Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence Donna Karan for women

Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence Donna Karan for women
dislike

Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence Donna Karan for women Pictures Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence Donna Karan for women Pictures Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence Donna Karan for women Pictures

Donna Karan adds another fragrant pearl to the collection Cashmere Mist which started with the eponymous fragrance from 1994—Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence. Pearl is a feminine symbol of spirituality and art and it was used as inspiration for the new limited edition.

The composition of this pearl edition lines up carefully-selected ingredients—tiare flower, ylang-ylang, neroli and elegant jasmine providing the opulent floral character, embraced by creamy sandalwood and sensual musk. It offers beautiful satin layers of rare Tahitian pearls posing a contrast to warm and sensual cashmere notes.

Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence is available in 50 ml EDP flacons with a pearly sheen, accompanied with perfumed body cream Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence Smoothing Pearl Body Cream 6.1 oz. and perfumed bathing pearls Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence Soothing Pearl Bath Soak 10 oz. Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence was launched in 2012.

Tiare Flower Ylang-Ylang Jasmine Neroli Sandalwood Musk

Cashmere Mist Liquid Nude

Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence Fragrance Reviews

arrode
arrode

I saw this on sale at a local store on a slight discount and I decided to blindly purchase it based on reviews here. I've been very interested in musks lately, so I thought this might be a fun adventure.

On me, it's a very warm, fuzzy musk with a lot of sandalwood peeking through. There is definitely indolic jasmine in this (I once thought it reminded me slightly of cat urine), but it's still very beautiful on me. Warm and enjoyable.

ptilda
ptilda

Blind purchase for me because I was in love with Liquid Cashmere, admired the original Cashmere Mist, and thought this one might be good too. It was a decent price.

Oh wowsers!

Once I smelled this, Liquid Cashmere came off of my "want" list because this hit all the areas that I loved in LC. Granted, this one is less complex, but it's that stunningly gorgeous smooth velvet (cashmere?) sense that I get from both.

I immediately am washed over by a brilliantly blended softness of delicate (but not fruity-sugary-sweet) musk and flowers. I've had some recent fragrances become overwhelming in the woods at the drydown, but not Pearl! No Sir, she keeps that lovely softness and femininity throughout with the sandalwood just holding her up.

This is the one scent I've bought recently (and I've bought a lot) that I've had multiple people (family, because I was testing it at home at the time) react enthusiastically. And these were mostly young 20-somethings (nieces and nephews and significant others) who were hanging out at my house. So this is most certainly NOT an overly mature scent. It's so soft that it seems appropriate for every occasion, but the silage and longevity is very good so that it is also backs up its beauty with a little brawn.

Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

Initially I can detect a soft musky powder with Tiare flower. It reminds me of the smell when you go into a bathroom after someone just emerged from a shower, powdered and applied a jasmine lotion and musky perfume. Very fresh and soft!

Lannielui
Lannielui

I originally thought I would not like this perfume as one note in the top note ensemble did not thrill my nose. It didn't seem to belong with the others, I believe it is the neroli. However, the more this perfume sits on the skin, the better it smells. It grew on me and I found myself liking the fragrance.

Like a fine wine, it ripens into a wonderful bouquet of scents. It's elegant and graceful, reminding me of a ballerina leaping into the air.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I am a big fan of jasmine.... But not this jasmine. This reminds me of the funky jasmine used in Alien. Not my cup of tea.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

For me, this smelled absolutely gorgeous on the card that I sprayed it on. It was luminous, white, sparkling, fresh, and powdery. I'm a huge fan of white florals, so I was SO quick to spray this on my arm to try it on my skin.

Vom.

This is one of those white florals that simply DOES NOT work on my skin. On my skin, this smells like an unflushed urinal. Jasmine has a tendency to do that on a lot of people...

This is the worst white floral I've ever tried on my skin. Since a majority of people love this on their skin, consider yourselves lucky! Smelling like a urinal is no fun, and I really wish I could enjoy this like everyone else.

sapphira07
sapphira07

Wow i love this scent...such delicious sandalwood.....i just feel good wearing it. others notice it even though i cant smell it heavily on myself and everyone is like "wow you smell wonderful" lol -very good stuff. just wish it was sold in a bigger bottle...it is expensive..but luxurious.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I have tried this one twice now, and the more I try it the more I like it. I haven't really liked the original Cashmere much, I find it too powdery but this one has that extra punch from the flowers, the musk and the sandalwood. I happen to like all of the listed notes so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I like this. To me it smells feminine but classy. I think it's also more suited to slightly older women than for teens or twenty-somethings. A lovely perfume to wear to work or for casual evenings out.

karencherries
karencherries

This perfume is so pretty. Smells more powdery, creamy and soft than original cashmere mist. I don't get as much of the woody essence from this one. It reminds me of cold cream my mom used when I was young. So cozy and elegant, but not stuffy and overly dressy feeling. It's just perfect!

Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence by Donna Karan 3.86 out of 5 based on 59 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.