Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 561 I had it: 259 I want it: 429 My signature: 11

smoky
DKNY Delicious Night Donna Karan for women Videos
DKNY Delicious Night Donna Karan for women Pictures DKNY Delicious Night Donna Karan for women Pictures

After the success of apple-shaped fragrances Be Delicious from 2004 and Red Delicious of 2006, in 2007 Dona Karan has presented Delicious Night in the purple design, which matches the new collection of clothes. It was designed by IFF perfumers and composed as floral-oriental fragrance.

It opens with notes of frosted pomelo, ginger, blackberry, pink freesia and martini. The middle notes bring in night orchid, jasmine and pink iris, while the base reveals amber, frankincense, myrrh extract, patchouli and vetiver.

The bottle is a creation of the Laird&Partners house creators. The fragrance comes as 50ml and 100ml EDP, with matching body care products.

DKNY Delicious Night was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Marc Chaillan.

Pomelo Ginger Blackberry Freesia

Orchid Jasmine iris

Amber Incense Myrhh Patchouli Vetiver

DKNY Delicious Night Fragrance Reviews

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

This is so nice and spicy, perfect for a night out. Can definitely feel the ginger, amber, incense, patchouli. It's a little bit on the mature side, but if you have the right personality and skin chemistry it might suit you even if you are Young. It's Really surprising that DKNY has this fragrance in their line, because all of the other perfumes from the brand is all fruity, fresh, floral (and smells kind of all the same imo), so this Really does stand out.

tanzp
tanzp

i just got this as a blind buy , and it so does remind me of church! i like , not love out of 1 to 10 its a 7 for me , and lasting power about 4 hours so not bad ;]

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

That incense scent! I don't know but to me this fragrance smells like church (and maybe a little-little bit of berries).
By the way, it has a nice smell.

IndySA
IndySA

Sometime toward the end of last year, I was in a beauty store / pharmacy with my mother when she picked this fragrance up from a specials bin. As they didn't have a tester I jumped onto this site and quickly via my phone and read some information and reviews on it, then I decided I'd just buy it and give it a shot.

As soon as I left the store I opened the box and sprayed some on my wrist. At first I was a little unsure and slightly turned my nose up, ready to pass it onto Mum. The first thing I thought of was those perfumes that catch the back of your throat as someone walks by and you can't understand why someone would want to wear something so harsh. I think my nose was too quick to judge and instantly picked up the incense and dismissed everything else.

But not long after, something about it began to warm to me. I fell in love with the ginger notes, it's warm (yet it also has a real crisp kind of vodka/gin zestiness) and spicy with just a hint of smokiness. The bottle itself is so inviting as I'm drawn to all things purple...

Yesterday morning when I put this on I thought to myself how I should really look for another bottle to have as a backup supply. That afternoon, I walked into another one of those stores just to buy a bottle of water, the perfume was not even on my mind at the time, and as I lined up, to my surprise, directly in front of me I spotted this fragrance on special, there was just one box sitting there, waving at me! ;) It was clearly meant to be, given the thought I had that morning!

anne888
anne888

Love,love,love

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

The best way I can describe this is as a sexy shampoo. I still smell the characteristic apple and the berries, which gives it a Garnier Fructis sort of vibe, but there's also some earthy patch and some incense underneath. Overall pretty unremarkable, this does stand out a little from the other scents in this line though.
Oh, I will confess that I understand where other reviewers are coming from with the cigarette smoke hint. This does smell a little like a smoker's fresh laundry. Interesting.

fatimasvk
fatimasvk

love the bottle .I cant smell any fruits on me just Smokey tones insence with some vanilla 2,3h after....very dramatic....would suit my husband

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

When I was a very young child, many vacations were spent at my uncle's semi-farm where he grew blackberries (along with spruce trees). Delicious Night takes me back to the glorious feeling of walking through the rows of berries... jamming them into my mouth... inhaling the smell of berries and the spruce trees. Wonderful! The incense/patchouli in this frag is very evident, as well. Holding the charming apple-shaped bottle fills me with joy. A terrific, rather inexpensive find.

katrinpauts
katrinpauts

That`s my favourite night scent. Very sweet and warm, but it`s definitely smoky, mature sweetness. And I can sniff my all time favourite accord, iris, in it. It`s dark, mysterious and sexy.

verysherry
verysherry

dkny dElIcIOUs nIght

i bought this 2 years ago, hated it,shelved it...some how while showing off my collection to a guy friend, he admired it so much... i wore it and started getting too many complements to hate it!
definitely an acquired love

longevity : 4 hours plus
sillage : armlength
value for money : yes,if you find it!

Alexandre
Alexandre

Reminds somewhat of Dior Addict, but more incensed and spicy due to less fresh ginger and ... Super quirky, I found it quite unique! Sad ceased to be produced.

vanillary29
vanillary29

Possibly the best of the Be Delicious lot! A deep, sultry, juicy berry scent with smokey incense and earthy patchouli. The ginger is not very pronounced but adds a certain warmth to the scent. Projection and longevity are both outstanding. I can understand how people accustomed to the regular Delicious scents might not appreciate this, but for those looking for a sexy, deep, yet fruity night time scent, Delicious Night is the way to go!

absinthe13
absinthe13

Erin, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Erin perfume addict
Erin perfume addict

I have no idea why I impulsively bought this. To my nose this smells cheap, plastic and synthetic. I literally could not give this away.

Elmyra
Elmyra

Too masculine for me. This Vetiver and insense combination in particular, doesnt do it for me

IceAnge1
IceAnge1

My sister loves red delicious, my mom loves the original and none of them ever suited me until i found this little beauty. It's very deep, incense, sweet, almost unisex at first spritz but after 30 minutes its more feminine. I'm glad I finally found a DKNY that I myself love. =]

Eos
Eos

This opens as a lush berry-patchouli and dries down to a dark, burnt incense-myrrh-vetiver combination. I would definitely call this unisex and would love to smell the dry down on a man, but I'm not truly comfortable wearing this myself.

JFrags
JFrags

freesias..... makes me think this could be what bella from twilight smells like lol

I wrote a review on this on another website I had originally bought it for my partner now I'm regretting it because I could've swapped it here with someone else lol

it's pretty... exorbitant in florals..

lulu69
lulu69

nothing than a very heavy headache :(

anyway the bottle is so sexy...considering to purchase just because of it! lol

Fernannda
Fernannda

This perfume changes with the weather, spraying stands out in the summer of blackberry and note using in winter stands inceso notes, for those who like oriental perfume I recommend.

allycatt77
allycatt77

this perfume came out really powdery smelling on my skin, and I normally dont like powdery or berry scents, but i really like this one :)

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

OMG, this is such an intoxicating fragrance! The scent of blackberry, with incense (I dont get too much ginger except in the drydown, though I'm sure that and the other notes give the fragrance extra dimension) makes for a sweet mix that smells fabulous to me.

It isnt a gourmand, bakery sweetness. It seems to last and last, and from what I can tell, sillage seems good.

