Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Pure DKNY Donna Karan for women
dislike

I have it: 682 I had it: 226 I want it: 427 My signature: 21

Pure DKNY Donna Karan for women Videos
Pure DKNY Donna Karan for women Pictures Pure DKNY Donna Karan for women Pictures

The house of Donna Karan is launching a new fragrance named PureDKNY, which tries to connect people and nature they life in. The perfume offers pure moments of enjoyment and relaxation.

The perfume focuses on a single ingredient, which is the key to the whole composition – Ugandan vanilla. The project around this fragrance was designed and triggered in cooperation with CARE, which sources this unique, creamy sort of vanilla. The company's CEO stated:“CARE is excited to partner with PureDKNY on an initiative that will support women in Uganda, while also educating U.S. consumers about the important role women play in breaking the cycle of global poverty”. The project with DKNY is the latest achievement of the company and it will enable Ugandan women to work, educate and provide for their families.

The fragrance opens with Ugandan vanilla, dewdrop floral petals, lotus and Bulgarian rose. A heart beats in rhythm of exotic flowers - jasmine, freesia and orchid, while a base finishes the pure composition with white amber, sandalwood and vanilla in water.

An interesting fact is that package of PureDKNY is also environmentally-friendly. The glass of its flacon is 100 percent recyclable; its outer carton is made of carton and paper which decompose easily. You will be able to purchase the fragrance in three sizes: 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP, along with gentle body butter.

Advertising campaign will be very wide-reaching and pricy and its cover face will be Angela Lindvall appearing on billboards and videos of the perfume. Pure DKNY was launched in 2010.

Sandalwood Orchid Freesia Jasmine White Amber Lotus Bulgarian Rose

mark Pure

Pure DKNY Fragrance Reviews

Nalaman18
Nalaman18

Bought this after Christmas for half off, I was hesitant because I would think all the "good" fragrances would have been picked through, but I'm in love with DKNY pure. Its a bit heavier so it's perfect for night time, a date ,or the bar. I wear it during the day though because I love it so much. :)

lorililly
lorililly

I had this perfume, and intellectually, it is a very lovely fragrance. Unfortunately, since scent is closely associated with events in one's life,I can't enjoy it anymore. I was going through a difficult time and the scent of this nauseates me and brings back a flood of anxiety and turmoil. I don't know if others have had this experience, but this as well as Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body works are just a little too much for me. I recognize it instantly.

pravda48
pravda48

Re: below: yes this is 'drop of vanilla' DKNY, too. (It's labeled that way on the back of the box but in this scent it's definitely these notes I'm smelling)

pi^2
pi^2

In itself it is fresh and very nice. The name suits it. However, my skin tends to warm fragrances up and then it becomes disharmonious.

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

got a mini of this in a swap and i love it! similar to jlo glow (fresh & clean) but WAY better.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I tested this one again and realized how close to Deseo it is. And Deseo has a much prettier bottle.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

maraki1 I think this is DKNY Drop of vanilla :)

maraki1
maraki1

Isn't there also Pure DKNY drop of vanilla?

Light_Blue
Light_Blue

Nice parfume, but something just isn't right for me. Something is too much in there. Something sweet...I do not now how to describe. But it sure lasts long, very long on my skin. This is plus.

dcookoo
dcookoo

What a lovely pefume! Clean, fresh, and beautiful. It reminds me of stepping out of the shower and putting on clean clothes.

galaxy86
galaxy86

If there was a way to personify a person who is serene, calm, gorgeous, elegant and fragile into a perfume, it would be this perfume. It is one of the most well composed perfume.
I wish it had good silage and longevity since silage is none and longevity is very weak sadly.

mayke
mayke

This was the first "expensive" perfume I bought. I still love it after five years, although I would like to smell a bit more jasmin. The drydown is beautiful, it smells very warm, but still suitable for summer. I love the way you can smell the vanilla throughout the entire fragrance.

Katieg
Katieg

pleasant and evokes a Summer garden but the sillage and longevity are so disappointing! A glimpse of vanilla, of jasmine, a waft of rose. Very cleverly put together as the scents do not clash but waft as they would on a breeze. It just doesn't last at all so no good for a trip out.

vanillary29
vanillary29

DKNY Pure is probably my most favorite clean fragrance ever! It is warm, fresh, slightly sweet, dewy but what makes me love it is the fact that it is extremely versatile and wearable. More so, I love the fact that it smells clean without being soapy or powdery or aquatic like a lot of fragrances nowadays. The vanilla in it very clean, almost cold. Florals add a fresh transparency to it and I get this very, very faint salty note which reminds me of sun dried linen, sea shore breeze and warm skin. There is also a sneaky masculinity to it which makes it lean towards being a unisex fragrance. It smells innocent, angelic and true to its name, pure. This is one fragrance I'll never be without.

Thanks for you're detailled answer Magdalena23,

I used it for two day's now, (sample) I really like it, i also do like the vanilic smell in it,
I'm a bit unusual person, eccentric and can do a lot.
just gonna buy and try it a few time's, I can alway's give it away to my wife or sister.

Nico

Magdalena23
Magdalena23

This one is a darling! The soft whisper of an angel,airy,delicate,elegant,quiet,innocent and respectful,soft floral,soft vanillic,soft and tender in every way,but wonderfully so! There is a unisex,clean vibe to it (so this answers the question in the review below mine). In my opinion,a stylish elegant young man could also wear this beautifully!Sillage and longevity are very good on me,but pretty much every perfume on me lasts and radiates very well,so take that into consideration,since sillage and longevity depend on one's personal chemistry.Not signature material,but always a safe choice,appropriate for young girls,but for the not so young as well! Simply heavenly!Highly recommended,if you love tender,inoffensive,elegant,dreamy, skin scent perfumes.

nico_1

Hello everyone, a few weeks ago i was to the perfume shop buying my favorite smell JP Gaultier 2, I am a man who likes sweet perfume's and asked for some other samples.
Among them was the DKNY Pure, I just tried the smell as i didn't know it is a woman's perfume.
My first impression as a guy this is way to flowerish but after half an hour i started to like it, it's also not to heavy.
I'm now thinking buying it. could this be a unisex smell?

Love DKNY Pure. The perfect summer fragrance. A great mix of Jasmine, Magnolia, Sandalwood & Amber.

Älskar DKNY Pure. En perfekt sommardoft. Perfekt mix av Jasmin, Magnolia, Sandelträ & Amber.

blueviolet
blueviolet

This is a strange one on me, it is way to light. It doesnt smell bad at all, just too light. Too airy, watery and spring like for me, I like them heavier. My Gf likes it though so I have passed it on to her. I won this one along with DKNY Rooftop Delicious. I will keep that one for myself.

rfh
rfh

I was looking for a summer scent that is fresh clean and not to sweet as sweet scents turned to change on my skin in summer and become stinky! As I read these good comments and was recommended by the sale lady as she said its unique and not like anyth else.. I blindly bought this yesterday and didnt regret it.. as a matter of fact its nice clean makes you relax after a hot shower..its not sexy or trying to say anything..its for everyday use during the day as its not to sweet however it doesnt last on me more than two hours and the third one as if im wearing some cute nice body lotion! Regarding the uniquness not really sure as it reminds me of both dior addict delice and the old carolina herrera but a very lighter version of both! Would I buy this again not sure but I know that im gonna be using this everyday until I finish it since I got the 100ml

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

Pure is a really subtle, nice & a beautiful soft harmonic skin scent, also has a fresh feel to it and it's title speaks volumes. This is ideal if you are looking for serene everyday fragrance as it's so easy to wear and simple. I find pure is also a little comforting & slightly sweet with the Ugandan vanilla & the jasmine & lotus gives it a fresh linen smell. Pure seems to work very well with my skin chemistry & projection on me usually lasts up to 5 hours. Really pretty & floral somewhat powdery & cool, so ideal for the summer months. This is one of my top 5 Signature scents in my perfume wardrobe & very delighted to own such a captivating scent , just can't help but immerse my senses in this delightful aroma by Donna Karan. ♥

sally.boxhall

This is the second review I have written for this scent - after having a pleasant little squirt on the way back from hols, I purchased a 5ml dab tester bottle from Ebay which my previous post reviewed. I now realise that this bottle was either spoiled or not the real thing. I had another spritz recently whilst doing my usual sniffathon when out shopping & decided to give it another try - & guess what? I love it!!! So much so that I now own a 30ml bottle (which came boxed/sealed) & am really enjoying it. Its an airy, slightly sweet & woody (faint ambery sandalwood) floral to me - quite simple, almost a clean warm skin scent. Similar to TBS Madagascan Vanilla Flower but rounder more refined & YR Vanille Noir - that is maybe a little richer/boozier. An everyday easy to wear staple I say.....

sidrasyzygy
sidrasyzygy

A humid day in a southern garden. Star Jasmine creeping around a wrought iron arbor and a breeze just barely brushing sticky skin. Laundry hanging on the line to dry and wind-chimes recalling a sweet song.

To me this is late spring Florida country-side in a bottle. It reminds me of home.

Like but not love, it is too familiar--although comforting.

Emma0714
Emma0714

Hm, I can not smell the similarities between "Pure" and "Un air de First" at all. Though I absolutley love both of the fragrances, "Pure" is definitly softer and rounder, not as "aldehylicly acrid" as "Un air de First".

"Pure" is like a blanket that has been in the sun all day; soft, warming, clean and comfortable. You need to dig your face in it to imbibe all of its beauty.

Super wearable and comforting. Just like a second skin.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I just got this little number in a swap thank you to my lovely swap partner. I am so pleased. This perfume is right up my alley with lightness, gentle aroma, sexy and clean. It's not too overpowering so you can go a little crazy spraying it without fear of taking out those around you. I can see myself wearing this pretty little number in the summer and if your looking for something safe, gentle, attractive and not a gigantic silage monster this is worth a try and it's priced well too.

lirael00
lirael00

This is a very clean fragrance. I can imagine I would wear Pure with my white blouse. But it's very light too and it doesnt last long, so it's a perfume you decide to wear when you don't won't to disturb people around you. It's very comforting and white floral.The drydown is warm light vanilla. Pretty.

ira.singhal
ira.singhal

So I just blind bought it after reading reviews here. And OH MY GOD! ITS AMAZING!! I feel like I have been searching for this all my life! and this is my 32nd perfume for the year! i LOVE it! Its a very classy, expensive smelling perfume that will always make heads turn and sniff you out! I am not very good with judging individual notes yet, but I know its the white floral opening that is making me swoon! It isn't Vanilla to me, there is an elusive note which I can't pinpoint but this is definitely going to be my special occasion perfume! Don't know abt the silage or lasting power yet since I havent worn it for more than 3 minutes but I just had to write this review. In case you like florals and you can afford this, do give it a shot!
Update: After wearing it for a few days, I realise I am not as excited about it as I was before. It has gotten boring as it doesn't have much depth. But it was still a good buy

pomdgf
pomdgf

This is a fresh, light, and very clean perfume. May I just say " it's like an everyday perfume and easy to wear". Simply but beautiful like a sunny day in spring and summer while I'm wearing a white cotton shirt with my favorite jeans walking in a garden on a lazy day. It's not a perfume that make you scream but sometimes back to basics is a must . All I can say is florals, florals and florals blending with sandalwood on my skin. When I don't know what I'm gonna wearing today my hand will move to this bottle. Just love it !!!

Lape_snape
Lape_snape

Exactly what I needed - a lovely, simple, comforting fragarance you could sleep with. For me it's very woody and vanilla- like. Gorgeous for those working days when you want to wear the most comfy clothes possible or going for a croissant and coffee at local boulangerie for sunday breakfast. Not love, but like it a lot.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not woody and not clean smelling to me. Ita a gorgeous florally unique vanilla. Im wearing it everyday and the bf is following me around everywhere saying OMG you smell so good. This my dears is SEXY. No clean laundry to me. Just powerhouse love in a bottle :) I am not a fan of cashmere mist or any woody fumes but this is heaven in a bottle. Go Donna!

Cocacolapeachgirl
Cocacolapeachgirl

This is by far one of my favorite scents. This scent is clean like laundry blowing in the breeze. It's not overpowering and smells fabulous. I love it.

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

This to me is everything I have ever wanted in an everyday perfume. It is clean, but not sharp in any way. It is warm, soothing, pretty, feminine. I love the woody note. I find it highly sophisticated. Definitely wearable year round. I guess some of you find it boring, but to each their own. I just ordered a giant bottle and plan on wearing it a lot!

puremilly
puremilly

subtle, fresh, reminds me of fresh white linen blowing in the wind.

petrapet
petrapet

And I wonder why vanilla is NOT in the mentioned components. :-( can i relate to the information on the site to be correct?!?!?!

missmeaghanrose
missmeaghanrose

I love this, but it doesn't last as long as I'd like. But it's light enough to reapply if necessary and it fits nicely in my purse. Price is right.

I wonder if Uganda vanilla smells different from typical vanilla used in perfume, cause I don't find this fragrance to be vanilla at all. Not at the beginning, nor in the middle & the end. On my skin I can smell pure orchid, to be honest. And with time it develops into quite bitter scent. Pity. I am vanilla lover, so vanilla fragrance should be something I like a lot.

fergotnfire
fergotnfire

Found this scent at Kohl's a couple years back and fell in love from across the room! (I walked around holding the scent card in front of my nose for a good 20 minutes) Very light, sophisticated, good for cold or warm weather, sunny, and lastly; it definitely makes me think of being outside on the perfect fall morning, crisp and cool on the skin but warm in the nose.

Definitely my go to fragrance as purse bottle!

katushka37
katushka37

DKNY Pure is a simple, clean and uncomplicated scent. I get mainly vanilla with a bit of jasmine, sandalwood and a hint of citrus. I love minimalistic bottle design too. I think it makes a nice day time fragrance, particularly when you want to wrap yourself in warm vanilla scent during cooler weather.

Mona-alamri
Mona-alamri

عطري المفضل

Rasyima Ghazali

I wrongly bought this instead of verbena. Appreciate if anyone would like to swap. Anything will do, except the frags that i already owned.thanks ;)

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

After having this for a year and not really liking it for half that time, I finally realized that I can only wear it during colder weather. When I wear this during the summer, it just sits on my skin and screeches. When I wear it in the fall/winter, it sinks into my skin and envelopes me in a beautiful floral. The opening is still a little sharp, but it soon smooths out after 15 minutes or so. I can then smell mostly jasmine and rose with a hint of vanilla for about 5 hours. Then I can smell just a warm sweetness on my wrist for a few more hours. Now that I have figured it out, it will be my go-to floral for winters.

reeree1
reeree1

I'm still trying to decide if I like this. At first spray, it is very synthetic. It does dry down nicely, however. My primary issue with this fragrance is that it doesn't last long. I think I can get 3 good hours of fragrance from this. Overall, it's just okay....for now.

Centsless
Centsless

Pure is one of my favorites. It is so fresh and clean smelling with the perfect mix of delicate floral and vanilla and slightly woody. Makes me feel mellow and pretty when wearing and others seem to like it on me too. It's lovely from first spray to final dry down.

laurakaye
laurakaye

For me, this is Pure Deliciousness.

I've been coveting this scent for months, ever since a paper tester insert dropped out of my Kohl's catalog. Since discovering this website, my perfume collection has grown from a meager 3 scents to almost 20 (a lot for me). So I denied myself this one until I found a mini at TJ Maxx for $13.00. Clearly, I will soon need a full-sized bottle. This one's a keeper.

This is a lovely clean, fresh, floral vanilla. It's sunny and warm. I can see me reaching for this all year long. The floral makes it breezy and fresh, like clothing hung out to dry in the sunshine. The vanilla and sandalwood makes it cozy and comforting like a favorite soft sweater and jeans.

Just yummy.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I tested this at Kohl's the other day. Based on Pure's name and packaging, I also expected a cool, crisp summer scent. So, at first, I was a little taken aback by the light, sweet vanilla smell - not what I was expecting at all. Kind of like when you take a sip of Coke only to discover that Sprite is in your glass. You like Sprite but it tastes funny to you because you were expecting to taste Coke.

At any rate, I do like this perfume. But I'll need to do a retest.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I found a tiny bottle of this on sale the other day, so I grabbed it to try out. I was expecting something fresh almost aquatic based on the name of this. When I got around to testing it I was a little puzzled when it opened up as a fresh floral. It is quite nice, but Pure changes into fresh vanilla blended with a warm sandalwood, which is the most dominant note on my skin. Pure is a little sweet, but thankfully not too sweet. It is also quite powdery maybe from the amber? This fragrance is extremely easy to wear and has pretty good lasting power.

I was expecting something lighter and fresher I guess, not a vanilla based perfume. Its pleasant, but I most likely won't be repurchasing this when my tiny bottle runs out.

HolEssence
HolEssence

LIKE STEPPING INTO SUNSHINE
Feminine, and easy to wear, pureDKNY (a drop of vanilla) is a comfortable scent that captures my casual style. Unpretentious, it wears like my favorite pair of jeans—slightly dressed up with a soft cashmere sweater—I feel completely at home.

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

This is not a review.
Why does vanilla isn't listed as a note since the perfume description states "The perfume focuses on a single ingredient, which is the key to the whole composition – Ugandan vanilla"?
I was used to trust Fragrantica infos about fragrance notes / perfume pyramid. Shouldn't I?

xanman
xanman

As I mature I find myself drawn to scents that make me smile. Pure exceeds this expectation . It is a comforting friendly scent . One which I feel completely at home in. Although a different composition reminds me quite a bit of Burberry Woman in this aspect. One could wear this at ant age, in any season or occasion. There have been many complaints of longevity- I beg to disagree - lasts on me 8 hours plus- however sillage does lack - only those in close proximity comment on this lovely perfume- and they re of course positive. My husband loves this " mmmm clean skin" .. Will surely buy another bottle. Highly recommend for all lovers of " comfort scents"..

I can't believe all of these reviews! Pure is an extremely "groundbreaking" perfume, and I'll tell you why...The box, bottle ( even the lid & sprayer) is made out of completely recycled materials. The vanilla in this perfume was supposedly handpicked by women in Unganda, who (by the way) worked their asses off for next to nothing I imagine. And the proceeds from this perfume went directly to these women for 1 year after it launched. At least that's what the ad campaign told us, and I want to believe it....Anyway, I absolutely love Pure on a hot/humid day. It's the perfect casual/office scent in my opinion, and it's very fresh and clean. The heart and drydown is a bit vanilla/musky and almost smells like coconut & orchid with my chemistry. It reminds me my favorite body wash by "Caress" called "Precious Bloom" with Coconut & Water Lily..
I knew I loved it immediately, because it caused no skin irritation on my skin.....Oh and for such a soft fragrance it has killer sillage & longevity..

