Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

DKNY Red Delicious Donna Karan for women
dislike

I have it: 720 I had it: 531 I want it: 321 My signature: 15

tropical

Donna Karan gladdens her fans by introducing a new limited-edition scent, Be Delicious-Red Delicious. Perfume composed of apple note surrounded with violet leaves becomes sweeter with a glittering start thanks to a splendid bouquet beautifully harmonized leaving us under the impression of having a real, juicy, ripe apple in front of us. Red and white bottle still looks like an apple perfectly matching the tantalizing character of this fragrance. Red Delicious mixes the notes of champagne, lychee, raspberry, apple, rose, amber, musk and vanilla. It is created in 2006.

Litchi Raspberry

Patchouli Apple Rose

Leather Vanilla Pod Amber

Natural Vitality

DKNY Red Delicious Fragrance Reviews

Meadowberg
Meadowberg

To me Red Delicious is Be Delicious's big sister. It has all of the juicy freshness, but a more mature, warm spicy bottom layer. The substitution of cucumber for raspberry also makes it less watery and more interesting. Fun, fruity and works in all seasons.

I'm gutted that this is discontinued now as it's the first perfume I ever bought and a firm favourite.

MAGF1993
MAGF1993

It's not the worst thing out there.. But it's just not for me.
It smells like apples (of course) in a synthethic way (not in a bad way).
Not for me... But it's not really bad... It's a little strong so beware with the amount you spray.

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

hello fun :)

a fun perfume... an apple filled with the very sweetest of juices. Mouth watering sweet apple juices. I likey :) Long lasting, head turning... fruity fruity everyday fun into the evening.

I detect most of the notes of course the berries and the vanilla not so much patchouli.. I think it's a great find , happy to have it and to wear it... summer here we come.

Stellakal
Stellakal

I thought that this would last a bit longer on me but still the longevity was pretty good. It's just too bad that the top notes fade quickly when it reaches the heart notes. It immediately gets softer. But then again I think the top notes holds on for quite a bit on me.

This fragrance takes you to a garden full of apple trees. Like you just took a bite from a juice apple. Delicious. This lasts for about 4 hours on me before it's practically gone. But I guess you could spray some more on every 4 to 5 hours.

The green DKNY one has this spicy touch to it which I don't like at all. This one is more soft, but without losing it's freshness. I like it for day or work. :)

smileysunshine
smileysunshine

This is a gorgeous fragrance that I wear at work to keep me in a happy mood. It's sweet, fruity and uplifting. I love it!

dkny27
dkny27

Red fresh juicy apples.... It has been a while since I sported this scent, but noticing the sweet litchi with raspberry and apple made me want to revisit.... The noticeable ingredient that I hadn't detected in the past came with the leathery amber dry down, which makes this scent fair game, for day or night!......

lirael00
lirael00

Red delicious is better than the be delicious green one. It's more fresh and crispy. Got it together with Be delicious and I quickly gave that one to my friend. Red delicious actually does smell like red apples. Very fruity but in a light way. Longevity could be better.

RedHeartSunglasses
RedHeartSunglasses

I must point out that the notes on this page *used* to be correct. I have no idea how or why, but the champagne accord has been swapped out for leather, the musk has been swapped out for patchouli, and the red apple has been swapped out for green. "Aldehydic" is no longer listed in the main accords, probably because of the note swap. Red Delicious is, however, indeed a beautiful sweet aldehyde fragrance which perfectly mimics the way champagne tickles one's nose. The lychee and raspberry are so tart and juicy, you almost forget the red apple for a moment. The soft, warm amber-vanilla base reigns in the sweetness and plays up the golden champagne accord from the top notes. The projection is moderate and the staying power on skin is about 4 to 6 hours, while on clothes it can last all day.

Quarantine
Quarantine

Strong red apple is the main ingredient in this punchy fruit salad. After a few hours it quietens down and I get hints of soft rose and something that smells like cucumber, but the apple dominates this fragrance from start to finish. I own the original Be Delicious and the Golden Delicious, and although I do like this one, it's my least favourite out of the three. I also find that on my skin it smells too similar to the green Be Delicious to really justify owning both of them. When I bought this I intended to use it as my summer work fragrance, but now I'm reconsidering as I fear the strength of the crisp fruitiness may not be for everyone.

Cece.A
Cece.A

A great compliment to my wardrobe. Definitely one of my favourites.

englishteacher681
englishteacher681

Red Delicious is one of those rare perfumes which make you want to talk to random strangers who are wearing it. A student of mine wore it once and I complimented the receptionist thinking it was her. She gladly said it must be her staple Chloe. Both of us realized a few minutes later it wasn't. We asked my student what perfume she was wearing and found out it was Red Delicious. The website says it smells of apples and I was worried it would be too fruity for my liking. It was fruity at all. It's a sophisticated feminine scent with hint of fresh rose, vanilla and patchouli. Easily one of my favorites !

Natalie Carter
Natalie Carter

In my opinion Red Delicious is a juicy and floral fruity. Its cheap and its easy to find. But the fragrance dries down too soon although the top notes are still there. Nice bottle❤

pravda48
pravda48

Initial burst: LOTS of litchi and raspberry! Very juicy, but with an odd base note popping through that I initially thought made it smell similar to celery. I guess it's how the patch is interacting with these juicy fruits. This lasts a few mins then...

Drydown: rose, a vague leather note. Very much a skinscent at this point.

Longevity seems pretty low on my skin, but maybe I just go anosmic to these notes quickly once they're on me?

FB? Not for me. Will probably trade my sample.

