Designers » D E » Leather « Groups

Velvet Wood Dolce&Gabbana for women and men
dislike

leather
Velvet Wood Dolce&Gabbana for women and men Pictures

Velvet Wood by Dolce&Gabbana is a Leather fragrance for women and men. Velvet Wood was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux. The fragrance features ebony wood, benzoin and leather.

Ebony Wood Benzoin Leather

I Love New York for Marriage Equality
Gucci Rush for Men

Velvet Wood Fragrance Reviews

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

This is such a pleasing scent. So sexy and warm yet fresh and woody. The retail price is an absolute joke, but it can be found for between $110-$140 if you look in the right places.

Scent - 10/10
Longevity 6/10
Projection 6/10
Overall 8/10

I've been wearing{ 4-5 sprays} of this since I got it for about a week now guys and I must say, the longevity is actually very much better than I initially portrayed. It's the projection that doesn't last as long as I wish but i along with others can smell this as I move around 8+ hours later. I am confident to say, at this point in time this is probably THE BEST SMELLING scent I currently own in my collection. It really is. It smells so good. If you like stuff like, Hermes TDH, or sir li nil, fresh woody scents , then blind buy this, other wise...get a sample asap!

New fragrance review just posted on YouTube about this fragrance too, my channel is ConsumerThis

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Ahhhh man....what a great woody fragrance. It is what it says it is....wood....but the benzoin helps it become so much more.

The picture it paints me is....walking into a lumber yard on a hot day. The fresh cut wood is very moist and fresh. Not much more than that, but it doesn't need to be.

As it seems with all my favorite smells, the longevity seems to lack, big time as well with the projection....

It's very odd because at first spray it seems its going to be very heavy and cloying, but 5 minutes later it becomes very quiet close to the skin. 2 Hours after I sprayed my hand twice, the smell is very faint.....it's a bummer.

scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 3/10

Overall: I would purchase if the performance was better.

EDIT******: Okay after a lot of debating I have decided to make the purchase. It's still very faint on the card, but the whiffs keep me coming back for more. It's almost addictive wanting to smell the sweet resinous wood....man oh man.

houstcs
houstcs

One of the better of the velvet collection I have tested. It's subtle, but good. Id pay 30$ for a bottle and be happy I own it. Not 270-500$ even if I were bill gates. Another Gucci pour homme I wannabe.

persefoni
persefoni

Very nice warm woody scent, medium sillage and mediocre duration, on my skin at least...

270 Euros here in Greece. I guess the target group are the tourists from the Arabian Emirates, and the unfaithful husbands who want to make it up to their wives, as a divorce and alimony for the rest of their lives will cost them an arm and both legs... With this perfume, they save the legs at least!

nonsisa
nonsisa

Pros: Nice leather accord

Just tested about 20 different high end designers and Velvet Wood was by far the most outstanding scent of them all.

I get a nice leather accord very well blended with wood. I'm not sure if it's ebony wood alone but the combination seems fabulous.

This is a fragrance with high potential to make someone addicted!

4 thumbs up!

kazewayz
kazewayz

Only got wood out of this. A nice scent, not too strong. Warm, spicy, balmy. Not too much going on here. I liked it, but not too crazy about it. Too expensive for what it is. Try it.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Wood Perfume for women 1.6 oz Eau De Parfum

Price: $475.99
Really!!!! ugh!

dormir6
dormir6

Autumn leaves; you may try Montale Patchouli leaves or Les Nereides Patchouli Antique. Both are very autumn frags, with leaves in the background. The Montale is a little bit aristrocratic; cognac, tobacco, chocolate, wealthy library. Les Nereides is much more animalistic and close to nature.

kateridelisle
kateridelisle

I'm seeking a fragrance that has the scent of damp Autumn leaves in a forest. Any suggestions?

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A vague woody fragrance, with limited development. Did not get any leather here at all, just the wood.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Hmmm, D & G do a Lutens? I'll be interested to see what these smell like - it would be nice to purchase decent 'nichey' fragrances but made easily available. Maybe they will return to 'By' form with these or even better, hopefully.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Wood by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Wood by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.