Designers » D E » Woody « Groups

Essence Wenge Donna Karan for women

Essence Wenge Donna Karan for women
dislike

Essence Wenge Donna Karan for women Pictures Essence Wenge Donna Karan for women Pictures Essence Wenge Donna Karan for women Pictures

Essence Wenge by Donna Karan is a Woody fragrance for women. Essence Wenge was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux.

Black Cashmere
Smart
Oliban
Sale Perfume 01
Les 4 Saisons: Black Sea

Essence Wenge Fragrance Reviews

raw umber
raw umber

Wenge opens like eggnog as others have mentioned, but the boozy vanillic nutmeg quickly gives way to a slightly salty and smooth balmy dark wood. This is a very dry and airy scent slightly sweet wood scent. Meditative and subtle.

Maybe like a highly polished antique ebony wood that you can only smell when you put your nose close. Dries down into a natural and very expensive wood scent. Unusual but definitely wearable and welcoming. Thanks to Vie Cafe for the chance to try this dark and spicy, understated beauty.

Gabriellitjie
Gabriellitjie

Wenge is lovely, enticing, beautiful - and just as discontinued as Black Cashmere, its twin sister. They are both of the delectable, (think Morticia Addams)sinister frankincense variety, mysterious and alluring. And worlds away from any variety of the Be Delicious, which to my mind lack personality. Bring back the mystery, Donna Karan, please!

judyk
judyk

Wenge appears to be Black Cashmere stripped of its flowers. I get smoked amber, which I'm guessing is the interplay of sandalwood and amber, vanilla and a lot of nutmeg. The combination gives it quite a boozy quality.

I must admit I don't care for Wenge. As much as I love nutmeg (bring on the eggnog!), I'm not enjoying it here. Fortunately, I only have a small sample - if I had a bottle I'd definitely be digging around for something lighter to layer it with.

That said, I've got Black Cashmere on my other wrist and, while it is a lot fresher, now that I'm smelling the two together I realise that I don't really like BC either. All of the above + saffron and carnation = Odd. I prefer the Wenge.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

This fragrance ticks all below
balmy

the minute I got this and had my first sniff I knew I had smelled a similar scent and one I had to find from my collection and it didnt take long for me to figure out-Baldessarini's Strictly Private for men.some reviewers see that as a unisex smell so on that basis I will think this can be worn by men.
This is linear,long lasting but unfortunately if oversprayed,can be unappealing.very ideal for cold nites or days.I am not wowed as I see it as not unique and am not fond of it.will gladly swap or sell but it's a good scent and will be great on a woman
I will agree with those who think this will be more appealing if layered with the right scent for a desired effect.dont think I will be reaching for this again to do that experiment.

Pari88
Pari88

Enticing. This smells almost exactly like Black Cashmere. I recieved a small sample from a generous swapper and sprayed it immediatley, only because I had never heard of it "Wenge". I thought, "oh she must've meant black cashmere". It is a tad more creamy and feminine then Black Cashmere, I get more amber and incense then dry spices. It is so comforting and warm. I like it alot. Where Black Cashmere is an Arabian Nights fragrance, this one is more of a City Gal on the prowl. Great for cold city nights and of course, snuggling.

tbozzo
tbozzo

I agree with missk, this reminds one of an Ava Luxe wood (she does woods so beautifully.) I get No. 23 without the florals. This is comforting and lovely on it's own. I imagine wearing on a day when I am in the mood to feel clean and relaxed. I could also get into layering with some heavy florals to lighten them up (Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia comes to mind) or a wonderful simple vanilla like L'Aromarine Vanille to make an interesting cosy combo. Simply lovely and FB worthy!

jasmayer
jasmayer

This is so soft and warm, but confident rather than shy. I can imagine it as unisex, but when I wear it, I feel very feminine. It makes me feel rather like the stereotype of the sexy librarian - intelligent and strong, but lets her hair down when it's appropriate. This quality makes me feel able to wear it in almost any situation - a meeting at the kids' school, date night with the husband, or just for myself.

