Designers » D E » Leather « Groups

Velvet Wood Dolce&Gabbana for women and men
dislike

leather
Velvet Wood Dolce&Gabbana for women and men Pictures

Velvet Wood by Dolce&Gabbana is a Leather fragrance for women and men. Velvet Wood was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux. The fragrance features ebony wood, benzoin and leather.

Ebony Wood Benzoin Leather

I Love New York for Marriage Equality

Velvet Wood Fragrance Reviews

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

This is such a pleasing scent. So sexy and warm yet fresh woody scent. The retail price is an absolute joke, but who cares as its only $108 shipped on beauty spin.com.
My ONLY problem with this fragrance is its longevity. I honestly feel like these companies are slapping an EDP label on their flankers thinking that's what sells but not backing the concentration level up. I could see it not being a big deal on a regular designer line, but an exclusive line? Come on
Ebony wood, benzoin and leather work together in such a electrifying way. I read by one of my favorite perfumers Andy tauer "creating a fragrance to smell so wonderful with just a few notes is much harder to do than with a list of great smelling notes" and this is a great example. This is a crowd pleasing scent all the way.
Scent - 10/10
Longevity 6/10
Projection 6.;/10
Overall 8/10
If the longevity was better and the price was less or if it came in a 100ml to spray more to make up for longevity issues, this would be a 10/10 fragrance. The smell is do pleasing I am comfortable with making that statement.

Edit update ***
I've been wearing{ 4-5 sprays} of this since I got it shipped from beautyspin for $108 by the way, for about a week now guys and I must say, the longevity is actually very much better than I initially portrayed. It's the projection that doesn't last as long as I wish but i along with others can smell this as I move around 8+ hours later. I am confident to say, at this point in time this is probably THE BEST SMELLING scent I currently own in my collection. It really is. It smells so damn good. I must give props to the guy below my post for giving me some free samples after buying a bottle off him off eBay, talk about a small world lol.

houstcs
houstcs

One of the better of the velvet collection I have tested. It's subtle, but good. Id pay 30$ for a bottle and be happy I own it. Not 270-500$ even if I were bill gates. Another Gucci pour homme I wannabe.

persefoni
persefoni

Very nice warm woody scent, medium sillage and mediocre duration, on my skin at least...

270 Euros here in Greece. I guess the target group are the tourists from the Arabian Emirates, and the unfaithful husbands who want to make it up to their wives, as a divorce and alimony for the rest of their lives will cost them an arm and both legs... With this perfume, they save the legs at least!

nonsisa
nonsisa

Pros: Nice leather accord

Just tested about 20 different high end designers and Velvet Wood was by far the most outstanding scent of them all.

I get a nice leather accord very well blended with wood. I'm not sure if it's ebony wood alone but the combination seems fabulous.

This is a fragrance with high potential to make someone addicted!

4 thumbs up!

kazewayz
kazewayz

Only got wood out of this. A nice scent, not too strong. Warm, spicy, balmy. Not too much going on here. I liked it, but not too crazy about it. Too expensive for what it is. Try it.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Wood Perfume for women 1.6 oz Eau De Parfum

Price: $475.99
Really!!!! ugh!

dormir6
dormir6

Autumn leaves; you may try Montale Patchouli leaves or Les Nereides Patchouli Antique. Both are very autumn frags, with leaves in the background. The Montale is a little bit aristrocratic; cognac, tobacco, chocolate, wealthy library. Les Nereides is much more animalistic and close to nature.

kateridelisle
kateridelisle

I'm seeking a fragrance that has the scent of damp Autumn leaves in a forest. Any suggestions?

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A vague woody fragrance, with limited development. Did not get any leather here at all, just the wood.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Hmmm, D & G do a Lutens? I'll be interested to see what these smell like - it would be nice to purchase decent 'nichey' fragrances but made easily available. Maybe they will return to 'By' form with these or even better, hopefully.

Velvet Wood by Dolce&Gabbana 3.81 out of 5 based on 49 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Wood by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Wood by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Tom Ford Oud Wood Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris Tom Ford Noir de Noir Creed Aventus Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Tom Ford Amber Absolute Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Vetiver Nasomatto Black Afgano By Kilian Straight to Heaven Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste Serge Lutens Chergui Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb Dolce&Gabbana Velvet Patchouli Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rodriguez for Her Eau de Parfum Creed Jardin d’Amalfi Gucci Gucci pour Homme Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche