Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

5th Avenue Elizabeth Arden for women

5th Avenue Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

I have it: 1275 I had it: 1216 I want it: 280 My signature: 30

5th Avenue Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures 5th Avenue Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures 5th Avenue Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures 5th Avenue Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

5th Avenue is a world-famous street; it is a symbol of wealth, imagination that has turned into reality. This is a fragrance for a woman who possesses a sense of style, a woman which is intelligent, successful, elegant, and easily walks between luxurious showcases, feeling good in her own skin. The top notes are lilac, linden blossom, dewy magnolia, mandarin and bergamot. The heart notes are Bulgarian pink violet, ylang-ylang, jasmine, Indian tuberose, peach, carnation and nutmeg. The base is composed of amber, Tibetan musk, sandalwood, iris and vanilla. The fragrance was created by Ann Gotlieb in 1996.

The nose behind this fragrance is Ann Gottlieb.

Magnolia Lime (Linden Blossom) Mandarin Orange Lilac Lily-of-the-Valley Bergamot

Nutmeg Carnation Tuberose Violet Peach Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Bulgarian Rose

Cloves iris Amber Sandalwood Vanilla Musk

Starring
Halston Sheer
Journey

5th Avenue Fragrance Reviews

Emma0714
Emma0714

This is summer-elegance in a bottle.

If you want to smell like you came freshly out of the shower after a day in the sun, this is the perfect fragrance. Smells like a chiffon dress and new leather sandals. And sunscreen, in a luxury, elegant way.

bell82
bell82

On my skin is like light version Halston Sheer. Very nice.

coria
coria

Once been told that it tasted as good as it smelled. It is elegant and I loved to use it then.

Valentina29
Valentina29

It smells very floral, it resembles with Bu Sarantis wild. It has a clean and fresh smell, perfect for spring and summer!!

happyhappyhappylady
happyhappyhappylady

Like many others on here, I've decided to move beyond the price of a fragrance and try it out for how it smells on me. I was so pleasantly surprised how this fragrance smelled on me - thank you for all the reviews, I don't know I would have tried it without the thoughts of others, good and bad. On me, this perfume is a lot like it is for reviewer ginaerdahl. It melts into my skin. It started with a strong floral smell that I thought would be overwelming or be a headache trigger but then when the dry down came within a hour, it changed to a barely clean, light floral that smells like my skin was rubbed with soft smelling flowers. I also smell some kind of barely there woody musk with a hint of vanilla. I absolutey love this on me and could see it as something I would wear quite often. I agree with many others who said it is elegant and classy. I also find it calming and just enjoy wearing it for myself. I love many fragances but unfortunely can't wear too many. Must be my own body chemistry but I have smelled wonderful perfumes on others that are just awful on me. I am lucky this is one that works really well on me. If you like clean florals that are not overpowering, I would give this a try to see if it would work with your body chemistry. I hope they keep making this one.

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

A true work of art!! I am so excited to have purchased a perfume of any value! My blind buys have been pretty depressing lately. This perfume is so classy. Smells clean without smelling like cleaner. Its bold, has some oomph behind it, yet it is so soft. Perfectly balanced. It really blends into my skin. Some perfumes seem to just sit on top of my skin and radiate a smell. This melts into my skin.
I smell lilac in the opening, then I can't differentiate notes. Just blends into a beautiful bouquet.
Despite being almost twenty years old, this is not dated.
The bottle is beautiful. It has a turbo spray! I can see only needing one or two. Silliage and longevity are great.
My taste is not the fruity florals that are all the rage now. Also, I'm a total bargain shopper. This fits the bill. 16.99 at Marshall's, doesn't smell like a candy bar, I am so pleased......And I smell friggin awesome!! :-)

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

The note of rose in this fragrance is delicious. Its feminine and classy. The longetivity on this fragrance is great. Lovely perfume and a lovely price.

Sherihan
Sherihan

Great notes, beautiful character,strong one. Classy and elegant in a classical way, it's really introduced in 1996, but it really belonged to the golden age of perfumes.

Nottinghillbelle
Nottinghillbelle

such an underrated perfume, guess it needs to be advertised more. It's so sophisticated but yet it doesn't give off the mature vibe.

Lovely and sweet.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

This fragrance is simply amazing. When I wear it I feel like enetering the garden of Eden. It exudes with a fresh and floral bouquet that will make you feel special, wanted, unique. I adore it and recommended. Also,today, it is at a very special price on Strawberrynet, if someone interested.

laurakaye
laurakaye

I have been passing this up for years - why, WHY?? Because I was always under the assumption that it fell into the Giorgio/Poison category - I have no idea why - the advertising, maybe? I was WRONG!

Lilac, linden, lily-of-the-valley, my perfect springtime trifecta of real, natural scents that indicate the beginning of spring in my corner of the world. Had I known about this years ago, I would've been wearing 5th Avenue since the minute it hit the shelves. Better late than never!

This was a blind buy in a set of 4 EA minis. It's a fresh burst of springtime in a bottle. Fresh, spirit-lifting, happy, elegant, floral and lovely!

Panda68
Panda68

One of the best feminine scents there is. A wonderful bouquet of flowers captured in a timeless perfume. It is elegant, refined, warm and romantic. Anyone who wears this will invite compliments from all.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Just discovered that I haven't reviewed 5th Avenue yet! What a shame because it is one of my favourite florals and I just recently finished up a big bottle and will definitely purchase again. My mom always says that this fragrance vibes so well with me and my style and I have to agree (love wearing blouses, polos, simple tops/shirts, jeans and flats) To me 5th Avenue is the elegant touch and finish. It also works with costumes and a LBD like in the advertising but is also the perfect fit for a casual style. I also think that this scent could never be perceived as outdated - it's just too lovely! :) On me it is a soft floral with great sillage and longevity. The lily of the valley stands out which is great because I love you, lily! Depending on the weather I also get some sort of vanilla vibe. Funny... But aboslutely no harsh or metallic notes! Here in Germany not many use this fragrance so you won't smell it on every other woman. For me that's a plus!

aura2424
aura2424

Two spritz of this frag is all i need for the day. on spraying i get a lovely floral bouquet ,i can smell lily of the valley and tuberose predominantly. It never seems to dry down for me and smells the same till my next shower .

lirael00
lirael00

Lovely fragrance, suitable for everyday work, but I wouldn't ever wear this for a night out. It doesn't last that long and it doesn't scream 'Here I am'. I have one big bottle in my bathroom and I spray it regularly on me, just because the scent is not that strong so I'm not bothering others when I'm wandering around the house and doing things. Arden house really has to learn how to make more lasting perfumes, it would be a magnificent improvement. For sure this one is still a classic, and I'm thinking that's because of the great price too, if this would be more expensive not so many people would want to buy it. Just my opinion.

trishtan
trishtan

Beautiful fragrance. Soft sweet white floral. I can smell jasmine. Beautiful, feminine, elegant, classy. Suitable for mature woman. It reminds me of Estee Lauder Pleasures for it's mature scent. Good longevity.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

I love the bottle and... that's it. The perfume does not last any longer than half an hour and with every second becomes more and more disappointing, despite the promising opening notes. What a shame!:'(

Rachelyn
Rachelyn

Oh, this is lovely. If it suits your chemistry, it will be a go-to fragrance for you forever and a day. It is beautifully balanced; a sweet, clean floral, with hints of soft powder, spicy nutmeg and sandalwood, and fruity peach peeking through. The great beauty of it is that it is so understated; there is no knockout punch here, just a charming, gentle and oh so ladylike floral aura. It makes me feel like I am floating on air.

ira.singhal
ira.singhal

This is one of those perfumes you can wear without giving it another thought. Its floral but not overly so. Its got some spicy hints which prevents it from jumping into the overly feminine category. Its good for casual use. I don't drool over it and it doesn't evoke any special emotions, but its one of those nice perfumes for everyday wear that are pleasant and I can wear anywhere anytime and not worry about it being inappropriate! It goes to office and goes to the party! Its definitely something I will buy again because its so easy to use. Its fun,classy, smart and energetic but not sporty. It isn't super sophisticated but it isn't girly. It doesn't fall into any specific age group or type of person and its price makes it a superb bet! I would recommend it as a blind buy if you are someone who likes florals in general. In any case its a great go-to perfume to have in your collection.

odie
odie

wonderful....I think this is a beautiful and composed fragrance that captures its name at heart. No jarring,alcohol or sour undertones. I'll be going back to the perfume counter to get myself one soon, actually I nearly bought this as my Christmas gift but it lost to KK's "Pure Honey" for now.

Juliana6
Juliana6

A summer in December!
I was looking for a realistic lilac scent but I gave up, they all were so synthetic and boring. But now I've found this - a perfect spring flower bouquet in a solid, heavy pure design glass vase. The lilac with the Lily-of-the Valley is really beautiful, refreshing, uplifting. The nutmeg and other spices give some warmth and depth to it- like a mild spring breeze blowing over blooming meadows.
The key word for this is- classy. Classy, expensive, long lasting, feminine. I like it very much.

Hrisi
Hrisi

I'm not surprised by the wonderful fragrance of this perfume, because at the moment I saw the luxurious bottle, I was convinced that the the smell will be special. Like this type of scents - feminine, but not in a granny way. There is clean and shampoo scent that is very durable. I don't find it intrusive floral, but rather soft and even creamy in the dry down. This scent is seductive and sexy in a classy way. It could be signature scent, because has a presence. The lady who choose it will not go unnoticed, I guarantee it!
When I want to give off elegance and femininity would be stopped exactly to 5th Avenue.

eelss
eelss

I like the smell and Avon Incandessence lovers probably love this perfume too :)

honeyhingco
honeyhingco

I went on a blind buy for this perfume. I don't like it as much as the others here do, and I'm in my early 20's when I purchased it. I think it suits more of a mature woman. I let my mom try it and observed that she was just "okay" with its scent (her signature scent BTW is D&G Light Blue). If I hadn't opened the box yet I would probably return it to my friend who sold it to me. I think it suits rich, classy and elegant alpha females of the society. I give this 2 out of 5 stars.

BetterJuice
BetterJuice

Random Guy in the Street: "Wow, you smell good. Do you always smell that good?"

Me: "Of course."

The fragrance that literally stopped this guy in his tracks?

Elizabeth Arden's Fifth Avenue.

The guy was overly fresh, but I was impressed that a scent I was wearing for the first time got that kind of response. Since I've started educating myself on what notes work well with my body chemistry, I was happy to see that Fifth Avenue contains ones that just might become my signature: bergamot, amber, sandalwood and vanilla.

I don't think I would have gravitated to perfumes with these notes in the past, but why fight what works? The surprise note here is NUTMEG. I don't have the most sophisticated nose in the world, but this note really stands out to me.

I think I'm loving Elizabeth Arden's Fifth Avenue.

Missyee
Missyee

Is it a very light scent!?? Because its one of those fragrances which i cannot smell on me after spraying it ..very mild floral scent.the lasting is ok .It does remind me of Estee lauder Pleasure.

sissu
sissu

This perfume is SO nice!
I just received it in a swap and I couldn't be happier :) The combination of lily-of-the-valley, liliac and linden blossom just works magic on my skin. It smells clean and classy and propper. Suitable for any occasion really. I'm pretty sure this is a fume I would like to always have on hand in my collection and since the price is right there's not much standing in the way of that, I hope. (I'm counting on EA to keep this baby in production for ever and ever!). To sum 5th Avenue up in a single word: Elegant! With a capital E....and oh so pretty ♥♥♥♥

Kristinen
Kristinen

This definitely doesn't work for everyone, but if the chemistry is good its a gorgeous floral. On me it's a soapy scent, which I normally dislike, however somehow this just works with the floral. I agree it smells a bit like air fresher if you sniff the bottle but it's not like that on the skin. Pleasant comfortable soapy floral for those days you don't want any fuss and just to feel clean but still wear perfume. Perfect for daytime a little too tame for a special night

nilinel
nilinel

This is an awesome perfume!! i love it (am 28 btw). my colleaugue at work even asked me where i got this nice perfume.

will definitely recommend for 25+. this is not for teens but for women who want to feel classy and sophisticated.

can also be used during the day or at night.

joan100
joan100

A very soapy (albeit nice) smell. My mum wore this some time back!

