Designers » D E » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 2699 I had it: 866 I want it: 1295 My signature: 106

tobacco
The One for Men Dolce&Gabbana for men Videos
The One for Men Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures The One for Men Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

After launching more than successful fragrance for women, The One, Dolce&Gabbana house will, at the beginning of March 2008, launch a fragrance for men named The One for Men.

Creating this fragrance, Stefano Gabbana was following the idea of creating an uomo, a very masculine fragrance, and a very classic one, "not a banal classic, but a classic men's fragrance that would last for years and be the type of scent that women adore".

The notes of this fragrance are composed in accordance with the Gabbana creator's taste, who wanted to create a woody-oriental composition. In line with that Gabbana said: '"I like spicy-oriental notes and we've never done these types of fragrances, it's a little warmer than our other men's scents".

Fragrance The One for Men opens with sparkling notes of bergamot, coriander and basil, the middle motes bring in cardamom, ginger and neroli, while the base notes create a very masculine trace of cedar, ambergris and tobacco.

The fragrance is created in cooperation with P&G Prestige Product and International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (IFF). It comes in a glass made bottle that matches the shape of The One for Women bottle, only with silver-metal neck and chocolate-brown rectangular top.

The model of the fragrance advertising campaign will be the actor Matthew McConaughey, who will next week join the designers in the NYC. When it comes to the choice of the model, the Dolce&Gabbana designers said that they wanted to have the sexiest man on the planet. And with regards to that, Gabbana adds that this is the first time that a model in one of D&G men's fragrance campaigns appears in clothes.

The One for Men will be available in the US as EDT in two sizes – 50ml and 100ml bottles. Besides EDT the collection will include 100ml aftershave lotion, 75ml aftershave balm, 200ml shower gel and 75ml deodorant stick.

Coriander Basil Grapefruit

Ginger Orange Blossom Cardamom

Amber Cedar Tobacco

360° Black for Men
Villain for Men

The One for Men Fragrance Reviews

KaelanLovesPerfume
KaelanLovesPerfume

I despise this. I tried it and had to wash it off of my skin... it made me feel nauseous. I also got a headache from this EXTREMELY strong spicy smell. This cologne also comes off as quite elderly to me.

edge42
edge42

The fact that longevity, projection and sillage are so desired in a fragrance and The One is still widely loved DESPITE it having none of those things is tribute to just how good this scent is!

It's called The One because being a phenomenal scent is it's ONE and only redeeming quality. But what a quality it is! Regardless of it's mediocre performance it continues to be amongst many people's "top XX" lists or even their absolute favorite scent. Personally, I am in the process of drastically reducing my collection and rebought a large bottle of this to be part of my much smaller, much more rewarding collection filled only with fragrances I love. Even after owning and smelling hundreds of other fragrances at all ends of the spectrum, The One made it onto this short list. Big praise indeed.

Think creamy tropical citrus fruits layered with warm slightly spicy, slightly woody amber and sensual pipe tobacco. If you think that sounds like it smells good, you'd be right.

Definitely recommending this one. Yes an EDP version would make this fragrance almost without peer, but for now the current EDT still smells so good, even as mostly a skin scent, that it's worth owning based on scent alone.

lynwood234
lynwood234

this one is my favorite scent of all right now. my most favorite cologne. I don't wear it often because it is so special to me. it does not last long so I will definitely by an (intense version). I bought a bottle for my Dad and I had to by a 3rd bottle because one of my friends who is a missionary from a foreign nation fell in love with it and i let them take it because he loved it so much. So i have bought 3 bottles of this juice.

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

The One for men is a well made and refined tobacco fragrance and probably one of the few Dolce & Gabbana fragrances which I would actually re-purchase (but i'm not in a rush to go out and get another bottle just yet). What I like about this fragrance is that on my skin it is incredibly warm thanks to the amber which adds sweetness to the tobacco note and in the first few minutes i get a hint of freshness from grapefruit juice which really excites me because it's a nice welcoming before the earthy ginger steps in and sort of takes over my skin for a bit and sort of kicks the grapefruit to the side.

There is a hint of spice from what i guess is the cardamom and i detect a bit of orange blossom which i honestly wish lasted longer on my skin because i love the way tobacco smells with orange blossom but oh well. Whilst I love the scent of this fragrance the lasting power has some serious issues on my skin and apparently i'm not the only one as well.

I was so disappointed the first time I wore this and then 2 hours later found that there was literally no trace of this fragrance on my skin or on my clothes. If the lasting power was better then I would definitely purchase this again without hesitation but because it sucks- i'm not so sure.

georgequeue
georgequeue

It smells great, but projection and longevity are really poor! I bought a sample today, but this is not a fragrance I'd purchase a full bottle of; besides, it's a bit similar (IMO) to CK's Contradiction, and there are plenty of much better fragrances on the market.

My review:
Fragrance: 8.5/10
Sillage: 3/10

Average: 4.5/10

LadyKiller
LadyKiller

Probably the best smelling seductive fragrance on the market and It attracts ladies but this fragrance wont project after 30 mins.I only recommend this for sex occasion It only works for this (obviously you can use it casually but nobody will smell you)
Scent : Easily one of the best scents in the game 10/10
Projection 2/10 (maximum 1 hour)
Longevity 6/10 (5 hours)
Sillage 2/10 (Really bad)
Versatility 1/10
Overall 7/10
I know I gave this fragrance a bad mark but It suits its name.You should only wear this when you are making love with "the one" Simple as that.

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

Dolce and Gabbana used to be my favorite fragrance house, but I'm tired of getting the same juice in a different bottle. Until Golce and Gabbana releases an intense version of The One I'm not buying a single thing from them again. I'm switching to Dior. They listen to what people are begging and pleading for and they provide what people want. Therefore, i have no reason to stand by Dolce and Gabbana, because at least Christian Dior cares about what their customers think.
So D&G it's been real, but I have had enough of your fragrances that don't last longer than an hour.

Christian Dior, HERE I COME!

kenney77

One of the best I've ever smelled its amAzing love the top notes

camposg
camposg

I don't understand. This bottle evaporates within I would say 10-15 minutes after spraying. Although it smells good I would never purchase because of the unacceptable performance it brings

mastergrim8
mastergrim8

I immediately fell in love with this scent upon sampling a decant. Strong hints of amber, tobacco, citrus and ginger. This cologne smells gorgeous and can be appreciate by anyone that can detect it.
Love the scent, but hate the longevity. This NEEDS an EDP.

Longevity is no more than 2 hours. After 2 hours you have to put your nose to the skin to smell its scent.

Projection is arms distance the first hour and then very close skin scent afterwards.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Dolce & Gabbana The One is the definition of a crowd-pleaser. Opens up with some light spices and a very noticeable ginger, plus amber. It would be very hard to offend anyone with this and you will most likely smell 'nice,' with moderate sillage and longevity. A deft touch of tobacco comes into play and the fragrance dries down to a 'polished cedar' accord. This is where it loses me: while the top and mid notes are lovely, I don't particularly want to smell like a polished staircase bannister.

I feel D&G The One is a safe blind buy if you're just looking for an easy-to-like, hard-to-dislike fragrance that will get compliments but not set you apart.

Edit: A good, solid, heavy bottle

edsex
edsex

Smells like Givenchy Pi, on me it lasts hours, nothing special i remember it being better when i tested it years ago.

The Macc Lad
The Macc Lad

Fantastic scent, one of the best out there.

As most have said, not a projection beast by any means.

As for longevity, I use the shower gel and the aftershave balm and get very good longevity. I can always smell this the next morning on my skin.

Scent: 9
Projection: 6
Longevity: 7 on it's own or 9 if you use as I mentioned

Henrythe9th
Henrythe9th

Really nice manly scent. Would be a true classic and to me one of the best perfumes on the market if it just lasted longer. I mean, less than two hours and doesn´t even project well for one of them. What a shame.

biscoff
biscoff

Bad projection. No longevity. Weak->weaker->the weakest->D&G The One for men. I regret buying it...

liav24
liav24

Bought this on a sale, its pretty expensive in normal days.
this perfume is an A+, fits the winter / cold nights, has a sweet powdery orange.
Patchouli lavender and vanilla / tobacco notes rises after 30 monutes / 1 hour on skins (with my experience)
the scent itself for me is 9
the projection and longevity is about 5-6.i wish it stayed more on me.

bottom line - love it and you should try it, i got a lot of "what kind of perfume are you using" questions from girls.

Good Masculine scent. Bad Projection

Good Masculine scent. Bad Projection

Jay T
Jay T

J'ai trouvé que si vous pulvérisez le tout sur le même endroit, vous êtes récompensé avec une riche odeur de beurre qui me rend fou. Il n'est pas obtenue par pulvérisation d'un spray ici et une pulvérisation il. Je ne sais pas ce que c'est. C'est après le gingembre et la coriandre après. Quelque part autour de la demi-heure de. C'est le secret de cette eau de Cologne.

zinski19901
zinski19901

great scent but it sucks that it doesn't last on me

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Soft, mild, slightly sweet and slightly spicy. It's refined, elegant and kinda sexy. That said, it really doesn't stand out in any particular way. If a guy has a few bottles of well made designer fragrances, I do not see a reason to add this one to the mix. With so many endless choices for mens cologne, this one can easily get lost in the crowd. If I owned a bottle I'd probably get bored with it after awhile. As a side note, the projection and longevity are on the weak side. Its certainly not a bad choice and a guy going to a job interview or on a first date can do a whole lot worse, but then again he can also do a whole lot better. Overall I give it a B-.

musicman4931
musicman4931

What a great scent to be ruined by projection issues. Actually last me all day, just never can smell it off the skin.

JF Dufour
JF Dufour

Fruity, a little bit spicy, soft and elegant. I love, but very weak. Why ?
I must find the way to get more longevity and projection. I will find.

Mrbigbigtoe

When I first smelled this, I fell in love.

Now.... Not so much.

I'm actually a little irritated at this one right now.

NEVER lasts on clothes or skin. Even if it did, nobody can smell it because it is WEAK!!!

SirYugen
SirYugen

To this day this is "the" greatest scent I have smelled in a men's cologne. It is definitely among my favorites and is an easy reach for most occasions outside of the workplace. This juice has soo much potential that is blocked by is lasting power being so piss poor. But hey, the ladies seem to love it.

The "glass cannon" of amazing fragrances.

9/10 (only things stopping it from a perfect 10 is it's terrible longevity)

seachase
seachase

"The One for Men" has been a favorite for about 4 years now. It's just one of those exciting and sexy fragrances that your hand will automatically reach for when selecting something to wear from your collection.
If I had to choose which fragrances I have received the most compliments on throughout the years, The One would certainly be in the top 5.
I can't belive so many reviews before mine complain of a short longevity.....because for me this scent is a monster, easily lasting a potent 8 to 10 hours.
Truly, an amazing fragrance for men.

victoria.mei1992

I believe this is great and unique, outstanding from others. As I found it in women perfume by D&G.

orlandopiano
orlandopiano

I haven't worn this one in a couple of years. However, I was at the store today and smelled it again and had to get another bottle. This scent goes with many different occasions and situations as well as a good year-around fragrance for me. I think it stands out as more than just another "me too" fragrance among the other more popular offerings on the market. There are some subtle spicy tones that really give it a little more dimension and distinction than other similar fragrances.

dbarrymore21
dbarrymore21

The One is truly one the fragrances you should own, the scent is amazing, the notes are properly balanced, I used The One so many times and never got bored of it. I definitely recommend it the only downfall is it's not long lasting(((

colhiggs
colhiggs

One of the very first fragrances that I ever owned even before I started collecting, this was the only scent I wore for a good year. As I have developed in my collecting, I still often come back to this especially for work. True, the longevity and performance problems are an issue. But the scent is really one of the best out there. That coriander and ginger opening makes for a spicy/sweet intro that develops into a rich woods. Very vintage smelling, almost like something you would smell in the 1970s. I truly wish the longevity was improved but from everything I hear the new formulations of this are just as bad if not worse. It's a shame because this would be a top ten fragrance in my opinion. As it is, it's still a very classy elegant scent which will get you a trove of compliments. Just be aware that after about 4 hours, no one will be able to smell it. I suggest carrying around an atomizer of this because you will need to reapply But as far as the actual fragrance goes, this is one of beauty.

Madholm
Madholm

If this thing projected better I would love it even more. The scent is fantastic on me; love the spicy-sweet mix for evening (or moderate temperate) use, but it's more suited to a night in, than a night out, due to the close quarters required to properly enjoy it. I do not like boisterous frags such as 1M, (which makes me cringe) but I really wish this stuff had the projection of 1M.

Outside of intimate encounters, it's going to be one I wear for my own enjoyment; such a comfortable and easy scent to wear. Granted, I'm sure that's why most users of this site wear their favorites; the enjoyment we get from them.

Edit - forgot to mention longevity. I get a good 6+ Hours on average, but sometimes it will just keep trucking all day and I can still smell it in the evening. Recently I wore it in the morning and couldn't smell it on my forearms when I headed to the bar so I sprayed some Givenchy Play Intense on my wrist (tester) before I went out. The next morning I went for my 6:30am run and I got a whiff of something. I thought it might be the Play, but I smelled my wrist - nothing. Smelled my forearm - bam, the one was shinning through almost 24 hours later from me sweating it back up. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised, but I don't expect that kind of performance daily. Just goes to show how variable scents can be from one situation to the next.

Elite Gentleman
Elite Gentleman

Absolutely brilliant scent, despite not having one natural ingredient! I love spraying my designer suits with this, they smell brilliant afterwards. Sillage however is not so great. And longevity is laughable. I highly recommend combining this Molecule 01 for a longer lasting effect and more sillage.

aruxad
aruxad

One of the Great Perfumes. Fresh and Sexy at same time.

George Ch.
George Ch.

I like it it smells great and it lasts about 6 hours in my skin it's a good choice

israelgonzales
israelgonzales

Smells great...i see alot of reviews about its lack of projection and longevity...i say just wear it the summer heat and it just eve out perfectly..love this stuff!

josevancouver

Here I am wearing Dolce and Gabbana the One for Men again. I have a pretty large collection, including a lot of niche fragrances, but I keep reaching for this fragrance in the late Spring/Summer. Why? Because it smells great. I get compliments on this stuff and while it is not a projection monster, I don't really want it to be anyways. The combination of tobacco, ginger and woods gives this a very sexy but subtle vibe.

This fragrance does have decent lasting power, and I get a decent 5-6 hours on me. The sprayer shoots a little bit of juice, and while I am a typical 3 spray person, I'm usually spraying 5-6 of this. I also use the deodorant and even the body wash.

I do NOT wear this in the winter/fall, so projection/longevity is not a problem for me.

landon1
landon1

Trash longevity on my skin. 1 hour

VanMarlton
VanMarlton

I cannot say that this scent has poor longevity. For me this works just fine, I get roughly 8 hours with it. Projection is not loud indeed, so I agree with that. But I find that its "short life" reputation is greatly exaggerated.

Moderate projection is fine by me too because I enjoy wearing it in romantic type of situations, as opposed to going out/clubbing or what not. I am not wearing this scent to be noticed or to make a statement.

But wow, it is just so good! Drydown is amazing - very cedary with resinous sweetness and a touch of ginger. To me this could well be the unifying fragrance that brings the best from the Tom Ford era Gucci line - it slightly reminds me of Envy and GPH at the same time.

Signature worthy, imo.

victoria.mei1992

I think it is similar to opium 2007 for men. Similar notes, want to try.

Idrians
Idrians

In terms of smell, this is The One.
Such perfect smell, my oh my. Lovely, tenderly sweet, romantic, warm, pleasant... this would be my perfection if could be real, but sadly it's all a cruel short dream that evaporates as soon as you touch the heaven.

Yes, after you start enjoying the fragrance so much the nightmare comes out. Horrible projection and awful lasting power.

I don't own the bottle, but have a couple of samples and tried a few times on perfumeries when I decide to give it another try, praying to be different from the others... but it's always the same.
Winter, summer, happy day, in the morning, in the afternoon... it always feel so weak, close to skin, and doesn't last more than 3-5 hours in my skin.

Recommended for indoors: the office, family events and specially close dates at home with your girl, or that one you want to conquer.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

I had a decision to make: Vera Wang, Tom Ford, or DG the One. They are all very similar in smell but I believe DG is the superior fragrance. Four things that really stick out with this fragrance: lemon, orange blossom, ginger, and amber. Plenty of people consider this smell super sexy. It even gives off a coconut, tropical vibe. I really enjoy wearing this fragrance in the spring because the warmer weather provides that extra little oomph with projection on my skin. At best, I probably get 6-7 hours out of this fragrance.

mcaldow
mcaldow

This fragrance is a very sexy fragrance, very masculine and smells delightful. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long on my skin, and it doesn't leave a trail, not does it radiate from me. This is perfect to wear when you're close to your significant other, as they will smell it, but people from a metre or two will not. If Dolce and Gabbana made this so the longevity and sillage are much better, than this will be one of my top ten fragrances.

jiujitsuhero
jiujitsuhero

I love this fragrance. It gets me compliments at work and while im riding public transportation to and from there as well. Perfomance is good on me. I spray this 3 times and it lasts atleast 8 hours. I come home and take off my shirt and my GF still smells it on my chest.

Knows2Nose
Knows2Nose

Olivier Polge created this cologne, not Stefano Gabbana, as it states above.

badri
badri

nice stuff

works well on my skin / 4 sprays last around 8 hours !!

8.5/10

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Like everyone else I love this scent; it's masculine, yet women really love it too. Also, just like everyone else I wish it lasted longer and projected better on my skin. I would love to wear this out as an evening/date scent, but that's not going happen since it sits way too soft on my skin. Fortunately, it's a great cuddle scent so I wear it for an evening in with the missus. Dolce & Gabbana would be wise (are you guys listening?) to make 'The One' an EDP - the costs would be minimal and the fragrance folks would love it.

bart4543
bart4543

i would pay double the price if they would make an EDP version that would last all day because the composition of this fargrance is impeccable. aboslutely superb and complex scent, sophisticated, classy, easily signautre scent worthy, very versatile, complement getter, however, the fragrance dies with in two hours so i cant recommend.

noyours
noyours

the one mean the one of most beautiful perfume.

Guinea54

this is more of a question .... I really enjoyed the scent when i had this.. I bought it from fragrance net.. but the scent died in like 10 mins literally.. I have a good nose.. It really did die in minutes. now why is that... is there different formulations..does where you buy the bottle from make a difference.. Maybe people who are getting it from macys are getting fresher bottles.. where as maybe online sites aren't stored as good, or older juice? I am starting to think there is a reason for such vast differences in opinion other than nose fatigue.. I am starting to think where you get your fragrances might matter.

drummerboy1986

hey guys!!! try this blend d&g the with blue seduction... the freshness of blue seduction, and the fresh, creamy, spiciness of the one

bargouga
bargouga

My husband is using this scent and I think it is the best he has ever used. The tobacco and ginger notes makes the fragrance so masculine. Usually I am not big fan of spicy notes but this one was an exception. It smells perfect on him :)..

PS: I am wondering if there is any for women perfune that reminds of it !! I will definetely test it ;)

just to note:
guys if you are having a hard time smelling scents like this i know it may suck but try spraying it on your clothes on your shoulders where the scent is closer to your nose so all is not lost..i am having to do this with my Guerlain Coquin and now i smell it...i think there are some scents your nose tunes out but if you put it close enough there is no way not to smell it and for a good amount of time...i know i know, you shouldn't but to feel justified just try it..perfumes stay on clothes longer because they don't go down in any pores of skin so they settle and stay longer and stay true to the actual scent.
this is a lovely fragrance not to smell it..that's how i feel about my Guerlain Coquin i wanna smell it too..hope this helps!

Tweleve
Tweleve

The scent is amazing, but I have no idea what's going on with the projection. I did one spray on my wrist and I'm getting it on and off, but someone 8 ft away from me can clearly smell it

Not sure if it's just olfactory fatigue for the person wearing it or what

MyNoseKnowsThose
MyNoseKnowsThose

This cologne is weird to me. I've NEVER been able to smell it on myself(including initial applying) but i have been complimented on it. I'll just note then when I did apply this frag, it was during the winter.

dreyfoose
dreyfoose

This one really lives up to the hype, guys.
The ginger and tobacco accords are sublime. It's got a little bit of sweetness to it as well.

I cannot imagine anyone not liking this scent. Very unique and a safe buy.

Longevity issues, maybe, but I have at times, oversprayed, without anyone complaining. It's just that good!

Why
Why

Nice safe scent.

Lasts forever, projects like ish. Decent frag for close quarters, but not much to write home about.

Mrbigbigtoe

I swear to God I'm not lying when I say this stuff confuses me.
I'll wear 10 sprays and nobody will say anything.
I'll wear 2-3 sprays and someone across the room within 30 seconds of entering says YOU SMELL AMAZING!

Personally, I think it is light, but apparently it isn't.
I guess our noses just becomes immune to the smell.
Which really sucks because I want to smell it too!
Also, if I spray in the bend of my elbows, it actually stays there longer than Fahrenheit from Dior. So I believe we ALL know how potent Fahrenheit is, either way I love them both. I'd still choose Fahrenheit over The One, because The One DOES NOT last 3 hours in the winter. It is a hot weather ONLY.

kiviivi
kiviivi

Epic balmi woode sweet fragrance with longevity of EAU THE MIST re aply every 1 hrs.

jreily88
jreily88

I wonder if I am the only person on the face of the earth who has ever said that 3 sprays of this has lasted 10 hours or more on my skin. In fact, I had worn this to work one day a couple of years ago and even after having it on for about 8 hours, I got a compliment on it from someone a good 5 ft. away, all while applying maybe 2-3 sprays that morning. The smell is awesome as well. Definitely something you could wear on a summer night or in the spring. I don't really think it would work very well in really cold weather.

renzo77
renzo77

people do not buy anything that does not smell or smell is very weak nothing lasts no projection does not get fired their money on something that no one will smell 3 hours ago I got in both wrists and arms dior sport, fleur du male, platinum egoiste and the one and the one disappeared in 1 hour at the 3rd hour or skin smells reason the others are very weak smell platinum reason in conclusion that shit does not last nothing is worse or equal to bvlgari pour homme dolce & gabanna should not sell...
scent 5/10
longevity 1/10
sillage 1/10

EzioAuditore
EzioAuditore

This is a very nice scent! It's a scent like no other!
If i could change something about this fragrance it would be the longevity and sillage!
But i love this one very much!

steve1991
steve1991

One of the first and still greatest of the fragrances I own.

paulhunter

This subtle smell is pure elegance- when you can smell it. My bottle is six years old, and I do remember it being more noticeable when I first owned it, but the projection is very limited for this. Longevity is decent for a designer frag.
On to the smell, I always notice new things about this when I wear it. Most apparent is the grapefruit in the beginning, with cinnamon highlighting it. This citrus is what makes it wearable in the Spring time as well as Autumn. However, the softness of The One discourages Winter use; simply not enough "oomph" to cut through the cold. About a half hour after spray, the grapefruit is gone and what is left is a sweet and spicy aura, with most recognizable notes being amber, clove, and cedar. The tobacco, instead of being its own note, seems to envelop the entire aroma and make it richer. To my nose, this fragrance is very sweet and smells like it is colored, probably will not repurchase because of the price tag and the slight projection. It is great for close quarters, though, lots of compliments!

glauber7
glauber7

tea and tobacco great i love this fragrance

Manny44
Manny44

I need to remember to not wear this in the winter. It has weak projection under normal circumstances but is completely neutralized in cold weather.

