Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Cashmere Mist Donna Karan for women

leather
Cashmere Mist Donna Karan for women Videos
Cashmere Mist Donna Karan for women Pictures Cashmere Mist Donna Karan for women Pictures Cashmere Mist Donna Karan for women Pictures Cashmere Mist Donna Karan for women Pictures

The real cashmere essence is in the base of this warm and sensual fragrance. The perfume is gentle and powdery, with warm, woody notes. The main notes are Moroccan jasmine, lily, bergamot, sandalwood, amber and musk. It was launched in 2004. Cashmere Mist was launched in 1994.

Bergamot

You are Divine

Cashmere Mist Fragrance Reviews

babydoll2014
babydoll2014

Love the interplay of musk and suede and wish the latter was more pronounced. Bought it on an impulse and unfortunately like powdery aspect doesn't agree with my nose. For those who enjoy powder, I have a 100ml bottle of this minus a couple of sprays and can send out 10ml decants for the cost of 2 Starbucks lattes + shipping. PM if interested :)

CarmendyNola
CarmendyNola

Wearing this today! It's one of my classic go-to day scents. I have the body lotion as well to pair with the EDT. This is one scent that I won't wear without it's accompanying body lotion. I do wear the lotion by itself sometimes for a softer touch that still lasts all day. I'd say if your thinking about picking this one up, start with the body lotion first, I know that sounds unusual but trust me it's really beautiful.

The fragrance is definitely powdery and creamy foremost but with enough complexity to wear pretty much any time and any season. It's a very relaxing scent, with middle notes of clean cotton and amber that are light and really pleasant. I'm certain its because of the lotion, but I can really smell this on me for a long time after I apply it (been on me since 9a.m. and its almost 2p.m. and its still very present.) OH and ladies, guys love this one. I don't know why but I think because its so natural and soft. Either way, its a keeper.

blue_belle
blue_belle

Another one from Mom! Lovely on her, awful on me. On her it's very soft and even though it's powdery I wouldn't describe it as "baby powder" at all. It's woody and sueded, a mature woman's powder fragrance. It's not my favorite, because powder scents in general aren't my favorite, but I like it and it suits her well as a daytime scent.

On me...I think I'm scrubbing this off. It's almost sickeningly sweet, and extraordinarily powdery. I think I've smelled this before in old scented toiletries, but not the luxurious kind everyone wants. No, thank you! Perhaps I should stay away from Mom's perfumes completely. This one is a hideous monster on me.

Lacrimosa
Lacrimosa

❀ I love powdery fragrances. I also like floral fragrances but I want flowers to be nicely blended with the other ingredients.
In my opinion, Casmere Mist is a perfume for dynamic women (wood, suede) with romantic soul (and there comes the jasmine!)
It is intense at first but once it settles on the skin it becomes soo creamy...!

Opening-Note
Opening-Note

I have a story for this one:
When I was about 8 years old, my siblings and I were out shopping with my father at Dillard's (we frequented Dillard's until that particular one was closed). We finished the day, and when we walked out to the car, one of the sales managers at the perfume counter was having car trouble. My father works on cars for a living, and he saw that she was having a problem and somehow fixed it on the sport (I don't remember exactly how-- this was about a decade ago). After he was finished, the lady went back into the store, and a few minutes later came back with a bottle of this. He originally gave it to my sister and me, but we were too young to really know what to do with it, so I gave it to our then-stepmother. She adored it and promised to wear it only on special occasions. I didn't realize then what a big deal Donna Karen was or how expensive that bottle of perfume was, but I'll never forget how happy my stepmother was to get that bottle of perfume that she otherwise would never have been able to have.

bridgette
bridgette

Starts out harsh soapy and lemony (hurts my nose), then comes lemony baby powder. Definitely need to give this one 10 minutes to dry before taking a whiff.

stillsinnend
stillsinnend

Initially, I was infatuated with the idea of this perfume. The flacon is a rare beauty in the perfume world and the name suggests warmth, coziness and just the right amount of depth and mystery. Based on that, you'd expect a dream in a bottle come true.
When I first tried Cashmere mist, I was, indeed, pleased with its subtlety and charm. Most of all, it's a warm and inviting fragrance and I can easily understand why so many women swear by it as their signature. However, I do not find it particularly interesting or original in any way. Maybe it is not supposed to be that at all. It exists perfectly fine in its simplicity and warmth and does not pretend to be what it is not, for which it deserves respect in the rather loud perfume world nowadays. If you want the scent equivalent of a warm cashmere scarf or sweater, you are probably familiar with Cashmere mist already.
I, personally, will remain true to my NOA, which has a little something that surprises and charms me again and again. This is the kind of element I do not find present in Cashmere mist.

Fonna2
Fonna2

I looked at the notes and was absolutely shocked!

It's smells like someone came up to me , blinded me with baby powder, and when the haze disipated, I was left with giant marigolds in a giant coffee latte!!

For goodness sake, yes...yes I tasted it to see if it tasted like coffee. Lord knows it smelled like I spilled it on myself, why not?

Then, wait for it , wait for it....is that Carnation Instant Breakfast steeped in marigolds? Oh noes.

Out of all of it, it's marigolds and sweetened vanilla milk.
One hour later: Burnt vanilla cookies.

Not a fan.

layla7658
layla7658

It may be just my skin, but I don't get any powdery notes, and slightly a few musky. On the contrary, I get a lot of jasmine - which is great for me! - and woody. Really beautifull perfume, and I think I will wear it in both summer and winter! Good longevity.

elph
elph

Oh, how I love this fragrance. It's so deep and mysterious. The suede note turns distinctly masculine on me, but it is gone in an instant leaving wood and spice in its wake for a nice long drydown.

ShellBelle
ShellBelle

I am surprised at how much I am loving this! I got a sample from Sephora because I wanted to try some different notes. I really thought this was going to be too musky and powdery for me but I adore it! Vanilla, sandalwood, musk makes this a very cozy scent. Yum!

Sharkington
Sharkington

I have the EDP version of this scent and on paper, this isn't one I would normally go for, but I did. I do like fresh scents to wear to work or for very casual occasions, but this one is definitely very clean and powdery. It smells very mature and elegant to me - something my mother would wear, which is funny because the first time she smelled it on me, she expressed her approval immediately. I don't think this compliments my personality, but it is just one of those distinctive scents that I really like. I don't wear this out much, but prefer wearing it around the house, after i shower (even though that doesn't give this perfume justice). Cashmere Mist is definitely not a perfume for everyone and I can completely understand how some people dislike this scent. For those who do like it, give both the EDP and EDT tries. I notice some people complaining about how this doesn't last long, so go for the EDP (it comes in a transparent bottle, rather than opaque). The smell is also a bit more piercing in the EDP at first (though it tones down as it ages on the skin), where the EDT is softer. The differences are enough that you will want to test them both out.

cloverstatic
cloverstatic

At first this smelled lovely, warm and sexy without being too musky but as time went on the warmth turned to powdery and I began to smell like a sexy grandma. Powder always seems to dominate on my skin and so I try to avoid scents with it but this was just a sample so I was curious.. now I know. The powder also seemed to make the musk seem sharper... cheaper? almost? so if you have powder issues like me.. well.... def try before you buy.

bonnie52
bonnie52

It's a beautiful powdery scent but is extremely light. The saleslady told my husband it was very popular among health workers. Must be because it's barely noticeable. It is not cheap and you have to douse yourself to be noticed. What a shame.

amyewest
amyewest

A pleasant, sweet, lightly leathery scent. My initial reaction was "meh", but it's starting to grow on me. Sillage is very light. Not sure of longevity. I smell no citrus or distinct flowers, but the sweetness doesn't smell exclusively like vanilla, so they must be in there. Oddly, the attractive thing about Cashmere Mist is that CM smells like a just worn sweater which has the remains of another of one's perfume on it. Cool effect. Possibly when I finish my other comfort scents I'd consider this one.

missmaggiebeth
missmaggiebeth

I remember trying out this perfume soon after it was released. It smelled awful on me. I've continued searching for a perfume that was like this perfume smelled on others and never had any luck finding something quite as elegant and comforting at the same time.

I tried it again with a small sample I had dismissed for so long based on my first experience. Wow! It is amazing. It has a powder that is nothing like baby powder yet is so comforting. It lasts well into the next day with a powdery vanilla scent. It has moved to the top of my must have list. I am so happy I revisited this scent. I can't get enough of it!

veenuh
veenuh

I'm sorry to say but I do not like this fragrance. I bought this hoping I'll love it seeing that it's a powdery musky vanilla scent which I love in a perfume but this just doesn't work on me. It smells like a cheap motel. The ones where it has been scrubbed clean but still awoke that all cheap stale smell. Not for me.

CeciliaKu
CeciliaKu

Fragrances don't usually get cozier or creamier than this. Cashmere Mist gives me that calm, tranquil feeling, a sense of peaceful, uninterrupted sleep.

Creamy, powdery and somewhat milky, the colour white is a perfect way of describing this fragrance. It's pretty yet also sensual, very feminine and addictive.

Cashmere Mist is neither too floral, too powdery, too vanillary or too creamy. It's a nicely balanced blend, pleasing to almost every nose. It is true that there are many scents out there that are similar to Cashmere Mist, however I do still refer to this fragrance as being one of a kind.

galaxy86
galaxy86

I just sampled this in sephora since I wasnt sure of the blandness of the perfume. And thank God I did. Something is so sweet about this perfume even though its not mentioned in notes that it makes me nauseate. And this is the ONLY perfume that made me do that in hundreds of perfumes I have tried and used in my life. Please sample this before you buy.

arlina1
arlina1

I love love love this perfume.... in the bottle. When it is on me it morphs to some stinky rotten wood doused with used baby powder smell. Not good. I have smelled it on other women and it smells great. I would suggest not buying blind. Do a test run first. I still sniff it in the store wishing it would stay that way.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Normally, I like (if not LOVE) sandalwood, amber and musk on my skin but I do not know nor understand what ingredient it was in this fragrance that made me excuse myself to the loo so I can wash it off. It lacked personality and the blast of alcohol wasn't wearing off on me. Mind you...I'm not the kind to immediately smell my wrist soon as I apply nor rub my wrists together to warm it up. I let it evaporate at its own pace and allow it to sing to me.

My body chemistry and this was so out of tune I felt like a victim of a bar brawl where someone bashed a bottle of booze over my head and I had push my way out of it by shoving my middle aged croonies aside during 80s night. Yes, I feel like I would smell like that sort of scenario. It was a combination of other people's scents intermixed with flying alcohol.