Reemy
Reemy

I really liked it on my friend, so I got one for myself, but I hated it because it smelled like air refresher! and it gave me a weird headache whenever I wore it.
So I think it's a "Love it or Leave it" kind of perfume.

giola
giola

Classy, lady-like, attractive.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

I have only one other fragrance from the purely 'floral' group in my collection (Amarige, no less!) and I was a little tentative about the idea of selecting another one.
Since Spring has sprung I have been craving the honeyed sweetness of a floral fragrance but I didn't want anything overwhelming. I needn't have worried. This is gorgeous.
I was so pleased to find it's a rounded, warm floral that stays true for hours. So, thanks to the many previous reviewers for putting this one on my radar.

sky74
sky74

I just love this perfume. Used to be my favorite, my signature scent for years. I think it's heaven, The most pleasant smell I know. It's not for mature women exclusively. I wore it in my early 20's when it came out and Could't stop ever since. The one and only fragrance I don't get tired of. 10/10

abbeyroad68
abbeyroad68

My fragrance 'palette' has changed throughout the decades. I started out with Chanel 22 which I wish they were still making, then moved to White Diamonds, and now this lovely fragrance. Not for the younger woman as Chanel 22 was, but for more mature tastes. I love it. Just bought Estee Lauder's "Sensuous Nude" and enjoy the same. Very lovely adult fragrances :)

dhya
dhya

One of my perfume that I always keep on stock. Yes, every woman who wear this perfume will describe as feminine, elegant and beautiful. Very lovely. Good staying power.

Femigirl
Femigirl

Very gentle and stylish. A classic scent and I love wearing it to the office.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

What a beautiful scent!5th Avenue is a perfect blend of floral sweetness,not overpowering,but just the perfect perfume to make you feel really lovely.this is one of the perfumes that you love to spray a few sprays in the air,walk into it and let the lovely aroma fall over you,to carry it with you all day. Rafreshing,Floral, Delicate,Clean,Inoffensive,Classic, Elegant and Ultra Feminine.

5th Avenue is classified as a vibrant flowery fragrance.the very essence of white flowers especially lily-of-the-valley that mixed with magnolia,lilac and bergamot in the top notes,while the feminine jasmine and tuberose of the core alongside the vanilla,iris and amber base,the atmosphere instantly becomes dreamy upon inhaling their emanations.

The smell is so beautiful and fresh like you are walking among fresh and beutiful flower garden in Spring.just inhale deeply as you wash up,you'll love it.it will please everyones appetite.perfect for women who wants to smell fresh whole day.A great everyday scent especially for the Office but subtle enough as when you go on a date as it makes you feel beautiful and feminine.if you like white florals you will fall in love with this one.Absolutely clean.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?+4 hours on my skin.

6.75/10

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

Typical Nan or Grandma smell I like it its classy and elegent like my Nan.

graceful.gracelo
graceful.gracelo

too heavy and mature for me :(

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

I truly admire Arden Beauty and tend to appreciate dry florals, and this is why I thought I would like 5th Avenue. But no, this is terrible on me. I get a distinct smell of Glade toilet freshener.

alchimia72

A typical white floral, light and fresh, useful for hot summer days, with strong notes of lily of the valley and magnolia. Simple and clean, without sharp notes that are often present in strong floral fragrances. Nothing complicated but I like it. Someone finds it a bit oriental, in my opinion it's more floral green than oriental floral. Very cheap anyway.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Opens up with a burst of florals. It smells to me like a field of white/yellow flowers. Ten minutes later a distinct peachiness can be smelt. The peach note is not evident as a fruit but rather makes the scent a little velvety. There's also a creamy and spicy tea element to this scent. Overall it's what you'd call a "flower power" fragrance and seems suited for dressing up neatly.

Personally I am not a floral kind of person so I'll pass.

biki
biki

On me- a dangerous monster that jumps continously from my cleaveage up high trying to show how scary he is,penetrating through my internal organs on his way. On my mother- a mildly,florally sweet classy perfume both for outdoor and indoor wear,great with high heals and the eve in theatre. On her skin there is no chance of the perfume being eaten up by a huge outdoor spaces,neither can it smother people and give them headache in tiny indoor ones. I can try it hundreds times over,it will not work,there are too many notes that dont work for me. But i do appreciate it a lot-classy but not class-obsessed, designed for the people that have well-passed snobbery and bragging but have means and know how to enjoy finer things in life, for those for who being classy is a neverending habit, an everyday ritual, a fenomenon that is both recquired in their society on daily basis and in the same time relished by their own souls.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Why did I ignore this one for so long? I've seen it on sale at pretty much every Chemist or Department Store I've been in for the last 15 years at least. I'm not sure why I ignored it, I've loved the name and it's history forever...but I think I figured it was either too old for me and kind of assumed it would be boring.

I was wrong!

I was given a bottle of this yesterday and wasn't that excited about trying it, I honestly didn't expect much - and I have to admit that I was a bit nervous when I sprayed it as for the first minute all I got was a strong alcohol, generic but pleasant burst of florals.

However, when it started to dry down, I noticed the florals started to mellow out and then came the light peachy/fruity note followed by some sweet spices (I'm guessing this is due to the Nutmeg). This is floral, mildly fruity, sweetly spicy and very, very, VERY clean without being soapy. There is something quite sophisticated about this to me, and I dare say something elegant as well.

VERY pleasantly surprised by this one!

MsDana
MsDana

One of my favorites, it is sophisticated, elegant, and feminine. It is a bold floral scent, but not at all cloying, and is long wearing which is very nice. It smells of lovely florals such as Lilac, Lilly of the Valley & Magnolia, Violet & Rose, then Mandarin orange and Lime, then the lovely undertones of clove, amber and musk. It is one of the best out there for women 25 years and up, a little heavy & too sophisticated for teen girls though IMO. It is one of my signature fragrances, and I often get complements by men when I wear it, so I will usually wear this one on a date.

popollll
popollll

I am a pretty androgynous person... This scent was little to feminine for my taste. I also felt that the scent was little too mature for me. My mother likes it though. I bought a bottle for her few years back. This is her third bottle on the line-up. She wears it when she feels like changing things up from her usual Red Door

This would make an excellent workplace fragrance. It's soft and clean. Lily of the valley is brightened up by linden blossom. It's quite fresh, with some musky magnolia and very mild carnation adding a slight spice. I wouldn't be nervous about the clove & carnation notes as you won't get them in overdose ala Opium.
This smells very 90's, but not in a bad way. I think it's just the clean, musky, softly floral quality this has that is so reminiscent of many other fragrances of it's era.

RGR
RGR

I usually find EA perfumes to be too dated for me to wear or too green and aquatic but this is a different one. If I had two words for this perfume it would be feminine, this is a LADY. I have observed the women who wear 5th Avenue to be elegantly coiffed, expertly manicured and well mannered. I can see why.

Lilacs are one of my favorite flowers and I detect some here. I also smell the lily of the valley and find myself appreciating the development of the fragrance. This perfume is soft, a carefully picked bouquet. It isn't screechy or too spicy (even though it has nutmeg in it). A few hours after spraying it on my wrist I discovered myself thinking about that high quality lotion Elizabeth Arden is famous for. I am reminded of this small treat we women experience when we smooth out a little lotion on our hands. I smile because I know this is part of my night-time ritual and I love that part of the day. Having said that I can now say 5th Avenue has a close to skin, clean and welcoming elegance I struggle to find in todays perfumery.
I also like that the fruity notes are there but done very subtle. The dry down is so good and kind of warm. It reminds me of a hug. I now understand this is the musk, the iris and the amber that give it an embracing warmth to it. It is almost powdery but not entirely.

I find this the perfect transition for those who used to wear the heavy 80s floral power house fragrances and want something more updated and dare I say a bit more of a modern juice. This is still flowery but less rough around the edges. Its right in the middle of the fragrance pendulum. Its not juvenile and its not dated.
This is feminine, delicate and much easier to wear.

Soignee
Soignee

This is a feminine, floral, sophisticated scent. It is a perfume for a classy, professional woman.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Wow, i was not expecting to like it that much like i do actually.
It's straight forward lilly of the valley from the beginning until the end. I can't detect any other notes here or i don't want because i enjoy this tiny white flowers so much.
This perfume brings me back to my childhood when i was picking up lilies and bringing them to mama. She used to put them in a vase and the smell they had was gorgeous. So summery, fresh and simple. I'm gonna consider buying my own bottle very soon.

soyuncolibri
soyuncolibri

Cuando lo compré estaba en oferta a muy buen precio, por lo que tenía que comprarlo, además venía con otra botella. Realmente fue una buena compra, es una fragancia de uso diario para personas de nivel ejecutivo para arriba, o para salir. Tiene una buena duración y sólo hay que retocarlo horas después. En general es un muy buen perfume con un agradable aroma. Cuando lo uso siempre hay alguien que me pregunta por su nombre o me dice que huelo muy bien. Lo recomiendo para personas de más de 25 años pues no es un aroma juvenil pero si trabajas en un ambiente corporativo es excelente.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Bought this because I can't pass up a good bargain and I am pretty pleased with my purchase. I actually got it a few months ago but figured it would be best to try this in the spring.

This is a true floral - despite the inclusion of the oh-so-standard vanilla base note. I smell primarily a lot of pretty realistic lilac in the first few minutes. The prominent lilac is what actually encouraged me to purchase the perfume. There is absolutely nothing on this earth like the scent of lilacs in full bloom and I think overall the lilac in 5th avenue is a very good representation of the flower, never fake or overpowering. Lily is right up there, too. I really like that even though these two flowers can be really strong and can easily overtake a fragrance stay balanced and sweet. The prominent florals soften to a clean, smooth base that is slightly soapy and sweet.

This fragrance is inoffensive in the best possible way - a nice modern floral that is never stuffy or powdery, great for spring. Thumbs up!

pipergirl
pipergirl

On first spray this is very, very, very FLOWERY which is not really my thing. But upon dry down the flowery notes tone down and a clean, sweet floral emerges with a bit of a soapy finish. Gentle and feminine. Overall, a nice day scent.

dream
dream

This was the first perfume I had. It was great for me as it was a first experience, but now I have different favourites, still holds great memory for me though. I still remember that one day it fell on the floor and broke :( one year after I leaned to the floor to pick my earings and I could still smell it!! would you believe that!!! after one year and many times of floor cleaning

piahellgren
piahellgren

I smell the linden blossom in the opening and pretty soon the nutmeg makes it deeper, a tiny bit fun, maybe in spite of its ladylikeness. Linden blossom is one of the finest scents there is- light, clean, grassy, delicate and the nut meg makes this scent not just super classy, but also interesting even though it is a very serene scent. Yes, serene. This is the scent I have worn the longest, the most often and it truly is a part of every day me. It doesn´t drive me crazy with passion like Armani Original, it doesn´t evoke silvery, icy sterness and complete originality like Cristalle, but it makes me calm, kind, open minded and... spiritual! Just because it makes me feel so real and so gentle. The iris in it adds freshness and the perfect and subtle vanilla in the dry-down caresses me in its tender, trustworthy and faithful embrace. Completeness. A gem, Arden!

