Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Vanille Et Coco E. Coudray for women

Vanille Et Coco E. Coudray for women
dislike

coconut
Vanille Et Coco E. Coudray for women Pictures Vanille Et Coco E. Coudray for women Pictures Vanille Et Coco E. Coudray for women Pictures Vanille Et Coco E. Coudray for women Pictures Vanille Et Coco E. Coudray for women Pictures

Vanille Et Coco by E. Coudray is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. Vanille Et Coco was launched in 1989. Top notes are lavender, anise and poplar (populus) buds; middle notes are iris, orange blossom, coconut, jasmine and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean and vanilla.

Lavender Anise Poplar (Populus) buds

iris Orange Blossom Coconut Jasmine Ylang-Ylang

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Vanilla

Vanille Et Coco Fragrance Reviews

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

This was a blind buy and I must admit I was not prepared for this scent.
I guess it's my fault as just looking at the bottle, I should have at least guessed what was in store.

The first thing you get after spraying this perfume is a HUGE puff of powder. Real, old-fashioned, baby powder of maximal intensity. Do you know these old ladies that used to powder themselves everywhere, face, body, all over? Well, that's ho powdery it gets.
I was really shocked (and a bit choked) by it, and it seemed like a very big disappointment. Yet I didn't scrub it off and I'm very glad I didn't.
If you let the powder cloud settle down and sink, you get a very nice vanilla scent with some sweet coconut that works wonders at taming the powdery effect. It becomes a sort of sweet gourmand, yummy perfume that invites cuddles and nibbling.
It has a bit of "l'eau pour faire dodo" vibe to it - you can wear it and just go to sleep. It has a bit of a soporific (or at least calming) effect. Nothing edgy here, no puns, no twists and turns. Just sweet powder that lightens over time.
I deem it perfect for winter eves, with complimentary blankets and a hot beverage.

Shwets
Shwets

I'm so glad you mentioned this Malia.
This really confirms I haven't lost my marbles. It smelt immediately like teint de neige bit lighter in powder minus the odd note that made me queasy.
Loving the play doh vibe on my skin.

polly golightly
polly golightly

no no no, non mi piace: mi aspettavo qualcosa di tropicale e solare, magari convenzionale, invece mi sono imbattuta in un accordo molto old-fashioned, estremamente polveroso, in cui del cocco non c'è manco l'ombra e la vaniglia è scarsamente riconoscibile. si direbbe quindi un profumo che non mantiene quello che promette, e, per me che non faccio pazzie per la vaniglia e il cocco in versione gourmand, sarebbe potuto essere una piacevole sorpresa. invece no: le note predominanti sono floreali e sgradevoli, l'iris compare, ahimè, solo per conferire un che di talcato che sa, indiscutibilmente, di vecchia signora. io non sono una signora e, almeno per il momento, neppure vecchia.

djuzz.becuzz

Reviewed it before and will do it again with a different discription this time; this smells like warm, freshly baked cookies with vanilla essence and shredded coconut and powdered sugar on top...
Still enjoy it! :)

LisaMari
LisaMari

This is soooo powdery, its like shoving your nose into a dry foundation compact. V old fashioned, fussy scent. I get the coconut but here its just decrepit and covered in ancient dust.. the vanilla is more like chocolate, dry and powdery of course, a bit like a desiccated Ferrero rocher. Big disappointment, I don't hate it but I had high hopes for this one and certainly wont wear it again, way too old fashioned, in a bad way. Great longevity, moderate to soft sillage

HalfBaked
HalfBaked

I can't believe the amount they are charging for this. Very weak play doh vanilla, maybe a hint of amaretto. I can't detect any clear coconut at all. I slathered this on and can only smell it if I press my nose against it.

lilalina
lilalina

This is not a mainly "Vanille et Coco" scent.. It has alot of floral notes, waxy mixed with the coconut. The floral notes make it alot more suntan. I didn't like it.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Second time wearing VeC, this time for a full day.
Extremely powdery coconut vanilla, somewhat similar/same family as Ombre Rose but more subdued. Longevity is 3-4 hours. Projection is nothing to write home about.
This is perfectly office appropriate but it's somehow... too nice.

