Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Velvet Desert Oud Dolce&Gabbana for women and men
dislike

oud
smoky

Velvet Desert Oud wafts like a breeze through the dunes of a desert. The fragrance seduces with classic Middle Eastern incense notes topping a heart of mysterious oud and the sweetness and depth of amber. The lingering soft musky base notes leave a final memory of the sweet seduction.

Velvet Desert Oud is an Eau de Parfum available in 50 ml flacons. Velvet Desert Oud was launched in 2013.

Incense Agarwood (Oud) Amber Musk

Smells EXACTLY like Tom Ford's vert d'icence released 2016

spumyland
spumyland

Buonissima fragranza.
L'apertura e' un plagio a tuscan leather in versione extra light con pelle asciutta e ambra polverosa.
Accomodante e timida rimane molto rilassante.
Perfetta su una donna con un sillage velato.
La definerei INTIMA.
L'incenso e' da chiesa ma il prezzo e' blasfemo.
Per queste cifre un profumo deve avere gli ingredienti di qualita eccelsa non sintetici,alla pari di un clive christian.Qui sono pochi e l'ambra che domina non ha la profondita'del piu'tranquillo dei creed.
Uno spruzzo costa circa 4 € e la durata non e'infinita come altri dello stesso genere.
Se un profumo mi piace,lo vesto,ci investo,pretendo che non svanisca da solo ma sia io a toglierlo con una doccia!
D&G...cattivi!

SirCharles
SirCharles

Similar to Tuscan Leather? Yes. Redundant? No. I see enough difference that, to me, owning both is worth it. Where Tuscan Leather is what I imagine as Tony Montana's signature scent, VDO I see on someone more like Humphrey Bogart. The leather in VDO is much more of a soft suede, the smoke is more of a campfire smoke than a cigar smoke, and the fragrance feels, overall, airier and more elegant than Tuscan Leather. VDO really makes me picture the warm sands of Northern Africa, and is one of those fragrances that puts me in an almost meditative mood. GQ had this on a list of the best black-tie scents of all time and I agree completely. Ideal for an elegant evening out to the theater, a classy dinner, date etc.... God help us this is pricey, but to me, worth every penny.

MarcoR
MarcoR

Another blind buy based on Fragrantica's (and its members') review.
Another big big deal!
...mmm... well not exactly a deal, and not so sure that the 50ml is worth all that money (250€ for 50 ml is almost a robbery)
I am absolutely sure this is a Mister Perfume!
Tuned with the balsamic main accord, there's an escalation of smells during it's evolution in the day. At least 6-8 hours lasting, notes of pepper, but fresh. Wood and tobacco. Not cigarettes' or cigars' tobacco but...when freshly harvested tobacco leaves are strung with string, left in the sun to dry and then placed in a hot room for the last drying...when you open the door and enter that room: that tobacco! Incense is the fil rouge.
I could compare this with Salvatore Ferragamo Incese Suede, for the quality, for the incense,for they are all except flat perfumes, but next time the price will make me chose for SF.

EDIT: after 24 hours keeps smelling well on skin vote 9/10 (not 10 /10 just becuase it smells the same way you can smell it after 5 minutes, just a bit softer, now on winter. In my impression during hot seasons lasts shorter and mutates with hours)
On clothes it persists for days

NuclearOud
NuclearOud

"Velvet Desert Oud wafts like a breeze through the dunes of a desert." That sums this fragrance up perfectly for me. It conjures up images of a sultans harem. Beautiful, scantily clad women with heavily mascaraed eyes peeping over there wispy veils. A desert camp of Bedouin tents at sunset with the flickering flames of torches at each entrance.
I don't think it smells anything like Tuscan Leather.

This perfume, to my nose anyway, is exquisite perfection.

kalmutai
kalmutai

Such an amazing perfume. It's obviously a worthy blind buying. If you hate or could not stand the typical Oud scent this perfume is for you. It'll change you perception about Oud and perfumes in general.

Love it and I believe it deserves 10 out of 10

ñasory1994
ñasory1994

عطر راقي جداً بخوري مسكي عود
فخم وجماله بعد بدايته المسكية الحادة قليلاً
Stately and beautiful & muck incens Oud,sharp a bit after beginning

nigelreid77
nigelreid77

Had a demo of this magnificent juice at Saks 5th Ave from the most enthusiastic Italian salesman. He went to lengths to emphasise the exclusivity and about three stores in the US stocking it. The price of this stuff makes it more expensive than liquid gold and I don't think the oud-iness is quite special enough to warrant it. It smelt good but not sufficiently mindblowing to warrant the considerable pricetag.

Wise-222
Wise-222

The soft version of oud wood mixed with tuscan leather
And when it comes down you will notice that it's very close to Black saffron By byredo.

