Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense Elie Saab for women
dislike

honey
yellow floral
Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense Elie Saab for women Pictures Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense Elie Saab for women Pictures

The scents of orange blossom and rose honey are what make the signature of the Elie Saab perfume line. Perfumer Francis Kurkdjian created this collection so that every part of it (every version of the perfume) depicts a period of daylight. The debut, Elie Saab Le Parfum from 2011, reflects the sparkling light of midday. The soft light of early morning is captured by the Eau de Toilette edition from 2012, while the magic moment of dusk is introduced with the new version Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense coming out in Fall 2013.

"As the sun slips below the horizon, the senses become inflamed. Ultra-sensual, she steps forth in a shimmering sheath dress. The embodiment of ultimate femininity. A regal bearing, a confident stride… She knows that she will not be easily forgotten. And her fragrance reflects her persona, mysterious and enchanting. With her every move, she leaves behind floral and Oriental wisps of the Eau de Parfum Intense. An unforgettable trail, a reminiscence of her aura."

Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense fragrance is announced as ultra sensual and feminine. Its oriental-floral composition opens with bright orange blossom accord. The heart includes intoxicating and opulent flower of ylang-ylang mixed with rose honey. The base consists of patchouli and amber accord.

The fragrance is available in bottles of 30, 50 and 90 ml.

Orange Blossom

Flowerbomb Rose Explosion

Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense Fragrance Reviews

PrissyCurls
PrissyCurls

Accidentally deleted my previous review as I was trying to do give an update.

Like I said this fragrance is the shit,the bomb, and the .com!
It's absolutely beautiful and oh...so sexy. It's almost as sexy as JPG edp.

It's sweet but not cloying. I can barely detect the patchouli which is a plus for me. The notes are blended beautifully, and I can feel the orange blossom and honey. My hubby loves this as well and it INSTANTLY went to my top shelf.

I love it!!! and ordered a backup bottle:-D

t for two
t for two

I adore this so much!

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

Elegance in a bottle. Posh, well-blended, very pleasant dry-down, very good performance, what else?

Very sweet but never girly. It has a very light powdery background. The best honey perfume I've encountered. It cannot be any better.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This is nicer in top notes, I think, than the other lighter versions, but that's just because I'm not keen on over-clean, bright florals. I find them a bit headachy.

The standard Eau de Parfum has a bright jasmine and rose, also a certain combo of smooth synthetic woody musk alongside sweet orange blossom that I find very similar to that in Coco Mademoiselle.

This intense version still hits the nose with some slightly oversweet and synthetic opening notes, but immediately it's less sharp-edged and you notice the sweet honey note.

Into dry down this becomes more and more relaxed and pretty, reminding me of L'Instant's honeyed floral feel - i.e. it's almost like honey on the comb with a nice beeswaxy touch and the sunny/soapy orange blossom. I also got stray whiffs of a very pleasant rose every so often.

Yep, this is pretty, though conventional, but for that reason easy to wear, as long as you spray lightly!

I sprayed on a very light touch to my left wrist about 7 hours ago and it's still very present, so I'd definitely go easy on the application.

HillTop
HillTop

Very grown up, very elegant and tender as L'eau Couture. I get a perfect mix of amber and sweet mature orange. It is a definitely a oriental-floral but you don't have to be afraid it could be too strong, it's harmonic anyway. Longlasting fragrance, warm and deep. I would recommend this to real ladies. Younger girls better choose Elie Saab's Le Couture, it's lighter and a bit sweeter than this one.

Mary89
Mary89

Great perfume, i love it, and wear it all the time, even in the summer!! In this perfume mainly i can smell pussy willow, that makes it very diffrent from other floral perfumes. Its very strong and deeeeeeep.

freddinos
freddinos

Orange blossom on steroids. I was expecting honey but I guess I should look elsewhere, at least for the honey interpretation I am personally looking for. Having grown up in Greece, my childhood memories are these of dark, deep coloured thyme blossom or coniferous honey, almost too thick to eat with a spoon, with a resinous quality and the smells of the Greek Islands' nature in it. If there is any honey in Le Parfum Intense it is the runny, light, vaguely floral variety.
The orange blossom has a bubble gum like quality, and at the same time smells soapy-clean. Plus the longevity was so average on me I was surprised, given the reviews.
Anyhow, it's not a bad perfume, just not my cup of tea.

A beautiful scent. Reminds me of scents from the 80s and 90s. Little bit heavy, little bit sweetfloral and superfeminine. This is a great scent - 1 spray for daytime and 3-4 for partytime. Timeless to me. I love the Amber, white flower and honey-mix. Longlasting on my skin.

En underbar doft. Påminner mig om 80 och 90-talets dofter. Lite tung, lite sötblommig och superkvinnlig. En alltid-doft. 1 sprej för dagtid och 3-4 sprejningar för party. Tidlös i mitt tycke. Gillar amber, vitblommiga och honungsmixen. Mycket hållbar på min hud.

Mugler_Lover
Mugler_Lover

This whole line from Elie Saab has me enthralled. I was wearing this one day. Sprayed it before work, may have spritz once again in the afternoon, and went to the gym at 7:30p. A woman two lanes over from me asked me what I was wearing. How is THATS for a fantastic perfume?!?!?

gtabasso
gtabasso

A blind buy that I love! This is unlike most of what I own. Goes on top with some citrus from orange blossom then spicy floral with sweet honey; no noticeable patchouli or rose, very harmonious but sweet, not gourmand

kbot
kbot

Had this and swapped it, but would love to own it again someday. I wore this a couple of times over the winter and every once in a while find myself craving it. It is honey and orange blossom with a hint of patchouli, very versatile and can be worn anywhere, dress up or dress down, smells rich and luxurious.

lilymorena
lilymorena

After reading the reviews here I understand the love and hate feelings. As in the most fragances taste and also Chemistry take a big place in how someone can like or not a scent. I have tryed and owned a few Eli Saab perfumes but for me this is the best of them. I don't like patchouli, at least not if the patchouli in the forefront comes, but I love angel, strange isn't it. Anyway the patc here doesn't bother me at all. The first note I smell here is a strong honeyed flower, creamy velvet rose. The velvet from NR Poudre but more mature and much stronger. The rose that comes to my mind is the same as in Sa Majeste la Rose from SL and also from Satin Mood. I know maybe it is a weird comparisson but I write wat I smell on my skin. ES Intense is a beautiful fragance that smell amazing, beautiful and it has definitely a wow factor. The patchouli? Thanks god it comes far very far in the drydown. Sillage is moderate after the first minutes but longevity is great. It goes to my wish list.

Perfumeaddict777
Perfumeaddict777

I only have a sample but, oooooh i love this stuff! So yummy, orange flower dripping with honey, and amber. This smells just like Bazooka gum! You know the hard pink square pieces individually wrapped. I used to walk to the party store as a kid and buy handfuls of that gum from the wooden barrels, only a nickel a piece. That must be why this perfume makes me happy. It even has that minty scent that the pink bubblegum has. It's long lasting, moderate sillage. Its FB worthy for me!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I wear this thinking, 'oh, I need to review this; I keep forgetting' and I put it on and forget about it. It's a pretty fragrance, just not that memorable. It's inoffensive and quite light, appropriate for work; the heat makes it bloom, but it doesn't last more than 4 hours and by then very faintly. It is a lovely pale orange blossom, and I think I also get a tad of night jasmine; I get no powdery ylang ylang, zero rich patch and no sultry honey. It's like a fragrance for a very young girl, even a child; simple, light, unsophisticated and not terribly original. That said, it's pleasant. The bottle is heavy and shaped nicely in the hand, and the color of the liquid makes a very pretty presentation. Still not sure if I'll keep this.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Slow death by orange blossom. Smells like Shalimar and L'Instant had a threesome with Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens. This is heavy, heavy almost suffocating. I can see why some people love it, but for me it's too much of everything. It's orange flowers lost in a jar of honey. It's thick and cloying and powdery.

Adina Galani
Adina Galani

So everyone seems to love this one; should I feel guilty I don't? It is pretty, really so, but no big deal about it. Flowery, sweet, little vanilla in the end... that is it. And yes, on me, even if I am the only one, after 2 hours, this seemingly potent juice fades for good! I feel ambivalent about this one, I feel I have to love it because everyone does, but I just can't get that much impressed. It is a little unusual combo, but just too little for my taste, and in my view surely not a head turner. I bought it for I liked it in the beginning when I thought such a strong one will keep me scented at least 4-5 hours through, but as I said, in just 2 hours time, it was gone in the wind. Sad, very sad. And if this is meant for the ones enjoying Lancôme's thousands versions of La Vie est Belle, and that kind of stuff, well I don't enjoy La Vie est Belle either so I guess this is just not the right choice for my skin.

jessrogue
jessrogue

Very very nice...