Kudos to you if you can wear this and smell lovely, I know you're out there. But, on me...this was a definite pass.

ray_archangel
ray_archangel

to me it feels very generic and boring, I am afraid :S I mostly feel soft musk.
It's a nice fragrance for everyday use, but there are many fragrances like this out there that are much cheaper.

onigirimelon
onigirimelon

This perfume is probably my favorite. On me it smells like a combination of vanilla and jasmine with a smokey hint of sandalwood and a little lily. There's also something else, kind of like clean linen but a little warmer. It was a light, sweet scent on me. But it also has a little spice also. I don't get the powdery smell or chemical smell a lot of people are talking about at all. Although, I will admit that what I smell in the bottle smells absolutely nothing like how it does when it's on me. This one just fits perfectly with my chemistry and creates a smell that just wraps me up. I always end up sniffing my wrists throughout the day. It also lasts FOREVER on me, I'll put it on in the morning and I can still smell it when I wake up the next day. Not to mention whenever I wear this I get complimented far more then I do with any other perfume I've ever worn. I even get quite a few strangers who come up to ask me what I'm wearing. All in all, for me, this perfume just hits all the right marks.

Erin perfume addict
Erin perfume addict

Beautiful, clean and fresh. Classic. I really do love this fragrance, however, I hardly wear it as I find that it's probably best suited for women 55+.

Cw830
Cw830

It's warm but I wouldn't say creamy, it's kinda sizzly to me like carbonation. When I was around 10-12, I would've loved it because I liked warm, musky scents and would have considered the "sizzle" to have been preppy enough for my age. I'm not at all saying this is not a more mature scent because my cousin of the same age said it smelled like old ladies to her. We bought my aunt a mini-kit and she loves it. I would put the top notes as suede, vanilla, amber, musk and woods. The florals are there, but not strong. Wasn't familiar with bergamot at the time, but I see a connection to earl-grey tea. I like it still but can't wear it.

Amazon60
Amazon60

My daughter loves this, so won't ever say this out loud to her. Smells like raid bug spray metal and chemically, not in a good way. Amazing the differences from one nose to another.

Tiktak
Tiktak

When I first smelled this back in the 90's, it didn't exactly rock my boat. But just the other week, I left the house without any fragrance and asked a co-worker is she had anything. She said she had some samples. I sprayed the Cashmere Mist and was instantly enchanted. I guess my chemistry has changed since it first came out. WOW, I just LOVE this now. I went and purchased it at Macy's because they have a really nice set and I got some other great samples. So clean and warm and feminine. This will be my favorite for the holidays.:)

Ayola83
Ayola83

This is the polar opposite of Black Cashmere: it's light, kinda creamy, airy, and not as heavy or intense as its dark sister (and decidedly feminine; no unisex here). But what it does share with its darker sibling is the comfort and warmth. It didn't last too long on my skin, which I didn't like. But it's great for the late summer/early fall days or a year round day scent where it can leave a nice trail (and getting comments all the while).

herreroph
herreroph

I don't like it.
I prefer the version of Bath Body Works, sweetest, sensual and authentic.
Sillage: 2
Longevity: 4

AlexandraM19

Adore Cashmere Mist. My mom used to wear it, so there's some sentimental attachment. Soft and creamy, suede and cashmere. Clean without being scratchy or sterile. Sensual and comforting. Classy!

I love this scent. it's a powdery and soft musk. it reminds me a bit of j lo's glow. this one is much softer tho. very pretty and feminine. I think the suede note is very good. I wear this in all seasons.

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

This is one of they most sensual "clean" scents I have come across.

The jasmine brings a light freshness, in contrast the woods, suede & musk adds an earthy sensual feel.

Vanilla and amber bring these polarizing themes together by adding a soft subtle sweetness that play off both the clean and earthy aspects.

Great mature subtle sensual scent.

Soie
Soie

Sometimes upon first spritz this has a minty medicinal sort of aroma to it which can be off-putting but, after that initial unpleasant blast dies down, the fragrance becomes comforting and feminine with powdery and slightly green opening notes of freshening bergamot, jasmine & LotV floralcy and a suede accord. Clean musk and vanilla soon become evident, along with smooth woody notes.

Hours later most of its notes have faded away, but what endures are sweet vanilla, suede and musk.

A long time favorite of mine.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

I used to love this. Soft and delightful, gentle musk with a hint of vanilla and a slightly toppy green note, which could be Lily of The Valley? Then I met Penhaligons Artemesia, which gave me an eyebrow flash, a dazzling ultrabrite smile and it's phone number as it got into a comfy car with leather seats. I still have three quarters of that original bottle of DK Cashmere, and have since been through 3 x 100ml bottle of Artemsia plus a tin of matching talc for each one. What Cashmere lacks is the soft peachy powdery gust that you get from Artemesia in addition to the base of Cashmere. Had I never met with Penhaligons, I would have still loved Cashmere. Mind you, I have said that about boyfriends. Fickle? Moi? I have standards, that's all. :-)

MzSweetPeach
MzSweetPeach

An intimately powdery, soft and comforting perfume. To smell it is to be wrapped in a lover's embrace during a stormy November night as a fire crackles nearby. Mature but not too old, clean but not overwhelmingly sterile, elegant but not overstated...Cashmere Mist recalls warmth and a schoolgirl's abashed shyness. The message this fragrance sends is safe and inoffensive-- nowhere near approaching the bold precipice of danger. Those looking for complexity or to make a raucous statement should search elsewhere as Cashmere Mist demands nothing of the wearer except pure simplicity. A beautiful, albeit unemotional scent.

äppelpaj
äppelpaj

I don't really like it. The musk is sour and lily of the valley just isn't my cup of tea. It kinda smells a bit aquatic on me. It doesn't smell like cashmere at all.

andabri
andabri

It's a lot of musk, white florals, and sandalwood all under layers of baby powder. It has wafts of sweetness and a little bit of a milky quality.

If they made a grown up version of baby powder I imagine it would smell like this.

This scent reminds me of my grandmother, so I find I find it a very comforting scent. I wouldn't wear this as a scent when I go out, but I like to spray some on every so often and just sniff my wrists and remember my grandmother.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is VERY nice! Sensual is the perfect word to describe it. It's sweet, creamy, and musky, without being bawdy at all.

What an excellent selection of notes! It's rare to see cashmere and suede at the top of the dominant notes, and this is definitely a nice way to appreciate them.

The scent is sweet and creamy, but not in a way that relates to food at all...it's fuzzy, comforting, and warm.

Excellent!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A neutral, light fragrance that quickly morphs from floral-woody notes into a powdery veil. Not offensive, light silage, and very long lasting. Just not memorable in any way...(3)

Jama4
Jama4

Very light and non offensive smell. Reminds me of the candy Lix a stix as soon as I smelled it I was a child again.

Office Safe: yes
Potency: EDP Medium (2-5 sprays) / EDT Light ( 5 or more sprays)
Timing: day time / all year

Will I purchase: undecided

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

stormyla
stormyla

Well, the opening was very nice. Then it started smelling very synthetic. As others have mentioned it finally morphed into Johnson's Baby Powder. It definitely won't be a keeper for me.

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is nice, mild, kind of boring but pleasant. Unfortunatly it has almost zero sillage. Also, I'm in my early 30's and this seems a little too mature for me.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

What an interesting fragrance. At first sniff, it does smell distinctly of “department store”— somewhat generic, clean, sophisticated but not terribly unique. But it grew on me. I just kept sniffing my arm. It has this warm, cozy, musky quality that is very comforting.

I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what it reminded me of…and then it occurred to me…you know the way the house smells the first time you turn on the heat for the first chilly day of autumn, the smell of dust particles warming up….that’s what Cashmere Mist smells like, only sweeter. As though the sugar plum fairy had been leaving magic pixie dust in the heating ducts, and you’ve turned on the heater in some enchanted cottage… It’s musky and woody, with floral notes that seem like dried dreams of flowers rather than actual lily and jasmine. It’s clean and warm (vs clean and crisp); it’s linen that was hung out to dry on a sunny summer day and then stored in a cedar chest until fall. (It is actually quite similar to the many “clean cotton” scents out there, either as body sprays or as candles, especially as it starts to dry down).

This is quite lovely. I thoroughly enjoyed sampling it. I’m not sure I’ll swing for a full priced bottle, but wouldn’t turn one down! Sillage is moderate. Longevity about 3 hours on my skin, then it starts to fade.

Tovah
Tovah

Years ago I was walking through Saks with a friend and I got a whiff of this...not 30 seconds later I owned a bottle of it, and a "stick" perfumed deodorant. I went back home to CA, and Cashmere Mist hadn't launched there with the fanfare it experienced in NY. I swear, everybody and her brother and her dog stopped me to ask what fragrance I was wearing. I worked in downtown Irvine, and I couldn't leave a parking lot without someone demanding to know what scent I was wearing. In Southern CA we were still recovering from being asphyxiated with White Diamonds and Jessica McClintock. The unusual, mysterious woods of Cashmere Mist had a hypnotic effect...even the anti-perspirant smelled beautiful! (If you left it alone with your clothes at the gym, the deodorant would get stolen, but not your clothes or your jewelry...) This is one of those classic, amazing fragrances that changed everything in the perfume world. Unmistakable, unforgettable,and original.

Terranova0
Terranova0

I have the layering set of Cashmere Mist (Body Wash, Lotion, Powder and Eau de Toilette) and am totally enamored with this gentle scent. It's mellow, plush, & soothing. The soft, creamy dusting powder is especially beautiful. This subtle fragrance is perfect for layering.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Heard about this one.... wanted to try it.... forgot all about it until I saw it at Sephora last week. Aaaaand Boooom! ended up purchasing it. All it took was 5 minutes for me to be convinced this is it!
Wonderful white floral-jasmine combination with cashmere, suede and cedar. Even sandalwood and lily of the valley are quite noted here, pretty much all the listed ingredients are accounted for.
This is a rich thick creamy floral with soft musk and dry woody notes. Wonder why didn't I get this earlier.
I love the beginning when its really strong but after about 2 hours as it is edt it clings close to the skin and its simply comforting scent, like a soft powder.
This fragrance falls in the line of being one of those scents that I find refreshing:)

stacia79
stacia79

Perfectly named, this fragrance is soft and sheer. Powdery sandalwood, airy cedar dust, a gentle mix of patchouli and musk. The florals are there but so very light I can't make out what they are.The drydown is like vanilla soap. It is a conservative and discreet scent. Perfect for work or school, most definitely an understated daytime perfume. However it is quite versatile and could be worn with a dress just as easily as with jeans. In either case, it practically begs for a cardigan or scarf. The soft lines of these would perfectly match the softness that radiates from Cashmere Mist. If you want to turn heads, look elsewhere. People won't notice your perfume when you wear this, they will simply remember that you were lovely.