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I actually bought this perfume based on the more negative reviews - particularly the ones that described it as non-lasting, inoffensive, boring but a nice perfume etc. I wanted a "barely there/SAFE" style of perfume, simply because I don't have any...and I'm afraid that's just not what I got at all.

I sprayed this on me last night, probably just after 7pm. It's almost 8 'o clock the next morning and I'm still easily smelling it on my wrist, and I usually have BIG problems with longevity!

Also, this is in no way boring. Pure starts out with your typical blast of florals...but then it quickly dries down to a delicate balance of florals (pink florals in my opinion, not white) and what I'd call 'tame', un-overpowering Amber, and the gorgeous Sandalwood makes an appearance soon after that and what I'm left with is truly a feminine, fresh, delicate but there, comforting, BEAUTIFUL scent.

Safe scent? I'd say for the most part yes. But if you're like me and are looking for a totally safe, will fade fast and bland/boring style of perfume...stay away from this, because it isn't one.

Pleasantly surprised, I love it :) but my search continues for a more bland/safe scent.

Update: 30/6/13 - there is a lovely sort of vanilla smell to this, it's not a creamy vanilla but almost like fresh, wet vanilla bean. Lots of compliments when I wear this too.

leeleeB
leeleeB

I bought the Pure DKNY drop of vanilla version which isn't in the database. Nice for work and everyday. I had other perfumes on so I have to try it on bare skin.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

Pure is a clean floral-woody scent. I imagine a woman wearing this is a casual yet vibrant woman who loves going out in the sun... i get a certain saltiness at first but disappears after a while. At the heart, it turns into a woody powdery on me which i neither hate nor love. Almost laundry-clean fresh. Very safe, almost generic.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I decided to try my mother's bottle of this for a day: it certainly isn't innovative or revolutionary, but I do think it's very nice! It was easily-detectable on my skin (just a single spray) all the way up to 12-13 hours, after which time it became just a trace- so it has excellent longevity. I wonder if some reviewers here might be sampling one of the many counterfeits I've seen of this fragrance for sale on Ebay, Amazon, and elsewhere online(?)... Wholesale cost (according to a friend of mine in frag-retail) of the 3.4oz is about $54.00... so, if you are paying less than this for a new bottle, beware.

Anyway, remarkably-soothing (and complex!) base molded underneath the vanilla'd heart: I detect tonka and white musk in addition to benzoin and sandalwood; heart of rose, jasmine, vanilla, orange-blossom, tobacco-leaf absolute... I am not familiar with the fragrance of lotus, orchid, and freesia yet, but I assume these are the sweet, litling florals in the mix. Linden might also be there. I also sense a hint of something bitter and softly-woodlike to offset the sweetness- in the base, I believe or the "low heart"... labdanum? Myrrh? Perhaps both. I find the overall effect to be bittersweet-on-the-sweeter side- but not cloyingly so- just a hint of "gourmandness" and I find this vibe rather unisex: as a man, I had no problem wearing this! It is very-pleasant, and sits close to the skin like a warm glow... it lacks sharp top-notes for loud projection to-be-sure, and this quietness is rather refreshing in its own way.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

Identical to madagascan vanilla flower from the body shop. Clean but edgy, rather woody than powdery. Elegant, everyday scent

Rasyima Ghazali

This smell delicate.it soft but likeable. It's not overpowering. It just sit close to the skin. Calming enough and i can detect the 'pureness'. I got ckmpliments frm my collegue who sit and walk besides me though i can barely smell it

Tovah
Tovah

This is a lovely, fresh light vanilla on my skin. Sometimes it has a musky undertone that I'm not crazy about, but when it works this is a great scent. It's powdery in a woody-way...not like a blast of talc, so it stays quite light. Definitely a "work friendly" scent and a fragrance that's unlikely to cause a migraine or induce allergic reactions. Not a smell-alike, but in mood this is along the lines of Baby Grace, or Pure Grace, or Bobbi Brown Bath.

Lazereyes
Lazereyes

A really nice one. Powdery,soft,a little vanilla. But it doesn't last very long. I like using it fresh out of a bath right before bed actually.

lisaueda
lisaueda

It's a PERFECT perfume.
Clean, powdery, warm and cool both in one!
i hate sticky scents like "fantasy" of Britney and i was afraid that it would be sweet like this, but when i tried all of Pure series, this one, The Vanilla, made me sniff it again and again!
Until i bought it today.
everyone says to me "what is this amazing perfume you are using..?" and i feel so good with my skin.
I have a very pale skin and its so soft yet stays on the skin and get a clean, baby-Talc, Romantic, and Classy and have a good staying power.
it's one of the best Perfumes i tried, i love love love it!

smellME
smellME

Even though notes doesn´t match, I find this to be in the same genre as two other perfume loves of mine -
Gucci by Gucci and Prada tendre..
They dont have the same intensity or sillage ,nor longevity, but this kind of mix of flowers and woods
is very appealing to me !
This DKNY Pure has only been tested on strip before, but I know now that it needs to accomply your skin to fully bloom. This is also nice cause of Dkny s way of using genuin notes and also use recycled glass and paper for boxes - Great !
This starts very bright but soft of flowers from freesia and orchid, very genuine smell !
The jasmine is a very nice jasmine and the santal and amber tones it down and make a deep creamy base , that stays a long time on me.I love how the base reminds me of prada tendre !
I have been looking for something more soft and daily bases than Gucci by Gucci, so I can wear that for night time and this for the day !
Leaving a lovely trail...

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

This has a nice,fresh smell that is slightly warm owing to the amber and sandalwood. There are no overpowering notes and I found the smell to be fairly linear. I would have liked this a lot more though if it had been longer lasting with greater sillage.

anitkabuzi
anitkabuzi

"A drop of vanilla" it's a part of name that should be added .
I love this smell, it's so pure and delicate it reminds me warmth, sun, garden. I have to add that i live in Poland and now it's -10 celsius degrees outside we don't have sun since one month and this fragrance is really powerfull :)

earthbender10
earthbender10

I love fruity/sweet/sour scents but this is without a doubt a great opposite and very sophisticated, light, refreshing smell. Very pricey though. But 5/5 :)

myolderbrother

Easy to wear & easy to like, this is fresh, clean, upbeat, & draws more compliments that any other perfume I've worn. I want to call this simple, but it's not. It's just a pure sunshine, pants rolled up, standing in the surf laughing & enjoying life while the breeze blows my white hat off kind of perfume!

advabart
advabart

This perfum smells like licorice / anise. Can't see why it is considered vanilla-based fragrance by so many people.

Sometimes I like wearing perfume to bed. And Pure is the one I would choose, when I tried it I was impressed with how good it smelled, fresh, floral, soft, just perfect. I will make it a summer staple also. I tried also the Verbena version and it is also really nice.
A soft feminine scent, very nicely done. It isn't sharp, the vanilla come in nicely, doesn't overwhelm the scent.

Perfumedsecrets

I give it credit, because it doesn't remind me of anything right away. It doesn't smell harsh or have too much of anything. And it's well balanced, which the name Pure evokes. I could swear there was vanilla in this, but it's not listed in the notes here. This is a great choice for an every day perfume. It smells like a signature scent that you can live with and won't regret buying.

pukkolandia
pukkolandia

Cool!! But on my skin take something bitter and wrong. But I really like to smell it on other persons: my sister love it and it's really fab on her. I would like to wear it but I simply can't.

arrode
arrode

This smells so delicious! I sprayed some on my scarf while I was walking around Ulta and I keep smelling it now a few hours later. This is something I can imagine wearing in the spring and summer. It's light and airy and doesn't smell strong at all. I can only smell it when my scarf is near me, so it doesn't have a strong sillage, but it just smells so clean, fresh, and beautiful. It would be perfect for wearing during the day, to work, on a date. I can imagine this is something a guy would like to smell on a girl. I will have to add this to my list of "must buys" for the warmer months.

iamjennyrobyn
iamjennyrobyn

I love this powdery innocent scent of being fresh out of shower. Reminds me of fresh,sunshiny morning after bath.

cheryldb
cheryldb

Reading these reviews really makes me aware that I need to work on honing my olfactory nerves!! I wish my reviews could be written as eloquently as those some poeple post here--I love the reviews almost as much as the fragrances which inspire them......

With that being said. I really liked the DKNY Pure sample I received with a purchase from an on-line retailer. I liked it so much, infact, that I purchased a $60 for myself. The full-size bottle, for some reason, doesn't invoke the same sense of pleasure the sample scent did. I still like it, but I will not purchase more of the same when this bottle is empty. I could not pick out any one particular fragrance or note. I'll have to smell and decipher more carefully when I next wear the scent!

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I received a small sample vial of this today from Ulta. Whoa. Unexpected. I thought this had been advertised/touted as a deep/pure Ugandan vanilla fragrance, so I was either misinformed or had not expected what followed. One spritz and I was in Lotus Land which is NOT my favorite place on the Candy Land perfume game board. It is bright, green and has an almost astringent quality to it on my skin with nary a vanilla pod or wink towards any warmth (amber? ) to be found. The longer I have this on my wrist, the more I smell the crisp pungent DKNY Delicious base coming forth...not a bad thing...just not for me. If you enjoy Calyx or other very green, herbaceous type scents, you may enjoy this. I think that the Marketing Department should get a swift kick in the derriere over this one.

yang32
yang32

I thought original pure was a drop of vanilla. Why are there no vanilla notes listed?

Regardless, I'm a floral gal so I like the way it smells initially. But then it eventually turns into a soapy, powdery smell..which doesn't smell bad but in my opinion, for a perfume, that's bad. I bought a perfume, not soap. I received a sample if this awhile ago and I don't remember it smelling like this. Could the formula have changed since it no longer calls out "a drop of vanilla"?

I bought this super cheap which is why I'll keep it and use it after showering on my lazy days where I know I'm not going anywhere so people don't think I'm lugging around soap. This would be a perfect scent for those kinds of days. Or maybe as a bed spray.

eranaral
eranaral

When I first saw this perfume, the name and bottle made me think of Donna Karan Cashmere Mist. Boy was I wrong ! this perfume is not a dry fresh scent like the name and bottle suggest. Its rather sweet and alluring. Iv gata say I really like it. Then I thought how perfect the name is "DKNY Pure" wow they really nailed it. Here is why:

This scent is pure and simple and none offensive but in a DKNY delicious sweet way. So this is as pure and dry a DKNY perfume can get :D defiantly made for the DKNY fans. The bottle and name might catch the eye of a dry, fresh, aromatic person. But they will not expect the floral honeysuckly sweetness they are about to sniff.

DKNY Pure is like a white desert wine as Cashmere Mist is a dry crisp white wine. Both excellent in there own way.

natii86
natii86

it smells like washing powder for me.

weegee
weegee

I sample sprayed on skin and clothing yesterday. "Pure" is a definite misnomer. "Pure" suggests something neat, clean and fresh. What I detected at first spray was straight alcohol that quickly dried down to an unpleasant, lingering odor of stale perspiration from, I gather, an unfortunate sandalwood variety that mimics a sour musk. Nothing neat, clean or fresh.

Two hours later what remained put me in mind of the smell of a soiled t-shirt worn for strenuous yardwork days ago and retrieved today from the bottom of the dirty laundry hamper.

I was not surprised to find this on deep discount

Migalex
Migalex

This one does not certainly smell of vanilla to me, as the company advertises. It might smell of vanilla but not in a particularly remarkable way. I can mention hundreds of fragrances which do smell of vanilla and in much more noticeable a way than this one. I do not know why these houses keep doing this, advertising a composition which does not really come through, lots of times even in the name. To me this is a very faint, diffuse, toally unremarkable scent whose appeal to me is zero.

sw33tcookie
sw33tcookie

I smelled this today and it is a very pure light scent, my sister says its very old lady mixed with moth balls lol but to me its very light its pretty and feminine. I really enjoyed its light scent. it is a must buy as an everyday run out the door scent!

TankGirl
TankGirl

Pure is my new favourite and signature perfume.
After reducing my smoking a lot, I noticed I started to smell things differently, more intense I mean, so some perfumes (sniff sniff) are impossible to wear because I feel like vomit.
So...as I was unable to wear my entire collection I went to the perfume shop to find something I could wear and taram! Pure!
My nose is completly open wide or I dont get the "light" in here :/ I dont find it light at all, Pure is fresh, calming, soft and transparent jasmin, fresia and vanilla with an amazing sandalwood drydown that gives it dept and sexyness. Perfect for all day around, starting calming and fresh in the morning and by night is sandalwood sexy heaven. The scent stays forever and surprise surprise my hubby loves it grrrr :) I think is so much better than perfumes of this type like 212, CL Beauty etc etc, give it a try!

Good one DKNY!

ha_silvi
ha_silvi

Pure is very similar to Cerutti Image

sjam3295
sjam3295

This is a very nice, clean, light scent - a little vanilla, a touch of honey, a breath of white florals - it's a little too light for me. It's almost like something you might wear if you didn't really like wearing perfume but wanted to smell nice. I do like the smell, but I would want it to be stronger if I were to wear it.

Edit: I've been wearing this a couple of hours now, and must say I'm really enjoying the dry down - the main notes now seem to be rose and vanilla - really quite delicious!

Edit2: I've now been wearing this scent all day, and I've come to love it - it IS delicate, but actually it lasts quite well, I've only had one extra spritz in 12 hours. The scent is starting to seem like an old friend whose company you can really trust and enjoy - calm, loving, fresh and somehow reassuring. I've changed my mind about Pure, it's well named, and I would buy and wear it.

kellyincali
kellyincali

"interesting" for a "fresh floral." Normally, I strongly dislike Vanilla but it works! It dries down to a spicy white flower scent. I love it. The best part is that it is very long-lasting. I sprayed on Calyx (an old eighties favorite) which was gone in an hour, Philosophy Inner Grace, which dried down "bitter" but Pure DKNY is still going strong. Personally, I think this is a very "sexy" fragrance. I'm looking forward to trying DKNY Pure Verbanna for every day wear.

Carnelian
Carnelian

Gave this a good day wearing, and it's too light for me. It really disappeared a couple of hours in, just did not last. Although pleasant-smelling, it just does not have enough unique, distinct personality for my taste, and is a scent that I would not wear to wow anyone. I am not sure why there is so much emphasis on the vanilla in the advertising as part of the fragrance, it's not the most important part; if it's there, it's very, very subtle. It is a pleasant green-white floral, not sweet but dry. Good for hotter temperatures or in the office, will likely not offend, but it's not an "event" fragrance. Not sure if it's worth the price since there are other scents equally pleasant that are less expensive. If you want to smeel like a clean, white summer dress, this is an example of what that smells like. If you're going to go with a white floral, maybe go with Miracle, it's a little more interesting.

phyrexianc
phyrexianc

A friend once said she really loved DKNY´s Be Delicious. At first sniff it was way too citrussy for me and I decided not to give this house any more attention for a while.

But now I got a sample of Pure and I´m all back with Donna Karan! How great a perfume this is! It really lives up to the feel and atmosphere of the commercial. Light, white, subtle, feminine. A nice blend of warm and fresh, cosey and homey, full of family love and a promise of a care-free spring day in the park. Clean sheets, showers and towels.

If you like wild and loud, this is not for you. If you like very sweet or citrussy, this isn´t the one either. And for a romantic evening I´d consider it too fresh. But if you´re looking for subtle, look no further and TRY THIS! Perfect for spring and summer mornings, breakfast in bed when the sun peeks through the wind-blown curtains. Simply lovely.

Edit: I have to mention the creamy sandalwood... love it!

sally.boxhall

I got a sample of this a few days ago & I`ve tried it twice since. Not at all what I was expecting from the ad campaign or the notes description & no, I don`t like it at all! I was expecting a soft white floral with a vanilla drydown, but what I got was a sharp, screaming high note - cannot tell you what it was - which fades slightly to a rather masculine woodyish? base, way too masculine. In the ads they mention `the drop of vanilla`, well I have no sense of any vanilla or sweetness whatsoever. The initial spray reminds me of Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers from back in the early nineties - a very loud, headache inducing note. There is nothing soft or pure about this scent :(

Was out at the weekend & kept noticing someones perfume, felt familiar but seemed quite nice. It turned out to be Issey Miyake l`eau D`Issey - very similar to Pure but maybe slightly easier on the nose without that sharp high note. It smelled nice on this person, but I was getting fed up of it by the end of the evening - not for me, but maybe a softer alternative to Pure?

Jucmorgo
Jucmorgo

I think... it is almost nothing. It is a light, floral fragrance but nothing extra. Pure is weaker than I thought.

beatrix75
beatrix75

nice wattery flover bomb!!!

tmerriman
tmerriman

This perfume smells nice for daytime...work environment..not to strong...starts out vanilla after a couple hours at work I get breezes of fresh clean scent and then it fades. The perfume fades really quickly for the price...but I do love the fragrance...it's not over-powering like some perfumes. You have to spray quite a bit to make it last all day...but smells nice.

marysiac
marysiac

I love how there is only one level of note which keep it smellng just the way it does when it's first sprayed on you :) I really like this scent

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

This is wonderful, matches so well my tastes on a day-by-day fragrance! It kind of reminds me of my favorite notes on miss Dior Cherie and 212 Sexy. But it's different, involving but gentle. I'm loving it, I'm using it when I want something comfy and clean that lasts longer then an eau frache or toillete, and want to take a break from the strong , marked scents I use .

la tailleuse
la tailleuse

first I have to say the longevity is great!
I like the first notes, fresh, floral, very clean... though It dries down very masculine on me, very woody and peppery, The vanilla? I can't find it.. Pity, I always like a product with something extra, The packaging is recyclable, and the women in Uganda get help... GOOD THING!

xoxojessiebear
xoxojessiebear

This is a good everyday scent. It isn't excessivly complex or strong, neither too day or night. I like to wear this on days I'm running errands because it makes you smell nice, yet isn't too excesive for more simple days. I carry the rollerball in my purse for the days I don't wear anything and just want a little touch of something extra. It isn't my favorite or my least favoirte in my collection. Just a good neutral scent for me.

Dmarie0218
Dmarie0218

Smells so much like vanilla. I wanted to like it but nothing smelled "pure" to me.

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is one of those skin scents that makes you feel so feminine, and irresistable. It is an uncomplicated floral fragrance that brings a warmth with it that just makes you feel so good.
It opens with the slightly sweet scent of vanilla mingled with the warmth of jasmine and freesia, and then you start to notice the sweet scent of orchids, and finally you will catch the slightly spicy aroma of the sandlewood.
This is a very light fragrance, with none of the notes overpowering any of the others.
A very pure pretty fragrance that I think could be worn in all seasons.

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

Totally love this. To me it's refreshing, kinda
Sprite-y. I don't have an experienced nose yet, but i don't smell one bit of vanilla here at all. Great scent for springtime. Disappointing that for the price, while not overly expensive, it doesn't stick around long at all. Really love it tho, simple, fresh, and clean.

icingsugar
icingsugar

Not much a fan. Shame as I wanted to like it. Smells like babywipes to salty and fleshy, like womanity but not as gag-inducing. No projection either, youd be better off just having a nice soapy bath.

alex turner
alex turner

I love it but it doesn't smell good on my skin. too bad...

Aspendina
Aspendina

this scent is so amazing, very powdery, but at the last stage of the it I am left smelling Prada Candy, which I am not complaining cause it smells azmazing too, but I own Prada Candy there for I do not know now if I want to buy this or not now :-(

bwcw81
bwcw81

From a guy perspective, this is something nice, clean, simple and elegance. I like the way it is, PURE as it is, free from all sorts of distraction, not heavy, not pretending. Bottle design simple and nice.

PURE hit me with it's simple form of many feminine floral scents, simple yet amazing, very nice on a girl for any occasion. Wonderful frag to showcase the modern feminine.

ERW666
ERW666

boring. forgettable. generic "pretty." its the scent of a magazine perfume sample. ideal for a soccer mom on date night.

lyalius
lyalius

This one is nice, but doesn't have some kind of intrigue in it. Like a pretty girl, who smiles and can't say nothing interesting. Just nice and sweet, that's all )

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This is going to sound very bitter, but here it goes:

So DKNY wants to support the women of Uganda by using this fair-trade Ugandan vanilla to make this insipid new brew. What about the underpaid overexploited thirld world labour you utilize to make your chain store collection? tsk tsk hypocrites!

When I buy a fragrance, I know I am not helping the developing world or Mother Nature. Dkny should at least respect our intellect. This is fragrance, not direct trade coffee!

kitti002
kitti002

one of my friend owns it, and i really like it on her. nice, light floral fragrance with a little sweet in it.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

Hmm...maybe it's cucumber, melon, something sickening hiding behind what could be a clean watery vanilla. I loved this at first, but one sample vial in, I am super glad I didn't buy the bottle. Whatever that synthetic putrid sweet is, is giving me a headache.

miZZpuRRfect

oh my Pure is very incredible nice and cosy !!!! some people are mentioning the price doesn t justice to the juice but i think this isn t true ! this is one of the best vannilic-ambery florals i ever used and the sillage and longivity is stunning! it is worth every penny and the bottle is pure and simple, this fragrance is a keeper, suitable for home, office and also great for layering, because it hasn t a strong personality. thumbs up!

fawnydawny
fawnydawny

this is a very light, almost laundry like vanilla. sweet and light this is inoffensive and would be good for office wear. i probably wouldn't ever buy this for myself but receiving it as a gift would be alright.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

I must've really liked this when I first tried it, since I paid the ridiculous price tag for it. But sometime after that, it just didn't sit right on me. It was very SHARP. It was a bit TOO floral for me, and a bit watery. It should've been ashamed of itself, smelling like "sharp" water with a jolt of flowery nothingness and costing that much! I have apparently been through a massive fragrance preference overhaul in the past few months, because suddenly I love this stuff! Now when I use it, it always brings mental pictures of a very sunny day in spring, with everything blooming, a clear blue sky, the warmth of the sun on your skin with just a slight breeze, and a happy carefree day where you have nothing to do but enjoy it. I get a watery vanilla (nothing like the cakey sweet vanilla of, say, Jessica Simpson's Fancy-which I love, so I'm not knocking it) that turns just a touch musky after a while, with a BRIGHT floral heart and a very clean feeling. I wouldn't buy it again unless they substantially discounted it, which I don't expect, but now I am happy to use it until every drop is gone.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This livens right up on my skin with a beautifully sweet floral aquatic warmth. I don't know how aquatic and warmth manage to coexist, but for me, with Pure they do. It is interesting that jasmine and freesia have been marked as the most detectable notes, because I can't smell a bit of either - and they are both notes I have trouble enjoying. I get wonderful watery lotus, a bit of vanillary orchid, magnolia, and a hint of sweet rose held down nicely by a warm smooth sandalwood base. I really really like this. It lasts a very long time on my skin and projects really nicely. Smells fabulous on fabric. It reminds me of a rare balmy spring day that teems with warm dewy gusts scented by sweet blooms.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

This smells like... pretty much nothing! I sprayed it on my hand, and it gave the impression I had washed my hands with plain soap... an hour ago.

melaniemountjoy
melaniemountjoy

A really delicate scent. One that I wear often, although I find that I need to re-apply quite a bit. Would be better if the scent lingered a bit longer, considering the size of the bottle.

Jellybean
Jellybean

smells clean and fresh at the beginning; like a bouquet of white flowers freshly picked. along with that, soft musk and light dose of sandalwood. that lasts for about 10-15 minutes and then it turns up dry and masculine. Only if drydown was more feminine and softer...

chemmart
chemmart

i love this version of a vanilla perfume, not too sickly sweet, very soft but lingers on the skin. i always get compiments when wearing

BroadwayBeauty
BroadwayBeauty

I almost always hate vanilla fragrances, but I really enjoy this perfume. It reminds me somehow of a more modern and youthful Oscar by Oscar de la Renta, which my mother wears religiously. It's a very subtle fragrance on me, but it has great staying power.

leeyah87
leeyah87

I am a vanilla fan and was really hoping to love this, but there is something really sharp, harsh, and headache-inducing about it. On the other hand, the verbena version is very nice.

insite
insite

Reminds me of Britney Spears' Curious. Nothing new here!

cynthiac
cynthiac

Bought this on a whim at the Duty Free (rather expensive impulse buy, I will admit). I was sold by DKNY's collaboration with CARE to empower African women, as well as its eco-friendly packaging.

I will agree with others in that at first spray, there is certain unpleasantness about this fragrance.

However, this quickly disperses to reveal wafts of floral - particularly pangs of jasmine and orchid, though I can't help but feel that this occasionally has a slight acidity.

The final result is soft and creamy, with hints of sweetness.

Perhaps this final sweetness is the elusive vanilla?

A seemingly volatile fragrance, as I've received different results with each spray.

The end result is however always the same - reminiscent of a fine spring afternoon in a park filled with white flowers; a fresh feeling of cleanliness.

Christy2198
Christy2198

like waterery jasmine. I smell no vanilla at all. I imagine that if I took the water that I used to water flowers with and then put it in a bottle I would smell this. very boring.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I found this to be a pretty generic light vanilla-jasmine scent. There are many scents based on vanilla and/or jasmine out there already that I think are much more interesting. As a side note, there is a new fragrance from this line called "Pure Verbena" which I think is wonderful. Totally different from this one - it's crisp, cool, fresh, and lovely. Not seeing it listed on fragrantica yet, but I would highly recommend that one!

lavender sage
lavender sage

I found it not to be worth the money. I love vanilla, but this was just too sharp for my nose.

Whit
Whit

I remember when I first tested this, I couldn't smell very much at all on the card. So I sprayed a little on wrist, carefully so that it didn't clash with what I had on, and I noticed a very nice vanilla scent. I didn't want to pay for the perfume, so I bought the body lotion instead and it seems to have more of a smell then the actual perfume. On my skin, it starts off kinda spicy then dries down to a soft vanilla. It's not overbearing at all and I think you could wear it year round. This would be office/work safe in my opinion, but it won't get you noticed. Just a nice, light scent as the name "Pure" implies.

ebonyeyes

Just like spraying distilled water on yourself, absolutely no scent at all. Very pricey, its 60pounds for a 100ml bottle.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I tested it on a card and i couldn't smell it.
I smelled it from the bottle and i thought i had found the most clean-summer perfume ever!
I tested it on my skin and i realised that on me it is quite unisex!!!!
Pure by DKNY was full of surprises for me!
Anyway, i liked it but not enough to buy it.
I think the commercial doesn't fit the perfume.
You expect something fresh and light but Pure is quite masculine, still not offensive.
Good for summer but not my type.

antonpan
antonpan

To my nose Pure is an unique and unusual scent. Despite the name it doesn't reproduce the feel of pureness. The fragrance is an extremely woody floral with a heavy, a bit masculine central note that gives it individuality. I think this is vanilla, though for me it sounds like honey. DKNY Pure is not strong, but sophisticated, it isn't fresh, but powdery and warm.

ophelia
ophelia

It's even more chemical and acute than Cashmere Mist (which is deeper with its introverted suede-vanilla), but to my big surprise I liked it a lot!... Spring naive, pulsatile joy.

aray
aray

I don't quite understand why, if the itroductory text says "The perfume focuses on a single ingredient, which is the key to the whole composition – Ugandan vanilla." there is no vanilla note square thingie indicated by fragrantica. When I applied this this morning I got hit in the face by about a pound of vanilla so as I'm logging onto fragrantica I'm expecting a huge vanilla square with a number 85 or so in it - but nada. Lotus? Really?

Well either way, I am much reminded of Cashmere Mist as well, but in a less smothering more clean kind of way. I'm not sure how much that perception is influenced by the color and bottle though, I find myself biased and easily impacted by the outside of a fragrance.

I'm not impressed, but would go on saying it's an ok fragrance. Sweet, clean, and a little bizarre. Has unisex qualities but not very memorable.