Such a sexy orange blossom perfume.

To me this a nighttime version of Fleur d`Oranger Le Couvent des Minimes.

gillbert
gillbert

this juice is so potent, deep, rich, moist and strong compositions. very warmly, very sweet and flowery. honey note is covering all the juice from the opening to dry down. I love patchouli and amber note in this composition - milky and warmly feel. by far, the best release by Elie Saab. congratulation Francis Kurkdjian

juice: 9.5
sillage: 10
TOTAL: 9.5 /10

fabirss
fabirss

I can relate to what Angeldaisy said: everybody seems to love Elie Saab LPI, but I just can't. And believe me when I say that I really tried! This is a very oppulent scent, but on my skin it goes beyond cloying! It reminds me of Red Pearl Red Pearl, another beauty that I had to let go. I have sprayed LPI many times, hopping to get used to it, but in vain. And once I cannot wear it on its own, I tried layering it with another honey based scent - L'Instant de Guerlain - and it worked! L'Instant "tamed" LPI and the combination of these two gems is now very dear to me, for L'Instant now lasts longer on my skin and LPI in not that overpowering. Perfect match.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Amazing combination of orange blossoms and honey.
This is an ultra feminine sensual scent that lingers on for hours leaving the most beautiful trail at one's passage.A true perfume like not so many others out there.Sillage and longevity both very good.For me the best Elie Saab

Musky4
Musky4

This is more of a 'first impressions' rather than an actual review (which I hope to add at a later date), as I've only just tried this on paper and not yet on my skin. This perfume only really came to my attention very recently and from what I'd read, sounded like it was something I should definitely try! Let me just add here that I'm not really a fan of Elie Saab perfumes in general - I think they're nice enough and not bad in any way, but the ones I've tried just haven't been my cup of tea personally. So, I tested this on a paper strip yesterday and on first spray couldn't believe how horrible it was!! I was left wondering how this had got all of those glowing reviews! All the same, I kept the paper strip in my pocket. Later in the day, I kept going back to smell the strip because the scent had completely transformed from that initial spray into something altogether different and FANTASTIC! Even now the strip smells gorgeous, rich, sweet, opulent, feminine, elegant, ultra sexy. All the things I love in a perfume! It smells both classic and very modern at the same time. It seems that removing the jasmine from the original Elie Saab Le Parfum and adding the ylang-ylang and amber to the Intense version has made all the difference for me. I definitely intend going back and trying this on my skin.
UPDATE: So I tried this again properly and the first phase of the fragrance, which I really don't like, lasted about 45 minutes and was very strong. It would probably have lasted longer if it hadn't been for my doing a heavy gym workout and my body heat accelerating the dry-down. Anyhow, once the perfume 'transformed' and became a scent that I really liked, it was very soft and almost a skin-scent in comparison to the initial phase. It's such a shame as I just don't want to have to wait for nearly an hour before the perfume becomes wearable to me. For this reason and with regret, I'll have to pass.

ivlia
ivlia

I hate it. Don't buy it. It's horrible. Big big no.

(...just doing everything in my power to make it stay mine and only mine...)

PS. I've just dumped my previous signature scent after 17 years. No more comments needed, I guess...

xJessax

Update: This perfume is so fabulous and rich. I sprayed another fragrance and I can STILL smell the undertones from this gorgeous gem! This lingers and lingers for even up to 12 hours on me. It's so rich and inviting, I love how addicting this scent becomes as you wear it more and more!

Lyoness
Lyoness

What a surprisingly lovely perfume! I am not usually into deep, heavy oriental perfumes like these ones, but my mum and I smelt it in Myer while shopping and both of us absolutely loved it. It is instantly recognisable when someone sprays it, and to me it is so unique that nothing quite comes close to it. It's really the Patchouli that makes it, with a beautiful combination of orange blossom and rose honey that balances out that oriental/floral duo. This is sophistication in a bottle, without being at all over-powering.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

Wow this is opulent! Heavy florals and honey! I can't stop sniffing my hand it's that intoxicating, i need a full bottle in my life NOW.

Edit. (May) I now finally have a full bottle and I am so completely in love. It's my favourite fragrance in my collection.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I should start off by saying, heavy florals are NOT my thing. Yet Elie Saab Le Parfum INTENSE is soooo intoxicating! And I love the potency/sillage!

This thick, syrupy scent with huge sillage/potency may not be for everyone, but I'm loving it! I "like" it as a scent, but I LOVE to wear it!

Between the amber, honey, and ylang ylang, I'm in the middle of a sweet floral bomb and I can't help but enjoy it. I normally hate patchouli, but here it's just a touch, adding to the overall heaviness of the scent.
I def would like a 1 or 1.7 ounce of this. It's totally not my thing, but I want to wear it from time to time. A little goes a long way!

I have not smelled the first EDP, but to me-- this smells like Classique on steroids. And I have a bottle coming. ;)

Awater01
Awater01

Did I just find Venus in a bottle? It's so very opulent and rich. A heady floral with a resinous, almost incensy base. It conjours images of what perfume smelt like in ancient times when it was rare and precious. It definitely feels like it's from another era, like what Cleopatra was wearing when she seduced Antony. This will always be in my top five, it's just devine.

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

Le Parfum Intense is unique among oriental perfumes. Gallons of honey over a (very) warm amber base with a sheer overlay of orange blossom. The honey and orange blossom are sweet. Perhaps too sweet for some, as it borders on syrupy, but it does make for a rather modern feeling oriental that someone with sweeter trendier taste in perfume might enjoy. The amber has a dry resinous quality to it which tempers the sweetness slightly. It feels exotic and decadent, but girly at the same time. It is not at all spicy. The scent projects about an inch but with great longevity. It’s rather linear because it’s not a complex scent.

I can see myself wearing this all the time just for the enjoyment of it. If I were able to resist, this is would be more suitable as a chic special occasion scent. Overall, I find this heavenly and am totally crazy for it.

gibylovelyscent
gibylovelyscent

Very very intents!!!!!
Strong and longlasting over 12hour.
I just have 1 spray on my cloths.

I dont know how I can used of all bottle 90ml.

It amazing!!!

xJessax

Whenever I want to feel classic, sophisticated, and womanly, THIS is the one I reach for!

It's warm, full bodied, and intoxicating. It's also quite strong and it lingers and lingers... I'll be catching whiffs of this even after 10+ hours.. you really get the quality you pay for with this one!

The top opens with gorgeous blooming orange blossom! It smells so authenic and real, it makes me want to burry my nose against my wrist all day! Shortly after, the orange blossom is accompanied by the honey & rose...making it sweet, warm, and inviting! The sweetness of the honey is also very authenic and true to the scent of actual honey. It's not "childishly sweet" in ANY way, it's just enough sweetness to keep it from being too overwhelming. The base notes of patchoulli and amber welcome the trio after about 3 hours on my skin, and the way it just melts together... simply stunning! <3 It quickly became one of my favorite scents of ALL time! It's not watered down, generic, or remotely boring! LOVE this one!! <3
(Also I must add with this one, it IS quite strong and intense, just as the name implies, so if you like your perfume strong and love florals, this one's for you!)

*Edit: Scent itself: 10/10!
Longevity~ 10+ hours
Sillage~ Moderate to heavy (depending on climate)

hyperfluff
hyperfluff

This one really surprised me. It has a very thick, rich, classic scent, very vintage smelling. Very mature, elegant and noble. I think 'old world' when I smell it. I almost couldn't believe what I was smelling on my wrist when I tested it. It smelled like I had sprayed on something concocted 50+ years ago. I don't know if the tester bottle has gone off? I get ALOT of amber with patchouli, ALOT of orange blossom or neroli. It's thick, deep, warm, bitter, boozy and soapy all at once. I don't actually smell honey, there is no sweetness here at all, but I sense its' 'texture'...don't know if that makes sense. If you're into vintage smells, you could try this. It reminds me of Classique's mid notes, but thickened and made more serious with bitter patchoulli, booze and extra amber in place of Classique's fruits, vanilla and spices. Next to this one, Classique edt smells like a playful, little girl. So I'm not a fan of this Elie Saab creation (I adore Classique though).