Ranger0987
Ranger0987

Great stuff. Not sure if number one with the lady's though.

Hemphead
Hemphead

I really love the scent and i don't think i'll ever get tired of smelling this fragrance. But as all of you who have read the reviews of others on this most comments say that it lacks the projection and longevity and sad to say... i'm afraid i'd have to agree with it according to my experience. But it really smells great!

Smell: 10/10
Projection: 4/10

Bogarde
Bogarde

The achilles heel of this masterpiece is the sillage.Unfortunately longevity is very poor too. This is a perfect close quarters scent.
Lovely and delightful scent in a nice looking bottle. You could smell citrus on top notes for a short time,and then the tobacco, amber and the ginger in the background but all mixed in a sweet way...the dry down is awesome.

Projection: 5/10

Overall: 7/10

beretboy22
beretboy22

I simply cannot relate to the complaints of this fragrance lacking projection and longevity. I wore this fragrance extensively when I was in my early 20s as my go-to night out scent. I vividly recall all of my clothes smelling like this scent: the many nights I spent after the club with a mate, leaving their sheets smelling like me - the many days I woke up and went to work, still smelling of this scent. Although I rarely wear it now, it's still my signature scent based on the memories and outstanding performance. Perhaps it's my chemistry that makes it work for me; unfortunately D&G the One Gentlemen has absolutely no longevity or projection for me.

I rate this frag 9.5 out of 10. It is the epitome of versatility as it is mature and classy enough to wear as a workplace fragrance, but seductive enough to not be boring or generic. At night, it's a prime time performer that is sure to make you come off as refined, chic, and masculine. It's more of a cooler weather fragrance, but it's perfect for summer nights. Overall, this is the fragrance that you cannot go wrong with if you want to simply smell good.

Hamzah77
Hamzah77

Classic scent. Definitely in my top 5. Compliments galore. Wish it could last longer.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

This is a very pleasing, clean, modern male fragrance that reminded me a lot of winter holiday get togethers and galas. The sillage is respectful but teases, the longevity is generous depending on body chemistry. The drydown reminded me of extremely subtle version of Chanel's Egoïste once it has become less predatory and finally settled down lol.

Being as it has familiar ingredients, I liked this fragrance for men because it smells like a MAN. One too many times I am tired of smelling the gauche, über-trendy, redundant, monotonous "male" perfumes that smell entirely geared to the kind of boys that freak out over growing a little chest hair or having to change a tire.

Great to see (smell?) that some designers prefer to keep their fragrances unquestionably masculine. MMMmm MMMmm -purrs-

silvernose

Mix this seductive and charmingly warm fragrance with its younger gentleman brother together and you have a spectacular scent that will keep the compliments and ladies coming. Trust me.

Extol
Extol

I just got a sample of this in the mail. It smells absolutely... celestial. It seems to have an alright longevity, but the sillage is not good at all. More of a night scent because of this.

For the price, you can probably find similar scents that perform better for less. I'd buy it just because it is so addicting to smell.

CRIALESV
CRIALESV

Who doesn't love this scent? Also, who doesn't wish it performed better. I swapped it for Terre d'Hermes. The One has a great smell but absolutely horrible projection and lasting power. Please make an EDP, I beg you!!!

odie
odie

Oh my, this is so sexy and masculine....the tobacco accent mixed with the sultry amber and crisp citrus is a recipe for love in my book. My sisters man has this one and I smelled it from the bottle, gosh, made me long for a besotting romance. I would buy this for my guy, yeah I would! Perfect perfume.

MANIABOTA
MANIABOTA

i test it and find its to soft, n light smell,.. not very suitable for hot climate country such mine,..

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

There´s no way you don´t like this one, not my favorite, but a sure buy!

hell cold
hell cold

با سلام .به نظر من بوی لیموی این عطر غالبه در کل خوشبوه

nonsisa
nonsisa

Sophisticated but a little bit weak in terms of longevity and projection.

I guess they should bring out an intense version of this.

aleksandar.dragas6

I really cannot understand the problem with longevity that everyone is complaining about, this stays on my skin for at least 9, 10 hours! and sillage is very good because I get compliments every time! For me this is one of the best and one of the most original everyday, casual fragrance.

WildDove
WildDove

Tons of light amber, which smells cheap to me.

ForrealMe2

OMGoodness!..I am a Woman and i am so drawn to this scent..even if it don't last long just put some in a portable travel spray and reapply and your good! This smells fantastic! The amber,citrus and spice with that masculine touch that is smooth is amazing...My Husband has to buy this..MEN BUY THIS!I can totally see women drawn to this its warm and inviting.Sometimes we think the scent is not there but it is..ever had the experience where you put on something you hated and you noticed it last for hours? No difference with something you love..sometimes the nose just becomes immune to scents after time...yes some linger but i notice alot of times we don't smell scents on ourselves that others will notice..and even if its a skin scent..that is ok for the right person to be close :)

Casper112
Casper112

I received a sample of it a few days ago and my first impression was "did they send me a feminine fragrance?" Then, I looked at the receipt and it was actually D&G The One for men. I cannot understand how this fragrance is classified as "a very masculine" because it is not at all, IMO. This fragrance should be advertised for women and not for men because it has a VERY feminine smell to it. I do enjoy the smell but I would never wear it outside because it would make feel uncomfortable wearing such a feminine fragrance. The color and the bottle of this fragrance made me think that it is going to very masculine, but unfortunately it totally disappointed me.

maio2012
maio2012

Easy to like, easy to use, easy to forget.

openingday
openingday

This is a masterpiece. poor longevity and sillage, however.

almulhimfahad
almulhimfahad

Very nice smell, cant they make it a bit stronger?

It is really soft, but again, excellent fragrance.

Love&Happiness
Love&Happiness

The One is a dreamy, soft powerhouse. Three or four sprays and I am enveloped in sensual grapefruit and an underlying soft sweetness. It waxes quickly, totally filling the room with its aroma. Truly, this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever smelled, a masterpiece.

Ashcroft87
Ashcroft87

One of the few fragrances out there able to put males and females on the same opinion.

Smell 10
Sillage 7.5
Longevity 7.5

As you probably have experienced, most of the time this elixir tends to have poor lasting power and close to skin projection.
Now, variables like type of skin, or sprays quantity might affect positively or negatively but most of the time they will end up with the same result.

I really do hope D&G comes up with the same smell but as an Eau de Parfum as I truly believe that they could rule the market for quite a while :)

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

a very good fragrance that i ve appreciated since i ve tested it for the 1st time ,this is a spiced ambery tobacco quite sweet but not in a nauseous way like a-men or 1million ,this is quieter ,velvety and soft not power sillage or overprojection but stay for hours close to the skin

aleksandar.dragas6

I wish this was a bit stronger cause then it would be the best fragrance I own!

joezilla
joezilla

a less synthetic version of la nuit. you'll get compliments and overall it's decent, but there's nothing ''wow'' about it.

Pianopolice

Very strong and perfect. It is amazing how a cologne as strong as The One is not offensive. A masterpiece from D&G.

alexander.cobabe

This "one" smells too rich and masculine to call a perfume; it's more of a Man Oil. I can't get over how attractive I smell when I wear this one. It smells like a wealthy young gentleman who knows how to impress a woman with his classiness. If I'm going to fork over the money for a bottle of expensive juice, it better make me feel like such a gentleman.

I find the silage to be decent, but not high performance. That's Ok. I think most people complain about the silage because it smells so good they want it to fill the room, but it doesn't. It sits a little close. For longevity I get about 6h.

The bottle is also elegant. It has a 1950s design to it.

Cant stop sniffing it, love it.

JeyeL
JeyeL

The one

Love it or hate it frag! For some it is too sweat, too floral, too feminine....for me it is a perfect mix of sweet notes & spices, it smells so damn good and very masculine to me. My GF absolutely loves it and so do I (it’s my signature frag).

3 sprays last 6 – 8 hours on me, so I have no problems with longevity (guess I’m just lucky & the One works well with my body chemistry). Projection is average though, but that’s the way I prefer it to be.

At least give it a try and test it on your skin instead of paper!

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Weak as a kitten. Come on D&G it needs the longevity/projection the name implies.

jake.smith84
jake.smith84

I was a huge fan of the smell, but returned it due to what I perceived to be it's poor sillage/longevity (which others seemed to concur with).

Fast forward to a couple of days ago in December. A limo driver friend of mine starts up a conversation with me and I immediately smell (and recognize) it from a good 4 feet away. It's 2pm, and I ask him how long ago he applied it, expecting him to say an hour or so ago. NOPE. Applied only two sprays to each side of the neck at 6am and still going fairly strong 8 hours later! I had to ask him a 2nd time out of disbelief, only for him to indeed confirm.

Either he was lying out the ass, or this frag is a longevity BEAST that I guess produces olfactory fatigue pretty easily and hence gives false impressions of weak longevity.

Considering repurchasing this now....

bethyblue
bethyblue

Smells like Apricot to me with a hint of Vanilla and spice. Only negative is that it isn't very potent.

Jim_Jones
Jim_Jones

I was just shocked to see the "This reninds me of" section and notice Villain by Ed Hardy (well, Christian Audigier). I had Purchased Villain prior to The One and loved it. I thought I would never wear somthing ED Hardy but now know why I liked it. It (Villian) is a fun version of The One. Nither have good silage though, which is sad. The One is (sadly) the best perfume created by the house of D&G since Dolce & Gabbana BY (Man). I love the smell as do many. It makes me comfortable but excited. It's both pleasant and soothing, while carrying a vigorous sensuality. Still a Masterpiece even for what it lacks in other key areas. It is a scent I will always keep on hand.

-James

WolverineWarrior
WolverineWarrior

Just smelt a sample from a catalogue, I think I smelt pine apple even tho its not listed in the notes.

robg303
robg303

Woody, a little Sweet and a little Spicy!
Pretty darn good for a commercial, mass-appeal fragrance.
Great for cold days and nights.

seekritdude
seekritdude

Theres a lot of fragrances that I can argue to my nose smell better at certain points. But in terms of through out the whole fragrance top to bottom in terms of smell this is still probably my faveorite to this day. I dont find it paticularly complex but theres enough going on that it never gets boring. I believe that it has been reforumalated at least twice. I know once because newer bottles do have different ingridents listed however I have not smelled the newest version myself. I dont think there is much to complain about smell wise for this one. A lot of people compare this to a sorta tropical fruit punch with spices etc. Just a great blend of many pleasing notes. But id like to note that although people say this is fruity this is deffintly not "juicy" by any means. And if anything it can smell if anything quite dry almost to the point of having a plastic qaulity to it. The main complaints for it of course are its longevity and projection which admitedly are spotty at best. My orginal version of this was quite a bit better and getting 8 hours out of it was pretty reasonable and sometimes even longer. A "newer" bottle I have it I tend to only get around a spotty 4-5 hours, and with some luck sometimes I can reach 8 hours. However with both versions projection is never that strong and generally I dont expect for someone to smell me more then a person or so away. Compliment wise its a great one, if the person can smell you. So in short longevity and projection are spotty at best, so if you want something to last you all day your gonna need a bit of luck with this. But in terms of smell its a great one.

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

Instead of releasing shitty flankers, D&G need to get their heads screwed on and release an EDP or Intense version of this. The scent is definitely not as strong as it used to be or as beautiful, i dont know if its just me. It was warm and thick in the best way possible, just downright sexy. It used to smell so rich and distinct and projected for many hours, now its just a dull shell of what was a true unisex masterpiece (at least in me and my best friends opinions - we are both females). Please release an EDP Dolce!

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

Great fragrance - elegant yet masculine, as i'm sure other users have said generally you'd wear it of an evening, however i have also worn it to work. Longevity isn't great on me, but other than that it's a must-have.

scentgent
scentgent

Pina colada in a bottle.

Top of citrus notes, which burns off incredibly fast.
The rest of this fragrance is an amber bomb. There is a little ginger and tobacco in the background, but you basically bought a heavy amber fragrance.

However, longevity is shoddy at best. Projection is poor, unless you have skin moisturizer, where it will then be tolerable. Close-to-the-skin fragrance.

For the price, Chergui is better. But if you bought this because of a lack of access to chergui, not all is lost. Just use a moisturizer and you will get better results.

Projection:5/10
Sillage: 7/10
Versatility: 10/10
Bang for buck: 5/10
Compliments: 8/10 (although I cannot detect this several hours after I spray it on, women can)
Overall: 7/10

This had the potential to be "THE ONE," but instead turned into "just another one of THOSE fragrances…" unfortunately.

alimuanis
alimuanis

When you have a first date, when you have the one love, when you have the one best friend, when you have the one life, when you have the one chance, when you have the one challenge, when you have the one reason, when you have the one change, it's when you have
**The One** by Dolce&Gabbana

after i buy it and wear it and try it and love it and adore it.
what can i say to dolce&Gabbana just thank you so
much for this fragrance for this amazing smell you just give us a beautiful and amazing feeling from this fragrance smell.
sure it's # the one #
I bought
Size of the bottle / 100 mL
Price / $54 after best discount!

My opinion is :-
Occasions :office/love moments/bedtime/ walking/wedding/party/meeting/business/normal time/
Season: summer/ fall /winter / spring
Compliments 10/10
Bottle design 10/10

bcray82
bcray82

Meh, nothing special. Predictable, at least it's better than The One Gentleman - which was totally awful. If you want to smell like a 22 year old yuppie, buy this.

Tpainter2
Tpainter2

I love this one, just wish I didn't have to use half the bottle anytime I want others to smell it.

liiva
liiva

This is so good, so charming and sensual !!! It is very manly, citrusy and same time warm and with some sweetness. And really- very sensual tobacco. Perfect !

Awesome fragrance

drakecito
drakecito

This is an example of typical current designer fragrances.
It's like water with a little odor of tobacco and spices, made with cheap components that sells itself only by the name of the brand and its advertising.

No smelly but it's too boring.Perhaps for everyday at the office if you don't want to attract attention.

The sillage is very, very low.
Longevity is good (more than 6 hours).

scent: 5/10
longevity: 6/10
sillage: 1/10

baloch 1
baloch 1

i am useing it from 3 months.scent smells very nice, but poor Sillage and Longevity.after 30mins its just a skin scent.
for that money you can buy other good perfumes.
Scent - 8/10
Longevity - 4/10
Sillage - 1/10

genesis1501
genesis1501

One of the most pleasant scents I ever smelled. I had this fragrance and I will buy it again.

I only have longevity issues with this fragrance like many other people which I find weird, because most fragrances tend to stick on my skin for a good while, except for a few which I don't like anyway. Maybe I had a bad bottle, I'll update this post whenever I can get my hands on another bottle.

Seanery
Seanery

I really enjoy the way this fragrance smells but I am a bit disappointed about how close the sent sits on the body. Some other perfumes I have worn radiate a little more so that if it is on my wrists, I can smell it ( so about an arms-length for sillage), but this one has a very small area of effect.

It is a personal preference of mine to have more sillage in a perfume so with that in mind, there REALLY isn't anything I can complain about in regards to this fragrance.

I enjoy the Amber, Ceder,Tobacco, and Ginger scents that come off of it. It reminds me of older gentlemen that might wear this on a day-to-day basis while at work because it isn't a loud scent.

This is a great Perfume. :D

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

Started wearing this today.

*puts shirt over nose*

What i get from this is a soft/powder (not baby just a powder like) smell.

I'm trying to think of another smell that zings but not finding much else.

It's definitely a colder weather fragrance as that powder style can be much in warmer weather.

So just picture a kind of muffled ( if i can use that word for a smell instead of a sound ) smell that wraps around the nose, that is soft yet masculine without being overpowering.

On the compliments side...

Got a few, notice at work when some were closing in on me then smiling about it ( women ) and 1 guy complimented it ( a co-worker lol )

I say grab this, use it in the fall/winter time, casual is fine...even a night out could be a-ok.

YourFragranceTake
YourFragranceTake

The One is an interesting fragrance. It is sweet, fruity, woodsy, spicy, sharp, and smoky; an interesting combination for sure. This scent is quite linear yet at the same time I feel it smells a little different every time I spray it on. I believe that means it is well blended? Overall, all those accords mentioned above give this scent a very warm and elegant charm. Longevity and projection are awful. Such a shame...

Try it for sure.

isabellerose
isabellerose

I agree with the previous comment - guys, go out and get it! This is such a sexy perfume! It's absolutely perfect.

EBaby
EBaby

Ok, Gentlemen...let me say, as a woman, JUST GET THIS. This is one of the most delightful fragrances I have ever smelled on a man. Ever. The love of my life was wearing this the night we met. When we danced, close, my head on his shoulder, this what I smelled. My. God. When he ran out of it, I bought more. This is, by far, my favorite fragrance on him. I smell sweet, yet masculine tobacco, lovely, rich amber, and sophisticated spices. This fragrance is appropriate for most occasions. Others have mentioned a less-than-average longevity, but this lasts a very long time on him. When he wears this before we go out, he's lucky to get out the door, 'wink, wink'.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

I love this fragrance so much,so sexy & sensual,classy,elegant,warm and it smells expensive.
It's a 10+ for the scent but here stops all the good things about this fragrance!
It's such a shame that this beautiful fragrance,after one hour becomes a skin scent and after another 2 hours it's almost gone,maybe more if you use another The One body products.
The projection it's close to the skin,i don't mind that,if i wanna intoxicate a room full of people i use 1 million or l'instant de Guerlain.To me The One it's the perfect choice for a romantic date, maybe a dinner at the restaurant,dressed nicely.
It is fit for night use at any season,age 20+ yo.
I wouldn't recommend this when u're going clubbing,it's too weak for that,it's gone before you'll hit the scene and have the chance for someone to see how great it smells..:((((
Once my bottle of this one is done i won't buy another for sure!
An intense long lasting version of this fragrance would be awesome ,i would buy that in a heartbeat,otherwise it's not worth the price!
Scent amazing :10/10
Longevity poor: 3/10
Sillage poor: 3/10
If you really love the scent go get it,otherwise you can find many great fragrances with much better longevity and projection in the same price range!

pharhanbadar
pharhanbadar

This is a sensual fragrance,no doubt......but the sillage and longivity are so poor, even you cannot find it yourself after 30 minutes. Spending high for this poor cologne doesnt make any sense.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

This smells like a smoother, classier Old Spice. It's delightful.

Thee Arabian Knight

THIS is sex in a bottle, not Musc Ravageur!!!

Layzie
Layzie

The first time I tried it, I think the tester had gone bad or something. It made no impression and couldn't be detected by me and my girlfriend. I tested this out again recently at a different store and can finally understand all the great reviews.

The One is better than all the other D&G male fragrances I've smelled. It is warm, sweet, and sensual. As it doesn't project well, this will only be enjoyed at close contact. The tobacco, amber, and ginger blend well around the cardamom and grapefruit to create a crisp yet creamy and inviting perfume. I asked several women in the store for their opinions of The One on my elbow, and the responses were all positive. On my skin, it actually lasted all day and evening.

I'm glad I gave it a second try!

Hawre Hamad
Hawre Hamad

Really nice one i love it i feel happy when i wear it.
but not so good longevity.

mxp231
mxp231

THE LONGEVITY/PROJECTION OF THIS FRAGRANCE IS BAD.

Now that that's out of the way, lets focus on the fragrance itself. This is a wonderful scent that is very masculine and warming.

Perhaps my favorite note is the grapefruit/citrus infusion in the opening. This creates a tropical vibe that sold me when I first sprayed this.

I am a college kid and I am an introvert who doesn't like to stand out or attract too much attention in class. This is the perfect scent for me because I like to be smelled only by those in close proximity to me. I get way too self conscious wearing loud fragrances in quiet, static settings like classrooms or lecture halls.

This is a perfect scent for a college student!! :)

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

I really enjoy this cologne, just imagine smelling a cigar that has been dipped in a fruit punch.
I just wish they would reformulate it to last longer and the silage is fine with being moderate as long as it lasts longer.
I can get away wearing this cologne here in the Philippines tropical weather at night times.
The scent actually lasted a bit longer here in the Philippines due to the tropical weather compared to when I was using it in the US.
But still not enough longevity for a very nice smelling cologne in my opinion.
I would give this a higher rating if it lasted longer on my skin.

EDIT:
If I am going out for more than 4 hours, I always bring a very small 3ml atomizer so I can re apply. I suggest you guys do the same if you think that the longevity is an issue. Problem solved!!!

My overall rating is 7.5/10

Krupp
Krupp

Excellent all-round perfume for every days. Good start perfume, uncomplicated, perhaps most for the young man beginning to find his own scent, but without buying it in the supermarket.

rajnandan
rajnandan

nice but very poor projection

Vythedir
Vythedir

My wife bought this scent for me when we were in town after trying a couple of different ones. We both loved this one the moment it touched my skin. It is warm and spicy, but not too strong. I definitely want to keep this one. My wife loves it when I put it on, and I notice, which makes me feel good. The One is a masculine scent and, though it is not overpowering, still stands strong.

GrizModo82
GrizModo82

I receive plenty of compliments whenever I wear this fragrance to work. Warm scent...actually I wear this year round, but it's really effective and great in colder tempatures.

roll4fun
roll4fun

Another store inner elbow test: Very good initial impression- smooth and spicy, but not too strong. Got ginger and amber notes with a hint of citrus. Four hours later, scent still easily evident though close to skin. By then, ginger notes faded with tobacco a bit more evident.

This comes across more as a good blend in vs. a standout fragrance. I would feel very comfortable wearing this to a job interview, or any other situation. Although not willing to make this "the one" for my rotation, I could see this being a "next one" for future purchases.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I got this as a gift about a year ago, and thought it was generic.

Today, I tried it again and it's wonderful! I don't know why it stuck in my mind as an ordinary scent...? It was a nice surprise to re-visit this one after a false memory of it.

The smooth background amber, with the top spicy ginger & grapefruit is just very nice.

I Really like this one a lot :)

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: average
LONGEVITY: average
SCENT: very good
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 7.5/10
---------------------------------------------

anger_free
anger_free

بر عکس ۲ تا برادر دیگش بوی خیلی خوب و موندگاری بهتری داره ولی پخش بوش زیاد مناسب نیست به نظر من توی پاییز و بهار استفاده بشه بهتره

Valfar
Valfar

This one is an amazing fragrance but the sillage and longevity frustrates me. This would be a masterpiece with a better sillage and longevity. Maybe an "Intense" version would be great

alexander.cobabe

Great, high class smell and good silage. But this one is for men who are 30+ and well established. I'll definitely get this one down the road.