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

A hidden gem..Don't judge it with its affordable price tag! It IS a beautiful, sophisticated, classy perfume to behold!!!

francisrose
francisrose

5th Avenue is a wonderful,gentle and soothing fragrance that is clean and quite beautiful. It begins with a lovely lilac and lily that is quite like being in a garden. This would be enough for me, as I love florals but this fragrance takes on another dimension with the musk and vanilla in the drydown. It seems to be a little like a floriental at the end. Very nicely done fragrance. I picture eyelet dresses and strands of pearls when I smell this and it is perfect for spring and summer. I can't say it is my favorite but I always repurchase this for myself when I run out for the warmer months. Very pretty.

LaPetite
LaPetite

This is the typical case when I compare the marketing campaign of a perfume and what I feel about this scent , I'm just like " what the heck???
To me , this scent does not smell luxury or expensive ( I didn't say it smells cheap) , for me, 5th Avenue is a very typical floral for the springtime and office wear , it smells clean and fresh.
It smells lily of the valley a lot and makes me think of Gucci 's Envy . And as Envy is now very hard to find at a reasonable price, 5th Avenue is a good compromise, though not as good.
The lasting power is good.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I got it from my dad when I was 19-20, I wore it then I used the whole bottle but I never bought another one and I don't think I will.
It is a nice, clean scent, classic, very elegant, inoffensive and can be bought at a reasonable price.
I don't really like this kind of fragrances anymore, but if I needed a nice floral I would consider 5th Avenue.

nomi77
nomi77

nice fragrance in a budget

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I love this scent! It's perfect for spring, but I can still find myself reaching for it in winter as well! It is quite a linear scent, flowery sweet, fresh, a bit soapy. Makes me feel showerfresh all day! And it draws compliments! Such a pretty perfume and always can be found for a very affordable price! I will definitely keep purchasing whenever I run out!

alchimia72

Great and pleasant surprise from a cheap fragrance. Anything of complex but a linear and elegant fragrance built around Lily of the valley and lilac. Fresh, clean, unoffensive, weareable in any occasion, best during the day because of its simpleness. I adore lily of the valley and I was looking for a floral fragrance like that.Very relaxing, like a walk in a garden full of flowers. I don't find it so oriental but more floral. I had the occasion to Know this pearl by the generous user Namida. Thank Namida very much.

gabygol
gabygol

Never held on me and never liked it that much. I liked the idea of the elegant Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany, for instance, but even with all the compelling significance is not a very nice fragrance. It smells a little...bitter.

PrinceRobbie
PrinceRobbie

This might not seem like a very polite thing to say about it (because I do really like it!) but I get visions of an old bouquet of flowers sitting in someones attic. The floral smells come through beautiful, but it's like something heavy has been laid on top of it all. It could be the Nutmeg, Sandalwood and Musk notes but I can't really pull them apart anyway.
It's a mature smell, nice evening wear and I was in love with it at first but now that my bottle is starting to empty, I am considering not replacing it. I have had a nice run with it but it may just be a bit middle-aged for me.

Beypazari
Beypazari

İ do not like musk very much and the musk note is very dominant on this one

jessigirl
jessigirl

I love this perfume. It smells light,fresh and floral. The lilac really makes this such a classy scent!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I used to be so scared to try this because I thought this was a seatmate's fragrance back in College which I thought was too mossy and dirty. (What on earth was I thinking?)

A decade later----I read somewhere that this is somewhat like Estee Lauder's Pleasures so I bought a sample.

Well, they are not exactly the same but they evoke the same feeling----that fresh feeling after a thunderstorm or a breezy afternoon in the park. I cannot believe I allowed a silly assumption to cloud my judgment. This is a beautiful floral---a bit soapy, light, and green without being too citrusy. I want a full bottle. :)

I loooove it!

Are there any more fragrances that are similar to this?

cookies1
cookies1

Pure elegance,classy,floral.Confident woman scent.It was love at first smell.Wearable at work or romantic park walk,any time and any where.Lily of the valley and lilac dominates with a touch of musk.Unobtrusive but noticeable.Simply gorgeous

meeks
meeks

I'm going back to wearing this as my everyday scent. Its clean, fresh, and floral without being overbearing. It almost smells like a scented lotion on my skin. Going back to this after 10 years! Love it!

Bella Amapola
Bella Amapola

This is what I call a sophisticate scent, I can't believe you can buy for a low price of such a feminine and classy perfume. I totally love it.

Stoycho
Stoycho

I love this one!

tanithh
tanithh

It's nice,, A simple classic scent.

sana_me
sana_me

It's a classic. If you go in a classy party, you would actually find many people wearing it. It's easy to get compliments for this.

tandi
tandi

5th avenue is not very impressive in the opening but oh my! the dry down is gorgeous...clean,classy,elegant and I cannot imagine this offending anyone. A nice floral. I wish I could get a perfume that smells like 5th avenue drydown from the opening

jmbmars
jmbmars

5th Avenue is a beautiful,classy,and elegant fragrance. It's perfect for any age. It does not smell the least bit maw maw at all. It's fresh with lovely white florals. I'm a tough perfume critic and this gem has me floored. I can't believe I waited so long to give it a try. LOVE IT!

janset
janset

It's timeless.Elegant forever.An ideal gift for friends 30+.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

This perfume always reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. It is fresh, clean, crisp, elegant but pretty and charming, never cold. I love it, you really cannot go wrong with it if you want a lovely white floral scent. The thing I like most about it is that it has a bit of a warm, woodsy base. That takes it from pretty to stand out in my book.

natural
natural

if I had to describe it in one word I would say "elegance"! ( a very affordable elegance actually!) A beautiful,chic and classy perfume that every woman should have!

Jama4
Jama4

5th Avenue is a pure floral. The lilac note is prominent.

Skin type: Oily / Youthful
Office Safe: Yes very
Potency: Medium ( 2-5 sprays)
Projection: arm's length
Longetivity: 6hrs
Timing: spring & summer / day time
Packaging: 6/10 the bottle and box are a bit boring.
Price: at Winners/ TJ Maxx
$12 for 30ml / 1.10 oz
$19 for 100 ml / 3.38 oz

Will I Repurchase: NO

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

Annaengel
Annaengel

Nice, but didn't last long on me

dezaval
dezaval

Urban chic! That's how I call this fragrance. White flowers and fruits like peach and green apple and a hint of woods make it sophisticated and elegant. I am very fond of it.

derkargy
derkargy

I repurchased it today after 15 years.It still remains in light...

rosembloom
rosembloom

I have owned this lovely fragrance since i was 18... quite a while ! I have repurchased it with much pleasure. It is so soft and clean, reminding me of a Spring breeze when the Lilacs are in full bloom. I love using the shower gel ( very fresh and invigorating scent to wash with and leaves a soft floral trace) and the cream ( so velvety soft and quite scented I find). It starts my day on a happy note . If there were more mandarin-orange notes, it could indeed resemble Happy from Clinique: they both put a smile on my face and a spring in my step. I get so many compliments on this frag, it's insane. It stays with me all day and lifts my spirits like a cuddle. On this warm Fall day, I have treated myself to all the products and I feel pampered and so fresh. This delicious scent will be in my perfume wardrobe as long as they make it. I usually go for sweet, fruity , vanilla and patch bombs so this is a nice change. Enjoy!

joliecat
joliecat

5th Avenue is a very clean smell, due to the blend of cloves, bergamot, and mandarin orange softened by peach. The florals are strong but at the same time expertly blended with sandalwood and a little musk, amber and vanilla to give them an overall deep softness. Nutmeg isn't heavy, but there's just enough of it to give a slight underlying crisp note.
5th Avenue has great silage and lasts more than 12 hours on skin. It's refreshing, soft, full bodied, classy, and rich. Love it !

Many fragrances use citrus like lemon or limes, then add cedar, pine, and bamboo to create a "fresh clean" aspect. But 5th Avenue has none of those ingredients, and still manages to smell bright, fresh, like the clean clear outdoor smell just after a rain shower. Beautiful !

hübsche Frau
hübsche Frau

I bought this one today while shopping. The best thing is that it was on 70% sale. It came with a body lotion. I like this perfume and I first got it as a birthday present from my sister. I love this perfume. It's classic, fresh, clean and pleasant smell.

"The fragrance for a woman who possesses a sense of style, a woman which is intelligent, successful, elegant, and easily walks between luxurious showcases, feeling good in her own skin". This definitely describes me. :)

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This would be very lovely if the "cigarret note" were removed. I get the exact same awful note in Splendor too, for example. Sharp and dirty cigarettes...

The lilac and lily of the valley are sursprisingly nice, and I normally HATE floral perfumes. It smells kind of musky and dark, not like a flower shop. Elegant, but at the same time simple.

Similar to Gucci Guilty.

Great sillage and longevity. Not to expensive either.

roxyrose
roxyrose

My favourite perfume, it suits every occassion and i feel beautiful and complete when i wear it. I will also have a bottle of this.

msthanhdung
msthanhdung

a classic one! Ever!

BettyNoir

This is beautiful: fresh, clean and light. I always feel great when I wear it. It's not expensive either but smells delightful and wouldn't annoy anyone if they were stuck in a lift with you. Light florals, a bit of hyacinth, a bit of rose, and a lovely fresh bouquet like a spring day.

BettyNoir

Wonderful- fresh, clean, floral, light- can't beat it. it smells feminine, it's not cloying and it's really pleasant. I feel great as soon as i put it on.

PLUMPIE

A light breezy easy to wear perfume good for the office, casual or ocassions where you don't want to overshadow anyone else (i.e. bridesmaid duty). Clean magnolia/lilly of the valley with a slightly soapy undertone but no powder. I would say there is some almondy notes in here somewhere - sweet but slightly bitter a bit like Champs Elysee's but not sickeningly so.

Trinidella

ok.I am still sniffing it after spraying it on 5 mins ago. Ok Ok so its not a "young scent" but it deserves a nod in a perfume wardrobe. Prefer the "after 5"

Trinidella

IT IS A CLASSIC.......OWN IT!

jae-p
jae-p

This is a nice, clean, classy floral. I started wearing this in my early twenties and it suits me as well now as it did then. I work in healthcare and this is my go-to perfume for work.

leila_mic
leila_mic

It's a very classy, select fragrance - Not sexy, sensual or offending. It is great for work, formal Meetings and autumns days. I love it

hails_blogger
hails_blogger

nice classy scent and not offensive. Not a real stand out, but nice enough for office wear.

Abby1970
Abby1970

This is a lovely perfume. It’s an easy to wear, pleasant, inoffensive, classy, clean floral that stays very close to the skin. Perfect for the office as it’s silage stretches about 6 inches, max. It’s never going to offend anyone!

It’s also inexpensive enough to spray it several times throughout the day as its staying power, on my skin at least, is very poor. I apply 3-4 full sprays and 3 hours later it’s all gone.

wind83
wind83

Well its kind of office perfume i guess, very similiar with Vera wang woman.

Long lasting of course 6-7 hours in my skin, i recommended this perfume to a woman who works at office, konvensional type..

i gave it 7/10

Migalex
Migalex

Funnily enough I did not appreciate that much this perfume before, but that is due to my personal taste for scents. I am not that much a lilly of the valley or magnolia person. I do not appreciate lilly of the valley much and tend to dislike the scent of magnolia. I do love jasmine though, and can also appreciate lilly of the valley in the right mixture. What I smell most intense in this perfume is lilly of the valley filled up with jasmine sweet roundness and with a tinge of magnolia, freshened up by vanilla light sweetness. Find it very well balanced now and very pleasant. Also, it is a full bodied scent, not thin, and quite complex. I find the balance perfect and now do like it very much. And very good value for money. You cannot beat it.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This is just one of those Perfumes every American woman tries because its classic and her mom or grandma had it. Its not a bad fragrance, thats why its done so well, but to me its just kinda boring. This is good for if you need to give a gift to someone who is 21+ female and you dont know what gift to give. When worn Very lightly it works on almost everyone. its classy but nothing special.. its like a plain little black dress.

