exquisite.. it's not synthetic at all, it's this delicious and perfect scent. The silage power is rather soft to moderate and the longevity is pretty good. But it is not a head turner fragrance... it doesn't scream "I am here and you're gonna remember me". Thumbs up for this one.

xhili
xhili

I just tried it today, and i loved it !

erely
erely

very sweet fragrance! it makes me think of japan everytime i smell it, japan and gold, very luxurious too.

Britt005
Britt005

it's a feminine woody but still fresh fragrance. it just has that feeling of luxury about it. it's really sensual and seductive definitely good for parties or nights out but also for work days.

fiona1962
fiona1962

Looking for a really nice fruity perfume without the vanilla notes.

psloves
psloves

I can understand why some people say you either love it or hate it. Yes it has a synthetic smell, but nothing else smells quite like it.. so for me this is 'The One'.

Holli
Holli

Well made and inoffensive, but not very interesting coming from the same house that put out red cap, by etc. Smells like cake batter from a box.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Un peu ennuyeux quand même ce parfum !
Rien d'intéressant.
Le regretté "Sicily" est tellement plus fascinant que ce "THE ONE".
C'est vrai que quand on connaît Sicily et que l'on passe à ce clone de milliers d'autres parfums, on reste sur sa faim.
Dommage.

oraib
oraib

it was a gift that I never really liked, so heavy, and overwhelming

arinmon
arinmon

I didn't really like this :o it smelled very strong and womanly. I recieved compliments, but since I did not like it I gave the entire bottle away. It was a hand me down anyways. I could have sworn I smelled a tiny tiny hint of bannana. Maybe I'm crazy.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I've complimented at least 2 strangers on their fragrance only to find out they were wearing DG The One. It DOES NOT smell anything like that on me!! :-(

Dayna78
Dayna78

I love this but the sillage and longevity is lacking.

dinhhamy
dinhhamy

I really like this scent, but it doesn't match with my skin :( so sad :(

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

I finally got to test this one. It is a beautiful perfume, sweet and tender, not the average sweet scent, not at all chemical as that happens a lot with these type of perfumes. As mentioned below, it is somehow velvety. Very feminine, elegant sweetness. A must-try-once at least, if not a must-have. The only thing that put me off was that it didn't seem to last long neither on my skin nor on the tester paper. Maybe it was the weather conditions, I'll have to check again. Overall, I love it.

nfatinafifa
nfatinafifa

My best friend uses this perfume and I even tried this once for a night date. The sweet vanilla note is luxuriously subtle. Glad that it never gave me any headache or turned out pungent after 6 hours usage.

I'm gonna buy one later :)

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

I had D&G The One as staple winter perfume for few years, it's gorgeous in frosty day: subtile and soft jam of peaches and plums, vanilla creme on top. Im glad it isn't too fruity or too sweet, rather musky. I found similarities with Flora by Gucci and Allure EDT by Chanel. Definatelly I will buy it again as the freezing weather will come :)

suhaesa
suhaesa

its a beautiful scent made for mass production ..not unique.. but a subtle perfume.. a modern floral mildly oriental not over whelming..
its a wanna be sophisticated scent made for mid age independent women with a character..
its got vanilla with some wood sandalwood base and some florals white florals..its over rated imo..te advertisements and the whole buzz around it is whats making it more appealing to the public for the juce is not that special its a perfume that you can smell everywhere its not that unique or special its blant and a bit heavy in a light way ! if you know what i mean ..its missing multidimensional aspects..its not the type of perfume that you would say waw as soon as you open it is not shocking..its bland.. u have to hunt for the notes ,the accords are simple yet intricate..

perfume ratting 3.8 out of 5
bottle ratting 4.3 out of 5

gretavivante
gretavivante

beautiful fragrance, but not lasting at all - and I'm not even talking hours here...

annettepe
annettepe

i really really like this and am definitely thinking of buying this perfume. i would say its definitely a sweet fruity vanilla thats very sophisticated and feminine. its quiet a playful and alluring fragrance and i think its suitable for all ages.

i really adore litchi and this one opens with a sweet litchi thats quiet significant throughout the fragrance. also the peach is noticeable in the opening. theres faint notes of white florals and theres strong vanilla present throughout. i dont find this powdery at all, which is good because i dont necessarily like powdery scents.

the staying power so so. 2hours max and then all im left with is a sweet vanilla that lingers closely on my skin.

EDIT: the staying power is so much better during winter time! i could still get whiffs of this scent 6 hours after i sprayed it. the sillage is also a lot better. i think in hot and humid weather this scent just spreads and fades. Also the vanilla is much richer and sweeter.

SuadKhamis

I really don't get it what so good about this perfume, is it D&G or the actress? Put it in another bottle without the brand and actress and smell it again, would you buy it? The smell is horrible and disturbing to me!

MJ1209
MJ1209

This is my current signature fragrance, altough I am in search of one that is similar with more staying power. I love the warm vanilla spice. It has a fruity note that isn't strong but is nice. The body lotion is a disappointment and barely compliments the perfume.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Another blind buy off of ebay!

When I first sprated this perfume, I had to stop and think for a few minutes about where I had smelled it before. I knew I hadn't ever tried it. Suddenly, it hit me - Dolce & Gabbana The One smells a LOT like VS Angel Gold! I LOVE Angel Gold, and I immediately liked The One, too.

The two are not exactly the same. Angel Gold has a much brighter, citrusy introduction, while The One starts off a bit more subdued. I know that many people said that there was a "bubblegum" smell to the top notes in The One, but I have to say I didn't get that at all. Nor can I discern any peach, while many others were able to. I am not disappointed, though, because I think that the introduction is well blended, smooth, even elegant. While the perfume still has a ways to go before it is dried down (I only applied it about a half hour ago), I can already smell the powdery vanilla. It took a little longer for the "vanilla woods" to come through with Angel Gold. In the middle, both share jasmine notes. This is a point of departure for the two fragrances, I believe, as with Gold I begin to smell more gardenia than any other of the floral mid notes, and I don't think I have reached the heart of The One quite yet - I am just beginning to sense some of the "balmy" florals and jasmine is the most prominent so far. I look forward to seeing how the scent progresses from here!

My one major qualm with Angel Gold is the lasting power - a few hours and I am left with only a ghost of a memory of the beautiful fragrance I had applied. I am hoping and praying that The One lasts where Angel Gold did not.

So far, I really like The One quite a lot. It is very pretty and soft, and while it seems that most don't think this fragrance is anything to write home about, I can definitely see myself using this on a regular basis, and while it is somewhat of a dissapointment that I have 2 fragrances that smell so much alike, at least I like both of them! And being that Angel Gold is quite a bit cheaper than The One, I may be able to use the two in tandem.

I will update my review after I have had some time to see where The One takes me! :)

update:
The longevity with this one is very disappointing... The fragrance dries down to a beautiful, warm, slightly spicy vanilla, and I love it. Even with the warmth there is still something clean in the fragrance. Unfortunately, after about 3 hours there is hardly ANY scent left on my skin... my nose has to be touching my wrist to be able to detect anything. I will still wear this because I really REALLY like it, and it smells so good on my skin, I just wish I could say it lasted longer!!!

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Love it but has terrible staying power. Smells slightly sweet but orientalish as well. Kind of common but good nonetheless.

olitunia
olitunia

I have expected this scent to be more fresh and/or fruity but I'm not disappointed. I love the bottle(reminds me a lot of Gucci ones but it is WAY better quality), the small one (30 ml) has lasted me quite a while. I have sprayed just a little bit and I never had to take the bottle with me, cause the scent lasts a really long time. It is very ladylike, for me just the perfect perfume for summer - appropriate for work, but has a heavier side to it so it is a good choice for a night out. LOve it and would definetely repurchase!

Anywho
Anywho

The One is quite a cozy and comfy fragrance with a playful touch. When I tested it the first time, I was absolutely delighted that it smelled reminiscent of Tocade by Rochas which I really like but can be too much for me at times. The One has, to my nose, the same metallic rose note I have come to like very much in Tocade (which I quite disliked to begin with). The vanilla in both perfumes is very similar to my nose, not cloyingly sweet and sugary but a rather soft and velvety sweetness. The fruit notes in The One play more a softer tune. For me, The One is an excellent alternative to Tocade, a vanilla/rose scent I can wear anytime and anywhere, happily going along all year round. One reviewer mentioned that The One is a rather linear scent, to which I wholeheartedly agree, and that makes it so friendly and comforting. There are days when you need that reassurance that the friend you greeted in the morning is still the same in the evening.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

A sophisticated sweet vanilla floral of moderate intensity, which I like more and more as it wears down. This fragrance will be my middle-aged-professional-ladies-at-lunch selection.

hollyms
hollyms

A very interesting feminine scent, unlike all the rest and certainly not unpleasant. I am reminded of JS's Fancy Love, as a more mature version. I don't think I'd purchase for myself, but it's not bad at all.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I'm on the fence about this one. I tried it for the first time the other day and couldn't decide if I like it or not. It smells like vanilla and lily of the valley (yellow). It smells ok for part of the day, I kept sniffing my arm and suddently it dawn on me that it has a sharp ammonia smell like cat piss. I thought I liked it in the begining but I will give it another try later.

katierichardson
katierichardson

This fragrance smells lovely on my skin, I can definitely pick up the vanilla and fruity notes, yet it remains a sophisticated perfume for day or night. I was thinking about asking for this as a christmas gift because I adore vanilla scents and the bottle is gorgeous. But then I realised how little time The One lasts on my skin! About 10 minutes after I had tried it, I could no longer smell it at all! I have eau de toilettes that last hours longer than this eau de parfum. Definitely try before you buy.

mondaniaux
mondaniaux

On my skin this smells fruiy-floral-aquatic ! Almost like the drydown of Perry Ellis 360° which I love. I can't smell any vanilla at all. Very subtle, sweet and fresh. I want to buy it but still having second thoughts... my 360° is still half full and I have the 200ml bottle. I'll do another skin test and see if I'll like it enough to buy it.

jjjjjjbm
jjjjjjbm

It smells more powdery and amber to me an vanilla. It is a more sophisticated gourmand to me if it is even considered a gourmand along with the cloud of sweet perfumes like Fancy and Pink Sugar. I feel like this is a great nighttime perfume or one to wear under a cozy chunky sweater. I cant imagine this wouldn't turn cloying on a hot day, to me that would tip theprecarious blamce towards old lady scent. The heat can do that to some fragarances and this is most likely one of them in my opinion.

Overall, I say give it a try but only if you like powdery amber scents because it is more powdery than sweet.

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

My Dad got me this by accident last Christmas instead of Light Blue (bless him, he doesn't have a clue, the last scent he bought was a Harley Davidson one bacvk in the early 1990's)(and he ordered 2 bottles of it on top of getting the wrong one lol)

Anyway, I haven't worn it until last night as I much prefer very fresh / clean /sporty fragrances and dress quite casually so didn't think I could pull it off.

Maybe I can't, but I actually quite like it, it IS sweet, but not too in your face, quite powdery and vanillery, but very long lasting and keeps floating by every few minutes all day.

Unique too, and good quality. Think it suits wintery weather better. I can understand why it's so popular.

This won't be an every day one, but I'd wear it on a night out when I dress up a bit.

A few years ago I had Hypnose by Lancome, i keep thinking of that when I smell this, not exactly the same but has hints of it.

DaniellaCaramella
DaniellaCaramella

This is a very comforting fragrance and the vanilla is very pronounced, making it a perfect layering option for other gourmandy type frags. In fact, i'm currently wearing The One under Angel body lotion and they work heavenly together. This is perfect for everday wear, and can be worn in the office as it is not a strong/imposing scent, and is sexy enough to be worn in the evening while out on the town. The longevity is pretty good - a decent 2-3 hours of noticeable aroma, and the sillage is good, but doesn't leave too big of a trail behind. This is more geared toward the colder months, because it is a bit sweet and may be a little too much in the stickier months. Overall, this is a must have if you're like Sweet fragrances, and it's a perfect pick because it does a great job of balancing the notes so that it's not an overbearing sugarbomb geared at the younger crowd, but a delicious womanly scent that can be enjoyed by all ages.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Ordered a sample vial of The One, because the notes sounded like ones that I would enjoy—an amber fragrance counterbalanced with fruit and flowers, enhanced with vanilla (rather than the dreaded patchouli note that is so often used with amber, and that turns to ashes on my skin).

It is exactly the notes as described on Fragrantica: powdery amber, delicate lily-white florals, a hint of rich vanilla, a touch of fruit. It is a soft fragrance, very feminine. The musk and vetiver give a nice depth, but it doesn’t get woody or masculine at all. I see it described as sensual and warm, but I disagree. To me, this is a springtime fragrance, fresh. For me, the lily is such a nice note, making the amber and vanilla just sing so sweetly and in such a different way than typically amber vanilla fragrances.

It brings to mind Easter—-lilies, sweet white chocolate, the strange and fascinating smell of Easter grass in pastel colored baskets; dewy green grass, damp cool stones, spring flowers making their appearance through fragrant and muddy soil. Yes, I could wear this all year round but I think it is the epitome of spring.

It does not develop much; the fragrance I experienced after the first 10 minutes continues to be the experience I have after 2 hours. This is nice, in that it’s predictable, but I will say I like my perfume to be more of an olfactory adventure throughout the day. Sillage is low on me, and longevity is moderate.

The One is a rich amberish vanilla , Like a boozy luxurious vanilla scent, well suited for nights out
It is more snobbish than elegant really , more urban more sensuous
It isn't my favorite, lots of people wear it , and it gets one dimensional on me
Yet what a glorious statement if makes!!

istateistate
istateistate

Smells like white chocolate to me. Nothing that interesting, seen a thousand perfumes like this.

ana.rosalen
ana.rosalen

I just love this perfume!!!It's so elegant and makes me feel good.I'd say it's a comfortable perfume that suits day and night.

peny

this one will be the x-mas gift for me!!!!!!!! elegant, sexy! Is the ONE that suits me completely!

victoria.dudchenko
victoria.dudchenko

I love vanilla, but the one is not for me, i preferred to stay away from it. also i dont smell any vanilla in it, some strange powder yes, but no vanilla

rachel32
rachel32

This is really The One, sophisticated vanilla, extremely unique, I think that's why opinions differ, The One is just like Poison CD or Angel TM, you love it or hate it. If you looooove vanilla The One is for you, if you're not ...WARNING!!! Stay a million miles away!!!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Not sure where all this fuss comes from...smells very "ordinary" to me, like a million other fruity florals that the mainstream factory pumps out - infact, I find it rather synthetic and cheap. The last power is minimal and it's gone after 2hrs.

whiten
whiten

sounds like something I should like... the golden, classic looking bottle, the jasmine, peach, musk... all the basenotes that I like... so why haven't I fallen in love with it? too common, like the other d&g; light blue... I feel like everybody may wear this. is it a bad thing? no, definitely not even I want to wear it on fall days... just a bit too sweet and not so different to care for an original bottle, for me

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

This fragrance smells golden and sunny with strong peach and vanilla notes. People keep telling me I smell good when I wear it.

Ceylane
Ceylane

In general, peach fragrances become sickening to me. This is not the case. Peach and vanilla, a little powdery. Smell: Round, soft, warm. The sillage is not very big, but the power of permanency is good.

swtcandy
swtcandy

Unfortunately, this smells cloyingly sweet on me, as if I covered myself with syrup or honey, and it makes me feel a bit sick. Strangely, it does not smell like vanilla to me at all. One spritz goes a long way and it lasts the whole day. Too bad:(

This is warm, sweet, ambery, vanilla, and fruity. The mandarin orange is very noticeable on my skin, so it reminds me of a high end orange creamsicle. The peach in this smells delicious and blends seamlessly with the other notes, so it smells very smooth. There is also a faint floral spiciness from the lily, which comes across as peppery and adds a spicy complexity. This is a comfort scent, warm and calming. Cozy enough for nights in fall or winter, and glamourous enough for evening wear.

