Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

The One Gentleman Dolce&Gabbana for men

The One Gentleman Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

The One Gentleman Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures The One Gentleman Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures The One Gentleman Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures The One Gentleman Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

A new men’s edition, The One Gentleman, is expected on the market in September 2010. Dolce & Gabbana are celebrating 20 years of men’s fashion line of this brand in June, so the new fragrance will be launched to celebrate this anniversary.

Face of the new edition is popular actor Matthew McConaughey, who also advertised perfume The One from 2008. Photographer of this advertising campaign is Jean-Baptiste Mondino. Gabbana is describing and announcing advertising photos in a video clip in style of Marcello Mastroianni.

Composition of the new The One Gentleman is based on oriental notes which should attract confident and sophisticated customers. Aromas of the new perfume include: pepper, fennel, lavender and cardamom, while a base is composed of vanilla and patchouli. The fragrance is available in flacon shaped like previous edition (original The One), available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDT, accompanied by perfumed body care collection.

Pepper

Lavender Cardamom watercress

Patchouli Vanille

Roadster

The One Gentleman Fragrance Reviews

zkxnyi278
zkxnyi278

At first spray smells straight up like a mix of fruity pebbles, a concealer compact, and lipstick, very intense and 'full' smelling, probably from the pepper note I'd say. Goes from this into a very nice 'rustic' drier & older vanilla smell alongside an earthy and -slightly- grassy patchouli. I don't get any lavender from this anywhere unless it mixes with something and to me makes up part of the top of it. Smells great and simple (in a good way). Smells very mature to, but any age could wear it, I think vanilla mature or crazy sweet or anything in between is liked in all age groups lol.

JoeOM
JoeOM

This fragrance is not boring at all like many people say, it is plain and simple done right.

Great vanilla scent combined with a hint of spice and just the right amount of lavender, patchouli and cardamom.

I never grab for this or have the intention of wearing it, however my bottle is nearly gone.

Calming and minimalistic.

bart4543
bart4543

got this one as a gift, when i firt wore it i kinda liked it but after about 15 wearings i was tired of it. it became too sweet and ordinary. Not something i woudld personally buy, very bland and simple. the original the one is 10 times better than this.

arminio94

Forgot to say the dry down on this is pretty Damn good also very sweet vanilla with a hint of spice in the background very faint mostly vanilla and a little lavender kind of a Le Male feel but very different worth buying if your having trouble with longevity put it on right before you go out for the night and you'll be more the fine and the compliment factor is through the roof

arminio94

Personally I really enjoy this fragrance it smells very mature sweetlspicy and just overall good, plus I get good longevity with this way better then "The One" original haha but I don't see why everyone hates on this frag it's overall pretty dang good 8/10

pabuenos
pabuenos

I blind-bought it, received today and will try to make this short:

1 - I seriously am concerned with Dolce & Gabbana's perfumery, they are alright, but never special - maybe because it's a design house, which I don't see as a problem (look at Comme des Garçons). I like Light Blue, for example: it doesn't irradiate, has good silage and longevity and brings that atmosphere of "ok, he's a clean nice guy" - it's 'basic'. LB is spring/summer, and The One Gentleman has the exact same quality for fall/winter context.

2 - Many reviewers put Vanilla and Pepper as the main notes, but my lay nose captures something a bit different. The creation has a very well structured pyramid, you can clearly get a burst of pepper right away, which calms down in the presence of a soothing lavender and the spicy sweetness of cardamom - this sweet then evolves to a cozy smooth vanilla, staying very close to the skin for about 6 hours in my very rejectful complex (even the most powerful fixatives struggle with me). The last hours are then vanilla and lavender. Which reminds me of another brand's celebrity...

3 - If you check the page of Pour Un Homme de Caron, you'll realize how people seem to love it, but many brave reviewers have some interesting points: they complain about the literalness of lavender. Houdini4 asks: "I don't get this in anyway. Why on earth would anyone want to smell this accurately of lavender?". Well, I personally like PUHdC because I do love the 'accurate' fresh green smell of lavender leaves it brings, more noticeable than the vanilla. In a way, they are very distinct smells, but have the (almost) same composition. Lavender in TOG is simple but very noticeable, reminds me a lot of that by L'Occitane. So, if you don't get/like PUHdC, take a look in TOG.

4 - Do not expect any "wow's" or "what is that you wearing?". I repeat: it will (and you will) feel clean! Excellent for work, school, trips etc. It's basic. And I like it!

headofstate
headofstate

A completely minimalist creation in the same vein as Narciso Rodriguez For Him but with a different concept, this one going for fresh spicy and vanilla sweet where Rodriguez's creation revels in musk, amber and violet leaf. The pepper note on top is interesting in such lonely company and isolation but within five minutes of initial spray it is quickly joined by a big dose of vanilla with the aromatic lavender subtle but slightly present. I don't pick up much cardamom or watercress but it's possible they are buried underneath the dominant vanilla.
When the vanilla starts its takeover of the fragrance 5-10 minutes in, this is the point when the wearer must make a decision, do I like the vanilla and pepper at play here or does it all come off a bit too dry and rather bland? That's a tough call, I could easily go either way, depending on my mood. I could easily make the case for both in this review. For that reason, this isn't a blind-buy. Be warned, this is an absolutely must try first fragrance as every individual will react to the vanilla here differently, even vanilla lovers.
The rest of the notes just don't really come to life to give this a bit more depth, it would have been nice to get a bit of dirty cardamom and a larger presence of aromatic lavender. Instead, this stays rather linear as a simple pepper, vanilla and patchouli scent with a heavy dose of dry vanilla.
D&G The One Gentleman certainly isn't a stunner on first glance. She's like the girl in college who is shy and cute in a distant, hard-to-connect with way that has a great personality and a warm, embracing nature but lacks the self-confidence to truly let herself go and for that you know it may be the wrong play to get involved as anything other than a distant friend. That's the way I feel about D&G The One Gentleman, the vanilla here just keeps me from really accessing it and enjoying it the way I should.
There's a really dry and high-pitched essence to the vanilla here, it's not warming and soft, instead it's rather rough and a little bit astringent in combination with the spices. It has none of the soothing qualities of the vanilla in Ted Lapidus TL Lui or 212 Sexy Men. This one is much rougher and harsher.
I personally don't really care for D&G The One Gentleman that much and couldn't see wearing it other than a few times a year during late fall or the cold of winter. Something about the vanilla's dry and cold dominance here just makes the wear uncomfortable for me and stale. Still, the concept is quite interesting and different enough to catch a lot of people off-guard. I have worn this maybe 20-30 times in my life and still have the capacity to enjoy the minimalist essence that this is, it's just a very dark and unfriendly combination of notes and blending that somehow doesn't harmonize on my skin. Longevity is spectacular at between 7-11 hours and projection heavy at first before dropping to moderate after an hour or two of wear. Best for cooler weather, but this performs better than most orientals in fall and spring and can even be pulled off on the coast on cooler summer evenings.
Put your nose on this one first, has a classiness about it that could win you over and a cold essence as well that may keep you distant.

Caist
Caist

This straight up smells like Estee Lauder Sensuous, and don't go into denial.. I just fooled an Estee Lauder Counter Manager and the part-timer, haha.

But I do like it, because when I did try Sensuous on that ghost of a fragrance followed me around for 3 days, DG dries down more modestly. However I do love the original The One, it's a clutch fragrance and the price is great. A good "Go-to, No-fail" But I had to laugh when I tried this one on, I have been constantly thinking "What the hell does this remind me of?"

Alas, you won't be smelling much like a gentlemen after you smell Sensuous. If you don't want to ruin this fragrance for yourself, just pretend I didn't say anything. lol

Jomoves
Jomoves

There's not a lot of love for this one and I think it's because it is structured very much like a vintage cologne. It's straight up masculine, without the usual softness and watery/sweet notes that make up most of the newer fragrances. It lasts live a vintage cologne as well. As you may have guessed by now, I'm a vintage guy so I think this is A+,

When I first bought this EDT I thought that I liked the smell. Now however, I find it too smoky/peppery/cardamom and too pungent a fragrance to have on all day or night, for that matter. I agree that it is a wintry fragrance and that it is masculine; but I find it too full on and not subtle enough.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Strong Star Anise "Black Licorice" thats dominate with and hint of lavender. "Off putting the first few wearings" Smell like the gum juicy fruit a bit.

Dry down: Smooth and much lighter with a Vanilla and sweet base. Notes of pachouli mixed in. But still holds the Black Licorice note. Linear... Small change from the opening.

Projection: High, received many comments on this. Mixed from bad to good.

Longevity: 6 to 8 hours, lasts a long time. Cold weathered fragrance.

Overall: Im divided. It is supposed to be light and classy, BUT the opening is loud and in your face! Its such a strong lavender and licorice that I couldn't get past the open. As far as the dry down, it does mellow out but its too sweet and candy like. IMO this isn't classy or Gentleman type of fragrance. Its distinctive and noticeable but for the wrong reasons. I do want to add I see this more as a womans fragrance.

Purchase: PASS I dont see most getting past its harsh open. I have had mostly negative comments saying its too sweet and strong.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

I read negative reviews, on here, of this frag. Was very uninterested. Well, took my wife with me to the frag section at sephora to pick out something she'd like to smell on me. My current (small but just getting started) collection consists of Dior homme, Le Male, TF Black orchid, egoiste (original not platinum), chanel de bleu, allure homme, allure homme sport extreme and pure malt. I have an older bottle of D&G the one and she absolutely loves it. So she picked up the one gentleman...she immediately oooohhh'd and aaaahhhh'd. She sprayed some on my hand and kept smelling me all night. Projection wasn't much, or so, I thought. I kept getting a "whiff" of this all throughout the night and the dance of her nose and my hand continued. I had to get some. I absolutely HATE the initial blast. The first 2 minutes are hard to battle through. But once it starts to dry down, the vanilla is a "smoky" vanilla on me...almost like a tobacco smell. No matter how little or much I use of this stuff, I continuously get whiffs of it throughout the day. Maybe it doesn't last on all, but on me, this stuff WON'T scrub off. Woke up the next morning and showered, sprayed my dior homme, and off to work I went. WHILE DRIVING I got the smell of the one gentleman...it was still on my hand! Every skin is different...and my skin loves this stuff...and so does my wife. Who really cares, if she's all over me with this stuff on, I'm in! Something about D&G the one and the one gentleman that the ladies love. This stuff definitely lasts longer than D&G the one.

CelloNYC
CelloNYC

The One by G&G is a superb winter cologne!
Warm, cardamon smelling base, it is a warm scent = think of wearing it when you wear cashmere sweaters, a scarf or anything winter. It might be overwhelming within the first 30 mins., but this cologne is a classy winter cologne you will remember decades to come. Classy!

dadulka82
dadulka82

I like this on my husband, it smells good!

cpa5oh
cpa5oh

Sweet bubble gum/juicy fruit is what I get from this one. Maybe a tiny bit of pepper but I have to be looking for that. 4 sprays and I'm smelling it on myself at 5pm and I applied it about 6am, so I'm getting 11+ hours out of this to my nose (2 sprays to my undershirt chest area, 2 to the sweater/sweatshirt - 1 back and 1 chest.) I don't know what the silage is - I smell it rather strong, but I don't know how close a person would have to be to me to smell it.

asrar mehdi
asrar mehdi

very poor fragrance from the D&G line hate this thing

roll4fun
roll4fun

"T1G" test spray got off to a good start, with pleasing, moderate spicy/pepper scent. However, frag dried down after an hour to a generic vanilla scent, lasted 4.5 hours on my skin. Nice enough for some at face value, but not enough to push "T1G" from the "wouldn't mind wearing" to a decisive "BUY" for me.

respect1983
respect1983

Really? the one gentleman? I think it should be the one gentleboy.boring!!! such another vanilla and lavender juice.sorry but its not for me.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

My guy actually wears this and it smells pretty good on him its subtle but present. Its more of an intimate scent. On him its all about the vanilla and pepper with light traces of cardamom and lavender.

For the heck of it I borrowed a few sprays of it today. On my skin its spicier a blast of cardamon with slight peppery undertones. Almost no lavender really with a light licorice vibe I'm assuming this is the fennel. Its quite nice. I actually find it to be quite wearable sweet but also spicy.

Seanery
Seanery

This is a beautiful fragrance. The notes that stand out to me are the Lavender, Patchouli, and the Vanilla. The pepper is in there but it is very light, which explains why it is a top note.

This perfume is nice because when compared to D&G The One, this is a lighter, smoother scent that, to me, paves the way FOR D&G The One. For example: during the fall, one would wear the D&G The One Gentleman. And like a gentleman, it would hold the door open for the D&G The One that one would wear in the winter at nighttime. Sortof like a trans-seasonal date between the twwo fragrances.

