Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose Donna Karan for women

Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose Donna Karan for women
dislike

Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose Donna Karan for women Pictures Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose Donna Karan for women Pictures

Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose by Donna Karan is a Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose was launched in 2012. The fragrance features turkish rose, black currant, magnolia, cedar, verbena and vanilla.

Turkish Rose Black Currant Magnolia Cedar Verbena Vanilla

Paul Smith Rose
Fleur Fatale
Rose Fraiche

Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose Fragrance Reviews

masami.nakajima
masami.nakajima

Something might be wrong with my nose, but this one is greeted by the scent of tomato juice for me!!
Strong tomato juice and then rose...
I don't dislike though.

bren400
bren400

When I first sprayed this I thought it smelled just like roses and instantly took me back to my childhood years. After about-let's say 10 minutes, it brought me back to the present because it smells just like Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. I sprayed it on my arm on 3 different occasions and I get the same thing. I seriously don't know why I'm the only one that thinks it does.

CitrusHead
CitrusHead

Lovely fresh/dewy rose with lemon verbena, a bit of vanilla, cedar & too much currant. The currant mucks it up & makes it an unsophisticated & ho hum perfume. I would wear this all the time if it were not for the currant. The rose is absolutely lovely & the verbena is a pretty green lemon scent. I feel they were going for the marketing angle of all the sickly sweet fruit perfumes when they threw in the currant. They didn't go crazy with sweet currant but it's still a bit much. No nasty patchouli. It lasts all day & in to the next on my skin. The sillage is big (not huge)- one spritz is plenty.

If you like fresh rose & a bit of sweet currant, you will probably love this. For me, it's a "Like" not a "Love".

I also bought the "Pure DKNY - A Drop of Vanilla" at the same time. It starts out lovely with vanilla, rose & cedar but the currant is way too overpowering & throws the balance off making it almost sickly sweet. They should have named it "Drop of Currant" because that is the most noticeable note. I was hoping for a lovely vanilla perfume. It lasts and lasts on me & has plenty of sillage; one small spritz lasted until the next day & I did not have to sniff my wrist to smell it in the air. If you like fruity sweet scents but not the teen type of sweet scent - you may like this. It's not disgusting sweet like "Fancy" but definitely sweet.

These two scents are interesting in that they have pretty much the same scent notes but in different quantities.

fiouu
fiouu

It's a clean rose scent, very safe and likeable. I usually get a lot of compliments When i wear this. Yes It does not have too much longevity but for summer it's perfect, as I don't like the way perfumes that last too much on skin get with heat and sweat. It avoids the summer perfume weirdness.

Hollie
Hollie

My review is the exact same as Aliakatt, before me. Beautiful, true rose with no staying power. A shame.

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

This smells like a real rose, not a synthetic or overly sweet, powdery rose. Much as I loved the scent, I didn't find that it lasted that long on me. Very disappointing.

Very nice summer-scent. A bit "dry" rose in nice mix with Verbena, Vanilla, Magnolia and Cedar. I also have Prada Infusion de Rose - and they are like sisters, they share the "dry" abit dark unsweet Rose-note. Great!!

En riktigt härlig sommar-doft. Lite "torr" ros-not i go mix med Verbena, Vanilj, Magnolia och Cederträ
Jag äger oxå Prada Infusion de Rose, de är lite lika, som syskon ungefär. De delar den lite "torra" djupa osöta Ros-noten. Härligt!!

Water_is_my_life
Water_is_my_life

This reminds me of a rose-scented face cream I used to use as a kid, and I have to say it's really nostalgic. This perfume smells like real rose...not the synthetic smell of roses, but actual, full-on rose.

If I have to compare it, I would compare it to something like l'Occitaine's Rose 4 Reines...very heady rose. For me, the rose scent turns powdery, but remains a steady rose scent on my skin...it also lasts quite long on my skin. It's definitely a very classic, feminine scent.

lvscents
lvscents

The concept of the Pure range appeals to me. The use of recycled materials appeals to me.
Unfortunately however, what comes out of the bottle just doesn't really do it for me.
Like katuliena says, it has weak staying power. Other people may smell it on her, but on me it just disappears.
This is not supposed to be a heavy hitting queen of rose perfume, I get that, but ... I couldn't even call it a skin scent. Spray .. oh! a little dusty rose .. pouf! .. it's gone!
Being an optimist and positive person it took me a long time to decide whether or not to post a review about Drop of Rose as I don't like to be negative. Being honest about an experience though, I think, is more valuable.
This one will, sadly, be going on my swap list when I arrange it. Shame ...

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Beautifully simple! I can see myself purchasing this after finishing my recently gifted bottle. Potential staple, for sure! Dusty, but fresh.. not overly sweet or dry, feels very close to a purely natural scent. Perfect for the spring!

sisanirg
sisanirg

Pure, sweet and fresh rose scent. Very lovely.

LisaMari

After trying this a few more times I don't like it :( the dry down is a sickly lemon - I guess that is the verbena. yuck.

LisaMari

On me, I definitely notice the Turkish rose, musky magnolia and cool vanilla..
Overall a nice, subtle musky almost skin like rose - theres a little too much magnolia though which gives it a slight powderyness.

katuliena

Love this fragrance. I thought it has very weak staying power, but this is not true. It is just my nose, other people notice the smell. And I can hear compliments. Using DKNY a drop of rose and Paul Smith Rose. I love both of them. But DKNY has sharpnesss, I think it is black currant, but it is a good thing to me. It is still very clean, very fresh and feminine fragrance

Pinup6
Pinup6

One of the most classic and beautiful fragrances DKNY could have come up with.
It is TRUE to it's name. Rose is absolutely what you get. It does have a very powdery and soft dry down.

My skin is tough to hold on to certain fragrances...but this one is just beautiful.
I have been in love with this. Luckily I have a huge bottle which is quickly nearing it's end.

Would I re-buy? YES. Definitely.

katushka37
katushka37

I think the name of the fragrance desribes it accurately - it smells like pure, fresh and uncomplicated rose oil. It reminds me a lot of Stella McCartney Stella, but a bit less overpowering. I like this fragrance but I prefer my rose scent to be even more subtle (more like rosewater rather than rose oil).

katuliena

I love this fragrance, but it has a very weak staying power. I have to apply it after 1 hour. I got very dry sking, that could be the reason. But the scent is very feminine.

SakuyaJemJem
SakuyaJemJem

The first fragrance that I can call it has true 'fresh cut roses' scent.

It smells very soft, sensual and feminine.
Just like its name 'A Drop Of Rose', this perfume makes me feel like I'm laying down on a bed of roses and rose petals are dropping all over my body. LOL

If you're a big fan of rose, this perfume is the one you should not miss. ;)

Mercedesxoxo
Mercedesxoxo

This is a stunning rose perfume for those of us that do not care for rose perfumes. This scent is delicate, angelic and lacks the harsh cloying and bitter nature of Tea Rose. I can see this scent being worn by a teen girl at ballet class and an older woman alike. It wears close to skin for me. Like the only other rose scent I can wear (Narcisco Rodriguez For Her EDT), it is non-soapy and makes me feel innocent.

aura2424
aura2424

just got it today ! lovely rose scent with a hint of green that you get from the hip of a full bloom. just sprayed a little on my wrist but still getting a nice waft while moving my hands.

nurhidayah
nurhidayah

Just bought this perfume.i love the scent.feeling like I'm the sweetest girl now.very feminine, girly n soft.

liban23
liban23

This might one of the most beautiful rose perfumes I have ever smelled. I tried really hard to like "Florabotanica" but felt that it was too "perfumey." This one is the total opposite. It literally smells like pure rose, as if they just blended a bouquet of roses and threw it in a bottle. It's soft and feminine, and I feel like that is what Florabotanica was lacking.

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

Ah, this is what I like to call my "ballerina perfume." I'm not one for rose scents but this is lovely. The rose is surprisingly fresh- not musty or cloying. It's smells like a legit rose straight out of the garden. Delicate, pure and ladylike. Recommend!

krem.karamel
krem.karamel

It makes me feel like i'm in a rose garden. Fascinating!!!

By now I got this as a gift. It reminds of Paul Smiths' Rose and I would have liked a replacement, but the DKNY Rose has very weak staying power. Also as such I find this scent weak. It doesn't come out as nice and sparkling as Paul Smiths' Rose. Also there are notes in it, maybe cedar and amber, that spoil the rose experience.

pomdgf
pomdgf

This is a second rose scent after Jo Malone that I suddenly buy in a minute after sniff from my wrist. Wow ! this is a soft truly rose scent and so fresh in the same time. Simply beautiful for everyday.

Very nice . Seems like a good replacement for the discontinued Paul Smith Rose.

warunphan
warunphan

Love this !!! Very rosey , romance and fresh ... And still fresh rose scent all time But top note and middle note almost like Paul Smith Rose except base note still fresh than Paul Smith rose !!!

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I tested my sample yesterday. It's very fresh and clean rose scent but for my absolutely not soapy. There is something disturbing in it, some green note which disappears slowly. This for my nose comes always with rose smell. I am not a fan but i'm happy i could test it and remind myself that about rose my taste still stays the same.

poivrerose
poivrerose

Very clean, very pretty - pure and fresh rosy floral. Dries down to a soft floral/citrus soapiness. Really just very pleasant and inoffensive. Somehow modern and fresh smelling despite the genre. Not sweet at all, it is crsip with a hint of bitterness. I get no sweet fruit or vanilla. The notes that stand out are rose and verbena. Even though it stays fairly close to the skin, it is quite long lasting. A clean, soapy, citrus rose.

Marie76
Marie76

Nice, more "rosey" than a hint/drop of roses would make you think from its name, but it is a layered and lovely fragrance non the less. I detect jasmin in it as well. The dry down in me is too sweet, and this fragrance has no sort of "edge" to it, it's very soft and un-intrussive, not my kind of thing, I like it for work when I need calm.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

Never have I been a fan of rose scents, but this one? Lovely! Delicate, pink petals, stem, leaf and earth, bursting with fragrance after a summer shower.

Amazingly light, fresh and natural. Not at all like the heavy, cloying retro rose our great grandmothers wore.

This one definately falls into the "new breed of rose scents" category and IMO, is the best of the" Pure" flankers.

summerlotus
summerlotus

I love roses, but not necessary the heady essence of rose that a lot of perfumes seem to incorporate. This light, natural, almost ethereal smell encompasses your rose garden after a rain shower. Pure rose, feminine and unambiguous. Perfect scent for anyone who is a rose fan.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Looooooooove this. Straight up rose, so fem, so pretty. must have

karencherries
karencherries

this is pure fresh cut roses! nice and simple, more fitting to the name 'pure' than the original.

Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose by Donna Karan 3.92 out of 5 based on 207 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donna Karan Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Donna Karan Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose by Donna Karan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure DKNY A Drop Of Rose by Donna Karan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.