Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

The One Desire Dolce&Gabbana for women
dislike

caramel
tuberose
The One Desire Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures The One Desire Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

In collaboration with Procter & Gamble, Dolce & Gabbana is launching a new fragrance named The One Desire, a successor of the popular fragrance The One, launched in 2006. In addition to this debut scent, The One women's fragrance collection includes L'Eau The One, Rose The One and The One Lace Edition. The new fragrance follows the trend of black bottles and its most distinctive feature is its carefully nuanced composition.

“This is for the woman who wants to feel unique, beautiful and sensual. She owns the room when she enters. She’s not just noticed, she attracts the attention of everybody and is sexy but not vulgar," said P&G Prestige vice president Luigi Feola.

The One Desire reveals in the top notes a citrusy blend of bergamot, mandarin, lychee and lily of the valley, emphasizing the glamour and glory of a woman. The heart blooms with seductive tuberose which is cleverly laid out on the base which is made of caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and musk. The scent is designed by Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce, in cooperation with Givaudan's in-house perfumers.

The fragrance arrives in a black bottle with gold-colored details. The name (Desire) is also inscribed in gold and hand-written in the Sicilian Baroque style by Stefano Gabbana. Desire The One will be available as 30, 50 and 75 ml eau de parfum. The advertising campaign was photographed by Terry Richardson, and it shows the celebrity actress Scarlett Johansson. The One Desire fragrance will hit the shelves in January 2013.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Litchi Lily-of-the-Valley

Tempore Donna

The One Desire Fragrance Reviews

caylarhene
caylarhene

I tested this the other day and right when I smelled it I knew it was going into my top five. Its such a sexy sophisticated mature sweet smell. I love and fell in love with it. I can image wearing this all year and it not giving me a headache. !!

sparkybish
sparkybish

The top notes blend really well on this, but the blast of fruit is nice and lasts for about a half hour on me. Then the bergamot had a nice little shining moment for about an hour before it settled into a soft vanilla caramel. I like it enough to finish my sample, but not enough to buy a full sized bottle. So, not a "love" for me.

antihero
antihero

I have to agree with Sherapop, I do not smell any tuberose really, actually, at all. Other than that I consider this a fruity gourmand. Litchi and caramel is what I smell most. Not too sweet, a pleasure to wear.
Longevity is good. Projection is adequate.

Vanilla, caramel, abstract flowers ... why this could be a celebrity scent. Oh, I see from the marketing campaign that it is: the scent of Scarlett Johansson!

I am chuckling at all of the reviewers who maintain that tuberose ruins this fragrance. Ha! Would that it were! To my nose, this is like a cheap version of Juicy Couture meets Madonna Truth or Dare. Except that this one has much less tuberose than either!

According to the P&G prestige vice president cited above:

I see the rift growing vaster and vaster between people who developed a love of perfume pre-Y2K and those who came later. One reviewer even claims to hate Fracas but love Desire The One! Yes, my fragrant friends, it's a brave new abstract world. Looks like the marketers are bound to win the propaganda war, as this chemical soup tsunami shows no signs of abating during my lifetime.

auroramaria

Even though this fragrance is meant for cooler weather it actually projects better in the summer lasting longer and smelling reacher and sweeter
.. Gorgeous inded

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

Well wanted to love this, got a sample from Sephora and decided to try it today. First put on my arm and was loving the scent. When it came time to shower and get ready for the day, I chose this sample to try now this time several sprays-2 on neck, 1 chest, 1 on each inner arm/elbow etc. so 5 total. Smelled for about an hour or two, then like many can barely smell it! I press my nose to my arm and barely smell it. I had it on my want list, but nope had to remove it. Way to expensive to not last! I actually just returned Prada Candy today to Ulta for the same reason, Smells yummy for little bit then poof gone! I exchanged the PC for my Lancôme La Vie Est Belle. To me LVEB and Chanel Coco M are the 2 best fumes that last on me!

Update: I gave this one another try and I just love the scent! It's almost worth buying and trying to layer it somehow to get the scent to last longer. I changed my mind, and decided to put back on my want list since I love the scent so much!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

An almost masculinely clean, sexy scent. This is a safer, tamer version of Tom Ford Black Orchid, Gucci Guilty and Nina Rodriguez For Her. The ingredients are interesting--caramel with tuberose, for example--although the result is a moderate orange-bergamot amber without a striking character. I would rather wear this as a grown-up, "sophisticated" scent than, say, Fifth Avenue. But I think that says more about my personality than the scent, necessarily.

bookishbeauty

I feel like I need to review this one again, because my original review was written in the winter and I feel like I was hardly talking about the same perfume as I smell now, in the summer! This perfume really shines in the summer time. The opening notes linger much longer, the tuberose in the heart is more apparent, and the caramel is brought out a lot more in the dry down (in the winter I could hardly smell the tuberose OR the caramel!). The sillage and longevity are both much better now, too. I guess this one needs nice warm weather to really blossom and release its beauty. So glad it never worked out to swap this one! I will be wearing the heck out of it this summer.

Also: It really layers extremely well with the body lotion of Bath & Body Works Forever Midnight, which I believe is being discontinued...so grab some while it's really cheap if you enjoy The One Desire and want a lotion to complement it.

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

This is a fresh fragrance! I expected to be sweeter and more gourmet. Is a little bit soapy.
I don't know...I feel like something is missing...

polkadot27
polkadot27

I have now tried all three, this one, rose the one & the one. And i'm disappointed to say none of them did anything for me and i was actually going to buy all 3 blindly at one point! I'm so glad i decided against it and tried them instead. Well to be fair i really liked this one... on paper that is. On one's skin it is completely different. On paper i got a beautiful creamy vanilla coated tuber rose and litchi scent on a gentle bed of sandalwood topped with caramel. On skin it is awful it smells like sticky toffee, no class, no complexity just a sticky toffee smell and the silage is very poor, i have to put my nose onto my skin in order to smell this one it is so soft and light. Lasts about 2 hours, but honestly couldn't wait to get it off. It's bland on me, i felt bored. I really expected a range of classy, enchanting, amazingly unique, vintage scents in the making from these 3. However all 3 seem average and they have already been done 100x before, they just bore me. From the brand name i suppose i expected them to be of the best quality... Just goes to show the reputation and expense of the brand aren't everything when it comes to fragrances. I especially wanted to like this one because i Love black perfume bottles, but i couldn't possibly pay that much for the bottle knowing the scent isn't half as good.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

Im not a huge fan of "The One" I find it a bit cloying and thick if that makes sense? My sister ADORES it and cant get enough though and it really does suit her so well.

I gave the "L`eau" version a go and that`s better but this "DESIRE" is much more me.

I love Mandarin and this shines through in the first spritz which is juicy, fresh and just sweet enough. The litchi gives a nice fruity fizz to it which is a good combination.

Then comes a hint of tuberose, again Im not a big fan but Im liking their choice of flower here. They could have gone for the usual jasmin, rose or peony combo which seems to be very popular in a lot of scents these days. Luckily there is none of that here!