It's quite strong, for a woman who can hold her perfume, despite its intoxicating character.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

something about this scent gives off a mysterious and gothic kinda vibe when I smell this, its spicy and smoky and is indeed perfect for the night on the town.

the opening starts off as light and berry/citrus with a dominant but soft gingery zest then warms up into a smoky and incense dry down with a hint of earthy patchouli

in my opinion, this is a great scent, I like it alot and may consider a getting a bottle, unlike her light,fruity and happy go lucky sisters, this sister is the black sheep of the family

timida88
timida88

I treat DKNY brand as very commercial and only few perfumes are worth of attention. This one is the most interesting. I could wear it as date perfume because it has something seductive in heart. Yeah it literally smells delicious! Please try if you like fruity sweet perfumes with a hint of smoke :)

Ebony58
Ebony58

I'm not a big fan of the Be Delicious scents but this is my exception. This makes me feel confident and sexy. I love that it's woody and not too sweet. It smells great when you first put it on. But it smells even better after about 15 minutes. It's not too over powering which is great when I'm around smell sensitive patients.

szilviabartha
szilviabartha

I ordered it after reading many good reviews. It does not match my body chemistry. smells very spicy on me. Like Kenzo Jungle... If anyone interested I have it for swap...

Sashie
Sashie

The name is suitable, this is a nighttime scent with a little bit of mystery and quite original.
I think it is discontinued, which is too bad, I think it's a better scent than most of the other DKNY apple scents.

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

this was a blind buy,sort of.I had never smelled it before,and it has a lot of notes that I like in it.Plus,I really like the DKNY apples,and Be Delicious is my signature.so,I decided to add to the apple family,and this seemed like a natural choice for me.
It is definitely a night time scent,great for a date,or a girl's night out.I wore it on one of my overnight shifts at work.I really love this scent.It's definitely not something I would normally wear,it's very dark,and heady.
Upon application,I got a heavy blast of blackberry and ginger,almost like a dessert,but mingled in was the incense,giving it a very smoky quality.It was very strong,almost too strong,was a little nervous it would be too much.it did calm down by the time I got to work,becoming a slightly swet,yet smoky incense smell,that seemed to envelop me. I really enjoyed wearing this,I felt sexy,and powerful,like a seductress out to find her next victim lol.
It is truly sexy,and seductive.Bold,assertive,and very alluring.Sillage is phenomenal,I felt like I was filling the room,yet I didn't care.I want people to smell my perfume,and hopefully enjoy it as much as I do.Longevity is amazing as well,a good 12 hours,with the last two being close to skin,but still smoky sexy incense.
Before this scent,I wasn't too sure about insense in my perfumes,afraid I'd smell like a head shop,but that was not the case.It is just a very sexy scent,ideal for a date,or maybe an evening in,with that special someone.A scent made for seduction!highly recommend this,for anyone wanting to feel sexy or powerful,with that certain vampy vibe!

madgefan
madgefan

Just got this. It's been on my wish list. It's sweet but in a mature, sophisticated way. It's not an overwhelming, young girl kind of sweet. It's clean and fresh. The ginger adds some spice to it but it's also in a clean and fresh way. Overall, Delicious Night is a great blending of an aromatic freshness and a sexy sultriness. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to add some va va voom to their wardrobe but isn't interested in taking it to the next level a la Dior's Poison.

maeculpa
maeculpa

Hello much maligned fruity floral.

Blackberries are good!

This has been lurking on my table for a couple of years now and like cornflakes, I forget how good it tastes.

Less popular than the apple scent which at one point was everywhere, I love the blackberry scent. I am sure it is designed to appeal to teeny boppers but I find it delicious, simply delicious! and it brings me back to black berrying expeditions in my childhood where we would spend the whole day in the Wicklow mountains and then my mother would make jam. I have much more history with blackberries than with any other fruit. Mixed with the incense the whole thing becomes a bit knicker drawer naughty, but it is not skanky. Great evening scent and I must say I get so many compliments wearing this stuff.

leeleeB
leeleeB

This was a blind buy for me, I read reviews on it and I thought what the heck I will order it. I spent today testing it out. I am not good at distinguishing notes so bare with me.

This starts out very strong and different, almost reminds me of sparkly fruity pop. Stays sweet on me with a hint of warmth.

Not sure of projection, my nose became immune to the scent so I couldn't tell if I was wearing too much..... oh my!! Family didn't react either way.

I will keep it and test it again, I do like it though and I love the bottle!!!

ioana
ioana

i actually like the aroma of this parfume ... so sexy...but on me it doesn't last for more than 3/4 hours; anyway, i love it - it make's me feel good

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

I bought this as a blind buy and the notes here didn't make it sound as sweet. Reality is, it's very sweet, very fruity, but it's the only DKNY Delicious that didn't give me a headache with the sweetness of it all. It's heavy on the incense but only initially, then all fruit then florals. It kind of reminds me of a Bath and Body Works berry scent which I wasn't too fond of, except it last longer than BBW scents obviously since its an EDP. It's pretty though incense, berries and florals with a woody amber dry down. I don't smell the patchouli as much, and don't smell any ginger or citrus. It last about 8 hrs. Would I buy it if it wasn't a blind buy, if I smelled it at a store. Not sure, most likely not but the incense makes me keep it.
Without the incense, this kind of reminds me of Lolita Lempicka Midnight (Eau de Minuit)

Youmi
Youmi

blindly look for it and bought it based on the review about this parfume...
im not a fan of sweet scents like berry, but suprisingly i love this one.. the only sweet parfume i have.
it is sweet but strong at the same time.. its sexy, sensual and seductive but misterious.
men really love it!

camilarbm
camilarbm

Delicious Night is COMPLETELY different from the others. It’s the ugly duckling of the family, which has nothing ugly.

Delicious Night’s opening is quite explosive: a beyond sensual mixing of incense ashes and mulberry wine scents. Some people think that the “incensed” smells are somehow masculine, but this doesn't happen at all. Delicious Night’s scent is really feminine (and S-E-D-U-C-T-I-V-E). As the fragrance develops, this mixture becomes warmer because of the woody bottom and also the deeper (and kind of darker) floral that begins to show up in the composition, giving a nice touch of mystery. This fragrance is quite exotic, provocative and intense.

Unlike its brothers – which in my perspective are designed for teenagers – Delicious Night reaches young adults. Excellent choice for night outs, where the chosen outfit asks for a bolder scent. On cold nights this scent is divine.

Even thought they don’t look alike, I believe that Ange ou Démon’s fans are going to enjoy Delicious Night

Hollie31
Hollie31

Sprayed on fabric, the over-riding note I get is blackberry. However on my skin, this almost immediately dries down to incense, jasmine and amber... Although this is a lovely understated, sexy fragrance, i'm a little dissapointed that I can't smell the ginger!

ingalee
ingalee

This is a very sexy perfume, suitable for evening, some mysterious feeling well.

It is a warm and spicy fragrance, and you feel even a little bit of the scent of blackberries or other soft fruits, a little sweet, it is also, mmm this is a favorite!

I really like this!

