Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Donna Karan Gold Donna Karan for women

Donna Karan Gold Donna Karan for women
dislike

Donna Karan Gold Donna Karan for women Pictures Donna Karan Gold Donna Karan for women Pictures Donna Karan Gold Donna Karan for women Pictures

According to Donna Karan, gold has always attracted her by its passion and power, and as a designer, she has always liked combinations of gold and black colour. She finally succeeded in creating a fragrance to reflect its warmth, power and attractiveness.

The fragrance is built of two main elements, which carry a scent of gold: lily from Casablanca and amber. Lily is intoxicating and sparkling, it attracts and seduces, while amber is warm, as a touch of gold.

This complicated and powerful, but also gentle and feminine fragrance includes the following notes: lily, amber, acacia, white cloves, gold balm, golden pollen and patchouli from East Asia.

A whole team of perfumers worked on this perfume: Yann Vasnier, Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Calice Becker. The perfume was created in 2006.

The bottle with perfume water is in the photo (above), while edt bottle is translucent.

Lily Black locust Amber Patchouli Jasmine Clove Violet Leaf

Lys Fume
Donna Karan Gold Sparkling
Flora Bella
Jasmin Reve

Donna Karan Gold Fragrance Reviews

galaxy86
galaxy86

Beautiful lily perfume (I did not know I liked this flower till I compared the common note in baiser vole and Donna Karan gold). And ofcourse, amber adds to the depth. I dont know how black locust smells like but I will try amarige with this perfume to smell the similarity. I think layering this perfume with jacomo silences will make version of cartier baiser vole that is much richer and deeper.

layla7658
layla7658

It's good to see other people liked this perfume too! I loved it, so bad it was discontinued!

teadrinker
teadrinker

This perfume was a surprise for me. I ended up liking it much more than I expected. This is very much a warm lily scent. I can smell the amber, and I can smell the lily. The lily note is smooth, almost watery, but it's warmed up by the amber. When I first put it on it was hard for me to imagine this being a "gold" fragrance- it simply smelled to watery. After a bit of wear, however, the amber kept the lily warm. Seeing the bottle, name, and description I expected this scent to be much heavier, but it really has a light, watery element to it. A complex fragrance, and one I liked overall.

Loligurl
Loligurl

What a pleasant surprise! I have never owned a lily heavy scent before, but this was inexpensive on ebay so I gave it a go. First spray made me think I'd made a mistake. It was big, loud LILY! Lily bomb,, lily in my face--a little much. In a few minutes though the big cold floral falls back and warming amber steps forward with a light green freshness and something pepper-spicey. The lily is still dominant, but now recalls a lovely Easter Sunday, warm sunshine after a cold winter, beautiful ladies in pastel dresses, fragile flowers promising new beginnings. I wore this to work and received compliments from busy co-workers, some even asked me what i was wearing and where to purchase. BTW, I also have the body lotion and it is fab! Many body lotions disappoint me, but this one is lovely.
*My review is for the EDP--the pictured bottle.

pansylady

I sampled the EdP some time ago, and didn't like it- it smelled musty and a little sweaty (too indolic, I guess) but the EdT is pure LILY! Actually, to me it smells like Stargazer lilies, rather than Casablanca lilies- it has the same sweet/spicy bubblegum aroma- longevity and potency are decent, too-

Dinkum
Dinkum

EDP: Gorgeous true-to-life lily. Sensual, cold and warm at the same time (if that makes any sense?). If you love the smell of real alive lilies, you will be thrilled with this one!

deda147
deda147

Hmm I'm still not sure how I exactly feel towards this fragrance. I have a small sample (EDP) and have used it a few times and I even contemplated about buying it, but I think I might stick to my sample.

The opening is simply wonderful on my (male) skin: It's fresh, floral and not overly sweet. I get a lot of fresh lilies, a bit of clove and some jasmine. Sadly enough, it doesn't stay this way. Instead the jasmine fades away and my skin seems to amplify the lily and amber notes. It ends up really sweet on my skin. Gold just smells like a bouquet of lilies on me: heady, lush and quite intoxicating. The sillage is really strong on this one and the longevity is impressive too.

I really like lilies, but I prefered them to stay as they were in the opening. I also don't get any weird salami/banana/cucumber notes.

reborn
reborn

this is very strange perfume.It is aquatic and warm at the same time.I smell lilies and cloves .It can be headache for someone but for good luck for me is not.i like it very much and i think in the spring and warmer weather is gonna be perfect!

Christina0065
Christina0065

I am just not caring for this one! It was a blind buy based on the notes and well I guess there is something in there that I just don't like, maybe the patchouli?!!!! It's just not my style at all!!! So disappointed!! :(

AmazonGrace
AmazonGrace

Character, quality, versatility and a very reasonable cost: it's all here and then some. Donna Karan's "Gold" (EdP) was one I almost didn't buy for fear of it being too heady and possibly headache-inducing.

Initially, I hesitated making this blind
buy due to the relatively short list of notes: three of which are Lily, Jasmine, and Amber. I tend to prefer almost anything but a purely Floral (i.e. sweet) fragrance for most occasions, and I was pleasantly surprised that this does not altogether fit that category. It is a true Floriental.

The florals are indeed lavish here, but are spared from being overtly garish with a masterful addition and blending of balsamic and earthy notes. What an incredibly good mix of "grounded femininity" the perfumers have struck with this fragrance!

No one note or specific mood prevails, and the drydown is a prolonged, exquisite journey that arouses my senses in a most captivating way. The Amber is of a moderate temper, one which refrains from being too thick or syrupy. It's a somewhat
dry one which serves to enhance the overall bouquet.

The Lily and Jasmine notes are amazingly realistic but remain well-mannered, gentle and with a sparkle that keeps this from ever becoming too garish or weighty. I do not detect any banana (nor any gourmand) notes on my skin as other reviewers have mentioned.

As for being a fresh-from-the-bath kind of clean scent? Not on my skin. I'd call it more of a fresh, ripe scent that is invigorating yet has enough complexity to keep it sensual and even a bit sexy. This is a female fragrance all the way. No screaming of the fact necessary here: it's attraction is all about being ladylike in it's pursuit to seduce. It delivers on that promise in such a way that the clothes may be on the floor without anyone the wiser on how, when...(indeed she's a cunning temptress!)

I highly recommend this fragrance to any female who wants a scent that is sensual, complex, and a bit on the mischevious side...with excellent sillage and longevity. Enjoy!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

(Update to review, it's growing on me somewhat, it probably depends on mood. I still find this a touch clean, but I can see it as a good daytime perfume if you want to feel fresh. Good for work too)

Wish I liked this more, but the lily is too clean - a little bit like cleaning product. There's a slight butteriness (or banana as mentioned in reviews below) in there that I like but sadly the cleaning product note prevails.

I've sniffed it alongside my two much loved lily perfumes - Baiser Vole and Lys Soleia and those smell far more natural. (Baiser Vole a lightly sweet and green lily and Lys Soleia a sunny buttery lily).

Edit: I've gifted it to my sister who enjoys 'beachy' warm florals and amber. I think it's a good perfume so I'm glad it's found a good home!

Lumiere
Lumiere

Gold was a blind buy for me, like most of my other fragrances. I carefully read all your reviews here, and, based that Murmure is my favourite fragrance (3rd bottle), which is sadly discontinued, I thought I will like Gold. Well, it is a little different lily. I heard quite sharp oriental lily scent, very strong (which is good in my books). It was not until last night, late autumn here, that I felt this scent differently. Amber, spice and richness combined with lily made it into an opulent scent, in this cold and gloomy weather. This is a woody, spicy, warm lily, with Her Highness Lily-white flower reigning over spices. I have eau de toilette concentration.I think the key is to choose the weather and the way to wear it which would bring the warmth, otherwise, for many, it may be quite a difficult fragrance to tame. Enjoy it to those who know how to do it:)

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

Don't recall how I acquired this bottle because I didn't buy it myself. I have a full 3.4 oz bottle of this and tested it out. It's not horrible, but it's not the greatest on me. It seems to be lacking something that would make it great. As one previous poster said she layered it with Alien. So I did the same...wow...that's it. That's what was missing. Now it smells great. Very soft and flirty with a hint of sensuality. I was almost going to put this up for sale, but now that I have a layering partner I think I will keep it for a while. Thanks for the tip! Such awesome ideas on here.

EDIT: I think I'm going to go ahead a swap this one out if anyone is interested. While it does work with Alien, all I can smell a few hours later is Alien, so I don't really need this when Alien overpowers it so much in the end. PM me with offers.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

If you like the smell of Ambre Solaire sun oil, you'll love this fragrance.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

When will I learn to stay away from anything with violets or violet leaves!

This is a nice warm oriental however the violet leaves are overwelming to me.. VERY GREEN.. if that works for you this would be great, unfortunately greens turn very sour on my acidic skin..

I'm not saying this is a bad scent just bad on me.

HEAVY sillage and even after scrubbing it off hours ago I can still smell it lightly 12 hrs later

-----
update -- what I have is the sparkling version although based on the notes it smells to me more like this one ..??

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This was my first experience with white lily, and Oh-my-gosh I just love this! I was reluctant to sample it at first, simply because I CANNOT STAND DKNY woman. However, this is completely different. The amber and spices warm up the white flowers beautifully, and the potion becomes one that is opulent, bewitching and glamorous. There is something playful in the notes, but altogether very suitable for a warm, sophisticated and confident woman. Sillage is nice. !

SweetDesire
SweetDesire

Ssoooo overpowering on me. I barely pressed the sprayer and lilies hit me from every direction. Headache inducing within 5 minutes which is a shame as I seem to be having a love affair with Donna Karan fragrances. However on a plus note if you adore lilies and like a firm fragrance you could do worse than try this as a tester. (Wouldn't advise buying 'blind' (which I am constantly guilty of!) One day I will listen to you fragranticans and test before I choose the best.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

Haven't come across a fragrance like this before.

Top notes lillies, then warm bannanas.

Like it, but would probably suggest testing before purchasing.

akeener
akeener

I used to have this one and I really loved it... I remember a luscious, creamy floral with a just a hint of honey and spice. It's funny though - like Lacrymosa said, at times I would detect what I thought was the smell of bananas! However, it never deterred me... it was very subtle. And frankly, for me, it was part of the appeal.

NicoleO
NicoleO

At first spray the lilies hit me in the face. After a couple of hours the lily scent is almost gone and I was left with a warm, rich, seductive blend of amber, cloves and jasmine. I much prefer the dry down to the opening, but then I am not overly keen on lilies. Nice projection, lasted a good few hours.

Floreat
Floreat

Wow! This one knocked me over the head with a super strong and sharp medicinal opening. I got a fleetingly pleasant whiff of peppery lily, but unfortunately it was soon drowned in a green metallic soup that I struggled to enjoy, but alas, I couldn't.

It certainly is interesting and I can see it's appeal. I can see how it is perfectly appropriate to wear as spindrift does - out in the open air of the natural world as it's earthy and independent. It comes at a good price point, so if one is looking for an earthy, spicy and somewhat aromatic scent, this might be worth a sniff.

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

Lily, lily, lily!!!! What a whump! Packing a punch Lily, which is heavy, heavy, heavy and a tad sickly if truth is told, BUT also gorgeous, seductive and very oriental in a strange way- wearing it I can see houris on ottomans and sultans offering Turkish Delight and Sherbet and nights of love! Wowy!! Can't be bad!There is a deep undertone of spice too which does mitigate the heavy flowery fragrance of this utterly unique perfume the like of which I have never smelt before.
Possibly a bit headachey and certainly for evening or for seduction. it certainly won't be everybody's thing for sure but i'm glad I gambled on a cheapo roll-on from Ebay. I'll just wait for the nights of love!! This is an all woman perfume! Not for the buttoned up or the very young,giggly and giddy! This one means business!.

spindrift
spindrift

To me Gold is all green woods - which aren't listed - rather than floral. My first thought when I sprayed it was 'pencil shavings' and I haven't changed my view since. On me it is rich, deep and long-lasting. I smell amber and patchouli, pine and sandalwood (although I know they are not listed). Perhaps it's the black locust - not a familiar note to me. I don't view it as a 'gala dinner' or wedding party fragrance. I live in the country and happily wear this during the day when I am out and about in the open air, as it just feels right.

Mushana
Mushana

Very heavy fragrance for a strong matriarch.

Lwooten
Lwooten

DK Gold has an accord of myrrh, not listed though. It is a rich and smooth lily, amber and myrrh frag. Opulent and unique by today's mainstream standards. Why? Because it's not fruity and sweet and full of marshmallow, maybe. Hopefully soon the beauty counters will give us more options than just what seems to appeal to the 20 year olds.

lovescents999
lovescents999

This scent is incredible! It's soft and sweet on me, lilly, huge on amber and jasmine! It turns a little bit soapy after a few minutes, but in a good way. I love it so much that I just ordered another bottle! This is sexy, close to the skin, and definitely warm.

TruthserumX
TruthserumX

This perfume is very masculine to me because of how spicy it is. The faint smell of floral is way in the back. It's not my style at all and I don't like it. My husband does not like it either. I would say if you like spicy perfumes this is a good one!

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

My experience with DK Gold was almost exactly the same as gawerika and a few other reviewers below. And I too thought I had a "bad" bottle. I recoiled from this like I never had before. Well I realized that I must REALLY dislike lily b/c I had a similar olfactory reaction when I tried Ineke Gilded Lily, only Ineke's was not as strong and overpowering as Gold and dries down a bit nicer, but that Lily note in both is unmistakable. I gave mine away.

gawerika
gawerika

I got this in a local drug store at a steal but still costly and since there was no tester it was a blind buy because I like most of DKNY frangrances. To my suprise this smelt too heavy, dark and not in a good way that matter...like some sort of a medicine one can for pest control! I've trully never scent anything that smelled SO repulsive to my nose that I did'nt even bother swapping but rather trash it instead out of shame! Evaulating the reviews here, I can only come to the conclusion that mine was off...