A gentle floral mix of tuberose and fruits which then drys down to a sweet (but not sickly) blend of the base notes where for me caramel and amber take the centre stage until HOURS later..and i mean HOURS when there is a musky vanilla that lingers on, sensual and close to the skin!

What is very clever is that somehow ALL the notes apear as would be expected and are beautifully blended but none actually disappear for me. They evolve yes and take a lesser role - but the complete fragrance is always apparent.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Okay, so after hating Fracas, therefore being terrified of another tuberose perfume, I decided to go ahead and give this a try because of all the other delicious ingredients; caramel, vanilla, amber.

Not surprisingly, I really liked it. Bad news is, it doesn't last or linger at all! I wore it for a week straight (which seems to be my trial limit) and didn't receive ONE compliment. And, as stated in my other reviews, I work around nothing but men who won't hesitate to compliment my perfume.

This smells very similar to Prada Candy on me, but the longevity is just not there. Sadly, I would have loved it so much more than Prada Candy because it has a slightly powdery, less gourmand finish that's very soft and pleasing. But for the price and reapplication necessity, I just can't justify liking it more. Bummer.

zomran
zomran

This is my favorite perfume on a woman! I love it!!!

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

This is a great perfume, the best way to describe the scent is expensive cupcakes and champagne. It's not a perfume I consider to be a signature but it is deffintatly worth your money or a try

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

This is such a beautiful fragrance and I wasn't expecting to like another flanker this much. It is as sweet as the original but with a fresher and juicier note included, it is very creamy and well blended. It can be a signature if youre looking for something vanillic and sweet, but also soft and elegant. Also may work all year round:)

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

This scent makes me so sad. It has caramel, vanilla, amber, and lychee- four of my all-time favorite perfume notes. The One Desire has all the features of scent I would adore; it is gourmand, it has a sexy black bottle, and it has decent longevity and sillage.

Then tuberose belly-flops into the mix and the whole thing goes to hell in a hand basket. Tuberose is one of my least favorite notes; it smells like plastic and play-doh to my nose. Without the tuberose, this smells like a tasty vanilla-lychee bubble tea (I guess the amber and caramel pulls tapioca for me). On the flipside, if you love sexy foody scents and you also love tuberose, this is a win for you!

EDIT: Tried this again and could tolerate the tuberose. I found that layering Desire with a vanilla lotion helped to bring the foody notes to the forefront.

vanillary29
vanillary29

Scrumptious! Much like the original, the caramel and tuberose adding depth to the already delicious vanilla-amber goodness! The original smells more refined, sophisticated whereas Desire has a hint of naughtiness simmering beneath. Perfect for evenings and colder months.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

First impressions: smells like Addict with lychee added and the spice removed. I'll need a few wears to get to know this one better, but thus far I like it.

Inamorata
Inamorata

I love the notes of tuberose and bergamote. This scent makes me think of a beautiful, relaxing holiday - it does wonders to my senses.

By the way - at the moment, it can be bought at a special price on Strawberry, for those who are interested.

prettyswag

I love this scent, a very sweet holiday floral scent for fall....you have to like sweet scents to like this..and a SCENT LIKE : COCO Mademos. is an old cloying scent i cant stand..its such a has been for a stuck up mean woman in fall so.....this scent is fall and its the sweet warm woman in fall who gives you open arms.

melzy
melzy

The One Desire opens with dominant (and extremely juicy) lychee, accented with sweet caramel and creamy tuberose. It's an interesting combination, that always makes me think of passionfruit pulp swirled through melted white chocolate, as odd as that may sound.

Unfortunately, the initial juicy stage wears off quite quickly. On my skin, it dries down to a powdery, musky caramel-vanilla. I don't notice the citrus or the woods in this fragrance.

I get around 5-6 hours longevity. It would make a great evening fragrance for late Summer.

I'd just like to add: the note pyramid above is wrong. Top notes are correct. Middle notes should also include Lily, Jasmine and Plum. Base notes should include Musk and Labdanum. There is no official mention of Amber in this fragrance.

Hellita

The more I smell different perfumes (trying to find something new), the more I appreciate the One Desire. Every time I smell something I find overly sweet or too citrusy I comfort and remind myself that I've already got this fantastic scent in my collection. I should just stop looking for something else for a while, 'cause all I need is right here in this bottle :) The perfect balance between sweet and floral fresh. Niiiice!

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

this is one of my fav's!!!but i'm wondering why sometimes i feel this note that people call "catpee"?this makes me crazy cause i love it so much and i don't know what will happen every time when i choose it from my parfume wardrobe!!!if somebody can help me and ask me why...i feel the same and with first THE ONE...

Hellita

Oh! I'm so amazed by this perfume! It's absolutely divine and it totally works for me. When I first took a sniff at the paper I said "WOOW" out loud! I tried it on my skin and it was just as good. Something very alluring with this scent I think. It's sweet, but not too sweet, creamy but still fresh, fruity yet warm and soft without it fading away instantly. On me the longevity is fine, though it calms down a bit in the dry down. The sillage is ok I guess (so not to the extent that it will choke people around you). It's girly and mature at the same time. Sexy and sensual but still daytime appropriate. I'm so glad I found it!

I had the original The One which I loved at first, until I found it to powerful for me (didn't develop much). I asked the sales lady to help me out when searching for a new perfume and I was about to stop her when she reached for The One Desire (since I had bad experience with the original), but I'm soooo happy I didn't! I've only worn "T.O.Desire" a couple of days now, but I can def. imagine this to be my new go-to frangrance and maybe even a new signature. To me this is just YUMMY. Man am I glad I finally found this! Without help I never would have discovered it. I left the store with a new EDP and a BIG smile on my face!
I will repurchase this one!! (warning: it's quite pricy)

WildDove
WildDove

An unusual combination with the tuberose, caramel, and litchi. Starts out loud but dies down to a sexy skinscent. Almost too sweet or cloying from the litchi. More developed, rounder and refined than Juicy Couture, another tuberose-caramel. More gourmand than Michael by MK. Much simpler than TF Black Orchid. But surprisingly fleeting.

azizhejji
azizhejji

My wife's signature wooooow great fragrance , sweet caramel and floral , feminine sensual & alluring .

magrathea17
magrathea17

I looked forward to this caramel scent, but litchi keeps ruining it from the beginning to the very end, it doesn´t fade away, how come? this makes this frag overly sweet in a strange way..without it it might be deli :)

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام و ادب
کاری شیرین و گرم همراه با رایحه ای از شکلات و تافی
در تبلیغش اینگونه نوشته شده است: برای زنی که می خواهد به احساس منحصر به فرد، زیبا و جذابیت دست پیدا کند
از این رو نام هوس را بر این عطر گذاشته اند
نت های اصلی و روایح متشکل شده در این عطر عبارتند
از ترنج، نارنگی ، لیچی و زنبق ، شکوفه و گل مریم که خیلی خوب با همدیگر به همراه پایه ای از کارامل ، وانیل ، چوب صندل و مشک ساخته شده و طراحی شده است.
کاری خیلی خوب خصوصا برای کسانی که از روایح شیرین لذت می برند
کلاسیک و جذاب
دوام و پخش بوی خوب
مناسب جهت مهمانی های عصرانه و شبانه
در کل عطر گیرا و جذابی می باشد
نکته همیشگی سلیقه و ترکیب پوست و تعریق بدن هم مورد توجه عطر دوستان عزیز باید همیشه قرار بگیرد تا از آنچه گفته می شود بهترین ها را برای خود انتخاب نموده و از استشمام آن خود و دیگران لذت ببرند
با احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

Antares811
Antares811

Similar to the original in the opening but after a couple of hours it turns different (caramel).
It's definitely a very lovely fragrance. If you like sweet, caramel scents this is beautiful becouse it's not overpowering or sickly.

briones
briones

better than the original . more elegant less citrusy . sexy

bookishbeauty

I got a huge bottle for Christmas, and I had been wanting it forever, but I think this was a case of not testing enough...it is SO pretty and I love the way it smells, just not sure it's going to be one I keep.

Basically, the opening is so gorgeous--juicy and fruity, and sparkling. Then it dries down very quickly into something close to the original The One, just with added tuberose (very, very soft...it's not as prominent for me as it seems to be for other reviewers) and a tiny bit of caramel. I also smell a lot of lily, just as in the other The Ones. Here's the problem. I am head-over-heels for The One Lace Edition. It's the most powdery, the most long-lasting, and so gorgeously vanilla. I always get compliments on it and feel so lovely when I wear it. So, I sort of judge all other scents in this line against that one, because they are all similar enough so fill the same place in my wardrobe.

I didn't keep the original The One because it's less powdery and has less longevity than Lace Edition. I am afraid it's the same problem with Desire. I think if the caramel were stronger or if the opening notes carried over and lasted through the heart, I might want to keep it, but as it is...probably not.

pravda48
pravda48

I disliked the original due to an odd (to my nose) rose/litchi contradiction. I wasn't feeling it, I thought I disliked the litchi note, which made me sad since I LOVE to eat litchi fruits!! Used to get them in CA! :D

But this one... mmm! Real juicy litchi opening, so delicious! Made my mouth water and flung a cravin on me somethin fierce! (Sorry, my southern is showing.) Anyway it dries down to something that reminds me a LOT of HANAE MORI original. Smells like strawberry to me! Still sweet but not so much my thing. Will keep my sample for that opening!

larita91
larita91

Oh my God! Love at third sniff.
First, I thought it is the same as the original The One (which is something I adore on others, but can't stand on myself).
My second oopinion was...it is a lighter, more wearable version of The One, but basically still the same.

Finally, I'm in love. Very sweet, but in a mature way, lovely and extraordinary. Loud perfume with decent longetivity. It still really close to the original, but so much better! Less oriental to my nose.

Test it on skin, before you buy! Worth trying... :)

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

This is a nice perfume with no "wow" element in it. very normal fruity-floral with meduim lasting power and sillage. its sort of linar and there is not much to discover about it. good and safe for every day use. not really dark or mysterious or has any partcular chacacter.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I sprayed this on my left wrist and the original the one on the right. They smell nothing alike on my skin. The original The One is more sweet, subtle, sophisticated, and warm. Desire smells almost like straight Tuberose with a slight hint of vanilla. The caramel is completely nonexistent. Also, I spritzed these on last night at about 7pm. As of 3pm the next day I can still slightly smell the original, but Desire faded out before midnight. I am a HUGE lover of the original The one so I thought I would LOVE this one, but its more of a like. Not something I would wear regularly. So glad I didn't blind by this one like I originally thought about doing.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I have a mini of The One EDP which I put on one wrist, and a sample of The One Desire Parfum Intense which I put on the other wrist. On the open The One Desire smelled pretty much like The One...cloying sweet. On the dry down all I really get is the white floral, with whispers of amber, and wood. I get no caramel! Ok, maybe a whisper of caramel, but I really want to smell it. It's a nice soft floral, I wouldn't call this a floriental at all, and that is my favorite category. I get no spice in this at all. If I was a lover of The One, I would probably be disappointed because I don't get that full round vanilla that The One has. I'm not a lover of The One, so I like this better but it's still pretty meh to me. Not offensive, something I *could* wear, but not something I crave or think to reach for unprompted. I have to say, after sniffing at both for a while, I have a headache. Yech.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

A decent smelling scent, delicious and thankfully none too artificial scent, opening with a quick burst of citrus, vanilla and lychee joining the caramel and after about an hour in, it settles into a amber/musk/wood base with the caramel and lychee still going strong. I would have wished for a stronger sillage and better longevity, after about half an hour it became pretty much a skin scent on me (it wasn't me going anosmic, other people used to strong perfumes radiating from me also commented on lack of scent). I'm not disappointed because it is a nice scent but I won't be getting another bottle after I'm done.

nightcat23
nightcat23

I like the idea of this scent but the strong Tuberose is the killer for me! I can't stand strong white florals and I wish it wasn't in this perfume.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

At first the smell is rather sharp on me but it settles soon and becomes a nice mix of tuberose and caramel with a fruity twist. It is sweet and creamy but also sophisticated and sensual. It smells absolutely wonderful.

Cascade05
Cascade05

Fresh , warm , simple yet intruging.... Good longivity but dries down quickly.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

"The One" is one of my top three all-time favorite fragrances. However, I should know by now not to try anything in a black bottle. Heavy, heady, languid and suffocating. This scent is not how I would define desire--no sparkle, no flame, no excitement. Personally, I would be repelled. Two thumbs down.

rttoronto
rttoronto

Boring. Boring. Blah. It's been LONG time since this house has made anything worth mentioning.

freddinos
freddinos

I acquired The One Desire in a wonderful swap. I have used (and liked a lot) the original in the past, and was interested to also test this version. I thought it would be a darker, more intense flanker, based on the look of the bottle and the name. To my nose, this could be The One light. It opens with oriental floral notes (as opposed to the peachy opening of the original), then it almost dives to the depth of the original with all the balmy warmth, but never really gets to be as rich. It lasts less on my skin too, which was a shame. All in all, I found The One Desire a lighter, day and office appropriate version of the original. I suspect it blooms in warm weather, I wore it on a crisp London evening and it was whispering on my skin. Will be a good staple for spring and early summer!

arajuna
arajuna

I love gourmands so I was really excited about this one, loved it the first few times I tested it and was set on having it,

however each time I sprayed it about 1 hour into wearing it, it would start to develop a really smoky and unpleasant plasticky undertone, which I have a suspicion is the tuberose being too heavy

I think its still pleasant and I would totally buy it if it wasn't for this smoky undertone, but I cant really justify buying it due to the price either...

DEFINETELY test this one more than once!

EDIT: I have since bought a gift set of this as it was only £30 for a 50ml bottle and a 100ml body lotion- I guess it's a love hate perfume. It is lovely, I do enjoy wearing it, it makes me feel very expensive. But some days I still relate to the off putting smokiness that it sometimes develops on me. Definetely a bit of a "only certain moods/occasions" perfume

happygeisha
happygeisha

sandalwood? check! tuberose? check! a tangy fruit top note? check!

now this is more like it. the One was just meh but DESIRE is one sexy frag! i'm guessing the amber and the caramel "darken" it for evenings and although i'm not a huge fan of sweet scents, the sandalwood seems to blend everything together beautifully, rounding out any sharp edges so its not overtly sweet just quietly so.

