Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

L'Eau Couture Elie Saab for women
dislike

almond
nutty
L'Eau Couture Elie Saab for women Pictures L'Eau Couture Elie Saab for women Pictures L'Eau Couture Elie Saab for women Pictures L'Eau Couture Elie Saab for women Pictures L'Eau Couture Elie Saab for women Pictures L'Eau Couture Elie Saab for women Pictures L'Eau Couture Elie Saab for women Pictures

L`Eau Couture is the olfactory continuation of the designer s Ready-to-Wear 2014 Spring-Summer collection, in which ethereal fabrics as light as petals chisel a magical fusion between woman and nature. It captures the ecstasy of nature blossoming in an urban springtime setting.

For L`Eau Couture, Francis Kurkdjian dreamed up a brand new tribute to freshness, which he leads into sensuality characterised by absolute sophistication. L`Eau Couture reinterprets accords in a way never seen before.

"The idea to create a Couture Eau is quite uncommon in this register. It s a sophisticated, sensual freshness, far removed from the conventions found in fragrances usually created in this repertoire" - Francis Kurkdjian

Here, Orange Blossom unveils an unexpected facet, inspired by the fleeting period when the newly-bloomed blossoms exude slightly almondy notes. As its traditional honey-like aromas are subdued, Orange Blossom inhabits the fragrance like a poetic whisper. Its subtly textured floral freshness, upheld by intricate transparency, is an echo of sun-kissed femininity.

A fusional Accord of crisp Green Almond unites the blossoms with the bed of vanilla at the perfume s base. An irresistibly light Vanilla Infusion reveals the transparency of the floral notes, which it enshrouds in an addictive aura, creating a soft and luminous sillage.

Dressed in an elegant water-green box, the delicately facetted bottle reveals a crystalline green juice. Radiance and transparency resonate like an echo of the original freshness of this new fragrance. L'Eau Couture lets us discover freshness like a promise of new emotions. It invites us to dive into new sensations born of the lightness associated with the newness of spring.

The newest fragrance by Elie Saab named Le Parfum L'Eau Couture will be available in 30, 50 and 90ml EDT bottles before Spring 2014.

Green Almond

Prodigieux Le Parfum

L'Eau Couture Fragrance Reviews

yvonne
yvonne

Just plunge your face into a bunch of white jasmine on the vine. That's this perfume. I love it! I've never made friends with orange blossom in fragrances, So i believe Mr. Kirkdjian has arranged the ingredients to arrive at a true fresh breezy natural -- as in it's how jasmine smells out in nature -- Jasmine! It is just the essence of heaven in my opinion. Wear it when Jasmine is in bloom, and you will see.

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

Honey is missing, yet I get a honey-like feeling that reminds me of the original Elie Saab. On my skin it's very sweet but it's also perfect for the summer; it lingers and at the same time there's something that keeps it from being overpowering. Very elegant and a real compliment-getter. I love it. I want it!

Siv55
Siv55

Quite similar to Bvlgari Jasmin Noir L'eau Exquise.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

This is really lovely, and I think I may want it, just don't know if it is my style. It seems to me very white floral, but in an almost (aquatic?) way that is difficult to describe. I wonder if this could become a modern classic. I almost thought tuberose? except a subdued tuberose. But I see now that it is supposedly a different facet of orange blossom.

The only thing is, it is much too soft for me. When I have an almond blossom/floral perfume (my beloved The Different Company's 'Pure Eve') I like to wear it at home. But this is meant to be dressier. It is too elegant to be a cosy wear-at-home sort of perfume so I am not sure if this could have a place in my collection. When I want to feel elegant and beautiful I wear my signature Chanel Allure Sensuelle- which as some might know is a strongly projecting head turner.
I imagine this would be nice for a super classy chic lady with a smaller collection for work wear, this is office friendly and very pretty/modern. The longevity is on the 3-4 hour mark on the moderate scale, not very long lasting but just enough. And like I said it is soft. But lovely, the epitome of good taste this one.

oks-oks
oks-oks

Based on the tester.

It is a beauty! Elegant, well blended, balanced, feminine, classy, light but with a character. Fresh and slightly bitter sweet. Very Mediterranean. Could be a perfect cool weather spring fragrance.

I can smell more notes in the fragrance then are shown in the pyramid. I get very clear patchouli with orange blossom and some honey sweetness and a bit of jasmine. And I don't get much almond or vanilla. Funny! The reviews on this one are so contradicting. I am not the only one to have noticed that this does remind one of Gaultier's Classique in Eau de Toilette but without tons of Gaultier's vanilla.

No resemblance to the original Elie Saab Le Parfum, which I don't like at all for its very strong artificial jasmine.

hsheep
hsheep

I did not expect to like this as I'm not the biggest fan of other Elie Saab fragrances, but there's something so smooth about this one - I'm guessing it's the vanilla since I'm a huge vanilla nut ;)

I'd say this one falls in line with other perfumes that sort of smell common-place or generic, like nice hairspray or lotion. I get this in the initial spritz, but then it mellows out to a smooth and creamy pistachio scent (though not gourmand). It has a nutty, green quality to it and the vanilla just makes it so creamy and milky. This one doesn't screech perfume on my skin, it settles in warmly and softly. It's an office friendly sort of fragrance and it doesn't wow me so much, but I think it stands out among other common scented perfumes due to its creaminess. I'll be testing this one much more this spring and summer.

ivlia
ivlia

Since I love the feeling of being swept off my feet and since recently I have completely lost my head for Elie Saab Le Parfum Intense, I expected another coup de foudre. It didn't happen and I envy the ones that were luckier than me... Unfortunately, I find Eau Couture a bit nauseating; the faint note of almonds makes me feel quasy. I still like it, but definitely do not feel like buying a full bottle.

I am not giving up though - still wearing the juice from the sample, hoping it will grow on me... I truly think that Francis Kurkdjian is a genius and I just need to learn how to appreciate this fragrance. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Vanian
Vanian

Everything is already said in its advertisement: Chic and elegant! Simple! It seems that this one will be my new 'love affair' for the forthcoming spring.

Lazaro
Lazaro

Elie Saab is really well advice on how to make perfumes. I have the EDP original,A magnificent beautiful bouquet and decide after several months of looking a few bottles on my local tjmaxx of the L'eau couture to give a try. Couture is fresh, playful but at the same time smell really expensive and luxurious, it have a delicious potion of almonds and vanilla with a blast of orange blossom.
It clearly is the little sister of the classic EDP, you can feel it after several minutes.
Honestly smell like something that I know but don't remember what is...when I was younger in my home country there was a library that sold beautiful books and to my nose... This perfume smell like the one's of Stephen King that they have on display,the ones that I buy it every time for the story and when I was alone...for the smell of fresh Spanish paper books.

Soofiya
Soofiya

After elie saab edt this one is my next spring/summery elie saab love
Pretty,clean,refreshing,smells just like an expensive hand washing gel which I die for it
Vanilla and almond are not gourmandish here,almond is green and fresh,vanilla is creamy and not supersweat or warm and there is a touch of orange blossom as a elie saab signature
Reminds me jpg classique edp,but a younger,more wearable and easy to like version of it,replaces the rose not of classique with a green,fresh note and I find this one powdery too,difficult to explain how something could be powdery and milky the same time,but actually this one is
If you want to smell clean and fresh also sexy and not girlish during spring and summer,elie saab edt and this lovely smooth green couture are there for you

اصلا پیچیده نیست ولی دوست داشتنی و دلنشینه
رایحه کلی ترکیبی از وانیل هست،وانیلی ک نه گرمه نه خیلی شیرین و نه سنگین و بادوم‌ و شکوفه پرتقال بعنوان امضای الی صعب،ک شکوفه پرتقال هم نقش گلهای سفید رو بازی میکنه با تم عمیق و نرم و کرمی،و هم رایحه محوی از مرکبات رو از خودش بجا میذاره،ترکیب وانیل و بادوم شاید خوراکی و گورماند بنظر بیاد ولی نیست،بادوم اینجا بادوم سبزه و بیشتر از
اینکه عطر رو خوشمزه کنه،اون رو فرش و سبز میکنه
برای منم مثل خیلیای دیگه یادآور کلاسیک پرفیوم ژان پل گوتیه ست ولی ورژن جوونتر و سبکتر و همه پسندتر،منتها اینجا همون نت سبز بادوم جایگزین رز شده و کمتر پودری هست،ولی کماکان کمی حس و حال پودری و تمیز داره،سخته توضیح دادن اینکه چطور یه عطر میتونه همزمان پودری باشه و هم شیری و خامه ای،ولی این عطر واقعا اینجوره
رایحه کلی یادآور رایحه یه ژل شستشوی دست خیلی گرون و خوشبو هست ک حضور ذهن ندارم اسمش رو،ولی همیشه درحسرت بودم ک کاش عطری بااین رایحه درست میکردن

Madrona
Madrona

Vanilla-almond goodness with the white floral sharpness of orange blossom. Minty green without actual mint. Definitely a pleasing fragrance. I see this as something as unusual as a winter-spring scent, it is crisp like white luxurious hotel sheets. I have no idea what the original smells like but I would not mind adding a fullsize of this to my collection.

EDIT: Okay, this is addictive. I keep wanting to spritz this all over myself but at the same time I don't want to run out... time to get a bottle.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Received this today in a swap! Quite lovely and fresh with the green almond and vanilla! Not a single fragrance in my collection like it! Reminds me of another scent i had or have smelled at one time but probably will never figure it out. I really am loving this for spring and summer! Its delicious! I would say this is a fresh/sweet smell!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Lovely fragrance. It is not very heavy, yet makes a statement. It is warm without being overwhelming. I did not get a heavy almond note. It is a rich, voluptuous fragrance without being a sillage monster. This is a very nice scent for day wear, although it could transition to nighttime wear. L'eau is a well made fragrance that is enjoyable to wear.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I blind bought this because of my love for gourmands, almonds/nuts, sweeties, vanillas, etc...
I've never tried an Elie Saab before.

Oh. Okay? This is very fresh, clean and light. It has long, but soft, lasting power. It's a LOT of green almond (not gourmandy almond of course, and I knew that) and fresh flower/green notes. Kind of like fresh grass and vanilla. It's not for me, but since I have it... I'll wear it in the summer, when I want a fresh clean, yet creamy scent that I don't have to think about. Long soft sillage/lasting will make it perfect for daytime/office wear. Crisp and elegant.

I wish I got more of the sweet/custard from other reviews.

However, I got a sample of Elie Saab INTENSE with this... and I'm kinda digging that!

PerfumedPrincess
PerfumedPrincess

I have literally received compliments on this fragrance all day long (10 hours). It is crisp, light, creamy, floral, and gourmand all at the same time. This is the best purchase I've made in quite a while. The opening was very crisp white floral and creamy almond milk. As it wore, the fragrance turned a bit sweeeter and softer.I rate it 9/10 only because it takes a little time to soften from the opening note. Longevity and sillage are incredible.

Jaycm
Jaycm

I thought I would love this based on the notes, and I did love it when I tested it on paper. On my skin however I didn't enjoy it so much, it became kind of overwhelming and I got tired of the smell. It has a kind of sticky cloying aspect. In terms of longevity, I could smell it for ~3-4 hours. This kind of smells like YSL Cinema to me, so if you like Cinema you might like this.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

A green liquid might make you think that it must be some kind of citrus perfume. But no. In contrary, no citrusy - sharp notes in here. It is very creamy and light perfume. Like fabric softener with creamy notes (Lenor almond or something like that). Perfume itself is very pleasant and non offensive. Lasting power: more than 5hr

tessaeastgate
tessaeastgate

Took me a while to try this, as I am not a fan of the original Elie Saab. I'm glad I finally walked back to the Elie counter this season. I don't even know what made me think this would be similar to Le Parfum.

This one has just the right sweetness, and the creaminess of the vanilla-almond is fantastic. This would be the closest I'm willing to go gourmand, though I wouldn't dare wear it during the hottest days here in Fiji. Not that I don't think it would work (I know people who can pull of sweet/gourmand in the height of summer), but I personally can't have vanilla very close to me when it's hot. Nevertheless, I would love to smell this on anyone else throughout the year.

I will definitely get my own bottle soon.

Veronica85
Veronica85

محشر. شبیه یک رویای مخملی، مخملی به رنگ مایع عطر

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is amazing! Light, sparkling... Just a touch of sweet Vanilla mixed with almond, and a bright citrus. Not as strong as the original but beautiful. A good alternative if you don't like the rose in the edt. Great for all occasions, any season... It's light but the Vanilla makes it wearable in the cold too.

Linaskye
Linaskye

I've been curious about the Elie Saab line of fragrances for quite some time because of the mixed reviews from different websites and also because I'm a big fan of Elie Saab's gowns that I've seen on different starlets and singers. Also, the description of L'eau Couture intrigued me. I haven't heard of many perfumes being "nutty", and I had a few France's K. Scents on my test list. Been broke lately, but my birthday is soon, and so I decided to treat myself to a sale bottle at Marshall's. The packaging is what made up my mind, as I love pale aqua blue, pale mint, etc., so all the factors meshed into a blind buy.

I both really enjoy AND dislike the fragrance. On my skin, it's super nutty once it dries down, but at the same time, it's always light and clean, which I like. The first notes are fabulously clear, watery (but not aquatic...aquatic always seems heavier to me than when I think of "watery"), and lightly floral. On a breeze, I'd catch this elegant but whimsical scent that never would overpower me or give me a headache. The middle of the fragrance did nothing for me, being way too nutty without the grace of the top (strange how I get the middle note first and then the almond top note). Then the final drydown was somewhere in the middle, smelling fantastic on my shirt, but not impressing on my skin.

What I would conclude from my observations is that it is a unique, light, interesting, classy fragrance that stokes my curiosity for the rest of the line. For my chemistry, this isn't necessarily one I will reach for very often, but I am still impressed. I will say that longevity is somewhere between 2-4 hours, and silllage starts as moderate and eventually dies down to a closer to the skin finish that's kind of but not completely undetectable to passersby. I can't wait to try Le Parfum Eau de Toilette, as I also purchased a box of three purse sprays. Check this one out for something different if you find nutty and vanilla smells to be your cup of tea.

Awater01
Awater01

Palmolive used to make a moisturizing body wash in vanilla and almond oil that used to be my favourite till they stopped making it years ago. This has the same luxurious smell though I'd like to think it has a bit more quality given the brand difference. It's a comforting smell, clean and lovely. It's just as nice to spray on your scarf in winter as to warm your skin in summer. It has great lasting power, though on me the orange blossom disappears pretty quick leaving behind creamy vanilla almonds. Lasts longer on clothes.

gillbert
gillbert

nice scent and easy to wear. perfect for daily wear. nice smooth vanilla. perfect for teenage and high school student.

sillage and longevity is moderate. also safe for blind buy.

Annica
Annica

Top: Calabrian Bergamot, Magnolia
Heart: Orange Blossom
Base: Green Almond, Vanilla

L'eau Couture is a great every-day-scent. Starts a bit strong but softens down to a beautiful orange blossom scent with just a hint of vanilla. One of the best orange blossom-scents I tried so far in my life.

L'eau Couture är en fantastisk varje-dag-doft. Börjar lite kraftigt/starkt men mjuknar ner till en av de finaste apelsin-blom-dofter jag känt i mitt liv. Underbar, med bara en luftig aning om vanilj.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

I almost blind bought L'Eau Couture because of the notes (the gorgeous, flowery-worded descriptions of their use are quite convincing!) and because of my love for Francis Kurkdjian. I didn't make the purchase and decided to test it on my skin first as it seems the fragrance seems to vary drastically from person to person.

My skin pulls sunny richness from these notes that reminds me a bit of Poeme, which I love. This scent splits into two when I smell it, which is captivating. The beginning of an inhale is all vanilla custard with powdery-sweet almond, and at the end of an inhale bright orange blossoms and a touch of greenery make a quick ascent through the creaminess to give the nose a little kiss. It settles into a creamy orange blossom scent - a nice mix of wearable and whimsical. The light green juice and packaging fits the "feel" of it.

I was going to go back and make the purchase that day because I liked L'eau Couture so much, but I decided to wait again. I'm glad I did. I found that I was tired of the fragrance after a day of wear (props to the longevity, though!) and each whiff I caught made me feel a little more over it than the time before. I'll try it again on a different day in different weather, but for now I'll wait on the purchase. Definitely give this scent a try before you buy. It could be your new favorite!

nerolette
nerolette

Half the time I love this, half the time it's just...weird. When I love it it's because it's playful but sexy in an odd way - like a kitten playing dress-up? Or maybe like an older woman playing the part of sex kitten? It muddles old-fashioned notes with something distinctly immature. When I don't love it it's for the same reason, though - the old-fashioned/youthful balance is tricky. When it seems to work it's fun and quirky and delicious, but on first spray and on too-hot days it comes off all wrong, sticky and fake. I will certainly keep in in my wardrobe, but will only wear it on certain occasions.

Esperide
Esperide

There's the sweetest note of dying spring in this original addictive green honeydew scent.
A beginning of bitter almond dissolving into intoxicating sweetness of orange blossoms and then into delicate creamy shades of honey and
hazelnut.
Very modest sillage.

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

In my opinion, this is the best of the Elie Saab range so far. This is a creamy, milky, nutty fragrance. I get the Orange Blossom and Green Almond immediately, it feels like the Vanilla lingers in the background, which gives it the milkiness I get. I really love this one. It's not as strong & almost 'in your face' like the original Elie Saab. I think you can wear this any time of the year, day or night :) It also lasts super long! I've been wearing it for 5 hours now - still there :)

Housebliss
Housebliss

When I first tried this the scent was so familiar, and I needed to find out where I had smelled it before.

Through the years I've been using the Palmolive almond hand wash. This smells exactly like that, and I couldn't be happier.

Clean, fresh, and creamy citrus with a hint of vanilla.

Longevity is excellent and sillage is perfect. You can smell it on yourself all day long and it's pretty uplifting. I do one spray on the chest and one on the neck. Any more than that could get cloying.

Guys shouldn't hesitate to try this, and if you enjoy the Palmolive I mentioned you'll absolutely like this.

floralfragrance

I went to this psychologist, whom I don't think I'll ever forget. Her office was decorated so elegantly I thought I was in a high end book store in Paris or Rome. When she came in, wearing a fleeting maxi flower dress and flats, her nails painted in dark bordeaux, speaking very elegantly, she was so charismatic and smart, I instantly felt uplifted even in first 10 mins. There was a soothing vanilla smell coming from jo malone candles and a giant flower bouquet of white flowers on the table. When i smelled this the first time i liked it but i wasn't in love, but the second time i smelled it when a salesman gave me a test strip, i instantly thought of her, this was the aura in her office smelled like. I bought not only the perfume, but also the lotion. This is a character perfume, not something to sassy yourself up with. You smell it, you recognize it. It's also very natural smelling, not artificial at all. Yes, it is soapy, fresh, clean and sweet at the same time. I recommend it if you like jo malone florals or diptyque candles, not like coco mademoiselles or la vie est belles (which i own both).

seaside
seaside

This is my only Elie Saab fragrance, so I can't compare it to his others. I bought a sample because I love the scent of almonds, and I didn't notice any reviews saying that this one was a bitter almond at all. I fell in love and promptly ordered the 3 oz bottle.

This is a beauty. Almonds, the freshness of orange, and the light hint of vanilla. The end result is so much more than the individual notes themselves.

I was shocked to see one reviewer here say that she or he could not detect any almond. I spritzed this on and asked my husband what he thought. Now, mind you, he usually says, "It's okay." Nothing more.

But this time he said that it smells different, sort of nutty, and that he liked it. I praised him for detecting the actual note. :-)

For me, this is a fairly linear scent. What you first smell is what you get from then on. And this is a good thing.

The longevity is decent for an EDT. I do recommend getting the large size so that you can spritz to your heart's delight.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

The best fragrance in the world.,,,,a nice fragrance! Soft, gentle, classy, very pleasant

emmarion
emmarion

This is a very beautiful scent, fresh and floral, warm and clean all at once. It does however smell fairly familiar. The first spritz is a cloud of expensive smelling, slightly indistinguishable notes that seem very similar to many other fragrances. However as it settles, it dries down to an absolutely lovely medley of vanilla and orange flower. Sweet and aromatic. This would be my first choice for a garden party or outdoor summer wedding. Evocative of sundresses and champagne under flowering trees.

maggie_blaze
maggie_blaze

When I firstly sprayed it in the perfume shop, it smelled a bit of a bubble gum. Then the scent started to develop. An hour later I smelled my wrist again and it was a nice and warm scent, very elegant and quite familiar. I spent quite some time sniffing my wrist and recalling all my perfumes and I've got the answer: Dolce & Gabbana The One! However, Eau L'Eau Couture is not as strong as The One and doesn't give me a headache. So, I would be happy to go back to the shop and purchase L'Eau Couture for an everyday wear!

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This is an absolutely gorgeous scent! I loved it from the moment I tried it. L'eau Couture opens with a burst of signature Elie Saab orange blossom, which is really juicy in this scent with none of the plasticine quality of the original. As it dries down, sweet green almond peeks through and the orange blossom is slowly overtaken by creamy vanilla. The vanilla note in this scent is almost a buttercream frosting, sweet and delicious without being overwhelming.
I actually see this as a pretty safe blind buy, especially if you love neroli or other Elie Saab scents. It's a close sister to the original EDP but different enough to still be worth buying!
I love seeing this pretty bottle on my shelf. It makes me smile every time I smell it!

Nil3
Nil3

I'm just gonna write and say that THIS is NOT a safe blind buy. Some might think of that blue liquid in the toilet that flows once you flush.

It's nothing I ever smelled before . Would love to smell it on the right chemistry. I'm sure its performance is unique.

Not a safe blind buy!

pattyk
pattyk

Got it today....all I smell is Lily of the Valley and....maybe the orange blossom. No vanilla and no almonds. It's too sharp for me. It's starting to fade after a half hour but still there. Maybe it will make me like it better as it lays around on the inside of my arm. Oh well...can't win them all. It's not the perfume, it's me....

Update: Now it faintly smells of lily of the valley as though it is a soap now, lighter scent and non offensive. I think it's been about an hour and a half. I wouldn't rebuy this one but it's not bad, it's just I have so many perfumes and I don't find this special on me. I think I may have bought the wrong perfume. The names are so much alike. I think I wanted the "Le Parfum" without the L'eau Couture.

Four Roses
Four Roses

I like this fragrance, but it's not a winner. Got a sample of it, and I've used it a couple of times now. Reminds me of almond milk soap, which is a good thing because I like that smell. However, it does not have a wow effect on me. Dry down is a very plain vanilla and it has a very weak sillage.

Eira Sol
Eira Sol

I smell like macarons and milk!!! Unfortunately I find it to be a little nauseating....
But if you`re into smelling like macarons - go buy!

Hipchick40
Hipchick40

This a surely a Le Parfum flanker. It has the same orange blossom but it is a bit lighter and fresher. The patchouli is absent with almond in its place. It is creamier and more powdery as well. It lasts and lasts too, which is great for me. I really am enjoying it and am grateful for another Elie Saab option!

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

I so wanted to love or at least like this, but on my skin this is muddled confusion. It's ALMOST beautiful to my nose, but I think that I don't like orange blossom because another fragrance with orange blossom turned me totally off, too. If there was something else there then this would be a winner for me, but I just can't with this. Sorry.

jlfears
jlfears

I loved this on paper, and I loved it on my skin. However, it started to make me nauseated. It's a very pretty and well done scent, so I know it's just me. But still, as usual, when something doesn't work on you... it's the most TENACIOUS scent ever. This rivals Angel and may even win in the sillage and tenacity ring.

On to the scent.

First spray: on my skin, like a cupcake, loads of flowers, something beachy mixed with Clinique Happy (lemon ~ fringe), and light (what I thought was a) spice.

An hour later, it turns into the world's strongest *Cupcake* scent, with loads of almond and light flowers. The lemony~happy bit is over, as is the beach, and something lingers that makes the whole mixture a bit nauseating... to me, on my skin. I doubt this is true for everyone.

Way later, after sweating for hours, I am left with the world's strongest *Soapy Cupcake*

Not for me.
Very pretty, I would bet, on most people.
Very strong.
Very good sillage.
Holds on for dear life and tries to mate with your skin.

GhostFleur
GhostFleur

I find this similar to ALIEN eau Extraordinaire because of the citrus and almond accord present in both compositions. The site got the notes wrong.

Elie Saab L'eau Couture's composition based on Elie Saab's official site:

L'eau Couture is a fresh, couture and deliciously addictive fragrance mingling the fresh citrus notes of Bergamot and Magnolia with a gourmand and crisp Green Almond.

It is long lasting and deliciously creamy with the Almond note being the most pronounced from the heart to the base. Has a moderate sillage so it's impossible to offend someone. I just love it and I'm planning to get this little piece of heaven real soon...

