Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

DKNY Be Delicious NYC Donna Karan for women

DKNY Be Delicious NYC Donna Karan for women

DKNY Be Delicious NYC Donna Karan for women Pictures DKNY Be Delicious NYC Donna Karan for women Pictures

Donna Karan launches a new collection of limited edition fragrances DKNY Be Delicious Hearts The World, which consists of four fragrances inspired by and devoted to the following major cities: New York, London, Paris and Rio de Janeiro.

DKNY Be Delicious NYC retains the original composition of DKNY Be Delicious perfume, because it was originally created to encompass the spirit of the metropolis.

Top notes: magnolia, cucumber and grapefruit. Heart: green apple, tuberose, violet, rose and lily of the valley. Base: sandalwood, amber and blonde woods.

The fragrances are available as 50 ml EDP, limited editions. DKNY Be Delicious NYC was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel.

Grapefruit Cucumber Magnolia

Tuberose Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Violet Green Apple

Sandalwood Woodsy Notes Amber

DKNY Be Delicious

DKNY Be Delicious NYC Fragrance Reviews

The Fragrantica authors wrote that it IS the same formula as the original Be Delicious... it "retains the original composition..." so here's my review of the original:

I get Happy in Bloom with a burst of sweet apples. The apples settle down swiftly, and the rose and magnolia appear... then it dries way down to a musky rose/magnolia. The rose is not overpowering or old-fashioned. This really reminds me of my Happy in Bloom, but doesn't get all weird-metallic and overbearing. I love it, it is such a nice break from heavy warm winter scents. I have noticed that I am quite fnd of magnolia. This is well blended and it has a scent that is warm and rich I now realize must be the magnolia, wshich is quite nice with the rose. The green of the apple gives the rest of the bouquet a really nice green feel and really supports the rse and magnolia. Beautiful. 5 mins of initial spray, 6-8 hrs of middle notes, 3-ish hours and counting of musky rose/magnolias at skin level

You might be wondering: isn't DKNY (Be Delicious) NYC redundant? Apparently the scent is too, as many reviewers claim that this limited edition flanker from the Be Delicious cities series smells identical to the original launch of Be Delicious (twenty-eight, count 'em, twenty-eight flankers ago!!!!!).

I have not tried the original DKNY Be Delicious, but if this is what it smells like, I am satisfied that it smells as similar to the Bond no 9 abstract florals as did Be Delicious London. Perhaps even more! No, not really. Only initially. After a few minutes, it becomes fruitier and more annoying.

This is a genre which consumers are being trained to believe is good perfume. If you've already been wearing Chloé (the new one, not the old one), it's just a short hop and a skip away to this sort of abstract fruity-floral juice. Clean and uncluttered; utterly abstract. A perfect illustration of why my Sephora VIB status recently elapsed.

(Became more annoying after several minutes...)

It's almost identical to the original Be Delicious, except this is lighter. More minimalistic, not as loud.

i was looking for dkny be delicious's sample, but all i can get is dkny city in sample size.

NYC is the one that really looks like be delicious, so i tried this one first.

on me, it's more to apple and tuberose, with cucumber and magnolia going up and down between them. I really like it and wish they made it in miniature size. Vial is never enough.

i received samples of all 4 of the be delicious "city" perfumes, so i am reviewing them all:
i can definitely smell the fruitiness right away with this started off as a cucumber-pomelo scent, then turned to apple...this perfume is very fresh...
after awhile, the scent gets woodier and a lot more mature scent, but it always retains that dash of apple...not the best on my skin, but on some people this has to smell amazing

Wait, this is supposed to be the same formula as the original Be Delicious, how can that be? I ask because this smells horrid, the original Be Delicious is a nice green apple scent, while this is a horrible rendition of that. I felt ill wearing it, would never use it again.

akia vida
akia vida

erhm quite weird this one. I received it today, gave it one spray and all I could think was "weird", not ugh just weird.
First minute I smelled citrus with a bit of crushed grass (if that makes any sense).

An hour later the smell wasn't as weird anymore. From a safe distant it smelled quite nice. I say safe distant because everytime I put my nose too close to my wrist to sniff it, it just smelled weird again but while working I kept getting a whiff of the fume and it really intrigued me... for some weird reason :). A fresh, outdoors kinda smell. No flowers that I can detect, nor any apple I ever ate either. A hint of citrus plus some green note (maybe the cucumber?).

About 3 hours later, on my skin, there is still a bit of citrus, again a hint of green (I can not put my finger on what kind of green, maybe the stems of flowers??) and a bit of wood almost like with what you get with Dsquared2 SheWood Golden Light Wood.

Can't say I dislike it. Do I like it ? Hmm :| let's say for now this one intrigues me and I will wear it on occasion.

Edit: I was cutting up a cucumber and it hit me: the green in this scent is the cucumber for sure.... but with a twist or another green note mixed in. It's growing on me... wearing it while typing this edit... not my favourite or a love but a somewhat kinda like it in a weird way :)

At least they smell fresh and really good.

Momo Tse
Momo Tse

I can't agree with you more Sharyssa!!!

this green colored bottle has been done over and over I wonder who is coming up with this? boring! I could think of much better designs for these same ol' boring apple bottles and why do designers keep coming up with the apple shape lolita, nina, dkny????????? pay attention to marc jacobs at least his bottles are different but then again daisy has had so many make overs lol idk!

DKNY Be Delicious NYC by Donna Karan 3.34 out of 5 based on 65 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Be Delicious NYC fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Be Delicious NYC, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Be Delicious NYC by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Be Delicious NYC by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.