Designers » D E » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Chaos Donna Karan for women

Chaos Donna Karan for women
dislike

herbal

Chaos by Donna Karan is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for women. Chaos was launched in 2008. The fragrance features sage, coriander, spices and exotic woods.

Sage Coriander Spices Exotic Woods

Chaos
Black Cashmere

Chaos Fragrance Reviews

henri345que
henri345que

From the moment I met Chaos I identified with its aroma and I still consider it one of the best perfumes created in the spicy category. Its smell makes me think of a kind of opposite polarity brother of the labdanum, rose, clove and saffron aroma of the wonderful Black Cashmere. Chaos also has an exotic tone as Black Cashmere, but its aroma is built to be a contrast between the warm, exotic and peaceful and serene, a scent that bring harmony and balance to the chaotic modernity. Its aroma also uses saffron as an important part of this concept, but emphasizing the sweeter side of the spice, contrasting it with peppers, fresh spices and dried herbs for a light, warm and sober impression. Its background have an interesting base of musk, amber, woods and resins that complement the exotic and sober aspect of the composition. Chaos is a feminine creation that contain virtually no flowers or evident floral accents and its even more unisex in its aura than Signature. The version released in 2008 is very close to the original version I had and sold once and it is worth investing in it if found.

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

I’ve tried Chaos three times now and my first impression is always one of soap or other cleaning products which resolves itself into a sort of waxy smell after about 10 minutes. Other than that, it’s lightly spiced sandalwood to my nose. Basically, it smells like a nice candle. After an hour or so it gets slightly smoky for a while…so still like a nice candle.

stinkypinky
stinkypinky

This is my favorite perfume of nearly all perfumes in my collection. I have the original in the crystal bottle and the redoux in the black bottle.

This perfume is a masterpiece.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I have owned both Chaos fragrances the original then the one that Bergdorf Goodman released as a limited edition. The original was stronger, heavier. This version is also strong but slightly watered down. Relatively speaking they smell the same just this one is mildly weaker. This was marketed for a short time then pulled for good. Chaos is an intimate and warm female fragrance ideal for the cooler months. I don't get many compliments on perfumes but this one drew several for me. I recently obtained a bottle of Agent Provacateur L'Agent. Now this is not an exact replica of Chaos but shares many of the same characteristics of her. If you were sad to see Chaos go and looking for a sister replacement try a sample of Agent and see what you think. Chaos is a classic and a huge favorite of mine and always will be.

Jacquelyn1
Jacquelyn1

Love it. One of my go to fragrances. I always get compliments and asked what I'm wearing by total strangers. Smells the same as the original to me.

mmiched
mmiched

ok so I was very curious to try the reformulation of this awesome scent so I picked up a small bottle. Well, I am very impressed and it really does smell just like the original. I have the original so I tested and could not tell the difference. This new one lasts a long time too. LOVE THIS SCENT!!

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

I wore the original so so long ago. Like a lost love I did not appreciate it til it was gone. It was a scent not to be forgotten. Pure mystic and a front runner.
Edit: No, no , no...Reformulation is a black peppery baby powder combination.. Oh so much time and anticipation to have this delivered overseas... This goes to show that see with your eyes not your ears. Hearing something is not always true to life.
: ( to you DK Chaos : (

I am at a loss of understanding as to why Donna Karan discontinued many of her earlier fragrances. Thankfully she has brought them back in the form of limited editions for selected stores. I feel incredibly privileged to have had the opportunity to try both Black Cashmere and Chaos before they disappear from the market for good.

Chaos, to my nose, is a clean, unique and somewhat soapy, sandalwood based fragrance. It's complex, distinctive and expensive smelling.

It's not too heavy, like some woodsy scents tend to be. You could possibly get away with wearing this in the Summer and Spring months. I find the scent to be very relaxing, non-gender specific and thoroughly enjoyable.

The hints of oriental spiciness throughout the composition does bear some similarities to Black Cashmere, just perhaps not as rich, sensual or dark. It's a beautiful fragrance, particularly one that will appeal to any lovers of intense woodsy notes and understated mystery.

The 'chaos' comes from its slightly animalistic nature, which I find rather arousing on both men and women. This is not a fragrance for the faint of heart or for those who consider themselves refined. A hint of carnation every now and then fools you into thinking this is pretty and feminine until the woods force you to think otherwise.

Some reviewers are saying incense, and while it is spicy and smoky in some instances, it is not entirely incense to my nose. Regardless of what people describe it as, or perceive it to be, Chaos is a hauntingly beautiful fragrance that deserves to be around for a long time.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Chaos fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Donna Karan Chaos, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chaos by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chaos by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.