Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

DKNY Women Donna Karan for women
dislike

I have it: 523 I had it: 481 I want it: 185 My signature: 30

DKNY Women Donna Karan for women Videos

An opulent perfume for women, a perfume with unusual and magical components; a cold, strict and elegant fragrance for daily and office use. An energicetic wave of the top awaits you with the notes of green tomato leaves, red orange juice and cold vodka. The floral heart is composed of water lily, orchid and daffodil. The composition closes with the mild and pleasant notes of birch and tulip. DKNY Women was launched in 1999.

Orange Apricot Tomato Leaf Mandarin Orange

Yellow Narcissus Cassia Orchid Jasmine Water Lily Yellow Water Lily Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Rose

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Birch Suede

She JYUK
DKNY To Go Women
Donna Karan Women Energizing
Lemon and Neroli Eau Fraiche

DKNY Women Fragrance Reviews

merih
merih

I adore this! Unique, really refreshing, clean scent.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

Not a bad perfume, would prefer less tomato leaf reminds me of being in a greenhouse fulled up with tomato plants

dsty
dsty

I went through at least 4 (small) bottles of this when I was a bit younger, ages 18-25 maybe, when I only ever had one scent at a time. So I obviously really loved it.

I'm not experienced enough to pick out notes, but there's something in this that (in combination with the citrus notes?) makes it smell a bit like fresh sweat, but in a good way, which I'm apparently really into. The tomato leaf maybe?
That makes it sound like I don't agree with all the other reviewers who have called this a very clean scent, but I do. It's just that it's clean in a sour/sharp way that appeals to me much more than that other, laundry-like way.

I'd like to find something similar in another perfume, because I seem to have outgrown this one, or else the formulation has been changed. Either way, whenever I think about buying it again, I decide against it after testing it at the store.

jitlen
jitlen

I realy love this perfume. It´s like fresh mountain rill, so cold as far as frosty. It reminds me washed laundry and grass.

Very extraordinary scent! I liked it when I was younger, and now I like it even more...
It is fresh but strong, citrus but sexy, green but not that innocent! It is awesome, yes. Outstanding scent for an outstanding woman.
In my opinion, too powerful for hot summer, but great for all other seasons.

AVEYSEY
AVEYSEY

Just one tiny spray is too much for me. It is an acidic sharp smell and wayyyy too strong.

Bluella
Bluella

I have never found a perfume similar to this anywhere else. I first smelt it on a colleague, and as I love unique scents with monster sillage, I bought it along with the body cream and shower gel. I've only ever had compliments and heads turning.

The only other scent that comes close to this for me is Issey Miyake's L'Eau D'Issey, not D&G Light Blue, which I hate with a passion. Now THAT smells cheap and synthetic to me, much like Angel.

DKNY Women is a bold fragrance, confident, fresh and in-your-face. You can't ignore it. It teases, intoxicates, challenges the status quo of sickly sweet scents in gaudy bottles.

Needless to say - despite the hefty price tag, it's my signature scent.

lukafrod
lukafrod

firstly i was so exited of this parfume.it had longlasting and strong siliage. last time the floral smelling was gone. left over only fresh and little bit of any flower smelling..
now i love it less than therefore..
sorry..

elena gonzalez
elena gonzalez

Leaving the office unbearably hot day, I got this perfume as a shell of sour citrus (orange, tomato leaf and tangerine) I'm ready for a drink with friends in the city! I am happy with a lasting fragrance. Transmits security and joy.

Femme Darkly
Femme Darkly

I agree, this scent is very extreme citrus.
For some reason I enjoyed this as a young teenager... 12 or so. Something about the brightness and the sharp citrus was suiting as a tomboy in the early 2000s.

Nowadays I wouldn't touch this.
It does bring to mind a salted citrus ring on a martini glass.
It's sharp, sort of stings with its dryness factor, has a bitter tangyness with a subtle sweet edge. Very bright.

divasg
divasg

This is extreme citrus. I sprayed it on a bus and someone said 'Who eating them oranges'. Hahahah! On my skin, there is a very very slight musty, musky, dusty pinch and the rest is dominated by oranges and oranges and lemons and limes. I must tell you that I even felt as if there was Vodka somewhere in its notes. It actually made me feel woozy. All in all, it is an energizing, perk-me-up smell, mixed with some vodka and dust. I like it!

Profumanta
Profumanta

The fact that I like this scent is strange - mostly I choose the more floral perfumes / eau de toilettes.
But this is fresh, and I smell tomato plant in it. I love the smell of a tomato plant. I was very sorry to see the bottle empty one day.

lulu69
lulu69

there are not many scents i really dislike, but this is one of this case - smells too chemically, nothing naturally in it.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

oh my gosh this is so fresh! like full on citrus orgasm fresh!
it smells like bitter sour grapefruit--so that makes it unisex IMO--and i could swear there is vodka in this. i get whiffs of margarita too....i am taking this with me on my next vacay in the tropics or will spray this on me in the dead of winter to remind myself of sunnier happier days to come. Me likes! but unless you are a hardcore true citrus lover, i'd stay away, easy for this to turn you off.

musse.pigg.3511
musse.pigg.3511

Smells like soap

this is very different and odd. it's very floral yet also very citrusy. it's got a split personality which comes together with the wood notes and especially the tomato leaf. those 2 notes bring this together but also brings out the oddity. i like this, and i'll wear it this spring, but i have to admit it's not a big favorite.