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

This is such a beautiful perfume!

It opens with strong coriander, projected well, the basil comes second and i honestly couldnt smell the citrus in top notes, the middle is filled with cardamom and orange blossom water, Ginger as well, then comes the best part, the base notes, with Amber strongly projected, Tobacco and Cedar wood.

Pure beauty, may project sometimes as an Arabian perfume because of the combination of cardamom, orange blossom and Amber, but this is a well mixed perfume that is going to be a classic. the best of the ONE series so far for men.

Sillage and projection are great, this is one of the fragrances that won't stay long on your shirt, but stays our on your skin, and i have to say it's also one of those that smells different on different skins. you should try it first, its stays at least 5 hours on me.

carolien1978
carolien1978

D&G The One...for the one ( I love ) ;-) .... it's warm, chic , gentlemen like. Not a very strong parfum, you have to get really close. Not that that's a bad thing...not at all.

Jose Marcos

I also thought that The One, The One Gentleman and specially Bulgari Man didn't last more than 10 to 15 minutes. Then somebody in BN suggested that I did a test: when I thought that I couldn't smell it anymore I would ask somebody to try to smell it and all the time the person said he/she could smell and in the case o B Man that it was quite strong. Somehow some fragrances produce a sort of olfactory fatigue and "we" think it has dessapered. It is a pity though because we sttop smellig a scent that we like, but others still profit from the scent. I hope it can be of any use, but it is not the scent's fault.

aleksandar.dragas6

I used and tried a lot of fragrances, but this is pure perfection ;)

Jgalfano
Jgalfano

It's a very good evening scent and I personally think (not that it should be restricted to purely this season) it's a very good fall/winter fragrance. Maybe on a date or something. I like it a lot, but it's too sweet for my taste. Picking up lots of vanilla, probably from the amber. I might pick up a bottle to have around if there's a time I feel like wearing it, but otherwise, not my style. Also, to everyone's complaints on the longevity and projection issues, on my skin it stays strong and projects well for 5+ hours.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

A pleasant scent that I used to appreciate more and more. The first time I try it, i found that it smell a little bit like muskol, but the more i used it, the more i love it. Receive a lot of compliments while wearing it, so the projection is good. I don t have any longevity issu with it, doesn t hold all day, but it is acceptable, about the average. A little bit expensive if you don t take it on the internet, but i got mine at the duty free and it was very cheap. I think that it is a safe blind buy or a safe gift, very versatile. As some says here, if D&G make an EDP with this, it could be one of the best men fragrance ever made. Anyway, good job Dolce&Gabbana! I love it very much :)
Here is the final score:

Smell: 8,5/10. Smell good, unique.
Longevity: 3,5/5. Last for about 4 to 5 hours on me.
Projection: 3,5/5. People (girls) notice it, but seem to fade quickly. Mayble to weak for an occasion that you want a projection beast.
Versatility: 4,5/5. For me, it can be wore all years around, every season and every occasion, not to strong for office or hot summer day, (didn t try it on cold weather yet) and can be wear at night.
Overall score: 20/25. A must have to every one.

Lozzle
Lozzle

D&G The One. This is a nice fragrance. Warm and sensual, not too overpowering, long lasting and masculine. One of my personal favourites and always a pleasure to wear. Put it at the front of the cupboard so it is easy to find!

I wasn't keen on this when I first came across it...but now I've had it on my skin properly I've fallen for it.
Just to echo the other reviews I definitely get the notes of orange blossom and gorgegous tobacco, warm and incredibly sexy. Just getting nicer and nicer as well gonna get this one. I think the ladies will love it, definitely one for the evening too.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: A mix of amber, and Orange blossom. Then strong cardamon. Its warm and spicy. A light masculine touch.

Dry down: More amber, and heavy tobacco. The tobacco is sweet and creamy giving almost a tropical vibe. Smell of a coconut and coco lotion. Its smooth and relaxing with a hint of the orange blossom lingers on the top.

Projection: Low , but initial hour people will notice.

Longevity: Some say its not long but I get 6 to 8 hours. Its light but stays.

Overall: One of the most sensual and sexy fragrances ive smelt. Its beautifully done and well mixed. Comes off sexy but almost tropical. Hard to determine the exact reasoning why its so sexy, but whatever note or notes it is im in love.

Purchase: YES!

Yotonojo
Yotonojo

Just got a 5 oz of this magnificent beauty. I've gotten so many compliments with this one and I personally think that this is an all-year fragrance of worn correctly.

jotalopez
jotalopez

A very very good men's fragrance which unfortunately doesn't last on my skin. Vanilla and tobacco notes are pretty noticeable along with coconut-like and leather accords. The bad news is longevity, it lasts about 30 minutes-1 hour on my skin. This one is a must-have for every guy with a high sense of class and casual elegance.

jivanshi
jivanshi

C'mon, guys, give renzo77 a break. He is really pissed off with proctor & gamble, maybe they sacked him or something. Go for it, renzo, go get 'em!

dolcethadon

I received this as a gift from my grandmother when I first got into wearing fragrance.. I was obsessed with my Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme at the time.. When I first sprayed this I noticed that it was very different from Pour Homme, and I was not sure if I liked it.. The more and more that I wore it the more I started to appreciate The One.. I am sniffing it right now as I write this.. I can detect all of the notes very well.. The mix of citrus, spice, ambergris and tobacco creates a beautiful sexy, classy, tropical smelling scent.. It is not that powerful but I do not think it was meant to be.. This fragrance was meant to be soft but inviting, not overpowering or in your face.. It is very unique to me because it smells so tropical, but it is warm an spicy rather than fresh and aquatic.. It works for me best in fall but it can be versatile to a certain degree.. It is something that can be worn on a date or to a special event, because it is sexy but classy.. It is one of my favorite from the house of Dolce & Gabbana and I definitely think they need to release more fragrances that are in the same league as this.. I love it!

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

!!!BEAUTIFUL!!!
My god this stuff smells so fucking good. The amber and tobacco are beautiful in this scent. I really, really wish it lasted!!!

bozotheclown
bozotheclown

DOLCETHADON your so right ollolololololololololololololoololollool

dolcethadon

I was reading renzo77 reviews the other day and was cracking up! I was wondering what is wrong with him! Not only is every review negative but none of them make sense at all, not one sentence! Either he is crazy or dyslexic or maybe both!

Jose Marcos

renzo77 ... WHO ARE YOU, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE? Please everybody, have a look at his other reviews, it is just unbeleivable. What is your point? Honestly?

Thee Arabian Knight

I can't say enough how lucky I am to have this last on me for more than 10 hours. I also get fairly decent projection with this, and I have very dry skin! On top of the great performance on my skin, it smells beautiful. Soft, elegant, spicy, creamy, woody, sweet, and definitely masculine. If this doesn't last more than 5-6 hours on your skin, I do not recommend purchasing it because it could be a waste of money. But otherwise, this is a great scent that every man should have in his collection. I will be purchasing it soon.

gman1
gman1

This fragrance is real perfection!

I'd say it is definetly more of a winter fragrance. It's very warming from the moment its applied, soft, very woody and spicy but in a tasteful way. Its also got a slight creamy smell to it.

Simply put, this a very elagent, sexy fragrance.

I always get compliments from both sexes wearing this.

The only downside, as mentioned many times in the other reviews is that the longevity isn't too great which is such a shame! 3 - 4 hours for me I find.

They need to make an intense version of this.

Still, an amazing fragrance, one of my favourites.

lorensiuswlt

I ended up buying a full bottle of D&G The one after a month of searching and had to decide between La Nuit and this. And oh man.., this scent is really2 amazing, smells luxury, modern, mature, sensual and seductive. It is not strong but subtle, projects and sillage are moderate but long lasting. I'm lucky with its longevity, most people here complain for its bad longevity, but i get very good longevity, it can take 8+ hours on my skin. It projects good within 2-5 hours after sprayed and then turns to skin scent and lasts long..

Longevity: 8.5/10
Projects: 8.5/10

Thank u D&G for making this 'The One' an amazing fragance..

gd15329
gd15329

Meeeahh...

Test this 3 times now. From the very first time, I didn't like it. To me this smell makes me instantly imagine a man wearing a womans underwear (makes me laugh and want to leave)

Now, to test my theory that this is actually a womans fragrance (not even unisex) I did the following...

I have a (female) friend age 51. She likes fragrances but she doesn't have theoretical knowledge she is unable to "google it" see what is all about etc. To get an idea about her she likes/wears Empreinte Courreges for women + Cool Water Davidoff for women (and others of course)

Now, I decant some of the juice from DG the one to a small generic bottle, put a sticker(label) on it handwritten "D&G The one" (just that without specifying if it's for man/woman)
Went to her and said. "Here is a new sample for you to try if you like... enjoy".

Few weeks later a came back on her... "any impressions? did you like it?"

and she said: "oh yeah it was a nice every day (morning) fragrance, I use it mostly for going to the bazaar - nothing special or expensive though, like all my friends said."

SHE DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE it was "a man's" fragrance... neither she or her friends.

[Note: When I wear GPH2003 she almost want to have sex with me, DHI she love it as well she finds it manly not lipsticky, Joop Homme... the same, so you get the idea]

I have NOTHING more to add... there you have my verdict.

So much hype over nothing...

(I know some of you may hate me but, that is my opinion... heartbreaking or not.)

shaher
shaher

Sex in a bottle...

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Oh, I do not wonder at all Ladies might like this Beautyfull Amber scent. Sorry Guys, I think woman can also carry this One if being brave, but sparingly. Only one sprits to neck or decollete. Sweetness in this makes this very much wearable for woman too. Gentlemen give Your Gf a try. This scent can behave a bit different at her skin than Yours and is absolutely adorable for both of You. *Smiles*

Art2112
Art2112

...almost indescribable...Excellent cologne!

dres1877
dres1877

I Lahv dis. I mean, I really love this. uhm buy it you'll know why.

Some people really enjoy this in the heat. It's not my preference for the summer but rather for the cooler temps. Again this is what I prefer.

** The first time I put this on I noticed a woman rather close to me on the train. It didn't bother me because it helped she was quite attractive. So I guess that means this is a thumbs up.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

comentar sobre The One é fácil,por que The One é maravilhoso e agradavel...o defeito é a projeção:muito fraca(próximo demais da pele),aplicar em torno de 8 sprays para alguem ao seu lado,em um cumprimento,em uma proximidade de meio metro. aroma delicioso e romantico.fixaçao mediana.

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

When I first tried The One I thought to myself: God, this is the masculine version of Shiraz! (a lovely and currently off market chypre fruty fragrance by the Brazilian Natura).
Sweet and smooth notes of tobacco and amber come strongly with the top notes and leave marks in one's senses. Quite comfortable and close-to-skin this one is. It is a shame it does not last very long, or if it does on some skins, will not deliver a strong projection.
However, it IS a fragrance of refinement, elegance and seduction. Try it at least once.

gizmawy
gizmawy

Longevity : 8/10

Sillage : 6/10

Nicely

This make me confortable.
When i wear this.. I feel me rich. I feel me good, it made me laugh. I feel me sexy , and complete. Every time i wear. wow, I love this shit. i can wear it everywhere. But mostly i like it in the night. To me , all season fragrance, but most for, Spring and fall. Love it Love it Love it, this smell's like a very smooth tabacco mixed with some berry's and Orange blossom. Wow', in the beginning you smell sharp citrus mixed with some orange blossom and creamy background, to the mid of the fragrance you get more orange blossem and the citrus fly away just amazing, so sexy, to the end it smells very creamy and sweet. it last on me like 4/5 hours. enough but not great. Projection sucks.. sorry.. but it smells so amazing so deep and romantic.

Smell: 9/10.
Longevity: 7/10.
Projection: 6/10.

kellz1843

Ssyed1--no, I don't smell similarity with pi neo. The One has amber base and neo has vanilla, but that's it to me. The patchouli in neo makes it smell completely different, airy and somewhat earthy sweet. The one is close to skin and rich tobacco sweet, lightened/spiced by ginger, but again that's just me.

quisutdeus
quisutdeus

Beautiful fragrance for sure, elegant and modern but considering its longevity and projection, all my hopes to buy it vanish in thin air; exactly as the fragrance does on my skin. Buy it only if you have money to buy this every 1-2 months, since you will have to bath on it to keep the smell going for at least 8 hours. Disappointing!

Hamppon
Hamppon

Love this fragrance but poor sileage and longevity. Please make an intense version.

Idlehands

If they would make an intense version of this, wouldnt it be the perfect mass market cologne?!?! D&G...are you listening? One of the best smelling, with the weakest performance of any cologne I have worn.

seanscented
seanscented

This Fragrance is classic,but it has fully modern idea,sweet and woody a little bit warm.I love this scent even if it doesn't last long and project on me.

Dferdy
Dferdy

I have longevity issues with other fragrances that I love such as AHS, however I do consider these a small price to pay for the pleasure of D&G the one to last on my skin for over 8 hours. My climate has a lot to do with it I am sure, burning through my juice like crazy!

ssyed1
ssyed1

2 things:

1) Before you write "The One" off as short-lived (based solely on the negative reviews here), go to Sephora and get yourself a sample - My girlfriend and I found that, on me, this lasted for around 6 to 7 hours (1 to the neck, and 1 to each forearm). In case you're wondering... at the 6th hour, I still got wafts of the scent and I didn't have to bury my nose into my arm to smell it. You may not get the same longevity, but it smells so good that its worth a shot.

2) This doesn't project well off of my skin but I like it better that way. I wouldn't want all of my colognes to have nuclear projection because sometimes I want to keep things close-quartered. I find that the "personality" of this fragrance is complemented by a modest amount of projection.

Btw, does anyone else smell the resemblance between this and the givenchy pi neo (blue)?

paul garrad
paul garrad

I tried this in a shop, and loved the scent, so I purchased a bottle. It smelled divine but, after I walked outside for just 20 min, and got to my destination, it had completely disappeared. The longevity is awful, why when you make something so sweet and addictive, also quite masculine, why haven't D&G Made it last longer? They should be advertising this scent, for others to appreciate, but it fell short, scent 8/10 longevity 1/10

lorensiuswlt

For me, this is the best scent so far, very sexy and luxury. I don't own it, but every time i go to perfume shop, i always ask the sales man to spray on paper so i can bring it home. This is a must have parfume, don't care about the longevity and projections, i'll buy it next month...:))

LuizGouveia
LuizGouveia

D&G´staff.... please read it. Fragrances enthusiasts are waiting the Intense Version. It´s not impossible and you dont need to change the scent.

popollll
popollll

I love this scent. The longevity isn't great, but I don't like it pungent either anyway. I don't really like the smell right out of the bottle. I find that it smells better on me after it "sets"

I spray it before I get dressed and I do my make up and hair (I'm a girl), so by the time I am out the door, the scent has chance to blend with my natural odor.

SDavis93
SDavis93

One of the best scents i have smelt, its rich and luxurious the notes work so well together, it gives a tropical vibe but not sunny coconut tropical a more relaxed, calming boozy tropical. its also very versatile all year round fragrance, perfect signature scent, but i would say a cool spring/summer evening is wear this fragrance is more suited.

Its light, boozy, creamy, fruity, sweet and rich but staying masculine with the underlying wood and tobacco notes. This one of the nicest smelling fragrances, everyone needs to try this.

BUT!! when it comes to strength, sillage and longevity it falls short. its a fragrance that in order to be smelt by others they would need to be intimately close. no one who appreciates good fragrances will dislike this. Maybe D&G were going for the light, subtleness with this fragrance or knowingly made it weak knowing people may need to purchase more, i don't know but its a real shame!

Definelty worth buying it just for personal use or people extremely close to you. would be a straight 10/10 if it lasted even slightly longer. Overall 9.5/10 (if your lucky enough to get a good lasting smell from this then i envy you)

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

Incredible

-ly sexy.

I get 8+ hours longevity which REALLY surprises me since I don't get the best longevity all that often. Soft, close to the skin but that's just the way you want a scent like this. Just for you and your lover to smell. Perfect date scent and just to own to smell it yourself. It is honestly one of the best smelling scents I have ever smelt.

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

One word for this fragrance... Sexy. This is a great date/between the sheets fragrance. I know the longevity leaves a little to be desired, but if you wear this to the right occassions, then is just fine. Romantic dinners, date night with your lady, between the sheets, etc. Don't try to wear this as a work fragrance, it smells great but you wont get a full days work out of this fragrance. Bottom line is that it smells sexy and women love it, you just have to wear on the right occasions.

zbansingh

My favourite scent out of all the ones I own. And I own ALOT.

This is so good!

Cire
Cire

Boy!, I love The One! On me, I get very good Longetivity, Projection, Sillage and the whiff is just mouth watering. The One is like music to my ears, fuel to my fire and oomph to my dedication. I get good dark woods, tobacco and faint musk with the powder factor, these notes almost make me want to dance. As for my opinion, I'd say, super!

Diogo maggini
Diogo maggini

I really want to love this one, but the longevity and projection, unfortunately, are real barriers...

jts2121
jts2121

I bought a 30 ml bottle manufactured in 2013 and I've tested it twice. I've had average proyection for about 5 or 6 hours. So maybe it depends on the year it was manufactured since there are many who have had longevity and proyection issues.

pinochio
pinochio

I received a big bottle of this D&G fuel injector cleaner and I've rarely worn it. I still have so much of the it that I want to sell it on Ebay. It should be called DMV. I recall that it lasted days on my skin or perhaps it burned itself into my brain like an acid etching. It sits on my vanity shelf like an amber glass brick daring me to spray it on. Its just too damn MACHO and I'm Spanish-Italian. A few years ago I couldn't go out anywhere without smelling wafts of it, so it quickly became repulsive. It conjures a sweet honey colored syrup mixed with testosterone and viagra. Although I'm certain there are many women with Jennifer Aniston's hairstyle that love it, I'm not going to wear this ever again.

Blackandred88

This is the one for men I have never smelled something better. I also wish it had better projection; but that's why D&G have the velvet fragrancd collection....that's where we talk strong.

I feel like they purposely make it lighter than it can because not many customers want a heavy fragrance that's going to fill a room....if that were the case the revenues would drop

Sambolini
Sambolini

If this had a nuclear-powered projection, it would've been one of the best male fragrances ever to be unleashed. This would be a compliment-getter (if it had sillage), this would be a masterpiece (if it had sillage) and so on. It's a damn shame, this fragrance is one hundred percent perfection scent-wise, but that aspect of it is completely defeated by the miserable projection. Could have been a potential classic, hopefully they release an eau de parfum. And if you're going to blind-buy something, make it this, it just smells too damn good (just the right mix of sweet, spicy and powdery) to be unappealing to any human being with a functioning nose.

Housebliss
Housebliss

Hey, D&G. If you make an EDP you have a new customer.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

este lo he probado 3 veces, la primera ves q lo oli fue en papel y dije wow q bien huele, la segunda en mi pìel y me sorprendi de ver lo diferente q olia a el papel, no me dijo nada y la tercera ves llege a la conclución q los gustos son muy personales, no me gusta o mas bien no me dice nada, prefiero muchisimo mas a su hermano gentleman, mas elegante y muy bien hecho.

josevancouver

This is a wonderful fragrance. I cannot believe that I sold this back in January after wearing it 2 or 3 times in the winter. I am glad I bought another bottle, because I cannot help sniffing my wrist every hour or so.

Yes - the longevity and projection is not great. Having said that, I would suggest the following to 'amp' up 'The One for Men':

- get the deodorant version and wear it with the fragrance
- create a body lotion, by buying a small tub of fragrance-free quality moisturizer and spray 5-10 sprays into the tub, stir with a metal spoon and screw in the cap and let the mixture cure for a day or overnight. Rub the fragranced lotion all over after a shower and then apply the fragrance. You'll project a lot more and have greater longevity.

Love this fragrance. I will be wearing this all spring and early summer before it gives way to lighter scents. This gets LOTS of compliments from the ladies!

leo8581
leo8581

I think this smells good NOTE I am a smoker so my smell can be off and I am not an expert. I get a more of a sweet scent on my skin I do smell the spiciness. Not very sickening sweet just a nice smell. And to me the dry down is rather smooth and creamy. I just bought the bottle but it seems to last not long on my skin but I also spray on my clothes. IDK if it was made before the reformulation but I bought a tester that comes up as being made in Feb. 2010. Although the longevity could be because as a smoker I tend to over apply to cover up the smoke on my clothes. I know over applying is a No..No on fragrances but I have not had any complaints that it is too much by either my ex or my mom. People always complains that my bro smells like a french who*e cuz he applies way too much but tend to compliment me. I think it lasted a good maybe 2-3hrs and rode close for about 5. I like this but I think I still prefer YSL La Nuit de L'Homme. I just fell in love with that scent but I think YSL maybe more for cold weather where the one is good for hotter months/days. I would recommend this scent.

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

If you ever have a dinner date and your toffee caramel tart for dessert got burnt, The One will come to the rescue! Just spray a decent amount on each other and lick away...

hornetz
hornetz

The One is a beautiful scent that is sweet a little spicy and woodsy. Unfortunately this thing doesn't even last for an hour on me, not even a skin scent just gone poof!! Maybe it doesn't work with my chemistry or maybe it is a marketing ploy to catch your attention, make a good impression but have no substance. May be "The One" has sinister connotations as 99% fillers The one % real ingredients. A very sexy and alluring scent, just wish it had staying power.

pjd1234
pjd1234

sweet,fresh with hint of tobacco. its like your dipping tobacco in a sweet drink or something like that. i like the amber on this one prominant its what makes the scent sweet especially on the dry down. the top notes is what shines for me middle so so dry down very good. all of this transformation happends quickly as the life of the scent does not last you have to spray 10 times just to get projection after 2 hours its basically a skin scent i have 2x5 ml samples of it and ive used it all. I cant see myself buying a full bottle because of the poor longevity and projection for me in my opinion a fragrance is useless if it does not project or even last i hope dolce makes an extreme version of this one or an edp i think it would be awesome.
longevity 6/10 4-5 hours 2-3 hours skin scent you have to find it.
sillage 4/10 poor just poor what a shame you have to drench yourself with it just to get somebody to notice you.
over all smell 9/10 great smell thumbs up
uniqueness 8/10
price vs quality 6/10 please if you plan of buying this go online please dont pay retail for this 75usd retail not worth IMHO.
versatility id say all year long.

Caist
Caist

9/10 times I show a customer this guy they love it. Really one of the best fragrances for guys who want to change it up but are too afraid to get out of the citrus/sporty range. Don't be shy, this one is SEXY once it's on a body and even off a blotter card. If you want compliments get out your wallet. a 5 out of 5 because of price, longevity, and bold bottle design for the modern man!

drummerboy1986

this awesome alone, but I have an outstanding combo, layer this with Christian audigier red.

