Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Fuel for Men Donna Karan for men

Fuel for Men Donna Karan for men

Fuel for Men was launched in 2008 as a part of the Donna Karan’s Essence Collection, a range of classic and new scents which can be worn alone or layered as you wish. It is an interpretation of the original DK for Men from 1994 in new packaging and a new name. The fragrance blends spices, exotic woods and sensual musk.

Top notes: citrus, pineapple and juniper.

Heart: mayflower, amber, lavender and almond.

Base: sandalwood, patchouli and musk

Available as 100 ml EDP.

Pineapple Citruses Juniper

Lavender Amber Almond Floral Notes

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk

Fuel for Men Fragrance Reviews

Little Prince
Little Prince

This is a superb perfume from all angles. Great materials, inventive composition and brilliant execution. It really is a mystery why people don't write about it that much. The show begins with a magnificent and immediately captivating opening. I mainly pick up notes of lavender (divine rendition), almond and fruit on a smoky suede background all of which combine to create the imaginary accord of petrol (fuel). The fragrance creates a fresh warm, creamy aura with an ever-present oily nuttiness and has a definite masculine feeling. In the dry-down an incense note wafts throughout and the composition turns muskier and woodier. Very close to a fougere but consequently more in the dry woods category, this ultra-modern vivid fragrance is an ideal choice for every male with a sweet tooth. Its complexity really startled me, considering it is a designer scent, although its nuances are extremely discreet. All in all, a low-key, full throttle and laid back fragrance which exudes easy confidence and masculine grace. A personal favorite.

Donna Karan's Fuel for men is a fascinating fragrance. You may have seen some reviewers comparing it to Egoiste, and maybe you thought "What?!" ...well, trust me, it isn't the same, but there is certainly a similarity there, though you have to wait for it. And that's a good thing.

Fuel for men opens boldly, with leather. It's only after an hour or two that it settles into an Egoiste vibe, but warmer and a bit darker. It's quite marvelous.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

I'll echo the comment below this and say that I have no idea why there are so few reviews for this. Then again, it looks like the only place it's available in the U.S. is at Neiman Marcus. I wonder why it isn't more available. It's definitely worth seeking out.

The bottle may look like plastic in the pictures online, but it's not. It's dark black glass. The cap is solid and heavy too.

Actually... forget everything I just said. This stuff is awful. Don't buy it (he says, hoping to keep this fantastic hidden gem as his own little secret).

It reminded me of a slightly sweeter Chanel Egoiste. However, after 10 minutes I was convinced this was in a whole level on its own. Love this bottle, not sure why there aren't more reviews!

Deff. a buy!

Heres the sad truth

This is a shell of its former self. Im sorry but I owned both at the same time and did side by side testing day after day and while the opening on this is almost the same just a bit lighter and sharper,the dry down is almost imediate and smells exactly like pungent body oder. Pay a little extra and get the real mccoy, and a much cooler bottle to boot. One day when they dont any longer exist this will be the only alternitive left for those of us who want to reminesse about what was a legend of a fragerence.

I'm so glad this was re-issued as I was a fan of the bold DK fragrances from this period in the nineties (I still own a bottle of the outstanding Chaos).

It's a rich, slightly balsamic mix of sweet, smokey tobacco, suede and a little fruity marzipan. There is also a strong hint of something like shoe polish in the mix which is more noticable after half and hour or so and might put some people off.

It's GREAT in the first hour... but I'm less keen on the rough, metallic, mustiness (not muskiness) that emerges during the dry down as it bares a very heavy resemblance to L'Air de Rien to my nose (a scent I have a love/hate relationship with).

Anyway, overall, Fuel for Men is a terrific fragrance - and absolutely stunning in the first 20 minutes. Shame there was no way to make that bit last longer.

Fuel for Men by Donna Karan 4.74 out of 5 based on 47 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Fuel for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Donna Karan Fuel for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fuel for Men by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fuel for Men by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.