I quite enjoy Delcious Night, it is a bit dark, a bit mysterious, and sexy, I don't find it vile one bit.
It isn't a fresh summery scent that is obvious, it is urban, fruity in an intense way.
Nice for nights out, or in the dead of winter, or simply anytime as it isn't heady, it is more mysterious than strong.
Some Donna Karan scents are too woodsy for me, but Delicious Night isn't, it is simply a delicious sexy scent. It never gets too strong as far as incens goes.
It is quite fresh at first then it gets more oriental , yet never dry nor masculine.

branda324
branda324

I personally quite enjoy this one, and it's the only one I have from DKNY so far.
I'd say this one is very unique. It smells like wine and dried longans(or raspberry?) at first.It's very strong, very sweet, and it can almost make you feel drunk smelling it.
After a while the smell of cigarettes and incense comes up and holds the whole thing. It becomes warm and sensual, then it can be called a balmy scent, especially for those girls whose dad smokes.
It's definitely a night time scent.It's very dark and noir and sexy. You can imagine the clubs and bars with colorful lights and dancing girls around you. IMO it's not an appropriate school scent or working scent; it smells almost "indecent", but in a good way XD. It smells like cities and night life, and I can say that it's truly "100% PURE NEW YORK"(which is on the sticker on the cap).
The logevity is not so good but it's enough for a date.

highly recommended if you go out a lot at night. I'll use it more when I have the chance lol

Rockafella
Rockafella

I really didn't like this, while I loved the DKNY delicious apple and fresh blossom perfumes. This was simply too strong! I put it on, and I kept sneezing! This is definitely something to wear at night though, if you want everyone to be able to smell you :P As someone said, the beginning is like cough drops, but after that it's ok, just something that reminded me of a man's perfume!

niecwiecio
niecwiecio

This is so awful.. I've never smelled anything worse than this.. It's like some kind of rotten incense. Yuck.

Bechowe

Really gorgeous - similar to Tom fords noir de noir except a fraction of the price. Sweet and musky it really is a stand out night time scent. Well done DKNY. A firm fave of mine x

TheCountess
TheCountess

I've never been a fan of DKNY because most of her perfumes are way too fruity and I don't like that at all in a perfume. But, I started doing some research to have a good judgement, and came across this beauty. I read the reviews in Fragrantica and decided to find it. Sadly, it wasn't available in most stores. I went to Perfumania, and there it was. I tried it and it was just intoxicating. It is fruity, don't get me wrong, but it's not what's most important in the mix of the juice. I think that the incense gives it that smoky and balmy feeling that made me want to get it for myself. It's really sexy and draws a lot of attention, and of course, that's always a plus in my book.

cleo777
cleo777

Oh, the nicest lady at the department store gave me a tiny jar of the body cream in this scent, as a freebie with purchase, it was so adorable! And I LOVED the blackberry spicy woody scent! After a few months it "turned" on me though and the scent went off, I had to toss it. I went back to buy the EDP but alas, it was gone, being seasonal and all. Sigh. I always seem to miss these ones.

starfish
starfish

Today I stopped by a perfume warehouse on the way home from a funeral to cheer myself up and found this lovely comforting scent.

It reminds me a great deal of Oscar de la Renta-Oscar Gold without the citrus top notes. My first impression immediately after spraying was strong alcohol which quickly wafted into a fruity, smokey sweetness. Soon after there was no mistaking the incense and patchouli Right now am experiencing a wonderful powderiness which I guess is the middle.

Looking forward to getting to the base...

Bettany87
Bettany87

This is not a review, this is just to respond to a fellow Fragrantica member question: Hi, Verysherry. To answer your inquiry, balloons next to a perfume review indicate the popularity of the review. The more people vote "thumbs-up," the more balloons appear. :)

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Starts out great... just like CK Euphoria, and all the other plum based perfumes I like. But pretty quickly, it turns soapy, which is a characteristic I do not like.
Bummer. If you are okay with a little soapy, and you like CK Euphoria, you'll like this. BTW, I don't get that its like Fancy Nights AT ALL. FN is straight up wonderful patchouli and amber... I don't detect much of that in this DKNY.

incandescent
incandescent

Personality: Provocative, free-spirit, urban, enigmatic, impulsive.

Age: 20-30...but 30+ women can pull this one off as a day-time scent.

Scent: Smoky blackberries, cool citrus, spicy ginger, and dark woods. For those who love blackberry, incense and ginger notes and cannot tolerate sweetness, try this. The scent itself is one-of-a-kind with its own personality, Donna Karan's best fragrance in my opinion.

When: Best for night-time in any season...but it's not too strong and can also be worn in the day-time, especially in fall/winter.

Where: Clubbing, bar-hopping, dating, and nights out and about...for more mature women 30+, this can also be an office/day-time/casual scent.

Sillage/Longevity: Medium Sillage (depends how much you spray on), Longevity is Average (~5 hours).

JUST FOR FUN: This is a very Scorpio scent, especially those with Scorpio as their Sun or Venus sign, it captures their essence well. It also suits Aries having fun, complementing their bold, go-getter energies.and direct, 'no-frills' personalities.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

This fragrance I discovered in a fragrance swap. What a great find! I really enjoy this one. I agree with the reviewer who stated that this perfume is a "night fragrance for the tame". I, too, wear this fragrance during the day.

On my skin I get the orchid, a hint of blackberries, the pomelo, and a touch of myrrh and amber. Though, the orchid and pomelo are the foremost notes on my skin during the first few hours. After this simmers on my skin for over 4 hours the myrrh and amber really come alive. I really like this one.

This fragrance has a low sillage, which makes this a nice intimate scent or a scent that could very well be worn in hot weather.

Delicious Night also reminds me of CKs Euphoria in the intial top notes, though it's sillage is not as strong as Euphoria on my skin. Whereas, Delicous Nights it takes 2 sprays, Euphoria only takes 1 on me. They both are very long lasting fragrances.

marcello19
marcello19

Tested it a year ago. On paper it was horrible, so I didn't try it on my skin. A week ago, I had an idea to retest it once again, because it was on sale in a fragrance store, so I gave it another try. This time it smelled divine, so strong, that evokes self-confidence, it is dark, but can be a daytime fragrance as well, suitable for spring and even in hot weather too, I can imagine that this is the perfect summer night out fragrance. I can smell of course the blackberry, incense, ginger, pomelo, orchid, and the jasmine, I have a feeling that this contains musk at the base. Longevity is superb, lasts even more on clothes, so I decided to invest in it, rapidly landed in my all-time favourite fragrance list.
Overall: 9.5/10

CozyCat

This perfume requires a certain look or a certain attitude to be able to pull off in the day-time. It definitely evokes a night out in the city better than any scent I've ever come across. If this fragrance were a woman she'd be an exotic looking long-haired brunette with sultry, kohl-rimmed eyes, in her 20's, decked in stilettos, a little black dress, blackberry martini in her hand, a sinister smile on her lips and a lusty look in her eyes. She's not a tramp...she's a tease, a heartbreaker and manipulator...she has an air of danger and mystery about her, and is possibly the daughter of a mafia don. You just don't mess with her. Delicious Night is a deep and spicy blackberry incense scent...dark, distinctive and urban. It's like a young Poison in terms of personality, but more carefree than menacing. I love this one for nights out and about. I only wish Delicious Night had better projection and longevity.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

This is a "night fragrance" for the tame - I wear it much more often during the day. I believe it gives a spicy *hint* of what mystery and darkness might come from a night with you ;) It reminds me a lot of Calvin Klein's Euphoria, except less masculine and more girly since the deep woodiness of Euphoria is replaced with sweeter berries.