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

I like this scent in cold winter months in the evening. I just wish it lasted longer and had better sillage. I think instead of buying this again I will buy YSL La Nuit de l`Homme. YSL is a bit sweeter but seems to project better. Similar, but different.

mohammad alhasan
mohammad alhasan

nothing is compared to the one...only problem is with longevity..my 2nd bottle is now finished, but will reload again..
;)

RyBayBayMPLS
RyBayBayMPLS

pure. greatness. in. a bottle.

this stuff, is..wow.

i have had it for almost 2 years now.. and it is probly my favorite smell out of the 15 bottles i own.

it is sweet.. but if i had to pick one word to describe the smell. DELICIOUS.

this shit gets you compliments and the ladies love it.

i would recommend it for anyone 18-20 and up.. great scent if your looking to do the DIRTY work ;)

but also just a great all around cologne.. fall/winter is most likely when you should wear this.. but MAYBE can pull it off on a cool summer/spring night.

overall i give this a 9/10... if it wasnt so close to the skin it would be a 10

Idlehands

Good smell. Doesn't project for long. Total waste and a its a shame because it smells wonderful.

silentrich
silentrich

Like the smell, but I don't like the longevity or projection. On smell alone I do like it, but you can get similar smelling fragrances that do a much better job. Michael Kors, John Varvatos are just a few that come to mind. 6 out of 10.

havardize
havardize

Perfume with a Tropical and cream scent. This fragrance remind me a cold green tea. Very good scent, is unique

Blackandred88

Hands down The One. It will never get old. It's Truely one of a kind and if it wears well with your body's composition NOTHING will smell like this.

sadc0118
sadc0118

I wouldn't recommend it if you're in your early or mid-twenties. Older women compliment the smell, but women my age (mid-20s) have never mentioned it and I wore this stuff on and off for a year. It's pungent and has a strong tobacco smell. It's not a young man's scent.

daddi-cool
daddi-cool

Versace Blue Jeans rebottled

Blackandred88

It's #1 in my collection. I have gone through more bottles of this than anything else Ive owned. It's honestly The One.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

I wont say much about how wonderful The One is as the rest of the reviewers here have already done a good job. But I'd like to help with the longevity issue.

Many longevity problems relate to having dry skin.

If this is the case you can improve longevity by buying a bottle of unscented Lubriderm moisturizer (cream). Spray (2 sprays should do) some of the The One cologne onto a dallop of cream, in essence creating a homemade version of The One body cream and apply to your neck, chest and arms. Let the cream penetrate your your skin (usually within 5 to 10 minutes). Then apply your usual cologne dosage directly to your skin--in my case, 2 to the neck and 1 to the chest...sometimes I also spray the mid-arms once.

You will see better results. Actually you can do this with virtually any cologne with the same issue, or not. Enjoy

Slain
Slain

Yes yes yes. This perfume = yes.

Spicy and woody, but not overly aggressive like an Aramis would be. Doesn't assault your nose, and can be worn day or night, casual or formal. Very light and almost fresh-y kind of scent.

Sadly it doesn't have much of a punch when it comes to lasting a long time. It slowly seeps away and fades into a light pheromone-y smell after a while. Good in some case, but I enjoy the scent too much to enjoy it doing that.

If I were to describe it in 2 words - 'versatile' & 'alluring'.

90hou
90hou

Masterpiece!!! Love it! Gonna buy one more.

Aminek

If you like hard spicy smelth so it's the best for you !

For me and my women it's so annoying perfume certainly it's hot !

Aminek

If you like hard spicy smelth so it's the best for you !

For me and my women it's so annoying perfume certainly it's hot !

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I love this fragrance it is a classic but suffers on longevity and projection however my tip to improve this is to apply some unscented moisturiser or even the one for men moisturiser. I do this after I shave and this lasts a good 8 hours instead of the standard 4-5 hours.

The scent is warm spicy and slightly fruity sweet, the orange and ginger blend so well in the heart with the spice and tobacco emerging towards the end leaving a nice warm spicy tobacco dry down.

recommended 25+, mainly for dates but very versatile. Visit my website mrproductreview.com for more reviews.

kellz1843

An excellent fragrance. I can't even really describe it. Warm from the very beginning with compote fruit like opening, ginger, tobacco and amber. Wears close to the skin but lasts 6-8 on me depending on amount of perspiration. I'll probably get the aftershave balm for layering.

Edit: yes the sprayer on this sucks. This is one of the few fragrances where I apply at least two sprays to each side of my neck and maybe 1-2 to my chest. (Which is rare, I guess I have oily skin because I have no problem with projection or longevity. I also apply lotion generously after each shower.) I guess I have been spoiled by chanel.

jivaswood
jivaswood

A friend once told me that he hadn't bought anything of Dolce & Gabbana for years (he was referring to clothes and accessories). Well, I can adapt his words to tell not only about the clothes but also perfumes. There was a time it was interesting to purchase and smell something of D&G, for example, for men By and By for women. The dry down is terrible and disappointing, terrible projection and the fragrance is nothing innovative / awesome. It can be included as one of the worst woody and spicy that I've smelled. Really not worth much worth checking out (after all, DOLCE & GABBANA and the price isn't so nice) and there are other more interesting options, even though much more expensive. Really, I hate this line The One. This's not an exception.

Scent:

1*/5*

Bottle:

1,5*/5*

Kevin_tuan_91
Kevin_tuan_91

Smell it on sephora store. I think it is for old man who is mature. It is sweet and boring to me. I'm 21 so it doesn't fit for me at all

findtheriver
findtheriver

I've discovered I really like this stuff.
I had narrowed my recent scent search down to between The One and YSL La Nuit.

Based on scent alone, I preferred The One.

You guys were scaring me off with the longevity/projection comments but since I usually have pretty good luck in that department and I actually prefer medium to low projection in my scents, I went for it and ordered a bottle. No regrets.

It's a masculine, sensual and well rounded evening (maybe even daytime) frag.

adgeadrian
adgeadrian

I like this one! It starts out rather strong as if you have just stepped out of a perfume shower but, after a while it simmers and blends with your scent. What i like is that it doesn't overkill. It lingers there on your skin and it goes well with humidity. For someone who likes strong perfume, this one is just right. I would personally prefer it to simmer just a little and have a better silage.

jeremy9213
jeremy9213

This is always my number one choice for date night with the girlfriend, it also happens to be her favourite out of my collection. I think the reason this isn't everyones favorite is for its longevity, which even under ideal circumstances is 5 hours (at least on me).

Simply the best scent for the subtle situations and always a pleaser. Since it is close to the skin it is perfect for romantic situations and alone time with your significant other. Do the right thing, and add this to your collection.

MixMasta
MixMasta

The One is a decent offering from the D&G house. I find it to be a much warmer fragrance than tropical (as I know some smell it to be). From this frag I get sweet tobacco, amber, and a thick/sweet orange. The orange note reminds me of the citrus found in Diesel's Only the Brave. Unfortunately for me, this is why I don't like this scent as much as other people. It's way too sweet to be worn during warmer months and it's projection is far too weak to be used during the colder months. Even if performance on this cologne were better, I'm not quite sure I would wear it during the colder months because I find that sweet citrus so off-putting.

Regardless, it's very unique and if it performs well on your skin then you're a lucky man because this fragrance is NOTORIOUS for making ladies weak at the knees.

Out of 50 I would rate this a 35.

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

Seré sincero, creí que este perfume me iba a sorprender.
Pero es delicioso, y no huele parecido a algun otro perfume.
El final huele a fastidioso talco de bebe, eso es lo malo.

montox
montox

Longevity : 3/10

Sillage : 1/10

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I don't know what it is about D&C colognes that they don't smell right on me. After doing much searching I found The One. This cologne is perfect for office wear. It is very soft and subtle. The tobbacco notes are very warm. It does not last to long on me though, 3-4 hours tops.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I had an interesting conversation with a pretty young woman at the counter in a Fragrance Outlet. "What men's fragrance do you sell the most of?" I asked. "Whatever I want them to buy," was the answer. "I can get any male to buy Dolce and Gabbana's The One," she said. (I told her, "Not me - I've smelled it.")

But I know what's going in the average young guy's mind: "If she likes this stuff maybe I'll find a girl like her wearing it. Or even her!" Thus yet again we see the power of a pretty face over the average male. Are the perfume houses aware of this phenomenon, I wonder? Payola.

----

So, remembering the pretty gal at the fragrance counter I'm trying out The One for a day. It's the scent of spices with a mild tobacco note. It's... okay. It's safe. It's a men's fragrance for men who aren't really interested in fragrances.

This one doesn't project much, so it would be hard, I think, to get enough of this on yourself to become an olfactory nuisance.

From the promotional copy: "The model of the fragrance advertising campaign will be the actor Matthew McConaughey ... the Dolce & Gabbana designers said that they wanted to have the sexiest man on the planet. And with regards to that, Gabbana adds that this is the first time that a model in one of D&G men's fragrance campaigns appears in clothes." Clothes! Gosh. That's mighty bold of them.

So, is this... The One? No. Not for me, anyway.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER

Haven't added how much I love this perfume since so long.
Just a reminder! :D

bcire3k

In a pathetic and desperate attempt to have this scent, but stronger, I sprayed Rocks by Original Penguin over La Nuit de L'homme. It is extremely close but lacks the tobacco, making it sweeter. Plus the apple note still comes through. Glad I did it because the combo is magical.

However, The One for me is "The One That Got Away," and I'm not the only one obviously...

cougarR

Açıkçası kalıcılık ve fark edilirliği standartların altında kalsa dahi vermiş olduğu 1,5-2 saatlik haz dolayısıyla bitmesine müteakip yenisi alınacak parfümdür...

Bpedersen77
Bpedersen77

Scent 10/10
Projection: 6/10

I wanted to love this fragrance, but it is just too mild and doesn't last long enough.

bowoistoskaboy
bowoistoskaboy

i felt in love for the first sniff at perfume bazar. beat all the perfumes that I tried that day. this is the magnetic of compliment for me. Heaven in the bottle, It's a elegance sweetnes tobacco. its lasting for 5-7 ours, just brought a decant to smell this liquid again..

89ers
89ers

This is my signature cologne, which I use regularly. It has a versatile scent, which I found useful as my first cologne when I entered college and got an internship. It doesn't carry far, which many have already brought up. I don't mind since I don't want to walk into a room and overpower people. However, I do wish it had more strength and lasted longer, 6 hours is the longest I've gone noticing it. I agree that they should make a more concentrated version, as I don't think you can have too much of this!

It has nice spicy, oriental tones, with the smell of tobacco in a way that is pleasing and not too mature. Definitely masculine, with a fruity twang in the beginning. I notice grapefruit the most myself. I've gotten plenty of comments from women with it, but never thought of it as being good for romantic use, then again it is called "The One".

I find it alluring, confident, and masculine. Perfect for me because I didn't want to use Acqua Di Gio and smell like every other guy I know, and the spiciness contrasts well against the flood of aquatic colognes that are popular now.

aceinyerface
aceinyerface

After 10 minutes, it smells like a weaker, cheaper copy of Serge Luten's Chergui. It came out 3 years after Chergui so it is probably intended to be a copy.

denhendricks
denhendricks

One of my favorite scents but the projection and longevity are very weak after 2.5 -3 hours. But it is a good snuggling with a partner cologne for up to 6+hours.

Wish they would solve the issue with the strength of the juice if they did it would be far above many other scents.

Scent=9.5
projection = 3
Longevity = 6

zbansingh

I previously wrote a review comparing this fragrance to la nuit de l'homme. After wearing this for a few days I must say this greatly surpasses la nuit!
This scent gets compliments all the time!
Women absolutely love it!
My new signature scent. :)

sagranha
sagranha

formal winter for a classic gentelman like my brother

gman13
gman13

I'm one of the lucky ones I guess...I get 6 to 8 hours and love every one of them!

bcire3k

Smells gorgeous. Very tropical, but is it worth it? Not unless they come out with an edp, I'd jump on it if they did.

cougarR

Koku inanılmaz.. ama o kalıcılık ve fark edilirlikteki eziklik nedir !!!

RickS1169
RickS1169

The scent is intoxicating. If only it lasted for more than a half hour. I can't justify buying this when the scent is lost so quickly. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with low projection or a lower longevity, but this is criminal.

zbansingh

Just bought this today and I must say the opening is very similar to la nuit de lhomme, but then that's as far as similarities go.
Very suitable for a date.
Excellent scent.

wutanga13x
wutanga13x

good scent, girls love it, bit on the femme side but thats why the women love it! doesnt last as long as D&G pour homme, sadly. but it actually lasts over 6 hours, i would have rated it long lasting and arms length sillage, but this is my experience....
up to 2-3 hrs sillage is arms length, but 3+hrs the sillage is extremely close. and i find it difficult to define the longevity because it definitely lasts 12hrs , i can still smell it on my skin, but other people can hardly smell it after 4-5 hrs unless they are laying against your chest. (i spray my chest)
anyway... great scent, reminds me of armani code, which is a killer cologne so this is really good stuff too. 9/10

Crusher_
Crusher_

I do love this scent! and I dont throw that term around lightly. It really is a masterpiece that could be used in any situation, party or play and would be adored by all.

IF...

If it had even half decent longevity or sillage. This completely ruins what would be a masterpiece that I would make my signature scent and would continuing buying forever.
Even when wet on the skin the scent is weak and fragile that disappaers to barely projecting an inch off the skin within an hour.

Dont waste your money on this. Im very concerned where D&G is going with its mens range after diluting down pour homme and then this flop.

scottdickson
scottdickson

I am 25-year old guy who lives in The Pacific. This goes well with the tropical weather. It smells warm and clean and reserved. This doesn't scream "I own a Rolex." This translates to "I am young and I have a Zenith Primero." This is a perfect scent for guys who are ready to give up their teenage body sprays.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

This is basically Mustang Cologne( $19 ) with maybe a hint of vanilla. Just purchase Mustang (EA fragrances) from walmart.com. However I think it is being discontinued.

I also get a nod to CHEMISTRY by Clinique in this one . There are a few simialr ingredients. Chemistry was amazing but not talked about much on forums like these. The new reformulation is NOTHING like it was.

I think Mustang has better staying power than The One. At least on me it did.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Tobacco & spice. And everything nice.. definetely a lady killer (wear D&G the one if you want to impress a LADY..and Im talking GROWN AND SEXY...not teeny boppers..they will not appreciate this scent-- ive had teenage girls tell me I smell like a old man smoking a cigar while LADIES (26-50 year old women) tell me i smell amazing at work everyday!.. longevity never a problem with me..first spray you get that strong spicy tobacco and fresh oranges..but once it settles in your skin..its warm,spicy and sexy, not too overpowering..perfect for cuddling sessions! I stopped wearing this because of its popularity..A lot of my friends use D&G the one as their GO-TO signature scents..and previously a co-worker acknowledge I was wearing it, and said it smell good on me and she used to buy it for her ex..*SIGHS*...ONCE someone recognizes and name the scent im wearing..i stop wearing it or wear it sparingly lol..i like to be different from everyone..when you smell me I want you to think of me..not be reminded of somebody else!!!

Amoroso
Amoroso

For me it is an amazing fragrance.... Some people call it a masterpiece, but don't forget that WE make this incredible fragrance a masterpiece, don't expect it to do all of our job hahahaha....

3gecos
3gecos

Another classy gentleman scent from D&G!Nothing shocking or intriguing just the right juice for the targeted client.Doesn't matter the longevity with this one because the client will always have the money to refill 'presto'.A compliment getter for a short period of time (2-3 hours) and moderate in projection,as i said...a gentleman.It does smell awesome but i don't think it worth the price.There are way better choices!Adio The one!

rprovenz
rprovenz

The longevity of a fart in the breeze..but smells amazing

hod
hod

in terms of smell, this even surpasses pure malt. it's without any doubt, the best ever smelling colonge i have ever smelled. oh, and girls absolutely adore this stuff.. actually i don't know of anyone not liking it!

eric.cius
eric.cius

Not going to add much more here, this is possibly the only fragrance D&G could have released to sort of make me forgive discontinuing BY. It smells amazing! I guess I am one of the lucky ones where this fragrance projects well and lasts long on. People often don't believe me when they ask what I'm wearing and I tell them D&G the one.

tbook15
tbook15

Amazing and unique opening, terrible sillage and longevity. I was really disappointed with the performance of this. My deodorant projects more than this. Which it such a shame cause it smells amazing. I couldn't wear this out because cause nobody could smell it on me, so i ended up just keeping it at my girlfriends house and using it when im around her so that she can enjoy it up close and before the scent dies. But i guess that is why they call it The One, because your wife or girlfriend is the only one who can enjoy it. D&G really needs to make an intense version of this, it would no doubt be a top seller.

florblanca
florblanca

My husband was given a bottle of this for Christmas and we both like it. I find it quite sensual without being overpowering. To me it seems like the kind of scent one would wear in a ski lodge sitting by a fire, earthy and warm. I still prefer Chanel Bleu on him though.

Voile
Voile

I had enough mince pie already!

Jridgen
Jridgen

Of the couple hundred fragrances I have sampled and worn this has far and away the worst longevity of any of them. Really baffled as to people getting 3-6 hours. I often got less than 1, and sometimes only half an hour before it stuck to the skin for another 25 minutes. This is why I sold it.

Scent wise it is a great fragrance, and would be one of my favorites of all time, if only it were still there by the time I finished buttoning my shirt.

benthin

I admit the smell is good. But really guys I'm telling you the longevity isn't good and what's worse is the projection- it's terrible. It doesn't project at all.I just bought it today coz I like the smell and considering the amount of money I had to pay, it's not really worthy. I would recommend Joop Homme Wild.its got great longevity and projection.
Thanks

Thanks

Derek Boy
Derek Boy

Excellent sexy smell, but doesn't last long at all. Spray it on as you are about to meet people/or a date.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

hi friends..
i wanna ask u a qust. D&G The one or Gentleman?whichone is better(just opinion)

Space Invader
Space Invader

Price: 8/10
Projection: 5/10
Versatility: 7/10
Compliments: 9/10
Buy/Try/Pass? Buy
Rating (0-10): 8

Note: If there was an EdP version, this would be on top 10 best fragrances.
Amazing scent, it's a shame its barely noticeable after an hour

rainman36
rainman36

Really wish this would last longer,but I guess it is what it is.It's a good date fragrance,or if your gonna be real close to someone,other than that,this is in my top 20.

AurimasNeNu
AurimasNeNu

I have this fragrance,it's amazing, longevity its good for me about 6-8 hours!

DJ2K7
DJ2K7

after seeing reviews in fragrantica i hav bought this online... it had made me learn a very very good lesson that u shiould buy perfume only by feeling it and not by checkin out reviews in fragrantica.com

I agree its a good perfume but the longevity sucks... many of my friends asked "why did u buy this one ? D o u feel like its worth that many bucks?" yeah i feel the same ... so guys if u are lookin for simple d4escent one go for this or else i reccomend ck perfumes or dior intense

SwagScent
SwagScent

This is a nice fragrance. People complain about it's projection and longevity, but it was good on me. It's a sweet fruity tobacco fragrance. It can be hard to wear every day because of its sweetness.

rodolfo
rodolfo

Smell - 10/10
Projection - 2/10
Longevity - 1/10

I hope you guys at Dolce & Gabbana read all these comments here and make an intense version of this! This is an appeal! It would be a best seller for sure!

oliver1h
oliver1h

I love this scent, but the longevity and sillage on my skin is rather poor.

EDP

Canda12406
Canda12406

This fragrence is a great twist from your ordinary scent. You get hit with a great tropical scent at first, then dries down to to a smooth vanilla with a hint of that tropic note. I personally use this fragrence for more intimate times. Taking my girl out or any close quarter event works to perfection. It isn't too loud and doesn't offend. I can see some people not enjoying this, but 98 percent would consider this a tropic twist that shows elegance and even a sensual close quarter scent. A must have in my lineup.

Higgibs
Higgibs

smells fantastic... too bad after 20m you can't smell it! for the $ charged it's a rip-off. caveat emptor

balou
balou

So spicy it burns the nose!

n1Musashi
n1Musashi

I'm a lucky one! In me this baby gets at least 8 hours of longevity, plus an above average projection. Maybe the size of the bottle influences the strength of the scent. I always bought The One in 1.0 OZ... maybe the 3.4 OZ have the longevity and projection issues.

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

Unfortunately, I have to agree with what people are saying about it's longevity and sillage. The smell I'd give a 10--I LOVE the smell but it just doesn't last or project the way I'd like it to.

If they ever made an EDP of this that bumped up the projection and lasted 6-8 hours I would consider it good enough to become my new signature daily scent.

As for versatility, it's good for almost everything--work, going out with that special someone, clubbing, etc. But the longevity and sillage...Man, what a tragedy.

siva23
siva23

I brought it yesterday and not happy with its projection and longevity. The fragrance is great,well everyone knows enoguh about it But this fragrance didnt like on me :-(

I am ready for swap or sell.....if anyone interested just PM me

aeo005
aeo005

I find this fragrance VERY sexy and masculine on a man. It's not for high schoolers. I'd say any guy 20+ can pull this off. It's incredibly warm and mysterious with leather and tobacco tones. Simply delicious. The only reason I'm not buying it for my hubby is because I'm not so sure it's good for everyday wear. It's definitely a night time fragrance. If you're looking for a catch-all frag, pass on this sex-in-a-bottle.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

My favorite D&G scent.

Opening: Brilliant, spicy and woodsy from the word go. The ginger really blends well with the heavier basenotes to create a sweet and deep scent.

Sillage: Decent enough, this is definitely more of a subtle scent. Even though it is, dont overapply it, let it be subtle.

Longevity: This is where it gets low marks for me. Although it develops great into its deep bases, its just doesn't last. Sad, it has such potential.

Best for: An evening in with someone special. Great in the Late Summer/Fall/Winter. Evening or nightime.

Overall: The greatness of this smell is its mellow base components, the tobacco isn't sharp and the woodsy smell is divine. I wish for an EDP. Needs to last longer. Again I must say don't overapply, let it be subtle, then apply again in a few hours if need be. Given its shortfalls, its still worth a buy.

stievenko
stievenko

This was my signature scent for a long time. More than a year I wore this all the time untill I got really tired of it.

I bought some other fragrances and now I open up my wardrobe I catch myself smelling D&G The One every time and I actually LOVE it again. Now I only wear it occasionally and that's where you want to put this fragrance...
A great occasional scent to me for moments alone with the gf at home or eating out. Definitely not suitable for a whole day wear since this stuff has amazing longevity and projection issues.
It is a real shame that such a great scent doesn't last.

I get a lot of tobacco and amber in this "one" and that's quite unique since most designer fragrances nowadays tend to stick with fresh herbal sports-EDT's or woody/musky-based EDT's.

This is in a league of its own and to be honest this would still be my signature scent if it was not for the longevity/projecting issues.

D&G do me a favour and make the exact same "The One" as an EDP! Thank you very much.