ETA: after wearing this last night in the cold, this was actually way too "sticky sweet" for me personally. so just a heads up.

the black bottle and gold lettering are just visually stunning as well, this would make a wonderful gift. quite romantic.

kay0981
kay0981

This has one of the most beautiful openings of any fragrance ever. I just love the intoxicating blend of bergamot, mandarin, and litchi, which is the main opening note, and smells really delicious. It's a shame that the top notes don't last very long, because they really are to die for. :) The scent dries down quickly; and then tuberose rules its heart. But it's not too heady and overwhelming (as tuberose can be, for example, in Madonna's Truth or Dare). This one is quite soft and warm, coated in sweet caramel with some fruity accents.

The One Desire is sexy and voluptuous, bold, and quite intense. It's a very well blended composition of many, some might say, contrasting accords – there are the fruity tropical notes, heavy white florals, fresh citruses and the gourmand undertones. Although it might seem like an unusual composition, The One Desire does a really good job at blending these notes. It's not all so different from the original The One, but I find Desire much more interesting. I'd recommend it if you enjoy elegant, grown up sweet scents, because Desire truly is a wonderful one. ♥
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

prettyswag

In order to love this scent...you have to love sweet, intense, resin, amber and deep plum fruits type scents...if not u will hate it..and with this one..chemistry means more than what you really like...plus our nose plays tricks on us...just because u might hate the smell, does not mean when u walk past someone u stink...sometimes to others you smell great in the ones u hate...plus..sometimes what we eat, health etc. has an effect on how a fragrance will smell on the skin...anyhoo..i love this damn sexy scent...u just need a light spray of it...ppl spray too much and dont let the scent develop...they judge the first 2 mins...and "OH I HATE IT...you have not even learned your chemistry...once you do that you will know what scents you wear well.MY chemistry..is anything with sweetness, vanilla, sandalwood,some fruits, amber etc. peony and rose...i learned does not go well with me ..so i key into that and watch for that in scents.

Museumgal
Museumgal

I am going against the grain here and saying this is perfect for summer. Not during the day but a warm summer night-- the tropical notes make it just light enough with the warm florals and gourmands notes. Defintely an evening scent, a rich gourmand vanilla caramel balanced by the florals and sweet litchi. Not too sticky, not too fruity -- really well blended. Rich without being overwhelming. If you're a litchi fan -- I have a weakness for it myself -- this is a great evening scent with that as a prominent note. Hard to find nighttime scents with a good litchi.

emmyysl
emmyysl

I think like a AMANI CODE WOMEN...!

insolence
insolence

Sweet and sour :| Mixing caramel and litchi notes is such an awful idea. I dislike this scent with all my heart.

Unfortunately longevity is very good. It's been about 6 hours since I've sprayed this onto my skin. The drydown smells like rotten plum jam.

Not desired!

Repeat.Lynn
Repeat.Lynn

Just bought it..I didn't like it as soon as it hit my skin but after a few min..loved it.. so did my daughter...so yes I bought it.. rather pricey..but hey I am worth it.. ;0)

Lali_7
Lali_7

At first, Desire smelled really intriguing. I wasn't sure what I was smelling; something citrusy, some flower, something else. There was something powdery about the scent as well. Then, after some time passed, it started to resemble, more and more, an old hard bar of soap. I thought I liked it, but now I have mixed feelings about it.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

On me I get litchi, vanilla, citrus. It's very nice, though I get almost no longevity.

Fizzy
Fizzy

It gets worse with the time. On the beginning: orange blossom, caramel, maybe chocolate, you can say, delicious - but then - screechy caramel. No, no, no.

Oahsa
Oahsa

In my opinion, the "litchi" smell killed the perfume! RIP.

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

Tested this one in store. Within 10 minutes, went from nice to stinky

Gandhilama
Gandhilama

I received a nice sample size of this fragrance, and I´ve got to say it smelled like a burnt cake. There was a very sharp note in there that just clashed with everything else. At the end of the day the burnt smell no longer is too strong but just bringing this to my nostrils makes me sick.

napiergirl

Tried today and although i love the one and the one l'eau this was not what i expected. It was sweet ,very sweet and rich .Too much for my taste.Try before you buy.

anna7777777
anna7777777

I tried yesterday!Nothing special!at least for my skin....

Hieroglyph
Hieroglyph

its great, feminime and cute at the same time, i got this perfume for my 19th birthday

nora elia
nora elia

I tried it yestarday and It did not work for me, it is to sharp and sour on my skin maybe its my body chemestry :( I really wanted to suit me

andabri
andabri

I really like this fragrance! It's very simple and smells exactly as advertised.

It opens with a beautiful bergamot, citrus, and lychee blast. The lychee part really smells like freshly peeled lychees, pretty amazing.

Dries down very quickly to a tuberose and caramel. It's really yummy and simplistic.

I read a lot of the reviews below and I have to disagree and say for me, this will be worth the money when I buy a full bottle. Not every expensive perfume is going to be super complex or have heavy silage.

This is really well done, the white floral smells fresh and adds a clean edge to the caramel. It's not overtly floral or sharp or heady. The caramel is smooth and sweet, not cloying in the least, or headache inducing. Theres a bit of sandalwood that really mellows it out. Then the bergamot floats in the background tying the caramel and floral notes together. It's a light, sweet grown up scent. A really nice option to all the heavy sugary, syrupy scents out there. I've been looking for sweet fragrances I can enjoy and I've found it hard to find caramel and chocolate notes that exist without patchouli or spice notes or that aren't tooth achingly sweet, so I'm really enjoying this one.

mickey4u2070
mickey4u2070

Simply amazing. Deep, sexy and sensual yet not over powering, so even the early to mid 20s could easily pull it off! (don't recommend it for teens though)

I had my doubts as this is said to be more of a "mature" scent but I don't regret buyin the full bottle one bit. I have been wearing it every day for the past fortnight :D

Lasting power on my skin is very impressive- lasts all day on skin and until next wash on clothes. I can smell wafts of the scent through out the day and it really makes me feel special.

Highly recommended!

ForrealMe2

i love this perfume and was shocked to find a good dupe for it Jovan Satisfaction...my mother left a bottle of Jovan Satisfaction in my room and when i smelled it i couldn't believe how similar it is to Desire..the only difference is Jovan Satisfation is a little bit fuzzier or more champagne like but its almost exactly the same go figure and its cheaper if you can find it!

cmagot
cmagot

Oh too much "The One" flankers, so much not interested anymore! The bottle looks cute, somewhat reminds me of Encre Noire, but the scent is the same old we have seen for so many times already!!!

b4dream
b4dream

nothing special with it. first note is fruity mango; then dramatically change to something I don't like. its lightness good for work.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I might be wrong but this reminds me of lighter version of J.Simpson Fancy. Fruity caramel idea. There's something slightly sour (probably lychee) which makes whole composition well blended and not going overboard with sweetness. I really like it but my skin was never tolerating good any scents from D&G so unfortunately The One Desire is also not for me due to very poor lasting power.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

After trying this on one wrist and Viva La Juicy Noir on the other, the difference is night and day. This is caramel and white floral done right, with a bit of lychee that doesn't take over the way the berry notes in VLJN do. It does take on that sort of soft-fluffy-cloud feel in the drydown, much like Rose The One does, an interaction between the vanilla and...something. So very feminine. I didn't expect to like it nearly as well as I do.