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

This fragrance is very simply a clean, sophisticated lilac. Immediately when it goes on, the lilac starts to bloom and blossom and it becomes softer and more lush in the dry down. Elizabeth Arden fragrances are so wonderful because they smell interesting and beautiful, but they are so inexpensive! It lasts for a long time on the skin, but it does not scare off the people around you. 5th Avenue is a great fragrance for those of you who want a lovely, expensive smelling perfume for a lower price.

ailishlu
ailishlu

I bought this as ablind buy in a department store because it was inexpensive and I knew the name Elizabeth Arden. When I got home, the first spray was overpoweringly hairspray-like as some people have already noticed. Then it settled down to nothingness. What a waste of money I thought and put it aside. After a few weeks I thought I´d give it a second try. Totally wierd! This time there was no hairspray smell. It went on strong though, but I persevered and after a short time - perhaps about 10 minutes - it settled down to a beautiful light, fruity floral scent with strong base notes. I get the peach almost at the beginning, but after a few hours I can´t stop sniffing my wrist where I detect a beautiful amber, musky smell. Very subtle, but still there. Perhaps it´s the tuberose? It has a kind of addictive quality for me. In any case, I´m so happy that I didn´t waste my money and I´ll keep going back to 5th Avenue.

caca102
caca102

My skin does not work with florals and this is no exception. I don't smell the freshness or sweetness that other people talked about at all. On my skin it was stale and bitter. I had the same reaction with Estee Lauder's Pleasures, which is another floral that is often described as fresh. I ordered a small sample and worn it for a few hours. It only got more bitter and heavily spicy with time. Not for me. But if you like florals you should probably give this a try.

annahaener
annahaener

I have full botlle, if anyoune need it I would LOVE to swap it... Sprayed it 3 times MAX... Yak...
Update:
Starting to liking it...

Vampiris
Vampiris

nice floral scent,classic bottle..so elegant

perfect for someone who is attached to it..won't change a thing about it..

the only thing is it is way to classic and 80s!

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A wonderful timeless and Golden scent that will embrace

the inner heart of ever woman.

I am young, and 5th Avenue has captured my heart's eye.

may_perfumeaddicted
may_perfumeaddicted

I'm on my second bottle of it!
To me it's quite light, very floral and slightly sweet. Not candy sweet like, but flowery sweet like. It makes me feel clean and peaceful. It's a pleasant fragrance with a good price and wearable at anytime, anywhere, any weather. Proof of that is that I wore this on a snowy Japanese weather and now on a tropical Brazilian weather. Both ways it smelled very good!

StargazySkye
StargazySkye

5th Avenue is my favorite Liz Arden fragrance and usually the only one I wear alone. I have very dry skin, and scents usually smell very true on me. 5th Avenue is bright and warm. In the winter or at night, you can really heat it up by using some Red Door with it. Or Sunflowers, which is not a light blend, in spite of the name. In warm weather, add Green Tea for light sweetness. For absolute romance, add True Love or Splendor. One of best facets of Liz Arden scents is that they work so well together, so you can find the exact combination for your mood. Yes, I have two shelves in the linen closet lined with bottles. Fragrance is the best link to the emotions. Use it.

katerina.katka770
katerina.katka770

I use to wear it 10 years ago and I loved it. It's very feminine and classy and now that I think about it, I would love to buy it again. Very nice perfume.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I don't like labeling scents with labels that say: "for old people" or "teenagers only". How can one argue about taste? Or assign a scent to a certain age-group if every scent reacts different to each skin? Diversity is a good thing! What doesn't work on my skin might be someone else's most cherished perfume and I think people should remember that more often.

I think 5th Avenue Elizabeth Arden For Women is one of the many scents that suffer from bad (age/price) publicity. Most unfair and very unfortunate, because although it's a 'cost effective' fragrance, it's by no means "cheap". In fact it is a very well made floral.

My mother loved lilacs and had a wonderful lilac-bush that would spread every year the most gorgeous scent. I love the scent of lilacs, and have been looking for a lilac perfume that gives me that scent from my childhood on my skin to enjoy without that other notes come in and distract too much from the lilac.
Well, 5th Avenue does just that! It is a gorgeous lilac perfume from beginning to end. The mimosa and (very faint) lily-of-the-valley are by no means a distraction, if anything they help the lilac shine.
The lilac shines so warm and brightly that all the other notes are back-up singers in a choir that sings praise to the gorgeous lilac. There is a scent evolvement, but the lilac is always the top-note that manages to live in floral-harmony with all the other notes. This prevents it from becoming boring, since you do get whiffs of the other notes but they never distract from the lilac.

The silage is: "I am sitting under a lilac bush!" The longevity is wonderful: 8+ hours. To me this floral is suitable for everyone who loves lilacs, no matter what age. And it can be worn for every occasion since it is also a very elegant, yet playful and yummy fragrance.

My search for the lilac-bush in a bottle is over and at such a friendly price too! WOW! I am happy and can only recommend the following to every lilac fan: try this one and ENJOY!

weegee
weegee

Is 5th Avenue feminine? Unquestionably so. Is it floral & complex? Yes, indeed - every flower in the world is on the guest list here and everyone brought along a friend. Rose is escorted by vanilla, Lily's guest is clove, Iris invited sandalwood, Jasmine waltzed in with nutmeg, Violet sneaked in with Amber and so on. In fact, the ballroom feels quite overcrowded, with not a wallflower around who's sitting out the dance.

Is 5th Avenue long lasting? I'll say! I spritzed my scarf in a store 2 weeks ago and it's STILL evident, much to my dismay, because I used to love that scarf.

Yes, I'm in the minority who can't find much of anything to like here. I've tried wearing 5th Avenue many times seeking the pleasure so many others have found, to no avail. I sent the bottle I received in a swap on to my mom, who is 83; she said it smelled "too old" for her. As we giggled together an image came to me of how this fragrance affects me and I told her, "When I wear 5th Avenue I feel as if I'm being followed too closely by a 90 year old woman - an unquestionably classy woman, but defintely 90." Mom said, "OK, give me another 7 years and I'll try it again." I love you, Mom!

Nikkiza
Nikkiza

its a very clean and innocent fragrance.opening is a little rosewatery and old,after a few min gets soft and creamy and sweet.not ofending at all,very wearable and an absolutly safe choice.great for women who want to smell nice but easily get bothered by alot of scents.allthough its not a unique scent but its a very respecfull piece of work,subtle but lasts quiet long.i personally adore the bottle,simplly chic&elegant.
the whole package reminds me of a peacfull world.

veritech
veritech

I'm on my second bottle of this. I don't always wear it. It's very light and flowery on me and people said I smelled like Easter flowers to them. So, if you like the smell of flower displays at Easter time, you will probably like this.

PLUMPIE

One of the few sweet scents I can wear. I think the only reason is the lily of the valley and carnation - almost all scents that work on me contain one or both of these components. Classy yet can always pick this one up cheap!

Lushylori
Lushylori

I remember Smelling this scent on my boss in 1998 and wishing I owned a bottle because it was sweet but very sofisticated without being really over powering.Last year I bought a bottle and then my sister gifted me a bottle and I was happy and used it all up but I didn't capture the feeling that I had when I first smelled this on my boss.Owell,I still really like this perfume but I think I've smelled so many that are similar that my love for fith avenue got slightly lost.I would definitely recomend this Perfume for a woman that wants to feel and smell like a strong sophisticated woman..Very nice!

Jellybean
Jellybean

complex floral: linden, lilacs and spice. My initial impression; this a serious grown up scent. I get a knot in my stomach as it reminds me of my teachers wearing it around exam times. It smells too strong and cloying my skin, but I'm pretty sure my mom will like this one.

Sexy-Bunny
Sexy-Bunny

It's so feminine, and smells really fresh and light. I can really smell jasmine in it but when its blends with musk it changes into a soapy smell which i don't really like for a perfume to smell like that. i like the bottle its kind of elegant and very classy. I was a bit disappointed with the lasting power of this perfume as it didn't last really long (30 min maximum)and i sprayed very generous amount (4-6 sprays )

jena.peterson
jena.peterson

I love this scent-it's elegant and rich, a Grace Kelly of a fragrance. On me, the primary note is magnolia-I get a lot more of that than the lilac. It shimmers. It's a bit strong for winter-I prefer it in the summer, when higher temperatures seem to make it dissipate faster. In the winter it's overpowering. A rich, classic, glamorous perfume.

MirageMirage
MirageMirage

This fragrance is unique- it doesn't remind me of any other fragrance I've tried. There's something about this fragrance, that keeps me addicted to it, and yet the notes and the composition itself is far from what I'm usually drawn to.I think it has to do a lot with psychological associations.Nevertheless,this smells elegant and classy, and I feel very good wearing it, even though I don't think the composition is one of the very beautiful ones.

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

I just browsed through most of the reviews and didn't see where anyone mentioned the reformulation of 5th Avenue. I wore this when it was first launched (96'?) and it was the kind of fragrance that stopped people in their tracks so they could ask what I was wearing. The last time I smelled this it was empty;devoid of the beautiful drydown that trailed for days.I'd love to smell the original.Perhaps I am mistaken.Maybe my olfactory factory has become snobbish.

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

Well, this is a frag that does not like me!! On a colleague of mine it smells really brilliantly like lilac and linden blossom, which I love. On my own skin it's just another of these sweet-nothing-juices you can find in the drug stores. Well, I bought it in a drugstore, but my colleague spritzed from the same bottle as I!!! This is a complot against me!!!

So, anybody there who can use happily till the day ever after a flask of 4.2 fl oz (125 ml) with additional body lotion??? Swap! Swap!Swap!

P.S. Well, after a while it gets better on my skin too, but the lily-of-the-valley predominates. So I still wanna swap ;-P

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

This is a beautifully elegant floral. It is very grown up as the first note I got was lilly of the valley, but although I have always associated this with older ladies, this isn't for the elderly. This is for a confident woman in the prime of life. She is successful, but knows that this success should not be at the cost of her femininity. This is a supremely feminine perfume.

Probably would wear best on a cool spring day, with its lilac notes, but it is so pretty that I think it could be worn almost anywhere, as long as it was worn sparingly.

There is a sweet creamy undertone to this fragrance that makes it feel comforting, but it is definitely not sickly sweet or gourmand.

I love this fragrance, but it can tend to smell a little like hairspray if you use too much...be warned! :)

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

One of the best linden and carnatiin fragrances out there! I went to the mall to sample several fragrances there. Fifth avenue wasn't even on my list. As I walked by thr Elizabeth ardent counter on the way out of the store I quickly sprayed it on the too of my hand. 5 minutes later I smelled heaven. I thought it was Gucci guilty but it wasn't. It was fifth avenue. This fragrance mixes perfectly with my chemistry. This is a fragrance you can wear any time any event anywhere. It's beautiful. I revieved so many compliments with this in. It's understated.and feminine. I love it so Much. I also know my fragrances and have smelled and own dozens and dozens. This one is sublime. I carry a small bottle in my purse and plan on buying a couple huge bottles as backups. It's that good.

beatrix75
beatrix75

its lillac 100%wich i adore and this frag it is !!!i am very happy to finde this beauthiful feminine suitable for any occasion parfum,but i hate to so meny people wreate so bedly abouth why becoze its not "that"expensive or???yes its lovely sensual absoluly i adore and its not ROOM freshner!!!!!!shame on hoooo have this bad opinion abouth a classic

My mother wore this fragrance throughout most of my teenage years. In some ways, this was one of the first fragrances I ever became familiar with.