This starts off with a lot of berries that slowly blend with ginger (interesting combo)... and then it gets smokier as the incense develops and lingers. There's also something quite powdery here the longer you wear it. The reason I wouldn't call it a "night" fragrance, per se, is because it stays very close to the skin and isn't very bold. I spritz it liberally and it lingers around for the whole day but isn't very statement-making or intrusive. But it still has an EDGE and a unique factor, which is why I love wearing it during the day ;)

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

deep, very mature and not related to the original one .. It reminds me of belle d'opium or midnight poison I didn't expect the smell to be like that ..
very dark & lack of freshness & sweetness ,, not for me ..

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have been trying this at the store because I really wanted to buy it but it just smelled like Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights to me. I like it but it is not different enough for me to get it at the moment while I am still using the Jessica Simpson one. I really couldn't notice a lot of difference between the two. I have not tested it on my skin over a long period of time but I will and I will see if it dries a lot different to Fancy Nights.

kimee
kimee

This fragrance was really bizarre for me! On the initial spray it reminded me so much of Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir (which I adore but don't own yet). It was deep, fruity and delicious! However, it started to turn really floral and soapy right before my very nose. The darkness completely disappeared! So strange. I would definitely have bought this if it wasn't for the bizarre polar reaction with my chemistry!

Tovah
Tovah

Delicious Night is by far my favorite of the plethora of Delicious fragrances. It's deep and ambery, but the mixture of incense and boozy notes makes this unique and irresistible! The color of the bottle is lovely.

The heart has reasons
The heart has reasons

I like this perfume in very cold weather especially the dry down. What I don't like is waiting for the scent to mellow. And I have always felt it needed a little vanilla to really please me. So I had a brainstorm to layer with Kate Walsh Boyfriend. A very good mixture for my body chemistry. The sharpness of DKDN topnotes are tempered by the addition of Kate Walsh Boyfriend. The end result is more complex and subdued , surprisingly.

LeSentirTout
LeSentirTout

I don't know exactly how I feel about this fragrance. I'm not the biggest fan of heavy/warm/spicy/incense fragrances but this one is OKAY. I really have to be in the mood to wear this and will ONLY wear it in the dead of winter. It smells like incense with a little bit of sweetness.

green_blossom
green_blossom

i got it as a present, and i think i'm not gonna use it..too heavy..

soulflwr
soulflwr

Disclaimer! Sorry to those who love this fragrance, but I'm about to give it a BAAAD review.
--------------------

Alright, this one is STRONG and the mixture of smokey incense and overripe fruit is just WRONG. It seems as if something is missing between the two opposing accords, there needs to be something a little more understated in there to bridge the gap between the suffocating incense and loud fruits. Not to mention the berry note they chose for this composition is the exact berry note that car freshener companies choose for their nifty little cardboard trees. (not a fact, just speculating)

With that said this is definitely for someone who wants a brazenly sexy fragrance associated with their person. Because this one does not say...

"Hey there. *wink* I'm sexy. *giggles*"

This one here says....
"Hey! *WINK* SEEEEEXXXX!!!"

So if that's the look your going for...get this.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

The instant I smelled Delicious Night I was reminded of Estee Lauder's Sensuous Noir. It had that same deep dark fruity floral aroma with a bite. With Sensuous Noir, I had tried unsuccessfully to figure out what that "bite" was, as it was the only thing keeping me from loving that fragrance. In Delicious Night, I get the blackberry, yes, but what strikes me is an intense note of an almost sour, bitter....something. In comparing the ingredients of the two fragrances, I didn't see much in common, but in researching the aroma of "myrrh" I read that to some, it has a pine-y quality. Sensuous Noir had pine! Had I found the missing link? Either way, in SN, that peculiar note was kind of stinky, sharp, and not well blended. In Delicious Night, it definitely projects itself, but in a much smoother, more resiny way. And DN does have that midnight vixen quality I love in a "dark" fragrance. Its not a scent I could wear on a regular basis, but the more I do wear it, the more I enjoy its tangy, "wow, what IS that?" scent.

misscareyann
misscareyann

Starts out as a deep purple ginger/blackberry syrup that has something dangerous lingering in the background. Delicious Night developes into a gorgeous patchouli/incense, which is dark and sexy. This is truly a fragrance that I can smell the different stages as it dries down. I love every side of this fragrance. Definitely a departure from the entire Be Delicious collection. Not for those looking for the bright, fruity apple compositions. This is more of a forbiden fruit.

cammellina85
cammellina85

When I tried it for the first time on paper, I didn't like it, because I felt it too woody. After having sprayed it on my skin I changed my mind, because I could smell the berries and the martini! Now I like it so much and I am looking forward to buying a new bottle! It's very nice for winter time, and the staying power is good too!

kutyafina
kutyafina

Sweet & Sassy :)

CozyCat

This is delicious indeed...it's fruity like its sisters and share a similarly shaped container, but the resemblance ends right there. DN is definitely richer and more complex in comparison. And this time it's blackberries instead of apples. There's a mysterious smoky-woodsy quality to it and I definitely get a spicy kick from ginger. The vibe I get from this scent is dark, provocative and captivating. But yes, blackberry is the queen in this kingdom. It's my favorite in the whole series as it really stands out and I haven't come across a similar scent from other designers. I happen to find this suitable for day-time too, just not on warm days spent outdoors. One of my favorites. I just wish it were longer lasting.

sofababe
sofababe

Delicious Night is sexy, sexy, sexy!!!! It projects well, without choking those around you, lasts forever (till the next morning and beyond!) and always brings compliments from both genders. A winner all round and I wouldn't be without it.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A modern, commercial scent which for the most is quite sexy..

0-15 mins. Initially intense, a mixture of fruity and floral. After 3 mins then realised this was quite sexy, blackcurrant is most prominent but not intense

15 mins - 3 hours. Projection ok, approx 1-1.5 foot around. Scent settles down to an average smell, not unique, still quite sexy though, so no complaints there..

3- 4 hours - Little to no projection, spiciness kicks in and not as nice a smell now

4-7 hours- No projection. Spiciness goes and instead soapiness comes, but not too soapy and better smell

Quite sexy to begin with but not so long lasting, so I recommend you get a small 30ml bottle and keep with you, to apply when you feel necessary!

FleurM.
FleurM.

I never review perfumes and this is definitely TMI but during the usual "alone time" that yes, even us ladies have, I was wearing this very sexy scent and it was noticeably turning me on! What is in this magic potion? I don't know but if you feel like feeling great, uh, multiple times... Wear this scent.

originalparafan

On a serious note, this stuff is so sexy. When you spray it, it's like ow ow sex bomb! I received this in a swap, never having tested it before. I was testing a very sweet perfume and then this one and HATED it at first. In comparison it smelled so musky, masculine, bitter and kind of just smelled like men's calogne. I was like -gag- but I decided to give it another try and i'm in love. In looooove. I was always on the lookout for a sexy, seductive, dirty, wild perfume and thought i'd find it in the Agent provocateur line but failed. Everything the positive reviews say about Agent provocateur and L'agent and everything they're about, i wanted but the AP perfumes smell too old for me, there's this dreaded rose note in L'agent that gags me.. Also this weird plasticky smell. They just pretty much stink horribly to my nose. Far from sexy. This hit the nail on the head. With Delicious night, it opens kind of masculine, dirty and cold (if that makes sense,) then calms down a little with the masculinity and is more feminine. I smell the sweet blackberries that have a very juicy wet quality and sexy incense, patchouli & vetiver softened by the florals and amber. It is a beautiful intoxicating mix. Who knew lady blackberry was such a fox ;)

originalparafan

bow chicka wow woooow.. that is all.

zulukline
zulukline

Maybe it's just me, but I found this really cheap on eBay, and since I am obsessed with whole "Delicious" line and have to have it all, I got this, and I hate it. I'm not really into musks anyways, I'm 16 so I like light, fruity scents. I figured it would be a darker version of Delicious, but I was wrong. This is for older people, but I still love everything else! :))

cheeks
cheeks

I'll start by saying that this is my one and only 'fun-night-out' fragrance. It fits those occasions so perfectly that I don't need or want any other scent to alternate this with. It is also the 'sexiest' scent I own and the only 'sexy' scent I need, unique and one-of-a-kind. Delicious night is a wild and juicy dark fragrance with a smokey-woodsy base. It is refreshingly youthful thanks to the fruity notes, but at the same time it is also deeply seductive, shrouded in enigma, and bursting with a dark and eccentric sort of sexual energy (myrrh? vetiver? incense too? wow). And I am very pleased to report that there is ZERO vanilla in this scent, and it is also more tart and tangy than it is sweet...boy am I rejoicing!! Every other modern 'femme fatale' scent out there these days seem to share the same dark and muggy, suffocating vanilla dry-down that feels like it's just 'trying too hard' (Hypnotic Poison, Alien, Addict, etc). Not Delicious Night, no, this baby is all tangy and sinister; lusciously mouth-watering blackberries cavorting with a borderline-insane fizzy ginger; Picture them being illuminated by a mystical full moon on a cold night in the darkest part of the enchanted woods. Lasting power could be better, but layered over the body lotion, it is quite decent. I really love this stuff. A head-turner for sure :)Btw, I think this scent would be best placed in a 'fruity-oriental' category.

treenhe
treenhe

earlier this year, several months after a long and painful split a friend of mine invited me out to an evening dance thing. not my type of thing, but i appreciated her invite and decided to go along anyway. she brought 2 other friends with her that night that i had never met. one of these friends was a very interesting woman who i got talking to throughout the evening. she was what i would term 'dangerous'...the type of person who thinks nothing of flirting (and more) with people on a night out when she has a partner at home. i watched her fighting the men off all night. i despaired of this whole set up as all the men there seemed married but were desperately pretending not to be...yuck. she couldn't take 2 steps to the dance floor without being approached by another one. it amused and depressed me in equal measure.
anyway, after the evening had finished i realised i had the most banging headache from her rather pungent patchouli bomb of a perfume. i had been more than aware of it at the time but chose not to ask her what it was (so i could avoid it) for fear of the inevitable 'why, do you like it?' question. when i got home i could still smell it in my nostrils even though i had only sat next to the woman.
i tried dkny delicious night tonight and it is that perfume. all myrrh, sandalwood and patchouli. so take what you want from this review...it either attracts men (or she did) and it's either way too strong or just what you're after :)
as for me, NEVER again. and that includes the evening.

PerfumeFanatic2874
PerfumeFanatic2874

I had a sample of this. and wish to buy a bottle of this.. because i can just sleep in this scent. it smells uncommon and very close to ralp lauren notorius. smells warm and nice.

bubblem3
bubblem3

Un amiga que odia los perfumes dulces lo usa, y sinceramente no me gusta su olor! Ademas no es apropiado para su edad (15 años). No es algo que deteste pero hay muchos perfumes que huelen parecido y mejor... le comprare un nuevo perfume a mi amiga =P

Marisa36
Marisa36

I would imagine someone like Angelina Jolie wearing this scent and I belong to team Aniston :-). Don't be fooled into thinking you're going to get a fresh fruity scent you expect from DKNY's delicious range. This is scary stuff for the average floral fruity lover. It is like a punch in the face. I agree with most of the reviewers who say test before you buy. You are either going to love or hate this one. This is definitely not my cup of tea.

lilou
lilou

It's a very mysterious perfume. At first pschitt I didn't like the mix of apple and berries, it was bitter. Then the base notes came and I discovered a spicy and deep fragrance. This perfume is really surprising and I love that. It reminds me what I felt when I smelt Strip - Agent Provocateur at 1st time. It's very sensual and strong. For young and sexy women. Very good lasting power.

kugkng
kugkng

The name and package look so stunning!!!.. I think I could love but sorry Delicious Night.. you can't get along well with my chemistry, everything all I get from you just sweat,smoky,sour and oddly spicy ..smell of something cold like dry-ice mixed with arabian platter.. You probably too oriental for my taste, so try before you buy but for me I'm pass >.<..

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

When I first smelled Delicious Night, I didn´t enjoy it as much as I actually do. That may have happened because of the same mistake I always make when I try new fragrances: My nose plays tricks on me as I always try too many at once. I had smelled some sweet scents straight before trying this, so it seemed too bitter at fisrt. In fact, it´s not a real sweet, but a very yummy scent. Somehow it reminds me of wine-berry cocktails.

This is very apropriate for evening wear, though not heavy enough to be avoided during the day. It could be a good choice even for work time. The sillage is not overpowering, but quite good, and the lasting power is great, 8 hours or more on my skin.

The berries are very noticeable and they do last long although after 30 minutes amber and patchouli become the very main notes of the fragrance. I can also feel jasmine, very well blended, almost "hidden" somewhere among the whole base concoction.

Overall, it´s a deep scent, completely different to DKNY Be Delicious. Very mysterious and sensual.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I was expecting to love this one, but unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. Perhaps it just doesn't work with my chemistry. On me it is an extremely sweet, thick, synthetic blackberry scent. I can't pick up on much else and don't get any of the deep, incensy notes that are listed that I thought would make this so sexy!

On me it is a sweet fruity-floral, no oriental qualities at all.

Danimm1986
Danimm1986

I love this scent! Its dark, sexy, mysterious, everything that you would want a "delicious" night to be! I always get that wonderful "you smell so good" comment whenever I wear it :)

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have never smelled the original designer scent of this. I have a vegan/cruelty free imitation.

This is a very mysterious and hypnotic smell. I feel it has no gender. It is somewhere between femme and male. For me,it smells like dark purple berries and incense.

It is a deep sweet and very smokey. I enjoy this.

If you are looking just for a sweet one,I would say try another please. This is very strong of smoke trail,put you in a trance, and a different kind of sweet.

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

way too strong nothing like the original be delicious but im not really a fan of the original either !!!

lady_jackieee
lady_jackieee

This one reminds me of night clubs, and that smoke and the colorful lights... Love it, it's a bit strong so must try before buying.

XRawr_katX
XRawr_katX

I got this for my birthday.. and may i say i absoloutely love it, it's dark and sexy smell really is nice and you can totally smell the ginger and jasmine it changes everytime it warms up on your skin. I don't recomend this for people that don't like strong zesty smells with a bit of a bite to them.
All i can say it that i absoloutely love it.

Sissi
Sissi

Delicious Night is a fruit of sin that
grows on the vine of temptation a dark
and indolic beauty a femme fatale a bad girl definitely not a scent for the average girl next door virgin, no This spells S.E.X across the front of the
fruit shape like flacon the opening is
fruity of frozen pomelo tangy and fun then
succulent black current starts steeping
through your senses like an inner Terra
of earth brings an primal spirit in this scent.

The Innocence of freesia falls discreetly and dries the top note with
a bit of sweetness Jasmine with it's
elusive delicateness opens the middle
note gives it a green-tea like aroma
that is meditative the leafy and intoxicating note of dark orchard sprays
an scent of inhibited animalistic properties.

then delicious night turns woody with
dry ginger turns warm with amber Dark
incense and ancient myrrh adds to the
esoteric mystery of the scent which
makes it unique.

Delicious night conjures the inner sin
of us all like a room of crushed violet
wallpaper with black roses growing on thorny black vines in a black veiled
bed with candles side to side of the color of off white with Myrrh burning
in the celling dancing with an inimical
elegance and an pale woman with black
hair eyes long hair finger peaking out
out from the veil with her long jet black finger nails crawling across her
bed like an evil delight in her black leather cat suit

this scent is sin for sin's sake.

boussoulitsa
boussoulitsa

There are no words for this perfume!I love it so much I had to buy a second 100ml bottle when I emptied the first. <3

guest_Eevee
guest_Eevee

I can see how some people can appreciate the deep flavours of this one, they probably are many, but to me it was like one big mess of someone putting a glass of salt in a sweet cake. It made me feel like vomiting. Don not confuse this with the Delicious Candy Apple one (I mixed them up and nearly bought this instead) cos theyre both purple - sure the other one has a stick hanging out of it! I would say if you like it for yourself go for it, but its very risky if you're buying it for someone else. One side is 'too strong' sweet, the other is too strong spicy, put them together and I still feel like vomiting even though its off me. Its nice to see so many ppl like it thou

PinkyStuff
PinkyStuff

I got it from swap (thank you, bloodflower!). But I have to confess that I was a little bit afraid of the blackberry in Delicious Night. I'm not a fan of berries, I just can't wear them.

But it was really surprising. Where is the blackberry? I don't know. If you think that there is a lot of berries because of the purple bottle, you're wrong. All the base notes shown here, specially patchouli, seems to be very strong than middle or top notes since the first minutes after spraying.

Quite masculine, well balanced but full of information. Very dark, misterious, spicy and woody, without sweetness.

Yes, I agree that the staying power is poor (EDP, just staying for 1~2 hours), however, Delicious Night turns into a sexy skin scent after that, which is comforting and pleasant. If you won't wear in-your-face spicy and/or woody, this is the right choice.

Amor Amor Tentation (Cacharel) + Midnight Poison (Dior) = Delicious Night. So, if you like one of those, you'll probably like Delicious Night.

Beautiful oriental for night time.

guest_Naz
guest_Naz

Ew. Ew. Ew.

On me, all I can smell is the myrrh and vetiver. Horrible.

chiva
chiva

I have never been a big fan of the whole Delicious line, but this perfume does magic around men!! They really love it. Every time i wear it men compliment me and ask me what Im wearing.
I absolutely recommend it!

My favorite Donna Karan so far. I really like this category, same as Amor Amor Tentation and Slava Zaitsev Nikita. Love them all three!
But this one for sure!!
:-)

falovalo
falovalo

Are there any notes in this other than patchouli? If there was, I didn't smell them. There was a time when I was very curious about this and thought about buying it. Luckily I didn't give in to my curiosity. I would have been sorely disappointed. Boring and a real patchouli bandit!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

This perfume is strong, spicy and I love the patchouli, and incense it is a sexy complex scent. It smells very different from anything that I have in my collection. It it may take some getting used to since the opening notes are very strong and could give headaches to some. I mix it with unscented body lotion to soften it up a bit and put it around my neck. One spray may be all you need. I would put this on at least one hour before going out as it may be too strong for those around you. Try it before you buy since this would be a love or hate type of fragrance. The opening notes linger for a while before they soften up a bit. This is definitely a night scent IMO.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Very, very purple.

In my search to find a deep & delicious frankincense & myrrh scent I took a dip in the boozy berry cocktail that is DKNY Delicious Night. I didn’t find the rich & royal scent I was looking for but I discovered a rather raw, unfinished, succulent-yet-dry fruity liquor fragrance suitable at withstanding (& blending in with) a night out on the tiles…if only it had more staying power.

The feel of the perfume is not as mellow & rounded as I would like. It is a touch too tart, brash & unpolished - like a lovable drunk. The black berries really stand out - they are dark fruits soaked in alcohol with a hint of citrus peel & spicy ginger – but the scent quickly shifts from top to base notes on my skin. The jasmine nestles in a bed of patchouli & dry incense, frankincense & myrrh. This “darkness” could have been stepped up a notch, IMO, to give it more “oomph” & there is a strangely soapy, clean-musk aftershave note that doesn’t quite gel with the whole composition. Throughout this the boozy berries linger.

Not a bad fragrance at all. But it reminds me of a stunning underage brunette who has dirtied up her make-up, backcombed her tresses & put on her big sister’s sequinned dress & heels to go out clubbing. She hopes to pass for a sophisticated, midnight vixen - & almost does – but drinks one too many blackberry martinis & ends up stumbling into men with sharp hairstyles & over-applied aftershave. Luckily, her friends rescue her before things get sticky, but she still leaves before the night has started in a slightly dishevelled muddle.

A mixed-up rather lovable sheep in wolves’ clothing.

Malegria
Malegria

Awww - my favorite patchouli plus juicy blackberry and iris! altogether it gives off a bee glue aroma that I love. It also has a grapefruit-like notes in the beginning, that don`t let it to become a blackberry syrup.
It is dark and velvety, but somehow becomes rather light on the skin after first 10 minutes.So I think I`ll dare to wear it in the afternoon.
There is nothing, absolutely nothing here that resembles DK`s Delicious scents.

Dark Curls

i finally wore this for a day and layered it with the lotion. It lasted all day! i really like how this smells with my chemistry. I think this is more of a day fragrance than night though; I wore it to the office. I would feel bored with it if I wore it out..

c3c
c3c

I really liked the opening notes, rich juicy berries. However, somewhere in the frankincense, myrrh extract, and patchouli it looses me. It's actually really nice, just not for me. The rich purple bottle fits it well, and Delicious Nights is definitely perfect for an evening out. I can absolutely see where others really like it!

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Love the notes in this one.blackberry orchid jasmine amber insence myrre frankincense.special.dark and mysterious.suave...

Ouch!
Ouch!

Oh my gosh the dry stage of this smells like Dior Addict ALOT! (To my nose anyway).

The opening is powerful, it definately smells "Purple". It's a nice brooding yet bright scent. Like...happiness with a sad veil draped over it. Dark fruit..

The dry stage is where the magic happens though...that incense appears and it becomes more sophistitcated..it's the sort of smell I wanna keep smelling over and over and yes...it smells like Dior Addict.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is another great fragrance in a fantastic series by DKNY. I had the initial green apple Be Delicious and loved it for a fresh, every day work scent. When i smelled the Night version I fell in love with it too straight away. It's got a really unusual spicy ginger beer scent that is totally unique. It's a great evening fragrance for when you want to have some fun, not be on your best behaviour! Highly recommended.