Safira
Safira

I prefer sweet and powdery perfumes, and this baby is definitely sweet. I tried it on three days in a row before finally caving in and buying it. I tried to convince myself that I have enough sweet perfumes, but this one is sweet in its own way, so it's rather unique.

I don't think it's candy sweet, and it's not cloying in any way. To me it stays pretty much the same from the initial spritz and into the drydown, though it becomes slightly sweeter after the initial floral burst. It's an inoffensive fragrance that perhaps doesn't revolutionize the perfume industry, but it certainly has its own charm in a warm, pleasant and sweet way.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Loved it at first, only mildly like it now. It just gets boring! Stupidly bought the largest bottle- had it for months and barely made a dent in it. I just never reach for this over anything else. Shame, because I love the original The One and am a sucker for caramel notes! Who knows.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This fragrance is overpriced, and really shouldn't be priced higher than the original "The One" formula. Reason being, it has worse lasting power on the skin. The initial spray is enticing and warm, with jasmine and tuberose accords mixing with bergamot and litchi fruits, supported by a deeper, vanillic base. However, after the floral and fruit accords dry down you are left with a smooth caramel-vanilla that is basically a skin scent. I get 1-2 hours of sillage and then it becomes a skin scent for me. The original "The One" wears longer on my skin with decent sillage all around. I also like how the original is more vanilla based. The Desire flanker is more floral and lighter, better for the warmer seasons.
The scent pyramid needs to be adjusted. The description says there is fruit of plum as well as madonna lily and jasmine in the heart.

rita.m
rita.m

very very very very Wonderful fragrance but does not last long tried it on my skin and does not last more than half an hour, I felt disappointed because i like it
And its price is $ 105 75 ml<<<< high-priced compared to its quality

sissu
sissu

So so ordinary and uneventful. Very simple fragrance that's nice enough, but surely doesn't compell. Once I smelled it my mind didnt even wander back for a second. Completely forgotten.

ecerusen
ecerusen

after look at the note pyramide and comments, i went to the store for trying. i couldnt find anything sexy and interesting.just an ordinary perfume.disappointment

takeasniff
takeasniff

I tried this recently and it is more gourmand to me than the previous versions. As others have said the caramel is noticeable but to me it dried very similar to the other version. The vanilla is more user friendly in this one ie it would appeal to younger people who don't or will not tolerate celebrity perfumes but they want a sweet perfume.

I am baffled by people who claim it is sexy. If it is sexy to them then that is their experience but I have yet to find truly sexy perfume on the mainstream market at the moment. That is not to say these don't smell nice they do but just not at all sexy to me. Obviously the definition of what is sexy has changed dramatically over the last few years.

If you prefer the older style perfumes then I am not sure this will do much for you. If you prefer the current style of perfumes then this is a good alternative to celebrity scents. If celebrity scents are fine with you then stick to those because this is kind of something they would come up with.

I think that explains that I am disappointed in this fragrance:(

jellybeantree

I re-tested this and had the lady at the counter spray me with it to get a better feel for it. I don't like it, its light and the dry down smells like the original The one. Which I don't like. If you are a fan of the original and you are looking for a alternative than this is for you. On me it was a definite no!

Queen23
Queen23

Amazing.my new favorite

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

I get frustrated with D&Gs 'the one' perfumes. They barely last past the moment you spritz. That said this _might_ be a great smell, but its so transitory that I really can't say for sure.

mymlan
mymlan

Yes: Caramel, tuberose, vanilla, sweet, fruity, white floral... And that's about it, ll. It smells good but a bit too sweet for my taste. I tried it because I was looking for a good tuberose fragrance, but in my opinion there are a lot better tuberose fragrances out there. But if you are looking for something sweet and easy to wear TOD will probably do.

Berth
Berth

oohhh I'm glad I got this! is really good sweet, warm, intoxicating florals and juicy fruits. Finally, a beauiful oriental fragance without patchouli (I hate it. I just wanna go out at night to bathe in it! Delicious sexy scent ideal to be dressed up

Takhaet
Takhaet

I tried a sample few days ago. I had high hopes for this one but I am disappointed a little bit.

Its very very similar to original The One but sweeter. Very generic and girly sweetness- I was expecting something more mature and not so overwheming- it was just too much for me.

I could really smell a lot of sugary-caramel note but after a while its disappeared and the smell got back to its roots- the original The One.

I will pass on this one unfortunatelly. Shame.

jaa456
jaa456

I own "The One" (original) and "Rose" The One, so of course I was curious about their lastest spin off show, but not interested purchasing as the "Ones" don't last very long on my skin.

While at Macy's the SA offered me a delux sample and told me that this was the only fragrance that sold out during Mother's Day.

The spillage is excellent. It opens with with the caramel and litchi holding hands and behaving like berries. Followed closely by the citus and vanilla. The drydown is a beautiful long lasting powdery musk, similar to its parents but better.

It's sexy but not elegant, suitable for day.

isabelamattarelli

thank you ForrealMe2 :D !!!

Germany
Germany

Use to wear the original but never loved it all that much. Some sickly note to it that is heavy and powdery and chocolate. This one to me smells the same. Boring generic. Not bad but not great.

isabell:
yes with added litchi making is smell like a cranberry scent blended with the original..deep berry smell..if you like the original you will like this one its more fruitier with the original together..a nice twist on it

isabelamattarelli

Hi :) help me! ... is this a powdery fragance just like the original??

paojaime
paojaime

Despite the variation of notes, this hit my skin and became caramel. It is lovely but not fruity like some people are claiming, at least not on my skin

iloveascot
iloveascot

I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to. I prefer fragrances with citrus notes. My first name is Desiree...that caught my attention right away. I want to try it for my fiance who is coming to visit from Scotland.

geur
geur

I desire this! I sprayed a bit and HEAVEN! so good. Tuberose and caramel melted with a hint of bergamot and amber= balanced so well. I love it. I want it, will have it for my birthday. Treat for me. Treat for you.

abigaila.dumitrache
abigaila.dumitrache

Beautiful hand Dow just a beautiful fragrance sexy seductive just very sensual
All in all, I'm so glad I bought this. This is pretty and sensual. But the sensuality is not loud or cheap. It rings to the saying of "Be a lady in the street and a whore in bed". Not a cheap, freak, skanky whore. But a sweet, elegant and dexterous escort.

Pari88
Pari88

My big sissy bought it for herself in the airport, she tired of it and passed it to me a few days later; I passed it on to the youngest sis (I pray she doesn't like it). Super boring. Bland rubber tire amber and buttery tuberose with the juicy orange giving it some spark, but as quick as that spark came is as quick as it went... Similar to the original, but the orange freshens it up, the drydown, however, is almost exactly the same as the Original. Boring, just like the Original. Smells like Bijan VIP...cheap amber. Smelling this I imagine Gotham City..dark office parties, everyone in Black, Robots, Clones, No character, No Faces, Just dollar signs, Its Always foggy, Cop sirens are always running, Tall glass buildings as far as the eye can see...some might like it, but that's not my world...

