Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Essence Labdanum Donna Karan for women

Essence Labdanum Donna Karan for women
dislike

leather
Essence Labdanum Donna Karan for women Pictures Essence Labdanum Donna Karan for women Pictures Essence Labdanum Donna Karan for women Pictures

Essence Labdanum by Donna Karan is a Oriental fragrance for women. Essence Labdanum was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux. The fragrance features french labdanum, green notes, leather and musk.

French labdanum Green Notes Leather Musk

Black Cashmere
Ambra

Essence Labdanum Fragrance Reviews

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I love it, it's soft and very feminine. The opening is my favorite part, it truly smells like my orthodox church insense. I wish it stayed like that, because this is the most gorgeous phase. From then in it goes down hill a little.... middle is beautiful, resinous, although not as stunning as the opening. The drydown on my skin is a tad strange, pure leather, even sweaty leather. Not bad, only very different than the top notes, not what I expected.
I find the bottle very classy and attractive. The silage is rather soft, it should have had more guts, but the perfume compensates with a good lasting power.
My overall vote goes for thumbs up, it is indeed unique and gorgeous, I haven't smells anything like it before. And no it has no resemblance with the Labdanum from L'occitane, which is the only other labdanum I am familiar with.

Eurochic
Eurochic

In one word: church incense (ok, 2 words!).
Since I was a kid, I loved the smell of church incense and everyone thought I was weird. That's fine by me. But I have to admit, I never thought the day would come that I would wear church incense ON me. Well, this is it: it opens with a serious blast of that nostril stinging, sharp church incense. Wow! This lasts for a pretty long time, then finally dries down to something softer, if I sniff really hard I might get the leather note, but it's very well hidden. Am I intrigued? Oh yes! Would I buy a full bottle? hmmmm, not sure. If it came in a 10~15ml size, maybe, just for the fun of having such a different scent in my collection and to layer it with other perfumes.

phoebemoonpie
phoebemoonpie

I hate this time of year. Everything is parched. Leaves look dingy, the sky is tarnished with an unsavory haze, my garden is over the hill, the only plants that catch my eye are ugly weeds.

The dry creaking of cicadas, my irritability, the sense of pending fire … even the vultures are sneaking away from here.

And the dry, acrid smell of the dusty cistus shrubs next to the pigeon loft.

Those shrubs are choked with pitch that smells …

Just like this fragrance, which I own.

Why do I own it when I dislike the time of year it so strongly evokes for me? I think that one reason I am so enamored of fragrances is that they bring me in line with primal things, like the change of seasons.

I tested other labdanum fragrances which were more pretty by far, but I had to have this one. It represents this time of year perfectly for me.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

A beautiful perfume, and almost pure labdanum, unadorned with other incense ingredients. It has a smell of wood shavings, but an exotic wood ?hinoki cypress, not just pine. There is an element of smoke as well, but it doesn't smell like burning wood to my nose. My only criticism of this perfume is that it doesn't last terribly long on my skin. 8.5/10.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I wonder why Donna Karan stopped making good perfumes and turned to the DKNY line of mediocre (at best) commercial fragrances. Labdanum is one of the older, good perfumes. It actually smells like labdanum - what a wonderful surprise! It also smells like smoky incense-infused leather.

The scent starts out mostly as labdanum unadorned and stays that way for the better part of an hour, after which it transitions into a burnt wood and incense scent. I really like the combination of labdanum, wood smoke, and incense. This isn’t the very best labdanum I’ve ever smelled, but it’s pleasant and natural, softened with traces of other notes.

I wonder how I would react to this perfume if I didn’t use pure labdanum in my own perfumes. I’d probably love it with a passion. As it is, the DK version seems quite tame, a labdanum for those who don’t like to get too far out there with their perfumes, but do want something out of the box and very different from the mainstream.

In my experience, labdanum is a love-it-or hate-it note, so that’s how it likely will be for anyone who tries this creation. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to avoid the usual florals, and especially to anyone who loves the scent of labdanum.

I'm not too familiar with particular resins and their scents, so discovering Donna Karan's Essence collection has managed to broaden my horizons in terms of recognizing certain notes.

Essence Labdanum is quite an interesting and simplistic fragrance. I would define this fragrance as being very unisex and rich. It has a lovely, smooth and spicy leather quality with a subtle touch of sweetness.

Ambery in nature, Essence Labdanum, (while very linear), is beautiful when layered with other amber-based scents or anything really. On its own it smells woody and leathery, however when blended Essence Labdanum has an interesting smoky incense quality that comes to the fore.

This fragrance tends to remind me of the Middle East, somewhere exotic and culturally rich. The lasting power is not bad, lasting at least six hours, and longer when layered. The sillage is only moderate however.

I do believe this same fragrance was released in a body lotion and a candle, which intrigues me greatly. Having a home that smells like this beautiful fragrance would be breath-taking.

Essence Labdanum by Donna Karan 4.41 out of 5 based on 62 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Essence Labdanum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan Essence Labdanum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Essence Labdanum by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Essence Labdanum by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.