Designers » D E » Citrus Gourmand « Groups

DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime Donna Karan for women

DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime Donna Karan for women
dislike

DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime Donna Karan for women Pictures DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime Donna Karan for women Pictures DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime Donna Karan for women Pictures

Donna Karan launches limited edition DKNY Sweet Delicious collection of fragrances in the spring of 2012. The collection contains three sweet scents: Pink Macaroon, Tart Key Lime and Creamy Meringue. The fragrances are inspired by recipes for creamy cup cakes.

DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime opens with fresh notes of orange, bergamot and mandarin, with middle notes of neroli, ginger and basil, and the base wrapping it all up with violet leaf.

It is available as 50 ml EDT.

Bergamot Lime Orange Mandarin Orange Sweet Notes

Neroli Ginger Basil

Violet Leaf

DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime Fragrance Reviews

A fresh one. No sweetness there. It's not as good as the other Limited edition Creamy meringue.
Smells like lemon juice. Not impressive, but wearable.
Very cute green bottle!

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

DKNY has done a great job with both their lemon and lime "Be Delicious" offerings. Like the lemon version, the lime is sweet around the edges and I just want to close my eyes and take a bite! However, I have only seen this offered in the full-sized 50 ml apple bottle, and am not willing to pay $48 for all of the DKNY's that I want. DKNY--please consider rollerball size!

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a great lime scent. Lime usually comes off as such a sharp, masculine scent it doesn't blend well into most compositions. Here it is really beautiful and feminine, toned down by the other notes to be almost sweet -- lime in real life is not only sour but intensely bitter, and often it's just too much in most perfumes, too harsh. This is sour but not bitter, so it's really a perfect lime scent. Not so much gourmand but a great lime scent in general for spring and summer.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

When I first smelt this fragrance I was disappointed, because I really expected something that smelt like key lime pie. This didn't even come close, it's not even close enough to call it the Yoplait yogurt version.
However, given a re-evaluation from another perspective I do like it as a lime fragrance. The lime is soft, feminine, and creamy almost like it had a touch of vanilla in it somewhere. The fragrance also has a bubbly effervescence that reminds me of a soda pop. The overall affect to me is somewhat sweet creamy lime soda.
It lasted 4 hours on me, this one will need frequent touch ups but it smells SO yummy. Someone on here mentioned to me how hard it is to find soft, feminine, lime fragrances and I agree! This one is an exception, many lime fragrances come off as masculine or harsh.
I'm so glad they put basil in here, it's SUCH a nice touch. Infact this reminds me just a teeny weeny bit of Jo Malone lime basil mandarin. Although this one is much sweeter, softer, and the basil is more subtle. Also way more lime than mandarin, but *pssst* I also like this one more ;)

cyclone1391
cyclone1391

My fav of the 3! Smells like Coconut Lime Verbena to me but much better because a bit more candied. I don't know if I'd actually would by it though because it doesn't last very long for how expensive it is. I wish there was a body spray of this!

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

Tried at Kohl's today. Lasted all of 30 seconds then poof! Gone.

almarie
almarie

I just bought this today from Kohl's. I already have the other two in this collection, and now I finally have this one. All three smell equally sweet, but this one has more of a fresh fruitier scent to it. I like it.

sarage
sarage

I almost bought this today, and now I keep sniffing my wrist all the time! After the first sniffs I can say that this is one of the best green scents I have tried. It is fresh, very refreshing, and yet there is a sweet note there. So this is not one of those sharp, sporty type fragrances, this is a sweet lime tart.
This is a real mood lifter too, in the middle of a dark season.

zant
zant

This is perfect for summer! It starts off with a blast of tart, fresh lime, and even though that dissipates after about half an hour, you're left with a soft, fresh, neroli with a hint of lime scent. As for the list of notes, the only ones I could really pick out were lime (obviously, lol) and neroli. I didn't get any basil, ginger, or generic "sweet notes." That's perfectly fine with me, as fresh lime and neroli were really all I wanted out of this, but just a heads-up for someone who might be looking for something a little more complex.

jesslockz
jesslockz

I think this fragrance smells totally amazing! To me it smells like straight up lime, which is absolutely perfect for summer. The citrus really comes out in this perfume. Best ''Delicious'' fragrance from DKNY yet. I love it.