Alien101
Alien101

The apple note is way too overwhelming.

silverpetals
silverpetals

I got a 100ml bottle for a fab price in a sale and am glad I have it. I don't actually have anything like this in my collection so to me it's unique. It smells like fresh sweet apples - it's zingy, sweet and uplifting. A very spring/summery perfume - I wouldn't wear this in the winter.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I got this one after I bought the original because I tried it on once and thought to myself that they were different enough to buy them both. I did not love this one. I understand that it is meant to imitate a red delicious apple, so the crispness is going to be dialed down abit from the original, but there was absolutely no crispness to it at all! I like the extra fruitiness on the top, that definitely reminds me of rows and rows of red apple trees ready to be picked.

But then it fades away into this musty/mold-like scent. Ick! Apples rotting on the ground! It turned out that if I wore this during a day when I knew I would be outdoors most of the day, I could handle it. However, after two years and still half a bottle left, I decided it was just taking up shelf space, and I gave it away.

loonad
loonad

i bought this in October-a 30ml bottle.love the bottle.the scent is very fresh and tart.i reminds me of nina by nina ricci.my bottle is almost over now as i used it abundantly during my vacation in Durban.somehow this suits the seaside scene.will definitely buy a new bottle soon.

lulu69
lulu69

boring. too heavy fruity

Perfume_Lover85
Perfume_Lover85

To me this just smells like someone has sliced open a juicy apple and sprayed perfume over the top of it. It's nice but not my favourite. It's a very cheery scent though and quite uplifting. Even though there is no violet note in this I sometimes smell it and my mum once asked me what I was wearing when I was sitting next to her because it smelled like violet. That being said you probably shouldn't go for this (without testing) if you read this and like violet perfumes because it might just be our noses that smell it. Everything is definitely overpowered mostly by the apple anyway! :)

Fantastic lasting power :)

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

Just boring

anapardo81
anapardo81

Nice but it bored me quickly.

MichaelCerasEyebrows
MichaelCerasEyebrows

Smells like the original but more watered down with alcohol and a hint of lychee. I blind bought it as it was on sale, most times the reviews by the Fragrantica community help me blind buy like a pro, unfortunately, this was not the case. Returning it.

I find Red Delicious to be quite watery. Perhaps on account of the litchi. Before looking at the notes I thought maybe there was a cucumber in this fragrance.
The leather is kind of novel, but I don't feel like it's really doing anything for Red Delicious.
I can see this fragrance being appealing to those who dislike very sweet fruity fragrances. It's mild and casual. The fruit notes smell like what they are, not candied versions of themselves.

tea and virtue
tea and virtue

Smelled like unripe, watery strawberries and cucumber, and then a strong sting of alcohol. i really wanted to like this, since it was a present... but unfortunatley, it was not to be

beatrix75

much beter than the green one.softer and fruit more not that ouful cucumber like the green be delicious

pompous
pompous

Crisp, clean and beautiful. The scent is the exact opposite of those perfumes that are thick and cloying.

It's the younger sister of the original "Be Delicious". Exact same base concept, just with a twist. They don't smell much alike, but it's very obvious that they're based on the same idea. This one is a bit sweeter, but still refreshing and oh so summer-appropriate. Very fun scent, good for girls both young and grown up.

ly3688
ly3688

International friends told me I smelled like fresh cucumber when I was wearing it. A local colleague of mine asked me whether I just stepped out of bathroom, which meant it smelled soapy to her. Well, I suppose it's a clean fresh fragrance. I like to use it for office or sport days. I don't think it's suitable for hot date.

timida88
timida88

Nice and very elegant. Don't be afraid of fruity part, Red Delicious in my opinion is more floral. It is not mentioned but on me it has gardenia smell as in CH 212.

dragenpuff
dragenpuff

This was the first perfume I purchased myself. It opens fresh and fruity, but I cannot for the life of me remember how it dries down. And I can't get the last drops out of the bottle...
It's a little more stereotypically feminine than the original Be Delicious; more fruity and fun. I used to prefer the red one to the green. Now, going by the top notes, I would rather wear Be Delicious for a casual day than Red Delicious.

beatrix75

sounds good!!deliciiious rapsberry its my fav ,cresp and clean for hot summer!

xVal
xVal

I wanted to like it so bad, but I don't. :(
When I first sprayed it , It smelled like fresh raspberries which I liked it was just wow, and 10 minutes later the apple came out and it was .. horrible. I can't explain but somehow apple perfumes smell bad on me, kind of sickly weird smell, can't even explain.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Fresh crips apples and sweet vanilla notes. A very slight hint on leather and patchouli. Slightly powdery on the dry down. Great for the summer however I have worn this all year round. Mostly wear during the day but have worn it on occasions during the late and warm summers evenings. Cute bottle. The scent lasts for hours. One of my favorites. A lovely playfull scent.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Soapy and quite dry. I do smell the leather but I don't think this perfume has good chemistry with me. In the paper I still smell the soapiness. If you want to smell like you just came out of the shower then I recommend you try this.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

What I get is melon rather than apple, tropical ... all the way. Don't see where the leather comes in (fine by me though). It's my favourite summer-sunshine-feelgood scent. You just have to let it settle for a while as at first spray it's very strong. Longlasting too, I sprayed it at bedtime and still smelled it next morning. As for sillage : I bought it because a woman passing me smelled so great that I asked her what she was wearing. For me it was "must get this". It's "rounder" and sweeter than the green one.

PS : review for EDP

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

This is a jeans and tshirt kind of fragrance definitely not for dressing up. It is very sweet. I am amazed at the staying power. The ingredient I was most hoping to pick up was the leather and it's just not there. :( But I will still use it and I bet my daughter would like it as well.

Happy Perfuming!

takeasniff
takeasniff

My husband just got this for me and he was so pleased with himself. I thought oh no what am I going to do I do not like these apples from DKNY they give me a thumping headache and they are very sharp like knives going through my head. I smiled and acted pleased and in my heart I was very pleased he had thought of me and tried to buy something nice not for any particular occassion just because he felt like it.

I sprayed it on and thought oh no, no no and NO!! it was honestly like Elnet hairspray. Since I already had sprayed it I went out to the lounge and we watched a show and had dinner. As the night went on this perfume softened on me and it was really nice unlike the other apples in the range. I gave those a fair chance but didn't suit my skin but this one made friends with my skin perfectly. There was only a very smooth apple smell like as someone else said apple pie with a hint of patchouli in the background. I love it now and will always try to have a bottle although it does to me smell like hairspray in the first few minutes but I let it settle and it is really perfect for me. Quite expensive when my hubby got it and I think it is a limited edition which is a bummer for me. Lasts a long time on me I only have to respray it at night if I am going out after having it on during the day and no headaches!!

kawaii sweety
kawaii sweety

I have to admit that I didn't like it that much when I first received it but after an hour, it started smelling like apple pie and a bit of cinnamon. It's so delicious that I spray it on all day when I wear it! Too bad it doesn't last very long though, I'm emptying the bottle and it was expensive!

dovey
dovey

the leather note is very strong & dominante !!!! I don't know how people smell apples !!!! smells like a scented rubber toy

juliet capulettt
juliet capulettt

it smells good, worked well on me, however, i prefer the green one :)

rainydays293
rainydays293

Nice, sweet, you can definitely smell the apple. It's crisp and fresh smelling. A good day or summer perfume. Not my cup of tea though.. and it left me coughing when I caught a whiff of it.

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

WOW. This perfume is really fruity (but not overly fruity that its sickly) its just the right balance of a sweet fruity scent. Its was a really refreshing smell which would suit summer very well. I was impressed to say the least !

Emilym1992
Emilym1992

This perfume hated my chemistry or something because it smelled awful on me :(. I'm so disappointed because I love anything that has an apple scent in it. It even smelt manly on me, what the crap :(

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

On paper, I actually kind of like Red Delicious, which is surprising because I don't like Be Delicious at all. I detect fruity and leather notes in this, which makes this scent warm yet fun.

UPDATE: I tried this on skin instead of paper and really disliked this scent. It's a very strong, patchouli like fragrance. While, it was fruity on paper, it's an overwhelmingly unpleasant scent on skin.

sw33tcookie
sw33tcookie

Smelled it today, it is so pretty, and girly and fun. Its so fruity. Apple light and beautiful!

Normi Enriquez
Normi Enriquez

I love this perfume. I had it for a very long time, and I find that the fragance lasted very long, compared to others. I loved to wear it during the winter, even though it's a very summery scent. It is sweet and crisp. I also liked the male version.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I like this scent a lot! It smells like red apples and fruits and I really was shocked that I would like this scent since I wasn't a big fan of the be delicious

woodbines
woodbines

I bought this as a blind buy. On me, the opening is a sweet berry--very strong in the raspberry note. Shortly after (maybe 5-10 minutes), it gets joined by a heady patchouli with a faint hint of rose. I get no apple from this fragrance at all, which is a disappointment. An hour after application, it smells a little like a salon quality hairspray with berry and amber notes. It also wears pretty close to the skin at this point. I like it okay, but it's a fragrance that has to be reapplied over the course of the day. In the future I will wear it in the evening, and I think closer to fall when the weather starts to cool.

Edit: I haven't touched this fragrance since the middle of summer. This last week the weather had cooled considerably, and I decided to revisit this fume. I have to say, for me, timing is everything with this frag. What was so-so in the humid summer is now captivating in the breezy, brisk fall-like weather we've been having. It completely lost the hairspray quality I mentioned before. I still don't get any apple (must be my chemistry) but the sweet floral berry, vanilla, and patchouli sings. I've been looking for my autumn fragrance fall-back, and I definitely believe it is this :)

ariewid
ariewid

I think DKNY red delicious is a sweet fragrance, not in a gourmand way but sweet and fresh. But too bad it didn't last long in my skin.

Dollycat
Dollycat

Love this one! It´s sweet but soft and it´s long lasting. I have used 2 bottles already and purchase me a new one for sure, never get tired of this one. That`s rare for me, i have just a few scents that i adore so much i will have them to stay in my collection forever and this is one of them.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

This is a very nice, fresh, fruity, special & actually a bit mysterious little one.
Stays good on skin (And smells great on everybody i smell this on, wich is my whole town)

A for freshness
B for uniqueness
D - for the feeling that you cant wear this if you want to stick out since every girl in town got a hang up on this.

Cams
Cams

Very disappointing; on my skin, insignificant lasting power and a bland/flat dry-down. Returned. Test for at least an hour before committing.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This is crisp and sweet! I Love it! I like it better than the Be Delicious green one. The Raspberry makes all the difference. its not too sweet and its great for all ages. I was wearing it and my male company said "wow you smell delicious" and i smiled and told him thats what its called lol. DKNY makes great fragrances, you really cant go wrong with any of them that i know of.

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is a crisp clean scent with a touch of sweetness, but not the sugary kind of sweetness.
At first whiff I notice the green notes, leafy green notes, almost a geranium note, but then after settling for a couple of minutes, you will get the predominately apple notes with a bit of raspberry,a sip of champagne, and a touch of amber.
This is a fresh scent that lasts several hours once applied. Sillage is quite good as well.

imihelsone
imihelsone

A very sweet & fruity fragnance. Reminds me of the Nina Ricci Nina. For times when you want to smell like sweet candy, good for being around with kids, eating marshmallows or baking cookies haha :) A casual and fun fragnance for fun times.

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

This one's got a kick to it that was missing in the original Be Delicious. It's more mature than the original and I find it a bit peppery on me atleast. Somehow, it's similar to Gucci Parfum II for me - it's got the same zing! Sweetness of apples, litchis, raspberries and a bit of pepper - it's a wonderful combination and smells absolutely divine. One of my faves from the DKNY Delicious line - more mature than the original Be delicious and more complex than Dkny Fresh blossom which is far more floral than fruity in my opinion. Definitely need to get a new bottle of this one as I've run out! :)

MaiThy
MaiThy

Its very charming n delicious at top notes, wine mix with the mellow red apple n strawberry, u might just wanna take a bite out! I hope it lasts longer but it dried down quickly to the middle notes, a bouquet of Rose n patchouli, Its quite heavy n a bit synthetic, sadly those middle notes stay long :-( The base notes are better in powdery n musk, hint of flowers, slightly warm. At all, this red apple is nice! But after my bottle run out, I wont repurchase it. I prefer the Green apple to this one.

65Hilary48
65Hilary48

It's quite a simple fragrance. It smells completely of apple, but it is a very nice apple-y smell. Juicy and sweet. However, it does seem a shame that it's hard to notice any of the other notes.

jelliebean
jelliebean

I love fruity perfumes & this was my first DKNY Delicious scent now they are practically all I buy its smells gorgeous

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Let me just say: leather, patchouli, and fruit are very strange bedfellows. I get the slight apple note, and a spicy quality I can sort of appreciate... but at the end of the day: this is just cheap smelling and boring. If I'm gonna go fruity, I'll go with Bvlgari Au The Rouge... if I'm gonna go spicy, I'll go for something with pink pepper like Classique by Gaultier.

SS79
SS79

Just bought this yesturday at the local drug store.. got a 50ml for 19.00 cdn.. so couldn't resist since I already had the original and night. I find it similar to the original, BUT not as flowery. i find it more fruity.. not by much, but theres a difference. I paried this with the Warm harvest Apple (smells like cany apple) body lotion from BBW.. VERY yummy!!! Plus i just like collecting these simple design bottles! ;-)

mimi88
mimi88

yummy :)its stewed fruits in a bottle but in a stylish and sensual way (witch i miss in for example escada summer coctails) the name red deliciuos and red colour of the bottle its right on here

jofreesia
jofreesia

At first it smelled hairspray. But I found out that rubbing it, it becomes a very wearable patchouli.

jennibean
jennibean

This is very fresh but I don't associate the smell with an apple... It smells more like cucumbers and roses to me.

midge_91
midge_91

my favourite perfume i have it in every size for whenever and where ever i am :)

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

I absolutely, positively love this. It's so much sharper and crisper than the green DKNY Be Delicious, and it's a little sweeter and has a more bite to it! I HATE patchouli and if it's in here like the notes say it is; it is quite tolerable. I don't like sharp notes either; and I find this to be amazing. It's just so summery and fresh. The Be Delicious Raspberry Candy Apple is the apple that's supposed to have the coca cola note in it, but this is so reminiscent of opening a can of cold, crisp soda on a hot summer day and quenching your thirst! You cannot go wrong; it's fruity, bright, crisp, clean, and I kid you not, every time I wear it the guys go wild. I step in an elevator at work and everyone asks what I'm wearing. Normally that would put me on alert: it must be too strong. But here I know it's just because I smell fabulous. It's the best apple DKNY has created yet! This perfume's got its own personality. Wear it and "take a bite out of it before it takes a bite out of you" :)

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

I so whish I could like this! But just like with the other apple fragrances by DKNY, I found it cold and unpleasant - almost aquatic, which I cannot stand.

I had hoped that this edition would have the warm, sweet, juicy red apple scent I was picturing in my head, but nope. I guess I'll have to keep looking.

Hayven
Hayven

This smells like a crisp, tart red apple. Problem is, the sprayer squirts poorly and too much; the perfume was dripping on my wrists. Also the lasting power is zilch on me; I walked around 10 minutes in the store and it was gone.

jlashmbarbie
jlashmbarbie

I managed to win a twin pack of Be delicous and Delicious Red on Ebay for under £30, thus was rather pleased with myself. Considering the Red Edition was a spring frangrance, and the green a summer, decided to treat myself the following Autumn to a bottle of EDP as opposed to EDT. BIG MISTAKE. Within 2 minutes of me spraying a teenage friend of the family commented how strong it was. Unfazed, I wore it for my BF who, try as he did, literally gagged, saying that it reminded him of air freshener. Humph! Not the desired effect! Now I am trying to use up the bottle on days I don't see him, I have been put off. :(
My initial attraction to this scent was that it had the crispness of Be Delicious, with a little richness of winter. Perhaps I shall grow fond again.

scentedrat
scentedrat

Just shows you what a strange thing chemistry can be. I smelled this on someone at TJ Maxx one day, and it was sooooo wonderful I went right to Macy's to try it. GAG. Completely different. Sharp, harsh, and just totally nasty. On the other lady it was just beautiful; fresh, clean, a little sweet and a little tart. Kind of like a fantastic shampoo scent (my favorite kind of scent). On me...GROSS. Same with all the others in the line. They smelled great on the paper strips, too. Apparently my skin just rejects it. Bummer.

sootyboots
sootyboots

I loved this on my colleague but not on me. My husband loved it on me though, so much so he went out and bought the male version. I cant really stand it now, its so distinctive, but I'm stuck smelling my husbands ha ha. It is clean and non offensive though. I work in close quarters with other people and my colleague who wears it does appear "fresh". I think its perfect for gym, or maybe a workplace that involves getting a little hot and sweaty. I wouldn't buy it again though.

Erika2
Erika2

This is the worst one of the DK applescents, sickly sweet and the wortst part is that it´s so common. I might go for it if I was thirteen. People tend to overdose it and it brings me to the nearest window!

Kiyenna
Kiyenna

This smells even worse than Be Delicious!! DX

smellynich
smellynich

not really an apple apple smell more of a florals smothered the apple scent and they rot together..the initial spray is very bad i cant even describe it then it dries down to this tolerable sour floral apple smell..maybe the bottle that i got is bad coz i really cant smell the reviews are saying about this..im sad i cant use it

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is one of those perfumes where I prefer the drydown to the top notes.

That is not to say that I don't like the top notes...it's just that they are slightly overly tangy and a little sour for my tastes...slightly shocking at first spray.

However, once the rose starts to emerge it sweetens it up a little, as does the vanilla, and that contrasts with the tangyness of the apple as that comes through too, meaning that the fragrance is a lot more balanced and very wearable.

It's a warm weather perfume to me, thanks to the crispness of the fruit in the scent. A great work or leisure perfume for the day time.

I think that overall the best word to describe this perfume is *pleasant*. It's a nice fragrance, not one that can really offend anyone, yet not a head turner. It has won me a few compliments before though.

The main downside is the staying power. It's gone after 2-3 hours, and it's fairly expensive so it's not one that can be sprayed over and over throughout the day unless you are prepared replace it often (at the cost of a heavy indentation on your credit card.)

If this were a longer lasting perfume I would give it 7.5/10...but unfortunately (as with many of Donna Karan's perfumes) it's just a fleeting beauty...so I can only give it 6/10.

idiotmonger123
idiotmonger123

it seems lyk a total waste of money !! it smells lik a ripe n rotten apple and the fragrance doesnt cover ur aura the whole day...infact u gotta put ur nose at the place wher u hv sprayed it to actuallly feel that apply flavor !!

marietita
marietita

i remember that when i smell this.. i belive it smell like re wine .. then.. i try ir on my skin.. an wow.. very nice smell :)

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

It smells like nail-polish remover. Not very nice.

janna16
janna16

i love this scent but i wish it would last longer. It's light enough for the tropics and is really nice to spray on especially during Christmastime.

holly2k
holly2k

i have it it smells sweet

Siv55
Siv55

Donna Karen and Nina Ricci seem to be fighting to see who can come up with the nastiest brightly coloured fruity floral in a lovely apple shaped bottle that you really wished contained something worth smelling. Red, green, pink, white, blue, really please just stop it both of you. Declare a moratorium. Wait for inspiration.
The apples have turned sour :(

Norgirl
Norgirl

this is a nice smell . at first i have thought about this Be delicios perfumes as quite easy wearing and childish . but this one is quite mature i think . my daugter soon 13 tryed it on and she sayd this is a lady smell , not for me , i tryed it and it is infact a more adult smell .
i guess she can have my be delisioc green. who is more light

Ploppie
Ploppie

Never thought about sexy and apples at the same time, untill I sprayed on this red sweetheart. Never smelled somthing so sexy before. I have to admit I am a apple lover and eat one every day...

I like to wear this at night or for partying all night long. On me the litchi and raspberry are loud and clear.
Just like strong red apples (Elstar,Jonagold)surrounding me.

glamrose
glamrose

This is another discontinued fragrance in my country so I'm saving a quart of it. The apples are stimulating and the base notes are very seductive. Recommended for cold months or cold places. Never wear this in a very hot summer day.

breeze&somnolence
breeze&somnolence

This one blooms delicious and succulent in the beginning, but that's all there is to this perfume...it's just a spiral-down from there. It just gets stronger and sharper and more acidic until you're sure your head is pulsing with pain. I could detect something synthetic and that alone made me feel nauseous. Minus that, it could have been one of the best scents out there..Unfortunately, it just comes across as flat, and offensive.
I really regret buying this one. This is definitely not for the sensitive ones.

krissycat
krissycat

I love this one. Very sweet smelling. Only thing is I must get used to the scent very fast because after a few hours I can't smell it anymore. I like this better then the regular Be Delicious

cocolove
cocolove

I like the scent, but it can be annoying because its very present and strong, even though you spray just a little. It´s very fruity and juicy. The only problem is that it remains the same time after time. There is no interesting development going on. It gets boring easely. I like to smell this perfume on somebody else.

napiergirl
napiergirl

When i got this i thought i loved it , but over time it made me feel sick there is a artificial smell that just put me off.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

The opening is very promising, Fruity, sparkling with litchi and raspberry notes. The apple in this is not sweet like the original be delicious, which I cant stand, but crisp and juicy.The strong patchouli ruins it for me. A nice casual scent. Nothing to write home about. Better than the green one but not as good as the purple 'Delicious nights'.

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

simple fresh and sortlasting. delicious indeed!! ideal for summer weekends. but i got bored easily. worth trying.

aimeedoll
aimeedoll

Had a few compliments whilst wearing this one. Much better than the loud green sickly sweet DKNY be delicious.

guest_Eevee
guest_Eevee

Love it! I think its stronger than the green one. It has ok lasting power (better than toilettes but not as long as other perfumes). I just want to eat it its so yum, and it makes me feel yum and fresh

ninja_shy
ninja_shy

Its weird my bottle isn't an apple. Any way, this fragrance smells a lot like soap to me. I don't get the apple from it. It is also a very light scent and wears very close to the skin.
Pretty mediocre fragrance.

I just realized that this smells just like Paris Hilton perfume.

funaholic88
funaholic88

The smell is just nice and the staying power is bad.I hand to my friend after using it for a couple of days.I don't recommend this perfume.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Pleasant fruity floral with lots of red fruits, which add a little interest to what would otherwise be quite a plain apple scent...definitely an improvement on the original green one (which I found overly apply and somewhat linear). Nice for casual, everyday wear, especially during the warmer months of the year. Enjoyed it while I had it (given to me as a gift, not something I would choose), but wouldn't bother with it again. Perhaps a little young, simple and fruity for me. But if you're after that type of scent, then this one is definitely a winner! Simple and charming.

crakky
crakky

OMG!!! I want this perfume SOOO BAD!!! It is like a raspberry dream! I can detect a strange smell in it...and i think it is because of the litchi..whatever, it is a woderful smell...but it is kinda' expensive perfume...beside all of these...
Love the bottle+Love the scent=Love Red Delicious (=i'll buy it)...=^.^=

janudy
janudy

This is a nice apple raspberry scent...but there is something artificial about it. It reminds me of a big, red, apple jolly rancher, right down to the hard candy coating. This perfume somehow manages to capture that hard, almost plastic feel. I don't mind it though. I find this stays crisp and fruity several hours after I put it on and it doesn't make me sick.

TanjaS
TanjaS

Normally I would've preferred this one over Be Delicious, as I like sweet scents, but it's actually the opposite. It reminds me of Delicious Candy Apples Juicy Berry (which I don't like at all), but this one is much better. It's not as cloying as Juicy Berry, but it does have that slightly chemical smell. Maybe it's the lichi I'm not fond of, who knows. The staying power isn't very impressive. I could hardly smell it after an hour.

onpu_jin
onpu_jin

I really love it and prefer it over the red candy apple even if it has the similar notes of sweet red apple.

I think this original red apple is sweeter and softer.

This gave me sweet scent of apple which make me feel happy and joyful all day.

This scent is so delicious with sweet fruity scent.

PShank27
PShank27

Fruitier, sweeter and less woody than its green sister, but same synthetic chemical-ness that totally turns me off.

flyushkifly
flyushkifly

i'm especially sensitive to patchouli, but it doesn't bother me in this pleasant fragrance. i put it where it won't touch clothes, however, so it doesn't linger on gloves, coat sleaves, or scarves - which i find patchouli to do. forever. haunting me. giving me headaches. in short - red delicious is as much patchouli as i would ever want.

swenada
swenada

So I finally tested it. I thought it was clean and light. Rated it 6.5 to 7 on 10. Decided I will not add it to my collection though, there are so many more fragrances that are higher on my priority list so though I did not jump up and say yippee yummy when I sniffed this, I also did not say eeeew. I wuld say I am almost a bit indifferent to it. Give it a test.

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

Like sexy apple pie...While I liked the green one, I found the red delicious to be so much more interesting.

This is a go-to winter fragrance for me...something I grab and toss in my purse to spritz during the day.

The apple is prominent, of course, but I also smell plum in this. Could it be the lychee? I also pick up on the vanilla base notes.

If I had a complaint about this perfume, it would be that it doesn't last very long at all. It wears off halfway through my workday.

An apply/plumy scent that I like equally well and that lasts a lot longer is Ed Hardy's Love and Luck. The one with the geisha girl on it.

All in all the "delicious"perfumes are very wearable, but also very commercial. Everyone wears this stuff.

ajbww
ajbww

i love this its very fresh smelling i prefer this one over be delicious the green one, hoping to buy another one soon

Lucero
Lucero

I like this one wayyy better than the green one,they smell very similar to me but this one doesnt have such as strong wood smell to it.

maijaaijam
maijaaijam

I was thinking, if I could say something nice about this perfume. Only thing that came into my mind - it's longlasting.
Too longlasting..
I sprayed it on my wrist with great expectations, but all I could smell was some kind of shampoo. No apples, just synthetic and cloying smell.
I'll give it away.

tulip09
tulip09

I bought this perfume unsniffed from an online store because I wanted a perfume smelled like apples. It's nice but a bit too sweet for me. I prefer the fresh blossom.

lucifera
lucifera

its nice and in some way better then the green version! allthough there is a leather note in it that i usually can't stand,its un noticable in reddelicious wich is good ;-)maybe i will purchase it during summer for casual use,its very longlasting too!

Afm.santos
Afm.santos

I really love this one, so fresh and fruity. The smell of apple is really minhamiii :)
I dont know why, but this one is my favorite of the Delicious Series.

c3c
c3c

I impulse bought this after one whiff. Really like it. Light, playful, very slightly sweet. The opening has the same air to it as Bvlgari Pour Femme(they have no notes in common so I have no idea what the link is but I like it). It definitely makes me want to explore other Donna Karan fragrances though.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

One of the few perfumes I've had positive comments on from strangers. It's youthful (without being sweetingly so), fun and fresh, but has a sexy side too. Like it a lot.

tee_vee09
tee_vee09

this reminds me of apples but not green apples red ones like pink lady and raspberries as well thats probably where it goes wrong that smell.. its alright i give it 4/10
be delicious original reminds me of crisp green golden delicious apples i prefer original which i give 8/10 yummy

sharyssa
sharyssa

Got a 3.4 oz gift set for $39.99 the other day so when I get out to the truck and I spray some on and drove over to one of my favorite stores and when I was at the register the sales lady said "what do you have on?" And I told her "Be Delicious" and then I said "no" I got the name wrong so I reached into my purse and pulled out the box and she asked if she could see it I handed it to her and she held it to her nose and inhaled and she said it was a beautiful smell.I agree,it doesn't exactly smell like the apple in which it is shaped I'd say more like raspberry mixed with cucumber and floral.But all in all I got a good deal and it is the gift set I am most proud of! It has a 3.4 oz a 1.7 oz lotion and a mini (so cute!).I like it alot and I was about to go to Macy's and spend $70.00 for the green be delicious gift set now I don't need it!

animnafets
animnafets

This perfume echos Romeo and Juliet to me...

It starts with glasses of sparkling champagne clinking together, with sweet fruit laid out on magnificent platters.

A hint of leather and patchouli keeps the notes from crossing into the realm of sugared fruits, giving it a darker undertone.

Then the scent transitions to secret rendezvous as Romeo and Juliet meet in an apple orchid at night. The nearby flowers, wet soil, and ripe apples hanging from trees scent the air delicately.

I rather enjoy this scent- but mostly because champagne notes hold a special place in my heart.

succubus
succubus

Really love this fragrance. It makes me simply... delicious.

The top notes are simply immaculate. As time goes by, the playful lichi and raspberry scent tones down and becomes this crisp apple scent that stays for such a long time that you couldn't even catch a hint of the vanilla pods in the base notes.

Red Delicious has good staying power with my body chemistry and makes me feel fresh all day. Love it.

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

I got this one as a present. It was a nice surprise (thanks Auntie!) but the perfume itself isn't as intriguing as I expected it to be. Fresh, crisp, a little bit spicy. It is nice, but I like perfumes with many different notes in them, these that everytime you smell them, you discover something new. Unfortunatelly, this isn't one of them. But it doesn't mean it's bad, it's just rather plain, nothing too sophisticated, a refreshing, nice summer scent. The leather note is strong here, I like it. It could have been a bit sweeter in my opinion. Good for a daytime fragrance.

Edit: Red Delicious had been lying a bit forgotten in my draw for a while, but when hot, tiring summer came I put it out and realised how much I love it! Its fresh and crisp smell was a salvation in the heat. I'm enjoying it once again.

perfumesaddict
perfumesaddict

I tested this one on my skin...

THE FIRST SNIFF:
Oh I smell the litchi so good and a slight smell of the raspberry too, this is so fruity!

5 MINUTES LATER:
Now the raspberry and the green apple comes to it's right, still fruity!

15 MINUTES LATER:
The patchouli comes out now... It's kinda sharp! I still msmell the green apple though.

DRYDOWN:
The drydown is a mix of patchouli and amber and a slight tone of rose...

x

michelle23
michelle23

I bought it a few years ago, but it unfortunately doesn't work with my body chemistry. Instead of being sweet and crisp, it quickly turns to stale with a potent scent of alcohol once settled on my skin. Sadly, it gives me a headache. I wish it worked with my chemistry, as it literally smells delicious in the bottle!

hotaru

i have red and green from DKNY be delicious series, and i love them both.

red delicious is playful,fruity sweet,young, carefree, 'airy', lovely and 'relax'.

if you're not into fruity-sweet fragrance that tends to be 'candy like', forget this fragrance.

it smells nearly like candy in the opening; but soon it will fade to a more light, crisp, and clean scent: a basket of red, ripe apples. the patchouli comes into play, like a rhytm for the apple's solo.

in the end, it smells really vanilla, left you with a cozy feeling like you just visited your grandma's kitchen when she baked some apple pies.

well, at least that what's left for me. i love how this perfume works on my body chemistry, on me, and my surrounding.

it's a young and refreshing fragrance, suitable for teens or the young-hearted woman.

jatzzie
jatzzie

Apples,apples,apples,red apples.I prefer Red Delicious over Be Delicious, because BD has this cucumber smell to it which kind of blocks the appleness.Red Delicious reminds me of then end of summer when the apples start falling off the trees.The scent is fruity and appley, perfect.:) Something for everyday usage.

Ellen Chen
Ellen Chen

It's a refreshing and fun scent, fruity, when I smell it I can't help not to buy it altho I don't plan of buying perfumes that time, I like it.

mwater1
mwater1

I am really liking DKNY Red Delicious. It, of course, contains the aroma of ripe red apples but mixed with the soft sweetness of the litchi to temper it. I find this scent refreshing and clean. I really enjoy this fragrance.

hotaru

it smells like a basket of red, ripe apples. i love it so much. well, it may be too sweet to some ppl, but it smells great on me :)

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

The original Be Delicious is so lovely, especially when compared to this! Cutting a green scent with a fruity sweetener doesn't always work. Red Delicious seems to be trying to be juicy rather than sharp, an apple of pulp and water rather than taste.

I can detect raspberry and apple, with a kind of mushy warm undertone. If Snow White's wicked stepmother had offered me this I'd have thrown it back at her, and be living with the dwarves to this day!

I must have smelt this fragrance when I was holidaying in Melbourne, because everytime I smell this scent I think of the city, the shops and the busy streets.

I much prefer this fragrance to the original Be Delicious because the apple note isn't so prominent. I like how this fragrance has blended the apple note with raspberry and litchi, creating something that is unique, divine and very fruity.

I was shocked to see leather as one of the listed notes, but I'm rather glad because it has changed my view on leather scents. I once viewed leather as being strong and distasteful, yet now I really like it.

Red Delicious is such an intriguing fragrance. One minute I'll be thinking it's passable, the next minute I'm totally in love.

I can't wait until Summer so I can test it in the warmer weather. I have no doubt in my mind that I will be making this fragrance my favourite scent for the hotter months.

Trvevil
Trvevil

It was the first one of 'delicious' I have smelled and I didn't like it back then at all.
I tried it today and it smelled on me almost like the original Be Delicious- apple + cucumber. Almost no sign of litchi or raspberry. After few hours it becomes just apple and amber. Leather there is gentle and 'almost there'.
It isn't very intense, except first 2 hours or so. It changes quite fast to ambery apple smell- something there is not quite cool- the apple note with amber smells a bit musty, but it isn't that detectable, because it's more close to skin at that phase.
The 3.4 oz bottle is too large for my hands to hold it and spray, it almost slipped when I tried to spray it on my wrist.
I don't love original Be Delicious (I'm glad with my sample), but this one I don't like. In fact it was a bit nauseating from time to time.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

yummy fragrance! great staying power too...

Livious
Livious

now this smells YUMMY! i wish i had bought the red instead of the green...

Annie_D
Annie_D

This is a fun feminine fragrance! I think it works in almost any setting, work and play. I have worn it and gotten many compliments and people say that never smelled that way on me, so maybe my chemistry is different? I would recommend for people to try different ones with the delicious line because one of them is bound to work with your chemistry. I love this one much better than the original although I own most of them. Red Night and new fresh blossom are my favorites!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

My least favorite "Delicious". It looses the youthful energy of the original, and isn't nearly as interesting as "Delicious Night". The red berry scent just doesn't compliment the apple. It almost gets syrupy on my skin, and not in a good way.

Elitsa
Elitsa

I love this perfume - i find it a bit chaffy, playful, sweet...I use it in winter because it reminds me for the summer and excite me.

Russian
Russian

They knew what they meant when they called it "delicious",cause it really is.It's very fruity,i can feel the apple and the raspberry very well.Nothing sophisticated.It's just...delicious.

essija
essija

This is very friendly on my skin. Subtle and Delicious. Smooth and soft. I didn't expect much out of this and actually I'm suprised I like it so much. It's a subtle scent, candylike with a hint of strangeness. It's just perfect. Not boring to me at all. It's clean and sweet all mixed in one. cute little red bottle too.

barbiot35
barbiot35

This is a boring fragrance unlike the amazing Be Delicious!... Fruity notes are too overpowering and makes headache...

falovalo
falovalo

Maybe it's just my nose, but I can't really detect any fruit in this. To me, it smells like cheap chemicals, I was very disappointed since I was hoping for a true apple scent.

kurisu
kurisu

Compare to the Green one,Red is more fruity and a bit lighter.Real Fruity,I didn't notice any floral note in it.
Staying power is good,but can't compare to the green one.Even I like the green one,I think the red one is lighter and easy to use.Should be a casual-everyday fragrance.

rieuse
rieuse

this fragrance is yummy. it's super for romantic wear and some special occasions. the staying power is quite impressive and the apple-shaped bottle looks so pretty. I just love both Red and Be Delicious!!!

olivion
olivion

My flatmate bought this fragrance some months ago. She absolutely adores it. So do I.

I happened to wear it once. It was my graduation party. I put on my red evening dress, golden jewelry and was already holding in a hand a bottle with my usual perfume. At that moment my flatmate came in. "Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous! but wait a minute... I've got something for you. Close your eyes." And then there was that smell - DKNY Red Delicious. Actually, I didn't know it's name, it was just something from a fairy tale, which made a princess out of Cinderella. The party went perfect.

I wanted to buy this perfume later, but I didn't want to smell the same. Well, I'm sure it's magic inside of this red-apple-bottle anyway. You know, my flatmate's boyfriend really goes crazy when he smells this aroma on her neck.

ydee
ydee

It is nice used my vial in vacation. I smelled first the fruit, than most green apple and ended with smell of cut grass.

Chelsea
Chelsea

green apple is alot better than this. this perfume smells so bad on me. it smells like a bruise medicated oil. yuck.

dioradddict
dioradddict

for casual wear, red fruits and apple, it a good fragrance but think i would´t buy it.

perfumejunkie
perfumejunkie

I think this is a good day fragrance. It stays with you and though its sweet and fruity, the amber notes come out after a few hours.

elgab89
elgab89

I did not like the original be delicious, however this one I like, more sophisticated.

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

It smell better than the other one (DKNY be delicious) but I don't like this perfume, in fact I don't like neither the male versions of this one, and the be delicious series, And the series of Picnic in the park smell so bad.

piddusina
piddusina

his apple's smell captures my nose,it's fresh and lovely.for me,it's better than dkny delicious(that green)

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

This is a fun fragrance for casual or evening wear. It is crisp and clean as are all of Donna Karen's fragrances.

2007

DKNY Red Delicious by Donna Karan 3.44 out of 5 based on 950 ratings and 145 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Red Delicious fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Red Delicious, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Red Delicious by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Red Delicious by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.