Third bottle of Gold Eau de Parfum. It took me a long time to fall for gold edp, but now I adore it. Less is more, sprey carefully or gold will turn thick, heavy and overwhelming. 1 spray makes you smell wonderful for many, many hours. Very longlasting on my skin 12+ hours. Scroll down for first review on EdP and EdT.

Tredje flaskan med Gold Eau de Parfum. Det tog mig lång tid för att falla för Gold EdP men nu bara jag älskar den. Lite är lagom, spreja försiktigt annars blir Gold tung, tjock och övermäktig. 1 sprejning får dig att lukta gott i många, många timmar. Otroligt hållbar på min hud - mer än 12 timmar. Har skrivit längre ner om både Edp och EdT.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

I picked this up for a steal, mainly out of curiosity and the repeated references to it being lily-heavy, I love lily! This is so unique to my nose. Yes, I get the lily, a balmy luxurious one, and much amber, a smooth, deep golden amber without too much sweetness. The sillage and longevity are incredible! Unless I'm going out at night with the intent to seduce, this is a one-spray only scent for me. It is very sensual, a journey to warm embraces while hearts pound with possibilities. When I inhale it, I am transported to a memory of a place or a time...but I can't place it...just a sense of "this is so familiar", not the scent itself, as I don't remember ever finding one like it, but the feeling it gives me. Somewhere beneath the night sky, just on the tip of my tongue but somehow so far away. Honestly, I do find lily and amber to be a strange combination, but here it works. They take a few minutes to blend, but when they do, Gold makes me think of a dark room with satin sheets with just the slightest flirtatious hint of some much anticipated agression. Rich, luscious, smooth.

pisces3774
pisces3774

Gold really does smell primarily of huge, white Easter lilies! I don't get a lot of patchouli, but the amber does deepen the lily quite a bit. It gives it depth and spice. Very sweet, lovely on the dry down. I think the lily subdues a bit. Isn't normally my style, but I find that I really like it.

dimplesg
dimplesg

There are not many perfumes I dislike but this is one of them. I tend to like heady, musky perfumes but this has a really concentrated lily scent that is waaaay too strong for me.

monica0106
monica0106

Headache...(maybe too spicy) also sense a hint of melon,which I can't bear:(
But would love it if lightly spraying it on towel or sheet, since the lily side is really natural and delighting~

Bethesda
Bethesda

I used to own this perfume many years ago and I repurchased it this week (on the internet as it's been discontinued). The inspiration for my repurchase was walking into the hall to collect the post and inhaling the intoxicating aroma of a vase of white lillies that permeated the air. I then went upstairs to watch the Olympics to find Team GB had won yet more gold medals! It made me think of this perfume because of the name and smell and I missed it so I decided I needed another bottle.

It's both a warm, woody and lightly spicy perfume as well as a cool white lily floral. The warm and cool aspects are equally as strong from beginning to end. I read on the internet somewhere that someone described this as a totally natural smell that reminded her of walking through damp woods and fields of flowers. You can really imagine the smell that comes off bark in the rain and the contrast of then arriving on your journey in a field of fresh lillies still wet with dew. Imagine all this with the sun shining on them to warm and intensify their smell and you pretty much have the scent of Gold!

I would say it's worth a blind buy if you *love* lillies and love amber and patchouli just as much. It's super long lasting too so a couple of spritzes is all you'll need for several hours. Pure, beautiful sophistication. :D Great bottle too - it reminds me of the luxurious but minimalist interiors of those designer hotels in Europe, therefore it reminds me of short city breaks, too! I read that it's supposed to be an urban scent, yet it smells very natural and pure. Love this kind of antithesis in modern perfumery!

rubyhexagon
rubyhexagon

I find this is the perfect 'walk into the mist' fragrance as it clings to you and lasts unbelievably long and true to the original sprayed scent. For those who say this is an over-powering scent... maybe you are using too much? This is grown-up lady perfume for seducing and entrancing. The amber is beautifully warm and complex. The perfume has the ability to add sophistication to a simple outfit or played down make-up. I wear this perfume when I want to be out (or up) all night and still smell amazing in the morning.

DocTales
DocTales

It is very spicy and unusual, no doubt. However, I was expecting a lily-bomb, i.e. the exact overwhelming powdery intense smell of fresh lilies in a vase. Everyone here said it was an extreme lily smell, but I get incense, spices and wood, and they drown out the lily completely. I just blind bought this and am not very excited about it. I might come to like that frag someday, but my quest for a soliflore lily scent is definitely not over.

Aside from Cartier's 'Baiser vole' and Penhaligon's 'Lily and Spice', does anyone have good recommendations? I am really trying to find a substitute for Ralph Lauren's 'Glamorous' here...will be grateful for all suggestions!!!

mrsc101902
mrsc101902

Sexiest perfume I have ever worn. LOVE IT! I want more. Wore this on a night out with my husband, and other guys were coming in for a sniff. LOL... Even one of my GIRL friends said, "Damn! You smell incredible! What is that??"

cyprusmum
cyprusmum

Very overpowering. Gotta have a nose of steel to wear this and not get a migraine! Not a stayer for me. Lily too strong - shame, but didn't do anything for me. Was given as a gift, but I passed it on very quickly.

akats
akats

Although I'm Greek and unfortunatelly I have been in many funerals, I did not connected the smells. I think that fresh lilies have a sharper greener smell than in this composition. This fragrance is very tender and creamy. Sensual and really sexy and innocent together. It makes you feel woman, desirable and seductive. Subtle, elegant but long lasting too with nice sillage. Very nice indeed!

katemcq
katemcq

Wonderful, sumptuous, velvety, damp jasmine and lily with amber. It's dressy, for a special evening out, elegant and classic. Great longevity and so warm a couple hours in. For me it is a relaxing scent despite being so distinctive.

I.I
I.I

I can't wear this perfume. It's nice, long lasting and of a very good quality but it reminds me of (Greek Orthodox) funerals and of beloved persons that were dead.
I am sure that in other countries people don't have such memories and they are able to wear this nice perfume. I have a perfume (from a swap) that others say it smells like a sun-tan lotion. Well, for me it smells nothing like that, this is why I like it and I'm gonna wear it this summer.
Donna Karan Gold is suitable for any age and nice mainly for spring time and for the day (but it could be worn also during the summer I guess).

Nanc
Nanc

I suppose it’s the lily in this which does not suit me at all. It ends up smelling almost like urine once it settles, just doesn’t mix well with my chemistry. But on my mother it is simply gorgeous, so it made a nice gift for her.

Jayne58
Jayne58

A dear friend bought me this perfume in EDT yesterday, the darling. I did own this lilybomb before in a roller-ball, and it goes to show the massive difference between spraying and dabbing or rolling.