Pinja
Pinja

I did the mistake of believing an SA who told me "Women" and "Women TO GO" are the same. Stupid me, of course they are not the same.
I prefer "Women TO GO" to "Women".

The difference is mostly in the drydown. At first both fragrances are similarly wonderfully fizzy and crisp, cold in character. After that, the drydown of "Women" is dominated by thin synthetic amber + maby a bit of patchouli, which happens to be among my least favorite accords.

The drydown of "Women TO GO" is different. The crispy and cold flowery scent melts and it becomes powdery and very lightly oriental, lacking the amber. I don't adore "cute" scents, but here, I like the specific way a cold and sharp fragrance evolves into something warm, soft and cute, yet doesn't loose the original nature.

They are labeled accordingly here in Fragrantica. "Women" is a Fruity-Floral, and "Women TO GO" is an "Oriental-Floral.

ElleluvsL
ElleluvsL

This was a comforting signature scent for me for a long time before I ran out of it and moved on to other fragrances. The sweet and sour tangerine-like scent of it worked very well for me in the intense Florida heat.

MsDana
MsDana

I liked this one, it was unusual, but it worked on me nicely enough, However it was not my favorite scent, it was almost too unisex, leaning more toward masculine, but still I liked it. It is one that should definitely be tried out before purchasing though, not recommended for a blind buy.

zsuzsa.popucza
zsuzsa.popucza

For me it´s just an agressive grapefruit. Very intrusive and annoying. I´ve got it from a friend and I´ve tried it severela times, really wanted to like it but it´s just not for me. Hard to belive it´s for anyone coz even disturbes me when I smell it on an other person.

meisocd
meisocd

Do not like this at all. I have a full bottle 3.4 oz doesnt say man or
Women on it just dkny if anyones interested in a swap

theymademejoin
theymademejoin

There was a girl at school (this was about 12 years ago) who wore this everyday, and it was absolutely her signature scent - anyone that smelt it knew she was nearby!

It smells exactly how it's been described in the reviews below, but I noticed that no one else mentioned a hint of chocolate. Or maybe it's just me? Not sure lol but I definitely got a subtle hint of white chocolate along with the citrus, every time she walked past!

We were all obsessed with this scent, and i've always wanted to buy a bottle for myself. Might just have to!

cori.x
cori.x

i do not like this fragrance, smells more like room spray to me, couldn't wait to wash it off, felt embarrassed wearing it, had to look for another fragrance to cover it. if somebody wants it, i'm up for a swap.

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is absolutely refreshing! Vodka, oranges, salty tomatoes and greenery,cassia mainly are the most prominent here. I'd think that would smell strange but it really doesn't; combination is simply perfect. Backstage florals add shampoo-like scent quality. Sophisticated and lady like.
Not to many DK scents I like, but this one is exceptionally good! Good morning wake up and smile:) that kind of a scent.

maddy.knowles
maddy.knowles

I love this perfume but I could never, ever wear it. It belongs completely to my best friend. This is her signature scent and she rarely wears anything else. Such a beautiful fresh and citrus-y smell, something in the background reminds me of the discontinued Les Belles De Ricci Liberty Fizz.

It's such a fresh, clean and summery fragrance, it lights up a room. It cuts straight through darker and murkier scents and whenever I smell it, it reminds me of my friend and all the silly fun evenings we've ever had.

This is perfect for any age, I don't think anyone can go wrong with such a clean and sparkling citrus.

Molliepops
Molliepops

DKNY will always remind me of my youth in the nineties! Its nostalgia in a bottle for me, reminding me of my former love, and carefree summers in London in his open top car, trips to the coast and fun times together.

Its slightly woody, yet fresh, like warm rain on a summers day in a forest, if that makes sense. Its quite sharp and citrussy at first, but settles down after a few minutes and is long lasting.

This fragrance is very distinctive, nothing else really smells similar in my opinion. I think this is a good thng, because so many scents these days seem very "samey" sweet, powdery etc. I can detect this at 50 paces, its so recognisable.

I think this could be worn by a man or woman, as its not too sweet, or feminine or floral. It can be worn day or night, but works best in summer.

I've had a couple of bottles of this, but would not buy it again, I went through a phase of really liking it, but I've kind of grown out of it now.

baboy
baboy

This is just way too sharp on me, it made me sneeze several times within a span of 5 minutes of wearing it on my pulse points! This screams lemons & tomato leaves all the way which apparently my nose isn't too keen on. I think this is one of those fragrances where you either really like it or you just don't. One of my good friends uses this as her signature fragrance, it doesn't seem to be that strong when she wears it. I definitely prefer the DKNY Summer 2007 edition over this one.

belluna
belluna

I have my 4th bottle now, can't imagine a summer without it, it makes me instantly happy! it so fresh, it's like a fresh shower on a very hot summer day

CORCOR
CORCOR

Ive never owned this perfume ( thank goodness ) Im just reviewing it to let anyone know never to buy it I think its the worst synthetic cheap smelling perfumes ever - if you like headaches this is the one for you. :S

I thought I would update with what I feel it smells like ......synthetic cut grass, I love the small of cut grass but this just smells sharp, this is my worst fragrance I can smell on other women along with 'lei air de temps' which I feel they both have that awful strong synthetic floral smell.

bobbyjack
bobbyjack

one of the worst perfumes around was giving someone a tester ended up with it on my hand had to wash of not nice :(

Kiki82
Kiki82

I've been using this perfume for about 9 years now. I had other perfumes using, but only one bootle. But THIS is my signature fragrance. :)

It's fresh, smells very unique and clean. It's like the rain in the city on a summer evening...