Elianik
Elianik

I find this perfume very good on other people. That's why i wanted to buy it so much. but the problem is that when i smelled it on my self i found it so heavy and annoying.

stardust808
stardust808

gofruityourself ASSUMES people who get headaches from certain fumes drown ourselves in it! that's ludicris and for the record i give 2-3 sprays of this 1 each wrist and 1 back of neck so it's not in my face that has seemed to help but i still get a dull headache but at least i can use this now as i love it so =) at $100 a bottle trust me gofruityourself this is something i'm NOT bathing myself in or overspraying!

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

"The One", yes---that is, the one you will smell on a hundred other women wandering a shopping mall...

Not repellent, certainly, and there are far worse quality things out there, but not terribly original either. Too sweet for my taste (although there are much sweeter scents around), with generic white florals commingled with generic fruity stuff, drying down to a not-unpleasant but not very exciting vanilla. A passing reminder of Guerlain's L'Instant ? But L'Instant is much better composed and more satisfying. If it's vanilla one wants, there are far more interesting vanilla perfumes out there. I just wasn't impressed. Still, the air is filled with far fouler things these days, and I'd rather smell this than the umpteen thousand sugar/fruit confections wafting about any gathering of females under 40ish...It's a safe, but not distinctive choice, I suppose.

Snuffeltje
Snuffeltje

I love it!
It smell stays medium-long and is very sweet on me.
It almost smells like 'ouwel' in dutch. It's candy-paper.
But it's also the thing I don't like about D&G The One, because candy like that is not very.... elegant..

So I find this a lovely parfume, but not as elegant as the commercial says... ;)

daredevil

Glamorous and gentle!! A nice chooice for diva women and a sweet sense of luxury!

dream
dream

I didn't like it, not my type, plus once i smelled it it reminded me of someone I really don't like which made it worse

peny

ONE of the best perfumes I've ever had... 2 bottles of 75ml aren't enough...I'll by the third one soon!!!

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

amazing! sadly it doesn't suit my skin but my sister has it and it smells SO nice on her!!!

Batman2011
Batman2011

So many people i know love/have this perfume.
So i bought it because at first i really liked the smell. But as i got used to it and used it more I felt it was heavy and made me smell a little too girly.
Its quite a seductive scent which in the end didn't match my personality. (I would describe myself as a tomboy who best suits light/fresh/clean flirty smells)

Ended up getting a headache from it too, so if you tend to get headaches from perfumes i would avoid this one.

sharhayad
sharhayad

No esta mal. Tiene un toque avainillado que la hace dulce pero tambien se notan las flores. No le veo ni rastro de la parte frutal. A mi no me mata...

Lilian Lima
Lilian Lima

I really love this parfum! It's "The One"!

lolagoes4awalk
lolagoes4awalk

When I used this perfume, I got a lot of compliments. though, I'm not using right now, it is one of my favorites. It is definitely for autumn or winter, suits with depressed weather

susiechoo
susiechoo

sweet creamy scent.. but not overbearingly sugary. perfect for autumn and winter when the scent is mixed with cold air. you CANNOT not feel sexy in this fragrance. compliments from guys all the time!

dimplesg

I love warm,cozy,sensual smells and as I have mentioned before, there are not many perfumes that I dislike but this has to be one of them. Mixed with my body chemistry it smells like fly spray (no disrespect to those who like this scent this is just imo)

TWebb
TWebb

Sensual, mellow, creamy sophisticated frangrance. Feels like a warm blanket. Long lasting and smooth with vanilla and musky notes.

JoieDeVivre
JoieDeVivre

Warm and sensual. Cozy for Autumn and Winter. This sexy scent causes me to breathe in deeply each time I catch a hint of it. One spritz lasts and lasts, and the silage can fill a room at first. However, after the dry down, it's an intimate fragrance that gets people to lean in close to smell the delicious fragrance. I love it!

jillywoods
jillywoods

Light & refreshing, but equally complex. Very weak longevity. Still, it's pretty and fun but sophisticated. A nice scent for spring or summer.

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

I got a mini of this with an online order, I was excited to try because it's an oriental floral, and I'd read rave reviews about it, but sadly, it just does not work for me.

I might give it one more try, but I had to wash it off immediately. I put it on this morning, and by the time I got to work, I was at the sink. That was 2 hours after applying it. It opens very sharp on me, with a blast of chemical smelling fruits and what I believe is vanilla.

Maybe the sharpness comes from the litchi, as I'm not familiar with what litchi smells like alone. I do know that the peach in this and other perfumes, if it is prominent, and it is in this one on my skin, doesn't usually work for me.

I can say that the sillage is pretty decent, and the longevity seems really good, because I've scrubbed 3 times, and I can still smell it. This one gave me a headache, and I don't usually get perfume headaches.

It reminds me very much of Burberry Burberry Women, but that one works on me.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

This is such a beautiful and sophisticated scent.

When I first sprayed it, there was a sharp note and alot of lily of the valley but then it settles to the most divine vanilla, amber, fruity and sweet fragrance. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist! I find this fragrance quite sensual yet comforting and warm. This isn't childish or over sweet at all! I most definitely would wear this in winter. The lasting power was great,about 8 hours on my skin.

Overall, a classy, sensual and beautiful perfume that I recommend to anyone who loves vanilla and cosy scents.

gofruityourself
gofruityourself

This is a romantic and sexy perfume even more so when my husband wears it. Its warm unique I cant get enough of it. It lasts a long time and has great projection.

stefanorsi
stefanorsi

This perfume feels a bit old school to me but still a decent romantic scent.
It used to be a big hit to me several years ago, not it is only a nice smell but nothing more. Brings back nice memories...

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Wow wow wow wow wow ..

I really don't know what I want or could say about this magical scent .

It's so unique ... A work of art , THAT'S IT .

The One , you really are THE ONE .

melissa3888
melissa3888

This is pretty much my signature scent. Even my friend who gets perfume headaches likes this on me. A perfect match to my chemistry--nothing pops out. Unless I apply it at night (after a shower, getting ready to go out) and then it smells of 2 things--vanilla and green tea. Completely different than if applied in the morning. So, I will add my experience to Rednose--it's a complex perfume story, and your own skin chemistry will either make this work or make it odorous hell.

zelmu
zelmu

The drydown is a little similar to Gaultier 2! Just like Gaultier 2, the basenotes are vanilla, amber and musk.

argi
argi

smells perfect on my skin...the next perfumr i'll buy..

rednose
rednose

I tested this once on my skin when it first came out and it was a stinker. I even had it on my dislikes, but now for some reason it smells good on me. I don't know what happened between then and now to make this scent smell completely different to my nose, all i know is that am really liking it. it used to smell like you stuck your nose into some cleaning liquid and imediately after stuck it into a pot of talc. now, it smells like some devilish heroine walked into the door and she sweat glory and victory of some sort :/

Repogirl
Repogirl

D&G fragrances continue to surprise me. At fist spray I was like, ok this is nice but nothing wow-worthy. But as with other D&G scents I have, their is something that always surprises me in the dry down... Something that always makes me go "hmm, what is that?" That is why I love D&G fragrances....they all have an element to them that is very unexpected and different from the norm.

ForrealMe2

OH MY!!! I am in love with this one..no lie for me personally when i spray this on me i feel so invigorated..the sharpness from the peach and vanilla cream literally and i know this is personal but i'm gonna say it..it excites my scenses or for better words titilates me...whew!! ok i said it LOL but seriously i am in love lately with these parfums that bring that citrus/peach,champange vanilla or even gardenia smell with cream vibe to it like flowerbomb,fancy,crystal noir,jean paul classique..the smells are so bright and so bamb in your face its like your not only smelling it but feeling it too as you smell it because it smells so freakin good!This is in a class of it's own..for the scent alone I have bought two..this with the above i listed i don't think i will go without i just enjoy the happiness i feel with them.It feels so good to smell so good!

TheEnchantress
TheEnchantress

Smells like a cake shop (pâtisserie) I get sugar craving everytime I use it :)
vanilla,sugar,iceing,sherbet all in a bottle :)

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

Love Love Love-allergic!!!!!

I thought this was going to be a lifelong favourite but the rash on my wrists says otherwise. I even tried the rose version-rash!!!!

A very sad thing for me!

Thandi.Li.M
Thandi.Li.M

I hate the effect it has just after spraying, the silage is easier to bear though...that'll teach me not to order something I havent tested

Natacia
Natacia

The smell is actually very nice, sweet and fruity but unfortuntely it caused me headaches...

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

Too vannilic for me. Darn!!!

I really wanted to like this. I know that many reviews start this way. But, I really wanted to enjoy a newer scent. I was so tired of being bombarded by gourmands and fruities. I wanted something differant. I was told by the sales person that this was a straight oriental, and that it rivaled Opium. What a liar! I really feel that her mis-representation is part of the reason why I do not care for this scent. Note to all sales reps...FYI!

This is a vanillic, gourmand. The focus of this fragrance is strictly vanilla, and there are some supporting florals. The florals are sweet and enduring, so lasting power and sillage are not an issue. It lasts quite awhile. It is a youthful and romantic fragrance, that would be good for a wedding- or a romantic date. I do not see this fragrance as being overtly sexy, as the vanilla accord is just too sweet and pervasive to allow any other notes to take front and center.

Like I suggested, this fragrance is very romantic. It is not for the office or professional dealings of any kind. It would be nice for winter holidays, though. It has an almost "Christmas'y" vibe to it, with it's candied, vanilla bean, and warm florals.

I do not care for vanilla "in it's sweet facade", but I think that a woman who wears gourmands during the day, would find this a treasure in the evening.

gaga97
gaga97

it's amazing !! for me it smells like champagne with some candies and vanilla ! it's sweet and classy at the same time ! it's elegant feminine and unique !! and everyone will ask what perfume are you wearing !! you should try it !!

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This is a waaaay overpriced bottle of pink "tubblegum". A kind of bubblegum I chewed as a kid.
Nice and fun gourmand. I don`t get why people say that this smells classy and expensive?

Compared to other D&G perfumes, The One is really just "safe" (i.e. boring). It's sweet and fruity, doesn't really have any character, isn't particularly stylish. It's perfect for blending in with everyone else at the office or the grocery store. I love the name of it: THE ONE...seems like it should be extremely special, but it's just another poor victim of corporatization.

D&G is part of a string of houses that used to make quality stuff, but have now stooped to making bland, watery, ordinary fragrances. I will dump The One into the same pile that I have dumped Vanitas and Guilty.

candygirl007
candygirl007

This is the most glamourous scent I've ever smelled. It spells glamour, sexiness, confidence, sensuality, power, kindness, all that you want to be when you've spent hours dressing up for that special evening occassion.
I only wish it had better staying power and dry-down. The dry-down on me starts to smell a bit stale and old, like an old cupboard! Real disappointment, especially after the first couple hours that make you feel like a queen!

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

I think Scarlett Johansson is the perfect '' face '' for this perfume . The one is peachy-sweet and some powdery . This fragrance make you feel beautyful , sexy and desired . I don't categorize any perfume after age , but this one is young . The bottle is amazing in it's simplicity .

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

It´s a really good perfume. Fruity but not too much, elegant, classy & i got a lot of compliments. It´s not too strong, could be use as an everyday perfume & for an elegant party too. It´s a must have. Makes honor to it´s name.

Miss Glamour
Miss Glamour

the perfume industry has finally found 'the one'... because this fragrance is definitely 'the one'!!. its really timeless and classy and you could wear it forever and still love it ... I want to buy this perfume so bad !!!

Saster01
Saster01

This is not your daughters perfume. The Vanilla is sweet but not tween sweet. This is perfect for a night out, cool weather or just because.

chrissi.ville
chrissi.ville

I love it when I'm smelling on top of the bottle, it's fresher then. It feels like there are some citrus fruits. But when I wear this on my skin, it's only sweet and reminds me of a mixture between Bruno Banani and Believe by Britney Spears. I guess I'll just spray this on my clothes.

TheCountess
TheCountess

I tried it, and it just smelled cheap and synthetic after a couple of hours. To be honest, it smelled like if I just dabbed alcohol from my medicine cabinet in my wrist. Not buying it.

Bethesda
Bethesda

This is much lighter and powdery than I expected, but that suits me fine as it's summer at the moment so I can wear this much more in the day than I thought (and it will still be suitable to wear in the evening and winter because it's so cosy and comforting).

I really don't get the fruitiness The One is supposed to have except the mandarin/apricot in the opening note. I'm actually pleased I can't smell any plum! After that it's just white flowers (mainly lily), powder and vanilla. Very soft and not too sweet, just creamy and floral. Surprisingly I really like to spritz a small amount of this on before I go swimming as the smell of vanilla and flowers mixed with the water is divine. I will be taking this on holiday next week too as it smells amazing in the summer breeze.

Vampiris
Vampiris

I always have a thing for litchi note..used to love Lancome Miracle because of this note in it..

The one is a girly and powdery sweet scent, i feel beautiful in this scent..one of the most feminine scents to me..very elegant and modern..

the dry down smells a bit like scented candle or oil..i just love it..

I adore the package of the One, heavy glass bottle..

to me it is not yet the one, however it smells gorgeous and expensive..

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This scent to me is just so boring...too forgettable for my liking. But it's still nice...just nice, not excellent.

relevos
relevos

I dont like this brand, but I love this fragrance...

Batey2008
Batey2008

Bought it in the duty free on the plane. It doesn't suit me as I like musky vanilla rose highlights.

RoRoSe

The One is really the one that you can put your hands on, if you want the most romantic and classy blind of fruits & white floral

The open is so peachy with the mysterious sweetness of the plum, then it's all about the fruit of paradise (Litchi), it's so prominent here.

The bouquet of white floral is elegant & sweet with , I don't smell a heady jasmine or lily here, both are sweetened with drops of the pure vanilla extract (Yummy) !!

Then the vetiver & bergamot are added in a clever way to keep the juice balanced with the fruits & white flowers

I am in love with this scent since it released and will buy a bottle after a bottle gladly ,, this smells to me as a cocktail party juice in a bottle and I use it for parties Only..

In 3 words :
___________________

Charming

Cozy

Alluring

phyrexianc
phyrexianc

This scent has something sharp to it that contradicts the warmth of the perfume, but I cannot quite grasp what it is exactly. Too bad, because without this sharp bit it would be so much better.

EDIT: three hours in and finally the sharp is gone. Now it's warm and beautiful and really sensual. If it would have been like this from the beginning I would add this to my favourites. As my nose had 3 hrs of struggling to do it's a big no-no.

And another edit: This perfume really lasts forever! I`m wearing it for over 11 hrs now and I can still smell it very well.

lol38
lol38

@allexa ..u should get L'eau the one..more sophisticated,modern version & the best for summer..

allexa
allexa

After reading many positive reviews I decided to buy a sample on eBay ( from top seller). Forgive me all who love this perfume, it's my personal opinion. First impression - The cacophony of smells including screaming lily of the valley covered with powder my great grandma spilled on the dressing table in 1964. In thirty minutes I can smell a ghost of plum and vanilla and something soft, thick and a little... unpleasant. A weird mix which can't be described by elements. At some point there are aldehydes, which are not in description at all.
Conclusion. If I didn't get the fake, this is heavy, rich perfume. Make sure you have tried and wear it BEFORE buying a heft. For women 35 and up, night, winter.

yunicullen
yunicullen

has an amazing sexy touch! adore it!

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

I went through my mom's collection of fragrance again .___. I sampled this just now! its amazingly lovely considering this came from my mom's taste, I simply like this scent! sniffing this off my hand made me feel a bit more mature and I see myself wearing this at my job I hope to get someday (I wanna be a flight attendant)lol the top notes and heart are amazing and elegant with out being to loud! this scent is warm but can be worn during spring and winter

rayan.terro
rayan.terro

This is my favorite perfume of all time! I just LOVE IT!

yella_light
yella_light

I accidently sprayed this one when I had an atomizer. I thought I was spraying on The One for men.

Here's my review:
it projects well, and smells great. It's definitely a great scent for a woman who's on a date, or just a night out. It's wonderful for special occasions.
(3-4 sprays max)

Age group: 16+
Projection: 4 stars
Longevity: 3.5 stars
Versatility: 3.5 stars
Smell: 4.5 stars
Overall: 4 stars

Sabz22...
Sabz22...