AllyWillems
AllyWillems

This was my first perfume ever. At first I sort of regretted it as it seemed to green, but now that it's very warm in the UK this develops SO MUCH BETTER on my skin. The floral notes come out way more, as before it felt too much just almonds and coldness. I think I will wear this to work as it's fresh and quite sophisticated. Haven't decided whether I will repurchase yet after I finish my 30ml.

lord montifer
lord montifer

Mmm just like pistachio ice cream! Lovely on a warm spring day and lasts well too.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Another flanker from Elie Saab that's feminine, pretty, elegant, refreshing and ideal for warm climates.

On my skin, this begins as a blast of softly-sweet green-tinged almonds combined with the fresh orange blossom that develops into a lighter and cleaner dry-down. It's very linear. Sometimes the almonds are like play dough on my skin, which unfortunately cheapens the smell of the fragrance since almonds are one of the main notes. Sillage is soft; lasts for about 5-6 hours.

Mas777

Crisp and green almond.. I know well this smell and this flavour, a sour taste, but very fresh. It is the taste of springtime in my country, southern Italy. It's not a common choice in a perfum, so I like very much Eau Couture. It's the only E. Saab scent that I love :-)
It's a warm springtime in a wonderful bottle and with a wonderful colour..

Perfumejunkie7
Perfumejunkie7

If heaven exists, I am pretty sure it smells like Elie Saab L'Eau Couture. This is the best fresh floral scent I have ever come across. I want it so badly. It's simply perfect. Beautiful, delicate, intoxicating and sexy. I can smell honey in it although it's not included in the notes. Can't believe so few notes could make such perfection. And it lasts a long time too.

victoria.mei1992

I hated it so much. It was very almondy. But right now I don't know, but I want to spray this on myself, I want to feel that smoky almondy vanilla cloud. It's suffocating though.

miss mills
miss mills

This smells like delicate honey and vanilla with fresh green lightly infused throughout. Silky, sheer, very delicate and fairylike - I like this one an awful lot. Will test again, for sure. Feels like a very personal sort of fragrance, one that could be a surprising signature - beautiful.

ellentjah
ellentjah

After the first sniff I thought, this is nice, smells good, but not special. But now, after a few hours, I really become to loving this perfume :-) It's a fresh, beautiful, soft and happy perfume

phanhtofu
phanhtofu

I would love it much better if it has jasmine instead of Orange Blossom. It's a very good perfume at first sniff tho

chinna
chinna

Smells like a marzipan liqueur... :(

Brisa_Marina
Brisa_Marina

What almonds? Nothing but Orange Blossoms! Too bad the longevity is just not there. Max 2 hours on my skin and then nothing.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

It's been a long time since I didn't fell for a mainstream fragrance. But this one was love at first smelling the breezy flowery silage, which transported me in a Mediterranean spring and also reminded me of an old love. I realised after buying it why that was: Elie Saab Eau Coutoure is a more sophisticated reincarnation of Guerlain Tiare-Mimosa, which I loved a lot.

KIARA85
KIARA85

I like the almond smell so I guess thats why I find this perfume ok, but just ok,I wouldnt list it to my fav

gawerika
gawerika

Somehow I was not too keen on testing this but had a chance to test it yesterday and on me this is light but mostly creamy on the same lines as the Jean Paul Gaulthier & Alien and getting more powdery as it wears longer on the skin, sadly no freshness...the color of the scent is misleading as on would expect it to be fresh and airy.

It is lasting about 5-6 hours on my skin but the silage to very close to the skin thus it would properly make it a good everyday scent for running errands, work, the park, etc.

It still a good quality fragrance but one can get similar alternatives at a fraction of its price.

PS - Almost forgot, I tested this on the same day as Chanel Chance Eau Tendre and this lasted longer on my skin than the Chanel...go figure.

PINAVIA
PINAVIA

Свежесть и шик! Очень приятный запах. Сладость и легкость цветов. Немного горечи, если принюхаться подольше. Пробник получила в Италии летом, это было кстати по настроению. Очень летний и очень элегантный в тоже время.

vanillary29
vanillary29

This was my first fragrance from Elie Saab and I truly love it. The vanilla and almond are extremely smooth and well blended, with some powdery orange blossom giving a tinge of freshness to it. The composition is simple yet harmonious. It creates a gentle aura around you without being too strong or overpowering. The pastel green colour of the packaging definitely suits the fragrance. This is definitely springtime appropriate but the vanilla and almond truly blossom in cold weather as well :)

katdc
katdc

I am such a big fan of the original Elie Saab Le Parfum (which I suspect is in part because I love his work in fashion) so I was quite excited to try this one. I was expecting it to be like the younger sister of the Le Parfum line, somehow lighter and sweeter. In a way, it was, but I didn't like it as much. It is sweeter than Le Parfum, to be sure. I felt like this was Le Parfum and Gaultier's Classique mixed together, but with Le Parfum buried underneath. I definitely picked up Gaultier when smelling it on my skin. I cant vouch for the longevity as I washed it off soon after applying since I didn't much care for the scent. I do believe I will give this another try some other day, though; probably give it the chance to develop and run its full course.

dsty
dsty

I love almond as a note in perfumes, so I was drawn to this despite my complex relationship with orange blossom (it's shifty to say the least).
As it turns out, I didn't need to worry: the almond/orange blossom combination works wonderfully well. It takes the sharper edges of both of these potentially lovely but hit-and-miss notes; they're merged into a soft, light, sophisticated sweetness that's really a breath of fresh air compared to most almond fragrances.

So I like this very much, it's another one for my growing list of winter perfumes that are light and elegant enough for casual public use but substantial enough to offer some comfort in the darkest and coldest months.

Kristabelle
Kristabelle

I finally got my hands on this beauty! Love! Love! Love!

susieqrj
susieqrj

I just bought mine yesterday and Im using it today. Its nice but I sneezed a lot after applying.
Smells nice but is powdery. I don't feel this as refreshing. It is soft, delicate and warming (because of the powdery aspect). It is lovely.

gamme82
gamme82

oh my! its good. Its so youthful and transparent the younger line of elie saab, the daughter of le parfume. But really its just to much vanilla. One could imagine this composed with gardenia ++ with less vanilla. And the almond, well kinda leaves a hypnotic poison sort of vibe. I've only liked this one, cause it seems to be a desperate attempt to compose something for spring/summer. Yet i am NOT disappointed.

Bublegum
Bublegum

Flowery but sweet! Clean and fresh. I like this floral scent. It makes a good combination between the creaminess of the almond and vanilla and the floral vibe of the orange blossom. By the way, I usually don't like orange notes, but this is very well balanced and not overwhelming. Not too sweet, but not too flowery either. Very nice for a spring morning or summer evening. Sillage and longevity are also good as well.

Jadelynn
Jadelynn

I love how this looks in the bottle, but otherwise it doesn't do much for me. It actually reminds me of Trussardi's Donna (they apparently use similar notes), but less sweet and more soapy. Donna has a very expensive, elegant smell to it, where this one just kind of clogs your nose with soap. The soapy smell actually grows stronger the longer I wear it. After a while, it just became overwhelming.

Gigi86
Gigi86

Try it on skin!
When i tested it on paper i liked it so much and decided
to spray it on me next time.
Wise decision!
There may be a delicious fresh citrusy-floral-almond-vanilla
on the tester wich is a good choice for a vanilla lover if it's tired of heavy orientals.
But here comes my chemistry or i don't know whar the hell and i felt i could have had a bath in the shopping center's toilet...
Like the mixture of a cheap chewing gum and some kind of
synthetic almond without any vanilla.
i felt like a chemical weapon :)98

floralfragrance

In a world where big orientals and loud spices compete with extremely sweet candy coated fruits, Elie Saab says 'I don't care what masses want, I have my own sense of beauty.' His line represents this idea so well. I think this and the original versions edt represent the younger side and the edp and edp intense represent the more grown up side of the idea. I can't imagine this line offering a loud candied fruitchouli any time soon. Even the niche houses are racing to make the sweetest, the most cloying, overwhelming creations sadly :( We need more of this refined niche attitude these days..

marylu
marylu

I have nothing new to add to what others have already said about this beautiful creation. My favorite of the Elie Saab's I've tried, and one of the most favorites in my collection.I love the elegant, simplistic design of the bottle which matches the lovely fragrance inside.

I seldom sample a perfume which makes me think immediately, "I have to get this" the way this one did.

I don't get any greenness. The orange blossom and almond combines perfectly, creating a scent which is not too sweet and not to floral.

An intensely feminine fragrance that is sure to get you noticed. It lasts for hours on my skin. Perfect for spring and summer but I will also wear this beauty during the cooler fall temps as well. Highly recommend!