5th Avenue is one of those cheap classics. It's inoffensive, somewhat elegant and refined. It's mostly white florals presented in a non-creamy and non-heavy manner. Lily of the valley, magnolia and linden blossom feature quite prominently with a soft soapiness.

5th Avenue is a mature fragrance, but that's not to say that young girls can't wear it too. I find it very versatile. Easy to wear during any season and to any occasion.

The composition isn't my cup of tea, I'm more drawn to less refined florals, yet I am impressed by the quality. The longevity is great, as is the sillage. It reminds me slightly of Bvlgari pour Femme, but more so in terms of style rather than scent.

My mother no longer wears 5th Avenue, she prefers Red Door and Provocative Woman. However, if I were to buy her another bottle I'm certain she'd wear it again.

2nd review: I still love 5th Avenue after so many years! I think there is some kind of magic in this unexpensive mass market scent!
Now I wear only at bedtime because I find it very calming like walking in a secret garden!
I could wear it during the day too, but I'm a sucker for big complicated floral-oriental and I love to wear Guerlains.
I prefer to keep 5th Avenue as a little secret treat for myself at night.
I smell mostly lilac as usual, but this scent projects also a more complex smell with a nice sillage, not in your face.
I see it is a traditional Mom's scent for many US members. My mother never wore it, so I don't have clear associations which is better for a bedtime scent! I can still find a big 125ml bottle for around 24 euro in a few perfume stores and I will keep buying it maybe forever.
In spite of being a bedtime fragarnce for me, this is a scent that can be worn in just any moment! Always gentle and feminine, elegant but not pretentious or weird, it's a perfect daytime fragrance at work or anywhere, perfect when any other fragrance seems too much or out of place. Absolutely versatile, it changes impression according to your outfit! Lovely with a nice little coat in autumn and not out of place at the gym! It has a re-assuring cuddling vibe and IMO it is wearable at job interviews if sprayed very little.
I noticed that many consider this a safe choice for office wear. I quite agree but don 't overdo in that case! This is a lovely gentle gem, but any scent could be overpowering when overapplied.
Safe doesn't mean mean or banal. Actually 5th Avenue is safe because it is classy and not old or stale!
It keeps fresh, floral and radiant.
I cannot feel this one as a sexy scent to go "hunting". Not too playful and not aggressive for clubbing.
Not that kind, but if well worn it surely conjures up an image of extreme feminity, simple yet knowing, delicately sensual and serene.

@anniebanannie: happy for you it works so great for you! Yes, it is about personality and finding the right perfume for you is a real luck! That's why perfumes are not the same on anyone.

Good staying power.
I mostly dislike any other Arden's perfume!

nenomi3d
nenomi3d

this reminds me of my mother. it suits her so well. i guess it suits middle aged women more than it suits teenagers. gives you the warm and cosy feeling when you smell it on a person.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

5th Avenue had my mom many times. I smell lily of the valley the most and actually nothing else. It´s not bad but I couldn´t wear it myself.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This is actually a very nice perfume, while I agree with the others that its a safe choice, I dont feel as though that's a bad thing. IT's a safe choice because it's a well put together balanced parfum with top quality notes. And I see that there's no gardenia in this however I cant help to feel like there is but not the buttery oldfac gardenia but a more modern one. As far as the longevity .... prety much lasts all day. And I really dont get a ''serious'' feel, it feels bright but soft... almost casual. perhaps it's because it's so very well balanced, that some take it serious, but no, I don't like serious perfumes, this i like, bordering on love :)No complaints here..lovely frag

It kind of goes along the lines of Champs Elysees, Poem, Dior's dolce vita.... just softer, almost like it's been kissed by a touch ofhoney,smooth. ..again.. very nice perfume, well done!

And I don't feel like this smells anything like Vera Wang.... really , at all

oh and off track a bit, but 5th ave 'nights' is an amazingly delicious white chocolate gourmand delight, and cheap... fantastic buy!

-reporting back, reminds me of Dloce Vita,, only more wearable, and definently more affordable

PetalBloom
PetalBloom

Timeless Feminine Scent! My mum has worn this for years and I have recently started wearing it myself. Perfect for formal occassions with it's clean floral scent.

Belil
Belil

Safe and gentle croudpleaser, even being that much floral.I guess it's because the lilly of the valey wasn't overdone here and the peach certainly gives this creation a ripe tangy quality watering all those florals down. Even the people that are completely not into perfume compliment on this, so I get why it's great as an "interview" perfume.
I admit I never was in love with this perfume much to have the big bottle, I am on my second 15ml bottle, but I enjoy it more and more as my taste matures. This is really classy fume, but you can only pull it off if you feel classy and have lots of confidence, this goes to all age groups. It just has to suit the personality and you have to feel comfortable in it yourself.

Cutie

@anniebanannie, I loved your review. It is my "interview scent" too. I also like to wear it to the office in spring/summer time. Everyone compliments me on it a lot. I put the scented lotion of this perfume (love it!) before I spray it. It lasts long time smells great on me too. I agree with you and consider this perfume "timeless": you can be 18 or 80 year old, it is still going to be appropriate to wear. This is classic. I hope they don't discontinue it and it still will be affordable like it is now. I have 4.2 oz of it, hopefully that will last me for a while.

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

I've had depression for many years, and for the last two years since I've discovered this fragrance, I've felt it wean away. Instant confidence. I've worn this to every interview I've ever had, and all the people that have interviewed me get this sparkle in their eyes. I see them grow comfortable, I see them shrink, I see them talking to me as if I were their boss. They look to me with admiration and for some reason, get slightly nervous. I've gotten called back from every place I got interviewed with this fragrance on. And they always comment on how elegant and magnetic I feel. If they only knew.

Whenever I feel cowardly and nervous, I take a deep whiff of this and become the most powerful thing in the room. Random people have stopped me in school, I've gotten stalked by women in a mall. Recently a professor stopped midair when he was passing papers in class to inhale air around me. Only to then try to ask me out at the end of class. Something similar happened to me in high school. I once got a free movie ticket when I was waiting in line and a man behind me said I was one of the best smelling things he ever encountered. I don't have a lot of experience with men. I get a lot of admirers (an understatement- not bragging), but whenever I wear this, that number multiplies to an unbelievable degree. Think Axe commercials, the femme version.Take out a few degrees. My male friends start acting funny around me, opening doors for me, insisting in doing certain things for me whenever I wear this fragrance. I've asked one of my closest friends why this happens to me, and he told me this: "You already look like a handful, whenever you have that on you make a guy feel cheap. Like he's gotta try or you'll cut our heads off. You get this feeling, like damn." That was enough for me. A lot of them have asked me for it, only to come back and tell me it doesn't smell the same on their girls. My mom tells me it's all about the personality.

This is a very elegant floral, that also happens to be smart, warm, a little sparkling, sensual, happy, softly sweet, a little bitter, and very demanding. Bold. This means business. I won't go further because the notes speak for themselves. It's got multiple personalities. Could be a good or bad thing depending on the person. It appears to be a good thing in my case. This is reason why my mom planned to get this perfume for me when I become of age. She says it is just like me, and so do my friends. She smelled this on a woman when we were shopping in a mall when I was about 15. The woman passed us by and my mother just stopped to admire the smell. When she got out of it, she literally ran to the lady to inquire about the fragrance. She gifted it to me on my 18th birthday. She told me that when she saw that girl it was as if she saw a "grown up version of me". It made her feel proud. It doesn't smell mature, or young. It is timeless. I can wear this anytime, regardless of occasion or season and it works.

It is not "sexy", if that is what you are looking for. It is however, "sensual". There is a difference. "Sexy" inclines a "I want you to think of me in bed", "sensual" also inspires lust, but it isn't the only thing a guy is going to get out of you when he sees you. My ex boyfriend says this makes him think of me like this. Playful, but also to take me seriously. I am proud to call this my signature fragrance. I may search for other fragrances to play around with, but this will always be my constant.

If you are the type that likes the candy, sweet type fragrances this might not be for you. Otherwise, I highly recommend it.

A little secret: The body lotion of this fragrance and the Mary Kay Belara body lotion mixed is my secret weapon.

eranaral
eranaral

This is a very sophisticated and dry scent. Its safe for every day or business. It smells of dried herbs and some white flowers. Its earthy, dry, and subtle. The lasting power is also ok. About 4 hours on me.
Its nice for any time of the year but I like it for the spring days.

SheShe
SheShe

I had a 15 ml bottle and sold it. The fragrance didn't match my personality, I've felt older in it.

This is an elegant, classy fragrance, kind of old school elegant perfumes. I could detect lily-of-the-valley, lilac and rose the most. I'm not much into florals so I gave up, but I admit there are women who may like the fragrance and it doesn't cost much.

willow21
willow21

This is a beautiful, light, fresh, natural, floral
fragrance. Classy and elegant. Love it! Wear it alot.
Just doesn't last long on me. I will always have a
bottle of this in my collection.

annie203
annie203

It's a classic! Everytime i wear it, I have at least 2-3 people asking me 'what's that fragrance you're wearing?'
Its pretty, classy, feminine and chic. It's also quite reasonably priced, which addds to its charm ;) And the best part about it, is that it lasts and lasts! Love it!

an elegent floral with slight citrus notes to my nose. a very bubbly scent, unfortunately the staying power is not great. only about a 1/2 hr. on me. i could of sworn this lasted a lot longer the last time i wore it. that was a disappointment. the scent itself is very nice tho.

LadyNatalie
LadyNatalie

My grandmother gave it to me, many years ago in christmas, i liked it, but this was not my style, i just couldn't wear it in school, this is floral and sophisticated, a little sharp, but safe, so elegant, but so grownup, i gave it to my aunt, who loved it.
I constantly see this parfum in Marshalls and TJ Maxx, at very reasonable price, if you like classic floral sophisticated fragrance, this is for you! This was very popular in the 90's.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Simple, modest, but very pleasant. Especially love the lime blossom. Nothing sharp, only pretty round flowers with amber and musk. Clean scent for daily wearing.

desiliana
desiliana

first spray = atishoo !! Something is too strong for my sensitive sinus.. (i think is the lime notes)

But wait 15 seconds.. Woww, here come the bright romantic flowery scent.. So Fresh !!

The funny thing is, after few minutes it dissapear from my nose.. i can't smell it anymore.. But everybody else can. And they said it smell so good on me..

Good Lasting power, about 8 hours

i think all lovely n feminine women should smell like this.. So Pretty fragrance

meret
meret

To my opinion it's very serious type of scent. Floral? Yes. Elegant? Yes. Flirtatious? No.

