Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

DKNY Women Summer 2011 Donna Karan for women

DKNY Women Summer 2011 Donna Karan for women
dislike

tropical

DKNY Women Summer 2011 is inspired by summer life in the City. New York is totally different in summer; it is painted in bright colors beneath the clear blue skies. The atmosphere is relaxed: people ride bicycles in Central Park, walk near the Hudson River or take a boat to the Statue of Liberty. They wear light and sheer clothes and enjoy their afternoon drinks at city cafes.

DKNY Women Summer 2011 includes the energy of summer in New York with its sparkling floral - fruity notes. Pink flowers and juicy fruits make the composition very feminine and playful in DKNY modern and urban style. Initial notes of pink grapefruit, juicy passion fruit and red berries lead to the middle of jasmine, sunny magnolia and exotic litchi. The light base of white musk, creamy sandalwood and teak, wraps up the compositing in its veil of long-lasting charm.

DKNY Women Summer 2011 limited edition bottle comes in a signature skyscraper design. Its transparent glass is decorated with stripes containing soft pink colored liquid of the perfume. Available as 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Grapefruit Passionfruit Red Berries

Jasmine Magnolia Litchi

Teak Wood Sandalwood Musk

DKNY Women Summer 2011 Fragrance Reviews

I happened upon a bottle of DKNY WOMEN SUMMER 2011 at TJMAXX this afternoon and so decided to give it a whirl. What I found was a pink fragrance of the pink grapefruit variety. The grapefruit note is quite dominant, but the overall scent is rather light and sheer, with a few unidentifiable abstract pink florals thrown in to mingle with the grapefruit. The quality and composition seem similar to some of the Victoria's Secret fragrances.

The longevity was unimpressive, verging on a body spray concentration. Perhaps this is supposed to be a metaphor for summer? Or for limited edition flankers? Here today, gone tomorrow? Before I had finished shopping at Whole Foods (next door), I was no longer able to detect much of anything. I probably will not remember this one. I don't think that it was around long enough to carve a place in my long-term olfactory memory bank.

sistertricked
sistertricked

This scent haunted me this summer, literally. I waited for it to unfold on my skin even if the passion fruit note was a bit weird in the beginning. The scent is fresh and fizzy with a pleasant creamy drydown, even if a bit persistent, oh yes, I would say, persistent, but as I said, creamy. I liked that very much this summer and I made heavy use of it as it mixed divinely with my skin. In spite of all the bad reviews here give it a try during summer and see how it blends with your own skin.

idash
idash

Not very bad...but very sweet and synthetic.

perfumesylv
perfumesylv

DKNY SUMMER is a terrible perfume,it smells like body sweat and cant believe it was allowed to even go on the market,i read alot of reviews and wasnt surprised at all on the comments that were given,the majority were given very bad odour....

Roma27
Roma27

Oh no I really wasted my money on this. I liked it from the 1st whiff but then something went wrong. Thought it was my body chemistry but relieved to hear I'm not alone with regard to experiencing the after shock.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Yes! I thought it was me?! I had absolutely the same experience it started wonderful fresh and sweet and grapefruity and I was about to buy it - it was very cheap! I decided to walk around and decide later - good job because 5 min later it turned into the sweaty deodorant smell. Sweat covered up by deodorant... Brrrrrr! What for? Sweat lovers??? Are there any out there?

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I have tested it today and my first thought was "sweat".
I didn't really believe it so I tested it again.
Yes, it smells as if someone tried to cover their body odour with deodorant - but it didn't work.

I asked my husband to test it and he agrees.
He actually said "hey, this one smells like arm pits".

DKNY Women Summer 2011 by Donna Karan 3.23 out of 5 based on 31 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan DKNY Women Summer 2011 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan DKNY Women Summer 2011, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify DKNY Women Summer 2011 by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of DKNY Women Summer 2011 by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Donna Karan DKNY Be Delicious Donna Karan DKNY Red Delicious Charmingly Delicious Kenzo Flower Tag Donna Karan DKNY Golden Delicious Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia Burberry Burberry Brit Escada Escada Island Kiss 2011 Nina Ricci Nina Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche Donna Karan DKNY Women Summer 2012 Diesel Fuel for Life Denim Collection Femme Cacharel Scarlett Carolina Herrera CH Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani Lei Donna Karan DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Givenchy Hot Couture Marc Jacobs Dot Donna Karan DKNY Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue Lulu Castagnette Lulu Oriflame Northern Lights