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

This is a chameleon! At first its an overwhelming air freshener spray. Give it time and it is an irresistible creamy perfume!!! I understand why some people are put off by the initial smell, I was too. THe first time I tried it I went home right after to wash it off. As I dried my arm off--yummy!!!

personagrata
personagrata

oh well, I am amazed and sad at the same time. I discovered such a lovely perfume for every day, especially in summer...which is not sickly sweet or fruity or citrucy and for some reason from the first spritz reminded me of my beloved and discontinued d&g sicily. That s the good part. The bad part is that I like my perfumes to be smelled by others and this is not the case... I spritzed myself 12 times and I faintly smell something. such a pitty! I should have bought the edp. So I think it suits more a blond type of woman, not exactly my mediterranean type. And yes, it is creamy and milky and quite sensual in a city-chic way. I would use it , but I am thinking about buying the edp. The body lotion is really great, such a nice smell of posh and clean lady. So, so and so for cashmere mist. Did not check it yet around other people, it s just a new purchase

rose7
rose7

This fragrance to me is like a "coming home" aroma. I was immediately taken through the 70's, 80's and 90's, as well into the new millenium. I think it a timeless scent. It reminds me of when I was a child and came home from school soaking wet from rain. Mama and Daddy were there to give me a hug. Neither of them smelled like this, but that's how it makes me feel. Such a warm and precious fragrance!!!

Has a humid, misty quality so the name is very apt. The flowers smell dew-drenched and there's an overall powdery, cozy feeling to this fragrance.
Sandalwood is quite strong and has an incense quality to it that is similar to that in Samsara.

pipergirl
pipergirl

This is an exceptionally pretty fragrance. But I get a strong baby powder note (as in Johnson's & Johnson's baby powder) from this fragrance. On my skin, it overwhelms the other notes so I don't think this one works well with my chemistry.

Strangelove in Paris
Strangelove in Paris

Love this. I feel feminine and pretty whenever I wear it.

kitka
kitka

Bought this perfume on the recommendation that it was good for the office, not too strong, easy to wear. I found it to be Nothing, just plain Nothing. I smelled a little something, at first, but not much of anything at all. Not an attractive scent on me anyway--just a light plastic-like chemical smell. I was disappointed--took it back to the store to get something with a bit more depth.

tornesefrances
tornesefrances

I love this perfume. I don't like the strong initial scent of bergamot, which takes nearly an hour to subside. But it's worth waiting for the fabulous mixture of amber, vanilla, jasmine and sandalwood that come to the surface. It lasts a full 12 hours on me, which is something I really want from a fragrance. Add the convenience of body cream, deoderant, cleanser and powder available it's a winner for me.

truffles
truffles

Ooh, this is lovely. Thank you to ptaxaran for sending me this in a swap.
I do detect a plasticky 'hairspray' note but, strangely, I don't mind it and it doesn't spoil this perfume. The total effect is not cheap or nasty synthetic. I was kind of imagining a Bijan Nude type smell (nuclear blow your lungs out laundry powder), but thankfully it's nothing like that.
I find the 'pitch' of this perfume very interesting.
It's incredibly long-lasting but the smell is perfectly pitched between 'smellable' and subtle - if it was a singing voice, it would be a soft and clear one.
Very well done, very clever.
The bottle is a bit of a monstrosity though! Never mind, although it's expensive, I'll be buying a bottle of this sometime.
ps. Apparently CM is Rod Stewart's wife, Penny Lancaster's signature.

babylima
babylima

clean, powdery and soapy. it reminds me of baby powder.
it doesnt smell cheap at all and is suitable for mature women.
But it doesn't really work for me.

hazelnut
hazelnut

I should love this fragrance because I love every one of the notes in it. But together....I can't identify a single one! All I smell is soap. Smelling like soap is better than stinking, but if I want to smell like soap, I'll just use soap.

Galadia
Galadia

If I had to pair this with a male fragrance it would be Jean Paul Gaultier "Le Male"

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

Cashmere Mist captures the very essence of winter. I smell snow and frigid air and yes, the wooly smell of my sweater, warmed by my body, that rises from beneath my down coat when i nestle my nose down to the collar trying to stay warm in an icy snowfall. How did the perfumer manage to capture that scent so perfectly? Proof that perfumery is an art form!

JennyNoelle0203
JennyNoelle0203

I really have a soft spot for this perfume. It's interesting to me though that so many people are saying how many compliments they get wearing it. Reason being, my mom bought it when it first came out but noticed that it had no staying power at all. Within minutes it was undetectable. She ended up giving it to me but I had the same problem. Very sad.

patxaran
patxaran

I am puzzled... this used to be one of my comforting winter scents although it never made it to my Top5 heavy rotation perfumes. I remember it having the same cosy smell as silk and some of my pahsminas. Well, yesterday, the bottle fell in my hands and so I indulged in a handful of sprays. To my horror, I spent the rest of the day getting whiffs of Jasmin clusterbombs. Where have all the other notes gone? Is is gone off? (Was bought in 2006 and kept in box in dark cupboard)

beccajo
beccajo

I thought I smelled flowers upon first appying. It then settled into musk and wood, and finished off smelling exactly like the bottom of a fresh cut Christmas tree. :( I hope the purse spray I ordered, which is a different form has more flowers in it, or less "Balsom wood" smell. I have smelled this before and didn't get this big of hit of wood, so I don't understand it.
Normaly, I smell flowers very lighly and more musk than wood.
I don't understand what happened?!
Mostly, Cashmere Mist is a comforting women's skin smelling scent whose name fits perfectly.
Good luck to you CM lovers out there! :D

babywabbit
babywabbit

I usually dislike any musky/woody scented perfumes, but to my suprise, I love this perfume! It's perfect for winter, cold days. The scent is warm & cozy. :)

patchouli patti
patchouli patti

if you could take opium and shalimar and mix the two, this is what cashmere mist is like to me. i love it except fot the first few minutes after applying, where there is a very sweet, obnoxious gardenia-ish scent that reminds me of cheap Avon from the 60's that my aunt wore. however, after about 15 min, it mellows and the more subtle notes come through. it has amazing staying power and is a lovely scent once it infuses into your skin. use sparingly as it is rather potent. my mother always said that if u could smell your own perfume then you probably had too much on because people near you can actually smell it more than u can.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I think that this is one of these scents where chemistry def plays a great role. My friend gave me rollerball of this for Christmas and I am pretty sure I won't be wearing it. Both from the bottle and on my skin its very woodsy. This is not even remotely floral to me, woods and powder, simular to kind of scent you get after washed clothes. I think it smells like what you expect freshly dry cleaned cashmere to smell like, because it has note that is rather chemical smelling (at least to me)that's the best way I can describe it.
Not for me.

MarissaG6
MarissaG6

I bought a bottle of this and got sick of it.
It has a very nice powerdy scent, but also with a strong undertone of something rotten.
Too much for me.
But very soft and light

jeffthebarbarian
jeffthebarbarian

Cashmere Mist sounded so sophisticated to me.
I was very disappointed. Cashmere mist, within about 2 minutes, dried down to a VERY powdery scent on me. It smelled like my grandmother's bathroom. She kept this scented powder in there, and Cashemere Mist (at least on me) smells identical to it.
It hurts the back of my throat to smell it.
I think maybe that when people say this smells like an old lady, maybe their grandmothers kept scented powder that smelled like this too, and that's why they think it smells old.
After about 3 hours on me, the powdery scent fades to a scent that, to my nose, seems indistinguishable from Jergan's unscented lotion. Go figure.
This may work differenty for other women, but it doens't on me.
And to top it off, my fiance told me that he hated the smell too.

lisarad
lisarad

Upon receiving my generous sample, and spraying myself somewhat lightly, I enjoyed the initial top notes to this perfume. Vanilla, creamy amber, and light musk. As it settled on me, it turned to a slightly synthetic version of musk that i did not care for. It turned off on me (i have dry skin and sometimes things just go that way). I have been wearing it over 4 hours now, and while my kids say that they like it on me...i feel it smells somewhat "old house" ish...slightly off and unpleasant. I know, I am going against the crowd on this one, but it doesn't do it for me. Goes into my "reference bag of rejects". :(

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This smells white, feminine, flowery and warm at first and fades to light, scenty and cat-furry. The slight musk note could be annoying at times, or perhaps it's the combo of lily of the valley and musk.. it depends on what you like but those are the two notes which meant I couldn't love this, though I think it's a good perfume. Not one for a stuffy car journey maybe.

Not ideal for summer but nice for Autumn and Winter I reckon, it isn’t a statement scent, it’s more intimate, so maybe not for really dressy up occasions. The quite nice bottle design is inspired by art deco glass designer, Lalique.

weezie82
weezie82

This is one of my favorite fragrances. It's perfect for everyday. Not to strong, but strong enough that people notice it. I started wearing this when it first came out and I have had countless women and men stop and ask me what I am wearing. Love It. Will always wear it.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This has been at the top of my test list for the longest time, and I've been tempted to blind buy more than once. When I finally found it in a Douglas by chance I excitedly tried it.
It was, unfortunately, disappointing. The opening was very synthetic. This maintained as it grew into a cashmere soft vanillic scent, light, warm, slightly woody, with a powderiness that was pleasant. However it took a very long time for the synthetic feel to fade and even then, it didn't smell very special. It also for some reason smelled very strongly similar to Armani Mania, without the orange note.
I can see how on some people it would be amazing, the good things I had heard about it were all there, but the synthetic feeling prevailed over all of them on me. I really wanted to love this too. A reluctant thumbs down I'm afraid.

I find this to be powdery, musky, soapy, and woody, in approximately that order. This is a lovely soft feminine scent. If you overapply, it can have a "baby powder" effect, but worn with a bit more restraint, the other notes are allowed to shine, and it has a subdued elegant quality. I like this a lot.

Milenadim
Milenadim

Powdery.Very clean.Soapy.