This sprays beautifully, fresh, floral and sparkling with an uplifting sillage. I remember, however, that with the roller it seemed dull and flat. Massive thanks to my friend for the re-education and for making me smell so nice!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I really like this one...it's so clean and fresh. On me, it's all about the flowers...as a walk through a garden. The smell stays with you for a long while. I agree with Jazz Bird Singer, I smell cucumber in this one...I like it - it add freshness to this frag... :D.

vaiduakhu
vaiduakhu

I think it should be named emerald and silver.
It starts out very herbal and fresh, but not kind of the astringent way. I got an aquatic feeling, maybe because of violet leaf effect. Then the amber warms up the the cold freshness and let the lily roar. The clove is not very prominent but does exist. It keeps the lily from smelling overly carnal, keep a soft spicy, a little bit earthy and fresh feeling for the fragrance throughout the development.
Longevity: about 6 hours on my skin which is remarkable for a green & fresh fragrance.
Sillage: 5m, very good.

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

this is first of all a cery diff scent altogether and try the edp and not the edt , edt lacks everything, but edp is my god like a very diff fragrqance, yes casablanca lilly and patchouli . it has a great longevity and it is a smooth fragrance. i just feel the gold on wearing it. a good name gold given to a fragrance of such kind.

pansylady

Hmmmm- this one is a bit confusing- Although this is well-known as a lily-heavy scent, I don't smell them at all- instead, I get a slightly sweaty, leathery animal vibe from this one- maybe it's that darned clove note...

I think a little citrus would have been a good enhancer- because for me, this Gold lacks sparkle...

P.S. I decided to try layering it with Alien, and it is a very sensual combo!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

The most beautiful scent ive ever smelled. I imagine, you either hate it or love it. Its one of my very favorites in the world! I can never get enough of this scent when Im waring it. Soft and sweet and very warm.

Gosha
Gosha

To me this is very floral, heady and intoxicating (on the verge of cloying indeed) to start with...in fact much more floral than anything else. Bouquet of potent white flowers! The sligtly sweet amber - gently - comes to me in much later stages, mingling with barely discernible green/woody notes. I was thinking - as I so often do with straight florals - that this is not going to work for me, but then I stepped outside into the cold, grey, winter day and the waft of bouquet in full blossom instantly brightened that missery and brought out a bit of sunshine. :-) That, and the fact that I enjoy this fragrance in small dosage, makes me think that this is a good one for winter (for me anyway). About an hour later it loses that sharp, flowery edge, and mellows into warm, creamy sweetness. This stage is just lovely.

glitterlust
glitterlust

EDP

To me, this isn't a true lily scent. It has the sensibility of a bouquet of lilies but seems rather more a blend of notes working towards this (I have just bought a boquuet of lilies and once the flowers open I will do a side by side comparison).

The first 15 minutes is amaryllis or belladonna lily: sweet and dripping with nectar. Then it becomes a little greener with the black locust/robinia which lends its pea flower notes. It is very heady to begin with then settles to a mysterious pollen note. Hints of clove and amber are noticeable but well blended. The sillage is competent but not overbearing.

I was expecting a something whiter and spicier (I was hoping for a lily equivalent to Comme des Garcons Carnation and was slightly disappointed). I still think this has a great niche quality to it though and is quite a remarkable, naturalistic scent.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

An overwhelming, intoxicating floral scent that commands attention and respect. It's stands out among its other fragrances, and is a refreshing change compared to the fruity Delicious collection.
The opening is a bit extreme and cloying to the nose - but the gorgeous subtle woody/spicy dry down truly won me over.

Truly Gold.

soulflwr
soulflwr

Oh I don't like this one. The first perfume I've ever smelled that I can honestly say "terrible". I'm not saying it's a terrible perfume I’m just saying I REALLY don’t like it. When I first opened the package I smelled pencil shavings. Not sorta like or kind of like, but actual pencil shavings. I thought it was the cap since it seems to be made of wood. Nope.
After I put it on my skin hoping that it would be better, I smelled pencil shavings that had the ability to morph between hair salon chemicals, pork rinds, and bacon...depending on which way the wind hit it. The icing on the cake for me was when my fiancé walked pass (he didn’t know I’d bought ANOTHER new perfume) and asked….
”Did you just fart.” =^O
Maybe I don’t like lilies? Maybe I don’t like black locust? Idk but I hope my mom likes them bc guess what she's getting for her birthday next month...

geckolost
geckolost

All I smell in this in lily. Though I can't recall ever really smelling lilies this is what I imagine to be very close! It smells very natural. I do like it, however there is an odd stale, bothersome note that I have to try to overlook. (It kind of reminds me of the stale taste I get in my mouth when I haven't brushed my teeth in awhile though not having eaten anything). I've only worn it three times because of that off-putting note; I'm afraid to smell it again. But maybe once I get used to it, it will fade away. I got it for a very cheap price which makes me wonder why it's not selling for very much... but I'm glad I could get it at such a price!

jtd
jtd

Gold is an interesting take on the floriental. The opening lily note is so succulent and fresh. The lily is way out front and Gold seems like it’s going to be a straight-out soliflore. The freshness lingers into the heart when an amber sweetness replaces the watery feel of the lily. At this point, the lily remains, but its spiciness emerges and makes a smooth transition from coolness to warmth.

I don’t know how it’s done, but what a smart transition! The wet coolness becomes a humid warmth, and water comes to feel like a scent note alongside lily and amber. The floral note (notes? jasmine?) becomes indolic, and the steamy floral, with the sweet but slightly scratchy amber, gives a languid feel that, once it starts, lasts to the end of the drydown.

greydove
greydove

This is becoming a veritable workhorse for me, very unexpectedly, since it wasn't on my want list. I find myself reaching for it frequently in these early fall months. I like how clean it is, and the strange pencil shavings opening that keeps it from being just another floral. The dry down is really nice: clear, sweet, polleny, and honeyed. I get the feeling it will work all year round too.

shabbus
shabbus

The lily overwhelms all of the other notes, at least on me. I've also discovered that I don't really like a pure flower scent like this one. But the reproduction is amazing, I really feel like my nose is in a bouquet.

The dry down is better, as the floral recedes somewhat and the spicier notes take over. So there IS a transition, which I really like in a perfume. So many (to my novice nose) are quite linear, but this one has a 'life line'.

I would not buy it, as I only start to like it in the dry down, and only then because it's better than the opening.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

what 24 karat gold would smell like
sweet sensual lazy
beeswax, honey and lilies
i don't get the patchouli note at all that others do..
however...
there is a slight "cucumber-ish note i detect that keeps this from being pure
cloying sweetness
a luxury that i can afford

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

This is a keeper. I bought it because I love lilies---and this was mentioned somewhere as having a true lily note, rather than the "lily-ish" note which often occurs in perfumes. It does! It really reminds me of a fresh bouquet of lilies, and the note holds true throughout the wearing. It's not a linear perfume, either; there are layers of other notes that weave a quite seductive harmony around the lily. I get a hint of honey, probably from the locust flower; I get amber; I get only a subtle sense of patchouli; I get spice that doesn't shout any one thing---if they didn't specify cloves I would have been pressed to tease it out; and I get a slight orris note. This is a very fine fragrance---it's rich, sophisticated in the best sense, and well-crafted. Not at all "old", but with a sensuality that makes it best for women rather than young girls. (Much as I personally loathe all the fruity stuff out there, they do serve a purpose of introducing girls to womanly arts & delights without making them smell overtly sensual and thus inappropriately over-mature. Gold is sensual, no mistake!) It lasts quite well, even on my scent-eating skin, though it's never overwhelming or strong. Makes an amazing scent for the hair, by the way. Although I love my rich, heavy, opulent Oriental perfumes, I choose this one often, especially for daytime or when I want to feel pretty in my own skin. I think it's both classic, in the sense that it's not trendy or obviously datable, and modern, in the sense that it is completely free of "old lady" undertones and because the florals are heady yet fresh. An under-rated scent that I'm happy to have around and wear often.

