Designers » D E » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Adventurer Eddie Bauer for men

Adventurer Eddie Bauer for men
dislike

Adventurer is a fresh and clean smelling fragrance that contains notes of herbs, citruses, marigold, geranium, sandalwood, pine and tobacco. Launched in 1993 , it is available as an Eau Cologne in bottles of 50 and 100 ml.

Green Notes Citruses

Marigold Geranium

Sandalwood Pine Tobacco

Adventurer Fragrance Reviews

cytherian
cytherian

This review is about the earlier version, before the reformulation. It's sad to hear that Eddie Bauer (or the fragrance company who makes it for them) decided to change such a pleasant smelling cologne.

I have a bottle of this that is 80% full at this point and it's one of my first favorite colognes. I was curious to see how it has been priced as of late, and was dismayed to find it is now discontinued. Used examples still sell for rather hefty prices and new is commanding even more. I can only hope Eddie Bauer reads these kinds of reviews and eventually decides to return to the original formula, re-releasing it as "Classic Adventurer" perhaps.

I'm not well versed in all of the fragrance lingo at this point, so I'll need to be simple for now and revisit this later. I agree it has a woody aromatic scent, with a lush green overtone. It goes on more like an EdP than an EdT, requiring a little restraint in application.. What I like about it, at least in my experience, is that the fragrance stays true to form as it dries down. No unexpected morphing of notes going on. It's a classic, reliable, bold woodsy green fragrance that is definitely masculine without being overtly macho. I haven't tested the new version, Adventurer II, but I'll make a point of doing so to have my own experience of the differences.

haywardb
haywardb

This is the greatest fragrance I've ever used! It's so disappointing that it was discontinued. I have a stock pile of bottles that I sadly have to use sparingly so that I do not run out. I have yet to find a replacement, though I keep looking. Adventurer 2 is nowhere near as good.

frankgtv
frankgtv

This is a great mens fragrance and I used to wear it lightly and I would get a lot of compliments because it was not too strong. I can't believe that they stopped making it. I refuse to pay 90 plus dollars for a leftover bottle. Does anyone know of a comparable fragrance like Adventurer? I have tried to find something close but no luck.

I've got a vintage bottle. It smells quite good, with obvious spicy and ambery qualities. The major accord is characterized by a kind of maple syrup effect, with a "boozy" element. This is the gentlest treatment of pine and tobacco I've ever encountered. There are no obvious aroma chemicals used. Longevity and projection ("sillage") are quite good as well. Note separation is not great but it does smell natural, though a bit strange (almost like fenugreek), with a tangy quality.

maiker
maiker

This is so nice, a green amazonia smell. make me remember so much things. is a masculine smell. if any body find it 20 year after you have luck, because i have years i didn't see it any more.

Adventurer by Eddie Bauer 4.33 out of 5 based on 12 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Eddie Bauer Adventurer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Eddie Bauer Adventurer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Adventurer by Eddie Bauer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Adventurer by Eddie Bauer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo Boucheron Boucheron Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt Hermes Terre d'Hermes Halston Halston Z14 Versace Versace Man Eau Fraiche Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb Ralph Lauren Polo Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Le Labo Fleur d`Oranger 27 Valentino V pour Homme Le Labo Bergamote 22 Davidoff Cool Water Revlon Charlie Dolce&Gabbana D&G Hermes Eau D`Orange Verte Shulton Company Old Spice Original Creed Original Vetiver