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

I tried Elie Saab L'eau Couture first and liked it very much; however, after a day of wear, the mix of custardy sweetness and syrupy florals started to annoy me. I felt physically exhausted at the end of the day from how cloying it was, which was surprising! Elie Saab Le Parfum Intense is a different story. It shares the same DNA as others in the Elie Saab line, but settles better on my skin, forming a beautiful rhapsody of notes that I, and others around me (based on the compliments I receive!), enjoy very much.

I love orange blossom in nearly any permutation and Francis Kurkdjian uses a fresh, sweet version in Le Parfum Intense - it is airy instead of being heavy or too "sunny". Like in L'Eau Couture, this scent splits into two distinct personalities when I smell it. Though this fragrance is well-balanced to me, the zippy notes of patchouli, rose and orange blossom seem to be isolated in one group, while the sweet, dense notes of ylang, honey, and amber are in a different group. I can totally "see" the lighter group of notes in the foreground and the heavier notes in the background when I inhale - the dichotomy makes this scent feel like it would be an appropriate wear in a variety of settings. It is sweet and sexy with an absolute "intelligence" to it.

I like Le Parfum Intense! I need to wear it for the whole day to see if it vibes with me, but I think this could be the Elie Saab fragrance that works for me out of the lot of them. I like how Francis stuck with a theme and manipulated the fragrances to be similar enough to be a family, but different enough to fit different feelings. There is an Elie Saab for everyone, I think! Nice work.

ellenresia
ellenresia

This is perfect for feminine women who want to spread their aura to her surrounding.
When I wear that perfume, I feel like an elegant lady with wedding dress... wait... I think I am definitely wear that in my wedding day :)
Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense fragrance is very sensual and elegant also feminine. 1st layer is orange blossom explosion, 2nd layer is sensual ylang-ylang and honey.. oh this makes me feel very relax, and until the 3rd layer is amber. Those ingredients are super perfect for a perfect day on occasion that's you won't forget. Because this smell is so beautifully stunning.
It little bit reminds me of burberry london woman, but this perfume is stronger and much better than burberry london and I do love them both.

I love this perfume, I love orange blossom, and this is delightfully crafted in Elie Saab Intense. Strong floral, warm, with great longevity, a bit of spiciness also with the ylang ylang, just enough to amp up the floral notes without falling in the trap of being a spice rack scent...I am addicted to it!! It is feminine, grown up, and opens up nicely on the skin!! The ylang ylang gives it a distinctive exotic vibe. The type of fragrance a woman who loves being a woman would wear, utterly pretty, nothing to prove, elegant yet with character.

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

This is one of those rare scents that are exactly what they say they are.I thought the Le Perfume was lovely, this one is ramped up to perfection.Long lasting, enough sillage to make sure you are noticed,beautifully blended so no one note takes over, it's love.

twoteacakes
twoteacakes

I have a 10ml of the original but decided not to purchase a larger size. It was pleasant, but just a little airy, rosy and sour. There was just something missing and in the intense, I have found the depth that I was looking for. At first spray the orang blossom and rose are very prominent. This is where it most resembles the original. Then the honey and ylang ylang come along, adding to the symphony. Finally I get some wisps of amber and patchouli which just give depth and meaning to the fragrance. Thankfully the patchouli is not overdone, just enough to give some balsamic body, not overpowering at all. Very feminine, modern and original. Great bottle too, has a heavy vintage vibe. I like. A lot.

genevieves
genevieves

It is just as promised - an intense version of the original Elie Saab EDP. It's more luxurious and deep, but only a little. However, since the original is already pretty strong, this one could be over the top for many.

I wouldn't go buying it thinking it's significantly different than the original, because it isn't. I wouldn't mind owning both though, because I'd surely use both of them up sooner rather than later.

Plus, I'm not a huge fan of "sweet", but these two are such a deep kind of sweet, it's like heaven.

And as a sidenote...both are vintagey perfumes. Not "mature" to me. And I'm still waiting for the 20th to come by, soooo...

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

most of you seem to love love love this treasure.

im afraid i don't.

the reason:

it is a very sweet, very cloying honeyed floral and despite me liking (and wearing) "mature" fragrances like "L'Heure Bleu" and bombastics like Fracas....this one still manages to knock my block off and make me feel 20 years older than i am.
it has a relentlessness that i might enjoy in a Chanel or a Guerlain.

i am pretty sure it is aimed at the lady who enjoys things like La Vie Est Belle, J'Adore, Chloe and perhaps Allure EDP and dare i say, JPG Classique EDP.
it has that feel about it. a "modern" very feminine perfume.

it is what it is and it is indeed a lovely fragrance on the right person, but i would recommend testing before you buy, especially if you are unfamiliar with the Elie Saab line.

Ttj
Ttj

Loooove this perfume! Starts of with fresh orange blossom, quite strong. But after a short while it mellows down to a thick golden honey. Being a vanilla lover I never tested this before now. I`ve been missing out. This will be my signature scent this fall.

Dimitra79

One more comment for this, I just want to point out that for me this is perfect for the summer as well as the winter. It lifts me up because of its magical scent...and the compliments I get!
It's not fresh or aquatic, but it's harmonious sweet and glorious, like sunshine.
Beautiful.

vanillary29
vanillary29

This is too beautiful to describe in words. The original Elie Saab Le Parfum is my special occasion perfume. I only ever pull it out when I want something dazzling and not something I'd wear everyday. Now THIS, my friend, is Le Parfum but sweeter, thicker, more potent, more beautiful. As if that was even possible! This is a dream in a bottle. One spray would suffice and you would smell like honeyed amber for the longest hour. A 30ml bottle would last forever since you only need the tiniest bit of this liquid sunshine! This is a treasure.

badgerbruno
badgerbruno

This was given to me by mistake rather than the original for a Birthday gift. If anyone is interested in doing a swap, let me know.

Hipchick40
Hipchick40

This is THE ONE! When I got this and sprayed it for the first time, my thought was: "I can swap all my other bottles. This is all I will ever need!" How is that for strong love? I have over 40 full bottles but this would be what I would keep if I had to pick just one.
I do own the EDT, EDP and L'eau Couture. I love them too but the EDT&EDP versions are a little more stinging and sharp. I crave them and wear one or the other several times a week but lately, I had been layering them with a sweeter base like Lolita Lempicka Fleur Defendue just to soften them up a little. Well now, with the Intense version, it's all in one bottle! The orange blossom and honey is still predominant and is the classic ES signature, but the addition of the amber just smooths it all out, rounds the harsher edges. It also gives a very little hint of powder which is a characteristic I enjoy when done well. Even though this is warmed up, it is still what I think will be very versatile as far as seasons go. And because I'm a skirt instead of shorts and dresses layered over jeans kind of girl, I think it will suit any occasion/outfit of mine. I want to bathe in this, I love it so much. I luckily ordered two samples of this and the L'eau Couture but didn't even wait to order this in a full bottle because just reading the notes and reviews here. I knew I'd adore it. I'll save one of the samples for my hand bag for on the go refreshers.
Because I'm an Elie Saab fanatic, I have back-up bottles of the EDP too. If anyone is interested in swapping their Intense for an EDP, let me know. And I'm also lucky to have started the swap process for a fb of Couture too. My life is complete. <3

archivist
archivist

This is a very intense orange blossom and honey scent in the opening, as so many others have observed. It's pretty nauseating in the opening, but it quickly settles into a very near approximation of Seville a l'Aube, with lots of pillowy marshmallowy goodness, zested with citrus. This one is sweeter, but also much less expensive and easier to find. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who loves Seville a l'Aube.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

The perfume starts off with a strong in-your-face blast them calms down a bit...but I kept getting an odd metallic note that was a huge turn off for me. Later on patchouli was all I smelled...it overwhelms the other components a bit too much. It does cling to the skin well though. I own the Eau De Toilette and adore it...my daughter and I agreed...this is a bit of a bitchy scent when compared to the delicate beauty of the Eau De Toilette.

Dr.Dobes
Dr.Dobes

At first I loved this perfume -- I thought it was mature enough to feel chic and sophisticated without giving the impression of being too "old". However, the more I wear it the more my nose detects a sort of medicinal note, especially within the first hour of spraying. Not exactly medicinal but sort of like a bottle of vitamin C tablets. I imagine its from some of the orange notes gone wrong; perhaps my bottle has gotten spoiled since i've had it for about a year. I wonder if anyone else senses this odd note..

ScenTric
ScenTric

Absolutely beautiful feminine scent. Love it. To me the rose and orange blossom are quite strong but something kicks in to help to balance them from being too sickly and I think it's the ylang ylang. I wear it both day or night and feel it suits any occassion.

Ilovemegigi
Ilovemegigi

I absolutely love this fragrance, it's so sexy and I feel so confident when I wear it.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This is just gorgeous. This perfume carries the honeyed-amber sweetness perfectly, and reminds me of scents like JPG Classique Intense, Rihanna Reb'l Fleur, Givenchy Dahlia Divin and Miss Dior Le Parfum. It has the floral top notes of the original, fresh and clean, but has an underlying deepness to it, wow. It wears beautifully on my skin, with the floral top notes fading gracefully after 30 minutes and the ambery warmth taking over after that. This is definitely a new staple in my collection. I love Elie Saab L'Eau Couture as well, and am contemplating getting that one too, because they are different enough to have both. I also want to check out the Newest Elie Saab Resort Collection. It's too bad Elie Saab's perfumes aren't sold at more stores.

Oamae
Oamae

The opening reminds me of a less harsh, much less controversial angel but not exactly 'tone down' Angel by Thierry Mugler. The dry down is sweet, floral, and as someone who really dislikes white florals, pretty tolerable! The honey works in favor of taking the edge off rather than amplifying it. I like it.

Panda94
Panda94

This fragrance is f**king sexyness! Everytime I wear this I feel so confident, sexy, glamorous, high, rich and seductive! I think the notes in this fragrance is very powerful, everytime I wear this fragrance I feel so "WOW" about myself. It last on the skin for a good while which is amazing! It's very feminine & I also think it will seduce the people around you, just because the notes in this bottle is freakin sensual and sexy! This fragrance also reminds me of high fashion.

enigmaticessence
enigmaticessence

I haven't tried them side by side but this is a lot like the original on my skin. A sweet orange blossom, exaggerated by the honey and amber, a citrusy green edge and patchouli base. It dries down a little powdery and sweet in a 'musky' way.

I did try it on the same day as Kiehl's Musk and think they would layer quite well. In fact if you find modern orange blossoms too sweet in general, layering with a blended musk can be a great solution.

Side note: Keihl's is somewhat like the musk in Jovan Musk for women, except with a stronger note reminding me of gasoline. If this proves too strong, Coty Wild Musk is another easily layered musk.

I'm excited about the possibility presented in layering, because I don't feel comfortable in the beauty of Elie Saab's perfumes without an extra touch, and normally I can't wear basic musks at all. This discovery makes a win - win!

poemefreak
poemefreak

I love love love this on myself but others around me seem to think this is quite an old dated smell, and they think its too old for me which i take as a compliment as i am 50 years old. It does remind me of opium the old original. I love the stronger perfumes and i am so sad that no one likes this on me :(

jenvi
jenvi

The opening is full of golden, sparkling and bright orange blossom. It is extremely powerful and intoxicating. I can pick up the honey right away but it isn't until the dry down it really starts to shine, yum! Elie Saab Intense is one of the most elegant and feminine perfumes I have ever encountered and I picture this to be the perfect wedding fragrance! However, it is just as suitable for a cozy night in wearing your favorite cashmere sweater drinking a cup of cocoa and watching a movie. I love how the honey, amber and orange blossom plays so well together making this such a versatile fragrance suitable for almost any occasion! I will buy this again and again and again..

I like it! A lot, actually. It would go really well with black evening gown and fancy necklace. It has amber note it it, that's the main difference between this one and the original. Amber makes it warm and more suitable for evenings, but I prefer the original better. I guess I'm more of a daytime person as I look better at daytime.
It's a nice , warm white floral with honey and amber.
Sexy, elegant and sophisticated, glowing fragrance.

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

This fragrance and I have had a rocky relationship.

Think of a romantic comedy .... there I am strolling down the street whereupon I bump into a human form of this fragrance, Hugh Grant, and his obnoxious arrogance makes me slap him in the face which stuns him.

Irony of ironies though I find out he is my cousins best friend and we meet at a family gathering ... my Aunt's and Uncle's 50th. He tells of this really clumsy girl slapping him in the face to this ultra sexy woman who treats him as a baby. Suddenly he catches my eye as I am about to sing. It physically hurts me to see him sway with this woman.

I meet another man. Softer, sweeter, gentlemanly and kind. What could go wrong? HE is also married!

Fast forward to the 3rd act. He finds out ultra sexy woman is actually married to big butch boxer type who then beats him up properly. He realises what a twit he was. He is in hospital and he asks to see me.

I, meanwhile, am about to make a mistake of allowing the roguish and drunk Rufus Sewell seduce me into being his mistress when I get the call ... a little hesitantly I walk out of the mansion but realise I made the right decision when I see his wife sitting on a step crying. "You could do better!" I kindly say. She does not respond.

I am at the hospital bed seeing him lying there sad, neglected; as I find out he was orphaned that day we first met... he had just heard his father died. That he did not mean to make me feel insulted. A flicker of the eyelids, a small brush on the hand. I see him for the first time, properly see him. This is the man I need in my life, one who can smile through pain.

We end up talking the whole night through in the hospital room (in a rom-com that is allowed!) I wake up, he is still asleep but as I watch him my heart grows ... I realise I love him.

This has been my third try of this particular fragrance from a sample ... yes, after the third act ... I want this fragrance that I so sorely misunderstood before.

I guess it was because it was unlike anything I have tested before but now I own Alien, I get it now. Elie Saabs Le Parfum Intense is definitely a scent for the late twenties onwards range.

Very strong, warm and intense floral that does indeed need time to grow but once it does ... you will never look back again at an almost blind buy to one you have tried and smelt. The only sweetness is from honey adding the strength and anchoring down the stronger florals onto your wrist.

Elie, forgive me for 'slapping you in the face' metaphorically and almost being one of the very hates. I love you, Elie.

Juliana6
Juliana6

Golden, thick, intense and because of that almost vintage if we speak about the quality and the "aura" of those grand classics. The opening is beautiful, fresh orange blossom which disappears quite quickly followed by a rich, golden honey and flower note. I imagine a bee's legs could smell like that after a long working day which it has spent inside the flowers covered by aromatic pollen. Funny, but I get something close to TM Alien too- that hypnotizing, warm vibe.
The base on me turns slightly aldehydic (due to the intense honey and flower mixture), warm and classy. I don't really feel the patchouli, it must be here just to reinforce other notes and make the scent last. Last golden drops of july sunny evenings, rich honey scent on my skin in the middle of the january. What a luxury!

Su_Bakshi
Su_Bakshi

To put it in one word - "WOW". This is the kind of frag I had been looking for. It is perfect for winter. I have the biggest bottle and sometimes I feel like bathing in it :P Coming to the fragrance, it is opulent, warm and spells luxury. Honey is very easily detectable. It forms a thick cloud of fragrance around you which means the silage is amazing. Longevity is monstrous. I sprayed it on my pullover two days ago and it is still there...pretty strong. I actually ordered LE PARFUM but they sent me this one by mistake. Initially I was a little apprehensive but when I read the reviews, I found out that this one is better. Definitely my favorite right now. Love the bottle too <3

deda147

So I finally decided to buy a FB of this elixir and I'm really glad I did. When I tested it on a blotter it was a lovely concoction of honey, amber and orange flower. It opens with the freshness of orange blossom, then the sweet/creamy ylang ylang appeared along with the rosehoney note. It eventually dried down to an amber, drizzled over with non-cloying honey and a floral background consisting of the orange blossom/ylangylang, grounded by the patchouli.

When I sprayed it on my skin it morphed in something else. The orange blossom opening is still evident, but not as long lasting on the blotter. I can't make out the ylang ylang at all (which is a shame, since I really love that note) and the rosehoney is more of an accent instead of one of the main players. The note that got amplified on my skin, surprise surprise, the patchouli. On my skin it became a rather intoxicating blend of patchouli, an undercurrent of honey mixed with florals and a base of amber. It really surprised me how this one changed on my skin.

It's quite reminiscent of Gucci by Gucci (the brown bottle), even though that one contained a more 'cooler' patch an a more fruity vibe. I think it's a great alternative to the Gucci and it's perfectly unisex, if you're not afraid of the florals and honey in this fragrance. The patchouli drydown is really worth it guys!
Longevity is good, about 8 hours and sillage is also fine, not too overpowering.

Gingercat77
Gingercat77

Wow!!!! This is just gorgeous..... I tested some in Boots today and it is definitely on my wish list. I love strong perfumes and this is bold, confident and classy. Great sillage and lasting power. WANT. IT. NOW :)

Fabulous Kevin
Fabulous Kevin

I can't tell how much i love this perfume, definitely my top 5 favourite. Le Parfum EDP Intense is such a rich scent, a little sweet and fresh, so elegant, i can wear it all day and night. Sillage is heavy to moderate but the longevity is incredible (12 hours+), highly recommend this one. 10/10

prairiebellecandle
prairiebellecandle

Le Parfum by Elie Saab is a happy, hypnotic, sparkling scent. It is a little too clean for me, but I am always happy to smell it. It's out of my comfort zone, but it's uplifting spirit draws me to spritz it on. It's bubbly, and effervēscent and inviting. It lasts and lasts and has a nice dry-down to a dry, sunny warmth (usually not my style) ....but the freshness keeps me going and makes me feel "modern."

Gorgeous!!!
Rich, elegant, warm, really really special.
One of the best perfumes out there. Ever.

napiergirl

After wearing this for a few weeks i have to add that the dry down of this is DEVINE..which i think can be rare in a fragrance as so often they change personality at the end .This is something SpeciaL!!!!!

Now, going towards winter Elie Saab Intense makes a lot of sense. Too much for my budget.
I love it, simply put.
In my previous review I wrote that this smells like amber intimacy. It's still true for me, but today Elie Saab Intense (from a big sample) really bloomed on my wrist. This is the kind of perfume that I can call PERFUME. Here we are.
Forget about all the stingy plasticky florals around. Here we have the Floral in all its due richness, glory and feminity.
Is this sweet? Yes, it is sweet, but here you need to forget all the factory candies and sugary perfumes of this world.
The orange flower is lovely and it is so well blended with the warm base, that ESI eventually manages to be true to its nature from start to end.
In many cases floral-woody perfume have a very bright, almost fresh-pungent opening, but after a few hours you only smell a plasticky woody drydown, quite harsh that has no relation with the first part of the scent. Here every stage is linked to the other ones.

It also reminds me of the oldest thick Neroli from L'Occitane.
This ES smells powerful and rich in a very Middle Eastern way and it blinks the eye to old-fashioned lady perfumes, but at same time it is definetely a modern one.
I smell the honey, too and it's not obnoxious.
For me ES Intense is a perfect example of a good marriage between modernity and old-world extravagance.
I wouldn't suggest this Elie Saab and no Elie Saab to someone who doesn't love orange blossom. You need to love orange blossom for this. And I do.

pi^2
pi^2

A rich, potent, sweet fragrance. It starts with the usual Elie Saab orange blossom, beautiful as always, and dries down to a long-lasting honeyed, ambery rose, with a hint of patchouli.

I love the EDT but find the original EDP suffocating. For me the Intense is just the perfect version for a cold, rainy day. It is not one of those fluffy soft-and-warm fragrances; it has wamrth and sweetness but is also powerful and energetic. There's a pleasant edge to it.

Some reviews have described it as somewhat dated or resembling fragrances from the 80s; I see what they mean, but to me this doesn't smell dated (and I'm not a vintage girl). It is retro rather than vintage - a modern, very Elie Saab perfume inspired by the classics of the 80s. Also its beauty makes it kind of timeless, beyond trends. I can imagine the Queen of Sheba was wearing this majestic honeyed rose when she came to visit King Salomon. A beautiful fragrance indeed.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

My new love affair - this has the wonderful patchouli/floral/honeyed base of the original Le Parfum but is a completely different scent as it is bulked up with more honey/beeswaxy notes (a very natural sweetness), and what smells to my nose an expensive rose-sandalwood incense and every so often I catch a whiff of Nag Champa in there but it is not overbearingly incensey or reminiscent of a hippie shop whatsoever. This is a powdery blend of honey-rose gorgeousness which will never date. I liken it to a more modern take on Toujours Moi with rose musk incense. It smells quite a lot like my beloved and now discontinued Gucci EDP except this is not as dry.

This fragrance is a rarity for that every note it is composed of is a note I love, I have never owned a fragrance and loved every note, usually there's one or two I could not place or don't quite belong and might put me off a purchase but they aren't really noticeable. This one I could have bought blindly right off the shelf without even sniffing.

The bottle is also gorgeous. Totally worth the splurge. Out of the Elie Saab fragrances this is the one to covet.

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

I can't believe how much I love this perfume. The dry down is sexy, warm, lasts on me 6-8 hours. I think in the top notes it smells a little like Chanel Coco, but then it softens to an amazing honey filled beauty.

eveclair
eveclair

I really couldn't figure out whether I liked this at first, as it is very sweet and feminine..I am normally an 80's spice bomb sort of girl. But I own a bottle now and don't regret it. The orange flower is just fresh enough to stop this whole thing melting into some nasty scent for teenagers. But it has a waxy or fatty white flower side, which I confused as a natural honey-waxy scent. The honey scent seems fairly natural to me, though maybe it is not really waxy at all. Either way, its this waxiness/fattiness that is interesting to me. This leads me to the amber drydown. Soft, warm, inoffensive, and retaining some sweet orange blossom freshness, still detectable the next day in the rooms where I have been. The patchouli is barely detectable, though i suspect it could be helping to keep this fragrance away from teenager territory. I would agree with other readers this is a gourmand scent.

napiergirl

Got this as a gift yesterday , at first i thought it was the original , thought i could smell jasmine etc , did wonder why it was sweeter than i remembered .But after looking at bottle a second time it all became obvious ....yes sweet and rich but depending on temp its a devine mixture of ylang ylang and white floral...i only detect its orange blossom when its cooler ..all with a sultry ,sexy honey syrupy base.Its getting hotter here so to me its very sweet , still yummy but would think cooler temps it would be better . Great projection , super feminine and sexy .

sp89123
sp89123

i wanted to love this one.. i thought this would finaly be it...my signature.. blew away 130$ on it..but nope..its not the miracle it was on the tester strip for me. this one started out too strong. n stayed strong. strangely it did not change notes at all with time. just remained that thick sweet honey on me for a longgg while(almost 10 hrs).. aftr 4-5hrs it remains close to the skin.less is more with this one. its sweet and lovely in a thick warm kind of way.but not quite the dream i expected out of this bottle. neither love nor hate. just.. a meh...an expensive 90ml of meh..

Julie Billi

Update: I used to love this perfume & was my signature last winter, but this year for some reason I find it a bit sweet for me....Maybe got used with the more uplifting, fresh summer frangrances..... (I adore my new signature Serge Lutens Fleurs D' oranger)....

But....I keep receiving soooo many compliments with this sweet honey elixir! Still a lovely creation!

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I was a little disappointed at first. I thought this would be my instant favorite of the Elie Saab bunch, but it starts off way too strong for me. Too much honey.

But once it calms down it grows on me by the half hour. Ah, once it settles and the honey relaxes into the amber and orange blossom... that's better. That's more of what I was looking for.

I still feel like it'd be even better with added spice, but I really like the drydown of this. I'll just have to remember to apply it way before I plan to leave the house.

Oh, and for those of you interested in trying this line without having to offer up your firstborn, there's a "Discover Set" that includes this, the EDT and the EDP, 4ml of each for around $10 depending on where you get it. Great deal.

llburris
llburris

Talk about falling in LOVE. I have another version of this perfume that I love but this one is even more appealing. I, again, am feeling enveloped by honey this morning. It's very muggy and hot outside but I do not feel this is too much for this weather. Intense does equal intense. I purchased a 90ml bottle of this and am already dreading the day I get to the bottom for I know that I will be swimming in this frequently :o) I WILL purchase again and recommend to anyone who loves this deep, rich honey smell.

Centsless
Centsless

I've finally tried all 3 renditions of Le Parfum: I love all of them, but for different times of the year. Intense=INTENSE. This is more of a winter scent to me. The honey is sticky and sweet, and the star of the show in this version. The honey and amber almost drown out the orange blossom. But it's still there, peeking out from time to time. (I get the same hide and seek orange blossom from Lady Million, which I also love). Overall, Intense is beautiful but definitely for cooler temps and applied carefully. Very long lasting too!

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

Where do I start? There are so many miracles happening in this bottle I don't know where to begin. The bottle itself is a piece of miracle, it is absolutely stunning! It's a solid, dense piece of weighty glass, and as the light bounces off it, it looks like an expensive piece of crystal. Gorgeous.
The juice is fantastic. It's very strong and very potent, and one spritz lasts a lifetime. It opens sweet with a pinch of orange blossom which adds a bit of freshness to the scent, but then blends in with the honey, the amber, and the ylang-ylang... I personally cannot smell the rose and thanks God the patchouli is just the perfect, subtle amount and it never gets a chance of domination. It puts the fragrance on a different level, deeper and kind of sensual in a light way as it isn't designed to be a sexy scent, not at all.

I do think that the creator did an amazing job in here. It's such a well balanced scent, and not only the notes are the perfect amounts, they are blended wonderfully too. Nothing stands out; they are there to simply compliment each other, not to fight for the pole position. It's definitely an elegant fragrance, very womanly and gives a real confidence boost. It's a scent for special occasions, to make a special night with a special person (or people) stand out even more. And you are going to stand out as well wearing it, that's a promise.

This one is labeled as the Intense version of Le Parfum, but honestly the original is such a huge bomb that the difference is not that noticeable. They also smell similar, although I find Intense a bit deeper and a bit sweeter and that's why I chose it.

KatBCN
KatBCN

This smells like an ultra-sweet Algerian pastry called Kalb el Louz (almond heart). When I first tested this, my husband thought of that cake/pudding immediately. It starts sweet, with sugary honey and light orange blossom. Compared to the light, fresh scents I normally like, it feels heavy, but not suffocating. It is very blended, and the notes work together instead of any one note being dominant. Almost 2 hours after spraying, it shifts to a patchouli, amber, slightly powdery dry down that lingers close to skin. I would call it comforting, sophisticated, and intriguing. To me, this is gourmand. It made me smile and feel very feminine, it is delicious. Not my favorite of the Elie Saab line, but a joy to test and bring back that scent memory. I would like to test again in cooler weather.

alassouli
alassouli

OMG.... this was a gift from me to myself on the occasion of my first born this year. I just fell in love with this perfume right after I sniffed it at Sephora. Yes, I had to buy the 90 ml bottle right on the spot. I have finished almost half of the bottle in 4 months. You just wanna keep sniffing it all the time. It is so elegant and chic. Ohhh Gosh I cannot even imagine if God forbid this product ever discontinues.

mooglebuns
mooglebuns

This is delicious. I only have a one time use sample, which makes me sad, because I decided to try it before I needed to shower in case it stunk. It's loaded with sweet thick honey,rich amber and bright orange blossoms. It's not at all sharp. I think this sample warrants a trip to the store to try the perfume out of the bottle and maybe even a purchase. So warm. It's like narcisco rodriguez for her and dolce and gabbana the one had a perfectly blended baby. Love!

Antares811
Antares811

Maybe too much honey for my taste yet it's a delicious scent.
Sophisticated, fresh and sweet at the same time, feminine and longlasting.
I prefer this Intense Version over the original Le Parfum. It's cozy and warm.
Gorgeous.

ecerusen
ecerusen

too much honey for me :(

but i should admit it, this is an impressive smell

if you dont like sweety floral perfumes, this one isnt for you.

Lexxy
Lexxy

I got a sample of the Intense by mistake, I wanted the original edp bc the list of notes really appealed to me. I don't know what the original smells like but this Intense version sure is intense, it's very perfumy and strong. It also smells dated to me for some reason. It reminds me of the perfumes my aunts used to wear in the late 80's early 90's but there is something in there that is nice (think it's the orange blossom and honey) so I'll still give the edp and edt a try, but this one is not for me.

gawerika
gawerika

I first bough the original Elie Saab Le Parfum when if came out, I really like the scent as it was sparking and fresh (the citrus notes from the Orange Blossom were a bit too fresh) and the mix with the patch gave me migraines thus I swopped it off to friend instead. This offering on the top notes are more subdued by the Amber and the Ylang-Ylang this is still fresh but creamy and feminine with a trail soft Tuberose and patch. Even though it is an intense version the silage is moderate and it is very long lasting...I only use 1 spray and it last 24 hours straight thus very potent. I get the scent on myself throughout the wear but it kinda borders on being a little overbearing for the wearer at times too.

I am very pleased with my purchase...will definitely recommend it for any collection but doubt it that I would repurchase it as this is likely to last me a long time and there are still other fragrances I would like to try out.

julieekerr
julieekerr

This is just lovely. Sweet, floral with patchouli amber base. It seems familiar but cannot place what it reminds me of. It is quite heavy/intense but i love if for that fact :i can smell it close to myself. Many perfumes wear off on me quickly but this lasts. Purchased it spring, but sense it could be too much hot weather. it is my favorite from this collection. My daughter prefers the Eau de parfum

deda147

Hedward, I don't regard this one too feminine. The opening is actually quite feminine because of the vivid and bright orange blossom, but after a while it settles into a nice amber and honey fragrance. It's practically a bright, opulent, transparent honey infused with florals, with a nice and smooth amber base.

Edit: Even one of my friends thought it was a perfume for men, when he smelled it blind.

Pari88
Pari88

Like bees to a flower I can not get my nose away from my wrist. It conjures images of a British countryside or Southeastern American Spring, very vintage and Royal. It is a late afternoon, when the sun seems to bounce light off of every thing, and becomes sort of sparkly. No matter the heat, late afternoon brings the brightness of golden light, but relief from the harsh strong rays. Have you ever seen the way rays look when shining between the branches of bushes or trees? Yes, like that.

The smell reminds me of my mom. My mom is my best friend, truly. Who knows us better then our own mothers who bore us in hardship? We share the love of perfumery and always swap our bottles. So this Gem, is gladly one that we can share and enjoy together.

According to Western astrology, my mom was born on the Cusp of Exposure, Leo/Virgo, and I, also a cusp sign, the Cusp of Beauty, Virgo/Libra. She holds the Pride and Warmth of the lion, with the Beauty and Peacefulness of the Virgo. She loves her white and yellow florals, but not so much of the earthy patch and amber. I, however, am not too fond of strong white florals, but love airy and earthy smells. So this perfume is one we both can share and love because of the balance.

I love to wear it and be reminded of her warmth and maternal love. I remember my younger days when she was younger, always singing and dancing. Sunny and warm, calm but always laughing, but never bitter, like something she must have worn long ago before we met. Nostalgia.

Ellie Saab Intense retains hints of orange blossom and I smell what I think is jasmines sharpness underneath as well, but no overwhelming floral bouquet smell as with the original on my skin. The florals are buried underneath a perfect amber and honey mixture. It is slightly powdery, an earthy soil like powder smell, due to the patch.
It reminds me slightly of my D&G pour femme, probably due to the sweetness, and of of Prade ambre, with its lovely powder patch, except Ellie Saab did it better. She balanced it perfectly and it is by no means overwhelming.
Luminous, maternal, strong, gorgeous.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Elie Saab Le Parfum Intense retains the sensual orange blossom of the original Le Parfum, thus upon a first spray, I thought that these two versions gave out a similar aura. However, compared side by side, there is indeed difference between these two versions, as the original is much more radiant with juicy jasmine petals, while the Intense version is essentially a powdery sweet amber, spiced up by a touch of earthy patchouli and tempered by luscious honey and orange blossoms.

The sillage of Le Parfum Intense is moderate and the longevity is around 10 hours on me. I find the comparison of the lights of midday and dusk described in the ad campaign is actually very apt. While the original Le Parfum is more luminous, the Intense version is more intimate and deeper. If you love the sensual touch of the original Elie Saab Le Parfum, but find the white flowers too bright or too heady, I'd recommend trying the Intense version.

alexandra.m
alexandra.m

I fell in love with it in the very instant I tried it. It seemed feminine, sensual, bright, in a very sophisticated way; long lasting and strong, yet light in the same time. I didn't want to purchase another fragrance, but I couldn't resist it. Hoewever, once I got it... I didn't wear it, only a few times. I somehow don't seem to find the right time for it.. maybeit would suit a formal evening event, but for me it's not a fragrance to wear every day... a little too pretentious

Casaria
Casaria

100% agree with ancaan too :) instantly fell in love the moment i tried this fragrance and it's longevity on me has left me thinking how will i ever wear any other fragrance again .. just BEAUTIFUL sophisticated femme & sexy ..so much so i would rather marry this perfume than any man :D

fragrantme
fragrantme

This is an absolute classic!
I had gone to buy the edp, but fell for this instead.
Elie Saab fragrances have a radiance, luminescence, which I find so alluring. They just envelope you softly and becomes part of you.
This one is tricky on me, giving different results on different days.A great perfume should be always like this, I guess. Behaving like a true woman, unpredictable and alluring.
Earlier, it was always magnificent orange blossom and warm honey mostly, later on I would get a hint of amber. I never got rose. it has amazing staying power, on me more than 24 hours. Till now, I used to think Pure Poison has the most staying power, but this one beats it .
Yesterday when I tried it on, the orange blossom and honey faded away quickly, in about 4 hours , and settled into the most glorious amber I have ever smelled. It was a lot warmer , maybe that's why.
The first time when I applied it, thinking this to be a demure middle eastern femme, I oversprayed, 4 spritz, and got an instant headache, even though it still smelled magnificent. Now I have come down to two spritz, which covers me for 24 hours!
This is my first honey fragrance, I was a bit skeptical about it, but it is just awesome!
In my opinion, worth the money. It is better to have a few classy scents than a shelf full of tacky ones!

Julie Billi

I totally agree with ancaan !
Very correctly put review!
I am in love with this elixir! Check out the Elie Saab's officicial site & perfumes presentations! I think they are magnificent!!

ancaan
ancaan

When I buy a perfume, it's almost like a marriage proposal: I promise to love you, cherish you, let you complete me. I've hesitated few times before making this purchase, waiting for the right time to wear this fragrance. Today my decision came to an end. I'm finally in love with Elie Saab EDP intense and I regret nothing! This one is not for saggy jeans and a hoodie. It's for a mature and confident woman, strong and also romantic, who's not afraid to show her feminine and delicate side.

I had to try this version, too, of course. I never did because I was afraid it might be a real bomb like magnified EdP. Instead I got an ambery version, thick but close to the skin, where all notes are subdue and nothing screams out of 20cm. It looks like a syrupy brown liquid and one expects some kind of luscious elixir of oriental type infused with orange blossom.
It's vaguely like that but very tamed or maybe too concentrated so that it implodes?
No thick honey, no radiant orange blossom, everything is much more subtle but thick. Especially the typical radiance of Elie Saab line here is not present. It must be a exact choice of perfumer. So this edP Intense is all about ambery intimacy and wearing perfume for yourself. At least, on my skin it behaves like this.
I would say it smells very ladylike in an old-fashioned way. I will re-try for sure, because it intrigues me, even if not what I need going towards spring.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

I never liked smelling this in store, it was too natural and earthy toned. But, one day when purchasing some Armani in a department store they gave me a 4ml sample of this!
It's pretty nice! Not my fave ever, but still it was pleasant and reasonably long lasting (though I put it on at work and didn't leave the room for 6 hours so it had no way to escape anyway). Will have to give it a few more goes. Mature smelling, but not over musky.

Sevenupcake
Sevenupcake

I simple adore this Elie Saab Intense. The scent is sensual, beautiful, warm, inviting, radiant and content...lol.This is the first time that I have found a scent that is the pure essence of who I am. The honey rose, white floral and the amber dry down is pure heaven. Joy overflows my spirit every time the aroma whisk pass my nostril. Elie Saab Intense is euphoria in a bottle!

Feminity in a bottle!
Sweetness and white flowers arrive gently on my nose!
Lovely, sophisticated for a delicate and chic style woman!

Update: I just bought it for the rest of the soft Greek winter we have this year! Its a magic perfume, so womanish, for a stylish woman!
I will buy the original edp for the spring - summer with its body cream!

rosembloom
rosembloom

I adore this perfume! A blast of fresh Neroli, calming yet uplifting wafts around me as Honey kicks in to stay. I personally love those notes and I like that the Intense version smells more gourmand on me than the original . It has great longevity and its sillage is lovely. The rose comes and freshens things up a bit but patchouli-amber rules in the end. A very opulent fragrance for a woman of substance!

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

A definite departure from my more usual likes. I got this as part of a swap (thank you Genny 17!).

After trying it a couple times, my verdict: it's a beautiful, ultra feminine fragrance. Orange blossom is the diva in this composition, supported by honey in a second role. It is so floral I cannot really distinguish the base notes.

I travelled a bit into the memory lane with this one. It reminds me of orange trees blossoming in the spring, and the orange flower water used in pastries in the Maghreb where I grew up as a child. Very happy memories.

I do find it on the verge of being cloying, hovering but never making it into overly sweet and floral territory.

It reminds me of La Perla Just Precious and of Aqua DI Parma Iris Nobile. The former is an imitator (let's not dwell on the fact it is not as interesting overall). The latter is an inspiration or a precursor, Iris Nobile being also a Francis Kurkdjian creation. Both Elie Saab, le Parfum Intense and Iris Nobile share the same base. I am smelling both my wrists and the resemblance is striking, with one major difference: Elie Saab provides for a vibrant orange blossom soprano, whereas Iris Nobile is more of an iris tuberose mezza soprano.

littebee
littebee

It's my new love:) for me it's a modern and better version of Poeme Lancome. I will be back with the review after some time of wearing.
Very longlasting, but sillage is moderate, I would say an arm long.

I've just tested Le Parfum and Le Parfum Intense to find out how different they are. And yes, I have to say that Le Parfum Intense is a lot stronger indeed. Very honey fragrance, but not a killer one. Honey here is sweet and calming, relaxing, pleasant.
I would say that Le Parfum Intense is good for cold season, and Le Parfum is suitable for warmer season. And, Le Parfum Intense has better longevity. Its base notes are really charming! I can still smell honey in patchouli cloud. So sensual, so nice... Highly recommend to try!

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

ELIE SAAB Intense is an uber sweet orange blossom honey pot.

It is more sweet/ gourmand than floral to my nose. The initial spray is a full bodied golden honey drizzled over some soft white petals. I get a tame and standard amber note, which added extra sweeteness. As the fragrance develops on the skin, it reminds me of JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Classique, for they both are extremely syrupy and have that thick, dense and cloying effect.

I think it is a superior honey-centric perfume than L'Instant by GUERLAIN. However, the overwhelming sweetness is not for me and the I do not find ELIE SAAB Intense particularly intriguing or unique.

So how does this compare to the original EDP? I actually think they are not very similar. With Intense catered towards gourmand lovers. I think EDP is a more interesting composition and seems to have better staying power than Intense.

This is a perfect scent for the colder months, but do try before you buy.

blueviolet
blueviolet

This is super beautiful. So smooth less edgy than the original, soft honey notes with amazing floral tones. Its a classy scent, modern and feminine. If you like the other two but want something softer and with more pronounced honey notes, this is the one. Less musk than NR, fuller than EL modern muse, less cedar than the original ( I believe its cedar but could be the patchouli) but slighly heavier than the eau toilette. Its like velvet.

yc01
yc01

This version really mostly reminds me of Lancome poeme perfume but a softer version, not that floral. About 10 to 30 mins after spraying, I also feel like Narciso Rodrguez for her EDP, its creamy rose smell maybe. At the final note, it smells like Lancome Poeme.

SayakaP
SayakaP

Bravo! This is a PERFECTION!
It took several days for me to decide which to buy; Original or Intense.
On my skin, Original's Ceder was a tad too strong. So I bought this one.

When I sniff my skin closely I smell Honey a lot. But when I'm walking around I'd catch a whif of very natural, real Neroli... the essential oil I burn at night.

It's interesting that I can recognize each note clearly. Sweet amber is there, Dark Patchouli is there, Ylang-ylang is certainly there...They're there in harmony, not 'Mixed in one'.

It's not on the pyramid but I smell Cinnamon, which I didn't detect in Original.
Maybe it's in Intense in place of Ceder, to make it warmer.

For sure, it's going to be 'It's Me' scent for long time.
Glad I discovered this :-)

Migalex
Migalex

This is marvelous. I actually like it much better than the original, although I thought at the time it was quite a nice fragrance, the only problem being that I am not that fond of orange blossom. Well, this one does still smell a lot of orange blossom, but it is sweter and much stronger on the base. I do not find very original, but I just adore it. On the top, staying power is fantastic. A true moodlifter. You cannot go wrong with Francis Kurkdjian.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

This is my answer to the longevity problem in Elie Saab EDP. This is beautiful! I love love love it! So rich, so warm, so luxe - this is gold in a bottle. Great longevity, great silage... a total swooner.

hedward
hedward

- Sexy tea -

For such a long time did no perfume have me at hello.. until I met this gorgeus lady. I absolutely love love love this. Overall it smells like honeyed green tea - such as Arizona green tea with honey. Brilliant. The most prominent notes are orange blossom, exotic honey accord and patchouli. Also, despite being a greenish scent Le Parfum intense is VERY thick yet refreshing.

I find this to be very feminine. I as a man can't really pull this off because I don't feel comfortable while wearing this due to the super-sweet honey. Despite that I had to get a small bottle of this beauty so I can wear it at home.

Longevity is excellent, sillage is great but not overwhelming. One of the best women scents along with Angel and Black Orchid. Well done Francis!!

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

It lasts forever! That's not good if you don't enjoy it:( I have Elie Saab EDT and love it! This concoction? To much patchouli and smells like Gucci By Gucci. And Salvador Dali. Nice but something tickles my nose the wrong way. Literally.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I loved the original and thought I would automatically love this too but when I first tried it I was quite disappointed. I found it too sweet and the a bit overpowering. When I was given bottle as a gift I initially thought "Oh no - the wrong one!" but I wore it anyway and I have quickly come to love it! I think maybe it just needed the weather to get a little cooler for the scent to come into it's own. So it's making me very happy right now - the jasmine heavy sweetness is just right for wearing with cashmere! But I won't be wearing it in the summer. It just goes to show - different times of the year bring out the best in different fragrances - and never be too quick too judge!

Sansara36
Sansara36

This smells divine! It will be my signature pefume! I imagine the fragrance would be found in the middle eastern bazaars ! Flowers honey mysterious spices ....blended
into sensual yum!

andronicos
andronicos

I really like the Intense version but the EdP and the EdT are just perfect! I really love them!

heymoe9
heymoe9

I just love this perfume!! It smells like a warm sweet hug from heaven. It surpasses the EDP, in my estimations. The honey, orange blossom and amber are like a ménage a trois of orgasmic scents on my body.
Love in liquid form.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I tried the Intense version on the go at a duty free, and the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned...
I looooove the original Elie Saab Le Parfum, and I find the intense version quite similar in fact, with a more ambery kick. Here, the feminine orange blossom takes a step back in favor of sensual honey and white flower notes, giving an overall more lavish impression.
I will wait for the cool season to set and try this beauty again, as I guess this is more suited for winter nights....To be continued.

Annemarie
Annemarie

The honey is denser in the Intense than in the EDP, and is too heavy and sticky for me. It smothers the glorious orange blossom note in the EDP. I'm less familiar with the EDT but remember it having a lovely citrusy opening which, again, is lost in the Intense version because of the honey. But if you love honey in perfume, this one is for you!

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This version fully deserves its name: intense. It's more heavy, more honey more Elie Saab. Everything more. While regular version tends to turn mega citrusy on my skin this one is perfectly sweet and beautifully balanced on warm amber base. Definitely worth at least trying.

Thandar
Thandar

I got this perfume of 10ml as an extra bonus while buying the original Le Parfum. I prefer this intense version and the scent reminds me of JPG Classique. This version is more creamy and sweet than the original one. I can smell vanilla, honey and orange blossom in it. So, the scent is sweet and warm,at the same time because of orange bloosom, it is fresh and doesn't give headache. But for the original one, I find it quite strong may be because I don't so much like white floral. For me, the intense one is more playful,more energetic and more me.

passionata20
passionata20

26. august 2013

OK.
THIS IS PLAIN PERFECT!
I MEAN IT!

It isn´t heavily promoted, i saw it on the lowest shelf of the promotion desk and even didn´t realize it was the new "intense" version until i sprayed it on the paper strip and discovered that it smells nothing like the amazing original EDP. I was curious if my nose is failing but then i saw it was a new intense version. Oh, it is pure heaven! This version is the one i am getting 100% as soon as possible!!! It is quite different in my opinion form the original and for the best even. I fyou expect the original just more stronger or something like this then think twice. The original EDP is already suoer strong and this is just a different version of the fantastic fragrance which is amazing on it´s own. It is a very good oriental spicy floral. Moderatly sweet, it has that deep spicy amber nuance that kept me stunned. Is it combination of orange flower with honey? probably so. It smells very expensive and super classy. Even now in a hot weather it oesn´smell suffocating, it smells magical. Guess what? It does NOT have vanilla!!! How unusual is that nowdays?? I say VERY! That´s why i think i am loving this soooooooo much. This is indeed something outstanding on it´s own. Dark opening, that smoothly like a fresh liquid honey transforms into gourmand middle stage (maybe not exactly gourmand, but this is how i see it). The fantastic drydown is all about rose and patchouli (with traces of honey and amber) and this time the notes are blended sooo perfectly that nothing stresses me, nothing screams louder than the other notes, it is idyllic! Honestly!
It left me amazed even though i own a LOT of different fragrances and smelled a lot of masterpieces in my parfumista life. This is totally my valley!
It doesn´t have a huge sillage, but strong enough to smell it and for others to smell it as well.
lasts up to 6 hrs on my mixed type of skin during the northern euorpean summer with +25´C outside.
This scent makes me want to grab my new black fur coat, spray it generously with it and wrap myself into it and have a sweetest dream.
Cozy, classy, charming, chic fragrance. That´s what it is!
BIG LOVE!!!!! FINALLY SOMETHING THAT IMPRESSED ME MUCH!

P.S. i jst wish they made a new advertising campaign for it with a dark brown gorgeous dress of Elie Saab selection of dresses. The current campaign doesn´t make a justice for this version!

darcy2
darcy2

I couldn't wait to try this, Elie Saab eau de parfum is one of my absolute favorites; and I wore it on my wedding day. I finally tracked the parfum intense down at Neiman Marcus today, and I sprayed one spray of ES intense on one wrist and the ES original eau de parfum on the other. The opening was similar, but quickly veered off an unwelcome and discordant direction. What happened to the flowers? I'm not even smelling honey, but rather an amber note that seems to clash with the top ones - head on. The amber here feels like an after thought; and it ruins the translucent scaffolding upon which this beauty rests. On my skin, Elie Saab le parfum is pure perfection; and no alteration of the original will enhance it.

skeleton
skeleton

I had high expectations on this one, expecting the original only a bit deeper and warmer, more honey, and amber...which I think would have been perfect. But as other reviewers already wrote, I don't get much of the original in this. I smell...honey. And unfortunately not a very life-like honey either, that could ave been interesting too. Reminds me a lot of ELDO's Noel au Balcon. I mean, it's nice, but still...nah.

Tanyaoxo

Well- I feel like a complete idiot! I do not like it, can't detect much of the original at all and I paid a bomb for it! Lesson learnt!!!!

I will be putting it on ebay for a discounted price, if anyone is interested contact me for details.

Tanyaoxo

Tested the EDP a couple of days ago and loved it, went to order it then saw about the intense version! It sounds just that little bit sweeter, so I bit the bullet and blind bought it from Harrods! They do sell it online at Debenhams however it is currently out of stock. I hope I made the right decision!

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

Love it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, amber with white floral & honey with patchouli makes a sweet floral lovely scent ,it's opulent and sexy perfume good for night and who loves bold style to be sexy and unique.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I want to try this one out so bad it sounds like it would be the best out of them all as i like stronger scents

antonpan
antonpan

This new version is much sweeter in a powdery way and less juicy, even more opulent than edp. A 100 % bestseller.

8-nadia

I believe this perfume is coming out mid August nationwide,but since Elie Saab edp is my favorite I couldn't wait till then to buy the intense version. I decided to shell out for the 30ml,only available at Harrods. Francis Kurkdjian has done it again,BRAVO FRANCIS!

Evangeline Caridad
Evangeline Caridad

I love This PERFUME;Especially The EDT, Not EDP. It's already too strong for Me, Both Of them. I spray The EDP. on my Wrist And Neck with warm water. I sprayed it Twice, Was exactly too strong then it Becomes So Subtle, The Rose,With Ylang ylang Was Begining To Become Sweet and Mist lingering feeling. For a Few Hours The Patchouli and Orange Blossom and Amber mixed Together Was Already In A perfect Harmony Together., It Stays up to 8 hours For Me. I received More Compliments, Very Feminine, I would recommend this As An Evening Perfume For Daring Romantic Encounter, Sweet Lingering And So Extremely Sensual.

8-nadia

Does anyone know when this comes out in England,I mean nation wide.I know they sell it in Harrods but I don't really want to pay a £6 delivery charge if Debenhams will soon be getting it in.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

Someone sprayed this in my face at Nordstrom's, and despite that awkward introduction, I just had to get a bottle (EdP). This has become my go-to scent for chill times during spring, it is so fresh and feminine. This scent is all about the orange flower, and I mean ALL about the orange flower, with just a touch of creaminess once it settles. It's definitely strong, a single spritz goes a long way. But it doesn't last all that long - on me, it's gone in 6 hours. I reach for this bottle mostly when I'm hanging around the house, and want to bring the outdoors inside. But I wouldn't wear this out - too strong initially, disappears quickly, and ultimately not very interesting or original. But it makes a great and cheery backdrop to otherwise routine daytime activities.

liliya17
liliya17

I think the original is very intense they why I opted for toilette, I can't even image how chocking and flowery this one is!!!!!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense by Elie Saab. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense by Elie Saab represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.