Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Givrine E. Coudray for women

Givrine E. Coudray for women
dislike

Givrine E. Coudray for women Pictures Givrine E. Coudray for women Pictures Givrine E. Coudray for women Pictures Givrine E. Coudray for women Pictures

Givrine by E. Coudray is a Floral fragrance for women. Givrine was launched in 1950. The nose behind this fragrance is Evelyne Boulanger. Top notes are kumquat, bergamot and watermelon; middle notes are peony, gardenia, violet and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, musk and white woods.

Kumquat Bergamot Watermelon

Peony Gardenia Violet Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk White Woods

Neiges

Givrine Fragrance Reviews

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Monstrous ! It stArts with beautiful citrus top notes so I sprayed lots. After a few minutes those citrus notes disappear and all that is left is a grotesquely powdery scent , not as in a beautiful lipstick powdery style but as in cheap baby powder. It's so strong it made me noseated, I felt like I was going to puke. The cloud of powder was choking me. I went to the bathroom to wash it off, the scent remained even after 2 washes with lots of soap. Horrible to say the least , too bad because the bottle is very pretty .

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

Exceptionally well balanced and subtle, even for men :o)

Almost on a par, is the lovely Ambre et Vanille (which to me a gourmand fragrance, though it is quoted on Fragrantica as Oriental fragrance for women) is less likely to appeal for general wearing throughout the day, whereas this bottle of Givrine is.

poppy firth
poppy firth

This perfume is a great favourite of mine. Its incredibly comforting and elegant .It does remind me of Chique Yardley for women.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Givrine opens with a graceful and lively accord of aldehydes, soapy/talcum notes, lavender, other flowers (I thought of gardenia, I read there's also peony and lily), perhaps ylang and a base accord of sandalwood, vanillin and light green-fruity-citrus notes. Pretty much it, a classic floral composition "à la Provençale", not that natural but rather on the classic French style, so with a round, slightly metallic aldehydes side, still elegant and refined, although a bit dull. However it manages to stay fresh, lively, aerial, silky and soapy, developing a slightly creamy and light powdery side while remanining bright and breezy. Pleasant, understated but well-made. A cozy late-summer afternoon in a country garden.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

My sometimes musk-anosmia strikes again! I don't smell anything sweet and fluffy here at all. It's a musty citrus, like someone with a very small bottle of lemon Pledge is tackling a very large, very dusty old house. No sparkle, no sweet. Just pale, washed out, dingy grapefruit. So sad.

likes2paint
likes2paint

For me, this scent is a wonderful water-filled vase of flowers. Light and refreshing. It develops into a scent that is like an early summer morning in flower garden, just after a light shower and the sun comes in to dry off the flowers. Whilst it seems a bit difficult to describe, if you like early summer, spring rain and lightly scented flowers, you will like this one.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

I get the same vibe as Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez from this.I am only adding this as no one seems to come up with anything that smells similar.

It's not as loud and pronounced but you can get the vibe.It does last quite a while on my skin.you think it's gone but you do catch whiffs of it all the time.

My only wish with this was for the notes to have been more pronounced.Dont let the patchouli here scare you:it's just not there.However if you love musc then you will be ok with the offering in this.
All in all,a clean pleasant smell that even men can wear

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

I can barely discern individual notes in the beginning of this marvelous blend, but a fluffy musky powdery sweetness of a creamy quality. Along with the scent development, I can say it is a powdery violet, with a hint of shy peony, the rose is also very discrete, what I definitely greet. No tart citruses, they seem to be there only to flare the composition.
It recalls in me the presence of a nice lady who doesn't like to overwhelm, but is as kind as a fresh warm bread, somebody on which I could rely till the end of my life and who would be ashamed by my gratitude.
Rather a skin scent than a sillage monster, but steadily there, for ever and ever (since last evening on my right wrist, I can still feel it).
Also the layering with the spicy sharp nutmeg of CSP L'Eau du Gouverneur is a very viable marriage for me, in which both perfumes seem to atenuate eventual mistakes of the other partner, while amplifying the qualities.

kraxa
kraxa

Beautiful fresh, clean scent with a hint of honeylike sweetness. Pretty and elegant bottle, the only problem is- having sprayed my wrists in Fortnum & Mason on Picadilly, by the time I got to the nearest tube station Green Park ( 10 minutes max) the whole thing evaporated without a trace. What a shame.

winx61

I find it a very feminine and delicate scent. I loved it ...
For those who love the classic chypre floral, not too heavy is ideal.
Very cool at first, eventually releases its delicate floral heart. For those who love or loved Diorella is to try!

winx61

Lo trovo un profumo delicatissimo e molto femminile. Mi è piaciuto subito...
Per chi ama i classici chypre floreali, non troppo pesanti è l'ideale.
Molto fresco all'inizio, col tempo rilascia il suo cuore floreale molto delicato. Per chi ama o ha amato Diorella è da provare!

DawnLady3
DawnLady3

Very pleasant citrussy fragrance - not too sharp. Good for spring and summer, but could be worn anytime. Shouldn't annoy or overpower anyone.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about E. Coudray Givrine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about E. Coudray Givrine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Givrine by E. Coudray. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Givrine by E. Coudray represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.