Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Le Parfum Elie Saab for women

honey
Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Videos
Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Elie Saab for women Pictures

The first fragrance from the Lebanese haute couture designer is simply called Le Parfum. After 279 trial versions, an ultra-feminine, flowery-woody composition has been selected, signed by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian. The perfume opens with notes of orange blossom. Jasmine is in the heart, including both Grandiflorum and Sambac, whereas the base consists of cedar, patchouli and rose honey accord.

The simple glass bottle of Baroque style was designed by Syvie de France. The campaign features the famous model Anja Rubik. Le Parfum is available as 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum with an accompanying collection that includes perfumed deodorant, body lotion, body cream and shower gel. Le Parfum was launched in 2011.

African Orange flower

Love Never Dies Black Jewel

Le Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Dara813
Dara813

I know this is such a beloved fragrance, but I have to be honest, I don't get what all the hype is about. To my nose, it smells like a typical white floral scent. I tried wearing it throughout the entire day and it remained linear on my skin. I didn't get honey, citrus, or patchouli...just a blast of white floral. Perhaps it has something to do with my skin chemistry. Either way, I'm so disappointed because I wanted this, received it as a gift, got so excited when I saw the box, and I was seriously let down. So many people told me I would love this, despite not being a huge fan of white florals. Well, they were wrong. Actually, jasmine is one of the few white florals I can tolerate but this is just too much. Probably one of the most boring yet headache-inducing scents I've come across in awhile unfortunately.

Donna Amethyst
Donna Amethyst

This is a rich lady at an age of 30-40 in her spacious sunny apartment with perfect white furniture, dressed in a creamy-white dress with expensive jewellery. Beautiful floral, although I´m not a typical floral-loving person. I love the orange flower in all Elie Saab perfumes. When I wear it, it scents my bed beautifully, so when I go to sleep, it´s like a bee curling up in it ´s favourite flower :-). I own the body cream and the shower cream too, I use them very often, even if I don´t spray the perfume, the scent in them is very strong and long lasting too, the same as the perfume, but maybe a bit sweeter.

ira.singhal
ira.singhal

I bought this as a blind buy reading the reviews here and the notes which seemed the sort I would love. I got it a few days ago and on sniffing the bottle, I couldn't agree more with the people here! It smelled perfect and amazing. So I just finally sprayed it today. And Uh huh! It is nice and pretty and perfect....but it is SUPER STRONG! I have mistakenly done 2 sprays, one on my clothes and one on skin. The skin spray has faded and is mild now but the clothes' one is still tenaciously holding strong after 25 mins! It is so strong that even I, someone who loves and swears by Dior Poison, is getting a slight headache! I sprayed it in one room and went and sat in another and everyone who is entering this room, is commenting, even from a distance of more than 12 feet on how strong my perfume is! And it has that slight nose-block medicine kind of note in the top notes which is not that pleasant. The notes on skin have settled into a softer combination of florals, which is quite pretty, and I am sure I will wear the perfume again. Just that I'd probably not re-purchase! Nor would I specially recommend it. It is a nice pretty floral fragrance with strong cedar. A decent buy if you are into florals, but I'd say, let the top notes fade before you step into company! Also don't buy without testing on skin!

Update: After 3 hours, the perfume has almost vanished from my skin but its still decently strong on my clothes. Not too much projection now, it sits closely on me. I feel it would last another 6-7 hours on my clothes. Its a lot nicer now. Feels quite lady-like! In fact I love it now!
Update 2: After 24 hours, it is still strong on the clothes!! Didn't get round to washing them. And I love it! It's fantastic and all you'd expect! I guess just the first blast is wayyy too strong!

pi^2
pi^2

I love the EDT, and I gave the EDP more than one try. I could get it for a very good price and I really wanted to like it, but alas, it is not for me.

It starts very similar to the EDT. Same sweet and lovely orange blossom. Then it develops, and this is when it becomes cloying to my nose. It is thick and heavy and wouldn't leave my skin. I ended up washing it off...

zumrut
zumrut

I think, I bought this last year and after a fast try, I didn't use it again. It was waiting in a box all this time. This fall I wanted to try it again just for a couple of days maybe for a week maximum.
It is just the perfume for the mood of the fall season,that I can not put it away from me, I like to smell it all the time. It's sensitive but bold,an outstanding white floral, never cloying or overly sweet, it has a distance and an expression: unreachable and unique.
I have just sprayed again , very beautiful, capturing, I wanna be in a cloud of it.

Mdox407
Mdox407

BOY DOES THIS SMELL AMAZING!!!

Bursting with orange blossom, jasmine, and honey!! Those are the notes that you are predominately drenched in when you wear this. The other notes such as patchouli definitely add to this fragrance, but they most certainly take a back seat.

This fragrance is just beautifully blended and there is not ONE thing that I can think of to say that I would change about it. It was 100% perfected before being released. It is easily worth the $80 that I paid for the biggest 100ml bottle on amazon.

It doesnt necessarily smell similar to it...but the same "aromatic" type of essence that Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely puts into the air, this has that same effect on me. This fragrance almost gives you that very relaxing feeling and sense of being that you get from putting vapo rub scented strips into a humidifier. It has that same "aromatic," "relaxing," "easy-to-take-in," feeling when you smell it. Almost as if its therapeutic. It's hard to describe. But this fragrance, and Lovely both give me that same feeling when I sniff it, whether that be from the air or off my skin.

AMAZING!!

Longevity - 8 hours
Projection - Several feet. Id say this fragrance can fill half a room. Project 7-9 feet.
AN EASYYYY 10/10, and I don't give 10 out of 10s very often. This is perfection! Honey & White flower heaven!

TRY IT!!!

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

A curvaceous honeyed jasmine with orange blossom accessories. Ultra feminine, classy, sweet, and thanks to the patchouli, also quite warm. This Stays on skin, hair, clothes, and anything it can get it's clingy white petals on and continuous to blossom the whole day so be mindful how much you spray. Gorgeous fragrance.!

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Oh my goodness. A white floral that doesn't leave me reeling.

This starts of with the rather dramatic solo entrance of orange blossom. Nothing loud and distasteful, but you can't miss her. Then slowly but confidently, honey makes her way from stage right as Jasmine enters from stage left. Somewhere behind the curtain, stagehands cedar and patchouli are pulling the strings. And rose... I don't know where she is. I haven't seen her.

The first 20 minutes of the show are fantastic, then after that the story starts to sounds a little too familiar. I've smelled white florals like this before. But things turn back around in the third act when honey saves the day.

This is a well-done, tasteful white floral. It's the kind of white floral that might not disturb your anti-perfume friends. Very feminine. Very bright.

polkadot27
polkadot27

This is a lovely fragrance & I have finally discovered the name. I often smell this when out shopping etc on other people who pass me by, but only today have I identified it as this scent. I am shocked to find out it contains honey as I usually hate honey scents yet I love this. I don't know maybe its because it is not thick heady honey. It is caramelized honey that is balanced out and wrapped up with white fresh crisp florals. It is rather luxurious smelling, the sillage is great as it's always one of those scents I easily pick up when people pass me wearing it. The African orange flower and jasmine make it such a classy charming scent. Then their is an ever so slight pinch of patchouli underneath, that adds that little bit of spice that warms you inside. The cedar is also prominent and helps keep this fragrance fresh and clean feeling. It smells expensive and it reminds me of spring. It is blended lovely but is also zesty and zingy.
I imagine women who like blazers and handbags-who style the tailored look with a little bit of shabby chic wearing this scent. It is classy and charming and formal, yet on the other hand; springy and playful and casual.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

This makes me think of a very classy lady who has a bit of a slutty side. The orange flower start makes me feel so luxurious and I just want to keep inhaling infinitely. Then comes in something very sweet, like heliotrope honey that gives an edge and sexiness to the perfume which is just on the edge of being too much for me. Fortunately it subsides leaving the orange blossom to bask in its magnificent glory the rest of the day.

Sillage and longevity are impressive. This is definitely an evening scent, I imagine it would be perfect for an elegant dinner with a well dressed man, followed by a visit at the night club to dance the night away. I feel it is too much and too luxurious for everyday use. Such a beautiful perfume!

SamanthaRenee
SamanthaRenee

I just adore this. I first got a whiff of it while thumbing through a magazine. And the magazine seldom lets the real fragrance share its true essence. So, I took note and decided to find a sample for myself. I'm so glad I did. This may be sweet and thick with honey for some but I find it very pleasant, classy and elegant. The orange blossom is so delicious! I'm not in my 20's anymore but I think I would have loved it back then as well. It has that pretty and innocent vibe similar to that of EL's "Beautiful". It's a keeper for me. I see this becoming a classic one day.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Orange blossoms, fresh honey, buoyed up by a sweet/woody patchouli. Great scent for any time in spring or summer, warm and sparkling. Lasts well. Scent has a very classic feel to it, timeless and beautiful.

iggypop
iggypop

This scent evokes thoughts of travel to warm, exotic places like the Orient or Morocco, which is why it's best worn in the summer.
There's something about the heat and humidity that bring out the best in this perfume. The orange blossoms and jasmine, which smell too sharp and a bit synthetic in cooler weather, are warm and inviting in the heat, sinking right into your skin, becoming part of your scent, luxurious yet effortless.
If you live in warm climates, get this perfume. If you don't, move to a warmer climate, then get this.

LouPerry
LouPerry

Ugh! I SHOULD like this fragrance...
On paper it's pretty much perfect; White floral, Patchouli, Citrus accords + all those notes!
And it does have amazing longevity and silage!

Unfortunately I don't like this fragrance. It smells old fashioned, and quite generic to me.
...I feel like I can't describe this very well.
Personally I think this would suit a professional in there thirty's -someone classy and outgoing.
I just find this a little offensive to my nose, and my partner thought the same.

I shall give this one last try ...just in case!

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

this is very pretty. i'm not the target audience for this perfume and it is still bewitching in it's own right. this makes me wish i hadn't killed myself wearing white florals, had i not overdone it several years back this would absolutely be in my fragrance wardrobe. the sample i was given of the EDP formula has me curious about trying this genre again. sprayed on card is my only experience of this, which of course doesn't count for a complete review. having said that, it smells so gorgeous on the card it's difficult not to come here and give it the credit it deserves. i am getting loads of jasmine and honey from this paper, as well as orange blossom? it says in the notes that it also contains cedar and patchouli, two notes i love, though i'm sure you probably have to actually *wear it* to get those notes to come through. i'm warming up to the idea of trying this on...

never did i imagine i'd be tempted to come back to the world of white florals so well done Elie Saab - you may just break me.

Rebemario
Rebemario

Feeling like I needed a pick me up today and went to the perfumery. On a whim purchased Eli Saab. I was surprised at the sweetness, not a big fan of sweet, something I did a lot in my 20's. I was also surprised at how well this sweet fragrance is made. It is honeyed but not boring, I am very happy with this purchase. Edit: I must have been depressed or something viewing what I wrote. I could not get the smell of honey out of my nose which ruined all products from Burts Bees for me. :( I returned it, it is pretty but not for me, I would have worn it in my 20's, its pretty sexy

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

The bottle is no joke, so is the fragrance.

Elie Saab, Le Parfum is a powerful yet soft woman's fragrance that truly captivates the senses.

Well, that's what it did to me at the perfumery at Nordstrom when I first tried it on my wrist ! I couldn't seem to stop smelling my wrist all day after that.

Elie Saab Le Parfum is warm, sweet-is floral appeal which makes you think "hmmmm...have I smelled this before?" but you actually haven't. You just like how it smells, hence you keep wanting to sniff it.

Not for younger girls...sorry, sweetheart. I would wait until you can actually afford it (and pay your bills all together !).

Anyway, I will not consider this perfume something to wear on a daily basis. This is a classy fragrance, something for a more executive appeal or a business outing, outdoor dining or concert, quiet dinner sort of thing.

Definitely not something to wear to your doctor's appointment, perhaps?

It's quite strong at first...and it is quite long-lasting.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

Refined. Classy. Captivating. A male friend reached out to embrace me and then whispered in my ear, "MMM your fragrance is intoxicating." Need I say more?

CCalex
CCalex

I love this fragrance, there's a deep sensual quality and yet it also shows a softer side. It's almost magical how this fragrance can put me in such a good mood! I also love the l'eau couture version!

pixiecup
pixiecup

Brace yourself for thck honey and fruit after a more fresh opening. It's OK but nothing amazing for me. Too sweet and girly. Very much like Revlon Flair!

Juliana6
Juliana6

Realistic orange blossoms filled with rich, aromatic, thick honey drops during the day.
The morning (the opening)- fresh, dewy orange flowers with rising sun light coming through their petals and jasmine scented wind dancing around them.
The day (the heart notes) - the scent gets warmer, "thicker", sunnier, golden because of the honey and that earthy amber notes (they both are sophisticated, realistic and beautiful). On my skin this stage is quite long which I enjoy.
The evening (the base) - the sun is slowly setting, the surrounding is covered with this special, golden sunset light, the shadows begin their mysterious dances and the reflections in the sky make me dream about an another world behind the clouds. The scent is changing -it becomes sensual, "deeper", mysterious. Orange blossoms, honey and amber are still there, but they are made intimate by those evening shadows. On me the perfume turns aromatic and woody.
The night (the drydown) - creates all kinds of naughty fantasies and wishes. The night rose is blooming, shy but convincing, sensual and desiring. The wood notes and a light, subtle patchouli make the composition finished, well rounded and perfect.
Great sillage and lasting power (on me about 7-8 hours). And the bottle - a wonderful decoration on my dressing table. Love the clear edges cutting the sunlight.

LouisedeParis
LouisedeParis

This "Parfum" was a great surprise for me.

The honey note is a beautiful frame, it is like embracing the white flowers, and the light patchouli in the drydown is a delight. The scent is very well balanced and natural smelling. Never too sweet.

Soft, sunny, lovely and cheerful, with good staying power.

I see a Monet painting behind this Elie Saab.

Gorgeous.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Le Parfum opens with a cheerful burst of florals, slowly settling through the air onto a pool of raw honey. The tartness of the orange blossom mingles with the sweetness of the honey to create a bright song mellowed down by a deeper, darker base. There is definitely patchouli at the bottom of everything else, but it's toned down until it almost gives off a hint of gingerbread. This is a lovely scent that embodies femininity without any effort. The woman who wears this is confident and strong, but also beautiful and delicate when she wants to be. It's fun and flirty but can still be grown-up and composed. The first time I tested this I was relatively unimpressed; I can't imagine what went wrong other than that I might have tested too many perfumes that night. When given time to bloom on the skin, this is elegant and gorgeous. I've moved it up to its rightful spot in my "love" list and will be trying to get a bottle of my own! I understand why so many women choose this to be their wedding day scent.

venclips
venclips

Today I tried in the store perfume: Lancome tresorinlove, valentinabyvalentino, chloeedp and eliesaableparfumedp. My choice fell on eliesaableparfumedp. It's a fresh fragrance, elegant, clean, slightly green, and graceful. Silage and staying power are great. Spraying on my hand at 12pm then I wash my hand two times oh no maybe three times but it's still there. It's gone after I take a bath at 8pm. No wonder many users who voted for love on this perfume. I think is suitable for women above 20.
This is a floral perfume. I can smell the jasmine blend with African orange flower beautifully. I can't detect honey and patchouli but a bit green and sharp or maybe from cedar? No sweet at all on my skin but I really like the top, middle until its base notes. It's a masterpiece! I ended up buying full bottle. It's worth the money buying a quality perfume like this. The bottle is pretty too. Love it!

Lily2911

Second review : i got the occasion to really test it on my skin, i got this from a swap and i have to admit, it develops much better on my skin than on the blotter when i reviewed it on the first time. Apparantly, my skin just loves orange blossom : i get a soft warm floral honey sprinkled skin scent. Strange enough, it is not that cloying sweet aroma i got on the first review. It is a well rounded, crowd pleasing perfume, maybe not extremely unique but well done. Not a dislike, more a like but i don't think this will become a big love but i really re-discovered it in a good way and i wear it now with pleasure. !

nuzzzzie
nuzzzzie

Really loved this perfume when I first had a sniff. It was quite heavy, but the orange floral layer lightened it up.

I tried this on for the whole day before I decided to buy and I'm glad I did - by the end of the day the scent had actually developed into a floral granny smell on me, which is a shame as I loved the rich floral smell that it started with.

Lasted a very long time though! The next day I could still faintly smell it on my clothing.

Centsless
Centsless

Conversely, I tried (and bought) the EDT of Le Parfum first, before ever smelling the EDP. They aren't vastly different, but the EDP is heavier, more honeyed. This one would be a bit heavy for me to wear regularly. The EDT has more air and just enough citrus to allow the white florals to actually breathe, so it's much easier to wear on a regular basis, feels more casual and easy breezy which is my style. Both beautiful masterpieces!

julieekerr
julieekerr

beautiful feminine perfume. if you like rich sweet floral balanced with patcholi base you are in for a treat. i prefer the intense and wear l'eau couture in the summer. Love the whole range

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Hmmm... What can I say? I can smell all of the things that are in the notes, yes. There is is jasmine, there is honeysuckle, there is neroli. The thing is, I am used to natural smell of this components, like essential oils. And in this composition they all smell awfully...chemical! I was suprised, because it has such good reviews. But all I can smell here is syntetic jasmine, honesuckle, orange blossom and honey. That kind of smell that you get in non-natural cosmetics, body and hair products. So if your nose is used to natural scents - I don't recommend it. (Same thing for l'eau couture. Eau de toilette smells most natural from the line)
But if you don't mind it, It's great unoffensive perfume.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

It's heaven in a bottle, a simple composition that matches very good and gives a tender elegant perfume, i wanna use it for my wedding ;D can't wait to have it.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

The brash african orange flower-jasmine combination reminds me of Lady Million, another white floral with almost identical ingredients. I have a feeling the patchouli was added to distinguish it a bit from grandma's floral. I don't know why but I imagine Victoria Gotti wearing this. A floral that wants to be classy but it's no Black Orchid.

As a white floral fan, I am disappointed. Not in the leagues of Michael Kors Michael or Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia but it almost smells like a watered down version of either.

Elviel
Elviel

Soft sillage; low longevity; low projection; soft scent.

Honeyed orange flower and jasmine with a sweetness that brings to mind vanilla (but not obviously so).

Very pretty but after the initial rush it soon drys down (about 1 hour) to a faint powdery musky skin scent with maybe a touch of rose and caramel.

It does remind me of cups of jasmine tea sweetened with lots of honey and a dash of lemon

Carded sample November 2013.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Well...what can I say?
The opening is a burst of orange blossom.
Then it melts with some honey and - OMG - ripe grapes?
For my humble nose, it is in the middle of Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea by Gerlain and Daliflor, by Salvador Dali.
As I have both of them, I don't need to buy this one.
I have two decants, though (one EDP and one EDT), so I use them until the end and that's it!

Lily2911

I agree with Musky : to me this is just the most boring, weak orange blossom water scent. I love orange blossom but not this over rated perfume. It smells the same as my orange flower aroma bottle i buy for adding in my food. I don't get all that hype for such expensive and ordinary perfume, there are much better quality perfumes on the market which interprete much better the orange blossom theme. But that is nowadays the power of perfume industry : popularity is not always a " logical" event and luckily there is enough on the market to please multiple different perfumista's :- )

Musky4
Musky4

I really dislike this perfume. There's nothing unique or even interesting about it in my opinion. I have a sample, which I've tried several times now, and each time I wear it I get a sensation as though my teeth are on edge - the kind of feeling you get when fingernails are scratched down a chalkboard. I just had to wash it off as I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm sure this fragrance probably suits some people, but it most definitely isn't for me.

GMK
GMK

Bought it blind for my Wife After reading too much praise every where for a surprise but it surprised me instead.....cant really detect the notes mentioned and a weak composition and ordinary.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Gosh, I really am disappointed... not in this fragrance, which I can tell is perfectly well-made, but in my silly skin for throwing it all off. Here's how it went down: a squirt, a gentle fanning, and then a moment before first whiff. I closed my eyes, sniffed, and immediately heard "I-iii got a brand new pair of rollersketes, you gota brand new keeey..." For real. No provocation, other than the whiff of Elie Saab. And, then, the word "California". And, then, a full-on visual of Rollergirl from Boogie Nights... pigtails, athletic socks and all. This can't be because I think this fragrance smells anything like anything that happened in the 70's/early 80's, so it must be that Rollergirl is the personification of Elie Saab's fragrance, to me. It is sunny, and juicy, and beachy, and all-grown-up and glamorous while remaining naive and a little lost. I am in love with the idea of smelling like that, but... sigh... the actuality is that this one, on me, turns right into Avon Wild Country men's after-bath powder. I have a vivid chilhood memory of Grandpa promising me and my cousins "foo-foo powder" if we were good, and that's what it was. This is a fond association, of course, but not one that makes me want to plunk down $50 for the full bottle. And I was certain this would be my spring/summer go-to. Dang it.

umma toga
umma toga

Oh my! This is the most beautiful floral fragrance in my opinion. Jasmine, rose, orangeblossom and honey all come together so perfectly blended. It is so delicious, creamyand intoxicating.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

We fell out of love..... I use to adore this one but now, it seem to be heavy to me. Le Parfum is and will forever be a beautiful scent to me, I'm close to the completion of my first bottle... I still care for this masterpiece but only in 30ml form lol. Maybe I will fall in love again to purchase the 100ml once more.. Maybe it's the season, but lighter scents are starting to capture me at the moment.... And I seem to love caramel scents now

Alitza
Alitza

I went to Arizona in the beginning of March for a short vacation. We arrived at night and the windows were open in the car on the way to the hotel. The beautiful cool breeze was blowing in and I smelled something intoxicating. I asked our host what I was smelling and she said the orange blossoms were just blooming. I came here and looked here for a perfume that smelled like orange blossoms, found Elie Saab and ordered a sample. ES smells EXACTLY the same as that sweet night air. I cannot detect any other notes whatsoever from beginning to end, but thats just fine. Its a warm, sweet, creamy scent that stays close to the skin. I believe it is ageless and can be worn day or night, any season except perhaps very hot summer days.Silage is minimal as is longevity.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Received a sample of this from a kind fellow Fragrantican. It is lovely, but I own "Love Never Dies Black Jewel" and find it almost the same in essence. Very pretty bottle, though. Must say I'll stick with Black Jewel, as the price difference just doesn't warrant buying this to me. But it is very feminine, floral and has a nice touch of real smelling honey.