beatrix75

its not like i imagen and i sendet back!!dosent have any lilac just the mediocryt casablanka lilly and something what i dont like bad bad bad

beatrix75

today i get my gold i hope its this georges lilly smell what i vayting for !!!!if its this one so i am glad and happy to have it

darcy2
darcy2

Last Saturday I visited a hotel in Charleston. The lobby had a huge bouquet of casablanca lilies in the center and vases of more were studded all over the rest of the room. The fragrance was intoxicating, and reminded me that I had a bottle of Donna Karan Gold coming in the mail soon! Casablanca and Stargazer lilies are my favorite flowers, and I am very impressed that the richness of the lily fragrance has been retained in this scent without it becoming cloying. There is a fine line that so many heady white florals cross where they just become too creamy or buttery for my taste. This fragrance takes the heart of casablanca lily right to that line, and holds it there in perfection. I can't rate the longevity yet, but I will check in the morning. I'm wearing this to bed!

Eos
Eos

Lily + Patchouli + Cloves = not for me.
I foolishly sprayed this on myself why testing scents in the store and now I'm wishing it would wash off. I looked at the notes and thought it had potential, but I guess this combo is just not good with my chemistry. Most of what I get is an intense burned floral. Oh well.

Hyponse
Hyponse

This perfume smells of lillys and honey, but also oriental. It`s to heavy and grovn up for me. I have a bottle at home that I can`t ever emty ;-). Not a nice scent.

olga1780
olga1780

I really can't stand Donna Karan's fragrances for their mediocrity and boredom. But the bottle looked too beautiful to contain something generic. So I ignored all the negative refiews and bought it blindly. And I must say I really LOVE it!
Very rich and warm, and the highly criticized honeyed lily note is so beautiful to my nose.
Also very substantial sillage and longevity.....solid 3-4 hours for you to enjoy.

truffles
truffles

I gave this a couple of mins to settle on my skin and then one sniff I was instantly and utterly transported back to a very specific band in time and specific memories.
1979 - around 1984. The BEACH. Hairspray. Cola. Dolly plastic. I think there must have also been something very specific around those years which smelled very much like this perfume to make me have such a strong reaction but I can't quite pinpoint it. Quite possibly a hair-type product as I had big goth hair and did allsorts to get it that way!
After the initial beach invocation, I'd say that cola dominates (maybe it's the clove which I've just noticed this contains).
To me, this is retro in a very particular way, interesting, but I'm not rushing to wear or buy it.

Sassy1
Sassy1

My 1st review of this perfume was a total slam...in short, I hated it.
The lily was obnoxious, salty, pork-like and over bearing, the metallic tone jangled my senses.

Today, I find it less revolting...There's almost a cucumber cleanness to it that suits warmer weather and the lily is less "meaty".

It's still not a favorite but after sampling a multitude of cheap plastic scents lately, I can appreciate that it's at least made of quality.

Dislike to like but no love.

LIN
LIN

WOW! i imagined it to be more ordinary and maybe calm (?!) But this perfume is all about glam and spice with Lilies! it seems to be that i really into lilies, a thing that i didn't know until now (: this perfume is very chic and elegant in my taste.
Oh, and another thing: very, very, veryyy long lasting!

naheed
naheed

It's a very gentle oriental floral and can easily be worn as an everyday scent and so would I love to wear it on regular basis.

Gold starts off green and soft. I also get a melon note at this stage which feels as if a freshly picked melon has been placed by my side, smells lovely. Then the accord of powdery florals joins in which is cosy like a soft hug. To make this hug more cosy, amber and clove join hands too. The amber note is a little vanillic and a bit woody and this woody note is hard to explain but it's very warm and lovely. The clove is not loud but rather plays its role being simple with the hint of its subtle spiciness.

My over all rating for Donna Karan Gold is 9/10. I am in love with it and would like to buy myself a big bottle of it. Wearable in all season. I tested my sample in winter and it's spring now and will save up some for summer:)

system_d thank you for the sample!

solitaire
solitaire

the lily must have died in my bottle before I got it, or on me it's just wrong.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Lily and spice, and all things nice...

From the bottle, a sweet, funky banana-like note, just subtle though and nice. On the skin, just like fresh picked blooms by the streamside, a little green and lucid.

I do get a little carnation vibe going on as it warms up with that tiny hint of clove. At this point, it feels a little 80's, maybe even early 90's, only because lily is so classic and gives me a bit of a retro revival (which is quite okay). This however, manages to elegantly saunter into the turn of the century with its clean, radiant drydown.

Amber and patchouli really warm this up with a perfectly smooth, velvety aura.

Gold is complete and perfect for the lover of lillies--gilding not necessary.

i like this, its a light spice that turns a little vanilla and floral on me. i see there is no vanilla listed, but loved that the notes came thru that way. it just smelled really good and lasted about 6 hours before i had to re-apply. i'm pretty happy with this purchase. i would give this an 8 1/2 out of 10.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

green/golden spicy, aquatic floral scent, I don't find it heady though it is rich, but soothing and light. It literally smells like a bunch of lilies with the stems cut, giving the peppery-wet-green smell on top of the pollen filled heads. Marvellous and a great 'go to' scent. Technically polished and modern. EDP has reasonable sillage and longevity but it's no sledgehammer!
ps my husband likes it and I haven't taken it off since I bought it. It's very wearable day or night.

Hopeless Romantic
Hopeless Romantic

I so wanted to fall in love with this but I can't get away with it at all. It actually gave me a headache after a short time. I think on the right woman it is wonderful, that woman is not me, so I'm afraid a thumbs down from me.

adrienn99
adrienn99

this is actually quite nice to me.

opens with little honeyed-acacia and pollen. Gold, indeed.

with time the patchouli appears, not excessively though .

I find this one quite wearable, good for casual and office.

Francop
Francop

Gold by Donna Karan

Fantastic fruity and fresh long lasting unisex scent; perfect for any time of the day or year when you want to stay happy and cheery...

Big Thumbs up...!!!

sanziana29
sanziana29

Now I have just very few drops. I loved it. It was make me feel good, classy, and happy. It is a bold fragrance, and you must have some power to wears it. It changes depending on seasons- in winter is dark and mysterious; in summer is a symphony of white flowers. It a good choice for it's versatility.

Eau de Parfum- version
I think this is a special scent for special women. On me its just a dark mess. I had high hopes for this one - but this one is not for me.( I can't wear Knowing, Obsession neihter, they also get messy on me).