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

YUM!! YUM!!!!!!!!!! First off I ADORE The One, always have always will but it has to be applied very very lightly (spray a Q-tip then delicately stroke it on my wrist and neck) or it becomes unbearable and gives me a headache. In short a little goes a loooooooong way! I was in Macy's today and walked by the D&G fumes, I always sniff the bottle for The One (even though I own it), it just makes me happy to smell it. I noticed the had the tester bottle of The One Desire out so I sprayed it on a card, I got my hand in the process too. On the way home from the mall I kept sniffing my hand because it smelled so good. It smelled exactly like The One only lighter, not as overpowering as The One very wearable for daytime. I keep smelling the card I sprayed it on and it smells much better on my skin than it does on the card....usually it is the other way around! I am getting a bottle of this asap!! I know it will last forever too as The One lasts all day plus.

Sillage: 2/5 very very close to the skin, unless you over do it, then it's a major projector.

Longevity: 5/5 (I predict) still going very strong after 4 hours, the original The One lasts 18 hours plus on me (I can still detect it after a shower most of the time).

In conclusion: I like this even better than the original The One! It is on a very short list of "MUST haves!!!".... :0)

Update: still love this stuff but the longevity is not as long as I was hoping for, it lasted about 5 hours then vanished, I'm getting a small bottle with an order to Sephora (deluxe trial bottle).

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

very similar to the one but fresher . nothing special.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

This is sweet and pretty, but not childish either. I wasn't a big fan of The One, but this is nicer. Reminds me of Delices by Cartier, but this lasts longer, and the tuberose is a nice touch. I think I may buy this...

lilou
lilou

The same as The One, in a deeper and sweeter way, with very good lasting power : so better than The One.
I like The One and I love The One Desire.

darksome
darksome

I tried this on a paper strip, but I don't think that this would be very different on skin.

The opening is like a dream. Feminine, sweet, warm, fruity and floral. But the drydown for me is a nightmare. It's way too sweet. I love sweet florals, but this is just too much (fruity). It indeed contains a very pleasant litchi note, but I don't smell any caramel. For me caramel has a dark roasted note, and this Desire definitely do not contain.

I would it describe as a vanilla based cotton candy, sweet fragrace with fruity litchi/peach note. I only enoy the first stages of Desire, wich is sad. Also I don't really think that Desire would be very similar to the original. They share some similarities, but Desire is way more sweet and has instead of the apricot a litchy note.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I am not impressed. Its very simular to The One, perhaps slightly more floral. even though the notes are somewhat different but it fades into nothing in minutes. Ironic, considering that original The One is a rather long lasting scent.

To each one their own but all I can say is "eh"

beth54
beth54

Just got a sample and am sorry I didn't spring for a bottle! That never happens to me. I usually have to test drive a fragrance, think about it, rationalize spending the money on it instead of something like my electric bill. In other words, I have to talk myself into purchasing fragrance every time. The closer I come to using up this sample, the more compulsion I feel to run into Nordstrom's and spring for a bottle of Desire! I love it! For some strange reason, in my winter years, I have come to love sweet gourmands and have no use for complex fragrances. Perhaps I'm in my second childhood! But this fragrance starts out with a wonderful caramel note that lingers a good while and some lovely floral notes come in and the heart is a wonderful mix with a lovely dry-down. I do wish this was longer lasting, but I like it so much, I won't mind re-spraying. It does start out strong, so two sprays get it well enough for a few hours. I do like my fragrances strong-but I've found that some people get offended with my heavy hand with perfume, so I have to be respectful of that. Over-all I really like this fragrance and I'm a bit surprised because I didn't care for the original The One. It smelled ordinary to me. This fragrance isn't cheap, so I'll have to save my pennies for a bottle, but it's definitely on my purchase list! I love it! At least get a sample and give it a try-if you love sweet fragrances, this one will please!

goingblonde
goingblonde

Starts off bitter-remains bitter for first 20 minutes or so-
then fades to nothing- later just a faint whiff of caramel- & I cant stress enough on faint whiff .

Alas-I would hope for far better from D&G -or would I ?

suzrwin
suzrwin

Starts as a blast of sweet fruits and then, thankfully, fades into nothingness on me. Not my cup of tea at all. Really just more of the same in the current genre of forgettable gourmands, of which I am obviously not a fan.

perfumeandme
perfumeandme

I like this version of The One. From the elegant bottle design to oozing juice inside. I could image wearing a little black dress had a spray or two with this perfume and feeling so seductive and sexy. This is a head-turner. It may be sweet but not girly teenage sweet. In my initial experience, whenever I think that there are notes that didn't agree with me or whenever I think that I wouldn't like it, the scent will change that makes me loving it more. It's really a seducing frag, the more you resist it, the more you will love it! :)

dame piglet
dame piglet

On me, this opens with lily plus something rather tart (not sure what that is - puts me to mind of the tartness of sour apple, but not that strong) then the tartness fades quickly into soft (not too 'screechy') tuberose and some sandalwood.

Very pretty stuff!

The caramel, vanilla or otherwise gourmand notes happen very late in the dry down on me, and even then, it's only slight.

On me this is a 97% floral fragrance, but that's kind of how my skin has been lately.

If you're expecting something very gourmand or very oriental, I strongly suggest that you try before you buy, just in case your skin is like mine.

That's not to say that I don't like this; I like it a lot!!
I could easily imagine this as a wedding day fragrance.

hoopsgirl316
hoopsgirl316

This is my new signature scent!!! I get so many compliments

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

Is it me or the briefing with names like Procter & Gamble and Terry Richardson make for a very unglamorous fragrance description? Both too clinical, too blunt, no subtlety or mystery that I associate with fragrance. It's like the hip, classy dark bottle couldn't even help to disguise THAT. Someone feels miffed.

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

This is very beautiful. Softer than the original warm and cozy.

mils
mils

I think this DESIRE is a wish to be back in the childhood. It opens exactly like multivitamin on me I was drinking gladly as a kid. It stays so for a while and than blend with warm dense running caramel. Tuberose gives it the remarkable creaminess and unripe feel. I quite like it but somewhere in the middle it reminds me very on the original The One which isn;t my favourite. Moderate sillage, great longevity, lovely scent for feeling "secure" wrapped in creaminess and just for smelling deliciously good. I wouldn;t call it sexy though! Nice :-)

Litchi, caramel and tuberose. In that order.
Sweetly gourmand and fruity, but not overbearing. To me it's not a particularly sexy fragrance. It's cozy, powdery, sweet. Has a bit of vintage flavor.

Blackandred88
Blackandred88

Everytime I wear this I get heads turning In all directions!!!

Aysu
Aysu

Nice flanker, but I was expecting a gourmand The One due to caramel notes, but I couldn't find what I was expecting, sweet tuberose fragrance, very similar to the The One.

prettyswag

I FINALLY..got my full bottle of this....just lovely...carmel, floral...ambery fruits...so divine.