I love it and I always gets compliments! :)

ailishlu
ailishlu

This is actually a really nice summer scent. Wish I had worn it during the warmer months. It´s very tangy and lemony. From the first spray there is an attack of citruses which I find quite refreshing. There are a lot of notes listed here and I can`t seem to pick them all out, but the middle does have a lovely floral scent which is very pleasant and stays on the skin. The drydown is also very nice with the amber and patchouli. It´s very subtle though and just right for the summer months. The sillage is quite decent and not too strong, but it could last a bit longer. I had some left on my scarf and when I held it close to my face it reminded me of EA 5th Avenue. Very pretty. I would maybe consider buying this. Another option for next summer.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A non-complex, basic, fresh tangy lemony-like frag, which may have some split views...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 1 mins - Bright, modern, citrus, cool

1 mins - 4 hours. 1 foot projection which is very, very subtle! The true scent reveals itself and it is not as nice as the 1st minute. This is a basic frag which is clean and summery and fresh, with a very toned down tangy lemon (not listed) and it is linear throughout its life. Yet lovers of complex frags may find this too basic and there maybe some who think this smells a little like washing up liquid, a little bit of me thought that, but on the whole this is quite nice and would fit very hot summer days. Unisex

4 hours - 6 hours. Linear, 6 inch projection which is very subtle

6 hours - 11 hours - 2 inch projection but very subtle still. It does last a long time, but so subtle you forget it is there..

11 -12 hours. Close to skin

This does not smell like D&G Light Blue and I considerably prefer D&G for my citrus-lemony like frag fix.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

This is a sharper-harch version of Clinique Happy,a fresh and clean scent for professional use. It's office friendly but boring scent.
I like it but nit love it.

blue baby
blue baby

The best perfume ever, I adore and my husband loves it also.
Solid, fresh, clean, feminine and long lasting. I tried many others but didn't find better...

m4
m4

I love (adore) this fragrance. It opens with juicy mandarin and tomato leaf (together it´s little bitter), than I smell lily and birch. Lasting power is incredible and sillage also. There´s what I imagine :D:D It´s cold like ice, green like you´re in very big city and all around are people but you have some place in nature where you can hide, it´s daring like a girl who wants to bring attention, it´s sexy like a woman who is herself and don´t care about what somebody says, it´s kind of insolent scent,it´s just a fragrance with big personality. I think this is one of these scents which somebody adore or somebody hate. Nothing in between it. It´s like a New York, for that city you must have a big personality and be confident, New York lives his life and is just yourself, that´s why people love it there. It´s unusual that´s maybe why people don´t like it, it´s unique and it really describes NYC and the energy you can feel all around.I hope this won´t be reformulated. Masterpiece! Thumbs up to DKNY house. Works pretty good even in winter.

knife
knife

Very clean,very citrusy and fresh. That´s how I remember it,when I tried it in the store. Perfect for me,have to buy it!

suhuso
suhuso

Does tomato leaf +vodka = gin? Love it as a summer scent - it reminded me of an old favourite, diorissimo, which I liked because it reminded me of gin...

Yamba1
Yamba1

I live in the Australian sub tropics and lament the summer months because of the difficulty I have wearing my heavy hitter amber or woody favorites. Although i just love summer, the beach, humidity, tropical thunderstorms and everything summer has to offer, on the perfume front, its another story. I've tried and tried to find a summer perfume that is anything less than the 'mild cheddar cheese' equivalent of perfume.. Compared to my complex, deep spicy or woody friends, they just can't compete and I quickly lose interest.

DKNY may be the answer to my summer lament. I'm glad I didn't read the notes before trying because quite frankly, they don't tell the entire story. The whole is great than the sum of it's parts. The opening gives you an icy blast that smells clean and cold. Theres something here that reminds me of just out of the shower, shampoo clean but soon morphs into the tomato leaf vodka combo. Here's where it gets interesting and I find this phase quite addictive. I don't get any floral notes which fortunately keeps this perfume cool, clean and watery.

The cedar and suede base gives a subtle woody base with depth and endurance and unlike many summer fragrances, longevity is good at 5hrs+

I think this summer I'll be reaching for this on a regular basis. Can't wait :)

pomdgf
pomdgf

Very clean and fresh match with a spring-summer. But personally I love to spray in rainy season it's double fresh and more sensual. So citrusy ! but florals gonna melt you down and suede makes it feel so city. Perfect for daywear. I love it!

!!
!!

Very clean smelling. It smells like laundry detergent - kind of like walking past a laundrette.

Light and watery fruity floral fragrance.

This fragrance seems very watery. I don't know because of the water lily note or because of the vodka note. Probably, because of their combination. I would say that this fragrance smells like a cold light blood orange/vodka cocktail with no sugar mixed with tomato leafs. The tomato leaf note is very noticeable in this fragrance.

I think that this fragrance will suit for those, who like light, cold and not sweet fragrances. I like sometimes such kind of fragrances, but this one is not my cup of tea mainly because of the tomato leaf note.

phia143
phia143

I bought this perfume when it was first released and I still have some left. This perfume has a long shelf life!!! Today is the first day that I have seen the notes in this fragrance. Since I didn't know what was in it I always thought this perfume smelled like grapefruit. But it must be the mixer of the citrus and the tomato leaf. Tomato leaf is an unusual ingredient to have in a perfume but i like this perfume even more because of it. Tomato leaf is what makes it unique. I agree w/tatjana.adam it is a bit on the dusty side. Usually prefer sweeter, floral but this is not sweet at all. I have been told that it smells like a mens cologne. I think its due to the vodka scent. Don't apply to much because a little goes along way. Just one too many sprays will give you a headache. Its a strong scent that last for hours and is energizing!!!

