Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Paestum Rose Eau D`Italie for women and men

Paestum Rose Eau D`Italie for women and men
dislike

smoky
Paestum Rose Eau D`Italie for women and men Pictures Paestum Rose Eau D`Italie for women and men Pictures Paestum Rose Eau D`Italie for women and men Pictures Paestum Rose Eau D`Italie for women and men Pictures

The scent of wild roses of the ancient civilization of Paestum was the foundation on which the Italian perfumery was built, and this tradition is captured in Eau d’Italie Paestum Rose.

Paestum Rose is based on the irresistible and unrivaled scent of roses, and is an unusual combination of rose, resins and incense. The velvety and deep scent of Turkish rose, placed in the centre of the composition, is surrounded with other notes: black and pink pepper, coriander, black currant buds, myrrh, patchouli, white musk and exotic woods. This long lasting fragrance, suitable for women and for men, comes as Eau de Toilette Spray in 100ml size bottles.

The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour.

Artemisia Black Pepper Pink Pepper Coriander

Milaya Vetcherom

Paestum Rose Fragrance Reviews

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Not quite what I was expecting, but I like it.

It's not particularly heavy on the incense, despite the notes list. On me it's a dry, sweet rose backed with tinges of a dessert wine fruitiness -perhaps the artemisia leads to this impression? Although Fragrantica doesn't list it here, I'm sure the composition must also include cinnamon, as there is a noticeable 'Cola'-like sweetness to the opening.
A faint coriander also imparts a clean, slightly soapy edge to the rose, but without smelling bitter or annoying.

Later on, when the rose get less bright, there is a vague dusty pinch as the cypriol and pepper emerge, but it still remains on the lighter side.

I might describe it as a more polite, pared down version of "Incense Rose" by Andy Tauer. It kind of has the same voluptuous, boozy quality initially, though not as fizzy or densely resinous, and nothing animalic.

Definitely a rose a man can wear, in spite of the sweetness. The little hints of dry spice and cypriol sober it up, adding a subtle darkness, but without pushing it into 'smoky winter evening' territory. I find it quite versatile for day or night wear. It feels sexy and romantic in a fun, flirty way.

Singabera
Singabera

I like that peppery rose, while it reminds me very much of my old time fave Perles de Lalique.

nhsrk
nhsrk

I'm neither a rose hater nor a lover. But because roses are so common and prominent in perfume, they are unavoidable.

I am quickly becoming a fan of Bertrand Duchaufour's work as I find he incorporates aromatic/herbal notes so well into his creations, giving a lot of his work a refreshing characteristic.

Eau d'Italie's Paestum Rose is probably my favorite rose interpretation from the ones I've tried. The resins sound more intimidating than they play out. The incense melds in a way that doesn't drag the rose down. At certain parts of this scent's lifespan, it smells almost grape-like. Nothing about this perfume screeches. It's smooth and soft, not jagged or spiky. A rose engraved into the side of a temple.

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

A "meh" rose for me; I wasn't terribly impressed. Started off peppery but soon turned sour. It's a competent rose, but there was really nothing exciting about it to make me jump up wanting a bottle.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I'm really impressed with Paestum Rose and can see why it has so many admirers.

It feels like not just an incense rose, but a subtle chypre too and I'm guessing the bitter herby artemesia has something to do with that.

I imagined an austerely elegant ballerina when wearing this, it's classy but not luxuriant, not a hint of bling. There's an old school proper perfume personality to Paestum Rose. It feels like a classic.

It's a bit too ladylike for me, I like perfumes to be elegant but perhaps a bit more relaxed or quirky. So I'll be gifting this sample to my mum who's a lifelong fan of classic perfumes such as Femme and original Miss Dior.