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

I went to my local ulta today and tested this fragrance because I love lychee and tuberose.I sprayed only on my wrist.My first thoughts were tropical,exotic and soft gourmand and does anyone get a beachy vibe with the tuberose sandalwood combo? This is surprisingly natural smelling for a mainstream perfume.There is no strong alcohol smell.This fragrance takes awhile to develope on the skin and the sillage is very soft.I don't get a lot of tuberose but I think its because this scent is so well blended.The fruit is subtle as well as the vanilla caramel notes but its all there blended together.This reminds me of a sophisticated viva la juicy.Even though this is more of a warm scent you could wear it on spring and summer nights.My only wish is that they would have amped up the lychee note and the floral note and maybe added a touch of dry coconut.I would describe this as a tropical gourmand.I could see some girl from rio or miami rocking this scent.Its sophisticated yet has an exotic sultry undertone probably from the sandalwood.Like I said it does stay close to the skin so if your looking for a powerhouse fragrance this may not be for you.I enjoyed this fragrance and am thinking of purchasing for an exotic evening scent.Think animl print sundress,wavy flowing hair, skin hot from the sun and a soft warm smell of white flowers and tart fruit with a sultry vanilla caramel swirl.There I go again getting all dramatic!This I have to say is worth a smell.I love the black bottle as well.I would compare this fragrance to euphoria and viva la juicy.Dark yet fresh and warm with a touch of fruit.This is the least synthetic parfume I have smelled in a long time!Well done D&G!

varykino
varykino

Spraying on this perfume hit me over the head with a whack of nostalgia. Honestly, what this reminds me of is being a teenager and wearing some kind of Impulse body spray back in the early 'eighties. That's not actually meant as a diss; some of those body sprays smelled darned good! I swear many of them had more charm and sex appeal than a lot of what passes for high end fragrance today.

Nostalgia aside, there is caramel, tuberose, litchi and vanilla, pretty much in that order; the vanilla jumping up beside the caramel in the drydown but the fruity-floral aspect staying prominent throughout. It's all well blended in a sweet, diffuse way and quite fresh, despite the sweetness. Young, sexy and romantic but with something playfully lurid lurking underneath. The original The One was a non-happening on my skin, so I'm surprised to find myself hankering for more of this. There may be a bottle in my future.

flora lee
flora lee

This perfume was not as dark or noir as I expected but it comes together really well. The lychee, though on its own an odd note to me, adds some zing to it at the beginning, and I think that tuberose is forming the backbone for it staying nicely on my skin. THere is a bit of caramel but not too much. I could see this going well with more dressy/stylish work environments but I'm not afraid to wear it casually either.

prettyswag

@FDMC....I totally agree with u:)on this scent.

prettyswag

I love this...smells close to the original with a creamy carmel overtone...lasting power on me is great when i gave this a test..will be getting this yummy scent soon...since i love the original. very sexy scent.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Not that far from The One . but a bit more floral and brigth. but the longevity on this one stinks . it was gone so fast . and im truly disapointed
This i thought would be a even better The one for summer and thouse days you want to be a bit more uplifted then just the vanilla comfort off The one Original..
i guess i have to get to the One Rose for that.. this one was gone in a few hours.. totaly gone . not a trail ..
well i stick to the original and the rose for The One feal ;)

fdmc
fdmc

I Love the wole range The One.
The One Disire is the essence of the divas.
After testing the perfume on my skin I got the opinion wich is quite exquisite.
Notes of caramel and vanilla are very strinking.
Is a perfume with excellent sillage and very long lasting.
I recommend.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Love, love the smooth rounded caramel notes over pretty florals with a hint of vanilla - all with amazing depth. Lovely opening but the dry down is what has won my heart. So beautiful, sophisticated and sexy. This is way high on my list of "must haves".

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This scent is lovely from the first spray. It begins with light and lovely fruits mixed with muguet de bois. The topnotes are well balanced and segue into beautiful soft tuberose seamlessly. The warm basenotes come in quickly, the amber, wood and especially the vanilla and caramel. This is a soft enveloping scent, like a warm shawl or wearing your man's jacket on a chilly night. The base notes have good staying power over a few hours and the flowers remain as well, but more in the background.

This is softer than the original "The One," but I like it more even though normally I am not a gourmand lover. This is so soft and perfect for a warm summer night out with that special person. Its sexiness is subtle and does not scream at you, as another reviewer said, it's more of a whisper in the ear of your lover. I am very pleased with this development of "The One." For vanilla lovers, this has a very nice vanilla note and the caramel is just perfect, identifiable but definitely not overwhelming and soft and fresh smelling.

Naziabegum08
Naziabegum08

Really sweet, alot of caramel!

selinu
selinu

I smell banana. I DEFINITELY smell banana at the opening. Better than the original but too strong

ForrealMe2

Oh my this is delicious and sensual because the scent allures you to come closer to smell it.. i love sweet, spicy scents or gourmands...first off Dolce & Gabbana The One was my signature for awhile... i love the unique freshness of the original..and you can smell that in this one but this one is beautiful.. when i was at the Saks counter i told the sales person that this smells fruity and i was shocked because i thought it would smell dark because of the caramel but she told me the reason why this one smells like that is because of the caramel.. but i think its the the caramel combined with the tuberose,citrus and especially the lychee that makes this smell like a brighter cranberry..or sweet red berry i have never smelled before in a fragrance that was mature..i have smelled most of the celebrity sweet scents and all the mature scents they have to offer now at the counters and this is up my alley sweet...you may smell fruits for sure in celebrity scents that are tart or vanilla but they never last long..don't get me wrong i use to own most of all the celebrity scents but now that i don't wear those anymore i am looking for the same kinda feel but more mature where they last long and are interesting this one smells so good...i have Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme too and i love the creamy berry in that one and that one lasts..but this one surpasses that berry because its closer to a fresher watery deep cranberry scent..who could of known lychee smells so good..i LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent and Dolce & Gabbana line! This is a deep unique yet light enough to be versatile scent i think you can wear any season!

Update:be careful how you spray this perfume because even though this is deep and light at the same time you will think your not smelling it as much at first..so i over sprayed and then bam..it was overkill..the scent is there..it lingers with wafts..this is meant to be a lighter sensual scent..not overbearing and it is definately there..now that i overkilled it i thought i would try it out again the next day so i put one on each wrists today and one on neck and one on clothes on my chest a total of 4 sprays..it has the most delightful perfume smell...you go anymore than the 4 sprays it will be too much..even 4 sprays maybe too much for most but i like it a bit more heavy so if your not into heavy 2 sprays maybe enough for you because it is sweet..if you can handle more than 4 cause you like it to be real heavy hey more power to you but this one grows stronger as your body adjust be warned lol..yesterday i had to throw off my shirt cause i overkilled it LOL...so this is a great scent.. just learn how it works and where to spray and your good..what a good scent for sure this will be on my top scents for this year..until something better comes along lol i think this will be a great spring summer scent but its deep enough to be a fall winter scent too this is why i think its so versatile for any season its just one of those fruity gourmands that can pull it off its a really fresher deeper red berry scent with yummy caramel...its not dark but its deep...like the caramel in britney spears In Control Curious was a dark caramel like you would think dark chocolate..no this caramel sweetens it up and deepens it..it doesn't darken it...its wonderful..love it!