It is sweet but not in a fruity or sugary way. Not remotely floral, either. It is warm soft woods and bits of vanilla and clove, to me. I've been searching for a fragrance like this for a long time, on the feminine side of unisex, and just...warm.

prot72
prot72

One of the most sensual fragrances I found. Very deep and relaxing. It is not screaming at all, nothing loud or overwhelming. Just simplicity and relax. I really enjoy this masterpiece. To my mind comes nice moments when I’m happy and I feel safe. The wood is warm here, extremely cozy, same as in Bois Blond by Parfumerie Generale. In my opinion Wenge for most people can be recognize as fall or winter fragrance, but I think it will work during the summer as well, especially during romantic evenings. When I’m sniffing Wenge the first what I want to do is to go to silent warm place and enjoy my book reading or listening to a beautiful cozy music.

AmberLove
AmberLove

I recently bought a bottle of this, unsniffed. As I read that it was very much like Black Cashmere by Donna Karan, only softer. Now I had written a review about Black Cashmere a while ago in which I stated that I liked it, but its not for me...as I felt that the woodsy notes were very dominating and there was missing something in my opinion...
I am more and more loving woodsy scents lately, so I tried the BC again on my wrist, and I really liked it.But again I felt there was missing a note...which I found in DK Essence Wenge.
I totally agree that this reminds very much of BC,in fact, I believe its a little sister of BC. Its for me very much easier to wear. There is indeed something that makes it softer and a tiny bit sweet...maybe a small amount of vanilla...Woods, incense and spices are the main characters in this adventure.

I did layer it with 2 different perfumes,both from YR.
Tendre Jasmin and Orchidee. It gave them both a boost, TJ smellt more seductive and it gave Orchidee a more adventurous touch.
Wearing it on its own is nice too, but only limited to colder weather. I must say the scent lingers for a very long time but close to the skin.
I am very happy with this scent as with this I can still enjoy the nice smell of BC but in a much softer way. I am so much willing to try the Labdanum version of Essence...
Overall a beautiful composition in an exclusive packaging!

magda14012
magda14012

I am currently testing this perfum from a sample. It is a simple, linear scent, nevertheless very beautiful. On my skin on top of woodsy notes, there is some vanilla nad dark chocolate, too. It is very comfortable, zen scent that makes you relax, lay back and enjoy its simplicity. Perfect for cold season to give comfort and wrap you in its subtle warmth, like cashmere.

From what I can tell, Essence Wenge is the big favourite from this series. I can certainly see why.

This is a lovely interpretation of wenge, an African wood. It comes across as a beautiful, soft and creamy blend of sandalwood, spices and soothing vanilla.

I do believe that the whole series is intended to be unisex, so I'm a little unsure as to why it is listed as a feminine scent here.

This fragrance reminded me of Woodhue by Ava Luxe in some ways. They are both delicate woody scents with a subtle, sweet creaminess and a hint of smoke. Some people vehemently state that Essence Wenge is very much like a softer Black Cashmere, however I find this fragrance less dark and more vanillary.

I have also heard people likening this fragrance to being gourmand, mostly vanilla and hot chocolate. I get dusty woods, a hint of smoky incense and the slightest touch of vanilla. As strange as it may sound, Essence Wenge, for me, is a refreshing woodsy scent.

The lasting power is fairly good and the same could be said for the sillage. I haven't had the chance to layer this fragrance with anything as of yet, but I am eager to.

If you don't like sandalwood, steer clear. Warm vanilla and of course Wenge, which is a form of Sandalwood, I understand, in a dark powerful scent. Since there are a few sandalwoods I can't bear, I had to scrub this one in the end, as the wood notes crawl up my nose and hurt. If you like Chaos or DKs other woody vanillas, you might light this a lot. But sandalwood haters, steer clear!

nenuphar
nenuphar

One of my favourite frags! DK Wenge is that warm woody just-a-tad-sweet gourmand note found in Black Cashmere and it is just beautiful on it's own. If you're looking for a non-vanilla gourmand this is a great fragrance and is perfect for Fall/Winter.
Dark, warm and very much a womans scent - I picked it out for evening or for days when I wear black cashmere sweaters to the office.

Essence Wenge by Donna Karan 4.27 out of 5 based on 73 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Essence Wenge fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan Essence Wenge, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Essence Wenge by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Essence Wenge by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.