Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Velvet Love Dolce&Gabbana for women
dislike

yellow floral
Velvet Love Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

Velvet Love by Dolce&Gabbana is a Floral fragrance for women. Velvet Love was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux. The fragrance features carnation, ylang-ylang and pepper.

Carnation Ylang-Ylang Pepper

Caron Piu Bellodgia (2013)

Velvet Love Fragrance Reviews

zoebo1403
zoebo1403

Tried this today and instant love. It contains 2 of my favourite notes, Carnation and Ylang, so i am not surprised i love it. It reminds me of the other creamy carnation in my collection, Fragonard Billet Doux, with a serious dash of creamy ylang. The pepper is hardly noticable imo. The price scares me though, i am used to buying niche and rare. Guerlains, but when it hits 200 euros......

mena
mena

I love Serge Lutens fragrances, but I was looking for carnation and vitriol by SL was too far away from what I was chasing
This D&G is wonderful, and if you close your eyes you can find a Serge Lutens woman walking with naked feet on a Mediterranean beach, the carnality of D&G married the sensuality of Lutens.
It is D&G Velvet Love yes, but remind me SL......
in his best

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I was hoping not to love this one, but I do. Carnation, pepper, and that sweet D&G dry down. What's not to love? The price! $200+ for 50mls AND it's only currently sold at Harrods. OMG this seriously smells like a cross between the ylang-ylang in Guerlain Ylang-Vanille and the carnation in Wicked Wahine. It's so smooth and rich. The pepper is exactly the right amount and the carnation, which is sometimes too sharp is actually perfect in this. It smells fresh and bright. The musky D&G base is slightly sweet and super sexy. It's the same base as in D&G Pour Femme - in the last part of the dry down - the only difference is this has a drop dead gorgeous smooth carnation rather than marshmallow. It really does smell like a velvety carnation.

On my other wrist, I tested Villoresi Garofano, which is much too sharp, to my surprise since I love Villoresi, but this D&G wins hands down. No contest.

theperfumedveil
theperfumedveil

Besides the two ouds, this is the only other velvet that I like from this brand. At first it smelled of cinnamon and spice with rose. Then the rose became softer and the pepper came to the front. It is kind of similar to the Tender Oud. I like it but why is this selling for so much more than the store price? It should be no more than $210, and on ebay, one can get it for under $200.

Blackandred88
Blackandred88

I love this! It reminds me of an intense version of rose the one but with out the vanilla and rose smell if you get what I mean. Very rich and delicate something you can wear out or enjoy the glamour it provokes. Definitely something very beautiful

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

how much pepper would you say is in here? i love love carnations, but they always pair it with pepper, which is a note i can never do... is it strong in this composition?

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A candy-floral opening, drying down to a sweet floral...nothing special here for me, not a bad fragrance, just not noteworthy nor worth the $$$.

talnyc

Update #2: I went back to Saks today 05/16/12, and I confirmed with the D&G salesperson that there is NO vanilla in the composition.

Hooray!

talnyc

Update: When the fragrance dries down, I smell vanilla. I am not a fan of vanilla. The top and middle notes are great, but 4 hours later, I smell a clear vanilla scent on me, which I am not a fan of.
The problem is that from what I can see, the fragrance has carnation, pink pepper and ylang-ylang.
Is there vanilla in this fragrance?

talnyc

I bought this fragrance today at Saks and I really like it. It is a very nice floral. The pink peppercorn tones down the floral, so that it is not over powering. It is a very refreshing floral. It smells velvety, but you can wear it through the day.
The packaging is beautiful. It is as if you bought an expensive piece of jewelry.

I can wear this fragrance all year long. I cannot wait to see what responses I receive when I wear it.

mseidoom
mseidoom

This is a beautiful bottle. I am hoping the fragrance will be spectacular.

Velvet Love by Dolce&Gabbana 3.07 out of 5 based on 27 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Love by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Love by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Desire Dolce&Gabbana Rose The One Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud Dolce&Gabbana Dolce&Gabbana Pour Femme Elie Saab Le Parfum Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie Chanel Chanel No 19 EDP Gucci Flora by Gucci Gracious Tuberose Guerlain Insolence Versace Versace Prada L`Eau Ambree Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Tender Oud Tom Ford Noir de Noir Dior Diorissimo Guerlain Idylle Tom Ford Violet Blonde Tom Ford Tuscan Leather Salvatore Ferragamo Attimo L`Eau Florale Guerlain Tonka Imperiale Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin