Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

The One Sport Dolce&Gabbana for men

The One Sport Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures The One Sport Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures The One Sport Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

After the original The One for Men from 2008 and The One Gentlemen from 2010, Dolce Gabbana launches the third fragrance from The One masculine line, lighter and fresher The One Sport. As its name suggests, The One Sport is designed for active sportsmen and dynamic "modern gladiators" who enjoy unrestrained freedom and the excitement of outdoor activities. This fragrance also represents the first sporty fragrance of the house.

Stefano Gabanna described the inspiration for this creation to the wwd magazine: “We have friends that go to the gym. They are each very different from one another, but they all enjoy going to the gym for themselves, to feel good about themselves. As the Latins said, ‘Mens sana in corpore sano (or a sound mind in a healthy body, in English).’ ”

The composition retains some characteristics of the original, refreshed by aromatic and aquatic tones that give a certain dynamics to the fragrance. It opens with aquatic notes and rosemary, combined with the heart of cardamom and Sequoia wood. Patchouli and musk form the base.

The bottle retains the simple form of its predecessors. The design is intended to be lighter and more sporty, but still luxurious and elegant. The face of the fragrance is a model Adam Senn. The advertising was shot by Mariano Vivanco.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDT.

The One Sport was launched in 2012.

Water Notes Rosemary

Cardamom Sequoia

Musk Patchouli

Benetton Verde Man
Connect for Him

The One Sport Fragrance Reviews

sameh
sameh

In spite of the negative reviews i find The One Sport Dolce&Gabbana is a good freg , there is no WOW factor but like i said a good one with moderate Longevity & Sillage ( 2 - 3 ) hours.
P.S. a n intense edition is recommended !

methodmike
methodmike

is not a bad scent,really worth a try.longevity is poor,but the scent is really interesting...

scent 8/10
longevity 5/10
sillage 6/10

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

It will last 30 minutes on your skin.A real joke!

Dioguh
Dioguh

it's like you have bathed in tap water .. i don't smell nothing after 5 minutes

ezemiyashiro
ezemiyashiro

Justo another acuqatic, herbal-spicy scent. Lots of rosemary and calone until... WOW! the drydown in amazing! My guess is that whatever combination of synthetics they used to recreate "sequoia" combines excellently with the warm musk and the beautyfuly masculine patchouli.

Nothing special for at least 15 minutes. Absolute pleasure then on.

Highly recommended and a great compliment getter.

arenee92
arenee92

Sexy, clean, soapy. I used to really love this on a guy! The aquatic notes and rosemary are very prominent. Great basic men's cologne.

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

It comes in with a sorta fresh watery smell then suddenly a sharp smokey dirty smell like lighting a cigarette by the ocean. Tobacco like then gives into a musky manly sweat smell. Reminds me of a Mom and pop Pizza Parlor and a guy making the food is smoking a cig and wearing a strong musky cologne. The bread making and ranch dressing sitting is adding to the essence and blending into a sweet salty musky smell that is kinda heart warming since i used to go to places like this as a teenager. Drive my bike across town. But NOT something you wanna wear around people or someplace nice

Jassar
Jassar

Another fresh, aquatic, metallic entry in this horrible category. I will be glad when this category dies. The only thing worse is Boss Energize. I had to scrub over and over to kill this odor. Aquatic trash.

Scrubability = high

Spicy aquatic with marked peppery green notes. Almost more herbal than aquatic, but still has that Mall Boy watery base. Okay, but dries with a sharply marked alcohol scent from the wood notes

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

Thumbs up for 'The One Sport' - Dolce & Gabbana

I went to the store and wanted to try dolce & gabbana's 'the One' - out of mistake I tried 'Sport' and fell in love with it. It is light and slightly fresh (thus the aquatic notes) but at the same time slightly sweet. But not in a Tom Ford kind of sweet, but in a more gentle way.

I loved it ever since.

leovn
leovn

I hate the opening. It smells like a 90 years old man trying to be sporty. Given it a couple hours and it started to smell nice. Somehow it last over 12h on my wrist, even after shower.

JamesVT
JamesVT

Perfect summer fragance in my opinion, only problem I have with is the fact the longevity and sillage is very poor.

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

دئودرانت خالص. . . . . .حیفه دی اند جی

usas
usas

Easy, clean, fresh. Thats's it. Not really much character, but then again you can't go wrong with this one. Nothing about it to really dislike.

