Designers » D E » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel Donna Karan for women

DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel Donna Karan for women
dislike

caramel
DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel Donna Karan for women Pictures DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel Donna Karan for women Pictures DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel Donna Karan for women Pictures DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel Donna Karan for women Pictures

Sugared apples were inspiration for the latest collection of fragrances by Donna Karan, who is taking us back to our childhood with these editions, while playing with colours and attracting us with scents of sweet caramel, ripe raspberries and juicy currant.

Caramel, raspberries and currant are the main theme of DKNY Delicious Candy Apples, which can be expected on the market in February 2010. The fun collection is available in limited number, in red, violet and green flacons (50 ml EDP each).

Sweet Caramel is a sweet, tasty, simple fragrance created of sugared blend of fruit, flowers and candies to be a true challenge for all those you like sweets. A wonderful union of apple and pear in top notes with marshmallow takes us to a heart and blends with jasmine blossom which flirts with violet and lily wrapped in green freshness. A base incorporates creamy caramel, soft vanilla and cream which will please your wish for candies.

Red Apple Pear Rose Mallow

Jasmine Violet Lily Green Notes

Vanille Caramel

Victoria’s Secret Angel Dream

DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel Fragrance Reviews

icecube
icecube

Sweet, pleasant smell of green apple gone in minutes. Pooff !!

carriewible
carriewible

It smells like apple scented soap on me. I'm so disappointed!

shopgirl
shopgirl

From the first sniff of the bottle I thought this was a bit too sweet , wasn't sure at first spray thought it might be a bit sickly, but just wait for the dry down! OMG this is beautiful! On the skin this is soft and sweet, I can detect fresh crisp apple and a mix of light caramel and delicate spring blossoms. My new favorite!

Edit:lasts well, projects moderately, absolutely love it!!

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

First off, I've got to say this wasn't what I was expecting. Sweet caramel? Err..not really.
The top notes give me a strong apple with a touch of pear and rose mallow. The combination is fruity, fresh, clean, slightly tart, and slightly sweet. The heart is a grassy shampoo floral, and it's not one to take lightly. To me this is the strongest part of the whole fragrance along with the apple note in the top. The base is a very light vanilla and caramel. A little bit of a let down to me personally.
I like this fragrance, it's alright in it's apple shampooish way. Still, I find myself always layering it to make this the gourmand I really wanted it to be. My fave one to layer this with is chocolovers by aquolina to make it smell like those flippin sweet, chocolate-caramel covered apples from the rocky mountain candy company. I also think a simple caramel or even a marshmallow or vanilla is good at sweetening this up. Just a thought.
Whether you like it plain or layered sweet caramel has it's options :).

stefaniedawnn
stefaniedawnn

This is gorgeous! So glad I discovered this before it was too late to buy (it's now sold out on the website I bought it from, I doubt it will return). It's light & fresh, yet sweet & floral, & it all combines beautifully. The caramel, marshmallow, & green notes just work incredibly well. This is a one of a kind fragrance, the best from DKNY.

cchbg
cchbg

Absolutely LOVE this one. Unfortunately I discovered it too late: they stopped making it :( Can anyone give me a tip on a similar fragrance to try out instead? I've been looking for a "replacement" for some time now but most sweet perfumes are too sweet like Prada candy or Aquolina. Thanks.

hansito
hansito

does anyone think this one can be wore by men too?

joybee88
joybee88

Sorry to say that this one disappointed me. It was a blind purchase online prompted by the good reviews I've read.
Unfortunately on me it smells of apples and nothing else. Just apples. Possibly a tiny bit of sweet caramel on my skin. One hour later it's all gone.
Maybe there's something wrong with the bottle I received. Maybe it's my higher-than-average skin temperature. Maybe it's this hot early summer we've been getting here in southern china. I don't know.
I'll try it in cooler weather and see if it turns out better.

dovey
dovey

now that's what you call a DELICIOUS perfume
the apple toffee bottle is just SUPER CUTE it gives me sugar craving everytime I look at it
there is something about the notes....each one is in its right order & in synchronization with each other
unlike other perfumes where u feel like the notes are fighting with each other & sometimes that ends bad
SWEET-FLORAL-FRUITY-CARAMEL
Cheerful uplifting gives u happy energy & reminds me of a very happy memory
nicely done Donna Karan

Very refreshing , and not too many apples in that nicely made scent. I don't get much caramel at first, but the base is definitely not as crisp as the top notes. I find it to be an easy going fun to wear scent., not very complex yet very attractive.

comfortablynumb83
comfortablynumb83

just received this perfume in the mail today and i really like it. the apple really stands out in the scent, but i do like that. my boyfriend also liked the smell of the scent. it is sweet and a fruity and a bit floral. after the set in, you can smell the apple and caramel the most in my opinion. i would buy this again.

