Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Donna Karan Donna Karan for women

Donna Karan Donna Karan for women
dislike

Donna Karan Donna Karan for women Pictures Donna Karan Donna Karan for women Pictures Donna Karan Donna Karan for women Pictures

Donna Karan is a female fragrance presented in 1992 in cooperation with IFF. Fresh passions of apricot, bergamot, green notes, neroli, osmanthus, peach and pineapple burst out at the top, followed by a floral rhythm of carnation, cassia, heliotrope, jasmine, lily, orchid, rose and ylang-ylang at the heart of the fragrance. Bottom notes bring amber, benzoin, cedar, citruses, tonka bean, vanilla, vetiver, sandalwood, musk, suede, patchouli and incense.

Pineapple Apricot Orange Blossom Green Notes Osmanthus Peach Bergamot

Carnation Lily Cassia Orchid Jasmine Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Rose

Amber Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Musk Benzoin Vanilla Citruses Vetiver Incense Cedar Suede

Signature

Donna Karan Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

This fragrance is....

Me at my first New York Fashion Week. Donna Karan I don't know how you did it but you're describing me, my life, my work, my Manhattan all in the course of time the fragrance wears on my skin. It's like Donna made it just for me. This perfume has every ingredient I love in a perfume. From the top notes: pineapple, osmanthus, orange blossom, and peach. From the heart: orchid, jasmine, heliotrope and rose. From the base: amber, sandalwood, patchouli, musk, incense, cedar and suede. This scent embodies the best of the best from New York designers who work hard to create a work of art. Before Tom Ford's Black Orchid, there was Donna Karan's debut fragrance. It's such a crying shame you can't find this anymore other than if you hear about a friend who still keeps it. This fragrance has everything: fruits, flowers, patchouli, amber, sandalwood, musk, leather, incense, woods, and vanilla. It's an epic fragrance that smells like every note is a model on the runway showing off the beautiful designs of Donna Karan's genius. I got aldehydes (not listed) scented with green notes and osmanthus right off the bat. It smells green but not terribly herbal or vegetal. It helps that the peach pineapple and apricot notes are keeping it sweet. It does start off sweet with fruits and flowers. The flowers include carnation, lily, orchid, jasmine, heliotrope, ylang-ylang and rose. Like I said I love the flowers in this fragrance. It's too bad they're not really huge players and I would not call this a floral fragrance. It's got mostly carnation heliotrope and orchid serving as the heavy hitters. They are there for a while but they make an exit and serve as ladies who are hosting an event in which the men take over not too long after the floral show is over. The men in this scent are very masculine, but yet they are fashionistas and extremely formal, well dressed, elegant and as good looking as the women. There are animalic accords of musk leather and suede. A lot of it. It smelled like Donna Karan's walk in closet where she keeps all her fur coats, leather jackets, leather trench coats, leather boots, leather gloves, scarves, leather hats (think biker hat), and all her shoes and that's a lot of shoes. The suede scent really evokes shoes. God how I love that. The dry down is pure wood. It's like she put on a fashion show wearing all kinds of outfits and then put them back in the closet/wardrobe - which is made of wood. There's also patchouli and incense doing their thing and releasing a lot of smoke and cathedral style incense. All of these final phase notes are totally masculine so this fragrance (like Tom Ford's Black Orchid) is completely unisex. Guys can wear this and rock it. Women too but I feel that it's for women who have experience wearing all kinds of perfumes and colognes, even men's colognes, and has developed a refined and specific taste for perfume. This really does feel like Donna Karan made it for other designers to wear for their own pleasure. It smells so good, so elegant, so sexy, so incredible and it has the same bones as TF Black Orchid so if you liked that you'll love this one. I would have to say that to my nose DK is more feminine (even with the unisex quality) than Tom Ford which to me really does smell more masculine. If it wasn't for the fruit notes, the flowers and the vanilla, this would have become a man's cologne. O my God but is this a perfume or what? It's aromatic, it's spicy, it's floral, it's musky, it's citric, it's feminine, it's masculine, it's smoky, it's sweet. It has every ingredient that you'd find in both men and women's fragrances. Donna outdid herself with this one. Did this win a FIFI award? It's too bad that it doesn't get as much praise as Black Orchid. This is a unique one of a kind scent that stands tall on it's own. It's so beautiful. So perfect. I have nothing but love for this perfume. One last thing I'd like to add: it's strong and heavy so it's a one spritz and you're done type of perfume. It's an evening formal fragrance to wear at night to go to the theater, to Broadway musicals, the symphony, the opera, the ballet, or any black tie gala event at night. It's Oscar Night on the Red Carpet. It's Fashion Week Fashion Show After Party. It's glamorous, sexy, modern, and it has Manhattan New York written all over it. Donna Karan wore this herself because it's quite obvious she made this perfume for herself to wear and she put a lot of her own personality in it in the same manner Elizabeth Taylor did for her fragrance Passion. DK is a winter fragrance because it's got so much musk and leather which gives it a warmth and balsamic aromatic quality typical of winter fragrances. This scent can also be classified as belonging to every fragrance family: fruity-floral, incense, Oriental, musky and gourmand. While not as gourmand as Black Orchid which has chocolate, this has vanilla which does stand out if you're paying enough attention to what your nose is smelling. This is a masterpiece. Absolutely perfect perfume. I am wearing it for Fashion Week this week.