TWebb
TWebb

Moderate creamy fragrance. Good for day and evening. Mellows and raditates as you wear it. Not overpowering but has good staying power. The musk balances the jasmine notes for a warm soft fragrance.

sandra1900
sandra1900

This is one of the first fragrances I bought right when it came out (usually Im slow LOL). Its amazing for day time and totally suited for the office.

To me its powdery and sweet, without being too sweet.

Everytime I was wearing this fragrance, people would come up to me and ask which fragrance I was wearing.

The only bad thing I could think off is that it did not linger on me really.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This perfume is an absolute delight! It brings forth so many words in my head that they need to spill out.

Firstly it's one of the most well rounded and well blended perfumes I've ever smelled..smoooooth as a cashmere and silk blanket. How could be it named more aptly than "cashmere mist".

It is sweet but not cloying, soft but not weak, it's like someone said..a mother's hug. It smells like what I think clouds smell like. Soft...comforting, enveloping.

I look at the notes and have to ignore them all because none of them are the things that jump out. This perfume is more of a feeling than a composition. It's cozy...

If I had to describe it I would say it's the gentlest musk/vanilla (dare i say ever so slightly coconut) in existence and something that you would spray on effortelssy and let it take you away into a cozy nights sleep.

I'm a sucker for heavy hitters and strong statement perfumes but this perfume isn't about that...it's a personal perfume for quiet and pensieve times.

I could go on but I won't..I need this in my life purely for emotional and comforting reasons. It's not often a perfume can evoke such a feeling in me so I give it props for that.

*melts into a cashmere cloud of fluff*

gofruityourself
gofruityourself

I have had several samples of this. I want this fragrance!! My husband (25) even compliments me when I wear this. It is a rich scent. The positive reviews on this fragrance say it all. Its a fresh powdery scent not the old lady kind of powdery and men dig it.

My3Champs
My3Champs

This is my night time "powder" scent. Super clean, subtle and relaxing.

AlexandraM19

Soooo cozy :) My mom used to wear this a lot, it reminds me of her. It's a classic, beautiful scent. Great in the winter, it just makes you feel warm and comfy. When I smell this I just want to curl up with a blanket in front of a blazing fire and take a long winter's nap.

sjam3295
sjam3295

What an amazing scent. It actually smells silky. Sweetly floral, fresh, powdery - and silky! I love it; I like to wear it at night to sleep in, it's like wearing freshly laundered silk pyjamas.

bacall
bacall

Just received this today yay!!! All I can say are four words: sweet musky pure class :)))

nightcat23
nightcat23

This smells like being wrapped up in a warm soft blanket! It's cosy and comforting and a real nice soothing grown up vanilla! It's got a bit of light spice to give it that something extra but overall a fantastic versatile scent for day or night and for cuddling up to that someone special :)

pansylady
pansylady

A lovely, sophisticated woody floral in the same genre as Alfred Sung's Sung-

For some reason, I get a hint of dark berries in the top notes- although there are none to be found-

Smoky jasmine predominates in the heart and base of the fragrance-

Agreed, this is better for cooler weather, but okay in the heat, provided that you use a light hand-

reavyan
reavyan

This is a smell of warmth. I practically -feel- heat radiating from my wrist; it's fantastic!

Cashmere wood, yes, but also cashmere wool. This isn't cheap and scratchy cashmere, this is the real deal. Its warm embrace envelops like a large shawl or cozy sweater.

The initial burst of bergamot passes as quickly as a sigh and the warm heart pours forth, mingling with the base in a comforting waltz. Lots of musk, jasmine, sandalwood, vanilla, all wrapped up in silky suede. Everything is balanced nicely. There isn't one note that's pulling attention to itself. Like a well-tuned instrument, they all play in harmony.

While in the current humid weather this would get cloying very quickly, Mist would be lovely in the cold months.

Final verdict: That perfect embellishment to go with that perfect cashmere sweater.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I tried a knock off and it wreaked, wanted to try the real deal. This is just an ok scent on me. It is clean, powdery and I can smell vanilla, sandalwood and jasmine. It is a light scent on my skin and if you use too much it can smell like an overpowering jasmine in my experience.

KSBelle
KSBelle

This fragrance has hit the shelves here once again, with a vengeance. My mother turned me onto this, and from prior negative reviews I was hesitant. She gave her collection to me as a present. I now own the edt, edp, the deodorant, and the body cream. I find the deodorant and lotion most pleasing of the four. It is a great base for nearly every scent I own. (the body cream keeps my skin soft all day, and even though it's thick it doesn't leave an oily residue. I love it!). I normally shy away from overly popular scents (out of defiance, not snobbery), but this one is good. Not mindblowing, just good.
The edt and edp are quite different. The edp has a rich powdery incense to it, and lasts longer. I did notice a somewhat synthetic smell to the edt version, but still enjoy it for its soft dry down..
I work in a coffee shop, so every scent that wafts my way (that isn't coffee) is easily picked up by my nose. It's like sitting in a glass jar of coffee beans at the perfume counter. My senses are heightened to the slightest of fragrances.
One day a lady came in, and with a blast from the doorway, I knew exactly what she was wearing. "Cashmere Mist?!" I asked. "How did you know?!!!" she exclaimed. I didn't say anything, I just pointed to my nose. She laughed. "Is it too much?!", she asked. I hadn't the heart to tell her it was. I think perhaps the best way to wear this fragrance is minimally. Don't overdo it with all of the other Cashmere products (as I have probably done). The deodorant and body cream is enough, or substitute for the deodorant and perfume- but just keep in mind; you don't have to bathe in this stuff. The problem comes into place because when I wear it my nose can no longer smell it- so I spray more, and more. It is a subtle fragrance to the wearer, but trust me, the crowds can smell you coming.
It's not offensive in any way. Quite enjoyable really. Just go lightly with this one. It does, after all, have the directions in its name...."mist". And that's exactly what one should do when applying it. Mist gently.

My complaint is about the bottle. Why will the cap not stay on?! It will not snap shut, but instead fall off like a cheaply designed lid that doesn't match the bottle. In fact, I grab for it and it slips through my hand...like mist. Sending the perfume crashing to the floor. For that I will have to give it a 6/10, fragrance and bottle combined. This is a nice scent (though I've smelled ones I like better). It's definately one I will wear year round as I rotate between my other perfumes. I just have to keep in mind not to overdo it, for the sake of others noses.

As an additional suggestion, if you're looking for a powdery incense that's perhaps a little sweeter, and less common, try Casmir edp by Chopard. It's a bit richer, deeper, and sweeter- though I find it falls in closely with the cashmere insence notes, and not merely because of its name. Casmir has a darker more leathery approach, with less synthetic bite, and more of a sweet musky incense to it than Cashmere Mist. CM is a cleaner scent than Casmir, but Casmir by Chopard is definately nose candy! Ok, that'll do....wow I'm long winded! :)

mrshopkins1973
mrshopkins1973

Like a hug from my favorite aunt. And when you open her door, there's a sweet waft of patchouli-esque candle on the mantle. It's spicy like that. A great Fall/Winter scent for me.

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

This was my signature fragrance in my 20's but sadly we departed but now 10 years down the line i have come home & re-purchased. I was missing the adorable baby powder dry down & floral notes, just something about this perfume just can't put my finger on. Cashmere Mist on my skin lasts a long time never had to re-apply and treated myself also to the body lotion. A good scent if you work in a hospital or in the office as it's inoffensive and ideal if your looking for a winter cosy scent this is perfect. Amazing comforting Gem!

leavesofgrass
leavesofgrass

This is a gorgeous warm, clean skin scent. If you swore by White Musk type scents in your teens to early 20's and want something more unique and mature but similar, try Donna Karan Cashmere Mist. Ditto to those who swore by Heavenly by Victoria's Secret but find it annoying that nearly everyone wears it and recognizes it. I have a guy friend I wrote to, and spritz the letter w/this scent and he couldn't stop raving about how wonderful it smelled lol.

I've received compliments from both sexes, but most importantly I love it, it's timeless, ageless, sexy yet comfortable.

Jan246
Jan246

i smelt like a powder puff. very sweet and cloying.

irismarie
irismarie

Just tried this and...I like it? Yes, I meant to put a question mark there. I'm new to wearing perfumes as an adult and I was shopping for a signature classy, sexy scent. This is a nice scent. It's not what I was looking for initially, but I'm not opposed to it. I would wear it.

I was afraid of smelling like an old lady (no offense to old ladies, I love old ladies-I call my grandmother everyday) when I read about the powdery feel, but what I smell is the jasmine and bergamot.

It's not as woodsy or spicy on me as I was hoping, but I like it.

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

I can't believe how many people dislike this fragrance , I always thought it was one of the most inoffensive perfumes around !
My best friend in high school wore this, she must have had over 30 perfumes but this is the one I always associate with her. It just goes to show how memories are really what makes someone label something ''old lady'' (which I do not get at all, what does old lady smell like ?? do they smell bad?) or 'young''. I find this scent so comforting and calming. It's what one would wear on a cool night on the beach, not Miami beach though, it would have to be a beach in Maine, or perhaps a lake instead, with a nice fire going near by.
I honestly never picked up any of the notes listed when my friend wore it, just musk and beautiful sweet powder. I wear it often but it never feels like me (most likely because it reminds me so much of her) but I adore it none the less.

trice9081
trice9081

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE. yES, IT IS POWDERY AND MUSKY, BUT THIS FRAGRANCE SORT OF HAS A CLEAN SCENT TO IT. TO ME THIS IS A TYPE OF FRAGRANCE THAT SHOULD BE WORN BY WOMEN MID 20'S AND OLDER, NOT FOR YOUNGER GIRLS.

dlane1953
dlane1953

Feminine, light, and pleasing

I found this to be a pleasing, easy-to-like fragrance. The opening was lacking the citrus punch I'd expected; the bergamot was fairly mild, with white florals leaping to the foreground very quickly. The scent turned powdery within minutes,a note I don't usually find appealing, but this was soft enough to be pleasant. (Smooth and cuddly is a good description, Missk!) The musky, woody drydown was very appealing. This is my first fragrance with "cashmere" and "suede" accords and I didn't expect to find these notes likable--I DID expect a chemical blast, to be honest--but I found nothing particularly unnatural in the drydown period. A very wearable, lovable fragrance, it sits rather close to the skin after the first hour, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Some of my favorites wear like this, and on some days that's exactly what I want.