When I was in college I thought this is the perfume I'd start to wear when at my first job, and it would be suitable for daytime office wear. But now.. like 10 years later I think it's too serious and old for me. :) Think I might have had more class and better nose back then. :)

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

Classic Refinement, Tasteful Luxury, and Cool Sophistication personified in scent. I have loved this exquisitely feminine floral ever since it was created in 1996. Lily of the Valley is the star of this production framed ever so beautifully by a fantastically well blended delicately spicy floral veil that reads on my skin like a gossamer film of antique lace. Magnolia, linden blossom, lilac, open the show which seamlessly transitions through the mesh of jasmine, carnation, roses, violets, ylang-ylang, tuberose, clean nutmeg, and just a touch of dewy peach. Everything is comfortably supported by superbly blended unobtrusive base of warm sandalwood, vanilla, amber, white musk, iris, and cloves. Fresh without being acrid, clean without being sour, heady without being sharp, cool without being haughty, tenderly sweet without being cloying, sensual without being provocative. This is for a serenely secure woman, a lady who is completely at ease with herself. Tremendously enjoyable. Acceptable in any context for any occasion. Just wonderful.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I never like to say Grandma perfume but I have worn this for years. My Mum got onto it and now whenever I smell it I think of older ladies. My Mum is very trendy for her age and very pretty. She is classy and I think she wears this perfume really well. She never drowns herself in the ones she likes thank God because she likes Paris and Red Door!! Anyway, now when I wear it I feel like it is somehow too old for me. It has that same shower fresh smell that JLo Glow has but this one dries a little soapy Glow is more musky soapy. This does smell classy and would probably last for generations without smelling dated.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

Really pleasant, fresh floral suitable for everyday wear. Not outstanding, but very nice. Smells quite elegant, but is available very cheaply. Would be good for work use.

eta - in the end I did not find it that special & so gave it away.

artschoolcat
artschoolcat

I remember my mother always using this perfume every time she go to work, a very classic scent.

I prefer smelling it from my mother's skin then using it on mine.

marymargret
marymargret

I love the top notes, with a fresh lilac and a pretty linden blossom. The whole bouquet is lovely, well done and balanced, not too sweet, green or powdery floral. But of all the base notes I get only the musk, kind of Jovan musky things, which I hate. Not vanilla, orris, amber or sandalwood, and it puzzles me, because I was expecting something like Samsara, one of my favourites. Obviously far away from each other, despite the similar base composition.

glama
glama

LOVE THIS- Its is a very fresh clean floral. Very feminine,classy- no old lady powdery scent. PERFECT for the office. Its like you stuck your head into a bouquet of honeysuckle,lilac,roses, lilly of the valley with just a touch of peach. If the scent could take me anywehre I would assume this would be an english garden. This is one of my favorites & have gone through 2 bottles-I like this one better than tresor

madalinabonea
madalinabonea

A classic fragrance, for grown-up women. I received it when I was 15 and I don't think I appreciated it at it's maximum worth.
I still remain at my opinion: Classic

Cutie

5th Ave is a very beautiful, office friendly, long-lasting fresh spring/summer fragrance. I always get compliments when I am wearing it. Love it.

madhatter1

I like I like. Classic original feminine floral fresh. Started wearing back in the day, around the time I also had White Diamonds. 5th ave is a good anytime scent and I would recommend it to try. The original 5th smells nothing like 5th ave after 5!

madhatter1

I like it, as a floral but Ive simply outgrown it. I think the fragrance or bottle was repackaged and I can tell it smells completely different to me.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

Classy. Beautiful. Feminine. Rich. What more is there to say? This scent is harmonious and luxurious. It makes you feel so womanly. Reminds you of a beautiful Dior sundress, a big sun hat and pearls. So well rounded, so well made. Perfection. Unbeatable price for unbeatable quality.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

I have a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. The headnote is horrible and smells old-fashioned but the dry down is shower-fresh-clean. I have had a bottle for almost 3years now, hopefully I use it up soon.

etmpewo
etmpewo

I was quite upset by this fragrance.
Not because it was bad; I actually liked it.

But... to me it's exactly like Le Jardin from Max Factor, apart from the fact this fragrance is not as sharp. It's just a softer version to me.

perfumaholic22
perfumaholic22

5th Avenue has been my mother's signature fragrance for as long as I can remember, so for me, 5th Avenue is a comfort scent.

You can really smell the lilac, tuberose, and carnation in 5th Avenue. 5th Avenue is truly a beautiful, classy fragrance, but not in that "old lady" way. 5th Avenue is unique, not just another fruity vanilla mess that is put out so much today. I would recommend this for the 18+ age group.

bunny
bunny

Very elegant floral. It gives similar impression as does Chanel No 5, not that their scents are similar, just the impression they give. The dry-down is lily, not too much and not too diluted.

noladesiree
noladesiree

Very lady-like and refined, this is not the sort of fragrance who will knock out your escort at the door or impart your co-workers' ability to breathe. It's light and refined. Elegant for someone of discerning taste who doesn't want to be noticed coming and going or lingering about an elevator once she has departed. I adore this scent!

maddame
maddame

I bought 5th Avenue solely on reviews.

The tuberose in the middle notes is too strong for me (maybe not a problem if you like tuberose), and it lingers down to the base notes.

All in all, a boring floral, easy to mistake for any other floral on the market.

Oh! And if you like the notes but want something classier and cleaner, Bouquet de la Reine from Floris is much better (granted, the price is also higher) and has similar notes. And the tuberose is toned down in that one.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

Too classy to me. People like it on me, but I don't. I feel like I'm someone else :(

olga1780

I wore it out to lunch and this perfume made me feel feel like a million dollars....for $ 20 bucks...are you kidding me?!?!
I would understand my ravings if I had 3 miserable perfumes in my collection, but after testing hundreds of all kinds of perfumes, let me tell you:
it is BEAUTIFUL!

olga1780

Now, that's IMPRESSIVE! Not only it is beautiful and sophisticated, it's price is unbeatable...I paid $20 for 4.2 oz. Honestly, I bought it just for fun, it has been around for a while, quite popular, and so inexpensive...what can you lose.
I swear 5th Avenue is one of my most successful blind buys. It smells so femimine and natural, like walking among the trees in full blossom.
Interestingly, I was more excited over this one than B Boucheron. One more proof that high price tag doesn't always define high quality. Perfumes like this one make me feel ripped off by the big houses and their outrageous prices.
Sillage and longevity are amazing!
Beautiful perfume for summer time!

soulflwr
soulflwr

If you want to know what it smells like...it smells a lot like bath and body works White Cherry Blossom or Jessica McClintock. Lots of powdery white flowers. Don't get me wrong bc I do like it. However, I would say that it no longer fits the description of a cosmopolitan fragrance. The fragrance translates, in modern terms, as feminine and girly. I would wear it in the spring with a cute sun dress and cardigan. It's girly, white, frilly, soft feminine and innocent. That's what comes to mind for me.

Liina, you are sooooo right!! I think some people find it hard to believe that such a 'cost efficient' perfume would be a true high quality composition. But all I can say is that it DOES happen once in a while, a 5* fragrance for a VERY handsome price! TAKE advantage!

Tovah
Tovah

I came upon this recently in CVS drugstore for $19.99. I'd never smelled it, but I bought it unsniffed, out of curiosity. When I sprayed it the first time, I was filled with joy and delight. This fragrance is stunningly beautiful, radiant, and effervescent with sparkling energy. It smells like walking through botanical gardens, while the sun sets, and you're on your way to Lincoln Center to see a ballet; or strolling along the Boardwalk on Main Beach as you head to the Laguna Playhouse for a performance. 5th Avenue is very feminine, but not "girly", confident, but not condescending. It's seductive in a womanly way because it's alluring, and unique. The floral notes (Linden, Lilac, Lily of the Valley, Peach Blossom) are some of the most "real" smelling I've ever been able to get on my skin. I especially love Linden, and this has got to be one of the best Linden fragrances ever formulated. How had I missed 5th Avenue all these years?

Liina
Liina

5th Avenue is probably the most elegant and feminine perfume out there. All the florals blending together so perfectly. And it's long-lasting!
5th Avenue is classical and very lovable.

midhav
midhav

All i can smell is lily-of-the-valley. I think of an old lady that smells really good, kind of flowery, soapy and clean.
Nice perfume that would fit someone older and that is just not me right now.

This is a big-time white floral perfume. If you love lily-of-the-valley, you ought to like this one cuz lily-of-the-valley is all I smell! I suppose there is a touch of juicy peach as well. I am a bit bummed that I don't smell cloves or nutmeg at all. The drydown is surprisingly warm and maybe even slightly creamy. It reminds me of a bar of french soap.

This perfume isn't cosmopolitan to me. It doesn't make me think of 5th Avenue at all. It seems more appropriate for a country setting, like a quaint little cottage in rural Connecticut. Hey--nothing wrong with that!

naheed
naheed

Oh dear, I had been wanting to wear you for such a long time and finally you came to me with a surprising giveaway from Chris v.V. Thank you so much dear!

My first impression about 5th Avenue is a clean scent with elegant and rich florals. It gives a feeling of fresh shower taken in the morning and after a long tiring day in the evening. You start to smell florals from first spritz but I always wait for the base notes to settle down.

All the notes have now mixed with the base and the head and the heart smell so feminine especially when they mix up with sandal and musk, hmmm... smells divine. I can also get the note of clove with a dash of peach but vanilla seems to have been added with a light hand that I hardly ever detect it.

Sillage is good, longevity is good and can best be enjoyed in the morning and evening. Daytime wouldn't be that best IMO. This one absolutely falls in the category of clean scents.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

at first time I felt a little bit doubt to buy it for my sister, even though I know that my sister have been wearing Arden Beauty. But when it sprayed on paper and I sniffed, it smells so good. So I bought it for her! :)

ajc
ajc

What a great perfume! so feminine and clean, soft...
beautiful floral scent and I like peach in it.
Can't wait to buy this one.

bonniekt2
bonniekt2

A very clean, fresh scent. Not sweet. Not overpowering. Works perfectly with my chemistry.

tarizmendez
tarizmendez

It was bought by my family for a Christmas gift, or shall I say our personal Santa Clause hehehe. I was asked what kind of perfume that I liked then got this. I have to say it fits me and I love the scents, though it is very rich and one or two at most sprays is all you need. Since I am a girly girl and it is fitting to who I am and still growing to be, plus I have a strong personality and this perfume is for the ladies who are.

azuriiita

This fragrance its sharp -almost like a foody peach deodorant smell-, floral (predominant magnolia and lily of the valley) boring at begining...

After a while, its still boring, but a little less sharp. Drydown its still boring!, but rarely more confortable and fresh floral with metal(?) notes... also, have a light touch of amber.

Its long lasting... unoffensive... and boring jajaja

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

A pleasant well rounded floral.... and somewhat boring. It made me think of a painting of a very beautiful woman - perfect features but not much zest, that something that makes one stand out. However, it is MILES better than red door which I sprayed on myself and washed off promptly.

Its a good one for the office because its so safe and unoffensive. But I am glad I got the 1 oz size of this. I am undecided whether to give it another try or gift it away. In all fairness, one cannot do real justice to a perfume review on just one or two sniffs. So perhaps I ought to try it a few more times? But really, I am just not that motivated to wear it and thats that, I guess.

norlyz
norlyz

i bought this perfume for my mom unsniffed and i'm glad she loves it soo much, that she asked me for the second bottle!i could say it smells just lovely and sophisticated without being expensive.nice!!

IamWoman
IamWoman

The name "5th Avenue" is so befittng this fragrance. It is, as so many have described, elegant, classy, polished, refined, and beautifully balanced. It reminds, initially, of a crisp, spring breeze, then it softens and warms; I definitely detect something in it that is mood-lifting. It is not "sugary" or "watery" or heavy-hitting. It is a high quality fragrance at an exceptional price. This fragrance may not spell out "sexy" to some, but it spells out "lady" which many men DO find quite sexy. This is definitely NOT a stilettos-with-fishnet-stockings kind of fragrance. It's more of a classic-black-dress-with-pearls-and-elegantly-upswept-hair. I remember either testing or owning this several years ago. Why I did not make this a permanent member of my fragrance family, I don't know. But I do know this.... this lovely, gracious fragrance has made a new home with me now as a "staple" fragrance.