I have to add - I wore it for a few times now and its still a mess the first hour.. After an hour it gets a little bit better on me. Deep - still dark but the "mess" it not longer there. The big + for this one is its lasts for ever on my skin, about 8-9 hours. This will never be a favourite.

Now I tried the Eau de Toilette-version
For the first time I have to say -For me Gold EdT is better then EdP. The Eau De Toilette is lighter, more sparkling and I don't get the dark mess. I sprayed this on my hand and I can feel the flowers. A beautiful Scent!! Stayingpower is good - about 5 hours on my skin.. So my advice on DK gold - try the eau de Toilette first - then you try the Eau de Parfum - and make your decision.

Now - one year later - I got the EdP-version again. And now I can only say WOOOOW.. How weird is that? One year ago I couldn't stand it and now I'm totaly in love with it. Maybe I needed to use the EdT version to get used to it - but now this has been a keeper.!!

Eau de parfum- varianten är en mörk och tung historia på min hud. jag tycker inte om den alls.
Sen provade jag Eau de Toilette-varianten - härlig doft!! Mildare, ljusare, lite blommigare och mer lättburen.

OM du inte provat Gold så bör du nog testa Eau de Toilette varianten först och sen eau de parfum'en - de är olika i sin utstrålning, tycker jag. EdT-varianten sitter i ca 5 timmar på min hud, vilket jag tycker är bra. EdP-varianten sitter i 7-8 timmar på min hud.
Nu- ett år senare så har jag då provat EdP-varianten igen och jag säger bara waow.. vilken skillnad. Nu är jag helt förälskad i denna doften. Kanske behövde jag vänja mig vid EdT-versionen först.. Nu är detta en favorit!!

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

First Thank you Trax for sending me this. And my husband love this on me;)

Beware you will laugh at me after reading this...it's all good.

I recognize this scent not as a perfume but behold.....Here in Montreal every June we welcome the Formula 1 drivers with their colony of wealthy people looking for fun and speed. Well I just found the cheapest way to fit in. Donna Karan Gold, is amazingly similar to F1 tires that lasted 28 laps on a hot humide and damp montreal summer day. Yes thats right tires, with honey.

I get tires and honey on my skin...how can that not be sexy? lol!!!!! This is the most immature review I think I ever wrote...so be it! I like this tires/honey frag from Donna Karan. I know those are so not the notes listed but my skin makes it what it want it to be. ;)

keewee
keewee

This "gold" is really gold. Perfume preferences are so subjective...and my opinions are only my own. I have always loved lilies and they fall into my favorite flower category. But when I heard that Gold smelled like HAM I knew I wouldn't like the perfume. But after making friends with this, I smell no ham, no clove, no bacon, no salami. I do get strong hints of all-encompassing warmth and "honeyness". It fills the room and envelops me as I wander through my day. I don't spray it on my skin or around the neck. I lavish my underwear with it and it wafts up under my skirt or from my jeans ALL DAY LONG. Even after I can't smell it anymore on myself, others comment that I smell enchanting. So what will you gather from my comments? I love it. Will you? Depends on you.

nyoka
nyoka

THis is a Jewel!THe lily is fresh,springlike and powdery.THe amber seems to b of the white type.Soft but still there thru out.THis shows me where the gold comes from.strong and stable.Good fora golden night on the town! Not one of her best,but good.

guest_Amélie
guest_Amélie

This was a blind purchase. I had read Luca Turin's review and since I love the smell of lilies I decided to give it a try.
It is much heavier than the sort of perfume I usually wear, but I like it. The top notes are a bit too strong for me, and they have something cheap about them (synthetic ingredients?), but I love the sweet, warm lily-amber notes that follow. Like a huge bunch of flowers under a scorching sun.
For me it's an evening fragrance only!

millan
millan

I bought this one and I dont know if the bottle had gone bad. But it stinks ,I mean It smells like a few days old poop!!! I mean it. My friend smell it on herself and said the same thing.

floriana
floriana

Amazing composition of lily and black locust. So unusual, interest and verry well balanced scent.
In opening smell strong jasmin and cloves mix with green lily. After ten minutes smell simphony of one of the most beautiful lily scent ever.
In the same time innocent and pure, opulent and rich.
Verry lily, realy lily. And very authentic.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I love lilies, so I can't help but like this scent. Is sweet and clean, much less spicy than some of my other lily scents. Not quite as good to me as Lys Carmin but along the same lines. It doesn't like to stay on my skin. I can no longer smell it after a couple hours. Thank you to the generous member for the sample!

delphine67
delphine67

I bought this one blindly without sniffing first. Yukk big mistake. Tuberose or Lily. I hate it. such a awfull scent it really makes me nauseus

Sissi
Sissi

the opening has a mossy gardenia note wet white lillies the drydown is a bit
spicy with the clove note and there's
a bit of amber brings an earthy sensuality in this fragrance the identical sister to kenneth cole new york but less creamier.

the flacon reminds me of sparkling
gold champaigne imagining floating
and swimming around inside the bottle

goldust
over your hair over the bed the floors
the walls and you roll across the bedroom floor or going to a sultan's
palace made of pure flawless gold.

sky76sky
sky76sky

It reminds me of the golden murano glass beads I used to make a gilded necklace for a refined blonde "lady-of-a-certain-age" to remind her of her holidays in Venice.

Translucent, ozone-rich, sparkling, well-crafted, bold... so crisp it would shatter on your marble floors & a thousand glittery jewels would adorn your tanned skin.

A white lily in bloom. Moneyed, soapy, rich & full...this scent symbolises luxury & warmth with a cool reserve. I, too, find the cucumber-fresh note present - watery, clean, delicately green.

I shouldn't like Gold - it is on the brink of turning my stomach & giving me a headache - but I have really enjoyed testing this scent. White-hot white gold...needs a certain air to wear it. Give me a couple of years & a few thousand pounds...

katyas
katyas

I received a sample from a nice lady on the list here and just LOVE it. Now here is the crazy part - on me, this smells like carnations - that sweet/spicy scent just like carnations. It is a moderately heavy scent, so just a little bit will last for hours. This one is definitely going on my "must have" list! Perfect for spring and summer, 'tis true - but also for during the winter when you want a taste of summer to get you buy during the cold and damp! Just yummy.

lady*leighton
lady*leighton

Read great reviews about DK Gold and decided to buy it. To my great regret. Sorry, ladies, but the overwhelming blanket of lilies and white flowers does not quite manage to cover the peppery civet notes (yes, civet, on me at least, even though of course it is not in the fragrance notes). I totally understand why someone mentioned salami. The combination of the glamorous flowers with the "dirtiness" (perhaps my body chemistry hated it) is sometimes ephemically fantastic in niche perfumes. Here, it became a scrubber and a giveaway to Mom.

belletresor
belletresor

Agree with most postings here....the most dominant note is lily, followed by warm, rich amber base. Extremely FEMININE and totally sophisticated....IMHO it's kind of heavy, probably too much for office wear, but very nice for an evening out or on the weekend - lunch with the girls, theater, museum, etc.

You will definitely find this to be a unique fragrance.

weegee
weegee

Does with lily what Fracas does with gardenia and tuberose. This is lily ascended like the Kismet song says, "out of the commonplace & into the rare". The edp with the gorgeous gold panels on 2 sides of the bottle is a thick elixir of the gods.

Close your eyes, inhale deeply and you'll find yourself reaching to brush the lily pollen off the tip of your nose. This isn't precious metal gold. This is the gold of early morning sunshine sparkling on beads of dew on pure white Casablanca lily blossoms. LOTS & LOTS of lily blossoms. TONS of lily blossoms. Wonderful depth, lasting power (8+ hours) & sillage. Warms on the skin; you'll be sniffing down your own blouse all day long as the sweet bite of cloves and hot buzz of a bee caught in amber take turns dancing with and warming up the lilies.

om
om

My vision of gold smell would be: sparkle, shiny and cool at the same time. From this perfume I clearly get first two qualities, but coolness I percieve very strange here - could say "cucumbery", which for me is smell of vegetables, but not of gold;)

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

On me it's a cocktail of a sweet and sour apple, some mint and... some tuberose notes which are not mentioned there, but I think the components mixture make it. Fresh on the top, but not that nasty citrus freshness, but the cold mint freshness that I like.

Blissful80
Blissful80

Im just going to get to the point without all the fancy discriptions...I just recently bought this perfume without even smelling it and I think it smells amazing! Everytime I buy a perfume that everyone gives bad reviews on, it always smells wonderful...and if I buy the perfume everyone says it smells soo good, it smells terrible...lol this fragrance is far from being or smelling like it's for a older or "old" woman if thats how you want to put it. I'm 29 and it smells wonderful on me. It might not go with everyones skin chemistry, because it smells amazing on me and last and lasts for hours and gets better as it wears off. Also my boyfriend REALLY LOVES it too! Good job DKNY!!! Gold smells just as amazing as Cashmire Mist does.

rithacha
rithacha

I expected to like this because I love the smell of lilies in nature, but I was let down. It's not too bad a fragrance, I suppose, but just not my cup of tea.

Oh yes, the lily is there, but it's hidden in a cloud of cloves/patchouli. If you can't tolerate cloves, don't bother with this perfume. The spices that add the oriental edge kill the lily, IMHO. The overall smell is artificial and forced. Not fresh, but smells dated, even though the combination is very modern and unconventional. Difficult to describe.

Decent lasting power with tremendous sillage. Distinctive and memorable. Not my type, though.

One final comment - I expected a golden fragrance from this. Noooo this isn't golden, not to me anyway. Where's the warmth? The richness? The opulence? To my nose, this scent is cold. It would have made more sense to name this one "Metal."

I am enjoying Donna Karan Gold quite a bit. It has proven itself to be a beautifully composed floral with warm spices and ambery goodness.

The scent is actually rather light which may be my only gripe with this fragrance. When I think gold, I think extravagance. Boldness, richness, sensuality, attention, extreme pride and dominance. Donna Karan's Gold is a little too much on the quiet side, a little like copper to me, not gold.

But casting all opinions aside, this fragrance is indeed glamorous and elegant. The lily in Gold is very dominant and feminine. The amber, cloves and patchouli only add to this fragrance's warmth and prevent the lily note from smelling too fresh and watery.

The pretty floral softness of this scent would suit a blushing bride on her wedding day or compliment a sweet and innocent blonde in a pretty, floral-printed sundress. Donna Karan Gold is reserved and lady-like, not at all raunchy or seductive.

The complexity and fantastic sillage has me wound up in its spell. I really do love this scent although lily isn't one of my favourite notes. My cousin actually wore this on her wedding day along with a bouquet of rare white lillies. She loved the flower so much that she named her first born daughter Lily. I'm certain this fragrance will always be a staple in her collection.

sharyssa
sharyssa

This doesn't smell good at all,I sampled it at Marshalls and it is heavy thick and it sticks to the skin.It smells sweet and woodsy kind of gross.It smells very similar to Elizabeth Taylor's Black Pearls that thick sweet gross scent.Something isn't blended well in this it is not fresh and when I sprayed it on I felt disgusting.I really don't like this scent.

Persephone
Persephone

What a wild combination - white lily and salami. My favorite flower, but unfortunately I prefer my sausage on my plate. If not for a very aggressive amber note, DK Gold (edp) should really be called Platinum - it's a heady white fragrance, not modern at all, something Lauren Bacall would wear back in the day. It's different and an interesting addition to my collection.

I'm sure I have smelt something like this before,though I can't name it now.by the way the name of perfume matches exactly the smelling.maybe that's why it reminds me of Hugo xx and roberto cavali Serpentine.but it's different from both of these golden perfumes.in fact it richer and more floral.
definitely it has lily and much more white flowers.but it's also sweet,without being gourmand.this is how it smells for 5-10 minutes after applying.
then the cloves appear.it smells somehow like green perfumes and the patchouli becomes even stronger.this is where it makes me sick.this kind of oriental flowers doesn't mix well with cloves note.
it smells classic and somehow old fashioned.I guess it's a good gift for a woman in her 40s and very suitable for special occasions.it goes well with a glamorous shining night dress and remember that cloves are symbol of luckiness...

belle de sud
belle de sud

Just as it is named! Gold - heavy, rich and opulent! Gold is gilded lilies in a bed of amber and patchouli, lasts for hours and I agree is best suited for evening or high level business wear. Perfect for the self confident woman "of a certain age" - such as moi!
Instant love here and I love the beautiful flacon as well.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Never were really interested in DK Gold, but since it has so interesting and original packaging (gold metal plates and wooden cap)I decided to give it a try.

At first few seconds it was totally floral and not what I expected. I expected really woody something, but got loud floral instead. I decided I like it and even considered if I should put it on my wish list.

After 6 minutes or so I started thinking that Gold is soo familiar to me... wait..
.. I could hear a sugared flower with thick white petals swaying with funny squeaky sound on wind. Those readers who read reviews regularly will guess that it should smell 1 in 1 with Michael by Michael Kors.

But that's not just it. It would had been a great disappointment and 'what the heck' if it should stay just like that. Later appears amber, cloves, some herbal nuance there, woods here. Woods are great. I can imagine old wooden furniture or something. Just imagine, it doesn't smell like furniture lol.

So, I highly recommend this one. Maybe not exactly for me (I guess I will be getting Michael for myself :P), but this is very good one.

magie
magie

this perfume smells woodsy at first,like sandalwood? then after a half an hour I can smell pepper,(must be the white clove),and jasmine. After a couple of hours it becomes smooth and creamy,delicious. It also last for several hours.

ruxxy
ruxxy

Ohh! Lovely fragrance! Thanks a lot Darlingbuds for the sample! The first impression is of a creamy, fluid and fresh lily, with hints of banana-the real thing, not ripe, but right out of the fridge(not similar to Sicily at all). I think there's some patchouli too.

As the time passes, I can smell a bit of warm jasmine, but near the same big, sap-filled lily. At this point I notice some similarities with "Life Circle Sap" from Oriflame, which is said to smell like linden. The base consists of waves of more freshness, gravitating around the white flower in the center.

