Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Jardin du Poete Eau D`Italie for women and men

Jardin du Poete Eau D`Italie for women and men
dislike

Jardin du Poete by Eau D`Italie is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Jardin du Poete was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are grapefruit, bitter orange and basil; middle notes are immortelle, angelica and pink pepper; base notes are vetiver, musk and cypress.

Grapefruit Bitter Orange Basil

Immortelle Angelica Pink Pepper

Vetiver Musk Cypress

Kallocain

Jardin du Poete Fragrance Reviews

duskangel101
duskangel101

On a sampling card, it smells very promising: fresh, crisp, perfectly acerbic. But on my skin, it turns into a cucumber powder confection-- like something you'd find at Abercrombie&Fitch. Enough said.

CardaGiorgio
CardaGiorgio

If you want to have Mugler Cologne paying much more money, buy this.

sfdla
sfdla

It kicks off with a mouth-watering, uplifting grapefruit--which is gone within a minute, supplanted by melon. I've never been a big fan of Body Shop fruit scents and I sure don't want to smell like an overripe honeydew. On the plus side, the melon starts to break up and lift away like the grapefruit. On the minus, it just doesn't quite go away.

Within 10 minutes, this smells like fake spring. Once upon a time in a snowbound misery, I forced some paperwhite bulbs. So pretty, but so stinky. The horrible, acrid, hits-you-right-between-the-eyes smell took over my entire apartment. Lesson learned: these flowers are for the outside and they will punish you for tricking them into thinking it's spring.

I digress. Jardin de Poete continues to cheerfully rot its way through melon and indole. And yet, it smells completely generic. Epic fail.

Lana148
Lana148

Opens with a soft & zesty, herbal grapefruit - beautiful! I got super exited about this mix as I am loving citrus and I'm looking for good grapefruit fragrance. Unfortunately the opening didn't last and very quickly turned to some sweet, musky, fresh - generic scent on my skin. A let down!

Killercolours
Killercolours

An interesting combination of notes! Aquatic without being cucumber- or melon packed, and barely any musk. Really fresh and nice if it works on your skin! Sadly after half an hour something in this turned into cat pee on my partner who was wearing it, I'm glad we didn't have more than a sample.. And I'm sorry that I blamed the cat for peeing on the bed all day! Oops..

Also, Swedes! Emma S Pure Ocean line basically smells identical. Without the pee. xo

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

No projection with low sillage. Grapefruit with light spices is what I get from this disaster of a scent. How can someone say it's the best if it last 30 minutes. Do not blind buy this. Stick to Issey Miyake or 212 Herrera.

alberto1964
alberto1964

L'Eau D'Italie is a nineteenth-century painting depicting a garden of cypresses and cedars in the coasts of the Mediterranean. Really poetic, soft, dandy, ideal for those who love intense green notes.

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

1 of the best spring clean fragrance but the probleme is the silage stay realy close to the skin after 30min on you but wow factor is there masterpiece for sure but miss some power sadly!!!

alepoz84
alepoz84

I was surprised, it amazed me this perfume, basil, bitter orange, grapefruit, angelica, vetiver and cypress ... for me these are the most influential notes, each of which is open during the hours is fantastic .... apprezzatela calmly in the chaos of the city and not a race ..... smell of perfume, smell the hand wrist arm, after hearing the notes TRUE ...... there is reality in this scent .... very Italian ..... for more price 98 € 100 ml
rating 9/10

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

for me is the same like Jardin Pre la mosson by hermes just without the melon smell and more lemon!

anyway- i like it more then hermes

esteban747
esteban747

It opens with grapefruit, and probably one of the most realistic grapefruit I've ever smelled. It reminded me of L'Eau D'Issey in a way.
Then a green herbal scent starts to appear, it becomes more rustic and earthy.
The vetyver and sandalwood makes it a little more masculine, but just slightly, sice the sillage is quite soft.
So far this is not a surprising fragrance, nice green, fresh. But not something new.
Basically grapefruit and green/woods.

Frunkinator
Frunkinator

It begins with a salty citrus sea breeze vibe for the first few seconds. That quickly turns into the exact smell of walking through the vines of a vegetable garden. Picture yourself kneeling down and picking through the vines, leaves and dirt as you catch whiffs of mixed vegetables and herbs. The tomato leaf note in this fragrance does not smell like tomatoes or sauce. But as described by the owner Marina to me... "It's the smell of the green vine or stem you get from a tomato bush". This is spot on, and can be experienced by putting your nose to any fresh stem in your garden. It's earthy, bitter and naturally sweet. The fragrance is very natural smelling with no harsh synthetic or heavy alcohol smells even at first sniff.
As the fragrance progresses, there is a seductive floral note that creeps through giving the herbal freshness a softer and sweet touch. The base notes are vetiver and musks which keep everything grounded and longer lasting. The citrus and herbal notes appear to cling to the musks never losing their scent. You also get hints of the dry vetiver after a few hours, but surprisingly the fragrance still keeps its freshness.The floral notes also play a major role in creating an overall balance. It's never too "green" or too floral, or masculine or feminine. But rather its a unique, salty citrus herb garden after a warn sun shower on a beautiful summer day.

When it comes to age group, I'd say 20 and up.

Season: perfect for Spring and Summer, (or a gloomy day in the winter.)

Occasion: Casual daily use, not for nights out unless its an outdoor party. Could easily be used at work because its an easy scent for people to enjoy. (Especially vegetarians)

Projection: Not a beast, but stays at about 6 inches away. Sillage makes up for whats not projecting. Who wants to gas out a room on a hot summer day...

Sillage is very good for a fresh fragrance. First 4 hours just walking by someone will give off the scent. The next three hours or so sits closer to the skin but detectable by those you like ;)

Longevity: I'm getting a consistent 7 hours. A little more on days I start to warm up at the end of the day. Otherwise, it's a perfect warm weather work or casual pick me up scent. Will at least get you through a full day, allowing you to reapply for a casual night out, or layer over for a whole new event.

Overall: I love it. Perfect warm weather fragrance. It's fresh, long lasting, unique and original. But, like any fragrance don't judge by the top notes! Let this beauty evolve and change on the skin. You WON'T be disappointed!

Londonchick
Londonchick

From the notes mentioned I thought I'd like it. Ladies this is a unisex one for sure so if left in the bathroom it may become 'shared'.
Starts with overwhelming grapefruit in a fresh way. I detect some bergamot but its
Not listed in the notes, then maybe some tomato leaf which I strangely love. I was waiting for the drydown and the development but it didn't happen, no progression. Very strong, almost bitter grapefruit will get you moving in the morning. This is quite an early morning fragrance. Sadly after an hour you will surprisingly smell nothing, zilch, not a thing !

9154mf
9154mf

This reminds me also of tomatoes on the vine, a fresh cirtus/herbal scent, not too bitter, which slowly turns into a soft peppery-citrus scent. Not for me, I think this would suit a guy best, although it's definitely unisex.

zoka
zoka

This scent reminds me on the smellof tomato green leavs even if they list basil, angelica and immortal... I could sware that is green tomato lives. Anyway it is so nice refreshing and perfect especially for Italian hot summer.

Aromatic and bitter citruses on top (mainly grapefruit) with a tad of basil, leafy green notes and peppery undertones turning into a clean vetiver/musky base. It could have been a very nice fragrance if it weren't for a weird wet-flowers vibe I get just right after the opening.

Rating: 6.5/10

Marilie
Marilie

This is a fruity, herbal fragrance that starts with a lot of bitter orange and basil. I am glad the grapefruit is not that dominant for I normally don't like perfumes with strong citrus notes.

On my skin the basil really comes to life, later joined by the cypress.
I smell like a herb garden and God do I enjoy it! It is like being on holiday in Sicily, standing in your own little garden at the edge of a forest. It is warm and dry and all the herbs share their smell with you.

Is there a downside you ask: Yes, there is. Sadly, this gorgeous scent leaves you after only 1 hour and you can't make it last longer, no matter how much you spray.

If this one hour of joy makes you happy enough that 100 EUR are worth it - go for it! With a bit more cash in hand, I'd totally understand.

paxtt
paxtt

This is the perfect fragrance for warm, sunny days/balmy evenings, linen shirts and fedora's. The only disappointment is that (on me) the fragrance is so short lived. You get the lovely, intense (not over powering) top notes but there is very little under the surface. Unless you are willing to carry the bottle around with you, after a liberal application you can expect it to last approximately two hours.
I wouldn't buy it again because of this but I am enjoying it immensely while it lasts.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

The notes seemed exactly like this would be in line with scents I enjoy. The opening was a nice orange-grapefruit mix, the bitterness of the grapefruit ensuring the orange did not become overly sweet. However, this was where the scent remained; it did not seem to develop, nor did I find any other notes noticeable in the dry-down; in fact, it only seemed to become more bitter and intense. It was a good start, followed by a disappointing overpowering bitter orange - lots of sillage for a citrusy fragrance!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Eau D`Italie Jardin du Poete fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Eau D`Italie Jardin du Poete, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jardin du Poete by Eau D`Italie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jardin du Poete by Eau D`Italie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.