Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Don Algodon Don Algodon for women

Don Algodon Don Algodon for women
dislike

Don Algodon Don Algodon for women Pictures Don Algodon Don Algodon for women Pictures Don Algodon Don Algodon for women Pictures

Don Algodón, launched the 1985, is a feminine floral scent, crisp and slightly sweet, with a powdery background.

Top notes: bergamot, mandarin and lemon. Heart: jasmine, tuberose, lily of the valley. Base: amber, cedar, vetiver and musk.

It is available in bottles of 50, 100 and 200 ml with an accompanying collection for body care.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange

Jasmine Tuberose Lily-of-the-Valley Lily

Vetiver Musk Virginia Cedar Amber

Eau de Givenchy
Anais Anais

Don Algodon Fragrance Reviews

Loca del Tó
Loca del Tó

A classic from the eighties that shares some notes with Loulou (even thought this is older) but much lighter, simpler, fresher and with bitter citric notes and a bit more soapy and aquatic. It´s one of those smells you can´t describe accurately and you can´t forget once smelled because it´s so well formulated and rounded. It has lots of character and it remains widely popular in Spain even in the middle of those fruity fragances so widespread nowadays. It has a moderate sillage and an acceptable longevity for an EDT. Cheap, you can buy a 100ml flask for 12-18€ practically everywhere from El Corte Inglés to Carrefour and smaller supermarkets around the corner. It´s beautiful in its simplicity and it compliments nicely with Lou Lou as a daily, soapy, fresher fragance for "the day after" Lou Lou. During the late 80´s and the 90´s it was the signature fragance of many Spanish girls who wanted something a bit more sophisticated and distinctive than Farala, Giovanna, Ragatza, Chispas, Verte, Pitiusa, Clyo, Eau Jeunne, Zinnia or Estivalia but still remains popular with all ages. Fresh, clean, a little bit soapy and powdery and perfect for hot days. Some people find this a bit heavy but it really is soft and nice and I wouldn´t say it is heavy: it´s not a bath cologne either because it has a moderate longevity perhaps not wearable under 45ºC-50ºC but good for summer mornings and evenings around 35ºC. It´s so widespread that almost every household in Spain has or had one bottle of this sometime. It had various flankers, one of them, Don Algodón Suspiro from the 90´s was also very popular and widespread and was much more similar to Lou Lou but more citric, more inciensey, less heady, lighter and less sweet. Its a pity Suspiro is discontinued. There´s a newer flanker from 2010, Don Algodón Sweet and Sexy wich is just another generic sweet fragance that smells of marshmallows and it seems to be very succesful I suppose because of the popularity of sugary fragances nowadays. If you come across Sweet and Sexy give it a pass and go rather for the original Don Algodón if you want something unexpensive and light but with some character and a smell you won´t forget.

As a curiosity, Don Algodón started as a posh clothes trademark similar to Benetton and then they got into the fragances business. Don Algodón clothes broke down and dissapeared and today only remains as an EDTs trademark into the Puig house.

Desconocida
Desconocida

A mí no me gusta nada, me huele mal, y eso que por las notas me tendría que gustar. Me regalaron dos botes. El primero lo fui usando para echarlo en la ropa y el segundo ya no fui capaz de usarlo (me olía mucho peor, más fuerte) y tuve que regalarlo. Quizá sea cosa de mi piel. En cambio los minifruits que comenta Yessamin sí que me encantaban.

ZELJO
ZELJO

the girl in the second picture is Edurne in 2006, she was don algodon image back then and next may 2015 she will represent Spain in the Eurovision song contest

Yessamin
Yessamin

Cuando era pequeña, los reyes magos me regalaron los minifruits de don algodón, son muy parecidos en forma a esta botella, solo que de colores y un poco más pequeños. Cada pack estaba formado por 3 botellines de olores distintos. El primero estaba formado por 3 aromas, uno de manzana, fresa y mandarina. La versión tropical llevaba plátano, lima y piña. A ver si la cuelgan en la web! Un saludo. Todavía tengo la colección entera :D

Rukiakiss
Rukiakiss

I have been looking for this fragrance since I was 7 or 8 that my dad gave it to me as a gift once. I have no idea where can I get it but I want it because it's one of those scents that you attach with memories. I almost cried when I saw this!

iravampira
iravampira

A mi me dura mucho el aroma, sobretodo si pulverizo la ropa. Es un clásico en Espanya, para todas las edades.

Erinlu
Erinlu

Muy fresca y juvenil.Lo malo es la poquisima duración y el bote que no tiene pulverizador,al menos cuando yo la usaba.

Conacha
Conacha

I started wearing this when I was 8 or 9 years old I think. I went through bottles of this stuff, so you could say it was my "signature" at the time.
I can't remember that well the scent (I stopped wearing this when I was 13, then it was discontinued... now I'm 23), but this is part of my childhood. A fresh yet girly scent, citrusy and aquatic but a bit powdery. The staying power sucked, but if you think that I was a little girl almost bathing on the stuff, this was perfect.

SandraS
SandraS

I love this scent... its fresh and original and its more a cologne thant an actual perfume. the staying power is non-existant but layerd with the body lotion it lasted a few hours. In fact I used to wear only the body lotion and shower gel, which are great!

Maeva
Maeva

A true icon of the eighties and nineties in my country, a must-have for any fashionable girl of the time. It's crisp and uplifting, and also quite woody and soapy. Somewhat aquatic too. Its main downfall is its terrible staying power (less than one hour on my skin!).

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Don Algodon Don Algodon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Don Algodon Don Algodon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Don Algodon by Don Algodon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Don Algodon by Don Algodon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.