I think it is a gorgeous idea :)

SDavis93
SDavis93

This is not good at all, you can definitely smell some very light peppery notes then it quickly dries down to a faint vanilla skin scent.

there's really not much going on in 'Gentlemen' also no mid to this fragrance no lavender or cardamom just straight pepper and vanilla. its also really weak does not even last 1 hour on my skin.

the original 'The One' got away with poor longevity because the smell was so amazing, All 'The One' flankers are poor apart from the original which is one of the best smelling scents out there, D&G should take lessons from 'Chanel' on how to do flankers properly. 4.5/10

jonboy

Really really dispointed with this fragrance.
It really really reminds me of play doh from my childhood-you know the play putty stuff. I actually like the smell of play doh -slightly marzipany fragrance--but in a cologne--perhaps not.
Also doesn't last at all on my skin--this was a blind purchase (and a stupid one at that) and will be the last one for me for D&G colognes --very disappointing overall.

jonboy

Really really dispointed with this fragrance.

Legolas
Legolas

Nothing special about this fragrance..it smell's quite simple and linear..very good longevity,but i'm not a fan off D&G so I'l pass.....

juiceboxking
juiceboxking

I used to have this but sold it and have regretted it ever since (will be rebuying this winter). This has excellent longevity and decent sillage(unlike the original which has next to none; no comparison for me whatsoever; The One: 2 hours. The One Gentleman: ~10 hours). Definitely a winter fragrance. Have never smelled anything else like it, and it's definitely not for everyone. I doubt it's popular among the younger crowd; rather mature/sophisticated. Would be off-putting if one wasn't fond of it due to it's strength.

frog23
frog23

I was actually surprised by this scent. I thought it would be pretty generic for some reason. I like it. I pick up on the vanilla right away. A little powder smell but nothing that makes me dislike it. Haven't tried The One, rumors are that it has terrible projection but The One Gentleman was fine with me. Not overpowering, good anywhere scent. I wear it to work with no issue of it being too much. Try a sample if you can.

dascagdas
dascagdas

hello everybody ; the one or the one gentleman; Which has the best longevity and sillage ?

dres1877
dres1877

I got the 1.7FL. I also have The One which is my sig scent right now. This, my friend is a younger brother. A toned down version of The One. Very similar but they do differ a bit.

With that said. I spray this towards the end of my work day. The one tones down during my commute. So this will carry the scent that I'm looking for. You can spray this more than The one, definitely. So in other words if THe One is too strong for you then this is perfect for you.

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

This smells PERFECT. Gorgeous/handsome/classy/ sophisticated/modern timeless. I got 2 bottles of aftershave for 25 a piece at norstrom rack and i may just have to snag up a couple more or even their whole inventory lol. Hats off to DnG for creating such a great scent.

vsoesanto
vsoesanto

a beautiful scent on a rainy day. i'm not fond of the opening notes but let it sit on the skin for a couple of minutes, the scent gives off a sweet, woodsy notes. the opening resembles a baby powder crap that is not attractive at all. but after a few minutes, it dries down into a pleasant, sophisticated scent. the scent directs more toward the more mature age group. an all around great fragrance.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I got it from a very good swap, thanks to Ryal. As I am going through a YSL La Nuit phase I like D&G The One Gentleman very much, good old cardamon+lavender duet. It seems to be very discreet indeed, what is nice for me/work etc.... Perhaps it needs a little help from a citrus?

ryal
ryal

I received a 100ml bottle as a gift and can't wear it. Sprayed twice and never again. It's not bad, but it's just not my type of fragrance.
It's a dry vanilla-lavender combo, masculine but too serious. There's no enjoyable personality, just a pleasant enough smell that would fit in a work environment/office much better than it fits my lifestyle. The longevity wasn't that bad, actually - it's just that it wears really close to the skin after a while. Of course, that must have been due to the warm and humid climate I live in.

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

I am wearing this today..and I can't see this being worn in winter..doesn't give me that cold weather vibe at all..reminds me a lot of the original The One..the opening is different..at the moment I can say I like the dry down a lot..the opening is ok..but who knows where this fragrance will take me with more wears

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

i didnt like the top notes.
it kind of grows on you, once it starts settling in....
i think i had smelt similar frags before....but i like this one
imo, its better than the original The One...
fresh n spicy...
downside....bad longevity...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It went on with a woody/spicy note, so I thought that's what I was getting. (Oh, no - another boring generic woody/spicy scent.) But then it morphed into a vanilla fragrance, which was a mild surprise akin to learning that your aunt is now playing bingo across town rather than where she was.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This to me initially smelled woody. It is powdery, spicy, and warm to my nose. It is a nice scent, just wish it lasted longer. Elegant, good for night time use. Too light for my taste and it doesn't project strong. Try it.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

este perfume huele muy bien, recuerdo haber comprado black suede touch de avon y me recordo bastante este gentleman, especialmente porq tambien lleva pimienta pachuli y vainilla 3 importantes notas q comparten estas dos colonias, ahora la de dolce gabanna tiene lavanda y cardamomo q le dan un caracter mas varonil aparte de sus ingredientes son bastante mejores, en conclucion me quedo con el one gentleman q esta mejor hecho y tiene una salida sublime misteriosa y varonil, pruebenlo a mi gusto muchisimo mejor q el one a secas.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

djews..

i have 50m/1.7oz,and im happy for i bougt it.yes,this is really nice fragrance.if it finishes i buy again

djews
djews

Ok, I have had this one for a couple of years and I only bring it out once the weather cools down. I have forgotten how good this is! Wow! It is really top shelf for sure. When I first sprayed it at the shop and went on to buy it I remember it was as though it was the best thing I had ever smelt and I can understand why I thought that. Sweet but masculine and lasts all day, nice and warm, it just makes you feel really good, people love it too. Opening smells a bit old but from the half hour mark onwards It turns into magic and I reckon any age guy could get away with it. Great stuff indeed!

leo8581
leo8581

Ok I enjoy this fragrance. It smells similar in the dry down to one of the Avon Dempsey scents. I think that is the Pachouli however with this I do get the vanilla witch makes it a bit different and well better!!! I like it. You can smell pepper in the first spray but it dries at least on me to a patchouli vanilla scent...Not bad. I could wear this.

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

I prefer sharp green fragrances so this is out of my comfort zone. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. It's too much vanilla and too sweet, but I find myself reaching for it constantly. It wears well is the best description I have for it. Work functions, dinners, outdoor functions- very pleasant with a slight edge. Hard to explain how a sweet scent can project a mature refined aura like this one.

rabeer99
rabeer99

This's new character, I use it every work in my office. I call "Modern Man", Vanilla is strong. If you're gentleman in millennium, you need it.

Sahm1985
Sahm1985

سلام
با عرض معذرت از طرفدارای این کار ولی به نظرم افتــــــــــضاح اومد یه ادکلن خسته کننده حوصله سر بر و کسالت آور که به نظر من برای این برند ، این کار یه عیب خیلی بزرگ محسوب می شه

Zdavies
Zdavies

Perfect scent!!! great dry down kind of scent you have on a a woman's house with Sade music playing romantic with a edge, a scent you wear when the best seller is wore by all the fellas, so you stand out and good on the skin. longevity if the woman is kissing your neck.

esteban747
esteban747

I never fell in love with this perfume, everytime I smell it I'm neutral about it.
It's nice, at first a little sweet, but then it turns a little flowery and powdery.
I nguess it can be considered a sexy, modern fragrance and also one that if abused can give serious headaches tu people near by!
I don't smell the pepper, but I do smell a constant vanilla, cardamom and lavender. this is a fragrance that I can easily give away and simply forget about it without any regrets.

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

just like it's name, it's smell so gentleman. to me it's smell like burning wood.suitable for high class and suit men in 25-45 ages. not for teen.it last very good on my skin about 6+ and sillage is enough.it's best for high class party.
همانطور که از اسمش معلومه این عطر مخصوص آقایان با کلاس و میانسال با تیپ کت و شلواریه. این عطر دقیقا بوی چوب سوخته می ده.ماندگاری و پخش بوش رضایت بخشه. کلا کاره خوبیه.

Ayyappann
Ayyappann

smells okay...but really not long lasting...

sagranha
sagranha

not nice for my nose

nurigs
nurigs

Not bad quality but still very s oft and none longevity, just for hot summer days,

waqaskhan55
waqaskhan55

Smelt this the other day, in comparison to The One original this is exactly the same but without the magic. It has a element of slight generic bore.

sarifuchs
sarifuchs

good smell but so so so boring. simple

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

I got this for my bf a few months ago, its so manly and gorgeous, not a sweet fruity aftershave at all,very beautiful and 'gentleman' like, my bf wears on a night out as it is very nigh time like, this is my fav mens aftershave.

shreeram
shreeram

Its a good sweet smelling frag, however low on longevity. Otherwise a decent frag.

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

The guy who wrote this fragrance doesn't really smell like it's notes hit the nail on the head. In fact, it does smell "oudy sweet anise bubblegum" like, which I actually liked better than than what I expected it would smell like.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

Dolce and Gabbana never disappoint me love this I must admit personally I like light blue a little better but this ... didn't let me down :)

kida2010
kida2010

I know the notes are there and maybe its the combination but i get an oudy sweet anise bubblegum type smell :) and its not all that bad. Just gets a bit boring after a while. Doesnt reflect the package as a whole, dont be fooled by the name.
Nice winter scent though.

zazzymoomoo
zazzymoomoo

Lavender-vanilla-patcholi i want the ladies to give this one a try! Its not just for the guys with notes that are sweet and creamy grounded by the patcholi. Love this one quite unisex, in my opinion.

davna
davna

I got the same smell from Ella Mikao Yujin Steel

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Audaciously bland, from top to bottom. Generic pepper at the opening is almost immediately joined by the 'baby lotion' effect. This lasts for the whole rest of the scent, to the point of being nauseating. The vanilla is not supported at all well by the lavender for me, and the blending simply lazy.

No apples, as some have suggested. No cinnamon or cardamom. Fleeting at best to the point of saying 'why did they bother?'

The bottle is not even the cheapest around and the whole affair is your simple designer standard. Pass and then some! Try a sample of Invasion Barbare from MDCI. Similar notes to here, but achieves a World's worth more. Sorry.

3/10.

PowerSense
PowerSense

mmmmmmmm., great smell. I believe this is a darker sweetness scent.....better for winter or rainy days.

it is sweeet, but NOT over the top. there is a balance in it that makes you feel safe. its unique, but doesn't make you stand out awkwardly.

i think of marshmellows....haha. but really, there is a deep sweetness to it. it can be elegant and casual all at once.

frankly, its a balanced scent for a variety of situations

jamesivan
jamesivan

There are plenty of bottles that doesn't live up to it's name. Fortunately, for The One Gentleman, the juice lives up to the name. Its a classy manly scent. Pepper and Vanilla are dominant notes through out although it dries down to more of smooth vanilla kind of feel with a little hint of pepper present. If the notes scare you, don't be alarmed, this is by no means an offensive scent.

The scent glows on you for hours and hours. The longevity is great on me. I get 11 hours out of it. You might think it fade out after several hours but its there. This is a unique scent which has the effect of light glowing on you and you get whiffs of it time and time again and think, " wow ! that smells so good ". Projection isn't screaming loud but it can get you noticed and get good remarks. All in all, The One Gentleman is a great flanker and I'm really happy I purchased it. Give this one a try. This is a perfect scent for work and occasions. Classy !

The ingredient quality seems quite good here! The balance is within tolerable limits as well. There seems to be a touch of something resinous in the base that isn't listed with the notes given on this page. I'd be curious to know what this might smell like if the fennel was stronger. However this is rather simple, for those who care, though there is good dynamism among the notes that are present.

UPDATE: I like this more than I did at first, and wonder what reviews would be like if it had been released by Chanel and called Coromandel Pour Monsieur. Let me point out what this one is not:

"Synthetic."
Complex.
Bubble gum-like.
Overloaded with irritating musks (as in Allure Pour Homme), iso e super, calone, dihydromyrcenol, etc.
Lacking in depth.
Too sweet.
Too powdery.
Crude/unbalanced.

In other words, it's better than just about all the recent releases I've sampled. Of course, you might be a big iso e super fan, for example, which is precisely why I'm trying to be as specific as possible here.

ijoezel
ijoezel

sweet, lavender vanilla bubble gum is what this smells to me.

i am testing out my uncle's THE ONE GENTLEMAN. it is nice. it's perfect for the cool weather because of its sweetness.

i do not smell the transition between notes that strongly though. because once i have sprayed it. i get that sweet bubble gum smell. i'm guessing that could have been the mixture of lavender, vanilla and pepper notes dominating. smelling the sprayer it still smells like bubble gum. and i think that's the best way to describe this fragrance. "sweet, lavender, vanilla bubble gum". and the gum is the strongest to smell with this fragrance.
after 3hrs.it's focusing a bit more on the vanilla and lavender but the gum still's stuck there.
i do get literary a bit of a headache after inhaling it about 10 times every 15 seconds trying to study the smell. but if you don't get that, this is a good date or winter scent. or maybe just wear it every night even without a date. it really complements the cool night breeze.

attitude of the fragrance is not an elegant and sophisticated gentleman though, it doesn't even show uniqueness as the name "the one" dictates. to me it shows a nice, fun loving guy, enjoying the night, chewing his gum.

projection is pretty average on my skin. this could be a formal and casual scent worn at nights. longavity is about 4 to 6 hours on me.

if you love bubble gum guys, this is THE ONE for you!

GMK
GMK

Take some Givenchy PH and L Instant Guerlain and put some litters of water in it... here it is THE GENTLEMAN....

RobbieX

Very nice fragrance. A really pleasant light oriental which is well blended! The vanilla and lavender with pepper is really nice. A lot like Sartoriale by Pal Zileri. This is a lovely, well produced EDT and I like it a lot!

qwerty82
qwerty82

This is very, very nice. Tested it yesterday with 2 heavy sprays on each wrist. What a beautiful opening. The drydown is beautiful too. Such a smooth classy and relaxing scent. This oozes elegance. The longevity with me was quite good. Sprayed it at 08:30 pm and could still smell it on my wrists when I woke at 6am.
The One Gentleman is next on my shopping list.
Most of the mainstream scents on sale these days give me a headache but I did not experience this with the One Gentleman as it so creamy and smooth and easy to wear.
Can't wait to purchase a bottle.

Edit 23.6.12
My wife gave me a gift of 50ml bottle. I love it. So elegant and smooth. Definitely my type of scent.

Morts
Morts

nice fragrance but not as strong as I would have preferred! very average sillage and longevity.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I've gotten and returned this one now twice. A very interesting frag with a lot of personality and I do like it, but it isn't one that I can wear often. Didn't seem as well suited for the office as the original "The One for Men".

pjcreative
pjcreative

I really love this scent! I mean really. To me, on me, it glows and indirectly radiates for hours and hours on end. I have got as long as 15 hours. At first, upon spraying it, I'm reminded of the smell of fresh fruity pebbles (the Flintstones cereal). To me it smells EXACTLY like that cereal upon spraying it on the backside of my hand. About 10 minutes after the initial spray the fruit pebbles scatters and in comes the mysterious beautiful sexy scent of " the one gentleman". The fruityness tones down a bit and becomes more seductive and mysterious, and when this happens I can detect the original "the one". What I get upon dry down is this: sweet,mysterious,blue vanilla,creamy mild lavender,more blue,dark blue,calming,relaxing and confident,and an omnipresent quality that delivers in surround. Absolutely a masterpiece in my opinion.

When I place my hand directly to my nose a half hour into it, it "seems" to have dissapated and this is where I feel most people give it the notorious longevity or projection problems in their reviews. This fragrance is omnipresent on me and has a "surround sound" projection about it during it's life on your skin. There have been many times where I have said under my breath "I love this scent" hours after spraying it. The best way to understand it's time released quality is to sample it. I am tough on fragrances and have a love hate relationship with many, but in my opinion this one really does it for me. I am 41 years old and I feel that fragrances suit a personality rather than an age.

"Having expectations about ANYTHING can and almost always leads to disappointment"....Accept what it is for what it is, and you'll enjoy whatever it is more often than not. That's what the one gentleman says to me....

jebaso
jebaso

like this more than the original. the original's lighter version. lesser seductive, lesser spicy, lesser intense but fresher, cleaner and more sophisticated and more delicious. best for early night out and dinner dates. but for longevity, the original lasts longer. next to try is the sport edition.

bwcw81
bwcw81

Smart, Mature and Warmth scent for me. It start with very strong peppery scent, minutes later it turns to strong smoky lavender + cardamom scent, last for hours and then last note is patchouli with light dusty vanilla scent. Longevity and projection is super great, one can detect it from far and it last more than 5 hours on me, very high quality juice.

The One Gentleman well suit the name - I can imagine gentleman with a nice suit/ formal dressing carrying this perfectly. It might not be groundbreaking and screaming loud, but it is surely Smart and polite in it's projection, a well blended fragrance - I like it a lot.

Overall, this is a very nice formal scent for office wear and special dinner fragrance, a safe choice too.
7/10 from me. Well done.

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

D&G should focus more on longevity

Kain
Kain

A good fragrance from D&G.
Start spicy and strong. It's a little hard to detect the notes in the opening for me but definitely I can smell pepper, watercress, cardamom, patchouli and some lavender and hint of vanilla! Yes! actually in the opening you can almost smell all the notes in this fragrance.
Very complicated smell at the start.
It's peppery and also green with herbal smell.
In the drydown the vanilla become stronger with lavender and some cardamom. sweet and yummy!
Very pleasant smell but nothing really special about this fragrance.
The longevity is average and projection is below average.
عطر خوشبو و دوست داشتنی هست
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر پیچیده هست
شما تقریبا تمام رایحه هایی که عطر ازش تشکیل شده رو میتونین در اون لحظه اول که اسپری میکنین استشمام کنین
بوی تند به خاطر وجود فلفل به همراه حس گیاهی و کمی شیرین
در ادامه بوش کمی شیرین تر میشه به خاطر وجود وانیل به همراه لاوندر و هل
متاسفانه پخش بوش خیلی بده و ماندگاریش هم زیاد خوب نیست

PetalBloom
PetalBloom

Oh this has to be my fave scent on a man!
I wish all men could smell this good all the time.
Brought this for my other half and insisted he made the switch lol...good job he now likes it.
Very peppery when first applied but drys down into a lovely soft spicy scent! Yummy yummy!

minosha
minosha

One of my personal very favorites! You can definitely smell the combination of pepper, vanilla and lavender. Perfect fragrance for men between the age of 20-30 to wear during the fall and spring. Too bad the fragrance lacks longevity, but still I give this one a 7.5/10.

spraek
spraek

This is almost the same juice as Dior home. Original.. Which I have both for sale the original silver ring formula 1.7 oz and this one also will sell 3.4 oz bottle for less then retail if anybody wants them hit ,Me up

partan.iran
partan.iran

با وجود اینکه جدید نیست ، اما همانطور که از اسمش پیداست بسیار شیک و خوشبو ، وبسیار مردانه

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

I really like this. In the bottle it's reversed, I prefer The One to this. But when sprayed I prefer The one Gentlemen to the other. This is spicy and powdery. It could be a great signature scent for a man, not a boy. It's adventurous and out doorsey. Spicy and powdery and leathery. I like it a lot.

