Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

DKNY Men 2009 Donna Karan for men

DKNY Men 2009 Donna Karan for men
dislike

DKNY Men 2009 Donna Karan for men Pictures DKNY Men 2009 Donna Karan for men Pictures

DKNY Men arrived on the market in March 2009 as a woody-aromatic fragrance, combination of spirit and soul, sophistication and speed. A highly modern fragrance which introduces an energetic composition, big contrasts and secrets. The perfume was created by Alberto Morillas and Harry Fremont of bergamot, mandarin, juniper and clary sage. A spicy heart incorporates white pepper, cardamom, violet leaves and moist jasmine, while a base adds sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, iris root and vetiver. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100ml edt.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Juniper Clary Sage

Pepper Cardamom Violet Leaf Jasmine

Virginia Cedar Patchouli Vetiver Orris Root

DKNY Men 2009 Fragrance Reviews

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I bought this on a whim and I am in love with it. It is beautifully fresh with sophisticated and aromatic wood and spice. The quality is outstanding and the vibe is pure elegance and sophistication. I like it even more than the original DKNY.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

The review of Urobian says it all.
Maybe a fragrance with lots in common to many other perfumes in this kind of woody aromatic BUT i give it a big plus of nostalgic,seductive,magnetic with not harsh and acid citrus freshness, just the wright dosage to make it really fresh but manly at the same time.All of these characteristics place it in a different outstanding possision to me amongst to all of these common fresh,aromatic, woody fragrances.
I like it a lot and i find it very versatile for all occasions and seasons but it is not for teenagers for sure.
Highly recommented but try before buy.
You will love it or hate it,but you will not ignore it

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

To quote Gertrude Stein about Oakland, California (but equally applicable to Donna Karan New York), There is no there there. An indifferent scent. Smells like too many other wood-n-pepper scents. Undistinguished.

My wife made a stink face when I passed her the paper strip.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Peppery high ozonic aquatic scent for the sportive and younger men but pleasantly there and very positive!
I used it a lot after shower in Spain on vacation and i used a lot of sprays to get some sillage.
Its a calone bomb as it produces the olfactory effect of a fresh seashore through intense marine and ozone notes, with slight floral overtones.

I like it in summertime when you want to feel fresh after a hot day at the beach and you want to stroll down the boulevard!
To be honest its close in the range of l'eau d'issey and Bvlgari's Aqua
Not groundbreaking but none offensive.

renperd
renperd

There're so many cheap pepper-and-cedar 'fumes out there which this juice reminds me of that my first impression was "rather cheap" and "unoriginal". And that impression lasted throughout the lifetime of the scent on my arm. Not something that I'd revisit, much less buy. It's just too simple at a time I'm yearning for cleverer, more complex perfumes. Blame it on Jicky Pure Perfume!

benthin
benthin

Its a lovely scent! The longevity and projection are okay too.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Well, I’m going to start this review talking about the presentation of this product. I see many expensive perfumes being sold out there, with a presentation that is far below the expectation that the customer deserves, by the value it is paid. DKNY Men is one that meets the expectations very well. The bottle is gorgeous, heavy, with a cover all made in metal, with bas-relief inscriptions, and that “high quality” type of product.

About the scent: it is, with no doubt, an aromatic one! On me, the top notes are almost imperceptible. I can’t feel mandarin, juniper or the sage...just a bit of bergamot. On the other hand, the heart is very strong and present in this fragrance. The cardamom, the violet leaves and, especially, the pepper are there for the whole time. Finally, a vetiver, which is very present, although its low power, with a nice note of cedar and oris root.

A beautiful scent, with a light "burnt" sensation and not very common aroma. But, at the same time, it is the "common place" for men's fragrances. I believe this cologne manages to cater to the taste of any type of man. Therefore, a great scent for any collection!

The lasting power is really good, but I think the projection is low. If it was the type of scent that exudes more, would be a true candidate for enter on anyone’s TOP 10 collection. Anyway, the whole work deserves respect and admiration.