This also makes it:

Visit your in laws- appropriate
Church-choir-appropriate
Library-reading appropriate
Baby-minding-appropriate
Housewive-appropriate (the 50's advert kind of housewive)

In other words, it's SO not me. I like it, don't mind smelling it but it's so boring and so non-descript that I can't see myself wasting any more days wearing it when there are so many great perfumes out there with far more personality that beckon me.
It's a safe blind buy but I wouldn't recommend it since you don't want to recommend wearing the equivalent of a yawn.

darksome
darksome

Vanille Et Coco opens with a pinch of bitterness that reminds me in some way on Cartier's - Le Baiser Du Dragon but without the vetiver that turns on me like pickle dills (that's the reason I gave away LBDD). The bitterness in the combination with creamy notes gives this scent something that gives it wings. It manages to smell at the same time gourmand and perfumey, which is a difficult task for most gourmands without smelling too mainstream. It also smells in some way vintage, lipsticky?

But what's this bitter note?! Is this amaretto? Coffee? Quick look at the pyramid reveals there's no coffee in here, but I smell it! Maybe its the anise with combination with iris? I'm clueless, but it works! Bitter, sweet and creamy.

The more to the drydown the more VeC becomes powdery. The bitter note mellows down. At this point I get the iris. But what a excellent one – trust me, I'm a big hater of any iris scents, but this one is truly different – just like the nice fresh, weightless powder note that you get when you smell a reall iris flower. Not pungent, not screechy, just nice and mellow. Behind iris there's a runner up – ylang ylang. It just gives us a more full bodied and exotic and a very buttery feeling of the scent. The floral notes are prominent, but not the main players – there's vanilla, powdery and creamy and coconut, oppulent and fatty.

In the drydown the floral and bitter notes disappear almost completely, there's just an aura of them that tells us not to forget them completely. In this stage the powdery vanilla amps up, smelling like vanilla crescent cookies and the coconut turns even creamier. Excellent and unforgettable. Raw and unique.

Moshino
Moshino

Definitely love at first sniff and it's been my signature perfume ever since (for the past 5 years). Very simple scent, yet very pleasant and sophisticated. Stay power is not great, but it's a good reason to keep spraying it over and over :)

GabrielaBurolo
GabrielaBurolo

The ultimate summer scent for me. I get so many compliments on this one. Works perfectly with my skin. Guys wanne eat you like a cake!

djuzz.becuzz

A lovely soft & cuddly fragrance. It's not too loud, but definitely present, lingers around me nicely.
I don't detect all of the notes, on my skin it's basically a soft creamy mixture of vanilla, coconut, tonka & a faint hint of Ylang Ylang.
It stays pretty much the same from opening till dry down.
Longevity seems to be fine, I'm wearing it for three hours now where I can still smell it on myself pretty good without making an efford.
Most scents would have faded to barely detectable by now,...
♥♥♥♥

lLaura
lLaura

For me this was a perfect mix between a vanilla-coconut pie meets lipstick. It is a very well done mix. And although I love vanilla&coconut, I'm not buying this. It doesn't have that special note or smell, at least not on my skin.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Very warm, fuzzy and cosy. Vanilla and coconut shavings, with thick and creamy ylang ylang and a nice helping of tonka, smoothly blended. This is a wonderful rendering of coconut, that's not at all tropical and summery. What struck me most about this scent was how much it resembled Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. They smell extremely extremely similar on my skin, only this has a pinch of powderiness where Un Bois Vanille is a bit sweeter. I would go for a full bottle of this one however, as Un Bois Vanille is almost too sweet in its top notes. A wonderful scent for cold windy days or rainy days bundled up.

Blimunda
Blimunda

Mmm, the milkiest fragrance I have ever tried! It gives the feeling of drinking a warm glass of milk with coconut flavor and a spoonful of sugar! So calming, innocent and gentle.

The most unique coco scent, totally different from all those sun tan lotion smells.

Staying power 4/5

Sillage 4/5

cocobella
cocobella

this one is (as many others already said) really just coconut and vanilla. it is not bad, vanilla and coconut are two of my favourite notes, consequently i do not find this fragrance bad in any way. nevertheless, i think there are many other fragrances( containing these two notes) that are much better. if this one would be less expensive (in my country) i probably would consider buying a bottle of this stuff, but not for the high pricetag it has here.

malia
malia

I've met this perfume on my trip to Vienna. What a pleasant surprise this scent was! From the first sniff i knew i'm in love with it. It's very soft, warm and cosy, with a right dose of vanilla. I feel very charming and all feminine wearing it. Delicious fragrance. People always wondering what that lovely smell is!! It reminds me of Teint de neige which i also own. Vanilla et coco is warmer, lighter, more subtile. I'm gonna enjoy my big bottle of this delightful juice. A beauty with a smile!!!

This is so far the only Coudray scent I somehow liked. Vanilla and Coconut. The name says already what it is.

LucyZulu
LucyZulu

Based on the reviews and being a lover of vanilla, I expected great things of this fragrance. Unfortunately, I get only a big, blousy waft of dusty, sweet vanilla and no coconut. This smells to me really old fashioned and cloying.

I dabbed this on my wrist before going to bed and woke the next morning to find that my bed linen reeked of stale and musty vanilla.

As is the way with the fragrances we can't get along with, the staying power is huge!

I'm so sorry, and can't understand why I should smell this so differently to the majority here.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

No, Tuberose_and_Sand...I don't get Shalimar from this at all. I agree with EnglishCountryGarden wholeheartedly.

To me, this is such a warm, creamy, yet powdery-light-floral vanilla. It's grown-up, yet young-at-heart. After the initial blast of alcohol that lasts only for a few seconds, it sweetens up and you can't help but fall hard for the delicious warm vanilla pastry served with edible powdered flowers. I noticed that when I sniff up close, all I smell is vanilla. But from a distance, or without smelling your wrists, you get a beautiful dusting of floral (which I can't identify) on top of the delicious vanilla coconut note. This is nothing like the CSP fragrances--which are mainly just tooth-achingly sweet & rich. This one somehow remains elegant to my nose--perhaps it's due to the powdery-like flowers that prevent it from being at all childish. Furthermore, it has lasted for 8+ hours on me. I can't wait to wear it in the colder months!

tuberose_and _sand
tuberose_and _sand

This to me smells amazingly similar to Shalimar, about 5 minutes after I have sprayed it on. I am completely surprised..has anybody else experienced this?

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

An unashamedly delicious and girly Creme Brulee of a perfume. Not for the faint hearted, for the vanilla is indeed a deep, creamy and luscious base upon which dance but a few scintillating notes. The coconut is deepend by the vanilla, thus losing what can often be an overpowering sweetness. There is a delightful powdery iris which holds this juice together, giving it "just enough metal", and whilst, yes, the first blast is reminiscent of the "come hither" trail of the finest patisserie/chocolaterie, it never becomes overpowering. It is soft, comforting, smooth as a glass of cold milk with a side order of coconut ice cream. I also own Jacinthe et Rose. Where the excess spray of these two have fallen on my pillows, the combined scent dances, Salome stylee, seductive, alluring, and of course, utterly irresistible. A few of my friends swear by Vainille Et Coco, when wearing it, they say, they are always complimented on their scent.

Natalia78
Natalia78

How I love this fragrance!

Maybe because of the anise notes that won't make me sick in the contrary to other perfumes containing that ingredient.

It is bitter sweet in top notes; iris trying to overpower coconut.
Dry down is smooth and warm - sweet and indulgent.

Very elegant and feminine fragrance.
10 points for lasting power.

XSX
XSX

Don't expect anything complicated - it is vanilla and coconut at their very best. The first sniff might bit a little bit brisk : star anis, iris( you can actually detect them if you try hard) but almost automatically it becomes chocolate sweet, very comfortable and warm.

To wear it is to constantly feel pleasure and delicateness. I especially like this feeling in cold winter days like these, when it fills the cool air around me.

I got so many comliments wearing this perfume, like never before, so i had to write my review and recomand it for those who can purchase it. Unfortunately, it is not so easy in my country. This perfume made me a fan of vanilla fragrances, so I am searching for something that might be similar.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about E. Coudray Vanille Et Coco fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about E. Coudray Vanille Et Coco, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanille Et Coco by E. Coudray. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanille Et Coco by E. Coudray represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.