deda147
deda147

Shalimar PI, move aside, my true signature fragrance has arrived. It seems the perfume gods have bestowed me with this ambrosia like fragrance; it smells so divine and wonderful to me, almost out of this world. I happened to stumble upon half full 1.3 and full 3.4 oz bottles for only 50 dollars on my local auction site. I didn't think twice and contacted the seller immediately.
Since it contains an army of notes I have great difficulty picking out the individual notes, but I'll try anyway. It opens up like some heavy, boozy nectar; it's sweet and dark and has a substantial heft to it. The most noticeable opening notes are the green notes, pineapple and osmanthus, swirling in a tornado of booze. The suede, incense and tonkabean are noticeable right from the start and they give DK it's fascinating, static smokiness that I adore.
The boozy and smoky quality never fades away, but it comes less intense as the floral middle notes start to show up. Lily and orchid steal the spotlight, whilst the other florals create more of a floral low frequency humming. From this point on the smoke and booziness start to clear. This is the moment when the other basenotes start to show up.
As dark and smoky as it started, DK dries up surprisingly clean. The musk is quite clean, but fluffy, but it is texturized by the amber, benzoin., vanilla and sandalwood. The incense has faded away, but suede feeling has remained. It dries up, at least on my skin, as a musky lily, wrapped in suede and sprinkled with vanilla powder.
The evolution of this fragrance is simply wonderful. Longevity is about 10 hours. Sillage is extremely heavy the first hour, but it fades away to a skin scent in about 3 hours. Even though I'd like it to be a bit stronger I'm still very happy I got the chance to buy this perfume. Oh, and I agree with the other reviewer who mentioned it has similarities to Antaeus (I don't know about the vintage version, though). Antaeus is pretty much the smoky, suede aspect, only much darker and more stern.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

This review is for the 1992 release of the Swan Bottle.

It opens with the leathery bite of an old cracked bikers jacket. It reminds me of the leather that is used in Whips and Roses by Kerosene. The leather is touched with a bit of Frankincense. There is also a good sized dose of cassis that adds an almost phenolic green sweetness. It's not often that I find a scent that showcases cassis as well as this one does. It really gives that leathery incense combo the "something" that it needs. After a few moments a sweetness pops out with a loud "pop". It's a beautiful pineapple/peachy zing with a floral tail (ylang-ylang and rose). This new combination punches it's way over the leather brightening everything up and breathing some life and youth into the old, cracked leather. The soft floral accord is almost a whisper. It's really beautiful.

The heart is more floral than the opening and the cassis has faded. There is a sharp ylang-ylang bite with a spicy (carnation?) rose touched lily. It's a really nice, girly contrast that breathes life into the weathered and more masculine leather. There is also a touch of sweetness on the skin (benzoin perhaps?).

The dry down is mostly a sweetish amber and tonka with a clean musky zing. There are still some light florals (rose, lily, ylang-ylang) lazing around. The leather is also much softer, almost a memory. This is a really beautiful dry down. The florals blend so beautifully with the amber/musk/Tonka cpombo that it all becomes one lazy and lovely song.

Overall this is a fantastic scent. The longevity isn't the best but You'll get a good 7-9 hours out of it and it doesn't become a skin scent until well after 4-5 hours. There is something just so wonderful about the play of the very feminine florals and the heavily masculine leather. She's a tough girl that loves butterflies but takes no crap from anyone.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

Interesting that all good stuff gets discontinued! Not fruity enough for those of naive nostril to keep it in production perhaps...

evacecilias
evacecilias

The ultimate bold and sexy evening perfume ,
please please please bring it back and let it travel to Europe stores too !
I have finally got the chance to buy 10 ml from a domestic parfumista friend - but I want the beautiful bottle too !
Please Donna Karan, make us wait no longer !!!

Update my secret domestic distributer...is letting me have one of her bottles!
It is insane !!! I am finally getting the half of a 50ml bottle that I have been wanting since 1995 - I have to pinch my arm .is this for real ???
Good start of 2015 - indeed !
Almost fainting...

ohyes3019
ohyes3019

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and can't find it anywhere. Donna Karen has a signature fragrance but doesn't really smell the same. If anyone finds it please let me know. I found one bottle on line for $325.00 but thought that was really stretching it. Have empty bottles but really want the perfume! Why did they stop making it????

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Came for the lilies and incense, bizarre original Stephan Weiss-designed sculptural flacon, and a rumored favorable comparison to Daim Blond. Staying for the crisp and strong sillage, remarkable tenacity, a certain gasoline and cleaning products hypermodern slant. An androgynous, intellectual but soft composition that samples from the best of all genres to bring in fruit, woods, florals, suede, and resins in thoughtful, serious united structures like elegant code leading to electronic music. Almost chilling in its contemplative remove but with a hint of just enough warmth to be human.

id
id

Very beautiful sexy and classic the same time. Wonderful sillage and good longevity plus it doesn't smell as a floral fragrance on my skin. Smoky suede which gets softer (amber, benzoin and patchouli) after the opening. Best for fall or winter. Superb!

BABEHUBBS

how much is this perfume worth now if you can find it.... anyone knows???

BABEHUBBS

i found a 3.4 EDP of this today at my local red white and blue for $13.95 i could've screamed to the Fragrance Fairies... Thanku when i was young n dumb i hated and abused this fragrance and now the my perfume senses have matured i longed for this and now i own it once again... thanks Red White & Blue

konsternacja
konsternacja

I have this but I don't really like it that much, so I will be happy to give it away. If interested, PM me.

bella142
bella142

I need this, it reminds me if my youth , dark smoky clubs and a sense of wild freedom , wintry nights and warm seduction, but then the cosy comforts and safety of a blankie, bring it back , even if its just for the bottle with its aesthetic curvaceous shape, unlike many of todays round pebble styles, which unfortunatley like seems to be the change from my youth to womanhood .

Mushana
Mushana

why is this fragrance categorised as a floral?....am a tad lost

junior halston
junior halston

One of the most remarkable scents of the 20th century hands down.

This scent capture the sophisticated glam of Manhattan. Think to yourself Madison Ave at night light up by all the boutique windows along that avenue as you look out from tinted car window being whisks off to exclusive evening gallery opening party in trendy So Ho.