This perfume impressed me on first sniff, as I wrote below, but in time it keeps smelling just average nice, very clean and delicately generic floral. I wish that the almond was stronger. This is too clean for me and the drydown smells a little like bath products or playdough, which is very common in perfumes and especially florals in recent time. It's a little too articial to be fully enjoyed. It reminds me of a watered version of old Cacharel Eau d'Eden minus the cloying note that seemed like fresh tobacco leaves (to my nose).
In all all a highly wearable perfume for people who don't like their perfume to be too strong among others. A man wearing this might look like one who just had a shower with mainstream jasmine or lily-of-the-valley soap, in a good way. My bf said NO to this.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This is a light, airy, cool, sweet floral. Its pastel green color is a perfect visual representation of what's inside. I get equal parts vanilla, almond and orange blossom.

This is potentially a great option for someone who doesn't consider themselves particularly "floral" but wants to branch out as the orange blossom is tempered here.

It's pretty and I like it, not wowed by it, though. It reminds me of a scented soap/bath product I've encountered before, but I can't seem to remember what was.

SweetHeart90
SweetHeart90

This was a blind buy for me as the tester was finished and the woman behind the counter wouldnt let me leave without it. not even kidding.

This scent is just... beautiful. It's slightly creamy, slightly fresh, and a whole lotta woman! Woman, not girl. Classy, sophisticated and charming, the woman in the room that every man wants, and every woman wants to be. Perfect for every day, not so much night if you prefer something deep.

I would give it a 9/10 only because the longevity could be better, i find i get maybe 1hr, 2 if im lucky. But otherwise this scent is such a delicious dream.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Do you remember the time when women used to complain about why only men could do certain things? Well, I wonder why only women can have the best scents? It's not fair. Period.
L'Eau Couture is a wonderful light scent for those who want to smell nice, clean, respectful, sober, classy, youthful and even religious. Why can't a man fell like being that? In 2014?
ESEC opnes very much in the fashion of Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile, and this opening will hunt you for a long time. Then it becomes a very soft light version of Fleur du Male, so smooth like velvet. Then it becomes a tiny bit gourmand-ish, like freshe light baked almond biscuit, not a single tiny bit burnt. All sweety and pale yellow, like something produce for a very pure ritual or to evoke such event. On my skin L'Eau Couture is like a merry-go-round, a never ending feell goosd/smell good scent. These waves come and go at their own pace just to remind me everything is alright, the world is beautiful ..." even the orchestra is beautiful." God only knows how much we need to feel like that from time to time, to cope with the other stuff.
The bottle is also a lovely piece for your collection.
Bravo, some 5 times for Elie Saab.

pi^2
pi^2

I was so ready to love this one, but unfortunately the green note in it just doesn't agree with me. Something in it was annoying to my nose, sharp and sour.

EDIT: a bottle of this found its way to me possession, so I gave it another chance. I now find it much softer, kind of milky with the almonds and vanilla. The almonds give this fragrance a less floral, slight green/fruity accord which is what bothered me at first, but now I can appreciate it. The orange blossom shines its light through them, but it is not as heady as in the other fragrances on this line. It is innocent and a bit soapy, light with a delicate sweetness and subtle warmth. Overall a very nice and inoffensive fragrance, and IMO less attractive or impressive compared with the rest of the line. Its like a baby brother to them. If the others have direct, warm sunshine in them, this one has the kind of light you get under a tree - cool, subdued and green, which doesn't hurt your eyes but also doesn't warm you up.

All in all, a nice and well-made fragrance but I don't consider this a must-have on my wardrobe.

cpellegrino
cpellegrino

While it smells good I don't find it particularly special or interesting. It's fresh and citrus-y. But I feel like if you wanted just that you could easily find lots of perfumes that smell the same/similar for under $20.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

I am smitten. An exquisite combination of fresh orange flowers with a bit of bitter almond. It is so light and airy, yet nicely grounded. Not much honey here, although I suspect it is not completely absent, given the "roundness" of the juice. I see that only vanilla is mentioned, but I don't see how that would be sufficient to ground a fragrance. Yet, I cannot detect anything else.

It is simply breathtaking in its beauty: from first spray to lingering smell, it retains its soft orange blossom, which is both innocent and seductive every step of the way (and this comes from someone who loves real orange blossoms, but hates their soapy and nondescript perfume interpretations).

Sillage is close to the skin, but longevity is actually pretty good. I become anosmic after a while, but even 6 to 7 hours I still get sporadic ESEC gorgeous and delicate wafts. And my clothes smell like a dream after a week.

A beautiful, easy to wear, spring and summer fragrance. No, it's not niche, but sometimes this is a good thing: there are no intellectual and olfactory circumvolutions. Its beauty is simply there, for all to enjoy.

SamanthaRenee
SamanthaRenee

Refined, fresh and sweet. I never knew how much I enjoyed sugared scents until Elie came along. All I detect from the start are the oranges and vanilla. Its simple yet pleasing. Later on I catch the hint of almonds but its very subtle. On my skin it softly radiates for hours and Im so pleased with that. This is delicate and somewhat reserved. Prim and proper even. If loving this is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

lilytrivette
lilytrivette

Elegant, sophisticated and romantic, it opens with almond and white florals, before revealing orange blossom and vanilla notes highly recommend.

zind
zind

I was curious to test Le Parfum and the lovely girl at the counter suggested I'd try this one too. Le parfum unfortunately didn't do anything for me, but this.. oh my! I had to visit fragrantica after twisting my brains and stuffing my nose in there a million times, because I had no idea what kind of notes could make this delicious symphony. yum!

On me this is not particularly fresh, not really fresh at all (most fresh scents turn sour and nasty on my skin), but it is indeed fresher than most of the heavy scents that I love. It's also sweet, but more flowery sweet, not any of the cloying or heavy sugercoated sweetness of so many others. On my skin this is perfectly balanced and I could see myself wearing this any season, it's warm enough for winter and not too heavy for summer. It would be a wonderful addition to my otherwise spicy and heavy perfume warderobe

This scent reminds me of something, and I can not pinpoint it for the life of me. It sort of reminds me of a popsicle icecream and there is something in this scent that does remind me of something from my childhood and teens (I seem to fall head over heels for perfumes that do that to me!)

I need this... like, yesterday! Must have it!

Juliana6

I was given a sample of this in February 2014 (I wrote then my first review about it) and since then the scent has been lingering in my mind, like someone you have once met and you can't forget this impression. So I got it. I'm still surprised about how this scent is created using only 3 notes.
There's a place near where I live where the pine forest meets the Baltic sea and there have been several houses with gardens around them before. The buildings are demolished, but the bushes and the plants are still growing there. And so the fresh, salty sea scent in the wild wind mixes with the pine wood scent and blooming lilac, apple tree, cherry tree, wild lilies-of-the-valley and all other plant scents. It's the breath of the nature.
And the opening of this perfume reminds me this. Surely more green, more fresh and a bit sweeter than the regular Elie Saab Le parfum, more transparent, calmer, milder. I still agree with what I wrote in my first review, only now I'm in love with this fragrance.

victoria.mei1992

Very smoky vanilla and almond skin smell. Similar to black orchid, heavy smell, expected lightness from this. Good that I tried before buying.
Stays for a long time and sillage would be great if you spray more. Especially on clothes or hair.
Has similarity with xtina's unforgettable but more light.

winamiranti
winamiranti

who fell for elie saab edp? just imagine elie saab mix with almond, from my experience i smell a crunchier elie saab first i sprayed it on my skin, then wait... the almond will be dominant after. i think its perfect who likes elie saab and a sweet nutty notes. for me its definitely love at the first spray.

MsDana
MsDana

Heavenly, is the perfect word to describe this fragrance. Soft and beautiful. I love it. For me it is the perfect summer fragrance.

Neol
Neol

At first when I apply this fragrance, firt scent is light and not too much strong attraction but after 5 min the smell turn to clam sweet from white floral plus creamy almond and the scent are stain on my body more than 8 hours.
It is nice fragrance and fit for me and may fit for who is favorite to soft, dreamy and lovely scent with long lasting.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

If Elie Saab le parfum was heaven in a bottle for me, this is summer freshness in a bottle, it's very fresh, delicate, sweet but in a lovely way not cloying like the ones we find these days. when i smelled it i felt like i wanna drink it or even wanna take a shower with it :D THUMBS UP

This is close to being the perfect spring perfume!!
It is fresh and sweet, with an elegant vibe, the almond is soft but I can detect it, it is a breezy creamy floral, I like it a lot, it manages to smell different from many floral scents out there! It is sweeter than the other two, which are very nice, but a bit more formal and flowery. Couture is more modern, more uplifting, the floral notes never over the top.
Lovely creation!

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

It's endearingly fresh in the opening, light floral -not the sweet kind- with a hint of powder. Then as it settles it turns into this gentle combination of vanilla and bitter almond. It's refined and beautiful, very feminine. Light. Comfortable. Can be worn in the summer if a bit of heaviness doesn't bother you, but I can imagine wearing this more in the fall and spring time. I'm pretty satisfied with both longevity and sillage.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

It is fresh and clean but also soft and gentle. I smell mostly white flowers,almonds and vanilla. It is sweet but not candy sweet. It is a lovely scent but it does not last so long on me unfortunately.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

I tried it a few time with the hope of a passionate love affaire ! Orange Blossom , almond & vanilla , list of my favourites, I could not wait to be introduced.
Very strong burst of Bitter Almond which lasted 20 minutes & then nothing.
I tried it again & again, same thing, beside a growing nauseated headache !
What a shame, I so wanted to love it.

julieekerr
julieekerr

like a summery light version of le parfum and intense which i love. clean gentle Citrus burst to start then a more gentle orange blossom sweet floral centre. just delightful perfect for summer when le parfum and intense are too heavy.
absolutely love this range

dkny27
dkny27

Very soft and sweet... An opening of slightly orange scented almonds. The fragrance at the opening is stellar and poignant...
A beautiful deep and nostalgic fragrance.... My only complaint is that this wonderful opening fades quickly on my skin and I am left with very faint remnants of what was... Then turning a bit medicinal and sharp.
Perhaps, just not a great match for my skin....

ankaa
ankaa

Great scent for the holidays. For me it's the smell of pistachio ice cream eaten by the lake on a summer day. I love it, remind me of holidays in Croatia - there have probably the best pistachio ice cream I've ever eaten!

pravda48
pravda48

Oh my... I thought I hated orange blossoms until now! What is this magical creamy goodness and can it possibly contain a citrus blossom which I generally loathe? Hmm... I see gardenia is actually in here, so orange is maybe a 2ndary player?

It's delicious. It was, for once, love at first whiff for me. And I hope it stays so as I retest! Creamy, natural flower petal sweetness and a gentle touch of vanilla/almond has lured me in and I will heed its call.

[10.15.14] some time later: I acquired a partial bottle in a swap here and still do love it. Let it be known that THIS is the scent that showed me how beautiful orange blossoms can be vs my previous associations of them with unpleasant soapy scents.

Mas777

I agree with ScarlettX :-) and in my opinion it's the best scent of Elie Saab.

Quite fine and elegant fragrance. At first it had a little bit freshness in it, but later it developed calm sweetness. I can feel almond and vanilla in it. Vanilla doesn't make this one overwhelmingly sweet or overpowering.
I think it's nice.

Julie Billi

thants butterbean.....I was reading articles in women magazines mentioning magnolia, & I thought they are wrong but it seems they are not!

butterbean
butterbean

FYI - This perfume does NOT have frangipani/plumeria or jasmine in it - like someone mentioned below and in the board threads.

The notes listed on Fragrantica are correct, however, they are missing bergamot and magnolia.

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

Another beautiful creation. This one smells very different on paper than on skin. On paper the white flowers are prominent. Fresh orange blossom stays politely in the background, soft but noticeable and well blended with sweet vanilla. On (my) skin the orange blossom comes out nicely together with almond and what I'd describe as vanilla-honey notes, even though honey isn't listed. After a while its like a fresher, greener version of Elie Saab EDT. It's a great perfume for spring and summer, especially if you like the original but find it a tat too sweet for hot weather. I'm a big fan of all the Elie Saabs, this one now included.

Very clean, delicate, elegant scent. Totally office and school safe. It has very good longevity for such a gentle scent. I can smell it very clearly after many, many hours.

misscherie07
misscherie07

I don't like this one it smell like almonds and synthetic vanilla and some green flowers. Its like toilet spray with vanilla.

ingelot
ingelot

reminds me a bit of Biotherm Eau de Paradis..very nice for spring/summer but no lasting power

Amarie121
Amarie121

It's nice; nothing earth shattering, but nice scents have their place, too! Office-friendly, it begins with a salty-ozonic jasmine. I can most smell a resemblance to Elie Saab perfume at this stage. The fragrance quickly dries to a musky vanilla, still fresh and softly green, with traces of ozonic "L'Eau". Sadly, pleasing and light does not equal headache-free. There may be lillies lurking under the "white flower" heading, which would make it nice for Spring, but bad for my allergies!

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This perfume reminds me a lot of Dolce and Gabbana the one, mostly on the dry down though. On the initial spray it's a tad less gourmand then the one. I like it because I love the one. It's nice and soft and powdery. If I didn't already have the one I would buy this! It might be a perfect selection for spring (whereas the One would be more for winter). Good projection and so far, good longevity. Still in love with the original Elie Saab though!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This lovely scent is a wonderful addition to my spring 'goddess' pantheon of fragrances that are ethereal, sheer, yet lasting and well crafted. The orange blossom in this scent is beautiful, not too indolic, but has just enough indoles to be sexy and suggest that the wearer, while appearing to be a very proper lady, is a naughty lady underneath her crisp linen sheath. I also smell some lovely frangipani in L'eau Couture. Frangipani is one of my favorite notes and it blends seamlessly with orange blossom and jasmine.

The almond note does smell like almonds but not in the over sweet way that almond notes are found in gourmand scents. It is a woody scent to my nose, suggesting cashmere wood and a tiny bit of sandalwood, both of which I think are present in this fragrance.

The vanilla is pretty but not too sweet. It is musky and there are light citrusy notes present also. I smell a bit of bergamot, mandarin and some lemon. These notes do not dominate, as they do in so many fragrances. M. Kurkdjian shows himself to be a gifted perfumer in the masterful way in which he balances these notes just perfectly to keep the illusion of freshness and green without dominating the juice. Very well done, and in my opinion, the best of the Elie Saab fragrances. I must add that the longevity on this juice is amazing. I put it on about 5 pm. one evening and my husband could still smell the sillage the next morning at 9:00 a.m. I am loving that!

hadassa
hadassa

This is a masterfully composed, very well crafted, and even somehow original mainstream "eau". You can definitely feel that it was a master perfumer who worked on it.

L'Eau Couture opens quite green-ish, fresh and powdery, not sweet. The Elie Saab Le Parfum DNA is certainly there, namely the honeyed clean musky feel of the line. And, of course, orange blossom. There is plenty of it.

Later on it becomes sweeter and more powdery, I'm not sure what "green almond" stands for, but the almond note is very prominent here, it's powdery and sweetish, but not overwhelmingly so.

There is no honey in the pyramid, but I do feel it in the composition. However, it is not sickly sweet, it's just a pleasant touch.

The base is quite similar to Le Parfum to my nose, just without the woodiness and, most importantly, the patchouli. I think L'Eau Couture might be a good option for those who liked the original Elie Saab, but found it too earthy (and sweet, for that matter).

I sprayed 5 hours ago and it still projects quite well, no problem with the longevity here.

Thumbs up, give it a try if you are looking for a sweet and fresh, naturally smelling almond floral for warmer weather. It has this classy and rich aura, and doesn't smell artificial, unlike many sweet florals on the market.

mamufa
mamufa

not lasting, at least on me - about 30-40 minutes.
Smells beautiful green and fresh on paper.
On my skin it;s annoying and develops somehow like Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau and I hate it.

From the notes - I hoped for something for me.

Gina Lungu

It's not longlasting at all! 1 hour, what a pitty!

vicknasty
vicknasty

The orange blossom is really great in this scent. The almonds are soft and creamy, in a silken vanilla flavoured almond milk. But that's it - creamy almond milk and orange blossom. Nothing more. I really wish there was more to it!

jasminee
jasminee

If my heaven has a scent, this is it.
Upon the first spray, there is a blast of orange blossom. A few minutes later, the scent settles down to the smoothest creamy white floral scent ever. The three notes are singing and dancing around me, with vanilla playing the role of lead vocal. This is the scent I dream of.
Too bad the longevity is around 3 hours only with 3 sprays… but it is always a pleasure to spray on your favourite perfume. :)

CozyCat
CozyCat

This is gorgeous. Fresh and sweet, crisp, yet smooth and creamy thanks to the almonds and vanilla. It has a texture reminiscent of light whipped cream, cold, right out of the fridge. The orange blossoms are present, but tender, like a gentle caress. The scent wraps around me like a soft dreamy veil. But I would not wear this in summer, it's too sweet for hot days, the vanilla-almond nuance is really quite prominent on me and the orange blossom merely accents that (I would've preferred it the other way round as I love orange blossom).