Overal: 6/10

pepsi
pepsi

Opens with a fresh scent of mild, blended grapefruit and some other ambiguous fruity components that I can't discern. Tropical is an ok analogy. The development of this scent is great. The fruitiness and grapefruit become less prominent but still stay there. You don't open with something and get something completely different, but the scent is still not linear. Because of the fruity accord and lack of pepperyness even in spite of the cardemom, I think this is not classically masculine but still is able to remain in that zone because of the woody base.

The longevity/projection factor is the big question with this one. In my point of view the longevity is ok, but this one becomes a skin scent quite fast. One factor concerning the projection may be that the sprayer is very spartan. You get maybe less than half of the juice than from other fragrances.

Scentwise I think this is quite safe, but the performance is indeed a factor that should encourage you to try before you buy.

surya vai
surya vai

this one has a very classy smell. i wear this almost on every occasion, casual or formal.

i have no problem with the longevity, on my skin it lasted around 7-10 hours, projects very good on 1st-2nd hours, after that it will become close to skin. some may not smell the scent but actually it's still there.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

I just bought this stuff after trying it on at macy's while looking up the fragrantican reviews at the same time. I was sketched out about the longevity and sillage as I mostly only go for buys with big numbers in both now, however, I couldnt not buy this. The smell was justwhat I was looking for...Something very different, but yet so manly. So i bought it.

In all honesty, the reviews were right on. It doesnt last long and projection isnt that great. That doesnt scare me way as this will forsure be a special night out scent.

I think this is the PERFECT date night scent. Because of its lack of longevity and sillage, your date will most likely be close to you so she will smell The One;)

smellhunt
smellhunt

We were out for a walk with my husband, not for shopping, but we reached Macy's and we thought why not, let's go in. As usually I wanted to have a look at cosmetics and try new perfumes and as usually my love started complaining and asking me to hurry up.
I told him OK I will and I continued looking around and there it was, a lovely bottle with a wooden top that I picked up to try and... have you ever heard about love from the first sniff?
I called my dear one to come and try this and he wouldn't, so I threatened him and he came and tried it for my sake only!
Now he is very glad he did, because he finally found a perfume that not only smells incredibly on him, but it lasts and lasts until the next shower and lingers on his clothes for days...
"The One" by Dolce&Cabana is a truly masculine scent, sensual and inviting, not too sweet, nor too spicy and thank God not loud either, you have to be close to smell it, or even better in his arms...

*this replaced the "L'Homme Libre" by Yves Saint Laurent

*A TIP: the one in my life, always uses deodorant from the same line with his fragrance and I have to confess, that in certain moments, this practice let's just say that, eh...enhances the fragrance's "impact"

mersilover84
mersilover84

LOVE LOVE LOVE this fragrance. Initially you get that very subtle grapefruit rind note in the opening mixed with spice. the grapefruit, it's not overpowering at all. In fact, I'd say you really have to look for it or know it's there to notice it. I also get a lot of wood and that nice light tobacco note all the way through. Ladies absolutely love this smell. Reminds me of a nice cool night out. Maybe a classy bar with a lot of wood. I don't know. Longevity and projection are serious issues but that makes this scent wearable at work or school. I don't want every cologne I own to have beast mode projection and longevity. As long as you accept this scent for what it is, i consider it a MUST add to one's collection. This AND The One Gentleman, I would compare to a stock benz or a BMW with dark tints as opposed to other louder scents that might be considered lamborghinis or ferraris. is the ferrari better than the benz sure, but if you want to attract less attention you go with the benz.

steve0580
steve0580

Wonderful fragrance. Smooth, subtle and not overpowering. Most rate this scent as being moderate in both longevity and sillage, however, I found it to be much longer lasting.

After spraying it on in the evening, I could still smell it on myself at noon the next day.

Chattermonkey

My girlfriend loves this so much she got one for me and herself. Maybe incase I run out..

CoolHandLuke87
CoolHandLuke87

Ok... The scent itself is amazing. The base notes are always there. The middle and top notes mix but if you sit and study the smell you can pick them out. I find this to be very wearable, altho it could seem like a older scent. It almost reminds me of something my dad wore, but the new school version (some probably wouldn't like that, but my pops was my hero).
Like i said, the base shines... My nose can pick out the tobacco, the wood, the amber. The top and middle notes make the spice and the herbal like feel. With the floral note in there to give it the right sweetness. The scent alone makes it a masterpiece imo, but this is where D&G let a lot of people and me down..
It does a vanishing act that would make Kayser S'o'ze say "what the... Where did it go?"
It's a scent that smells awesome from the time you spray it on, its gonna develop, its gonna dry drown into something even unbelievable...
"And like that, POOF! He's gone..."

haronushka
haronushka

classy sweet 5/5

sanitsa
sanitsa

Like Azzaro Visit for men, only sweeter and not so heavy (sharp)

jamiebmichelle
jamiebmichelle

I'm a woman and I badly want to add this to my collection. Reminds me of Burberry original.

Kharnak

Sweet Cigar Tobacco, with a Fresh citrus floral vibe similar to Cuba Red, and Liz Claiborne Curve original. This is great for the younger college crowd, clubbing types, and all ages i guess. It's a rich brew.

totoksoedarto
totoksoedarto

I like the sense or power of this one. Great to wear for evening and night sessions. The smell make me addict to smell at any time.

Smell: 9/10
Sillage: 6/10
Longevity: 3-6 hours
overall score : 4 of 5 point

stjoseph777
stjoseph777

Its amazing not everyone have the same taste in cologne. I love this fragrance especially for the winter. What works for me might not work for you. If I was to go by the comments made by people on this wed site I'll be lost. I love this fragrance and by the look of it look how many comments this one generated. Best advice go to your local store sample some on your skin go shopping let it dry down and then see if you like it or not keep in mind not everyone have the same chemistry.

NatNatLea
NatNatLea

Well Im a woman who loves to wear this cologne. I wanted a scent to wear on hot summer nights out to make me feel sexier. This scent is warm and sweet with a dark base of rich leather and tobacco. I adore this cologne. My body chemistry keeps the scent true, without change, even after a couple hours when it starts to fade.

sentyc
sentyc

Great smelling fragrance here! It is my GF's favorite cologne that I wear. I just wish it lasted/projected a bit better. I love it.

samatl74
samatl74

This is a nice smelling Ginger Fragrance. I get this A LOT on my birthday and Christmas when I tell people I like fragrances. I however do not wear this a lot but it is a good smell. This seems to be the fragrance that people like who are not really "into fragrances or what the people at the counter recommend as a "gift". I have a few bottles to sell if anybody wants to buy for cheap Lol.

619haifisch
619haifisch

Nice Scent. Smells good consistantly, shame the longevity is awful and there is no projection at all . It is a good one for a collectors point of view; but if you are looking for a projection beast , look elsewhere, as you would get something good for the price you are paying for this. Apart from that, nice mild tobacco aroma

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

Tell me how we should appeared with our partners in the time to cuddle. should we appeared animalic-macho like Rambo out of Jungle? or freshly aquatic like some boys who just went from Basketball field? we want to smell seductive, smells distinctively alluring with a little mystery shroud us. we want to smells dark and gentle, with a warm feelings that the women will love cause they feels that the men's scent reflect a men that would be able to please, not a men that simply wished to satisfy himself.

in return, Dolce & Gabbana released their "cuddling time" scent that reflects its all. it smells intimate passion between those dark tobacco and amber, an intimate passion that women simply doesnt want to let it go. the feelings The One induced is intimate night, something that just between you and her.

the longevity comes moderate with close to the skin sillage, much like your intimate nights with her. full of romance and passions in close distance, nothing too loud and offending, solely to reach the most intimate pleasures between your passion and hers. The One definitely not created to those who want to be attention seeker or guys who likes rough and full of scream and yelling bedtime. its for those who appreciate every single seconds the moments their skin touch the skin of hers, feels the soft alluring scent along with the warm breath of hers in the neck and the increasing body heat that comes with the carnal passion that night

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE IT HAS A PERFECT BALANCE OF TOBACCO AN GRAPEFRUIT NOTES AN THE REST OF THE MIX THAT MAKES THIS FRAGRANCE PERFECT FOR FALL AN WINTER AN VERY SOPHISTICATED WOMEN LOVE IT AN AN I GET COMPLIMENTS LIKEE CRAZY,,,IF IT DOSENT LAST ON YOUR SKIN GET THE GIFTSET

simpleasb
simpleasb

Perfume foda!

La nuit de l'homme
La nuit de l'homme

This is one of the best men's fragrance from the D&G house will definitely get yu compliments projection an longevity depends on a persons skin but the fragrance is weak in those two areas none the less the women will get "whiplash"

alertedchimera
alertedchimera

It's hard for me to understand all of the negative reviews for this cologne. I will admit the projection is poor but the overall smell if fantastic, you can really tell the ingredients were blended well together and it smells both classy and expensive. The ladies seem to love it as well so I have made it my go to scent on date nights. Not something I woulld recommend to go out to a club as it sits very close to the body, but definately something you and your lady will really enjoy on a night out.

Nicely

Wow, why everybody says they get a bad projection and 4 hours of longevity, this fragrance give me a boost of grapefruit projection with a light tabacco and sweet background, like the smell, longevity: easly 6/8 hours.

Projection:7.
Longevity:7.5.
smell:8.
price:7.5.

melissa3888
melissa3888

Please, guys, I encourage you to try this! That I often wear the girlie version of it, only makes the name easier to remember. I think that the combination of spices do something to a girl's neurons and will make you more attractive--bumping you up a point automatically.
It draws me in. A coworker wears it and it's nice to be around a cologne that makes me want to get closer instead of trying to stay out of his aftershave sillage.

BoChosen
BoChosen

MUST READ:

Without a doubt, this fragrance is a classic. I must say though, anyone who complains about the LONGEVITY and PROJECTION of this fragrance, DEFINITELY has a more recent bottle...

I originally purchased two bottles from Macy's when it was released back in '08 - 1 bottle which I still own (about 2/3 full). The top notes from the original batch are VERY BOLD - extremely spicy, sparkling grapefruit, and a stronger ginger, but yet still very warm. So bold, your nostrils may have a slight stinging sensation once sprayed. The strength of the top notes are in your face for at least 1-2 hours before it transitions to the softer, smoother, and calmer notes. Having said that, the spice remains throughout. I get anywhere from 10-14 hours with it. No lie!!!

FAST FORWARD>>

After hearing numerous comparisons to 1 Million, I was so perplexed and adamant about how very different they are, that I decided to purchase another bottle of this stuff yesterday from Sephora. What the heck... this would give me a much needed backup bottle, plus I can test it side by side with the older juice. I sprayed the '08 version on my left wrist and the '12 juice on my other... WOW!!! What a difference indeed!!! Now I understand the comparisons...

The newer bottles have been drastically toned down. The opening is very flat and far less spicy. Comparing it to the '08 bottle, the scent completely skips the intense vivacious opening. Yes, the notes are there, but where's the personality??? The '12 juice starts out how my '08 juice is toward the end of the drydown. No wonder people are getting the 1 Million vibe and longevity of just 2-4 hours like I've been hearing. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good scent, but clearly not the same juice! I have the evidence to prove it. In fact, 4 hours in... the '08 juice is motoring and full of personality & projection. The '12 juice is barely there and just a dull & sweet skin scent - BLAH.

So, for those out there who may have said they "USED TO" like the fragrance and remember it very differently, you're NOT going crazy. It is indeed very different and boring when compared. If you don't remember what it smelled like when it first was introduced to the market, well then, you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy this as you have been. Unfortunately, I am not pleased with this finding. Will I treasure my older bottle more?... ABSOLUTELY. Will I wear the '12 bottle when I run out?... We'll have to see about that one.

I hope this helps someone. Thanks for reading and keep sniffing fragrance community!

Little_L
Little_L

Smells feminine, sweet and generic. Great bottle, though.

Bierko
Bierko

this bond is different, wonderful output, good fixation and projection.

Migalex
Migalex

To me this smells of nutmeg, probably the mixture of coriander and cardamom. The scent of nutmeg reminds me of mashed potatoes, which, in the part of the world where I live, are often seasoned with it. In some fragrances I might actually like it, but in general, as it is the case here, I find it more appropriate for the potatoes than for my skin.

vicente.zacatenco
vicente.zacatenco

Es una fragancia excelente, al principio tenía mis dudas para adquirirla, pero tiene un gran aroma un poco dulce, se percibe muy bien el aroma suave a tabaco. A mi me duró mucho tiempo el aroma, hasta el siguiente día donde pude percibir un poco el gengibre y en lo personal noté un aroma especiado a pimienta, similar al que deja 7 de loewe. Desde ahora es una de mis fragancias favoritas! Huele excelente!!

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

it smells like YSL L'Homme. but more woody and ambery version of it. the dry down is very sensual. very nice fragrance for daily wear, but still a little big fresh for the night

Bethesda
Bethesda

I suggested my boyfriend try this as I have The One for Women. It's nothing like that (thankfully!) but I think it's the best fragrance for men I've ever smelt. I'd describe it as fresh spicy with amber, cedar and citrus notes. I couldn't smell the tobacco otherwise I wouldn't recommend it! High quality, sophisticated and lasts a long time.

willfcw
willfcw

I would classify this as a kind of spicy & woody fragrance. It opens up with a very strong & heavy coriander & grapefruit, which I actually don't like it very much. After a while, I could easily identify the ginger & cardamom, this unfortunately reminds me a smell of a 60+ years old Chinese woman, who used to put on some Chinese traditional medical oil on the body when she gets sick, oops....Probably, it is related to the mixed effect of ginger & cardamom. To me, I cannot get used to it...it's weird to me!

If you like ginger & cardamom, you surely could wear it without the problems I have. Um...I would suggest to wear this one at night time during cold days. Projection nearly nothing & Longevity is quite weak as well around 2-3 hours in general, which you should expect to respray it. IMO, this one is more suitable for mature men, aged 35+, coz I don't think this smell is youth & fresh below 35.

jenhan
jenhan

nice, but dunno why it doesnt last long on my skin

Ultra.Black7

ماندگاری و پخش بوش واسه من خوب بود
برای مجالس شبانه فوق العاده هست

akur79
akur79

My wife love this perfume. Very good for evening and night time.
Scent : 8/10
Longevity : 9/10

Cocinelle
Cocinelle

Oh, I like this perfume.

This is the fragrance my boyfriend wear and I really wish he would use it on an everyday bases.
The citrus luckily is blended to perfection almost as if it was there just to give a fresh breath to the tobacco.
Lovely Tobacco share is notes with cedar and gives a gently burned handsome feeling, stable and masculine. Spicy ginger compliment the smoky atmosphere bringing unexpected sweetness. But as the tobacco essence settle, orange blossom, the most gentle of the white flowers, appears like a feminine alter ego, light and faded, but persistent.
This is one of those perfumes for which I would suggest not exaggerate with the amounts sprayed.
I would personally wear this perfume, not necessarily because I feel it could be unisex, but because it would be a perfect highlight for certain women.

mse-21
mse-21

This is a nice presentation of tobacco-woody notes. It reminds of Vera Wang for men; but this one is thicker, sweeter and stronger.

Its pleasant but overly sweet for my taste. When it was launched I already had Vera Wang for men which is subtler and somewhat more citrusy than this; so I didn't consider adding it o my wardrobe.

Longevity and projection are good and overall it gets 6 out of 10 IMO.

vxgas
vxgas

it comes with at least 3 levels. the 1st 2 are kinda complex but after an hour it becomes stable with a sandalwood drydown. an interesting and modern frag, but not as elegant as YSL La Nuit or Dior Homme.

kamaldarwish
kamaldarwish

Excellent smell. I liked it.

Saster01
Saster01

4 years of working with fragrance and this fragrance for me is still the best on the market. This is a must have for any man.

osman777
osman777

well awesome perfume..it lasts more then 7 hourrs if we put enough..

emilianods75
emilianods75

I love my husband in this scent. So masculine OMG!!!

garett
garett

Everything is good about it , the advert and the mood this scent creates , but the major thing lacking is longevity.Even in winters , it lasts within 3.5 hours at the max.Dior perfumes are better for me now.

enchanting, seductive, alluring...
this is the smell of sexiness and pleasure
no one can deny it!

patrick pereira
patrick pereira

Muito bom este perfume , quente e envolvente , é perfeito para tardes de inverno! Adoro-o

phoiai
phoiai

Everybody wears it.
And the shopping is filled with this smell.
Its good but too common for me.
Anybody could say ohhh i have smelled tis fragrance somewhere. But dnt rember xactly.

Well then tat could be in
Shopping Malls
Tube
Club
Bars :-)

After 5 to 6 hours i also get some kind of Onion smell

Stoycho
Stoycho

One of my favourite colognes.

BringMe2Life927
BringMe2Life927

This scent is one of the sexiest scents that I own...I get mostly a sweet, tobacco smell when spraying this. Its unlike anything ive ever smelled before. Last around 4-6 hours on my skin. Typically used on nights out or going to parties. I own over 50 colognes, and this remains in my top 3.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

I agree with Endymion!! I love LB's Venezia, and this cologne reminds me of it. That was my signature scent for years. Now I hate to pay the full price to get it again. I fell in love with The One for men and bought it for my hubby. He is meh about it. I'm going to start wearing it as I discussed on another board last night. ha. It also seems to have good lasting power on me. I tried a squirt last night, and it was still with me this morning 8 hours later.

babak125
babak125

متاسفانه برخی از دوستان در توصیف رایحه ها و نام مواد متشکله اطلاعات نادرستی به دیگران میدن.
بر خلاف اونچه دوستمون
Kain
در مورد بوی عنبر در این عطر گفتند؛ این عطر بطور کل فاقد عنبره.اون چیزی که کاربران ایرانی رو در مورد عنبر در عطرها بر اساس استناد به منابع لاتین گمراه میکنه کلمه
Amber
است که در واقع همون کهرباست که یه نوع صمغه
عنبر (که جنبه حیوانی داره و از یه نوع ماهی وال بدست میاد) رو در لاتین
Ambergris
اطلاق می کنند که در این عطر وجود نداره.

paulhunter

This is a great subtle, spicy, sweet scent. It lasts forever but projects slightly so I only wear it when I know I'll be close to people. I notice new things about the smell every time I wear it and I love the classic and simple bottle.

bonarelli
bonarelli

i love this stuff, but you have to spray your self down twice a day at least ...it kinda sad that something so amazing has to be so weak...its like a beautiful women who has bad breath..u can only put up with it for so long until u have to get rid of her.

Zenith
Zenith

I was 100% sure I would love this. Tobacco cedar and amber base notes? That could be my dream team, and with so many positive reviews I thought for sure this would be quality.

Unfortunately, and as one or two others have noticed, on me it smell like maple syrup and I have no idea where that would come from. While I don't object to the smell of maple syrup, it isn't exactly what I would have in mind for a classy night out fragrance.

yella_light
yella_light

Great scent. I fell in love with this scent as soon as I smelled it.
I love sensual scents, and this beats most, if not, all of them.
The tobacco scent isn't strong here, even though I'm a light smoker.
I would wear this for all seasons. It'll be best to wear it on a date or special night out.
If the longevity and projection was longer, I would give it 5 stars.
Summertime helps this stand out more. It's more of a Fall/Spring scent. If an intense or Eau de Parfum version comes out, then it would be a winter scent
(3-4 sprays max)

Age Group: 18+
Projection: 4 stars
Longevity: 3 stars
Versatility: 4 stars
Smell: 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 stars

atlsutiger
atlsutiger

Soft and sweet mixed with a warm, soothing spice that has a refined masculine feel. So smooooooth!

Love it!

Adwan
Adwan

it is the one indeed, I wore it in my life's most important interview and i succeeded, between the few perfumes i have i chose this because it shows and projects CLASS, Confidence and warmth. has nice Sillage.....

shibiscuit
shibiscuit

For those who say it's not a very long lasting cologne:

This cologne lasts long, it just doesn't PROJECT very well. D&G designed this one intended for the man in a relationship, in other words, you're only supposed to smell it if you're up close to the person wearing it. Hence, the name, "The One"

diego.cubillo
diego.cubillo

On my skin starts with a blast of grapefruit with some cedar. after that i start getting the ginger and the amber, and it dries down to a amber, tobacco based sweet scent. on the right opening i get a cleaner kind of vibe. I used to only like the drydown but now i dig the whole scent life. I know everyone complains about projection but i get 8 hours and up. I live in a tropical country so the climate is probably the reason. it's dark and sweet but I like it even in the heat. a must try, even more if you life in Central America, The Caribean

lovece7
lovece7

From a woman's point of view: When I smell this on a guy I instantly melt! There's something ultra masculine, confident, and rich about the fragrance. It gives off the illusion that the man is more successful, therefore more attractive than he really is.

I always tell my guy friends, if they wore cologne and invested in a good one, they wouldn't have to use pick up lines. Women would naturally want to get closer to you, and they'll be sure to break the ice themselves when they smell this fragrance on you and ask what you're wearing. It's a sure head turner and an attention keeper.

You could also call it sex in a bottle. It does in fact have that effect on women.

stanky
stanky

Nice fragrance with poor longevity! Lasts 2 hours on me to the extent that I thought it was a fake.

Dioguh
Dioguh

Its sexy, misterious, a bit dark and very very good =) will be my next!

ScottyVizz

A simple smell that will put a smile on your face. The bottle's design is simple, elegant, and pleasing to the eye. Orange ginger candy sweetness with synthetic amber and some some sharp cedar to keep it from getting to effeminate. However, like stated before, the longevity stinks.

jMacSA
jMacSA

One comment: longevity is useless.
In every other way this fragrance is a masterpiece. Pity it lasts only about 2 hours...

Kain

A great fragrance with very sensual and beautiful smell which unfortunately doesn't last and project very well! :(
If you love tobacco based fragrances and you're going to buy this because of the tobacco note, hold on a second! this is not a tobacco based fragrance!!
Yeah, the tobacco is in this fragrance but it's not as strong as you may think and also it's surrounded with strong sweet and spicy notes that don't allow to the tobacco note to shine!
The opening is strong, sweet and spicy. you can smell tobacco note which surrounded with strong and sweet amber, spicy ginger and only hint of grapefruit notes. very warm and beautiful scent.
In the dry down the sweetness become stronger and blind other notes and push them in the background.
It's a linear fragrance, so the smell will not change that much.
It's a safe and very pleasant fragrance but as I said before the longevity and projection of this fragrance isn't that great and that's the worst part of this fragrance. or maybe I can say the only bad thing about it!
It's sweet but it doesn't have enough power to name it as a winter fragrance. I think it's great for spring and fall and also summer nights.
يه عطر بسيار جذاب و خوشبو كه متاسفانه پخش بو و ماندگاري زياد خوبي نداره
در ابتدا رايحه تنباكو قابل حس كردنه، اما بوي شيرين عنبر و رايحه نسبتا تند و تلخ زنجبيل و كمي هم گريپ فروت بوي تنباكو رو تا حد خيلي زيادي كور ميكنن
پس يادتون باشه اگه به نيت اينكه اين يه عطر با بوي تنباكو هست سمتش ميرين سخت در اشتباهين
در ادامه بوي شيرين عنبر قويتر ميشه و بقيه رايحه ها در حاشيه هستن. اين عطر بوي خطي داره و زياد تغيير نميكنه
بوي اين عطر بسيار عالي و خوشبو هست اما متاسفانه همونطور كه گفتم پخش بوي ضعيف و ماندگاري متوسطي داره كه بزرگترين و شايد بهتر باشه بگم تنها نقطه ضعف اين عطر هست
بوش شيرين هست اما اينقدر قوي نيست كه بشه تو زمستون ازش استفاده كرد. به نظر من بيشتر به درد بهار و پاييز و شبهاي تابستون ميخوره

AntonyMcCracken
AntonyMcCracken

When I first smelled this fragrance, I found it very warm and smooth. More than any other I smelled before. And it made me think of a hotel bar and me sitting in an heavy leather couch next to an open fire, a glass cognac and a cigarette. I think it is perfect for cool evenings, it warms your soul and smells so good.
I really enjoy this fragrance, but I keep it for special occasions, I would not wear it every day. Really great!

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

This is my favorite fragrance that I own. It has an overall very smooth flavor. Reminds me of a smooth bourbon. Many people indicate the scent fades quickly during the day. I enjoy the way it changes. It starts off with a lot of tobacco and is thick and a bit sweet. That scent fades over the day and lightens up very nicely.

Brandonnn..
Glad you like it..

The more you wear this lovely fragrance..the more you fall deep in love with it!

That's the way it goes for me!
I can't have enough of it!

And yes, it has that stylish seductive European touch!

The tobacco/ginger/amber mix is really wonderful!
It's so catchy & distinguished..it has that "luxurious" aroma that entice you to taste it!!!
(Just try a touch around your lips..everytime you inhale you get the "taste of seduction & luxury"!)

Projection is really a personal matter..!
Everyone intereacts in a unique way with each fragrance..so no really common rule for projection.
For me..it excellently projects & stay on for sooo long!

As for the quality of the materials..I believe all materials used are really top quality.
As long as you can identify the "persona" of each ingredient..& even more..can smell the combined "persona" of the scent..it's a true indicator of how high quality the materials are.
(Can distinguish each & on the very same time..can get the scent unique persona!)

Even the bottle, the bottle cap & the packaging color are all in the same direction with the scent!
The bottle interacts nicely with the juice it contains..conveying that luxurious message even without smelling it!

The bottle cap with its color really reflects the scent..subtle tobacco-amberish!

The packaging color & font color..are all in the same way..luxurious & sophisticated stuff inside! ;)

Well..overall..it's a top notch stuff we have here.

I guess this is the best (male) fragrance D&G has ever produced!
Their masterpiece!
And they have the opportunity to build upon it..NOT by producing endless series of "The One..", but rather with more lovely, sophisticated, elegant & unique fragrances like this ONE.

Cause there will be only one THE ONE!

----
Won't add more about comments & compliments I get everytime I wear this beauty.
But you can imagine!

Satisfaction & confidence are enough!
;)

brandonnn
brandonnn

I tried this today because well i'll admit i saw the ad on the wall and figured why not try it and WOW did not expect this smell!! BUT that also being said it smells good! I grew up in Europe and the girls LOVE this kind of scent there so if you live in north america and want to be unique and think you can pull it off, you will be thanking me for taking this advice;)

misterjohn
misterjohn

A wonderful fragrance. This was an unexpected find after a long and circuitous search of fragrances in Nordstrom's for something "interesting." The One is definitely interesting with its evolution from fruit and spice to flowers and finally to the killed basenotes of tobacco, amber, and the wonderful cardamom sweetness.

Sadly, the spell does not last as long as one might wish nor does it project as much as one might wish, but as a personal scent, it is out of this world. The sheer pleasure of smelling this on myself forgives a myriad of sins.

In my opinion, it's the best sweet tobacco drydown on the market. Other fragrances have wonderful qualities to be sure, but in the drydown, D&G truly is the One.

oxm
oxm

The One for Men is a fragrance caressingly talc, where the spices take on a sweet note (so to speak to Allure Sport), I always thought the spices known as complementary and at times annoying, but The One stands majestically on a lifeblood of them drawing from infinite the fund is unique and is a blend of tones as dry and soft woods, or fragrant flowers that wither in the sun of July, while the resins are a real breakthrough as rays of sunlight filtered by a shutter ajar, this fragrance in my humble opinion is the number one line for men (could be the complete evolution of another fragrance, or D and G by.
Luxurious, bright, dreamy and enjoyable.

sharath.chandra
sharath.chandra

Well, i picked it up from the airport while i was on transit. I acutally was looking for Givency Pi but changed my mind later. I did not give much importance to the notes and asking the sales person over the counter never proved much use to me. After wearing it i realized i stumbled over something awesome. It has the right smell that i love wearing. Though not mentioned i feel it has some amount of Vetiver (KHus) and Sandalwood in it. A right perfume for fall and winter season (may be because i picked it during this time)

It does not have good longevity though.. max 2 - 3 hours

stayclose
stayclose

What the heck is this? Man this is uuuuuuuuuuh ... Well uuuuuuh... The One. So far out of the three D&G frags I smelt they seem to have that dg spell. Its a Italian scent for sure. Nice but not for me.

LaRubia66
LaRubia66

An ex wore this scent - Sex in a bottle - OMG, on him it was INCREDIBLE!

DistinguishedGent1
DistinguishedGent1

Very tropical off top. A very nice grapefruit note takes over that lingers until the mid. Then you get this mix of grapefruit and orange blossom in the mid. A little bit intoxicating and very clean and inviting. The base gives you a nice really light tobacco feel mixed in with some cedar. Nice scent to wear as a signature. Longevity is a problem as well as projection, but when this is projecting people will love it. A crowd pleaser.

Grottola
Grottola

The One for Men isn't unpleasant by any means, but it bores me. I basically get a sweet, musky woody-amber accord with a big cedar note. It's pleasant and enjoyable, long lasting, and popular for a reason, but not for me. Not satisfying or interesting enough, and a bit too Avon-ish in smell.

banks1124
banks1124

Love this stuff. I get ok longevity; if it were better I would wear it a lot more. To me this and YSL L'homme are similar. L'homme is much softer. I think of The One as whiskey and L'homme as champagne. Both have a very appropriate time. Worth a try.

Linden
Linden

Warm, bitter-sweet, with prominent floral nuances of orange blossom. As the ginger and citrus subsides, the scent loses a lot of its edge, the tobacco is a bit too soft I find, and becomes overly powdery. The amber accord is highly vanillic and combined with the orange blossom turns very unisex.
The drydown actually reminds me a lot of Ellen Tracy Parfum(F).

sam360uk
sam360uk

I have this fragrance and find the longevity quite good despite what other reviews have said. smell wise this fragrance is excellent! , easily one of the most sophisticated out there.This would be ideal for a night out or any kind of special occasion as it has got a wow factor about it and will get you noticed for sure.

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

This is a very good scent. It smells very good and lasts a long time. The only thing that it lacks in is projection, however that isn't bad.

I feel that the low projection goes with the personality of the fragrance. It is the type of scent that you would wear out for a meal at a top restaurant. It screams sophistication and class, which I like to see in a scent.

Overall I would recommend this to a lot of people, however if you are out 'on the pull' then I would go for something with a larger projection.

Results:

Sillage: 6/10

dmoman

Second review but this isn't a review but something I discovered. Ed hardy's Villan (New) smells just like this and about the same projection and longevity...not great news BUT its cheaper. Thought I put it out there.

del
del

A borderline LIKE-DISLIKE vote from me because I love its scent: it is modern, unique and masculine that has thick and rich middle notes. But the sillage and longevity are both terrible. It stays very close to skin after half an hour, and can't detect it after 2 to 2.5 hours of first application.

I've read reviews that The One performs better in warm places. Unfortunately, that's not the case in the East Coast, USA. It is a shame that I can only maximize its performance for 3 months.

kbro4897
kbro4897

Scent -9/10
Projection -4/10
Longevity -5/10
Value -6/10
Overall -24/40

I agree with everybody else, a great scent but no projection and mediocre longevity (6 hours tops on my skin). What I will add is, this would make a great close quarter "combat" fragrance. I will put this on before getting into bed with "the one" and the fireworks begin.

Chimp
Chimp

The One for men by Dolce & Gabbana has a strange sweet herbal caramel scent which is strikingly resemblant to the smell of Lipton's Caramel tea with a few drops of lemon.

Nichehead
Nichehead

In my opinion, this scent is made for special occasions or for "The One" in your life. Extremely safe fragrance and one that I could say it would be okay to blind buy. Projection not great but that is why I believe its great for a man that is already in a relationship. Lasting power is alright, it will certainly get you through a dinner and a movie.

newerdeal
newerdeal

This fragrance changed my life. Seriously. First time I smelled this fragrance it was on a card in some magazine. Flipped the page and was hit with this rich lush dark smell. My nose was wedged in the crack of that book for 15 minutes before I could turn the page. Prior to this I thought body spray and scented bath gels and assorted cheap smelly things you could find in drug stores. I rarely wore fragrances my friends bathed in the stuff and it often made my head hurt. The fragrance counters in the mall I shunned for fear of passing out from the smells! This though pulled me in and I'm hooked now for the last 3 years.

The citrus rush pulls you in at first but sadly leaves a little too soon but then the heart of the fragrance comes on smoothly and surely...that spice and tobacco filters into the nostrils and heaven after that.

Does not project at all doesn't last long so I feel ok wearing this any where. Times where I'm not trying to be shouty and scream look at me smell me compliment me! It's great guys for if you pull that special someone close that they can now smell it and you combined and it implants a very pleasant memory for them. When they smell it in the future they'll ONLY think of you not the 10 other guys they smelled that day wearing shouty fragrances.

THEBEAST
THEBEAST

I LOVE THIS FRAG, BUT AFTER A TIME ... I CAN SAY IM BORING OF THIS PERFUME. I DONT KNOW IF IS THE TIME I WEAR IT, I DONT THINK SO BEACUSE I DONT USE IT VERY OFTEN, AND I USED A LOT OF FRAGS, BUT ... RIGHT KNOW, I LIKE, DONT LOVE.

dmoman

for a fragrance that doesn't last very long it's a little sweet. Smell is great...kinda chocolate like at drydown. Another one of thoughs colognes that is perfect for a event you go to for just a few hours. Not offensive but has a ok projection. 8 out of 10 only because of the scent is good.

seensoon
seensoon

I love this perfume but I didn't buy.
Could smell all the notes, right from top to bottom within half an hour as it vanished into thin air afterward.

tomerits
tomerits

very good scent but very close to the skin,longevity not great but still a very good perfume.love it.
my rank 3.5/5.

zippy
zippy

This is my favorite ever. Top to bottom it's soo good. Downside is that it does not last long.

y4cc0
y4cc0

Am I the only one with opinion that The One is very similar than Boss Orange? At least it's very obvious for me.

Dad jax
Dad jax

IT DOSENT LAST AT ALLLLLLL !

trev206
trev206

This is not a strong cologne. But it lasts. The night I got it, I sprayed it right before bed to see if it would be there in the morning, and it was. It lasted close to the skin for like 8 hours. This is an intimate scent, not something loud and cloying. It's something for confident people who don't need their cologne to shout out. I enjoy it. It's not one that projects real well but in situations where you are close, it's perfect. Darn good fragrance.

sohailso
sohailso

Great smell, I love it. I usually wear this in office, it is not offencive and smell is very light, but unfortunately, on my skin it does not last long. Due to this reason i will not buy this again, though i really like the smell.

mo212
mo212

a very classic, unique, soft, warm, calm perfume, if u ever want to have a spacial night occasion this is "THE ONE". I guess thats why its called this name. respect D&G. the only problem is longevity not that much but still considered very good.

longevity 7/10
sillage 9.5/10
scent 10/10

jonr951
jonr951

Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport! Exciting! It's D&G so I'll have to have it. I don't have a sport cologne in my collection so it will definitely be my first! LOVE the simple bottle! It's coming early February! : )

MiguelHarris

I just ran out of my 1.7oz this is a must have for me!!! The impression it left was sooooooooooo good I'm going to buy a 3.3oz.

I love the fact that is a soft scent, so classic and elegant. If I had to pick a fragrance I had to live with forever it would be this one.

The One for men is a personal, warm, soft, classic, lovable, unforgettable, and timeless scent.

The big bonus is that since it's so soft it can be worn in all seasons of the year, and it leaves a trail so people can smell it on you.

andy
andy

definately a classic and it really has a nice scent

ty1324
ty1324

Due to my skin chemistry, I have never had a fragrance that lasts less than 8 hours and projects less than a foot. The One lasts a good 9 hours on my skin, with about a foot of projection, maybe a few inches more. I am not saying that this will last and project like this for everyone else. For most people, it will be weaker.

The scent, however, makes this my favorite scent for dates/anything romantic. It is extremely sensual, and my girlfriend jumps onto me every time I wear it. If this were a niche fragrance that costs 150 US dollars, I would still buy it.

This is a DATE scent. Not work. Not clubbing. DATE.

Projection: 8/10

DominicMC
DominicMC

Smelt this today. smells a lot like coconut/orange to me, sprayed it on my wrist once got at least 2/3 hours smell out of it, Projection & silage is weak same as people said in the reviews, but didn't buy it. but that's why i guess it's called "The One" because it's just for you.

6-7/10
Try > Buy. but it's good for the collection if you have a lot of $$$

I'm looking for a new "Suit/formal" scent to only wear on occasion, was thinking Dior Homme Intense, from the reviews I've heard its great haven't smelt it thought can someone give me some advice on it!!

danielmventer
danielmventer

I am usually not a fan of fragrances with tobacco or insence as it can be overly sweet that makes one feel nauseous. I.e. That Pinky Panther Joop! Homme Joop!

But this one is just right if I was going for a winter sweet oriental scent.

Marcel

Mick5781
Mick5781

Disappointed with that Fragrance ..doesnt last much , maybe two or three hours , it's really bad considering it's quite expensive ...thumbs down for this one

Molko
Molko

It's a good, soft, modern, little bit sweet, chic, pleasant spicy perfume, but I don't think is too masculine, should be unisex. Unfortunately has low sillage and bad longevity, not worth for money, The One Gentleman is better:)

gabscarmona
gabscarmona

peculiar scent, classic, elegant, very sensual, and totally unforgettable. Once you smell it, you won't get it out.

dukeofscent
dukeofscent

Women between the ages of high school and MILFs love this scent. Hell, other guys will ask you WTF are you wearing. Only issue is longevity. I carry a 2.5 ounce decant of it with me. And, at lunchtime I'll reapply and I can continue to make the all ladies at work moist till the end of the working day. Good stuff, it works every time.

camwip
camwip

Smells amazing but does not last

nevern te republic
nevern te republic

gentleman gets a 7 this gets a solid 5 out of 288 lol

leo74190
leo74190

This is a very masculine scent. It is so warm and a bit sweet. It last for about 5 hours on me. I'm in a tropical country so that's great!

Costiellio25
Costiellio25

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING WOW...

ecpkngt
ecpkngt

This is how I want my man to smell...

Strong. Gentle. Subtle. Classic. Warm.

It's spicy, it's comforting and secure, it's just bright enough, just sweet enough, just mysterious enough. Very sexy.

The tobacco is perfect. The cedar and amber are delicious. It doesn't need to project any more than it does- it draws in. I can't resist brushing my lips against his neck as I breathe it in.

And I relish the scent of it that lingers on my own skin in the mornings.

That is all.

payno_1
payno_1

I love love love the smell of The One - it's exotic, spicy, herbal, fruity. I just wish it lasted longer! Much longer! On me it projects only for about 1-2 hours, and the longevity is 3 hours at the most! It's such a shame. If D&G brought out an 'Intense' version that smelt exactly the same but lasted for 6-8 hours (or more!) I would buy it in a heartbeat. As it is, it's only really useful for snuggling up with a partner to watch a film, or for in-between the bed sheets, because you have to be really close to smell this!
Smell - 9/10
Projection - 4/10
Longevity - 4/10
Overall - 6/10
A great smelling fragrance, let down by it's inability to be smelt for long!

shak2
shak2

Smoothy......Nice smell!!!
very good for night
One of the right choise....

recklssabndon
recklssabndon

I love this cologne. I just have a small trial bottle of the EDT, but I will definitely be buying the larger bottle. It seems fairly versatile, however, it seems like a night scent to me -- which is unfortunate since I was really hoping to find a good day scent. Trying out Platinum Egoiste by Chanel, but it has some odd-old-lady-powder-like smells. Anyway, I digress. Fresh Spicy is accurate for this, you can smell the subtle Tobacco/Citrus undertones very well too, beautifully crafted, very masculine and warm.

Side-note @Endymion -- I don't think your bottle is genuine =( If you go to any department store and ask, they'll give you a two mL free sample out of their tester bottle which you'll know is genuine, so you can test the one you have against that

Endymion
Endymion

I just got my bottle of The One for men.
It's used but genuine. I have never tested it so I didn't know how it would "sound".

First impression: It's hard to believe that it's a men's fragrance! It's so sweet and feminine!!!
(A little bit reminds me even to Laura Biagotti's Venezia, the female one.)

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A very light, young, fruity scent which is beautiful but projects little and does not last...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 3 hours. A sticky orange (though not listed) type of scent which is younger than I was expecting, considering the name and bottle suggests mid-mature. Ages 21-37. This is the brother of Jimmy Choo female fragrance, it smells 80% the same. Yummy, innocent, modern. Projection limited, approx 1.5 feet and not very strong

3-4 hours. Less projection, perhaps 6 inches. Same scent

4-5 hours. Same scent but sourness creeps in, but still very nice. 1 inch projection

5-7 hours. - Essentially same orange fruity scent. Less sourness now and more powdery, close to skin, no projection. Gorgeous drydown, I keep smelling my forearm.

Delicious scent, though the market is flooded with sticky orange type scents.. as it was with lemon scents. Poor projection and longevity which I need, so not for my personal tastes..

Missmuffet
Missmuffet

This fragrance is nice , my grandpa wears this! Lol , everytime i smell this , i remember my grandpa :)
Totally amazing i think , reminds me my grandparents :D

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

god, this stuff is just gorgeous, it's smooth yet spicy creamy yet masqueline, so uniqe, so sexy. I even have a bottle i keep for myself, to take a sniff or spray on an unsuspecting participant :) I was going to say victim, but this fragrance is too extrodinary for that

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This smells generic when you first apply it, but the dry down is nuanced, sophisticated and utterly gorgeous.

perfumemory
perfumemory

D&G The One is one great fragrance. I've had a sample in my drawer and almost forgot about it, it just didn't speak to me when I had applied it first several months ago. But a couple days ago something happened: I applied it and it sounded magic. Maybe it has happened so because it's fall (today is Nov. 1). So I bought a 30ml bottle and started enjoying the scent even more. After a while, I realized that it resembles Givenchy Play Intense but it's more subtle and complex than that. While GPI to me is a winter/night and, surprisingly, spring scent, D&G The One is a fall one. I haven't worn it over other seasons though, so we'll see how it works during the winter and spring.

On longevity: it doesn't go too quickly. It stays on my skin for 4 solid hours, which I consider to be not bad at all. And I like its drydown a lot. While the opening is a statement (a sort of gentle power), the drydown is intimate, down to the skin.

The composition is wonderful: this is a rare case when (my favorite) grapefruit is masked by the warm spices and a tad of sweetness with just a hint of tobacco. Nothing is overwhelming or standing out alone. All ingredients work well in ensemble.

D&G The One is one of the most noble, if I may say so, expressions of gentle masculinity in the world of fragrances. So happy I got it.

Jordan13
Jordan13

I was looking for a signature, and needed something versatile. The One is exactly what I was looking for. It is smooth, soft, and warm. When I think of a bonfire on a beach, I picture wearing this scent. I use it as my winter signature regardless of the "fruity" notes. I think the warmth of the fragrance makes it work for this purpose. Very inviting. A guy I know wears The One, so when I was looking for my new scent I really didn't want to like this one. After reading some reviews I thought Gucci PH2 would be more appealing to me, but after trying out all the prospects The One ended up far and away my favorite. On the other hand, after having such high hopes for the Gucci I was really not impressed. The One is the one.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

I like the top and the drydown a lot, but am indifferent to the middle. Top is some pleasant grapefruit mixed with spice hints and some bergamot to me.

I get a orangey-coconut sort of vibe at that stage, which I strangely find Ok for a few minutes but then feel all nauseated. Just not for me, so no point in giving a rating.

Quick impression from one spray to hand (while wearing other fragrances): Kind of like a bad version of Michael for Men (Kors). It's lacking the complexity and the patchouli, which I think would have helped make this more "masculine." The tobacco is present, but overall this is a bit "synthetic" and bare, at least relative to Michael for Men. I would not wear this even if there was no Michael for Men, though. Instead, I'd go for something like Romance Silver for Men if I wanted a recent designer men's fragrance with a tobacco element. I don't see why a woman who wanted a tobacco fragrance would feel strange wearing this one, though she might not like it for other reasons.

UPDATE: Seems to have good longevity and projection ("sillage") seems fairly good too, but a metallic woody type of note and a vanillic laundry musk kind of thing totally ruins it for me.

gasperk
gasperk

Pure Perfection.

Karhu
Karhu

A real gem of a cool/cold weather fragrance that works well both for the office and an evening out, though it really shines as an elegant scent to accompany an elegant evening.

Those looking for a fragrance that will punch people in the nose in a crowded club need to keep looking, but as has been written below, that is not the intent of The One. This One is meant to be enjoyed up close and in that regard, I have no problems with the longevity.

As to the scent itself, The One is all about the base for me. On my skin (pretty dry) it goes straight past a filmy hint of opening citrus (sweet not sour) to the base and hangs out there for around 8 hours. I get a densely rich, moist tobacco mixed with a honey sweetness (amber?) and a touch of dark, candied fruits weaving in and out of the picture. Beautiful.

If you're curious, The One is light years better than The One Gentleman.

kenney77

very sweet and sexy love the opening very long lasting go out and get it boys

illwit
illwit

Only one word describes it all "Luxury"

starts luxurious and remains luxurious till the end.

Very good longevity.

This scent defines the boundary between men and women.