Anup
Anup

Again we are reminded that recycling and protecting the environment can be, and is beautiful in this exciting original release from DKNY.
I'm sure most of us thought that she would ride the "be delicious" flanker wagon to keep making money, as all of them seem to sell quite well. Yet, once again, im sure that we're pleasantly surprised.
Mrs.Karan keeps her flankers, and unlike Davidoff still continues to persevere and create these amazing pieces of art. The bottle is reminiscent of something one would see in a Disney movie, the plot object to the protagonist.
When i first saw this i KNEW that i needed a decant,and i'm so glad that i am able to review this now. A bumblebee is trying to land on my hand as i type this. (reviewing outside)

The way that this plays out is VERY similar to Cashmere mist, yet in many different ways they are dissimilar. Whereas CM is cozy, warm and comfortable Pure is rigid, airy and paralleled to fresh linen.

The orchid is slightly buried, but when found one finds that it doesn't sniff out like the orchid in most fragrances. This orchid is soft and sweet, like woman's hair, not overly powdery.
Sandalwood keeps it from becoming to "frilly dilly" and adds enough earthy deep saline woodyness to allow this to easily be worn by a man. I need to also mention that i believe this fragrance would smell great on children.

Lotus's cooling powdery and jasmines regal floral/powderyness work together to create a GREAT example of that much sought after "clean linen" accord. CHEAP CANDLE MANUFACTURERS, ARE YOU READING?!
In that sense, this would be amazing as a room or bed spray as well. Clean, crisp and refreshing, this fragrance is a major winner in my book!

I approve

Smell: 10
Longevity: 10
Sillage: 8.5

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

This is a warm, soft pleasant smell, may be not very vanilla admittedly, but it has a slightly sparkly note to it that I like. An aftermath of shalimar without the lemon. That was the positive. On the negative front I too get a brief (thankfully very brief)sharp body odour smell - not the first perfume I've tried that indulged in BO, to be fair - and indeed a slightly hjead ache inducing note. Musky too. A bit Body shop white musk...Having said that I like it. No accounting for tastes!

This is a very sharp white floral. I don't know how Ugandan vanilla differs from regular vanilla, but I don't smell any vanilla in here at all. This is almost a unisex fragrance because of the sharpness. I was expecting something a little more fresh and natural, a little more simple, because of the name. I don't get the sense of this being pure, but it is an OK fragrance.

Morrigan
Morrigan

I can't understand the negative reviews. No fragrance lasts on my skin except for Pure!! And I have tried soooo many. But obviously it just has to do with body chemistry..

Pure is a clean light yet slightly sophisticated white floral with a hint of vanilla. You either like it or you don't. Simple as that. Personally I love it :)

ebonyeyes

This is water in a bottle sold for 60pounds for a 100ml. It doesnt have any scent at all. Dont waste your money.

It starts off nicely but the drydown is harsh and even masculine. Also no good staying power either.

Pinni
Pinni

I love the clear droplet-like bottle but the scent wasn't anything interesting.
I was quite disappointed with this one as I was initially expecting a nice transparent and clean but at the same time sweet scent.

Actually I have trouble recalling what it smelled like. That's how memorable it was.

_lolita_
_lolita_

Had the opportunity to try this today. Regarding the advertising and the name I expected something else.
I wanted something gentle, fresh and fragile but this scent is kind of a sweet vanilla and musk bomb, very loud and heavy.
It seems to remind me of couple of other fragrances but not obvious enough to be able to name them.
At first I found it not too bad but not good either, the longer I wear it the more anoyed I get by the smell.
Unfortunatly it lasts forever.
I would describe it as an average vanilla and something floral in background-fragrance, quite obtrusive (at least to my nose and on my skin) with an incredible staying power.

Martyna
Martyna

It opens very fresh and floral. On me it doesn't really change much until it it hits the last phase when it transforms into this weird mixture of sweet vanilla, watermelon and a hint of cucumber which makes this fragrance a little 'moist'. I know it doesn't make any sense because there is no watermelon or cucumber among the notes but that must be just another chemistry mistery!

Overall it's light, uplifting, refreshing, clean and quite feminine. Really nice indeed and great for those early spring days when it can still be a little chilly but you already feel the sunshine on your skin and see everything coming back to life.

Unfortunately it lacks staying power on my skin and after about 4 hours it is no longer there.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

The opening is so "happy" and refreshing! This is definitely a happy floral with a burst of something crisp. I'm surprised I don't see any citrus or fruit notes listed here. Anyway, It's a very delicate, pretty, and dainty scent.

I know some have said they don't get any vanilla. Fortunately, I do! :o) Vanilla is my fave. However, it's a dilluted vanilla. I don't think it's meant to be anything more, really, so it's okay... I get it.

Overall, I like it! This to me would be a "not-in-the-mood-for-perfume" perfume. I was hoping I would find that when I tried Pink Coral, but it was a big FAIL for me in that sense.

PURE, however, has managed to fit the bill without being boring!

sham_1983
sham_1983

question here... does it it smell like a C.l.e.a.n brand? i mean soapy .. airy fresh? coz i haven;t teste yet

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

Smells nice but is far too light for me. I put it on and 15 minutes later I can hardly smell it on my skin...

1classychic
1classychic

OMG!!!! I love it!!! I don't usually do vanilla, but Pure is so different than any other vanilla frangrance I have ever tried! Maybe its the perfect blend of vanilla, not sure but it is lovely!!! It is def worth the price, I bought the lotion as well!! Move over Chance, this is now my fav fragrance!!

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

Lack of individuality. Too light and transparent. But can we ask for colors&character if the description says Pure DKNY is about relaxation?

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Not too bad to start off with but aweful dry down.

Fragrance
Fragrance

This is not the perfume I was expecting in this Clean bottle.. I was hoping to get a nice feminine Jasmine scent out of it, But I only got a very synthetic smell.
quite disappointing.

How pure is DKNY PURE? Judging from the splitting headache by which I am currently plagued, I'm guessing not all that pure after all. The composition itself is very similar to my nose to Calvin Klein's new perfume, BEAUTY, except that the latter is better constructed and more floral, with a heavier jasmine note. DKNY PURE has something dirty-ish in it that reminded me initially of Bond no 9 MONTAUK, but it becomes much closer to BEAUTY in the drydown. The headache factor however excludes PURE from my further consideration. I did not apply very much--about half my sample vial--so I'd venture to guess that there's more poison than "Ugandan CARE vanilla" in a bottle of PURE.

Which brings me to an irresistible jibe at the complete and utter hoakiness of bragging about the inclusion of Ugandan vanilla in a perfume. This is not a bottle of vanilla extract. This is not even an oriental vanilla perfume! This is a solution containing maybe a couple of drops of vanilla (maybe less, given that the vanilla is barely detectable!). We are to believe that the magnanimous saints at DKNY are saving Ugandan lives through the launch of this perfume? Give me a break.

But wait, there's more. Suppose perchance that some perfumistas less astute than sherapop erroneously infer that the source of their PURE-induced headaches is the "special" CARE vanilla included there? Then, quite far from helping, DKNY will have harmed the women of Uganda. Désolée.

miZZpuRRfect

hmm delicious soft pure white scent...

@Woodfaery: armpit smell?? huh!?! guess your perfume was spoiled for shure...

Pure DKNY smells airy soft creamy flowerpetals on a velvety slight warm sandalwood-amber base with delicious vanilla trails. very smooth sexy fragrance for daywear. stayingpower good, sillage great!

quite linear and nothing extraordinary but feels real luxe 'cause of the velvety wearing sensation.

i wouldn't mind having a bottle but i woudn't buy 'cause of the price... a no-go for a simple scent like this one!

add. note: i put this on yesterday afternoon, and it waved around me heavenly the whole evening long and today morning the scent is still there, even now at midday it lingers on my skin. stayingpower enormeous! by taking a shower now it will probably kill the rest :o)

so maybe it's money worthy if you really like the scent, because this is from the real quality stuff!

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

Got a mini bottle today in the mail and we tested it on my teenage daughter. Her exact words were,"Mom this smells like dirty arm pits", and I agree. When you breathe in the smell it is like a cheap vanilla/sandelwood scent but as soon as you breathe it out it seems to linger on your tongue. Gross!

Sunchaser
Sunchaser

I really like this scent, but this fragrance stains your clothing. I did not notice it at first until I washed a work blouse of mine and noticed the yellow stain around the yoke of the blouse and the cuff area. Once I noticed what it was doing I tried spraying it on before dressing and letting it dry but it still leaves a stain on my clothing. It will come out once you soak your clothing in Clorox All Fabric bleach. I have also noticed that the scent does not last very long. I will probably not purchase this product once it is gone.

deannab10
deannab10

Pure DKNY is a cloying jasmine vanilla scent on me. It is linear and lacks warmth. Definitely not bottle-worthy in my opinion.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

way over priced for a simple vanilla perfume. yes simple vanilla. no smokey, powdery, incensy, floral etc. just a plain watery vanilla. dont get me wrong, it does smell good...just not for that price tag imo.

Hopeless Romantic
Hopeless Romantic

I really like Pure. It doesn't have a down-side for me, just really nice. However, if I could get a cheaper vanilla fragrance that was just as nice I would get it.

Rosaflor
Rosaflor

I want this fragrance so much!! It's sooo GOOD! Perfect! I love how they mixed the vanila! All the notes work perfectly together .. If you want a fresh clean fragrance with vanila try this one! It's amazing.. I can't get enough of it! I give it a 10!!! haha

ZoeRight
ZoeRight

This scent is not bad, it's just not unique. There are plenty of cheaper vanilla scents out there, so i don't know why you would spend $60 on this one.

Kchild
Kchild

I am shocked by this stuff! I LOVE it and get compliments on it everytime I leave the house. On me it never gets chemically, sharp or watery. It becomes this beautiful cloud of softness with decent sillage. I love soft snuggly scents and I've never smelled one like this. I'm pretty much an open minded niche girl~but this one has captured my heart. Chemistry is everything yes? Definately try before you buy......

NNN
NNN

This is not terrible, but it's just a cheap vanilla scent.
Nothing unique, nothing special, nothing pure. Ok, maybe it's purely cheap.

srimati
srimati

I was thinking where is the vanilla, and even the flowers are ll jumbled up. Smells pretty oceanic to me, like a cheap fresh. I had to wash it off because it reeked on me. I tried it again and it dried down a bit smoother and the florald appeared a bit more. Thank God it was a free sample, but then I wouldnt have bought it anyway, I like to get a bang out of my buck.

The_Entity
The_Entity

I do like the smell of this, anything vanillary is great on my skin.

The only annoying part is the staying power, I think the price tag is a little much.

A mild frag, at first this reminded me of a much milder Captivating by Ghost

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

I LOVE this fragrance. So soft, clean and the Ugandan vanilla is absolutely lovely! I will definitely be buying a bottle of this. :D

Malegria
Malegria

Tried it several times, and everytime I was thinking:" Where`s the catch? there must be something to it that I keep missing...."
I give up. There is no catch. Just a lots of advertisement work wasted on a bland scent that is undetectable from a bunch of generics, and that loses to a good amount of them. Vanilla is barely there, orchid has fainted, sandalwood is shaking in agony, lily`s really gone, musk has left the building. Where is the scent? I know that I don`t want to smell like a vaguely sweet little nothing, and would not think twice of it smelling it on someone else.
Not for me.

marnielouise
marnielouise

Pure is one of my staple perfumes. I use it every day for work as it smells like fresh linen. Just lovely.

tubita
tubita

This is not boring at all! Far better than cool water and Dkny be delicious! i can see lots of people like these 2 fragrances as summer scents..For me Pure is one of the most beautiful scent for summer.I dont like other Dkny scents.But pure is simply perfect.When i was working in perfume shop i was always wearing this and i got many compliments..love it!

floof
floof

I agree with many reviewers... This is boring, faint, close to the skin, short lasting and cheap smelling. With vanillas (and most fragrances in general) I usually find you get what you pay for- but this is actually pretty expensive considering how much it sucks! I love the idea of this supporting people in need much more than the actual fragrance.. I wish better scents would donate to charity!

oona noir
oona noir

A SA tried to hock this to me and I couldn't even hide my boredom. If I wanted to wear this, I could just skip perfume altogether and save myself the money!

guest_Tracy
guest_Tracy

OMG This product is a big FAIL. I like its smell at the first try so I decided to buy it right away. But guess what? The smell lasted for only 5 seconds after I spayed it. For other perfumes I used to buy, one spray can last for a day or even more.

One word to sum up this scent is "nice." It is really simple and gentle. No one will ask you what you are wearing because this scent is not perfume-y, nor is it overly sweet. Something about it reminds me of Coke that has lost its fizz. Or maybe the description above, "vanilla in water," would work. Yes, that's it--a flat Vanilla Coke with melted ice. But that's not a bad thing.

hathor
hathor

This one probably won't make me popular. maybe it just doesn't agree with my chemistry, but i can't imagine a more bland, boring colourless smell. this is a work meeting on a grey monday morning in november put in a bottle. when i spray it on it smells first of all of absolutely nothing, then comes something that smells like a stale fart trapped in an elevator in an office block. i have to wait a long time before i eventually get a tiny hint of greek or russian orthodox church, but the stale fart lasts too long for me to ever buy this one. a greyish, colourless, depressing smell for an age of angst and political correctness.(by which i mean that hypocritical sort of correctness that's around these days.) prepared for peltings of rotten tomatoes, i'm giving this one the thumbs down!!

Passionflower
Passionflower

I agree with a lot of people here. Pure is pleasant and good for everyday wear. Nice, but nothing special. If you need a fragrance to fit either a job interview or anything else where you don't want to stand out and be safe, choose Pure. After reading the description of Pure, I had high expectations, but it does not make me think of nature at all. It's just another floral scent.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

To me it smells exactly like Lolita Lempicka Forbidden Flower, it smells ok but not as good as Forbidden Flower.

myolderbrother

This is a really clean, 'fresh out of the shower' scent. There isn't a whole lot to it, but it is refreshing and very pretty. Light vanilla, amber, and lotus blossom notes emerge, but they are really low-key, soft, and gorgeous. I absolutely adore fragrances, but there are days when I want something that compliments me without being intrusive (headache days). This is perfect for that... or for a sunny day in jeans and a jacket at the beach.

hollycat
hollycat

This smells like a paired down version of Mugler's Alien. You got the vanilla, jasmine, and wood mix. Aside from that, this perfume is a bore. Its generic and uninspired and smells like all the other newbie perfumes on the market. Its like someone ran out of ideas and just smelled some popular fragrances and made a variation of it. Come on... take a chance with originality.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

this is not worthy of Donna Karan, it's a million miles away from Black Cashmere, Donna Karan or Gold. It's bland and generic, something that CK or Chloe would throw out nowadays (moan, moan)not unpleasant but not great. I notice that it has flopped here.

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

Tried this some months ago at Douglas and just LOVED it then for its cotton-like cleanliness, had it on my wish list ever since. But when I retried today at Marionnaud, it was different. Still, very clean and simple scent. But after a while, it turned to that horrid note I have noticed in other perfumes and which I just HATE. I can only describe it as "soapy". Ugh. Horrible. When I smelled that note, I knew that i already have a perfume in my collection that smells similar - "Floriental Glam" by Yoppy (seems it can't be found on this page). Got that as a gift from a friend that doesn't really know my taste. It's not exactly bad, it just has that ugly soapy note. By the way, and if you want a more popular fragrance comparison, "Armani Code" has that soap note, too. Yuck.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I tried this (again) earlier at Macy's... This latest installment from DKNY isnt bad, I get a lot of vanilla and jasmin here I also get tiny hints of rose. It smells very clean and well pure lol... Its almost a borderline minimalist scent. Seems light but lasted a few hrs on my wrist...I might want a bottle...

Starcrush
Starcrush

Love the cleaness of this fragrance sprayed it on 2 hours ago and its still a strong smell on the skin and i get a whiff of it everytime i lift my arm
amazing!

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Corinne! The reason your teenage son likes this on you is because it smells identical to Viva la Juicy!

Perfumedsecrets

The type of skin scent that just smells nice and pleasant. You can wear it work or around children. I adore vanilla... and wouldn't mind it as a gift, but to buy it would leave me feeling let down somehow. I really have to have more passion about a perfume these days.

guest_Lechalet
guest_Lechalet

I absolutely love this scent! The only disappointment is that it doesn't last that long so I have to spray myself at least 4 times.

guest_sweetlov
guest_sweetlov

nice and clean cotton sheets turning very soapy musky on me....nothing that great....clean...ok scent....i wont buy though....i waiting for gucci guilty perfume!!!!

i received a sample of this perfume at macy's. very innocent, nothing outstanding whatsoever, just a clean innocent non-offensive scent. the mane is perfect, as I do find it extremely pure. having said that, i have to admit it was very comfortable to wear. perfect scent for everyday use.

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

What an inflated name..
The minute I sprayed it said "Daisy", then a little "Juicy" stuff, then DG Light Blue. Nothing special..totally business marketing behind "Ugandan Vanilla" and way more expensive than the rest!

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

Tried a spray of this recently and I really like it. It is perfect for day wear. A light, very gentle floral and soft vanilla fragrance. I think the title is very fitting, it really does remind you of something pure, pure flowers freshly picked but not too overpowering in their aroma. This perfume would be an ideal gift for someone who likes a soft quiet perfume but wants to smell fresh, and clean.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I got to try this out and it was very nice vanilla and light floral. It seemed to be understated and subtle so it could be okay to wear all the time. Sometimes a low key scent is useful if you need to work around fragrance sensitive people. It's not a strong long lasting one and will fade out by afternoon. Then you can apply something stronger for the evening without a clash. I really like it for a daytime perfume. I don't get the age restrictions on this . You can wear this after age 60 if they still make it then. Good for anybody, no restrictions.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A pretty floral EDP but bearable, perfect for teens and even for women up to age 60. It is loaded and simple flowers a little romantic but not very targeted at the romantic. Recommended.

Poca
Poca

Pure DKNY was kinda attracting me before I bought just because of the vanilla scent it stated on the package. I was curious til I tested it directly on my skin. After awhile hhmmm...

- This perfume makes me feel like exactly around my age, 20's, so young feminine and pretty.
- Really nice light vanilla musky scent.
- Lovely and clean.
- It does give such soothing aromatic fresh feeling.
- It's not overpowering and quite long lasting.
- Perfect for office and casual occasion.