Overall, a very agreeable and feminine fragrance that could be worn year round. Longevity is average, about 6 hours on me. (I use in moderation--that seems to be the key with many fragrances like this one that receive such mixed reviews. A heavier application might bring out the unnatural "chemical" notes that some mention. A light application keeps it smooth.)

Platinumkate
Platinumkate

This is definitely a fragrance for an older, mature woman. I won't come right out & label it as "old lady" but this one sure doesn't give the impression of anything youthful.

I do smell all the notes listed. It is clearly a fagrance with decent quality ingredients. It is not offensive, but not something that appeals to me either. It's musky, soft, cozy, woody, warm, the tiniest bit sweet. A caramel coloured fuzzy sweater worn by a grumpy 45-50 year old dentist/doctor's office receptionist.

I could see this being work friendly, while being worn by a woman who is less than friendly at work.

Headache risk: Low

I realize non-positive reviews that aren't glowing about a perfume aren't popular, however this is my honest & distinct impression of it.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

I am shocked at the horrible reviews. Cashmere mist is a sweet, soft fragrance for the woman who doesn't feel the need to shout to be heard. It is powdery, yes but not "old lady " to me. There is just enough of everything.... floral, musk, powder to combine into a pretty ,classy LADY's perfume. I am not good at isolating notes yet . I do know beautiful though. I like Cashmere Mist.

angel15601
angel15601

I would describe this as powdery clean scent I actually think it's too simple..i think its missing something. Its just not for me. I'd say it for a person in their mid 30s or 40s..

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

before the review, a quick question: there are 2 release years for this perfume?
1994 and 2004? well i remember owning this 10 years ago...so we can definitely eliminate the 2004.
i owned the frosted glass version. and from what i recollect, a truly loving, comforting, snuggly fragrance, clean, innocent, soft.
fast forward to 2012, and a lovely fragrantica swap later, i now have the
clear glass, eau de parfum version.
well i don't want to say anything bad about this. i have such good memories with teh toilette. but the edp version is a bit more chemical, stern, astrigent.
its harsh, to be honest.
i might be the minority here according to "vote the notes" but i get
a sharp bergamot/citrus opening with plenty of jasmine.
for someone that applies that perfume liberally---read: four or more sprays....
this is suicide.
i sprayed it a few times, took a breath and burned my nose!
before you think i hate this-- i don't.
quite pretty overall (esp. with the vanilla musk drydown)
AND only with a light hand. if anyone wants to swap out their toilette
for this edp, please pm.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I loved this until I actually wore some. Then I got a blast of kerosene, or, you say urinal cake? Not being too familiar with urinal cakes, that may be right. I have some of the lotion and that actually is the right amount of scent AND it smells the way it is supposed to, even on me. The lotion has a strong, and long lasting scent, so that works and it costs less. A good option if you wish you could wear the perfume.

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

I tried a paper sample of this and I liked it but I didn't think it was anything extraordinary or memorable. It has a soft, cuddly and warm scent that I think works well on those bitter cold days in Winter when all you want to do is snuggle up in bed with a good book. This scent has a fresh creaminess to it that's inviting in a comforting and homey way. It's definitely not the type of fragrance that I consider to be sexy or sensual and it probably won't turn a lot of heads, but it is still pleasant and my boyfriend said that he liked it. Overall, a nice perfume.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I bought a bottle of this in the mid-90's when it was released and I enjoyed it but not enough to repurchase. Just recently I got a spray sample of it so wore it again these many years later and think I like it better now than I did back when I had a whole bottle full. I think it's more of a mature scent and maybe it matches my age better now than when I used it way back when.
Many of Karan's scents kind of push the envelope in terms of being a little more challenging and complex. Exceptions of course would be the Be Delicious frags which I really like, but which I wouldn't describe as complex.
I agree with another reviewer regarding the initial pungency of this frag. It's not strong exactly, but can be somehow slightly off-putting. But if you can wait, this really develops into something quite lovely. It is at the end of the day that I enjoy this most - when it's mostly a soft amber with wafts of gentle suede plus an almost a nutty/ almondy note (though almond is not listed) - definitely creates a very cozy, warm sensation.

orchid_84
orchid_84

If I had to base my review on the first half hour, this would be an adamant dislike for me. I recall reading a review in which someone said that Cashmere Mist smelled like a urinal cake, and I’m afraid I have to say I also get that association at the beginning. There is something in this perfume that is strongly redolent of that sweet-chemical pungency, and it is at full blast for the first 30 minutes or so. It’s hard to take.

But…as this wears, that chemical scent softens. The cozy, warm combination of cashmere wood, suede, vanilla and musk is really unique and enjoyable. There’s still a hint of the chemical weirdness in the background, but it goes away for the most part. The sillage is nice - the wafts I am getting off my arm are soft and heavenly. The lasting power is also outstanding. One spray lasted over 12 hrs on me.

I can easily see how this would make an ideal cold-weather, thick-sweater kind of fragrance. Cashmere Mist comes across as comforting, but also quite mature and serious. The drydown is pretty amazing, but getting there is difficult.

This review is for the EDP. For now, it’s not one I would consider buying, but I find it intriguing enough that I’ll definitely revisit it in the future. I may also try the Liquid Nude version and see how that one flies for me.

username101
username101

I liked the concept and the initial smell of this fragrance - it smelled wonderful on the testing paper, but unfortunately I don't like the dry down on my skin.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I really like this one, I dont get any vanilla or powder from it at all. To me it starts citrussy (the bergamot?) and then flowery and then to something warm and delicious but not sweet at all.
It's a keeper.

marydoan90
marydoan90

Soft, slightly sweet, woody and powdery. The first thing that popped in my head was grown up baby powder.

This reminds me of a woman wearing a thick turtleneck sweater watching falling freezing snow from the comfort of her home.

It's not very special, but just a comforting scent.
The main thing I get is powdery notes. I usually dislike the smell of baby powder, but there's a slight sweetness that keeps making me want to resniff Cashmere Mist.

[based on paper sample]

It's not very special, but just a comforting scent.

honolulumoon
honolulumoon

warm and cozy

The_Entity
The_Entity

Not great packaging, but a good simple frag, perfect for work/job interviews. The cashmere and suede notes give it character.

trixiebell
trixiebell

Cashmere Mist to me is not anything to shout about, it does not scream siren, sexy, hot. Instead what I get from CM is a feeling of security, warmth and delight. I wear my Cashmere Mist when walking my dogs in the most harsh of weather, the dead of Winter. I get warm wafts of a comforting creamy and powdery vanilla wrapped up in a confident yet unnasuming amber. I like to smell this on my clothing, especially my scarf when wrapped around my neck,it soothes me. I don't wear this fragrance to feel sexy i wear it to feel comforted it that makes sense. I don't wear this for my work colleuges, I don't wear this for my lover I wear this for me. It is close to the skin and that suits me just fine.

pacciosa
pacciosa

Ho comprato questo profumo senza averlo mai sentito, solo per le buone recensioni. Appena mi è arrivato e l'ho aperto... mi sono innamorata! E' buonissimo, luminoso, delicato, puro e sa di pulito... è il MIO profumo!!!!! Infatti per paura di rimanere senza ne ho già ordinato un'altra confezione!!!! Mi piace tantissimo, me lo spruzzo anche la sera quando vado a letto e mi annuso finchè non mi addormento... voto 10++++

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Fresh, soapy and luxurious, I feel I'm in heaven whenever I smell this perfume ! It's so elegant and feminine, without being overpowering. Moreover, it lasts all day long and the drydown is the very best part.

I gave it as a present to my ex-boss and my mother, and I made this choice spontaneously, without a doubt.In fact, my mother adores this one and it has become her signature perfume, even though she is not into perfumes.

It smells divine and magical. Strongly recommended !

Winter
Night sky
Twinkling stars
Lifeless, leafless trees
Blanket of fresh powder covering the ground
Crisp air brushing my cheeks
Down parka
Cashmere sweater like a second skin
Heat escaping from my neckline,
scented with vanilla and soft woods

I totally get the cashmere wood, suede, rich vanilla, and soft powder. This perfume is going to keep me VERY warm this winter.

Sassy1
Sassy1

DK must really be giving good incentives to the dept store sales people for this one. The girl kept pushing it on me in the most insistent way and even though I wanted to smell Chanel and Guerlain, she kept bringing this one back up.

"It's one of our most popular scents"...well, right there, you've lost me. I don't want to smell like everyone else.

"It's very soft and unassuming"...again, lost me...I like bold and in your face.

I finally gave in and took a tester strip with a CM spritz. My only impression is it's a clean smelling (soapy) white musk-y scent with a slight touch of blond wood.

That's about it...no sale here.

(PS: Any salesgirl who wrinkles up her nose at Samsara is not a friend of mine. But let's forgive her ladies, she was young...)

MEDKIM
MEDKIM

I'm going through difficult moments theses days. I have Cashmere Mist for four days. It comforts me so much. It is incredible the effect a fragrance could have on us. And this one is my guardian angel now. It so takes care of me.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Cashmere Mist smells like a mixture of baby wipes and baby powder. I can see how this scent can be comforting. I have a sample size but don't think I'll purchase this fragrance.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Sharp scent at first, very citrusy, fresh, reminds of newly washed sheets, last well. Great for a crisp winter / early spring day!

artsymom
artsymom

Here we go again with the "old lady" and "elderly" comments. It's getting tiresome and it's disrespectful.

Body chemistry plays a big role in whether any perfume smells good on you. It doesn't mean its meant for a different age category.

This is a dry, warm scent that mixes well with my natural skin scent. It's woody, but cozy on me and I like it in the cooler months. Someone mentioned the cozy feeling of a robe straight out of the dryer- good analogy, I'd say! Draws compliments.

p.s. for the record, I think my elderly grandparents smell very tolerable, even beautiful :)

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

Gorgeous , but does tone down after an hour and get's a little boring, however I still do love this, I usually wear it when I'm home and want to smell prety for myself :)

mesmall
mesmall

A wonderful fragrance experience!!

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

Well, I have very limited experience with this one (unlike Liquid Nude, which I will review a little later). My experience is limited to several samples of this--plastic-film-covered patches of scent on cards. I rubbed my skin with 2 of those to try to get a sense of Cashmere Mist.

What I smelled would not encourage me to try the actual EdP (yes, the patches were of EdP--the bottle in the picture is EdT). There was just too much powder--it made me sneeze. Lasting power was awful, maybe 2 hours, but these WERE little "patches"--probably the stuff you see in magazines is better than that.