Suits men who enjoy masculine scents.

editionblanche

Come on Stefano Gabanna! How can you can you create such an enchanting scent and let it die so quickly on our skins.
The more i smell this the more i like it, and the more disppointed i get with its weak lifetime...
Is there an eau de parfum?

tcjmoura
tcjmoura

Mr. Versatility in the bottle, smell really nice but has medium longevity and medium sillage (almost weak) hurt this great fragrance.

alex79
alex79

I really like this smell.Unfortunately,it is very weak and it doesn't last too long.I sold it a week after i bought it

longevity- 5/10
projection- 4/10
scent 9/10

PaulydaEagle12
PaulydaEagle12

A truely unique smell that reminds me of a candyed orange. I just cant believe there arent any type of ornage notes in this. 9/10

ANSD
ANSD

I love this perfume...but it doesn't last on me, damn!!!

malik2011
malik2011

i dont know why i dont like this one i like the opening very much but after one hour it turns to be so artificial and seckining to me but i prefer the gentle one

William Liang
William Liang

I love D&G The One the instant I tested on my skin and bought it right away. One of the reason is perhaps the sweetness and some kind of a coconut vibe that I get (which I saw another reviewer "Heverton", maybe the only one whom mentioned the coconut aroma) which reminds me of Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau that I enjoyed much the unique sweet gourmand. The only downside of this fragrance like many had said is the longevity, it last less than 4hours on my skin. I'm going to try spraying the perfume and also applying the D&G The One deodorant stick..to see if it helps prolong the longevity..else I'll just re-apply as I have a small (8ml) bottle of it (given free) that I can conveniently carry with me!

cyber861
cyber861

بویه گرمی داره-موندگاری خوب

برای زمستون خیلی خوبه.میشه گفت بوش خوشمزست.ولی برای تابستون اصلا خوب نیست.

jazmam
jazmam

ALL men should smell so good!

Odiee99
Odiee99

I went to Macy's yesterday and tested this fragrance. It is a very sensual fragrance. If you're into very masculine smells then you should skip this one. It is very light and sweet.My 1st impression is that this could have been a unisex fragrance. I already ordered a sample so I'll wear it a couple of time and then render my final verdict.

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
It's absolutely fantastic.
It's one of my favorite perfumes.
This scent is in the style D&G, and I love all the perfumes of D&G.
I strongly recommend for those looking for something with class and distinction.

dwjamie
dwjamie

Blind bought this one after reading a few positive reviews - only after purchasing did I delve deeper to find issues with projection and longevity...so was a little worried before my first try!!

First thought is that this is a nice fragrance - not fantastic or amazing, but just nice. If you're after something to stand out in the crowd, this probably wouldn't be 'the one' for you. There is something familiar about this - if you have a cabinet full of scents you probably have something which can do the same thing, but better.

Now to the issues everyone has spoken in depth about...Projection and Longevity. The One definitely sits close to the skin, there is no doubt to that, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. Other reviewers have mentioned that women love this scent - however it won't get you noticed, rather is perfect for the man who has already found 'the one'. Longevity is the one thing whih is of concern for me. It is rather spotty - lasting anywhere from an hour to 4 hours. If you are interested in this, I would recommend grabbing a sample and trying it thoroughly - as I know some people can get great longevity on this one.

For me this will be a fall or an early spring scent. Great for nights and could easily be someone's signiture scent if you find this lasts. Could easily be worn in winter as well, but I have others which do the 'winter scent' job for me better.

nouf
nouf

أحبه جدا أشعر أنه مختلف عن معظم العطور الرجالية إنه مميز

FORCED_TO_REGISTER

My signature scent now for 3 years.

anton007

One of the most richest and sexiest scent I have ever worn. A delightful aroma of scents blended together as "The One". I wear this one at night time upon my intimate encounters. Although, the projection of this scent is not the very best. They need to come out with a version with better projection.

DaZeD
DaZeD

The difference is huge eMCizzle, The One is just more complex and smells less sweet, and imo is totally different from The Gentleman.

When i was in the perfume shop i sampled a few perfumes and those 2 where amoung them, i decided to buy The One, but i mixed them up and ended up buying The One Gentleman, i was dissapointed when i got home, i liked The One so much better, i appreciate the Gentleman and i love the scent, but The One is just much better, and that's all in my opinion ofcourse as people have different tastes.

twlahue

I have changed my mind about this one after several more wearings...
it lasts all day and projects ok.

it is a good one

koome
koome

D&G the one is a woody spicy fragrance that smells of class and wealth. I wore this in a wedding evening party and all i got is compliments and ladies sitting next to me. its a bit pricy, but what would you expect for such a unique and classy scent? Buy it and wont regret.

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

I'm a girl and I adore this perfume for me! Went through my bottle so quickly, much quicker than my women's fragrances ; ) If I ever do find The One, I will introduce this to him. So I can smell him instead of having to wear it myself.. Really sexy!

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

My co-worker let me borrow this to try (I let him borrow my DKNY Red Delicious for Men--fair trade?). Anyway, so I'm experiencing this fragrance for the first time...wearing it at work. It smells super sexy, and not too strong to wear at work so it's just right.

However, I feel as though I've smelled something like this before... YSL L'Homme perhaps?

I prefer L'Homme to this one.

Can someone tell me if there's a difference between this one and The One Gentlemen?

Heverton
Heverton

This fragrance whispers class, elegance! It has an opening with grapefruit and ginger, but with a tropical vibe into it, with a reminiscent aroma of coconut. An opening that is almost like a drink combining all these notes.

Imagine this drink being taken at the same time you enjoy a good pipe, with a mixture of a not so strong tobacco leafs, something very soft and pleasant. This is the heart of this fragrance, where there is also a very evident amber note giving a sweet aspect to it.

A delight! The only problem with this fragrance is the longevity. After 4 or 5 hours The One drops out of the skin.

kikoooo
kikoooo

People used to love this at the store...
Most of the guys were in love with it at first sight.
I like it's light sweetness as well, but this one is REALLY classy. One of those that makes you think about a man in suit...
Although i love it, i just can't think of me using it, not my style.

shankar1083
shankar1083

One of my favorite colognes except that it does not last, though some application of body lotion does the trick before spraying. 1st in my list.

The Collection
The Collection

This is one of the best and sexiest mens fragrances on the market. For me the mix of Ginger and tobbacco works like magic and it blends heavenly into something that smells borderline edible. This is further enhanced by the sweetness of the grapefruit and the earthiness of its smokey and sweet drydown. I agree with everyone in the sense that The One is not meant to be a loud fragrance, i like it for its quietness and the fact that it isn't blasting in your face like alot of men's fragrances. For me this fragrance fades after 2 hours but it leaves a lingering scent on the skin which i really like because it truely does smell beautiful once its completly settled. I prefer this one much more in comparison to the new version they've released. I think this version is much more classier and alot more sexier and that suits my tastes but i'd definetly recommend trying both scents just to see how you feel about them cos they're both pretty awesome.

gaby8888
gaby8888

Im a woman in my early 20's. I think The One was created for those special occasions that you know there will be some closeness, you dont want something that screams for ATTENTION! but something that is discreet and once that other person is close it whispers I am the One because down deep inside you have always known that you're The One.

MiguelHarris

I don't see why everyone is complaining about projection. The ad, the commercial, and the description tells you that it wasn't made to be strong and overbearing. The One for men to my understanding was made for intimate and sensual moments most of the notes are aphrodisiacs (sexual stimulant). I doubt that anyone would be aroused by anything loud and strong so the one is fine just the way it is. Lessons for the day (1. Every fragrance has a time, place, and purpose) (2. CLASSY IS NOT LOUD AND ATTENTION SEEKING, IT'S QUIET AND CATCHES OTHERS BY SURPRISE.) and (3. Everyone doesn't want to smell you ten feet away.) I will be purchasing a new bottle of this quiet and classy fragrance.

greenhornet
greenhornet

Mmmmmm, The One and only !

All the notes blend in perfect harmony, and i find myself sniffing my wrists all day. This smell is phenomenol, i feel confident at work, not to mention the comments i get from the ladies, this is my number one cologne, followed by Chanel allure, followed by D&G pour homme

10/10 for sure.

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

This one is very intriguing. The ginger in this is phenomenal. This is very spicy as well and the smell is just overall great. Lasts all day too.

ruiner0
ruiner0

I love the smell, projection is awesome. The only problem is it gives me the feeling when I wear this I have to dress more formal like suit or sth. Plus I'm 22 I feel it's good for ppl over 30.

bonovox
bonovox

I really, really wanted to love this fragrance as it has gotten so many great reviews, but it was just a little too generic for my tastes and definitely not worth the price. It may be better suited for individuals with oilier skin, but as I have a very dry (hardly sweat) skintone, it did not wear very well on me. I liked the opening notes of a little sweet and spice with a masculine taste, but I wasn't left with very much after two hours. I know a lot of people have this as their signature fragrance, and while I do like it I would probably go for something else. 7/10!

Cameron96McBride
Cameron96McBride

Dolce & gabbanna the one

ok i got this about a month or 2 ago and i was extremely excited to get my first dolce and gabbana cologne, i wanted it for over a year and finnaly got a gift set of it that was only 50 dollars!

to put this whole fragrance in one word is very difficult, basically impossible actually, its my 2nd favourite fragrance so far actually maybe 3rd, but i love this soooo much. its very woody and spicy and is very different but soooo manly, this is a lady killer in my perspective! the woods and the spices mix together perfectly and it last long to, well most do on me but this isnt to bad longevity wise maybe 7 to 9 hours on my skin maybe 10 or 11 if im lucky,

the notes in this are hard to describe because im not very good at describing the notes but ill try my best.. its like your walking through a forset of cedar trees and on your on your way and the smell of the cedar trees is very destinct but in the other side of the forest theres a tobacco farm and the smell of the tobacco is mixing together with the cedar trees and theres a few grapefruit groing that are mixing together amazingly, and its like yourre in heaven because it smells so manly and heavenly that you want too stay there. and its so strong that its hard to breathe but its okay because it smells amazing,

Ratings-

Longevity- 8.4/10 its above average on this cologne im happy

Projection- 9.6 smell this stuff from a mile away!

Overall smell- 9.9/10 my 3rd favourite !

Hope this helped!

anton007

One of my favorite colognes except that it does not project very well. Although it is great for intimate encounters. Love it!

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

My 16 year old (male) cousin wears this, and although it's probably not meant for this age range, he really pulls it off! (I didn't know what it was at first, just smelled it on him)

Think it works because it's very soft and luckily he used it sparingly unlike alot of teenagers with strong scents :P

Just got a lovely waft of warm and spicy and 'clean'.

One for special occasions I think. (my cousin's special occasion was new years eve party 2010 with lots of girls lol)

dokepi
dokepi

Must have! perfect for a romantic meeting in a expensive restaurant

one of my favorites

bunny
bunny

I'm a woman and I just tried a sample of this in the flyer.

It gives me all my stereotype about men's cologns, yet it is smooth enough for a female nose. It makes a very clear statement that it is for man. However, it has nothing overwhelming. From the other angle, I don't know how it manages to be so gentle (soft?), but then still be very clear on the gender.

madhatter1
madhatter1

I liked, birthday present for the husband. Friends also complimented how it smelled on him.

junglefun
junglefun

Love this one. Gives me a warm, tropical vibe. Longevity is good but if it was just a bit better it would be a 10/10 in my books.

michael1975

this is an amazing smell very classy and fairl unique i would put this in my top ten ever 9/10,ps the gentleman
one is nowhere near as good

scattolini
scattolini

Oh come on folks, D&G The one is amazing because of its innovation (in a good way).... It's intended for 30s men (I disagree to those who say it might be used by women, no way!!!) ....try it during days and nights......

This is a great scent, woody, loved the amber plus cedar....strong, perseverant, modern and warm, not intoxicating at all, it tightens perfectly onto your skin, even after long hours.....If you want to impress a girl, put it on 1 hour before going out to dinner.....it wouldn't go wrong, believe me, it's a couple maker!!!!

Sillage and longevity are OK, Great projection, nice bottle specially the cap (made on wood).

After a couple hours, the perfume fades away but leaves an incredible tobacco smell that is very calming and confortating.

I recommend everybody should at least try it!!!

Target public: men during 30's
Sillage: 7
Projection: 9
Scent itself: 8
The X-factor (the result is greater than the sum of its components individually): 7
Overal Score: 8

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

Just got a 100ml bottle of this today as a birthday gift from my lovely wife. I really like this, but its not earth shatteringly unique. Longevity and sillage are not that great. It smells like a cross between Versace Blue Jeans and cK Eternity to my nose. So I think its quite safe and masculine. Worth a try definitely (age 30-40yrs). No compliments as yet. To me it smells the best about 6hrs after the first spritz. (Guess the main issue is my other current frags are Guerlain's L'Instant and Banana Republic's Black Walnut which I think are quite unique and exceptional frags).

mrt2196
mrt2196

you want to impress someone, wear this.

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

longivite 0 .

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

When I put this on, it reminds me of walking into a sauna loaded with un-lit cuban cigars. It's a very sweet/spicy smell. It is definitely a masculine and mature smell and will grab the ladies attention, only if they are standing closely to you. It doesn't project very well and I can see why it could give some people headaches although it doesnt do that to me. It's one of my favorites and I will definitely upgrade to a 3.3 oz bottle when my 1.6 runs out. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

michael1975

very nice not too heavy but masculine enough

TJKM
TJKM

This one is a bit borring.
Personally I dislike it and it gives me headache sometimes.

It lasts up to 4 hours and it pretty much smells like medicine syryp or something like that.

Nothin special, just borring.

babybash44
babybash44

Sweet and smoky. It's interesting and masculine, but over powering in the Summer weather. Wear this for cooler times. This is my romantic scent, it is very personal and close to the skin and I like that for a close quarters cologne. The bottle is very nicely done and, even though it's fairly pricey, if you can get a 1.6 oz for under 50 dollars I'd so go for it. It's a great smell and women really like it. One of the only complaints is that it doesn't project if you want people to smell it, but it does last long... just quietly.

MiguelHarris

where to start about D & G the one for men. The One for men has different personalities from clean, classy, innocent, fun, vibrant to sexy, dark, captivating, mysterious, warm, and tempting. The One does not smell the same to everyone, its like a chameleon, a fragrance that caters to every different nose. When I first smelled it in the GQ mag, I got a smoky warmth wrapped in a haze of tempting whisphers of soft marshmallows. It suprised me when the opening was a strong troical burst of oranges. As the one dries down the orange smell becomes a creamy floral with a warm berry undertone. As the base whispers itself in I get warm marshmellows with a soft berry like orange with smoky amber undertones. T

the downside to this is its projection,it will project the first time you apply it, but 3 - 4 hours later it hides itself. The scent does last long but it is close to the skin.

To me the one for men can be unisex, do to the tropical, marshmallow vibe.

The One for men is similar to Sensuous by Estee Lauder as it dries down. The Marshmellow in this is also similar to the one in M by Mariah Carey.

The one Can be a perfect male counterpart to M by Mariah Carey which I feel they are both classic scents but travel different roads. M starts With the marshmellow accord and ends with a floral woody like base, while The One starts of tropical and floral and ends with a Marshmallow wrapped with the warmth of molten amber and creamy orange blossom.

Overall The One will go with my collection of classic scents. I wish they will come out with a Parfum version of this it will sale.

La nuits l'homme turns heads
The One by Dolce & Gabbana will blow peoples mind

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Tropical woody scent. Smells like a woody mango.
Very luxurious bottle and scent.
It definitely got that delicious vibe to it.

kuba
kuba

I respect D&G lines but this one is beyond my catch up talents and no matter the hard i have had tried to get used to it but its not by any chance impressed me.i only ended up with headache,eye fatigue and some other confusions in my nerves.i really regret the blind 100ML purchase of this one.i am glad to have to stay with D&G pour Homme and LIGHT BLUE pour homme but not this one.smells like a pyrethram to me and am going to use this as an insectcide.its really embarrasing

fahadmudassar
fahadmudassar

This is real master piece. I badly want it

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

So I usually try to incorporate notes when I review things. But this one is more about what it smells like. Let me first say if you are getting excited about the Tobacco, don't! I smell more tobacco in Pure Havane than in this fragrance. If it is there I don't get much of it, maybe the sweet smokiness but that could be something else.

What does this smell like? A creamy tropical alcoholic beverage. Maybe an orange creampop or a creamy citrusy soda. Or something like that. It is sweet, citrus coupled with the ginger and thats what I get. It does have some depth maybe the tobacco or the amber or something is giving it some richness but it is there none the less.

Now let me say I have not worn this all day in the office. I may actually pull that off tomorrow. I wore it out because I have heard about the longevity issues. I decided to wear it dancing and I couldn't stop smelling myself. I loved the aroma that permeated my nose for the 4 hours I had this on. My friends forget that Matthew is on the front of this thing and that so many counter reps are begging for you to buy this (most people who do won't go through the entire bottle), it is not overrated. For any type of intimate setting this could be a go to fragrance. It could be applied for a baby making session (LOL), a nice dinner out with a woman, it could be professional enough for work though edgy, it could be a first date scent, especially for a mature man or it could be worn to a club.

Wonderful, wonderful fragrance. Just wonderful. I can't account for the longevity because I don't think this would be a signature scent for me (that is left for L'Instant, Prada Amber, Chanel Allure among others) so its use is perfect!

Genius
Genius

This is my signature perfume. I love it because it is classy sexy and seductive. People will love it and will give u a lot of compliments about it. Very unique.

awholenuworld
awholenuworld

This is one of my favourites! The woody tobacco notes are so distinct and formal! Very essential for a lovely lounge evening or a chic dinner. Works well for an executive office environment.

300yard+
300yard+

Great for winter time. Reminds me of an outdoor nite during the holidays with the wood burning in the chimney smell. The projection sux big time , so I sold my new bottle.. If they can get this to project better Id rebuy...

JohnMc
JohnMc

Warm, sensual and sophisticated. Not a clubber's, party animal type scent, but exactly as the ad campaign with McConaughey appears. Unfortunately, the lasting power of this scent is fleeting. I loved the various notes, but they were so under-emphasized in the projection stakes that as soon as it was there it was gone.

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

Dolce&Gabbana the one : DO NOT let the brown jucie fool you ! i thought this was gonna be a masculine spicy/woody bomb! i was wrong ! this opens up citrusy smelling not sweet though ! then after 40 min. the citrus accord tones down and the ginger comes in with tabacco and the grapefruit lingers in the background creating this SEXY,SMOOTH,ELEGANT,TROPICAL vibe. Smelling this with your eyes closed and it will travel you to an exotic beach!
PROJECTION:moderate
LONGEVITY: 5hours on my skin (unfourtionately) !
SMELL: EXCELENT
OCATION: all seasons

Mr. Nose
Mr. Nose

The One is an excellent fragrance. Ellegant, interesting, bold, masculine.

I bought it for my dad when he told me "I want a classy one". And, guys, I confess I've done it effin' right.

But now I have to stole it from him. Sorry, dad.

smells good, not great,
doesn't last and doesn't project...
next...

MadMax973
MadMax973

This is a very special scent made for very special occasions. It would work very well in the early evenings on dates at coffee shops or nice restaurants (do not forget to dress the part as this is a high class scent and would not have the full effect otherwise). It may be too sophisticated/sexy for the workplace. Although it is too bad because the scent is to die for and I would wear it all day :)

You will get noticed with this fragrance. Mostly in a positive light. The only criticism I have heard is that one woman said it is too sweet. Projects well.

I get about 6-8 hours on my skin. My advice is to put some on your skin. It may instantaneously strike you as your signature (as it did mine). I can't think of any other fragrance this reminds me of. Overall, a fantastic cologne which you must try!

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

After the little sweet grapefruit-basil openning,amber and ginger took the controle.
It's sweet,powdery,basil appealing scent.
I dont get the tobacco note in a clear way.
Even if it seems relaxing and calm scent but it may give headache sometimes,specialy in testing.
Best for casual winter and fall wearing.
Get lot of compliments just like all the candy,vanilla,orangy type of scent(one million,le male..).
Last about 5 hours with moderate projection,be generous with the spray ;).

Pianopolice

This is among my top five, so far. It is very high class. Not very good for hot days, but perfect for colder days and for nights. It doesn't mean that I don't wear it during hot days; I love it and i wear it. D & G is a great designer as far as colognes.

DevilBoi
DevilBoi

I just got a bottle today, and I love the scent, but I noticed that my bottle looks a little cheaply made and was wondering if I possibly got a fake. I'm used to having the name of the cologne printed directly onto the bottle but this one has a see-thru plastic sticker with the words "Dolce & Gabbana the ONE", I also noticed a couple of air bubbles in the bottle.
So I compared it with a sample that I had in my drawer, and the sample seems to have a bit more of a woodsy smell to it while to bottle I purchased today smells a little sweeter. So if someone could tell me if the original bottle has a clear plastic sticker on it I would really appreciate it.
Other than that, I love the scent, very masculine yet sweet and gentle, definitely a winter fragrance and something I'll wear for a night out.

teteuzinhu
teteuzinhu

the best fragrance ever! my favorite edt for sure. a must buy

andrevarx
andrevarx

EDT is a refined, sexy and slightly modern touch. Super powerful opening notes of the most powerful I've seen so far, a mixture of wood aroma with a hint of cardamom intense, but cool. Middle notes of cardamom dominate mixed with cedar wood, being soft and elegant orange blossom. Base notes a well-balanced blend of cedar and amber really fine.

Age range from recent graduates, until very mature men, warning that it is a fairly classic fragrance disguised as modern and daring. Almost for the whole season except the summer heat. Use from casual meetings to gala dinners, very flexible to use, gives an aura of fragrance line between formal and informal (a similar case as Polo Blue by RL). Stay on the skin for 8hrs. Pretty good for attracting women and dating. Very good fragrance, highly recommended.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I sprayed this on a card and liked it a lot, so I thought I'd check with muy hustband and see what he thinks. He smelled the card and didn't like it. But he also sprayed some on his wrist and thought it smelled somewhat better on him. When I sniffed his wrist though, I was horrified! It smelled really bad and it went from bad to worse over the next couple of hours. So glad I didn't buy this for him.

Kharnak

I say it's very sophisticated... Dark, Woody, Manly, must be the spicy tobacco underneath. Citrus component is obvious. I want this...

costaleo
costaleo

Am I the only one who thinks it's very similar to Coty's Raw Vanilla ? Very nice scent.

revisting my review...

After wearing it a few times I can say that it IS ver similar to Raw Vanilla, but not as simple. The spicies in The One are of course much richer and present, making it evolve much more than Raw Vanilla.

asianmetalhead
asianmetalhead

Beautiful beautiful scent the only thing is it doesn't last very long. I like to wear this when me and my girl wanna.... have a little fun after dark you know ;)

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

The cardamom, ambergris and cedar give a dark, smoky, creamy but also resin formula.
Masculine, collected and professional.
This isn't spicy in my opinion, Gentelman is the more spicy formula I prefer to resiny scents.
Longevity on the skin is pretty good, projects itself very well.

ghonim_cardio
ghonim_cardio

Elegant !!!

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

D&G The One is fantastically exclusive. The opening of grapefruit is so distinct albeit similar to a number of fragrances out there in the market.

Sweet vibe of The One is so great :D

Longevity is very good with 5-6+ on my oily skin. Please bear this in mind when you try this.

Sillage is good too.

Overall, very versatile and long-lasting men fragrance.

Hope this helps :D

rednut
rednut

I would follow a man wearing this just to smell it for a little longer. My son wears it and I think it is the best aftershave I have ever smelled

lilou
lilou

I gave this perfume to my husband. Very elegant, very woody but not enough young or punchy for him. I tried The One Gentleman and it's better. Both are really good perfumes : D & G are really a good choice for men fragrances.

mbasilakism
mbasilakism

A very elegant, masculine and classic perfume for a man who wants to seduce.......