So I bought this and I'm satisfied.

tsth
tsth

This smelled just like Hot Couture to me, without the smoke...just lighter berries and spice. But a vanilla/floral lightly spiced. It didn't match the name at all.

dioradddict
dioradddict

i can smell a floral,airy scent, that turns on a floral woody musk scent very close to skin. reminded me of eternity moment (eternity moment is sweeter, pure is simpler)but there´s something woodsy in commom on their base notes (to my nose). I don't get the vanilla from this at all too. not my cup of tea.

personally I don´t like the top notes, a burst of airy, maybe plastic or urban florals on my skin, then it fades and turns to a confort and beautiful musky dry down, very close to skin, good for daily wear. For big fans of original 212 ch style (top notes) who are looking for something simpler but nice.

rainydays
rainydays

Tried this today... I have to say, it was rather nice. Pure DKNY is very, very simple -- a soothing, mature, vanilla-laden floral. It's calming and sweet. I like it, but I don't love it. I'd recommend this for somebody who dislikes bold perfumes and who likes something easy to wear and close to the skin. Longevity is decent.

guest_Joke
guest_Joke

"Pure" my ass. This perfume is full of all the same synthetic chemicals they're all made of. There is no regulation in the cosmetics industry. If you're not reading your ingredients, you're doing yourself a disservice.

guest_Michael Skvortsov
guest_Michael Skvortsov

I've never understood why companies misguide the public by advertising a carcinogenic, chemically-laden product as "eco friendly." Sure it helps women in Uganda and is made from recyclable materials, but it's certainly not going to help the person buying and wearing it.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This was fruity and sweet on me. I also could have sworn I smelled ginger, but it must be a trick of the notes on my chemistry! It reminds me of a "club" fragrance...sweet, fruity, just a little floral, and very outgoing. I don't get much vanilla from this at all. I like it quite a bit!

jonr951
jonr951

I tried this at Nordstrom yesterday. I liked it. Its a very fresh light vanilla scent. I may get me a bottle. The only thing is that it is very light and did not last very long. : (

Allegra
Allegra

As for me, this definitely wasn't love (or even like) at first sniff..in fact it took some time for me to realize the allure and poise of Pure DKNY. The fragrance is quite demure, and for some curious reason it sort of reminds me of women dressed in "Gone with the Wind"-style frocks. I could imagine that Meg in the book "Little Women" would've worn this particular scent :) To put the long story short, I feel that Pure is very fresh, nicely flowery, comforting and gentle fragrance for sophisticated women who do not wish to wear too strong a vanilla scent. A good buy indeed.

B_ildikoo
B_ildikoo

Very nice for people who are searching for something clean, fresh, floral-fruity and feminine, something comfortable and easy to wear. A very modern scent.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Perfect!!! This one have the confort smell that I was looking on a perfume. Reminds me of washed clothes, clean things, very good. Gives me the same sensation I have when I use Lacoste Inspiration.

Simplistic yet likable, Pure by DKNY will leave you feeling feminine, clean and pretty.

Pure and 'white' is really what this fragrance conveys to me. It's a subtle blend of florals with only a slight touch of sweetness.

There is something very soothing about this scent, however it may be difficult finding an occasion to wear it. For me, personally, it's extremely casual, like something you'd wear if you chose to spend the day at home.

I can't pinpoint any particular notes in Pure by DKNY. They all seem to blend together nicely making an all-round, pleasant and clean floral blend.

The lasting strength is so-so. Not particularly long-lasting but not fleeting either. I'd recommend Pure by DKNY as being a good choice for those women that dislike anything too strong or too 'perfumey'. This could be that perfect, gentle and inoffensive floral that they may have been searching for.

arianperfume
arianperfume

I really like this, don't understand these negative reviews, maybe it would be better tried on skin, I have it and I think is quite sexy and pretty in he same time, something in it reminds me discontinued Gloria from Cacharel...It is sweet, I don't feel much vanilla, smells like cherries and orchid. Nice casual every day scent.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Oh i really disliked this,very strange scent..It smells like a liniment i used for spots when i was teenager..Very bad by DKNY

guest_tina
guest_tina

i think is very good mmmmmm

xs
xs

I don't know why it is called "pure". It smells quite dirty, cheap, heavy and overly sweet. I tried it and it made me nauscious + it reminded me of another perfume that I hate which I can't remember.

sofiii
sofiii

Pure isn't as purely amazing and comfortable as I expected after watching the commercial.

It smells fresh in the beginning, but I can detect some headach-inducing element there, which I feel weirdly synthetic.

Soon it gets more vanilla-y with a spicy hint. This reminds me a lot of Crysral Noir by Versace, but Pure is like a watery version of it, and minuse the edgy and essence.

Then it goes creamier, dreamier and woodier, with dominant vanilla and some watery sweet floral scent. However, the headach-inducing notes are always there.

Malibu
Malibu

PURE DKNY reads well, but - sadly - the reality is very different.

I can't think of anything useful to say. For a perfume with the word pure in it's name, it's ironic that the top and heart notes are taken over by a overwhemingly alcoholic smell.
After an hour all that was left is soft wood/vanilla mix. Lovely, but by that point it's too little, too late.

The staying power is poor, especially considering the price. I like the simple, clear bottle design.

swedeangel
swedeangel

something green,a little flowers and no vanilla.
And my only thought: Am i wearing anything at all ?? Its hardly detectable! I pushed the like button for the little i could sense but that was after doubting for a long while.

Marisa36
Marisa36

There must be something wrong with my sense of smell.... I don't smell vanilla at all? I guess I was also expecting something totally different. The initial smell is quite sharp (which must be the vanilla?) and synthetic and my immediate reaction was "oh no". I did test this on paper though to be fair and must say after a few minutes the fragrance turned into something quite pleasant. Definitely get the jasmine etc. I wouldn't spend money on it but also won't be too unhappy if I had to receive it as a gift :-) I just don't get the vanilla element, maybe because I'm used to very sugary fragrances these days? This doesn't have a lot of oomph. Would be good for the office in warm weather.

CorinnePreston
CorinnePreston

I really, really wanted to love this scent as I'm a real vanilla gal.....but, I just can't. To me it smells like an old ladies perfume. One spray and it smells OK but any more than that and it starts to really stink, in fact on me it smells like TM Angel (my least fave perfume). I sprayed it on my little girl just to get a hint of what it smells like on someone else and she ended up smelling like I'd sprayed air freshener on her. My teenage son loves it though, so go figure.... It's back to D&G The One for me.

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

I got given a couple of samples yesterday, which is great as I can't afford it yet!!

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else agrees but I find it very fresh, kind of like a watery vanilla... (maybe the vanilla in water?!)

I really really like it, sillage was great and it was very long lasting. Think it smells very vanillery, but not in a sweet way, a more refreshing way. Also I think it's quite unusual.... haven't smelled much else like this, it's a simple smell, but original IMO. :-)

Miss.M
Miss.M

mymlan's review generally sums this up, except that I think it smells very similar to the original Ghost. On my skin, the vanilla just isn't strong enough or apparent. It just smells very common but having said that, it has great lasting power and I personally would class this as a winter perfume as it is quite heavy (if you like Delicious Night, you will like this one). Certainly different in the DKNY range but nothing special.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is really light and gentle, would make a good weekend or office fragrance. I'd say it's a vanilla for those who don't always love vanilla as it's not hugely overpowering. Nice is the word that comes to mind with this one.

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

I would like to like this one more as I love the idea of the environmentally friendly packaging. This is too light a perfume for me though. I sprayed it on paper in the department store and there was nothing at all left a few hours later. There are plenty of other florals to buy that are more interesting.

Vânia
Vânia

I smell this one yesterday and it realy blows me away...what a smeel, i cant wait to buy it!!!!! Loved it!!!!

miszliz
miszliz

aint nothing special not as pure as i aspected just another airy cheap smell naaah just aint working

mymlan
mymlan

When I first sprayed DKNY Pure on my wrist I got the immediate feeling that I had tested a similar scent before. It took half an hour of research to find it, but there it was: Mediterranean by Arden. It must be the mutual common notes of orchid, amber and sandalwood that creates such a close recognition.

Pure is cleaner and not as heady as Mediterranean, but the similarities between them feels a bit embarassing to me.

I got the same sweet juicy start, with a mote of saltiness, in the opening as I got from Mediterranean. Also similar is the flower/sandalwood mix that creates an unstabel balance between the flowery beauty and the chemical beast. The scent is sometimes smells very close to fabric softener but when you concentrate your thoughts on the notes it becomes a warm floral woody musk which is very pleasant to wear. My nose didn't pick up the vanilla that is said to open up, but there is a translucent veil of something soft and sweet all over the notes that is very comforting. There is no sillage and the longevity is poor. After a while, the only thing I pick up is a tiny simple clean note.

As said in the marketing summary above, Pure is produced according to some ethical principles like some kind of fair trade and environmental consideration commitments. If it's true I like that idea a lot because if it works it can also put some pressure on other houses to adopt Social Corporate Responsibilites.

Summing up: Pure is a pleasant scent which probably will become a crowd pleaser among younger women. Still, I somehow expected something more from the DKNY house.

guest_toetie
guest_toetie

I,ve bought a bottle today and i.m very in love with it! A very good perfume!
So soft and feminine..

fragrancegal310
fragrancegal310

Amazing, it's all I can say. I received a sample and cannot wait to purchase it for myself. A real LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

I received a sample of this fragrance and it is absolutely beautiful. I love the easy, lasting, femininity of this fragrance and I have received so many compliments while wearing it. It is simple yet enticing! The best new fragrance I have seen in a very long time! You must buy this one!

LenaBel
LenaBel

I was offered a sample of it today and it instantly reminded me of Pur Blanca by Avon! They share some notes and are quite similar to my nose. The whole concept is also similar - pure, white, fresh. I used to like Pur Blanca a lot when a was like 12.
It is a nice, fresh floral fragrance, pleasant and calming. Something I would wear in spring while on the vacation, not an "urban" fragrance. Nice but not ground breaking, neither it is supposed to be.

Pure DKNY by Donna Karan 3.69 out of 5 based on 1023 ratings and 213 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Pure DKNY fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan Pure DKNY, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure DKNY by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure DKNY by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.