7,5/10

Eddie2082
Eddie2082

I think The One Sport is a safe scent. Not too overpowering, a fair longevity 3-4 hours then its too close to skin.

I live in a hot area so I pretty much use it as a work fragrance.

For those who want a fragrance to get noticed, I think you go crazy on the trigger.

The One sport is perfectly fine, you may not smell it after an hour but those close to you will do for 4+ hours.

ed
ed

On the first spray only one thought went through my mind.... DEODORANT. This is the absolute truth.

This frangrance is not in any way unpleasant, but it smells no different to stuff you can buy in ASDA for 2 or 3 pounds. The price tag is therefore ludicrous. It would be much more sensible to purchase a can of Lynx.

Nick M
Nick M

Pfff whatever, buy it for your 13-year-old nephew if you see it on sale. My sense of smell is pathetic, but even I find this one of the most uninspired designer scents ever.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

Went to the duty free and sprayed D&G The One Sport on my left wrist and Dior Homme Sport on my right wrist.
D&G top note was sweeter due to the aquatic and Dior top note was spicy and citrusy due to the ginger and lemons.
I'll get to the base because I was so busy looking at other items at the duty free. I decided to buy the Dior but after 4 hours I can still smell the sweetnes of D&G and a little bit citrus from Dior. Both of them really smelled good and I regret not buying D&G. I really wish I bought the D&G also. I don't get why alot of people are hating the D&G.
D&G Sport and Dior Sport are both nice smelling.

jamess1976
jamess1976

It smells OK to me, for a couple of hours at the most.

isabelasohel
isabelasohel

Will not discourage from buying it, but my experience is disappointing. The notes really do not matter if it cannot be smelled after 10 to 12 minutes.

Robmeister32

The opening smells like Coach. The drydown smells like Dior Sport.
MY RATING: 8.5/10

jotalopez
jotalopez

I find this scent neither boring nor cheap. The only issue with this stuff is the "sport" name. That being said, The One Sport is a fruity-aquatic and inoffensive type of fragrance intended to provide freshness and happy emotions to those who wear it. Clearly it won't compete with other sport flankers such as Dior Homme or Chanel's Allure but it has potential to become a good choice when it comes to fresh zesty scents. I like it and I'll buy it.

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

I believe this isn't worth the review, but i thought it might help ppl decide on reviews.

Briefly, this is so artificial and synthetic that i only smelled the musk in the end, all the rest are mediocre, this IS a mediocre perfume and a shame to be of the ONE series.

Yet, this can be one of the fragrances that smells nice to women, may be sexy, reminds me a little of HOT WATER Davidoff, i got the later as a gift and no one liked it except women, but honestly this ONE Sport isn't even well blended as HOT WATER.

Actually read many of the reviews on here before I tried this again as it wasn't particularly memorable the first time.
I think that says it all really...however I reckon the criticism waged at this fragrance in the reviews here is unfair.
For me I don't just think it's a cheap smelling flanker but I'm not sure The One needed a 'sport' version, I saw it as a classy night time scent.
Surprisingly it actually has all the depth of the original but in a completely different sense.
Give it a chance it's not bad.

Robmeister32

I like the smell. Adding it to my collection.

Dad jax
Dad jax

An over priced 3rd rated virson of PlayBoy New York...Give that a shot side by side !

justin.richards.1901
justin.richards.1901

Wore this today, an easy-going summer Sunday, as a change from my summer signature and wonder why I ever bought it, aside from the cheap price.

Smells like something used to freshen the bathroom porcelain, or washing up liquid, but not something to impress people with.

Looking forward to washing it off the next morning (if the longevity even makes it into the night) and then Ebaying my bottle of it.

The cap slips off the bottle too easily as well.

renzo77
renzo77

it does not smell the fragrance is weakest of all below bvlgari armani or this is a steal is not worth a third of what they charge dolce & gabbana nonsense should not make nonsense that do not buy anything at all during the worst of worst.
the one sport scammers dolce & gabbana

the one sport and the one scammers dolce & gabbana

rprovenz

Weak garbage....I like the bottle though.