Love it!!!!!!

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

A very classy fragrance, I cant think of me wearing it on a daily basis, The One is one of those perfumes that are better for special nights and formal events.
Very sexy but not reccomended for teens or very young guys.
However, maybe its my skin, it doesnt last too long.
I gave it to my dad and he has the same problem, maybe same skin???.
Its really a shame such a wonderful perfume with a weak longevity.

anna157
anna157

My boyfriend used this fragrance and i liked it a lot...beside this i find it kind of unisex so i used it too...well nobody noticed that i used a man fragrance...i don't like The One for her though

RobbieX
RobbieX

An ordinary, fairly pleasant spicy scent. Longevity is OK and it has a pleasant sweet spicy sillage. I have to say, however, that it's nothing really special.

knightlore
knightlore

I have a few D&G, but The One I will not replace, it's a bit sickly, unlike Light Blue and D&G which I love!

bronstein
bronstein

I love D&C as one of the great men's fashion labels of these days, but I can't get over their perfumes. Really, I tried but I could never wear any of their male scents.

Apart from this one, actually. It's sweet, aromatic, nicely devloping. I wouldn't call it subtle, but at least it's not dumb. Best worn on office days when nothing much is expected to happen.

Guinea54

To me it is a nice smell that is non offensive. It reminds of of a tropical fruit kind of smell. Think pina colada with crushed berries in it while getting a whiff of sun tanning lotion. I do get a little bit of a coconut vibe as well. Downside of this cologne, it is very weak and doesn't last long.
Scent- A
Longevity and projection- F
Versatility- A any season

RayFlash
RayFlash

Smells like a watered-down version of Kenzo Jungle Homme with some lousy pineapple on top.

Sillage as well as longevity is pitiful.

igork
igork

This a lovely men fragrance, maybe women I don't know for sure it has something that gives him women feeling maybe the designer has mistaken with the notes. No matter it is very romantic and enjoyable scent, but I hate the fact that doesn't stay much long and the silage is not that great. The season would be autumn, winter or spring for a night romantic dinner or special event, this is fragrance for a real gentleman.

Smell: 8/10
Silage: 6/10
Longevity: 6 hours

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I decided I wanted a men's fragrance to layer with my perfume... so after testing some I went home with a sample of this one. None of the others were quite right and they would clash with women's perfumes, or at least the ones I like to wear. This is very inviting and wraps around you instead of being too dramatic. It does draw you in however. Now I don't like men's cologne that is too clean and harsh smelling, but I love a scent like this one. It's comforting, sensual, and warm. I like the throwback classics like Bay Rum, and Old Spice from time to time. This reminds me of a modern man that's comfortable and confident in his own skin, but he doesn't have to be flashy about his looks. I will probably buy a small bottle.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

Hi, I received my bottle today and what can I say about The One is nothing less than amazing.
This EDT opens sweet, like it would have a coconut note, then it changes to something more spicy, warm and sensual.
Definetely, The One is a scent for cold days or romantic nights. I don't think it is exclusively "mature" but a elegant and classic scent for young mens.
Weak sillage, but lasts more than 8h on my skin.
My final score: 9,0/10.

e.cassim
e.cassim

sampled this on Saturday, what a nice and sweet scent.

it works so well on my skin and lasted for a very long time (could even smell it after a good shower)

the scent is quite good but i have smelt better ones and after a while it smelt a bit too feminine for my liking

Sektor_nl
Sektor_nl

Oh, what a lovely, warm and relaxing fragrance this is!
To me it's like a fragrantic equivalent to a delicious glass of cognac or whiskey to relax after a day of hard work or as the kick off for a romantic night out.

It's sweet and warm (though the grapefruit and ginger also give it a fresh edge), distinguished and unmistakebly manly, yet very subtle.

A modern classic!

ocean.lake
ocean.lake

It's such an interesting sophisticated sweet scent. I sprayed this perfume before going to my office and suddenly the secretary asking me what I was wearing.

She said it was beautiful and elegant scent. Yes indeed, it really defines a masculine and smart professional young man. In the other hand, I feel warm and sexy as well. At the end, she wants to buy that perfume for her husband. :(

I couldn't agree more with her that anyone can't go wrong with this perfume. Go for it!! and for sure, the lady will be attracted to you.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Interesting frag. I do get a smell of coconut but there is none listed n the pyramid. This would b great for fall/winter months as casual or yet business wear. I'm not a huge fan of tobacco but this is done nicely. It will be in my wardrobe very soon.

rithacha
rithacha

A modern throw-back to older classics. This one absolutely cannot be underrated, and I'd recommend it to just about anyone for just about any occaision, with gusto.

The One for Men opens with a fairly common tingly green citrus, herbaceous and fresh. The opening is fine, but unremarkable - but the drydown, oh the drydown is something to die for! Flavorful spices, classy tobacco, weaved into the softest tapestry of amber. It is incredibly warm and plush - I want to permanently bury my nose in my skin.

Whenever I wear The One for Men, I feel like the mood of the drydown melds beautifully into the aura I project. It is expensive, luxurious, warm, and golden. Subtle, tasteful, and intriguing. It's so unusual to find a fragrance that enhances my personality so naturally. I'd wear it anytime and anywhere!

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

adidas victory league is only slightly different from this, and has the same lasting power (about 4 hours or so) and is much cheaper

Lotofire
Lotofire

I just bought Auteur from L´bel smells quite similar but Auteur has better longevity and proyection plus the price is 35% less...Everybody should try L´bel fragrances they are pretty good!!!

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

Nice warm and sweet scent that stays pretty close to skin, but for a sexy and masculine oriental, I'd stick with my l'Instant de Guerlain.

seand7373
seand7373

I really like this. It's very subtle and smells very nice. Lasts a long time on my skin, don't expect a lot of silliage as it is designed to be smelled by someone that gets close to you.

platinumtonguedcharmer
platinumtonguedcharmer

absolutely most definately one of my favorite mens fragrances. I love the warm notes, the ginger and cardamom (also being one of my favorite spices) are ingredable. The tobacco and amber base are one of my most favorite smells. I could live in this fragrance almost forever. it is most definately also a crowd pleaser both men and women asking "what are you wearing"

tomb123
tomb123

one day i made a BIG mistake. i went shopping and brought my brother along. and bought him this... and i bought hugo boss element... biggest mistake ever. i should have bought this for my self.

cartman_
cartman_

what can i say about it... simple words:
amazing,,sexy,,,aura.

buy this you will never regret.

Dolce & Gabbana the One for Men is a
concentrate of elegance and sensuality. A spicy,
oriental fragrance, developed on the harmony of
tobacco with refined boisé notes. For the modern
hedonist who never passes by unobserved.

andrew85
andrew85

a nice perfume, very similar to Allure Homme by Chanel, for me almost identical... nice, but nothing original i would say......

giftedsoul
giftedsoul

Great perfume. Fell in love with this one as soon as i got the bottle.
Very sweet and classy all the way.
Great longevity.Cant keep myself away from this one.

Recommended for evening wear.Can never go wrong with this one.

ScottyVizz

A very sexy and smooth blend. It almost reminds me of an orange smoothie with hints of coconut. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long.

Cool Breeze 31
Cool Breeze 31

The One is a very masculine fragrance, its great for evening wear, and special occasions, I also think its good to use all year round, thats what make such a great fragrance. Its defiantly for a more mature crowd, but I can see some younger guys pulling this off.

Its sweet, spicy and smokey, but also soft and mellow. When I first spray it on, it starts out real spicy and cool, but then as it dries down, it starts to become more warm, and mellows out to become softer, creamy, with a hint of tobacco and less rough around the edges. (I get a sort of toasted marshmallow vibe from it)

I prefer to wear this at night, in fall/winter, but as I mentioned before can easily be worn in the summer months.

The One, has pretty good longevity, that keeps going til next morning. The One may not be one of a kind, but It definitely has what it takes to earn a spot in my collection!

ausamamira
ausamamira

Directly became a favorite of mine...... i detect some sour-sweet, tobaco-y ambery smell that is so elegant and classy .... i love it
but as others mentioned here, sillage is average or even below

lovescully
lovescully

This is a very warm and comforting fragrance that to my nose almost has a smokey/caramel quality.

I don't really get any of the top notes coming through when I first apply; for me it seems to go straight to the ginger & spice, before quickly settling into the warm amber & tobacco combination with just a hint of something suger/sweet.

If it does have one fault, it's that on me it stays very close to the skin and doesn't seem to project well. I really like it, but wish it projected further(especially considering the price tag!). I would recommend this for a special evening where you are very close to the one you're with.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

this fragrance is gorgoues and simply stunning ! it is wonderfull and will grant sheer sexiness and eternal class to its wearer !! i love it in every possible meaning of the word .
its lovely heavy opening gives the impression of luxury , the the tabacco fades and along comes softly creamy sweetness that creates a beautiful sensual aura around you .

wearing this means ur classy , elegant , sexy , lover and in my opinion daring the laws of sensuality !!

10/10 awesomly !

I tried this fragrance out of sheer curiousity as to what Matthew McConaughey smells like. I thought that whatever The One for Men smelt like it would have to suit a sexy, suave, rich and egotistical man.

Well this fragrance sure does suit men like him!

The scent is kind of sweet but spicy at the same time. The grapefruit and herbaceous notes like basil and coriander tend to stand out a lot. While sweet, I fully recommend this fragrance for men, as it is extremely masculine, and dare I say, sexy.

I detect a slight vanillary note that tends to mingle amongst the spicy and woodsy accords throughout this fragrance. It gives the composition a warm and somewhat syrupy feel which is both unique and sensual.

The tobacco and cedar in the base notes, rounds The One for Men off nicely with a touch of smokiness which to me is the epitome of the perfect manly man.

The lasting power is not bad, however I do wish that the sillage was that little stronger. I'd recommend this fragrance for wear during the colder months, special occasions or when you want to suitably impress your lady.

zvoncica
zvoncica

There are occassions when it is smart to obey the perfume title. The One is the one. I consider this to be a new classic, and recommend it without a doubt. Reminded me on Leonard Cohen lyrics which goes...

If you want a boxer
I will step into the ring for you
And if you want a doctor
I`ll examine every inch of you
If you want a driver
Climb inside
Or if you want to take me for a ride
You know you can
I am your man.

Lance
Lance

Smells very expensive!

It's sweet but not too strong like La Male or 1Million. And it takes you more and more interesting! Very different motions...

A must-buy for me!

Scorpio_Guy
Scorpio_Guy

Like the name already implies, D&G "The One" is a very special fragrance.

Having fruity and spicy scents in the top and middle notes and oriental-woody scents in the base, this is a fragrance for the rather extroverted type of man who doesn't fear to express his masculinity in public. Hence, the choice of using Matthew McConaughey for the advertising campaign was just great...

The fragrance itself reminds one of a wild garden in the South during a hot summer night and is literally spoken a true "Midsummer Night's Dream". But this fragrance is not only suitable for the night, but also wearable in the daytime. Due to its longevity which lasts approximately one day I would say that it's a stronger fragrance which could be worn the whole year through since it doesn't apply to just one certain time of the year. Rather for special events like going to the opera or to a dinner in a high-class restaurant than for business events or leisure time.

I give this fragrance a 10 out of 10 rating and will certainly invest in it again once the bottle is empty - which will sadly be way too soon...

PS: In summer this fragrance seems to have a strange attraction to the humblebees and wasps so just in case you're allergic be sure to have the right medicine with you. ;-)

behzad1280
behzad1280

The One didn’t impress me as I expected at first! But now, I like it!
It is warm and nice, specially the dry down is awesome!
Sillage and longevity are about average!
But you may find better choices whit same price in this zone!

با وجود اینکه این عطر خیلی طرفدار داره و یک عطر خوب به حساب میاد، اما من چیزی بیشتر از اون انتظار داشتم
عطر گرم و خاصیه که تا دو سه ساعت دوام داره و به مرور بهتر میشه
پخش بوی خوبی هم داره
برای مهمونی مناسبه
اما در کل با این قیمت میشه انتخاب های بهتری هم داشت

hay81hay
hay81hay

one of the best i ever had , every body smell it realize its a expensive cologne.
the best thing is the cologne last for long time . awesome .

papini
papini

Pure Vanilla-Tobacco on paper strip; different on skin - with a funny note of slightly rotten oranges :-). I like it, and a lot of girls my age like it, too. But - low projection, and sadly very poor longevity.

BIG
BIG

sweet tobacco with some amber and ginger notes thrown in there. really good. but i feel like i've smelt a variation of this scent somewhere before. Deja Vu

BeautifulDreamer
BeautifulDreamer

It's really nice, comfy, warm, sweet scent. Nothing extravagant...

snitchings
snitchings

this perfume smelt better on paper, however it does not smell as nice when you put it on, it smells somewhat less refined, just like most perfumes from PG prestige brand(not forgetting hugo boss).

a nice smell + diluted with stuff = disaster.

i would give DG a 7 out of 10.

In one word: delicious.
The immediate opening (to my nose) is a creamy orange with soft florals, and then a dry-down is a nice combo of cardamom and ginger (couldn't detect tobacco).
A little generic but what isn't these days? Still though, very edible and hard to dislike, people will want to know what you're wearing ;-)

noddoc
noddoc

it's an absolutely gorgeous fragrance. Highly recommended

jae
jae

I just received this as a Christmas present. I had been thinking about purchasing this for a long time, but other fragrances got in the way.

This is a rather soft fragrance. The longevity is moderate. These two factors are enough to drive people away. However, this serves my collection well. This isn't meant to be a sillage monster. This is meant to wear when you're with "the one". I've found that when I spray this on after bathing and moisturizing in The Body Shop's Brazil Nut line, it's heavenly!!! This isn't for the Lever2000 bathers out there - LOL.

LastingNote
LastingNote

It's that soft perfume which lasts comparatively longer..However I agree with most of the reviewers it is not so strong which gives the wow effect..But someone who is going to smell it closer will have that nice musky smell lasting long and its better for evenings..

Nicole79
Nicole79

i find One very nice, i really like it ! but....it doesn't create that wow effect ! It is also NOT one of those perfumes that u can remember for ever !

Chris2448
Chris2448

amazing fragrance, unfortunately it is too soft, no one can smell it unless they are really close

periquito89
periquito89

"Woody Spicy". Somewhat a creamy scent, warm and confortable. The One is not already "that one" for whom just said that is still looking for a signature scent (me). But is pleasant enought. Vanilla is not listed, but there is something a little vanillic here, at least it looks like that, or coconut? Nice to see that there is tobacco, although I just get some traces, if is really traces of tobacco what I`m getting from it. I prefer the smoky Guerlain Homme instead of this, but for me The One is much nicer, enjoyable, than perfumes like the last I`ve tried, including DKNY Men 2009 and Ferragamo F pour Homme.

piperis
piperis

this perfume its for real man real sexy man,best for glamourous nights

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

The One For Men...
For MEN! I personally find this cologne to be very masculine. It makes me think of an alpha male.
A strong leader, protector, and yet a gentle lover.
It is very woody warm and spicy.
Mature but not outdated.
The one is a classic, could be warn in a very large age range.
Very classy.

Diablo
Diablo

D&G the one is one of my favorit fragrance, but is not best choice in everday use because it´s not fresh fragrance, but a sweet fragrance.

Normaly I use it at the evening specialy and It´s best time to use it and it suit at the evening.

vin570
vin570

The One grants you class. Very ambery/sweet/woody. You'll feel captivating by wearing this. Great sillage and longevity, in my opinion. I disagree that it's similar to Diamonds, which is awfully powdery and feminine.

da_markos
da_markos

very nice scent. it belongs to "mainstream" fragrance. we have a lot simillar scents nowadays - chic by herrera, diamonds by armani, euphoria by ck. imho those scents are grandsons of opium hour homme by ysl - sweet, woody and spicy often with oriental notes. those kind of scents are very safe - you can wear them in office (not overdose), formal and informal meetings and dates.
i really like "the one" but if you are looking sth new, different and original - sorry - wrong one.

edition: i really like how it develope on my skin. it's not to sweet - just warm, sensual woody scent with a pinch of spices

james57821
james57821

This is the best cologne i've ever bought. the notes are blended so well. its very sweet,woody and has a classy smell to it. It doesn't smell spicy at all on me

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

D&G redeemed themselves with this because i was through with them after that (light blue)crap this is the bomb!

SaintLue

Pretty funny.I wore it about two weeks ago to go with my wife to my mother in laws house(which hated me at the time).After that day she loves me lol idont know of it was me or "the one" working its Magic.

scenturian
scenturian

The best from DG line.
It is quite similar 2 givenchy pi neo, they were launched in same year, so which is similar 2 which i dont know.
Sweet, woody, dark scent, mainly I get tobacco and spicy notes. Good for special occasions. Heavy for summer and daily usage.

kostasmath
kostasmath

the few... the prouds.... the ONE......quite heavy perfume but at the same time very addictive .the ginger and the Tobacco
are very clear ....love it...have it ....use it

Malegria
Malegria

I really, really liked The One.
It is spicy, woodsy and sweet enough for a woman to use. As a matter of fact, after 4 hours on my skin it transformed into a version of Sensuous by Estee Lauder with an aromatic twist. The tobacco leaves are the best, along with much beloved cardamom. It does not have the harshness that some of colognes possess, it is soft as a cat`s paw...or silk tie...or dark curly hair.I think it can be easily worn during the day, though the best time for it is evening, no doubt!
It lasted all day on my skin, and a week and still going - on a paper strip.
Amazing!

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

The odd thing is that this fragrance isn't very spicy to me, though I expected it to be. I suppose in comparison to other fragrances, it MIGHT be...but I actually get more of a sweet woodsy note. It's divine. It's not a strong cologne like Brute, for example, but the woodsy aroma maintains its masculine structure without being overbearing. I think the cardamom, amber, and orange blossom add such a wonderfully warm sweetness to it--almost making it slightly creamy. The combination of notes somehow prevent this fragrance from being too spicy/woodsy or even the other extreme: boring.

I can't pinpoint which part I like the best. That's how you know a fragrance is GREAT...because the notes are in such harmony with each other that you don't even want to think about the individual notes. You just want to sit and enjoy the beautiful music. And this, indeed, is beautiful.

SaintLue

Just bought it this weekend and fell in love with it as soon as i got it in my hand.Already got my wifes head turning and my father asking for it to go out!

vdxl
vdxl

Nice scent. I like other perfumes better, but I still consider this one as very good for a change.

WoonD
WoonD

I quite like it, it smell sweet and long lasting.
but somehow it make me headache for while haahaa, but i still love love it ^^

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

I think THe ONE for men is so attractive to women, I love the base note sooo much. It's so smooth and warm and I bought one for my husband. He likes it also. I think it's possible for a sexy woman to wear it at night as the base note of this EDT is so alluring. I am so happy that I bought it to my husband so that I can always sniff him~

lbcdpgc2
lbcdpgc2

It smells very good from the tester paper. It's a bit pricey right now. It smells somewhat like Vera Wang for men.

dandy721
dandy721

Very very heavy and sweet , i put it ones i went out into the club. My gosh i wantet to go out i couldn't breath anymore.It's elegant but very sweet for me, I prefer infusion from Prada or Dior cologne by Heidi Slimane. They are so unique and so dandy style

Princess
Princess

Omg! I love this scent! It's so unique. Very spicy and warm. But not overwhelming. Thois have to be my favorite of all men fragrances. Im getting this to my boyfriend for sure!

Perfumaniac

Dolce & Gabbana THE ONE is a cocentrate of elegance and sensuality. A spicy, oriental fragrance developed on the harmony of tobacco with refined boise notes.
A delightful oriental spicy scent that has a wonderful combination of grapefruit, ginger and orange blossom. Blended perfectly with cedarwood, coriander and basil it's a no stopping me now fragrance.
For the modern hedonist who never passes by unobserved.

Studentcrossing5
Studentcrossing5

The one for men has a powdery smell at first, sweet as well. But it leaves your nostrels with a rather intising sweet mysterious smell. Sounds wierd but i like it.

asfa
asfa

so great perfume so elegant ,for special ppl and nights ,that its real DG PERFUME not that ........... DG blue.For me that one its in 5 top list pefume for a elegant man

Mahmoud_agd
Mahmoud_agd

Smells much of musk ... very deep in sensation ... good for night wear ... for it gives a woody heavy smell to it leaving an elegant touch in you ...

maneesh
maneesh

well this is surely a good cologne. i wanted something for evening wear. After surfing the net for couple of days i found out that Spicy and/or Musky Colognes are the best for night time. More search time helped me note that Bvlgari Black, Soir, Gucci pour HOmme 2, Versarce Dreamer, Vintage John Varvatos, Obsession night are among the best for evening wear.

after testing all these and a few more colognes recommended by SAs in perfume stores i was left with Gucci Pour Homme 2 and D&G The One for Men.

well the first impression was, Gucci is better. but after about 40 mins Gucci almost dies and D&G becomes a different cologne which supprised me. still it took me couple of more days to figure out which one to buy and then decided to go for the D&G The One.

My girlfriend reckons Gucci is more romantic and sweet which is true, whereas the D&G is more Masculine and better for special occasions.

However i would buy the Gucci and Bvlgari Soir because they'v got their own style and i liked them.

promoscanner
promoscanner

Great for evening wear. Will prove to be a classic scent. Similar to Davidoff Silver Shadow, with a little more spice.

Comes on soft, warm, with the subtle spicy notes coming out beautifully.

The One for Men by Dolce&Gabbana 4.29 out of 5 based on 3026 ratings and 544 user reviews

Deodorant 2.4oz
Dolce Gabbana The One For Men 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
63.50 GBP
Dolce Gabbana The One for Men Eau de Toilette100ml
Dolce Gabbana The One for Men Eau de Toilette100ml
THE ONE for MEN by Dolce Gabbana SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE BALM 1.7 OZ SHOWER GEL 1.7 OZ TRAVEL EDITION
THE ONE for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 5 OZ
THE ONE for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 5 OZ
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz. Limited Edition
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz. Limited Edition
NORDSTROM.com
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz. Limited Edition 3.3 oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men Sport' Eau de Toilette 5 oz. 3.4 oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette Spray
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men Sport' Eau de Toilette 5 oz. 5.1 oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men Sport' Eau de Toilette 5 oz. 5.1 oz
NORDSTROM.com
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette Spray 5.1 oz.
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette Spray 5.1 oz.
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette Spray 5.1 oz. 5.1 oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men' Eau de Toilette Spray 5.1 oz. 5.1 oz
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men Sport' Eau de Toilette 5 oz.
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men Sport' Eau de Toilette 5 oz.
NORDSTROM.com
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men Sport' Eau de Toilette 5.1 oz.
Dolce Gabbana Beauty 'The One for Men Sport' Eau de Toilette 5.1 oz.
Dolce Gabbana The One For Men 5.1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dolce Gabbana The One For Men 5.1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The One for Men by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The One for Men by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.