nayapi22
nayapi22

Me encanta! lo compre a ciegas, solo guiandome un poco por lo que decian aqui, y fue un exito. Es un perfume de diario que no molestara a nadie. Es de esos perfumes suaves y calidos, con un toque acido que no deja empalagarte. Es una lastima lo poco que dura en la piel, me dura unas 3 horas, sin embargo lo reaplico porque me encanta. Ojo!!! no lo uses en una fiesta o lugar donde quieras llamar la atencion! demasiado suave e intimo para eso.

nikitajade
nikitajade

I love this. I get a sweet, crisp apple with just the smallest hint of caramel. It's so fresh and gourmand at the same time.

hannahighheels
hannahighheels

i expect it could be sweet smell.but it smell apples n apples n apples.i smell green apples.no sweet notes.too fresh for me.not my favourite type.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I am getting the apple, pear and vanilla - very green, refreshing and uplifting. I'm not really getting any caramel at all though...!!! Once it dries down I then start to smell the violet which I am completely happy with. It's a shame this are not being made any longer as I find this would be perfect for a summer's day. Nothing too complex just a fruity fresh happy inoffensive scent!

lisamiarose
lisamiarose

This fragante is soft and smells like flowers to me. I usually don´t like sweet and sugary scents, but this scent is just perfect! Is a little bit sweet and i like it very much because is strong and lasts long time on my skin :)

miyung
miyung

I just smell lots of flowers and green. That's it unfortunately! No caramel, no apple, no vanilla; nothing sweet at all. If you like sweet, gourment or really fruity scents, you should not waste your money on that or you'll be totay disappointed!

amandajane
amandajane

This is the Best DKNY Fragrance EVER!!!

I truly love this perfume. It is not a tart or sour apple scent like the Be Delicious, it is so much better. It's a delicate creamy marshmallow, vanilla, violet, jasmine, Braeburn apple, sweet gourmand, its dry down is sensual.

Does anyone know of a perfume that is truly comparable???

heatherK
heatherK

For some reason it's my favourite perfume for now. I ususally hate sweet perfume but surprisingly I love this scent.

Sadly it has been discontinued already. I wish I can have another bottle.

Perfumalover
Perfumalover

I usually don't wear "sweet" scents because they are too strong for me, however; this one I can wear because it is fresh and sweet but not too sweet. Love this one and I often wear it maybe once a week or so...

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

LOVE this scent..out of all my fragranes i own this is by far one of my top picks for spring and summer for sure..i love how it mixes fresh tart granny smith apples with vanilla and caramel..i really enjoyed the original be delcious but after trying this one i realize what the original was missing it is this vanilla and caramel mix with the fresh green apple..its perfect thats all i can say..and im not much on really sweet perfumes only a short few and to me this one is not overly sweet on me its more sour with a tinge of sweet....PERFECT

NNN
NNN

Opens very fresh, like the original Be Delicious, with the characteristic apple smell.
But after a few minutes, it becomes more sweet. The caramel and the vanilla notes are amazing in this one... So yummy!
I was expecting something sickening, but this is very good! A perfect balance between sweet and fresh! Can't wait to try the others from the Delicious Candy Apples collection!

Although I am somewhat sick of the numerous versions of DKNY Be Delicious, DKNY Sweet Caramel is a nice interpretation which is thankfully not as tarty or sickeningly sweet as one would expect.

With the scent being driven by a strong presence of caramel and vanilla, this fragrance reminds me of apple crumble with a serve of whipped cream.

There is a slight sharpness with the apple note, however in this particular case it works in unison with the pretty sweet notes. This fragrance isn't as fresh as the original, it is much richer in its approach.

In terms of lasting power, DKNY Sweet Caramel is the best out of the three, lasting well over 8 hours. The combined longevity and the overall scent, makes this fragrance very appealing, especially as a gift for young girls.

I wouldn't call this a complete replicate of the scent of a toffee apple like some are expecting, this is more dessert-like, syrupy almost. It is definitely for those with a sweet-tooth.

Those that love the original Be Delicious may or may not love this fragrance, it really depends on their tolerance for sweet scents and gourmands.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

yummy and fresh at the same time.. nothing exquisite, but perfectly wearable :)

Lottis
Lottis

First test on a gormand scent for me. I have believed gormand perfumes would not be something for me and avoid them until now.

I liked this candy green apple. Maybe because it was't as sweet and caramel as I expected ... rather refreshing. But yes, it's sweeter than the original green if I compare those two... and I prefere this one.

I'll have to try another gormand for experienced this category better.