It's really warm where I am at the moment, and throughout my wearing of this scent, I started wishing L'Eau Couture had some citrus notes and/or green-woodsy notes added in to balance the sweetness of the vanilla and bring out the orange blossom better. Being a hardcore orange-blossom/neroli lover, it left me dissatisfied towards the end. The bottle color of this fragrance is also misleading because I was expecting something sparkling and close-to-nature rather than smooth and honey-ish.
I guess I was expecting something along the lines of Yves Rocher's Neroli Essence, but more complex and green. Well, it's not.

However! I think I would really enjoy this one for spring or sunny winter days, just for the really lovely, airy almond-vanilla blend. Good longevity and sillage for an EDT. Smells like a smoother, lighter, nuttier version of Armani's Code Luna (I like both though, but prefer Code Luna abit more for it's woodsy touch)...they are quite similar...a generous dollop of creamy-sweet vanilla, light orange blossoms and some airy freshness.

Gitsella
Gitsella

I really like this one! The orange blossom allures people in, the almonds makes them want 2 come closer and the vanilla makes them wanna stay. It's a beauty!

Gina Lungu

I think this is fresher, greener than the original, but keeping the signature of a big master: Francis Kurkdjian. I can recognize the orange blossom, but the almond and the green notes are new. I love it!

Leiparis
Leiparis

I have never liked any of Elie Saab Fragrances but this 1 is totally different with the Green Almond in there. Its pleasurable & so nice i like wearing it on the skin.. its also long lasting on my skin.

evacecilias
evacecilias

I was eager to try this and had high hopes.
I guess I had wished for a lighter fresher formula of the original since I have owned that one and loved it but it was soo intense.
This was not a lighter version , it was all different.
And I loved the opening !! Put it on wantlist and then some weeks later sprayed it on me. The green freshness bom - gone by seconds and a note was left thst I was not prepared for. It must be the green almond....
It had the slightest resemblence of a 90-s bombastic perfume I never could wear and therefor I had to remove it from my want list.
The note left was not fresh as the beautiful bottle and box and its hard when expectations and reality doesn ' t match.
At least it does not match MY skin...sadly enough.

Shwets
Shwets

Lovely long lasting honeysuckle and gardenia type fragrance - better to me than the originals.
However on my skin this floral just doesnt work or that i dont like it on me.

I would rather spray on clothes.

Julie Billi

Can Frangrantica add "Green Almond" in the Notes Data base as it does not exist? I am interested to read about it.
I only see almond blossom & almond tree
thanks

HB-C
HB-C

I got this as a sample, I don't think that it's something I would ever have chosen otherwise but yesterday (a lovely sunny spring day) it was wonderful and fresh. It lasted maybe 4 or 5 hours on my skin but I could still catch the occasional whiff from my clothes at the end of the day. Sillage is moderate.

simbeast
simbeast

as someone who likes the original but finds it a bit too intense and occasionally headache-inducing, i think that this beautiful elie saab is the one for me. white florals have been on trend for the last while, but this one is different because to me it actually smells like flowers. it's not as green as the packaging would suggest, but on my skin i do get a hint of green, and a little bit of spice, with a creamy white floral heart.

i agree that it might be disappointing for people expecting a significant departure from the original, but i am completely satisfied with it, and i think that it will make a gorgeous spring scent.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

I tested this on blotter strips alongside a couple of new releases that are similarly aimed at the 'spring fresh' period of this year. Pleasantly surprised at the off as this was the only fragrance that stayed on for the whole day. Pleased to see that the notes are nice and simple as there is no confusion for the consumer and the fragrance remains relatively linear... Which is good. This fragrance has that rare quality of actually having WORKED. A genuinely good balance of the vanilla and almond which is not cloying and stays light and airy. Orange blossom, although common, can be horribly abused and overbearing... But not in this case. A friend has worn this on the skin and it has remained on the skin to be just as light and airy and balanced as on the card. It's good. I like it. It's not trying to be anything other than what it is and that honesty comes through in the fragrance.

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

Estoy probando este perfume de un decant que anitarosal (esta en fragrantica.es) me regaló, gracias Anita!!

Lo cierto es que yo esperaba más, por el momento les digo: cero proyección, a mi me huele un poco a vainilla quemada, rico, no me entiendan mal, pero se siente más bien como si me hubiera puesto una crema de bath and body Works. Con gusto terminaré este decant para ver si cambio de opinión en estos días, respecto a el ya que el original en EDP y EDT son maravillosos.

dormir6
dormir6

It doesn't matches the bottle and the conception. Not light, not green,but annoyingly sweet. It is really toooooo much. The first sniff was nice but after a few minutes, I felt suffocated in a bunch of honeyed flowers and was craving for a breath of freshness.

I had no great expectations with a flanker. I'm not a flanker lover, especially when powerful scents got diluted and sold as "l'Eau".
So this Eau Couture came as a nice surprise, because it is a flanker, indeed, but not a bad one. It's a dreamy soft orangeblossom with fresh almonds, not sweet, not bitter, just in the middle. It has a garden edge that might appeal to the heart longing for spring after the dark winter. Quite carefree and easy wearable, but it has a tenacious core nature that still scream: "Woman!" like its bigger brothers, or rather whisper. Less innocent than it might seems.

heymoe9
heymoe9

I tried this today at NM and I was not happy. It only lasted an hour on me, which was good because even the SA said it didn't smell good on me ( I guess that should make me feel bad). The parfum and intense still smell better.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I'm a big fan of Elie Saab fragrances, and I love Le Parfum, the edt and the intense version as well, with the edp still being my favorite.
I had great expectations with L'Eau Couture, but I must say that I was left underwhelmed. To my nose it's nothing green or fresh as the name and color would suggest, it's actually on the opposite spectrum: very sweet and juicy.
Here the majestic orange blossom and honey that I came to love so much in the original takes the back seat, and all I get is something reminiscent of honeysuckle and sugar... nothing out of the ordinary really. It's nice, but a big let down after having been invariably pleased by all Elie Saab flankers so far. I guess I was expecting a crisp, sparkling variant of the original, but left disappointed by getting an ultra sweet and almost cloying rendition.... well, too bad, off goes my bottle back to the store.

baiba_pukite
baiba_pukite

Tried this one today.. Oh my God, this fragrance is dream-in-a-bottle. Green-creamy spring fragrance. Definately on my "want" list.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

A very natural garden scent, fresh and at the same time with a warmth that I find very pleasant and appealing. Sophisticated innocence somehow.

billeeen
billeeen

Fresh, sweet, light and feminine! It makes me really happy and reminds me of late spring. I like how it only has a few notes. So glad I bought it, this is one of those perfumes I could imagine wearing everyday! Maybe not in very hot weather, but we don't get much of that where I live, so that doesn't really matter to me, I guess. The bottle looks beautiful and I love how the juice itself is this cute light blue. Even though it's light, it has good, moderate sillage and lasting power. Overall rating would be a 9/10! :)

SillySue
SillySue

The new edition of Elie Saab is just lovely. It is fresh and natural and subly sweet. The signature Elie Saab smell that is prominent in the le parfum and edt, can be picked up but it a little more subdued, fresher and sweeter in this green beauty. The beautiful orange blossom is the common note in all editions, but here the almond and vanilla steer L'Eau Couture in a different direction. It reminds me a little of the scent of a very expensive, rich body cream. Like the ones you would buy from Shisheido or Kanebo and the likes. I love it. It's still classy and elegant but perhaps a little less formal. This is a sundress and loose hair type of scent. Relaxed, casual and somewhat 'natural' Just the way I like it :)

prettyswag

so glad i shipped this version..back..and i also noticed the drydown is horrible and it turned generic almost an insult to the edt or edp...stick to those ladies.

prettyswag

I just got my bottle of this...and it is just nice, im not blown away..This is Elie Saab EDT's lil baby sister..to be frank...its not that special..a bit dissapointed because i own the edt and this is a watered down version of it..I get no almond, no vanilla ..just a sweeter orange blossom and a touch of fresh but softer floral ..but lasting power does linger but ..IS this worth even wearing or keeping if it just smells like the EDT?? DONT THINK SO..back to the store it goes...Why buy a repeated smell?!!