SDavis93
SDavis93

Very generic, smells like any common deodorant. not my type of fragrance. poor longevity and projection 4/10 (All 'The One' flankers are bad. but the original is great)

Stockholmspolisen
Stockholmspolisen

This one smells like Axe click. I'm not kidding, go test for yourself and you will see.

I myself would rather buy Axe click than this because it even smells better and is way cheaper.

Do not waste your money on this!

hollyms
hollyms

Well, if you care for a girl's opinion....

Smells like a sexy man sweating, pheromones and all. I. Love. It.

Scrash Luisao
Scrash Luisao

Fragancia fresca y varonil!! por eso se nombra SPORT, porque es ligera y suave!! no se por que tanto comentario negativo? pero bueno, es cuestión de gustos!!

8/10 para D&G.

Luisao

imjonatz
imjonatz

it lacked identity..

gio
gio

Cheap and common smell!!!

The One garbage.

Not sure why there are so many negative comments about it. To me it is a really pleasant and original scent. However, D&G fall short when it comes to longevity, and it is way overpriced.

89ers
89ers

I just tried this today and I'm thoroughly disappointed. I loved The One, it was the first real cologne I bought once I went to college and decided anything that comes in an aerosol can your stupid friends can turn into makeshift flamethrowers was not the best thing to use as a fragrance.

The One was a great cologne, if only they ever listened to their customers who want an EDP. Instead, D&G keeps making other things and slapping "The One" brand on it, which is ruining its reputation. The only thing it really has in common is that the scent doesn't last long and has hardly any sillage.

This is a sport cologne, I get it. However, it's a boring sport cologne that literally has no impact on me. I fail to notice anything worth spending 65-80 bucks on it other than it says D&G on the bottle. I'm biased against sport colognes because I find they all smell the same, and this didn't break the mold for me at all. If you want a mediocre sport cologne, buy something cheaper. If you want a good sport cologne, then look elsewhere, because The One Sport is not it.

gd15329
gd15329

Good BUT... Generic and unidentifiable. Not worthing the price tag.

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

benlane18
benlane18

Generic and unidentifiable. Typical from D&G...But having said that, it is a pleasing summer scent. Not offending, fresh, and clean. Not worth the insane price tag, but pick yourself up a used bottle on ebay or in a swap if you can :)

Kevin_tuan_91
Kevin_tuan_91

Love the smell , but the longevity is really poor. About 2 hrs . Also it costs so high.

Sharpnoodles
Sharpnoodles

I like it!! Smells similar to armani code sport but w a twist and doesn't have the signature armani scent! I do like it. I live sort colognes. It isn't too strong but that's what I expect in a sports cologne bc I don't wana be overpowered by a scent when working out . I like this. Use it a lot, good summer fragrance .

kompera
kompera

This perfume smells great..very fresh! I bought it for the smell only. The longevity is between 2-4 hours and the sillage is poor..you can feel it on your skin 7 hours or so but very very weak.
I recommend to use it for what it was build: sport and daily activities..so 2 to 4 hours is enough especially if you go to gym.
Be carefull..some people may have headaches from this fragrance if you apply more spray for extra longevity (the musk is "THE ONE" to blame :)) )

fazilsmr
fazilsmr

Projection is above average. Longevity is great on my skin. Easily reach 7 hours. Patchouli and sea notes on the top notes are great. Very cooling and refreshing..

Carter-Blood
Carter-Blood

There is no doubt that this is a fresh fragrance with bouyant, energetic top notes accompanied by the aroma of Italian rosemary.
The middle and base notes are poorly concentrated, difficult to recognise, reminiscent of cheap copy perfumes, certainly to be avoided.
Presented as a gift it will be used.

enna1408

3 hours, washed my hand and i can still smell it...
it lasts ,, it's just not a strong one :)

this perfume is simply
5)men under 30
enough said.

wipemedown
wipemedown

I bought this cologne because I had owned one other D&G cologne (Light Blue), and I thought I'd give their sport brand a try. I like the smell a lot, but it doesn't last very long. It doesn't emit very well. I spray it before going to the gym so I don't smell like sweat, but when I leave the gym I only smell sweat and not the cologne.

Pros: Great Scent
Con: Doesn't last very long at all

raiyanhasin
raiyanhasin

This only sells for the Dolce & Gabbana name splashed across the bottle. That is the sole reason it even sold more than a 100 bottles. If it were something made by Avon or Coty, those companies would've gone out of business.