When i first bought it i thought it was amazing... But after a while it began to give me headaches ... And now i dont use it anymore. It wasn't for me in the end. :(

octobersun
octobersun

Shoot me, but for some reason I just adore to wear it in the heat, that's why I have just bought it. It is very, very sweet perfume, maybe too sweet, but lovable and unique and recognisable. I just love that plum and over- vanilish note, it brings smile to my face every time I feel it.

Dollycat
Dollycat

JUST LOVE AT FIRST SIDE! I love all the D&G fragrances, they are very sexy and warm. This one is my favourite with D&G Femme second and Sicily third.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Dolce & Gabbana The One is tempting, modern, and glamorous. Luscious alluring vanilla, soft succulent peaches, fresh jasmine and lily, fruity plum and lychee with sun-kissed citrus notes. A dry down of warm amber, sensual musk and bergamot with a woodsy yet powdery base of vetiver. The One is a must have fragrance for the sexy and classy woman!

mimi88
mimi88

i was trying to like it few times (the same with l'eau)but the scent is so aanoys me..that dry sweetness, like sugar on hot pan..well i can't say it's offensive, i can bear it on other people but only not on myself because i want to rub it off..and why on the hell i bought the bottle, perhaps because i like vanilla, peach, litchi and lily notes, but i can't get no vanilla no litchi, peach - maybe. plum, jasmine and lily of the valley the only notes i can distinct. to conclude - this is not sexy perfume at all.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Not for me, I'm afraid. The very ingredients I love -- peach, bergamot and white flowers -- are non-existent to my nose. It's very very sweet and boozy on me. At first I sensed a tobacco, but that turned into just a lot more vanilla. Reminiscent of powdery fragrances with violets in them. The drydown smelled like a cloyingly sweet candle wax on me. Sorry.

Jazzku
Jazzku

Oh, dear heavens... That's all I can say! When I put this on, I feel like I'm wearing the sexiest dress. Conveniently, as I can't afford designer LBDs, this comes in handy! :)

Scent, Inc
Scent, Inc

This fragrance stands out as upscale. The ingredients are pure high quality ( probably explains why it is so expensive, or because the name). The initial spray and scent can be quite strong and heavy for someone who likes lighter scents. There is a very strong vanilla/peachy blast but it is very sophisticated. Peach can go wrong if it is too much or a cheap oil, but the peach is wrapped with vanilla and florals making it quite luxurious to wear. This scent has a very powdery quality to it. This perfume really makes one feel upscale and elegant. Its great for early evening and colder days since its has power to blast through sharp cold. It is a nice fall or winter fragrance. Careful not to overdo it though, too much of this and you will suffocate those around you.

I feel if you like Donna Karan Cashmere Mist, Coco Mademoiselle, or Prada, you may like this for the powdery/elegant quality

anamalia
anamalia

I really love the one, it is one of the most true smelling apricot fragrances I have ever smelt. I can't detect the lychee at all during wear, just apricot and vanilla. The apricot smells like apricot should be, fresh, not sickly sweet and the vanilla adds a lovely touch of warmth.

justbeQ
justbeQ

I kept coming back to this "one" at the store. And finally ordered a mini bottle to take a test drive with. First impression- pleasingly subtle and close to the skin, warm and soothing but not heavy enough to shy away from warm weather use. Top notes are light and fruity with citrus, peach and a nudge of litchi. Then a warm jazmine with an undercurrent of lily settles into a humm of vanilla, vetiver, amber, musk. The powdery dry down is not heavy at all. I think it's a fragrance you can enjoy from the get go. It doesn't require time for you to settle into it. I don't think it is extremely long wearing. I think it can be comfortably worn in the office without assaulting your coworkers and can easily transition to an evening out. I'm sure I will end up being very pleased with this and will be buying a large bottle. ~q

Lovable Amy
Lovable Amy

An Update! :

Yesterday, i go to shopping mall just want to test and buy either D&C the one or rose the one version and i decide to buy the rose version! I got tried to smell the original D&C the one and please don't get mad for those who love the original D&C okay? This is just my opinion and my opinion could be wrong =) I think the original 'the one' smell too strong and too woodsy. And i can't detect any fruity notes in there. And i think the original the one more suits to beautiful, mature and classy woman. It do smells expensive but just not for me. =]

I prefer rose version!

@desertrat : Glad that you love the original version! =] I can imagine that you are beautiful and classy woman! =D and sorry for my english, im from Malaysia.

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! I started wearing it again yesterday. I'm always surprised by the slight spicy top note that I can't identify. Maybe ginger or cinnamon? When it dries down it moves into a warm sophisticated creamy sweet vanilla and peach which I love. My husband also loves it on me. I like it better than the new Roberto Cavalli which on me is too sweet...
PS @Lovable Amy the Rose version dies on me as do most Rose fragrances. Lovely, but I like the original the One best!

selenehdez
selenehdez

No se que me pasaba con este perfume, pero lo probe tantas veces y no me convencia de comprarlo, me parecia muy fuerte al inicio, pero me encantaba cuando pasaba como media hora. El caso es que hace unos dias me anime y oh cielos!!! estoy TOTALMENTE ENAMORADA de el!! Es abril, hace calor, pero como lo uso en la oficina (hay clima), no lo siento nada pesado, se siente sútil, placentero, me relaja. Como muchas dicen, te hace sentir sexy y en mi caso: dura todo el dia! guau!

(ja, aún me pasa que lo huelo de la botella y me parece fortísimo)

I do not know what happened with this perfume, but I tried it many times and did not convince me to buy it, I looked very hard at first, but I loved it when I passed half an hour. Anyway, a few days ago and I encourage you heavens! I'm totally in love with him!! It's April, it's hot, but how do I use in the office (no weather), do not feel anything heavy, feels subtle, pleasant relaxes me. As many say, makes you feel sexy and in my case: lasts all day! wow!

(ha, I still smell it passes the bottle and I feel very strong)

dalmajen
dalmajen

Have been wearing this for a few days now. I didn't open it straight away, as was waiting for the right time to try it. Where is the vanilla?? I am waiting for it, but hardly a glimpse! I pick up the peach-fruit opening, then on to the white florals. A bit of a mixed combo, not unpleasant, but not really my style. I tried this on paper, and could smell the vanilla, no problem. Then also tested on my wrist, at the store..It was a pleasant vanilla dry down. SO of course, I bought it, (online). It isn't fake, and the staying power is very good, BUT I can't detect much vanilla at all! Another of my vanilla quests, turning out a bit disappointing! I also bought the body lotion, to increase the staying power. I bet if I give it to my daughter-in-law, It will be a fabulous vanilla scent:)) All in all, not too bad, but not one for me to rave over!

artemis27
artemis27

I bought this as a blind buy after reading reviews: I thought if so many liked it, it must be good. Plus I also like vanilla and peach, so I went ahead and bought this for myself from my first job's first salary :)

One spritz and my migraine zoomed back to me! Its too flowery, too synthetic on me. All I get is this strange, floor cleaner, artificial jasmine! I really wanted to like it: it was my first real expensive perfume. But sadly, it just didn't work with me.

So I swapped it with my friend for Carolina Herrera 212 VIP (which I totally love!). On her, it smelled beautiful! She's a small, petite, soft spoken girl and this perfume completely complemented her personality.

We'd gone for a movie together and she smelled lovely. There was vanilla, musk, subtle peachy-fruitiness: And that jasmine (which made me smell like cheap floor cleaner) was like part of a beautiful invisible bouquet of flowers. It was wonderful on her.

Guess my skin chemistry didn't really do the job for this, so I'd say test it out before you buy it. If it goes with you, its a very soft, lovely scent. It projects well and lasts for about 6-8 hours.

PS: The bottle is brilliant! The heavy glass simple cube-ish structure looks very sophisticated.

atv315
atv315

I like this scent...I guess. I think that it has elements of types of scents that I like but it doesn't come full circle for me. I like fresh and crisp scents with a touch of sweetness (nothing too aquatic or grassy). Although the beginning smells beautiful and elegant, after a few minutes this sharpness emerges. I am not 100% certain of what note it is because almost all the notes are significant parts of some of my favorite perfumes. It might be the lily or the chemistry between two or more other notes that don't meld together well for me. I get a very distinct soap smell after about half an hour. This is going to sound melodramatic but I feel like there is this note that almost got out of its cage and D&G weren't able to get it back in so it kind of is that annoying little sister that won't go away when you wish the other notes would be more noticeable or that the drydown would come sooner. This rarely happens but it is giving me a headache.

Also, although this has a sophisticated, elegant aspect to it (I definitely see it as a scent for a woman in her thirties or forties), it's almost too elegant for me...there is nothing "bad" about it...almost too proper or innocent for me. I wish the vanilla were sweeter or the musk more pronounced because it's missing a sexy element for me.

I am glad I did not impulse buy this because I really loved this the times that I sampled it but luckily i waited to wear it on my skin from "beginning to end" and it's definitely a no for me.

UPDATE: I tried this again today and I counted. It takes FOUR hours for the headache-inducing notes to die off before this scent softens. Although it does soften and the vanilla become a BIT more noticeable, this remains a relatively linear scent on me.

Caela
Caela

My Mom has it and she loves it! I like it more on her then on me, but thats probs becuase it more of a mature scent. It can be a bit sweet becuase its quite stong, however if u can get past that its nice for evening or day wear.

duskangel101
duskangel101

The One is a generally pleasing vanilla scent. Its quite creamy and sensuous, not too commonplace but very non-offensive. Although, something dodesn't quite sit right with me; the vanilla seems a bit watery to me, like someone added water to a bowl of cream. I've never really settled upon my opinion of it though. I probably wouldn't be buying a bottle any time soon, but I find myself coming back to it again and again.

Airdna
Airdna

Such a sensuous dry down, very oriental indeed! The One is mostly warm and sweet with a moderate amount of spiciness, very comforting and sexy at the same time. The lasting power is great too--for least two days!

fobia
fobia

For me it seems like this is a scent that is appropriate for a more mature woman... 30+ perhaps. I smell a soft and rich vanilla... it smells almost like honey to me. I didn't feel like I could pull it off or that it was for me though.... Even though it's sweet, it was just not what I typically go for.

Sankaaa
Sankaaa

Just bought it today, love it so much already! This is going to be my second favorite besides Prada Candy. The peach and vannila notes show the most on me.

Ronnirenae
Ronnirenae

I took signorina back....my boyfriend LOVED that one.....but I gotta sample of this and LOVED this one too lol...I think I really want this one. It takes a lot testing to find one that really suits you...it seems like I get sick of smells fast or I'll like them at first but then I hate them only a few I really stay liking

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

The One: Just for Me

The One has to be one of the softest fragrances I've come across. I can spray it and never feel overwhelmed or headachy. In fact, I love wearing it to bed. I feel my blood pressure drop when I wear The One. It is comforting and sensual.

The lingering vanilla and musk soften the what could be very annoying peach. I like how the white flowers keep The One interesting and light-handed, as this fragrance could easily fall into heavy, boring, redundant territory.

Sillage is moderate. The One is simply a special, secret fragrance that is for only me, my husband, and my cats. It is the perfect I-wear-it-for-me scent.

Mirlo
Mirlo

This is a lovely fragance. I thought the composition would be more complex, but surprise...it's quite simple. It's soft, creamy and elegant, intense but discreet. It's not a common or cheap fragrance either. Very sensual and classy.
I would describe it as a vanille-y, oriental/spicy floral. How could such a mixture ever go wrong? :)

chowchow41
chowchow41

I love this perfume. It opens with a touch of lychee then followed by peach and a hint of plum, and in the base the lovely vanilla. Its a classy fragrance and suitable for anny occasion.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Very nice scent. Vanilla lovers rejoice! THE ONE is fresh, powdery and lovely. Not a good choice for the seductive kitten looking a sexy fragrance. It's a beautiful and sophisticated fragrance. A charmer indeed.

lolipophead
lolipophead

I loved this on a colleague, but on my,unfortunately, it smelt like pink bubble gum.

The heart has reasons
The heart has reasons

I started out really liking this at first, but unfortunately the peach makes me nauseous. Its a lovely elegant scent but not for me . Peach does not wear well on my skin. A shame....

jaa456
jaa456

The One, is a warm, cozy vanilla floral-oriental. It's soft and feminine. I wear it to work in the winter. It does not offend or demand attention.

Jayla_Kent
Jayla_Kent

I tried this on at Christmas time - and for some reason did NOT like it. Today I tried it again because the sales associate recommended it when I stated I wanted a fresh, vanilla, powder scent with a hint of sexiness. I thought it was a tall order - but she insisted this was good - so I sprtized it and walked around. At first I was not too into it (don't care for the peach at first) then as it settled I was glued to my wrist - and after I came home my hubby said I smelled "nice with a hint of sexy" - 8) So I purchased the bottle - got a free small bottle of D & G the one - rose.

kitti002
kitti002

Warm, sensual and deep scent. Makes me feel sexy and confident. I use it in winter and in the colder days of spring,fall, because in the warm could be too sweet and uncomfortable. This ONE is a masterpiece from D&G, I love it.

CoriH
CoriH

I really expected to like The One, all the notes add up and the reviews made me think that this would be to die for, so i bought a sample and wow okay this is not what I was expecting. This is without a doubt a well made, sophisticated, deep, sweet and warm fruity vanilla fragrance. However on me all you smell are peaches and vanilla and I got that banana smell that another reviewer mentioned and since I am not a fan of peach nor bananas it made me nauseous more than anything. It's sad but I really didn't like it in the least. Skin chemistry really is a strange thing.

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

I LOVE the initial spritz of this one - warm, sensual and unique vanilla

but 30 minutes later it smells... old? Like it's suddenly become dusty and a bit stale.

If it retained the freshness of the initial spray I'd buy it, but sadly my chemistry doesn't work with this one.

istok
istok

There is some sickening touch, and is a bit heavy. But, still is nice, oriental, impressive and elegant. It s good for some night festivities...like ball :D
It is great for women who are Scorpio or Capricorn in horoscope :) I have this one, but does not remain long on the skin :(
This scent is better for married women, than free :)

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

This is just, simply great. So incredibly delicious.
I was testing some fragrances at a perfumeshop and was kind of disappointed in nearly everything I smelled, probably due to all those scents mingled together. Then I smelled THE ONE.

And I was hooked. To me, it smelled like a refined, elegant, chic version of my all time favourite, the slightly dirty CLASSIQUE EDT, though the notes are really not that similar
I normally hate peach in fragrances, but here it just adds a little freshness, lifting up the fragrance.
It simply left me speechless.
And renewed my belief in the fragrance industry :)

The bottle also looks great. So elegant, not overdone, just simple lines. I would love to have it on my vanity.

The only reason I didn't buy it was the price. It's VERY expensive, especially for a student.
But maybe a small bottle (30 ml). Just for special occasions.

No, I HAVE to have it!

EDIT: Tested it again and well, I realized this is way too sweet for me. Sweet in a slightly unpleasant, candylike way.
So I won't buy this in the end.

miZZpuRRfect

the one! the one and only ever, i was not able to wear for such a reason!
first of all i m a gourmand lover and also tending in sweet oriental perfumes in general, but the one is far too sickening.
the first perfume ever i could not stand at all because of its sickening sweetness with latent needs to vomiting! the oriental touch which one could probably calm down the syrupy sweetness, on me at least, doesn't show up at all.
i gave it now 3x a go and always had to wash it off after half an hour, don't get me wrong, it smells gooood, it starts really nice juicy-fruity-sweet-foody like delicious slightly over-ripe fruits, but then it gets sweeter and sweeter and sweeter and still sweeeeeter like anything else! incredible heavy stuff.
it let's me feel like after having eat an overdose of pure marmelade and i wont eat anymore in my whole life!
the one could work well for someone who wanna lose weight, because with this stuff on, you'll not gonna be able to eat anything... don't work for me at all... such a pitty, it starts out really nice! i think this perfumes could cause also a big headeach for sensible people. caution with the one!

venuswaltz
venuswaltz

I can understand why people love this fragrance, I really love the bottom notes however find the top notes to be too overbearing. In fact it reminds me a little of bananas.

It does last a long time however the fragrance disappointingly just does not work for me.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

Woah, this one is sweet. Extremely so.

I don't often find perfumes to be TOO sweet, but sadly, this one turns quite sickly on me. While it smells nice in the bottle, what it leaves on my skin is a ridiculously sweet orangy, plasticky vanilla with undertones of something similar to rotting fruit.