Sillage and longevity are perfect, the lovely drydown lingers for hours

stacia79
stacia79

A beautiful incense rose, with pepper and myrrh creating a smooth spiciness underlining the rose. It's a wild rose growing through the cracks in the stone wall of an ancient temple on the Mediterranean coast. It smells sophisticated and I always receive compliments on it. Makes me want to try more from Eau d'Italie, if everything in the line is so well-blended and evocative.

katerinae
katerinae

I love thins parfume. Funny thing though, I don't smell it on myself, it is almost undetectable, but I heard many people compliment it and claim it is in fact quite strong.
It's lasting power on clothes is amazing. Days after I wear it I can still smell it on my scarf.
Great both for winter and summer.

Overall opinion 8.5/10

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

I would do anything for this perfume to last more than 15 minutes on me. I would buy one and 2 backups if it did. It is a gorgeous incense rose, one of the best smelling I have ever encountered. but its longevity is abysmal. :(

Update-- well, the beautiful smell won out. I am now the proud owner of a 100ml bottle, poor longevity be damned.

osiris5
osiris5

I'm speechless.
This perfume is great.
A rose-incense combination that reminds me of the ancient world.
It is like I am in Greece in a church where they use that typical rose incense. Its so awesome so nice.
And what I always say, does apply to this perfume too:
a good perfume is always unisex! Yes this perfume is great because it just has a good smell, it is subtle, not overwhelming and it projects itself in a nice way. The pepper gives it a strong basis. And the subtle osmanthus-wood smell will come through. For man it has a nice rose scent that normally is associated to be female; for a woman it has the incense that is more associated as to be masculine. Its like the heavenly scent surrounds you.
This perfume is just good class and sophisticated.

archivist
archivist

Absolutely gorgeous rose incense - definitely more incense than rose to me, but the smoke is red, red, red. This is very similar to Mitzah to my nose, probably because my skin amplifies rose tremendously. I find reviews that describe this as pallid or weak somewhat shocking, and recommend that you spritz this before judging; cleaning out used atomizer tops with perfumer's alcohol (let dry thoroughly and consider the first spritz after as a throwaway) in order to spritz from daub vials isn't that hard. This is very far from demure, it's a somewhat scary (in a good way) pre-Raphaelite perfume painting.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Rose, pepper and incense...
If I only liked rose, this would probably be a very good execution of that idea.

I disagree with Mr. Maillard on the "shallow" and "synthetic and rubbery nuances". Perhaps differences in batch, body chemistry or nose. I think ingredients are fine.

Instead of shallow, I will go with "narrow", in the sense that apart from rose, incense, pepper, there is not so much more. So if you, like me, do not like rose especially well, then the fragrance is doomed.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Paestum Rose is basically a green-rose soliflore, not particularly original, neither deep nor inspired in my opinion. The texture does not smell that different to Johnsons's rose water they sell at the supermarket – I smell quite a bit of rubbery and synthetic nuances which I don't really enjoy. Aside from that, there is quite a prominent central note of red pepper which kind of "concentrates" the fruity and denser side of rose, and a whole green-woody accord supporting the flowers. Quite light and also fairly short-lived overall. Fairly pleasant, but a bit shallow and not really worth the price in my opinion.

mymlan
mymlan

Paestum Rose is a powerful rose and patchouli infusion. It's quite beautiful for what it is, but don't expect any sweetness. Somehow it's kind of vintage smelling, it's not airy or aldehydic or so, but it's very demanding. I guess summer isn't the right time to try it, it was almost a shock to smell it after these warm weeks with only light floral fragrances :). I think the rose and patchouli infusion I'm looking for will be a bit lighter and sweeter. Anyway, It's a quality fragrance for sure.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Paestum is an ancient ex-Greek, now Italian city where old temples of forgotten Greek gods still stand under the southern sun. Where roses are climbing up grey stones and during starry nights they exhale their passionate rosy souls into the Universe. If you will happen to pass by at that moment you probably will loose your head just as it happened to me once I inhaled this very essence of most mysterious rose of Duchafour. In this perfume you not just smell notes, you SEE this night, you see those roses, you are in Paestum.
I only smelled something similar at night in old part of Athens where people put hundreds of pots with roses right outside their little houses. And silly tourists sometimes knock them down walking up or down town. I liked to come on those steps just to sit at night and look down the Athens but mostly because the smell was as you already came to heaven.