Dark Curls

Got my bottle today...I do like it. It does not smell like anything I have. I also got my Alchimie today which smells completely different and I like that one more. My 9 year old son loves this!!!! My fiance said it's "ok". I shall wear it; smells pleasant.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I agree with chaosnmotion as I also feel this is more of an oriental- woodsy scent. Despite the initial punch, it dries quite soft. It reminds me of a mossy, enchanted forest full of ripe berries and fairies flying around. I know it sounds odd, but this is the kind of imagery that goes through my mind when I have this on. As I said, it's quite strong at first, but it becomes much softer once it settles. I like wearing it in the Fall, just as the temperatures start to drop. Lovely.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I really liked it the first time I sprayed it. I will try it again. I like it because it's 'punchy'..and not 'ho hum' like a lot of the new perfumes this year. I have had the Red Delicious before and have gotten lots of compliments. The original be delicious is just too 'apple-ey' for me..reminds me of when I was 13 yrs old and the green apple colognes were the 'in' thing!

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

A dark fragrance that inhibits a touch of zing!

Brings out the 'cat woman' is all of us..

Whenever I see the colour purple I immediately think of berries, and this is exactly what Delicious Night is; rich, dark berries.

This is, hands down, my favourite fragrance from the Be Delicious series. There is something so very sexy and mysterious about it, which none of the other scents have.

Blackberry, pomelo, ginger, orchid, incense, patchouli and jasmine, are the notes that make up this fabulous night-time fragrance. This is a dark scent, if not a little bit naughty and outrageous.

Even if the name and advert didn't suggest that this was to be worn at night, I would have chosen to wear it so anyway. Delicious Night makes me think of dim nightclubs, flashing lights, cocktails, stilettos and dancing until your feet hurt.

This is very powerful stuff, so be wary when applying. Overall, Delicious Night is a delightful scent which is sure to seduce both you and the opposite sex.

deeannek
deeannek

I got a sample of this and bought a full size bottle before the sample ran out. I generally love anything that smells purple. ( Hopefully you know what I mean) This perfume is feminine, spicy and sexy!! You will get a lot of compliments if you wear this. Oh and I wear it during the day as well as evening.

Kristel
Kristel

Delicious Night is electric, intoxicating and mysterious. The feeling is more than a time of day, it’s a way of life. Just love the smell and this dark bottle.

I really wanted this one to suit me. But, unfortunately,the dry down smells so similar to Paloma Picasso which is a perfume I can not wear. It has left me feeling quite nauseous. I gave it to my daughter to try and it smells incredible on her. A beautiful fragrance which my chemistry will not allow me to enjoy. I will just have to admire it from afar on others and continue you my quest for that signature scent :0)

ktv0926
ktv0926

Quite masculine and somehow very familiar scent. I'm not head over heals about the opening, but the base notes are very appealing to me. The drydown is earthy and woody, but it still has a fruity/berry aftertaste. I find this combination sexy and seductive without being too loud and heavy.

Sugar419
Sugar419

To me, there is nothing more exciting, mysterious and exhilirating than a big city at night. How amazing that they could take that feeling and bottle it! Delicious Night instantly makes me feel like I'm in downtown Chicago on a perfect summer evening, the romantic rush of all the bright lights whizzing by. This is a spicy, sexy little scent, perfect for little black dresses and a romantic night out on the town. A bold fragrance, not for the meek. LOVE IT.

Mushana
Mushana

I love the smell of incense on my skin. By far the best of Be Delicious range in my opinion. The fragarance has incredible depth, has this warmth that it exudes! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy........nice.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

If you want to get drunk without having drunk, this is the one. I like Donna Karan perfumes, but that was repulsive. Brings in mind a heavy, bad quality drink during a night out from the kind which makes you dizzy like immediately. 12-10-09

hotaru
hotaru

want to add some to my previous review. i sprayed it to my sister, and it smelled great on her. so i went try to myself. well maybe my body chemistry doesnt work well with the fragrance.

it gave me headache. >.

rainydays
rainydays

A FANTASTIC fragrance! Deep, dark, yet fruity and very feminine on me. I've gotten more compliments with this one than any other perfume. I love blackberry, so I was pleased that the blackberry accords came out strong. Not too fruity because of the spicy incense and vetiver. It's an evening fragrance, but I wear it during the day in cool weather.

Hejjdy
Hejjdy

I love this perfume .... whenever I wear it I feel so sexy .... it's a typical urban fragrance for girls who live in big city such as London or New York.

guest_Heidi
guest_Heidi

It's one of my favorite scents.It's really special. so pity that its lasting power is not as good as it's expected.

Suseken
Suseken

This scent is so much better than "Be Delicious".
It contains woody notes- vetiver,my favourite.
Myrrh and patchouli are working for a "dark" accent.
Its a nice combination between fruity and woody notes.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This is a very masculine and sharp scent up front, smelling of berry-citrus and wood. I frequently wear men's scents but I wouldn't go near this one. The heart abruptly emerges as the top notes disappear. Have to retest to check out the base, but the initial impression is that it's a musky, dark floriental. This frag has many problems:

*Poorly balanced. The top is stronger and more aggressive than the heart and base, and completely overwhems them. After a grand, and terrifying entrance, it leaves quickly and is replaced by something more flimsy. The usual strength of patchouli, myrhh, amber, and frankincense is nowhere to be seen.

*Poor longevity and projection (note: I am in an arid climate)

*Unharmonic combination of scents (martini and "frosted pomelo" over patchouli).

*Synthetic smelling, yet notes imply a plethora of botantical ingredients.

mandashell
mandashell

YUCK! This is another scent that was enjoyed initially but when tried later on it made me sick. Thought I would really love this but after each application it made me feel very nauseated. This is a sign that a scent is very artificial. Now I don't mind and can appreciate a STRONG fragrance but this scent is just too strong, unbalanced and sweet. The notes are in complete disharmony. I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 0.o

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

The best of the Delicious line, in my opinion. Primarily tart berries and patchouli. I definitely get the "martini" note--it has a sweet/tart feel. Night is like a crisp, tangy version of Euphoria. Fun fragrance for a girl's night on the town, but nothing groundbreaking or original. Good for women in their 30s.

Aui_Manila
Aui_Manila

i agree, the smell is so strong, and i dunno, maybe its just me, but there is something so "old" about the smell. maybe this is for more mature women. i also cant locate the notes, as it smells too chemical-lish.

smp
smp

I admit this has class, but i bought it without smell first...crass error!!
It remembers me to Opium from YSL, my mother used the Secret Parfum and
oh my!!, it's so strong!!
I think the same about Delicious Night has class but i cannot wear it...

urobian
urobian

yeah, you are right, i tried some fragances at the stores and then in other moment, they smell diferent..

to this dkny, i can say is a lovely, and deeper side of the original; sexy, attractive but not dark or dense..

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

what it happend in my case with delicious night is the oposite of guest_ bellow. when i tried it in the shop, i didn't like it at all. it seemed strange and with a very weak staying power. but now when i use it from my sister it's a whole different story: it's very sexy and modern. and the staying power is excellent. so, be careful when you try a perfume in a perfumery because the smell from all those perfumes in the air could be misleading.