This is probably a very nice fragrance on some people (bevare though, a little goes a long way with this one!). However, much like with Gucci Flora, this just doesn't seem to work on my skin.

tinaelisa

I really love this scent! Actually started wearing it at the beginning of last summer. Wore it in the middle of the summer too (but the european summers aren't that hot). Now in the winter I still like it a lot.
It smells just so feminine and sweet, a bit powdery and fruity (a very nicely done peach) with an amazing lasting power.

Three spritzes last you all day and the next morning there is still a little trace (especially when you spray your neck and you have long hair that strokes your neck, your hair still smells like this the next morning) of the smell remaining.
The scent just wraps around you and makes you feel feminine, flirty and a little bit sexy all day long. For me this is a feel good perfume!

A spritz of this in your cleavage also works miracles ;)

One of the best!

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have a vegan imitation oil of this. It is a very inviting scent.

I have yet to smell the original perfume. I stay true to the online sellers I buy from. I find that their cruelty free "dupes" are very affordable for me. Sorry,I do not trust that Dolce&Gabbana are a cruelty free company. Sad.

Onto the scent.......

I am smelling warm bubblegum,creamy vanilla, and gently tart,and invigorating bergamot fruit. Also there is a bowl of juicy lychee,ripe peaches,delicious! This perfume is quite gauzy and soft,very gentle. The sweetness of it smells like velvet draped on my skin.

Whit
Whit

I don't own it, but I have sprayed it on myself a few times when I've passed the perfume counter. Lol I really like it, so I'm not sure why I haven't purchased it, I don't know, maybe the price. It's a very sexy, warm, seductive scent and dare I say a classic one too. I love the fact that it's rich and luxurious smelling; my kind of perfume. I don't know, maybe I see it as a special occasion frag that won't get much use because I don't attend any special occasions. I would think the cooler months would suit this frag as it is heavy. If I can find a really good deal, I may purchase as I've had really good luck with D&G's perfumes; they last a long time on my skin and go really well with my chemistry. So, maybe one day...

EDIT: So I found a really good deal on the body lotion and I ended up buying it. I really love the shimmer it gives my skin; would be great for the summer. That being said, this really isn't as heavy as I thought it was. Maybe the heat of summer would make it even sexier. I still consider it a special occasion frag, but what the hell, why not wear it when you want to feel a little glamorous. It's actually very soft and I catch some small whiffs here and there. Glamorous, warm, cuddly, and sexy too; I'm really glad I bought it.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

I tried it at Macy's last week, sprayed directly on myself. Just wanted to see how it works with my body chemistry as I liked how it smelled on the paper strip. It is beautiful powdery-sweet scent, sofisticated and very feminine. In one word, sexy. But it immediately gave me a headache which didn't go away until I washed it off. Maybe it is the sweetness and kind of heaviness (which I actually liked in this perfume) that caused the headache... I just can't wear it for that only reason. What a pity...

lanags
lanags

@nush imogen - trust me it will still be too cheap smelling - I'm over 40 and finding it the same - i'm still keeping it as there are winter days when skin chemistry works a bit better and you need a hint of vanila and amber - also needs to be used very sparingly

Necabel
Necabel

The One es un perfume cálido y sensual, envuelve la piel como un velo de terciopelo. Me encuentro cómoda con él y tiene buena durabilidad en la piel sin resultar intrusivo. Sin embargo es un perfume que utilizaría de vez en cuando, me gusta mucho pero no me apasiona, tal vez porque lo encuentro un poco clásico para mi.

***

The One is a warm and sensual perfume, envelops the skin like a veil of velvet. I feel comfortable with it and has good durability in the skin without being intrusive. However it is a perfume that would use from time to time, but I like my passion, perhaps because I find it a little classic for me.

oxm
oxm

The One is a fragrance rich and seductive, I would see it combined with the typical Femme Fatale, the warmth that this fragrance is truly extraordinary, but also the fruits and vanilla, but I have also caught the scent of freshly cut wood that is The One a message of pure passion, aggressive and sophisticated, gentle oasis for the senses, astral travel or daydream?
Really beautiful her bouquet, Dolce and Gabbana have hit the mark with this fragrance that I would call indicated in cold weather where the vanilla is poured out like a charm.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

If you are looking for a fruity floral minus the teeny bopper appeal, but instead with a sexy, elegant even slightly glamorous appeal...this really is 'the one' ... the jasmine is soft but definently noticable, while it's rich in vanilla and fruits the drydown is pure elegant sexiness ..this is not your average beauty queen this is a prior beauty queen with brains and exquisite taste, a travelor, a reader ... a woman with her head on straight and everything in place. Well rounded gorgeous, and stunning in a delicate way.

While it definently has a warm cozy comfort factor which makes it great for colder months it also has this golden aura around it... which works well for a sexy cool summer day/night

Really original and well executed, the drydown is to die for musk/amber woods..with a slight kiss of a powdery vanilla.. and a bit of a fruity nuance...blended so well . At the top it smells of peach to me, but as it dries down the fruit is rather difficult to pick out but you know it's there..lingering softly

This one is a keeper that I will most likey re-purchase

Sillage is very decent and longevity is 6-8 hours on me... which for me is prety great... definently a winner!

Liquid gold, gorgeous,rich, yummy...sexiness
Perfect for any scarlett!

nush imogen
nush imogen

A little disappointed about this, Scarlett Johansson's ad looks less sexy than intended, the perfume smells ordinary and cheaper than it's actual price, it's too heavy .. I will try it again when I'm in my 30's, I might have different opinion then.

Liliaceae
Liliaceae

I'm quite surprised now that I've seen its notes! It looks just like the kind of perfume I'd love but when I tried it, it smelled just like a mix of whiskey and chewing gum, very strong and seemed to last forever. I'll definitely give it another try as soon as possible!

Takhaet
Takhaet

I had it and I liked it but it was nothing special to me. Just an ordinary vanilla-soapy-fruity fragrance.
I found a lot of much better fragrances for the same price or even cheaper .

jesseg
jesseg

it is very syrupy. it smells like a bottle of chewable vitamin tabs...

miriel
miriel

When I smelled from the bottle it smelled gorgeous. Oriental, vanillic and a little spicy. But on my skin it smelled like bubblegum. Wierd huh?? Must be me chemistry...

doodoowap
doodoowap

I bought it because of the vanilla notes but they last very little on my skin, after some minutes I can't find the vanilla touch at all. Not my cup of tea. I gave it to my mum, it was impossible for me to finish it.

iroschqa
iroschqa

It would be my number 1 fragrance if it had stood longer. Unfortunately it doesn't last long on me.

Otherwise, it is such an attractive perfume, if you don't mind keeping the bottle with you where ever you go.

skylar
skylar

It's not bad, but definitely overrated. On first spray all I can smell is bubblegum with some fruity notes, then it faded to jasmine and the dry down was pretty nice, powdery with some soft woodsy notes. After tests I didn't find it interesting enough to buy it, it's not "the one", more like the safe and boring one.

I liked this, but at the same time it's about as interesting to me as Coach Poppy. Nice, but not nice enough to buy. It's sweet, mostly from the lychee. It quickly becomes very strong in the vanilla department, but it's a soft and elegant vanilla as opposed to a rich and luxurious one. I would buy this if the sillage was a lot stronger, but it's a bit too thin for my personal taste.

Migalex
Migalex

Well, D & G invested in the marketing and in the first five minutes of the perfume. That is what one calls concentrating on the selling act. All of a sudden, it all disappears, like an illusion, leaving a nice memory of a brief instant and probably the long ad. Don't people say that beauty is ephemerous? The idea is for sure lovely.

Karry_
Karry_

i love it so much! it's a bit similar to Tresor, by the way,it was my first really favourite parfume. So sweet, so delicious. Unfornunately, i have only 30 ml
Love love love!!!

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

I was very surprised with this one. Expected it to be rather heady and heavy but it isn't. It's warm, classy and elegant. Like other people have commented it just blends into your own skin chemistry and becomes quite intoxicating and "moreish". I too couldn't stop smelling my wrist to see if it was still as good as I thought it was. Sillage and longevity are excellent - lasted a good 8 hours on me and my shirt in the morning still smelled lovely. Definitey one I will buy and use often. Similar in a way to L'Instant by Guerlain but different enough to have both of them in my perfume wardrobe. Alexandrarae

nikkic78
nikkic78

The One makes me swoon. I can sense the litchi and peach on top followed very quickly by the plum and lily. These fruits are ripe but the whole feeling is sexy and fun. The longer it wears the more serious it becomes. I'm not complaining though, it's very much like a relationship when you reach that point that you decide that you might want to make this more than a fling...that drydown that was always there but you really start to see catches you and you want to stay awhile.
We were hot and heavy for almost a whole year, through the dog days of summer when it felt like it should be forbidden, a fall, winter, and damp spring cuddling while listening to John Legend and it was great!!! Then something happened and our relationship has gone flat. I thought you were the One but I think I need some space. It's not you, it's me because I felt like the sexiest girl alive when we were together.

glad57

Not a cheap smell to me! It is a wonderfully fabulous fresh, modern and chic with a good powdery feel, real smooth and not too sweet. Avon could never do a fragrance that has a rich,silky finish like this ONE. BRAVO D&G

Kione
Kione

Soft, warm, and enveloping. Just as I expected but lighter. I wasn't expecting it to be so close to the skin, I think I was expecting more power, more strength and sillage to it. I was looking forward to testing this but unfortunately nothing else comes to my mind when I sniff it apart from what I said.

A lovely scent to use at any time.

caydesugar
caydesugar

this is a quite pleasant scent. quite elegant. but nothing va-va-voom delicious. it's just too... not attention-grabbing. i wouldn't purchase.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Everything in this has somewhat powdery character. A sweet and powdery, little fresh-fruity beginning loses these fruits after some time. If it were more foccused in vanilla, maybe could be just another one but I figured out the distinctiveness in this one is about juicy plum playing well with vanilla, besides the lily powderiness present in whole fragrance.

Vetiver comes after long: not so fresh for me; I think it's slightly bitter and sour. Despite vetiver features, the base isn't very sour neither bitter, just softens the "dusty sweet".

My mom have it and she loves to death. I think it's classy, can be used for everyday wear or night out. I think in gold when I smell this scent.

On me:
Sillage: Great
Longevity: Very Good (around 7~8h)

MDWake8
MDWake8

Very soft, too soft to make it part my rotation. I wish it were a bit spicier and had more of a spark. It reminds me of Armani Sensi a bit in how mild and soft it dries.

cerebellum
cerebellum

I really thought I was going to like this one, since I'm a fan of fruity florals, but unfortunately The One smelled really bad on my skin. It was really peachy, but too sweet and too strong...on me it smelled like the peaches were going bad!! It reminded me a bit of Nanette LePore, which I used to have (and unfortunately that one didn't really smell great on me either)but a little bit spicier. Too bad, this one got some great reviews and I was hoping to love it!

glad57

how could i let this get away. i did wear the rose this summer and just got "the one" tester from macy's. My husband and I love both the men and the woman fragrance. I want it NOW! It is just fabulous and I can't believe what I was missing in my fragrance collection! Well I must make up for lost time. BEAUTIFUL,NICE TOP NOTES and I am not really a fruity/floral type but this has warm sensual notes with a wonderful floral powdery dry down.Nice alternative to Miss Dior Cherie because of the softness Miss Dior is a little more sweet than this one but THE ONE is really fresh!

moynah
moynah

Today took a virgin spray test. AMAZING. I was in the store spraying tester strips (i often do this writing each name on strip with a pen, so I can smell later and remember which was what) When I got to the 14th fragrance (this D&G) I was blown away instantly. Drop dead gorgeous. Nice chunky heavy glass bottle. I also tested the variant ROSE but this, the original, is 'THE ONE' for me!

napiergirl
napiergirl

THE ONE gets a big yes from me . Elegant ,feminine ,yet with enough going on you dont feel like its a safe ,boring scent . Vanilla and jasmine great combo ,but you add plum,peach and lily to the mix ,I dont know what exactly I am smelling but there is a synergistic magic going on .Love it .

Raina
Raina

I didn't want to but... I like it. There's just something about this that wins me over somehow.

There is no rose in this fragrance and yet the florals come together to create just that, and non traditional rose fragrance that is less what you would imagine a perfume of roses to smell like and more like the real living rose itself. That rose is supported by a strong vetiver blended with the fruit notes (mainly lychee and plum) that creates almost a bubblegum, slightly liquorice scent. Vanilla here is not a vanilla at all, more of a powdery (though not baby powder) sweetness that's just enough to turn this feminine. Though I can imagine that with a different body chemistry this has the potential to be unisex, but for me this is more feminine (albeit a strong feminine.)

Though I didn't want to, I like it. I've never smelled anything quite like this and I would never have imagined something like this would appeal to me if it had not been pointed out by a SA. I don't know if I'll go so far as to ever own a bottle, but smelling it was quite a fun experience.

In a way, this seems like a darker, deeper, more complex, sexier, and less cloyingly sweet older sister to J'Adore Dior or Guerlain Idylle.

EDIT: The sample I received has been sitting here next to my bed and the scent just wafts over to me. I'm slowly falling for this perfume, its just so lovely!

sofababe
sofababe

Strong, sweet and lasts really well. The vanilla and peach are a warm cosy combination, just perfect for these chilly autumnal evenings. I also like the men's version (on men, not myself).

akats
akats

It is my alternative to my beloved discontinued Krazy by Krizia. It's fresh, crispy, warm and sensual. On my skin, I smell almost all of it's notes. citruses at the beginning, warm vanilla for the end.

orchid_84
orchid_84

The more I test this fragrance, the more I enjoy it. When you're a vanilla-lover it's hard to resist. This fragrance isn't particularly unusual or statement-making. But I actually like that about it. It's a cuddly, toasty-warm vanilla gem. The peach and litchi blend in really nicely and bring both sweetness and a hint of light freshness. Delicate lily and sensual amber round the composition out. The One wraps you up in a soft, cozy blanket of feminine warmth. I could see this working for either daytime or a romantic evening. It's classy, comforting and elegant.

melinamelp
melinamelp

Precious ! Warm but refined scent. With a lots of amber, some fine woods and some spices... Impressive and precious. You can't be unnoticed if you wear it. it's a "WOW"perfume

fragranceperfume
fragranceperfume

Very strong perfume, though amazing. I really love this perfume, it's really distinctive. Has a mixture of vanilla, musk and a dash of fruit. A few spritzes lasts the whole day for me. Very long lasting! Lovely bottle also, very sleek and elegant.

Overall I would recommend it. Great for both day and evening, it's a really sexy scent. 4/5 :)

SheShe
SheShe

I like it. I call it a luxurious bubblegum ;) A sweet smell and a positive one, long lasting. It works well every season except summer, it became somehow metallic on me, except summer it's great for day and night during each season.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This one is very nice IMO. soft floral,whit a syrupy vanilla almost honey like note .Warm ,sensuel.classy,a tiny bit spice in all the sweetnes of vanilla makes it very interesting.
I tryed this a wild ago and found it to sweet and cloying in the hotes summerdays. but no that the autumn is setting in , and the days getting colder, this is superb. The only thing im a little unshure off is the staiyng power.. at first try (summertime)this lasted for so so long . Now it seams like it fades pretty fast. more off a skin scent.hm.. possible do to the cooler air??
This is not unlike the One Rose . it has the same vanilla base. I love them bouth.

natefifield
natefifield

The marketing for The One touts 14 different notes: a rich array of florals, fruits, musk, vetiver, and finally, at the very end, they mention, almost apologetically, "vanilla."

I'm sorry, but all I get is vanilla, top, middle, and bottom, left to right, first squirt to the final trace: nothing but vanilla. (Maybe a touch of peach.)

Not that that's bad. I like vanilla. And it's done very well here. The texture is warm, milky, not too dusty or dry like other nutty or vanilla type perfumes. It's even. It glows.