Cielo163
Cielo163

If Elie Saab is a woman, she would be the queen of beauty!!!!

This perfume is just gorgeous, glamorous, modern and classic at the same time. She was overwhelming at first, but when you get to know her, she turns into a lovely, chic, confident, bold and sophisticated beauty that captivate your heart.

This fragrance is so beautiful that I only use it for special events, when I want to dress in gown looking all refined and gorgeous. Not a everyday scent since it would be an offense to this beauty queen.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

I am totally in love with this. Every time I spray it and smell myself all I can think is "DAMN, it smells good"! LOVE it. One of those OMG smells, in a good way.

nadiadncr
nadiadncr

Im surprised Welch's grape juice is not listed as one of the ingredients;-) If NR for her and SJP lovely had a baby le perfume would be it. Not bad but not my kind of thing. Longevity 3-4 hours.

nikoleta1

To me this opulent rosy, floral with strong musk presence, very classy and extremely lasting. Highly recommended for mature lovers of complex perfumes.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

This is a delicate, creamy, white flowers, gentle and chic perfume!
I am in love! I am obsessed actually!
It will be my new signature perfume for spring and summer this year as I will buy it with the body shower, cream and deodorant to give it more power!
I bought the intense version for the rest of the Greek winter!

So floral pure! Today I tried EdP again from tester. I wrote before about EdP as slightly musty and too drenched in honey. Honey is a note I like but a difficult one on my skin.
I went for the EdT last summer and it was a good choice, still powerful and meaningful, no watered down and too narrowed note list compared to regular edP (I'm talking to you Guerlain), fresh enough but surely not a faint wall flower. Honey is tamed in EdT. still you need to like orange blossom to the bit because all these Elie Saab have a strong note or orange blossom and some people feel disturbed (my mother and her Whole family smell bleach where you have orange blossom...)
I wanted to try the EdP again and I was so pleased with it since the opening. Yes, there is that musty-honey stage, but I let the perfume develop on my skin and it's still steaming after 5 hours on my wrist with... soap! yeah, unfortunately too soapy in the end. Not a bad thing here, because it smells like a musky soap, very nice, but soap?? No strong patchouli and no cedarwood (aww!). I still like it a lot, but I miss a good creamy wood.
It seems that at the end the grand Elie Saab belong to the modern era with no real stuff fixative, even if it is a beautiful scent.

rosembloom
rosembloom

To those who love these notes, a similar perfume exudes the radiant warmth of Elie... I suggest trying ' So Elixir' by Yves Rocher for a not quite dupe but it is still less expensive yet smells of riches. I too find that 'La Perla ' note in this. Black Jewel is a must try for lovers of Elie Saab. Great when you want to smell the same yet not wear your precioussssss to smithereens ;)

SamTheRiddler
SamTheRiddler

This is such a deviation from my usual prefrence to woody, warm, spicy fragrances, but it is such a beautiful perfume, I can't help but love it.

Amongst other things (season, weather, occasion etc), I tend to match my perfumes to my outfits. And Elie Saab is what I wear when I'm in something all white and floaty, and aiming to look like an ethereal variation on Arwen Undómiel.

It is a pure, classy, simple white floral, which I think is rather timeless. I can smell the jasmine and blossom throughout the duration of the scent, and the cedar only starts to come out after a couple of hours of wear. And it's not too sweet on me (thank-goodness for that). As I would expect from Elie, the bottle is beautiful too. I love wearing it, it makes me want to go and lie in a meadow and listen to Chopin and drink elderberry tea.

And unfortunately, it's the closest thing to Elie-Saab-anything that I will ever be able to afford.

YogaRose
YogaRose

This scent is heavenly and pleasant. Sillage and longevity is strong for such an endearing, soft fragrance. It also hits close to home as the initial smells like driving down Shary orchards in Mission, Texas on a fresh, sunny climate when the orange and grapefruit orchards are in bloom. Natural, chic, and classic.
edit; At the dry down, a creamy jasmine is the more noticeable note.
I only feel comfortable wearing this Sunday mornings. I ordered it a day before my dad passed away (which I didn't expect, so personally this scent became a lovely but bittersweet one.)

lushnight
lushnight

When I first put this on, it smelled EXACTLY like grape juice. Or grape jelly. This was further reinforced when my 5 year old smelled it and said "Please mommy can I wear some of that perfume? It smells like Nerds!" That's right, the candy.

With that said, with just a small "refocusing" of my nose, I get the notes that are listed here, especially the orange blossom and the honey with a little rose/jasmine loveliness. It's actually quite nice.

This reminds me of the optical illusion pictures we are all introduced to in grade school, like the one where it's a vase if you look one way but with a slight adjustment in perspective it's two faces. I promise, if you think of concord grapes while you sniff this, you will see what I mean.

And even after all that, I think I'm still going to get a small bottle :)

Hellita
Hellita

I'll describe Elie Saab EdP with one word: YUM!

ncntrnlwlf
ncntrnlwlf

Sweet jasmine, orange blossom and rose...it's very feminine and romantic, but unfortunately the jasmine is too much for me. Pretty "light" and would be good for spring or summer.

deviation
deviation

This one is the mother of all the jasmine perfumes. Strong and headache inducing for me; smells only of jasmine and sweetness overload.

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

Oh, darn. I hope I don't get billy-clubbed for saying this. I like it. It has QUALITY, lacking in a lot of mainstream perfumes. I think it belongs to a sisterhood of perfumes like Chanel's Allure, Tocca's Stella, and Michael Kors' Michael, but a much,much, more cleaner and refined aroma.

IMO, it is more reminiscent of Chanel's Allure. Subtract that chanel signature base, give her a shower with an earthy-honey based shower gel, and a face-lift.....Voila!!!

Rawannnna

The nose behind this fragrance is a real perfume master. and Elie Saab is suppose to be a top designer. I wonder what went wrong? maybe Elie Saab wanted to get the max money for the min quality, and this is why this is why this perfume is such a mess.

The jasmine is loud, cold and very synthetic, a bit like alien of TM, non-friendly sharp notes. the perfume is almost lineal, it doesn change and stays the same.

nevo
nevo

that is a safe fragrance you can buy for your beloved ones it is beautiful and classy can be wore everyday

jujuba4596
jujuba4596

This bottle is magnificent.
It just matches the fragrance:
they are both classic, sharp and modern at the same time.
I'm definitely in love.

crystaljasminnoir
crystaljasminnoir

Absolutely gorgeous!

From the second you spray, it is powerful and hits you with honey and orange flower. It then mellows down, and this is when its true beauty is revealed...A beautiful soft and warm, honeyed jasmine which stays laced in delicate orange flower with just the right amount of sweetness.

This is mature yet modern and positively radiant! Can be worn as a nightime fragrance as well as daytime but best suited to summer evenings, as the sun is setting :)
I feel beautiful and so feminine when I wear this!

Longevity and sillage for me are both amazing, both 9/10!

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

I want this perfume sooo badly and i think that i will buy it soon,when i first smelled it i thought that honey rose and patciouli where very prominent and i love this notes a lot!

MissRalux
MissRalux

Love this perfume who has now became my signature scent. Very sexy but feminine and playful (not the strong, dominatrix type)Patchouli and honey - rose are my favorite ingredients and luckly they are quite emphasised here.

almarie
almarie

I adore this scent! Cannot wait for the new one to some about!

AlexLouise1991
AlexLouise1991

my all time favourite fragrance! this is something i can see myself wearing for years to come. it begins as a tangy orange but dries down to smooth honey on my skin, and lasts all day and evening. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Magnificent perfume, very modern, extra long lasting. It makes you feel elegant and sexy and I could say suitable for all seasons and occasions. The orange blossom is very aromatic and this perfume evolves nicely in your skin. Reminds me a lot of Dita von Teese perfume. I was really glad with my choice. Nice bottle too!!!

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

Ultra feminine regal scent, something I would only wear for a spring or summer evening all glammed up. Gorgeous, sweet, classic floral, rich and self confident.

heybabette
heybabette

reviewing the edt -

this is the one. a fresh aroma, opening of orange blossom and honey, with a heart of rose and the honey that lingers, and then finally back to orange blossom, drying down to a creamy sort of wood.

the orange blossom and honey are frighteningly accurate, i can't stop sniffing my wrist!

have not tried the edp but the edt is heavenly, and it is my favourite perfume purchase to date.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

The fragrance is very modern and feminine, with the dominating note of orange blossom, perfect for an elegant, young lady who is both delicate and self-confident. I think it would work well for office as well as for a garden party or a romantic walk in the park.

linxinpei
linxinpei

Going by the reviews, I expected something sweet yet sensual. Unfortunately, on the tester strip, this bore an unfortunate resemblence to wood varnish. My friend agreed with my assessment.

Perhaps I should give this another chance.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Ethereal white flowers with some white honey and a creamy woody base. I honestly can't find the patchouli in this and I love patchouli, so those who are anti-patch should be able to enjoy this. If I didn't know that Francis Kurkdjian was the nose behind this, I would still put him as a choice on blind testing this perfume. His trademark white flowers on a cedar base are pretty much unmistakable and a foolproof formula. Plus this airy-fairy scent goes so well with the dreamy dresses conjured up by Elie Saab (at least in my mind, it would be a different lifetime before I have an occasion to wear an Elie Saab gown). sillage is polite, about an arm's length and longevity is good, over 8 hours on clothes but by then it is a discreet skin scent. A safe blind buy and a safe gift. Nothing groundbreaking but a well-crafted scent nonetheless.

Quirk
Quirk

I love this perfume, very strong orange flower at first, but settles into an elegant feminine scent on my skin. It doesn't last as long as I'd like,3 -4 hours perhaps, but I keep the purse bottle with me, so I can renew. Its base notes are different from any other perfume i've had, maybe honey?

bellamson
bellamson

I don't like it initially. I advise anyone who sprays a tester to not go straight at it with your nose, but put a very little bit on, wait and then smell without getting your nose directly on the fragrance. Let it settle a bit. If you sniff in too much it knocks your sense of smell out. so all you are left being able to smell is a sharp smell that reminds me of funeral home mixed with hint of fly killer spray. I suspect that its long lasting durability depends on something that also knocks out a lot of the sense of smell. however…
leave it on, and after about an hour (when you've recovered) its just really beautiful on your skin. its floral, well constructed, expensive and smooth. its just beautiful. after I had it on an hour I ordered two more bottles, but then I sprayed it again and was put off by that initial smell sense knock out effect and disliked it intensely

Another positive. It lasts a very long time. I even noted that I could still smell where I had sprayed it on my hand after I ran water on them and still got a hint of it after bathing.
Probably, I would say this perfume should be a dabber, not sprayed.

finally, maybe of some interest. I tried some versace desire on one arm and this on my other. versace won out at the beginning but smelled sourish after a couple of hours, whereas this perfume was not good at the outset but settled beautifully, and smelled wonderful after 1-2 hours and for many hours after.

Serafit
Serafit

Today I tryed tester of this fragrance. Very, very amazing, like this dress, on the poster. It's perfect for spring adn early summer, I plan buy this for sping <3

ecerusen
ecerusen

actually it grows different on different style of woman. my personality and style dont fit with it but i'm sure it will go together with a chic, blonde, trendy girl.

serchina
serchina

Basically sweet sweet honey and orange blossom covered jasmine. Superb longevity and projection.
Not what I love typically, but I have to admit that this is one of the winners among the many orange blossom-centred perfumes on the market. Extremely elegant and feminine!

Piempin
Piempin

Im falling in love wit This fragrance.thanks Elie saab

Femigirl
Femigirl

TOO sweet, in a bad way. I was scared I'd get attacked by a swarm of bees!

ageletou
ageletou

I bought it from London two years ago. When I first smelled it, I fell in love with it. I felt that I had found the perfect perfume and I bought myself the 90ml bottle, regardless the price, and thinking that, this 90ml "beauty" will last me for ages.......The duration / the silage the very First days I wore it in London, was massive....I was really quite happy with my purchase / discovery. Unfortunately, this changed very soon......When I returned back home in GREECE, every time that I was using it, I had an enormous headache and I could not stand it. I could not believe my bad luck, that my chemistry or my initial instinct had changed and I could not tolerate it any more...As a result, I stopped using it, and an almost full bottle of perfume remains on the shelf until now...Wasted money.......One of the reasons that I think has to do with my "allergy" is because it contains patchouli, a note that gives me nausea every time I smell it in a perfume....Furthermore, since then, I stopped buying big bottles of perfumes in order to prevent myself from equivalent cases like that....

This is a sweet, warm, sparkling womanly perfume. It starts out quite strong but fades into beautiful rose and jasmine notes mixed with patchouli. I can even sense the honey note so the notes are easily recognizable and that makes the perfume so rich. It reminds me of some other rosy jasmine scent but I can't really say which one right now.
This perfume is glamorous and luxurious.

muneerah
muneerah

I feel like a real feminin lady when wearing Elie Saab..good job..

clairele
clairele

This is one floral perfume that I can stand.
It starts out sharp and I first thought it was going to give me a headache, but it actually settles down to reveal a strong honey note after an hour or so. Less sharp and more complex now. That honey is of the cleaner variety to me, it brings warmth to the perfume and blends wonderfully well with the flowers and the patchouli. The rose has been shy on me and came out after only about an hour and a half. Later on I would get a subtle whiff of rose from time to time.
To me, this is an elegant, romantic scent and I would very much like to add it to my collection one day.

Nursie
Nursie

Such a beautiful fragrance but sadly it lasted around 30 mins on me. I will have go give Intense a go.

shushkin
shushkin

Just bought this heavenly perfume. Its lovely. I cant stop sniffing my wrist! Lovely all the way through. For me the base note is critical to being a winner for me. This is so warm and feminine. I have a large collection of perfumes and this is my new no 1.

ledavis727
ledavis727

A beautiful, inviting fragrance! It smells like bees have been collecting pollen from orange blossom and jasmine flowers and turned it into honey which was then captured in this beautiful bottle. It's a rich, warm, sweetly sensual smell that makes me think of elegance and femininity. A very romantic smell. I wore this on a date and just *felt* more beautiful and confident. I would think this would be a perfect wedding scent for a more formal wedding. Class in a bottle. Lasts a long time on me, upwards of 5 hours.

caroldix
caroldix

This fragrance is very good, inoffensive and sophisticated. I can imagine a woman using it in her wedding. Loved it!

jessbug
jessbug

Elie Saab Le Parfum just comes across as so classy and elegant that I often feel too 'common' to wear it. That's not a bad thing; I love having special perfumes for special occassions!
I wear Elie Saab when I want to feel professional and intelligent, yet also sweet and attentive. It works with dresses and blazers and heels. It feels out of place with sweatshirts and yoga pants and sneakers.

The scent is soft and beautiful, like a thinly woven, cream-colored cashmir scarf. The florals are very 'white', but not the least bit indolic. The honey that supports these flowers is not smoky and aged, but sweet and see-through. I'm always wary of honey notes in perfume, because they are often very noticeable and almost never quite right, but Elie Saab's honey is lovely.
The, by now basically iconic, Kurkdjian musk is clearly recognizable in this perfume, and is what makes this scent worth owning, IMO. I love that dirty clean sexy musk!

This one is definitely worth a few test drives. I'm very happy with the bottle I was given!

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

Beautiful powdery floral smell. It is silky, smooth and warm. I like to wear it on colder days.

gabriel.villa
gabriel.villa

Elie Saab Le Parfum is, certainly, an ode to light, to femininity and to the most luxury way for a woman to wear. She could wear a dress from his Lebanese Haute Couture world or she could wear his fragrance. She will be divine, anyways.

Elie Saab Le Parfum, and I'm talking about this EDP because I don't know the others so well yet, is just marvelous. It's a modern composition to modern women with a touch of that classic luxury of the past, and which was born to be a classic in the future.

It's a woody solar floral, like the brand classifies it, and it suits perfectly classy and sophisticated women. It's an expensive perfume, for sure, made with the best ingredients, or the best smelling ingredients, of course. It's something to love, come on!

The fragrance is all about orange blossom. If you like that flower, if you like orange blossom incenses, if you like that calming vibe, then you will probably like Le Parfum. Its begins with orange blossom, it's got orange blossom in its middle and it finishes with orangle blossom. Orange blossom never fades! It's always there! Another note that never goes away is the Honey Rose. I think it's a different kind of rose, that smells pretty much like honey, and yes, it smells like honey. And like rose. There's a hint of jasmine, which is delicious, but I think the orange blossom and the Honey Rose are stronger here. And there's a duo, also really strong. Cedar and patchouli are always there too. It's amazing! It's a not a really complex perfume, all the notes are there, all the time, I just smell one and another. But it's simply beautiful.

And the perfume lasts forever! Excelent longevity, excelent projection, but it doesn't project so far, which is really nice in this perfume, because it stays all the time around you, your space, your smell... but in a strong way! I smell myself, people smell my perfume when they come closer to me, it's really potent, but it's not crazy and insane and in your face, no. It's a polite perfume, it's elegant, it invites people to be closer to you, I really don't think Elie Saab is a perfume to offend people...

Women in this comunity and in all the world, please get to know Elie Saab! You'll smell wonderfully, I'm telling you. A woman wearing Elie Saab could be unforgettable. Trust me, men will be crazy. If he's not, I think he doesn't have a good taste, LOL.

I definitely need to know the others... where is my money?

goldiloks
goldiloks

Am I mad to think this is in a similar camp to Lacoste pour Femme? In terms of sweet softness and elegance. They both envelope and draw you in. Perhaps my nose is playing tricks on me!

hawkinsk3
hawkinsk3

I'm surprised that this fragrance doesn't have musk listed in the notes. In the drydown, it wears very similar to Modern Muse and Narciso Rodriguez.

First notes are truly beautiful. I feel like being in the middle of orange garden in spring. Then fragrance turns into very moderate one, better for work than for a party, actually.
All in all, if you want perfect early spring fragrance, that's it!

Update: I've tested it again and I must confirm that my taste changed over the last 2 years. Now this fragrance is too honey sweet and too heavy for me.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I tried this out today for the first time and I am in perfume heaven. It is so beautiful. The notes blend so well together and I can smell the honey peeping behind the flowers. I am going to gift myself the biggest bottle that I can afford. I think that I may just have found `The One`.

Kaylan
Kaylan

I spritz this perfume on before I go to sleep and pretend I'm in Rivendell because this is what I imagine it to smell like. Although I don't recall Rivendell having flowers, but whatever.
Too straight up floral for me to make my signature scent but it's definitely lovely! I picture a bride wearing it.

lovetribe
lovetribe

the best woman fragrance.

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

Can a fragrance be simultaneously maddening and intoxicating?

Much like the person this reminds me of, this is. INFURIATING and yet so inescapably addictive.

I find each of the notes so powerful that they seem to me to be clamouring for attention, but I love the chaos. I cannot stop smelling my wrist when I wear this. I catch a whiff of the honey, then a whiff of jasmine, then rose, then PATCHOULI, and back to honey... it's like a hide-and-seek of notes. It's no wonder he simply named it Le Parfum. What else would you name such a mishmash? I mean, honey and fresh flowers??? REALLY??? But it works! It works so well!

I imagine Francis Kurkdjian just pouring obscene amounts of everything into a cauldron, mad-scientist style.
But there is a method to his madness, apparently. This is a drug.

This was given to me generously by a friend... and I am eternally grateful.

aliora
aliora

Smells like skittles.

I'm not kidding. That's exactly what it smells like to me on first impression. It's so syrupy sweet to me in the beginning, and I wouldn't have thought of anything floral. Once it starts to drydown, I begin to get the honeyed orange blossoms, but it's still just a pitch too high for my liking, and far too candied for my taste.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

In a single word... elegant.
A very classy, feminine scent, strong with orange flower and rose, sweetened with honey... with little hints of patchouli and wood to balance it out. Great sillage but at the same time inoffensive, it is a must-try for women everywhere.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I received a large decant of this in a swap, I'd never heard of it before and had no idea it was such a popular perfume. So I had no idea what to expect.

Well, I love it--it's a woody white floral, sweetened with honey, it is very, very linear. The orange flower/jasmine combo is clean and smooth (chemistry may vary, but I don't find the flowers here indolic at all.) It seems to me like all the notes are working together in harmony, the honey sweetened flowers over a cedar/woody undercurrent, during the entire wear of the perfume, except for the far dry down which is a non descript wood musk.

This isn't full of roses or patchouli on my skin at all.

Elie Saab reminds me very much of 2 other white florals, 24 Faubourg EDP and Alien EDT. Even typing these perfumes in the same sentence seems crazy but it's true.

Very good longevity if some of the perfume is caught on your clothes, medium silage, perfectly gorgeous.

lat
lat

Frankly, this one gives out the same vibe for me as Alien Sunessence does (not the amber version though), which for me is a good thing. I like my jasmine in almost everything, even when it's dry as wood, it's still one of my favourite scents.

This one is very strong on patchouli which generally speaking doesn't agree with me at all. I found that the key to apply this fragrance and get the best result is to lightly spray twice or walk into a mist. Avoid dabbing it on and rubbing into the skin by all means, it gets sharp, dry and overpowering then.

When sprayed sparingly it gives out a lovely, feminine mist of orange blossom, lots of jasmine, patchouli and sweet honey.

I'm happy with my sample but I don't think I'd buy an entire bottle.

mashuda
mashuda

This fragance has all the right ingredients that I supposedly like....... I'm still not sure about it tho. There's something in this that makes my stomach churn, I don't know what it is, but apart from that, its a very well made perfume.

