Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Velvet Vetiver Dolce&Gabbana for women and men

Velvet Vetiver Dolce&Gabbana for women and men
dislike

Velvet Vetiver Dolce&Gabbana for women and men Pictures

Velvet Vetiver by Dolce&Gabbana is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Velvet Vetiver was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux. The fragrance features vetiver, galbanum and black fig.

Vetiver Galbanum black fig

Velvet Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is a fantastic clean and fresh vetiver. It does not amaze me with its complexity, but it is one of the best clean and fresh style vetiver scents on the market IMO. Price is high, but so is the quality. I have a small decant, but might spring for a bottle next spring. The problem for me is that it isn't unique enough to justify the price or the need for a whole bottle.

Update. The more I use this one, the more I find that it is just a bit too "velvety" for my tastes. It almost gives off a baby powder vibe at drydown. I am now leaning back towards Creed's Vetiver as it is more linear and performs better imo.

My Score: 8.0

ularewolf
ularewolf

I just got this fragrance in the mail today, blind bought it and unwary as to how I would enjoy it. The only current vetiver frags I own are BdC and EN. (I smell a lot of vetiver on BdC's drydown)

I must say I'm surprised how much I so far enjoy it. The opening is one of the tastiest smells I've experienced. It smells of green, wet, juicy and something edible.

After about 10 minutes the fig comes out to play and adds an almost semi-powdery vibe to the fragrance. It's a fairly aromatic fragrance, I can see this being used in many situations. It is for sure versatile.

I will have to do a full wearing to dictate projection/longevity, and maybe uncover the scent more as time goes on. I will also make a YouTube video on my thoughts.

Scent alone though I am so far enjoying it. To be updated.

kazewayz
kazewayz

It was a nice opening of the vetiver note. This one is sweet, earthy, aromatic, and green of course. Good for any ocassion, mainly for the day time. Unisex? Yes. Too pricy for the juice though. Try it.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A rather strange opening of a very slight vetiver combined with a slightly green, bitter note, akin to pineapple, strangely enough. The dry-down revealed a coconut-like note on my skin, and within about an hour, there was nothing left...not on my short list, nor my long list, for sure!

antonpan
antonpan

Unfortunately, the quality of Velvet Collection doesn't fit the price ($200). The one scent that I can highlight is Velvet Desire, an intense and powerful white floral with an accent on tuberose.
To say about Velvet Vetiver, it quite reminded me of Hugo Boss Bottled Sport, but with better components. This is rather citrusy and summery vetiver scent. Vetiver here is not oily or smoky but green in a modern way and I don't find this modernity sophisticated enough for the hi-end fragrance.

finzi
finzi

This is gorgeous! Reminds me of Hermes Vetiver Tonka, but D&G's Velvet Vetiver is softened by fig rather than the overtly sweet tonka bean. I tend to find the vetiver in Vetiver Tonka a little strong for my taste and it can give me a headache, but it's well balanced here.

The opening is a vetiver powerhouse but after a few minutes it calms right down and the fig comes through with a soft creaminess. I think the vetiver and fig work perfectly together. The end result is sophisticated and well-rounded. Some may feel that it lacks complexity but I (uneducated heathen that I am) see nothing wrong with a simple scent that is well executed.

I highly recommend sampling it if you get the chance. I wish I could wear it, but it's too masculine for me. I think this is definitely a man's fragrance.

bp
bp

It seems to me to be very good.
In fact, this whole new range seems to be very good.
Each time I am more impressed with D&G.
In addition to perfumes, is a brand that has been stated in all areas in which it involves.
Cheers, that's what I want to D&G.

Velvet Vetiver by Dolce&Gabbana 4.03 out of 5 based on 42 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Vetiver by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Vetiver by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Guerlain Tonka Imperiale Creed Virgin Island Water Guerlain Cuir Beluga Mona di Orio Les Nombres d`Or Vanille Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Creed Aventus Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Serge Lutens Chergui Tom Ford Atelier d’Orient Plum Japonais Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Tom Ford Noir de Noir Hermes Hermessence Ambre Narguile Tom Ford Tuscan Leather Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Oud Royal Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Wood Tom Ford Italian Cypress Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris Tom Ford Amber Absolute