Its not spicy rose, not incense rose, not any other rose, because its too smooth, to perfectly blended to be even divided in two. Incredible.

amaraztavich

God if only this lasted on my side longer than fifteen minutes! I find the comments below ver hard to believe. I swear if fhis lasted even for two short hours I would rebuy. The only other perfume ive had with such week longevity was jpg,s summmer classique..another short lived beauty

Hoxx
Hoxx

Exploring rose-centered scents is such a wonderful thing to do. You see, for me, there is a sizable difference between rose and any other flower in terms of how much I like it. Paestum Rose is one more rose interpretation I find extraordinary good.

Paestum Rose opens with a mix of peppers and spices in general, giving way to a rather strong and powerful rose, slightly different than what I used to smell - Turkish rose is mentioned so I guess this is it. A combination of rose and mostly pink pepper dominates the heart. Then it starts to get more serious, heavy and masculine with a wave of incense and myrrh, slowly putting the pepper note aside and making a beautiful rose-incense combo. With some woods in the background, this is a drydown to die for, and the best part of the scent evolution.

Now, a small, unnecessary objection. If you totally focus on the names and the names only, this perfume would be a mix of Rose Poivrée(top and heart) and Incense Rose(base). Now, I haven't tried those two, but I think you get my point.

The longevity of PR is excellent, approximately 10 hours - rose with pepper phase lasts a bit longer that an incense-rose phase, and it projects a tad better as well - the whole projection of this scent is solid, with a rather thick cloud.

What I don't like about this perfume is a matter of its combination with my skin. The peppered rose is a phase I like, but it really seemed a bit too feminine on me, even for my taste. In fact, while I had a share of compliments wearing this perfume - I had three samples of it until recently - I also heard some 'You smell like my grandmother' comments. And while I like my perfumes to be complex, for the sake of my wearing I would prefer this one to start with incense much earlier - it smells, to me, better and more masculine.

All in all, this is another beautiful rose and another winner from Duchaufour.

8.75/10

hadassa
hadassa

One of the loveliest roses ever: dry, spicy, herbal, sweet and smoky. It's a church rose, a medieval rose, a cold rose, a masculine rose.

Rose is the main player here to me, along with very intensive myrrh, incense, and opponax. Peppery notes are only strong in the opening, and fade away later on. The base has a definite churchy feel. If you know this amazing fragrance of old Eastern Orthodox cathedrals... this is it.

I prefer to wear it in autumn and winter, it works better while exposed to the cold air, and snow. In summer it's a bit over the top with its density and sweetness.

While it's very stylish while worn by a woman, on a man it seems to work even better. I mean, it's VERY attractive on guys :)

I highly recommend it to everyone.

amaraztavich

like a mix of tauer's incense rose and tauer's une rose vermeille ... a slightly candied patchouli / incense rose with fresh herbs to boot. This is one I always want in my collection

I do think this is unisex, and (sorry guys) but I do find this more feminine....still though, it's not too say that men couldn't also wear, it's most certainly not overtly feminine :D

I read on an insert that the colors were chosen that best represented the scent... and this purplish pink red color really is the best suited color to describe the juice inside

I see a few comparisons I really don't get, please be aware that this is a very strong rose with strong dry notes of incense and woods and herbs, but there is a tiny eliment of candy

Also I think this can be worn year - round, even though it is quite a a spicey rose, it's dry and has herbs so even on hot days it just never becomes cloying

reporting back -- My bottle is now empty and I feel like I lost my best friend!! This perfume is a masterpiece, it's complex spicey crispy but sweet the incense just brings this to another level. Very classy, but not shy classy...not at all shy, I've fallen in love with this rose, as short lived as the fragrances is, I would still buy another bottle..... but it may be a while

tymanski
tymanski

duchaufour so often gets it exactly right, and this juice is no exception. it's a rose, but is so immaculately blended with incense & (very dry; mediterranean?) woods that it's a mélange rather than a no-go rose soliflore. on me it is remarkably masculine, not a long way off from one of my all-time favourites - ambre nuit. wore it on a sultry summer evening recently and it literally glowed a slightly sweetish, berry-like incensey low hum. lovely!

Rene007
Rene007

like a sweet herbal tea ... yummy and sexy
somthing between of perle de lalique and shesido Zen

sayuli.wong
sayuli.wong

It smells devine in the bottle; however, it disappears almost instantly once I put it on my wrist. I am so disappointed that it is not for me

hollycat

This perfume is so STUNNING. Not in a snooty way or a too sophicated way. Just simply stunning. Its so unique yet not odd, and very easy to wear. A rare breed in perfumery.

I consider it a Rose/Amber fragrance with Rose being the main player here. It starts off as Rosy, ambery, and spicy. After it dries down the scent gets drier, the amber and spice notes get quiet and the rose stands out most. Its a dry rose. Sort of reminds me of Agent Provacator without the sharpness or the soapyness. AP comes to mind only because I feel both rose notes as a dried up rose, and both scents are quite dry to my nose. I also feel a tad bit of oud in this composition.

Rose lovers, try this. Im not really into niche perfumes but this is surely a masterpeice. Sillage is great along with longevity. Just gorgeous.

Edit: Just read that amber in not an ingredient in this perfume. Very surprised. Its still a Rose/Amber frag in my book.

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

I just perf 'prospects of being female, from the bottle (although all of it), color, and so of course I'm not a fan of names.Really,rose perfume, what more can I say that I' hater, but let's give ourselves a little vent and try this Niche rose.Rose and incense, short and to this fragrance, an interesting combination that gives the rose a bit mystical overtones and perhaps in a bit and can pass as a male with a slight 'empties coriander and wood but now resin and white musk make powdery trace and perfume turn to 'women's side and probably (I put it before 15 minutes), its mission ends in women' necks, arms, and who knows where already.Frankly, I'm not sorry, because I think this is just fine creation Niche for Women (with my modest knowledge of women's perfumes), also resolutely, that can not pass as a male, I like to explain it, and maybe be a little but I personally would not wear, but I love the sweet, gourmand perfumes, though this would not wearing, now we can smell it on the verge of wearing but the prevailing feminine side and still maintain they can not wear it even though it is very simpa.Like I said, very simpatical perfume, with the now recognizable to me Niche line, slightly warm, not now anything that is thrown with notes, a lot of them but I said that dominate but also not linear, at least not in that a greater degree of linearity, I honestly think that this fragrance is a hit for the ladies who rose lovers.

I am baffled as to how I have managed to select for testing--completely my chance--so many creations by Bertrand Duchaufour in recent weeks. In any case, we've been on a real winning streak, as my opinion of his talent has been serially confirmed. It had to happen eventually, but we've finally hit rough waters: Eau d'Italie PAESTUM ROSE.

Upon application, I was delighted by the excitement which this boozy, spicy, woody rose appeared to hold in store for me. I really found the opening rather intoxicating. As the commotion slowly subsided, however, the thump of one note became louder and louder--rather like Edgar Allen Poe's tell-tale heart--yes, what had held so much promise before suddenly morphed before my genteel nose into a big, fat, loud cumin rose à la The Different Company ROSE POIVREE, a Jean-Claude Elléna creation with a very similar effect upon me.

No, I can now safely induce from the two cases of rose + cumin which I have encountered to date: I do not appreciate this particular combination of notes. It appears that many other people do however like PAESTUM ROSE, and I can definitely recommend this creation for testing by anyone who happens to like The Different Company ROSE POIVREE. For me, this is a big-time no-go--I won't even be draining the contents of my skimpy sample vial.

Hélas, PAESTUM ROSE was the end of a winning streak for me and Bertie.

MeganFrankie
MeganFrankie

I visited the sleepy town of Paestum in Italy some 20 years ago. It lies within the sight of smouldering Vesuvius, on the way towards the Bay of Naples. There amid untended fields of grass and daisies, stand three solemn ancient Greek temples gracefully eroding with gentle time, home to doves, crystal clear air and sunlight, content to be all but forgotten...

Paestum Rose takes me to that place of long ceased worship, where the unheeding roses bloom their brief hiatus upon the stern solemnity and ritual of worship of divinity, of eternity, of a power greater than ourselves. And this rose is not a sweet rose. Borne from the wreckage of ancient glories, it has twisted new meanings - hybrids, upstarts - out of old ones.

This is the rose of Commedia Dell Arte, its pepperiness instantly dispelling any suggestion of sentimentality, it being a lively invigorating dance - a musk rose pepper jaunt to the music of high art...

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

For me, this is the most perfect insence rose of all time :)

Inspired by the roses of the ancient civilization of Paestum said to be the birthplace of Italian perfume making.

IT's very high quality, no skimping on the making. The rose and candy'ish / patchoui / insence mix is as perfect as it gets

Even though this is perfect the overal scent isn't a perfect proper rose, IT's ever so slightly sour but sweet and spicey. I almost get a fresh slightly creamy slightly candied, herbal, slightly earthy, ertherol'ish sweet and spicey rose. VERY Mediteranian. it's full of personality. Herbs are fresh, abundanat and delicious, while the inscence and patchouli dirities things up. The vetiver is nice, keeps things somewhat light and earthy.

The cinnamon, pink pepper, patchouli, black current, tea, and benzoin I think is really helping with that yum factor that this gem delivers.

Highly addictive, slightly candied, earth mamma inscence rose perfume, that I love, and will definently be hunting down a second bottle!

More than Moderate sillage, lasts well over 6-8 hours

9.5/10

The insence that was used I've read is from the church near the famous hotel/resort that D'italie was found. IT's insence like I've never sniffed before.. actually all of the ingreediants in this beauty are from the immediate area of Italy and they all smell very fresh.

I almost feel like if I hopped a flight right now to Italy and rounded up these notes... made a dense bath stew out of them, soaked myself for an hour, I would smell the exact same way that Paestum Rose makes me smell :p

Not too sure how ''unisex'' this is, definently more on the feminine side. But yeah, sure, why not, I'm sure on the right man, this could be lovely

edit - this is so weird, but some days, after just two hours I can barely smell any longer, and have to put my sniffer firmly against my wrist to detect anything :/

HDS1963
HDS1963

This was love at first sniff.

I am a lover of rose fragrances which can easily be worn by men - two of my favourites thus far are Voleur de Roses and C&S No.88.

The nearest reference point for me for this was the C&S, but Paestum rose heads off into a different territory.

The incense and rose blend in Paestum Rose is divine, an utterly beautiful, haunting melody played on the olfactory lobes.

It is my next full bottle purchase. I've been waiting to treat myself to it for too long.

stephan
stephan

This is a love or hate scent. I had people follow me, other avoiding me. I love this scent. On my skin, it's a very expensive rose. On the skin of a female colleague, it became church incense. I love both facets!

adrienn99
adrienn99

Stage 4 on my quest for my smokey rose. Also sampled this by recommendations from kind Fragrantica members.

this one is a gentler take on the idea of incense/resins/patchouli vs rose as opposed to Tauer's Incense Rose or FM's Portrait of a Lady.

Unlike those two though, this one is spiced up a little. Pepper is quite noticeable.

The tea note is quite prominent at the beginning, with time it slowly disappears giving its place to vanilla.

Migotka
Migotka

I am currently undergoing a rose phase, so all rose fragrances are of particular interest to me.