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

My mother-in-law's signature. Long lasting and fresh, but i also can only smell lemons on it, witch i hate...

thalia.demakes
thalia.demakes

my signature scent since 2000. not a flowery gal (more "zesty")...so I love that it's fresh, citrusy & energizing!!! smells incredible after swimming in salt water! ;)

myplacebo
myplacebo

Gorgeous opening like knocking back a good vodka, literally. Then a teasing tomato leaf note, like sniffing the air in a greenhouse with
tomato plants which I love. Don't get any of the citrus. Ten minutes later, it turns on me, tree sap and cut tulips, and becomes a stagnant market of old over ripe veg and wet cardboard boxes and need to wash off. Sooooo sad, I want to love this one, but doesn't work on me.

eskizil
eskizil

i love it . unique and different than many others also i love insollence..

beatrix75

very strong good fragrance in the summer 30grader perfect superb elegant feminine not like the nother fresh fragrances like too much wattery or something no its fresh but good long lasting!!!!10/10

Colas123
Colas123

I had it. It's very nice,citrus and clean smell.Perfect for spring and summer.I'll probably buy it again.LONG LASTING.

truffles
truffles

Is there something wrong with my nose? I don't get citrus AT ALL in this - just GRASS!! I like to catch a light whiff of it and think it's very unique if a little overpowering full-on.

Shydaniels
Shydaniels

Very sharp and clean. As in a cleaning product. Excellent as a room spray, not what I want in a perfume.

mynerva10
mynerva10

I LOVE IT , SUPER-COOL SUMMER SCENT AND I SMELLS STRONG LEMON GREEN POWERFULL BUT PLEASANT. LIGHT BLUE by DOLCE IS MORE SWETEER AND WITH LESS RESISTANCE to HIGH TEMPERATURES. THIS IS DIFFERENT, SMELLS TO LONG DISTANCE AND DURATION It's GREAT!
WHEN YOU TEST MAYBE IS TOO STRONG, BUT THEN IN THE SKIN FEELS LOW AND NICE DURING THE DAY ... I LOVE MY NEW PARFUM...AWESOME!!!!!

ME ENCANTA, SUPER-FRESCO DE VERANO Y SIENTO UN LIMON VERDE Y FUERTE..LIGHT BLUE DE DOLCE ES MAS DULCE Y SUAVE TB CON MENOR RESISTENCIA A ALTAS TEMPERATURAS, ESTE ES DISTINTO SE DISTENGUE A DISTANCIA Y LA DURACION ES BUENISIMA!!!
CUANDO LO PROBAS QUIZAS ES DEMASIADO FUERTE, PERO LUEGO EN LA PIEL BAJA Y SE SIENTE RICO DURANTE EL DIA...ADORO MI ULTIMA ADQUISICION!!!

beatrix75

i bought today after i tested in åhlens and i must say that take my breath away ,its so much fresh crispy smell like now i coming put from shover !very unique,cold ,like ice queen ,great for sumer but actualy alldays allways .i fell the mandarin orange ,tomato leaf and lilly ,than the rest of the notes absolutly great longlasting eccseptoinal perfume

maruge62
maruge62

Wow, this scent!!!!!I definitely LOVE it!!! I love the orange note on it. It is fresh, extremely long lasting, special for summer time, since though it is fresh and citrusy, it is strong and can be smelled the whole day. I love perfumes that are fresh and strong at the same time, this and L eau par Kenzo are my favourites for summer

esoteriq
esoteriq

A strong burst of vodka and orange which quickly morphs into a fresh, crisp green note, but still with a touch of sweetness. Very fresh and cheery, but sophisticated. Final drydown is a sweet wood and amber. This scent is not at all what I'd typically wear, but it's quite lovely. I could see myself using it as a fabric mist after a day of spring cleaning.

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

Hate this, also seems to be worn by women I just don't get on with, don't know whether it's the scent that makes me dislike the women or vice versa. I think it's the scent, I makes me wretch a litte.

Ohkit
Ohkit

This perfume smells divine on me. Never thought that the scent of tomato leaf and oranges can work so well together. Yes, it's an unusual but such an amazing summer fragrance:fresh and fruity, BUT nothing like the typical fruity Escada scents nor L'eau Par Kenzo kind of fresh. Simply beautiful. I will definitely wear this next summer

cerebellum
cerebellum

I love love love this perfume, and I normally prefer sweeter, floral scents. My only problem is that I seem to be having a hard time finding it in stores!! I love the clean, citrusy scent.

macoolina
macoolina

No, I can't find apricot, sandalwood, jasmine or other ingredients in it, nothing except ORANGE, or rather MANDARIN. But it means that scents are perfectly blend. I don't want to smell rose or patchouli in it, I like that wonderful icy orange, and that's why I love this fragrance!

DocTales
DocTales

I am always surprised to read what the ingredients supposedly are. To me it smells like nothing but zesty lemons, lemons and more lemons - and maybe a hint of lime.

I am curious, can you guys smell the apricot, the lotus, the narcissus, the rose? Honestly, I cannot.

Regardless, this is a wonderful, very fresh scent for summer. Helps me wake up in the morning!