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

very elegant and serious! for me it's not suited for young boys like me, but for men over 40

steveniox
steveniox

I love this scent. On me, this opens quite peppery but also fresh, almost cucumber-like. As it dries down, the vanilla begins to come through, with the slight spice of cardamom and just a background hum of citrus. It trails out to a lovely vanilla. My only gripe would be that this all happens very quickly, the vanilla being the only thing I can smell after about an hour.

bebozizo83
bebozizo83

the one gentlemen from d&g
soul from hugo boss
and visit from azzaro

i think they're the same

editionblanche
editionblanche

outstanding oriental
longevity and sillage are good
but yet too sweet for a man
i prefer the original one

ChiefWiggum420
ChiefWiggum420

Like most have said you initially are initially greeted with a the spiciness of pepper. However, on my skin at least, that spiciness is quickly remedied with the lavender and patchouli.

Soon after that it fades into a creamy-vanilly musk, my favorite stage. I like this scent for the fall and winter. A quiet nights in, warm and cozy type of scent. It is light but doesn't remain too close to the skin. The only thing I have a minor issue with is the longevity. The vanilla creme does linger, but it is very, very subtle.

freedweed
freedweed

The One Gentleman opens with a bit of an interesting sharp and sour character. Then it drys down to a very nice base. So it starts off and goes with a youthful attitude and ends pleasant and classy. I like it. It's ok. A strong try or buy if you like the opening. My opinion is based on two sample bottles for test purposes. As an update I did buy a 1.7oz for the new year. Cheers

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mixture of caramel and soap which is intense to begin with, but soon fades..

I applied 6 heavy sprays.

0- 1 hours - Intense soapy & caramel (odd combo) cocktail which projects and people turn around, many people turn around, ok, stop looking in my direction!

1- 2 hours - Some projection but not like the 1st hour, drats

2 hours- very close to skin

Not for me due to longevity, shame

I smelt this on a man last week and I had to know the name of it. Despite the fact I embarassed my man by approaching random men in a nightclub and asking what cologne they were wearing, I managed to find out that the man in particular was wearing The One Gentleman.

This is incredibly sexy stuff, not to mention sophisticated too. I found the original The One for Men a little bland, but this flanker is to die for. It has prominent accords of lavender, cardamon, vanilla and patchouli. It's musky, herbaceous, woodsy, spicy and sweet all rolled into one.

It opens quite peppery and spicy, not unlike Bang by Marc Jacobs. Later it settles into a smooth vanilla and lavender blend which is the sexiest part. It's a touch dry but also quite chocolatey and creamy at the same time.

The patchouli in the base creates this gorgeous earthiness that is hard to describe. The scent also turns a little powdery in the drydown which is a surprise, but also something that I admire about this composition. This is probably one of my favourite masculine releases in the last few years. It has a lot to love about it.

There's this beautiful contrast between sweet and spicy, which makes me think that The One Gentleman could in fact be worn by brave ladies. The scent itself is unobtrusive but not too light. It leaves a lovely trail, hence the reason why I approached the man wearing it in the first place. Not to mention, the guy was incredibly cute, but don't tell my boyfriend that.

midos
midos

this is a crazy one from D&G ! : Lavender+ vanilla and patchouli !u smell the all the 3 !! I like it .just wear it and feel how confident u are ! this is 30+ age ,spring & winter parfum!
Longevity & Sillage: good

migueldematos
migueldematos

Lacks in uniqueness. To me it is very similar to Givenchy Organza Indecence for women. But I like it...

DaZeD
DaZeD

Great scent, but it doesn't last that long on me, the smell fades over 3 to 4 hours into a subtle sweet smell wich is still very good, but a little too weak for my likings.

-scent 8.
-Longevity 6.
-Sillage 6.5.

alli8769
alli8769

My spontainious reaction sniffing on this one was that it smells like mulled wine and play-doh. I'm not a fan.

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

This one is another masterpiece from D&G

mcpapoo
mcpapoo

good one...masculine,wear it with a suit tailored one...

rzesteves
rzesteves

My first impression wasn't good but I have changed my opinion.After its drydown I could realize this fragrance is pretty confortable. Good longevity on my skin. Maybe the word Gentleman makes you think it is a scent for mature men but I don't think so. In my opinion it will be appropiated for young guys too.

michael1975
michael1975

much prefer the original,this is quite ordinary

Grottola
Grottola

Uh.... no.

This is basically Karma by Lush with a lot more vanilla. If you've smelled Lush, or not, there is a very strong and annoying banana/cilantro/dirty taco note that I have attributed to either poor use of patchouli, or intrusive lemongrass.

Perhaps it's some woody-amber aromachemical reacting weird on my skin. Whatever it is, it comes back in The One Gentleman and goes straight from my nose to my brain where a headache starts developing.

Not for me, sorry.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Very nice!
It smells like orange peel and vanilla ice cream blended with a little bit spice

periquito89
periquito89

Some scents based on nutmeg generates a feeling that make me remember each one of them. Examples: Boss Soul, Intimately Beckham Men and the strong Kenzo Jungle Homme. I don't see nutmeg listed here, but it is another scent that gives me the same feeling. So, pretty unoriginal to my nose. But, at the same time, to my nose also, I find it better than the other three I mentioned. Oriental? More woody, that's what I think. I was expecting more.

antonpan

Today I tried Kenzo Jungle and unerstood that The one Gentleman is a copy of it, maybe less spicy. What a shame - I thought that The one Gentleman is sth new in the perfumery...

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

It's pepper sweetned by vanilla.
Very relaxing and pleasant but not unique.
More suitable for work fall and winter.
I didn't test the longevity but all community complain about it.
Comparing to original i see same type of sweetness in both.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Less smoky, more of a softer spice, a softer scent all over. Gentleman incorporates the more floral side of the scent and adds a tinier dash of pepper, but also uses a more dominant yet softer vanilla base.

By Gentleman, it seems to mean a more subtle and mature personality than the original.

To decide between the two, its simple:
The One is more resiny from the Ambergris, Cedar and cardamom, and projects a lil more.
Gentleman goes for the softer, peppery vanilla body.

I prefer Gentleman.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Dolce and Gabbana The One Gentleman

This fragrance really reminds me of the original "The One" in a very subtle way. The opening is totally different thanks to its strong peppery vibe that hits my nose in a very pleasant way. I have to admit that I kindof like it albeit not being fond of pepper note very much myself.

There is a trend in having pepper as one of the top notes in many recent fragrances. By this, I mean it is well formulated unlike Hugo Boss Element, which is rather ill-implemented, if you ask me. Therefore, The One Gentleman reminds me of Marc Jacob Bang and they are equally good at the top notes department.

Regarding its name, I truly believe the word "Gentleman" is defined to reflect its smooth, sweet and charming vibes rather than being overly masculine. "Sophisticated modern man" suits the concept of The One Gentleman very well.

My thoughts:
Longevity: Very good
Sillage: Very good
Bottle design: Unique with blue juice making fragrance collectors keen to own it :D
Recommended? (Try/Buy/Pass): (Definitely)Try :)

Cheers,

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

One word...creamsicle. I put just one spray on my wrist this morning, and here it is afternoon, and I'm still getting strong whiffs of this. Out of the bottle, I didn't like it. Too sweet...nothing like a gentleman if you ask me...this is cloying. As I sit here, it is not an unpleasant smell, but there is nothing sexy or subtle about this. It is almost gourmand with its deep vanilla. I am guessing those of you who like JPG Le Male, will like this as well, maybe even better. For me, it is too loud, too sweet, too heavy. The scent could not be further from its advertising if it tried.

mehrdad
mehrdad

عطرهای دلچی گابانا روی هم رفته خوب هستند و خود من در بین کارهایشان مردانه قدیمی را خیلی دوست دارم و بلو لایت زنانه اش را هم خیلی استقبال ازش شده است اما د وان هم بوی خوبی دارد و دوامش هم بد نیست اما عطر جدید دلچی گابانا یعنی د وان جنتلمن با آنکه دوام د وان را ندارد باز هم رایحه خوبی داشته و بنظرم برای تابستان مناسب است باید در تابستان دوام و پخش و رایحه اش را تست کرد و نظر داد و بعد هم اگر خوب بود خریداری کرد

hay81hay
hay81hay

its share 10% of the original the rest of it are more woody and touch of oriental with less spicy
what D&G did is ruin the original and the name "THE ONE"
longevity looks V good
over all its fine , but its not great as the original .
D&G shouldn't relate this one to the name and bottle of the original .

lilou
lilou

I gave this new version to my husband : perfect for him. The One Gentleman is a lighter version of The One : younger, punchy, attractive and sweet. Good lasting.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

I bought this for my husband for Christmas. It is a wonderful, drive me crazy scent. Now for the bad news, we had to return it. My husband tried it for two days. Although the scent was nice, it did not last on him. After 3 hours you would never know he had it on. That was even layering the scent (I bought him the gift set). I don't see paying that much for something that won't last, and trust me it is not cheap.

RobbieX

A rather boring, generic, dry, dusty, sweet, spicy oriental fragrance. Again, like "The One" is nothing special.

antonpan

Less sexy successor of vanilla-based The one with addition of patchouli that makes the scent sickening. Nevertheless I can’t deny the uniqueness of The one Gentleman.

marioslg
marioslg

Nothing special for me...it is a lighter version of the original...boring and nothing extraordinary.

guest_Erika
guest_Erika

Yes, yes, yes! ChristopheD is right ! It's very similar to Karl Lagerfield Capsule Woody. It smells wonderfull ! The better one than The one original for me.

da_markos
da_markos

For shure it's non ofensive, rather close to skin scent. As name say - it's gentleman, not macho or bully perfume.
I can agree with VanAllan - it's start fruity - synthetic fruity. Hopefully those "mr propper" notes fade away quicly. After that we have cardamon,vanille and musk (imho musk is there). It's this part that stay close to skin and quite long.
This one have nothing to do with regular "The one". To be hones i prefere regular one - abut this i'm indiffer

youngreview
youngreview

wow! I love this scent!
subtle and tamed, but sophisticated and proper.
Me being fourteen, I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed this.
It opens up with a light pepper note and a very clean vanilla bean scent, and this vibe stays on the wearer for the whole longevity.
10-15 minutes later I get a warm apple pie vibe from the cardamon similar to la nuit de l'homme be in a more neutral position. By the end I get all of the above with a dark lavender vibe added to it.

I can see the original one for clubbing parties ect. and this one being a perfect daytime scent.

Originality- 7
Top-6
Heart-7
Bass-8
Longevity- 6
Amplification- 7

adamnor

i hasd as sample for this today. and got couple of good feedbascks.
i rate this one:

smell-8/10
lenghth-9/10

lfmars98
lfmars98

Nice opening of pepper and vanilla. The drydown on my skin is similar to Guerlain L'Instant for men EDP. I don't need to buy this.

bronstein
bronstein

This one is heavily advertised around here in my town at the moment, it has a nice name, a deservedly popular sister-fragrance, and a stylish label - expectations were high.

I gave it a couple of tries, but it doesn't suit me. It's one of those new scents that smell all too much like freshly made cookies to me. Don't get me wrong, I love cookies, but they're just sweet, not sexy. Being sweet and sexy are not necessarily the same thing.

Remember: if you want to seduce someone, being sweet alone is not enough.

VanAllan
VanAllan

Starts like a Wrigley chewing gum (the yellow one-juicy fruity, 'iMaverick' is right!), then little spicy & fresh with nice lavender & cardamom.

From this point forward, to the sweet-warm base, I get a strong similarity with Guerlain L'Instant and something from patchouli-vanilla combo also reminds me of Gucci Rush PH, a discontinued fragrance.

I still like better The (original) One, so I'll pass this one for cold weather, and go for L'Instant de Guerlain. Voila!
My personal rank 6.5/10. ☣☣ Sorry D&G!

It's not anything like BY, but it is very nice! Where By was nutty and had dry, sweet florals on a bed of leather and tobacco. The herbal side of By was airy and clean, but here it's warmer...

This begins with a twist of pepper over fennel. The fennel jumped out at me immediately! As the spices blend with the cardamom and lavender they become sweeter and fuller. It stays warm yet emanates coolness and sophistication. The lavender is so beautiful in this one. There are whispers of the original here, but they remain discreetly in the background. The drydown is much better than I expected it to be. I figured patchouli and vanilla would be overbearing together,(like when your man goes out with his drinking buddy and the normally mild-mannered guy becomes, after 2 drinks, the instant idiot!)but they bring out the best in each other. Vanilla's sweet thickness really balances patchouli's dry, musky type of earthiness creating something sublime! Oh, if only the Anthology series was made like TOG is...

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.25/5

This is not like what I thought it would be, but you can detect all the notes listed. It is quite genteel, but has a dark intrigue about it and is very sexy; (even on paper!) and it is much better on skin. Something in this reminds me of absinthe liquer-most likely the fennel and cardamom-and almost brings a flush to my cheeks, when I first smell it...we have a definite keeper here, as I actually like this more than The One for men-I LOVE IT!!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Within this handsome pale blue oriental, I can detect some of the elements used in the original "The One." While they relate, they differ in many ways. The One is not so generous when it comes to being subtle. The wearer wants to be acknowledged, recognized and center of the world without being too cocky. Gentleman lives up to it's name and lacks the heaviness carried by the original. You could say The One Gent is a more tolerable version for those overwhelmed by it's predecessor, with the addition of the lasting lukewarm vanilla dry-down.