I had high hopes for Paestum Rose, maint because I loved all other fragrances from L'Eau d'Italie... It is not the ultimate rose scent. The first spray is quite unpleasant to be honest. There is rose, but it is quite heavy, earthy, medicine-like herbal and somehow... wet? I don't realli like coriander, so maybe that is why I could not appreciate it here, and I was not that thrilled abour resins and pathcoili that, as it ften happens with this note, displays a tendency to overpower everything.

A few hours later, Paestum Rose becomes an entirely different fragrance, with more fresh rose and peppery peony. The flowery accords and fruity notes are really lovely, but it turns out to be less original of a fragrance. At this stage I like it more than at the beginning, but it is not enough for me to want to have a bottle of my own.

I persist (obstinately) in searching a rose scent that I may like, but with poor results. Maybe I should definitely resign on the fact that I don't like this smell. Said that Paestum Rose is one of the most "affordable" for my nose because Mr Duchafour mixes this floral note together with a massive dose of incense and cedarwood so to (barely) blend and attenuate the characteristic acidic-sweetness of this ingredient. A nice composition, well crafted but absolutely dominated by a generic rose note.

IMO the Rose has one of the most recognizable smell and that's why Rose Fragrances are a very dangerous territory as they often end smelling much the same.The only rose-based perfume I really enjoyed is Parfum Sacre where the main ingredient is treated to become almost "piquant", quasi-desweetened. It's unequivocally a rose note but at the same time it's different form almost any other rose fragrance around. Other good examples are CDG2 Woman, CDG's Palisander and Malle's Bigarade Concentre where the rose it's just a kind of "adjuvant" to other notes.

I've to be honest, this is a nice scent, but absolutely not for me.

Rating: 8/10 (if you like rose)
6.5/10 (for my personal taste)

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Rose, incense, myrrh and cedar wood! The perfect combination in perfect proportions, accented with some subtle spices and other woody notes. The incense and woods render the rose dry and transparent, not sweet or moist or floral, like rose petals stored with precious resins in a cedar chest or burned along with cedar chips and incense. The scent is more or less linear, with the cedar eventually fading somewhat and the rose and myrrh becoming a little more prominent late in the drydown, but the end is still basically the same as the beginning.

There’s plenty of sillage, but it’s not overpowering. Longevity is good, but it’s gone from clothing by the next morning. For the first few hours that I wore Paestum Rose I was head over heels in love and knew that this was a perfume that I had to have a larger amount of, but by the end I was a little disappointed that nothing had really changed. The sample vial has gone into my “favorites” box, so as I use it up I’ll decide whether I need a larger decant. Whatever my final decision, I have to say that this is one of the best perfumes I’ve tried in a long time.

hollycat

I was never a big fan of rose, but this scent is converting me. The rose here is so perfect and natural and surounded by intoxicating spices and woods.

I find this scent highly evocative. I makes me think of the joys in life. Enjoying high culture, touring the most beautiful museums, enjoying the finest wines. I feel motivated to take a big bite out of life when I smell this on my wrist.

I would classify this scent as an oriental spicy. And I think it can be worn anytime of the year. Day or evening. I love it!

Edited to add: Ive worn this a few times now and I have a different interpretation of when I wore it the first time. I get more rose than anything else now. The rose again, is the most perfect Ive ever smelled. Very pure and crisp. The musks makes the rose soft and the faint incense in the backround gives it warmth and depth. The scent lies close to my skin and is very romantic. I can see now why its classified as a floral woody musk. No longer spicy on my skin. Interesting.

Cereza
Cereza

Cold weather is the best time when this should be worn. On my wrist if opened with the most amazing combiniton of rose and cinnamon, extremely warm, cozy and feminine. The cinnamon here is very dominant and as we all know, there are many kinds of cinnamon. Sometimes it's just spices, but here it's more than spices. Paestum Rose's cinnamon is freshly baked cinnamon cookies like. It has a christmasy feel to it because of that.
I can agree to previous reviewers that this is not floral. For me it's more woody spicy or I don't even know...the scent is so complex, that it changes all the time. After the cinnamon cookie phase it starts to get more dry and woody, I can definetely feel myrrh and the patchoulli show's it's herbal/medical face.
At the heart phase, together with patchoulli tea and black currant's make this scent little bit fresher, refreshing, so I can see why people consider this to be more made for hot weather. Pity, but the rose for me is almost gone at the heart part, which is weird, but not definetely bad thing, because everything else is still there which makes this fragrance very loveable.