WOW! I loved this when I tested it in Kohls and wore it for hours. When I purchased it and took it home it was a different story? The smell literally made me ill and I never wore it again. I don't know what happened but I sold it immediately on e-bay!!! Maybe it is just too chemical-y/artificial or something but be careful with this one. o.0

though according to the notes I seemed to like the first notes,in reality I fell in love wit the middle and base notes!
in fact at the first sniff it was just something sharp,aggressive and unpleasant with lots of alcohol which reminded me a bit addict by dior.
but don't trust the first notes.as it remains on skin it becomes better and better.it smells exactly like what you need to be elegant at night.
it's floral,but not the usual,innocent floral smelling that you find in most of common fragrances.it's also very mysterious,with some hints of fruity notes.
I think this one has became my favorite "delicious" among red and yellow bottles.it's also very different from the other delicious versions.
if I want to describe it in one word,I can say that it smells like ripped grapes,delicious and distinctive.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This is a fun scent, it has an icy edge to it I'm guessing the martini accord, with my chemistry a plum like scent comes out after the drydown the base comes apparent after a couple of hours with the amber. When I first spray the perfume on me I always am unsure of it, but when it dries down and starts mixing with my skin, I remember why I love it. I seriously went out to a cuban salsa club and danced for hours came home and in the morning my boyfriend rolls over and said I still smelled delicious. It is a wonderful evening scent perfect for fun! It lasts a really long time on my skin. I just love it!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Dramatic orchid and iris with a luscious berry-incense drydown. That's right- I only get the sweet at the end, and it tempers the basenotes, making this a very smooth, sexy scent long after first spray. This is by far my favorite of the "Delicious" scents, because it is unique, without loosing the youthful energy of the others. It's obviously an evening scent, but I would be tempted to try it for daytime use when I wanted to feel a little unconventional and daring.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

I am very happy with this purchase. It is very sensual on me and also very different from anything else I have. Before I used to say to myself a hundred times that you need smth darker like Armani code, more oriental but when I saw a good discount on DN I bought it immediately though Armani Code has been on the wish list for ages.
The staying power is good on me. The drydown is what I like the most about it.

My definition for it would be "modern mysterious sensuality in the bottle".

essija
essija

Dark and powerful. Bam! In your face! This has so much depth to it. You will definatley get noticed wearing this. Pathouli swirled with berries. This is by far my favorite of the collection of delicious. The name is right on. I am so excited to wear this b/c it is so different than anything else I have. This is great..

Trvevil
Trvevil

I didn't like this one at the beginning. It was a bit like Amor Amor Tentation, which I don't like.
I forgot about it then, because didn't care for it. I think it's pretty similar to other this kind of perfumes.
Then I can say middle notes were delicious, like orchid gave this perfume sweetness and juiciness.
Dry-down reveals a bit sour-sweet, but nothing special so far.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I used mine for the first time at New Year´s Eve. It´s fruity at first but you can quickly get the oriental notes: they´re not too strong like most of the oriental fragrances.
The lasting was very weak, in a few hours the perfume had almost disappeared (or was it my nose?). Anyway, the weather was hot, maybe it helped to cause this.
I really liked this one, very good to use on closed places, it´s not annoying.

UPDATE: The lasting is pretty better on not so hot days. I can still smell it, but no so intense.
I really really love the way it smells, it is perfect.

miru
miru

it`s an uncommon scent..tangy and wild because of ginger, tasty because of blackberries.it`s a deep scent..i`m into it that`s why i wear it during daytime:p..oopsy

fairydiamonds
fairydiamonds

it's my favorite perfume, really class good and sensual effect. I love the encens and vetiver in this. It's a night scent !

cognac
cognac

Makes a good scent for all those summer nights out .Its fresh but a heavier fresh .I do smell a hint of vetiver and ginger in some where .

rieuse
rieuse

as much as I adore Be Delicious and Red Delicious I simply detest Delicious Night. the scent is totally disappointing and vodka-strong. :( to many ginger notes kill my nose and I start sneezing :'(

flugeltje013
flugeltje013

Hmm, smells the same like original, but a little more toilet-freshener-ish... I expected something dark & heavier, not so fresh... Something like black xs for women..

amanda
amanda

its not even the same type like be delicious, its strong and dark, quite spicy, not sg i like, maybe on skin or on others' skin its different but i only tried it on papaer and didnt get to want to try it on, but anyway the bottle is really attractive and sey

guest_sean
guest_sean

I bought it yesterday and I wore it, at a frien's party.

everyone sad: "oh my god, what are you wearing?!!"

very nice scent and I'm very pleased..

LoveScent
LoveScent

All of the Delicious scents just smell like apple. There is nothing disticnt about them.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

Just got a sample and I am very pleased.. it is very much an evening fragrance.. I would say a soft oriental with a slightly woodsy spice to it. I like it very much!!!

lillybee
lillybee

There is a cool, fruity opening of blackberry notes and a very distinct citrus - melon scent that lasts well into an hour. This sounds interesting so far bar the fact that Ribena (blackberry, blackcurrant) scented colognes have inundated the fragrance shelves lately including Gucci II, Anna Sui Dolly Girl Bonjour L'Amour, Diesel Fuel For Life, Christina Aguilera, just to mention a few). That aside, it's fresh and exotic, and does give you a rich oriental kick-start into the night.

About an hour later, the chilly fruity notes are replaced by spicy jasmine and sweet iris and the smell becomes very similar to the heart of Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon, one of my favourite fragrances.

It is floral, but slightly woody at the same time with lots of spice around (I can detect the peppery ginger at this point) and a light dose of forest fruit still lingering on.

What I first recognise in the dry-down of course is the patchouli, this earthy, composting-leaves odour that I love so much about our English gardens.

The spicy amber make this otherwise quite woody composition rounded, and to my disappointment, almost drowned and so soft that it never loses its baby powderness and innocence.

The two most powerful notes of patchouli and amber drown out the delicate woody notes of frankinsence and myrrh which is a shame as it would certainly make the fragrance a lot more memorable and distinct.

Despite being an eau de parfum, it last no longer than 6 hours which is a shame for an eau de parfum. I wore it on Saturday night and I felt good about it only to realise that by the end of dinner (we haven't even started drinking yet) it was all gone! I don't think it would even stand a change if I went clubbing!

Overall, this is a well-blended soft oriental floral fragrance that would appeal to women and even girls who aren't drawn to heavy, oriental type of perfumes, but would like to try something lighter, girlier that you can still call an oriental fragrance.

Shame on the astonishingly poor staying power. Your skin chemistry does affect the staying power of the perfume though so make sure you wear it for a day before buying.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This one is a strong perfume. It has the smell of cough drops and cold medicine at first which isn't too terribly flattering, but it dries down to a sexy, spicy night scent that lasts (the base notes are amazing). Seems like a scent you could go to a late night club with... something about it is a bit Armani Code to me, but sharper and not as elegant. However, I love this one.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

I haven't liked any of the "Delicious" or "Be Delicious" scents. According to nowsmellthis, notes include "frozen pomelo, chilled blackberry martini accord" -- notes that are very apparent, and the capture of the "frozen" feel was evident. I can't say it's fair to say I like it, yet. However, it's growing on me. It's definitely a night scent.

2007

DKNY Delicious Night by Donna Karan 3.45 out of 5 based on 769 ratings and 146 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Delicious Night fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Delicious Night, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Delicious Night by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Delicious Night by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.