Its not something I would wear everyday. Far too strong for that. I did have my eye on this for ages and now that I have it, its not such a novelty anymore. Right now I am wearing the lotion and even that is v strong and heady.....I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who wud love this perfume. I just don't think my nose is ready for such boldness. Very feminine. Lots of character.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Definitely one of my more disappointing experiences, but at least I can check it off my "For Test" list now.

Unfortunately, this is a mess of rotten fruit soaked in honey on my skin - which is surprising as I was sure there'd be fruity notes listed here but they're not. I barely got any florals at all on my skin, and the Patchouli I was hoping for wasn't there in any form.

I had to scrub this off after only 40 minutes or so I can't personally comment on it's longevity. Sillage was pretty decent in the short time I had it on (two people I was with could easily smell it on me and agreed it was best to go and wash it off immediately).

Oh well, we win some - we lose some! Definitely not a fan and not my cup of tea but I appreciate it's fan base and congratulate anyone this perfume does work for :)

DianeL
DianeL

Absolutely love this perfume, together with the body lotion....real yummy. I always get compliments when I wear this, one of my favourites

Sassy1
Sassy1

Sorry guys....I have to go against the flow on this one.

While I admit it started with a lot of promise (I actually got honey/citrus right away) after only a minute or 2 it turned into a poo and patchouli downer for me. The jasmine is super indolic and takes over everything, despite the touch of lemon. I also pick up the dreaded plastic doll head that screams "cheap!!" for me.

So while I really enjoyed the first minute, it's a downhill slide from there.

Pass for me.

Update: Francis K did this one? WTH?? No budget I'm guessing?

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

It is a very feminine perfume. Fresh flowers and sweet honey. Fresh but yet warm. On me it smells mostly like jasmine and it lasts a long time.

tara2013
tara2013

Lovethis parfume. 10/10. Fresh light so different.
Love it...love it.

suemass
suemass

Gorgeous, enveloping scent! I have the EDP and a few drops is enough to create a lasting cloud of feminine allure for hours. One reviewer stated that it was just a copy of Ysatis. I wore Ysatis in the '90s. And for one brief second, as the alcohol hits your skin, it is definitely a homage to that great perfume. But, almost immediately it morphs into a more complex, mysterious, warm, compelling, sensuous and unique gem. I have sampled hundreds of scents over the years and few have enthralled me like this one. No matter what you are wearing; whether it be jeans, a bathrobe or a gown.....you will be more beautiful if you are wearing this as well!

Nil3
Nil3

The glamour of authentic middle eastern notes. Not oriental! Purely Middle eastern. This is how the garden of a wealthy Arabic family would linger in the soft air.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This is hands down one of the best female fragrances that were recently launched. I love it so much that I got one to my mom.
Each time she wears it I can smell it all the way across the house. Monster sillage, elegant, mature and heavenly, this perfume is the definition of sophistication while keeping things simple and classy. Not an easy thing to do!! Great work Francis Kurkdjian and Elie Saab!!

meuytato
meuytato

really enjoy it
love love this scent !!!!! :))

Alexandrarae

Update to earlier review: Gave this another try today after reading all the positive reviews and WOW...this is an absolutely STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS PERFUME ... THE WHITE FLOWERS AND HONEY GIVE A YUMMY TOUCH WITH A SPICY KICK FROM THE PATCHOULI makes it "something different" from all the others. Have had it on now for 5 hours and still smelling lovely. This will be my extra special "Spring/Summer" fragrance. Thank you Ellie Saab for such a elegant and sophisticated parfum! Please don't change the formula - this one's a "keeper"!

windhill
windhill

From a guy point. This is one of the best floral out there. Heavenly jasmine, honey, orange blossom combo. All the feminine elements embraced here. Sexy, Sweet, Fun, Cute, Sophisticated, Lovely and Approachable. My close friend wear it and it smells divine on her. The best floral scent I've ever met(alongside with Poison). Smell very classy and projection well(not too heavy). I think this is one of "must try" for every ladies.

saintleegray
saintleegray

This is an interesting perfume, good from start to finish. At first its a creamy sweet smell, I can definitely smell the honey, in fact I would have assumed it had more fruit notes. After a few hours it has setled into a sweet floral. I normally dislike straight florals with no fruit, but the honey notes make it interesting, sweet in a different way. Its soft and very, very feminine, I could see wearing this with a flowing dress, just love it.

This first came to my attention in a magazine sample, and I was immediately captivated. I had to have it! I got right online and discovered it had not been released yet. I ordered it the day it became available, and it has held up as one of my favorites. It is different from my other white florals which usually start with top notes of tuberose/ gardenia. The African orange flower combines with the patchouli beautifully, and keeps it from being so sweet. Really a luscious combination! It stays fresh for many hours, and I often give my pillow case a spritz before going to sleep at night- sweet dreams!

mickey4u2070
mickey4u2070

When i initially sprayed the sample, i did not care for it much- just ordinary floral.

But I went back to purchase the full bottle next day- the middle note of Jasmine was still lingering on my jacket next morning and it was heavenly!

Lasting power on skin isn't so great but on clothes it stays till the next morning.

STRAG
STRAG

The perfume is wonderfully matching the personality and the philosophy of Elie Saab, feminin, somewhat ethereal, pastel but charming. One of the nicest surprise in mainstream perfumes in the last few years!

paula02
paula02

Bright and sparkling with a gorgeous honey note. I never thought i liked Orange Blossom until i tried this one, maybe i was wrong :-) I'm not sure i would wear it on a daily basis as it just seems too special for that, but if you love it, then why not? I only use one spray as i feel that it could be over powering, but that one spray lasts all day. I'm so glad i have this one in my collection, there is definately a place for it and occasions when it is completely 'right'.

marily
marily

It makes feel being in heaven when I smell this fragrance with closed eyes.....It's so unique,feminine,sophisticated and elegant scent!!!! Glamorous and gorgeous fragrance and it has longevity.It's my new signature scent!!!! Highly recommended

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

This is a fragrance of complexity and depth that also has an airy lightness to it, which is probably not always easy to achieve. An extremely well done top quality perfume. Honey sweet neroli and jasmine... oh how lovely and feminine this combination is. The cedar and patchouly manages to nail down the precious white flowers to the skin to make it last forever. In the final stages of the drydown I get an earthy and at the same time honey sweet patchouly smell that is just plain gorgeous.

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

Beautiful white floral, with tender honeyed notes and refreshing hints of cedar. Dries down a little soapy. Extremely good lasting power, good sillage. I barely smell the patchouli.
For my nose, it smells almost the same as Avon's Today. In fact, I prefer Today to Elie Saab: Today is more 'solar', in some way it reminds me of funny summers at the shore. Wearing Elie Saab I envision a pretty virginal high-class girl, all-dressed in white, wandering somewhat sad at a garden full of white flowers. Between wanderer high-class virginity in white and a beach full of sun and fun, I'd rather stay with the 2nd one.

MiguelHarris

This fragrance captivates me.... With its different tones

The orange floral Cedarwood opening

To the smoky / hazy Jasmine heart

To when it's close to the skin in its final stages "the smell of honey roses and creamy gardenias" is just so romantic

I hope Elie Saab continues to create masterpieces like this.... This fragrance will be one of the remembered ones of our generation... Well I'm only 21 years young, I'll hold on to this one for years and years

Anatares
Anatares

Lovely fragrance, feminine and delicate floral, a bit too much honey for my tastes but absolutely gorgeous. Highly recommended.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Harsh and pungent white floral; overly sweet and plasticky. Makes my stomach turn. There's something way to overcooked that overshadows freshness of jasmine and orange flower. These two smell amazing, however not in here. This scent strikes me as biotchy woman with attitude hanging out with her metro male companion, fully pretentious ugghhh.

Elie Saab Le Parfum EdP is a glorious fragrance that in spite of being so popular in US holds a good Mediterranean and Middle East vibe. This is probably due to orange blossoms and other White flowers which Always remind me of gardens in the sunlight.
It is a glamourous scent, indeed, but also emotional, thick and a little bit out of this world exactly as the feeling in those gardens. A perfect mix and totally feminine 100%.
I agree it has something in common with Amarige, probably the "White flower bomb" type.
I like the EdP, but on my skin the strong honey note often goes musty and throat clenching.
Such a shame.
I discovered the EdT version and it works much better for me, especially in summer.
I will try EdP next winter again.

Unbreakable Heart
Unbreakable Heart

Having this fragrance for a month now

Le Parfum smells like a stroll through a southern garden of Honeysuckle, Narcissus, Orange Blossoms, Gardenias and soft airy tones of Tuberose

The opening of this Is caramelized, Vanilla Orange Flowers and earthy tones of cedar.... This stage reminds me of the Honeysuckle and Narcissius in the back of my yard.. Such an addictive smell...

The hazy Jasmine slowly arrives and it seems like she's brought her sisters with her a Creamy Gardenia and softly Narcotic Tuberose .... Their presence is like a smooth velvety harmony that smooths the fragrance out

I do sense patchouli and rose they do balance the fragrance

OVERALL THIS IS A NICE FRAGRANCE... It is similar to Alien but I'd call this Aliens little yet more sophisticated sister.... Alien is strongly synthetic on the floral part which can be annoyingly sweet and reminiscent of insect repellent :( Le Parfum is florally balanced without being too much

merlin1999
merlin1999

Loved this fragrance at first. So warm, so classy and so ultra feminine!! But it's just too glamorous,too dressy for me...

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

It wasn't love at first sniff, however out of all the others I had tested (MJ Honey, Pulse NYC, Alien Essence Absolue, Armani Diamonds) I noticed straight away that it just smelt classy, expensive. When the dry down kicked in oh my word. Such a beautiful scent! It's clean without being over citrusy, floral without being overpowering, yet with enough oomph to make it suitable for evening or daytime, carrying a soft sweet and creamy undertone with a little powdery aspect that makes it almost cuddly. It's just so feminine. Really is wonderful, give it a try, even if it is quite strong on first spray give it a go! I'm going back to purchase it this week.

jessyparis
jessyparis

Smells almost like Amarige de Givenchy still differs from the spicy and heavy woody notes which gives Amarige its unique oriental sillage. So, like I said it opens up with the predominant white florals which are engulfed within seconds in a deep orange blossom elixir that lasts almost till the end and never dries down to a woody base but a light honeysuckle-like fresh dry-down. Excellent for all those who love to wear a light flowery fragrance which doesn't lack in the least the classiness and refined attitude a Haute Couture house perfume should stand for.

ana_gr
ana_gr

Smells expensive and classy. Love it!

JasmijnMade
JasmijnMade

Seeing the amount of reviews this perfume has already received, I will keep it short.
I love the honey in this perfume! I have been looking for a combination between Jasmine and honey (Tunisian Machmoum bouquets and necklaces).
Eventhough this does not resemble that scent accuratly, because of the bunch of other notes this perfume contains, the honey sticks out and to me, it's addictive!
I use a tiny bit of this perfume (or Nuda from Nasomatto) in combination with Jasmine Full from Montale to get the Jasmine with honey combination, can't stop smelling my wrists!

ShiseidoTactics
ShiseidoTactics

beautiful mixture of honey and roses ...

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

Honey, jasmine and a hint of warm skin.

This is a very potent, unique, sweet, memorable fragrance. I can see how this one would be a love-it or hate-it scent, but personally , I love it.

Due to the impressive sillage, this perfume might not be office-appropriate. However, it's perfect for a dinner date. I find it to be very classy - a great alternative to all the heavy florals and musks out there.

I should add that when I first smelled this out of the bottle, I didn't think much of it. But then on a night out I noticed a friend smelling especially nice - turns out she was wearing it. I immediately tried it on myself, and when this perfume met my skin, magic happened.

mluckyg
mluckyg

Very strong orange blossom scent mix with honey and cedar. I like all these three notes. Can't detect patchouli.
Lovely and elegant. The sweetness of honey is not too sweet, add warmth and depth to the scent. Great silliage and longevity.

movs
movs

First time I smelled this fragrance was on a test paper that I kept in my pocket for weeks. I remember the airy orange smell every time I’ve had my hand in my pocket.
It is now 2 years ago and only recently I decided to test again, when I passed by it in an department store. At first it seemed weak and I couldn’t really smell it. I had already left the building, when I suddenly got a waft of the most beautiful orange blossom - so airy and at the same time creamy. I immediately decided to return and buy a bottle.

I don't really know..... I've been wearing it a couple of times now and suddenly the orange blossom seems too deep, it smells almost carnal or metallic. Maybe it’s an indolic jasmine blending with the orange flower but I don’t really pick up jasmine as a distinctive note. In fact orange blossom is the only note I can clearly smell, the other notes are just there to build up the orange blossom. There is a honey note giving warmth and making the scent rather creamy, and there is a patchouli note that helps the scent linger.
Even though the orange blossom is both deep and intensive, longevity is just moderate and it stays close to the skin.

I had hoped to rediscover the airy orange blossom from the test paper and from my second test of the perfume but every time I’ve been wearing it since, the orange blossom is just too much for me – and I usually love orange blossom. Maybe it is more moderate in the edt but because this perfume is rather volatile and stays close to the skin, the edt might be too week.
On paper this scent represents orange blossom in the most beautiful way. So who knows - if you love orange blossom and your chemistry is right for this perfume, you might fall in love.

In 3 terms: CREAMY – ORANGE BLOSSOM - CARNAL

pftuggerah
pftuggerah

The perfect fragrance. 10/10. Definitly my new signiture.

Pari88
Pari88

I wanted to be in love with this one so badly...but it was just nice...When will the Indolic Jasmine and Rubbery Tuberose phase end...I love a fresh Indian Jasmine, and a buttery Tuberose...but the way designers do them these days smells a kin to Bubblegum....I hope this phase ends soon... Why would someone pay so much for something that smells similar to a dozen other fragrances. You can buy a bottle of Amarige for change these days, and all you need is one drop to get the same exact scent of Elie Saab..in the same way that All artists re-do every song our Mothers listened to, but replace the real instruments with computerized ones..all designers are just recreating the same scents, just replacing the authentic ingredients with lab made smell a-likes....Don't get me wrong here, this is a great fragrance, but it is similar to hundred of others....better quality niche, and even Amarige.....Alien....Burberry London....Juicy Couture....all those others...sorry to be so drab...I don't blame those who love the fragrance, I blame the designers who are charging so much for something with synthetic ingredients, and smells exactly like hundred of others, no creativity or uniqueness...nothing that is "ahead of it's time".....

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM ESTOU CURIOSA POIS AMO TODAY E TENHO DELE..PR MIM É O QUE TEM DE MELHOR NA AVON

dina
dina

I've been so eager to test ES especially after all the rave about it but as soon as I smelled it, it was a REAL disappointment. ES is a copy cat of Avon Today! They are not similar, no, identical....

arrokaj
arrokaj

just got it yesterday and i like a lot. elegant and classy

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Not a bad fragrance considering all of the sugar water releasees of late. I appreciate the honey and patchouli notes which give the scent a slightly old world flavour. I wouldn't buy it but consider it a more mature, grown up and classy version of flowerbomb.

Sarahlulu
Sarahlulu

A fascinating fragrance which does have a middle eastern feel to me ...perhaps it is the heady combination of orange blossom, jasmine with the addition of honey and patchouli. I can feel quite overcome with patchouli and will often avoid it but the honey seems to sweeten it enough and it seems to be the jasmine that holds right through on me.

I see myself wearing it especially in the dead of winter like now ..and conjuring up images of bargaining in a bazzar.

Necabel
Necabel

Amor a primera vista. Nada más probarlo quedé hipnotizada por su fragancia. Si hubieran hecho un perfume para mí, sería éste. Es un perfume muy elegante y sensual. Lo encuentro delicioso y perfecto. Total armonía con la piel y muy versátil, tanto para mañana como para noche y para cualquier estación del año. A la vez terrenal y etéreo. Infunde serenidad y también sensualidad. Desde luego, este perfume me ha conquistado ♥

***

Love at first sight. Just try was mesmerized by its fragrance. If they had made a perfume for me, it would be this. It is a very elegant and sensual fragrance. I find delicious and perfect. Total harmony with skin and very versatile for both morning and night and any season. While earthly and ethereal. Brings serenity and sensuality. Of course, this perfume has conquered me ♥

denncita
denncita

this opens up quite sharp. what i smelled first was roses. it reminded me of narciso rodriguez's for her. but then a minute later it smelled like amarige de givenchy, but a much lighter version of it. i can definitely smell the honey and soft jasmine in the drydown which reminds me of the jasmine milk tea i love! this is a very elegant and chic fragrance suitable for daytime. i like it.

love45
love45

Oh my! This perfume is just beautiful! I smelled it a couple of days ago and I was amazed. It is so elegant and classy and it makes you feel rich! I really want to add it to my collection soon! :)

siauseque
siauseque

I am wading my way through a mountain of sample decants, and this is the closest I have come to exactly what I am looking for...feminine but with a woody crisp edge. Even if it turns on me I have narrowed down some preferences. Later on(4hrs) after a fairly generous application, it was completely gone. Pretty and sophisticated but not edgy enough for me.

MiguelHarris

Well to me this is an Oriental Floral very sensual.... Warm citrus florals with marshmallow / vanilla sweetness very warm and cozy scent..... It's not strictly floral, it has edible tones to it

Reminds me of a orange blossom version of M by Mariah Carey....

MiguelHarris

As a guy who loves Neroli, this is a great Neroli / Orange Blossom fragrance for the lovers of either note.... Yes Jasmine is present and smells quite purple as usual but she doesn't steal the show... Very warm, sensual, laid back fragrance

I'm INFATUATED with this fragrance.... It's a must have

incorrigible_nose
incorrigible_nose

It starts off being a little too strong, but dries down in seconds to a wonderfully pleasing white floral scent. This is what I would imagine the Middle East would really smell like, in a very classy, subtle way. Not the "attar" "oudhi" torture on the senses, but just a gentle uplifting floral smell.

mwallwork
mwallwork

When perfume browsing recently, I was invited to test spray Elie Saab Le Parfum (EDP). First, I was introduced to the beautiful bottle - striking yes, but who actually buys a perfume just for the bottle. Never me at these prices, I hope. It's the juice I crave although I admit a cheap looking bottle encasing an expensive fragrance can be a turn-off.

A spray on a pristine white blotter piqued my curiosity. On to the second hurdle - a spray on the skin - this time in the crook of the right arm. I had already applied some other scents earlier and while the Elie Saab developed on my skin, I turned my attention to the earlier tests. By the time I returned my nose to ES Le Parfum, several minutes had passed. I quickly exclaimed in pleasure and surprise, "Oh, my!". It truly is not that often that I have that immediate of a reaction to a perfume. I can usually determine at once whether or not I like a perfume, but this was an example of unabashed, instant love. Angelic quality? Perhaps...

Orange blossom is one of my favorite floral notes. It takes a deft hand (genius perfumer Francis Kurkdjian) to combine it with beautiful, intense jasmine and not lose the character of the orange blossom. Then, when rose honey is drizzled over the composition, the stakes ramp onto a wholly higher plane. It is the patchouli/ Virginia cedar accord that tethers this glorious juice to the Earth lest it float away from we flawed mortals.

Every time I apply Elie Saab Le Parfum, I have the same reaction. I hope I always will.

iam2sexy4uris

At first I thought it smelled great, but on the dry down it smelled exactly like original juicy couture, I tried it several times, and there it was juicy couture again.

Gulnara
Gulnara

I bought this fragrance yesterday. I was looking for floral, ultra feminine, clean, and grown up scent without any masculine hint in it. It should be neither so loud nor so delicate. And that was La Parfum. It is a contemporary perfume with a vintage feeling about it. As to being original, for me that word doesn't make any sense now. (Cause in order to make an original scent they have to make it weird) La Parfum by Elie Saab is high quality and pleasurable. And I love it. That is the main thing!

ZELJO

lovely honey touch in a modern woman

tgutie1027
tgutie1027

I just bought this fragrance to be my new signature scent. I love it, but I find that it doesn't last very long on me. I've begun adding other perfumes and seeing how the combo works- I love it with Jo Malone Amber Patchouli as well as Orange Blossom. It's fun to play around.

Lubbi
Lubbi

I love this fragrance- makes me feel so feminine-

Gini

Love the Elie Saab EDT and EDP, especially the EDT, so feminine. Has anyone had the opportunity to test the EDP Intense will be launched later this year ?

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I think I would need a full bottle, rather than the sample spray vial, to achieve the huge sillage and longevity most folks have experienced with this perfume. However, it does have good longevity and sillage,and I received some complements and questions.
This is a very feminine floral fragrance, with a rich but not cloying sweetness from the honey.I know some people said it's not sweet, but to me I did smell the honey quite intensely. It's not sweet like sugar, though. I think it would be lovely to wear on a date.
The drydown is a bit "typical", with the patchouli, but overall this is a very pretty fragrance.
I suspect that this scent would work best layered with the matching body products, which I would probably purchase along with the perfume.

roseofsharon
roseofsharon

ditto cakes n cuddles, the best in longevity and sillage

malchoni
malchoni

I bought this fragrance in Paris. What a great place to do this! It was a sudden discovery. Firstly, I sprayed it on a paper, on the next day I came back and tried it on my skin. In the beginning it is quite floral, but then come the heart notes of sweetness and honey, and...white flower, but just a tiny little memory of a white flower. When you hear "citrus" usually you think of fresh and green smell. Here the "citrus" note is warm and sticky sweet, but not enough to make a jam of it. :-) It is a classy and ordered fragrance, full of late day sunshine, which warms more than illuminates. I prefer it for day time ware, but if you are on the beach, and it is a warm lovely night, Le Parfume could be the lightening part of it. And you too...;-)

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

It opens with a lovely orange blossom then comes the jasmin mixed with other notes which reminds me of Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue. I now understand that's the jasmin mixed with sweet notes as honey or vanilla and amber in the case of AEA that made me feel weird. In Elie Saab this scent is less aggressive. The patchouli and the cedar support the jasmin like leaves for flowers. It's elegant and feminine. The longevity is 8h+ and the sillage is moderate. Though not my cup of tea, it sure has its value.