My problem with this fragrance is the longavity which is not more than 5 Hours.

paramedic
paramedic

At the beginning Oud wood by Tom ford
At the end Black saffron by byredo
That's it & that's all
By the way
Black saffron is a soft version of Tuscan leather
Yours

stellamaris61
stellamaris61

I first tested this one alongside Tom Ford's Sahara Noir, which I also love, but the dry down on this is much less men's cologne to me. It drys down much the same as the wet but with a smokey almost piney sweetness.
This is worth the money, absolutely. It's a perfectly blended, gorgeous, intense, full bodied Oud. Just glorious. One spritz lasts 12 or more hours on me, with not a whole lot of morphing. I tested a whole boat load of Oud or the like before settling on this one. Gorgeous.
Also, good for layering, I have put roses or other florals, sweet vanillas (I especially like it with Le Labos Labdanum 18), fruity things, it blends very nicely. A tiny pouf goes a long way.
Totally unisex, but not for the faint of heart. This is the stronges one in this line.

lynwood234
lynwood234

Wow this is an amazing fragrance. It is exotic middle eastern and very beautiful for a men's cologne. when you were it it is like you are the most beautiful middle eastern man who ever lived. It is probably great for women. I have not worn this before but I smelled it 20 feet from the Quatarian wearing it and I ask him. This cologne could be aptly be renamed Absolom.

Muzoona
Muzoona

I found this perfume in my father's room, I had a quick splash on my wrest, and now for two hours Still the perfume is quite good. Very party style. very woody but not for me, as the oud is still strong and covering other notes.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Love this gorgeous fragrance and I'm not understanding the negative reviews below. I have no problems with performance. Although it is similar to Tuscan Leather, there are distinct differences that make this fragrance worthwhile owning. The similar leather note that you are smelling in Tuscan Leather is combined with clean oud, slightly dirty musks, and warm-sweet amber. If you LOVE Tuscan Leather, Montale Aoud Leather, Blood Concept Type-O, Bois 1920 Oro, and Rasasi La Yuqawam Pour Homme, I recommend at least obtaining a sample. I was fortunate to find a bottle on ebay for $120 :)

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

@aphexacid :
Smelled this at Sephora yesterday and had the exact same idea : Tuscan Leather but not half as good. The pricing is hilarious. The fragrance was gone within a few hours after I had sprayed it onto my arm. Velvet Desert Oud was a big disappointment.

aphexacid
aphexacid

Out of all the reviews for this, which are very few anyway, the only one that hit the nail on the head was the guy that said this smells like Tuscan Leather.

This smells like a lighter version of Tuscan Leather. Lighter, with terrible longevity and projection. There's not much else to say. All the ingredients listed go out the window because in the end, it smells like Tuscan Leather. Massive disappointment.
I love Tuscan Leather, but I already have the real deal. Not interested In a cheap overpriced knockoff.

As nice as the packaging looks, when you touch it, it's all very cheap. I really can't believe they have the nerve to charge $280 for this.

Anyone that is interested in this that had as much trouble finding a way to smell it, trust me it's not worth it.

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

Beautiful. Really lovely. Dissapointing lasting power which is a shame as I'd want to smell like this all day. Clearly an Eastern-inspired perfume but this composition never becomes too 'ethnic' to appeal to western tastes. It smells like how I had imagined Sahara Noir would smell presuming from its advertising campaign. Unisex, opulent, smooth, quite sexy, very elegant. Smells conversely both warm like a desert breeze but also cool like a welcome dew, or the sensation of cracking open a watermelon in the baking sun. Double-plus good, just wish for that price that it would last a bit better. He wears aviators and a black shirt and drives a convertible, she wears pointy court shoes, smoky eyeshadow, and a scarf thrown loosely around her head. Her expensive bracelets jangle and chime against his sturdy silver Rolex as they hold hands when no-one is looking.

Guest_theperfumedveil
Guest_theperfumedveil

Quite heavy and pungent. This is sharp, like the ouds I don't like (Kilian, MFK). The packaging is beautiful and the price is a bit high for the amount and lasting power.

Falk
Falk

This one takes me back to my desert trips while I was living in Saudi Arabia. The blend of smokey oud whith a light smell of sweet amber and deep, black, quite animalic musk makes this blend to one of my absolute favourites. Verry high standard of ingridients.

salarz
salarz

This smells like tuscan leather

TravelAge
TravelAge

Agarwood is not actually OUD, they jus call it OUD, but its nothing better, easily available for very low rates in indian markets.

YSL M7 is an example. Now D&G is also in!!

OUD is something dark/black and bitter, giving a smell of smoky hash. Cambodian oud is better. Buy directly some OUD OIL, wear it with any scent a little to get a touch of OUD.

interesnii
interesnii

smelled it yesterday and it is very good - sweet and oud is a nice combination, but it does not last long on me. One of the best fragrances so far.

CagriKahraman
CagriKahraman

Long lasting for sure,but sillage could be a lot better,packaging is exquisite,and the smell ;

Something between Reminiscence Oud & Tom Ford's OudWood with a touch of amber in the top notes.I expected something different but it is not.

Blackandred88
Blackandred88

OMG!

I found the best fragrance in my life.

Think exotic middle eastern men and Women with striking eyes, long lashes in velvet apparel.

Truely incomparable.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.