Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Donna Karan Gold Sparkling Donna Karan for women

Donna Karan Gold Sparkling Donna Karan for women
dislike

Donna Karan Gold Sparkling Donna Karan for women Pictures

Donna Karan Gold Sparkling by Donna Karan is a Floral fragrance for women. Donna Karan Gold Sparkling was launched in 2008. The fragrance features black locust, amber, patchouli, berry fruits, citruses, jasmine, white carnation and lilac.

Black locust Amber Patchouli Berry Fruits Citruses Jasmine White Carnation Lilac

Donna Karan Gold
Flora Bella

Donna Karan Gold Sparkling Fragrance Reviews

Maodo
Maodo

Lily indeed, I totally agree on this with Jillita. Can you image it is not even listed?!

Gold Sparkling is a very floral, fresh, light, airy and 'sparkling' fragrance that cools you when the weather is warm.

Jillita
Jillita

This was sold to me as OG -- or original Gold, but based on the bottle it's Gold Sparkling. I'll happily overlook, because this scent is stunning either way. If you like the aldehyde and grassy greens of a Balenciaga, like the classic Prelude, and a very pure and prominent Stargazer Lily, and an Opium like clove and myrrh, with an extremely sexy soft patchouli basenote, well this is your stop on the line. I am floored by the perfect lily. It's so faithful to its natural master I could swear it's an essential oil. Lily's far and away the main theme of this scent, so if you don't like Stargazer Lily stay very far and away. Lily is the dom, and then you have her subordinates of certain spring and fall notes, diametrically opposed, with sparkling greens and fresh notes, mowed grass under morning dew, counterbalanced by mulling spices. There is a medicinal Band-Aid floating somewhere in there, perhaps carnation and pepper. Jasmine makes an appearance, but lily overpowers all. I love this on me so much I am tempted to go out and buy every single bottle in existence. It's a '70s disco lady floral, also '80s shoulder-pad bold, and it's sexy for the evening -- an all-purpose, ultra-feminine floral. I think it's under-sung as a fragrance. I think the name Gold is misleading. It should be, simply: Donna Karan Lily.

Amanda_Santana
Amanda_Santana

I bought this as a blind buy and it did not work on my skin. I am allergic to the main accord, Lily, which should have been a tip off, but I guess it was an off day for me!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Another blind buy. Although not listed I get lots of violets or/and violet leaves.

This is a nice warm oriental however the violet leaves are overwelming to me.. VERY GREEN.. if that works for you this would be great, unfortunately greens turn very sour on my acidic skin..

I'm not saying this is a bad scent just bad on me.

HEAVY sillage and even after scrubbing it off hours ago I can still smell it lightly 12 hrs later

admiferdus
admiferdus

blind buy....not like it the smell make me like yukssss....someone wanna to trade with me???

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

blind buy goes wrong...smells like cucumber with watermelons...too light for an Opium woman.

Nannerlh
Nannerlh

This has become my signature fragrance; beating out Arpege.

jmbmars
jmbmars

I actually like DK Gold Sparkling. It smells a lot better than the Gold. It's light, flowery, and at a good price $8.55 for 1.7 oz.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Donna Karan Gold Sparkling smells like tree bark and dirt! There is nothing "sparkling" about this fragrance. Glad to have gotten rid of my bottle! Dislike!

glitterlust
glitterlust

I was expecting this to be quite removed from the original but found a lot of the same things going on.

This is less sweet as there is a tiny little citrus in the opening. The black locust and lily notes are still most prominent here. It lacks the pollen and spiciness of the orignal as well as the heavy base. All in all it is very linear but in a good way. It has refreshing wetness to it, not aquatic but damp.

I am impressed at how strong the scent it. It lasts most of the day witha few sprays and the sillage is just enough to remind you it's there thoughout the day.

aditika
aditika

Well I received my 30ml EDT version of it today and was so excited to try it, but.... what a disappointment!! I expected bright florals with some fruity notes, but I believe Gold stands true to it's name. All the flowers smelled very "gold" to me. What I mean is, 'floral' in Gold is quiet heavy and little clogging. I found it very very similary to YSL Cinema EDP and Adidas floral dreams (I own both of them as well). So, unfortunately I have 3 frags now which I don't like as such anymore. May be my taste got changed over the years??

Donna Karan Gold Sparkling is a warm floral scent and if you have YSL Cinema there is no need to get this one. I will be keeping it for my collection, but nothing too special about it to me (maybe because I own 2 other frgs similar to it)

P.S. this was a blind buy.

akats
akats

I had tested the DNK Gold edp, and I liked its creamy white florals, gentle, fresh, almost green. I did not found it after some months, so I bought finally the edt gold sparkling, without testing it first. I expected to be citrus (from the name ...sparkling!) and so it is. Well, it was a nice surprise for me. Of coarse it is not fresh creamy floral from the very beginning, but it becomes at its dry down, when all the sourness has been faded. Yes, it starts strong lemony, turns a bit spicy, and remains opulent, floral and creamy as well. Nice scent for Spring and Summer. Not something unique and unforgetable, yet complex, and well done. A comfortable, and feminine smell that it uplifts the senses also.

ninavillager
ninavillager

Smells like ylang ylang to me..celestial to me. This is dark and warm and I really like it.