Iris_it
Iris_it

I find it very delicate , clean , pleasant with a correct floral sweetness ,that is not cloying at all, but it lacks of backbone . It is a fragrance which is not worth the money asked , in my humble opinion . It is certainly better anyway than other recently created fragrances as it smells "romantic" without beeing sugary sweet .

5354alice

Ok...I must admit I'm a jasmin addicted, I'd like to buy ALL has jasmin in. Than, this fragrance...it's great! I love it cause it's fine, but at the same time sophisticated and sexy...I really think it's a fragrance you can wear during the day, for office use (i get lots of compliment) and during the night to feel the most sexy fair in heart! Love it!

aqua76239
aqua76239

This is heady chypre floral-its quite heavy on orange blossom and patchoili. Sambac and cedar also take the front steps here. Its not even remotely sweet which is probably why I don't care for this much as I like sweeter fragrances(and I really don't like orange blossom either). Having said that, if you like heady florals that are not sweet, this is a very nice scent with good lasting power. And of course, bottle is gorgeous.
Btw, it reminded me of Basic Instict from VS(not the same scent but I can see some simularties) so if you like Basic Instict(or Lovely by SJP) you will like ES as well.
Its not my cup of tea but I will give it high marks because this is nice well made scent

Irideika
Irideika

Can't believe the majority of voters view this as a day fragrance... It's so sultry and has such a veil of mystery, I can't even imagine wearing this at the office. Definitely a fragrance for a romantic evening (and a 4-seasons fragrance as well, in my opinion; I can see myself wearing this in the dead of winter just as much as on a warm summer evening)

Beans
Beans

Being a classic white floral, rose girl this was a bit of a risk for me as the wrong combination of musks and citrus can often go bad on my skin.
I am surprised with this perfume, as it does sit well on my skin, lasts 4-6hrs and seems elegant to those who are experiencing it around me.

For me however it is extremely heady, very strong almost to the point of giving me a headache (even with a single spray). I can cope, but I am disappointed that the floral notes seem to vanish on me rapidly, leaving a dense musk that is almost stripped of anything sweet to balance. For winter it will work, but I won't replace the bottle when I'm through.

For the record, I have smelt this fragrance on a friend and it is utterly stunning, rich in orange blossom and delicate white florals. Oh to have her skin chemistry ;)

truffles

Hmm. I thought I liked this from magazine samples, especially as I love neroli essential oil and patchouli, so got hold of some.
Sadly, I find that it's just too 'floral' for me.
I don't get any patchouli from it, just a superstrong 'white flower' blast which I presume is an orange blossom/jasmine combo.
I felt mumsy/frumpy wearing it, I just don't seem to be able to do big florals.

8-nadia
8-nadia

I bought this from House of Fraser about a year or so ago when it was on special offer.For me personally it's the best perfume EVER,I have the whole range of Elie Saab products.I even wrote to the great man himself and told him how much I love this perfume.I wait with baited breath for his next MASTERPIECE!

slobberchops
slobberchops

this was a blind buy for me from a friend whos father in law owns a perfume shop(hadn't seen her in years and bamb we bump into each other)so I get a 90 mls edp tester from her.
The bottle looks and feels gorgous,its heavy,it catches the light beautifully and feels lovely,the necture juice inside calls to you.This is the first perfume I have worn that actually smells like the real smells in nature,when it sprays I on my skin gets a strong blast of jasmine and orange,this quickly dries down into beeswaxy honey and I could have eaten it it smelt so real,then it settles almost powdery on me,its a lovey lovely lovely scent,but its not me,its very strong to my nose(im a fussy bum anyways)I like it but not on me so very disappointed in that sense,

ednaenis
ednaenis

I bought elie saab today. It is chic n classy i love it. The dry down reminds me of juicy couture which i love n use too!:)

rzetzm
rzetzm

Freaking beautiful perfume. I love the way this smells on ladies!

Finally tracked down a bottle from a girl friend to spray on myself to review. MMMMMMMmmmmmm, first time on me! Now I can sniff all afternoon :-).

Gorgeous, sweet floral mix that lasts a long time. I almost get an incense vibe - dunno how my nose is smelling that. Perhaps it's the patchouli. It helps ground the sweetness of the honey and flower mix. Silage is fantastic, especially if you have long hair. I feel with every head turn you get a wiff.

Very similar to "Untitled" by Maison Martin Margiela, which I have in my personal collection.

Lovely!!!

s_athena
s_athena

Funny how everyone emphasizes the "strong patchouli" and cedar in this. On me this is ORANGE BLOSSOM and little else, and a mature orange blossom at that - far too sweet for me, too "ripe" and too maturely feminine (in the same vein as Givenchy Amarige). It comes off as just another sweetie white floral, one of many, and not distinctive enough to pick out of a crowd. I prefer my white florals on the greener and soapier side so the sweetness isn't overwhelming. That, or with a stronger woodsy or patchouli base to hold it down, and the cedar and patchouli here just don't do the job by themselves. Layered with something stronger in those notes, though, and it comes into its own as something more distinctive. Try layering with something patchouli and vaguely masculine (I used Fresh Cannabis Santal), and then you have something with potential.

cecyben
cecyben

Wow! this fragrance is a delight! I love it deeply ! Excellent longevity and sillage ! It has a strong and elegant feminine smell. I smelled it and totally fell in love with this perfume ! Elie Saab is all about glamour, opulence and sophistication !!!

mozzaa
mozzaa

If any of you remember the Estee Lauder campaign for their fragrance Beautiful (the one with the beautiful serene bride in a fairytale wedding dress) - this is what Elie Saab is. It is a very classy, sophisticated, "bride's" perfume. It's there yet not there. A floral that is not overwhelming at all- and that is a big feat b/c florals can become very cloying. I find it very appropriate for office wear. But I have to say on my skin it needs another spritz in a couple of hours.

jovejove
jovejove

Coming this fall: Le Parfum Intense

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Beautiful, soft, sheer type fragrance with major jasmine balanced by orange flower and rose with a bit of cedar and patch. The orange flower balances the jasmine so that you don't get that decaying jasmine smell. A lovely and elegant scent. I just wish it lasted longer. Youi need to re-spray after 2 to 3 hours. Soft and sweet, without being sugary sweet. It's like a soft chiffon gown floating around you.

Merebon
Merebon

I like it, very sweet. Definitely got the honey smell from it once it dried down. This is a strong scent. Not for the person looking for something subtle. reminded me of Roberto Cavalli.

little chanelette
little chanelette

A very feminine solar scent to my nose. It smells very natural, sweet but nothing sickly or candy like. A sweet honeyed jasmine with a hint of rose. It's a golden kaleidoscope, a stunning composition.

I picture a graceful young lady of angelic beauty and perfect manners. She's wearing a white flowy dress on her sun-kissed skin. Her long golden locks in a shade of honey gently fall on her shoulders as she walks out of a flower shop with a handful of fresh blush pink roses. She's wearing strappy leather sandals, Longchamp bag effortlessly hangs on her shoulder. She puts on her big black shades to protect her hazel eyes from the sun as she hops across the streets of St.Tropez. The sensual scent leaves a trail behind her and a jasmine blossom falls from her golden hair. You want to follow her, the scent is enchanting, addictive. You pick up the jasmine drenched in the sweet scent of honey. Inhale it, close your eyes. She's there, a blink away.

I simply adore this fragrance and can't get enough of it. The bottle is pure perfection as well!

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is a light honey floral.... Very light. I like it, but it doesn't strike me as anything special. Also, it's a little too sweet for my taste.

fdmc
fdmc

A floral fragrance for contemporary women.
Sweet, elegant, feminine, romantic and tempting.
The notes of orange blossom, jasmine, patchouli and honey make a great mix.
Another perfect creation of the great Francis Kurkdjian.
This perfume is a piece of high sew.
I love Elie Saab because of his magnificent gowns and for this wonderful perfume.

PaulaNQ
PaulaNQ

This is my new favorite fragrance. It is feminine, classy and sophisticated. Love it!

nikoleta1

Longevity is amazing, flowery, sweet, highly recommended classy frag.

viol
viol

Unbeleivle! I tried today "Love Never Dies Black Jewel of Jeanne Arthes for women" and it's quite the same smell of Elie Saab, wich I own. Almost the same olfactive pyramide, the only difference is the price. Provare per credere!!!!!

londonhermit
londonhermit

I've been hitting it out of the ball park lately with patchouli perfumes lately. Usually patchouli is the kiss of death for me but it barely raises it's strong musky head in ELie's parfume. This is very reminiscent to one of the Alien summer flancors but not as bad. It's sweet and slightly soapy on me. Well done fragrance for everyday.

arae
arae

I adore this perfume. I first discovered it in a tear out sample from a magazine, and immediately went online to purchase it. It was not available yet, but I continued trying until I was able to buy the big bottle. It smells wonderful on my skin-a rich, floral round of scent with a subtle background of a woodsy patchouli. It is a little heavy for daytime, but when I do wear it I get stopped and asked about it. My other favorites are Woman by Michael Kors, Alien Sunessence, Chloe, and Coco by chanel, and an old spicy number: Lanvin.

Tirreni
Tirreni

It's just 'ok' on me....

I won a huge bottle of the eau de parfum recently, and being a huge perfume fan I had high hopes for this, especially as I love gourmands and florals, and from the write-ups this seemed to be a perfect combination of both - honey, orange blossom, rose, and a little spice.

It just doesn't seem to work on my skin though which is disappointing! The initial blast reminds me of cheap furniture polish. It then dries down quite nicely to a honeyed orange blossom, but that only lasts 1/2 an hour on me! Then nothing, absolutely zero :(

I'm convinced it must just be my skin because I don't get how others can say it's really strong? Regardless, I'm just glad I won the bottle rather than paid out £80 + for it.

Milladane
Milladane

A heavy, sweet, and radiant floral with jasmine, orange blossoms and patchouli. There is a sour kind of juicy sweetness, if that makes any sense...I think the sharp woody sourness must be from the Virginia cedar, and the sweetness has to be from the honey. There is a hint of Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDP, but much lighter here, thankfully.

This perfume is all woman, and clearly a perfume, not sugar water made for little pre-teen girls. From the color of the juice, I thought it would be light and airy, but not so. This perfume actually smells like it came from a golden color liquid. Seems like a quality perfume, and it's a good perfume, but not particularly unique.

I also had the impression it smelled like Alien, but then I sprayed some on my other wrist, and found that Alien has a very weird synthetic kind of sweetness, while Elie Saab feels more floral, and a lot more natural, with the bit of sourness - which definitely occurs in nature!

Shone
Shone

I had never tested or even smelled this, but it was at Costco today for $29 and change. I bought it based on reviews here, and am so glad I did! It's beautiful and fresh and soft. I've only had it on for an hour, but so far it just keeps getting better. The rose smells so real, just like the wild roses heavy on the bushes in the summer. I have a feeling my hubby is going to be very glad I found this one. Mmmmm its good.

debwea3356
debwea3356

OMG......This is it.....For the past year I have searched high & low, for what everyone
calls "their signature scent" After buying about 35-40 different brands/scents....4 From Creed, Gucci, Fendi, Narciso Rodriguez, Shalimar, Sansara, Joy, 4 or5 by Dior, Chloe, Dune, Lady Million, 3 by Boucheron, 4 by D&G, M. Kors, 2 by Marc Jacobs,
2 by Balenciaga, Flower Bomb, Jimmy Choo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And thats just the ones I can think of.
THEN.....I tried the new Elie Saab perfume. WOW.....At Last I Have Found MY Signature. Before this one NOTHING lasted more than a couple of hours (scent)
I could not smell it at all after a few hours.....IT WAS GONE. With some of them my husband said he could smell it if I was up close to him, but I couldn't smell it.
Well let me tell you, I shower A.M. spray on my Elie Saab EDP ' And all day and even that night I can still smell it, when I get in the shower the next morning, I smelled my arms and could still smell the BEAUTIFUL SCENT.
I guess by the way I am explaining it you would think that it was a heavy/strong scent......But it's not, it is the most beautiful scent I have ever smelled. Soft, sweet, fresh.......not not overbearing or to strong. I was just blown away by it. The only thing that I have tried that even comes close to this is Narciso Rodriguez For Her- EDP - In the the pink bottle.......to me this comes in 2nd Place.
So, if you haven't tried it yet.....PLEASE GIVE IT A TRY.

butterbean
butterbean

please let heaven smell like this!

One whiff on my arm...and I was laying down a C-note!

It starts off with a heavenly orange blossom that has some lasting power. As jasmine notes come forward, the orange is still there balancing it out perfectly. Faintness of patchouli and cedar add just the right depth. Hints of rose and honey keeping a slight sweetness to it.

As the day progressed, I was even more enchanted. Wafts of slight jasmine with long lasting orange blossom sweetened by honey ...and a light touch of patchouli/cedar blend.

8 hours later -- sweet orange with a little spice!!

Nadia Albayati
Nadia Albayati

This is the most natural perfume I've ever smelt! It smells like real crushed orange blossoms & jasmine..
Longevity is very good & depends on how much you apply.
I love it!

beccamm
beccamm

I do like this fragrance in that its warm and makes me think of a summer's evening somewhere in the Med but at the same time all I can smell is Honeysuckle (must be the honey!) which doesn't conjure up the image for the advertising at all!
To me its very floral and more nice girl next door rather than glamorous, sophisticated & sexy.

AnneAnderson
AnneAnderson

I love this perfume. Every time I wear it I get compliments. It lasts all day.

Nadia31
Nadia31

Long lasting beautiful scent, floral and feminine

Discoball
Discoball

This is my first review. I received this parfum as a sample with another fragrance purchase. I thought it was too sweet and a bit icky. Maybe it was just a bad day...
About a month later I picked up the sample again and I though it smelled like sweet, spicy honey. I really like it now and after it has been on my skin for about an hour it smells great, spicy and citrusy. I like it a lot!

wind83
wind83

I dont regret when it cost too much for this perfume.
Elie saab is very feminine, warm and very long lasting on my body.

Yes it is classy with white flower.. its a great to wear in day or night.

I gave it 9/10

Jayela
Jayela

at first it is a jasmine scent. then it turns to an intresting sour scent that I dont like. strange. you should try on your own skin. but it is long lasting indeed. but it becomes sour''ish...

didint buy.

emeraldgirl
emeraldgirl

Beautiful long lasting daytime floral scent. Each time i wear it I get compliments.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Elie Saab is feminine, daring, and elegant. Opens with a strong burst of deep orange flower that is very reminiscent of Armani Code for women. Rather than fading down to a sweet orange like Armani Code for women Elie Saab has a romantic scent of blooming jasmine and warm patchouli with a golden honey sweetness to a dry down of fresh cedar. The bottle is so beautiful and I adore orange flower so I knew I had to get this as soon as it came out. A very mysterious and sexy night time fragrance!

luciterabbit
luciterabbit

classy,bridal, jasmine.

glad57
glad57

this is what a girl gets when narciso rodriquez was her fav, elie saab is the next step up toward a lovely, powdery, sensual, floral delight. my daughter just bought me the parfum set with out me ever smelling it,what a blessing and is it ever gorgeous!! i was looking for something that NR was missing, long lasting, beautiful scent, strong but soft and powdery, everything that NR was lacking i have found in ES. my two fragrance worlds have finally come together. Fantastic! elie saab!!!! wonderfully feminine!

lizaan
lizaan

Elie Saab smells like my childhood, haha. It reminds me of the days before summer break, I just get a good feeling when I smell this. I don't get a certain memory but just mainly that anticipation for summer and being outside playing.
Life was easy and cheerful.
Running around barefoot in a garden full of beautiful white flowers, enjoying the grass between your toes and feeling the sun warming up on your back. I loved that time of the year when you really could feel the sun warming everything up.
Sweden have really long cold winters but it's also really wonderful in the summers and nothing beats that first day of summer when you can go outside without a jacket on and get away with something sleeveless.

I should stop here before I get too carried away here and write a biography.

This scent is beautiful. Orange flower and honey really stands out for me here. This is basically a sweet white floral with a little patchouli to me. Good lasting power too.
I imagine this being a really nice perfume for a bride on her special day, I see a beautiful posh white country house, outdoor summer wedding, a lot of flower arrangements, this perfume and of course a Elie Saab wedding dress.

marwamory
marwamory

love it love it love it so sophisticated just like you are wearing one of his dresses ;)

tabithacate
tabithacate

One of my favorite fragrances that I have ever smelt. It is beautiful clean, crisp & floral.
I am a big fan of long lasting perfumes, I can't stand it when a great scent has a rubbish lasting time & sillage.
It is so feminine and light, I literally keep smelling my wrists!
I will be receiving this for Christmas as I need it in my collection.

RoRoSe

This is jasmin hocked in honey, super classy and bridal..

Tender and alluring at the same time, the advertisement fits the scent very well..

Great lasting power & sillage (Bomb)

Reminds me alot of the tenderness of the sparkling scent of jinnifer lopez (Still)

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

Wow so interesting! jasmine & orange blossom, sweet and spicy. Reminds me certain oriental incense sticks. There's something vintage in this perfume too. Not for a shy lady imho.

annettepe
annettepe

i sprayed this on my wrist the other day and i really loved it. it smells strongly of sweet white florals with a sweeter honey dry down. it sounds simple but it smells unique and complex. definitely very feminine and sophisticated. theres also a hint of patchouli in it which gives the perfume a slight earthy feel to it. its a very mysterious scent if thats not weird to say...

sherylchan
sherylchan

Recently I've been attracted to the smell of jasmine, and have been looking for an everyday fragrance I can use. This was exactly it; honey sweet (voluptous but not sickening), it is exotic and warm. It is not overbearing as jasmine can be, but harmoniously unique.

It definitely lasted longer and had more clarity in its scent when I bought it overseas during autumn. Back home where it's humid and summer year round, it obviously burns out faster and bears a muskier edge. I love it in both settings regardless, and it shall be my signature fragrance for awhile!

Update: I am actually starting to find this too sweet, after a few months of casual usage.

lyria
lyria

Yesterday was my first encounter with it. When I was in the mall, I sprayed it on the blouse that I was wearing and now I delay washing it because I still enjoy the lingering smell ;-) I think I found my /temporary/ signature?... I hope to be able to buy it in the near future!

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I tested this yesterday but was on the fence, so I got a mini to wear it straight after my morning shower, giving it time to unfold on my chemistry as I was going about my business.

The opening note is a very lush jasmine, it smells very 'real' almost as though one is in a garden at twilight and the air is heavy with jasmine in full bloom. As the middle stage approaches a honey note comes in and sweetens it a bit, adding a pleasant sweetness not a cloying one, it doesn't drown the jasmine but rather adds to its beauty, and if you inhale deeply and close your eyes...there is a trace of cedar on my skin too, unfortunately I don't detect any patchouli or rose. Perhaps they are there and are hiding under the jasmine with its honey bee buzzing around it, I don't know.

I am not quite sure yet if I will purchase a full bottle since I find it a pretty scent but for the name and the price I had expected something more complex. Elie Saabs Haute Couture is very pretty and often very elaborate in design, I guess I had expected something similar in his perfume. Alas, on me it's -only- a very straightforward jasmine soliflore with a tiny dash of honey and an apparition of cedar in the far distance.

If you are a jasmine lover who doesn't mind spending a bit for a very long-lasting noble jasmine scent in a charming flacon...this is a must test for you!
Silage is: "jasmine is all around you" -- Longevity is: 8+ hours. Good luck! : )

Rawannnna

lots of Jasmine, and nothing else.

Lazaro
Lazaro

is just like been in my father yard...seeting under the orange tree..looking throught the wall...and feeling the true meaning of all feelings....
FREEDOM.......

andreea.damian.98
andreea.damian.98

is a pleasant fragrance, elegant, but not unique. His only ace is the persistence. linger on my skin all day long with the same intensity.

hadassa
hadassa

Oh my! Right after the first sniff I felt disarmed and amazed and carried away. I felt extremely in love! With me it had happened only once before, in 2004, when I experienced Narciso Rodrigues for Her EDT. Francis Kurkdjian, you are fantastic and never fail to impress me with your masterful talent!

I'm surprised that people say that "Le Parfum" "lacks complexity". I don't know, my skin, nose and imagination probably are being in a perfect concord with Monsieur Kurkdjian's artistic intentions, but in my world it smells like heaven.

On the initial stage I smell a very natural orange flower (which lasts till the end) and honey (it disappears after an hour), then - oh yeah - comes the aroma of raw warm asphalt (which I find to be a pure olfactory joy), then I get a fresh French baguette (!) and babies' skin (the heavenly smell which is familiar to every mother), then intoxicating jasmine, crispy cedar and patchouli (the non-dirty kind of). Isn't it a true beauty? According to me, it certainly is.

A stunner. Will always be mine.

sofea25
sofea25

when I watched the video about Elie Saab Le Parfum on the Elie Saab website [I] heard perfumer Francis Kurkdjian say, “I felt I had to translate a brilliant femininity,” and that he wanted to create a fragrance that reflects “when the sun is almost gold or even white,” and smells “as if gold was glowing so brightly it was almost white”

This golden feeling, in my opinion, is produced via the rose, honey and patchouli notes. None of them sing solos but together as a chorus the effect is much like that of the basenotes from Chanel Coco Mademoiselle: a fuzzy, creamy, soft aroma. In fact, come to think of it, Le Parfum is like a streamlined version of CM. Just look at the similar notes: Top notes are orange, mandarin orange, orange blossom and bergamot; middle notes are mimose, jasmine, turkish rose and ylang-ylang; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, opoponax, vanilla, vetiver and white musk (Fragrantica.com).