There is definitely a kinship between this and Liquid Nude.

SandraV
SandraV

I like this in small doses-it reminds me a bit of VS Heavenly and I am bored to death with that scent.I have CM on now and find it smells much better when sprayed over vanilla scented lotion;)

IamWoman
IamWoman

princess_butter (and other Fragranticans), don't feel bad. This "concoction", sadly, did not work with me, either. I am truly disappointed, because, given the notes and the uplifting reviews, I really looked forward to it being a hit. To my dimay, the blend of notes all seemed to "flatline" into some very plastic-smelling, one-dimensional composition. Sorry.... I don't mean to offend anyone who's in love with this fragrance, but it has been an utter, disappointing miss! This definitely gets returned.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

I'm devastated. After all the great reviews, and the notes together which are something I should LOVE, this didn't work on me one bit. It was definitely powdery, but the wrong kind. On me there was nothing sweet and soft, it was more like I was suffocating in a vat filled with powder. Unbearable. And sillage, whoa baby. It''s definitely there. And it lasts and lasts. I scrubbed with soap, I wiped with alcohol. Still there.
HOWEVER, the deodorant has tons of rave reviews all over the place. And the smell of that IS soft and subtle. I hope it works bc i forked out close to $20 for deodorant.

lukkyme
lukkyme

i picture marilyn monroe wearing this but when she was still norma jean like she's wearing an ivory angora/cashmere sweater with pearls against her milky skin in late fall ....i.d.k how else 2 discribe it ? soft of white ivory CASHMERE the kind with long hairs that move if you was to blow on it like a cashmere baby blanket & clean skin...this perfume has ALOT of reviews & every body has done a good job it doesnt leave much 2 be said that hasnt been said already besides it reminds me off the innocent looking old hollywood pin-upgirls & starlets clean classy & an innocent classic almost as if it could have been developed in that time <3

Un Belle Parfum
Un Belle Parfum

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist EDT is my go-to for these moments, it’s the perfume equivalent of a fluffy white robe straight from the tumble dryer. There is little more than a super soft vanilla and musk combination layered over a base of pale woods with just the barest hint of white flowers (lily of the valley and jasmine.) Simplicity is the key to this scent and the combination of these notes gives the illusion of lightly powdered skin, freshly washed and dried, ready to be touched. It’s sensual without being overtly sexy and yet simple without being boring.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Cashmere Mist is the olfactory apotheosis of a pure femininity. Its rich creamy and soapy smell makes me almost want to wear it, but this is definitely not a unisex fragrance. I have identified it on others, it stands out so gorgeously. CM is lofty and luscious. What a ravishingly innocent scent!

Anup
Anup

SORRY the review below this one is mine as well, i forgot to log in!

I first experienced this scent in a fashion magazine, and thought it was very nice. Granted, the smell of the magazine paper alters the smell somewhat, i was still very impressed and interested in trying it at my local boutique. I went to my local boutique and asked the kind employee for a sample, to which she complied and provided me with a nice vial on card.
I JUST yesterday sprayed this for the first time on my hand, and i must say, WOW! I must add something before i write about my next point.
Gypsy perfumista gave me a pure cashmere sweater a few days ago, and after he left, i took it out of it's plastic jacket and smelled it. Very soft and sweet, musty too. Cashmere mist plays out almost exactly like a real cashmere fabric, in my opinion.

Starts off very powdery and "cozy" smelling, like a "worn in" kind of vibe. As it begins to dry, the accords of sandalwood, vanilla, and guaic wood emerge, levying the musky sweetness with pure woody vanillic smoke. I would agree with the advertisement on this one, it DOES smell like a walk on the beach with a cashmere jacket. To me, this has some very potent olfactory properties, because as a child i was always at the beach early in the morning. This is worth checking out, i think it would make a FINE signature scent!

I approve

Longevity: 7.5
Sillage: 8

addysky_94
addysky_94

At first when I sampled this in the perfume store I thought it was a little too heavy and that it didn't suit me. But as soon I got in the car I was in complete regret for not buying this as soon as i sampled it. It's absolutely wonderful and has a long lasting power. It's just so sensuous and left me wanting more. I'm so glad that I went out and bought this, it was totally worth it!!!!

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

I really tried to like her but, she didn't want to be my friend. The powdery notes were extremely intense and she offended me. I'm a kind person so, I forgave her. I continued to persue the frienship but, at the end, it wasn't meant to be. We just didn't have much in common and she was a bit too loud. Just between you and I, she was a bit borring as well. I do wish her the best though! No hard feelings.

I.I
I.I

For the EDP, not the EDT.
I love it. It caught my attention from the first time I smelled it. I thought 'What is this?' It doesn't remind me of any negative smell and I don't find it overpowedering, it's not offensive either. It's just one of the most unusual scents I've ever smelled.
The EDT is too weak and bearly distinguishable, so I prefer the EDP.

duskangel101
duskangel101

I suppose this may smell good from afar, but when I first tested it on my wrist, I gaged. It was too powdery, and too much like cleaning fluid.

Louw
Louw

This is another fragrance I really wanted to like - it sounds good on paper and I love bottle. Alas, I find it utterly revolting on my skin! Way too much amber and musk and nothing much else. I gave my bottle away very quickly. Another ill-judged purchase in airport duty free - one day I'll learn my lesson!

shenanigans
shenanigans

Cloying and obnoxious to me. I really thought anything with the DK name would be a lot more streamlined and classic.

stacyrenee

tried this again. smells like plastic and soap. And yeah I can detect the "diaper pail". Not terrible scent, but very bland. air freshener anyone?

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I tested this one out today at Ulta and just about fell over from the strong smell that reminded me of a baby's diaper smell with powdered bottom of course. The scent remained on my arm like that entire day, you'd think a baby sat on my arm! lol I will never purchase this one, unless I start wearing depends someday!

mika71
mika71

So many of my friends love this scent, but I just can't get on the bus with them. I get a distinct "diaper pail" note in this that just won't leave.

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

I am so amazed at how similiar this perfume is to Bath and Body Sea Island Cotton. If you aren't sure whether to buy this or not get a small bottle of B&B and then if you like it buy Cashmere Mist. I am glad I just got a few samples before buying. I like this scent but I think a full bottle would just be redundant. I couldn't see myself spritzing this but maybe once or twice a year. To the person who compared this to Caress soap... Right On!!!
***As this dries down I am also getting Bounce fabric softner.

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

This stuff is FANTASTIC. One of the best perfumes I have ever smelled. It is perfect for fall-winter. So warm and cozy and the perfect scent for wearing with a nice cushy sweater. Husband loves it too. In fact, this smells like a perfume that most all men would find attractive. It just smells so sexy and soft. Chanel Allure and this one are about neck in neck for all time best smelling perfumes IMO. My mom has already said she wants this, so I guess I will have to let it be her scent for now, but I will still wear it from time to time. LOVE it.

Adorabella
Adorabella

This is a beautiful, luxurious scent, just like the cashmere it's named after. It's soft and lovely and perfect for daytime use. I get tons of compliments when I wear this. One day I wore it to my book group and everyone wanted to know what scent it was! For some reason I tend to wear this when I'm wearing a cozy sweater or when I'm wearing cream or white--I tend to match my fragance to my attire.

Ray_Starlight
Ray_Starlight

This parfum is amazing. I tested it on the store. The scent drove me crazy I couldn't stop to sniff my wrist because of the amazing scent. I used it for a while but now I can't find it anymore >.< so sad.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I just got in my hands Casmere Mist EDP. Now it seems its time for me to fell in Love with this kind of sweet, silky, skin close scents. Secrete Datura, E.Coudray Ambre & Vanille and now Cashmere Mist. This is twin for Penhaligons Artemisia for sure. But imho Cashmere mist is much stronger. Not to work , unless You think to seduce someone ! ;) This perfume calls to come close. mmm. I Love these kind of scents with depth ***<3<3<3***

Rouu
Rouu

i wanna thank Syhan ( bloodflower ) for the swap ..

it was an optimistic blind swap , but i confess CASHMERE MIST skipped my expectations much .. its one of the best fragrances i've ever tried , it was love at first sniff. there is something incredibly comforting about this scent, so aptly named..smells like clean, powdery skin, skin that is begging to be caressed.musk and iris combine beautifully and feature prominently throughout the development, making it powdery and soft from the beginning. smell that fits innocence
earlier i read somewhere describe this smell like '' warm flesh wrapped in a fluffy bathrobe on Sunday morning, a scent worn for one’s lover just to say: “I want to have coffee in bed with you” , thats exactly wht i feel about this fragrance .. sexy but soft and smooth yelling feminine .. like making love not having sex !

i'll get me larger bottle ;) 9/10

LaureL
LaureL

Oh, it is so really... Cashmere! :D
I love it, so clean and (in powderry way) - so fresh. It suits for ellegant woman, who doesnt like to be overpowering. She is dressed in white or beige, she's self confident, smart and chic...

Need to wait for a good discount.. If anybody knows where - tell me! :D

aelias
aelias

The only complaint I have about this one is you can get tired of it...despite its beauty and constant appeal. I love it - this is one of the first perfumes I ever wore, but I stayed away from it for years because of "over-wear." Now I want it again.

Edit: Bought it again, and it instantly became one of my favorites. Hard to beat it.

malia
malia

I love this one. Very unusual, warm, intimate scent, cozy, soft,cuddly, tender and soooooo lovely. Mmmmmmmmmm ....

Saliko
Saliko

LOVE IT! Makes me feel cosy and as if I'm wrapped in a feather-light cashmere sweater or a shawl. Very womanly sexy, sensual, I imagine that's what Sophia Loren smells like when she's lounging at home :)

Carnelian
Carnelian

Thanks to the bergamot, to me this goes on first like a softer, woodier CKOne. After about 30 minutes, the (light) woods and powder (NOT baby powder, but from the sandalwood) come out. I get no "milkiness" or vanilla, it has no foodiness AT ALL to me, although it is fairly sweet. B&BWorks definitely got its inspiration for their Sea Island Cotton from this - veeeery similar, although this has a bit more powder. I get one of the reviewers reference to Caress soap, although this has the addition of citrus. Pleasant, fresh, daytime scent.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm love this scent. Soft, warm and cozy. I never get sick of this. I do need to get another bottle because mine is all gone. :(

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I've tried to wear this and tried to love this several times as it was a gifted to me, but unfortunately this beautiful fragrance doesn't work on my skin.