It is definitely not like Gucci Rush for Men. It's peppery and incensey while remain fresh and "gentle". I don't get anything else much but jump straight down to the base. The base is all about patchouli that I don't like (and my skin loves to amplify it lately!). Luckily, vanilla gives it a subtle sweet and make patchouli more tolerable. Good scent tho but sorry! but this won't make it to my wardrobe.

adamnor

i used it yesterday, still smell it, wonderfull stuff.

iMaverick
iMaverick

At first, I was put off, because at the opening, I smelled something like Juicy Fruit Stripe chewing gum. But as it faded away I was pleased to smell something much like a hybrid scent. Its core reminded me of the green aquatic qualities as in Calvin Klein Truth, and wrapped in a seductive ambery warmth, like that of Cavalli Oro. The patchouli in the drydown really makes the vanilla seductive. I really like this one. I don't think they really needed to play on The One because this scent can stand on its own.

Deetron
Deetron

At first a I was a little bit disappointed – nothing special to me, but after one hour, that Gentleman turned itself into something very special – warm and sweet. The smell after 2 hours is very well balanced and definitely it’s a very stylish scent. I think the secret is in the mix between vanilla and pepper. The dry down is great and it makes Gentleman a top class autumn/winter men scent.

Kiddinx
Kiddinx

This one totally reminds me of the discontinued Gucci Rush Man which I still have.
Somehow I have the feeling that this is a copy of Gucci Rush.
Anyone else is having that feeling?

So for me it´s not worth to buy it.

guest_Drizzy
guest_Drizzy

If you haven't smelled it yet it will most likely be VERY different than what you were expecting. This is a very mature scent that definitely isn't a high school or even college scent. The One Gentlemen will work great for the 30+ crowd bc it shows sophistication w/o being offensive or old man-ish.

vertigo
vertigo

I don't like the original. It has some sort of sweetness I don't like to smell on men, and it goes through all its phases.

Gentleman is different, the name is good, it's gentle... I'd even say it's a sort of a skin scent, has a very poor sillage, you really have to come up very close to actually smell it ... but then you could find yourself in heaven. Ok, at least lifted 30 cm over the pavement.

The top and heart are barely smellable. Very soft delicate lavender with a bit of spices. When the base shows after a couple of hours, the scent melts on skin to a lovely, not-too-sweet vanilla with just the right amount of patchouli, no one stands out here. I can still smell the light mist of lavender on this stage.

Big staying power, good concept - I love the colour of this liquid! Great flanker.
Bravo Dolce&Gabbana!

guest_scenty
guest_scenty

I'm not too keen on how this scent starts off, but give it about an hour and it transforms into something special.
The drydown is amazing. I still get a slight peppery smell, the longer time passes the more predominent the patchouli and vanilla smells become, which is something a lot of women seem to like. But it's like there is something also there, like a very slight citrus smell too.

crestfallen
crestfallen

THis smells like straight up bubble gum and a mix of a few diff candies. I was suprised that D&G even considered this to be the flanker AND call it "Gentlemen", this smells juvenile to me

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I bought the 1.7 oz yesterday from Macy's and I think I just might need a bigger bottle! This is a fantastic winter scent! It smells like Vanilla and Patchouli and something else sweet, sensual and spicy. It smelled better sprayed than in the magazine! I love this one more than the original. Not to mention the beautiful bottle! Another Fifi for my MAIN men D&G, perhaps??? :)

guest_Jorg Heider
guest_Jorg Heider

Holla, perfect scent for winters but does not lasts long, 3 to 4 hours.
The One old is much better in Lasting.

guest_guest_Midos
guest_guest_Midos

Very nice and classy 35+ winter parfum.
acceptable longevity !but very warm parfum for rainy days too!!

guest_snoopy
guest_snoopy

gave this a try because I like the 1.unfortunately it was the last one I tried that day so it was not a fair test.it was sweet with a strong lavender note.need to test again to be sure.

guest_Dutch
guest_Dutch

I smelled this frag on one of those scented magazine ads in men's health.

i own the original "the one" and i love it, except for the average sillage and longevity.

this version is more of a lighter, floral/aqua/lavander feel to it. classy, yet light.

in sharp contract is the original "the one" which is more of a spicy oriental fragrance.

ill wait for reviews. but if this new version is just a different scent and doesnt improve on the sillage and longevity, i wont be getting this. if this is somehow an "extreme" version and last longer and projects more, ill get it.

very classy smell.

I am wondering if this is what Dolce & Gabbana are offering to replace the sexy masterpiece of BY for Men...

The top is peppery, but not nutty. The heart is also dominated by lavender(like BYs) but this has the aromatic, sweet fennel and smooth, dry cardamom instead of BY's dry green tarragon. The base of earthy dirty patchouli and sweet, sharp vanilla is oriental while BY's was more woody, resinous with manly notes of tobacco and Leather. The tops and hearts are more similar than the drydowns; although, both bases are oriental they end in very different ways...This is sure to be stunning if it IS the heavier evening version of the super masculine and elegant THE ONE for Men.

My only question to Stefan and Domenic is why not re-release the original BY for Men?! Everybody and their brother who passed on it in the 90s due to the wild flacon probably wish they had snapped it up...considering it is going for $199.00 USD and up on eBay...It was in my opinion the sexiest fragrance for men ever!

When I finally procure this version of The One for Men I will, of course, judge it on its own merits. Hopefully though, it can fill some of the gaping void left by the long, lost zebra-striped cologne no one (as yet) could begin to touch...

jonr951
jonr951

Ive been wondering when theyd do another The One for men. I LOVE the original! It was my high school graduation gift so it will always be special to me. It sounds really nice!! I LOVE lavender & vanilla!! This could be very interesting!! I cant wait!!! : )

The One Gentleman by Dolce&Gabbana 3.70 out of 5 based on 656 ratings and 134 user reviews

THE ONE GENTLEMAN for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY .27 OZ MINI
Dolce Gabbana The One Gentleman Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Gentleman Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Gentleman Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Gentleman Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz After Shave Balm 50ml 1.7oz Shower Gel 50ml 1.6oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana The One Gentleman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana The One Gentleman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The One Gentleman by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The One Gentleman by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.