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

At first when tryed this one at the store I thought it was nice, but a few months later, I change my mind, it was totaly different. I mean, I like citrus and tomato leaves but this combo with the flowers and patchuli is too sharp, too strong for me and it definetely wakes my allergies up. Sorry not a fan!

Elixa
Elixa

To my nose it's very sharp lemon fragrance. I would say that washing up liquid smells softer/smoother than this one. Not my cup of tea :-(

Necabel
Necabel

Es mi perfume favorito de verano. Ultra refrescante, luminoso, enérgico, cosmopolita, alegre y con personalidad. Funciona perfectamente en mi piel y tiene una duración buenísima. Siempre me hacen cumplidos con él. He acabado un frasco y ya tengo el siguiente comprado. Me encanta! ♥

***

It's my favorite summer scent. Ultra cool, bright, energetic, cosmopolitan and cheerful personality. Works great on my skin and runs great. Always make me keep it. I finished a bottle and I have the next bought. I love it! ♥

mariarocio
mariarocio

I first bought it as a present for someone who said they loved it. My then husband saw it - have no idea if he actually smelled it - and even though I mentioned how bad I thought it smelled, he later on gave me it as a present. I should have known then!

glamrgirl7
glamrgirl7

Okay, I'm giving this one a rare thumbs up for such an indignant citrus!
Anyone who knows me associates hard-core, dark fragrances (Hypnotic Poison, Black Orchid, Basic Instinct, etc.) as my preferred fragrances.
I got this as a sample so I thought, "WTH, just try it out"... and I'm surprised!
At first spray, I guessed Tangelo as the showstopper. Once it died down some, I was like "Tangel-oohhhhh-my-goodness... what is that?"
Still smell that crisp citrus note but it's softened to blend a nice velvety floral-like note in with it.
Definitely edgy and uplifting!

orchid_84
orchid_84

I was expecting to like this, but it turns out I am not a fan. The only notes I could really make out were citruses (mainly orange), plus a blast of alcohol. Overall the perfume has a sort of chemical scent to it that makes me uneasy.

It does smell fresh in a way, but it's too synthetic smelling to justify the price tag attached to it. To me the scent is quite similar to Bath & Body Works Orange Sapphire. In this case I wouldn't see any reason to recommend DKNY when there are other similar scents that seem to be of similar quality but are lower in price.

donnaoh
donnaoh

Love the shape of the bottle, but when i smell it i feel sick. If im in a shop or on the bus and someone is wearing it, i have to leave. I wish i liked it but it smells cheap.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I think this was my first perfume when I was 15. I used to wear this everyday. It was the time when I met my boyfriend. He loves this perfume and beggs me to buy it again because he has such great memories due to this perfume... :)

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

I really like this scent. It's elegant, energetic, fresh, young, a very typical strong scent. Very nice.

ecerusen
ecerusen

this is my childhood fragrance,
it was full of life,energetic and fresh.
but now,i dont like this kind of perfumes so much.
it smells nice,but cant be a signature.

icontreras
icontreras

Oh my god! The first time you spray, it smells like generic shower gel liquid in an expensive crystal bottle....
It is very sharp and acid. It is fresh of course, but it is not feminine at all. If you blindly smell it you would say it is a men edt.
I think it doesn't worth at all the price you pay for it. There are thousand of better fragrances in the market, softer and much more comfortable than this one..
And of course, forget about the sexual feeling showed in the advertisement of the fragrance. I think it is an anti -libido scent. You can perfectly repel moschitos as well as men with this scent!!

I am really dissapointed with this fragrance... I was waiting something better...

eva.90
eva.90

This is as fresh as Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana but it's more sharp and edgy a bit. I will agree with some of the comments- I can smell lemon, but it kind of has some cool in it, something that feels like a nice breeze is following you around. I like it for the summer, it's enough to spray it couple of times and it will last whole day. I would recommend it to brave ones.

Annigee
Annigee

I am so confused! In about 2000 I found this DKNY for women scent and absolutely fell in love with it. But now I smell what is marketed as the same fragrance and it's totally different to the one I liked before. Obviously I know our palettes change over the years, but I really don't think this is the issue. Can you still buy the 1999-2001 fragrance? All the newer, similarly-named-and-boxed fragrances I have come across are much more masculine than I remember the original being. Can anyone clear this up for me please? =(

Mandana
Mandana

Vodka meets Floral, add a touch of tomato leaf and a hint of blackberries and you have DKNY for women, well at least in my opinion. Hard to describe, this perfume, but it worked fantastic on my skin, most unusual and highly sophiscated and the staying power was great. It is not really floral, it has this beautiful cold bright note (but not citrus or anything orangey, to my nose) which harmonizes perfectly with the other notes and stays with me, right to the end. Amazing! People ask me "what IS that very interesting perfume you are wearing?" so DKNY is definitely an intriguing fragrance. It has a mind of its own, is not suffocatingly sweet nor is it soapy or citrussy. It is intoxicating. Must be the vodka note in it LOL Beautiful mind-boggling and unforgettable fragrance, well done DKNY!!!

ariyah
ariyah

Tiene un olor muy particular que a mí me encanta. Es cítrico y me huele a limpio y a plantas (!!). Es cierto que recuerda al Vodzka también.
Es un perfume intenso aunque fresco, y tiene una gran permanencia en la piel. Me gusta usarlo cuando viajo. Es "energizante" y me transmite movimiento y vitalidad.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Loved it when it had it, way cool bottle. It was fresh smelling...

Anissa
Anissa

This has been my signature summer scent since 2003.Love the freshness and fruitiness.It`s crispy grapefruit scent which stays fresh the whole day, even on hot summer days.Very original scent too, because it`s not sweet at all.