On my my skin, the chorus of Le Parfum sings a decidedly baritone tune, a little ambery, a little spicy and quite different than when experienced on my female friends’ skin. I suppose this is another reason I am drawn to it. Chanel’s CM is almost iconic at this point in that many perfume lovers can instantly recognize it and have probably worn it at some point in their fragrant histories. While I never wore CM precisely because so many of my close friends claimed it as their signatures, Le Parfum perhaps offers a slightly different variation on the same theme with a spicy and powdery patchouli/honey drydown.

No, the scent is not groundbreaking. No, the scent is not entirely original. But if you are a fan of orange blossom, jasmine, patchouli or Monsieur Kirkdjian, perhaps you’ll be as enchanted as I was by the straightforward simplicity of Elie Saab, Le Parfum.

adahuys
adahuys

I hated it at first sniff. The scent was too strong as if I've been smacked in the face with a bouquet of jasmines. However, surprisingly it mellowed down beautifully after a few minutes. And this very scent has become one of my favorites.

JSC
JSC

Well while I can't yet speak of its longevity as just a couple of hours ago I tried for the first time this beautiful Elie Saab perfume.

I have been looking for a long time of a perfume that gave me the same feeling as Joe Malones Orange Blossom but better and years latter I have found this!

This scent is so beautiful - a lovely floral. Love it!

maja314
maja314

Completely agree with what linkypinky said, too little too simple, it's gone in a whiff.

lavedah
lavedah

i really love jasmine and i wanna have it!!!

napiergirl
napiergirl

YUM I love jasmine and this satisfies my senses while adding freshness with the orange blossom so not too sweet . The honey note adds a sultry exotic element .Love it .Tried the parfum but would go with the eau de toilette .

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Like several other reviewers, I too get lily of the valley, plus some rose (which note is actually listed). This is a very strong floral - not my cup of tea, but it is very feminine and certainly good value as regards longevity as it has been many hours on my skin and is still as strong as when I first sprayed it. I see this as being suited to a mature and elegant woman, and probably for going out rather than being an everyday or office scent. Thank you Yamba1 for the sample.

vicka16
vicka16

Tested the EDP in a store today and I'm absolutely in love with this perfume! On my skin it is floral, slighlty sweet and creamy scent. No patchouli at all.
I find this perfume warm, sophisticated, feminine... Gorgeous!

muddywater
muddywater

This EDP was given by a sweet lebanese friend. He is so proud of Elie Saab.

Actually I dont quite like it when I smell it at the first time, coz I donot like floral scent. but the middle note was so charming and nice that I can not help taking sniff on it time and time again(I think maybe because of sth woody).

I used to have a crush on Elixir Des Merveilles (2006) of Hermes, but now it seems too sharp to me after wearing Elie Saab lol. Now I am wearing ES very often and bacome a fan of it. I must say this parfum smels really elegent and mellow. I think it suitable for a real lady lol

But pity that it sode not last too long, maybe coz my nose has getting used to it. lol

Arkira M.
Arkira M.

The top notes is very very nice & light floral scent of orange blossom that i really love. Beautiful. When it comes to their middle notes, the strong jasmine & some mix of white floral comes. Still beautiful & elegance but just too strong for me.

At first when i haven't tried and didn't familiar with Elie Saab brand, i think wo why it's so expensive and it will be something fake & sweet. but it's above expectation. Beautiful & elegance scent. Even it is not exactly smell the same scent but Elie Saab reminds me of Burberry London. Maybe because of prominent Jasmine and they are create for beautiful ladies!

giasan
giasan

I love it! Elegant, misterious and long lasting fragrance, something different from all the perfumes I have ever tried. I can wait to buy it, will definitely become my signature perfume.

yvonne2013
yvonne2013

Love at the first sight!!
Smelled it when i passed by a both and i immediately bought it. Received a lot of compliments and i'm wearing it all time. it makes me feel very feminine. My bf think is too strong at first but he started to love it after i've use it for few times. Now his comment was "u smell very sexy with this".

Gini

I have the EDP and absolutely love it ! Now I tried the EDT this morning and it is on my wish list for Christmas. I love both !

This opens up sweet and floral, but with an almost masculine edge. As it dries down, the honey note becomes increasingly evident, and this fragrance becomes sweeter with wear. This ends up being a very powdery, sweet, nearly over-the-top orange blossom soliflore. Not bad, definitely wearable, but I wish it maintained some of the complexity it shows at the begining. This is powerful, with lots of projection and lasts all day. Use with restraint.

Adela7
Adela7

i tried this one today and identified lilly of the valley right away. was very surprised to read it had jasmine and orange flower, i felt nothing of the sort, just strong, plain, no confusion about it, lilly of the valley. pleasant but nothing complex or new about it. very strong floral. i would recommend it to teenage girls, pure at heart. this is not a mature woman's fragrance.

come to think of it i know what felt familiar about it: it smells like ajax floor cleaning liquid or ajax powder cleanser, they both smell of lilly of the valley.
the comparison is no ill intended.

busik
busik

O-o, remembered Ange ou Demon by Givenchy, the exact same topic! Lovers of Ange ou Demon, this new will like, such as perfume changed, but the exact same style.

Daisyloverr

It smell like lily of the valley. Wearable for fancy party. Wouldn't buy it to myself, but to my mom!

lalludo
lalludo

Elegant fragrance, persistant, still delicate. kind of sweet but not too overwhelming
I may say it suites 25 + women. i can firmly smell jasmine.

starvega
starvega

So confused comparing the below reviews to my own experience... I bought a few sample vials of this from eBay after loving the smell of it on a card, but found the effect on skin SO disappointing. The first spray turned me into a big flowery bar of soap, and was almost sharp to the nose. My bf smelt me and said there was something almost metallic about it. Then, it completely disappeared within 3hrs. Did I get dodgy samples, or is this perfume just not great?

gawerika
gawerika

Quiet a vibrant and warm scent, long lasting (7+ hours)and great silage however it kept on giving me migraines thus swap it off however I still get it if my collegue wears this. Thus a causion to those prone to headaches.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Very sexy, work friendly, mysterious, ALL IN ONE! I love when i find these jewels that encompass it all. Lasts a very long time...the honey is very prominent...to me its like a powdered honey..to die for!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Elie Saab you have stolen my heart. This perfume is stunning in my opinion and holds a magic trick up its sleeve!

The opening of this perfume is rose and orange blossom done beautifully... On initial spray I thought hmm this reminds me of Chloe eau de parfum. That sparkly rose contained within this is of a similar vibe. It's opens as a quite fresh sophisticated floral...

I sprayed this from my sample before I went out today and was enjoying the clean sparkly refined florals...
When I was on the underground train on the way home... The magic trick was revealed. A lady opposite me smelled gorgeous... Quite earthy, slightly dark and VERY gorgeous ... Very interesting and I wanted to ask her what her perfume was. It kept wafting every now and then.. I realized it was me! Elie Saab you are an absolute morpher!!! What started our refined and what I would called slightly effervescent has now turned into something completely different... This is like two perfumes in one both as gorgeous as each other! This dry down stage is swoonworthy to me. It actually smells nicer on my top where the perfume hit. Wowzers. Pathcouli seems to do something quite interesting to this perfume along with the cedar in the base.

From pretty and rosey to almost earthy and darker. I would now consider this a nighttime scent.
What a fantastic first perfume. It's on my list!

tweekthetwitch
tweekthetwitch

Simply just a very beautiful and quite lovely soft floral.
It keeps the soft accords without venturing into grandma-type florals.

Charming and alluring warm jasmine fragrance!

It reminds me Alien by Thierry Mugler and Amarige Mariage by Givenchy. All of them are warm jasmine fragrances in general. Only Le Parfum is less deep than them despite its sillage is strong enough, too.

I like this fragrance. It smells glamorous and feminine. Only I wish it was more deep.

Takhaet
Takhaet

Another gift from my lovely friend. I remember trying a sample in one of the Uk's perfume shop few weeks ago and I didn't like it back then -it seemed to be too strong and flowery. But this is how normally my relationship with my favourite perfume starts.....so ...My friend shows up with few gifts including this perfume -I look at it and think...s..t ..how could she get it so wrong ?! She knows I am a 'sweet perfume" lover (just like herself) not strong flowers....Anyway she says :" Just try it for couple of days ...'ok then .....

And now it's been 5 days since I am using it and I love this fragrance! very strong so couple of sprays are enough for me for all day.
It is oriental flower fragrance but in my opinion it is created to perfection. Orange blossom and jasmin topped with sweet honey . And that's what gives the perfume such an interesting note- sweet flowers. A bit of patchouli and woods at the drydown - fantastic and sexy.

I am glad my friend got me this perfume.It reminds me a little bit of Alien- only a little bit because of a lot of jasmine in it but I hated Alien at the beginning and it had to "grow on me" . Same with Elie Saab.

Overall- not too much different notes but combined perfectly , sweet flowers, woods and good longevity and sillage on my = love it for this English Autumn weather.

tandyka
tandyka

very weak, than the dew :-(((

naizar.joguh
naizar.joguh

Smell Expensive!

aber19

Just to clarify my last comment. The time frame of perfume staying on clothes generally for me is basically around 8-10 hours.

aber19

I have smelt this perfume on my skin, and after 4 hours it is extremely faint. This fragrance smells like Kenzo Amour, it becomes very faint after 4 hours on clothes which is amazing. Most sprayed perfume on clothes often lasts about 8-10 which reflects a good quality smell. The reason for this is I do not like putting too much chemicals on my skin if possible.

It has more orange blossom than jasmine, no honey, and nil rose. If anyone has smelt the versace lemon veressence fragrance, it falls into that type of category rather boring.

I think it is not original nor good value for money considering the price in Australia. I was disappointed with the fragrance. I would not say it is a sweet fragrance, but a orange blossom fragrance which is actually one dimensional. There is very little change of smell, please note there is too little products in the perfume to give it much substance.

I think Dior's poison it far better. This Saab perfume is less complex and disappears a lot after the 4 hrs stage. Therefore, just add Kenzo Amour and a small dash of the veressence (I think it is the lemon one from veressence) you have this fragrance. While this fragrance is strong at the start, it becomes a disappointment because it starts to smell of a cheap orange blossom oil and a faint smell of green tea. If you LOVE any form of orange blossom, then you will love this.

Unfortunately, my view is that the quality of fragrance was not here. So I was very disappointed when I sprayed myself with fragrance in Myer both on my skin, paper card and clothes and only receive a faint fragrance. I sprayed the fragrance heavily on my clothes and skin. I used 7 sprays on my skin and clothes which is a lot. So I think if you have to spray a lot then you will use a lot, which undermines the quality factor for me. While the fragrance is a light, pleasant enough I am not tempted to buy it. There are better perfumes out there.

bfrosty
bfrosty

I tried the EDP and EDT together and found both to be nice and safe scents. Toward the end of the day I gravitated more to the EDP but that isn't saying much as I didn't get anything from it that I haven't smelled on 'fumes with similar notes before. Seems to be a quality brew as I didn't really smell any chemical traces which is always a plus. It's an unobtrusive pretty scent. Great for situations that call for a polite perfume. Average in projection and sillage to my nose. I do love the bottle, which I'll admit is what attracted me to it in the first place.

ameeba
ameeba

Why do I smell only lily of the valley? It's almost as real as in Diorissimo. I only tested on paper..

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

This is just pure heaven!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! For all you orange blossom lovers out there, this is a must try!!! I have tried Sweet Redemtion by Killian and Jo Malone Orange Blossom and this is by far my favorite. This scent is just plain sweet and pretty and girly.

I see a chic woman in Manhattan having brunch with her girlfriends wearing this perfume. I'm so surprised no one at Nordstrom's has ever made me try this. That's just plain wrong.

burnst07
burnst07

I seriously love this fragrance! Only downside is that I don't know what it is about my skin that I feel like I have to apply it after about an hour of wearing it. Makes me sad that it doesn't last long...especially for the cost!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This fragrance is creamy and sweet.. I can detect the honey,jasmine and patchouli(not much)but the price it´s rediculous,it doesn´t match with the fragrance,but there are many like that.. It´s nice stays close to skin,doesn´t last long tough!!

Tayloreliza32
Tayloreliza32

I really like this scent.
Its sweet, but not over powering--subtle.
I see a very professional, elegant woman wearing this fragrance. Someone who screams sensual, but doesn't display her sensuality to the world; she only gives hints.
Mysterious and inviting.
I believe I'm falling in love with this perfume.
The more I smell it, the more I see it.
The more I want it.
Wants interesting (and ironic) about this fragrance is the fact that its not a "me" scent. To be considering the possibility of wearing this fragrance seems a bit daunting....but exciting, like I'm somehow rebelling against myself and my own body chemistry.
I love this scent.

Ann-Margret Stigholt
Ann-Margret Stigholt

Mmmmm, it´s such a suitable name Le Parfym. I feel it like velvet om my skin and the scense....IT REALLY GOT IT. Otherwise I´m reading and smelling a little bit elderly scenses(to many forgotten, not to me) But I bet Eli is being an icon, at least the perfct fragance....white honey. I love this

muskymoi
muskymoi

This is actually quite pretty on the skin. On me, the orange blossom and patchouli dance a little tango across my arm...And let's be honest, it's a more affordable means of obtaining a Francis kurkdjian fragrance, if you're a fan....

EDP
Very hyped, somptuous, thick white floral.
I especially like the orange bloom note (i love it in general). Then Elie Saab becomes a thick, syrupy, a little sickening and stale perfume.
I think the honey note makes that effect on my skin, because many perfumes with honey give me that feeling.
Still nice, but definetely too heavy. It' a kind of perfume that I would smell on an elegant older woman dressed in beige tones and lace.
I like the radiance of this perfume, very warm springtime/summer, white floral always give me an image of white long silky feminine dresses.
Too bad I love a fraction of this and hate the other fraction. In this case, the contrast between orange blossom and honey that became quite a classic in perfumery (original Poison, where notes were much better blended and not so in your face) has been taken too far. The result is heavy

wolkenlos
wolkenlos

You should sample this perfume really well before you buy it.
I thought the notes sounded wonderful, but on my skin this perfume was disgusting. I usually don't sweat, so my body smells normally really good even if it's extreme hot outside, but this perfume smelled like the worst amount of sweat on me - so much sweat that my body could never produce it on it's self. Haha.
Yeah, it's all about skin chemistry here.

A wonderful scent filled with white flowers. the Orange blossom and Jasmine is dominant - just like in Marc Jacobs Woman. The Patchouli and Cedar is very soft and after an hour I can detect them in basenote. This is a very womanish and chic scent. Timeless - both younger women and middleage women can wear this gem. Very longlasting on my skin - about 7-9 hours, very good for an EdP. I think.

En underbar doft som är fylld av vita blommor. Orange blossom och Jasmine är dominant precis som i Marc Jacobs Woman. Patchouli och Ceder är mjuka doftnoter som framträder först i basen. Otroligt kvinnlig och chic parfym. Tidlös -både tjejen och kvinnan kan bära denna. Otroligt lång hållbarhet på huden, på mig mellan 7 - 9 timmar, väldigt bra för en EdP, tycker jag.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This would smell VERY nice, if the "burning plastic" note were removed. It`s present in both the EDT and the EDP unfortunately.

Otherwise it`s very clean and warm at the same time. A crisp floral/woody/musk to my nose.

Nice looking bottle too.

Thierry Mugler missed out on an opportunity when they produced only Angel Violette, Angel La Rose, Angel Le Lys, and Angel Pivoine in their Garden of Stars ANGEL flanker series. The fifth installment has now arrived, albeit disguised in a new bottle and under the name of Elie Saab as that design house's début perfume launch!

It's remarkable how similar this perfume is to the Garden of Stars flankers. Each of those compositions showcases a single flower by dipping it in the ANGEL base. Sweet orange blossom has worked in a number of cases (including one By Kilian creation and one Couvent des Minimes, as well), and everyone is very familiar with the Angelesque sweet patchouli here. So roll them together, and the result smells remarkably similar to the Garden of Stars series!

I'm sure that this perfume will be something of a success, if only because everyone who loves ANGEL will love this as well--provided only that they appreciate orange blossom. The quality level is identical, and the longevity and sillage, too, are good.

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

I'm conflicted. I have the sample of this and the EDT. Man I think the patchouli in this reminds me to much of my guinea pig cage. To much for me. I like the scent but the EDT is brighter and not so musky/cedary/hippie smelling on me.
Glad I had samples to try before I committed. Now off to purchase EDT!

cinsot
cinsot

A superlative white floral celebrating the arrival of Spring for me. It has become an annual tradition to treat myself to a new floral perfume at the end of wintertime.

Sumptuous orange blossoms (on par with Hermes' majestic 24 Faubourg), abundant jasmine petals with honey drizzled velvety rose buds and an underlying whisper of lily conjoin creating a luxuriant Secret Garden aroma. Its fertile shade cleverly created by the presence of cedar and earthy patchouli.

Le Parfum EDP sings on my skin. A new favourite sharing musky attributes with For Her and Idylle as mentioned by other reviewers already. Standing apart in Le Parfum are the honeyed orange blossoms, they underpin the whole composition and are exquisitely moreish.

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

I laughed when I saw the top two reviews because just this morning I smelled a magazine tester of this, and thought how gorgeous the opening is. Rubbed on the wrist though... meh.
Someone should do some study on how well/badly scent strip samples represent the fragrance. On the page for Gaga's Fame, I asked if we should be judging based on the Cosmo magazine samples everyone was ripping out in the grocery store. The opening for that strip was repellent, but later it smelled ok.
Saab seems to be the opposite-- the opening off of paper is absolute dynamite, like the sun coming out from the behind the clouds. Which, if that's the only way I can get that glorious feeling, fine-- I have other frags I only spay on my clothes, not on my skin.
And the color of the actual juice is just about the most beautiful imho

mseleena
mseleena

I'd initially thought that I'd been duped when I first sprayed my newly bought bottle of parfum on my arm as I got a spicier earthier and darker fragrance as compared to the deliciously bright orange-jasmine combo I'd sniffed on the mouillette at the store. The initial blast was almost pungent and sour and my first impression was that my purchased bottle of parfum was one that had gone bad. It strangely reminded me of the opening of Thierry Mugler's Angel. Unsatisfied, I spritzed some on a mouillette to see if the scent compared to the one at the store and to my surprise, it smelt exactly the same as the one I'd sniffed at the store. Hence, I conclude that the problem must be my body chemistry.:(

Edit: After about 10 minutes, the smell of the fragrance that I'd expected appeared. I guess the sourish earthiness must have been the patchouli that is ever so vibrant thanks to my body chemistry. The jasmine scent is bright and modern and reminds me a lot of Thierry Mugler's Alien. However the orange blossom note helps to distinguish Elie Saab from Alien. The sillage is also closer to the skin than Alien's. However, due to the similarity between the two, I doubt I'd repurchase this. Overall, a lovely scent especially thanks to the velvety smoothness of the rose honey accord which makes me feel sultry and sophisticated despite being in my early twenties. Though I'd probably go for the EDT next time since I prefer this scent with a brighter note, and also because there's no darn patchouli to interfere.

Note: The humid hot year-round summer weather here might have also affected my impression of the scent. I'd imagine that the edp would work much better in cooler weather, although it can still be pulled off in the summer.

iam2sexy4uris

In the beginning this smells great, on the dry down, it's Juicy Couture the original. So, this is another perfume that smells like something else. Nothing groundbreaking, pass.

rita.m
rita.m

ايلي صعب لو تبقى بتصميم الازياء احسنلك
ماكو اي شي مميز بلعطر عااادي جدا
وموفق ان شاء الله بلمرات الجايه

deroumanie
deroumanie

At first sniff I would have passed it off as a mix of Chanel's #5 and Coco Mademoiselle, but as times passes this parfum becomes exotically sensual, only to linger ever more as sweet as a love story. It is the perfect blend of passion and subtlety, and by no means a true floral. I find it just right for my twenty-something lifestyle.

Let it stay with you.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

This is as beautiful as I remember it on a friend's skin (and if I may confess it's actually much better on me!) I get beautiful jasmine (non-indolic is the keyword here!), orange flower, and honey at first application. It stays the same though the heart phase but the dry down is to DIE for! I get sweet, sexy patchouli, honey, and jasmine. This is definitely a "golden" fragrance at this point even though the lead in the composition is a white flower. The indolic bitterness of jasmine is virtually nonexistent. All I get is the BEST note of fresh jasmine accentuated by that delicious honey. The patchouli here is so good that even I, a confirmed patchouli-phobic, LOVED it! It was a brilliant idea to use it as a base for the orangey jasmine. Or else it would have been a run-of-the-mill fruity floral instead of the glorious floriental that it truly is. Fragrantica didn't categorize it this way, but I do. This is in no way a straight floral. Too deep and complex for that - JUST how I like my perfumes to be! The drydown does remind me a little bit of Fan di Fendi EDP. Has a femme fatale quality about it.... Very come hither. I'm pretty sure it'll turn a man gaga in a second!

luxurylover
luxurylover

This perfume was love at first smell, it smells very mediterranean and luminous, and its lasting power it´s remarkable. At least I can own something with Elie Saab´s signature..

Alexandrarae

I really really wanted to like this one! The bottle is very pretty - the notes in the perfume are all ones that usually suit me - however on sampling on my wrist it was a sweet pleasant fragrance that had completely disappeared by the time it took me to get home from the store (about an hour tops). I was very disappointed but pleased that I hadn't bought it. Que Sera Sera!

5354alice

I finally have it in my hands! what could I say? It's fantastic. I feel expecially the jasmin and the honey, but at the same time this is not too sweet...I've had a lot of fragrances but I think that this is the much classy and fine! Love it!

Plumiegirl
Plumiegirl

Was sniffing around the perfume counter at Nordstroms today and tested this one. It reminds me of Possibilities Ann Taylor for women. Very similar and a favorite of mine. Was very excited - I love it!

gmhmilenio
gmhmilenio

I absolutely love this, but the longevity on me is not very good, especially if I'm out, walking, a little wind or sun, and it's gone. Truly sad.

Minze
Minze

I like it - and to me also the strongest note is lily of the valley. Hmmm - although it's rather mean it reminds me of Softlan Frühlingsfrisch fabric softener. Clean and lily-of-the-valley-like but a tiny bit heavy. I was really surprised that lily of the valley is not listed as ingredient...

Neptun
Neptun

i'm not sure if i liked this perfume or not. For my opinion it's not floral at all. But my husband likes it. And this is the only perfume he likes

Bethesda
Bethesda

Gorgeous perfume with balmy notes of orange blossom, honey, jasmine, lily of the valley (not listed but I find this very noticeable in the opening) and patchouli. Le Parfum manages to be sweet, musky, floral and clean (almost soapy) at the same time which really reminds me of Miss Dior Cherie, especially in the dry down. It just seems to have the same quality to it, despite not sharing all the same notes, and that hint of patchouli without it dominating. I get the incense smell that has been mentioned but I don't find it overpowering, it just sort of lingers in the background (most likely created by the orange blossom which I find quite an incense-y note in other perfumes).

The colour of the juice is very fitting for the scent. It's like a glowing orange haze of flowers and honey, like a sunset (and the orange blossom honey I spread on my toast!). Beautiful, sophisticated and uplifting daytime fragrance for spring, summer, autumn or winter because of the versatility that comes from its sweet floral and subtle earthy aroma. Also love the amazing, cut crystal-like bottle. :)

Danyhella
Danyhella

Tested it today in the shop. First time on the paper and because I found it really interesting, I sprayed that also on my wrist. It's an amazing fragrance. Especially for jasmine lovers - I thought that Jasmin Noir was the most sophisticated jasmin scent I have ever smelt, but then I tried Elie Saab and this really got it.

I don't use white floral frags but this one forces me to think about starting with it. It's classy, extremely feminine, sophisticated and quite seducing scent.

Makes me feeling like walking through the forest early in the morning after it rained the night before. I get some lilly of the valley notes too there (or maybe that's just the point where jasmin and orange flower meet).

But I'm afraid it gives me a wee headache. Will give that another try though cuz it's just so beautiful...

edit 28th July:
Who cares about wee headache, i bought at least 30 ml bottle, needed that in my collection. Quite refreshing during summer days too. Enjoying it.

nuitnoir
nuitnoir

Sparkly, Sexy, Clean, Elegant and Modern. Really like it, superb quality.

But lets admit that it is very similar to N.Rodriguez, and SJPs Lovely. Therefore I wouldn't call it original or unique.

*Warning: Those who are not " very outgoing tall blonde english speaking girl who likes to go out a lot" will suffer a deadly reaction to this perfume.
(KD!)

RaeRaeC
RaeRaeC

Really not a fan, but it just doesn't work with my skin. I think it's the honey in it, as I have the same problem with Armani code- I have a full bottle of Elie Saab that I'm not going to use if anyone is interested, no longer have the box, but it will be no use to me and I have only got about 5 sprays out of it!

saguna
saguna

Opening notes are beautiful. How I wish it could stay like that. It's a beautiful classy fragrance with 4-5 hrs longevity, but unfortunately after 30-40 minutes it turns to very similar fragrance to Givenchy Ange Ou Demon, which is a bit too vampire-y for me, sickening.

I don't know if it's me, or anybody else noticed it?
I also feel Lily of Valley, but it's not in the notes...

jedikitty
jedikitty

I just received my Elie Saab mini today and, omg, is this a pretty little gem, or what?
The bottle design is gorgeous.

The fragrance smells rich and sultry, ultra feminine and, for the lack of better descriptor, dignified. Mildly sweet (the honey note), yet not cloying. I get a lot of floral, especially jasmine, but none of the citrus. The rose seems absent. One note I do not like is, I believe, that of patchouli... Or maybe it's the cedar... or the combo of those two, I am not sure but, on my skin (and even just sniffed from the bottle), it smells like sweat, and not of the sexy kind. It's more like a sweat that is turning "ripe", and I'd rather not smell of that. Thankfully, it is just a miniscule hint of it, and it does seem to disappear fairly quickly. The drydown is, on my skin, very pleasant - baby-powdery, with still a hint of honey and flowers, just less intense than what it starts with.
Sillage - close to the skin, lasting power - 4 hrs.

PS. To the reviewer who sees this fragrance as one for a tall, outgoing blonde:
I am currently a platinum blonde (my summer trend), tall, rather introverted so bars are not my thing, but I do have some degrees to my name. Would that do? :)

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I received a tester perfume and body lotion of this today at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. I've never heard of this designer before and thought,what the hey, why not try a spritz after I shower. It's quite nice! I got a hit of a flower which I couldn't place, and I'm still not sure what flower exactly I'm smelling, it's not pure jasmine and not pure rose...so maybe a mixture of the two? Other than the flowerey smell, I cannot pick out any patchouli nor orange. I do like it quite a bit though!

camelias
camelias

I love it. It's feminine and delicate.

scratchnsniff
scratchnsniff

I've only been a member of this forum for a short while, and to be honest, some of you have put me off a lot of fragrances because they were not 'ground breaking' enough.

Why does every fragrance have to be ground breaking? Does everything have to have a zillion notes, or be squeezed out of an Oud's arse for it to be F'Habulous?

I asked my partner to buy me Hermes de Merveilles at the airport. He called me up and said it smelled like aftershave. He also tried a couple of Tom Ford's, Narciso Rodriguez and Guerlain L'Instant. He chose Elie Saab because, he said, 'It was gorgeous'.

As someone who has tried Carnal Flower, and lived through the hype; Elie Saab is lovely...yes I said it; no hyberbole or waxing lyrical.

There are normal people out here reading this stuff. Hopefully they will see through the crappy diatribe.

eleni22
eleni22

A very powerful perfume, it lasts for a long time - on my skin it smells even after 2 days - strong, but not unpleasant.

Jinjanoo
Jinjanoo

I like this but it has a bitterness to it... or maybe it's just like that on me....

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Ah, Elie Saab. The most distinctive floral I have smelt in a very long time. This work of art cannot be worn by just anyone. As beautiful as the creator's haute couture dresses (which are priced from $150,000), this fragrance is reserved for the distinguishing, elegant, and classy. It is for the modern Snow White, a fairy tale in a bottle.

What most people don't know is that both Jasminum sambac from India and Jasminum grandiflorum from Grasse is used in this perfume, a beautiful combination with the neroli and sweet rose. The dry down on me is alright, the patchouli grows stronger and has a somewhat musky flavor to it which, while still nice, isn't as "Elie Saab" as it begins. The longevity and sillage are both very good, can smell it on myself hours after I spray. In general lasts around 7 - 8 hours on, so it's pretty good.

In general it smells very opulent, better than the newer Valentina (Valentino), and much more multidimensional compared to other classic jasmines like Signature (Coach) or Burberry London (Burberry). Overall, impressed.

artemaida

i totally agree with hybiscus it smells rich, a young rich. faubourg smells rich but more classy..not for young woman

artemaida

i like it and find it similar to HERMES FAUBOURG but faubourg has a perfect pyramid. I feel that in elie saab something's missing....it's uncomplete

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

This perfume smells of a rich woman. One that doesn't belong to the trashy "new money" reality t.v. clique of riches (i.e. Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian), nor to the uptight "old money" unreachable clique (Chanel nº 5).

Instead, the Elie Saab rich woman wanders through a garden of orange blossoms and roses pollinated by honeybees, elegant almost regal but fresh and warm.

Delightfully sweet and jammy without being candy-like (thankfully!) and citrus-y sunny, Elie Saab brings a new breeze to the crowd of "rich" perfumes.

juicemaven
juicemaven

Received this one as a gift, remembered from a test months ago. I spritzed this at the duty free and therefore had the pleasure of returning to my wrist again and again on the flight. I loved it, and so did he, and he remembered it. I was delighted to receive this gem. For me it is timeless, but almost a thowback. Anyway, this one evolves on my skin just as the notes are stated. Mainly orange blossoms in the beginning, moving into a floral heart with the honey coming thru. The jasmin and white florals are balanced by the cedar and kissed with honey. Love, love, love it!

Mushana
Mushana

Im impressed by the positive reviews. I may have to retest but it smelt quite awful on me and I got no hint of the honey I was longing for in the dry down.
:-(

mjb28
mjb28

I got a sample today and it blows me away. I love clean and a bit sweet scents. And this, have captured my heart right away. This is a very feminine romantic perfume, there's no doubt about it. It simply have the elegance and allure that I love when I'm wearing it. And what's more? it has the strength that stays for a long time. This is what perfume supposed to be. Just gorgeous! I enjoy every moment wearing it. I just found my new love! A job well done, Elie Saab.

Maeda
Maeda

It is too floral... No fruit at all... Not for me.

pansylady
pansylady

This is a perfectly blended fragrance- orange blossom with just enough patchouli to give it depth and substance-

Very nice debut!

Raina
Raina

I just adore this fragrance. Coming from someone who dispises honey (ie. Armani Code, Tokyo Milk Honey and the Moon) that's saying a lot. The jamsine and the orange flower are blended so sweetly and very feminine. The honey here serves to strengthen both florals and add a very golden and light warmth to the overall feel and sweetness. Altogether a lovely scent and right up my alley with its florals and sweetness.

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(PORTUGUESE)

Na minha pele foi uma decepção; eu esperva tanto deste perfume!!! Nos primeiros 15 minutos ele é fantástico realmente; depois ele fica tão comum, tão 'mais do mesmo', que eu poderia confundi-lo com o Euphoria.
Penso que está faltando criatividade aos perfumistas.

(ENGLISH)

In my skin was a disappointment, I esperva much of this perfume! In the first 15 minutes it really is fantastic, then it becomes so common, as 'more of the same', I might confuse him with Euphoria.
I think creativity is missing the perfumers

Annica
Annica

This is Poison´s well behaved little sister. Equally charming and seductive, but more cautious. Very pretty.

ninie25
ninie25

Un parfum à l'image d'Elie Saab, très classe.
Le mariage fleur d'oranger/jasmin est juste magnifique. Ce sont les notes dominantes de ce parfum mais elles me plaisent beaucoup.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Such a burst of jasmine, orange flower and honey!
LE PARFUM is very sweet. But not cloyingly sweet, nor really gourmand sweet.
Yes, there's honey in there, but it's no real edible honey.
This is such a wonderful, creamy, innocent scent, but also quite sexy and seductive.

The opening is pure jasmine. Sweet, but with this slightly bitter touch to it, like jasmine in tea.
In the drydown the sweet orange flower and the wonderful, onctuous honey melts with the jasmine, creating a beautiful, rich fragrance.
I don't get any rose, and I only get the slight tickle in my nose patchouli can give me, rather then the earthy scent itself.

I must say I do not really like the bottle. I don't think it's ugly or something, it's design just doesn't strike me like some other bottles do.
But I really love the fragrance! I think you can wear it in any season (but be careful for hot summers), it's very sofisticated and chique, but in a very natural and romantic way.
It isn't unique enough to call this a masterpiece, but it is very good.

Denica
Denica

White flowers, honey, cedar?? Where they are? All you can get in this perfume is nothing more than boring watery rose.
Very bad longevity, lasts less of two hours on the skin. For that price i was expecting so much more! I'm absolutely inlove with Elie Saab's fashion, but their scent is totally dissapointment!

I totally agree with scentous review Le Parfum Elie Saab is not groundbreaking or special perfume, just ordinary and familiar scent. It’s fine or OK that’s it.. no more no less.

scentous
scentous

jasmine and orange blossom, with a hint of musk...a soft and "barely there" type perfume..good for young girls or young women.

adhieoprah
adhieoprah

I love the way it smells ... I will adore the women who wears it. I tested it my self and love the way on my girl. perfection

monica0106
monica0106

Long lasting, creamy, blend in harmony,classy...
All seasons favourite:)

lake
lake

It's a beautiful perfume with symphonic notes of flowers lightly finished with an earthy/musky element. It's feminine and sweet.

leboblue
leboblue

I've purchased 4 new fragrances in the last 3 weeks hoping to find the perfect one for my current life situation. Apparently I'm in a 'fickle' stage as only one comes close. I smelled this in a magazine and fell in love. I hope the real thing is as beautiful. Of course I won't return it as I consider my collection just that, love'm or hate'm I just keep on adding! Here's to hoping!

napoleonica
napoleonica

It's a powerful jasmine fragance.It makes you feel happy and glamorous. Very feminine and long lasting.

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

Love it! The jasmine is to die for. Gorgeous. Just the right amount of fragrances in this....not too cloying sweet but so feminine....the orange blossom and the jasmine play upon each other to produce one of the most intriguing perfumes I have ever smelled.

The description says it was selected after 279 samples and the result shows it.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I dig this... jasmine, orange flower, honey, and a little cedar, just to give it spice and personality! It is upscale, feminine, slightly spicy-ish... and verrrry strong. A little goes a long way, but this scent is so upscale that I don't think anyone will mind it. :) There's a bit of a smoky/woody quality that is really beautiful when combined with the jasmine/orange scent. I have to keep going back to the point about this perfume being upscale... the most important thing about a perfume for me is that it NOT smell like cheap chemicals! Well, this one certainly fits my criteria.

andronicos
andronicos

Very classy, very FEMININE, a true beauty.

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

I can see a classy lady with refined tastes wearing this perfume. On the right woman, it can be a very beautiful scent. The top notes are sweet from the orange blossoms, at the heart is jasmine, and then at the base is oud, which is a bitter and sharp-smelling wood, blended with honey to give it a sweet, somewhat green, and bitter smell. (Although oud is not mentioned in the notes, I can definitely smell it). The bitter and sweet qualities remind me of Narcisco Rodriguez for Her.

nush imogen
nush imogen

This reminds me of some Juicy Couture perfumes, maybe little bit more mature. Very floral, rose and patchouli mostly, not bad but i am more of a citrus-y kind of girl :)

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

Strong, flowery and clean. This is my new mature-scent,haha.
Im getting to know le perfume, just not there yet.
Update! Its been 3 months since i wrote this above.
Now, we get along very very well! Went from my mature scent to my chic and casual scent:)

platinum_en_vogue@hotmail
platinum_en_vogue@hotmail

This is a beautiful composition of a fruity floral fragrance. It is rather sweet and long lasting, not sickly by any meens. Dry skins will absorb it easily but don't be afraid of it as it settles nicely and stays on.

LaPetite
LaPetite

At first it makes my think of Narcisso Rodriguez , because of the Orange Bloosom and musk ( though it's not listed here , pretty sure it has some )
But it's much more gentle than Narcisso Rodriguez's .
The combination of 2 of my favorite notes , Jasmine and Orange Bloosom !!! I really love that !
I quite agree with those saying it lacks complexity however . This is such a shame fo such an expensive . That may prevent me from purchasing it .
But beautiul frag still .

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

I don't know why, but there is some note that turns very chemical on my skin. I suspect it's the honey that is giving me trouble :( I LOVED this one in the magazine add, had to buy a small bottle of it (luckily only 10 ml) and I'm very disappointed with it.

stellalove
stellalove

I love this so beautiful but it is so much like today by Avon

Pinni
Pinni

This was the ultimate jasmine scent I was trying to hunt down last autumn. Finally I got to try this one out and it was what I was looking for. For me it was loud and pushy though. I liked the smell but I wasn't sure I would be able to handle it. I couldn't! It turned out to be also an ultimate migraine inducer for me! I think I sprayed a little bit too much on though as I was so intoxicated with the smell. Still had to change clothes when I got home, wash up and I had a horrible migraine in the evening. Since then I've been scared of the scent in the fear of head-aches even though the smell is so nice. Thankfully I don't miss the scent either though. I guess this jasmine managed to satisfy my need for jasmine and now I've moved on to different notes.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

Sprayed this on my skin and pretty at first and then came the let down: warm , musky , scent , smells like the old "dune type scent" , so did not like this at all, oh and this does not smell like Marc Jacobs blush, I have that , it's not close, this is warm and musky !

jonuiuc
jonuiuc

From a man's point of view. Was given this to smell when trying out some Cologne, the salewoman was trying to tempt me into buying this as a gift. Just smelled it on a piece of paper, so I do not associate it with any woman in particular...

My reaction was not immediate, but I kept going back to smell this piece of paper (mind you I'm shopping for myself!) This is one of the best (possibly the best) scent I could imagine a woman wearing. Very, very attractive, not too strong or attention grabbing, but insidiously attractive. I'd buy this for a lady I fancied in a heartbeat.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

OBJECTION:::
This is NOT similar to Blush by Marc Jacobs!!!

Jasmine is the note in common, but Blush is a cool and bitter jasmine whereas ES is strongly honeyed, musky and in your face.

I prefer blush, a way better blend and belongs to a class of its own.

ZELJO

being a big fan of his haute couture line and knowing he,s lebanese I expected an high class strong, full of seduction oriental parfum, and was dying for smelling that but...instead we got a simply decent, westernized parfum not suitable for dry skins...hope he releases something REALLY lebanese anytime soon..

kwarnst
kwarnst

A sophisticated, ultra-feminine fragrance.
The scent opens with a very quick splash of orange blossom, which disappears very quick on my skin and is taken over by an overpowering jasmine.
I find the heartnotes too overpowering and even disturbing. Too much jasmine gives me a headache, which happened testing this fragrance. The honey note is also too sharp and chemical at this stage in the fragrance’s development.
The drydown is much nicer, warmer, more elegant, well balanced. The harsh jasmine and honey are toned down and are well blended with patchouli and cedar, which give the fragrance a more woody character.

The bottle is chique and elegant. Great sillage, good lastingpower.

RoRoSe

TOOOO MUCH JASMINE ,, PURE JASMINE as air fresher mixed with honey ..
very tender for a bride or very shy girl donnu if this is what elie saab was thinking about while creating this !

The sillage & lasting power are HUGE ..

Nice one,, but for sure not for me at all !

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

This perfume has prominent cedar but I can't smell much of the white flowers. The cedar is so pronounced, to me, that it reminds me of putting new bedding into a pet cage. There is a background smell to the cedar that seems like wet, just-applied, Beautiful by Este Lauder, to me. And there is a profound sweetness also coming through, like blue raspberry candy. This perfume fails to thrill me because the cedar is too pronounced.

Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Hate is a strong word. I absolutely HATE this perfume. Maybe it smells better on other skins but to me it smells horrifyingly sweet with an unpleasant bitter edge and very chemical.

Reminds me a bit of Tresor, but cheaper and nastier smelling.

Really disappointed as I'm a sucker for anything orange blossomy but I can't smell that, or jasmine, and the honey note which is overwhelming on the dry down smells synthetic.

If Glade made a honey and floral air freshener, I imagine it would smell a lot like this. Yuk!

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

It´s elegant and sexy , good for special occasions. Unfortunetly price is not so nice:/

Elie Saab is a crisp, clean and delicate floral bouquet. During Spring especially, I find myself craving scents such as this one. This fragrance's composition is simplistic yet beautiful, the main focus being feminine white florals presented in a way that is refreshing, classic and elegant.

A fragrance doesn't always have to be complex to be noticed and Elie Saab proves this. The opening is a subtle yet captivating blend of jasmine, lily and orange blossom. A dash of honey makes a quick appearance in the heart, sweetening the scent only ever so slightly.

Elie Saab is a very refined fragrance in both composition and personality. I can certainly see how this fragrance has gained so many fans in such a short amount of time since being released.

The drydown is a rather discreet blend of smooth woodsy notes with the slightest hint of patchouli and rose. The patchouli note was more clean smelling than earthy. Actually the scent overall could be described as clean and soapy.

The lasting power was quite good, along with moderate sillage, although it could have perhaps been a tiny bit stronger. The best seasons for Elie Saab would have to be Spring and Summer, as this fragrance makes me think of fresh blooms in a country garden on a beautiful, sunny day.

Silvery
Silvery

I was pretty sure that this perfume contained lily of the walley. I don't know whether I'm the only one, I was a bit lazy to read all the reviews :D
Maybe it's a little unoriginal indeed, but who cares? In this case I don't, altough I usually look for unique ones. A perfume could be beautiful itself, without being new in all aspects (base, hearth, head, advertising, packaging etc etc).
Maybe the cause I like this one is that my friend wears this, who is a very determined, agile, and suitable dentist who owns and leads a dental clinic. It's very interesting, how a flowery scent could be so powerful and radiating on her. Soooo amazing :D

Nell_
Nell_

I know very little about the nuances of perfume (though god knows I have enough of them!) all I can say really is that the first time I smelled this perfume it made me happy, and has done every time I've ever used it since -my favourite perfume hands down. Sweet but not too sweet, and delicious orange blossom and jasmine tones 9though not overpowering)

It's expensive though, so only really for special occasions, I use my massive tester bottle of Versace signature for everyday -except of course when I need an instant mood boost!

sweet desires
sweet desires

Fell in love from the first sniff in air..sadly smells too storng, compressed on my skin-and doesn´t open up even in hours. So sad! Couldn´t buy it. But maybe the body-loiton.

yomokoto
yomokoto

Dear Ladies - only one Nose (Solo - respect ever!) says that it -"Smells like a carbon copy of Ysatis by Givenchy". Bingo!!! Noses lost his Instincts.
Anyway - a old miniature of Ysatis is 1000 Times better, as this synthetically deo!

How to make this perfume at home - take an Ysatis Miniature, add an equal part of Finnish Vodka and some mineral water from Switzerland! Wait till Gas Bubbles leaves the mix and you have it:)

Lumiere
Lumiere

Very feminine perfume, lasted on my blotter so long. Dry down a bit musky and powdery-reminded so much of Narcisso Rodrigues pink for her. Will compare the two next time.

odor Mania
odor Mania

Very nice and classy scent. I think the time is comparable to other famous classic fragrances. A floral perfume is called for, but I think this is the oriental lines are squeezed, especially the first. Smells soft and sweet smell in general, jasmine, orange blossom and honey made from. Quality and elegant fragrance ...

pixiepuff
pixiepuff

Tried this out today at lunchtime. It is a very sweet floral jasmine and reminded me strongly of a Lush bathbomb (not sure which one - sexbomb? - haven't used Lush for a long time) so for that reason I'm not feeling it. The drydown is very soft and feminine and I can pick out the honey which is nice. But still smells of Lush to me! Very floral though, like fresh flowers.

luv2swim
luv2swim

I have had this perfume for about a month, but have been reluctant to post a review, simply because I remain unclear if I love, or loath this scent.