This is for a girl who is indolent, soft, pleasing accessible. Scarlet Johansson is a good choice. It's the sexiness of laziness.

mlxo7
mlxo7

Unfortunately, I don't get much vanilla from this at all, it was an online purchase because I was so sure I would love it (always spray before you pay!) because I usually love anything with vanilla (Addict, Hypnose, Hypnotic Poison, Armani Code etc) bar anything too heavily sweet. When I spray I just get a kind of soapy, sweet, floral scent and no vanilla at all. Have sprayed in hot and cold weather, on skin or clothes and just can't get it to work for me. All my friends love it though, and it seems to work for most people, so I can see I'm in the minority!

Skin chemistry can work wonders, so don't be discouraged by my unfortunate encounter :)!

Cams
Cams

Stunning and luxurious! One of my absolute favs! Elegant and feminine, lasts forever and will garner you all the right kind of attention.

beatrix75

still a nice modern originall super cuper fragrance like a lot the fresh vanill sweet but not too sweet smell of the one like a muffin and cream

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An odd multi-dimensional middle-aged scent..

The first 1-2 minute is quite sweet and quite promising....

2-30 mins: The smell of female under arm Body Odour...it is so close to BO, it is hilarious

30 mins - 1 hour: Middle age female scent(45 years old) with an edge of vanilla

1 hour - The end: Vanilla more prominent, could be considered a classy vanilla scent, some similarity in comparison to Dior Dior Homme Intense Original Version, if compared to a male scent, has the vanilla smoky powdery hallmarks, but a sweetness remains which runis the vanilla.. The drydown is the best part

An experience to say the least, not for me, but I can understand why this will appeal to some

nicki317
nicki317

I usually like more flowery scents but this is an exception. I was surprised at reviews that this is a light and not lasting fragrance, as it seems strong and lasting on me. I have to put it on very lightly underneath my clothes but I can smell a hint of it all day and it's very nice. It seems different, almost masculine to me but very classy.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I am rediscovering this perfume, and have found that it's much better than I originally thought.

The One opens up with a heavy dose of peaches, fruits, and vanilla. One could almost think of it as a vanilla ice-cream fruit salad which borders on being too syrupy. However, after a short while, it begins to morph into a more diverse combination of vanilla, powder, fruits, white flowers, amber, and a bit of musk. Needless to say, I love this perfume most when it settles down, as it's then that The One's beauty shines through.

In an old post, I wrote that The One smells too much like Black Pearls by Elizabeth Taylor. However, if I were to compare this scent to others now, I'd say it's more of a cross between Burberry Woman/Lancome Hypnose/Black Pearls.

This scent is very, very comforting to me, yet at the same time, quite fresh, too. A very warm, soft, classy perfume. I'm growing to appreciate its beauty more by the day.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

A warm peachy vanilla. Thick and delicious for spring and colder months. Sweet but not gourmand. Sexy yet innocent. The bottle, heavy glass with modern sleek design. Love.

NafisaAhmednafu
NafisaAhmednafu

this is a very mild fragrance..but it doesn't suit me!! but its pretty good!! a bit of honey,lemon and a hint of cinnamon..but the vanilla is a bit hard to find! its a very outgoing fragrance!! and sexy too!!

Kingdom
Kingdom

Dolce & Gabbana- The One.

Beautiful.
Absolutley F*cking Beautiful. The vanilla in this fragrance makes it very sexy and very womanly. I smelt this on a friend a couple of weeks ago and i assumed it was Flora by Gucci (which is another wonderful fragrance) but when she told me she was wearing "The One" i had to rush out and purchase a bottle for myself. While the drydown does a walk a similar line as Flora. The One is unique and sexier in its own right giving off a sense of confidence and what i feel is...endless possibilities. Lasting Power is excellent.

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

Just got this and am wearing it for the first time today. I read the reviews and, of course, they run hot and cold. I am somewhere in between after two hours of wearing 'The One'.

I did use the perfumed body lotion with it hoping to give it some oomph as a base. I have very dry skin and need a base for most perfumes.

My verdict is mixed.....liked it when first applied but it seems to be fading real fast....my husband says the silage is almost non-existent. :-(

There is not the first perfume that I have this reaction to.....I will give it a few more days of wearing it to come to any definite conclusion....pretty pricey for a couple of hours of scent. Stay tuned.

More fruity in the heart I think but floral in the top notes....right now, I think it is the drydown....a little floral/spicy (oriental) to my nose. The best fragrance of the lot.

kiwiana
kiwiana

I have wanted this for a while now but for a little bottle it comes with a BIG price especially here in New Zealand. I will save my penny's

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

The floral notes were initially gorgeous, but this dried down to a very gourmand mix of notes on me. Moderate sillage and excellent lasting power.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

The One was one of the first scents I wanted to sample last year when I started this crazy hobby. I wound up with 2 1.5 ml samples, one of which I swapped away. My initial impression was that it was syrupy sweet, too loud, and not something I could ever wear. I felt totally self-conscious wearing it so I stashed away my sample and didn't wear it for many months.

Well, I broke out that sample this last week and wore it several days and have really warmed up to this well-made scent. I don't find it cloying at all. No, this baby is smooth, well-blended and deep, with a distinct progression from opening, heart and base notes.

It has a gorgeously fresh citrusy opening (that must be litchee), with a warm, nutty and fruity-floral heart that lasts forever. The base is deliciously smooth, rich and sweet. It has great sillage, although I wouldn't call it a monster by any means, if you're careful not to over-apply.

The One has grown on me although, I would not wear it every day, so I still have to decide if it's FBW. But it is definitely a strong like for me....almost a love...almost.

Edited to add: Okay, now it's been scooched up to my "want" list. Very classy and comfortable. Some scents just need to grow on you a bit and this one certainly has grown on me. And it is perfectly wearable for summer, too.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

Bought this on whim. So happy I used the testers before opening the box - really didn't sit well with my skin. Way too warm and syrupy. I'm all about elegant and sophisticated, but this smelled a little "old" on me. Needed some fresh notes, I think, maybe something green to mix it up. It lasted all day, though, and it didn't give me a headache, but when I would catch whiffs of it, it was too HEAVY on the sweet. Also, not a very distinctive scent.

Awatef
Awatef

This is very sensual slash warmth I also think it has a hint of dirty but casual cent in it .. maybe it’s just me but let me know if you think so too!!
I just feel like wearing short cut-off jeans whenever im in this and never ever want it to fade off

Wonderful and classy. Easy to wear. Less sweet than L'eau the one - and I think thats perfect for me. Nice flowers and the base gives me nice amber, vanilla and musk. Great scent.

Härlig och klassik doft som är enkel att bära. Mindre söt i framtoningen än L'eau the one, vilket jag tycker är bra, jag gillar inte för söta dofter. Fräscha blomnoter och basen ger mig en rejäl dos amber, vanilj och musk. Jättehärlig!

abigail5328
abigail5328

Warm, soft, sensual, classy, modern, elegant, romantic, sophisticated, luxurious golden fragrance!
The most prominent note to my nose is vanilla. I smell a tiny hint of peach and some white florals but this is mostly overpowered by the vanilla base.
I’m not usually a fan of oriental fragrances but this one won me over as it has a kind of softness quality to it that doesn’t make this your average dark heavy oriental.
‘The One’ is specially made for special occasions in the evenings for those cooler months.
The sillage and longevity are both great!
And it comes in a beautiful golden heavy glass bottle!

ORIENTAL4ME
ORIENTAL4ME

I only had to smell this one time and I was like, OMG,I've GOT to have a bottle of this. I've never gotten so many compliments from other people when I wear this. It truly works with my chemistry and I will always have this in my possesion. It's sweet, sexy and classy all at once.

servana
servana

I'm smelling it right now & right off the bat I don't like it. I don't *hate* it, I just find it too floral. The notes I smell strongly are vanilla, lytchi & the scent of a lot of flowers mixed together. If you like really sweet floral scents, you will love this. It's just not my taste.

Jannochka
Jannochka

Oh, I like this one and I like to wear it in a summer. It opens up very creamy and sweet on my skin, I get many compliments when I wear it. I don’t wear it in a winter even though it’s more of a winter scent because it’s a sweet fragrance, it opens up sweet but not in a good way, I smell dusty vanilla on me on winter days. I definitely recommend it to those who like sweet vanilla scents.

dovey
dovey

its sweet......in a unique way
funny but it reminds me of when u go inside a patisserie (cake shop ) the air inside has the same smell :)

sophisticated
sophisticated

i got this one out of boredom, sorry but too much ads, whenever i flip a channel i see it, i got up and said "fine, i'll buy it!!!", i expected too much out of this one, it's not bad but it's not THE ONE either, why? because whenever the scent develops, it reminds me of another fume, i smelled L'Instant, Guess, i even got some Avon fumes like Tomorrow and the combination of peach/vanilla at some point is a great reminder of refreshing ice sheers... not that i hate any of those fumes, on the contrary, i love them all and even have them; but to be the one, it must be a unique and unmistakable scent; the bottle is wonderful, the scent itself is good of course (i'm even wearing it now) but not for special events & whatnot, for me, it's a light oriental floral fume with some hints of sweet notes here and there throughout the journey the spritz takes till its complete musky dry-down, lasts for a couple of hours and smells good but that's it... still searching for the ONE ;)

krissycat

I have to add something to my review on this one. All day I wore this one day this week and kept thinking what does this smell like, because it reminded me greatly of a perfume I already own, and I finally figured it out... it reminds me a great deal of L'Instant De Guerlain. Funny enough, I think The One actually is stronger and has more sillage on my skin. I will also say after wearing this frag all day I didn't like it so much anymore. I really hate to admit it, but I think it actually became kind of cloying, and I really just wanted it off. A bit disappointed, maybe it's just a little too strong

krissycat

The One... very well made fragrance I think. I have to compare The One a little bit to Hypnotic Poison, but not in smell.. its the way Hypnotic Poison upon first applying I think it smells awful... but then it opens up into deliciousness when you wait for it. The one is like that for me. Upon first spray I thought what did I get myself into.. I hate it.. and then lo and behold in a very short amount of time, the beauty came out and I was addicted. I literally can't stop smelling my arm because of how good it smells. This is definetely a gem, and I'm glad I bought this one

anna.023
anna.023

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! So classy! I prefer to wear it in the summer nights or when I simply want to feel glamourous! It's a little lady-like for me, you have to look classy and proper when you wear it:)

Louw
Louw

A nice inoffensive scent, this one. Very pretty with a strong floral element to it throughout, drying down to a powdery, slightly woody finish. I wasn't able to detect any of the fruity elements listed. It's bright, cheerful and noticeable without being heavy, but to me it's just average. A conventional, polite and middle-of-the-road fragrance.

SS79
SS79

WOW! I LOVE this perfume! I have many and this would top my list! I just tried it on today to see how it mixed with my chemistry, and im so surprised on its lasting power! its been over 9hrs now and i still smell it! AMAZING!!! Next on my list!!!

moraine
moraine

Imagine you are sitting - no, lounging - in a garden cafe on a warm, golden afternoon, sipping peach iced tea and savoring a caramel sundae. You are the best-dressed, most successful person there, completely at ease. Women want to be you, men want to be with you. The world is your oyster...but you're so fabulous you don't even care - you're just enjoying your sundae.

That's The One.

Sadly, the effect only lasts about 2 hours, and reapplying doesn't work - the vanilla builds up and throws everything off. But this is a great One to have in your arsenal for those moments when you need a double shot of relaxed confidence and poise.

Siv55
Siv55

Some people do not believe in the concept of The One. Instead they cite that we have many possible soulmates, any one of which we are free to commit to and build a life and a shared history together, the more time and sharing, the more love will grow.
These people have obviously NOT MET THE ONE. The one whose eyes you immediately recognized from the life before this one. The one who sucks your soul out of your eyes. The one who literally makes your heart feel hot as if you are on fire within. Warmth permeates your being. The One that will make you insane with love and leave you eternally bereft if they abandon you. You will never love another, you want to die, you will pine for the rest of your life. Death will be a mercy and life is only bearable with hope.
Perhaps this will grow on me, it's lovely and sweet, but the aura is not warm and magnetic enough. History will not serve to meld us, we might rub along, but ultimately the memory of That One True Love will sour things. I wish I loved you. That's the kindest thing that I can say.

nicolette09
nicolette09

For me this is the most sophisticated perfume in my collection. I wear this when I want to feel like a star, when I wear the prettiest clothes I have. It is so soft but beautiful and I can feel it surrounding me all day.

karmas
karmas

This is really great, I love orientals, and this one especially because it feels light enough to use in the day, but i feel like i can spritz this on and feel sexy at night too. Its very sophisticated, and I love the vanilla notes and the lilly. I wish i could find it cheaper because I would love to wear this all day and get extra spritzes throughout the day too!

fifaatm
fifaatm

the fruity top notes reminds me of my fancy pencil eraser when i'm on elementary school :)
on my skin it smells smooth, luxurious (agree with moonwalker) powdery flowery vanilla, which i love.

moonwalker
moonwalker

I had always overlooked this perfume because I saw that my classmate wore it... silly me. I have recently got this fragrance as a sample with one of my purchases and I fell in love. And now that I have managed to spill the sample all over me and my bed and I am starting to get a headache I have decided to write a review.

The perfume is nice blend of sweet and spicey. Of vanilla and fruits. For me, it smells luxurious. But not in the way the Chanels do. The Chanels (at least for me)smell luxurious but kinda detached. You can look and admire but you cannot touch. The one smells luxurios but inviting, more friendly I guess.

There is something sligtly synthetic in the composition but it is really easy to overlook.

The sillage and lasting power are great on me. I would definitely recommed to use this with a light hand (I hope that I will be able to enjoy this perfume also after my spilling accident).

derkargy
derkargy

nothing special,indeed...not exactly the one,but another
indifferent fragrance from the D&G fragrance range.I'd prefer the masculine version,instead.

olga1780
olga1780

Sweet and powdery....to my nose, it's desperately striving to be something between Shalimar and L'instant, but of course it cannot compete with Guerlain. Nice, but definitely overrrated. Good for casual wear, but doesn't rank high enough to be a special occasion fragrance.
I own a large bottle but it's going to last forever, because I have by far more sophisticated fragrances in my collection to wear.

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

Smells really good! It's powdery, sweet and spicy! Very sexy and feminine. It reminds me of Hanae Mori Butterfly. They smell VERY similar to me.

Pierina
Pierina

I have consistantly found this scent to dissappoint me. It just doesnt last and is a little soft, I still love it though, its very sensual.
today while spritzing Rubies and Diamonds to remember Liz, I had an idea and spritzed them together..
PHOOAA! really impressed, they beautifully complemented and tempered eachother!
If you own these two please give it a try and inbox me your feelings!

marie82
marie82

one of my all time faves. Reminds of talcum powder for some reason! Not offensive or too strong in any way, just a gorgeous feminine smell. You could wear it anywhere and its perfect for work because no one would hate it. The only down side to it is that it doesn't last long :( If you wear it on a night out you have to re-apply it after a couple of hours and considering the price you would think it would last longer. Also reminds me of Chanel Allure but The One isn't as OTT.

isi
isi

He leído muchísimas opiniones positivas sobre este perfume, por lo que me anime a probarlo y en un primer momento me gusto mucho, sin embargo al transcurrir los minutos fue cambiando hasta que se me hizo desagradable olerlo en mi piel, cambio totalmente. Me siento hasta culpable por no poder compartir una opinión favorable de este perfume. Definitivamente no es para mí, ni es lo que esperaba.

I have read many positive reviews on this perfume, so it encouraged me to try and at first I really liked, but the passage was changing the minutes until I was unpleasant smell in my skin, completely changed. I feel guilty for not being able to share a positive view of this perfume. Definitely not for me, not what I expected.

Matin
Matin

The one is a perfume that hits from the first moment, fruity blend of fantastic and attractive output is nice, modern, fruity fragrance , very chic, with a fresh and sweet at once. And the great background, and lost lasting. A fragrance that stands out.
However, when you use it for a while, at least in my case just throwing in need of something, a part is too recognizable and common so even if at first I liked, I have not buy it.
I think that is one of those perfumes that smell in people (that-smell!) and said: UHHHM !!! the one, but nothing more.

Perhaps it was the moment : (

Ohkit
Ohkit

An amazing perfume, unforgettable and addictive. It smells like honey, spices and vanilla on my skin. I don't get any floral notes, nothing playful or sugary about it. More Giselle Bundchen than Scarlett Johansson:)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

The One's olfactive group is somehow confusing to me as there is hardly anything oriental about it.
To me it is balancing in between floral and floral green group.
It is likeable but I was expecting something memorable, perhaps something that would make this fragrance truly THE ONE to me.
The One is all about litchi, jasmine and lily of the valley on a hazelnut-alike base.
No peach, no plum, no vanilla.
The One is rather a mature fragrance that would appeal to mature, elegant ladies.
Personally, I am not that fond of it and my husband's association when smelling it was that of smelling a quality hairspray. A quality, but still, hairspray.
Well, I have no intention to smell like this, that is why I am leaving my The One bottle for later. I will allow it to hibernate in my wardrobe for few weeks and when I come back to it after that time, I may possibly change my mind.
For the time being - I am so not wearing it.

Juma
Juma

Definitely not unique one, The One, there is lot scents similar to it.
After one hour it chokes me with chemical smell, I am totally disappointed.
At same time I tested J.P.G. Madam- black one, and I felt same...it has to me my body chemistry not to stand them.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

Soft and nice, but definitely not unique. Fruity in the opening, it lingers on my skin with a soft musky vanilla in the dry down. Good for daytime, good for work, not offensive at all.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Sadly, it's not "the one", it's only "one of them".

When The One first came out, I was dying to try it. The name, the gorgeous sleek bottle -a perfume should definitely look like this...- and D&G's reputation got me all excited, I was thinking finally I was going to have that "One Perfume". However, I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I tried it. It was all about a burst of citrus garden fruits at first, then really ugly something, then soft and a little bit of something beautiful, then quite repulsive again and then a nicer dry down... The ficklest fragrance I've ever sniffed, I was like "Hmm, it's good, I guess..." at first and then five minutes later I was saying "Ughh this is horrific...". I was disappointed so I kept well away from The One for years since then.

A few days ago however, I was trying out some perfumes and I don't know what urged me but I wanted to try The One once more. Sprayed it on the arm of my coat and on my wrist. At first, it was nothing special, just a burst of fizzy fruits. But then it turned into an incredibly sweet, soft, nice and catchy scent that I kept sniffing my coat all the way back home and even when it was hung on the hanger :) Though I must say it's not ground breaking or surprising or unique by any means. It's just soft and nice. Very nice. But that's all to it. I'm still on the lookout for "The One Perfume".

mediterranean
mediterranean

I can smell peach,vanilla and jasmin clearly here.It is a lovely perfume,probably one of the best vanillas out there.Great for winter.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Not bad, I like it. I don't love it but I like smelling it as long as I am not wearing it myself. It is too sweet for me to wear. I prefer Rose The One.

beatrix75

i havet my opinion before but now completly i change becoze on me its smell great and fabulos its a superb creation as all the D&G i take bak the farmaceutic smell vhat i wreated before abouth the One no no no its just great beautiful fragrance sweet and creamy very good ,modern long lasting fume!!!

miZZpuRRfect

i like this very mutch ! it's delicious and very promising fruity and syrupy at the top, then it becomes smoother and creamy, those hints of powdery white petals and sweet-sour succulent plum paired with nice vanilla trails, warmed up with a subtle musk base.

this isn t any risk to be overbaring at all.... i sillage very nice while it lasts... considered to spray it on clothes and hair to have better staying power.
on my skin about 5 hours only... and this is edp! from an edp i expect not having to reapply during the day. too bad at this point but anyway such a great fragrance which can easely distinct from others due its top- and heartaroma. less the drydown - it's sweet and foody but nothing unique though...

add. note: i decided that this one is way too sweet for me and normally i love sweetness but this one is just too mutch for me. it lacks of something calming down or diffusing the sweetness. the longer i wear it the longer it disturbs me to smell like a burned-sugar-stick... can t explain otherwise.

love the add with Giselle Buenchen. the perfume smells indeed like she could smell - sometimes... xD

mjb28
mjb28

Very Interesting scent! It is deep and long lasting. I'm satisfied! ;)
But if you happen to try "Rose the One" they have a big similaries upon the opening of the scent. Only this, is with vanilla, a bit sweet.
I find "The One" sexy, modern, glamourous, warm without being cloying. It evokes an exploding femininity creating a distinct, audacious signature. I love it's drydown, it is beautiful warmth of vanilla and sweetened ambery-musk notes that is never over powering.
This scent is so delicious. I kept sniffing myself all day long. I finally found "the one"!!! Highly recommended!

beatrix75

it is very good but surprize-i feel in the the end something medical or i dont know but leather he becam much strong and yea medical smell like farmaceutic

hapa
hapa

This was received as a Christmas gift and will more than likely be repurchased in the future.

The fragrance is very different from the bottle. The bottle screams big, classic and probably something your mother would wear but it is something entirely different inside. (Quite frankly having Scarlett Johansson with all her bustiness and sultry looks replete with red lips is a bit misleading for anadvertising campaign with a fragrance like this.) There is a very gentle sweetness to this fragrance with the lychee and peach mingling with the rose and lily notes. The result is soft but consistent in its delivery, which is inviting but in an innocent way. I'm drawn to this fragrance because it is fresh and clean but without smelling like soap. It is floral but without smelling like a flower shop and is sweet without the annoying sugar high so many fragrances tend to induce.

If you're looking for something uber sexy and seductive like Angel, Lolita Lempicka, etc., you will not be impressed with this fragrance. If, however, you're looking for something appropriate for work, school, after work drinks, you will find this fragrance reassuring because it will allow you the ritual of applying the scent but without the worry of feeling you have overdone it. Or are wearing something terribly inappropriate.

lizaan
lizaan

I looove these type of scents! Warm, fruity and floral all at the same time. This is one of my most sensual scents. Even though I'm not one to use fragrance that much after seasons this one I rarely use during summer, It's more of a autumn/winter fragrance.

feeg

I'm using my 2.-nd bottle while having Dior Addict since Christmas :) I got compliments from many people. Its great for evening for summer for any occasion. It's sweet but not too much 'cause it's soft and bit freshy. I love it and all my friends knew me under this fragrance! If I wouldn't be that kind of person who'd need to change perfume after some period I'd use it for sure with 3.-rd bottle...But probably get back to this one buing 3-rd bottle after 2 years :) ! It lasts really long time it's a good quality perfume that I didnt find in Versaces...

Saintkitty
Saintkitty

I bought The One body lotion and took few testers of this perfume. I found it very similar to my Flora by Gucci EDP, but without citruses in the opening. The same soft and weak scent. Both got very poor lasting power and very classy heavy bottles with golden lids (it really misleads me, because this posh bottles makes people think that it's a fragrances for special occations).
I don't like The One because it's extremly soapy (smells like an expencive soap on me). I can wear it only as a bedtime fragrance or afterbath fragrance.
The One is quite popular in my city, three of my closest friends wear it. I appreciate their choise, but will never buy The One for myself.

mulan
mulan

D&G The One is literally the one. Unique, elegant, seductive. Like it says it is for atractive self-confident woman who knows what she wants. And yeah guys love it <3<3

aelias
aelias

It's a very appealing floral, but it is just not that interesting. But, it's a very safe choice, and it is far better than the rose version.

peeachediva
peeachediva

I was really amazed at how beautiful this scent was on me. From what I saw of the notes, I thought that I wold be deluged with the scent of the Jasmine. For some reason, when perfumes contain a jasmine note, the Jasmine will scream with my chemistry. What I think actually tamed the Jasmine was the Lily factor.
Interestingly enough when I think of Lily, I think of the strong Lily that I smell around Easter. In some there is a sweetness that is not cloying in the same way that tuberose is, but has some of the sweetness that one would find in tuberose.

OK, more about THE ONE'. I definitely would not consider it fruity as some of the previous critiques have mentioned, but once again, it is my chemistry to which I refer, so either way it was a pleasant surprise.

Interestingly enough, when I first put it on, it actually smells closer to ROSE on me, similar to some of thee sweeter rose smells that have a slight pepper contour to them.
I have to say I really like it. The vanilla and amber really give it a nice rounded quality.
If I am looking to wear something feminine without being girly-girly, this is definitely a scent that I will keep in my collection for those special moods.

ecpkngt
ecpkngt

Smells like summer to me, not in a sunscreeny way but like cool sand and the clear sea and the breeze through sunlit coastal trees and blossoms...

I don't find it very sweet and I'm not a big fan of sweet. My impression is of light with a little warmth, a hint of something golden and not-quite-spicy that sits nicely on my skin. A scent just feminine enough in a way that isn't trying too hard. Makes me feel like a coolly sexy woman, the sort that travels alone and might be found relaxing in linen on some shaded patio surrounded by green fronds and white blossoms and the sound of water. Walking the streets of Sevilla in a white dress in the evening. The men she does business with talk about her scent after she leaves.

It goes everywhere. Professional enough for work, yet with a definite underlying sensuality. I tried to make it my signature summer scent, but it's really become my all-the-time go-to.

charlottesmom

This is my 3rd attempt at reviewing The One, my last two reviews landed goodness knows where! I'll sum up incase this review decided to not show up also...I love this stuff!!! I just need to be very light handed in application or I get a major headache. I apply with a Q-tip that I've sprayed once then apply lightly to my wrists, in between my breasts, behind my ears and near my belly button....perfect! I can smell it wafting around me all day, it's a long lasting perfume even if not applied heavy handidly. Yummy stuff!

lm431
lm431

Safe, fruity floral. Easy everyday scent in the colder months for an office, but I still think there are better out there.

For me, vanilla dominates in the base. Sillage is good, but this is no cheap celebrity fragrance.

I believe D&G wanted a perfume that no one could really dislike. I think they achieved that, but lacks the sucker punch to turn this from an average to a good perfume.

In my opinion, too safe, a bit boring.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Nice, pleasant perfume. Suitable for all occasions; work, school, evening out. This would be a safe gift for any woman. Sillage and lasting power is average.
Don't love it or hate it, it's merely ok.

lilou
lilou

My husband wore The One for men. I loved this woody smell. So I purchased The One for women : when I tested it at the shop I immediately loved it. It was modern and sweet, seductive. But at home, after a few hours, all these nice scents vanished : the lasting power is not so good and I was very disappointed.But The One is still among my favorites.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

I don´t know why, but on me, The One keeps giving me this weird hint, sort of metallic, a strange sourness like a mix of coriander or another herb,Sad cause I LUUUV it on others,such an opulent and warm concoction!! Guess my body chemistry curses me on this one...
......................................................
No sé porqué , pero en mi, The One se mantiene aportanto esta rara estela, como metálica,una extraña acidez como una mezcla de cilantro y otra hierba, es triste porque amo percibirlo en otros, que elixir tan opulento y cálido. Imagino que mi química corporal me maldice en este...

saint_alison
saint_alison

This is lovely but by the time the top note is gone, it smells just like Fancy by Jessica Simpson - on my skin anyway. I do own Fancy and I like it... so no point in buying this one too. Give Fancy a sniff if you fall inlove with this.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Crisp, warm, golden, fresh & fruity vanilla. It smells just like its shiny gold color. A beautiful honey creamy vanilla! Yum!

My only complaint is it doesn't last on my skin. L'eau The one does a better job, so I bought that one instead.

merlin
merlin

Well... As I said several times ...Im not a huge fan of oriental floral perfumes.... Buth this one rocks... Omg.... Its soooo warm without being spicy or sweet candyish sugary like other perfumes maded those days .
It reminds me of honey. Yes honey...blended with yasmine and mandarine orange ...

Its simple...yet very unusual. It makes feel sexy and bold

Perfect for cold winter days and for 25+ years old ladies.

Great lasting power on me...and great sillage

RoRoSe

This is a very soft and class smell ,, it's really the one of all d&g perfumes that you can buy without thinking :)
but i wish if it had stronger lasting power..

edit : liked the advertisement alot ,, i love gezelle ..

greek_goddes

I love The one!!! One of my favorite perfumes!
I'm one the second bottle even though it is too expensive.
Men love it! So many compliments!
Elegant, sexy, feminine, words are not enough to describe it!
At first it's peachy and fruity.
Then it is more floral and at the end you will love the vanilla!
Staying power is great.
It is a really unique scent, famous among the women!
A real masterpiece for your collection!

IngeJP
IngeJP

It smells delicious on someone else, but unfortunately not on me :-)
It tends to leave a slightly smell of like "make up powder" on my skin, a scent i do not prefer to have on me all day.

njbutterfly
njbutterfly

Warm, rich and sexy. Good staying power on me. A bit citrusy tart at first, then becomes sweeter. But not sugary sweet. Ambery dry down. Great for cooler weather.

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

I had a sample of L'eau The One Edt and found something watery banana in there that I liked, so decided to check it out in a store. They didn't hav it but suggested I try The One instead and against better judgment I bought this in a version with a way too heavy purse size refill with four vials.

It took me a long while to decide to like The One and probably the main reaon is that the name "The One" to me is so much the opposite of my perseption of the scent - it's so anonumous! One Of Them might be more descriptive ;) Bad me.

It is, however, a really high quality scent, well balanced, warm and luxurious, versatile, classy, modern, reliable, safe. But not very interesting. And a bit heavy on the vanilla maybe.

Maybe it's worth noting that this scent actually tastes good! Most I've tried taste bitter or something if you manage to get a bite of the air while spraying or licking yor wrist.. The One tastes really great and flowery :) *checks INTIMATE box* The L'eau didn't taste half as good .. for what it's worth hehe

e_negrau
e_negrau

It is a gentle,warm and sensual oriental floral based on vanilla, a perfume for special occasions, a luxurious evening perfume. In my opinion, the vanilla should be hidden better between the other notes, for a more versatile effect.

While testing some womens scents and getting some soaked scent strips for review fodder, my fave frag counter- girl and I were discussing what cloying means...she grabbed the One and sprayed it on paper and said "This, to me is cloying...", I disagree (and promptly snatched and bagged the strip and sprayed the other two for testing and reviews)...cloying to me is so sweet and heavy you can't smell anything else, and this is not that at all...

This does begin on a sweet fruity blend of lychee(lite and sweet), mandarin and bergamot(fresh, tart and zesty) and peach(smooth and juicy), but I do not find it too sweet at all; it is rather refreshing and succulent. The heart of lovely lilies mixed with a dark plum note is wonderful and the green muguet and soft sexy jasmine only add to the allure and charisma of this luxurious juice. The drydown could be manly, if it weren't for all those fruits and flowers floating around in the mix, instead it gives it an oriental musky amber glow with the woody vetiver donating a faint earthiness and vanilla shining over them all. Cloying? To some maybe, to me: a real winner and it gets better the longer it's worn!

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 3.75/5

I love The One for Men and this is a beautiful consort to that scent, well balanced and rich. D&G really outdid themselves on this line and though I often tire quickly of flankers, the scents that accompany these are all nice and I would reccomend them to anyone who likes an elegant and well-made perfume...

araaustria
araaustria

got this perfume last year, it was my very first perfume. very elegant, sophisticated and so sexy.
THE ONE - like it
THE ONE ROSE - love it

Belle de la nuit
Belle de la nuit

THE ONE is beautiful to behold and I adored the scent for the bottle itself.It's lasting power is incredible about 4-6 hours. Upon initial contact, THE ONE smells like a very fragrant pink rose, not artificial at all, resembling the living flower...rose indeed is not a not a note but this is what I get... images of a young woman in a Summer garden, filled with roses, dreaming of the man who has captured her heart. Later, the scent morphs...it is a deeply feminine, soft-spoken but omnipresent vanilla and vetiver concoction.It is warmer, richer somehow...not at all innocent though beautiful nonetheless... It takes me to the fireplace and brings my lover close to me...

rrrachlynne
rrrachlynne

I bought this after smelling it in a mag. and was highly disappointed. It didn't smell good on me at all! Lucky, it smells wonderful on my mother. This is such a beautiful perfume. So lush& rich& warm. It seems like a very... womanly fragrance. You can definitely smell vanilla, but it's made more exotic by the other notes swirled around. This is def. something everyone should try on& think about buying! Perfect for evening wear, it's so sensual. I'm just mad it didn't smell right on me!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

The One by D&G is perfectly stunning!

The litchi in the opening notes is quite detectable, very delicious; The vinilla can be catched all the time, that makes it so warm. I think this is the most feminie one among my collections. I'm really intoxicated with it !!

PS: the bottle is good crafted with thick glass, it has class.

Christal
Christal

i really like this scent,i used for a whole summer!you can absolutely recognize vanilla base note at the first sniff!.but to be honest,i dont know if there was an issue with my skin,but i cant used it at the very warm days of summer..whatever its a sensual,lovely and special fragrance..''the one''

midsummer
midsummer

I mostly like my perfumes to remind me of places, not people - but The One is definitely a scent that has a distinct personality.

The One is a girl with a pout. At first, she seems demanding in a sexy way. . . but as time goes on, she starts to get a little. . . annoying.

The scent never changes on my skin. It starts sweet and stays that way (I think NZsarah was dead-on about the caramel).

While I find this to be pretty and sexy at first, it's just too one-note for me.

Mitzy
Mitzy

I think that it is all about skin . On me it is very long lasting, from 8 to 10 hours... I love this perfume, believe it suits my skin perfectly! I do smell it on many woman and just to a few of them i could tell that smell super, on others it's just didn't smell as good as it should. I find in it some extraordinary notes (maybe mix of litchi and peach + something)that make me sniffing my self non stop... And it doesn't give me a headache and don't think it can be overpowering by any chance on me. Beautiful, special, sweet and sexy smell, but only on right skin.

NZsarah
NZsarah

I smelt this today and all I could smell was caramel - I know thats not in the description and no one else has said it on here but it is seriously all I could smell! Which I liked haha but am I the only one who thinks this....?

ghostie
ghostie

Me again to chime in on the "not lasting" comment I previously made. The first bottle of this was a gift and The One has just been launched. I thought, Maybe the problem is only with this bottle. So when it was gone, I bought a bottle for myself. Same thing! I spray it on, and it's gone. I mean almost immediately gone.
I also wondered if perhaps my nose is just insensitive in some way to this particular perfume (although I have no problem with any others and love perfumes like most women love shoes). But I have asked people if they can smell it on my neck or my wrist and the answer is always NO. Makes me so sad, because the little whiff I get when I first apply it is SOOOOOOO heavenly.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

This was a dissapointment coming from Dolce & Gabanna.Cause Light blue is one of my favorites.Smelt ok in the magazine sample.But went to Macy's to really give it a try.It reminded me of some vapor rub or tiger balm..Something for joint pain. Not for me.

Sveta666
Sveta666

I tried the One in Macys and was so impressed! So warm, cozy and yummy scent. It wasn't on sale that day, so I bought couple of samples on the Internet. Started to use and... coudn't stand it. Way to sweet and the scent didn't developed in anything else, stayed the same for hours and hours and hours. Maybe it's my skin, but for my taste it's just flat and boring. There no intrique in this perfume. As you can imagine I didn't buy the whole bottle, which is very stylish by the way:-) I don't smell in this perfume anything except lichi for the first minute (which I love) and a lots of vanilla and something else, probably, corn syrup, - for the rest of the time. Where is my favorite bergamot and mandarin orange? Again, maybe it's just me and my skin chemistry killed the perfume.

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

I was pretty disappointed with this. Its a lovely smell, but I really thought it was going to be amazing. I wanted something to replace my Narciso Rodriguez for Her. Its a very golden fragrance,perfect for the evening, but it doesn't make me say "this is the one!"
A little update,everyone seems to have this fragrance, so dont get it if you want to smell special. Thats why I like to get fragrances from other countries, that way I dont get recognized. Just a neurotic trait of mine!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

A very boring caramel drenched fragrance that smells like ten others. Gourmand notes are becoming so ubiquitous in contemporary perfumes that I can only conclude they must be cheap to simulate, ergo, this smells cheap.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

the one smells like a birthday party with heavily frosted cake and shiny paper. it feels very simple and nice, but i just think there is something missing. a kick of tuberose or spice might have helped in my case.

Rouu
Rouu

warm and sensual thats my 1st impression.. so warm fragrance, sharp at 1st .. the Oriental note declare itself clearly at the 1st note, then it turns to sweet,warm,flowery .. mandarin ,peach amazing note .. the mid-note is great

my favorite is the base note HOW SWEET !!! its more than sweet, pure sweetness with musky,vanilla,amber note agreat mix of oriental cents in asweet look its really agreat fragrance , so feminine ..

fragrance that say um special .. day,night,cold, hot !! its a perfume that suits and act perfectly whenever u use it

Nadinka
Nadinka

I love this scent, for me the two most prominent notes in this one are lychee in the top notes and vanilla in the dry down. I don't find this perfume particularly complex as the scent barely changes at all as it moves through the layers but i do think it smells wonderful. It also has amazing lasting power, anything more than one to two sprays does overpower though so beware. My only problem is that its initial intense sweetness gives me a little bit of a headache if the weather is not cold enough. I would classify this as a romantic night/ winter scent/

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Just bought this one. One spray and the scent is nice, soft, sweet and delicious. Nothing extra ordinary. It stays close to the skin. Little bit of fruits with soft vanilla. I could wear this daytime too. The bottle is quite luxurious.

Edit. I was wearing this again yesterday and absolutly loved it! A beautiful, yummy, cozy, sexy scent and lasts on my skin for hours and hours! I agree with my earlier comment that this is nothing extra ordinary, but still everything I just said. If that makes any sense! :D

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

Sweet heaven of vanilla, caramel and fruits. Makes me think of winter afternoons, when I would curl up in the corner with a cup of tea, blanket and chocolate chip cookies. Warm but also elegant and seductive at the same time. Good for a going-out fragrance. I think every man would love his girlfriend to smell like this. It's simply delicious.

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

This parfume truly deserve its name,The One is like noone else frag,and that makes it so speacial for me,its warm,very powdery scent on my skin,it is really strange parfume,but I love it exactly for that :)

LadyNatalie
LadyNatalie

I loooove this smell, is so seductive!!
This a thick fragrance, suitable for winter, special ocassions. When i tried this i felt delicious and sexy. It maybe for woman in their 30s but i like it.
I smell chocolate/vanilla, musk, florals, oriental, misterious.
The one, d & g, is one of the most sexys parfums ive smelled!

miszliz
miszliz

i always liked it on my friend
but when she stopped wearing it one day
she had a way too vanila smell on her
and it was the one again!
that time it made me sick somehow

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

The One is a very sweet floral vanilla on my skin. I get lots of peach, plum and lily in the first thirty minutes of wear.

The vanilla in The One's dry down is heavy and sweet. It's not a boozy vanilla note, but rather it's more like vanilla cake, or even vanilla frosting-ish, than a vanilla extract scent. On my skin, the lily notes play faintly in the background in the dry down, and I smell the musk too, which adds depth to the scent.

The One is a comforting scent, but only when applied sparingly. More than just one light spray makes The One overwhelming, headache-inducing, and can even make me nauseous. But with a delicate application, it's a comforting Oriental Vanilla.

This perfume is definitely for night and cool weather wear. It's far too heavy and rich for the office, or for wear in the summer heat.

movs
movs

I have already written one review of The One describing it as a romantic nice scent but unfortunately very vague. I deleted the review because a colleague of mine was wearing heavy doses of the fragrance. It smelled like a dessert with too much vanilla and lemon. It was so nauseating to every other person. I had to put it on the "don't like" list.

I decided to give it another chance because I couldn't really believe that such a volatile perfume could be so suffocating.
Once again I get a vague scent of vanilla and citrus. Very nice and "cosy". Something to wear in front of the fireplace on a cold day with the one you love.
In very small doses I find it quite delicate. But be careful, as it can become queasy instead.

In 3 words: PIE-LIKE - COSY - CLOYING

D&G THE ONE is a smooth, subtle, and safe vanilla scent. Yes, there are a few accoutrements, a bit of citrus in the brief opening, a touch of floral garnish, a very light layer of amber-musk in the drydown, but ultimately this is a not-too-sweet white and creamy vanilla fragrance not unlike many others available today.

THE ONE does not stand out to my nose as novel or daring, but given their choice of face, Gisele Bundchen (a former Victoria's Secret model), D&G was probably aiming for VS types, who like nice things but are not usually revolutionaries!

THE ONE is a tasteful blend that is entirely pleasing to wear and inoffensive to those in the environs, as the sillage is rather weak. Anyone who likes fine vanilla scents would appreciate THE ONE, but THE ONE is not unique.

chelle2513
chelle2513

I received this perfume today in the mail from a wonderful member, thanks so much:) And I really really like it alot. I have been wearing it for about 6 hours now, and I can still smell it, so I think it lasts quite well. I don't smell many of the flowers in the middle notes, which is great for me, since I don't really like flowery scents. I do smell the citrus when it is first sprayed, and on me, it dries down quickly and I smell the base notes for hours, which I love! We are snowed in here today, and it smells so warm and cozy. This is one of my favorites and I love it!

guest_Yuck
guest_Yuck

This smells exactly like Black Pearls from Elizabeth Taylor. Paying all this money for a scent that has already been done and it stinks!

Mentirosa
Mentirosa

This is a totally unique purfume. Smells really soffisticated and expensive.
Lasts a long time and projects fairly well.

I wear it on special occasions.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I bought this the first week that it came out... I thought it smelled like a nice sophisticated grown-up scent full of vanilla, citruses, plum and a lil spice...
I was right, HOWEVER, it just wasnt worth the $82+tax I paid at Nordstroms for it. While it did smell lush and expensive it had the lasting power well beneath a dollar store body spray... By the 3rd day I had already used 25% of the bottle... Needless to say I made another trip to Nordstroms for a refund...

naleiarenee
naleiarenee

I puchased this on a whim based on reviews and a strip sample and now that I'm actually wearing this its taking some getting used to ! At first it goes on strong and loud and most of all very sweet.Lasting power seems good since I've been wearing for 4 hrs now.There is alot of depth and personality to this perfume.On first touching my skin,I almost wanted to shower.Considering returning ,but it is growing on me,literally ! Mixing with my chemistry making me feel sexy and confident.Unfortunately,I do not get any fruit on my skin.Its as if the middle notes never present themselves and it skips from top to the bottom.I only am getting alot of amber and vanilla for the most part.I can't yet say if this is a keeper or not.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

A well made oriental vanilla.on me peach jasmine plum vanilla.love it.romantic and sexy.

c3c
c3c

I have L'eau the One and have been waiting to try The One to compare. They are almost identical (both wonderful) except L'eau the One is just a tiny bit softer. I have a full bottle of L'eau so I'm glad I only picked up a mini of The One. Very soft and warm. Fabulous scents, both of them!

Strange that this is clearly an oriental, but it is such a light and sheer one that I can hardly call it such. There is a weighted base of plum and vanilla/amber that traditionally denotes an oriental fragrance, but they are so deftly handled here that they balance the top notes without dragging the composition down. Lychee is slightly fizzy, smoothly blended with the peach,though both notes are clearly discernible. I smell none of the jasmine or muguet, and the vetiver is also so sparingly used that it harmonizes rather than announces itself. Overall a very well-made scent. Soft and ladylike, this strikes me as being formal while not being black-tie. Perhaps a bridal scent, or a tea party scent.

The One does mellow into a warm and pleasant oriental floral, however I can't say that I was blown over backwards by its uniqueness. The jasmine, lily and plum are pretty and certainly wearable, the most pleasant aspect of this fragrance so far.

The drydown isn't bad either, the vanilla brings back an element of syrupy sweetness which made me cringe at first but it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. I'll give credit to this fragrance for its excellent sillage and lasting power and its sensuality and creaminess. It is unfortunate that the scent doesn't appeal to my nose.

StephD
StephD

This scent is so beautiful and sophisticated. Probably too old for me... I wonder if I can pull it off, with the base notes of vanilla? Neverthelss, I wear it when I am alone at home, and the smell is soo rounded out, and it just gets better as time goes by. Definately for a woman who wants to turn heads.

Kristel
Kristel

The One symbolizes the very essence of luxury. The fragrance is every inch a diva, precious, sparkling scent. Love it. Very feminine and beautiful smell.

_lolita_
_lolita_

i can´t believe how long lasting this perfume is. i put it on yesterday morning and still can smell it around me today.
the fragrance itself is very refined, ladylike and creamy. but imo it does not represent a soft and gentle kind of feminity but a strong confident one.
everytime i try to sniff its scent on my skin i am not able to catch any of the notes, but it is the sillage i can smell very explicitly. the one seems like an fragrant aura.
not too extraordinary but very beautifully done - you can´t go wrong with it.

Kittycat
Kittycat

I smell the peach, the plum, the lily and the vanilla and this is a great combination. I like it very much.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Velvety, sweet, powdery....very feminine...very long lasting, great sillage also...
I like it :)

Used to bring me compliments ! I don't wear it often , just in the fall- winter time, every now and then...bcz it is pretty strong and kind of heavy !
Must be used with a light hand !

On my skin it smells a bit like green tea initially. It develops into a warm fragrance which is long lasting and it isn't fruity on me at all. It is definitely an evening wear perfume, not ideal for everyday unless you are a glitzy, diamond necklaces to the supermarket type of gal ;).
I have smelled it on other people and I noticed that on one person it smelled overly floral, while on another person it actually smelled metallic - which was very off-putting!

chanteuse
chanteuse

I was given this scent by my bf who loves it. I didn't like it at first. To me it smelled only of rose, a deep, creamy, powdery rose, which isn't a note. Then I began to understand a little of its complexities and some lingering warmth.It smells a bit old fashioned and youthful at the same time. It is like falling in love with someone you've known for a long time but never considered until in them more than others, you discover something of the extraordinary. The One is a delicate scent and does not sway from its character, though to me it is still a rose by many other notes...

sky76sky
sky76sky

My first impression is how beautifully understated, silken & creamy The One is. It somehow reminds me of those delicately scented dry body oils that contain flecks of real gold: pure luxury.

The One is sweet but not heavy or heady, it is long-lasting, substancial yet light & almost transparent, hovering above the skin, blessing your nose with sensual butterfly kisses. The notes I instantly detect are peach, lily, vetiver & vanilla. I am aware of a deeper warmer fruitiness after half an hour (a very light plum) & the last gasps are of a buttery amber.

The blending is quietly masterful - all the corners have been rounded off & sanded down so that you are left with a smooth, velvety scent that is ultra-creamy with one of the nicest, quietest vanilla bases I have sampled. The One reminds me a little of the original Burberry for women - & perhaps a lighter, young & fruity, lithe cousin of Lalique le parfum.

The best thing about The One is how well it matches every occasion. It is a cashmere jumper over your dog-walking jeans, kid leather gloves to finish off your work suit, a fine silk chiffon stole over your ball dress, a feather stroke over your naked body.

There will never be only "One" for me, but it is straight onto my 'must have' list. If you want sophisticated, warm & creamy, this is it.

Amanda79
Amanda79

The One wasn't love at first smell. On paper it seemed light, pleasant and soft. It reminded me of innocent flowers with a touch of vanilla and fruits. Something about it kept me coming back for another sniff every time I went to the store. Luckily, I became so intrigued by the subtle notes I broke down on a whim and bought this for my birthday.

First off, the paper sample does not give this perfume justice! Its like reading the first and last page of a book and having no idea of the true contents inside. Once this touches skin it bursts with juicy, mouth watering fruits and endless depth. It really is "golden". That is just not found on a paper strip!

I'll tell you what I smell and it may be odd.. I smell bananas, plums, creamy vanilla, marshmallows, lilies and the most gorgeous golden amber. Despite what I smell it manages to refrain from the overly sweet "gourmand" category. The One is romantic, soothing, breezy, warm, tender and elegant..

The One caresses the skin like a loving delicate hug. Just when I think its gone I get wafts of smell seeping through my sweater like a heavenly cloud following me around. I'm like "mmmm where is that great smell coming from" and I realize its me! I find the silage and lasting power to be perfect. I love how it melts into the skin like a warm blanket. The name "The One" fits perfectly. It wears with YOU!

taydev

im starting not to like this one. the drydown smells ok, its soft and close to the skin but the initial spray and the first 20 minutes are beginning to make me sick. this fragrance just feels and smells 'empty'. no depth to it. makes my stomach turn for wutever reason. Damn it smelled so good on paper!