Louw
Louw

I love to drink Vodka and Orange, but I don't like to smell as though someone's poured my drink all over me! Does smell rather too strongly of orange juice, although I've never caught the vodka notes in it! There's also a strange greeny note that I think is the tomato, and that on top of the orange is enough to send me running in the opposite direction!

Jilly B
Jilly B

I discovered this in 2004 when I was pregnant with my first child, and almost all other scents made me feel quite ill.

It was love at first smell!

Citrus, crisp and clean, I love wearing it on a hot summer day, and it's a great pick-up scent if you've had a heavy night. Perfect for daytime and wearing to work.

This is so different from all my other scents, I wouldn't be without it.

greydove
greydove

Let's go back to the summer of 2000. Every girl wore this (or Gucci Rush)! Its funny how my perceptions change. Back then, this to me was a fresh, juicy, citrus fragrance; clean and summery. Upon smelling it now I find it oddly synthetic, masculine, and linear, but back then that didn't bother me. Its also a pure "lab" scent. Hard to recongnize any natural notes. A fragrance of steel, concrete, skyscrapers, glossy magazines, shiny electrical devices, mirrored aviators, martinis with lime, crisp white shirts. Very modern and urban.

LittleRed
LittleRed

Since its release, I have never been without this. To me it represents clarity. The citrus is bright, clean, and balances beautifully with bitter greens. The floral is light. It is luminous, like the bottle, which I think is supposed to represent the glass skyscrapers in New York (It was originally called DKNY New York).

E. Vladimirova
E. Vladimirova

Love it!

Matin
Matin

This perfume is happening in my life for seasons. It is striking, modern, fresh notes, energizing ,yet sophisticated. However, it contains something, especially at the start, I do not define ... astringent perhaps ¿? that it can be suffocating at times, especially on hot days or in confined spaces with people. But it feels good on other occasions, seasons or days.
And it is very recognizable and striking ... .

The base notes appear in my skin slightly soapy, and a little citrus , very soft.
But the body lotion, is really great and conforting .The smell is fantastic and lasting without the primal force of perfume. Really nice and special.

I LOVE IT*

PD: when I finish mi bottle some day..., if I want to repeat , i want buy the body cream .

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

I like the body lotion but the perfume just feels too heavy on me. I can still smell it after hours and gives me a bit of nausea. Let's see how I manage to finish the bottle without feeling sick!

UPDATE: I tried it again today, just to make sure I can't wear it. The pity is that I really like the starting notes, so fresh and clean, but the drydown? I can't stand it, there's some very sharp note that really makes me turn my head every time I sniff my wrists. I think it's a fragrance I can only like on others, on myself its definitly too strong. For me it's like wearing limoncello (the italian lemon liquor) and I'd rather drink it.

elenian
elenian

It smells unique! Very special especially for hot summer days.Try the body lotion too.Just amazing and very refreshing.I'll buy it again this summer.

Miss_J
Miss_J

Aaahhh..My summer love!! I wore this to college,work interviews and almost everywhere, day and night!This is the BEST perfume that DKNY ever made! I'm a sucker for citrusy scents, and this perfume just NAILED everything right! it's fresh,crisp,and clean at the same time. It's not a strong citrusy scent but it last almost 24 hours on my skin & clothes. Absolutely love it,but I'm having a hard time finding it right now :(.

HAnah
HAnah

The best scent for a very hot day. It smells clean and very, very refreshing....you feel youger when you wear it.

imoore
imoore

Must have for perfume lovers despite costing a fortune.
Feminine clean, (I mean not dirty at all).
Uplifting aroma.
the fruits here citruses!

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Love love love it!
I wore this to work, days and nights when working in the Maternity dept. Everyone loved it on me. It leaves a wonderful little trail as you pass by and you see the noses going up to take in the wonderful fresh aroma.
Even though I would normally wear these citus perfumes in hot weather, this one is anytime of year for me. I smell the fruits laced with Vodka, just simply always a gorgeous scent for any occasion or age.

Tala
Tala

Love my DKNY. I have problem with strong perfumes. I get head aches but not with this one. It is fresh and remains fresh to the end. Not sweet or sour or too heavy on spice and woods. Nothing is like it. I have smelled a lot of perfumes that have similarities with one another but this one is unique.

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

Cool, sparkly, bright, dry, optimistic, elevated, sober, strict, energetic, edgy... more a mood boost than a perfume to me, my skin wants warmer notes, so i spray it around me, works better than any vodka drink ;) A truly wonderful composition!!!! Feels totally organic and believable, no fake or chemistry anywhere, absolutely brilliant :)

adamnor
adamnor

this perform is my first ever purchase of perform in high school, because its memorable i cant diss it but i dont recomend as it last in 1 hour.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

DKNY Women smells like humid steamy asphalt in NY after a summer rain - very unique, urban scent. Donna Karan did a good job with this one (and with Be Delicious too).