I don't mind synthetic notes cause let's face it almost all fragrances are made of synthetic components. However, this is the dullest and THE most generic 'aromatic' scent that I've ever smelt. It would've been forgiven if it even lasted to carry on that dullness to the next 10 minutes; but it disappeared after a minute and a half - like I never even sprayed it on. I cannot give you the note breakdown because there wasn't any and it did not last beyond two minutes for me dissect it.

Go crazy on the spray, take a D&G The One Sport shower...I can assure you it won't last even 2 minutes on skin or on clothes. Another half-assed fragrance from my least favorite house.

If you're a D&G fanboy, spend the 65-80 dollars on this but the money would've been a better waste on something else.

natissimo
natissimo

...sniffed today and loved it, thinking of getting for my boyfriend as a christmas gift. very clean, fresh and easy to use. i think, a fragrance like this can be worn both on a business meeting and a gym session.. it leaves a very sophisticated and sensual notes after a while..

orestes
orestes

DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SO WRYLY COMMENTS,IS SIMPLY A FRAGRANCE WITHOUT SOME PECULIARITY IN A BEAUTIFUL BOTTLE,BUT EASILY CAN BE WORN IN THE SUMMER OR AFTER THE BATH,MOREOVER SALES WILL SHOW THEIR ACCEPTANCE BY THE PUBLIC,NOT US WHO WRITE THE OUR VIEWS

carera
carera

waste of money that's it

mrs2241
mrs2241

با حجم زیادی از بوی رزماری که هل اونو همراهی میکنن آغاز میشه...آروم آروم که هل کمرنگ میشه بوی پچولی و چوب سکویا میدان رو به دست میگیرنو این روند تا جایی ادامه پیدا میکنه که چوب و هل بازی رو تمام میکنن....با توجه به دیسلایک هایی که خورده اما من خیلی دوستش دارم...روح آدمو تازه میکنه...مثل اگویست پلاتینیم هستش....

royal112
royal112

Why all the hate on here? This is a light, nice smelling scent that sneaks up on you and the women around you. Very suitable to hot weather or after a workout or your evening shower prior to settling down with your lady. I consider this a "staying in" cologne rather than a "going out one" but that doesn't mean it fails to do its job.

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

I got this as a gift, and its an okay scent. i wear this to the gym and i get compliments. If you have this one Wear it on a hot and humid day and it will last all day and it will project a lot more.

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

Dont buy this!!!!
its so dissapointing! Longevity sucks!
And its so boring!

gianmarco
gianmarco

I think the scent itself is very good, a sport scent with a shot of elegance in it... it does not resemble DHS or Armani sport so it should not be compared to those. This is in its own league, where a sport fragrance is meant to be worn after a big game or once you leave the gym. Afterall, it is called the one sport. Very good!

fazilsyedmohamed
fazilsyedmohamed

i own the one sport and light blue. the one sport is clean and light but it has weak projection and sillage. light blue works better on me. the one sport is also very expensive..

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

I got a blotter some days ago. I'm in Argentina and we are just about to finish winter, so I understand that we do not have the most suitable weather for the whole army of sport fragrances which arrived from the north. I didn't smell anything new on this one, but I got attracted to it. Maybe the fact that I like strong fragrances makes me feel curious about this discreet scent. Perhaps my devotion to the primitive 'The One' makes me feel kind to this younger brother (even though I find 'The One' pretty weak). Since English is not my native language I don't know if I'll be able to explain my brief relationship with 'TOS' but it was like this:
I sat down in front of mi PC doing some work and placed the blotter near me at one side. I had intermittent signals of the presence of the scent. Sometimes it was there, sometimes not, from time to time a generic sweet smell, and some other times an attractive aura that caught my attention and made me take the blotter and approach it to my nose.
I don't know if I'm ready to face 'TOS' maybe I'll wait for the warmer days to come.
I don't like to spend A$ 500 (Argentinean pesos) -about U$D 80- for a scent that is barely noticeable.

periquito89

I confess I was really uninformed ... I had to look at the dictionary for "anosmic". Now that I got it I can use from time to time ":¬).

Just to take the conversation a little more, my commentary of how much to spray to get notice was a figure of speech, because I really find it very mild, but didn't say it's nonexistence. Of course even the weakest scent can leave some impression in the air when yourself don't smell it anymore. Others can sense it.

So, by comparing it to recent sport-y releases (the good and the bad) I've tried, and with others I have, I find the general comments here about sillage (or absense of it) very spot on. And informative by the way.

Unless, of course, that is really what you want. What will never be a bad thing. I take Z Zegna for example. I think it has a very good longevity, but many complain about sillage. Sometimes others can sense it, and mostly in a good way. Having Z, Tommy Prep (and Cologne, 10, Jeans, T, and so on), first I found The One Sport one more in the field, and unecessary "for me". But using it alongside with Dior Sport, or even Z Zegna, this seens to make your nose more sensitivy to others scents in your skin, and, allthough didn't make The One Sport disappear, made it looks very insipid. As for the scent itself, alone, ken.z008 is very right.

As, I think, all the others reviewers below.

Additional note:

I wore The One Sport one day at a 100'F while running my errands here in Las Vegas and to me it lasted all day. Good thing my skin handles any type of fragrances and didnt have problem with any of the longevity/projection issues, at least to my nose...

And no, Im not going to wear the colognes mentioned below this comment during hot sunny days here in vegas..I dont want too much aldehydes/citrus/linalool diffusing on at high temperature that people would feel my presence 10 meters away; maybe but certainly not at the gym(although I dont care if some of you want to offend some people around you)! Dont get me wrong but these colognes are fantastic. I wore the Chanel PHS during spring/summmer nights esp when going to open space clubs/night pool clubs.

TOS is worn during regular days. This is a clean, personal scent which doesnt grab special attention and is inoffensive. Its not perfect like any other kind of fragrace. But certain people with certain taste would choose this one because of how mild and relaxed it is.

Diversity in perfumery is what makes it beautiful. Wear them according to what your mood and weather permit to get the best out of them.

ken.z008
Chanel Allure Homme Sport - has great projection and normal longevity.
Dior Homme Sport - good projection and longevity.
Armani Code Sport - nothing watery here, wonderful sillage and longevity.

Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport - zero projection, light, awful longevity. So... we are not anosmic. The One Sport is a really bad fragrance.

Endymion
Endymion

@ken.z008
Another question:
Are we talking about a Sport cologne sold for ~70 US dollars which is not more sophisticated and not longer lasting than a sport deo costs a few dollars?

"Meant to be worn during hot, humid days when men perspire(this is when the sport cologne blooms). You definitely dont want to use this cologne during fall/winter. So why are we complaning about how light and watery it is? Try and use it as what suggests."

I get the same effect using a cheap sport deo, i smell nice, fresh, watery and it won't last long... And my wallet is happy! ;)

ken.z008

Are we talking about a Sport fragrance here? Yes we are! A light, fresh, watery cologne, with weak to average longevity--characteristics of a sport fragrance. Meant to be worn during hot, humid days when men perspire(this is when the sport cologne blooms). You definitely dont want to use this cologne during fall/winter. So why are we complaning about how light and watery it is? Try and use it as what it suggests. But if youre anosmic, then thats the problem.

If strong perfume is what you desire during hot perspiring day with 70'F or above, try niche perfume, specifically oud-based perfume from Montale or Kilian. Strong projection and longevity is what youre gonna get--good luck with that!

periquito89

The last three days I've tried this scent just at home, and was ready to write "I don't mind the smell, but that is pretty much of it". I can almost sense something very mild that, I'd say, could relate it even deep down with The One itself (a very light woody tone in the background), a scent that was already light. But today I spent the night with Dior Homme Sport 2012 and coming back I just got a spray of The One Sport, and how this looked so SO SO. Getting a chance of comparing it with another one that I already like with an unpretencious mind I got a very spontaneous "Bah" impression which now resume this scent to me.

And as alrealdy said, don't even bother if you want a scent to get noted, unless you really bath yourself with it(it's just a guess, since I didn't test it with 50 sprays :¬)).

As many sport-y scents, I can't say it is bad. But I pass, since I can get a better smelling (and less expensive)after bath scent.

