Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Velvet Desert Oud Dolce&Gabbana for women and men
dislike

oud
smoky

Velvet Desert Oud wafts like a breeze through the dunes of a desert. The fragrance seduces with classic Middle Eastern incense notes topping a heart of mysterious oud and the sweetness and depth of amber. The lingering soft musky base notes leave a final memory of the sweet seduction.

Velvet Desert Oud is an Eau de Parfum available in 50 ml flacons. Velvet Desert Oud was launched in 2013.

Incense Agarwood (Oud) Amber Musk

Tuscan Leather

Velvet Desert Oud Fragrance Reviews

ñasory1994
ñasory1994

عطر راقي جداً بخوري مسكي عود
فخم وجماله بعد بدايته المسكية الحادة قليلاً
Stately and beautiful & muck incens Oud,sharp a bit after beginning

nigelreid77
nigelreid77

Had a demo of this magnificent juice at Saks 5th Ave from the most enthusiastic Italian salesman. He went to lengths to emphasise the exclusivity and about three stores in the US stocking it. The price of this stuff makes it more expensive than liquid gold and I don't think the oud-iness is quite special enough to warrant it. It smelt good but not sufficiently mindblowing to warrant the considerable pricetag.

Wise-222
Wise-222

The soft version of oud wood mixed with tuscan leather
And when it comes down you will notice that it's very close to Black saffron By byredo.

My problem with this fragrance is the longavity which is not more than 5 Hours.

paramedic
paramedic

At the beginning Oud wood by Tom ford
At the end Black saffron by byredo
That's it & that's all
By the way
Black saffron is a soft version of Tuscan leather
Yours

stellamaris61
stellamaris61

I first tested this one alongside Tom Ford's Sahara Noir, which I also love, but the dry down on this is much less men's cologne to me. It drys down much the same as the wet but with a smokey almost piney sweetness.
This is worth the money, absolutely. It's a perfectly blended, gorgeous, intense, full bodied Oud. Just glorious. One spritz lasts 12 or more hours on me, with not a whole lot of morphing. I tested a whole boat load of Oud or the like before settling on this one. Gorgeous.
Also, good for layering, I have put roses or other florals, sweet vanillas (I especially like it with Le Labos Labdanum 18), fruity things, it blends very nicely. A tiny pouf goes a long way.
Totally unisex, but not for the faint of heart. This is the stronges one in this line.

lynwood234
lynwood234

Wow this is an amazing fragrance. It is exotic middle eastern and very beautiful for a men's cologne. when you were it it is like you are the most beautiful middle eastern man who ever lived. It is probably great for women. I have not worn this before but I smelled it 20 feet from the Quatarian wearing it and I ask him. This cologne could be aptly be renamed Absolom.

Muzoona
Muzoona

I found this perfume in my father's room, I had a quick splash on my wrest, and now for two hours Still the perfume is quite good. Very party style. very woody but not for me, as the oud is still strong and covering other notes.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Love this gorgeous fragrance and I'm not understanding the negative reviews below. I have no problems with performance. Although it is similar to Tuscan Leather, there are distinct differences that make this fragrance worthwhile owning. The similar leather note that you are smelling in Tuscan Leather is combined with clean oud, slightly dirty musks, and warm-sweet amber. If you LOVE Tuscan Leather, Montale Aoud Leather, Blood Concept Type-O, Bois 1920 Oro, and Rasasi La Yuqawam Pour Homme, I recommend at least obtaining a sample. I was fortunate to find a bottle on ebay for $120 :)

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

@aphexacid :
Smelled this at Sephora yesterday and had the exact same idea : Tuscan Leather but not half as good. The pricing is hilarious. The fragrance was gone within a few hours after I had sprayed it onto my arm. Velvet Desert Oud was a big disappointment.

aphexacid
aphexacid

Out of all the reviews for this, which are very few anyway, the only one that hit the nail on the head was the guy that said this smells like Tuscan Leather.

This smells like a lighter version of Tuscan Leather. Lighter, with terrible longevity and projection. There's not much else to say. All the ingredients listed go out the window because in the end, it smells like Tuscan Leather. Massive disappointment.
I love Tuscan Leather, but I already have the real deal. Not interested In a cheap overpriced knockoff.

As nice as the packaging looks, when you touch it, it's all very cheap. I really can't believe they have the nerve to charge $280 for this.

Anyone that is interested in this that had as much trouble finding a way to smell it, trust me it's not worth it.

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

Beautiful. Really lovely. Dissapointing lasting power which is a shame as I'd want to smell like this all day. Clearly an Eastern-inspired perfume but this composition never becomes too 'ethnic' to appeal to western tastes. It smells like how I had imagined Sahara Noir would smell presuming from its advertising campaign. Unisex, opulent, smooth, quite sexy, very elegant. Smells conversely both warm like a desert breeze but also cool like a welcome dew, or the sensation of cracking open a watermelon in the baking sun. Double-plus good, just wish for that price that it would last a bit better. He wears aviators and a black shirt and drives a convertible, she wears pointy court shoes, smoky eyeshadow, and a scarf thrown loosely around her head. Her expensive bracelets jangle and chime against his sturdy silver Rolex as they hold hands when no-one is looking.

theperfumedveil
theperfumedveil

Quite heavy and pungent. This is sharp, like the ouds I don't like (Kilian, MFK). The packaging is beautiful and the price is a bit high for the amount and lasting power.

Falk
Falk

This one takes me back to my desert trips while I was living in Saudi Arabia. The blend of smokey oud whith a light smell of sweet amber and the musk in the background makes this blend to my absolute favourite. Verry high standard of ingridients.

salarz
salarz

This smells like tuscan leather

TravelAge
TravelAge

Agarwood is not actually OUD, they jus call it OUD, but its nothing better, easily available for very low rates in indian markets.

YSL M7 is an example. Now D&G is also in!!

OUD is something dark/black and bitter, giving a smell of smoky hash. Cambodian oud is better. Buy directly some OUD OIL, wear it with any scent a little to get a touch of OUD.

interesnii
interesnii

smelled it yesterday and it is very good - sweet and oud is a nice combination, but it does not last long on me. One of the best fragrances so far.

CagriKahraman
CagriKahraman

Long lasting for sure,but sillage could be a lot better,packaging is exquisite,and the smell ;

Something between Reminiscence Oud & Tom Ford's OudWood with a touch of amber in the top notes.I expected something different but it is not.

Blackandred88
Blackandred88

OMG!

I found the best fragrance in my life.

Think exotic middle eastern men and Women with striking eyes, long lashes in velvet apparel.

Truely incomparable.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.