MichaelCerasEyebrows
MichaelCerasEyebrows

This sounds beautiful! Willing to swap Kat Von D Adora or Justin Bieber's Someday for this..!

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

I live in the USA, and I just received this perfume from the UK. In my opinion it does smell almost exactly like the name of this perfume. I do smell the sweet notes as well. It does combine together well. The problem is that the lime, and orange over power the rest of the notes. This isn't something I would wear, it's just not me. I like this fragrence, I don't love it.

Wolfcreek
Wolfcreek

My favourite from the DKNY Sweet Delicious.Very fresh,sweet.

gabi07
gabi07

Just awful for me, i smelled pure lime (at least that happened on my skin)
It was really bad, and the like smell was very strong, that was all I could smell, it was a very simple fragance, they should have make it more sweet, maybe more like orange.
In my opinion its good for a little girl who really loves lime lol and for a very hot day.
I felt like I could get the same result from wearing lime juice lol

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I sampled this and i'm going to have to get it a FB as my new Spring scent.

Gorgeous!! The lime is nice and tart just how i like it , and the other notes are blended well. On the whole i find "Citrus Gourmands" can be quite cloying or sickly. This perfume is neither too sweet or tart IMO and it smells refreshingly sweet and zingy.

I can see this good choice for gourmand perfume lovers to wear on a hot day. Most of my sweet perfumes are "too much" for hot weather , so i need something sweet but fresh for summer day wear . Ive found it !

A very nice surprise, as Ive not been too impressed with DKNY perfumes in the past. It also lasted quite well on skin for a citrus based perfume. Nice cute handbag friendly bottle too.

PS - Boots in UK are doing a free gift with this perfume too , a bag i think ( id rather have more perfume or matching body products than a crappy thin canvas "Designer" bag to be honest!) But a freebie is a freebie :)

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

I thought I would LOVE this one after reading the notes and given i'm a fan of citrus perfumes and really liked both the original be delicious and red delicious is one of my all time faves... but...I just smelled it at an airport duty free a couple of days ago and my my this is indeed VERY citrusy and tart key lime doesn't even begin to describe it, when I smelled it my first reaction was to jerk my face away from the testing paper. Yikes.

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

Wow! This is the dark knight of the group! I thought this would be my least favorite and it's actually my favorite! It most closely resembles the original Be Delicious and perhaps moreso Red Delicious because it's got that zesty lime which adds a little sharp kick. This is an aboslutely gorgeous scent for summer! I have never heard of a lime cupcake and this doesn't really resemble one to me as it's not sickly sweet. It's more like a refreshing 7-up on a hot summer day. Take a sip and feel relaxed and quenched. Spritz this on and feel invigorated and rejuvinated. This is definitely an energizing perfume! What a huge difference between a lemon merigue tart and key lime tart...the lime tart wins!

jelliebean
jelliebean

This sounds so delicious I can't wait to try this out

Soutty123
Soutty123

If I lived in a hot climate I would definitely buy this as I think it would be gorgeously refreshing in serious heat. However, as I live in the UK I doubt I'd get very much use out of it...

SBunny
SBunny

These are now at Debenhams in the UK.

This smells just like you've just cut into a lime. It's tangy and sharp with the lime and bergamot. The basil and voilet comes through giving the fragrance a green smell. This would be perfect for a boiling hot sunny day when you aim to smell fresh and clean.

Lasting power is around 4 hours with the best sillage of the three.

Annah7
Annah7

I just got it today as an early Valentine's day gift from my love. He bought it at the Dubai airport.
The bottle is quite pretty, I like its shape, however the top part is plastic and it looks a little cheap to me. It fits nicely in my hand.
The fragrance is beautiful and really yummy, however its lasting power and projection are very poor...
I couldn't smell anything after 1 hour.
Perhaps it is due to the cold and very dry climate in Sweden? Maybe. Or maybe it is just a poor quality?
For now, I feel I like it. If it lasted longer I think I would love it.
I will test it more and let you guys now later.

DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime by Donna Karan 3.56 out of 5 based on 141 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.