Next sport-y ...

paulhunter
paulhunter

I don't know why everyone's knocking it for being "sugar water" and "lasting two minutes" etc. I don't know much on the longevity/projection because I was testing a lot the day I sprayed this on, but it smelled pretty dang nice! Nothing special, but still nice! If you like the brand/bottle/campaign, I don't think there's anything wrong with buying this fragrance.

happytime

Innivation is necessary but its not the whole game,the perfume is nice with a salty note that makes you feel you are inhaling deep breathe of the sea,therefore what's the need to be unique and release something bad or odd.The one sport is ultra light and elegant and suitable for wearing during sports and that's considered a consistency between the name and the product main usage,on contracy in my opinion and with complete respect to others chanel allure sport is too heavy for a sport perufume and bleu de chanel doesn't reflect its name as I feel more classic from the 80s and that's true because it was relaeased in the 30s under the same name,its old and repeated but here the 1 sport is different and chic.

bcoops
bcoops

This fragrance is not a mind blowing masterpiece or anything of the sort BUT after testing it for a few days found it to be a pleasent and safe summer work scent.Everything doesn't have be some new innovative ground breaking fragrance....alot of fragrance lovers miss out on so much by prejudging things because of what house they came from....

If this had a creed label I'm sure quite a few would have a different opinion....anyway this lasts around 8 hrs on my skin and has a nice decent projection...it is a safe, pleasant non offensive frag which is exactly what i want for work

One of the reviewers below said its only 'sweet water'
he right....that isn't such a bad thing :)

Zenith
Zenith

I didn't like the One for men, it reminded me of syrup. The One Gentleman I thought was an improvement over the original, taking away some of the sweetness and adding a nice vanilla note.

This is nothing like either of those except in name and shape. I was initially reminded of Versace Au Fraiche, and a little bit of Issey Miyake, both of which I find very "meh" in quality.

It isn't bad by any means but I'm really not sure why it exists with so many other sporty fragrances left right and centre, and with precious little to distinguish this one.

karel.piong
karel.piong

My boyfriend bought this perfume and I love this scent on him.

jaylim87
jaylim87

I bought this as soon as it came out,, I am regretting it now.

I use it in my bathroom.

frangellan
frangellan

my sis got this for my dad this past fathers day. it resembles the fragrance from a generic body wash...like the dove or neutrogena men's gel body washes. it doesn't project and lasts about 30 minutes. i dont know how they could even pass this as a designer fragrance, let alone charge $70 for it. save your money.

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

ok, it's a fresh good fragrance, but on my skin it's gone in less than 120 seconds!!!! guinness world record for the fastest fragrance!

Acqua Di Gio 333
Acqua Di Gio 333

I don't get why so many people dislike it here. I find it very nice - acquatic, fresh, aromatic, really plesant smelling. Also some people have praised this smell on me :)

Eau-o-O-ahhh
Eau-o-O-ahhh

Wow! So many are disappointed by this one. Personally, I find it ok. Definitely not memorable. I got a sample of it and found it to work well in the office. On me... it's light, clean and just enough. It lasted for about 8 hours on me but was only detectable close to the skin after about 4-5 hours. My brother tried it and said it lasted about 2 hours and then disappeared. Like others, it reminded me of Lacoste Essential. If you already have a good office fragrance, save your money for something else. If not, try out a sample before purchasing.

Dougczar
Dougczar

I think this has a very nice clean fresh scent - and to me that's what a "Sport" scent is supposed to be. I agree with fragscape - this does resemble Platinum Egoiste.
While I love the scent, I wish it were a little more detectable, and had a little more longevity. Overall, a very nice sport fragrance.

fragscape
fragscape

I think this is a well made fragrance. Simple in its approach and so pleasing to the nose. There is a little similarity with platinum egoist with the dry rosemary on top. But instead of going dry woody soap like PE, it goes woody musk with the sequoia,musk and patchouli.

Does it follow a strict line similar to lite summer woody scents? Yes ..... But to my nose, this is a hundred times better to smell than most of those types of scents. It must be the sequoia that makes this stick out to me. The dry down is crazy similar to dirty english's "oud" dry down, but with a touch more lite airyness to it.

So to me if you take the dry rosemary top of Platinum egoiste (without the soap tinge)and combine it with the dry wood of dirty english and a touch of lite airyness. You get this fragrance.

I might have just made the worst analogy for this fragrance. Forgive me if I have, but does anyone else see the same similarities.