KeithScar
KeithScar

DKNY Man, Very Seductive, Mysterious, and Masculine. Perfect fit for getting dressed up when u wanna feel spiffy. A must buy for any collector like myself

Aks
Aks

nice fragrance but gets lost btwn chanels,diors,hermes of the world..

lufthansabg
lufthansabg

It smells of Herbs to me - I like it

Migalex
Migalex

Smells very much of cedar and juniper. Longevity and Projection are good. I prefer the original, by far.

jonny8998
jonny8998

I am using it for last few months, the smell at start is good but it goes some where in the air after an hour or so. It seems as you never took it on. Too poor in Longevity. You may try DKNY Be Delicious Men instead of it .... it is a far better choice

Bartek87
Bartek87

I tried today, it's really good scent. Longevity and sillage are good. In the first six hour, scent is intense but then stay close to skin. Very nice woody fragrance :)

8,5 /10

Anup
Anup

The continued search for a "man" that fits me has lead me to this. Not as a final resulting decision culminating dozens of different "men", but more or less stopping to take this one in, to acknowledge it and appreciate it.
DKNY definitely impressed me with "be delicious men" so i was very excited to decant myself some of this at a local grey market store. Starts off very generic and citrusy...BLAH. The DRY-DOWN is where it's at on this guy. Cooling powdery grassy-sweet juniper takes over along with some buttery vetiver and muddy/warm pepper.

I would agree that this would be great for office-wear, as none of the notes really stick out and trip anyone, aside from a few lapses in Juniper's judgement this is entirely safe to wear any time.
One could categorize this along with Bvlgari man, in the sense that they are both very much refined and safe for any occasion, as any man SHOULD be.
Don't be a complainer, it's not always good for your fragrance to make a first impression for you. As i stated in my Bvlgari man review, in terms of how this smells on skin, i'm sure that this scent smells different on every person as well, and that the fragrance isn't ment to "replace" your own aroma.
To me, this and many other "man" scents are simply ment to assist with your own natural born aroma.

Smell: 8
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 7.5 (casual wear)

surkhail
surkhail

got it as a gift its ok not something special it has a strong heavy sent to it kind of smokey? not something special tho

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

Like some reviewers said here, DKNY Men reminds a spice version of Bvlgari Aqva without the posidonia note (marine grass). The spice notes (pepper) are similar to the pepper which is used on 212 Men. So, in my opinion, DKNY Men is a mix of Bvlgari Aqva and 212 Men.
The bottle is made with heavy glass and the shape is simple but magnificent.
Longevity is the main quality of DKNY Men. On my skin it lasts for more than 15 hours. Sillage is very good too.
I recommend it for office and casual situations.

My final rating: 8.25/10.

VanAllan
VanAllan

Not a bad fragrance even if you can tell right from the start that reminds you something known already. It has a dry floral-woody overall feeling met before, not bad actually...just a little synthetic.

For me it is all about bergamot-juniper-sage-pepper-cardamom-vetiver-cedarwood combination.

Good staying power, pretty fresh-woody-spicy so even not wholly unique I will give this a 7/10 for now, based only on how reacts with my skin and nostrils.
I'm pretty sure I won't buy one, but I could take it if it will be a present :)

p.s. It has nothing to do with Bvlgari Aqua which I own for 2 years now and I love it. (that weird dry feeling on DKNY makes a lot of difference!). ☣☣

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I get the citrus and spice but not so much wood.
I feel this scent is very common and corporate. It would be perfect for the office.
I relate it closely to one of the FCUK's

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

When i first sniffed this when it first came out i dismissed it as watery rubbish. However, the lover of a bargain, as i am, i won this on ebay for £10 for 100ml. I intended to put it straight back on there as soon as i got it but after trying it out for a few days, i fell in love. Even though it is a very modern scent there is a note in there that smells like a cool fragrance my grandad used to wear in the 80's. For some reason i feel really manly when i where this even though it is a soft overtly synthetic scent. An absolute winner and i total suprise.

for me this is very similar to dior homme in the top notes, similar but lighter... nice perfume, but nothing original... just nice

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

Very nice top note and i think that is one of the fragrances most people love.
fresh and simple but still has style!
i believe fits so well for walking through the city in spring days or office use.