On my skin, a predominate smell is similar to the small yellow flowers on acacia shrubs found in Southern California, which I believe is the species A. farnesiana. I did a bit of research and discovered that the oil from these flowers is reportedly used "for perfumery in France". These flowers have a musty odor, and I would say their fragrance is not on my list of scents I like most. But then there is also that blast of orange blossom that smells amazingly similar to the orange blossoms now blooming in my yard. This morning I sprayed Elie Saab on my forearm, let it dry down for about 40 minutes, and went to sniff orange blossoms on one of my trees. Orange blossoms- sniff, sniff. Wrist with Elie Saab Le Parfum fragrance - sniff, sniff. Wow! This fragrance really captured the orange blossoms nearly exactly! I know there is supposed to be jasmin in this fragrance, but when compared with blossoms on an orange tree, I felt that was the only white flower coming forward.

On my skin, there was also a lovely honey and rose scent that is playfully elusive for the first hour. I actually wish this were a bit more pronounced as I think it is lovely.

After more dry down, I found my self closely sniffing my bare forearm, and noticed that the orange flower subsides a the white flower scent began to mix in. I can not say it smelled precisely like jasmin, but it seemed to soften the orange flowers into something very lovely that allowed the rose to become a tiny bit more pronounced. The cedar continued to sprinkle through in a most gentle manner. Unfortunately, that acacia is still lurking. I just do not like it! The nose to brain conversations goes like this:

Oh.. nice.. NICE! Orange blossom - white flower (maybe that tiny jasmine flower), and rose, and honey, and cedar ... OH I AM LIKING THIS! ... swoon, swoon ... ACK! What is that stench? It smells like an old leather purse with dentures in it! ... ack - ack. OOooooooo... nice, orange/rose/honey/cedar ...ah. Ack, ack... (repeat).

Because I am so "bi-polar" on this fragrance, I sought the inputs of some friends (one of whom makes boutique tropical fragrances). Two men said the scent was not bad. Not good. "Interesting". One favorite man remarked "I am not sure if I like that on you, or not. Let me smell your skin up close again" (sniff sniff). "Kind of nice ... I do not know. Different."

My female friends judgements were equally bemused. No one loved it on me. But, no one said "NO WAY... SCRUB IT OFF NOW!". No one complained of headache, or watering eyes, or wanting to stay an increased distance from me! (some perfumes I have owned do have this impact on others).

Of possible interest: My friend who makes/sells boutique tropical scents suggested I try layering another light scent on top of Le Parfume to see if the musty smell might be neutralized on my skin. She went through my perfume collection and returned with Pradas Infusion de Tuberose, (which I do not find to be very tuberose-ish), then single sprayed this on top of a 2 hour dry down Elie Saab. With-in 5 minutes, that acacia flower over-ride was gone. What resulted was something that everyone on my "sniff this, tell me what you think" circuit of friends, said was better than either Prada Tuberose, or Elie Saab alone produced.
!!!

bvrchi
bvrchi

I really love this perfume. It's a very sweet jasmine and other flora note. I've never smell it on my skin but the paper test. If it good this will be my next jasmine perfume from my bvlgari mon jasmin noir. it's not good for me.

yastii
yastii

If you love Lanvin Rumeur 2 Rose, then you will love this. At first, the smell might be too strong, but after a while the scent is getting better and even better also florally softer. The jasmine is strong yet there's few of rose. I suggest this to be worn in the evening as it has such an elegant scent that gives you an instant feel of beauty, very feminine and sophisticated. I think this perfume pretty much reflects Elie Saab gorgeous dresses :) must-have perfume for those who are addicted to rose scents!

sugar_sweet
sugar_sweet

If you are about to awake your inner godess, sensuous, self-confident and alluring as well, then this is what you should use. Love it!

I am a sucker for orange blossom and honey perfumes. The issue is that since I purchased Fekkai's Sensuelle, nothing can compare. Elie Saab seemed to have serious potential, although I knew it lacked the sandalwood and complexity of Fekkai's creation and would therefore smell lighter. For the first 5 minutes, I was in heaven. But after that, it just smelled like a very common bar of soap, not the fancy triple-milled French stuff. It even had that weird smell that cheap soap has, a slightly bitter, plastic-like edge. Sadly, this is a big no no for me.

thistledew2
thistledew2

I didn't know much about Elie Saab and just stumbled across Le Parfum as I was browsing the perfume counter. The majority of the fragrances I've tried in the past twenty years turn to a toxic soup on my skin, with the exception of Les Nuits d'Hadrien (AG), and a few Jo Malone citrus blends.

I wasn't expecting much from Elie Saab, though I was grabbed by the immediate burst of orange blossom. Two hours later, and my husband said "Which one is that? It smells great on you." It did. It was elegant, feminine, and not sweet or sugary. Well, he bought it for me and a week later I am still impressed. It starts out with the lovely orange blossom and jasmine combination, then mellows out to honey, cedar and patchouli. I can't say I've ever smelled anything exactly like it... my sister-in-law wore Ysatis for years and I don't smell any similarities to the Elie Saab.

It's rare for me to come across something (other than Annick Goutal or Jo Malone) that doesn't either disappear or go skunky on my skin. I am in love. It's refreshingly different from the overpowering sweet flowerbombs out there, and perfect for someone who wants a simple, elegant and unexpected fragrance. It feels very organic to me, not at all chemical or cheap.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I tested this perfume and immediately I knew I had smelled this before smells like Ysatis which I used to wear when I was a teenager just like Solo said in his review. Big white floral very 80's with great staying power and silage. I don't like big florals too much so I'll stay away from this one. But this is definitely worth a try if this is your type of scent. Not for the the teen it's a more mature scent 40's and up IMO

violetta1975
violetta1975

I totally love this perfume! I am not a jasmin fan and I cannot even smell a lot of jasmin in elie saab. What I smell is something intense and obsessing, yet wearable passionate fragrance. I want to smell my skin all the time when i wear it. And it lasts for a very long time. After 1-2 hours it turns into a warm, creamy spicy sweetness that reminds me a little of Coco madmoiselle. I simply love it!!

whiten
whiten

quite citrusy,with a touch of honey and flowers, to my nose on my skin... lasting power seems very poor though, sadly. like it a bit,but not sure if I love it. quite nice and wearable though. nice,overall.

Tulip211
Tulip211

Uplifting and elegant. I think this would be nice to wear while I teach. Honey, orange flower and Patchouli in the background...lovely.

sabiwasabi
sabiwasabi

i love this very much i just had this parfume for my birthday and i love it soft sweet flower very feminin and warm i also have the shower and body creme still have to try them together for a longer scent experience.finally a flower perfume that works on my skin...I think the patchouli makes me love the fragrance.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

This review is for the original EDP.

I like it, don't love it. The honey note is a little too sharp for my taste, it turns just a little too sour on me. If your skin likes honey notes, this is really lovely. To get the pure scent with no changes, it's lovely sprayed on clothing, if you don't mind that.

Be aware the staying power SUCKS on skin. The orange blossom and jasmin combo is truly divine in this formulation, and they're at their best on clothing, IME

The more I smell this perfume the more I feel it wearable, clean but feminine, modern and quite sociable. It stick out of the big crowd of average scents that are so common nowadays, so that people usually find them both "sexy" in a non-descriptive way AND re-assuring as an acquired taste.
Elie Saab is one of the best one among this crowd.
Wearing Le Parfum is a pleasant way to feel confortable, feminine sensual (not sexual) and not too over the lines in an average environment, i.e. workplaces, informal cocktails with collegues or a coy date.Nothing upsetting, nothing disturbing, no heaven, not even cheap hell. For sure it smells like a modern lady scent with beautiful orange flowers and a vague hint of mustiness which adds an old time scent revisited.
Not offensive at all in my book, my bf cannot stand it.

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

This smelled nice and floral for the first 2 mins. Afterwards, it turned into an awful soapy smell on my skin. I've never known my skin to turn a white floral fragrance in a soapy chemical mess, but this one sure did! My husband even said it smelled like shampoo on me...

Ghassan
Ghassan

too much floral, but elegant

blueviolet
blueviolet

Smells really sweet of honey to me, in a nice way. My partner loves it. Anyone else thinks it smells a bit like red door velvet from Elizabeth Arden?

KEW
KEW

Strong pure orange blossom and nothing else.

letbythenose
letbythenose

I found it a very pleasant perfume: flowery, reach, has a presence.

leenie1989
leenie1989

I was pleasantly surprised by this! On my skin, it starts off as a blast of orange blossom, then settles down to a sweet orangey honey. The rose and jasmine are less pronounced on me, but float in the background and really complement the sweet orange and honey. Longevity is good, been wearing it for 9 hours now and can still smell it! Sillage is also excellent for the first few hours, then it becomes more of a skin scent. I think it is a very lovely fragrance, delicate yet strong, sweet but not cloying. Would definitely recommend it!

MISStella
MISStella

jasmine based fragrance that it best described as white scent very floral and the dry down does not hold any surprise puerly floral with the hint of honey basically jasmine and rose all the way.. it does not represent the luxurious designs and the expectation of elies name sake fragrance..not a bad fragrance ,good maybe but not great

Les parfumes de l'orient
Les parfumes de l'orient

You should not set your expectations high for Le Parfum. It will not impress you as much as Elie's heavenly dresses. When I see the name Elie Saab on the perfume botttle, I could not wait to close my eyes and leave all my senses to experience what magic could come out of it. It is certainly a nice smell but nothing extraordinary, special or classy. It is a perfume for a "simple" yourself, an easy choice when all you want is just to smell nice but nothing more. It also disappointed me with its staying power. Although I used it with shower gel and body lotion, after one hour I had to reapply. I think we need to wait for another trial from Elie for Mediterrenean sophistication, mystery and passion in a bottle!

truffles

Clean. Warm without being cloying. A comfortable wear. If you are a jasminey/tuberosey/orange blossomy type person, you should like this. Update: I'm liking this more and more. It's luminous. :)

boxsocial
boxsocial

absolutely love it! very elegant and classy. it translates wonderfully across all ages; at 20 i was a bit worried it might be too mature but that really isnt the case and i cant get enough of it. worth every penny.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

A very elegant and ladylike fragrance, however, there's something about it that leaves me underwhelmed.
I much prefer the opening of this - the flowers blend seamlessly, smelling bright and on the freshly-picked side. As the perfume settles a little more, the jasmine takes over (which is still pleasant, if you like jasmine-bomb like Alien) with maybe a hint of rose.
It's the dry down that bothers me. It lasts forever, but it gets so heavy and thick. The patchouli and honey-like syrup overpowers everything else to my nose. Oh well, I can still appreciate that this is a well done and high quality scent though.

fefi
fefi

absolutely femenine,delicious and soo sexy..

Cams
Cams

What a great start as a first fragrance. It's fresh, feminine and wafts around you in a beautiful way. The dry down is sensous and dreamy. This will get you compliments.

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

I won't lie.. this perfume makes me excited. The fact that it is not at all like the sugar bombs of the last decade, and has some refinement makes me that hope we are stirring in the right direction.

As for the perfume: This is jasmine and rose, with some patchouli in it to give it some personality. Then it is enveloped by the warmth and creaminess of honey. The rose itself is what solidifies its "classiness" I think. I don't love but I don't dislike it. The reason why I don't like it more is because it is missing some "spice". Otherwise, I wouldn't mind wearing this on its own. I think though this is more for a woman that grew up with the sugar bombs of the last decade, or wants to try their "freshness" without losing face. A great way to transition in to more "mature" or "ladylike" for those who love the sugar bombs. Very feminine, very ladylike and elegant. Just missing a bit of whimsy in opinion. I love Elie Saab's evening wear because it manages to be all this, but he is known on occasion to send out a dramatic stunner. This then, would represent his wedding dresses instead. Romantic, chic and very modern, with a dash of tradition. Overall, a great white floral with none of the sharpness, not a bad designer's first. Can't wait for his other stuff.

Creolecat
Creolecat

Le Parfum Elie Saab reminds me of a scent you would wear as a young woman discovering perfume and trying to find your signature scent – a lot of trial and error and growing. This is too juvenile for me and makes me headachy. Cheers to those who can wear it, though.

missymary
missymary

I was delighted when on a recent trip to Barcelona I came across a big Elie Saab display in the Cortes Ingles store. Kalloo kallay, oh frabjous day, a new perfume with all the right ingredients for a white flower fan! I tested liberally and the shop assistants were charming.

Well it was very good, but not the bomb I had hoped for. It opened beautifully, with subtle yet rich floral top notes, and it settled down to a honeyed warmth. But it didn't make me rush to buy it. It was pretty expensive and I have others on my waiting list that are way ahead of this one, but if I was given it as a gift I would accept it gladly! A nice comforting perfume but not a compelling one.

OVincze
OVincze

This is my favorite perfume at the moment, it was a close tie between this and Love, Chloe and I totally love both but I think that Elie Saab Le Parfum wins narrowly. Both have orange flower but the orange flower in the Elie Saab is much more prominent yet the other notes are too. While not a perfume of too many notes the composition is gorgeous and just perfect, after all look at Diorissimo, simplicity sometimes nails perfection on the head. Not to say that Le Parfum is simple, it is far from that but it is due to the composition more than the individual notes or the number of notes in it. I never thought I would like it but it is simply irresistable, orange flower, jasmine, honey warming it up along with cedar and some rose making it another ultra feminine fragrance. Le Parfum was created to reminisce light and it sure captured the essence of light, an explosion on a beautiful day at the meditarrean, I can imagine wearing this on a sunny but cool breezy day or an evening occasion. A very different creation and immensely passionate and an ode to not only light but also life. If you have one of those days when you really need something to cheer you up, lighten up your moods, this perfume will definitely do that. Not a crowd pleased due to its passionate, intense nature but for those with sophisticated, gourmand taste in life.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is just ok. Nothing special nothing that hasn't been done before. It is a tad too floral for me but I do like the woody notes that are left after the dry down a bit.

vivik
vivik

To me Le Parfum smells like a cross between Idylle and probably both Narcisos with and added note of wild strawberry - that´s not listed but I get it there.....that note kind of lingers there forever, slightly irritaing, but generally not bad at all....

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I am testing Elie Saab for the first time and i wish i could say that i love it or that i am impressed. Neither of two happenned.
"Le parfum" is good on my skin but unfortunately just this.
Floral for sure, close too skin, top notes little too citrus and thats all.
I am trying to find the "femme fatale" side of this fragrance but it is too flat on me.
I searched for its price and i don't think i would buy it.
When i saw the bottle i thought that i would smell something more impressive...

Solo
Solo

Disappointment... This supposed to be a promising debut of Elie Saab. Smells like a carbon copy of Ysatis by Givenchy

taboo2287
taboo2287

Opens up with orange blossom (which i love) then turns into flowery scent, it reminds me of Estee Lauder private collection tuberose Gardenia the are so alike, it's such a soft elegant an feminine fragrance just like Elie Saab Couture, at least when someone asks you: what are you wearing? u give them a bitc*y look and say: Elie Saab ;)

natefifield
natefifield

Undiluted feminine. Balance and strength on very high heels. A traditional floral bouquet transformed with an injection of technicolor orange and bathed in rich honey.

While it is very strong, the balance of the mix keeps it from becoming overpowering. The feminine floral always predominates and rules over the concoction with consistent order.

For a mature, smart and stylish woman.

623debbie
623debbie

First few seconds I thought mmm, nice. Then it turned into something very strong and sickly. I couldn't wait to get it off! Even after soap and water this one still lingers, yuck!

cookieal
cookieal

it s a very nice, clean, sofisticated, flowery, chic perfume..

very nice promotion and design, what a pitty i already have it for so many years now...

it is IDENTICAL to PALAZZO FENDI, which i have and like...

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

I would like to make the apology of Elie Saab... I agree that it is not very original. But do you need to be original to be beautiful and classy? This is one of those fragrances that make you feel a classy and seductive woman. But you don't necessarily have to look sophisticated to be so...
Elie Saab is orange flower and jasmine. Class and simplicity drapped in honey. Just beautiful.

Lady Odeur
Lady Odeur

Le parfum is a soft floral bouquet. Feminine, ladylike but not unique. Jasmine is the dominating note.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

The first scent of Elie Saab.Feminine and incredibly long lasting!A sunny bouquet of jasmine,orange flower,and rose,dipped in honey.The dry down is more powdery, less floral,still picking up the honey note with a slight hint of soap.I think it`s perfect for a long weekend,or evening out.Maybe a little concentrated for the office.

WorkinGal
WorkinGal

I loved the perfume when I tested it instore when hubby was buying me birthday perfume. I still love the smell for the first hour or two then the smell dissapears completely. I feel that Elie Saab fragrance is way too expensive and definately not value for money. I am actually quite dissappointed
:-(

Eleiria
Eleiria

I adore Elie Saab's creations. They're so elegant, so soft and flowing and complement the female body. So with the perfume, I expected to feel another dimension to complete that image. Well, for the first 45 minutes I got what I was looking for. It was a smooth elixir of white flowers; elegant, naive, clean and soft, just like his style. There was a slightly soapy feeling lurking behind the flowers and even though it wasn't disturbing, the fragrance definitely could do without it. And another lurker was patchouli. I see some users below commented that Le Parfum smells like a men's cologne. Well, patchouli makes it. Unfortunately, it's more common that patchouli ruins a good perfume than making it a great one. In here, I found the patchouli note to be too overpowering for such a delicate perfume. After the first 45 minutes, all I could smell was soapy patchouli. And it's not feminine at all.

All in all, I liked Le Parfum's beginning yet I wouldn't use it because I don't like the lingering smell on my skin. Still, I'm very hopeful for Elie Saab's next fragrance!

Red Rose

I envy those who got soapy clean dry down. It's very sweet to my nose, maybe I should try it on my skin next time.

sablebombe
sablebombe

On my skin it is a big slap in the face of white flowers then settles down to a soapy mid-note and fades away to not much at all. I'm not finding any of the basenotes at all and I'm seriously pushed to find any honey! Disappointed!

I thought it opened like Intimately Beckham - so I did a paper test and then a wrist test - they are exceptionally similar with similar longevity, the only difference I can smell is that IB is marginally sweeter - but that seems to me to be the only difference!

I'm less than impressed that Francis Kurkdjian is the 'nose' (he hates that word) behind this - to me it smells like a Coty knock out!

Way too expensive for what it is but I suspect it will be a sale perfume in the not too distant future! I think mine is destined for eBay!

Henriette
Henriette

In the '80es this could have been one of the many ovewehelming scents so much in vogue, nowadays it's surpassed and sickening. It's so strong that you could faint and, mind you, I am a fan of strong perfumes but this one is just too much in the wrong direction.

charlottesmom

I originally liked this until I tried my sample again the other day on a whim, it made me so sick! It was just to overpowering and stomach turning. I will hang onto my sample and see if was just having a bad day but I'm thinking it's the jasmine that makes me ill as Alien did the same thing to me (though I did love Alien for almost a year before it grossed me out)...

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

Disgusting, I thought it smelt incredibly masculine. Such a shame because the bottle is beautiful and the notes sounded promising. May have to smell again, but I wasnt impressed first sniff :/

fashionistakim
fashionistakim

When I first smelled the fragrance card I thought it had the most beautiful orange blossom, white flower and jasmine scent to it. But once applied to my skin the cedar and patchouli really kicked in. It actually reminds me of Gucci 3.

alicerombi

Well, I have to change my mind about Elie Saab. My first impression was of deceiving perfume, now I love It and wear It very often!It's a beautiful, chic and well constructed perfume, only thing is that on my skin it's not so long lasting. I think It's a perfect perfume for a dinner or a night out, It makes me feel comfortable and seductive, well done Elie Saab!

TankGirl
TankGirl

Elie Saab perfume is nice. I dont personaly enjoy it but my mom instantly said "Get me this for Christmas!!!!" and she is not at all a perfume person.
It reminds me of Alien mixed with a strange palydoh note, its also somewhat similar with Victoria and David Beckham Intimatly Night, al least the playdoh note is there!
Its definatly a chic fragrance, very bright and floral, I dont think its original and very womanly, but its airy enough and secure to use it with those goooooorgeaus Saab's gowns (oh I wish I had one....I wonder if one of our spoiled brat-members has one dress from Saab!)
Back to the perfume, well I can notice the orange blossom, but for some reason my nose gets tuberose and a subtle peony, am I crazy?
Well in resume: bright, floral, fresh, sweet, modern and good for a lady climbing the 30'!
Still, if I has a gown from Saab I would never ever in this world wear this perfume, so I'm a tiny little bit disapointed!
I will buy this for you anyway mom!

prosen
prosen

Just bought Elie Saab perfume today. I could not leave the store without it-- is just gorgeous. I will leave the knowledgeable analysis of top notes to others--just thrilled about such a lovely discovery.

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

Mmmmm! This smells just like a bouquet of "sampaguita" (a.k.a. Arabian Jasmine), the national flower of the Philippines! Whenever my parents would take me to the Philippines to visit our relatives, I remember smelling sampaguita wreaths that were sold on the roadside and this smells so much like them I want to cry with nostalgia! I can't believe that I like this so much because I usually hate florals but this smells absolutely lovely. This fragrance is classy, chic, feminine, and soft- a heavenly floral that doesn't punch people in the face when you walk into the room. Oh, it's so pretty, I have to have it!

P.S. The dress featured in the ad campaign for this perfume is just GORGEOUS... Elie Saab is amazing!

anneleahd
anneleahd

I have just bought it. It is so silky and at the same time flowery. The White honey provides a sweet note but understated. It is balanced, elegant and alluring.
I love it!!! And the lasting power is superb.

