Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

The One Lace Edition Dolce&Gabbana for women

The One Lace Edition Dolce&Gabbana for women
dislike

The One Lace Edition Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos
The One Lace Edition Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures The One Lace Edition Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures The One Lace Edition Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

The One Lace Edition is a limited version for 2011 of the original perfume The One from 2006. The concept is inspired by lace and sexy female lingerie. The new fragrance reveals sensual and intimate side of The One fragrance and lingers to the skin like fine and expensive underwear. It appears that the notes of the composition remained the same as the original, but the package is decorated with lace motifs.

Top notes: bergamot, peach, lychee and mandarin. Heart: Madonna lily, lily of the valley and jasmine. Base: plum, amber, vanilla, vetiver and musk.

The new campaign video is shot by Jean Baptiste Mondino. Its face is Scarlett Johansson, who said that the fragrance: “really represents a feeling of self confidence and self-assuredness. Someone who feels like they walk into a room they own it and they’re comfortable in their own skin and they’re comfortable with who they are. "

The fragrance is available as 50 ml EDP.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Peach Litchi

Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Lily

Vetiver Musk Amber Vanille plum

The One
L`eau The One

The One Lace Edition Fragrance Reviews

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

This is about as tropical as I can get with any perfume.. warm, fruity scents are not really my thing, but oooff this is just delicious!

Love most variations of The One, this however is still my favorite. Not too sweet, and light enough for me to wear on hot summer nights! Kind of silky and discrete

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

Wow, the power of advertising and packaging has really been given the thumbs up judging by the reviews here. By P&G adding a touch of feminine lace to the original packaging, everybody's psychological preferences and influences have been manifested in believing this to be a different fragrance. Well... IT 'AINT!!!

I'll repeat that for those who are about to jump up and belligerently defend their original assertions.

IT 'AINT!!!

No, it's not a slight reformulation, it's exactly the same. No difference in concentration, no balancing, no tweaking, twerking or ribbons and bows. No.
And yes, I have made effective communications upon which to base my confirmation.

The success of some fragrances has unfortunately relied on the equal success of the media and advertising behind it. We all have fragrances which we utterly defend but which we know perhaps aren't quite as good as we wish they were. God knows I tried my hardest to not like PR 1MILLION, I detest yellow gold. But GODDAMMIT I can't deny it to be a beautifully balanced fragrance that is in danger of being the victim of it's own success. Thankfully though there are some true experts( wish I was one of them) who know their stuff and give a truly valid and unselfish opinion in order to help us test our perceptions. My best advice to myself has always been, to search out the best, compare the rest and then test before starting all over again. I know there are thousands of future greats lying around the fragrance laboratories of the world just waiting for the right house, concept and advertising to propel them through the roof which match the majority of tastes of the consumer. Just be realistic and honest with yourself in making your judgements.
I'll shut up now.

harpist
harpist

I was surprised to find a tester at Nordstorm and was able to secure a decant to compare to the original The One I had a home. The SA had told me confidently that this was a limited edition bottle but with the same juice, however I disagree! As a fan of the original, I was able to test this side by side.

This is a much softer version of The One. Lace has a sweeter plum and lychee warmth- overall the dry down is near identical but Lace is definitely more lightly fruity. The florals are a soft whisper mixed in with the creamy amber and musks. They both have that signature feeling from this line but have individual nuances. The original has a harsher and more bitter vetiver note that gives it a more powdery and darker strength.

My only qualm is that the plum might be a bit more sour on other people's chemistry but Lace The One works beautifully for me. If you were turned off to how strong and smokey the vetiver note is in the original, I'd definitely recommend Lace. This one is more well-rounded in fruits and doesn't have that intense "dirty" twist. She is seductive as a classy lady in an intelligent soft-spoken and elegantly reserved way.

Moderate to soft silage and 4-5 hours of lasting power. Tempted to commit, but I think I am content with The One for now. However this Lace bottle is irresistible...

luvlyjoyce
luvlyjoyce

I would descried this as gourmand, probably my favourite powder so far, chocolaty, vanilla, conforting and definitely a winter fragrance it warms you up, though I also see it in a hot country because it has a coconut hint, I prefer this one to the original one. It is more sensual. Though it is a pretty common smell because of vanilla. I think it smells exactly like Gucci Rush that is discontinued so I was happy to find it at the duty free. There's no reason why it is more expensive than the original one just marketing I guess. Well I know I will like this for a long time..if I don't wear it everyday..this smell can get overpowering at the office I find...so definitely with a date or boyfriend or reviving a relationship..

itsallgood
itsallgood

Vanilla, plums, and amber. Now, that's an interesting combination. I wore two bottles of this perfume and felt the same way from start to finish--interested, and nothing more. Still, I did receive many compliments.

Edit: I almost bought the Desire version of this perfume and I'm glad I didn't because my interest is more curiosity than true pleasure (if that makes any sense). Each perfume in this series of perfumes reminds me of a set of books, each one ending on a cliffhanger--I'm always interested in knowing what's coming up next.

kittyh30
kittyh30

this perfume for some reason smelled different than when I smelled it in the store. is there really a difference besides the bottle of the one and the lace edition? either way, it's delicious!!

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I have been testing this scent for a few days. When I put it on, I get all the notes at once, even the base. I can detect the white florals, the amber, the vetiver, and some of the fruits - mainly the peach and apple. After about 5 minutes in, something starts smelling like cocoa butter on my skin. It's nice and sweet and a bit chocolately. I don't know what that is and can only guess it's the vanilla coming forward and mixing with the other notes to produce this smell on me. In the end, this perfume is all about the vanilla dry-down. It's an interesting scent to experience the changes as it morphs and goes through different stages.

SelenaSerena
SelenaSerena

The lace edition smells softer compared to the original. The tenderness of plum is not overpowered by vanilla here and it dies down beautifully. Lasts long and has a wonderful trail.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

The One Lace Edition is rapidly becoming one of my all-time favorites. It does develop a bit within the first half-hour to an hour, starting out more sharply floral and fruity. I smell a lot of lily, bergamot, and litchi in the top notes. After about 5-10 minutes, the peach and plum come out, and it becomes a bit softer and still very lily-heavy. This is the "dressiest" phase of the perfume. It would be a good scent for wearing a nice dress. Anyway, as it continues to dry down the vanilla, sweet jasmine, and powdery notes come out more and more, and it settles into a very distinctive vanilla/powder/jasmine/lily/musk perfume. I feel like this is one of the more recognizable perfumes I own, and could have the potential to be my signature because once it dries down it can also be casual.

I have only tested the original The One once, so I can't really comment the exact differences between Lace Edition and that one, but it's definitely very similar. If someone was familiar with The One, they would definitely mistake Lace Edition for it. I do agree that Lace Edition is a bit fruitier, for sure.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

This "Lace Edition" is different from the original... The difference is that the lace edition is lighter, although smells kind of the same, but doesn't give me a headache. I just LOVE it! I love the original but it's heavy for me, this one smells the same but is much lighter. Still the same warm, powdery, sexy scent. Very feminine. I am glad they made it, the lighter version. I wear it to work and it lasts all day - all 8 hours plus some, cause when I get home my hubby kisses me and says "Mmmm... you smell sooo good... Is this The One?" Maybe it does not project much but when someone gets closer to you they can feel it. One of my favorites and always will be.

ageletou
ageletou

I recently ordered this perfume from a web site in England, because I could not find it in my country (Greece). (Let's hope, the perfume that I received to be an original item and not an imitation, otherwise this review is pointless). Originally, with the very first application of the perfume, I thought that, there isn't any difference with the original "The One". After some time, my impression is that, the "The Lace" edition is lighter and more fruity than the original. Definitely the original "The One" is stronger and fuller and remains strong for a long time. On the contrary, the "The Lace" is softer. The duration of the fragrance on me is about 3 hours, quite poor I could say, if we take into consideration the fact that the fragrance is eau de perfume. I would also like to mention that I wish I had the chance to choose the size, quantity (ml) of the perfume (If I could, I would choose the smallest, 30ml bottle). I found it extremely limited and negative in my opinion, the fact that this perfume is only available in 50 ml. Finally, in my humble opinion I think that this perfume is more appropriate for the Fall than for the Winter, due to its light composition.

Adriana Duarte
Adriana Duarte

Hejjdy on me he has a holding power even greater than The One.. About 7 hours!

Hejjdy
Hejjdy

Please tell me about its lasting power! How long can it last on the skin?

Damag
Damag

First of all this beauty is COMPLETELY different from the original the one! I find the original D&G the one too sweet and floral whereas this one is more fruty, fresh" but still sweet in a balanced way and less floral, it's sexy and yummi and young! Which is why I love it and want it bad! So yes I strongly recommend it I give it a 10/10 and No! It doesn't smell like the original the one! ;)

pauliina
pauliina

I wonder why people think this is just a collector bottle. Don't they smell the difference between The One and The One Lace Edition? I have tried both, many times, and the fact is that The One is more powdery, lighter, maybe even more elegant. The One Lace Edition is a bit stronger and sharper (but in a good way). Not so much vanilla as in The One.

Personally I'm not sure which one I prefer but there IS a difference between them.

Gyöngy
Gyöngy

Got it from my husband as a Christmas present. It's like Christina Aguilera's first parfume but this ONE is more sophisticated than C.A..
Not bad, bottle is wonderful but original D&G The One is better to me. Lace edition is more fruity, full of plum, original has got more vanille and litchi, I prefer that.

dm
dm

I think this fragrance is just unbelievable... This is The One! And the lace... The best bottle design so far!!
This fragrance makes me feel so feminine, sexy and self-confidence... Soo georgeous!!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I prefer the old bottle, but eh, this is nice too. The juice inside is fabulous, it reminds me of guici guilty or million, without the frillies that make it seem like it's trying to hard, and not as sweet. perfect for me

boxofcrayons
boxofcrayons

Is this a little misleading? Same fragrance, new bottle? Hmm...maybe the words, "same great smell, new packaging," should be splashed across thge box! haha. I don't know...I was expecting NEW.

Seraphic
Seraphic

Same fragrance as the original The One which is a nice slightly fruity but not over the top fragrance during the first hour or two after that it has a soft oriental but with a fruity twist dry down. Bottle is stunning, I didn't feel like I needed this fragrance until this came out and I bought it right away.

The One Lace Edition by Dolce&Gabbana 4.35 out of 5 based on 190 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana The One Lace Edition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana The One Lace Edition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The One Lace Edition by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The One Lace Edition by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.