BitterGrace61
BitterGrace61

Very pretty floral/citrus with some earthiness in the base. I love the original Gold in both EDP and EDT, and while Sparkling lacks the punch of those two, I don't find it bland or insipid. It's a grown-up fragrance for warm weather and those occasions when you don't want a powerful scent. Unlike others here, I DO get a touch of lily with this, although the citrus is very prominent. Happily, I don't get the berry note at all (not a fan of berries).

I love D Karan Gold both the edp and edt.I needed time to get to fall in love with those two - no sweet notes at all, a bit heavy, and a bit dark. Gold Sparkling however is great not so dark, easy to wear and very longlasting - yet sparkling is gold - very similar but lighter and easier. Absolute favourite!

Jag älskar D Karan Gold -både EdP och EdT. Jag behövde massor av tid för att falla för dessa, de är inte enkla att bära - inga söta noter alls utan lite tung och mörk i sin doftkombination. Gold Sparkling är lättare, ljusare och lite mer blommig än Gold - lättare att bära - ändå är denna likadan som Gold men bara med en liten twist. En storfavorit!

Vamy69
Vamy69

Thank you Jillzilla for sending me a sample of this. Your review hit it right on the head so there is not much more I can say about this. The opening is pretty strong but it does die down after the first few minutes. For some reason I am also smelling a cedar type note as well. It is a very earthy scent. Not bad!

maltatude
maltatude

The first thing I get is the jasmine... its subtle enough... but the thing with this kind of fragrance... i don't like that old school 80s floral thing... it's a classic style fragrance, not too overpowering. its worth sampling first... i wouldn't mind it on someone in their 40s onwards, just because it reminds me of that generation of perfume consumers.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

It has a very wet, slightly earthy quality to it...not like a damp mossy forest floor, more like the smell of a summer downpour in the backwoods of Michigan, and a bouquet of lilies that has been left out in the rain. It is one of the few perfumes that evokes strong images for me.

The style of the perfume reminds me of Bvlgari Blv II. It's more about water than about fruits and flowers, but the whole composition comes together to create a fresh, watery feeling that is easy to enjoy.

Fabulous onset of crisp, sparkling citrus, just wonderful, but it continues to dry down into a sort of scented hair spray scent, complete with the harsh notes of lacquer. Didn't work on me in the end, but the onset was gorgeous.

katyas
katyas

Sparkling Gold is for those days when you want a lighter scent than Gold; it is a lighter floral scent, with a sweet beginning and earthy end. I love both versions of the Gold fragrance - the original and this one - and find them useful for different situations - Gold for when I want a stronger statement and Sparkling when I want something light.

Aysu
Aysu

Previously I tried DKNY Gold and found an odd note especially at the beginning, something smells like cucumber. That weird note is not present in this Sparkling version and I loved it.

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

This is a light, inoffensive fragrance that I like to wear to work in the spring and summer months. As weegee said, it's very light and it will disappear quickly. I think it lasts about an hour or two on me. I see that it as fruit notes in it, but it's not a fruity-floral. It's a super soft floral that is an easy choice - it could go dressy with heels and a skirt or casual flip flops and shorts days.
One last note, don't pay more than $20 for a bottle of this... eBay always has bottles for cheap. I got my 3.4 oz bottle for $10 shipped. Looking at the bottom of the page, some websites are selling the 1.7 oz version for almost $50! Don't waste your money on that!

NatWeb
NatWeb

I like this - it's very floral and packs a bit of a punch. A great fragrance for a wedding, garden party, etc. It's not a frivolous or juvenile scent but you had better like flowers!

weegee
weegee

Casablanca lily is the most prominent ingredient in DK's Gold, there is virtually none here in Gold Sparkling. If you do, indeed, love Casablanca lily, do not buy Sparkling as you'll be very disappointed.

Sparkling also has no clove which is a prominent note in Gold. Instead of those 2 glorious ingredients, here you'll find a pale lilac, barely-there carnation and some insipid "citruses" diluted by an amorphous mixed berry fizz.

DK's Gold has substance & backbone; it's bold and long-lasting. Sparkling is, in fact both very light and airy and it disappears entirely shortly after application.

If you hate Gold you might just love Sparkling. But if you love Gold don't buy Sparkling hoping for the same only a bit lighter - Sparkling is a horse of a different color -- silver maybe. There is no gold here, sparkling or otherwise.

Donna Karan Gold Sparkling by Donna Karan 3.46 out of 5 based on 93 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Donna Karan Gold Sparkling fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan Donna Karan Gold Sparkling, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Donna Karan Gold Sparkling by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Donna Karan Gold Sparkling by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.