PORSCHA
PORSCHA

I love the bergamont, mandarin & vanilla notes in this scent. It's a gorgeous scent. It's definetaly a very unique and modern perfume. It doesn't stay on for very long on me though..I prefer wearing this one in the cooler months.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

This was one of my first buys on Fragrantica! After reading all the reviews I just had to try it. My first impression is deep dark vanilla (which I truly like). I also get some chocolate (another favorite scent of mine). At first try, I was excited and liked what I was smelling. Half an hour later, I had the beginnings of an awful migraine. I thought oh well, the migraine must've been coming on beforehand. I seriously had to take a shower to get it off. I decided to try it two more times just to make sure. The next time I tried it, same thing got a major migraine. Ok, I'm brave! About two weeks later it was time for my third try. Same thing. There's something to the strength or ingredients that doesn't work on me as much as I've tried. Sorry DG The One! I wanted to love you!

mandi
mandi

this perfume is truly beautiful. it's top notes smell very similiar to dolce and gabbana pour femmme but the dry down is different (i think better. the vanilla comes true but it is not an artificial vanilla but rather a rich earthy vanilla.

everytime i wear this fragrance i get a boost of confidence cause i know i smell wonderful.

i started wearing less than a month ago and it has already become my signature scent replacing organza by givenchy (which i love but can no longer wear because it (organza) triggers painful memories).

onheels
onheels

When I first smelled this in the store I thought it was heavenly! Very unique perfume that smelled a bit like chewing gum. But when I started using it, the smell irritated me more and more.
I got such a headache from it!

Also.. This is a really common scnet.I smell it everywhere when I'm downtown .. And I must admit that I have such bad experience with this perfume, that if I smell it now, I get bloody sick! :(

alef
alef

It is the perfume I trust for business meetings. It is feminine but not over-daring. Definitely classy. Leaves behind the nice scent of a scarf fallen down of a beautiful woman's neck:)

taydev

finally decided to spray it on after only smellig it on paper. of course the scent is different on skin. i got a warm vanilla musk scent with a spicyness to it. over all its ok. dont love it or hate it and would only wear it during the fall/winter months especially at nite.

zvoncica
zvoncica

The top notes are luxuriant fruity, dominated by peach. I didnt catch the citrus hint. Jasmine and lily are intense, rapidly following the start of this assembly.

Serenity comes with vanilla whiff, bringing indulgent murmur to the user.

The One is wearable, modern and sexy scent. Strength is average and long lasting, provides pleasant fragrance without enforcing itself to others.

For my taste is a bit to sweet, and vanilla shaded.

But, as I hear people love him. Why? Has a metropolis aura.

kylexora
kylexora

Simply classy. i wear it on my cousin wedding and i got compliments from relatives. they say this is A-Class perfume... i'll definitely keep a bottle everytime.. it smell just nice, sweet, but not typical sweet..it's a classy sweet.. get one, you never regret it.

Flybethy
Flybethy

I just cannot see what the fuss is about with this at all. It seems very ordinary to me. I wore it for two solid weeks trying to find the secret of it, and it was either so well hidden I didn't get the clues, or it doesn't exist. Two weeks and not one single "You smell nice!" is both money and time wasted. Instead of the One, I got one of a thousand similar.

mean_kitty
mean_kitty

i definetelly must try it again because when i first tried it i was looking to buying a present for somebody and i smelled soooo many parfums.... but i remember that this was the only i liked. It is nice not very heavy for my nose and i generally love oriental parfums so this may become one of my favorites.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I actually like this scent alot. It opens up as a spicy but somehow peachy scent. Then it remains spicy on me but somehow you can smell vanilla. But it's a very discret vanilla that sneaks around in the background. Not overly sweet or cheap smelling. The lasting power is really good and the dry down is really soft and I can clearly smell plum.

Cleme86
Cleme86

I had to promote this fragrance in a shop when it was released here in Italy and i hated it! I thought it was the same cheap perfume with a nice label. But now i really like it! You just have to wear it for a few hours to get the real scent.. When sprayed on you can really smell just alcohol!

swedeangel
swedeangel

Wonderful! Modern,fresh,peachy and classy. Wears down to a powdernyness i dont usually like,but here its not to powdery . This one is the one - with class!

blueberrypie
blueberrypie

Am I the only one to smell white chocolat in this? No fruits, no flowers, just sweet white chocolat. Not that I'm complaining mind you, I *love* it! One of the best gourmands I ever smelt, even if it wasn't made with that purpose. =D

sjanira
sjanira

I love it! it's soft, sweet and classy. Very mellow scent that last quite long. Lets just say its one of those fragrances where you don't have to put your wrist close to your nose to smell it. Through out the day you keep getting this soft beautiful scent, like a breeze passing you by. The bottle is gorgeous and simple.

Malegria
Malegria

This fragrance is ...pure luxury. Warm, captivating,golden shimmer. Minks on alabaster shoulders, precious stones.It has a little bit of nuveau riche aura to it - may be too colorful, it is like a bird of paradise with an outstanding plumage...I noticed that The One reminds different people of different perfumes. For me it is Red Moscow, only more refined, tamed and primped.
I love the bottle, too - it is nice and heavy, reminds me of a bottles with expensive cognac.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I tested "The One" at a store the other day, and was a bit unimpressed, it Seemed a bit plain at first. Then, while driving home a bit later, I kept smelling this warm but fresh vanilla/skin scent....I traced it back to my own arm, where I had spritzed "The One". Hmmm, Nice! Nothing more, nothing less....just "nice". Might be good for casual, when you want to smell nice, but not make a statement. Who am I kidding.....I always want to make a statement! I'd wear it if I got it as a gift, but I probably wouldn't buy it myself, just not special enough for me.

A lighter, sweeter Hanae Mori; Soft, pretty, inoffensive fruity floral. Dry down is much too sweet on my skin and gets up my nose with musky vanilla. Nice on others, awful on me. Goes on pretty, though: just doesn't last that way.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Like the woman that wears it, the strength and uniqueness of THE ONE fragrance comes from contrast. It opens with an exciting, modern interpretation of fresh fruits, which is followed by the timeless scent of white flowers. The fragrance finally unfolds to reveal a deep and sensual base.
Notes consisting of mandarin, peach, bergamot, lychee, jasmine, muguet, madonna lily, vanilla, amber, musk, vetiver, and plum.

DeLizious
DeLizious

For me the One is the one! I've spent a lot of time and money to find the perfume that I love, the One it is! I can wear it everyday no matter which season, mood or occasion. I love a lot of other fragrances, but most of them are too seasonal or I just can't wear them a few days in a row.

alicektn
alicektn

Creamy pleasant fragrance, with vanilla and peach notes blended nicely.

Nothing very interesting, at least on my skin. Although I would wear it occassionally with casual mood.

Bouquet
Bouquet

This is a warm, elegant floriental fragrance for autumn weather. Good silliage. The purse-sized roll-on version is great; wish all perfumes issued this. NOT for office wear. Best if you are over 30, IMHO.

kay_li13
kay_li13

yummy. i tested this at the belks counter today, it is definitely unique. there's something old spicy and apple cidery about it that makes it appealing. However, I'm not sure I'd buy it because it's not right for me. I like the smell though!

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

I have this fragrance, and while I thought I loved it, I'm now not so sure... is this fragrance suited for a young woman in her 20s? I'm not sure. There is something in it that I sense in the Cartier fragrances which seem a little more aged than I would like. I'm very torn!

Inani
Inani

Awesome!Amazingly tart and sexy!There is something mysterious in the way it smells,a specific mix of sweet,sour,floral,fruit and something like ment.The design of the bottle is simple but in the good way.It says:'I'm a classic perfume and I don't need bright color or fancy shape to be noticed!'A unique fragrance made for HER-THE ONE!

ZeeK
ZeeK

I love D&C The One [EDP] on my Wife... wrapped in it and she comes around to spread sensual sparks of a very balanced fruity / floral aroma of breath-taking substance for me to feel her presence ...as a distinctive "One". Sheer & subtle fragrance keeps her fold under a warm and romantic gown to deliberately attract me to feel my "GOLDEN" beauty deeply!!!!

emily1981
emily1981

Classic, beautiful scent. It reminds me of a very expensive soap scent that you just cant stop smelling. LOVE IT!!!!

The name says everything about it:The One,it means not comparable to any other perfume,designed for a very particular woman with special manners and character.some one like Cinderella or beauty.
I was in the perfume shop and as you know after testing a few perfumes your nose can't distinguish between fragrances.they all seem to be the same.but when I smelled this one ,the strong warm notes took me and I told myself,I love this one absolutely!the surprising point is that I'm not into oriental scents at all!warm and powdery,ageless and luxe is how I can describe it.I don't suggest it for casual or summer and spring use.but it's great for a huge ceremony in the cold weather or even christmas time.As the gold bottle inspires,it's a luxury stuff.in fact the only reason I didn't buy it,was the price.

SandraS
SandraS

After so many comments i'm not sure i can add something new. On my skin it turns out very soft oriental, can't really identify any flowers, but the litchi and citrus notes are present.

A good scent for a special occasion or night wear, its has good staying power and syllage.
It makes me feels somewhat sofisticated and sexy, kind like wearing daring lingerie under a formal demure dress. It empowers you.

rushbysi
rushbysi

This is a lovely perfume, possibly a little overpowering for day wear- but still very floral.The packaging belies its sweetness though and is a litlle bland. I am on to my third bottle and it always gets commented on.

LizzieM
LizzieM

I am liking this alot, it has a little of the Fendi Theorema about it. But I haven't had a bottle of that for a few years, so just going by memory, not a direct comparison. It is seems milder than Theorema I think.

It is very nice and I am enjoying wearing it.

PR
PR

It is absolutely flowery fragrance to me, but nostalgic smelling. Initially I thought it is just one flower, rose perhaps, therefore I scrolled through the notes to establish if I'm right, but I guess it is the mixture of Lilly of the valley, jasmine and Lilly that creates this melancholic organically interwoven smell.. fruits add particular sweetness to the smell.
And as I see it is not only me to whom 'The One' brings back some childhood memories :)

Despite some sweetness this is a light fragrance, and hardly can be over sprayed

solocha
solocha

I'm very pleasantly surprised with this perfume, as I didn't expect something so elegant being produced these days (it's a relatively new product). The top and middle notes are flowers with honey, intertwined with something I couldn't name as I'm not so good in tracing the notes. It reminds me of my childhood - that specific note. Maybe it's a mixture of lilies with apricots, but it can ba amber or musk. It's very soft but highly sophisticated. It would suit a woman of any age and for various occasions, but mostly something special like for instance going to the theatre or concert, or special dinner. You can't be dressed down for this one, it exudes exclusivity and original style.

Helene
Helene

I'm completely sure it is not too fruity! I like the musk and vanilla notes! As to me the fragrance is chic, stylish, long lasting

Taliera
Taliera

This is NOT what I would call an obnoxious scent; it is one that recedes into the background and comes out to show you its true fragrance when you're least expecting it. Be careful, that there is a tendancy to overspray this - because at first it has about 2 minutes staying power, before it disappears almost entirely into your skin. But like all oversprayed perfumes, when it hits you, it hits you like a rock - and I actually felt quite sick when I smelt the full force of what I had done!

The fragrance itself I found attractive. It is fruity and floral at the beginning (I can detect peach, mandarin and jasmine...), fresh and light - until it dries down - when it becomes more oriental, with the vanilla taking hold and a bit of honey. I could swear there's a bitter note there also, (but I think I might just be mistaking it for one of the oriental notes...)

The bottle is gorgeous - gold, rectangular and heavy glass. The fragrance smells like it's got a pinch of gold in there somewhere! And it smells kinda special, like "the one".

rieuse
rieuse

I honestly feel a strong resemblance between The One by Dolce&Gabbana and Hypnose by Lancome. To my mind Hypnose is more delicate and The One is stronger though Hypnose has longer lasting power among these two.

PacoGirl
PacoGirl

It is THE ONE. In very good and pleasant way. It is modern, sexy, extraordinary. It has s little too much vanilla for me, but overall - almost perfect. I would prefere to wear it for night rather than day time. IMHO "The One: is too heavy for office wear.

vtothek
vtothek

A good perfume. A great one? Maybe not, but definately a good perfume. It's heavy and a winter time scent, but compared to other nauseating litchi fragrances this is a winner. Not too overbearing, not too soft, just right in that regard. Might smell too much like other perfumes on the market, but as I said, it's worth it simply because you can smell like the trend and not induce vomiting.

LORENA
LORENA

I think it´s a fantastic perfume, I´d like to have it, but in my country, Argentina, everybody wears it,everybody has it, and it became an ordinary and common perfume. I don´t like to smell like everybody... too much advertising I think

coco76
coco76

i got the mandarin orange right away, and some of the musk and amber...then it completely disappeared on me! i think i will have to spritz it on again and really figure out if i like this or not...from what i did smell i think this would be suitable for fall and winter.

amanda
amanda

im not a big fan of this but dont think its like bubble gum either, i dont know what does bother me in this scent, i wouldnt say its too sweet because i use sweeter fragrances, but somehow its a dull sweetness not lively enough, i cant feel life in it at all, not boring, and not usual because i cant say anything that would smell like this, i simply dont like it not on testing paper nor on my skin, and thats only my opinion, because my bf loves it

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

I dont understand where the bubble gum comments come from...I don't get that at all from this scent. I love the base tones, very sensual. Great for a night out.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I agree completely with Ninulia! Bubblegum on first spray, strange fruity weirdness on dry down. That's all I've ever gotten out of "The One". To me, this is unique, but not in a good way. It merges two genres of fragrances that don't go together - the trendy new fruity florals with the clean classics. Too bad, I really love D&G fragrances.

guest_rogersgirl
guest_rogersgirl

At first its a very unusual smell when you first spritz it on your skin. I smell the peach, bargmont and plum... the dry down is a nice soft vanilla. Wish it lasted longer. Not sure I would re-purchase when I run out..if I do run out.

Sicily
Sicily

It is nice and modern oriental-floral fragrance. The one may be a bit too sweet (without being too sugary) when you first spray it on, but it quickly mellows into pleasant soft and subtle scent, it is very fine, peachy, you can wear it both day and night. Staying power is not great, so try using the lotion that goes with this. Put it on first, then the scent on top. Much better than the scent alone. And it develops on your skin, part of its development reminds me of Carolina by Carolina Herrera (or should I say Coco mademoiselle b/c they are similar). Very nice heavy glass bottle with golden cap.

doroula
doroula

This a nice, modern, fruity fragrance, originally created for Camille Al Fayed! Lovely and sexy, too.

2007

The One by Dolce&Gabbana 3.76 out of 5 based on 4003 ratings and 568 user reviews

Sample
Dolce Gabbana The One After Shave Balm 75ml 2.5oz
Eau De Toilette
Dolce Gabbana The One Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 3.3 fl oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 3.3 fl oz
THE ONE for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.6 OZ 2014 LIMITED EDITION GOLD BOTTLE
Gift Set 1.6oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Eau de Parfum 50ml
62.00 GBP
Dolce Gabbana The One Female Eau de Parfum 50ml LIMITED EDITION
Dolce Gabbana The One Female Eau de Parfum 50ml LIMITED EDITION
Dolce Gabbana The One Platinum Eau De Toilette Spray 2014 Limited Edition 50ml 1.6oz
THE ONE for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Dolce Gabbana The One Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Dolce Gabbana Wrapped Ready to Gift The One 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Dolce Gabbana Wrapped Ready to Gift The One 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Gift Set 1oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz Body Lotion 50ml 1.6oz Champagne Gold Box 2pcs
Dolce Gabbana The One Gold Eau De Parfum Spray 2014 Limited Edition 50ml 1.6oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Gift Set for Women, 3 Piece, 1 set
Dolce Gabbana The One Eau De Parfum Spray Lace Edition 50ml 1.6oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Eau De Parfum Spray Lace Edition 50ml 1.6oz
Gift Set 1.6oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz Creamy Bath Milk 200ml 6.7oz 2pcs
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One' Eau de Parfum
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One' Eau de Parfum
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One' Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One' Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana The One fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana The One, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The One by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The One by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.