CzKnight963
CzKnight963

beautiful !! the lasting power is amazing (of course, it's eau de perfume), but seriously, i sprayed twice in the morning, and i can still smell faint on my hand before i go to sleep, and i do take a shower. i can't explain the smell in expert-like terms (peppery, floral, minty etc.), but on me, it smell warm, and i recommend it for winter.. also wear when go on a romantic date. that's it ! it's ROMANTIC.

Timetoski
Timetoski

Every now and then I smell a litle honey and I like that, but whatever is on top of it I find awful and my husband made me leave the room.

querelle
querelle

Underneath the huge white flowers ,there is the heart of Le Classique (Jean Paul Gaultier) beating.. Which is not a bad thing, it's just a floral version of it.

PS: Champac flower is going to be the next best thing in contemporary perfumery.

onyeodumu
onyeodumu

The fragrance is magical, classy and once perceived you never forget the smell. I consider the smell unforgettable which represent my kind of woman. It kind of reminds me of Thierry Mugler's Alien. You will never regret buying a bottle for yourself. This is at par with his beautiful creations.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

Gorgeous fragrance. It's unpretentious, yet at the same time the scent makes a statement. It smells like a dazzling fashion show in late Spring/early Summer - ready to captivate all who encounter it.

Also smells like a not so pungent version of Narciso Rodriguez

melia
melia

Very bold, big and white - but not in a '80ies or versace blond kind of way, it's very modern. A bit of bitter neroli and lots of jasmin; not a very original combination but in this fume it works out very womanly (feminine is too soft to describe it) and fits the gorgeous dress-designs of Elie Saab extremely well. Not for little girls, it has extreme elegance and allure. Like it a lot!

Whit
Whit

I just smelled this very recently and it is a feminine frag. Normally I would stay away from such a scent, but this one I like. To me, it smells very happy and classic too. I would probably wear it year round even though I marked spring/summer above. I don't know if I'll purchase it anytime soon, but who knows. While it doesn't smell extraordinary, it's still very nice and sophisticated smelling. So, another winner in my book.

Manya3
Manya3

Although patchouli is not my thing at all, I must admit this is a beautiful fragrance, very much like Elie Saab's evening gowns - flowy and uber-feminine!

To my nose, it is similar to Jesus Del Pozo IN WHITE, but much more elegant and a better achievement as a whole.

I wish the flowers lasted longer, because the musky- patchouli base is for patchouli lovers only, even though it's light, it's still a good lasting strong skinscent.

delphine67
delphine67

Opens with lots of orangeflower and honey.
The drydown is soft with the jasmine and patchouli.
For me its a very classic scent.

cindo45
cindo45

I just got my bottle of E.S. and the only thing that I am disappointed in is the time that it lasts - NOT VERY LONG! But while it is on - It smells Wonderful! I do beleive that I will where this in the fall/winter as I don't thing it is a springy/summerery scent. It is a little heavy, but I do like it. It is sexy and I think that it can be worn daytyime and nightime. If you were expecting, like me. a floral romantic scent - then this one is NOT for you, but do give it a try b/c the "woodsy" is very slight and this perfume is def. a good one and a keeper!

magda14012
magda14012

I am afraid I am no hooked at all. I had high expectations as I love ES dresses, so delicate and feminine. Unfortunately, when I tried it on my hols in Mallorca I could only smell jasmine and then... cat`s pee. I could not stand this scent. Tried it 3 times and each of them ended in disaster. I am wondering if hot weather had anything to do with it.
So far, no go for me.

Karenin
Karenin

Elie Saab´s "Le Parfum" is an ultrafeminine scent for a self-assured yet sensitive woman. This is a joyous and ageless fragrance in perfect tune with Saab´s aesthetic. I´m hooked!

beatrix75

i must wreate again about, first time my really love ,after i useing fron 3 days i feel the orange flower its dominatet end its good then come out the jasmin and honey rose vich its amazing,its very clean noty a siroup fragrance,its vidouth words.... vell elie congratulation!!!!! you madeit the best ever for me !!!!!longeviti?????you never find something like this even next day you can smell!!!!!10+/10

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Sophisticated offering, the quality beats most mainstream scents at the moment, but this stuff smells almost EXACTLY like SJP's 'Lovely'. I would buy that as it can be had cheaply in comparison, though the Elie Saab bottle is nice and weighty.
It is a beautiful scent, fresh, ethereal, romantic and feminine without being syrupy or harsh, albeit that it's too much of a dupe of Lovely in my humble opinion. I think traditional men would love this stuff for a date perfume. My hubby really likes 'Lovely' and I know he'd like this. Sillage and longevity are good.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Beautiful, classic scent. My husband always say I smell nice when I wear it. Truly feminine, but also very fresh. One of my absolute favorites.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a fresh-as-the-real-thing floral fragrance, with a great burst of African Orange flower in the opening with a very sweet honey. The jasmine makes an appearance as a softening note, but does not overtake the African Orange flower at all. The dry down is a floral graced cedar. This is extremely feminine, as expected from the brand and is a very vibrant true and floral. Very good sillage, lasting power decent, 4-5 hours.

beatrix75

i have and i am very happy to this litle dream its my OMG its so much good in any vays and so ooooo long lasting ,no more dubt its best

Anissa
Anissa

I tried this today. There`s a lot of jasmine and honey in the beginning and it`s quite strong. After 3 hours the patchouli is coming more through and it turns more earthy and soft than in ihe beginning. Still it`s very honeyish.There`s the same softness that you can find in Narciso Rodriques For Her EDP and also in Rumeur which are also created by Francis Kurkdjian.

This is a very good scent and lasting power is incredible.I still think that it`s quite mature scent,personally (at the age of 33) I cannot find situations where to use this. For office wear it`s just too much and for the evening I need something more dramatic. This keeps me think about Catherine Deneuve or some other middle aged beauty.IMO this woud suit better for +50 ladies for daywear.

Moflis
Moflis

Nice fragrance, but for me its nothing new, it smells similar to Narciso Rodgriguez For Her.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Elie Saab starts with a scorching blast--and I mean a fire-hose-high-pressured BLAST--of orange flower and honey, with an itty-bitty bit of jasmine lurking in the background. It takes quite a bit of time (half an hour+) to calm down, and even then I'm not sure if it's because it has truly calmed or my nose has somehow gotten used to it. I'll stick with 24 Faubourg's restrained elegance for my orange blossom fix, as Elie Saab is definitely trying too hard to be a lady and screaming at everyone to pay attention to her.

Cookie2
Cookie2

Agree with the review by Orchid 84 - spot on! Spraying this perfume on and smelling it on me just makes me feel really happy! Can't say that about many perfumes.

beatrix75

its the very best long lasting parfym ever and jasmin vith orange 100%superb creation!!!!!!

Jafer
Jafer

روعه لا يطوفكمك عطر جدا جميل وراقي ويبقي علي البشره مناسب للربيع ممممممم

passionata20
passionata20

Like some others here before i have tried it few days ago on a paper blot and i really liked it. Fresh, flowerly and joyful - that´s was my reaction. I was also really surprised that it lasted very long and stayed as fresh on the paper the next day as it was sprayed recently. Thought he smell has changed a bit and reminded me of "Alien" a bit, but it wasn´t that bad. So i decided to spray it on my skin next time. I really regret it now. Yes, at first it is so full of jasmine and orange flower it is really nice, but then it became mostly patchouli only on my skin. With a lot of honey. the smell was so intoxicated it has ruined very much my mood and my day. I was really desperate to wash it off. Really reminded me of an "Alien", how it reacts with my skin in a bad way. So it is really strange because i like this on the paper but hate it on my skin sadly. It leaves me undecided whether to tag it Like or dislike.....
P.S. Staying power is absolutely great!!!

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

Unfortunately this turns into a heady Jasmin concoction mixed with sweet headache inducing honey on me. Then the dry down is unspectacular and still sickening. It isn't boring and at the beginning it did smell sunny and warm, it just went out of control on my skin afterwards. I will have to pass, but I am sure someone out there will appreciate it. I love the opening because it has african orange flower! Its so beautiful , its a pity that Jasmin has to ruin it for me!!!
UPDATE: This has amazing staying power on me, isn't it always that way with perfumes that rub you the wrong way. I washed it off or so I thought, still going strong.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I tried this on card and I liked it - the jasmine/ orange blossom thing was not too sweet and had a smooth suede like 'feeling'. On skin I was sadly disappointed I thought it would bloom with the warmth and become richer and more complex but instead it fell apart into wet, drab anonimous flowers and faded away. I did not get any honey at all and thought what a wasted opportunity. It could/should have been something really special, a fragrance as glamorous and beautiful as his fabulous dresses not a sad small thing like this.

Red Rose

Candied jasmine? orange blossom? so confusing :(
It smells very similar to prada orange flower but under the heat of my nose when I sniff the stripe it smell candied like jasmine & candy together. I guess it could be suitable for fall/winter more than spring/summer due to the weird candy note that I detect in this under the heat.

sameera
sameera

Fragrance without distinction
I was shocked at the negative experience
Fragrance does not suit the name Elie Saab

sapphire73
sapphire73

I saw this perfume in my local department store today, i'd never heard of the designer before so i thought i'd spray it on the piece of card. The first thing i could smell was jasmine then i could smell what i thought must be aniseed or fennel but it's not in the ingredients & i haven't seen anyone else comment on it, so it must be my nose. I must admit i really like it, its's unusual but soft. I love jasmine & patchouli so i will be trying it on my skin the next time i see it and hope that my chemistry likes it as much as my nose!

orchid_84
orchid_84

Elie Saab Le Parfum is a gorgeous composition of honey and white florals. Beautifully simple and elegant.

The central note in this is the sweet white honey. It blends wonderfully with the heady scents of orange blossom, jasmine and rose. Light cedar and a hint of patchouli come out in the base. This is a sweet, romantic, gentle fragrance. It feels pure and simple but sensuous as well. It's mature and womanly but not stuffy. I can't imagine wearing this scent while dressed casually, because it feels so elegant. I would have to reserve it for days and nights when I am a little more "dressed up."

You definitely need to be a jasmine lover to enjoy this fragrance. In the first hour or so after application it has that big, intense jasmine note in it the same way that Alien does, although they are two very different fragrances overall.

One spray of this lasts at least several hours (very good on my skin). The sillage is lovely; you will definitely notice a beautiful aura of honey and florals surrounding you. The bottle and the ad campaign are gorgeous and are very much in accordance with the scent.

jodee
jodee

Smelled this today, rich, elegant and radiant. I smelled the rose right away. That note stood out to me the most. Very pretty. Didn't want to stop smelling this! I would love a bottle of this:). If you're in a bad mood, spritz this one on yourself for sure!

rainydays
rainydays

This Elie Saab fragrance is quite a strong floral. It's a bouquet of creamy white flowers and sweet honey on a bed of subtle woody notes. It reminds me of the opening of Pure Poison, only more sweet and mellow. Very feminine, no doubt about it. It's has a mature and gentle personality. I wouldn't recommend this to somebody who likes bold and distinct fragrances, and maybe not to somebody too young either (the only reason I hesitate before saying I would like to own a bottle). But it's quite wearable and pretty!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A tame floral which somehow can smell like being late middle aged coupled with a little young sweetness..

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0 - 1 hour - soft floral, close to skin, little projection. Sometimes a little bit sweet but mostly for the ages 55+

1 hour - Projection 98% GONE

thereafter a faint smell close to skin, but it does become a wonderful faint smell which is much younger

Sorry, for me this is not value for money

Arome Sara
Arome Sara

That smell is really interesting, strongly floral, personally reminded me E. Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia in lighter, sparkling version. ES is elegant, but not too sweet, patchouli is quite noticeable but it is pretty harmonious, the smell is a smell of orange blossom, is a strong jasmine, rose honey, then it is quite significant and cedar aroma is very smooth, I'd almost Powder, gourmet slightly but still leaves floral note (maybe even a little to remind anyone Alien). Longevity looks good. The only disappointment for me is a bottle, it looks like from T. Hifligera Dreaming.

charlottesmom

I had never heard of this perfume before, but while perusing the Nordie's perfume section the salesgirl and I got into a conversation about Alien (one of my favorites). She brought me over to the bottle of Le Parfum and told me I should smell this. I really liked it and she got me a sample (gotta love Nordies for all the samples....unlike Macy's!). Le Parfum on me is a very light very wearable scent for daytime and very acceptable for summer, unlike Alien which is too powerful for summer. I get the same basic notes as in Alien, the Jasmine in the opening and the woods in the drydown, it also has the same cozy warm feeling as Alien only in a lighter presentation. Le Parfum wears very close to the skin so the sillage is not great, it's a perfume for cuddling ;0). I want to thank that sweet salesgirl for introducing me to this lovely perfume, I'm going to ask for a bottle for Christmas! :0)

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This opens with a somewhat fruity and very sweet jasmine note. The heart note is a simple, warm jasmine, and the base notes are jasmine and a slightly sharp but sheer cedar note.

I have to confess I have difficulty relating to jasmine-dominant scents, so aside from the delightfully sweet top notes, this scent didn't really get my heart pounding.

I would, however, recommend that everyone else tries it. This scent seems like it would be a crowd-pleaser!

Pout
Pout

Got a bottle today, reminds Chloe Love but lighter. For me there is too much jasmin in it, although it is nice scent for every day.

GataBella
GataBella

Fresh, fresh, fresh! Crisp, clean, linear. White flowers. And fairly different from what is out there right now. On first spray, it REALLY reminded me of J Lo Glow! So i actually Thought this would be answer to my prayers to have a softer version of Glow. A few minutes later this dries down to resemble 'Alfred Sung.'

it's beautiful for someone else, just not for me...

tucansam
tucansam

Sampled it. Excited to try a commercial from elite perfumer like FK. Very femme with jasmin in the starring role. Blends in well with the style of frags coming out now. Similar to Mon Jasmin Noir w/o the aquatic note. Personally, I prefer the latter. Saab is a skin scent but lasting power is good. Priced is high- same as Hermes at Nordy's. Unlike Hermes timeless classic frags, this will probably outlive it's appeal.

Haute couture is right! This perfume (his first) is simply amazing. This is one of those occasions where a designer and the "Nose" behind the perfume have captured the very idea of high fashion and class in a flacon of perfume.

**Thanks again to ElenaLondon, for enriching my sample collection with yet another stellar scent!**

I had no idea who Elie Saab even was, until reading this entry; but I can tell you if his clothing designs are anything like this perfume, they must be bold yet elegant, while remaining simple and tasteful. Le Parfum opens (as so many of Kurkdjian's creations do) with a lovely orange flower note: sweet and powdery, but not dry, with a soft and sunny disposition. As it twines with a lovely dual accord of jasmine (common, AKA grandiflorum, and sambac) it gets richer and silkier; but never opressive or cloying, almost like a creamy liqueur that could be called "creme de jasmine". This is intoxicating, yet bright and energizing at the same time. My first thought on seeing that THIS was his only perfume was: "Well...if you are only going to make ONE, you might as well do it right", and he has!! As this settles, leaving only petal-like nuances in its wake, it becomes a wonderful cedar and patchouli (read: warm, woody and slightly dark) combination kissed sensually with a honeyed rose accord that takes the floral sweetness in a whole different, but totally complementary, direction. It becomes something very hypnotic, as well as slightly gourmand, while still managing to retain the beautiful sensation of the lighter, white flowers. Genius is a word that immediately springs to mind, when I think of Mr. Kurkdjian; and it seems he has done it, yet again. Here is something very "Kurkdjian" without being a carbon copy of his other creations...or anyone else's.

Sillage: very good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.5/5

This being the third in series of "white floral" based perfume reviews written today, (along with Bottega Veneta EDP & Acqua di Parma's Gelsomino Nobile) this has impressed me the most. I love all of them, but there is something that really stands out in ELIE SAAB Le Parfum. On initially smelling this wonderful sample when it arrived, my mother's eyes rolled back in her head and she gasped "Oh my GOD, THAT is gorgeous!". So, now that I have worn this, and reviewed it, it is going to live with her. I find it to be an exquisite scent, but is much more suited for a mature (NOT old) woman who knows how to live life, and deserves the finer things it has to offer!

antonpan
antonpan

One of the best fragrances came out spring/summer 2011 season. I love how Francois mixed orange blossoms and jasmine notes - first make the scent romantic, second make it sophisticated and gorgeous. I do not feel roses or patchouli, just the notes mentioned above, but they are... well crafted.

The scent is strong enough with a good sillage and longevity. It doesn't similar to anything specific, but for some of you it could remind of orange flower fragrances (Marc Jacobs Splash Orange, Jo Malone Orange, Prada Infusion), jasmine scents (Mon Jasmin Noir, Alien) and fragrances where jasmine and orange blossoms are combined (Lanvin Marry Me etc.)

gamos
gamos

I can't say that "it smells like...", so there is something unique about it. After the orange flower, jasmine wore off a bit of the patchouli kicked in, and I found this quite interesting. After a few hours there was a kind of a gentle, velvety smell left. So what can I say? Worth a bit of a change on an autumn or early spring day. Would not buy a 50ml bottle. Nice, interesting, but not interesting enough.

twillocks
twillocks

I would love to try this but it is soooo expensive! oh well maybe some day. I love the honey notes.

alice_fotini
alice_fotini

I have been waiting for Elie Saab's perfume with lots of impatience. Unfortunately though, my enthusiasm dropped the minute I smelled it.

It is not a bad perfume at all. However, I was intoxicated by the honey & acacia scent and I could not smell anything else than that for hours. For honey+flowers lovers, it could be sublime but not for me. Much too sweet.

The orange flower note could barely save the day and the spices that I detected on the dry down gave the fragrance oriental elegance, but guess it was a bit late as I had already made my mind.

cacrumpler
cacrumpler

Wonderful! I just bought this and it may be my favorite fragrance. I absolutely love the jasmine and rose. My daughter says I smell delicious! I am so happy I bought this one!

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

The notes that hit you initially are orange flower and beeswax. It is not a striking fragrance, but it is a nice evening fragrance or good for winter.
This orange blossom is softer and warmer than Jo Malone's Orange Blossom which is a bit more crisp and vibrant.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Nothing new. Not interesting for me - first sweet, then scratchy.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

Elie Saab's perfume is like his dresses: silky, flowing, smooth, beautiful, natural, clear...

On paper I found it citrusy powdery and wasn't sure whether I would like it. But on my skin the powder and orange came out very very strongly. It had good staying power. Just unfortuantely it reminded me very much of washing powder. My boyfriend also moaned that the scent was "stinky". So it's not for me.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I smelled it in a tester strip and knew it would work for me. Sometimes that just happens and you're lucky when you find a good match. It's well balanced. There isn't too much of the white florals with the cedar. Because cedar can tend to dominate and rage against white florals- creating a headache. This has a certain harmony.

Mandana
Mandana

I tried this perfume in the duty-free shop recently on holiday in Spain and it is fantastic, at the beginning at least. It stayed on but after a few hours mellowed out into an awful musky scent which I dont like. A pity as the first sweet honey and rose notes are lovely, well balanced by the cedar note. They dont stay around long enough though, as the musk or patchouli note? crowd them out. The perfume doesnt smell particularly original and is quite overpriced in my opinion. Although it is a long-lasting perfume, I wont be buying it, the sillage was quite disappointing....

Macassar
Macassar

Wonderful..i don't very much like orange blosson but the jasmine makes it bright , pure , "solar" . Very nice , very very nice

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

Was going to purchase it on line from harrods but they don't ship to Australia so i have to wait until it is available to purchase from Myer or something.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A true beauty!

The African orange flower and jasmine are so beautiful together and remind one of the beautiful summer in Beirut!

The patchouli, cedar, rose and honey sum up the glorious

beauty of nature and fashion, in Elie's terms ;)

We love you, Elie Saab!

alicerombi

I was very upset by this fragrance!I love the dresses but not the fragrance....

Le Parfum by Elie Saab 3.90 out of 5 based on 2222 ratings and 438 user reviews

Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' Scented Body Lotion
Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' Scented Body Lotion
Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' Scented Body Lotion 6.7 oz
Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' Scented Body Lotion 6.7 oz
Le Parfum Elie Saab Perfume by Elie Saab, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Parfum 6.8oz
Le Parfum Elie Saab Perfume by Elie Saab, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Le Parfum Elie Saab Perfume by Elie Saab, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab EDT SPRAY 1.6 OZ
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab EDT SPRAY 1.6 OZ
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab SET-EDT SPRAY 1.6 OZ BODY LOTION 2.5 OZ SHOWER CREAM 1 OZ
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
Gift Set
Elie Saab Le Parfum Gift Set for Women, 4 Piece, 1 set
Elie Saab Le Parfum Gift Set for Women, 4 Piece, 1 set
Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab SET-EDT SPRAY 1.6 OZ BODY LOTION 2.5 OZ POUCH
Parfum 1.6oz
Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Toilette Spray, 3 fl oz
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab EDT SPRAY 3 OZ
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab EDT SPRAY 3 OZ
Elie Saab Le Parfum
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.6 OZ BODY LOTION 2.5 OZ SHOWER CREAM 2.5 OZ
Gift Set
Elie Saab Le Parfum Gift Set for Women, 3 Pc, 1 ea
Elie Saab Le Parfum Gift Set for Women, 3 Pc, 1 ea
Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum Refills
Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum Refills
Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum Refills One Size
Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum Refills One Size
Eau De Toilette 3oz
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab SET-EDT SPRAY 3 OZ EDT SPRAY 0.33 OZ MINI
Parfum 0.7oz
Eau De Parfum 3oz
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3 OZ TESTER
ELIE SAAB LE PARFUM for WOMEN by Elie Saab EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3 OZ TESTER
Elie Saab Le Parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elie Saab Le Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elie Saab Le Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Parfum by Elie Saab. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Parfum by Elie Saab represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.