In my opinion it is a suitable fragrances for young man (between 25/35 years old)but not for teen boys.
Good sillage and longevity and i really adore wearning this.
Anyway Dkny men 2009 and then Red Delicious are my favorite from DKNY.

periquito89
periquito89

Nice simple gray-silver paper box; and the bottle is simple and nice as well. The scent is a watery spicey that yes, has something to do with Bvlgari Aqva, in the way how it smells. I think this is the better way to get a good picture about this scent.

andy
andy

well balanced out trendy scent and the green woodsy herbaceous drydown really gives this some masculinity and uniqueness. this is highly reccomended

bwcw81
bwcw81

I like this fragrance very much, have been using it everyday in the office and received good comments from friends and co-worker, smell very masculine and nice, somehow make me feel smart and brilliant. The bottle design is superb, simplistic yet stylish, the cap is made of solid metal ring, can see the quality just from the bottle itself! Loving it, great for collection!

The scent start with mild dusty citrus, kind of keep you feeling refreshing, second note is smoky herbal with woody plus a slight peppery scent - remind me old books smell, just like the smell in a old library smell (in a good way).... Base note is mild musky woody scent, overall it is very linear scent and does not evolve much, just keep you feeling great. Longevity is OK for me, 5-6 hours on me, suitable for fall/ winter use.

Overall, this is a very simplistic and modern scent that make men smell brilliantly, in a very natural way without shouting out loud, casual yet very suitable for office wear, safe choice for most men. 8/10 from me.

guest_Deadpool
guest_Deadpool

I bought this cologne on a whim when I recently bought some DKNY jeans. What draws me to this cologne the most is how long lasting the scent is. Most colognes tend to last anywhere from 5 to 10 hours on a good day but DKNY Men will last 10 to 12+ hours no problem. The scent, while not overpowering, is a tad stronger and more noticable then a lot of other colognes so I tend to wear in on my skin always, under my shirt as opposed to on my clothing as I do with some weaker colognes. The scent itself is best classified as "woodsy" and its pretty suitable for normal days, work, nights out or even dates. I really think that DKNY has created something special here and i'm willing to be this cologne will be much more successful then their previous "Be Delicious" scent which I didn't really care for. I've been looking for a cologne to make my own "signiture" scent and I think DKNY Men is the one for me. As I write this, the cologne is only a few months old so its still pretty unknown, which is a great plus for me because no one else has my scent. The age group for this seems to be focused on men in their 20's and 30's. A mature, younger man's scent. DKNY Men comes in 1.0, 1.7 and 3.4 size bottles. There is also a aftershave and bodywash of this great scent available (wish I also use now). Highest recommendation!

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

The younger, sportier son of Cool Water. Fresh, clean, and overtly masaculine-but without that harsh edge.

guest_ahmad ehab
guest_ahmad ehab

very disapointing , not what u expect. like thick paper pages , nothing special really . test it first

EJS
EJS

I agree with urobian. There is something special about this fragrance that you can't put your finger on. The first time I smelt DKNY Men it reminded me a lot of my city, Chicago! Though, it's ironically made by Donna Karan "New York". lol
I like it, it's mysteriously different.

urobian
urobian

A new vibe to DKNY..is hard to find some words beyond the ordinary category " i like-dislike" because to me is something really abstract in this fragance.

To me, is a nostalgic smell, soft, subtle, magnetic and something in the memory to be in somekind of deja vu aroma.. more than a fresh-woody category, i find a dusty-floral smell in some watery-cold atmosphere.

An intimate, manly and captivating fragance.

guest_Dirk
guest_Dirk

I bought this scent. i think its a realy nice scent but has a sort of synthetic smell but good.
its spicy
i allready received compliments with this juice so thats a good case.
longevity and sillage are good

vertigo
vertigo

I like it a lot. I didn't know that the original is was discontinued but I like this one much better.

It smells like paper pages of a good thick book :)

I think I got citruses and herbs in the beginning, then pepper, and vetiver in the end. I couldn't smell any jasmine.

The staying power is very good and it develops beautifully, step by step, changing all the time.

Great fragrance, for sunny autumn days, I would say.

dorgchant
dorgchant

Too bad that they discontinued the original formula. This new edition is very similar to Chevignon Brand that I have already owned.

guynspfld
guynspfld

I am not sure I would call it unique, but it smells similar to others. Although it does have something about it that makes it special. I bought it this weekend and wore it to a party last night and got many compliments. I couldnt smell, but others assured me it was there. It comes off very fresh, but ends with a spicy, but tame kick. Again, nothing unique, but far better than most.

DKNY Men 2009 by Donna Karan 3.67 out of 5 based on 157 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Men 2009 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Men 2009, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Men 2009 by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Men 2009 by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.