Something interesting about this perfume is the family it belongs too. It is a very polished soft but yet present perfume. It really reminds me of the classy and soft smell of Fendi Theorema and Salvatore Ferragamo original. Fendi and Salvatore being the oriental spicy interpretation, but both still soft and classy. 5th Avenue being the floral spicy interpretation. They really have a lot in common those 3 perfumes! Love them all!

TillyWave
TillyWave

I was happy to finally find a 5th Avenue tester at a department store. I've always wanted to try it because I love florals and because it's a cheap and accessible perfume.

I'm glad I tried it before I bought this. This stuff if floral in the Lysol Bathroom Spray floral style. It is so harsh, screechy and obnoxious I can't compare it to anything else. I wanted to wash it off immediately but I wore it through to the drydown, which is basically a cheap perfumey 'floral' drydown.

I hate to trash fragrances but I haven't smelled anything this bad since 'Heiress.'

Chat Lunatique pointed out to me that this was a masterpiece and I have always loved it, but I must say, I know ADORE it. I have it in pure perfume, but no big bottle yet. I will be buying one really soon, I really love it!!
CLASSY!

missyheart888
missyheart888

I bought my mom this one, she really loves it. This is the best gift you can give to the best woman of your life.

The smell: floral, woody & sweet. common? no! because smells like your rich, elegant woman walking down the street.

moonwalker
moonwalker

Shame on me and on my prejudice... I dont really know why but I had always thought that I hated this perfume (maybe I had smelt it many years ago on paper or whatever) but recently my mother has bought this perfume and I am really surprised how much I liked it... in fact this is the FIRST floral that I like... ok, it is safe, lovely, a bit sweet scent. On me, it has kinda shampoo vibe but I like it.I dont think I would use up a big bottle but I am definitely going to search the internet for some small bottle.

liessadn
liessadn

People usually describe this parfum as very tradicional, made for mature women, BUT It´s my favorite and I´m young! In me it turns into a second skin, really natural and comfortable. The bouquet is very sophisticated, you can smell the fresh flowers as if they had just been cut. The combination between the warm woods (soft ambar, precious sandalwood and hot vanilla), the fresh lime and iris and the romantic roses and jasmine results in a sophisticated but also gentle scent. The smell is chic but not oppressive, memorable yet simple. Can be used everyday. I really appreciate this.

Christabel
Christabel

I always find myself drawn towards this perfume at the start of the new year. It reminds me of the part of winter just as spring is about to arrive, comforting & uplifting at same time

millan
millan

8yrs ago my husband gave me 5th Avenue a 4.2 oz bottle.
I made him believed that I love it. I was horrified I hated it!!!I hated it!!I had never hated a perfume as much as 5th Avenue
I kept it for a year and never use it. I gave it to my friend she like it use all the bottle.A year ago I went to a store counter and spray some on Just to see if it was true that u can love a perfume you once hated.,I could not believe it I liked it. I did'nt think it was strong. It smells clean floral just beautiful. Just love it . a very lady like & elegant fume. As I'm writing I am smelling my wrist I am amaze!!1

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

When I smelled this it was so familiar. I recognized Lily of the Valley just like my mother had growing in the yard when I was a child. Then I smelled another familiar scent, Lilacs in full bloom. I used to cut bunches of these to take to my mother. They were so lovely and scented the room. I found a small bottle at a discount store for a great price. I wound up giving it to my mother who is now in a nursing home.
It's so perfect for her with two of her favorite flowers as top notes. It's a very delicate ladylike perfume and it's safe but delightful just the same. My mother said it was like a breath of spring and that says it all !

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Okay. If I do the "negative" part quickly, maybe it won't hurt that much. Negatives? It's very light and "safe". I agree with all of those who say it couldn't offend anyone; that it's a safe bet to wear anywhere. I don't find myself sniffing my wrist when I'm wearing this. There's no OhMyGodThisIsFantastic factor.

Okay. Positives? It's very light and "safe." Everyone needs to own a fragrance that isn't too floral, too sweet, too strong, too whatever -- for those days when they're maybe meeting someone for the first time -- like my husband's boss, which really is happening later today.

On me? White florals, a bit powdery; teensy bit of musk; not really picking up any of the bergamot or peach (like I thought I would). There you have it.

Yamba1
Yamba1

This is not normally the type of fragrance I would seek out to try, but was given some recently. What a pleasant surprse! This is a fresh, lingering floral that won't disappoint. Good staying power, and in my opinion, best for daytime. Where I live its currently coming into spring - beautiful sunny days and blue skies with the trees covered in blossom. EA 5th Avenue is the perfect fragrance for this glorious time of year!

Sissi
Sissi

Chic and Luminous a lighter and more Whimsical version of the famous New York
shopping center' then the stilted more older and more cooler ice queen Chanel No 5 it almost has a kind of a Carrie Bradshaw feel to it a woman in her mid 30's or 40's who refused to settle down
with a zest for life unlike the jaded
diva Chanel.

There is a nice metallic opening almost
watery with the sweetness of magnolias
and lily of the valley and the spicy sweetness of Lilacs dries to an powdery
accords of violets and delicate rose'
there is an strong note of peach that makes it sweet with the yellow twisted
petals of ylang ylang with it's it's earthy scent.

when first applied to the skin there's an Nutty accord of nutmeg but it fades
in a short time the dry down glows with
warm amber distant hint of plum and Elegant musk.

cisco
cisco

This is a lovely floral with lilacs leading the other flowers. It is a classic and I am surprised this is my first time with 5th Avenue. It strikes me as a "go to".

I no longer have 5th Avenue because it would not hold on me. I prefer Splendor.

mcelferr
mcelferr

By reading Catbiscuit review now I remember something!That's funny! I wore this fragrance to go to work the other day! It was a clear and sunny winter day, but not too cold. I could see the light blue sky through the window while trying to concentrate and prepare a presentation for a meeting.From time to time I could smell the soft bouquet comming from my own clothes. The whole composition of fresh flowers smelled very soft, creamy delicate, as if I had been going through a garden.It was really amazing, kept me calm and did inspire me.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

What a lovely classy scent! Perfect for a dinner with the in-laws or your boss. A perfume to say that you are feminine, good-hearted & warm but still to be taken seriously nonetheless.

Although to be honest, I don't pick up 'floral' so much as 'perfume'. There is nothing really natural about any of the notes here but it doesn't stop 5th Ave being beautiful or elegant.

For the right price, I will add it to my collection.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Oh, my gosh, the lilac, my favourite flower scent! I never find another perfume which can give such an advantage to lilac.

Lilac is combined so well in this perfume and it's quite notable, very fresh, very natrual, it always gives me an uplift whenever I sniff it.

It was released at 1996, so you might have thought it's an old-fashioned one, you're wrong. For me, it still smells modern and chic and gorgeous. In my opinion, natural flower scent will never die.

I love it so much!!!

Cereza
Cereza

I can only agree with anyone saying that this perfume can't offend anyone. Is it boring - no? Is it pretty, sweet floral? Yes. Definetely a keeper.

golden
golden

This has got to be one of my all time favourites. I find my self always reaching for this when i'm in doubt. It's classy, elegant, long lasting and draws compliments.
I have had several bottles of this over many years and wouldn't be without it in my collection.

Rosaflor
Rosaflor

OMG, my favorite perfume EVER!. It's so damn good! it's amazing! It's long lasting, more than 10 hours on me! I found it floral nothing fruity wich is perfect for me! a little bit of vanilla but it's mixed well!! That's how vanilla should smell, not like candy! Iuugg!!

Manya
Manya

I've been told that 5th Avenue is the perfect gift, since it has something to please everyone. I must say it is true!

I thought I knew this fragrance really well, since my mom always has a bottle of this classic perfume.

I decided to test it last night and sprayed a bit on my wrist... It smells very different on my skin!

A very fruity and sweet scent, all the 'clean' notes are almost gone.
For some reason, I smelled pear (possibly from the peach notes), which to me made it quite similar to BVLGARI Pour Femme (which, incidentally, has no pear notes either!)

More than twelve hours after the test, I can still smell a faint musky, woody scent on my wrist - it is indeed a very longlasting fragrance!

It is classic without being strict and feminine without a single hint of vulgarity. A very classy, happy fragrance.

xs
xs

This is my favorite. It captures the essence of a woman In the best possible way. Extremely classy and elegant but also fresh and subtle. Ann Gotlieb is a genious.

Persian Belle
Persian Belle

I received this as a birthday gift. I had already tested it and I knew I should not have opened the box... and maybe just hand it down... however I was tempted... what a mistake!!! It now serves as a decorative piece in my shower on the counter... I hate the smell. It's too strong. For some reason I never liked any Elizabeth Arden perfumes (Red Door... Oh Lord!!! LOL)

Sillykelly
Sillykelly

I don't get much out of this one, although I don't find it offensive either in any way. It's one I tend to pick when the weather is warm and I'm going to bein close quarters in an office or meeting situation, since it is not very strong on me or too obtrusive. But it's not one I reach for when I want to feel special.

guest_Oranda
guest_Oranda

At first this one didn't impress me as i was into more heady territory being that i first tried it in winter. The second time I tried it in spring, it was captured by my clothing and I was whomped upside the head by linden and bergamot. I can definitely smell a very classy floral melange, though without looking at the notes, I would simply define them as refined. This would make a wonderful all around scent as it would be perfect for the office and has enough of a trace nuance of earthiness to carry it into the evening. Wonderful classic to add to your collection.

queenmimay
queenmimay

ylang ylang,, my favorite ingredient in a perfume,, first time i smelled this,, i was captivated in a magical place where all my dreams will come thru,, like NY city,, all dreams can come true and it can start with 5th Ave,,

The_Entity
The_Entity

ive been critical of this scent for being too subtle, as i normally prefer stronger stuff.

i wore this frag as a child, and i bought again, and thought it wasnt strong enough, but the scent takes me back to being young, i wear this during the day

lanimar
lanimar

I bought this perfume unsniffed because it is still sealed at the perfume store. I was wondering what 5th Avenue, the place, must smell like. I was thinking classy, elegant and sophisticated New York. I think this perfume does capture the place plus a very expensive-looking bottle. I can smell several notes from the time I sprayed it. These classic floral scent will go well in job interviews.

rubitta
rubitta

till now i used this one from time to time i cant imagin that one day it will not be on my mirror ,, i love using it in summer ,, it remindes me for an freshy classy lady coming between flowers comes with a soft wind touching ur face and hair., other time u will feel that u just come out from a shower and feel that mmmmm soooo tasty .
freshy, fruty, romantic, classy, attractive perfum amazing one

rithacha
rithacha

What a florally florals floral. The most dominant note on my skin is lilac, but if there's any flower you like, it's probably somewhere inside 5th Avenue. Conversely, if there's a flower you dislike, it's probably in there too. So my recommendation is for seriously floral-lovers only :)

When I sprayed it today, I was struck by the glaring resemblance to Versace Versace. They are both floral-lover's florals, quite cardigan and pearls type springtime perfumes. I did a side-by-side comparison, though, and 5th Avenue unfortunately did not hold up to Versace. 5th Avenue is much more soapy and powdery, whereas Versace turns rich and buttery in the drydown. I'd chalk it up to more white flowers in Versace than 5th Avenue. Additionally, 5th Avenue leans toward the metallic side, which makes it a little more edgy, but at the same time smells more synthetic.

But this does not stop it from being 150% worth its ridiculously low pricetag!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I can remember I wore it years and years back and recently I became nostalgic about vintage perfume or perfume that I used when I was only a young little woman :-)
5ht Avenue was one of the first 'serious' perfumes I had a chance to try and although I had never been much into florals, I loved it and just ordered 3 bottles to share with my mum and my grandma as I consider that fragrance universal and timeless.
I think it is one of those that smell great regardless of whether you are a smart looking twenty or a classy mature lady.
I really love that perfume, it certainly deserves some space in your perfume cupboard!