Trinni
Trinni

This scent reminds me of summer. I absolutely love it. I get citrus and vodka, maybe its rum. Its light and fun and it makes me happy.

guest_Amélie
guest_Amélie

This was a blind purchase. I knew I would like it from reading the reviews, but it turned out to smell even better than I expected. This was love at first sniff! It smells exactly like Givenchy oblique Play which I used to wear before it was discontinued. It smells like vodka and lemonade!
Obviously this is not the kind of scent I'd want to wear for a romantic dinner, but it is great for daytime wear.

polka
polka

This had been my “hangover scent” for some time, i.e. the only one I was able to wear the day after heavy partying, which equals drinking alcohol, inhaling others’ perfumes and cigarettes’ fumes in a pub, etc.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it categorized as floral fruity. To me it smells slightly citrusy and herbal, a bit airy and very refreshing altogether. It has no sweetness into it at all. It’s fresh and light, yet helps you feel safely “down-to-earth” – something you really need when the world seems to be spinning around you.

kaika
kaika

A unique yet unpretentious fragrance, perfect for both spring and summer. Pure, refreshing, invigorating and mood-lifting. Also, quite an innovative formula, considering the year of creation (1999).

Timeless scent.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

The best summer fragrance ever in my opinion. Always getting compliments for this scent, even from strangers.

I love it!

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

This is a unique fragrance and quite strange. It's not type of sweet fragrance you find at other brands.
It starts with orange peel scent,true orange peel!!! without synthetic and herbal scent.
I can't detect any floral notes. It has wet cobblestones in base note, I cannot stand. Imagine you are on the cobblestones floor after raining, that's it,so I won't wear it on my body. I like citrus scent but this one doesn't impress me.

Mushana
Mushana

....strange scent! I get lemons, lemons and more lemons!

kugkng

I keep this scent wearing in spring and summer especially rainy day ^^..It reminds me a lot of rain and freshy dewdrop very fresh zesty bright and modern soapy ending some note in here resemble somthing moise and wet.Very urban and self-refreshing all day long.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Very citrusy fragrance. There is some sharp note there, but I still like it. Clean and breezy. Lasts quite long.

guest_sal
guest_sal

omggggggggg!this is ma favourite perfume.i lov all citrus smells...but av never smelt such a nice smell.i lov it soo mch!its deffo long lasting!i lov it too much.u shud get it...ul lov it too.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Ooh! Nice one for Spring! DKNY Women smells fresh and clean, without smelling like soap and detergent. I find the aroma to be a combination of Squirt (a grapefruit-flavored soda here in the U.S.) and the old Herbal Essence shampoo (the dark green potion of the 1970's, with the long-haired hippie lady painted on the label, which was WAY better-smelling than the Herbal Essences shampoos available today).

Not too sweet. A bit green and herbaceous, with a pretty dry-down like Delrae's Amoureuse. I had almost given up on the fruity-floral category, but DKNY Women has changed my mind. THIS is a fruity-floral I can really get behind.

milkyway
milkyway

it's very fresh. perfect for hot summer days when you're on the go but still want to smell nice :)

moonwalker
moonwalker

My mother favourite perfume for winter but not my cup of tea. It´s fresh, clean, and a bit sharp. Very powdery.
It has very good lasting power and sillage.

movs
movs

Very strange scent. Is it dry cleaning fluid, static electricity or the smell you find in a room where the window has been left open all day?
A cold, clean and fresh scent.
The best thing I can say about it is that it doesn't smell like any other perfume. It's not an unpleasant scent but in my opinion it is far too "chemical" to use as a perfume.

In 3 words: ARTIFICIAL - BRIGHT - FRESH

suzywoo
suzywoo

This perfume smells like cat spray/poison on me, I was so upset, My boyfriend (at the time) brought it back from NY for me, but I had to flog it on ebay as soon as possible. He never found out and I don't feel bad, I just had to get rid of this nasty scent.

Gosha
Gosha

This is a fragrance I have remained happy with for years...Although I may not feel like wearing it every day, because this is kind of "pick me up" fragrance and not at all sensual or warm or moody one (and sometimes I feel like wearing those)... It is impossible to get bored with it - very unique, but easy, unobtrusive, modern, crisp, energizing, fresh, optimistic and instantly recognizable. I love the tomato leaf in this!

luxlover
luxlover

A sharp citrus scent and it lasts long. My least favorite among my perfumes. I tried to like it but it's just not my type of fragrance. I feel nausea when I wear it, but it's indeed a clean scent. I would rate it as OK.

I gave it away to my sister. It's the only perfume I wanted out of my collection without regrets of missing it.....

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

A classy, clean, fresh scent. Very elegant but without the nasty spiciness some elegant perfumes have esp on drydown. The only complaint I would have is that it didn't last very long on me.

Emeraude
Emeraude

I can´t smell rose or jasmine in it,only citruses,is a fresh scent nice for summer...

Clean and refreshing but unfortunately not my cup of tea. A pleasant enough lemon-scented detergent blend in my opinion.

I'll give credit to this fragrance for being unique and modern. DKNY is like a mixture of fruits, soapiness and spices. There is also a subtle hint of alcohol, like vodka intermixed with the citrusy top notes.

I have actually smelt this on a girl that I used to work with that really did this scent justice. On her DKNY smelt clean and pretty but on my skin this fragrance is acrid and strong. It really depends on skin chemistry with this scent.

I read somewhere that there was a note of wet cobblestones in this fragrance and somehow I sense it. DKNY does remind me of a city just after a storm, the smell of damp concrete and stone. A fascinating scent to say the least.

This is a relatively light scent which lasts a great while on the skin. I can't say that I disliked this fragrance, I enjoyed it to a certain extent just not on myself.