No scent capture that then Donna Karen New York. For the life of me I could never understand why Estee Lauder when the took over the DK fragrance portfolio canceled this fragrance along with the male counter part. The original bottles themselves where works of sculptured art from Donna husband.

Think beautiful rich suede against white orchid with a mist of smoky tobacco and amber vanilla.

Everything else from Lauder under the DKNY name has been trash.

Grottola
Grottola

Amazing oriental that reminds me of classics like Chanel Antaeus and Jacomo de Jacomo. Notice that both of the fragrances I mentioned are masculines. This is perfectly unisex, with dark fruits and incense/leather notes. It also proves a suitable replacement for vintage Antaeus, in case you're a fan of Antaeus but don't like the reformulation.

I happen to have a vintage bottle. It's good stuff.

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

This came to me in the way of a romantic gift for Valentine's Day from a great love of my life which was never going to work, (the love, not such an issue the perfume). Its great. I do see it as a more autumnal/winterish scent though that doesn't have to be limited to that. It always struck me as 'suede-ish' or 'leather-ish', very class, warm. I did miss it when the bottle ran out. Years later when I worked for a company that rep'd it I got a bottle to have for memories. I rarely wear it but from time to time when its cold I'll wear it. It is unique and special.

magie
magie

I bought this years ago and I thought I liked it, but I never wore it(I still have over half a bottle.)I love the bottle though,very artistic. The fragrance was OK but I liked others better. It smells very heavy on me, very much like incense.

veruska
veruska

Another of my mother's fave, mostly reserved for a night out and full makeup and high heels attitiude. I always admired it although personally i find it a bit too much too fully enjoy it. Still is a good one.It satrts some how with a green juicy rush then it weirdly warms up in a cinnamony sweet, heady ,unusual thing like a deep bronze iridescent peacock feather. A creature delivered from the most fertile fantasy!As for the end of the show a well judged vanilla-cedar combo with a green narcotic fume and the texture of a taupe bias- cut suede dress. A classic although not for me!

jeanol
jeanol

Wonderfully sexy, a beautiful fragrance but impossible to find.

afraafra
afraafra

very sexy and sultry

Donna Karan by Donna Karan 4.12 out of 5 based on 138 ratings and 20 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.13oz
Dkny New York by Donna Karan Eau de Parfum .13 oz Mini for Women
Dkny New York by Donna Karan Eau de Parfum .13 oz Mini for Women
Red Delicious Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Red Delicious Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Be Delicious Eau So Intense Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Be Delicious Cologne by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Be Delicious Cologne by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dkny Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Dkny Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Eau So Intense Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Red Delicious Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Red Delicious Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Red Delicious Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Cologne by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Be Delicious Eau So Intense Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Night Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Night Perfume by Donna Karan, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Eau So Intense Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Dkny New York Summer by Donna Karan EDT Spray 3.4 oz Edition 2013 for Women
Dkny New York Summer by Donna Karan EDT Spray 3.4 oz Edition 2013 for Women
Dkny City by Donna Karan Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz for Women
Dkny City by Donna Karan Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz for Women
Be Delicious Night Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Night Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Eau So Intense Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Love From New York Cologne by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dkny New York by Donna Karan Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz for Women
Dkny New York by Donna Karan Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz for Women
Be Delicious Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Eau So Intense Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Dkny Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Energizing Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Cologne by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Be Delicious Cologne by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dkny Gold by Donna Karan EDT Spray 3.4 oz for Women
Dkny Gold by Donna Karan EDT Spray 3.4 oz for Women
Golden Delicious Eau So Intense Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Red Delicious Cologne by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Red Delicious Cologne by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Be Delicious Night Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Be Delicious Night Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Golden Delicious Dkny Perfume by Donna Karan, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Donna Karan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Donna Karan Donna Karan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Donna Karan by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Donna Karan by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.