TanjaS
TanjaS

This one resembles Be Delicious, but it's Be Delicious' chemical counterpart. Chemical green apple. I'm surprised it's a floral fruity gourmand as well, as I didn't detect any caramel. This collection is utterly disappointing.

crakky
crakky

OMG!!! This perfume is so fruity and sweet and...all i could say when i smelled it was: "WOW". Very girly and very cute...even the bottle is perfect! I think that every person on this planet must like this scent...it is adorable!!! =^.^=

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Goodness, I'm not quite sure what to make of this scent! I love the notes, and I agree with others who say that it's not very strong,.. So my wish for it is that it were stronger, to up-it on the gourmand/candy notes, and to tone it down on the green apple,.. that's what is making it seem so light & fresh. For being a so-called 'gourmand' scent, it's too fresh, in my opinion. I still really like it, and I find myself coming back for more, but for the WRONG reason: because it's simply just not strong enough. :/

XSX
XSX

It is a nice perfume, nothing special but not bad. It somehow smells clean, but in a fruity, shampoo way. You can mainly sense green apples and jasmine later on and that is about it.

kittymoon
kittymoon

I expected sweet caramel apple but I found green apple green apple and ... green apple. Nice scent, don't get me wrong, but where is the caramel? Too fresh, it's missing the point for me.

LenaBel
LenaBel

I tried both raspberry one and this one on different wrists yesterday. Well, this one was stronger than raspberry as it was lingering while raspberry was hardly noticable. However, I can't say whether it is stronger than the original as I couldnt compare them.
Caramel Apple smells a lot like the original, just much sweeter, more candyish. It reminded me of Vera Wang Glam Princess for some reason.It is a candy-gourmand, not a warm caramel-vanilla gourmand you might expect. Actually it didnt even dry drown to the vanilla. The green apple note was there all the time though. I do not like the original either but if I had to choose between the two, I would choose this one.
The bottle is very cheapy looking with that plastic top (doesnt look nice in reality)...The original bottle is much nicer.

ALSO, the notes which were listed on the stand in the store were different from the ones listed here. I think notes of cake and marshmallow were written on the stand. Well it makes it even more disappointing then ,as this Apple is certainly not creamy!

Lucero

i agree it smells pretty much just the the original be delicous green just a little toned down,i would rather wear this one than the original though because i found the original a little too strong & musky

I was o so dissapointed. No smell of carmel at all after first 5 seconds, I was all excited, I love carmel apple and it's kinda sad, coulda been awesome.

coco76
coco76

this reminds me of apple scented hair products...I was really looking forward to these special editions and they did not live up to my expectations.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

This smells like the original DK Be Delicious!!! I´m very dissapointed, I don´t smell any candy at all

Lucero

While i see all the comments of people nagging about how light & soft it is compaired to the original be delicious...I SMILIE! Yesss,i think i will like this one way better than the original i found the original to be too strong,so heres hoping i like this one! =]

mwater1
mwater1

DKNY Carmel Apple is a huge disappointment. I enjoyed the original and Fresh Blossom so well that I ran out and bought all three....at full price (and I rarely do that!). I can agree with the other reviews that advised to save your money! If you're going to buy a green apple, just go with the original. This one is a lighter, more subtle version of the original even though the notes say otherwise. It is slightly more floral than the original and the carmel and vanilla drydown didn't even develop on my skin. I was flabbergasted by that one..the whole idea is that this is supposed to be chock full of sinfully decadent carmel goodness! ARRRGGG! I FEEL CHEATED,HOODWINKED, & LED ASTRAY!

Maybe they should have thrown in some almonds or marzipan or fig in this one to make it the true gourmand that I hoped for when I thought about what a carmel apple smells like. I'm not saying it's a bad fragrance, just that it wasn't what was advertised--I'll finish my bottle like a good perfumista, but I will fume everytime I wear it. Poor sillage and lasting power to boot. MEH! Rated 3 out of 10 for being a weak duplicate.

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

Ok...bought this a few weeks ago at the Navy Exchange in San Diego before it was released to the public. Smells very similar to the original to me. Has the same sharpness and I only smell the sweetness - the caramel and marshmallow - upon dry down. Still, I like it and think it's perfect for spring. Four stars!

guest_rena10

dkny...could have came with a stronger scent...with such a bold 3 bottled advertisment and what?...JUST STICK WITH THE ORIGINAL GREEN APPLE...AT LEAST THATS GOT A STATEMENT... these don't. but...like i said..its wearable to go out and feel femme!

guest_rena10

nice...but very soft and light...not very fruity or sweet...just a summery soft light scent in the dead of winter.got the rasberry one too...i even think that berry one has more punch than this. so, im disappointed with this one...its a little weak...berry one is better if u compare but, this is wearable..for a light warm day.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I can't wait until Febuary for this! i wish they didnt start advertising so early. This sounds like it will be my favorit of the 3!

sushijunkie
sushijunkie

Ooooh I can't wait til my local department store carries this new range. I especially want to try this particular one. I lurve vanilla frags and this sounds really yummy :)

DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel by Donna Karan 3.76 out of 5 based on 163 ratings and 42 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Delicious Candy Apples Sweet Caramel by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.