It is a masterpiece and I love it.

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

i love rose smells, i want it but i cant make a decision.its hard to find male version of rose smells.
is it suitable for men?what u think?can u suggest another rose smell for men?

yvashche
yvashche

Peppery rose, with a drydown that envelops you whole. Since I am a woody rose lover, this has been my favorite for a long time. It is a clean spice, however, very unique.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Great fragrance!
One of the best rose scent.
I am wearing it at this moment (ordered vial) and I am seriously considering buying a full bottle. Paestum Rose is one of the best of its genre with Black Aoud by Montale.

The drydown is nearly like roses with a pine background. Maybe the wood resin I had at first sniff? Pretty amazing!

Wait a minute...
I am thinking of buying those 2! haha

KJanicki
KJanicki

A dry dusty rose, like roses growing around old ruins, but the incense is more predominant than the rose. It has a peppery edge and becomes earthier (patchouli or vetiver?) after a while. Really lovely, sheer and easy to wear. I think it would be excellent in hot weather and would work for women and men.

This was one of my worst disappointment in fragrance :-(
I smelt this on a paper and it was divine! A beautiful complex composition of dark intense raw roses with spice. I kept the paper under my nose for half a hour in delight, then I decided to go back to the shop and put it on my wrist: disaster! It smelt of concentrated cumin and sweaty armpit. Terrible!

hcl
hcl

Roses under the trees in the church garden. The wind carries the smell of roses, pine, incense and old wood from the building, mixed with spices.
Beautiful.

9154mf
9154mf

it's a nice rose with incense and woods that make it interesting and not powdery or old woman-rose. Reminds me of Le Labo's Rose - no they dont smell exactly the same but Im referring to the fact they they are both interesting incensey roses that could easily be unisex. The main difference is the addition of wood to PR. Won't be buying a FB though, prefer Le Labo's.

belle de sud
belle de sud

Paestum Rose is an unforgettable woody incense rose of exceptional quality and distinction. The rose heart is surrounded by woody/resinous notes with a healthy dose of black pepper to create far more than another rose perfume! To me it summons ancient times when scents were obviously all natural ingredients and dipped from gorgeous vials by ladies of means and fashion!
I bought a full bottle before using up the sample I had been given - a must-have for the 'different rose' lover!
5 stars to Eau d'Italie!

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Royal fragrance. Dark beautiful purple rose with velvety petals, in company of incense, wood and spices. This smell is sound, sensual, warm, nice, beautiful and it have... smiley. I dream about it. It's masterpiece.

Veruska is correct: this is not a floral. It is a wonderful incense fragrance with notes of rose, though there is little even of that. Wafts of rockrose, resin, powdered sandalwood and that faint ghost of rose make for a very lovely and wearable blend. Incense lovers must try. If you're a rose lover, you will need to layer on rose scent. With none of the smoke or strong sharp wooden edges many incense fragrances have (think Jaisalmer for wood edge) this stays close to the skin and would actually be office appropriate in moderate doses. Very very nice.

veruska
veruska

I Know that you're going to laugh loud but i don't consider this one to be a rose fragrance. IN fact i don't consider it a floral. To me it starts in a warm vanillic woody,but also fresh and herbal way a Dauchaufour trademark. And it proseeds in agreat resinous path.For the first 1 1/2 hour it's great but then it became spare with only pepper in the drydown. Anyway when the complexity is gone the magic is lost.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Eau D`Italie Paestum Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Eau D`Italie Paestum Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Paestum Rose by Eau D`Italie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Paestum Rose by Eau D`Italie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.