It's tender and gentle, warm and inviting, with lots of subtle character. It does feel milky, but not luscious milky--more like cold buttermilk with that teeny hint of sourness (most likely from the bergamot which I love), but made to feel warm with sandalwood and amber. Somehow, it seems a little raw. I think I would have liked a warm coconut milk in the heart (not the syrupy summer beach coconut either).

That said however, Cashmere Mist is reminscent of a finely crafted sandalwood fist in a tawny velvet glove.

Very pretty and I recommend this for quiet date nights, every day or office wear as it is romantic and honest and has great longevity.

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

many friends have told me that it suits me perfectly but somehow i dont like it. it reminds me of an old lady who tries to be young again. this smell really depresses me.
almost anbearable and heavy.

Wonderful perfume, reminds me of Trussardi Fresh for women A LOT!!!

varondandy
varondandy

i love it when my wife wears this. very soft and warm. best worn late fall and winter.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Very soft, powdery scent. This perfume was perfectly named as it does evoke images of soft cashmere sweaters, plush throws, and warm fireplaces. Great to wear to the office or for bedtime.
This truly is a cashmere sweater in a bottle. :)

stacyrenee

First, it reminds me of nail polish remover. Then something nice soft and warm takes over. Very subtle and cozy. There is something in this I dont like, but aside from that off mystery note(suede perhaps?) its nice over all, but nothing really wonderful. This might sound weird, but perfect place for this scent would be a funeral. It is comforting and not attention getting at all. Im not crazy about it.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

This was my second blind buy (first was Bvlgari Petits at Mamans), because some dear members recommended this one for me as a good skin scent for a new mom. To say the truth at first I wasn't impressed. It was a bit sharp and alcoholic. Then it warmed up on my skin and I began to like it. I agree, it's so cozy, warm, soft milky and powdery. Maybe because of the weather (it's snowing now), but I use it more and more and like it very much. Thank you for recommending:)!

orchidlover
orchidlover

Very good named perfume. Soft,warm like a cashmere pullover.
Ideal for office wear and also for a date.
Sexy,sensual and ELEGANT for me, it works very well with my chemistry, it is another gem of my collection I can't live without it, I love its sweetness.
Masterpiece in a beautiful bottle.
LOVE IT!

nyoka
nyoka

I cant understand any bad reviews! I love this FUME! Its a creamy,comforting,sexy and calming scent.I love woody musks anyway and this is one of the best!It does only take a dab and it does last a long time!That is exactly what I want my fumes to do.,and be.Ill take any that others dont want because I absolutely love it!

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

This smells exactly like strong Caress soap on me. I like Caress soap but don't want to smee of it quite so strongly. BBW Twilight Woods in it's drydown also smells of Caress on me but is much lighter (no I don't use the soap and havn't for years but adored it when I did use it).

Cashmere Mist is a nice comforting perfume but I like Twilight Woods better and they smell too close for me to shell out the cash for CM.

holly13
holly13

This has a bitter powdery smell. Not my style.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Another one of my all time faves! This is a snuggly, blanket wrapping, hot cocoa in front of a fireplace in a log cabin fragrance! A beautifull combination of comforting notes that indulge you. Love it!

P.S. if you happen to own Cashmere Mist in its purest form, the Parfum, be sure to use it! Within 2 yrs tops! Do NOT let it spoil by rationing it off as I did. It will smell very stale....

wandajo123
wandajo123

This is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Donna Karan is doing her part in donating to finding the cause. She has issued a special Breast Cancer Awareness edition of Cashmere Mist. She is doing her part in reminding the public of the importance of contributing to the cure for Breast Cancer. Donna Karan Cosmetics will make a donation of $15,000 in connection with the sales of the Limited-Edition Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Parfum Spray to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

There are also special ebay auctions selling this fragrance so that it is a double contribution. You get the fragrance and the donation goes to Breast Cancer research both by the ebay seller and Donna Karan.

This cause is dear to my heart as my mother is fighting it for the second time and a dear cousin just died at the age of 50 from it.

Now for my assessment of the fragrance: I like it, especially for day wear. It has just enough vanilla in it for me to really like it. Love the smell of vanilla. It is also light which I prefer in a day perfume.

Sexy but also innocent, Cashmere Mist is a fragrance that I would recommend for any occasion and any season. It is true that there are many scents out there that are similar to Cashmere Mist, however I do still refer to this fragrance as being one of a kind.

I had no issues with the lasting power, I thought it lasted considerably well, with moderately strong sillage. Wearing Cashmere Mist is not like wearing a perfume, it feels very natural and soothing on the skin. I highly recommend.

Blonde Gypsy
Blonde Gypsy

This is the one to wear when you just want to feel relaxed and cozy. I do convey thoughts of sweaters and cuddling. I really enjoy this and will continue to go to it often in the cooler weather! But unfortunately it must not be extravagant on my skin. Ive been told i smell like soap, fresh laundry, and cotton blossom from BBW. But to me its luxurious anyways lol

Kiku
Kiku

A "go to" fragrance: appropriate for any occasion, any time of day, any weather, any season. Seductive in a soft, gentle way and so elegant. I love the warm, woody notes and the just right amount of sandalwood. I smell silk and chocolate in this one. This one lasts on my skin forever.

Lottis
Lottis

Love love love!

I agree with 'mymlan' review:
the most seductive fragrances I ever had. Seductive because the scent is warm, sweet and intriguing. It is alluring and you want to get closer to the scent. There is a lot going on here but in a soft, perfect balanced way.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

This is a very comforting scent. I think it would be wonderful to wear for bed time during winter! Its very vanilla/cashmere and I bet the body lotion would be very nice indeed.

I like!

JOAN
JOAN

I Adore Cashmere Mist...Very creamy,light vanilla, powdery scent.Makes me fell like i'm in heaven!!!

Recommended for daytime-romantic wear AND also try the body lotion is very smooth and buttery...leave the skin soft as cashmere...

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Love love the scent of this perfume.To me this translates to cozy,warm,comforting.Not sexy at all.Its like a comforting hug from ur mother that melts all your worries away.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

At first this one smells like alcohol,but after a few minutes is smells so cosy and warm. I will defenitly get this one in a bigger bottle.

PShank27
PShank27

I can't figure out if I like this or not. It is powdery, which I don't like, but I think the powderiness comes from the sandalwood not the flowers, which is unusual. The sandalwood also smells very synthetic to me. Maybe that is something to do with the suede?

bergamot
bergamot

This scent smells different to me everyday. Sometimes I smell the old-fashioned (which is not a negative for me) other times it's fresh and complex, sometimes sexy- I like that this fragrance is a shape shifter and became addicted once I got over the fact it had vanilla in it.

honeydays
honeydays

Powdery and kind of plain, but pleasant. I don't really care for the initial baby powder scent, but the middle notes are "nice"...warm, unoffensive.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Have worn this for years. It's always nice to come back to it in the fall. It's very soft, warm and creamy. Vanilla, but not a cloyingly sweet vanilla.

I get compliments when I wear it. Men especially seem to like it.

I need a new fragrance, though. I'm a bit tired of this one.

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

worked for the company in London around 2003 or so. at one time it was so 'in vogue' and all the very hip ladies who were too cool for school would come in to buy it. it was all the rage. Lets say early 90's in Bellevue, WA Nordstrom? These days I can't really tolerate it. There are so many other things I'd rather wear but I can see it definitely has it's loyal following and fan base for sure.

kittymoon
kittymoon

It's like wearing a silk dress without underwear. Sophisticated but underlying sexy. It's a powdery one that is unobtrusive and fresh. Very clean, like soft skin and warm summer rain. A definite daytime perfume though.

mocha43
mocha43

On me it is gentle and pleasant but lacks the pizazz factor. It is a nice scent but I'll offer it to 1 of my daughters soon.

dalmajen
dalmajen

Love cashmere mist! as i am a big fan of the powdery scent, this is a winner for me. Makes me feel comfy and cozy!

karlee79
karlee79

this is my best scent, it is a scent so light only really meant to be smelt by the wearer and those close to her

love_to_death_9
love_to_death_9

I smell violets here and lots of suede.I love it.very romantic and sexy in an intelligent way

susieqrj
susieqrj

Very woody and if sprayed in unmeasured amount can be very annoying.

fpih
fpih

I used to love this and so did my husband. It was one of the rare perfumes that he actually liked and always complimented on me. However, ever since I bought a new bottle (my third one mind you), my opinion of it has completely deteriorated. I don't know if it's been reformulated or my skin chemistry has changed, but it doesn't last half as much as it used to, my husband doesn't even recognise it and the smell... well it reminds me of a room freshener. And it's a bottle I bought from an international airport, not from e-bay or a dubious internet seller. My personal belief is that the EDT has been tampered so DK can promote the EDP they're now selling. Else, why would anyone pay the extra money for the EDP of a fragrance that already lasted 12 hours and more and smelled like heaven?

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I've tried this a couple times and sniffed at the perfume counter on numerous occasions trying to love it but just couldn't. To me it smelled of synthetics and wastebasket doused in a drowning of old lady powder. This has been my experience both times I tried samples of this. Ok, I'm a bit older and my scentability has changed. When I found this in a large sample lot I put it off and put it off. Finally decided to give it the old try...again. This time it was Cashmere Mist Cashmere Silk which is a silky elixir (gel). It's lightweight not at all heavy but definitely has lasting power. Let me just say I LOVE it!!! It's sensuous & soft reminding me of bare skin in warm candlelight with a draped cashmere blanket showing off the shoulders. Notes: The bergamot is tamed by the Moroccan Jasmine & Lily. The Sandlewood & Amber add that powdery note that is enveloping while the Musk is animalistic in a hint of a way. I find this very seductive in a quiet sophisticated manner. I think this would be a perfect scent for a magical night with your significant other. Very nice. I'm in the market for the Cashmere Mist Silk Elixir. Makes your skin soft too!

suzywoo
suzywoo

I adore to snuggle up in my pj's and fluffy socks wearing this, it's such a warm comforting scent. It's like a hug from your mum, or loved one. It's not a 'sexy' perfume. It's a cozy perfume.
I sometimes wear it for bed too.

Having been recently reminded (by VS's CASHMERE--Jasmine Vanilla) of the existence of a 3.4oz bottle of Donna Karan's CASHMERE MIST hidden in the deep dark corner of the back of my perfume armoire, I determined to find out why the bottle still contains about 3.2oz. There is definitely something odd about this fragrance, which keeps me from reaching for it, though I have it in ample supply...

CASHMERE MIST opens a bit acridly, to my nose--apparently this is intended, as the only top note listed is bergamot--which is a rather sharp citrus. CM then moves into strange and uncharted territory.

I love the combination of vanilla, jasmine, and cashmere wood in the VS linear CASHMERE, so clearly those are not the culprits, nor is the combination of the three (sometimes individual notes are beautiful but when mixed together they become like the protagonists of IN COLD BLOOD!).

By further process of elimination, I deduce that what I dislike about this fragrance, which clearly aspires to be a skin scent, is not the musk, nor the amber, nor the sandalwood, all of which I appreciate in many other perfumes.

What I find mildly repellent in CASHMERE MIST is the synthetic suede note. It is very detectable and somewhat unsettling, in addition to being very long-lasting. Why does this note bother me so? Perhaps because it smells like something trying to smell like suede. It does not really smell like suede. This artificiality mars the rest of the composition, rendering CASHMERE MIST not entirely unwearable, but also not something I would ever buy again. Nor will I need to, since this bottle will not be emptied in my lifetime!

LoveLy
LoveLy

i used to not have any feeling towards this one because my mom wears it and i always considered it "her scent" but now i love it and i'm going to start using it lol

ebijou
ebijou

This fragrance smells great on me. I love baby powder smell and vanilla, and Cashmere mist is just that. The vanilla isn't too strong, which I appreciate. My boy friend always says how much I smell good when I am wearing this one. Also, do buy the EDP, don't care for the EDT -- so different to me. EDP is long lasting, warm and soft, where the EDT has a fresh weird start.

I don't find it suitable for work - because I work in a very conservative environment, maybe? Still, a staple for me for all the other days. Love the deodorant too!

bonastanzi
bonastanzi

I really thought I'd like it since I typically like woody orientals with bergamot, but I seem to be in the small percentage on which this doesn't work. I think it's the suede note that somehow turns out ever-so-sickly-sweet. I do get the powdery/milky part, but it overall makes me nauseous. I tried waiting it out, but no luck. Please sample this before you go and buy it.

mezzha
mezzha

This smells heavenly to me - two words i can think of, pure and white. Its so soothing and calming.

Natalia78
Natalia78

Absolutely luxurious and irresistible fragrance.Works like a warm cashmere scarf in winter; embracing and sexy. One of the most unique fragrances on the market.

Dardona
Dardona

I've been wearing this for a very long time. It always seems to react well with my chemistry unlike other fragrances that have changed over time. I love the fact that it's light and powdery and long lasting. My husband on the other hand doesn't care for it on me. But this wil always be part of my wardrobe.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I think this one is so soft that it gets to soft..very easy,light,powdery smell.Great if you dont want to stand out to much.The name suits the smell perfectly,when you smell it you think of something soft and white..

elisa321
elisa321

To me this perfume smells warm and cozy yet fresh and clean at the same time. Maybe that's why I like (and bought) it. It's unusual for me to like perfumes that smells strongly of vanilla and/or "baby powder" which, to me, this perfume seems to smell a lot like. However, as others here have said, this scent just seems so nurturing and motherly, so comforting. Even though it also strikes me as an ultra feminine scent (which I usually don't like), it is not overly sweet. I agree with whoever said this is scent is "cute". To me this is a cozy and loveable scent.

Oh, and I can totally smell the suede. Not so much the jasmine, however. This does not really strike me as a floral perfume, not when it's on me, at least.

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

I bought this based on so many good comments. I bought it unsniffed, and I think I am not that kind of person who like something too feminine...I don't think it's soft, in fact it's sharp white floral scent. It's just too sharp and I resist to smell myself after I put it on...I admit it's kinda clean smell but I don't really like it.

gucci
gucci

i think this perfume is worth buying and wearing it, it's so powdery and soft oh and it's very musky super duper classy for mostly any age

Vivi
Vivi

I have wanted this fragrance for years. I've tried it so many times at the counter in the department store I'm afraid they know what I want when I come over. I did get a small sample jar of the body lotion or body cream. It does not have quite the same mmmmmmm as the spray. My husband does not like it. Even though it has amber in it, it is not overpowering for me.

mmizy

thanks Ester, Fairylight7 and APassionateJourney for clearing that up for me i thought i was way off.

Fairylight7
Fairylight7

This fragrance did not launch in 04. I wore it when I lived in Greece- that was 2000.

Anyway, to any British fans of this fragrance; Marks and Spencers 'Autograph New York' is a cheaper smell-a-like.

Lovely powdery feminine scent.

hibernation
hibernation

Even though I love powdery scents this one gave me a massive headache.No, not for me.

mmizy

Cashmere mist was one of my very first perfumes. Even though it was too mature for me at the time. I still enjoyed the smell of it. Went through two bottles My only thing is did it really launch 2004 because i wore it as a sophomore in high school and that was 2001? Curious. A nice woody powdery scent.

Malibu
Malibu

I’m on the fence with CASHMERE MIST. It’s feminine, light & easy to wear; it can be worn to work, on the weekends with jeans & for evenings out.

This is a softly spoken floral scent that is quite soapy on first application. The base is a clean wood & musk blend.

The bottle is pretty, plus the staying power is very good. Also, the price is reasonable.

But, good points aside, there is nothing unique about CASHMERE MIST that would make me want to re-buy it. It would be a good choice for a gift, as it’s not disagreeable & it is good for all ages.

Sterling Maiden
Sterling Maiden

I was surprised to see Suede listed as an ingredient - I suppose that means a soft leather smell - but I smelled none of that. Rather, on me it is soft and powdery, wonderfully warm and comforting. Wearing it truly feels like getting out of a warm bath, and wrapping myself in the softest, thickest white terrycloth bathrobe. I think this is a winter scent, for cozy nights staying in, sipping a cup of hot cocoa by the fire.

I hope to add it to my collection by next winter.

A soft, powdery musk with touches of florals. Pretty, easy to wear. Fine for work in small doses.

amanda
amanda

ive just tried it, and i liked it, its a light and seductive and sweet type of oriental floral scents

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Paint stripper. I can't believe that a perfume with floral top notes I personally adore can hit me so hard between the eyes within 10 seconds of putting it on. It must be something about my skin because it smelt lovely on paper, tender and warm. On me it was just boltingly ugly; I suppose I should have been impressed by its staying power. Right now I have washed it off with an unscented soap, and it lingers yet, base notes threatening attack. Horrible.

mymlan
mymlan

Cashmere Mist has a warm, sweet, milky, almondy and intriguing smell. It is alluring and you want to get closer to it. There is a lot going on here but in a soft, perfect balanced way. A warming fragrance that I recommend for winter days.

edit: Unfortunately (for me) someone wrote it smells like paint stripper and that started to annoy me so much I had to sell it of. :/

Suzy
Suzy

It smell very soft and slightly sweet on me. It does smell a bit like baby powder, but is much richer and warmer. I do wish it didn't stay so close to my skin and left more of a trail.

azuriiita
azuriiita

This is powdery, soft, feminine, subtle, discreet... I think its one of the most cute fragrances that i could remember. Maybe is possible this dislikes some people... a girl at the store, did comment to me: "yaaaaaakkk its not for me"... But, i think it's an interesting scent ... And condensed milk is an interesting description Malegria jajaja

Malegria
Malegria

At first, when I tried it, I was feeling a little nauseated and could not belive anyone can like it. It smelled like some kind of chemical or the roach poison to me...But I did not want to give up so fast - the lady who sent me a vial, gave her best reviews and I wanted to know if there is a teeny tiny reason why.I am so glad I did not go to wash it off right away...It is so nice on me - like a soft baby powder, and as Tangledvines wrote - milk, which I like. More like condenced milk, of course. There is something motherly about this perfume,it hugs you and warms you up - may be that`s why my children loved it!
Finally I got it for myself, and this time it was EDT concentration, not EDP. Let me tell you - this version does not have such a sharp opening, but also it has a little less personality that attracted me so in EDP.

tangledvines
tangledvines

I thought this smelled a little too "milky" on me.

sneza
sneza

...very sexy, and romantic...I receive a lot of compliments on this fragrance from men and women...it has a great smell that last all day...

juliebean
juliebean

I owned this awhile back, but ended up giving it away. It's OK...but it's mostly all "powder". I didn't find any depth with this one.

Passionflower
Passionflower

I love it! I'ts been my favourite for years. Suits any occasion, very feminine but not too overpowering. I get compliments wearing it. This one's a classic to me!

italian girl
italian girl

I am so surprised to hear that this perfume did not work on a few bloggers. Cashmere mist is one of the few perfumes I CAN wear. I get compliments EVERY time I wear this. It smells very posh on me. I also think it can be worn at the office, but with a change of clothes can be a little sexy. Wow.. how interesting people's sense of smell is..

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

With my chemistry Cashmere Mist smells like very weak baby powder mixed with black licorice. It has no substance, it smells cheap on me. I just don't feel luxurious or 'cashmere' when I wear this one. Not me at all.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

I think it smells awful. It's strong and I would imagine the lasting power, great. But by "great" -- I mean bad. As in, this is too strong. It smells of just alcohol to me. Perhaps with a very, VERY subtle hint of amber.

2007
Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

This is a very good daytime, professional fragrance. I can wear it to the office and it is light enough not to offend. Very clean scent, almost reminds me of linen.

2007

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan 3.54 out of 5 based on 1281 ratings and 218 user reviews

Deodorant
Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan TESTER for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 1.0 oz
Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 1.0 oz
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Donna Karan - Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Toilette Spray 1.0 oz No Color - Beauty
Cashmere Mist Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
50.00
Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Toilette Spray, 1 fl oz
Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Toilette Spray, 1 fl oz
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Donna Karan - Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Parfum Spray 1.0 oz No Color - Beauty
Cashmere Mist Perfume by Donna Karan - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
CASHMERE MIST for WOMEN by Donna Karan EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Zappos.com
Donna Karan - Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz No Color - Beauty
Cashmere Mist Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Donna Karan
CASHMERE MIST NECESSITIES
CASHMERE MIST NECESSITIES
Zappos.com
Donna Karan - Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4oz No Color - Beauty
Donna Karan 'Cashmere Mist' Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Toilette 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
88.00
Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Toilette, 3.4 fl oz
Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Toilette, 3.4 fl oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Cashmere Mist fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan Cashmere Mist, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.