Juliana6

Only three notes and they create the whole, wonderful symphony.
It wasn't love from the first sniff. The opening smelled to me like a bunch of sweet, fresh lilies-of-the-valley (I guess it's the orange flower mixed with almond note), but then it slowly grew on me and became sensual, feminine, deep, rich and very, very elegant.
It's light and strong in the same time, it's long lasting in a very nice, reserved, polite way. This is the scent of waiting for the happiness, for the light, for the spring to come, and sometimes the time you pass waiting for something or someone is more exciting and more beautiful then the event or the person you are waiting for itself.

Dufteren
Dufteren

I have a sample of this and I have worn it twice now. I somehow thought this would be a love, but nope, all I get is almonds especially in the dry down. Not a bad scent, but personally I dont want to smell like almonds.

ancaan
ancaan

I have received a sample of this fragrance several days ago and of course, I sprayed myself with this one. To me, it smells very green: like fresh cut grass and lily of the valley. I love both sweet and fresh (only in summer) perfumes, but this Ellie Saab, doesnt quite fit me. But hey, you should really check it out!

prettyswag

I did a blind buy on this , since i own the edt and i love that...so by the reviews...i think this will be a love...i hope i like it...

sobachka_Zhuzha
sobachka_Zhuzha

What can I say that hasn't been said already? This is GORGEOUS. Not terribly complex but beautifully composed and well rounded. Elegant. Damp orange blossoms on a background of sweet almond, with a gentle vanilla at the base. It envelops you in a cloud of joy. Nothing green in it, contrary to the colour of the juice. Longevity and sillage are satisfactory.
It is rare that I really love a fragrance, and this is one of those special few. I will definitely be exploring the other scents in Elie Saab's line. Holding my fingers crossed that it doesn't become too popular and recognizable.
Oh and the bottle is beautiful. Love love love.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Gardenia or Frangipani - you will hate this if you hate them in scents. Very gardeny and 'natural' smelling.

Julie Billi

OMG ! I am in love with this beauty!!
A fresh white flowers garden after rain!!
No green at all! I just dont get the almond tones!!
It reminds me a lot of the intense version but in a more fresh way!

I will buy both! The intense for a night out and this one for the office!!
Elie Saab has become my best perfume house!!

UPDATE: My above review was what I got from the paper...on my skin I get the smell of cut grass for a very long time & did not like it too much....the base notes though are magnificent!

WendyMH
WendyMH

What a lovely feminine perfume. The orange blossom steals the show for the first hour - in that elegant Elie Saab way. Not as sharp as his other scents, but still wielding that translucent blade of blooming citrus.

After an hour the nuttiness appeared and with it such a creamy, almost green beauty that I had been hoping for. Ooooohhhhh. Definitely a keeper that will be featuring prominently on my wear list.

My longing for a nutty perfume has introduced me to many scents that ran the olfactory gamut from play-dough to vinyl. L'eau Couture has just ended my search.

Edit: It's been 9 hours and a Zumba class since applying. And there is the vanilla. So lush.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Considering regular eau de parfum a bit too sharp i was afraid that L'eau couture will be too green looking at the colour of the juice and the notes. Oh boy i was so wrong. It's green but not grassy green, not really fresh green nor sharp green.
It's unique. And if you wonder if it's similar to edp or edt it's not. At least not to me. This version is well rounded and even if fresher is full bodied. Very sweet but still suitable for spring. In the dry down i get some shampoo quality like scent but it still smells lovely. My best recent blind buy. Love it.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

So fresh and so lovely... I am ready to embrace Spring with this beautiful scent.

I thought there were notes, what a surprise!

Green magnificence!

emiliesolbu
emiliesolbu

I tried this one on in the store today and WOW!
I fell in love instantly. I usually go for more tropical scents, typically based on either coconut, tiare flower, fig or vanilla. And it's been a lond time since I've cared for white floral scents. But this on is SO SEXY and super fresh and clean at the same time. Nothing soapy about this one at all even though it smells very clean. The almond aren't that o vious but they make the scent creamy sexy. i lov love LOVE this! will be buying it on monday! yay!

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

To me this flanker is quite different from the original, EDT and Intense versions. This is more of a green almond scent than orange blossom. The orange blossom note is very restrained here. Still, you can recognize Elie Saab's style and elegance. A good spring-summer fragrance for almond lovers.

I just received it, and this is great! Crisp, floral. Green. And also unique with the almond note in the background..it smells in a way quite like the original, but a little greener, sweeter also..and luminous..the drydown is a bit sweet, in a fresh way, so nice!!
Great creation beautiful scent, it has good projection, it is stylish, I will wear it lots!!!
I highly recommend it!! I will add that it is in my opinion more a spring/summer scent, in the cold Canadian winter, the orange blossom gets a bit sharp.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I am a blown away guy with this scent!

Last year, I gifted my mother with a full 90ml bottle of Elie SAAB le parfum. It was the best scent in the market (and still is) considering quality and smell! When she wore it, the full house smelled like it.

Then, l'eau de toilette was introduced and then le parfum intense, but they did not surpass the original or come even close to it! For me of course!

However, L'eau couture was a nice surprise! It may be a little weaker than the original, but the projection surpass many recent perfumes labeled as EDP and the lasting power is incredible.

What francis kurkdjian is doing with Elie SAAB really shows the chemistry between the two artists. They completely understand each other and really deliver us with raw, untamed and marvelous masterpieces!

Donna Amethyst

I have bought it and recommend to all those who love sweet scents. Beautiful orange flower and marzipan, for me it´s definitely a magnificent outdoor wedding with the smell of flowers in the air and marzipan cakes on the tables on a warm spring day. A smell full of happiness and lightness. Elie Saab perfumes have some irresistibility, so that I want to buy them immediately after the first try.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Unexpected ..

This smells so natural .. jasmine is in the head mixed with powdery notes .. very good lasting power & sillage too ..

smells so classy ! and the bottle is one of my fav. bottles, I love this color..

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Grr! I'm meant to be on a slow buy!
I tried this today and after the first spray it was so lovely and fresh! Then as it moved towards the middle notes it smelt so familiar - L'Occitane Green Tea with Jasmine!
As it developed I picked up a scent like cut flower stems (similar to what I can smell in Esprit d'Oscar).
Then eventually it settles to a creamy almond scent.
Going onto my want list immediately!

Donna Amethyst

I tried this only once yet. After the first smell I thought that it will be a citrus smell, but fortunately not. This is the sweetest of all Elie Saab perfumes so far. Typical E.S. orange flower (which I love) and extremely sweet almond cream, interesting combination. I think I will buy it, I like sweet scents.

almarie
almarie

I cannot wait for this one to come to the states! I will so buy this!

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

Rarely do I look forward to a perfume coming on the market but I am longing to try this one. The notes sound lovely and just right for Spring. If it is as good as his other one then I will be in perfume heaven again.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Omg I want this SOOOO much!

KissLand
KissLand

OMG..... MY HEART JUST STOPPED,

IF ITS ANYTHING AS GOOD AS HIS FIRST, The competition better have their wigs super glued tight because he's going to scalp

But I love that he's bringing more to the white floral range besides the basic Jasmine/tuberose hype.... Orange Blossoms are so sensuous if done right

prettyswag

I don't see this being not a lasting scent ... This line and perfumer makes top quality scents..overall...can't wait:)

blueviolet
blueviolet

Super excited about this. Have the other three. Curious about the almond and nutty notes.

UPDATE
A bit disappointed after the first sniff. A bit underwhelming, just a softer version of the EDT really. They should have turned it up a bit, perhaps made the almond louder. I will sample it again, I always try to give perfumes a second chance if I'm on the fence. I do grow to love some with time, with some it's love at first sniff.

L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab 3.86 out of 5 based on 824 ratings and 155 user reviews

Sample
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture eau de toilette for women 3 oz
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'eau Couture by Elie Saab EDT Spray 3 oz Tester for Women
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'eau Couture by Elie Saab EDT Spray 3 oz Tester for Women
Eau De Toilette 3oz
Le Parfum Elie Saab L'eau Couture Perfume by Elie Saab, 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'eau Couture by Elie Saab EDT Spray 3 oz for Women
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'eau Couture by Elie Saab EDT Spray 3 oz for Women
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3oz
Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3oz
Elie Saab 'L'Eau Couture' Eau de Toilette

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elie Saab L'Eau Couture fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Elie Saab L'Eau Couture, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.