Lastly, I think this is a better fragrance than Light blue

spartan
spartan

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, PLEASE, no more SPORT FRAGS!!!!!!! And yes I have smelled it. wake me up when this nightmare is over. You will be better off buying A bottle of Old Spice. 1/10 Next.

happytime

This is an elegant perfume,some people here are ctiticizing it and what about issey myake sport and other boring sport fragrances,this is distinctive and differs from other fragrances that smells like axe such as issey myake sport and gucci by gucci sport.

TK421
TK421

Make an EDP version of the original instead of wasting your time on producing an irrelevant sport fragrance.

Please give us The One EDP.

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

musk tonkin!!!!!!.....hhhh

yacoco
yacoco

at the beginning i didnt like it
it well remind you of smothing but it change to fresh clean sweety great for summer
a safe smell 8.9/10

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

Hmm..well..
I loved the original ONE (2008)..

The One Gentleman (2010) was..ok!

This "thing"..is a NO NO! Should've been named "Cardamowater"!
It has nothing in common with the lovely original ONE..but the name (shame) & the shape of the bottle!!

I really do not know why D&G had to ruin the success they had after the original ONE..in the process to take advantage of it!!!

That's the lesson fragrance houses should learn..do not go on so far in lauching destrcutive releases bearing the name of a successful scent you previously launched!!

They (the houses) do not have to take advantage (commercially) each time they produce a masterpiece.
I wish them to "come over" their successes & go on to produce a new lines with equivalent potentials rather than hang on to silly editions!

antonpan

Unfortunately, this is the scent of nothing. Sweet water in a bottle. One of the lightest and most boring "sport" fragrances I've ever tried. It reminds of Gucci by Gucci Sport (without its fig note) and especially a lighter version of Lacoste Essential. The longevity is average, the sillage is not good. I don't know how much sprays you have to apply (maybe 50?) to be noticed.

bwcw81
bwcw81

A very nice and simple sport fragrance. The first note begin with non-citrus fresh scent, remind me alot of Bvlgari Aqva Marine - very fresh fresh sea water (salty) note. Then slowly mellowing to cardamom with light woody scent. The last note is very light musky patchouli scent, in facts all the notes is quite mellow and light except for the first notes.

Projection and longevity is below average, stay close to skin and last about 3 hours max as you will expect shorter life from a Sport fragrance.

Fresh, Sporty and Youthful - is how I will describe this. This is definitely non-related to the original The One series, but it is not a bad choice as generally most people will like it. 6/10 from me.

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

This isn't a fragrance, this is a doing-as-if-it-was..
This is nothing, and even people without taste shouldn't wear it.

martinweibye
martinweibye

This smells like L.12.12. Blue by Lacoste and it's synthetic and terrible, sorry to say

Walking around the fragrance counter 2 times; looking forward to try this and Givenchy Play Sport. Seriously, the bottle is so invisible among everything else at the counter.

After smelling it, well... there is really nothing terrible to say about this fragrance. It is just very wearable and very likeable scent. It will be a good one for a new upcoming people who is new to this fragrance world. For the scent, I find it to be nice, light and clean woody. Citrusy accord is kinda sharp with cardamom but not bothersome. Not sure how to describe sequoia wood, but it has this clean smelling. The scent is so farmiliar but at the same time I can't think of what it smells similar to.

Anyway, I won't be getting this one either. I never had anything from D&G except the Light Blue. Unless, the price is right. I wouldn't mind having it in my collection.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

If Dolce & Gabbana really wanted to make $$, all they have to do is bring back By Man. The market is so ripe for it now! Please don't let "By" be that perfume that gained popularity posthumously. BRING BACK BY MAN!!! Pretty please...<3

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

Cleany, Fresh, Soap. Not bad. Not New...you have the sensation that you smelled before...

Limpia, Fresca, Jabonosa. No es mala. No es nueva...tienes la sensación de haberla olido antes...

fragking
fragking

what a waste of time D&G could have made a brand new scent with quality this lacks any originality its just to make money from these flankers from the original scent which was nothing special in the first place, thumbs down with a great big boooooooo!!!!

ferfoom
ferfoom

Guys if you feel that this fragrance is "ok , average , nothing special , pleasant enough" please don't "like" it instead "Dislike" it so that D&G realise their mistake with releasing such a safe , boring, cheap smelling scent and come out with an Intense, EDP version of the original "The one"

ZELJO
ZELJO

a very simple one, one more after sports EDT,undeserves the D&G trademark on it, could have been released by any obscure low cost mark