Pandora1000000
Pandora1000000

A gorgeous scent. Very clean, very citrusy and fresh. One of my all time favourites.

guest_DEE
guest_DEE

MY favorite perfume of all time! any season, this perfume never fails me and the staying power is just excellent.

alexandragreece
alexandragreece

i wore DKNY during junior high.i find it modern and "urban".it may be unique comparing to other frangrances but it strongly reminds me of lemons...i wouldnt say that its elegant...its more suitable for teenagers...doesnt bring out your feminine side! plus all men i've asked dont like to smell that on women! for that period(wearing something fresh and light to school) it was ideal, but i wouldnt buy it now!no wayyyyy!

p.s, i find it rather weird DKNY being in the floral fruity category. its neither floral, nor fruity!!!! it reminds me of CK ONE...definetely! yeap!it could easily be a unisex frangrance, in the citrus aromatic category!

Magdalena79
Magdalena79

this is an explosion of energy, a burst of happiness, pure joy in the middle of the city dust! I discovered DKNY at the beginning of this spring. having spent the whole winter in the heavy cloud of woody, spicy, leathery, tobacco, chyprish perfumes, I felt like taking a fresh breath and smelling something easy, light and optimistic that would instantly bring me into the mood of joy and light-heartedness.
yes, it turned out fresh&light but with its own unique character. nothing of the dullness of the common fragrances of this type. this is a cool, modern, crisp and invigorating scent reminiscent of the air in the spring forest and giving so much energy and lust for life. maybe it is the tomato leaves, citruses and vodka notes that I feel similar to geranium and find so likeable. the whole feeling about this perfume is that it smells very natural. regardless of how many synthetic notes it has (it probably does), the overall impression is of a sparkling, clean and cooling natural scent around you, perfect for both the dusty city summer and a holiday at the seaside.
really optimistic and refreshing, easy-to-wear, easy-to-like and quite lasting on me.

kugkng

Modern urban fresh crisp...a hint of powdery masculine This one is so intersting & amazing on me Actually I don't expect sonmething that someone gave negative review so I get it on from counter ...after i've try it on myself,I changed my mind it works very much on me OMG. It's a kind of not boring scent for me...so unique love it WOW.

Amarilla
Amarilla

Standing on the beach, arms opened wild, cool sea breez shivering my sun-tanned, hot skin, feeling free and uncomplicated. That's what comes over me when layer DKNY.
On the other hand it's very urban and kind of mainstream, easily suits modern lifestyle.
Can be a great signature fragrance if it works well with one's chemistry.

Oread
Oread

Unfortunately, the tomato leaf is the only thing I can smell on me, and it doesn't fade. Hours later, it still smells like I was picking tomatos in the garden, and I never particulaly liked that smell.

juliane
juliane

wow it was the first perfume i bought for myself (at the age of 16), i'll buy it again, i'm really missing it. it's very energetic, i can see an inner movie when i smell this (i don't know how you say that in english): NY in a summer rain shower, you smell wet asphalt, a blond young women in a stylish grey trench with a white dress under it, without an umbrella, she drinks sparkling lemonade, neon advertising all around, yellow cabs, birds are singing, a flower shop offers lilys in front of the street...
DKNY is very unique and recognisable scent, someway avantgardistic. i used it in spring and summer, because it's so fresh and clean.

kassiewassie
kassiewassie

i love this one. it just smells so fresh and invigorating! i wear it to school almost everyday :)

Garfield
Garfield

A fresh, modern, unusual and extravagant perfume.

veruska
veruska

This is one of my mom favourites and although it seems more suitable for younger ages is simple iressistible fun on her. Although it's described as a orange vodca coctail, it's quite different on my skin. The sweet strange comforting scent of tomato leaf is very attractively blended with sweet floral citrus.As it becomes drier and woodier heliotrope lends a softer powder aspect.it ends with a wisper of woodland,and it's suitable for everytime you feel like left your hair down.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is a very unique scent! It was the only one I could wear when I was pregnant, it never gave those awful perfume headaches yet it was strong enough to be more than a body spray. The vodka tonic essence it what I love about this. So cold and refreshing, but still crisp and bold. Great for hot weather or a night out!

endora
endora

A little bit sharp at first, but it doesn't make me want to sneeze or anything. Just like one of those not-disturbing sharps. The intense citrus smells are long lasting indeed and they even get better as the time passes by. Very modern, squeaky clean scent. It even makes you want to take a bath in it. This is my favourite perfume so far and I got loads of compliments while wearing it. Well seems it fits my skin chemistry.

PR
PR

Thanks golden, helpful review, at least on this I won't waste my time trying, the first line sounds exactly what I am avoiding usualy.not to my taste

golden
golden

sharp,lemon, lime, vodka cocktail is how i would describe this sparkling vibrant perfume.
Best worn in summer or spring. Long lasting and elegantly fresh. I love it!

Zoya
Zoya

I tried this one today and i was really disappointed . In the begining it has a strong, sour and (in my opinion) unpleasant smell. I really wanted to like this one, so I decided to wait a couple hours and to see how it will smell. unfortunately , it had almost the same sour unpleasant smell. I smelled only the smell of a rotten lemon.

kori_an
kori_an

My favourite perfume ever!It`s cold modern citrus scent, very refreshing and energizing...more than love it!

ruxxy
ruxxy

the description under the picture matches perfectly.I would add the fact that DKNY has a strong and very modern personality and cannot be subscribed to the conservative definiton of a feminine scent. it takes some courage to wear this one; although i like it very much, i don't dare (yet:)

randik
randik

Very good for work use. Elegant and sophisticated without being too heavy.

barbiot35
barbiot35

I smelled only lemon on it..

DKNY Women by Donna Karan 3.67 out of 5 based on 803 ratings and 133 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Women fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Women, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Women by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Women by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.