Some time ago I received a white lily bath foam and, eager to try it, it smelled like...nothing, just some powdery neutral chemicals; it made me think that this flower is used in perfumes just to add up to the quantity. Silly me! I really like "Gold" because DK managed to turn the anonymous lily into a star!

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

Something about this perfume reminds me a lot of Clinique Happy. Except it is a bit warmer, which i like. The lily jasmine and cloves come out strongest. It is very smooth smelling. I could almost describe it as being creamy, but it still keeps it light and fresh with the floral notes. This perfume, to me, feels like a sweet breeze of lily, jasmine, and amber!

I am very partial to strong florals. Some may find it too strongly smelling of flowers. I could definitely see how it could give some people headaches.

I also can see why some may say it is better suited for the more mature woman, but i am 19 and i really like this fragrance!
Being young though i would probably wear it on nights out, while i think it would be nice on a more mature woman all day long... I am slightly jealous as i say that! :P

x

falovalo
falovalo

When I put this on, I instantly smelled No.2 wooden pencils. Very shocking! I expected it to be some sort of opulent floral, but all I got was wood shavings.

thegirlsapearl
thegirlsapearl

so utterly gorgeous - i fell in love with this fragrance immediately, and it always attracts compliments from all and sundry when I wear it. It's delicious, fresh, feminine. My favourite DK fragrance!!

Lacrymosa
Lacrymosa

I am relieved that I gave this scent a third chance after disliking it at first try. When initially sampled this I swore I smelled banana and I scrubbed.

I was so wrong ,and I had disobeyed my cardinal rule of never going by opening notes!

At my third attempt I let it go to heart and base notes and am I ever glad I did, it was lilies , lilies and more lilies and it did something that Lutens Un Lys does not do - it stayed lily and did not turn into a sweet vanilla concoction ( I love Un Lys , but I do get depressed when the lilies fade).

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

It is one of the most elegant and well-balanced “golden” scents I’ve ever tried. Very gentle oriental floral. It doesn’t scream: Gold, but just means it. The white lily which I normally don’t like is quite agreeable to my taste here and amber doesn’t show off in general chorus.

It is interesting to compare relatively new “golden” scents and to detect the difference in perception. From my point of view 8 88 by Comme des Garcons is associated with strength of character and intellectual side of the capital. 1 million by Paco Rabanne reflects noveau riche features to me. Gold by Donna Karan definitely seems to be old money that makes you expect good breeding and refined manners to be attached.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Casablanca lilies.. I just adore lily, but most lily in perfumes is rather light or so powerful that it mimics lily pollen. They don't capture the beauty and sexiness of the flower like in Gold. It's an impressive blend with lily, balsam and amber. It seems simple, but everything compliments and builds into something grand and complex. It's completely elegant. Just because it has white florals, don't count it out as being heavy. It lingers on skin, but is not overwhelming. I like the wood, metal, and glass bottle. I'm in my 20's and I don't believe perfume has an age, although I prefer to wear this in the Winter or at night. Chemistry is a key element with all perfume, but I've evolved beyond a fruity floral/candy scent and prefer perfumes that took some genius to create. Update: 11/27/11 I recently started wearing it again because it was lost among my collection. It's so interesting! A mystery to the nose. Then just today I read an interview with the Beauty Director of W magazine, Jane Larkworthy, and I spied it in her perfume collection. I loved seeing that! It sort of backs up my opinion of the perfume.

guest_istraonline
guest_istraonline

Many patchouli at start (adore it), wet earth, warm ditch-water of rain-forest, and then....drydown remind me Chanel 5, but not so dry, more vital and feminine.

ktv0926
ktv0926

I fell in love with it the moment I tried it - I couldn't think of any other fragrance to compare it with. It is beautiful and unique, I think I won't forget this scent ever. And I agree with some other comments here - it smells expensive, I wear it only for some special occasions, when I'm fully dressed up!
However, I should mention that almost none of my friends liked this fragrance. Well, I agree this scent won't appeal to everybody.

Update 01/06/10: I've had this frag for almost a year now and should confess, though I thought I loved it in the beginning - our relationship didn't work out. I haven't even used half a bottle of it. Each time I had to choose a perfume, I wouldn't feel like wearing Gold. Don't know why, really.

DeLizious
DeLizious

I just bought it yesterday, and already had 2 remarks that I smell like flowers, nice, but maybe I have to spray a little bit less tomorrow!

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

The perfect scent for special occasions - it smells really glamorous and expensive. The combination of white flowers and intensive amber is very well balanced and the staying power is exceptional. A great signature frangrance - you cannot mistake it for any other.

Leesee
Leesee

When I first encountered this scent drifting atop a magazine tear-out I was struck by how much it reminded me of Chanel No. 22 -- a plush, spicy, floral. Subsequent testings of Gold have obliterated the No. 22 references to a certain extent, but what I initially found so exciting and alluring is really just a competent floriental, neither ordinary enough to completely overlook, nor extraordinary enough to lust after.

Malegria
Malegria

Very Lily.Very cloying.At first - a big flowerbed of floxes.Lily doesn`t come to mind right away... but then it dominates, and quite agressively too.Gave me a headache.After a while became very similar to Eau de Lalique, only heavier.
Unlike in Lalique, there`s no freshness, no breeze from the lake and the amber does not make it any easier on the nose.

Moszatka
Moszatka

It's a cool, elegant and long lasting fragrance. It is perfect for going to cinema or theatre, and wedding party.

Marianne
Marianne

It reminds me of Pur desir de Lys of Yves Rocher. It's just a bit darker and not that one-sided.

solocha
solocha

It is truly a scent of a woman going for a glamorous glittery event, somehow it evokes gold, therefore the name is very apt. It would suit a rather self-confident mature, not necessarily older woman. I can smell green plants, strong iris tones and flowers from swampy areas. An interesting scent but it doesn't meet everyone's taste.

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

Remind me of L'instant by Guerlain, but less sickening.
Suitable for mature women at gala dinner. It bring the aura of independent succesfull woman.

jeca
jeca

This is a very beautiful perfume with to dominants: lily and amber. It is heady, intensive, very rich, out of modern trends...
I smell white lily with greenness in the very heart, with gold amber, which is so intensive especially after three-four hours.

Donna Karan Gold by Donna Karan 3.34 out of 5 based on 538 ratings and 121 user reviews

Eau De Parfum 1oz
DONNA KARAN GOLD for WOMEN by Donna Karan EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ UNBOXED
DONNA KARAN GOLD for WOMEN by Donna Karan EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ UNBOXED
DONNA KARAN GOLD for WOMEN by Donna Karan EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
DONNA KARAN GOLD for WOMEN by Donna Karan EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
DONNA KARAN GOLD for WOMEN by Donna Karan EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
DONNA KARAN GOLD for WOMEN by Donna Karan EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
Donna Karan Gold Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Women
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Donna Karan Gold Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Donna Karan Gold Perfume by Donna Karan, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
DONNA KARAN GOLD for WOMEN by Donna Karan EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
DONNA KARAN GOLD for WOMEN by Donna Karan EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Donna Karan Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan Donna Karan Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Donna Karan Gold by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Donna Karan Gold by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.