RSCAL
RSCAL

I tested this out and it smells alright. Nothing outstanding and to be honest, it smells very generic. It is nice and I would buy it for 20 bucks but no more. It reminds me of Gucci Sport but without the slight sweetness Gucci Sport has. I like Gucci better.

dokepi
dokepi

Durability: 7~8 hours
Projection: 13/10

yes...be careful!! just use a little bit cuz it can be smelled milles away

I didnt like this one...smells good but dont leave the feeling of ``I want some more`` cuz the projection is so strong that you dont need to go near to your partner to smell it

midos
midos

This is what we means by the term :( waste your money) ! nothing more nothing less. Just : if u do sport and you want to try this , go and buy it! I prefer another fresh frag like : Comme une Evidence Green by: yves-rocher

ravjan
ravjan

Smells almost like Gucci Sport except it's even weaker. The bottle looks and feels real cheap.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Really nice. Fresh, watery, soapy and fruity. Reminds me of Guerlain Homme. If you want a fresh soapy frag that lasts a while - this is it.

dmoman
dmoman

Another flanker??? whats with these fragrance houses and their flankers. If I run across this one I'll give it a test but my expectation is rather low on this one.

danielmventer
danielmventer

If you want a day and night time spring/summer fragrance in one-then why not?....I tested it yesterday and it is very fresh and generic with good longevity.

Reminds me of Z Zegna Ermenegildo Zegna for men.

Nothing to write home about, but If i get it on at a bargain price I will buy it.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tested this and so dissapointed. Smells quite safe and unoffensive and a bit boring really. Dries down very close to the skin and I put 4 heavy sprays on in the store and just nearly 2 hours later it is virtually gone. This would be good just for the gym or playing sports I would not wear this to work or for an evening out, it is not suitable.
I will stick with Lanvin Homme Sport and Dior Homme Sport anyday of the week. In my opinion, they are the best Sports.

michael1975
michael1975

was looking forward to this as i really like the original,but sorry its just very boring synthetic like an adidas shower gel,but then id say the only decent sports are dior chanel and gucci

pablOSO
pablOSO

if the model comes with the purchase of the fragance..im in!

Carlos10704
Carlos10704

I like really like "The One." so I'm looking forward to trying the sport version. I don't understand all the hate. NONE OF YOU HAVE SMELLED IT! Who knows? It might be a wonderful surprised like Dior Homme Sport

MrMookie
MrMookie

Lol another house presents its SPORT version.
how innovative :-)
If you have really balls repackage a highly liked scent in a version called : anti-sport! "for men who likes to sit on sofa's"
I guess its a "fresher" version of the one... not eager to try it.
(lol or this one is heavier,thicker and denser then The One then D&G has a real joke :-P ...

svillatoro
svillatoro

Sport Fragrances have come out for decades. Don't pay much attention to bottles or names, try and enjoy whatever is good on you and makes you feel out of this world... "fragrance lovers"

JimmyLee
JimmyLee

its weird to see the comments here and so many dislikes since no one has smelled it..

No need to bash sport flanker cuz there are actually some quality sport fragrances..

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

I know many people including myself go by the term, "don't knock it 'till you try it", but come on! Another sports fragrance? How about re-releasing By Man or perhaps, I don't know, launch an original release? A non flanker? Am I making sense fragrance industry? Is this thing on?

bp
bp

I do not understand what is the pet peeve that everyone has in relation to sports perfumes..!!..??..
Sport is life... Mens sana in corpore sano...
Well done...

The One Sport by Dolce&Gabbana 2.81 out of 5 based on 376 ratings and 110 user reviews

THE ONE SPORT for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 1 OZ
Perfume.com
The One Sport Cologne by Dolce Gabbana - 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
The One Sport Cologne by Dolce Gabbana - 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
FragranceShop.com
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport by Dolce Gabbana for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.6 oz
THE ONE SPORT for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
THE ONE SPORT for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
FragranceShop.com
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport by Dolce Gabbana TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
FragranceShop.com
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport by Dolce Gabbana for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
THE ONE SPORT for MEN by Dolce Gabbana SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ DEODORANT STICK 2.5 OZ TRAVEL SET
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Sport Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Deodorant Stick 75ml 2.4oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana The One Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana The One Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The One Sport by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The One Sport by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.