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

This is a classic scent...any woman who is serious about her scent wardrobe should have this one. If you do not immediately like it, save it, it will grow on you...classy!!

Lovely! I really enjoyed this fragrance back in time. It is a scent for floral lovers, otherwise it could make you quesy, but it's not strong at all! Nobody ever complained when I was wearing this as signature (for a short period) and I actually received many compliments especially from women. Lilac pops out quiet clearly, but the overall fragrance is more complex than that. It is a highly wearable scent that exudes elegance, I would say the kind of elegance that Americans think of French. It smells like French perfume in American version if it makes sense. I also like the soft woody base, very gentle and not harsh aggressive woody like many of the newest fragrances. It has a good sillage, but staying power is average. It smells pretty and feminine without being girlish sweet. I wore it as signature for about 3 months, then I wanted to find something stronger and more oriental. My friend asked me if she could have my last part of teh bottle and it became her signature!
It's actually one of the few Elizabeth Arden's I like to wear.

iq2061
iq2061

as all of you, I'm looking for my signature scent. I can say that this frangance is one of my favorites, but is not the perfect match with my skin chemistry. I love the creamy - powder stella that I can feel after an hour. Suitable for any moment of the day. Perhaps for a romantic, shy, misterious woman

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Huge blast of lilacs on me, but it was only an hour or so before I was left with a base of mostly iris and musk. Overall, it's not my style, even though it seems like it's a nice floral.

Gracelynn
Gracelynn

everybody always give me
compliment about this perfume.
It's mild,clean and feminine.

krishka
krishka

One of the best white floral frags ever.
Rich, complex, extremely well balanced,the beautifull bouquette develops slowly on the skin and last forever!
Fresh, young and sophisticated!

zvoncica
zvoncica

5th Avenue is more like floral woody musk to my nose. Flowers are submerged throughout entire duration of this scent in clean, silky powder notes.

Reminds me on clothes softener. Not sweet, not overpowering, very well lasting time, easy to wear and enjoy. It is easy to get used to it, and I think that people probably stay loyal to 5th Avenue through entire life. It is suitable for women over 30, and wearable in every season.

Among several 5th Avenue editions I consider this one to be the most classy and elegant. Found no fault in it, but here I am with absolutely no wish to have this perfume.

guest_Athena
guest_Athena

I notice the price isn't to bad for it when I was first looking at it 9 years ago I would not have called it cheap. I love this sent for work or more mature occasions, not something I would wear to a rave or if I wanted to seem fun and flirty. I also like that is last all day without leaving that cloud announcing to the world the path I took through office.

truffles
truffles

A friend gave me a big bottle of this a few years ago. It's nice enough but a bit too 'grannyish' for me even tho' I normally like the old fashioned perfumes. It's not offensive but there's just something a bit too RE (religious education) teacher here for me.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

Hmm.. Too bad I can`t wear this one. it gives me a really bad headache, and actually it gives people AROUND me an headache too (and no, I actually don't spray on too much). Still I really love the design of the bottle...

AprilSea
AprilSea

If you're into floral with a hint of sexiness, don't try it.
I had it a while ago and even though it brings back to me very dear memories, I wouldn't buy another bottle. It is kinda plain and flowery. The good part is that you cannot point very clearly the flower, as is the case with Diorissima, for instance.

In my opinion, it is for a lady in her 40s who has the brains of a 20 something, the typical blonde in jokes. It is nice to appear young spirited, only that it may not be always the case.

Iulia
Iulia

I've first got interested in the lilac smell. You don't find this in most perfumes. It's a light warm fragrance perfect for spring/summer while wearing a nice dress. It's stays on for about 5 hours.I think it's perfect for any age. Don't keep it in the bathroom closet like i did, it ruins the smell.

MissAndyDior
MissAndyDior

I thought for many years that this parfum was only for very mature women, but reading opinions about it I just decided to buy it and ho suprise!!, it's now one of my favorite scents, it's delicious, elegant, sweet but not overwhelm at all, definitely an excellente choice if you like floral-sweet perfumes =) XOXO!

stenlym
stenlym

A few days ago I bought the second bottle after 1996 when 5th Avenue was launched. In the beginning too floral, but only the first 5 minutes. After that very feminine and classy fragrance whit fruity notes. I love this smell.

dina
dina

Tried it once a few years ago but found it a bit too much floral for me. Yet, tried it again this summer and found that it's one of the most beautiful soft floral fragrances I ever came across. Its not over powering, very suited to warm weather and heat. The dry down is very subtle and feminine. A real classy fragrance but helas, doesn't have long staying power on my skin.

Yana

It was my signature frag some years ago, esspecially in spring. It has a long and beautiful trail and a good staying power. Inspite of the fact it's classy, it's rather modern at the same time and can be worn everywhere by anyone(I mean the age). I got a lot of complements while wearing it!

WoonD
WoonD

this one is high quality perfume...
lasting power is amazing, even i tested on paper, it last many hours...

i bought as a gift to my successful career sister...charming always

thegirlsapearl
thegirlsapearl

I ADORE this fragrance! Bought my first bottle when it was launched in 1996, and have used it ever since. I always get compliments when I use it. It is definitely in my top five favourites of all time and it makes me feel good about myself! Just Love it!!

ccoolbaugh
ccoolbaugh

Classic fragrance for me. I will always love this one. I can't point out any specific notes, but it's a very clean scent. Not over powering!

krisiva
krisiva

For a long time I avoided this perfume, thinking it is suitable for mature woman. I couldn’t remember when and where I tasted it to feel like that, but probably it was at some point in my mid-twenties when I traveled a lot on business and used to spend much time on airports (and duty free shops, respectively). Recently, I bought it impulsively online, and in my mid-thirties I was in love with it. I have a large collection of perfumes, most of them more expensive and probably much more interesting, but this one I wear with real pleasure and it makes me feel so good. I am not sure that I can detect certain notes, but the overall combination is very feminine, elegant and classy.

benzippo
benzippo

Wonderful creation where all the elements of elegant, class and sophistications are incorperated in this interpretion by its creator in such great balance without once overdoing it!!!

A really class act by itself and I loved it!!!

Ak.
Ak.

5th Avenue is a very feminine, elegant, not too sweet, warm fragrance for every day. Its staying power is good, i can smell it in the evening after spraying it in the morning :) However, somehow i feel too young to wear it so i do not use it often.

Elitsa
Elitsa

This perfume is absolute classic - it's warm, sweet, floral, there is some romance, glamour and elegance in it. The bottle is really gorgeous - it gives you sense of wealth and inaccessibility. I like the scent but it' s a bit too serious for me so i gave it to my mom - it suits her more.

Yana

I used to buy this perfume always in spring. It was my favourite spring scent. But then smth changed in the parfume formule(or inside my nose) and I don't want it anymore. But the frag is very elegant, classy and floral with unforgetable notes. I got a lot of comlements wearing it...

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Elegant and successful smelling, this is a throwback to classic perfume scents. It is a seamless scent, with all of the notes working together to produce a floral but not too flowery scent that is perfect for work.

Tala
Tala

This one is really good. It's my safe perfume. I can wear it anywhere, anytime.
I love the tall and sturdy bottle too. I own the 125ml and even tough I only wear it once in a while I can't imagine being out of this one.

MinogueParfums
MinogueParfums

My friend has this, and it smells fresh and sweet. So much better than another old perfume Chanel no.5. Maybe it's because 5th avenue is newer than no.5

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

Since this has been around for awhile, I thought this would smell like an old lady and was afraid to try it...I love it. Really nice floral and not heavy at all. Reminds me of a nice day strolling in the park and or a fun day shopping. It is classy in a very good way.

katyas
katyas

This is a VERY sweet fragrance on me - soft, light and powdery, and doesn't really last long enough, but I am getting to where I rather like the scent. At first I didn't, but it is growing on me - that sweet floral scent is quite lovely now I'm accustomed to it. My husband calls it "granma" perfume - he prefers my Organza or Euphoria.

totoromei
totoromei

It is cheap, but it is a really comfortable and soft scent. Maybe it is boring in a sense, but that is what
make it a successful perfume

Malegria
Malegria

Very flowery!smells like an expensive powder and somehow makes me think of color gold.I think it is a dead ringer for Vera Wang - only cheaper and the dry down is a bit muskier.Nicely blends in with one`s skin scent!

azuriiita

i tested some times this fragrance, and always i had the same impression: this smell good! ... but its nothing special...
For me, its a modest, elegant, pleasant scent... but boring

K_Virtue
K_Virtue

Very Nice! Chic and a very mature perfume. I got this with 3 other (mini) Arden perfumes in a set box: Green Tea, Beauty, & Red Door. Out of all, I would choose this one for more elegant outings. The scent lingers too so thats a plus....

elaida_00
elaida_00

i must agree with you all, this is an elegant perfume, i had tho choose between this one and the After 5 version, i must say i took tha after 5 for me and i will give this one to my mom:) i believe is more appropriate for her..it has something very mature in it..not yet for me..but it very nice..and it lasts sooo much on the skin

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Nice, everyday, comfortable perfume. It is perfect to wear to work because it is so pleasant and unoffensive. It is easy to find 5th Avenue for a great price and I can honestly say it's a perfume that just about anyone would appreciate because it is gently pretty.

sjanira
sjanira

I wouldn't say is sweet but it's a nice fragrance. It's a little overpowering, but one you can wear for all occasions. It really lasts on my skin, not like other perfumes that fade quickly.

joybee88
joybee88

Nice high quality perfume but not my style. A little too serious for me. So I gave it to a friend. And in reply to Solocha, I had such a big bottle of it I did used it as room freshener once...don't tell my mom, lol.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

For me it is a great every day scent.It gives a feeling of comfort and lifts up your spirit even after a long day of work.I love the way it makes you feel fresh and clean.It has a good lasting power but even though it is attracting it is not a sexy scent and definately something i wouldn't wear at night...

guest_wildorchid
guest_wildorchid

this is my fav perfume.i always make sure that i have a bottle of 5th avenue.i really like the smell.i have got lots of compliments from my collegues(specially guys)it is good to wear even at night too

solocha
solocha

it is true it does have something slightly metallic. i like it but i can't wear it every day as it is not my type of scent. iit is very subtle and it to my friends it seemed more suited as a room freshener.

guest_viven
guest_viven

Pretty floral sweetness with a strong metallic note, for a charming lady ;o)

Sicily
Sicily

It's so feminine, very rich floral, sweet (I mean flowery sweet), warm. I like it, it's romantic, elegant and very classy without being heavy or old-lady-like. I also find it suitable for most occasions and it has great staying power.

5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden 3.68 out of 5 based on 1666 ratings and 251 user reviews

allbeauty.com
19.85 GBP
Elizabeth Arden Fifth Avenue NYC Eau de Parfum 75ml
Elizabeth Arden Fifth Avenue NYC Eau de Parfum 75ml
Eau De Parfum 1oz
5th Avenue Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
5th Avenue Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
5th Avenue Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 4.2 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
allbeauty.com
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Gift Set 4.2oz
5th Avenue Gift Set by Elizabeth Arden Gift Set for Women Includes 4.2 oz Eau De Parfum Spray .12 oz Mini 3.3 oz Body Lotion
Gift Set 2.5oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz Moisturizing Body Lotion 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Gift Set 4.2oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz Moisturizing Body Lotion 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue NYC Eau de Parfum Spray Limited Edition
5th Avenue Nyc Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
5th Avenue Nyc Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.