Designers » D E » Woody Aquatic « Groups

DKNY Red Delicious Men Donna Karan for men

DKNY Red Delicious Men Donna Karan for men
dislike

rum

This perfume for man made of woody notes was introduced in limited edition in 2006. Packed in red bottle it brings sexy and daring notes for men. Top notes are made of sweet fresh bergamot together with cardamom, tangerine, oxygen, brandy and rum. The heart brings notes of saffron, coffee, apple liqueur, and orchid. The base is warm and soft, together with notes of sandal and vanilla, touched by woodsy notes and moss accords. The bottle has a shape of apple, and the apple is a symbol of the New York City. It is available in the amount of 50 and 100 ml edt.

iris Sandalwood Patchouli Saffron Oakmoss Coffee Cognac Orchid Rum Bergamot Mandarin Blossom Cardamom

London
Ambré

DKNY Red Delicious Men Fragrance Reviews

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I have come to one conclusion. I love this sweet fruity boozy scents. Scents like Frapin, Pure Malt, Michael Kors (not as boozy but similar in vein), Le Dandy Pour Homme, to name a few. Some of these don't end up being as wearable to me in my day to day life. For example though I love to smell Pure Malt I am not particularly fond of wearing it much at all.

This one however does enough to call it a sweet boozy yet doesn't do too much which makes it quite versatile. I would argue of all the frags I listed this one is probably the most wearable of the bunch. It is sweet, dense and boozy yet has a crisp/freshness that for some reason I can't put my finger on.

The longevity seems quite good and the projection is just right. This could be safe for the office but maybe a bit sweet to be taken too serious. However as a casual day to day and even night out scent this one is a winner.

Don't know why this one is so cheap on line but my gosh is it good!

RobbieX
RobbieX

Just been given this for Christmas. Warm spicy sums this up, but there's a lot going on here. Boozy notes, spices, red berries, vanilla and sandalwood is what I pick up. Longevity and sillage are both excellent. The overall impression is a warm, sweet, fruity, pleasant smell which lasts. Red delicious is quite unique too - it's really nice with lots of character.

peferrarine
peferrarine

I find it extremely sexy. It's boozy and warm, but fresh at the same time (not cool, but not cloying warm either). It has the feeling of anticipation. Like you're staring at someone's eyes and your breaths are shorter and the air is hot, and you know you're gonna get some tonight.
Smells like a clean and sexy guy. It's a total turn on.

Ups925
Ups925

I remember smelling this in stores and thought it was bright and fruity with some dark notes. Upon purchasing, its heavily boozy and sickly sweet. Its very strong, and 2 sprays provides accompanying headaches (especially in summer). I really liked the original dkny delicious for men but I havent been able to burn through this bottles in the many years Ive had it.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

With the popularity of boozy notes, coffee, and sandalwood, I don't understand why this isn't a more popular fragrance...and it can be had for dirt cheap. It opens wit big rum and some cognac, held up by coffee and big sandalwood in the background. It is a little "sticky" sweet, but this stuff has great longevity on me. Also making their appearance is some iris and cardamom. This definitely borders on gourmand, but the powerful sandalwood keeps it in line as a woody booze frag. A little on the synthetic side, but no more than any other designer, and at this price, if you are a booze or sandalwood frag lover, I say pick this up. To me it had a slightly figgy coconutty thing going on as well, and I'm not the biggesy fan of these kinds of scents, but given today's boozy trend, this stuff should be far more popular. I rate this a solid try if the above remotely appeals to you.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I like this a lot better than Be Delicious Men which I really disliked. This version isn't anything truly special but I didn't find it awful by any means. If anything, I found it a tad boring. For me, it's all wood and spice. Definitely gives off a masculine vibe but I don't find it too strong or overpowering. It gives a feeling of warmth and coziness. I could see the ladies really liking the smell of this one on their man. I like it but I don't love it. It doesn't stand out to me as being one of the best in my collection but it's not the worst either. Instead it sits somewhere in the middle of the road.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Well, to be able to speak of this fragrance, I prefer to begin listing the actual notes:
TOP: Cognac, Rum, Saffron flower, Cardamom, Bergamot and Mandarin flower;
HEART: Coffee, Apple Liqueur, Tiger Orchid;
BASE: Sandalwood, woods, oakmoss, Patchouli, Iris and vanilla.

I don't think this is a version of Be Delicious, since they have distinct aromas. I think one "complements" the other. The traditional is stronger, sober and have different nuances of Apple (baked apples and Green Apple), while in RED DELICIOUS, we don't have anything from the fruit, but the liqueur. And what a liqueur!!!

RED opens alcoholic: a mix of Cognac and citrus notes. However, the heart beats very strongly, because it really is a liquerish and creamy cologne. It has coffee? I don't know, because there is nothing noticeable on my skin.
The base is the secret for this scent stays in the masculine category, because of the Woods and oakmoss notes, which make it, definitely, a male scent. Otherwise, the aroma would be totally feminine. By saying this, I even dare to say that this cologne should be fabulous, if worn by a woman.

Returning to its base, we can’t forget the mix of Iris and vanilla. For me, every single perfume with vanilla is always good, always "creamy".
The result of this whole trip is: "I tried to be a grown up gourmand, but somebody drunk me and I became a fruity semi-gourmand".
It can be worn in any occasion. It’s an easy going scent, which has an air of "romance", something very intimate and conqueror.

Figuratively, I would say that this is the apple waiting to be bitten, as a "forbidden fruit".
There are some complaints about its lasting power. I don't think the problem is the lasting, because its base notes do their work well. In my opinion, the problem is the projection, probably because of the alcoholic notes (more volatile) and then, what was supposed to be a trace bomb, becomes very intimate.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

My first impression:

In the quest to know more perfumes alcoholics decided to catch it. Opening with really very congnac and rum, with the risk of being stopped by cops think you're drunk! After about 2 minutes the alcoholic tone softens and begins to appear bergamot with a floral sweetness. this step referred the smell of orange juice Tang. I like it too.

benthin
benthin

The worst thing ive ever bought and the projection is just horrible.. its just like as if u havnt used it.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This smelled like rotting apples when I sprayed it on. Then it becomes almost like cider, apple with a heavy boozy influence. And yet it does somehow smell aquatic.Quite odd. I think it might have something to do with the moss, which I can smell throughout and is the only thing I get at the base. Not great. My brother (the owner) doesn't like it either, he wears it, like leung.m says, for the sake of wearing something.

leung.m
leung.m

I bought this during an on-line sale without trying it first, I had smelt be delicious before, so i thought it would be down that sort of road.
it's a kind of fragrance that you put on for the sake of having something on, one of those like i'm at the gym and just going home and no where else after...(that is actually the only time I use it)
It is nothing special, nothing to write home about, for me anyway it's very ordinary, I don't love it, I don't hate it... I just wear it cos I'm not going to wear creed to go home after the gym... kinda sums it up!

Mr. Nose
Mr. Nose

Even finding the alcohol & coffee notes interesting, this parfum remains damn sweet to me.

Like a girl that drank too much rum, cognac and coffee and got effin' drunk and energic - she can't stop talking - this fragrance annoys.

I couldn't even finish my bottle. I'm sure it was red, but I got tired of looking for the delicious.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Kinda fresh but also warm.
Kinda aquatic but also coffee/alcohol-like
Sounds strange, but the result is pretty good.
I do get the red apple note as well.
Great choose for semi-hot weather.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I want the rum, saffron, coffee, sandalwood, coffee and vanilla. But tangerine and bergamot ruined it.
Its better than be delicious but still not great.
The very best I can say for Red Delicious is that it reminds me of red wine.

tonziin
tonziin

Very good perfume, I smell the coffee and end a delicious sweet smell enticing. Better to use on cold days, for summer I found it very sweet!

Longevity 6-7 hours
4 / 5

kevinski
kevinski

I smelt this at a local mall last week and it is so similar to Sean John Unforgivable. No thank you

Endymion
Endymion

Cognac, rum, coffe, orchid, saffron. I thought it was going to be a dark, gourmand, rich and heavy scent.
However it's a mouthwatering, fresh and warm,(as other said) great scent! I really like it and it's surely surprising that with such ingredients they could make such a fresh fragrance.
Modern, uplifting, unique (for me) and juicy :) It was a good choice (no wonder it's more expensive than Be Delicious).
Recommended! This is Red Apple for men ;)

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Red delicous for men opens fresh and crisp with a slight woodsy note. I could really smell the bergamot, tangerine and sweet apple. It quickly turns warm and spicy on the skin, with rum, coffee, cognac and patchouli the strongest notes. A casual, boozy, modern fragrance great for the colder months, tends to turn sour in hot weather. I was sure I could smell a strong leather note somewhere, but its not listed. Fresh and warm at the same time. Easy to wear with great sillage.Too bad its a limited edition, this could be a perfect fall fragrance.

varondandy
varondandy

the rum and brandy are too strong,i fear getting pulled over by cops thinking i was drinking and driving. no go for me.ciao!

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I have the cologne version of this in a different bottle. The main notes I can smell in this are the apple liquer and the coffee, the coffee really projects on my skin for some reason. I dont understand how people dont smell the coffee in this fragrance, its definately there even when it's just sprayed. I love this until the drydown after a few hours this kind of goes sour on my skin. Still a lovely scent that is definately the smell of NYC.

DKNY Red Delicious is deliciously boozy.

This fragrance had the potential to be fresh and Summery, especially with the presence of apple and bergamot, however I'm rather glad that this fragrance is the complete opposite of fresh.

Red Delicious is rich, spicy and warm. This is the scent for a wild man, something that really appeals to me. The booziness originates from the rum and cognac notes, yet the spicyness from the patchouli, saffron and cardamom balances the scent out nicely.

Added notes of coffee and floral components such as iris, orchid and mandarin blossom makes for one very unique fragrance. This is certainly masculine however a daring woman wearing this fragrance is not out of the question.

I only half-heartedly agree that this is an aquatic, it does have slight watery notes, but it is nowhere near as fresh as most aquatic fragrances. The best seasons for DKNY Red Delicious would be Autumn and Spring and perhaps even Winter.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Fresh, sweet from the apple liqueur. Kinda reminds me of Leau Par kenzo. But better it doesnt start out sharp. I dont get no coffee whats so ever. The longevity is OK.

vdxl
vdxl

A delicious mouthwatering fragrance, but I don't know where the water is. It is maybe a light woody-gourmand scent that I really love: it smells like red apples, it evokes some red wine, raspberries and some sheer spicy vanilla in the background.

guest_boy
guest_boy

it is sooooo lovely, mi grlfriend brought it for em!!! she kept sniffing me

Indro
Indro

Wow!Cognac & Rum notes are fantastic!just kiddin,this one is one fresh scent with warmth in it,just love it.

manuel-okey
manuel-okey

nice in my country the women s turn crazy when smell it .i can t believe the seductive power of this fragrances.if you want to be a very sexy man or have a successful date this is your first step ,a lot of girls set what can eat a man who s wearing it.is perfect all the girls will look at you.

jonr951
jonr951

Oh Red Delicious for sure!!! 100 times better than Love! Love smells like a dozen other mens colognes where Red Delicious has something special about it! Reds been my fav for yrs so definitely choose Red over Love! Hope this helps!

guest_ahmad ehab
guest_ahmad ehab

its smells nice and clean
a little playful and makes ppl wonder what u are wearing , nice
can someone tell me which is better this one or donna karen love from new york ?????????
plz answer me fast!!!
im buying now

Stefan
Stefan

Very clean smell. Like fresh laundry almost but be careful this is quite strong. I wouldn't sniff my wrist all day with this one.

dancam86
dancam86

It's very similar to the original, only warmer. Warmth provided, I believe, by the delicious cognac and rum accords. Those alcoholic notes are not only successful giving warmth to the fragrance, they also give to the man who's wearing it a certain appeal among drunk girls, so I would recommend that you guys wore it on a nigh out, if you wanna go clubbing lol.
Very nice fragrance although I still don't like the strange note on the top that smells like ¿celery? that I dislike so much in the original.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

This one is a trully upgrade to the original Be Delicious. Really tasty! I wish I could drink a cocktail with the same color and taste of this fragrance! The staying power is not very strong.

kahokero
kahokero

I have smelled this one many times, but I didn't know exactly how to describe it. Today I finally clicked that it smells like Christmas fruit mince tarts. I think that it is because of all the sweet liqueur notes. Yummy! It's hard to find perfumes with coffee, apple liqueur, and orchid etc all together. It should be a unisex fragrance because everyone should have the right to smell like a Christmas fruit mince tart, especially at the festive season.

Chelsea
Chelsea

I really like this scent. i bought it for my brother. pity my by doesn't rly like this. so i can't buy it for him. i'm gonna compare the male and female's version for this! If the male's version is better, than who knows!:D

acc
acc

sweet, slightly masculine, modern, complex, rich, high quality, enjoyable, long lasting and seductive. a must try for young men. worth every buck you spend on it.

balinese_frangipani
balinese_frangipani

eventhough I'm a woman, but I love to wear this..fresh n delicious..n I like more when my man used this... :)

promoscanner
promoscanner

Nice and crisp scent. Cedar and citrus notes work well for everyday use in the office.

2007

DKNY Red Delicious Men by Donna Karan 3.60 out of 5 based on 209 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Red Delicious Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Red Delicious Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Red Delicious Men by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Red Delicious Men by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.