Dojdirena
Dojdirena

I’m absolutely disappointed…It’s not Desire The One, it’s J’adore The Second ((

Merebon
Merebon

Sorry, but I'll stick to the original The One. Sprayed on today. This was too soft. Didn't really give me much of anything. Maybe it's a bit sweeter than the original? Wasn't different enough for me to purchase.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I smelled it today, and it doesn't scream 'sexy'... It *whispers* 'sexy', which is all the more powerful. ;)
It somewhat reminds me of Roberto Cavalli - only much softer and classier, which is a plus in my book. I've got the test strip right here, and I can't stop smelling it. Next time, I'll try it on my skin. I feel the caramel note in this is elegant, instead of being plain gourmand, or headache-inducing. Too bad it's pretty expensive, but that's to be expected.

*I've bought it today (the smallest size)!*

napiergirl

I WANT this ...just checked what was new and now have an addictive longing for this ...this review has no merit other than the strength of my fondness for the other 'the one's' means this is a done deal ..I MUST HAVE THIS ...after all the boring bills are paid. Then straight to the shops ...no need to test first.

jellybeantree

The notes are not correct. I just checked the official website.

jellybeantree

I like this much better than the original! It is strong and lasting ,without being cloying ,the beginning I get the lychee and lily and after the tuberose and caramel show up and it's quite heavenly! This is the best from this house in a long time! I would buy and wear it. If I didn't already have many fragrances! It isn't groundbreaking but definitely interesting and alluring enough for me.

lisatenholt
lisatenholt

Is this already available? I really wanna try it but can't find it..

nathalievoyante
nathalievoyante

it's anyone knows it is available in france?

Lucy O.
Lucy O.

This was like a travelling in time. This scent took me 20 years back... It reminds me really of Gabrielas Sabatini scent. They are like twins to me :-) And I like it a lot!

Fresh&wild
Fresh&wild

The perfect mix of tuberose
I am i Love ♥♥♥ never thought that tuberose would smell soo divine when mixed with caramel!!! That is what i mainly smell in this The One : A sparkling mix of roses (mainly tuberose) mixed with a classy warm caramel ; not the same caramel you find in sickly sweet perfumes. This is ★Sophistication in a bottle★ for women in their 30's and 40's i think. But finally it depends on someone's taste.
For me, i cant get enough of it.. it wraps me with strong personality. This is what i wished Micheal Kors would smell like.A Tuberose Heaven...

SBunny
SBunny

This opens with the citrus a deep sweet litchi. There's an underlying creaminess that I'm guessing is the caramel though I can't smell it outright. The middle becomes more floral with a slighlty bitter tuberose mixed in with the exotic litchi. It stays like this for a while and when it dries it's basically a tamer version of the middle stage.

This has great lasting power and fantastic sillage. Although it is quite different I cam still smell The One in it. A nice exotic, fruity floral fragrance.

antonpan
antonpan

Desire is a fruity, or even berry version of L'eau The One. What I feel is a lot of berries (or maybe litchi smells like raspberry?) on the sweet sparkling The One base. A nice pleasant fragrance in the style of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme 2012 and Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose, but there is nothing black and bold in The One Desire.

I really like it, it isn't real strong , but it has a definite presence. It is lovely, fresh and warm at the same time. I detect the original in it, although Desire is lighter and easier to wear ,feminine, a bit sexy,modern, more floral also in the top notes, it has all the ingredients of a great scent. Longevity is nice, I own l' Eau The One and Desire is different, the lychee that is characteristic of l' Eau is more shy in Desire, but they would be in the same vibe.
I personally do not detect the tuberose, although this is more floral than the golden amberish vanilla of the original.
Lovely, a real pretty scent. My only thing is that it is not very distinctive , a universal type of perfume, but in a good way.

sofababe
sofababe

This one is a nose burner. It's very very strong so if you do like it it'll be worth buying as it lasts forever. The tuberose is overpowering, in the same way as Madonna's Truth or Dare. Although they don't smell alike they made me feel the same, like I needed a new lining for my nostrils.
I love the original The One but I'll be avoiding this one.

cherie97
cherie97

Such a nice, deep fragrance!
I love it, even though I'm not into such scents usually. Lasts a long long time and smells really good. Better than the EDT, but have to give EDP a try, so I could tell if it beats it too :)
Very warm, sweet and fruity at the same time. Delicious and easy to wear.

Opening is yummy. Fruity, citrusy and so nice!
Drydown brings a lot of caramel and tuberose.
I'm quite suprised that i like it!

The bottle is gorgeous :)

Frusciante
Frusciante

They keep going with flankers for the feminine version while what we're waiting for, is an EDP concentration of the men's version

auroramaria

I've tried it this morning, it's 8pm and it's still going strong.
It's pleasant, lots of citrus in the opening and into one hour from spritzing, caramel doesn't seem to come out nicely in my opinion it all smells a bit of a mess.
By the way there is an animalic note that I can't stand and that note goes on and on.
So sorry to give a not so positive review but this is my honest feeling towards it, to think that I was really looking forward to it...
Longevity is great but I was expecting a sultry warm very sexy fragrance and this is not (IMHO)

salix
salix

It's really nice,white flowers,caramell,vanilla.And so similar to L'Eau the One!It's sexy and nice,not agressive,like first love in the spring,so romantic und sweet flowery!

KK_lover
KK_lover

I've tried it today and i can still smell the perfume even after 7 hours !!! so much better then The One...

Red Rose

I just saw it today at Harrods website if anybody is interested.

Red Rose

I guess the votings are based on the notes as they're shown already. People who arleady vote did this depending on the notes though the fragrance itself is not in the stores yet.

Raquel73
Raquel73

Estoy deseando probar esto.Interesantes ingredientes :-))
Quiza me guste!

GabrielG
GabrielG

stop voting !!! not out yet why do the system allow this?

Fragrance Lover Forever
Fragrance Lover Forever

Why are people already votin? Its not even out yet!!

Whit
Whit

Ooooh...sounds nice! I put this on my want list to try when it comes out. I love The One brand so far and I look forward to trying this one too! Yay for a new year of new releases!

Annica
Annica

So many dislikes already. Based on.....?
Release 2013!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

How are there dislikes already? Did someone time travel into 2013 to smell this fragrance? This is brand discrimination.

The One Desire by Dolce&Gabbana 3.75 out of 5 based on 712 ratings and 149 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.17oz
THE ONE DESIRE for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ TESTER
THE ONE DESIRE for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ TESTER
THE ONE DESIRE for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
THE ONE DESIRE for WOMEN by Dolce Gabbana EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
The One Desire Intense Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
65.50 GBP
By Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One Desire' Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz
By Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One Desire' Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Desire Eau De Parfum Intense Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Desire Eau De Parfum Intense Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana The One Desire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana The One Desire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The One Desire by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The One Desire by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.